[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game deserves more recognition.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: 715579-insurgency_800x600.jpg (316KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
715579-insurgency_800x600.jpg
316KB, 800x600px
>>
>>263323171
Sure does. Shame it doesn't really have a lot of potential players since the whole MW craze has not only died down but it's only seen as repulsive in the mainstream.
>>
>>263323171
why? enlighten me anon
>>
File: 1349129616978.png (627KB, 1024x759px) Image search: [Google]
1349129616978.png
627KB, 1024x759px
>>263323171

It's pretty good, I just never think to play it. Had some fun doing bro-op with a friend against bots as well.
>>
I like how it looks like it's a two part poster but they're actually just on other side of the same wall
>>
>>263323791
Because it's fucking great. It's a failure on paper since it's a modern military game, it's brown and grey and it's on fucking Source. But it's not.

The single fact that it has one of the best gun mechanics and sounds in video games ever on fucking Source Engine says something.

It plays like a mix between Counter-Strike, Red Orchestra and Rainbow Six. Maps are competently designed, there's a lot of game modes and, as I mentioned before, gameplay is great.

It's not casual. Not as arcadey as Counter-Strike, not as no-fun-allowed-realistic as Arma and not as large as Red Orchestra. It's a perfect middle ground semi-realistic FPS for me personally.

Oh yeah, and explosives are fucking powerful here.
>>
>>263325309
everything you just said makes my pee pee stand up, gonna seriously consider buying this

post gameplay videos
>>
File: 600px-Insurgency_FAL_Loadout[1].jpg (40KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
600px-Insurgency_FAL_Loadout[1].jpg
40KB, 600x338px
>>263325309
Plus it has FN FAL.
>>
File: Insurgency_Launch_Promo.jpg (356KB, 3152x1817px) Image search: [Google]
Insurgency_Launch_Promo.jpg
356KB, 3152x1817px
>>263323171
Its alot of fun I dont know why it isnt popular
>>
>>263325756
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66HRD4o6vCA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjCXKsHlY40

Soggybiscuit does a decent roundup of the game too, but keep in mind that he did it with an old version of the game, and devs update it at a steady pace:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxjlHU9u38
>>
>>263326428
it's on old ass source engine
>>
File: s2jiRxb8IQg[1].jpg (29KB, 600x525px) Image search: [Google]
s2jiRxb8IQg[1].jpg
29KB, 600x525px
>>263323171
Pulling pushing shitty gaming shilling diving in the cold heat of the pool
>>
it does, only negative thing about it is its community..which is alot of the typical "WOW U DIED?! YOU SUCK NOOB! YOU DIDNT LISTEN TO ME!!!" obnoxious tryhards.

>tfw win more games when everyone shuts the fuck up than when someone tacticool tryhard tries to "organize" things.

but other than that this game is pretty fucking solid. And in the end its not THAT hard to find a server of non tryhards.
>>
>>263326428
Probably because an indie game that's also a grey/brown modern military shooter.

Enough people still play at all times of the day, though, so it's not like it's dead or anything.

I really like it, which is weird because I thought the mod sucked. It feels like, well, a more lethal Call of Duty 4 with less dumb shit. It's what I wanted a sequel to CS to be like, instead 1.6 circlejerking for a decade.
>>
tfw playing with 170 ms latency because third world and losing every close up encounter since enemy's bullet hit first
its so discouraging, hold me brothers
>>
>>263327620
>I thought the mod sucked
Speaking of that, when devs tried (and failed) a Kikestarter campaign, many mod vets came out of the woodwork to claim that the game looked casualized as hell. It actually did look like that, including weapon highlighting and all the garbage like that.

People didn't really say anything good about it when early access started either.

Now, when the game is out, I don't see anyone complaining about it being dumbed down. What the fuck happened? Did the devs actually listen or something?
>>
>>263323171
>This game deserves more recognition.
about games that deserve recognition, ground branch is still on devellopement on UE4 and the dev lead want to make is game ready for this christmass ... on early acess and a free version
>>
>>263325801

>not going full rhodesia

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=306916746
>>
>>263328056
People hate change, hence the CS 1.6 circlejerking that's been going on forever.

I don't honestly know. I think the mod was more fully featured and had more complexity. Personally, I hated it for the simple reason that the draw distance was ridiculous small. Just a big wall of fog thirty meters out that obscured everything. I also don't remember the guns being anywhere near as good: there isn't the supersonic snap of bullets whizzing by you.
>>
>>263323171
>Getting shot in the back the game

Directional audio is ass in that game.
>>
>>263328669
you have shit audio
>>
>>263328482
that's sexy as hell
>>
>>263328056
>many mod vets came out of the woodwork to claim that the game looked casualized as hell
jealousry bullshit, there's no weapon highlight and the game is just like the original mod

>early access
EVERYBODY hate early access

>did the devs listen
the devs were always listening, but only the good features went through
>>
>>263323171
It has potential but I'm not so sure about it.
CQC is pretty boring and I feel maps with stronger contrasts like Ministry/Market work better than something like Heights.

Community isn't smart enough yet either. They're all too busy praising themselves for not playing BF/CoD to actually work together and cover objectives. All they do now is charge head first across the map to Alpha/Charlie.

Does /v/ have a group or something for it?
>>
>>263329339
There's no highlighting NOW but it used to be there.
>>
>>263328819
No I don't
>>
>>263329680
what headphones do you use
>>
This game is pretty great, but I just wish you could respawn like you do in RO2.

I know I'm not very good at the game, but I don't want to take the time to get good at if I spend most of my time waiting for the round to end
>>
I'd rather just play Red Orchestra
>>
>>263329856
Play Skirmish or Occupy, you get respawn waves.
>>
>>263327097
unreal engine so new
>>
>>263329604
played the game before it went on early access and i never saw those highlight, probably something in the menu to deactivate
>>
>>263329814
Sennheiser HD598
>>
2hard
>>
>>263330662

Not him but it works fine for me
>>
People don't play it because it has a pretty high learning curve, with lengthy respawn times, on top of the entire fan base is 100x better than you.

I.e. Dota Syndrome

I agree though, the game is fantastic. It is unfortunately destined to obscurity because people can't be fucked to actually get better at online games these days.
>>
>>263330789
It's not hard. Just requires patience. I have no idea why games like this and Red orchestra are claimed hard as all it comes down is to patience.

Counter-strike is fucking hard at high level, you require:

>Awareness
>Patience
>CONSISTENT aiming
>Lighting fast reflexes
>>
File: 1408298747295.jpg (927KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1408298747295.jpg
927KB, 1920x1200px
Played it when it was on free weekend, it felt like a watered down Project Reality imo. Kind of disappointing.
>>
hackerdom shit
>>
>>263323171
I played Insurgency years ago (4-5?). Now I suddenly want to play it again. Is there still a free version with servers to play on?
>>
File: neotokyo_recon_nsf.jpg (147KB, 1500x937px) Image search: [Google]
neotokyo_recon_nsf.jpg
147KB, 1500x937px
>>
>>263332738
>tfw PR2 will never be finished
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.