[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Of all the characters here, how many were you actually familiar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 12

File: melee roster.png (474KB, 1364x768px) Image search: [Google]
melee roster.png
474KB, 1364x768px
Of all the characters here, how many were you actually familiar with when you first played Smash Bros? Knowing Cap. Falcon or Ness from Smash 64 doesn't count.
>>
Wasn't aware of g&w, ice climbers or marth/roy
>>
>>263686940
Didn't know:
C. Falcon, Falco, Fox, Ness, Ice Climbers, Kirby, Samus, Mr. G&W, Marth, Roy
>>
File: melee2.png (595KB, 1364x768px) Image search: [Google]
melee2.png
595KB, 1364x768px
The Gamecube was my first Nintendo console aside from the NES. I didn't even associate Pikachu with Nintendo until I played Melee. I thought it was its own thing.

I also thought that Kirby was a Mario character for a while. I knew Fox from Star Fox Adventures.
>>
File: 123.jpg (251KB, 1364x768px) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
251KB, 1364x768px
>>263686940
>>
Didn't know:
Kirby, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Ness, C.Falcon
>>
>>263686940
All of them except ICs, Falco, Marth, and Roy. Didn't know what game Ness was from
>>
>>263686940
don't remember, I knew LoZ, Marios and Pokemon though. I knew CF from the n64 version despite having never owned it.
>>
All except Marth Roy & Mr G&W
>>
>>263686940
I knew about everyone.
>>
>>263686940
I only knew the mario, dong, pokeyman, and zelda characters
>>
>>263686940
I was familiar with everyone except Marth and Roy, though they sounded familiar when it came out, thanks to a long-running subscription to Nintendo Power.
>>
I knew everyone but marth and Roy (who I thought was actually Elwood whose name I forgot). I knew ice climbers from the NES games on the GameCube animal crossing and knew game and watch from one of those Shitty gameboy games.
>>
>>263686940
fuck dark pit
>>
>>263686940
Everyone but Marth, Roy, Ness, Cap, Ice Climbers, and Game & Watch
>>
>>263686940
Knew all but Ness, IC, G&W, Marth, Roy
>>
I knew everyone except Ness, Marth and Roy
>>
>>263686940

Back in 64's days, I knew everyone except Captain and Ness. Fuckers at school said Falcon was a power ranger and Ness was the Pokemon Trainer/Ash.

I then read their in game profiles and educated myself. Low and behold, I realized each game was at my baby sitter's house - so I gave them a play. I found Earthbound really hard at first, but I ended up getting my own copy in the early 2000's and finally beat it last year. It and Mother 3 became some of my favourite games.

In Melee, I knew everyone except Marth, Roy and the Ice Climbers. I sort of knew what Game & Watches were, but didn't know the character himself I suppose.

I then saw FE advertised in Nintendo Power and bought it at release - I thought it was going to be like an FF game, honestly. You'd be suprised with how many people at my school thought Marth was either Lyn or Hector, and that Eliwood was Roy. They were too stupid to read the trophys.
>>
Didn't know about Ness, Ice Climbers, Marth or Roy. I recognised Mr. G&W and Cap. Flacon once I looked them up.
>>
>>263686940
Everyone except Marth, Roy, Gayman Watch, and ICs.

I knew about Ness because I looked him up after 64.
>>
>>263689937

Were you hyped about Mother 64?
>>
>>263686940

I wasn't aware of Marth, Roy, or Ice Climbers. Everyone else I had at least SOME exposure to. I remember seeing Captain Falcon in Nintendo Power articles, and Samus in video game stores.

I wish Sakurai never moved away from the Ocarina of Time designs for the Zelda characters. They were perfect. TP doesn't deserve the same recognition, it was only successful because people who loved Ocarina of Time had high hopes for it.
>>
>>263686940
Man Melee had the best fucking roster. All those amazing additions. Fuck Brawl and Brawl 2.0
>>
>>263686940
I knew everyone.
>>
>Melee in widescreen without streches
WHAT
>>
File: artstyle.jpg (56KB, 368x368px) Image search: [Google]
artstyle.jpg
56KB, 368x368px
I use to think Ness was suppose to be the kid from Pokemon Red/Blue version. I also thought that his attacks (thunder/fire/etc) were based off Pokemon moves.

I also thought Samus was a dude.
>>
File: adam-west-batman.jpg (44KB, 517x805px) Image search: [Google]
adam-west-batman.jpg
44KB, 517x805px
>>263691313

Were you born with a hole in your brain?

How underage are you exactly?
>>
Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Yoshi, D.K.
(had the original F-Zero but you never actually see C. Falcon in it)
Ganondorf, Falco, Fox, Kirby, Zelda, Link, Young Link
Pichu, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo
(played G&W collection but it used Mario characters)

Since then I've played a few Metroids, Ice Climber in Animal Crossing, and a ton of Fire Emblems.
>>
>>263688873
Stay mad faggot. I'll make sure you destroy your 3DS in a fit of rage as I destroy you with him.
>>
File: 1410813549417.png (579KB, 1364x768px) Image search: [Google]
1410813549417.png
579KB, 1364x768px
I was 5 when this game came out.
It was the third game I owned as the gamecube was my first system.

The first was Luigi's Mansion
Second was Rogue Squadron

Also I hated pokemon because I couldn't understand the story.
>>
Everybody except Falcon, Game&Watch, Emblems, and climbers.
>>
>>263690628
I thought he only moved to TP because it fit the edgier style of Brawl, but now that Kerfuffle has moved on to bright saturated colors and it didn't change to SS or OoT I can only assume it's some kind of favoritism.
>>
File: hotline miami.gif (634KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
hotline miami.gif
634KB, 220x165px
When I was a kid, I owned a lot of "popular" stuff like the MegaMan games and Mario games, and was a mostly Capcom and Nintendo household. When we got our SNES, my dad loved to shop for Capcom games, so I owned all the stuff like Street Fighters and the Marvel games on SNES as well. My grandma was the kind of person who would buy all the random 'weird' niche games, and I remember having Ys 3 - Wanderers from Ys that she gave me for my birthday one year when I was about eight or nine. I was about twelve or thirteen the night I stayed up all night until I got Mr. Game and Watch, and honestly hadn't thought of Ys in a very long time. I legit thought Marth and Roy were Adol and Dogi, and I had to go back and play it after all those years to double check. But it was rough, no internet, and a somewhat dilapidated house because my dad was unmarried and constantly working, so it was hell finding all my SNES cables because my sisters would run off with them for god knows what reason.

I can't be the only one to have thought this.
>>
I knew everyone except Falcon, Ness, IC's, Marth, Roy, and Game & Watch.
>>
>>263686940
Everyone but Falcon, Ness, Ice Climbers, Samus, Marth, Roy, and G&W.
>>
>samefags spamming this stupid fucking game every fucking day trying to hype up failed game
>>
In 64 I knew Pikachu, JIgglypuff, and I thought Jigglypuff evolution (kirby) oh and I was familiar with Mario.

I thought Ness was the kid playing with the toys self inserting himself, and thats why his symbol with the earth.

I was much more well verse by Melee
>>
File: meree.png (599KB, 1364x768px) Image search: [Google]
meree.png
599KB, 1364x768px
>>
All but Game&Watch, Ness, Samus, Marth and Roy. To be fair when Smash 64 came out I was 10. I never played Earthbound and Fire Emblem hadn't even been localized at that point. Smash 64 introduced me to Metroid and Fire Emblem though.
>>
itt people younger than 20 years old
>>
>>263697284
I also remember playing Samus dirst because I didn't recognize her and thought she looked cool. Then my friend ate me as Kirby and said he stole my suit. I called him an asshole and told him to give it back. I sound dumb in retrospect. I also assumed Samus was a dude. I still main her to this day, no matter how much she sucks.
>>
>>263686940
Who the fuck is Roy, a brother of Ike or what the fuck is up with that and why did they remove/add the other one
>>
My first one was Melee
I knew:

>Mario
>Luigi
>Bowser
>Peach
>Yoshi
>Link
and the Pokemon
>>
>>263697284
How did smash 64 introduce you to Fire Emblem?
>>
>>263686940
it's been so long ago, I dont' recall if I had F Zero X before or after Smash. I knew I knew about it from Nintendo Power, though.

I didn't know Ness

I didn't know about Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch, or the fire Emblem People
>>
Everyone but the Ice Climbers and Fire Emblem characters. I had an uncle who exposed me to Earthbound and F-Zero years before Smash 64 came out.
>>
>>263686940
>Knew
Mario
Dr.Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Ganondorf
Fox
Falco
Ness
Samus
Zelda
Link
Young Link

>Didn't know
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Pichu
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Mr Game and Watch
Marth
Roy
>>
I knew everyone but Marth and Roy
Ice Climber was my shit as a kid
Why did you betray them, Sakurai
>>
>Melee
Doc
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
DK
Kirby
Samus
Zelda
Link
Young Link
Pichu
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
>>
>>263699952
>Didn't know Pikachu
Nigga what?
>>
>>263686940
Is Ganondorf a jew?
>>
>>263686940
That's weird. I feel like there are some characters missing from that chart.
>>
>>263699952
>didn't know pikachu
What in the fuck?
>>
>>263691070
just use dolphin
>>
The only character I knew from Smash 64 was Mario. I only had a Xbox and played Sonic Heroes all day -- I was mad because Sonic was in there, at first. Man, you can imagine just how surprised I was to find those Smash characters had their own games!
>>
Knew everyone but Ness, Ice Climbers, Marth and Roy.
>>
>>263686940
Didn't know about the FE guys.
And I learned about Ness from 64, but I'm from yurop so it's ok, right ?
>>
>C Falcon
>Falco
>Ness
>Ice Climbers
>Kirby
>Pichu
>Game and Watch
>Marth
>Roy
Literally who?
>>
I didn't know about:
>dr mario (why is mario a doctor now? wtf?)
>falcon
>ganon (is this guy from the same game caption falcon is from? they have the same moves...)
>falco
>fox
>ness
>ice climbers
>samus
>zelda
>young link
>pichu
>jigglypuff
>mewtwo
>gaymanwatch
>marth
>roy

I didn't really play many first party games back then other than mario, kirby and donkey kong. DDD and meta knight were probably my most hyped brawl newcomers since kirby was getting more reps.
>>
Only knew Ness and Jigglypuff, didn't play a lot of games and only played EarthBound and Pokemon Crystal before Melee.
>>
>>263686940
Did not know
>captain falcon, despite playing F-Zero
>Ness
>ice climbers
>samus
>Mr. Game and Watch
>Marth
>Roy
>>
>>263697445
you're so cool grandpa :^)
>>
I always remembered Mario characters, DK, Yoshi, Link & Zelda(I never played OOT so no Sheik or Ganondorf), Kirby and the Pokemon as usual

I played F-Zero X before Melee so I knew Captain Falcon, I've played Ice Climber(by those bootleg consoles which had almost all the major NES games before so I recognized ICs, I knew about Metroid from the commercials of Fusion and I really wanted it so I recognized Samus. And I've owned the Game & Watch Gallery for my GBA so I knew G&W

Only franchise I didn't recognized was Earthbound, Star Fox and Fire Emblem
>>
>>263687951
I thought Kirby was a Pokemon for a while.
>>
I didn't know who Marth, Roy, Ness, or C. Falcon was. I knew Game & Watch because there was a Game & Watch game at my grandpa's house from when my uncle was a kid.
>>
When I played Melee, I wasn't familiar with Ice Climbers, Game & Watch, Marth, or Roy. When I played Smash 64 I didn't know Captain Falcon, Ness, or Samus.
>>
Didn't know in Smash:

Falcon, Samus, Ness.

Didn't know in Melee:

Marth (I knew Roy because of the GBA game) and Ice Climbers.
>>
>>263692373
I'm really mad that you're allowed to be here.
>>
>>263703591

>m-muh secret club for 30yo wizards!
>>
>>263686940
I didn't know Marth, Roy, Ice Climbers, Game & Watch, Cap, and Ness (knew about cap and ness from n64)
>>
>>263703750
No, don't worry, I know how dumb it is. I'm only a few years older than them.
>>
But that's not when I first played Smash Bros, you fucking casual.

Of the original roster, the only one I didn't know properly was Ness, because Earthbound never came out in Britain and I hadn't bothered to emulate it yet.
>>
File: 1382160629543.png (672KB, 864x486px)
1382160629543.png
672KB, 864x486px
Didn't know Ice Climbers, Marth, Roy, or Ness.

Might have known G&W.
>>
Ness, Ice Climbers, Marth, and Roy were new to me.

I never unlocked Ness in first smash but I had a Game & Watch from my mom so I knew that at least.
>>
>>263704005
It's like these entitled faggots forget they were 18 once in their pathetic lives
>>
>>263699284
I meant melee. Should have clarified. I didn't even get into those games til years later though. Also I'm pretty sure I'd played F-Zero but didn't know who Captain Falcon was.
>>
>all the people in this thread not knowing about Ice Climbers

Jesus fucking christ, children.
>>
I knew everyone except for Marth, Roy and GW.

There was an arcade in a peter piper that had a weird F-zero arcade with some other SNES games. My uncle owned a bunch of NES games and I even got to play Ice Climber.

I think its obvious as to why I didn't know Marth or Roy.
>>
>>263686940
Everyone but CFalc, ness, Marth/Roy, and G&W's real name(Had the old Toss-Up that is older than G&W series)
>>
>>263686940
On the christmas I got this game I also got a keychained game and watch.
So who I wasn't familiar with was Ness, Captain, Samus, Marh and Roy.
>>
>>263686940

I didn't know who Ness, Marth, Roy, Ice Climbers, or Mr. Game & Watch were.
>>
>>263686940
all of them except marth and roy. i knew they were from fire emblem, but i didn't know/care which
>>
>>263704618
I'll direct you to
>>263703750
>>
>>263686940
Marth, roy, and game and watch. Anyone who actually played nintendo games should easily know the rest.
>>
>>263686940
All the Mario characters and the Pokemon characters. Kirby too.
>>
>>263686940
I didn't know C.falcon (although I had rented F-zero from block buster before), Marth, Roy, Ice climbers, and I didn't know about samus til 64 ;_;
>>
File: 1401935489072.jpg (76KB, 500x464px) Image search: [Google]
1401935489072.jpg
76KB, 500x464px
>2002, maybe 2003
>out at toys r us with family
>we're all deciding to get a console
>see smash bros demo
>play, fun as fuck
>don't recognize ice climbers at all but remember really liking them and their stage since that was what was playing
>everybody else wanted a PS2
>didn't get a chance to play smash again until 2009
>tfw

By then I recognized everybody but Marth and Roy and even then I knew they were from those fire emblem games my brother liked.

I guess if I had played this game closer to launch I'd have only recognized Link, Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo and maybe Zelda.
>>
>>263692373
you hated pokemans because you didn't understand the story? even if you were five at the time, i don't get it
>>
>>263704618
It wasn't a good game. Plus, at the time, there was no Animal Crossing, Virtual Console, or Game Boy Advance ports at the time.
>>
There was probably no one other than hardcore weebs that knew who Marth and Roy were in the west prior to the first localized FE game.
>>
>>263686940

I was unaware of

>Shiek
>Falco
>Mr GW
>Ice Climbers
>Marth and Roy
>Capt Falcon (from 64)
>Ness (from 64)
>Samus (from 64)
>>
>>263686940
Didn't know about roy. Not sure if I knew about Marth at the time.
>>
I can't believe how many people ITT have never played F-Zero.
>>
>>263686940

Knew them all in 64 because I used to collect some Nintendo specific magazine, I also was a massive drawfag back then so knowing the characters wasn't that hard.

I didn't know who the hell were Marth and Roy on Melee, same with some of the trophies.
>>
Who the fuck would even know G&W and IC unless you were some 30 year old faggot or had a Father was really into NES shit.
>>
I knew everybody but Mr.Game & Watch, Captain Falcon, Marth, Roy, Ness and Ice Climbers. I knew Samus but I thought she was a guy.
>>
>>263707085
nintendo power

the internet
>>
>>263707085

We used to have this magazine in Mexico called Club Nintendo, there was a fanart section, one of the better artists used to draw classic games from the company and the magazine ran trivia over the drawings.
>>
>>263686940
Everyone but Mr. Gaymanwatch, Marth and Roy
>>
File: 1278222578546.png (88KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1278222578546.png
88KB, 480x640px
When I played Melee I was a sonygger and PCfag only so I only knew the 4 Pokémon, Mario and the Zelda guy. Later I bought a GBA and played Pokémon a lot and emulated many SNES and 64 games and started only playing emulators on my PC
>>
>>263686940

didn't know dr mario, falcon, falco, fox, ness, ice climbers, kirby, samus, g&w, marth and roy
>>
Fire Emblem, game and watch, ness, and captain falcon.
>>
Aside from fire emblem guys i knew everyone. Actually, i still don't know much about FE, never bothered to play it. I just know it's some kind of rpg with strategic map and a nice sprite work. And that the newest game is a waifu simulator.
>>
>>263709704
yeah, pretty accurate description of the FE series
>>
>>263686940
Most of 'em. I had a G&W as a kid.
>>
File: we.jpg (32KB, 600x333px) Image search: [Google]
we.jpg
32KB, 600x333px
>>263707085
Slav here. We had these things. They were kinda popular even in the early 90' I just connected the dots and instantly understood what G&W was without having any actual experience with it.
>>
>>263686940
Marth/Roy.
>>
>>263686940
Didn't know Ice Climbers, Marth, Roy, Ness, Samus, or Falcon

I had a copy of Game and Watch Gallery for my GBC so I actually knew what Mr. Game and Watch was.
>>
>>263687525
Exactly this.
>>
>>263686940
I didn't know Marth, Ness, or Ice Climbers.

I had the G&W Gallery games for my GBC, so I knew Game and Watch. And I had F-Zero for my SNES as a kid, so I knew Captain Falcon.
>>
>>263686940
I knew all the characters from 64 besides Samus, Ness, and Captain Falcon (didn't have a Super Nintendo) and the only newcomers in Melee I didn't know were the Ice Climbers and Fire Emblem characters.

I was actually incredibly hyped for a "Mr. Game & Watch" because I loved the Game & Watch Gallery series.
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.