[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't you play building games that make you feel warm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 29

File: simcity.jpg (60KB, 334x482px) Image search: [Google]
simcity.jpg
60KB, 334x482px
Why don't you play building games that make you feel warm and fuzzy?

>Sim City 4 (too griddy)
>Cities XL (too laggy)
>Banished (repetitive)
>Minecraft (repetitive)
>Rollercoaster Tycoon (too old)
>OpenTTD (did everything that is to be done)

Real purpose of this thread is finding more building games to burn though
>>
File: wat.jpg (387KB, 610x396px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
387KB, 610x396px
Almost forgot about pic related. Used to just build and build and build and not worry about destroying the enemy
>>
File: clusterfuck - the ride.png (1MB, 2026x1270px) Image search: [Google]
clusterfuck - the ride.png
1MB, 2026x1270px
>>265142564
>Rollercoaster Tycoon
>too old
Nah mang.

Cities in Motion is a thing that exsits, but I haven't played it yet.
>>
File: both_hands.jpg (85KB, 679x427px) Image search: [Google]
both_hands.jpg
85KB, 679x427px
>>265142821
>final level/skirmish mode
>one enemy building left
>cover the map with bases of different factions
>go full autism mode and occupy all buildings, while plotting defenses of all sorts around every oil refinery

And there went my Saturday afternoons.
>>
Dungeon Keeper
Anno 1602
Caesar3/Pharaoh/Zeus/Emperor
sidescroller shit like Craft the World or Terraria
The Guild. Europa 1400 (technically not a building game and more of a tycoon game but your house and businesses have a medieval, homely vibe)
>>
>>265142564
>Minecraft (repetitive)
I'm going to be that guy and say there are tons of interesting mods (or modpacks) to give the game a new spin and feel. I personally enjoyed enhancing on the RPG feel a lot but then sometimes switch to a technical pack when I want to build endless arrays of machinery as part of complicated production chains. Setting up automated nuclear powerplants in hopes they are safe makes me feel warm and fuzzy, too.
>>
>>265144458
I think op meant that the vanilla game itself is repetitive.
>>
Age of Empires 2
Stronghold

Maybe Life is Feudal if you can get into it.
>>
>>265142564
>Sim City 4 (too griddy)

You realize the 5 other games you mentioned are all on a grid too, right? And that real cities are also built on/around grids... right?
>>
Factorio
Creeper World 3 (you fight a liquid "enemy" consuming everything)
>>
File: yesiknowwhatyouaresaying.jpg (48KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
yesiknowwhatyouaresaying.jpg
48KB, 720x720px
>>265143350
>cities in motion
Tried before, didnt like, will try again
>Anno1602
Played shit out of it, dunno why I left it out of OP
>Dungeon Keeper, The Guild, Europa 1400
Buying it now ifyouknowwhatimsayin'
great stuff guys, get to procrastinate some more!
>>
If you don't mind an RTS and are autistic enough to enjoy numbers go look at AI War: Fleet Command. To me it's pretty cozy. It's hard as fuck as you fight a steadily more dangerous overpowered AI and try to pry system after system from its hands. There's a ton of shit going on and it's very tactical and heavy in numbers (thousands of units) but you generally fortify your position and slowly push your way through giant maps to kill the AI Core at its homeworld after having disabled all shield generators around the galaxy.
>>
>>265145409
Looks really hard to get into - is it as bad as it looks?

>>265144946
>Factorio
Looks intredasting, giving it a shot

>>265144684
>Life is Feudal
Is this game too pre-alpha to be cozy as fugg?
>>
Not a building game but grand strategy like Crusader Kings 2 allows you to construct an empire. You technically "build" a dynasty by marrying, fucking, raiding, assassinating, conquering, imprisoning, executing. The fun part is how everything entwines and your current character dying splits assets between eligible offspring/siblings and you have to make sure those are loyal or can be killed easily to keep your realm together. Then there's a ton of politics, religion, culture, upgrading and other stuff going on.
Dunno why I mention it tbh but evolving an empire over decades just feels incredibly good.
Game looks like DLC-hell first but it's just mostly character portraits/icons and music with the exception of 3 actual expansions.
>>
File: comfy.jpg (53KB, 197x190px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
53KB, 197x190px
>>265146221
I spent a million hours playing Europa Universalis III, very cozy. Is CK2 different enough to warrant getting into it?
>>
>>265146152
>Looks really hard to get into - is it as bad as it looks?
Yes, you need to study a lot of lenghty tooltips with tons of stats and understand how damage, specials skills, armor and hitpoint numbers affect shit. It's a complicated game. Small size, you can quickly pirate it (think there's also an official trial/demo) to check it out. UI and visuals are not great but it makes up in planning/building depth with lots of quirky mechanics and shit to do and optimize within the game if you can get off on that.
>>
File: guild2.jpg (85KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
guild2.jpg
85KB, 800x600px
Europa 1400: The Guild is pretty nifty and holds up to this day gameplay wise. Really a fun game of dynasty building and business simulation.

The sequel was just not the same and i can't point my finger on it why.
>>
>>265146369
How is grand strat in any way "cozy"? It's a static map where you're always waiting for the next french assrape comming your way.
>>
Tropico 5 is neat

That new game Train Fever is not
>>
Zoo Tycoon will forever be comfy as fuck.
>>
I recently picked Prison Architect from Humble Bundle and so far I am enjoying it very much.
>>
File: evilgenius_eu.jpg (71KB, 424x600px) Image search: [Google]
evilgenius_eu.jpg
71KB, 424x600px
>>
>>265144056
>Dungeon Keeper
oh god in primary school I watched some kid play this for hours, but never tried it myself. Im going to be extremely cozy and comfy while nostalging
>>
>>265147450
oh god this

love putting those stolen artifacts all over my base and making it suave as fuck
>>
>>265147450
>Warm and fuzzy
>Constantly dealing with enemy agents fucking your shit up
>While having to watch the mission screen every 5 seconds to make sure people don't get busted
>And the chain fire explosions in the power room just spread out across the base
>>
>>265147189
For example I would play it as Holland, shaping the country as it is now, and just improve those few provinces with all possible buildings, never leaving it, preventing war wtih everybody. Makes me feel warm, hard to describe
>>
>>265147189

>he plays a boring European nation

That's why you do something fun like playing a tribal nation or something similar.
>>
File: 06oct_03.jpg (200KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
06oct_03.jpg
200KB, 800x600px
You know, i enjoyed The Movies. It was so relaxing and warming to see the eras changing in always sunny Hollywood.
>>
>>265147450
Yeah, at the beginning.
Then, you move to a new island.
That's when super agents and army dudes fuck you up. And they destroy every single thing in your hotel. Fuck them and saboteurs, seriously.
>>
>>265147973
I always play the county of my real life city where i can, otherwise i play practically anyone.

Tried playing as some murrica indian tribe in EU3 i think it was. But it got boring real fast.
>400 years of civil war every time the leader died because i took other tribes
>Can't colonize, research is utter shit, just waiting for euros to come along
>They can easily take my shit and does so because AI hates playing along
>>
>>265148271
Never build hotels. They're money burners and will burn sooner rather than later. The investment isn't worth the return.
>>
>>265148306
Iroquois was literally doing nothing until Spanish show up, loved every minute of it.
>>
>>265148306

I tried playing my city (Cologne) in EUIII but it was hard as balls.

Played an asian nation and it was really fun. Put everything into research so I could go explore, then sailed to Europe and sold my shittest province to Portugal, giving me a Western neighbor and allowing me to fully Westernize.
>>
If you like minecraft, but wish you could do more, take a look at landmark. Yes its from SOE, so /v/ hates it, but it certainly does allow you to make some fucking great stuff.
>>
>>265148415
>Never build hotels
I learned that the hard way. So I just capture tourists and fuck them up with interrogation instead.

Super Agents are a big problem though. I never found out the James Bond guy's weakness, and over the years I replayed that game like 4 times.
>>
File: 1411012577997.png (47KB, 282x315px) Image search: [Google]
1411012577997.png
47KB, 282x315px
>>
>>265146369
CK2 is more of a political conquest and diplomacy simulator where EU is simlar to Hearts of Iron in being about treaties, economy and military.

You are the king. You declare war against a nearby country and conquer its provinces. At the end you are victorious and imprison the enemy king's wife. You take her as concubine and have a bastard son but forget about him. You die. Your actual son you had with your proper wife is now your new main character. The bastard son you had has a legal claim to certain regions and will try to maneuver him into a position where he can either rebel against you and pry the lands from you - or he offers himself to a foreign king so he enforces the claim on your lands and the bastard becomes a vassal under the other king.
Generations down the road people you crossed, people whose family members you murdered will try to fuck your shit up. Your task is to sort through these ties. Breeding of character stats/traits also plays a role, so does marriage to gain alliances or lands/titles generations down the road.
You can only control a limited amount of regions yourself and have to put someone in charge of the others, often several people. When you die only few titles can be directly inherited to your heir but you have to keep your domain together. Then there's religion, given you unique (dis)advantages - in case of the Catholic Church you can engage in a politics side-game to issue cardinals to influence the pope and have him declare crusades or excommunicate rivals. Fun shit.

The actual combat and economy part is fairly boring like in the other grand strategy titles from Paradox. CK2 has no sea battles, ships are just transports.
>>
I prefer grid simulator aka SimCity4 BUT Pharaoh/CaesarIII/Zeus series was pretty cool too. I liked the little details in there. This is what shit like SimCity 2013 lacks
>>
>>265148630
Bond doesn't have any weaknesses. He's the only one that can't be defeated. If you have him in a cell when you complete your doomsday device though, you get an additional cutscene with him tied to the rocket.
>>
>>265148727
Better yet, play as a count or a duke rather than a king. Feels much more fun to rise up to become the king.
>>
the sims
>>
>>265148940
Muslim or Indian counts are awesome.
Or try it the hard way and try to make that single spec of Judaism into an actual religion while everyone around you hates you for having a different religion.
>>
dwarf fortress
>>
>>265148727
Thanks for the quick intro!
>>
>play c&c generals 0 hour
>play as GLA aka ISIS
>be stealth general/osama
>make gigantic base
>make everything invisible
>>
>>265147006
I blame it on controlling your dynasty members like sims in the game world, along with getting rid of AP in favor of actual time. It somehow killed the atmosphere.
That and there's just less content. Less professions, items, can't even build city structures as a mayor etc
>>
>>265149648
>You now realize that all terrorists are forced to play C&C
>You now realize that's how they've managed to do so well at not being dead
>>
File: ck2_2.jpg (795KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
ck2_2.jpg
795KB, 1680x1050px
>>265149234
I don't like playing as muslims. That debauchery (or something like that) thing really ruined it for me as i grew bigger, i'd rather not execute every single family member just because. Haven't tried indians yet.

Playing as vikings are fun. On my current game, the world gone turned into a whole different history. As you can see, orties have destroyed islam (no idea how it happened even, i was paying attention to scandinavia for most of the time) and Tengri got reformed. First time i've seen an AI reform a religion. So now Catholics have competition on all sides.

This game is so gonna get ported over to EU

Oddly enough, there's a single province left in western Sahara that is a heretical shia, while it's leaders are west african.
>>
Play pic related
Tons of fun and the last (I think) game that use the mechanics of Zeus

Playing it right now and having a blast
Look for the widescreen "mod", pretty easy to find
>>
>>265147006
>>265149657
I tried The Guild 2 but found it horribly boring when I just stared at my chubby guy waiting to find a wife
He died childless and alone

Are the first better?
>>
Sim City 3000 is more comfy than Sim City 4
>>
>>265150020
MUCH better. Instead of micromanaging a guy, you have action points to spend on what you personally do without having to move here and there manually, and it really works well. Also less focused on 100% realism. You can be a gypsy or a gravedigger making dark magic items to use personally or sell, and when you build a palace, you can fire your tower cannon at those fucking assholes who made sure you weren't voted into an office.

Just make sure the city laws lets you blast away or you're going in the slammer at worst. If you are the lawgiver though, you can change those laws yourself.
>>
>>265149914
Why didn't you convert/conquer the jews yet?
>>
>>265150396
Sounds like a completely different game>Fun even
It is now on the backlog
>>
>>265150020
Definitely. It's just much deeper and atmospheric.
>>
>SIMCITY 4 HAS CRASHED

Every 30 minutes.
>>
>>265150626
Because i'm not in the hood. I'm stuck in Norway currently waiting for a chance to screw Sweden over and finally make Scandinavian empire. Still got about current 350 years left before game is over so who knows.
>>
>>265142564
Tropico 3 was for free on Humble Bumble 2 days ago.

>dat comfy caribean music
>>
Train Fever

All they need to add is boats and planes and it will kick OpenTTD into the dust
>>
>>265142564

SC4 is griddy as fuck but the fun comes when you experiment

honestly rush hour was probably the last time I've ever bought DLC from EA, and it was 100% worth it

also OP try Haiemont's games like Glory Of The Roman Empire or Tropico. They're not perfect but it's the closest we got
>>
>>265150739
Just make sure you get Gold Edition, it has both the base game and expansion.
>>
>>265150020
The first one is far better in terms of gameplay and content but it feels/looks a bit old by now. Might also have issues with certain new graphics cards but as it's not demanding at all you can run it even on CPU integrated ones just fine.
Just pirate the game, the dev studio doesn't see a dime anyways.

A small hint in regards to the interface: The F-keys are hotkeys to switch between different important buildings.
>>
does actually making games count? I have like over 3000 hours logged in the source sdk and I'm transitioning to Unity
>>
>>265150981
VEHICLE NUMBER #352 HAS REACHED THE END OF ITS LIFETIME AND NEEDS TO BE REPLACED
>>
>>265151098
>Not turning on auto renew.
Fucking pleb.
>>
>>265150962

Gotta agree with this suggestion. Tropico 3 is great. Tropico 4 is pretty great too, if you ignore all the DLC and pretend it doesn't exist.
>>
>>265151096
>transitioning to Unity
Why not UE4?
>>
>>265151265
>auto renew
wot

Is there an update for the pirate version?
>>
>>265151298

because I'm a pleb and I find Unity easier to write scripts for
>>
File: Wells-Sep. 7, 241411479827.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Wells-Sep. 7, 241411479827.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
I've just got in to Sim City 4 this week and I've played around 30 hours. I fucking love it.
I'm finding the modding scene difficult to interpret though, and I have no clue what I'm supposed to do with tree controllers.
Also I'm getting this bug for some reason.

[spoilers]All I want to do is make comfy rural Japanese towns[/spoilers]
>>
>>265151096

>transitioning to Unity

Cool, switch to one of the worst game dev environments ever made.
>>
>>265150280
The music made it comfy. Simcity 4's soundtrack focused on the hustle and bustle of urban life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzWLwASzJpM

Just listen to that music.

Also, play SimGolf, OP. Just remembered that game.
>>
What about theme park or theme hospital?

Also are there any games where you can be god kinda like that?
I remember an old win95 demo of something like hell and heaven or some shit, that you build your own paradise or hell and gather souls.

Also something like Act riser where you can go as a character into your town to fix problems
>>
>>265146369
CK2 is only worth if you play older versions, it has been baby tier for a year and a half
>>
>>265147339
Holy shit this.
It was an excellent, "just fuck around brah" game.
>>
>>265151592

Its only baby tier if you abuse retinues.
>>
>>265151431
You have the expansion packs installed?
Adds a lot of stuf
>>
>>265151687
or loans, or everything else that has been added
>>
>>265151753
I have the deluxe edition.

>>265151431
Fuck me, I'm so tired I can't even spoiler.
>>
>>265151431
>not just having the whole city as an industrial wasteland then moving onto a neighbouring city
It's like you don't want to make money
>>
>>265151765

Well, the more that gets added to a game, the more possibility to exploit it.

The real challenge is having the self control to not abuse the system.
>>
>>265144836
>And that real cities are also built on/around grids

Have you ever looked at a fucking map?

Even US cities have curves
>>
>>265152212
The game is broken as fuck m8, if you play as a count or duke you are forced to abuse to system in one way or another unless you want to wait hundreds of years for a window to open.
>>
>>265144836
Ever been to Sydney? It's a fuck off to your grid system and roads just doing whatever the fuck they want. Lrn2 town plan
>>
File: 09-25-14_1-11 AM.jpg (814KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
09-25-14_1-11 AM.jpg
814KB, 1920x1080px
But I do.
>>
>>265152005
>I have the deluxe edition.

Right on, I used to play the shit out of SC4 years back, didn't understand a fuck about it, wasn't that young but still, me building a city is the worst idea anyways, unless it's a shanty city.
But you made me wanna play it again, so time to get that big box and install the shit out of it.

Thanks bro, now I'm gonna try to play with out money mods/cheats.
>>
>>265152398
Is that the Sims 2 or 4, I can't tell
>>
>>265148648
Is that a fucking non banked curve at the bottom of the hill of those wooden coasters? Gonna give your guests whiplash
>>
File: Anno_1404.jpg (35KB, 256x363px) Image search: [Google]
Anno_1404.jpg
35KB, 256x363px
>>265142564
but i do
>>
>>265152510
Huehue
>>
>>265152386

Well, you know, to each their own. I enjoy taking the slow route sometimes, and I enjoy blobbing like a madman and doing a world conquest in 50 years as the Magyars or Mongol Empire. Sure, you can exploit the shit out of the game and powergame like fuck, but the game is just as fun if not more so when you don't.
>>
File: enb2013_3_25_10_45_24.jpg (676KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
enb2013_3_25_10_45_24.jpg
676KB, 1920x1080px
>>265149942
loved this shit
>>
>>265151431
Over 2000 hours and counting on mine, I've had the same disk set since I was in my early teens
>>
>>265142564
Damn you, now I want to play SimCity again. And it'll eat up alot of hours.
>>
>>265152773
No I was serious man.
And putting up a shitty screenshot with no AA or other fancy shit to make Sims 2 look uglier aint working.
Even that fucking crystal looks better in the Sims 2.
>>
>>265152860
My biggest problem with SimCity 4 was the stability. I always have issues when I go to the large maps, and can have problems on the smaller ones if I don't build it up fast enough.
>>
>>265152773
2 was definitely the best
aliens, magicians, new year's baby
it was mental
>>
>>265152860
Anon, I never figured out how to get big ass towers.
>>
>>265153274
High density over the top of lower density as the city expands. The main thing is having a large population and specialisation in commercial buildings.
>>
I always loved Startopia.
>>
File: SimCity 2014-03-26 23-07-53-76.jpg (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
SimCity 2014-03-26 23-07-53-76.jpg
1MB, 1680x1050px
>not playing SC(2013)
>>
>>265151540
>I remember an old win95 demo of something like hell and heaven or some shit, that you build your own paradise or hell and gather souls.
You're thinking of Afterlife
>>
>>265153478
Alright, I'll try that out.

>>265153663
This looks so fucking soulless man, it hurts.
>>
>>265153864
Thanks.
>>
>>265153182
Personally I have no problems, that city has traveled from multiple computers and ran fine on all of them, though of course I always turn off shadows and it seems to improve it a lot.
The shadows are pretty ugly in my opinion anyway.
>>
>>265153864

Fuck, I loved that game. Like Sim City, except you had to develop two cities at once. Or, you could manipulate mankind and ensure they all end up in hell.
>>
>>265153663

Man, it sure sucked but it sure was comfy.
>>
>>265152778
>he doesn't play grand strat competitively!
What's the fun of being good at them if you got nothing to brag about on the internet?
>>
>>265154571
True. I enjoy SimCity Societies too for the exact same reason. You can make some nifty looking towns. Music was also god tier
>>
>>265153663

it's fucking terrible

that being said I wish EA would fix the map sizes and all the forced multiplayer shit, then the game might actually be ok
>>
>>265155294

SCS music is probably the best EA has ever made, certainly the best for any simcity style game

I just wish that the game itself was better
>>
File: nukez.jpg (369KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
nukez.jpg
369KB, 1920x1200px
Anno series is comfy. With the exception of 2070 because it has silly cliché factions and nukes. Pic related.
>>
>>265155978
Yeah. I don't consider it a Sim City game. But rather an atmospheric sandbox. I can see why many people utterly hate it.
>>
anyone here play car tycoon?
>>
>>265154887

What's the fun of being so good at them that there is no challenge anymore?
>>
I just downloaded TransOcean the shipping company game that came out on Steam

People say it's fun and addictive so I'll give it a try
>>
>>265156765
There's a satistfaction knowing that you can impress everyone by superbly beat the game in record time without breaking a sweat.
If i wanted real challenge i'd cut off all my fingers except the thumbs
>>
File: Theme Hospital2.webm (1MB, 1280x720px)
Theme Hospital2.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
The best tycoon coming through. Are there any other games that give similar feeling to TH? It's so fucking comfy, every game with sweet isometric graphics is.
>>
File: settlers4.jpg (731KB, 1545x751px) Image search: [Google]
settlers4.jpg
731KB, 1545x751px
>ctrl-f settlers
>0 results

Seriously, niggers? Shit is comfy as fuck.
2 > 4 > 1 > 3 in terms of titles.
>>
Waiting for cities skylines, looks good so far.
>>
>>265157409
Which settlers game is the best? Tried 7, it was shit.
>>
File: Theme Hospital.webm (3MB, 1280x720px)
Theme Hospital.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>265157369
>>
File: Disappointedguest.jpg (7KB, 200x185px) Image search: [Google]
Disappointedguest.jpg
7KB, 200x185px
>>265142564
>mfw when you said that Rollercoaster Tycoon is too old
>>
>>265157409
nigga please.
2>1>3>4
>>
>>265157552
I dunno. If there only was a hint somewhere in that post
>>
>>265157409
I remember a remake. Was it good ?
>>
>>265157552
Just pretend any other games that were released after the fourth simply don't exist and you're set with a great series..
>>
I need a comfy city builder
How's Anno 1404
>>
>>265157132

I can do that too. I've done world conquests as one province countries surrounded by infidels. I have over 900 hours played in CK2. The game isn't really challenging anymore, unless I do self imposed restrictions. Blobbing all the time gets boring, fast.

In my current game, I started as a duke in the HRE, formed Germany, got independence, claimed all the rightful German lands and then stopped claiming land for my country. All further land gains were given to dynasty members outside of my control. There is an incredible satisfaction having your kinsmen as the leaders of 10 different kingdoms, knowing that any time one of them is attacked each and ever other one will rise up and put down the aggressor with overwhelming force. It's the most fun I've had in CK2 in a long while.
>>
>>265157941
Dude, i wasn't being completely serious. Play the game the way you want anon, don't give a fuck about MUH SKILLS faggot which i was satirizing.
>>
>>265157880
It's pretty much an exact copypasta of 2 but with 3D graphics. So yeah, it's good. But I am an old fuck who started with 1, so there might me notalgia goggles.

>>265157931
Very good. If you're going to try it, install the addon as well.
>>
>>265152773
Designing nighborhoods in Sims 2 was pretty damn comfy.
>>
>>265153663
>that art style
Fucking disgusting.
>>
>>265148980
This.

Used to destroy entire neighborhoods in TS3 just so I could have a fresh canvas of empty lots and go wild with my architecture fetish
>>
>>265158250
Speaking of settlers, look what i found while looking for the remake.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/08/06/the-settlers-kingdoms-of-anteria-is-half-city-builder-half-co-op-action-rpg/
>>
>>265154449
I've had it as a reoccurring problem on 3 computers and gone through all the different 'fixes' which involve disabling multithreading and stuff. Booted it up not long ago and a city that kept crashing on me ages ago was working reasonably fine, but yeah it's hit and miss some days
>>
>>265152248
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhsY0uBbgyo
>>
>>265158835
Meh. Ubisoft drove the series into the dirt long before that, so I don't care anymore.
>>
File: 1411412095955.png (36KB, 150x200px) Image search: [Google]
1411412095955.png
36KB, 150x200px
>>265157686
>have to make a huge room just for 3 things

I always hated that
>>
What is the name of the Simcity clone Paradox is making?
>>
>>265159406
That looks so sad.
>>
>>265150818
Run it on a single core. It was never developed to run on multicore systems
>>
File: images.jpg (23KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
23KB, 275x183px
>>265152391
>>265152248
This is still a grid, retards. Just because there are curves and fractionally angled roads (which you can also have in simcity 4) doesnt make it any less of a grid.
>>
>>265160338
Cities: Skylines ?
>>
>>265159406
Uruguayan here, our cities look exactly like that thanks to spaniard fuckers. I wish they had more curves.
>>
File: image.jpg (333KB, 1750x1075px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
333KB, 1750x1075px
>>265162645
>>265160338
Based
>>
I have never played a city building game before in my life, since I'm more of a grand strat. man... But is there any game that lets me start with a small as fuck rural town that I will be able to expand until it's a fuckhuge modern city?
>>
>>265164547
OpenTTD
>>
I'm pirating Sim City Societies right now. I remember playing it a long time ago and my memory is not good anymore to warn me against it. Wish me luck.
>>
>>265164215
That looks a lot like Paris during the medieval period
>>
>>265165168
Paris had highways in the medieval period??
>>
>>265164215
Yeah, it doesn't look too good. This was supposed to be a promotional image and that's the best they could come up with. Looks like Cities in Motion more than Sim City.
>>
>>265165394
Well its made by the same people using the same engine. So...

Also itd look nicer if the person making it actually made an appealing looking city. Those bland voastlines make the entire image an unrealistic snoozefest.
>>
>>265165394
Muh alpha footage...

On a more serious note, paradox concept art always looks bad.
>>
>>265150962
I might still have a steam code from this if interested?
>>
>>265148630
You can deal with the super agents by shooting them til they feint and interrogating them in an endless loop. I juggled Jet Li, that Russian chick and super slut in my base for awhile til I could get rid of them
>>
Tropico 4, zoo tycoon (1 or 2).
>>
Is Cities XL realy that bad to run ? It does looks pretty from the screenshots.
>>
>>265144597
Only if your some simpleton who only builds basic shit. They built a fucking working calculator in the game and this guy is complaining that the building is repetitive? Only if he doesn't like living in an ever changing fort of badassery.
Thread posts: 160
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.