[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's up guys. I figured you would probably know which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: Retro consoles.jpg (85KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Retro consoles.jpg
85KB, 800x600px
What's up guys. I figured you would probably know which is best.

I'm looking to buy a handheld android games console that will emulate the following consoles without any real problems. I don't want to spend more than $100. The system must be able to emulate NES, SNES, Master System, Genesis, NeoGeo, GBA, PS1, and N64. If it can also emulate PSP and DS, great, if not, I'm not too worried. It must also have some kind of TV output. I don't care about screen resolution, nor screen size.

Does anyone have experience using android emulators to play retro games?

I'll post a list of the ones I have been looking at. Some of them are incredibly cheap, but I assume there's a reason for this.
>>
>>269183119
JXD A1000
This one is so cheap, it seems too good to be true. I noticed key mapping isn’t listed as a feature, so would this make the buttons useless on emulated games?
http://www.jxdofficial.com/jxd-a1000-4-3-inch-game-consoles.html

JXD S5110
More expensive, but appears to do the same as the A1000
http://www.jxdofficial.com/jxd-5110-5-inch-game-console-player.html?options=cart

JXD S110B
More expensive again, but dual core CPU, and lists PS1 as supported.
http://www.jxdofficial.com/jxd-s5110b-5-inch-dual-core-game-console.html?options=cart

GPDQ88
Honestly seems better than all the JXD consoles, and cheaper than even their best ones. But it’s literally sold out everywhere I look
http://www.dealsmachine.com/best_185676.html

Archos gamepad
Looks pretty sick, found one for just over $100, but would rather pay less if I can.
http://www.archos.com/gb/products/tablets/themed/archos_gamepad2/index.html

GPD G5A
Quadcore CPU, looks pretty sick, $100, but would like to pay less if there’s something less fancy that does the same thing.
http://www.willgoo.com/gpd-g5a-android-gaming-tablet-hand-grip-design-quad-core-5-8gb-p-539.html

Have I missed anything, are there any known problems with emulation on these machines? Detailed answers incredibly appreciated. Thanks.
>>
Just get a damn Shield.
>>
>>269184327
Way too expensive. Here in the UK they're about £200, $350
>>
>>269183160
>JXD
Never again
Do this >>269184327
>>
>>269185653
Any details on what's bad about them? And I seriously can't afford £200.
>>
The only low cost android with good power I can think of is the Moto G
>>
>>269185921
Fake analogs for one (they're just dpads)

>>269185938
Not enough power.
>>
>>269185938
honestly any of those will emulate older consoles just fine. if you don't care about ppsspp, then go with any of them.
>>
>>269185938
Yeah... That's a phone. I already have the Galaxy S3, which is more powerful.
>>
>>269186214
But I heard certain devices struggle with certain games on certain emulators. You think the cheapest one will emulate PS1 and N64 well? I also heard some snes games can be temperamental. I don't want to just buy a cheap one on blind faith, only to discover it wont do what I need it to.
>>
>>269186458
it depends on the emulator you're using and playing around with the settings too. N64 doesn't really emulate well on any android device. PSX i'm unsure of because I haven't emulated anything with psxe yet. snes for me has been completely fine. Also, drastic is a great DS emulator, should run on anything.
>>
>>269186458
look up letcool gamestation. probably the best cheap one.
>>
I can emulate N64 just fine on my Galaxy S5, but I'm afraid I haven't tried PS1 yet. The rest could probably be emulated on an iPhone, so you'll have no problem there no matter what you choose.
>>
>>269187417
It looks awful. Doesn't even run android. Do you own one? It says nothing about being able to emulate PS1 or N64
>>
>>269187691
I could emulate N64 on my old S2, and PS1, no problems. I guess I'll just go for the cheapest one, then. But keymapping might be an issue
>>
>>269187879
no, just watched a youtube video of a guy reviewing it and really liking it. I don't think any of these cheap chinese handhelds will play ps1 or n64. Get an android phone off ebay.
>>
>>269188515
Well... Most of them clearly state that they do. And android has a bunch of working emulators for both the consoles. I was really looking for someone with experience using android handhelds.
>>
>>269183119
>more than 50% of the volume of that collection is empty box
>>
>>269188739
Maybe? Not really what the thread was about, but okay.
>>
FYI most android emulators have built in button mapping for buttons and such, the button mapping that is used on most android gaming devices just maps buttons to parts of the touch screen so you can play touch screen games with the buttons
>>
>>269187417
>letcool
HAHAHAHAno
>>
>>269188680
dudes trying to help you and you sound like an asshole. also, they're all shit, so have fun wasting your money.
>>
>>269188901
When I downloaded a bunch of emulators to my old Galaxy S2, I had to download an app that allowed me to do keymapping to a bluetooth controller I had. It was fucking complicated, which is fine, but this going to be a christmas present for someone that isn't as technically minded as me. So I'm going to set it all up before I give it to them.
>>
>>269189089
Well yeah you gotta do that for a seperate bluetooth controller but devices that have controls built in don't need to do that kind of thing. I used to have an Xperia Play so I know.
>>
>>269189037
>You sound like an asshole
>But I am an asshole
>Who obviously knows nothing

I wasn't being rude at all. Just pointing out that most at least some of them clearly do emulate PS1 and N64.
>>
>>269183119
Why don't you just buy a PSP? Surely you can get one for under a hundred bucks. Hell, I got one for 20 bucks off ebay last year.
>>
>>269189220
Thanks, this was helpful.
>>
>>269189248
this, psp is the best option. or just get a jxd s7800.
>>
>>269189470
No SD card slot, though? Can the PSP emulate everything I listed, no problems? And what's the best model to get, and do I need to do any kind of tinkering? I know my way around android, I never owned a PSP
>>
>>269183119
I'm gonna agree with this anon >>269189248 and second the notion of you getting a PSP. Not only do you get flawless PSP/PS1 emulation, but all of the other emulators are covered, and it can be picked up for $60 or less. Modding them is a really simple task too.
>>
>>269189671
pap fat works well, not sure about the newer versions. you can most likely buy one already hacked on ebay.
>>
>>269189808
And they have wifi, and can take SD cards?
>>
>>269189671
PSP's use memory stick or Micro SD with an adapter. It can emulate everything you listed except maybe N64 and DS might be a bit janky. Last time I emulated N64 on a PSP was 2008 though so your mileage may vary.

I believe 2000's are my favorite model because the screen is brighter, 3000's have a great screen too and 1000's have good weight ergonomically speaking. You'll have to do some softmodding as far as tinkering but if you can install a program on your PC, you're qualified to mod a PSP in my opinion.
>>
>>269190221
Sounds great. One last thing, though... TV output? That's a must have.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.