[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm playing the HD remake of this. Never played FFX before.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Ffx_intro.jpg (128KB, 1024x766px) Image search: [Google]
Ffx_intro.jpg
128KB, 1024x766px
I'm playing the HD remake of this. Never played FFX before. I just have one question.

Does it ever get good? So far, NOTHING has been good about it.
>>
>>270043723
You have to be 12 years old and in the 90's to enjoy it
>>
>seymour talking shit to auron
>"i smell the farplane on you"
>tidus starts sniffing auron
>auron pushes him away like he's an idiot
>>
>>270043723
It was the start of what would end up being FF13. I mean 14 years ago it blew my mind because grafix. The sphere grid and battle system were okay. The story was typical nonsensical bullshit. You aren't ever going to have that "holy fuck I love this game" feelings playing it. You're just going to finish it because you feel obligated after starting.
>>
>>270043918
Yeah I was thinking that. It's depressing, really. Like, I only played Seiken Densetsu 3 last month and enjoyed the fuck out of it. People claim this is one of the best FF's, so... idk. I guess not.
>>
if the characters aren't growing on you, then it will never get good

i love the characters and the game has a lot of personality. moreso than ff13
>>
I'm so glad I have the original version so I can listen to the godly soundtrack and not the abomination of the HD version.

I hate squareenix for doing that.
>>
>>270044076
>moreso than ff13
That's not saying anything at all
>>
FFX is proof that JRPGs are a horribly dated genre

Purse owner is only good for the VN elements.
>>
>>270044203
ff10 has little interactions between the characters that are funny or cute or whatever. there are little asides that give them personality.

modern FF just doesn't have that
>>
>>270044284
FFX is modern final fantasy you silly.

But you're not wrong.
>>
>>270044025
Yeah it is depressing. Honestly if you want to play one of the better FFs get 4 or 6. I really didn't play either of them until late 00's and they were by far my favorites. No nostalgia bullshit there.
>>
>>270043723
nope

the battle system is the only good thing about it
>>
>>270044529
>4

Never got this recc. Dated gameplay, boring forced roles, and Star Wars ripoff story.
>>
>>270043918
To be fair, the ending is really fucking good and post-game can get addicting
>>
>>270044529
>4 or 6
>Not glorious V
>>
Ill say my opinion from the perspective that i considered this game to be one of the best (ala top 5) final fantasy's yadda yadda story sphere grid ect bullshit who had a revisit watching someone else play it recently(as their first time).

Holy shit the game is fucking lackluster easy. The characters have soo much cookie-cutter personality i guess my 12 year old self coundnt see past the circlejerk i had over the series.
The combat was bland without active time battle, the sphere grid was fucking stupid casual for the first time player (dont use locks, follow the path, you eventually win the game).

I was really worried since when my girlfriend started i couldn't find the memory card to my PS2 so she played over half the game without dieing, something that shocked me how a person who never played a FF or like series just easily shat on the game. Eventually i got the memory card before the seymor fight at Mt. Gagazet(fuck spelling) where everyone's first death probably occurred since that was the first time something actually zombified you then cure.
Then you get to the end and you are on fucking auto-life. What the literal fuck, that could of been the best final boss rush of the game if it was done correctly.

At least with the HD remake i hear there is some sort of master sphere grid mode? I never tried it but it seems like a step in the right direction to give a little fucking bit of depth to the game.

Its what
>>270043862
Said, unless you were 12 and in the 90's (i guess 2000 when it came out) its gonna be a hard time to enjoy it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.