[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got this from Amazon earlier today using same day shipping.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

File: 2014-11-22 19.16.59.jpg (2MB, 3200x2368px) Image search: [Google]
2014-11-22 19.16.59.jpg
2MB, 3200x2368px
Just got this from Amazon earlier today using same day shipping. Anyone got a list of worth while games to use this stick for the pc?
>>
>>272962651
>bought a stick
>without knowing what to use it with
>>
>>272962651
Ultra Street Fighter 4, Skullgirls, The King of Fighters XIII, BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger and BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend soon.
On a side note, I thought playing Mortal Kombat using an arcade stick would feel better but it actually sucks. Holding a button all the time to block feels like chore using one of these.
>>
any fighting games really
>>
If you're serious about getting into fighting games, Ultra Street Fighter 4
>>
>>272962907
I picked up ultra sf4 a couple of days ago and and figured I'd relive my childhood arcade days of sf2.

>>272963352
Cool list, got anything that's more like a side scroller like metal slug or anything I can pick up with mame.
>>
>>272964026
Yeah, Super House of Dead Ninjas also feels good on it. Binding of Isaac too. All those side scrolling beat'em up games also play great on it, Like Dungeons and Dragons, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs and Knights of the Round. Some of these are on MAME I think.
>>
Why didn't you just wait like 4 days for it to be like 100 bucks or something?
>>
>>272962651
>>bought a stick
>>without knowing what to use it with
Are you really this retarded op?
>>
>>272962651

Grab mame or whatever
>>
90-99% of fighting games available on steam
practically anything you can emulate

>PC master race in charge of knowing what their own shit does
>>
>>272963352
>Blazblue CT
>Blazblue CSE
>Guilty Gear Isuka
What is wrong with arcsys, do they not understand how fighting games work or something?
>>
File: Noel.Vermillion.full.353627.jpg (231KB, 827x1169px) Image search: [Google]
Noel.Vermillion.full.353627.jpg
231KB, 827x1169px
Guilty Gear X2 #Reload
Blazblue Calamity Trigger (Continuum Shift Extend Dec 11th)
Ultra Street Fighter 4
Skullgirls
Melty Blood
>>
>>272962651
any fighting game
any arcade game
>>
>>272966213
I'm aware of mame, I'm just asking about specific games that are great to play, as I'm sure there's allot of gems that I've never heard of.
>>
>>272962651
Pretty much any fighting game or MAME.
>>
>>272962651
Any shoot 'em up really.

Mercenary Kings should be cool with this.
>>
>>272967613

No, you grab mame, a complete romset with images so as to get an idea of what are you getting into with each game so as to avoid things you hate and dive right in.

You'll discover games every day
>>
>>272967083
>BBCS
>USFIV
>SG

he said games WORTH playing with stick
>>
OP why the fuck did you pay for same-day shipping without even knowing what youre going to play with this thing you fucking idiot i hate you
>>
ikaruga
>>
File: fightingstickaroo.jpg (109KB, 1144x906px) Image search: [Google]
fightingstickaroo.jpg
109KB, 1144x906px
>>272962651
Picked up a Qanba Q2 Glow.

Plating some USF4, BlazBlue and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax.
>>
>>272962651
What others have mentioned but also check out Yatagarasu. There's a new version coming out on steam "soon" but the old version is pretty similar and should be fairly cheap if it looks fun to you.

There's also Melty Blood. Hell, for that matter, get GGPO and play the shit out of classic arcade games with some of the best netcode ever.
>>
>>272969090
Because same day shipping was only $5.99 and I get to have some practice with sf4 instead of trying to grind with a gamepad.
>>
>>272973909
I have that same stick and felt that the new Hori buttons were pretty bad. You might look into replacing them with Sanwa buttons.

The Hayabusa stick, on the other hand, feels the same as the Sanwa JLF.
>>
>tfw still no confirmation if PS3 sticks are going to work with GG Xrd on PS4 (doesn't work in demo)
>no third party PCBs for PS4
>>272974487
Hayabusa feels different but better, at least in my opinion. Kuro buttons are trash though.
>>
>tfw KoF XI will never ever get online version on Steam
>>
>tfw Melty Blood will never get online version with lobbies and proper matchmaking anywhere ever
Also, how is Dengeki game? Worth playing? Kusoge?
>>
>>272975225
You'll be hard pressed to find many people that will actually take it seriously but I think it's pretty fun, depending on the character- Rentaro is fun and complex enough. Misaka is probably the most fun zoner I've ever played.

A lot of the other characters are just really boring to play though.
>>
>>272974487
I have zero knowledge about fightstick modding, but looking at some youtube vids makes it look simple enough. I plan to make it into a 6 button layout instead and just use a button plug to cover the other 2. I have to ask, do I need to make sure that the wires of the 2 unused buttons to not be touching to not cause any kind of electrical short? Do I need to put some electrical tape on each wire to make sure that it doesn't happen?
>>
Is that the fightstick that also works with the PS4? How is it? I was going to pick either it up or the Madcatz PS4 stick for Guilty gear.

can we make this a fightstick thread?
>>
>>272965865
Are they really going to have a sale for this on BF?
>>
How are the buttons? Are they similar to Sanwa or anything?
>>
>>272978098
Why the fuck are you buying the PS4 version?
>>
>>272978369
Because I don't want the PS3 version.
>>
>>272978369

Because he has a PS4? If you've already got the system, why the fuck wouldn't you buy the PS4 version?
>>
>>272977768
>do I need to make sure that the wires of the 2 unused buttons to not be touching
Wouldn't hurt to wrap a piece of electrical tape around the leads.

As far as the buttons go, I did it to mine today and it's a drop in replacement. Just disconnect the wires, pop out the old buttons, pop in the new ones and reconnect. Shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes.

>>272978098
I always recommend Hori over MadCatz from personal experience.

>>272978198
Kuro buttons are hot garbage. There is nothing about them that is better than Sanwa OBSF's.
>>
>>272978369
That fightstick works on both Ps3 and 4.
>>
>>272978549
Because you need to buy a new stick and PS+ to play it. Nobody competitively will be playing the PS4 version either.
>>
>>272974487

>Hori buttons
>Still bad

When will these bastards learn.
>>
Might as well ask here

I want to put new artwork on my stick. i know the tek innovation website can do it for me, but I cannot design anything to save my life. Should I go ahead and get someone to commission for me?
>>
I bought the Etokki Sanwa
Did I make the right choice for a first stick?
>>
File: HRAP.jpg (54KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
HRAP.jpg
54KB, 1920x1280px
>>272978717
Well to be fair- at least they learned with the lever. The buttons are supposed to be able to last longer than the Sanwas but I don't know of anyone on the planet that has ever worn out a button.

>>272978828
Just look around at stick threads on dustloop or SRK and find a design you like. Then mimic it.

Or just go the simplistic route.
>>
>>272978828
Do you want someone to photoshop existing artwork on to a template or do you want completely new art?

If it's the former, go to >>>/w/ and see if someone will help you. Or some other art related board.
>>
>>272962651
A list?
All fighting games.
All Shmups.
Almost everything on MAME.
There's your fuckin list.
>>
>>272969214
>tfw already got my BBCP and Ultimax Plat
Infact, my only two plats
Currently A rank, 605 PSR with Adachi on Ultimax
With a pad
>>
>>272979470
I need to get back into P4AU. Just have too much of a backlog.
>>
>>272971120
Is that out for everyone? Only backers of a certain tier? All backers? I put in enough for a digital copy of the game and have one version in my library right now.

Also, how's the netplay and matchmaking?
>>
>>272978676
There's crossplay between both systems. PS4 runs in 1080 as opposed to PS3's 720.
>>
>>272979665
All $10 and up backers should have access to the Steam alpha.

Netplay is fine if you can actually find someone else online. Just remember to adjust the delay on the character select screen ("o" and "p" keys). A lot of people shit on the default netcode because they don't know about having to manually adjust the delay.
>>
File: godhand_green.png (372KB, 1800x873px) Image search: [Google]
godhand_green.png
372KB, 1800x873px
>>272978828
I'm pretty shit at PS and I managed to put together my own, admittedly simple, art.
>>
>>272979985
I wish I knew of it's development so I could get in on it. I've been hungry for yata since august/september
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.