[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Neverwinter Nights 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 19

File: NeverWinterNights2.jpg (146KB, 171x241px) Image search: [Google]
NeverWinterNights2.jpg
146KB, 171x241px
What is your opinion on this game here? I don't see people talking about it too often.
>>
Ids bretty good. Wish there were more D&D games for the PC.
>>
poorly optimized
awful toolset
no modding community
>>
File: 1411739513480.png (962KB, 1171x986px) Image search: [Google]
1411739513480.png
962KB, 1171x986px
>>266111637
>no modding community
>>
>>266111103
maybe because it's been 10 years
>>
>>266111809
I mean compared to the other classic RPGs.

Baldurs Gate gets regular threads.
Same goes for Planescape.

Neverwinter seems to be a bit under the radar. But well, i guess same goes for Icewind Dale and TOEE.
>>
NWN2 - shit apart from the trial until they pull a Bioware and it turns into shit too
MotB - behead those who insult it
SoZ - some interesting ideas, some flaws, integrated jew simulator, worth a try at least
>>
I really liked all the D&D games, I think the main reason NWN isn't as talked about is mostly because of the story, especially NWN1 had horrible story where you had to basically collect 4 items from all 4 corners of the world, and the expansions did that even worse.

I still liked the series though, love the D&D world, NWN2 was a big improvement over the first, especially Mask of the Betrayer, that was almost a perfect game for me, great plot with amazing atmosphere.
>>
>>266111947
>BG

Nostalgia. The game itself is painfully tedious and the characters are lelrandumb xDD /b/-tier.
>>
>>266111947
>Baldur's Gate gets regular threads
I wish.
>>
From what've i seen.

Baldurs;Gate = Boring and only enjoyable for retarded party bantern
Icewind Dale = Baldurs Gate with snow
Neverwinter Nights = Generic fantasy as generic as possible
Planet Escape Tournament = Journal Updater
Tempel of Elemental Evil = Nobody played this
>>
>>266111637
this is bait
>>
>>266112926
The optimized part is true though. Atleast i remember the game running like shit on my old PC.
>>
Decent game. but lacks the charm NWN1 had in terms of modding and multiplayer community.
>>
>>266111765
What mod?
>>
>>266113605
Server: Sigil, City of Doors
http://www.nwn2planescape.com/
>>
>>266113908
Is it any good or just PS:T wank?
>>
>>266112892

Icewind Dale is the story of 1-6 douchebags raping and pillaging everything they can and accidentally saving the world. Writing and dialogue choices are better than BG at the cost of unique party members
>>
>>266114009
The rules make it clear.
http://www.nwn2planescape.com/rules.html

This is hardcore RPing.
>>
NWN1 was only good for the mods and multiplayer
NWN2 vanilla game is a lot better and the campaigns are also better. Plus you actually have a full party rather than 1 character + one companion like it was in NWN1
>>
>>266111103
Campaign is meh.
Mask of the Betrayer is awesome
Never played Storm of Zehir
I hear that Sigil is fucking bonkers and you should try it after MotB
>>
>>266114231
I thought the lack of "unique party members" was part of the appeal of IWD. You're just a bunch of adventurers and can be as pious and helpful or as evil shooty-looty rudey-tudey as you want because fuck it, you're not the chosen ones.
>>
Mods are good and mask of the betrayer is great.
But just about everything else, especially the base vanilla game, is fucking terrible.
>>
>>266114385
Oh, I thought it'd be a module with plot and shit to do.

What's the point of Multiplayer-only modules? A glorified chat room?
>>
File: bitch like I give a fuck.gif (2MB, 340x213px) Image search: [Google]
bitch like I give a fuck.gif
2MB, 340x213px
>pirated it recently
>patch and unofficial patch
>still runs like shit and crashes frequently
>mfw
Obsidian gonna obsidian.
>>
>>266115865
GOG version works fine for me on my mid class PC.
>>
>>266111103
I have some 15,000 hours in NWN1. I never moved to NWN2 because all of the hardcore dedicated RP servers were awful on NWN2. It suffered from WoW-Syndrome. No matter how good it was, the amount of content built over like 10 years is too big for a niche immunity to leave behind
>>
File: WATER TRIBE.gif (923KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
WATER TRIBE.gif
923KB, 480x270px
>>266115865
>>
So, what exactly do you do on those NWN servers?
>>
It's good

Expansion is better
>>
>>266117150
I put on my robe and wizard hat...
>>
File: 1398114808629.gif (605KB, 256x190px) Image search: [Google]
1398114808629.gif
605KB, 256x190px
>>266111103
Love it.

It has its flaws but really, I love RPG's, I love the dnd universe, I love the lore, I love Kaelyn's voice acting and a ton more so I can look past any wonky controls or "boring" main campaign (even though I don't consider it boring at all) and poor optimization, as if that's an issue these days.

To me there's a lot to love, the shit people criticize is so minor in my eyes that I have a hard time taking their whining seriously because to me it sounds like those who complain the loudest had no idea what they were getting into but expected too much.

I went in, doe-eyed and innocent and had a blast.
>>
>>266117497
This. This is probably my most favorite game. The one I replay atleast once a year.
>>
i think the main campaign despite being generic as fuck was quite entertaining
>>
OC is alright.

MotB is great.

SoZ is garbage.
>>
>>266117657

It had a better party that's for damn sure, I didn't care about anyone in MotB.
>>
>>266117730
I never played SoZ but if you're telling me it's better than the normal campaign I can't even imagine how fucking terrible it is.
>>
>>266117909
I meant to say worse, not better.
>>
>>266117730
SoZ is great for multiplayer since that's what it kinad is made for
>>
>>266111103
Don't play as a rogue. Both Neverwinter games treat stealth classes as shit because half the enemies are immune to backstabs.
>>
>>266117730
>SoZ is garbage.

Bullshit. SoZ is almost in the same quality tier as MotB, except it's a complete 180 in what it tries to do.

>no epic story, it's just about restoring regional commerce
>no detailed companion characters, you get to make your own party and deal with random mercenaries along the way
>overworld, skill checks that actually matter and party members chiming in dialog wit their areas of expertise

Only really bad piece of NWN2 sold content is Mysteries of Westgate because it's essentially a glorified mod sold as premium.
>>
File: never guess what happened.jpg (507KB, 668x3606px) Image search: [Google]
never guess what happened.jpg
507KB, 668x3606px
>people calling OC meh

if that's meh than NWN1 OC is pure garbage. NWN2's main problem with OC is that it's very very generic and I have a feeling it's by design because it hits all the notes WAY too easily to be by accident.
>>
File: 548647.png (558KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
548647.png
558KB, 800x600px
always was a fan of bg2 and planescape.

this past year replayed/played for the first time

icewindale 1
icewindale 2
neverwinter nights
neverwinter nights: hordes of the underdark
neverwinter nights 2
neverwinter nights 2: mask of the betrayer

in order of how much i enjoyed them:

1. Neverwinter nights hordes of the underdark, basically takes every bad thing about neverwinter nights 1 and fixes it, from gameplay to story. not much to say except it delivers exactly what people wanted when they first made neverwinter nights 1. its just a very solid game, and definitely definitely worth playing if you at all enjoyed icewindale or baldurs gate or nwn, or even planescape (it has some plane jumping and lol what is morality shit). 7.5/10

2. icewindale 1: a solid infinity engine game. to me sets the bar for the rest of the games, worth playing if you love infinity engine, not worth it otherwise. (story/villain gets pretty corny) 7/10.

3. icewindale 2: pretty much a copy of icewindale 1 in a lot of regards, only its a lot easier, because you just finished iwd1 and know how to exploit shit now. bosses are incredibly easy, and you dont even have to kill the final boss. the engine is 3e instead of 2e, so skillpoints are a thing now, of which a lot are fucking useless. worth playing if you loved icewindale, for sure, not really worth playing otherwise. 6.5/10

contd.
>>
>>266114798
>I thought the lack of "unique party members" was part of the appeal of IWD.

It is. People just miss MUH WAIFUS.
>>
>>266118124
DnD 3.5 in general treats rogues as shit, most of the high level enemies are immune to sneak attack. Dragons, constructs, undead, you name it.
>>
>>266118482
>if that's meh than NWN1 OC is pure garbage.
It is.
>>
File: exigo_help.jpg (34KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
exigo_help.jpg
34KB, 200x200px
>>266118696
>you have to deal with multiple dragons in the later chapter in NWN1
>playing as a rogue and that essentially means I'm a third class fighter with shitty AC when fighting bosses
>mfw
>>
>>266118482
NWN1 oc is pretty much unplayable anon.
>>
>>266118482
NWN2 is a meta-game about a D&D campaign with a bad DM

it ends with "rocks fall everyone dies" for fucks sake
>>
Who the fuck plays NWN for campeigns? its all about the player made mods
>>
>>266118308
>play fantasy game
>you can pick classes with all kinds of godlike fantasy powers
>instead go for the almost realistic boring hurpmelee classes
>playing melee in fantasy games ever when spellcasters inevitably get more attention and stuff simply because no one plays a boring caster
You could almost argue caters are the class the devs intend you to play
>>
>>266118954
>It's SUPPOSED to be shit
Yeah, naw.
>>
>>266118696
Yeah, but tabletop at least gives you options. When your class boils down to Sneak Attack and picking locks, and half of it useless, you're kinda fucked.
>>
File: 9-lpmotb_ch034_009.jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
9-lpmotb_ch034_009.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
best companion
>>
>>266119063
HotU and MotB would like a word with you. No player generated content gets even close to them in terms of quality.
>>
>>266119176
in tabletop rogues are even more outclassed because the magical types can start combining bullshit spell combo's and vastly overpowered feats (seriously what the fuck vanilla magical feats are vastly better than highly specialized fighter feats despite feats being the latter one's specialty)
>>
>>266119273
>not eating it
>>
>>266119458
>giving in to the curse
>being this weak willed
>>
>>266119425
its almost like altering the fabric of reality is better than moving a pointy stick fast
>>
Clerics > Wizards > all the rest > Fighter

>>266119362
HotU wasn't that great. there are plenty of better player generated content.

and MotB doesn't count as I am talking about NWN, not NWN2, which sorely lacks good mods.
>>
>>266119147
It's not the devs, it's WotC. DnD 3.5 is a caster edition, it's been long settled.
>>
File: annoying bitch.jpg (64KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
annoying bitch.jpg
64KB, 800x600px
>>266118583

4. mask of the betrayer: if only it wasnt based on nwn 2. if ONLY it wasnt based on nwn 2. so help me. part of what made hordes great is it changed a LOT of the combat experience and gameplay mechanics of the incredibly shitty nwn 1. motb does not. the gameplay and combat and even a lot of the dungeons are virtually the same. and the gameplay, dungeons and combat of nwn 2 can be described in two words: casual and boring. arguably the best party companions of any of the games listed here, and a story that, makes you feel mythical. worth playing and forming your own opinion simply because of how popular it is, and if you somehow enjoyed the nwn 2 combat then you have yourself a near perfect game. good boss fights and dialogue. unfortunately for me, dredging through the repetitive and mindless combat to get to them made me want to kill myself. for me its 6.5/10.

5. neverwinter nights 2: really really really generic in EVERYTHING it does, combat is incredibly boring, enemies are super casualized, in fact everything is casualized and easy. feel free to have all but one of your party members die but one every instance and have no negative penalties on "hardcore" mode. you can save in combat. the story is pretty fucking stupid. not much else to say, its not really worth playing unless you are a completionist and want to make your own character for mask of the betrayer/ know the background storry. 6/10.

6. neverwinter nights 1: garbage. not even worth typing about.
>>
Wait. is the the game where you can knock people off ledges and make out with a sexy half-dragon looking lady? My memories are very limited. So some of that might be wrong.
>>
>>266119572
why?
magic can do things physics don't normally allow sure, but that doesn't mean it needs to be highly effective at everything

its not omnipotence after all
>>
>>266119572
No it's just the people who wrote 3.0 and 3.5 still couldn't get over the fact that casters in previous editions didn't just auto-win everything when they were still basement dwellers.

This of course has changed in later editions.
>>
File: nwn2main 2014-03-15 12-05-33-68.jpg (204KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
nwn2main 2014-03-15 12-05-33-68.jpg
204KB, 1600x900px
So, goyim.

I have the latest patch. Are there any fan-patches made? Searched, but didn't find anything useful.

Also, what are some good Single-player modules?
>>
>>266119596
Druid > Cleric
dinosaur fucking companion
>>
>>266120010
>there are people that ate okku

truly trash
>>
>>266119952
>No it's just the people who wrote 3.0 and 3.5 still couldn't get over the fact that casters in previous editions didn't just auto-win everything when they were still basement dwellers.

Slow rise to power was really one of the main allures of playing as caster in AD&D, especially if your DM didn't hand away spell scrolls like candy.

>Oh, you want to scribe Sleep? Well tough shit because you don't find any Sleep scrolls.
>>
>>266119952
yeh it contains a lot of stupid things
like the whole concentration system. No its not fucking okay that a wizard can keep casting complicated spells while someone is hitting him with an axe
and on the other hand melee rules are stupidly restrictive like how you can't even pick up a rock to throw it without investing in a fucking feat
>>
>>266117150
I'm currently RPing an opium addict that roams the countryside stealing chickens for both food and money to support her life and addiction. Living out of a semi-abandoned warehouse because it's free.

I've spent 100 hours in the last week on there and had a conversation with like 3 people.

I refuse to let anything OOC affect my IC characters. Because of the type of characters I roll, I haven't seem 90% of the server in the 5~ years or so I've been there. I stick to cities almost exclusively.
>>
>>266120149
then 3.0 comes along and "lol I get 2 free spells per level, glitterdust for everyone" and course they now level exactly as fast as fighters while several fighter advantages were removed and several caster weaknesses patched
>>
>>266120037
Druids are shit.

Clerics are strong in both melee and spellcasting, they can always exchange spells for heals plus they can fucking resurrect. And we still have summon creature for support.
>>
Can someone explain this to someone who was playing MGS2 when this came out?

I thought this was isometric? How are all your screenshots so close?
>>
>>266120504
druids can resurrect as well, and their companions don't take up the summon creature support
dinosaur companion is flat out stronger than an equally leveled fighter up to lv 8 or so
druid's also have instant conversions that stay useful all the way to lv 9, while the last useful conversion clerics get is cure critical wounds

and druids are great at melee as well due to transformations
>>
>>266120413
Not to open THAT can of worms, but it's hilarious how casters went from being fucking hardcore to babby's first class.

>AD&D at level 1
You get one spell, ONE SPELL, and then you gotta be real creative to stay alive.

>4E at level 1
At-will powers, daily powers and encounter powers. And you can self-heal because everyone can now.

Not sure how 5E handles it.
>>
>>266120602
only the good d&d games were isometric. nwn and nwn2 were buggy as fuck regulard 3d top down games where walking was really buggy and camera was buggy and shit it was all fucking terrible and buggy.
>>
>>266111103
it was ok
>>
>>266120504
Druids are far stronger in melee than Clerics, Druids also have just as good if not better spells, Druids also get the completely broken Dinosaur companion, and although clerics can get it with animal domain and feats they cant get the companion buffs like Natures Avatar.
>>
>>266120741
Since when can Druid resurrect in NWN?
>>
>>266120935
5E severely scales down the number spells casters can use no more bullshit int stacking for infinite spells
cantrips have infinite uses but they're not that earth shattering
>>
>>266111103
would be solid 9/10 if the camera wasn't so fucking stupid
>>
>>266120962
You are a retard
>>
>>266120741
Yeah, but that's precisely it - Druids are what you make of them with their spells. Want armor? Need a spell. Want to be great at melee? Need a spell. Meanwhile, Clerics are fucking Paladins with the additional spellcasting goodness AND their God's blessing. They have plate armor and healing by default.
>>
>>266111765
well, comapring to first NWN it looks rather bland
>>
>>266121128
You can change the camera in the options
>>
>>266121172
uh no, clerics need to use spells to be good in melee they have medium BAB progression
>>
File: 001.gif (7KB, 60x84px) Image search: [Google]
001.gif
7KB, 60x84px
>GOG sale happend
>people wanted to do Icewind Dale MP
>plan everything
>start
>who group gets raped by wolfs and it ends
>>
>>266111103
Main campaign is pretty good, but slow as fuck to start for real.
MotB is awesome, closest we ever had to PS:T successor.
SoZ is completely different but pretty good too. Gave me some BG1like feels. Your low level party, bunch of forests and shit to explore, main quest just hanging there in the back giving you time to have fun, some fights you better run away from etc.

I absolutely hated NWN1 campaign by the way, it was fucking atrocious.
>>
>>266111103
I like the Baldur's Gate mod for it
>>
>>266111103
Was it just me or the characters refuse to do what I tell them? It's really tedious, I pause the game, give out orders and when I unpause it they just do some other retarded bullshit. I was furious with it. And when I turn off the AI they just stand there until I explicitly tell them to attack the guy who has been hitting them for a few turns
>>
GUYS? WHERE ARE ALL THE FUCKING MODS IN PLANET NWN?!
>>
>>266121172
>want armor
wildshape
>great at melee
wildshape

and besides when it comes to melee damage a druid's companion dishes out more pain than a cleric because they at least have full BAB
>>
>>266121529
you need to customize the AI of your companions

if you have them set to "no party damage" the wizards wont ever cast fireball
>>
I never played the first NVN OC.
How shit is it for real?
>>
>>266121684
I did toy around with it, but no matter what I do, when I leave it completely blank, they refuse to obey my orders, they just do random shit, ignoring my clicks or casts.
>>
>>266121894
Worst disappointment in my life. Ever.
Not limiting myself to games here to be clear.
>>
>Druid/shifter/with 1monk level
>max wis
>wis every level
>extra wiz post-20
>dragon shape
>completely unstoppable crazy AC+Resistances
>>
>>266122070
Druid/Monk in NWN1 could reach over 90 AC with over 1000 hp. in NWN1 Druid was undisputed king.

NWN2 it was nerfed but still extremely powerful, Druid/monk with natural spell in air shape with dino companion is almost unkillable.
>>
>>266119273
He was really amazing as a +8 belt
>>
>>266122070
I did this in my motb playthrough and in the end I still kept missing more than times than not while hitting, was fucking unkillable though
i don't understand what I did wrong
>>
>>266122492
druids don't need the monk lv in NWN2 since their armor AC carries over so the monk AC isn't particularly useful and the unarmed feats don't work either because creature weapons

dinosaur companion is awesome though, I sometimes would let lower leveled parties fight him as a sort of boss battle.
>>
>>266117730
Switch OC and SoZ and you would be right
>>
>>266124251
>not liking the OC

mad gay
>>
>>266124251
whats wrong, you dont like having your own goddamn fort you faggot?
>>
>>266118308
Ha, I remember when they did this same shit with NWN and Kingmaker. I mean, the three mods were pretty good, but they were so very obviously just fucking mods and not something you'd pay a premium for.
>>
>>266125158
Witches Wake, Shadowguard, Kingmaker, the turds asked money for unapologetically unfinished mods

and then they drop shit like Hex Coda because it was too quality apparently
>>
How do people honestly enjoy BG1/2 or IWD1?

I played most, if not all, newer (as in post 1995) D&D PC games, and found those three to be way too slow and boring. Which in addition to the crappy ruleset just makes them unplayable for me.
>>
>>266119147
Pretty close, but this time it's Clerics/Chosen Souls who get the special attention and EZ-mode gameplay, while Rogues and Rangers get shit on.

Weaponmasters, Berzerkers and even epic-level Fighters are all good and viable.
>>
grobnar was great
>>
>>266125542
>Hex Coda

I'm reluctant to try this because
>Sci-Fi

What are some good things about it?
>>
>>266119273
His carcass becomes the body for the best companion

>>266124531
>>266124749
I never even finished it, gave up somewhere in the middle of Act 3. Occasionally I try to replay it but it's just so awful and boring.
The fort part was ok I guess.
>>
>>266125580
BG1 starts awful slow and there is an overabundance of forest to explore
IWD is all about the combat and the infinity engine combat is nothing to write home about. the art and music were top notch though, and i consider it overall better than BG1
>>
>>266125542
They should've bundled the futuristic one (which I think was Hex Coda), the Blackguard one, and the hard-as-nails pornographic one. I actually would've paid money for these.
>>
>>266125895
>best companion
>kills waifu

how about no
>>
>>266125802
it is very well crafted, everything works smoothly and like it should, the world is living and detailed without lobbing history books at you, characters are all good and it has a brilliant humor that never obstructs the story or gameplay in inappropriate ways.
one of the best mods i have played, next to aielund saga.
>>
What's objectively the best character to play in each nwn2 campaing in order to fully enjoy the story? I mean sex, race, class, alignment and party members.
>>
File: nwmain 2014-03-23 21-37-58-80.jpg (172KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
nwmain 2014-03-23 21-37-58-80.jpg
172KB, 1600x900px
>>266125991
>Pornographic one

Which one :^)

I only know of ADWR, it's bretty gud 9/11.
>>
>>266126321
OC is a male human melee, probably some sort of cleric or fighter. Import him to MotB. SoZ has you make a whole party.
>>
>>266126321
Definitely not rogue as there are tons of bs immune enemies.
>>
>>266126321
in the OC, a male character with plenty points in social graces. you get to pretend to hit it off with Neeshka and Quara while avoiding the inevitable affections Casavir. Elanee is a better option than he. social graces because reasons.
>>
>>266126434
I am 99% sure it's A Dance With Rogues
>boob physics
>dildo armor
>catching venereal disease grinding rapes down at the dock

69/100 breddy nice :DDDDD
>>
>>266126321
Had a good run with sorcerer.
Avoid the swashbuckler as a secret plot spoiler super weapon is incompatible with his skills
>>
>>266126903
damn, I like swashbuckling
>>
>>266126321
Clerics, Chosen Souls and Paladins, because you'll be fighting just tons of undead.

Maybe Rangers with undead as a racial enemy and foregoing bows and backstabbery, though at that point you're just a shitty Druid.
>>
>>266126903
swashbuckler gets a bitchin hat, it is the best class clearly
>>
>>266126321
>Sex
Has sex literally ever mattered in RPGs? I only recall it mattering in L:LotC, where Shakespeare wants to fug you and gives you a +charisma ring.
>>
>>266127524
I remember it mattering in Fallout 1&2 and Arcanum.

If you count romances as mattering, essentially any RPG Bioware ever had a hand in.
>>
Guys, thank you for feedback but I said
>in order to fully enjoy the story
meaning the narrative, like what character makes the story flow best. Some of you are approaching the question in a more game-y way, so to speak,
>>
>>266127796
>Bioware

Well they specifically target fat virgins with sex in their games, so yeah, I guess.
>>
NWN1 Class Tier List

>God Tier:
Druid

>Top Tier:
Wizard, Sorcerer, Cleric, Shifter

>High Tier:
Champion of Torm, Black Guard, Bard, Weapon Master

>Mid Tier:
Paladin, Harper Scout, Pale Master, Fighter, Red Dragon Disciple, Dwarven Defender

>Low Tier:
Ranger, Rogue, Assassin, Monk, Arcane Archer, Barbarian

>No one ever takes more than 1 level of me Tier:
Shadow Dancer
>>
>>266119552
>implying giving in
>not mastering it and making it your power
>not having the gods so afraid of you they have to gang up to kick you out of the cosmos
>>
>>266127896
i guess a good character makes more sense than trying to play an evil one. it's a pretty lighthearted romp.
>>
>>266128026
yeah I remember playing a bit of vanilla years ago and the "evil" options were either sadistic, stupid or just dickish
>>
>>266127896
it doesn't matter that much. Just put some points in at least one of three social skills, and you'll be fine.
>>
>>266113908
woah thanks man, havent been up to date with nwn for a long while - that shit longs really interesting
>>
>>266125580
IWD2 uses the 3.5 ruleset, which may be more your speed. Still the same engine, developer and world though.

>>266127896
Oh. Well then Yuan-Ti Pureblood female, Lawful Evil, Kelemvor worshipper (for the sweet bastard sword and extra class), Flirt background. Manipulate your way to success and put anyone who resists your wiles to the sword.
>>
>>266127912
>Druid god tier
you high son
>>
>>266128513
Yes, I liked IWD2 due to the ruleset.
>>
>>266119624
you suck
>>
>>266129202
Druid is pretty broken in NVN.
>>
>>266129202
This is bait or you know very little about neverwinter
>>
>>266127973
Man I loved that ending.

>One thing was certain, there were fewer chasing you at the end
>>
Controls are so outdated I can't have any fun with this game.

I tried. I really did.
The camera is just too infuriating.
>>
>>266129202
>Best spells in the game
>Wild shape
>Infinite spell per day
>Can easily get 100+AC
>Animal Companion
>Infinite fucking spells per day
>>
>>266127912
And what is the tier list for NVN2? Druid is less overpowered but what else?
>>
>>266129254
I know there are some megapack mods that'll speed up and make the game easier to look at and play, but really the core isn't going to change. Lots of clicking around, lots of mystery-solving, lots of tactical pausing. Kind of slow, immersive games.
>>
>>266129581
I use character camera for outdoors and exploration for indoors. No problems at all.
And I actually play with a controller (via xpadder) too
>>
>>266129581
The camera might be the objective worst part of NWN2. I hate it more than I hate it dragging on for hours, or even all the backstab-immune enemies.
>>
Is the GOG version fixed or would I need to patch it?

What Patch do I get?
>>
>>266111637
>poorly optimized

>2009
>Build a new PC for myself
>Mid-range; HD 4870 and C2D e8400
>Runs Oblivion at maxed settings with > 60 FPS
>Runs NWN2 at 10-15 FPS with maxed settings
>Oblivion looks a hundred times better

One of the most poorly optimized games I've ever seen. Considering that and how buggy most of their games are, I think it's safe to say that Obsidian's programmers are terrible.
>>
>>266130308
It should be patched.
>>
I want to be a useful and good at fightin' monk, what do?
>>
>>266130308
GOG version works fine on Win7. Thats what i can tell you.

Performance is decent and 0 crashes so far.
>>
The fucking Tiefling Rogue is a pain in the ass, bioware-level cutesy quirky character and I wish I could drive her away, except then I need another fucking rogue.
>>
>>266130514
How buggy is the GOG version though?
>>
>>266130592
My current playthrough is bugfree so far. The only thing that still annoys me is the camera but that will never change.
>>
>>266130326
NWN2 performs worse on ATI cards. I remember reading that something like the ancient NV 8800GT was enough to play it at max with good framerate.
>>
>>266111103
I thought it was pretty good. I really liked the strict adherence to the 3.5 rule set so you could multiclass like a motherfucker.

Modding community wasn't nearly as active as NWN1 though, which was a disappointment.
>>
I always play Rogue/Shadowdancer in DND games. I can't help myself.
>>
>>266129859
Storm lord is really good in NWN2, honestly iv not played around enough with all the classes in NWN2, there's so many.
>>
>>266112404

The expansions to NWN1 were far better than the base game, I really enjoyed shadows and hordes.

As for NWN2 I actually marathoned the base and MotB recently, got it in the GoG sales. Personally I liked the base campaign more than the expansion but I think that's largely due to me playing the whole thing too long without a break. The power creep in MotB was a bit much though, I felt severely over powered for every fight as a mage.
>>
>>266118583
hordes of the underdark is literally the best and last good game bioware has made.
>>
>>266120280
>I've spent 100 hours in the last week on there and had a conversation with like 3 people.
What the fuck am I reading...
>>
>>266130960
I made a cleric/stormlord with monkey grip that used spears and shields. It was a pretty fun build, but I hated that the special abilities lasted just a couple minutes, but had unlimited uses per day. Why not just make it last until you rest so that you aren't constantly having to recast them?

>>266130592
There's a really annoying bug present in all versions that causes the movement to get choppier and choppier as your OS's uptime increases. The only solution is to use the client extender or reboot your computer right before you play. A major pain in the ass if you like to keep yours running for months at a time like me.

References:
http://forum.bioware.com/topic/158065-good-fps-animation-stuttering-an-issue-i-have-tried-relentlessly-to-fix/
http://www.gog.com/forum/neverwinter_nights_series/nwn2_slow_framerate_during_movement_animation
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-1684591.html

NWN2 Client Extender:
http://forum.bioware.com/topic/124118-announcing-the-nwn2-client-extension-client-crash-fixes-enhancements-multiplayer-server-browser/
>>
>>266121561

I tried making a wildshape druid recently, even if you splash it with two levels of monk and maximize your damage with things like magic fang and flame weapons, you're still a gimped fighter with a few shitty support spells. Wildshape got nerfed multiple times over the patches.
>>
I played a cleric last time, and it feels like I spent half the whole game just casting buffs before battles. I think I'll go with a melee class this time; are barbarians any good?
>>
GOG version is 1.023 (1765) if anyone cares.
>>
>>266132598
>are barbarians any good?
No, but a well built Frenzied Berserker is
>>
>All these drone-like comments about "MotB good, OC bad hurrr durr"

Did you niggers even play the fucking games or are you just parroting what you've heard in previous threads? There's nothing fucking wrong with the OC, I played through it at least a half dozen times as different race/class combinations and had a blast every time. I had to force myself to dredge through MotB after modding out the shitty "soul hunger" mechanic because it was buggy and poorly implemented shit. I suggest you try them all out for yourself instead of listening to the /v/ hivemind that doesn't know shit.
>>
>>266133164
I played through OC and MotB. Haven't gotten around to SoZ or Sigil. Everyone else is right and you're a fag.
>>
>>266132598
Frenzied Berserker and Weapon Master are probably what you should be aiming for. Epic-level Fighter might be alright too, if a little meat-and-potatoes.
>>
>>266133164
>Did you niggers even play the fucking games or are you just parroting what you've heard in previous threads? There's nothing fucking wrong with the OC

Its not terrible but its pretty bland and mediocre.

MotB was God tier

>I had to force myself to dredge through MotB after modding out the shitty "soul hunger" mechanic
Topkek how casual are you?
>>
>>266133164
>modding out the shitty "soul hunger" mechanic
biotard detected
>>
So i've made a paladin- when should I start multiclassing to something like divine champion, and are there awesome two-handers in this like there was in BG2/NWN1, or should I stick with sword/shield?
>>
nwn2 sucks ass
>>
So is there a Dance with Rogues type mode for NWN2 yet?
>>
>>266133164
I liked OC. It had this plain and simple adventure to defeat the ancient evil setting.
Nothing too complex, but it wasn't bland either. Definitely above average RPG.
MotB just overshadows it more with its gritty story, but I wouldn't call it a god tier game either.
>>
>>266134380
divine champion is for fighters who want to paladin. no reason for a palafin to take it
>>
>>266130326
>One of the most poorly optimized games I've ever seen
>not naming anything from ubishit
kek
>>
>>266134652

Huh. well then.
>>
>>266119624
>6. neverwinter nights 1: garbage. not even worth typing about.
what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>play nwn1 Shadows of Undrentide
>level 1 half-orc bard, kill everything I possibly can chaotic evil
>savescum to the max, some hard fights take 100 reloads
>make it through the campaign finally, end the game with god tier items that make up for how pitifully weak I am
>start Hordes of the Underdark, kill drow thief with my boner, oh great I gotta use these shit tier items now?
>cross class into Red Dragon Disciple, play through the game dual-wielding bastard swords
>str is so high and game throws enchanted weapons at you so fast the penalty for using fuckhuge swords in both hands is nil
>beat the endgame boss with melee even though I could've avoided it
>God-tier character by the end, most fun I've ever had playing vidya
How can anyone not like this game?
>>
>>266134380

In the OC you can make an awesome two hander relatively early. Around level 8 or so you'll pick up a gnome bard, spend all his skill points on armor/weapon crafting and buy some gloves of the artificer as soon as you can find them. With the gloves, levels, one casting of fox's cunning and one casting of heroism or greater heroism you should be able to get this gnome to craft you an adamantine great sword (or whatever weapon you like).

Adamantine will beat most damage reduction abilities in the game, including stoneskins, and adds 2 magical damage to every attack. After it's forged go buy whatever the best enchanting gems you can find at your level and start enchanting it, as long as you don't fill all three enchantment spots you can keep updating the existing ones until you hit +5.

Having a +3 flaming adamantine greatsword puts you well ahead of the level curve for a while, you won't find better loot drops for a long time. Adamantine full plate is worth while too, it gives you 3 damage reduction against everything. Mithril chainmail should go on all your light armor users.
>>
File: 1408619538526.jpg (18KB, 428x469px) Image search: [Google]
1408619538526.jpg
18KB, 428x469px
>Warlock class
Its like I'm playing a caster in some MMO.
>>
>>266118583
>HotU
Valen Mai Husbando
>>
>>266134879
>>266134380

I'm also considering just grabbing monkey grip so I can GREATSWORD even with or without a shield because fuck the unjust and perps.
>>
>>266120084
>there are people who didn't eat all their companions, turning them into an artifact set that hated them.
>>
>>266131807
I've been very depressed for a long time. I find happiness in my escape, even if I play the most mundane, boring character imaginable.

I sometimes do things with other people. It's just that the town I've been in has been kinda devoid of activity. I have a stable life here and I'm fine with that. I just wish a DM would notice me occasionally
>>
The main campaign is fine. A bit cliche, but the characters are alright. Slow pace, though.

Mask of the Betrayer is amazing. It's one of the best crpgs out there.

The rest were meh. I'm not a fan of create your own 4 members. It couldn't keep me invested in the story after I experienced MotB.
>>
>>266111103

It was absolutely goddamn awful at launch.

At this point properly patched and modded it's a very stable fun game. I still play the original campaign sometimes. MotB and SoZ are both great as well imo.

All of these games are better now than 99% of the rpgs being released now.
>>
>>266135258

>This makes the Paladin erect

Prepare to feel my justice, thundercunts.
>>
>>266126434
>mfw ever sex scene has "look at the ceiling and think of england" option
>>
>>266135326

Warlock was the stupidest shit ever added to DnD. Ignore it completely.
>>
>>266135492
this is also exactly how I RP'd on NWN1 servers
everybody else was running around with magic runes floating around them and enchanted armor, I was in tattered rags belligerently shouting at birds and asking if anyone had seen my grandson.
>>
>>266126434
Time to reinstall.

Gotta find a hot character portrait, and a passable head model.
>>
>>266135492

Try an MMO instead. There are a ton of free ones and you will always have people to talk to.
>>
>>266135598
>>266135258

Any reason why I should use the gnome? The dwarf dude has WC on par to his level, does the gnome get big bonuses or something to crafting? It's been ages since i've actually dnd'd so I forget the 3.0/3.5 racial shit.
>>
MOTB is 10/10
>>
>>266135717
The only good advice I ever got regarding Warlocks is "mod in Epic Eldritch Blast from the beginning or ignore the class completely."

Such a shame, too. The idea is neat, but the actual class is fucking garbage.
>>
>>266136035
You need to be able to cast spells to enchant shit.
>>
File: nwn2main 2014-07-11 15-12-30-93.jpg (241KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nwn2main 2014-07-11 15-12-30-93.jpg
241KB, 1920x1080px
>>266111103
>2013
>not being obese tranny devil
It's like you don't want to rp as tumblr
>>
>>266129202
Druid is the best class in dnd and every game based on dnd.
>>
>>266136203

Oh duh. Right.
>>
>>266136035
It might be that gnomes already have crafting as a racial skill so its easy to dump points into. And he might already have points in crafting. I actually don't remember since I've never crafted a damn thing.
>>
File: Vault 22.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Vault 22.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>you will never have an army made of your fungi children
>>
>>266135326
>>266135557
It was neato in MotB where you actually had a sense of urgency and couldn't scum out on the resting. Could definitely have used a bit more depth but I liked the basic idea of having your special beams types and shapes.
>>
>>266136032
It's not the same. There isn't near the immersion, and there aren't DMs there to enable you to do anything, as long as it's IC with IC motivation

>>266135951
You should try out POTM. Their site is nwnravenloft.com. It's not as great as it used to be, but it's still fun
>>
>>266136235
>not playing as a trumpet
>>
File: Extract Brain.jpg (227KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Extract Brain.jpg
227KB, 1920x1080px
>>266136496
But those are just angels with trumpets, anon.
>>
>>266136482
>You should try out POTM. Their site is nwnravenloft.com. It's not as great as it used to be, but it's still fun
Is this really for me? Do they have great portraits and character heads?
>>
>>266136482
>rp server where it takes ages to level
Yay, I can barely wait to have loeads of fun with my mage/sorcerer that's able to cast 5 spells before having to rest.
>>
>>266133164
OC was memorable to me, but it wasn't great. It had Grade A dialogue writing, but it was paced poorly, loaded like shit and had a lot of sidetracking and retarded shit (Like the pre-shadow king fight with the group of revenant assholes.)

M&B beats it in a lot of ways, being tighter and much more personal and original in it's design. OC is still better than SoZ and the other one.
>>
File: NWN2_SS_012509_222049.jpg (156KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
NWN2_SS_012509_222049.jpg
156KB, 1280x960px
>>266111103
I enjoyed it enough, bugged to hell when it first released, but it's been patched. Average I would say.

MOTB was good.

I enjoyed SOZ more than those two, but it was severely lacking substance. Dual wielding kukri's as a swashbuckler was some intense shit
>>
>>266136831
>M&B beats it in a lot of ways
True, but I'm not sure how that's relevant.
>>
HiLarious to play with friends.
>>
>>266136831
Meant mask of the betrayer.
>>
>>266136713
>is it really for me
I can't really answer this. If you want immersive RP, it's great. If you're going to bitch like >>266136773 who cares more about killing things and leveling than RP, you'll hate it
>>
>>266120010
What is the reward for eating Okku?
>>
>>266137754
His pelt, which can be used to create One of Many.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (5KB, 339x69px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
5KB, 339x69px
>>266137464
Oh also, jumped on my PC really quick to post this.
>doesn't include all of my playtime
>Date created: 12/13/2013
>>
Man SoZ could have been so much better if they went all out on your party's skill actually mattering outside of combat and crafting. Instead all you got was some worthless bonuses.
Thread posts: 222
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.