[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NINTENDO WII U 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 14

File: file.png (3MB, 2089x1169px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3MB, 2089x1169px
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/nintendo-is-already-developing-the-successor-to-wii-u#.VEcC3vldX-U
http://pastebin.com/t3WMrZAk
Fucking calm down Nintendo
God damn Japanese Jews
>>
What makes you think they aren't working on a PS5 or an Xbox Two?
>>
>It's no secret that Nintendo begins developing their consoles right before the previous one is released. The Wii U, in fact, began development right after the Wii, and that began its development as a peripheral for the GameCube.
>>
quality of life
>>
They are due to announce their next handheld soon, as early as next year but most likely 2016.
>>
>>268739525
/thread, this is how Sony and MS operate too. R&D on the next one starts right away. Wouldn't be surprised if their next portable is nearing a prototype.
>>
>>268739751
N3DS comes out next year. We'll get an announcement in 2016, release in 2017. No reason for Nintendo to dump the 3DS when it still selling well.
>>
It's nothing new.
>>
>Initial hardware for the 360's successor, commonly referred to by the industry as the "Xbox 720", was reportedly in hands of developers as early as May 2011

>According to lead architect Mark Cerny, development on Sony's eighth-generation video game console began as early as 2008

Fucking kikes
>>
>>268739801
>next portable
I hope nintendo just do both at once

a portable with micro-hdmi output and support for more controllers, making it usable as a home console as well

basically similar to what the Wii U is, except the controller would actually be the console
>>
pc 2 when
>>
Saw this exact same thread earlier with the same stupid OP opinions.
OP is always a faggot.
Why do we share board with such retards?
>>
This is how every single company operates, calm your tits you autistic pieces of shit reject manchildren.
They release a console, then immediately work on the next console after it's released.
It Is known, Khaleesi.
>>
>>268740089
Listen bro, dont take this the wrong way, i dont want to hurt your feelings but im going to be brutally honest with you, that post you just made, is fucking retarded, i want you to stop for a minute and contemplate how much of a fucking moron you are, no you are not trolling, that shit you just posted is what you really are like alright? maybe you should stop posting, maybe you should chill the fuck out because you are really poisoning this place for us, quit 4chan for a week, think about your life and come back.
>>
>>268739903
N3DS is like the DSi
>>
>took 7 years to make the shit that is Wii U
I cant wait to see the next bundle of shit they release
>>
>ITT Retards and underaged surprised that work on consoles begins relatively shortly after the launch of the current gen console
>>
>>268739480
Because they are going to squeeze another decade out of the current ones.
>>
>>268740991
I'm pretty sure it begins before if anything

all those scrapped designs and ideas that they couldn't do due to the current state of things are basically going straight up into the next project
>>
I'm too old to be on this board.

Nintendo is constantly working on hardware ideas and experimenting with different technology. Elements of their different consoles sometimes go back decades.

The 3D in the 3DS was being toyed with as early as before the Gamecube launched. There's a 3D version of Luigi's Mansion in Nintendo HQ.

Ideas for motion controls go back as far as the Power Glove.

Gameplay ideas using the Wii Fit Balance Board go back as far as that floor-mat that controlled certain games that was on the NES.

Furthermore, what kind of company that makes hardware would be so stupid that they'd have no ideas in the bank or stop developing hardware for any period of time?

A lot of people call Nintendo's hardware "bad", because from their perspective, horsepower is the only aspect of hardware that matters (buy a PC then). Nintendo's hardware is good, in my opinion, because they put a lot of time and thought into developing their systems. It's a synnergy of control input and various technologies and cost effectiveness and durability standards and aesthetic appeal.
>>
>>268739480
Because Sony and MS HD engineers are most likely working on the final touches of the slim versions. Most likely to be sold on the next holidays.

After that they will start to work on PS5 Xbone 2.
>>
>>268741612
>Xbone 2
so Xbox 12, then? that seems to fit their horrible numbering scheme
>>
>>268739309
everyone does it, thats how companies operate, as soon as the product is released they work on a better version, I will let you in on a big secret op, ps5 and xbone 2 are also being worked on right now
>>
>>268741762
shame they're skipping a windows version, by the time xbox 12 is out, windows 13 will probably out and it just won't match
>>
>>268741762
Not, it isn't Xbox Twelve, but Xbox One 2.
>>
File: Jeremy_Clarkson2.jpg (12KB, 300x332px) Image search: [Google]
Jeremy_Clarkson2.jpg
12KB, 300x332px
>>268741537
>horsepower is the only aspect that matters (buy a PC then)
>have a V16 with 2 superchargers
>not a single developer has gone beyond a V8 with a Turbo
>>
>yfw there are people on this board, where the jump to gen 8 was their first generation change they experienced
I talked to a kid who was "mad at nintendo" for making a wiiU because they wouldn't make anymore games for the wii. He also refused to buy a 3DS for the same reason.
>>
>>268742153
That's cute.
>>
>>268742153
>tfw poorfag family and had to skip the entire 5th gen
>>
R&D can go on for years faggots
>>
>>268742247
I keep having to remind myself that the DS came out in 2004, and was getting games up until 2012. That's 8 fucking years.

The kid could have been 5 when he got his DS with nintendogs and mario 64 ds, then he's 12 and what is this, NO MORE DS GAMES!?!?!

Black and White 2 being on regular DS must have been cruel, it lured him into believing that no matter what, Pokemon would keep happening on his DS.

Then XY came out and he couldn't play it and was crushed
>>
>>268742556
The only thing that matters in this life is love and peace.

Sometimes I wish I couldn't afford so many video games. Maybe I'd have to do something about the downward spiral that is my emotional life instead of just obsessing over collecting games I hardly enjoy playing anymore.
>>
>>268742663
But, then he buys it and finds out that new hardware is fun.

Though, back when I was young, console generations felt like pretty big leaps. It was impossible not to notice and get excited.
>>
>>268739309
OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY ARE DOING THIS JUST LIKE THEY DID SINCE THEIR VERY FIRST CONSOLE!!!!!!!
>>
>>268739309
>op links a link without actually reading it
>>
>>268741537
It's pretty cool, I agree. I play PC games on a laptop with integrated graphics so obviously my minimum standards of graphical prowess are pretty low; that notwithstanding, so far I've found the Wii U to be more than powerful enough to display great looking games -- hardly surprising, since the Galaxy titles were already beautiful and ran on the previous generation of Nintendo hardware. Even when focusing on horsepower, with 720/60, I'd say the Wii U has come far enough. And reasonably speaking it should only improve with successive generations.

That said, I do find it immensely disappointing that the 3DS is so underpowered it killed the Ice Climbers in Smash 4, and slow down in multi-Pokémon battles in XY and that Nintendo is actually releasing an incremental upgrade to it (N3DS) simply to give it a middling power boost. I would certainly buy a gaming PC if I cared about 4K 120fps triple anti-aliasing, but I still think Nintendo should put enough thought (and horsepower) into their consoles as to be able to perform sufficiently well. And it seems the 3DS hasn't.
>>
>tfw their hardware will still be underpowered and archaic

: (
>>
>>268743365
Yeah, they obviously can put as much horsepower as they want into their machines, but don't for one reason or another. One of those reasons is cost management. You know, they even consider how much electricity their consoles use and try to keep that down, because in Japan people are generally care about recycling and shit.

I read one time MIyamoto talking about how he designed the Wii with housewives in mind, because he wanted it to be quiet, and unassuming, and not use a lot of energy, so that the average housewife wouldn't mind having it in the living room.
>>
>>268743365
This is definitely the most disappointing thing about the 3DS and the Wii U in general.

I love that Nintendo at least attempts new things, truly, I do, but the problem is that the horsepower on most of their devices is so disgustingly underpowered it kills a lot of the experience.

Not even a graphics whore, but there are plenty of games that suffer in experience due to the 3DS' grossly underpowered hardware, such as the games you states, amongst various other ones.

Same goes with the Wii U, as there are hardly any titles with a decent video output and general fps. Couple that with no AA and it can ruin the experience here and there, especially when slowdown is present.

Overall, it should be said that Nintendo produces quality games left and right, but to assert that horsepower is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things is just silly. The PS4 is selling well not only because of hardcore marketing, but also because most see it as the "most powerful console" despite the fact that a somewhat-expensive PC can run laps around it.
>>
>6 years to develop a console
>10 minutes to build a PC with better specs
>>
File: 1395109724319.jpg (1KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
1395109724319.jpg
1KB, 100x100px
>>268744313
>>
>>268744313
>10 minutes
Let's not forget the thousand(s of) dollars!
>>
>he bought a 3ds
>he bought a wiiU
>>
>>268744142
I don't think horsepower is irrelevant, I just think everything but horsepower is irrelevant when they flat out call Nintendo's hardware "bad".

The 360 was more powerful than the Wii, but it was held together with bubblegum, gave me cancer from just looking at it, and needed a giant energy-sucking brick to function. Not to mention the only games worth playing on the thing were multiplat and eventually on PC.
>>
>>268744693
>He didn't
>>
>>268740089
But no. They've already confirmed that they'll keep handheld/home console separate. They'll just now share the same OS and dev tools, like Apple does with its hardware.
>>
>>268739751
>They are due to announce their next handheld soon

What is the N3DS
>>
>>268744568
>thousands
You can build a PC with more power than a PS4 for the same price as a PS4
>>
They always do this. By next year PS5 and Xbox 4000 concepts will be sketches on a white board.
>>
>>268744967
Fucking finally.
>>
>>268744693
>not having a 3DS

I get not having a WiiU as it is more of a niche device, but I feel like the 3DS has something for everyone, and is cheap enough that its hard to say no.
>>
>>268744967
And, I believe the teams that work in each department have either been consolidated or put physically closer together so they can communicate more efficiently.

They said that they want in the future to make it easier to port games from previous gen to next gen and across from console to handheld.
>>
Nintendo is working on a five year cycle while the other consoles are working on a ten year cycle.
>>
Companies always start developing their consoles early, they have to. The amount of R&D that does into these machines is ridiculous. The PS5 is being worked on right now, they just won't say it because no point.
>>
>>268745352
Says you?
>>
no shit? Wii U started development in 2007, one year after the Wii release
>>
>>268742053
>That's it Master Halo!
>Give 'em Bill's old Xbox One, 2 punch!
>>
>>268744746
I think it should be noted that the fact that Nintendo does neglect horsepower to the extent they do today should be worth scolding, though.

The fact that they're a video game company only hopping aboard the HD train now (and mostly on the 720p version of it, there are hardly many 1080p games for the Wii U), is sort of insulting, seeing as we're entering the 4K age of resolution, with some 5K computers coming out in the near future (t-thanks, Apple.)

While they don't receive the credit they deserve for desiring to innovate, the fact that the 3DS barely exceeds the PSP's level of hardware is awful, and the fact that most Wii U games can't handle much more than 720p with no AA is disappointing.
>>
>>268745352
6 years.

With the last year having 0 games so you're probably right.
>>
>>268745783
And if the Wii U had higher graphical capabilities how much more would it cost?
>>
>>268741537
They're practical only to their own population.

In Japan, it's perfectly normal to carry your phone, 3DS, and a separate music player. People don't really use smartphones (although that's kind of changing), so they're okay with the one-device-one-purpose mentality.
>>
>>268745057
Who builds a computer to have the same specs as a console?
That is defeating the purpose of building a PC you idiot
>>
>>268746059

>look mom i'm pulling shit out of my ass!
>>
>>268745553
Nintendo's MO would be somewhat verifiable, BY YOU, with a 5-minute check on Wikipedia to assess the chonology of their console releases.

Not like I'm on his side or the other, but just look some shit up first.
>>
>>268746330
Developers, for developing games for consoles.
>>
>>268745982
About the same as a PS4 or Xbox One, if not exceeding both by a little, which would be beneficial to the system in a large number of ways.

Nintendo has to keep price as a factor of course, but consider the fact that the Wii U, as it stands right now, is $100 cheaper than both the PS4 and Xbone One ($200 if we include Kinect.). I think a lot could be done with that, even if it means taking a hit here and there.
>>
>>268746330
>That is defeating the purpose of building a PC you idiot

What the fuck am I reading?
>>
File: 1389456928525.png (446KB, 866x575px) Image search: [Google]
1389456928525.png
446KB, 866x575px
>>268746059
>People don't really use smartphones
WHere the fuck have you been for the last 2-3 years?
>>
>>268739309
do you think companies (nintendo, sony, ms)

Have their complete games line-up prepared and forecasted for 5 years?
>>
>>268746414
If you make a statement of a fact, have the evidence to prove it.

The burden is not on me to verify your claims.
>>
>>268746478
You don't build a PC to be as strong as a console because it will NEVER last the gen
>>
>>268746330
>building a PC is just about
mods
community fixes
faster patches
better community
party talk
more memory
and many more
>>
>>268745783
As long as PS4 is the benchmark of horsepower for at-home gaming, 4K hasn't even seen the horizon. Developers can't get 40 FPS on 1080p, don't give them credit for developing a functional game at four times that resolution, because they haven't, and won't for many years.

How long ago was HDTV introduced? I'm still pissed that half of the source videos on television (aside from older syndications) as still in shit resolutions.
>>
>>268739309
inb4 nintendo makes NEW NEW SUPER MARIO BROS
>>
>>268746551
in japan
Smartphones are on the rise, but they still cling to their huge flip phone boner
>>
File: carlol.jpg (8KB, 274x200px) Image search: [Google]
carlol.jpg
8KB, 274x200px
>>268745057

>I can make a PS4 for the same price as a PS4

CARLOOOOSSSS
>>
File: 1401591681444.png (220KB, 400x384px) Image search: [Google]
1401591681444.png
220KB, 400x384px
>>268746941
>Smartphones are on the rise, but they still cling to their huge flip phone boner

Stop talking.
>>
>>268746476
I think as evidenced by the name, Nintendo thought the Wii U would carry more consumers over from the Wii, who were won by this kind of cost efficiency. One of the reasons the Wii did so well was because it was so much less expensive than the competition. I would've bought an HD Wii for 400 dollars when it came out, but the line would've been a lot shorter.

I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to ramp it up a little graphically in the next gen. All I have to go by is the lack of the Wii U's success and Miyamoto's recent comments expressing disappointment with "passive" game consumers, and how they should start to become less of a focus.
>>
>>268747075
see
>>268746651
I was supposed to write graphics after just about, but I'm tired from waiting for my new thing in the mail
>>
Will it finally be stronger than a ps3/360/1998 laptop?
>>
>>268747204
Nope. Expect graphics that are barely better than the PS4's.
>>
>>268747098
Not that guy, but I did see a surprising amount of people using flip-phones when I visited Kyoto and Osaka in 2009.
>>
>>268743982
Well it's no surprising, Nintendo has always catered first and foremost to their Japanese home audience, because they are a Japanese company. It's why online games suck with any Nintendo device, because in Japan everyone is so close together in a country the size of California and the wifi in Japan is 10x better than the US.

It irritates me because here in the US we outnumber the Nips immensely, it's like Nintendo doesn't care about our money
>>
File: 1307193113291.png (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1307193113291.png
14KB, 300x300px
>>268739309
>implying Microsoft, Sony or even Sega is not already developing their next console.

Do you not know what R&D is? 90% of that shit never gets made for consumers, but these companies are always making new shit.
>>
>>268747397
That was 5 years ago. The smartphone market exploded around 2012, and it hasn't stopped yet.
>>
>>268746618
Then you must be 17 or intentionally forgoing any knowledge of recent Nintendo.

Off the top of my head, the timelines between SNES, N64, GC, and Wii were (about) five years.

Now I'll Google that to confirm my hunch:

SNES
>1990

N64
>1996

Gamecube
>2001

Wii
>2006

So what is it? Are you underage or feigning ignorance?
>>
>>268747381
Better than the ps4?
I know it's not saying much, but are they actually going to take advantage of this?
Or am I looking forward to Super Mario 3DS 2 at 60fps?
>>
>>268747471
That does annoy me too.

They completely ignore the differences in our culture regarding how we play multiplayer games. Every single friend I have lives in another state at this point in my life, besides my brother who lives an hour and a half away.
>>
>>268745459
Why does it take so long to develop? Consoles nowadays are just low powered PC's how the fuck is it hard for Sony and Microsoft to get some parts off Newegg, slap it into a box and then call it the new Xbox/Playstation
>>
>>268747632
I'm just asking you to back up your claims. I didn't claim you were lying or anything else. I never once said you were bullshitting or anything of the sort.
>>
>Sony and Microsoft die
>Sega makes a comeback
>Both Nintendo and Sega get all the multiplats and have platforms with similar specs
>>
File: carlos santana.png (66KB, 205x205px) Image search: [Google]
carlos santana.png
66KB, 205x205px
>>268747153

>my argument was supposed to be better, but it wasn't

CAAAAARLOOOOOS
>>
Presenting, the Wuu-Wii-U!
>>
>Wii TU
>>
>>268748242
>Wii VOS
>>
>>268748070
Thats not how carlos works anon.
I'd happily have a PC as powerful as a PS4 with the possibilities of a PC over a PS4.
>>
>>268740089
This is really the only way id buy a nintendo console. I just wanna play pokemon in atleast 7th gen era graphics.
they know how much people like pokemon
>>
Can these fucks actually put in hardware that's not 6 years out of date when the console releases. I love yearly nintendo rehases as much as the next guy, but I can't play Mario Kart 8 without getting eye cancer
>>
>>268739309
I was joking all this time but it looks like Nintendo really is rehashing the Wii U already.
>>
>>268739309
I'm sure it's posted all over /v/, and haters gonna hate anyway over anything, but when gamecube came out, wii already started development. Guess what? When Wii hit, two weeks later they were halfway hired to full for Wii U. It still takes several years.
>>
File: carloos.jpg (17KB, 378x257px) Image search: [Google]
carloos.jpg
17KB, 378x257px
>>268748564

>your argument is invalid because of buh buh buh baah

CAAAAARLOOOOSSSS
>>
>>268749015
Why do you care? Just laugh.
>>
>>268749019
>I can't win
Good, go and cry Carlos
>>
File: 1398015412923.jpg (7KB, 230x219px) Image search: [Google]
1398015412923.jpg
7KB, 230x219px
how long until the WiiU I bought yesterday becomes obsolete?
>>
>>268748018
>Sega makes a comeback

They don't even have the money to attempt that
>>
>>268749163
2 more years.
>>
File: carfly.jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
carfly.jpg
10KB, 259x194px
>>268749153

I'm happy you have finally accepted it.
>>
>>268745783
4k resolution is retarded.
>>
>>268739309
why wouldn't they be? this isn't news.

if nintendo release the wii u's successor before 2018 though I will boycott them for life
>>
>>268748242
Going by Nintendo's naming history so far, it's going to have a codename something like Project Jaywalk, but end up being named New Wii U or worse, The Nintendo Yuu
>>
inb4 New Wii U
>>
>>268739480
it a gotta be dumber than just the Xbox 2, maybe it''ll be Xbox 10 because of their new Windows is but pronounced "two" because that's what it looks like in binary.
>>
I really
really
really
really
seriously
really
actually
really
really
really
hope Nintendo's next console has a decent name and a vibrant / interesting aethetic.

I'm so sick of white and gray everything
>>
>>268744142
>and general fps
When you put effort in games you can reach the 60 fps, like Platinum, Tecmo Koei and Retro.
>>
File: 1410391032837.jpg (38KB, 350x398px) Image search: [Google]
1410391032837.jpg
38KB, 350x398px
>>268750306
>The Nintendo Yuu
>>
>>268749163
2 to 6 years bro, you are fine. Why not play games for games, and not trade in or ditch old systems? It's still ok that you purchased that one with it's own set of games.
>>
>>268747632
>next nintendo console in 2017/8
>will be ahead of ps4/xbone in graphics by that time
>ps4/xbone won't be succeeded until 2023 because of idiotic goals like microsoft's "1 billion xbones sold"
>nintendo once again on top of the pile

feelsgood.jpg
>>
>>268748327
WiiNer
>>
I don't give a shit as long as Nintendo creates a system that isn't a step behind from the other consoles.
>>
>>268749318
I think they're doing better than ever.
>>
>>268749163
Hasn't even been a year since all current consoles have been out. Discontinued and obsolete could be 10-15 years, if the U still gets scraps of games into the 9th gen, like how the ps3 and 360 are still getting games now. If they release it within 5 years, I'll be mad.
>>
>>268750935
>more games
>a step behind
>>
>>268750648
Bring back the purple. GBA and Gamecube stood out so much at the time
>>
>>268749097
I don't care much, but I do get really sick of all the misinfo /v/ bandies about just to generally hate shit they don't even play. I'd rather be involved in actual game/company discussion than thinly veiled hate threads that serve no purpose but circle jerk laughing at each others bad jokes and shit.

Most recently I saw people bashing BL which is all well and good, but they chose a dumb topic. SJW hating is popular (and justified) so they made boring topic after boring topic about an early mission since some hadn't played/pirated yet and couldn't dispute it. The line sounds feminist, but the line right after it MOCKS said character's stupidity and desperation by telling him to just shut the fuck up. But no one would post the line after.

I prefer it when people hate on legit stupid things, then it's hilarious to me and I join in, sure.
>>
>>268739309
And sony is already making a PS5 and MS is making a Xb4ne

Its just how tech works, when something comes out, a sequel or improvement is devolved
>>
>>268750930
Wiidle
>>
>>268750306
They need to have Nintendo in the name. None of that shit like "Nintendo's Gamecube" or "Nintendo Wii"
They need something similar to "Super Nintendo" because as unique as Wii is, people are stupid and will not realize that the Wii is a nintendo product.
>>
>>268751087
Kinda agree anon, but you're pissing in an ocean of piss 2.0 on this board. It'll never be like it was in 06 again.
>>
>>268751173
The Nintendo Wii should have been named NintenDildoes
>>
File: baneporn.png (448KB, 692x519px) Image search: [Google]
baneporn.png
448KB, 692x519px
>>268751108
>Xb4ne
>>
File: gallery-shot_desktops_x51_10.jpg (31KB, 950x650px) Image search: [Google]
gallery-shot_desktops_x51_10.jpg
31KB, 950x650px
The console market won't last much longer.

Neither will the PC market.

This means a new breed of computing must emerge in order to adapt.

>Steam Machines (SteamOS)

It's the fusion of consoles and PCs which is beautiful, it'll be especially important when virtual reality rolls out next year. Consoles can only do so much with their hardware, and as the porn industry hops onboard of VR they'll require powerful machines to produce realistic female models.
Thread posts: 131
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.