[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Street Fighter III: Third Strike or Ultra Street Fighter IV? Why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

Street Fighter III: Third Strike
or
Ultra Street Fighter IV?

Why?
>>
3S

Looks better, plays better.
>>
>>268228424

I like both of them for different reasons
>>
>>268228606
OP here.

I"m interested, explain further.
>>
Ultra because I have no convenient means to play Third Strike and haven't ever played it
>>
File: gametap_thirdstrike3.jpg (91KB, 490x285px) Image search: [Google]
gametap_thirdstrike3.jpg
91KB, 490x285px
The only reason people shit on third strike is pic related

Aside from it, it's pretty much a solid 8/10 fighting game.
>>
>>268228424
blazblue
>>
>>268228663

Third stike is fast and parrying is fun as hell

Usf4 is slower and heavily focused on fundamentals, giving everybody more time to think about what's going on. You can't just parry away a fireball or a big slow attack and instantly retaliate, so it ends up being a very different game.

I haven't played nearly as much third strike as 4, but I have fun with both of them.
>>
>>268229159
Would you say SF IV is more of a "thinking man's game" than SF III?
>>
>>268228424

Why is Doctor Manhattan in Street Fighter?
>>
>>268228869
SFIII only falls apart at high-level play, ironically. chun and yun are too dominant, and once you gitgud at parrying a bunch of other things just become obsolete.

For mid-level play, it's fucking amazing. you aren't good enough to ruin the game with parries, and willing to play Dudley and Sean just because why the fuck not.

either way, it's got the best spritework in a fighting game, possibly best spritework of all time. yes, even better than metal slug, I'd say. and a bitching soundtrack.
>>
3rd strike is serious garbage for a street fighter game. It takes all the fundamentals that the series INVENTED and shits all over them.

>Footsies reduces to buffered supers and OS parries
>projectiles suck
>any normal that doesn't startup quick is trash
>entire character archetypes are invalidated due to this

However it does bring some cool things to the table. The parry giving you a fighting chance was awesome. Maybe if the parry was punishable it would be more productive to making 3s more competitive across the cast.

great fighting game. super fun to both play and watch. Trash street fighter game imo
>>
usf4

3s a shit
>muh parries
fuck off cunt only know about 3s from fucking daigo
>>
>>268228424
Only because I spent way too much time in arcades as a kid playing SF2 and 4 is extremely similar to it. Not that I dislike 3 by any stretch but 4 not only feels robust, it also gives me a nice nostalgic feel playing it.
>>
>>268230029
>thinks dudley and sean are in the same tier
>thinks dudley isn't just outside the top 3
post invalidated
>>
>>268230146
never said they were in the same tier. Just examples of fun characters that aren't Yun or Chun. I could have said Oro and Q and intended the same meaning.
>>
Is Juri good for beginners?
>>
File: sf3-alex[1].jpg (27KB, 249x278px) Image search: [Google]
sf3-alex[1].jpg
27KB, 249x278px
thirds strike
because pic related is the most resourceful and fun grappler to play in the history of fightans and the faggot only appears in 3 games,2 not even being SF but from the vs. series.
thanks capcom
>>
>>268228424

Sagat > Vega/Bison >>>>>> shit > Seth > Gill
>>
>>268228424
just about everyone I want to play in III is also in IV, plus other characters who aren't in III.

so I'll take IV.
>>
>>268228424
USF4/SSF4 > SF2ST > AE2012 > 3s

I got into SF2 late which is the only reason i don't rank it the highest. Just my opinion though so don't hit me please.
>>
>>268229159
>tfw Hugo
>tfw throwing out a st mp in footsies and someone focus dashes through and gets a full punish combo even if they have a 4 frame normal to start it.

Its like being fucking parried all over again.

>>268230797
I really like Alex and Abel.
>>
>>268230507
No you wouldn't have. Dudley is more than capable of fighting the top 3. In Japan 'some argue' that he should be included in the A tier
>>
>>268230029
Dudley is top 5 and viable though. Also Makoto and Yun are more dominate in japan then Chun because of OS parries since Makoto can kill off 1 hit basically and Yun can off 2. Also Yuns genei jin has several moves safe when parried.
>>
>>268231241
> I frequently do this very thing against most Hugo players
Sorry if I did it to you anon.
>>
File: HugeO.webm (3MB, 900x675px)
HugeO.webm
3MB, 900x675px
>not playing Ultra SF4 Remix
>>
>>268231508
>>268231367
can you tell I'm a mid-level shitter who enjoys the game without knowing who the toppest tiers are
>>
>>268230135
I think 3s is a solid game but it definitely has so many fucking dick huggers who only say its the best for dat faggot cred. Its amazing how many people in streams will jerk off when the Daigo parry is replayed its fucking painful at this point. We get it the game has a hype moment but ST had those by the fucking boat load to.
>>
>>268230797
>talking shit about TvC
>>
SF4 of course.
>>
>>268231727
Yes, its ok anon. Just as long as you acknowledge it and stick to your lane.
>>
>>268231717
I hope they steal this for Hugos Omega version.

>>268231549
Its okay anon you just force me to play footsies/neutral better. Then once i switch to a good character its like removing several hundred pounds. Also if someone does this i usually start whiffing jab randomly to cancel into spd if i see a focus forward. Also if its not a fast dash character i can just cancel into palm for a combo.

I never fucking play the Gouken Juri matchups though i'm not fucking doing that to myself i got other characters for that.
>>
>>268231717
>leaked omega mode footage
>>
Is I-no good for beginners?
>>
>>268232041
I'm very curious what some 3s characters are even going to get in the omega version. Maybe whiffing normals builds meter for them again? Since they aren't in that many games on average they might get some need new shit.

I predict Yun is gonna whiffing to build meter and his small as shit genei jin super bar with unscaled juggle damage.
>>
>>268232030
>>268232041
I pray to mary, joseph, and jesus that Omega is playable.

I hope they take each characters essence and push it to the extreme(like Remix) but instead it looks like "add goofy properties to this move for no actual reason"
>>
>>268232030
Smart move. I main Juri and have never even dropped a round to Hugo. Seems like its one of the worst matchups in the game.
>>
>>268232041
>>268232030
>omegamind
seriously though I want to see more stuff from other characters

like what the fuck will Adon get, cancel rising jaguar into aerial jaguar kick?

T.Hawk gets a literal gun?
>>
>>268229595
Now that's just a loaded question. Both games are pretty equal on being a "thinking man's game", but Third Strike has a much larger skill gap due to it not being nearly as lenient with execution and parrying. SF4 gets points for actually being balanced while having a bigass roster.
>>
>>268232304
According to everything they've added so far its mostly alpha/other game moves not in SF4. Guile has several chains from alpha. I hope Ryu gets ex donkey kick back i love that shit it was the only reason i played SFxT/3s
>>
>>268232405
Nah. He'll throw Tomahawks.
>>
>>268232405
>Gief gets a projectile which is a direct rip of Joes cyclone but painted red

Its destiny

>>268232367
Its possible Gouken is worse and i've beaten some solid Juris before. But i always lose more and honestly besides just not out playing them hard enough i don't see many ways to improve on the neutral. Gouken is just fucking bad though because his fireballs can hit Hugo crouching and in the back when he does dd mk. Also because of ex tatsu/forward throw one slip up and its back to full screen game.
>>
>>268232783
Actually with the way Gouken can knock an opponent back to the other side of the screen with such a wide range of moves, I can see this being even more difficult than against Juri.
>>
>>268232775
>Gets a flight mode
>>
>>268232967
Yeah overall Gouken is his worst. Honda and Vega are actually worse then Juri Vega can AA Hugo clean with st mk/st hk every time and just out poke his slow ass all game. Honda can do the same cus even nerfed light headbutt AAs Hugo all the time and his neutral murders him. Atleast with Juri Hugo can win if he gets close compared to those 3 but its still hard af to get there.

After that Sagat/Chun probably follow. Sagat is made infinitely less faggy cus dd mk works all the time and crouching beats his st fireball.
>>
They are both great fighters. 3s had a cooler style and played better. U4 is more functional and relevant. U4 is way more based on links than 3s. 3s was all about mastering parrying
>>
who urien or Q here
>>
>>268233334
So you just didn't play either game or what?
>>
>>268233363
Me. Both of those characters. They better be in 5. Though i will accept Dudley again.
>>
>>268233334
Wow that is such a shit description you can tell you didn't play either game past low level trash.

>>268233363
I played Ryu/Q in 3s Q is hate Q is pain.
>>
>>268228424

Neither. Not giving me any good choices, OP.
>>
>>268233520
>Q in 5

He will never see another game anon Balrog is much more popular and just a better Q without a standard command throw. They would see no need to bring him in. Hes the Bridget of SF only people who don't really play normally jack off to him. The few people who do play him aren't enough.
>>
>>268233412
I played both. Anyone who says 3s links are more difficult than 4 is retarded. And parrying in 3s was way harder to do than focusing in 4. Though the two aren't exactly comparable. Granted focusing was just meant to be the casuals replacement for the parry system.
>>
SF has such shit character design.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.