[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Is Skyward Sword really all that bad?
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 265
Thread images: 31
Is Skyward Sword really all that bad?
>>
>>266285550
It made all the action a lot easier and dumbed down every puzzle into mouth-breathing territory to appeal to a wider audience
If you actually have any idea what you're doing you will spend most of your time listening to NPCs tell you things you already know
>>
Why is Link shitting in the middle of a meadow?
>>
>>266286064

Where else could he go?
>>
>>266286342
The edge of a meadow.
>>
>>266285550
Is anything this board shits on really all that bad?
>>
>>266285550
Not THAT bad. It just simplified some things like the overworlds and occasionally the puzzles. And while I feel it was the best possible execution from Nintendo of integrating motion controls into a game more substantial than a party game, at the end of the day, the slight imprecision in Wiimote swings specifically made me just wish they would've designed it around a dual analog controller.
>>
It had a lot of potential, and it did some things right, but it had some major shortcomings as a whole
>>
>Zelda cycle meme
>>
It's even worse than I feared.
>>
>>266285550
I adore this game. I know I'm in the minority, but I think Zelda games have been getting better with time. SS and ALBW are some of my favorite Zelda games. It's certainly flawed, but I enjoy the game so much I don't really mind.
>>
>>266286998
Have you played the older Zelda games people compare the newer ones to?
>>
I need Fi ass
>>
It's not good. Like having to go back into the first dungeon was bullshit. Sandsea was great but the dungeon was too fucking easy, and the boss made me cringe so hard I've yet to play anything after it.

This game makes TP's pacing good
>>
>>266285723
Are you honestly saying they tried to make more casual? Christ
>>
File: twilightprincess.png (325 KB, 293x411) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
twilightprincess.png
325 KB, 293x411
>>266285550
This game was way more disappointing. At least with SS, you were expecting it to be a bit shitty.
>>
>>266286998
I agree and
>>266287570 yes, all except the cdi games, majora's mask, and the first two
>>
What it does right it does really right.
On the other hand, what it does wrong it does REALLY wrong.
There's a reason it's so polarizing.
>>
>>266285550
It's a fantastic game.
>>
Skyward Sword has fucking great dungeon design. In most other respects, it's alright. The controls are a neat concept but are usually not the most fun to use, the music's alright, the story's alright, Fi is annoying. The bosses are for the most part pretty fun.

It's definitely not a bad game.
>>
>>266287896
I am
Something like the Majora's Mask Great Bay temple would never fly in a modern Zelda, it was way too complicated and they'd have to pause the game every three seconds to make sure the play understood everything
>>
>>266287896
SS probably has the most handholding of any big name game ever.
Not an exaggeration.
>>
>>266286920
Well it's 100% true.
>>
>>266288076

>dungeon design

The dungeons look fantastic but require no thought. Could've been great, but they're too short and too easy
>>
everything was awesome except the controls were kinda bleh.
>>
>>266288175
they would if Fi didn't give you the answer to everything.
I'm still mad about the Lanayru mines.
>>
I liked It a lot. Fi was a huge disappointment, I was expecting something better after we got Midna in TP.

The game just felt comfy to me. The artstyle or something just let me relax. Not to mention It has one of the best side characters In the entire series. Zelda was also a qt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At52XGlZ_3Y
>>
>>266285550
It's worse.
>>
>>266287570
>>266287987
I've played all the Zelda games. Spirit Tracks is the only one I've never beaten. I would proabably say Oracle of Seasons, WWHD, and ALttP are my other favorites.
>>
As good of a game as ALBW was, I prefer Skyward Sword to it. I personally love SS though, while ALBW felt like it took too many steps back.
>>
>>266288143
It's seriously not that bad. I've seen people play it and struggle at parts.
>>
>>266285550
It made some great changes which were completely overshadowed by a dull overworld and constant handholding. Also, The Imprisoned is one of the worst boss fights in the series and you have to do that shit like three times.
>>
>>266288476
LBW was fun while it lasted, which was barely any time at all

it had some neat concepts but jesus fuck was it easy, simplistically designed, and short
>>
>>266288587
>I've seen people play it and struggle at parts.
How? The game's linear already and Fi gives you the answer to literally every puzzle in the game.
>>
To me, it 's the least memorable Zelda game. It was ok but I wasn't very satisfied with it. I also didn't like how it looks
>>
File: Lincoln Snake.jpg (189 KB, 870x591) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Lincoln Snake.jpg
189 KB, 870x591
I really can't stand Skyward Sword. The game has its moments. Fighting the Imprisoned was cool, I really liked how animate the actions are for things like sprinting and wall climbing, and the concepts that go into the upgrades and equipment management honestly excite me for their future prospects in the series. But it also has far too many counterintuative elements and too much padding for me to forgive it. For god's sake it has a two hour tutorial.

The sky is so goddamn barren and awkward since you basically only want to go from Skyloft's main hub to one of the designated cloud dropoff points. But instead of working like every other sky island; taking off from the mainland isn't fluid and transitions with a loading screen. It is completely fucking obnoxious to trigger the transition only by moving at a preset speed off a preset skydock instead of just being able to call your loftwing anywhere. As a direct result of that any meaningful town experience; nearly every subquest is marred with incoherence. Other Zeldas have elements I dislike. None of them are an inescapable part of the game's formatting like that though.

Also I know this is a dead horse; but whatever jackhole thought the harp was a good idea deserves vitriol splashed in their face. It is the absolute worst instrument in the series, and I never thought I'd say that again after ST's pipes.
>>
>>266288301
Spirit Tracks Is pretty fun.

Has the best Zelda in the series hands down.
>>
>>266287745

she's a sword
>>
>>266288672
The idea of getting all of the items and picking the dungeon you want is nice, but the game is really just as linear (not an issue by the way) as the other games. The fact you can just buy every weapon by the time they give you the option makes it seem like a wasted opportunity too.
>>
i liked the art style and character designs, i liked the music, but it just can't overcome the reused temples and wii mote controls.
the only game in which i actually liked the wii mote was Sin and Punishment SS
>>
File: Link&Midna2.jpg (194 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Link&Midna2.jpg
194 KB, 1152x648
>>266285550
>split into levels that offered very little, and to add insult to injury, you re-visited them later.
>as far as motion control goes, it's decent. However the title suffered because of this pandering and any depth to combat was removed in favour of "waggle2win"
>Demise and his Monsters Inc. form
>Monsters Inc in general bosses
>completely forgettable soundtrack
>very little to do
>terrible plot, even for a Zelda title
>Fi
>extremely easy, not meant for adults
>hit and miss graphics, environments were nice but character models were a joke

If this was a spin-off title like Minish Cap or Spirit tracks, people would like it more but it's a mainline Zelda title and it was too half-assed to be considered one. Had some decent moments but that's no excuse for the tidal wave of shit that's between each one.
>>
Truthfully for me it was just the motion controls. I cannot stand motion controls, so the fact that I HAVE to play it with them kills a lot of it for me. Also I have a toaster so emulation is not an option

Other than that the only issue I had for the brief time I played was Fi telling me what shit I picked up was every time I turned off the game and then came back to it later.
>>
/v/'s the only place I've seen that's railed so hard against the motion controls. Are you so overweight that you can't move your arms?
>>
>>266289015
>posts a Twilight Princess picture
>it has most of the issues you listed, but worse

It's sad when Ghirahim is the first boss of Skyward Sword and he's harder than Ganondorf in Twilight Princess
>>
>>266289148
and yet Twilight Princess is more memorable. Even had fishing. SS had... birds?
>>
>>266289406
Oh god, the insect catching in SS.
>>
>>266289137
Right? Personally I loved the motion control, it felt like one of the definitive games of last gen. Like it was finally something older consoles couldn't do. After SS I tried playing MM and and attack button was just frustrating, especially trying to attack enemies in the air.
>>
>>266289015

Why did you post a picture from TP when TP has a lot of those issues?
>>
>>266289406
Do you know why it's more memorable? Mixed with the disappointment of it, it was hyped beyond all belief. The return of a "realistic" art style, constant delays, etc...Oh, not to mention, it was a Wii Launch title.
>>
>>266285550

Is link pop'n a squat?
>>
>>266287947
i hated TP so much and forced myself to finish it. But i couldn't do it with SS. But i would say i enjoyed SS more . All i remember was it had great dungeons. But i honestly could not enjoy any other zelda game past WW
>>
>>266289406
>TP
>memorable

Pick one. And no, 8.8 doesn't count.
>>
>>266289706
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE2Dc1sx71U
>>
>>266285550
no, but it isn't that good either. People expect greatness from the zelda series and skyward sword was merely good.

skyward sword is a game where the player is constantly engaged with something. this sounds good in theory but it winds of being tedious and exhausting. every enemy and every puzzle incorporates some pointless motion control gimmick. there is never any down time for the player. the only place to "relax" in the game is the worthless skyloft. any other area is filled with enemies that need to be struck in a certain way or one of the endlessly repeated block or swinging based puzzles. on top f that, the save statues force you to continue playing long after you have grown tired of the game.

the end result is a game where the player is constantly "on" for hours at a time. rather than being an enjoyable escape, the game becomes a chore and it is absolutely exhausting to get through the whole thing.
>>
>>266289716

No, he's clearly letting his asshole get some air.
>>
>>266289148
Oh please. Ghirahim is only "hard" because you have significantly less health when you fight him.
Not to mention TP barely even has any of those issues, aside from the general modern Zelda difficulty problem.
>>
File: Link&Midna.jpg (37 KB, 620x350) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Link&Midna.jpg
37 KB, 620x350
>>266289503
TP had issues sure but it had a lot more charm than SS, more attention went into it's dungeons, enviroments, art direction, soundtrack, and characters. Sure it's not perfect but it was a damn sight more Zelda than SS which felt like an unofficial side story to Kingdom Hearts.

>>266289706
>he didn't play the gamecube version

You only have yourself to blame

>>266289813
I said more memorable than SS, which to be fair isn't a challenge.

Also gotta love this deflection, post a TP picture and it's a free pass to avoid all the issues brought up. SSfags everyone.
>>
File: 1409614070700.png (490 KB, 1280x709) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1409614070700.png
490 KB, 1280x709
>>266289932
>You will never be as happy as Miyamoto is in that moment
>>
honestly the game was great if you completely removed motion controls and the stupid fucking stamina gauge
>>
>>266290043
>too easy
>nothing to do
>shit music
>terrible plot
>hit and miss graphics

Sounds like Twilight Princess.
>>
>>266289706
And here I thought Twilight Princess was memorable because of its dungeon design, partner character, and atmosphere.
I don't recall being disappointed at all.
>>
>>266286436
SHITTING
ON THE EDGE
>>
>>266290246
>the stupid fucking stamina gauge
The sprint is nice.
>>
File: Midna_Youtube.png (214 KB, 300x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Midna_Youtube.png
214 KB, 300x300
Fi is a shitty waifu
>>
>>266285723
>action a lot easier

Maybe if the wiimote wasn't such a piece of shit. Trying to fight Lizalfos was a nightmare for me.
>>
>>266290313

You were just experiencing artificial satisfaction.
>>
>>266289716
Yes, and Fi is standing watch
>>
>>266285550
i really like it, but i played on a wii and i need a sensor bar for my pc, i absolutly want to play this game at 1080p dolphin magic, but i cant at the moment, help anons T_T[spoiler/]
Its utter shit
>>
>>266288171
no, it's 100% a fallacy
>>
File: devito_twirl.gif (493 KB, 256x192) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
devito_twirl.gif
493 KB, 256x192
>>266289995
he's letting his ass breathe
>>
>>266290298
Alright lets do it your way, if that sounds like TP then SS is even worse than we first thought. The issues were there but instead of fixing them, they just slapped on a new coat of paint and called it a day making it by far, the laziest LoZ to date.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention anon.
>>
>>266290348

That's what I thought of, too.

I need to stop coming here.
>>
>>266290298
>"nothing to do"
>fishing
>bug collecting
>poe hunting
>Cucco gliding
>lantern caverns
>usual Zelda heart pieces and optional items/moves to learn

>shit music
>terrible plot
Nice opinions.

I'll give you difficulty, and graphics only because of all of the Gamecube-tier textures they left in. But even then, SS was significantly worse with all of those issues.
>>
>>266285550
No, its pretty good actually. It just has a really stupid long intro. After the first five hours, it gets going.
>>
File: 1409606333135.jpg (952 KB, 720x1500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1409606333135.jpg
952 KB, 720x1500
>>266285550
It's not an abomination on the levels of Sonic 06, but it was worse when you compare it to other Zeldas or similar titles like Okami.

The recycled areas without adding new and interesting things each time you visisted, forced motion controls for things that never required them like using the bird, swimming and other things.

The sky was pointless since it had almost nothing to offer, and the exploration felt non existent, then there are things like the overwhelming amount of tutorials and Fi being a wasted character. And the enemy design was lackluster and the game overused the same enemy over and over again.

There are good and memorable things, for starters, a water temple that is actually good and imaginative, the dungeons had a lot of interesting things, and adding new items was actually great.

Lanayru is the best area in the game and one of the best in any Zelda. The bosses could have been a great thing if they weren't so easy, Demise went down after three hits, a letdown since that fight has an amazing build up.

The combat could have been the best thing ever if the enemies had a wider variety of attacks and defense techniques. Overall SS felt like it had a ton of wasted potential, and for me, like it was made by three separate devs, especially when you consider how superior is Lanayru to the rest of the game
>>
I like Skyward Sword a lot. The controls and swordplay were really fun, item upgrading and pouch customization were interesting, and it had some really great dungeon design. Plus, I like the move from the open overworld to a more condensed, dungeon-lite overworld.

The game has its problems, but I would say the good handily outweighs the bad. /v/ just doesn't like it because its the newest Zelda.
>>
>>266285550
Most Zelda games are more or less the same

I don't understand why they elicit such passionate opinions from people
>>
>>266290520

How loyal.
>>
>>266288806
And some puzzles are really that, puzzles, i actually use my head with this game in some parts
>>
>>266290880

Just wait for Zelda Wii U and /v/ will praise Skyward Sword.
>>
>>266290831
>bug collecting and poe hunting become useless because you don't ever need to buy anything
>Cuccoo gliding is just for a single heart piece
>caves are just for more rupees

You should have brought up the ball game, because that was a time waster.
>>
>>266290882
>LBW
>above TP and SS

I enjoy it but lets not fucking pretend here. It's graphics are shit tier, it's way, way too easy, and extremely short. Whoever made that image lives for /v/ and nothing else, probably reads up on meme's for breakfast.
>>
>>266285550
No. Skyward Sword does have legitimate issues, we don't have to go over those, it's like preaching to the choir but a lot of the other detractors fall into two broad camps.

Half of it seems to be that it's not what they want Zelda to be. Most egregiously, the critical focus on the sky and land designs, ignoring that the empty feel of the sky, contrasted with the denseness of the surface was what they were going for, and which they executed quite well. It's like criticizing Doom for not being as realistic as ARMA.

The other half is that /v/ can only work in hyperbole.
>>
>>266290997
>Zelda Cycle

Holy fuck I cannot wait for this meme to die. All we need is for a new Zelda to actually be better than the one before it, so as long as Zelda U is not actually shit, the cycle's on its way out.
>>
>>266291427
It will never die because the zelda fanbase is pure retardation.
>>
>>266291167
>it's way, way too easy
every zelda game has been braindead easy since LttP. its not really worthwhile distinction to make at this point

LBW manages to be competent, without falling into the same pacing pitfalls as SS or TP.
>>
>>266291541
Yes, it falls into different ones. Still a good game, but for every step forward, it takes a few back.
>>
>>266291336
Nah, they could have added more things into the sky, more little caves to explore, little dungeons and things like more buildings could have added a sense of life into the sky.

Then you are forgetting all of this >>266290870.

I liked SS, it isn't as good as other Zeldas, but is still a good game, the downside for me is that I never felt like I was going into a grand adventure
>>
>>266291541
I agree that it's a step in the right direction but why are you dodging the easy issue? it's easy even for a Zelda title. It requires no effort at all to complete.
>>
>>266291054
>"you don't ever need to buy anything"
>not making sure your wallet is constantly full so you can wear the swanky magic armor at all times.
>for that matter, not doing all sidequests just for their own sake because you're a hero
>>
>>266291541
>every zelda game has been braindead easy since LttP.

The Oracle games could get tough. And Majora's Mask was kind of hard if you fucked around too much.
>>
>>266291541
You have to be kidding, ALTTP is easy, not a cake walk, bot not hard either. OoT, the oracle games, LA and MM had some decent things to do. They weren't hard but not piss easy
>>
>>266290882
I think they're very different from each other.
Every one of them has a different atmosphere and art style. There are often different modes of transport and there are many different approaches to what you have to do in the overworld to gain access to new dungeons.
The dungeons are actually the only element that that stays pretty much the same, even if their contents are similiar only in the broadest sense. I still think that's where the talk about "Zelda formula" comes from.

I can't think of many series that change so much during their course, but stay consistently so good.
Even Skyward Sword is great
>>
>>266291427
It kind of makes sense, just not for the "hurr, everybody keeps changing their opinion" reasons these faggots assume

You favorite Zelda game is the one you played when you were 12, and the most disappointing Zelda game was the one you played as a cynical, miserable teenager.
Every year a new crop of faggots joins /v/ and an old one leaves. Obviously demographics are going to shift
>>
>>266291969
I would say that Ys manages to do that, but then I remember Wanderers of Ys, Ys V, and Ys Online.

Still most of that series is really good and has a complete change of gameplay every three games or so
>>
>>266290520
>Fi is watching

with her back turned? Does she have eyes shoved up her ass?
>>
put it this way

>20 hour epic
>most of the journey consists of an arbitrary relationship with puzzles
>the puzzles increase in continuity and complexity but are bracketed by sidequests like shields and new items
>forced to commit to this style of play, you shit your pants waiting for the plot to take off
>and when it does you are left with 4 hours of game

well that didn't need a lot of greentext, but boy I did place a lot
>>
File: 1345919804898.jpg (11 KB, 335x331) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1345919804898.jpg
11 KB, 335x331
>>266292172
>standing watch
>the same as watching

One is keeping a look out for other people, the other is looking at someone taking a shit.
>>
File: dong kong.jpg (118 KB, 523x587) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dong kong.jpg
118 KB, 523x587
>>266291969
Most of the changes to Zelda are pretty superficial. Wolf mode was basically just another situational item in TP, and 1:1 swordplayed never progressed past the Simon Says-style combat in ST

Donkey Kong, now there's a series that mixes it up and maintains a nigh-constant 10/10 quality.
It probably helps that radically different teams are allowed to work on it, instead of HERP DERP ALL OF OUR IDEAS ARE SOLID GOLD Zelda Team
>>
WW > OOT > TP >>>>>>>>>> SS > MM
>>
It actually is. If I were to honestly give it a score, I would give it a 4.0 out of 10.

It is that bad. It is so bad I can't believe it was made. It is so bad I can't believe Nintendo made it. It is so bad I am surprised they actually let it ship with the Zelda name attached to it.
>>
>>266292531
why was it so bad
>>
>>266292437
Donkey Kong 64 is still a shitty game.
>>
>>266292437
DK64 was bad. But DKCR was fucking amazing, I still have to plat TF
>>
>>266292591
Mainly because the progressive design that they had for the game, counter to the town centric design, was so shittily executed that the whole game falls apart, instead of just the main quest.
>>
I had fun with it. The fights were great. The puzzles weren't all thar tough, but fights became puzzles too.
>>
>>266292679
The fuck did you say?
>>
It has my favorite artstyle second only to Wind Waker, and some of the coolest characters like Fi, Ghirahim and Groose.
Problem is, the game is a culmination of all Zelda tropes I've been sick of for ages.
It's WAY too linear. There's barely anything to explore. And the combat is really dumbed down.

Also wagglan, which while not being that bad, is quite annoying.

So overall, it's a damn shame, because the game had a cool universe, story, characters and artstyle. But it's first and foremost a game, and it seems the devs kinda dropped the ball on that regard.
>>
>>266292591
>enemy variety for the whole game is less than just the Child Link segment of OoT
>endless tutorials
>endless cutscenes
>endless unskippable dialogue
>story is the LEAST INTERESTING in a Zelda game yet, yet it takes up an unskippable 7 hours of the game
>no fucking overworld
>some motion controls work well, others suck
>collectathon bullshit may be worse than ever
>Fi is the worst helper character ever and constantly interrupts the game and insults your intelligence
>only 3 areas, not even connected
>only one area is any good
>reusing bosses
>reusing shitty bosses at that
>music is bland and forgettable and a huge step down from usual Zelda quality
>can't do anything at night
>NPCs suck
>>
It made me realize I really, really don't like Zelda games anymore. So probably
>>
>>266292896
>the collecting goes overboard
>the artstyle is drab
>music is shit
>every Kong not DK, Diddy, or Cranky looks awful

>But muh memes

DK64 was responsible for 3D Platformers kicking the bucket.
>>
>>266292929
have you considered that you only enjoyed Zelda games as a child
because Zelda games are intended for children?
>>
>>266285550
It's a fun platformer game, but a mediocre Zelda game.

Just treat it like a Mario with sword, and glorious dere dere Zelda.
>>
>>266293098
It's not so much that I hate Zelda now, it's more like I feel like a lost pussy/puppy without something to be a fan of.

It's weird when your favorite series fails harder than what you're used to.
>>
>>266293157
But I enjoyed WW and sort of enjoyed TP despite their many, many flaws.

SS though was just all around poor. There were still things that made playing WW and TP worthwhile despite all the things they did wrong. There is nothing in SS worth anything other than Lanaryu Desert.

Lanaryu Desert is so much better than the rest of the game that I honestly believe they spent most of the budget and dev time on it.
>>
>>266293378
>But I enjoyed WW and sort of enjoyed TP despite their many, many flaws.
2006 was 8 years ago
2003 was 13 years
>>
Fapfics when
>>
>>266285550
the dungeons were really unmemorable - except one which was great and there was those two same shitty boss fight three times

that Chinese esque Buddhist legend themed temple was awesome with an interesting boss fight too

on the plus side the collecting of stuff in that vague twilight world actually felt intense due to being chased by guardians unlike tp

it went all the way with gimmicky bullshit in the place of actual puzzles

regardless of what they were working towards, the sky over world really does not work

fi is the most annoying companion yet

so id give it an arbitrary rating of 6/10
>>
bomb bowling Bomb Bowling BOMB BOWLING

Actually I thought it was a good and sensible alternative to trying to throw the fucking things. But everyone knows that video is a trainwreck of stupid opinions.
>>
>>266293114
>Coins, bananas, Golden Bananas
Overboard how?
N64 artstyle, just because it doesn't have Jap Milfs, doesn't mean it's shit.
Music was great.
DK was just as untextured as Lanky, who wore overalls.

Fuck you and your memes, you're a terrible person to focus on the new day memes.
>>
test
>>
>>266293563
I don't even think Eograptor has a clue about Zelda.

I think he knows a lot about Zelda and CV and Megaman as games, but as for Zelda being a gameplay title, I think he fails to see what Z-targeting did for the 3D era.
>>
>>266293535
But I don't really have goggles for those games, I'd give each of them a 6 out of 10. You wouldn't even catch me saying they're good games, just mediocre ones.

Their flaws are much less than SS's, and their positives are much more than SS's. I would know, I replayed all the 3D Zelda games and many of the 2D ones last year.
>>
File: 1320901517832.jpg (13 KB, 320x320) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1320901517832.jpg
13 KB, 320x320
I loved Skyward Sword. Some people complain about lots of stuff and call it a "bad zelda" but the formula of the games is different enough each game it doesn't matter if it's zelda enough.
The controls are really good for the most part, even it they have a very slight delay but it was never a problem considering the design of the game took it into consideration and made enemies slow enough. I had a blast with the wiimote like never before. Considering getting Red Steel 2 just to play another game with a 1:1 sword.
For all its linearity it was full of content and focused on keeping you busy. For all the backtracking there was always something new and fun to do so backtracking shouldn't be a complain except that one time the water dragon sends you to the first dungeon, but I didn't mind because it was fun to see new stuff in a familiar area.
For all the complains about Fi, she NEVER told you how to beat enemies or solve puzzles, it was always exposition about story or the place you were, and she was a good logbook if you stopped the game for whatever reason.
Hunting materials to improve your weapons was also pretty fun, and changing your weapon without pausing the game gave it challenge.

Damn, I just love Skyward Sword a lot. I had such a blast.
>>
>>266293627
>ok so get these bananas for this kong
>wait, do it FOUR MORE TIMES
>you have one coin now, you need so many more
>COLLECT THESE FRUIT
>now play these shitty minigames to get more collectables
>>
>>266293716
Do to OoT's hate-dom, there is a group of people who believe Z-targeting was nothing but a lazy excuse they came up with because they couldn't do the combat right.

There are people that retarded.
>>
I want a difficulty selection in Zelda U that makes enemy AI smarter than the default and makes the puzzles more challenging.
>>
>>266286721
If it's popular and __fun__, yes.
>>
>>266293114
>namefag has shitty opinions
what else is new

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUohY7IwckA#t=38
>>
>>266293837
You didn't like that Jetpack game? And who doesn't like classic Donkey Kong?
>>
>>266293881
He talks about Z-targeting referencing the dimensions of it, but what it actually did was make a lot of the experience much more cinematic with just the push of a fucking button.

Which is ingenious considering all the fucking effort games go through nowadays to seem like movies.
>>
>>266293881
Nah, I don't think anyone could be that stupid, they are just trolls, like the people who says that Sonic 06 and Shadow the Hedgehog were good games
>>
>>266293934
You won't be getting that, at best the enemies will be harder in Hero mode.
I hope Hero mode can be selected from the beginning.
>>
>>266293953
Didn't realize that Mad Jack had a psychotic laugh in the track.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bouTIxPSmLo
>>
SS was alright. Motion controls were a hit and miss with the audience, but I didn't really have too many problems with them. Stabbing is definitely bullshit, though.

The sidequests had no depth, they were all just fetch quests. Skyloft was a cool town, but it doesn't make up for how utterly barren the rest of the sky was. The surface areas are crammed with shit to find, but traveling between different areas is a pain in the ass.

The dungeons were also hit and miss. On one hand, you had great dungeons like the Sand Ship and the Ancient Cistern. On the other hand, you had the forgettable as fuck Skyview Temple and two goddamn fire dungeons. Same goes for the soundtrack. Some of the songs like Groose's theme were great, but the majority of the soundtrack was pretty forgettable.

And then there's fucking Fi. She is the embodiment of SS's biggest flaw, but that horse has already been beaten to death.
>>
I liked Skyward Sword overall. There were a lot of really shitty parts (the sky being an empty waste of time, the tedious filler sections like dowsing and tadtones, the fucking Imprisoned) but there was also a lot of cool stuff, and overall it was a really good time in my opinion. It's not the best Zelda game around, but I definitely don't think it's a bad game.
>>
>>266294042
Both games are no different than Sonic Adventure games, except for 06 because it was glitchy as fuck
>>
>>266292853
I thought Returns was good, but TF blows it out of the water.
Play it as soon as you can.
To me, it's one of the best games ever.
>>
>>266293557
>the dungeons were really unmemorable
I liked the Pirate Ship
and the Time Mine
and the Buddhist Temple
and the sliding puzzle Sky Temple
>>
haha do you think Link gets embarrassed when he poops in front of Fi haha
>>
At least the soundtrack was good
>>
>Is Zelda Wii U really all that bad?
I mean, it wasn't as good as SS, but it was a lot better than TP, god that game sucked.

2020
>Is Zelda Wii U2 really all that bad?
I mean, it wasn't as good as Wii U, but at least it wasn't shit like SS. I wish we got another realistic game like TP again.
>>
>>266294393
no it wasn't

It lacked soul and was completely unmemorable
>>
>>266294521
Bullshit
Also "lacked soul" is a shit argument
>>
>>266294413
everybody is a hypocrite but you
>>
File: 1411358687081.png (442 KB, 700x990) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1411358687081.png
442 KB, 700x990
SS was a weird blend of ideas I really liked and ideas that felt poorly executed. I enjoyed it overall, but it definitely could have been better.
>>
I'll be honest. The only Zelda that I don't want to replay is WW.
Sailing was such a bore.
>>
>>266294413
The fuck are you saying?
Nobody says SS is better than TP.
That cycle is a delusion.
>>
>>266294589
It just didn't have that Zelda magic, you know what I mean?
>>
>>266294413
>everyone is one person who constantly changes their opinion
Yes this is definitely how the world works. It couldn't possibly be
>the internet consists of many different people with many different opinions

There is no cycle, you dense fuck.
>>
File: 1362206134555.png (370 KB, 700x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1362206134555.png
370 KB, 700x600
>>266285550

No, it was actually a really great game.

But anything seems bad when you nitpick it to hell and back.

But what SS did well, it did REALLY well.

Not many Zelda games have made me choke up, either. The only other one that did was some of the side content in MM.

Song related. Some of the cutscenes in the 2nd half of the game were really touching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0np8WU2Znw
>>
File: angora12.jpg (23 KB, 417x317) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
angora12.jpg
23 KB, 417x317
>>266294731
SS and TP both suffered from more or less the same pacing flaws

The only real difference was that SS had competent story-telling and the sound production wasn't so abysmally bad.
>>
>>266290835
Hey, Spirit Tracks was pretty good. I mean the stuck on the train part is pretty bad but the rest was amazing. Also best Zelda
>>
>>266294904
>But anything seems bad when you nitpick it to hell and back.

OoT doesn't. I've tried. I did a whole playthrough where I tried to nitpick it for all the minor annoyances and the game was still nearly perfect.
>>
>>266294924
It bothers me an incredible amount how opposed to orchestrated music Koji Kondo is.
>>
>>266294734
No.
Because it's a bullshit argument
>>
>>266294924
>SS had competent storytelling
>shoving a proactive, knight-in-training Zelda into the regular STUCK IN CRYSTAL LOL plot device role
Not even any agenda here, this is just shit writing
>>
>>266294650
Zelda games need to absolutely positively avoid romance plots in the future. I mean jesus a random lovestory generator would puke out something more coherent.
>>
>>266295008

You're no Egoraptor.
>>
>>266294924
>SS had competent story-telling and the sound production wasn't so abysmally bad.

Wut. The plot of SS was a joke, at least TP had some depth to it.
>>
>>266295050
Kondo barely had anything to do with TP or SS

The main composer for TP was the Animal Crossing guy, the main composer for SS was the Mario Galaxy guy
>>
File: 1411699416689.jpg (190 KB, 900x900) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1411699416689.jpg
190 KB, 900x900
>>266295183
I liked the romance in SS
>>
>People saying TP was good
>Universally disliked and literally no ones favorite 3D Zelda until Skyward Sword came out
Zelda cycle is real.

Also you fucks don't know shit about handholding until you played Enchanted Arms or FFXIII. I mean one was literally on rails and the other was alright for the most part except where everything was done with one button but they still gave you a tutorial for EVERY SINGLE THING.

Also Skyward Sword actually utilized its motion controls into the combat well if you were an uncoordinated fuck like 70% of all gamers nowadays. I can imagine that the only people who had trouble with it still hit buttons on accident or didn't keep the wiimote centered when they weren't slashing. As for the puzzles, the puzzles in zelda have never been complicated, I don't see how you could even notice they made them easier since it's always block sliding shit or "use the item you just got to progress." I can understand the other complaints at least.
>>
File: 1401248107314.jpg (989 KB, 3200x2750) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1401248107314.jpg
989 KB, 3200x2750
>>266295008

Many people would argue that OOT is an exception in that regard.

There's a reason almost everyone speaks so highly of it.
>>
>>266294265
I fucking hate the Sky Temple for not having a boss and being essentially half a temple. The concept was great but god fucking damn really?
>>
>>266295287
Kondo almost managed to get Super Mario Galaxy to not have orchrestrated music, despite the fact he wasn't the lead composer.
>>
>>266295165
it wasn't a particular creative story

but TP's story-telling bordered on schizophrenic. It honestly felt like they were making it up as they went
>>
>>266295324
>Zelda cycle is real.
so why hasn't it affected you?
>>
first zelda I could not finish out of clear disappointment and boredom

Game felt so generic and uninspired and felt like they just took the generic as shit Zelda formula and just slapped it in your face and called it a fucking day.
>>
>>266285550
>OoT general
>>
File: SS Zelda hips.jpg (149 KB, 850x1201) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
SS Zelda hips.jpg
149 KB, 850x1201
>>266295183
>>266295292
Link's already sniffing Zelda's clothes in front of her at the start of the game. That arc is over; they were fucking before the game started.
>>
>>266295329
Le water temple was hard maymay XD
>>
Simon says..... RIGHT DIAGONAL SLASH

Oh not fast enough, kid
>>
>>266285550
no. it's okay.
it has a lot of ideas, and some are cool, but most seem frivolous in retrospect.
it's fresh at best and okay at worst.
>>
File: 1378938906308.jpg (107 KB, 500x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1378938906308.jpg
107 KB, 500x500
It's worse.
>>
>>266295778
Of all the complaints people have against it, I'll never understand the controls hate. Do you spergs don't have any motor coordination?
>>
>>266295716
But that's part of the point. Link's love is exploited for a good cause by the good guys, which is a very different take on how romance is used in a game like this.
>>
>>266285550
Yes it was fucking bad.
>>
>>266290298

Twilight princess is NONE of those fucking things.

Not even too easy, just easy.
>>
>>266295008
You can go watch Egoraptor video about OoT. It's the perfect example of someone nitpicking for the sake of it in.
>Opening chest take too long
>The music opening the chest ruins the experience
>Z-Targeting breaks the continuity of exploration and is bad game design
Most of OoT faults comes from the tech limits of the era and if anything everyone can agree is that the game is designed for you to go on the temples on a specific order.
>>
>>266295324
>you're not allowed to like a game, you must live for the cycle

I've always liked TP, when people were complaining i was playing it on gamecube. Fuck your cycle. SS is bad because it's bad.
>>
Zelda has been easy as fuck and handholdy since OoT. Skyward Sword was just more of the same, you fags just got older and realized that they are just that, nice clean good action adventure games. And without some crazy ass hook which none of them have, those games all get boring after about 25 hours.

In fact I would argue that the only 3D Zelda that hasn't been outwardly linear was Majoras Mask, and that's almost solely because of it's pacing and mask collecting, and nothing else.
>>
Is he really taking a shit? Because I can see it.
>>
>>266285550
i want to fuck link
>>
>>266296338
>>Z-Targeting breaks the continuity of exploration and is bad game design
Holy shit, how retarded is he?
>>
Literally every aspect of the game sucks except the art style

Motion controls don't work properly, completely breaking any flow the combat could have had
Hand holding is obnoxious as shit
Fi
Story is terribly written and extremely slowly paced
Flying mechanic sucks because you have to tilt your wrist downwards for extended periods of time which is horribly uncomfortable
Sky Hub thing has fuck all to do in it
Dungeon design is linear, puzzles could be solved by a monkey
B A C K T R A C K I N G
Generic orchestrated OST saps any energy from every scene
pre-dungeon areas are fucking annoying with the retarded dousing mechanic being re-used every time

Worst 3d Zelda by a mile, didn't even finish this trash
>>
Skyward Sword is shit. It could be better with normal controls.
>>
File: 1360795269580.gif (74 KB, 278x340) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1360795269580.gif
74 KB, 278x340
I just sincerely wish that motion controls weren't a MUST for this game.
I could've been the only one having such difficulties, but you can't give me a single reason why they didn't add a different option besides motion controls.
>anyone who can't move their dominant arm can't play the game suddenly
RIP broken arms

Actually that's goddamn hilarious, I never really thought about it, but yeah some people would be unable to even play the game because of this choice.
>>
>>266296214
>Not even too easy, just easy.
anon, look at what you're doing
look at the argument you're trying to make

Its time to let it go. There are people who don't enjoy your favorite Zelda game
>>
>>266296367
>Zelda has been easy as fuck and handholdy since OoT
You mean ALttP which OoT followed by the rule, the originals only seem difficult because they were abstract as fuck and there was no Internet then to go look for solutions.
>>
>>266296214
Twilight Princess is an ugly, messy, heartless fan service game that never should have been made. Since day 1. And I beat that game like 3 times. I still think this.
>>
>>266290870
>The recycled areas without adding new and interesting things each time you visisted
whoa hey, there was the sandsea which was bitchin.
The other two areas were shit though. Especially the fact that both fire dungeons felt so damn similar.
>>
>>266296536
>Motion controls don't work properly,
The infrared pointer is not used in the game anon. You also can't waggle in this one.
>>
>>266296535
Since he REALLY can't get into the aspect for 3D games after almost two fucking decades of it being the norm, you tell me.
>>
>>266285723
The action was more interesting and precise, and the puzzles were better than TP or WW but shorter. It was an ok game. I liked it more than TP or WW.
>>
>>266296643

Fuck you it is not even on my top 6. But I need to be a retarded fucking shit to think SS is better than TP.
>>
If you actually had issues with the motion controls then you are nowhere near as coordinated as you think you are. They were painfully easy to grasp and worked perfectly whenever I needed them to. Try keeping your shit centered when you aren't flailing around like retards.
>>
It's pretty damn mediocre to be sure. Not because of the motion controls--they're intuitive for what it's worth--but because the entire game is dumbed down to accommodate the motion controls.
>>
Ok guys, just tell me
If SS is up there in the timeline and it has just one sheikah, how the hell the sheikah tribe survived?
>>
>>266296806
how easy is too easy

are you an easiness expert?
>>
>>266296848
>hurr it worked for me you're just stupid
best meme
>>
>>266296429

I'm fairly certain he is.
>>
>>266296947
Keep letting your hand laze of to the side nigger, then get mad when you pull out your bow and Link spazes out like a retard because you allowed your cursor to drift off the side.
>>
>>266296848
>piloting the bird
>try steering to the left
>it goes right
>recalibrate
>it still does it
Yeah it's me.
>>
>>266297121
>everyone is an idiot except me
>>
>>266296338
>Z-Targeting breaks the continuity of exploration and is bad game design
>bad game design
Bullshit! You can't not be that retarded, lock on is the most useful mechanic in any 3D where you can move the camera in any direction.
>>
>>266297140
You have your sensor bar upside down nerd
>>
>>266297269
lel
>>
>>266296930

Yes after the 11th fucking boss in SS had a vulnerable eyeball like thing to hit EVERY TIME, I realized the game is retard levels easy and embarrassing.
>>
Neat Concept Tier:
MM=WW

Vanilla, but still bretty Good Tier:
LttP=LA=Oracles=MC=OoT

Kind of Shitty Tier:
SS=TP=ST

Really Shitty Tier:
PH

Zelda seems to bring out some really fevered opinions in people.
>>
>>266296916
Lived in secrecy.
honest answer: Nintendo doesn't give a fuck about lore or plot
>>
>>266296848
It needs a fucking dedicated "re-center the cursor" function, it's fucking bad.
Now your reply is "I never needed to use it, you're just retarded"
>>
File: 18397395.gif (3 MB, 280x208) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
18397395.gif
3 MB, 280x208
I liked the art style, it looked very cartoony. Which I like.
Story wise, I hated it. Zelda, Zelda, Zelda is pretty much the story. Link is just the guy chasing after the real main character. I found it quite annoying how much Link is ignored. Groose was the only memorable/good part of the story.
Gameplay wise, I didn't like the motion controls. Although, I played on Dolphin. So I can't give any real criticism. I can't say I liked the gadgets or dungeons though.

Skyward Sword really made me appreciate Twilight Princess's story. It focused so much on Link in the beginning, and a lot of the townsfolk would actually speak to him, and not mention "did you find Zelda yet?"
I'm currently replaying TP, after finishing SS for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It's a huge fucking relief. The only thing I hated about TP, were the wolf parts.
>>
It's the worst Zelda but it's still enjoyable.
>>
>>266297140
You were turning to sharp then, it's because you have to STEER the bird not just hit a direction and expect it to go. Reminds me of the casuals that whined about the horse controls in SoTC

Also make sure your sensor bar isn't flipped
>>
Of course not.

Its the weakest 3D Zelda, but thats still leagues better than most stuff out today.
>>
>>266297339
there arent 11 bosses in SS
>>
>>266297361
Skyward Sword should be in really shitty tier except for those Lynayru desert timeshift stone segments.
>>
>>266297269

>not knowing how the sensor bar works.

But up two fucking candles the same distance away from each other from the lights of the sensor.

There you fucking go, a new sensor bar.
>>
>>266297374
b-but anon, hyrule historia clearly says that no other human-like (humans, hylians, sheika, gerudos) tribe stayed on the surface.
>>
>>266297547
nah
>>
>>266297592
>Falling for obvious hooking attempts.
>>
>>266296727
this was the first game where I actually wished for an ice world.
>>
File: 1404944811305.jpg (169 KB, 481x662) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1404944811305.jpg
169 KB, 481x662
>>266297698
>not realizing that Hyrule Historia was a quick anniversary cash grab
>not realizing that Nintendo will eventually retcon it sooner or later
>caring about Hyrule Historia's lore
>ever
>>
>>266297474

Well Twilight princess had 24 fucking bosses including minibosses. 12 if not minibosses.

Is that not enough to tell you how shit SS is?
>>
>>266297971
A tundra in SS art style would have been great.. Or a jungle. Maybe on Wii U.
>>
>>266297975
sure, I should care about more oficial sources like my headcanon right?
Come anon, I know it's shit but it's the offical one
>>
>>266297463
TP was the weakest 3D, it had nothing going for it except Midna being a unique character.

OoT was better all around, Majoras Mask had a better dreary atmosphere, Wind Waker had more exploration and sense of adventure, Skyward Sword had a decent enough side/partner character in Groose who actually saw real development and the rest of the game wasn't a fucking slogfest like TP was.

I see all these people calling the dungeons in SS lame but I haven't seen a single good word about TP apparently amazing dungeons in comparison. The only one I can even remember was that Ice Palace and only because the boss room looked cool. That boss was fucking lame though.
>>
>>266296916
Different part of the sky.
>>
>>266286342
This is the first game where Link can actually use a toilet.
>>
>>266297379
Not that dude but if you kept your shit centered like other people said you really wouldn't need to use it. I guess you really did have the good ole 360noscope bow shit happen with Link
>>
>>266298134
>Skyward Sword had a decent enough side/partner character in Groose who actually saw real development and the rest of the game wasn't a fucking slogfest like TP was.

Speak for yourself, i forced myself to complete it and haven't touched it since launch. TP on the other hand i replay every so often.
>>
>>266290835
Minish Cap, Ages, and Seasons were horseshit.
Otherwise good opinions, anon.
>>
>>266298131
>Come anon, I know it's shit but it's the offical one

Yeah, until they eventually retcon something from it.
>>
>>266298205
W-what? Really? But I tought only one massive land was lifted up as shown in the official manga by Awakened Lion Red Scarf Link
>>
I enjoyed most aspects except the limited sky world trying and failing to replicate the openness that WW brought.

Other than being a bit easy, it's pretty great. (I replayed without a shield and six hearts for fun.)
>>
>>266285550
Its better than TP if you can get over the handholding.
>>
>>266297385
I dunno. SS's story was pretty cliche, but at least it was told competently. Characters had arcs, actions had consequences, threats felt legitimate

TP just felt like a collection of half-finished plot threads. Everybody in the town stopped mattering a few hours into the game. Ganon was shoehorned in and displaced Zant as the main villain. That resistance subplot that went fucking nowhere. Hyrule Castle gets put into a magic tetrahedron and nobody seems to care. And then you have a final boss fight in a random field for no real reason.
>>
>>266298478
>Ganon was shoehorned in and displaced Zant as the main villain.
No he wasnt. If anything its just the same tired story of resurrection.
>>
>>266298032
I bet you think Dark Souls 2 is a better game than Dark Souls
>>
>>266287947
This.

I was expecting a great game out of TP and I was expecting very little out SS.

I was disappointed by both but TP was way more of a letdown.
>>
>>266298594
fine then
Zant turns into a looney tune for no adequately explored reason
>>
>>266298478
What kind of idiot didn't see Ganondorf coming as soon as Zant opened his mouth?
>>
I played through it and enjoyed it quite a bit. People complain about the motion controls a lot but I never once had them fuck up. Maybe because I just made it a habit to always calibrate with down on the d-pad, so much to the point I didn't even notice myself doing it. My brother said he had some problems with the motion mechanics but I know he was using a regular wii mote with the motion+ addon.

I didn't like the tutorial in the beginning though, and every time you booted the game back up if you picked up a deku nut or item it made sure to pause the game and tell you what it was again.
>>
>>266298601

Can you go fuck yourself and stop being a stupid shitter?
>>
People still think retreading the same area for no reason for half the game is better than SS where backtracking meant eventually exploring deeper new areas?

Retards all of you.
>>
>>266298478
>but at least it was told competently.
I detect there's a 2.5% chance that statement is correct.

Also who the fuck cares it was a buggy waggle movie.
>>
>>266298738
Some people may have had faulty WM+. I personally played with a regular remote and WM+ and never had a problem . Some people are just too retarded though.
>>
>>266285550
It's literally Hitler in Zelda form.
>>
>>266298478
>Ganon was shoehorned in
>That resistance subplot that went fucking nowhere
This so much, I feel like people are forgetting these things and just saying shit about SS because they played it more recently and can remember its flaws more clearly.

Everyone's eyes are obfuscated by Midnas massive presence in the story
>>
File: 1395547164945.gif (3 MB, 237x179) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1395547164945.gif
3 MB, 237x179
>>
>>266298716
>Zant turns into a looney tune for no adequately explored reason
Did you see how he acted when he was denied the throne? He threw a tantrum like a damn baby, he was never really sane like everyone else.
>>
>>266289137
There is nothing more immersion breaking than waggling around a shitty piece of plastic.
>>
>>266298916
No, other games didn't have problems. The faultiness was software.
>>
>>266298834
nothing in SS was as incoherent or embarrassing as the shadow link cutscene
>>
>>266298217

Well, maybe he couldn't hold it.
>>
Ganondorf wasn't shoehorned in TP. He was hinted the entire game.

Demise wasn't exactly shoehorned either, but he had a shit design and only 10 minutes of fucking screentime. Ganondorf at least had a fun as hell segment of fights in TP. I say this as someone who doesn't care for Ganondorf at all.


That being said I immensely enjoyed both games.
>>
File: 1402598220470.jpg (246 KB, 900x884) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1402598220470.jpg
246 KB, 900x884
i still dont get why this Game gets so much hate. i've played it through twice before visiting /v/ and was kinda surprised about your opinion.

first of all, ill start again with the Atmosphere. We got an artsy anime-esque adventure that looks kinda like it came directly from the ghibli studios. also the soundtrack is the best one of the entire series and i still listen to some of the songs from the game. Fi's gratitude for example is totally beautiful. and the Ballad of the Godess is a masterpiece. just try to create a song just by playing another song in reverse and make it sound good and harmonious
and no matter where you are. just press pause and it looks like it was painted with oil colors

then theres the control mechanic, it's innovative and it works. thats all i can say. i've played it, had exactly 0 problems with it working and i dont know how you can fuck up your downsyndrome so bad that you're too retarded to hit exactly where you want to.
it feels like you have an actual sword in your own hands and its precise as fuck.

also this game introduced the hero mode if im not wrong. and the Hero Mode is the part where i began to love this game. it was fucking hard. you really need those health flasks and fairies, the more the better. getting bottles in this game isn't that easy too. so you have to tactically equip yourself and prepare for your adventure. also the fact that you actually can improve your weapons in such an rpg manner.

and like majoras mask, this game again had so much stuff and side-quests(besides the long as fuck story itself) to do. you can spend hours on skyloft just helping out that ginger kid, or whatever the fuck you want to do.
overall this game felt like a 25th Zelda Anniversary gift to me. theres so much references to older zeldas. beginning with the games main theme, the reappearance of terry, the reappearance of the ghost hand on the toilett and so stuff

the game also was the first game answering a few questions on hyrules history.
>>
>>266296172
The Sigfried manipulation and the plan it entails bares no scrutiny.

Hylia held all of the cards. Literally every single element was in her control to destroy Demise just after after he was sealed. She had a noteable dutiful, wise, courageous, and powerful servant stand in vigil over her for untold centuries. She had the eternal loyalty of ancient dragons of four elements. She had time enough to hold council with them to lay out her plan, and create a new lifeform to serve in it. And what she did was arrange for all of them to in-universe script this game along so that Link could play hero, and build 3 machines to locate the elements required in this quest she then scattered around the world..

Go over this;
Hylia controlled the triforce.
Hylia couldn't use the triforce.
Hylia decided she'd let herself die so she could reroll as something that could use the triforce.
Instead of just getting literally anyone else in the world who's heart's desire should be destroying the Demon King including her devout followers do it.
It might be something if they so much as mentioned Impa failed the silent trials.

The only excuse for this is if Hylia REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to have babies by the hero that defeated Demise.
>>
>>266298716
For real. What did he even do at the end anyways?
>>
File: 1400213109187.jpg (2 MB, 2500x2576) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1400213109187.jpg
2 MB, 2500x2576
>>266285550

Big issues:
> Fi was the most annoying companion of all Zeldas
> Way too long unskippable tutorial and repeating "you found a whatever" shit
> wagglin could de-sync if you tend to hold your wiimote away from the TV

Definitely not for everybody:
> Re-used overworld sections
> Fighting the Imprisoned repeatedly

Pretty good shit:
> aesthetics
> story
> Silent Realm
> Koloktos possibly best Zelda Boss ever
> Ancient Cistern, Sand Ship dungeons among others

Certainly not perfect or the best, but I'd place in close to on par with the rest of the 3D Zeldas.
>>
>>266285550
No, it's actually great
>>
>>266299110
Wouldn't a software problem mean no controller would ever work properly?
>>
>>266299136
Nothing is embarassing as putting Fi in the game. Try as they might with Gorons or other races that are retarded.
>>
>>266285550
You must not have been here when it came out. Everyone fucking loved it.
Thread replies: 265
Thread images: 31
Thread DB ID: 15600



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.