[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Souls 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: darksouls2.jpg (170KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
darksouls2.jpg
170KB, 1680x1050px
Okay /v/.

So what went wrong?

And what went right?
>>
>>272977803
>wrong
everything
>right
nothing

It is returning to Sony to make it the god it once was.
>>
nothing

goddammit just let me forget about it
>>
>>272977803
Everything was right.

Nothing was wrong.

/V/ loves this game.
>>
Right
>PC performance
>Multiplayer connection functionality

Wrong
>Linear level design and mostly linearly arranged world design combined with fast travel meant that places were never revisited, making nothing memorable
>Poorly implemented, uninteresting, and easy boss fights were constantly thrown at the player
>Overarching plot is deliberately obtuse and unexplained, making your character's actions even more meaningless than the first game
>NPCs talk about how their memories are gone and how the world is generally fucked; this interesting plotpoint was actually never explored
>Lighting system was ditched at the last minute, removing potential atmosphere and a use for the torch system. This also made the game a general visual downgrade from the first

I could go on, but those are off the top of my head.
>>
>>272977887
Real helpful information, I definitely gleaned a lot of thoughtful opinions out of that statement.
>>
Crown of the Iron King is objectively the worst thing to happen to this game.
>>
>>272978726
Are any of the DLCs worth buying? As in are they better than the core game?
>>
It got mainstream attention because you faggots couldn't stop talking about DaS1.
you did this.
>>
>>272977887
>/neogaf/
>>
>>272978835
I blame those shitty lorefag youtubers
>>
>>272978814
I liked Ivory King.
Old Iron can go shove the smelter demon up its rancid asshole.
Need to play Sunken.
Get them when they're on sale.
>>
>>272978508
All of these opinions I can agree with. Souls 1 has way more hours than 2 at the moment, could never pinpoint why but I think you nailed it. From did a terrible job of building the world with the sequel, I wanted some deeper lore.
>>
>>272978814

I liked sunken and ivory, ivory is really good. Iron king can suck my dick, a lot of people like it though so maybe it's just my opinion.
>>
>>272979015
Lack of Red Eye Orb also kills it, because now, you can't just invade the fuck out of places freely.
>>
Will Bloodborne be better guys?
>>
>>272978508
Don't forget completely fucking over the PVP scene with soul-memory.
And estus
>>
File: 1397429009994.png (218KB, 630x634px) Image search: [Google]
1397429009994.png
218KB, 630x634px
>>272978508

I agree with all of these. But the first one isn't really a problem for me, but i can understand why it would be a problem for most people.

Overall, Dark Souls 2 blundered a lot trying to emulate Dark Souls 1 instead of doing it's own thing.

I still like it though.
>>
>>272979430
>No armor
No
>>
>>272978508

>pc performance

Yeah because game breaking bugs like weapons decaying twice as fast and some enemies attacking twice as fast are great right
>>
I had an idea for a souls-like game
It's based on an "Of Monsters and Men" song
and you play as anthropomorphic animals

It's good in my mind
>>
>>272979524
>no armour
But there's already been different types of sets shown
>>
>>272979430

I haven't been following bloodborne at all because going into a souls game blind is the best thing you can do, so i'm just going to say yes.

I like dark souls 2 though so maybe my opinion is worthless to you.
>>
>>272979759
it's a bad idea simply because of monsters and men is a fucking shitty band
>>
>>272979759
>different races = different classes
Might be cool
>>
>>272979524
>Anon cannot into getting good.
>>
>>272979893
Nah, that's wrong

>>272980025
Yeah, so far I have Turtle as a tank sort of class, rabbit as a quick class, fox as a stealth class, and a mage mole class
>>
>>272977803

>Wrong
-No poise, return of stunlock PvP meta
-Need 60+ poise to tank one hit from a fucking dagger. Poise break values are beyond fucked.
-Heavy weapons are more useless than ever before
-I-frames tied to a fucking stat that makes your hurtbox linger outwards so you can get hit even more if you don't level up
-Fucked up scaling on pure melee
-No reason not to level up to SL 300+ since Soul Memory expires your characters, not leveling up is basically a disadvantage no matter what
-Drop rates on some equipment is insane

>Right
+Lots of cool new armor sets
+Other healing items don't really ruin everything, Estust is still the best
+Proper dual wielding
+While it doesn't actually work, having poise as "hyper armor" was a good idea. Still listing it as a pro because the idea behind it is pretty good, even though it doesn't really work in the final version of the game. No, tanking one hit does not qualify as working.
+4 ring slots, though this was necessary, to be honest.
+Allowed to have a decent roll up to a pretty high equip load %
+Guard breaks to punish turtles, though it is kind of on the slow side
+Allowed to run while locked on, free movement

A lot of design choices were just terrible. Poise is non-existent, damage is all over the fucking place, i-frames are either too little or too fucking much, messed up hitboxes everywhere... lots of good and bad things with this game.
>>
Soul Memory and dumb fucking rules in the arenas ruining PVP, which is the only reason to play DS2.
>>
File: 1318267587859.jpg (136KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1318267587859.jpg
136KB, 400x400px
>>272977803

>So what went wrong?

Level design
Uninspired bosses
Tried to copy Dark souls but failed

>And what went right?

It's still dark souls, but with more content
more bosses
more weapons
more characters
more enemies
more areas

To be honest, Dark souls 2 feels like an expansion, a pretty big expansion but still an expansion, it blundered here and there but i like it.
>>
>>272980248
they are awful and your taste is shit
>>
is there hope in bloodborne?
>>
>>272980473
>20 frames of PS4 exclusive

Nah.
>>
Soul memory. Homogenous builds are not fun. Instead, I'll just stab new players on behalf of the meeses. Boy, you sure did show me, From.
>>
>>272980459
They are a mediocre band and taste is relative you turd
>>
>>272980608
oh yea faggot?
my taste > your taste
what now cocksniffer
>>
>>272980772
I accept your opinion
faggot
>>
>>272980248
>fox
Eh, furbait races aren't a stellar idea. Maybe a rat instead
>>
>>272980836
my opinions are fact
>>
>>272980961
>implying furbait races aren't the only way that game would ever sell
>>
>Don't go on /v/ much
>Never heard of Bloodborn until now
>Watch trailer
>Only on PlayStation
Welp. Guess I don't get to play this one. GG Sony, you dumbshits lost a lot of sales
>>
File: deep sea threads.png (1MB, 1428x807px) Image search: [Google]
deep sea threads.png
1MB, 1428x807px
Why the fuck are rings so fucking shitty in DaS2
>half of the "good" rigns are weak copies of the handful of good ones from the first game
>the other half get nerfed to uselessness
>>
>>272977803
Petrify is fucking worthless.

In fact, most goddamn status ailments are worthless and don't do a damn thing at all now in Dark Souls 2. Just feels like they should've removed it.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.