[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
>favorite game
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 26
File: 1408495082420.png (415 KB, 2800x2100) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1408495082420.png
415 KB, 2800x2100
>favorite game
>favorite philosopher

Thief TDP
Kierkegaard
>>
>>262964234
I hate video games and I'm not a nerd lmao
>>
>Perfect Dark
>Diderot

Surprises me that fucking Rousseau is on there but not Voltaire or Montesquieu.
>>
>>262964234
Monster Hunter.
Socrates.

That guy had swag, yo.
>>
>>262964234
>all white men
k
>>
>Bioshock
>Ayn Rand
>>
>>262966937
There were non-white philosophers, they just didn't identify themselves as that. They are also not very popular.
>>
Reminder that Hegel, Marx, Nietzsche, Stirner and Sartre are all hacks
>>
>>262964234
>Kierkegaard
Muh nigga
>no cadmus
>>
File: 1394230352677.gif (978 KB, 154x154) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1394230352677.gif
978 KB, 154x154
>>262967369
>Unironically liking Nietzsche
>Ever
Whenever I see some edgy nigger talking about him and how nihilist they are because life makes no sense and nothing matter, I crack up.
>>
Dwarf Fortress
Marx
>>
Binding of Isaac
Bodhidharma
>>
>>262967649
Funny enough I think Nietzsche actually hated nihilism. I mean he was one of the early existentialists (Kierkegaard was the first to come with up the concept) people forget.
>>
Red Alert 2
Foucaut
>>
>>262967369
>>262967649

The key is to separate your mind from thinking philosophy and ideology are the same thing.
>>
>Witcher 2
>Buddha
>>
>>262967649
#notAllNietzscheFans are fucking edgy teenagers misinterpreting the super men like those faggots that murdered a kid in the 40's because they were stronger.
Nietzsche was a radical twist in the cathegoric imperative, that all the actions have to serve as example of perfection, but only the perfect men born like that could do that.
Just focus on the idiots that like ayn rand mmm'kay?
>>
File: 1410231849571.png (21 KB, 1821x123) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1410231849571.png
21 KB, 1821x123
>>262968021
Yeah, Nietzsche was vehemently anti-nihilism

The man himself was a genius but I hate the legions of teenagers who skim his Wikipedia page and then go around saying they're the Übermensch (see /v/'s very own Icycalm)
>>
>>262968021
Nietzche absolutely hated nihilism.

Basically he saw nihilism as the 'bad end' for society.
>>
File: 1392089839342.jpg (16 KB, 183x200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1392089839342.jpg
16 KB, 183x200
>>262964234
Do people above the age of 12 seriously use this ancient trash meme?
>>
>>262964234
Mario and Luigi: Superstar saga
Dunno probably Marx? Kinda like his logic, innovative for his time.
>>
Stalker: SoC
Diogenes
>>
Dark Souls
Heidegger
>>
>>262968021
I guess people call him nihilist because he said stuff about god being dead and stuff, which rustles a lot of jimmies since Descartes made some bullshit formal logic to demonstrate he existed and anyone saying the contrary is technically wrong. If God doesn't exist, then nothing makes sense because of faulty assumed logic, therefore why I guess they name him "nihilist".

I didn't exactly like his ideas, but I actually hate anything that has to do with Nietzsche because it is used by edgy self-called nihilist teenagers that want to look deep who didn't read a bit about him. Not the man's fault, though.
>>
Übergame
Anthony Zirbas
>>
File: 1336326050470.gif (2 MB, 176x172) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1336326050470.gif
2 MB, 176x172
>>262968740
>like I said in the previous sentence
>like I said in the previous sentence
>>
>>262964234
civ V
aristotle
I keep at the bases
>>
File: 58.png (109 KB, 410x347) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
58.png
109 KB, 410x347
>>262967126
heh
>>
Artificial Academy 2
Descartes
>>
>>262964234
>Star Control 2
>Cicero
>>
>>262970087
Literally patrician
>>
>>262964234

>Don't make me pick
>That image is shit because it lacks Stirner
>>
>>262969337
>Since I can imagine fantastical things, God exists.

God dammit, Descartes.
>>
I wish I knew more about philosophy. I just read The Stranger and parts of Myth of Sisyphus and smoked weed. My life has been pretty vapid.
>>
>>262970259
Stirner is a spook.
>>
Fallout: New Vegas
Eric Voegelin
>>
>>262970579
Peep the annotated works of Plato/Aristotle if you wanna dig deeper m8
>>
>>262967369

>He doesn't like egoism

Look at this giant faggot.
>>
>>262970889
voluntary egoism is a spook
>>
>>262964234
>warcraft 3
>Descartes
not because of some faggy meme either, man had some interesting ideas
>>
>>262970273
Thing is, Descartes demonstrated correctly everything until that point. He literally questioned everything and the "cogito, ergo sum" deduction is pretty flawless. However, he fucked up from there. The whole evil spirit shit is just a quick way to demonstrate the existence of God, since it is an unnecessary check (nobody can trick you into thinking you exist while you don't, that's stupid).

Also, he assumed ideas like infinite are fully understood by the human mind, and not just emulated. I don't think humans can grasp infinity, just indefinite loops and big-ass numbers.
>>
>>262970882
and if you like them never EVER read socrates if you don't want to rage hard
>>
>>262971058

Freedom through equal oppression is a spook.
>>
>>262964234
What is the name of this meme?
I need a template.
>>
>>262971234
Why? Socrates was a total bro, and Plato's ideas are like flawed fanfiction versions of his ideas.
>>
>>262971214
i can grasp infinite
once a calculus teacher told us that thinking and visualizing a n-dimensional space was easy, just think about a 3 dimensional space and then extrapolate to n
so i did it when n tends to infinite and im sill processing
>>
>>262970579
take a community college class about philosophy
you learn the basics of each big philosopher then you can move from there. delve deeper into who you want too
>>
>bakunin facing the wrong way

ha
>>
>>262971625
And if you like socrates plato and aristotle will make you rage, they are un-counciliable
>>
So in my Soc 111 book right after my author finishes getting done sucking marx's dick he then talks about this dude named Max Weber for like a paragraph. He was basically a critic of people like Marx that said "Hey why dont we all try to be objective, and, yknow, sane."

Dont know if he counts but hes my favorite person ive learned about in Sociology.

Also Banjo Kazooie for the favorite
>>
>>262971747
>still processing
Endless loop, m8. You forgot about those breaks.
>>
>>262964234

>Splinter Cell
>Derrida
>>
>>262971214
For his time era he was un fucking touchable. His logic was sound, and at the time there was a rift between science and the Church. By him using rational logic (even if it gets loopy by today's standards) for the proof of God, he basically gave the literate world the equivalent of "Christians 1, Others 0."

It was interesting being in Philosophy 101 and seeing college kids from all spectrums trying to attack Descartes's shit and getting frustrated trying to go around his logic.
>>
>>262966937

>French Algerian Jew
>"White Man"
>>
kongzi
dynasty warriors
>>
>>262971181
My favorite being Give her the D
>>
>>262967649

>life makes no sense and nothing matter

Nietzsche isn't even unique in that regard, Cynics were on that shit millennia before he showed up.
>>
>>262964234
La-Mulana
Diogenes.
>>
>>262972119
>It was interesting being in Philosophy 101
I tried doing this too. The only rebuttal I got from the teacher was along the lines of "he is a philosopher, you aren't".

Seriously tho, it isn't hard to demolish his logic when all he says is "if God is perfect, he has to exist". I have seen troll religion threads bringing up better points.
>>
>>262968740

>Not getting that she was degrading herself both physically and intellectually

Truly Sasha Grey is on another level from us
>>
Team Fortress 2
Zizek
>>
Far Cry 2
Friedrich Nietzsche
>>
>>262970579

Camus isn't a philosopher, he's a novelist.

Might as well call Orwell a philosopher.
>>
I like diogenes because he was the ancient version of a shitposter. only instead of shitposting he literally shit on the streets.
>>
File: A BOM.jpg (4 KB, 83x100) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
A BOM.jpg
4 KB, 83x100
>>262964234
>Nobody likes the Jesus

Dude Sex
Jesus
>>
Insurgency
Aflaq
>>
>>262964234

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.

I've recently become something of a Kantian. Although, even though he may not count, my favorite by far would be Dostoevsky.
>>
File: devito.jpg (30 KB, 456x620) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
devito.jpg
30 KB, 456x620
Grand Theft Auto 3
Jean Baudrillard
>>
>>262971908
>the wrong way
>the wrong
you wish
>>
>>262973004
Actually Diogenes has nothing to do with people with Diogenes's syndrome. He just lived like a hobo with as less properties as possible, totally the opposite of a garbage collecting person.
>>
>>262964234
Brawl
Epicurus, maybe Frankl
>>
>>262964234
victoria 2
marcus aurelius.

nietzche and the uberman can eat shit.
>>
>>262972653
Yes, but in Philosophy, you have to use actual logic. Speaking from Meditations, all of "if x then y" logic he uses in it is sound. Shouting YEAH WELL EXPLAIN DINOSAURS may seem like it's making a point against intelligent design, but it's not using Descartes's logic. If x then y is not demolished by saying Well y sometimes z.
>>
>>262964234
>Warcraft 3
>Cicero

Close seconds are Socrates and Agustine. I personally wouldn't count Jesus on that chart either.
>>
>>262964234

>S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call of Pripyat
>Alan Watts
>>
>>262973918
>Jesus on that chart either.
fuck off.
>>
>>262973241
you mean he didn't really jack off in public and shit wherever?
>>
>>262974121
Nigga if you're going to defend Jesus you at least need to adopt his philosophy.

Be accepting of other people's opinions and respectfully introduce your own. AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
>>
Link's Awakening
Nietzche
>>
File: best korea.jpg (7 KB, 149x178) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
best korea.jpg
7 KB, 149x178
>>262964234
SMAC

Immanuel Kant. Leibniz is a close second.
>>
>>262974635
>implying I'm a jesusfag
nice try fuccboi.
>>
MGS3
Johnny $. Mill
>>
File: 1403847466488.jpg (65 KB, 555x503) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1403847466488.jpg
65 KB, 555x503
The original /v/irgin.
>>
>>262975131
Nigga I will debate you
I want to hear your opinions
>>
>>262973004
Shit dude, read some Voltaire. He really was a shitposter. His encyclopedia is easy to digest, and it's basically just

>idea
>giant wall of sarcastic text
>idea is shit

All of the men of letters are like OMG DEMOCRACY and SELF DETERMINATION. They're all writing letters to each other, worshipping Voltaire and Voltaire is like

>lol I'm a monarchist, fags

And then he assblasted Rousseau. Other philosophes like Diderot, d'Holbach, and d'Alembert in particular were criticizing Emile and Rousseau being a sperg and Voltaire is again basically like

>Rousseau
>not a hypocritical fag

And then all the other philosophes collectively shouted BTFO at Rousseau citing Voltaire's wisdom.
>>
>>262975352
opinions about what?
>>
>>262975525
Jesus
Which anon are you even
>>
>>262971972
Max Weber is the shit man
>>
File: 1348380946895.jpg (107 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1348380946895.jpg
107 KB, 1280x720
>liking Socrates, Plato, or Aristotle
>>
>>262974635
He doesn't have to defend it he has to state it.
Jesus believed in a life of material poverty, that the world was corrupt and worthless, and that true happiness would be found in receding from it and to God. Happiness to him was not of this earth. Given the influence this aesthetic philosophy had on the world, i'd say he definitely belongs on there.
>>
Katamari Damacy
Camus
>>
>>262975668
jesus was cool.
>>
>tfw I don't know shit about any philosopher or whatever they said

Sometimes I wonder if all my knowledge of useless trivia made me forget to learn more important things.
>>
>>262974121
I don't think he was a philosopher. He didn't study the world, he came here to save us. From a fundamentally christian standpoint Jesus is less of a Philosopher more of a religious teacher or guide.

However my stance may be stupid and I may be classifying philosophy all wrong.
>>
>>262975668
>>262973918
>>262974635

>2014
>not realising the lord is the light
I hope you don't wear fedoras.
>>
>>262976241
Moral philosophy is still philosophy. Just because Jesus didn't talk about metaphysics or epistemology doesn't mean he wasn't a philosopher.
>>
>>262964234
Doom
Jaden Smith
>>
>>262964234
Fallout NV.
Nietzsche
>>
>>262976256
>>262976241
It wouldn't go well with my Saint Michael medallion.
>>
>>262975784
Ye' nigga.
One day you will die, even if there weren't an afterlife he would be correct in assuming one should be compassionate and charitable to others-- as it is a matter of survival; or else the world would eventually fall to entropy due to war and greed.
>>
>>262975718
>2mainstream4me : the post

Anyway, Nietzsche & Catherine for me
>>
>>262976241
>He didn't study the world
>the world
>study
>philosopher
>>
Metal Gear Solid 2
Hideo Kojima
>>
>>262976451
They're not just mainstream, they're wrong about everything.
>>
>>262976241
Jesus may not technically be a philosopher, but what he produced is pretty much philosophy.
>>
File: no one cares.png (72 KB, 465x219) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
no one cares.png
72 KB, 465x219
Metroid Prime
Descartes.
>>
>>262976074
>philosophy
>not useless trivia

Nah, it's just something people build egotism for knowing. Sort of like talking to a hipster about music, but more intelligent. I love philosophy to death, but I'll also admit it's useless in a utilitarian mindset and is basically sports talk banter for people who like it.

90% of Philosophy conversations go as follows
>hey, do you x book from x author?
>no, but have you read y book from y author?
>no, but x author said x
>oh, that's cool, but y author said y
>>
>>262964234
idk maybe M&B
Voltaire
>>
>>262976661
If he produces philosophy, then wouldn't that technically make him a philosopher?
>>
File: 1409324769877.gif (499 KB, 464x348) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1409324769877.gif
499 KB, 464x348
>>262976386
>didn't talk about metaphysics
>>
>>262976580
>Implying Socrates wasn't the original gangsta

straight up busta
>>
>>262964234
>/v/ knows this much about pholosophy aka total wankery that's not useful
no wonder this place is shit, call me back when all of you philosofags can into logic and reason.
who /STEM/ masterrace here?
>>
>>262976823
>it's useless in a utilitarian mindset

>judging anything in a utilitarian mindset

Fucking disgusting, jesus christ
>>
>>262968021
Nietzche is basically "Anti-Nihilist"
>in b4 TV tropes
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheAntiNihilist

Basically, life is devoid of meaning but helping others not for reward or moral responsibility but because it's in your nature to do so is the ultimate human being.

Favorite video game would probably be Ocarina of Time

Favorite Philosopher is probably Nietzche although Wittgenstein and Popper are close seconds.
>>
>philosophy

glorified mid-shower thinkers
>>
>>262977142
>proving my point
>>
>Montaigne
>Warband
>>
>>262977142
this.
materialists BTFO

B T F O
T
F
O
>>
Gothic 2 and Heidegger.
>>
>>262964234
>Dark Souls
>Singer
just cause he's the only one on that picture that i actually studied in detail
>>
ITT: people with worthless degrees and no job
>>
>>262977409

your point is fucking shit, m8.

Not thinking about philosophy essentially means not thinking about how you act beyond "does it feel good and will I get in trouble for it," and that's a big no no.
>>
>>262977854
>liking Philosophy = getting a degree in it.
>>
>>262977189

Pretty good anon, first person here to have a clue what Nietzsche was actually about.
>>
>>262977854
>I wish that I didn't work so hard and get rewarded so little.
>>
>>262977539
fucking nazi confirmed
>>
>>262977115
>not being STEM and having broadened horizons on other topics
>>
Anyone who doesn't choose Machiavelli is a pussy
>>
Custom Robo
If Camus is considered a philosopher, him. If not, Nietzsche.
>>
>>262977189
>>262978069

But isn't "our nature" too tied up in biology for Nietzsche to be valid?

We can't will our nature to be different, it's tied to our status as humans. Kant says "be good because you're supposed to" and that makes much more sense to me.
>>
>>262978663
>We can't will our nature to be different
What the fuck is free will you nigger
>>
File: mustache.jpg (113 KB, 858x472) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
mustache.jpg
113 KB, 858x472
>>262977940
Like I said, I do love philosophy, but my point of it being a lot of egotism is made pretty clear by your sperg out. Utilitarianism was simply brought up because the guy I was replying to felt insecure about being ignorant of a lot of philosophy, but it really isn't needed or approached formally by a huge majority of humans, and yet society still functions.
>>
Russell
Earthbound
>>
>>262964234
Kirby Super Star Ultra
John Stuart Mill
>>
Eve Online
Aristotle, special mention for Hayek.

If I could go back in time and kill one person, it would be Immanuel Kant
>>
>>262978663
That's why he was saying it is a being beyond our will and comprehension, basically to be an Ubermensch, you can't be Human. Your instinctual drive to help others is the same as our drive to eat, breathe, and sleep. Basically Nietzche is looking at the next philosophical evolution of humans, not humans themselves.
>>
>>262978785

Oh jesus, you're asking for a shitstorm now.

>>262978917
>it's a lot of egotism because you expressed disagreement in a philosophy discussion

k bruv

>>262979212
Fuck you, Kant's my dog.

>>262979230
Then how are we supposed to act?
>>
>>262979569
I will literally eat your skin
>>
>>262979569
Kant is probably the most dangerous man to ever exist. He's a wrecking ball of culture and civilization and he did more damage to humanity than all of the world's greatest dictators combined.
>>
>>262979212
Categorical Imperative: Kill Kant
>>
>>262980004
>Kant is probably the most dangerous man to ever exist. He's a wrecking ball of culture and civilization and he did more damage to humanity than all of the world's greatest dictators combined.

Mind explaining that a little bit?
>>
>>262979569
>Then how are we supposed to act?
Multiple ways to look at it. 1 is just do whatever because you're flawed and that flaw is always present, 2 is try to emulate the Ubermensch as close as possible, but again, it's impossible to completely be that due to our own nature. The second one is basically a response to how do we live in a post-religious world devoid of meaning.
>>
Mercenaries
Locke
>>
>>262980273

And does he provide a whole metaphysical proof of his shit like Kant did, or no?
>>
>>262979569
>disagreeing via memes multiple times to modest posts isn't egotism

Like the smell of your own farts?
>>
>>262979212
>>262980004
What the fuck is wrong with Kant? I don't agree with everything he wrote but he had noble ideals.

>>262980273
I think people overestimate the importance of the Übermensch in Nietzsche's philosophy.

It was only in one book.
>>
>>262980473
I'm not actually sure, it's been awhile since I read Beyond Good and Evil, there's a reason a lot of people consider Nietzche to be more of a prophesier rather than a philosopher.
>>
>140+ replies
>no mention of schoopy doopy doo

Look at this flippant son of a bitch and his contempt for your bullshit

Arthur should be the patron saint of /v/irgins
>>
>>262980728

Personally I've never read Kant beyond Thus Spake Zarathustra when I was still in high school - that's why I was curious.

I gotta read more philosophy in general, really. I've got The Sickness Unto Death lined up, but I'm reading a book my grill gave me about vikings right now.
>>
File: 1382842472996.png (96 KB, 228x227) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1382842472996.png
96 KB, 228x227
Morrowind and Schopenhauer superior race reporting in. You guys can't even conceive how well pessimism and CHIM go together.
>>
>>262981216
You'd like Gnosticism
>>
>>262966091
Voltaire was a playwright that occasionally wrote about philosophy. He's more responsible for innovations in the way that philosophy is discussed rather than any novel ideas.
>>
>>262981520

I already do
>>
>>262981668
This, basically Voltaire is like Orwell or Camus.
>>
>Morrowind
>Hobbes

Hobbesian political philosophy is best-tier. It can't be beat.
>>
>Sengoku Rance
>De Sade
>>
Pokémon Series
Locke
>>
>>262981668
Yeah, but the OP image already has Darwin, Jesus, Machiavelli and Augustine and none of them are strictly philosophers.

Augustine was great by the way, best christfag ever aside from Kookyguard
>>
>>262966937
Beauvoir was a grill m80

She was one of the few feminists with some good ideas (although her and google eyes were apparently garbage human beings)
>>
File: DOOOOM.gif (525 KB, 254x278) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
DOOOOM.gif
525 KB, 254x278
>Metal Gear Solid 3
>Machiavelli
>>
>>262966937
>Jesus
>Avicena
>White
>>
>>262980646
He ham stringed reason more than any other man in history. He told us that our "phenomenal" world was not reality, but a twisted distortion of it. He told us that we we are incapable of knowing or understanding reality, because our consciousness is limited to a specific nature, and that consciousness perceives by specific means that are not capable of perceiving the "noumenal", that which has to be believed, rather than observed or understood.

Therefore, our consciousness is not valid by virtue of the fact that we cannot observe reality. We are blind because we have eyes. We are deaf because we have ears. And the things we perceive do not exist, because we perceive them.

His virtues are based not on value, but on the negation of such. A man who volunteers or donates to charity cannot claim morality if he enjoys doing so, because the act benefits him through his happiness. Morality can ONLY exist in the man who sacrifices his own well being/happiness. In order to be moral, it is not enough that others gain, but you must lose.

I have therefore found it necessary to deny knowledge, in order to make room for faith.”
-Kant
>>
>>262983281

>implying Arabs aren't white
>>
>>262964234
>Super Deep Throat
>Descartes
>>
>>262983426

Well, he's right. You can't be 100% sure of the things you perceive. No one today believes you can.

>Morality can ONLY exist in the man who sacrifices his own well being/happiness.

You don't agree that a man who takes no pleasure in doing good, yet only does good, is a more "moral" man than one who enjoys every good act he does?
>>
>>262983505
>Arabs
>White
>>
>>262984092

If they're not white, then what are they?
>>
Heidegger

dota 2; almost exclusively invoker
>>
>>262984536
ARABIC
>>
>>262984536
Sandniggers
just fucking with ya, I'm Egyptian
>>
>>262981216
i can imagine quite well, it doesn't seem like a bad combo.
>>
>>262984714

So there's white, black, asian, and Arab?


>>262984879
>implying I'm not also Egyptian
>>
>>262984021
> No one today believes you can.
You proved my point. No sane person on earth would believe this if Kant hadn't come along and closed the door on reason. Kant is the reason we aren't flying through space and fucking robots. He cut our legs off right as humanity was about to transcend the constraints of faith.

Existence exists. I see a poster infront of me, it is framed in glass. That poster and that frame exists. They have value, they are made of atoms. If every living being in the universe died tomorrow, that poster would still be there. Observation and perception are what allow us to experience reality, but reality goes on existing without us. Every single philosophy that purports to be able to prove that you, or anything else you perceive doesn't exist stems from Kant and his poisonous fucking metaphysicality.

And no, I don't agree. At the very least, they can claim the same moral credit. And I would argue the man who enjoys what he is doing is more moral because he is creating value for both others and himself. But I'm not going into that argument here.
>>
>>262985115
Einstein sited Kant as one of his inspirations for being able to think outside the box.

Kant didn't shut the door end all be all on reason. he shut the door on the final word of reason, and "faith" for Kant is not your colloquial peasant's faith; rather its what you are left with after you logically give up pure reason.

Kant is not alone in coming to this conclusion its not the "excuse for faith in god" or the excuse for post modern bullshit people often think it is.

Kant is too misunderstood to read a wiki page on his work and get it. thats not an insult its a general statement.
>>
Dont think im not recognizing that this is a thinly veiled /lit/ thread OP.

Ill play along

> Fallout new vegas
> Adam Smith

I like the idea of leaving the market the fuck alone. Surprised the picture doesnt have keynes, as there is both Lenin and Marx.
>>
>>262985002
>So there's white, black, asian, and Arab?
Well then where the fuck do Mexicans fit?
>>
>>262985115
>Existence exists. I see a poster infront of me, it is framed in glass. That poster and that frame exists

Kant doesn't say that the poster doesn't exist. He says since we're only able to perceive it through our sense of sight, we can't be sure we necessarily know everything there is to know about it - at least, that's been my understanding of it.


As for the "man who likes doing good v. man who hates doing good" thing, I'd argue that, as long as the man who enjoys doing good is intending to do good for good's sake and not for his own enjoyment, they're both good.
>>
>>262986156
>where do Mexicans fit?
Well, about 50 of them can fit in a pickup truck so....
>>
>>262985870
I've read his shit and it disturbed the hell out of me.

I hear a lot of people defending it by saying "oh, that's not what he meant" or "He's just misunderstood, he didn't really mean it like that."

He absolutely did.
>>
>>262986156

Uh, Arab, maybe?
>>
>Metal Gear Solid 3
Carl Jung

How the fuck is Freud on there but not Jung?
>>
File: 1393797272734.jpg (146 KB, 576x635) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1393797272734.jpg
146 KB, 576x635
>>262986576
Are you arguing that Kant's thought boils down to solipsism?

>>262986090
>tfw /v/ discusses philosophy with more civility than /lit/

You guys never stop surprising me
>>
File: absolutely haraam.jpg (71 KB, 531x471) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
absolutely haraam.jpg
71 KB, 531x471
>>262987014
>Carl Jung
>Freud
>Psychology as a field

Neuroscience or bust, faggot.
>>
>>262987161
To be fair, Jung is a bit more credible than Freud. Freud was just first and more popular.
>>
>caring about philosophy

video games
>>
>Wind Waker
MICHAEL KIRKBRIDE
>>
>>262987325
>credible
>psychology

see

>>262987161
>>
>>262987578
I'm a Biologist with an interest in Neurology, I still stand by my point.
>>
>>262987578
>credible
>4chan
>>
>>262987145
No, I'm arguing that Kant's thought boils down to the single most insidious, destructive, and knowingly perpetrated façade ever conceived. He's a James Bond villain, except he actually won.

He stopped us.

He stopped mankind.

And he laughed at us on his deathbed.
>>
>>262983732
underrated toast
>>
>>262987891
>He stopped us.
>He stopped mankind.

Shit, you're right, technology stopped advancing upon his death.
>>
>>262964234
Chrono Trigger
Beauvoir and Sartre. They were classy people.

I've actually had a grill straight up tell me that Beauvoir is a respectable philosopher and an important feminist.

I couldn't stop laughing.
>>
>>262987891
Okay, you're rusing then.

I should've assumed that when you claimed HE killed logic and not any of the dozens of metaphysicists or theologians that came before him.
>>
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Ayn Rand
>>
>>262988431
Not rusing. And I never said he killed logic, because he didn't. He simply did as complete a job of imprisoning/hamstringing it as anyone could possibly hope to do.
>>
Fire Emblem: Rekka No Ken
Machiavelli.
>>
>>262964234
Viewtiful Joe
Camus
>>
File: TophCos.jpg (350 KB, 800x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
TophCos.jpg
350 KB, 800x600
>>262964234

I always wanted a toph version of whatever this meme is called
>>
>>262991140
i want to cum on toph's soles.
>>
>>262964234
> 2014
> not maining Hayek

the guy isn't even a philosopher
and yet he still taught me more about life, society and evolution than anyone else

>>262979212
ma nigga
>>
File: 1409719350592.png (430 KB, 352x515) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1409719350592.png
430 KB, 352x515
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Milton Friedman (special mention: Hayek, Mises)
>>
File: Kierkegaard.jpg (15 KB, 229x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Kierkegaard.jpg
15 KB, 229x300
>People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.

Democracyfags

B T F O
>>
>LoK Defiance (Like the entirety of the series, but I played it backwards so this game has the honor of being the one I liked the most)
>Camus
>>
>>262969203
my nigga
>>
File: my keynes when.jpg (35 KB, 250x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
my keynes when.jpg
35 KB, 250x300
>>262991961
Hayek is an ultra nerd faggot
>>
File: zzzzzzzzz.gif (1 MB, 407x641) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
zzzzzzzzz.gif
1 MB, 407x641
I like Marx's theory of Historical Materialism
>>
File: 1388902284748.jpg (62 KB, 324x484) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1388902284748.jpg
62 KB, 324x484
>Timesplitters 2
>Aristotle
>>
>Hybrid Heaven
>none
Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 26
Thread DB ID: 13219



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.