[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's Play thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Megaman2_box.jpg (46KB, 325x484px) Image search: [Google]
Megaman2_box.jpg
46KB, 325x484px
My friend and I have started recording play footage of Megaman 2 and would like to hear your thoughts, criticisms or similar experiences. I think this is our best video so far:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygGNk5wkl0E&list=PLqSmVzgloi6DH0fkZhxK7JZyz--EFQ2HV&index=7
>>
>>270395150
>all that silence
>shit mic quality
>all that white noise

ples
>>
I'm glad that you picked a game that is a staple of almost every fucking let's play channel.
>>
>>270395761
>>270395624
We're poor and using a cellphone to record stuff because it's cheaper than a mic. MM2 is also easy to record because it's a short game and the ps2 was already hooked up.
>>
>>270396616
>We're poor and using a cellphone to record stuff because it's cheaper than a mic

Then stop because you won't get anywhere, no quality+no funny=failure
>>
>>270395150
>this quality
>this dialog
please make the chick shut up. also you suck at video games so i guess you're perfect for lp's :^)
>>
>>270396616

>presumably using a capture card
>too poor for a mic

man you don't need a god tier one. Just get some shitty $30 thing until you can do better.

Not that it matters since from what I can gather there's nothing good here that any dime a dozen LPer isn't also doing. If you want to get noticed you need a hook. If that's not going to be interesting commentary you need to play something not many other people are doing. You say you're playing this on a PS2 so you're using the megaman anniversary collection. Play that racing game (or the fighting game, I forget which is on that and which is on the x collection.) and try again.
>>
>>270395150
better audio m8.
>>
>>270398197
It's all improvised, it's hard to write a script for 4 hours worth of footage. What's wrong with her? Is she annoying? At least give a reason. It's not me playing, it's her playing. That's kind of the point. She's awful at videogames, there's some humor in the fact that it takes over a hour for her to beat something. I suppose i could edit her successful runs,then we record audio over that. But it's not the same, and not as fun. I know the audio quality is bad. Other than that does it have any redeeming qualities?
>>
>>270401293
>there's some humor in the fact that it takes over a hour for her to beat something

No there isn't. That shit isn't fun to watch.

I want you to look up Game Center CX. You've seen that show flying around online, right? With Arino? He sits down and plays games over the course of a day or two. There is humor that he's bad at games, but that's not the only thing it has going. He's genuinely funny beyond that as well. It works because, amongst other things, it's condensed. I honestly don't think the various "live" events are that great because they're not condensed and, even though he's an actual comedian, there's just going to be dry spells. Your entire video was a dry spell.
>>
>>270402074
You realize that's a tv show, with a team of people all working together to create something. That's not even a fair comparison. How can I make it not dry? Can you give a suggestion?
>>
>>270403834

pretty simple, editing.
>>
>>270403869

actually, shit, let me elaborate a little.

Editing. You cut out the points where it becomes fucking boring. You keep the jokes and the interesting gameplay moments. What if you aren't funny during the gameplay for whatever reason? Record your audio after the gameplay and overlay it. That's not some kind of sin in let's plays. You just need to actually make an interesting video, it really doesn't matter how you reach that point.
>>
>>270403869
What type of editing could I could to improve this? Should I cut stuff? should i just show the successful run and we talk over that? Share your ideas, that's what i'm asking for. Build on your suggestion. Give examples.
>>
>>270404249
Focus on successful runs. Don't discredit any and all failed attempts, but if there's nothing interesting, witty or educational going on axe that shit.
>>
>>270404078
But i want realism, i don't want reactions to stuff we already know is going to happen. That's the thing i hate about current lets plays. When they record and capture footage separately. The reaction doesn't seem genuine. It's a lot more challenging to improvise than to just write a script and voice over the game footage. I guess i could have keypoints to talk about. The problem is, we don't know when she'll win, it just happens. We try to stay creative, tell stories to keep the viewer interested in us and the game. I guess it's something to work on then. If that's your criticism, then that's something we'll need to work on.
>>
>>270404864
Who's your target demographic? People who are already familiar with the game? People who aren't?
Because if you're trying to make this as a production focused on video games, you had better focus on the game at hand.

Your initial encounter with the boss was in a fast-forwarded segment. Hell, it seems like most of the video is a fast-forwarded segment.

This is just a big disservice to your main subject.
>>
>>270395150
here's me and my friend playing dkc 2 but just the funny parts in 1 video.
http://youtu.be/GZW49cpn19g
>>
>>270406570
I don't have a demographic, that's why i'm posting it here and some other places to see who likes it and who doesn't. This is still a test run.I know there's a lot of fast forwarding, it's because I don't want to cut footage because that's what every Let's Play does. They present a big fat lie. People see lets players like everyday people some people think that they're completely unedited, which in most cases is false. My goal, was to simply present a raw lets play, with minimal editing. As if you were say, in the same room sharing the experience. We;re not going for jokes, or to be funny. Just wanted to create a experience for people who don't have other people to play videgames with. Isn't that the goal of a let's play? For the viewer to see the game at hand, with other people, and have it be like they were actually there? That's how i view let's plays
>>
>>270407486
>i just named my demographic after saying i don't know my demographic. lulz
>>
File: 1406770175799.gif (3MB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
1406770175799.gif
3MB, 240x320px
>tfw seeing your longplay get popular on another channel
>>
>>270407486
Those microphones are peakin' something awful.
Very grating once the reactions are loud.
If your microphones pick up too much noise when they're further from your faces to amp it up in post, it might be time to get better microphones.

>>270408007
Consider this from a gameplay perspective. Your initial encounter with Air Man is glossed over. Verbosely. With a fast-forward. For anyone invested in the game, this is a big ol' "FUCK YOU", and this is how you paint your own opinions as well.

If it was one of those fully edited videos with constant splices, this probably wouldn't be so jarring, but when the singular piece of editing in your video shows such a level of disinterest in its subject, why would your viewers care in the slightest?

It's like writing a movie commentary where you ignore the movie. And in post-production, you cut out all the bits where you were actually talking about the movie.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.