[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>no leveling, no regenerating health, no perks, no cover systems,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 21

File: Toxikk-1-600x337.jpg (70KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
Toxikk-1-600x337.jpg
70KB, 600x337px
>no leveling, no regenerating health, no perks, no cover systems, no classes, no configurable weapons, and no iron-sight aiming
>Toxikk allows for "fast and precise movement," thanks to "deeply configurable" mouse controls
>you will respawn with a melee weapon and basic pistol, nothing more
>Toxikk is a paid game, and you can pre-purchase a copy today from Reakktor for $15. Though free-to-play is a rising trend on PC, Reakktor wants nothing to do with this business model.
>"A true arena FPS requires all player characters to have equal stats and the availability of all weapons to everyone. Always! The skill of a player should be the only deciding factor about victory or defeat. Allowing players to buy different (i.e. better) weapons or to permanently boost their stats does totally contradict the idea of classic arena FPS gaming in our opinion
>We believe that shooters are meant to be played with mouse and keyboard. That's why Toxikk is exclusively designed for PC. At this point, we do not intend to port the game to any other platform
>Reakktor is launching Toxikk all on its own, without a publisher. According to Reakktor, that means it does not have access to a marketing team to help promote the game. The developer hopes that fans will spread the word about Toxikk to make the game a success.

Buy.This.Game.

I cannot stress this enough.

I don't care one bit if it sucks, I don't care if you don't like it, I don't care if you don't want an arena shooter.

This game is literally giving the power back to the gamers, it is a developer creating something we have said we WANT, it has no marketing team, it does NOT sell out for money, the developer has an idea and principles and sticks to them.

BUY IT for gods sake, BUY IT so we can stop crappy marketing ideas, games created by execs who have never used their macbook pro for anything else than facebook chat, please /v/, buy it so we can save gaming by showing devs THIS is the way, even if this isn't the perfect game.
>>
>>262489862

This looks cool. Too bad about the whole viral marketing thing, now I won't buy it out of spite.
>>
>>262489862
>I don't care one bit if it sucks, I don't care if you don't like it, I don't care if you don't want an arena shooter.
>This game is literally giving the power back to the gamers, it is a developer creating something we have said we WANT,

i said i wanted a good arena shooter though
>>
>>262490114
I really don't think there's any viral MARKETING, it's just a bunch of us trying to make this, as a cure for modern gaming, viral. Free of charge.

That's the whole point, modern games and strategies for marketing have made us all feel so paranoid, you'll all think I'm shilling here and not buy it out of spite.

But goddamnit, if a game proves successful without resorting to these strategies, it's a goddamn start....
>>
There have already been loads of arena shooters though, and they all died because people just play Quake. The trailer for this was kinda silly too, it didn't really say what it does do, it just named things from other game that it won't do. Aesthetically it looks like Halo, and does it really need vehicles? The name is pretty awful too, but I suppose that's subjective
>>
>>262490204
What's that you just said?

Good arena shooter you say?

But the guy in the black suit giving the powerpoint presentation says YOU want another CoD game.
>>
>>262489862
It's going to end like Strike Vector.
>>
I'm not buying it because of all these poor viral marketing attempts :^)
>>
>>262490438
Hence why I went:

>I don't care one bit if it sucks, I don't care if you don't like it, I don't care if you don't want an arena shooter.

>This game is literally giving the power back to the gamers, it is a developer creating something we have said we WANT, it has no marketing team, it does NOT sell out for money, the developer has an idea and principles and sticks to them.

15 dollars, 10 pounds, around 11 euros - the price for sticking it up the arse of the big video game devs and companies and shit.
>>
File: 1384466286006.png (23KB, 213x214px) Image search: [Google]
1384466286006.png
23KB, 213x214px
>Literally no fucks given.
>>
im looking forward to it, im hopeful about most games though
>>
I thought that game looked neat, but one thing they messed up on is that awful name. I was trying to remember what it was called a while ago and I couldn't remember that horrible name for the life of me.
>>
How much do you get paid?
>>
i'd buy it, if it wasn't for the god awful name

what the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>262490114
>viral marketing
>first fucking thread I see

You're made of moron.
>>
>>262489862
Sounds fun I'll buy it.
>>
>>262490583

That's kind of a silly angle. "So maybe it sucks, and maybe you don't even want to play it. But if you give them 15 bucks you're sticking it to the man!"

I don't really see how vehicles fit into classic arena shooters either
>>
>>262489862

>Buy a shit game cos it's contrarian instead of progressive and STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE
>Not telling people to learn how to make video games and form teams to make games we really want.
>>
>>262490658
Let met help you with other awful names:

Doom
Quake
Hexen
Unreal
Halo
Marathon
>>
>>262490752
>>262490114
Shouldn't it be Toxikk marketing ?
>>
>we're going to make a game that adds nothing new to arena fps and hope people buy it out of nostalgia
>>
>No perks

Fuck you
>>
So they are putting minimal effort into the game to be as alike to old as fuck games as possible and then verbally masturbating PC elitists?
>>
>>262490839

None of those are on the same level. Toxikk sounds like the handle of some kid on xbox live who makes dubstep montages of cod
>>
>>262490784
It's not sticking it to the man, it's 15 bucks for showing them how shit should be done. Honestly, I'm not saying donate the money, I'm just saying give this game 10 times the chance you'd give other games because of the message it gives.

>>262490815
>Not telling people to learn how to make video games and form teams to make games we want.

How's that going for you? Enjoying Destiny?

Only thing these people care about is money. The ONLY thing.
>>
Here's the thing; it has all of those nice little bullet points to put on the box, but it won't actually be good. It'll have good intentions but will generally be very poorly tuned, and even outright buggy. It's like every no-name game that touts itself as a revival of some old giant.
>>
>>262490839

>Doom
>Actual noun
>Quake
>Actual noun
>Hexen
>Beyond Heretic
>Unreal
>Actual adjective
>Halo
>Actual noun
>Marathon
>Literally what
>>
File: 1767-3052503992-82907.jpg (32KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
1767-3052503992-82907.jpg
32KB, 450x338px
>>262490723
>>
>>262490204
OH MY GOD STOP BEING SO ENTITLED
>>
Devs seem like bretty cool guys.

I'll keep an eye on this and buy it if it seems fun
>>
>>262491102

Pretty much. Toxikk is a very meta name
>>
It's gonna be Brink 2.0
>>
>>262489862

sorry anon i already play CS:GO

i've at the zenith of FPS, don't need a quake 3 knock off atm
>>
>>262491148
Do you think Toxic isn't a fucking word you giant retard?
>>
>>262491146

>it's 15 bucks for showing them how shit should be done

But if it's not actually good? Needs more than good intentions to be worth money
>>
>>262490968
>>262491102
>>262491147
I get yoú - I really do. But honestly, I'm not focused on the "back to oldschool" stuff.

I'm focused on the part where they don't do marketing, they don't sell on console just because it makes more money and they don't pander to the main demographic just because it gives them more money (face it, the main demographic for FPS games is 8-16). That's a huge leap to the right direction for gaming.

I, personally, don't really want this and feel like it's just going to be another Duke Nukem sort of failure. But the new UT will be released soon, with marketing and all the crap of modern games and I really want (even if its not going to happen) this to outsell it massively, so the next FPS thats made is made properly.
>>
>>262491146

>I WANT X VIDEO GAME
>NO YOU DON'T YOU WANT MONEY COS EVERYONE ONLY WANTS MONEY

What
A shit ton of developers want to make games. A lot don't want part time jobs because they don't want to struggle living alone as if they don't have a family to help them actually survive.
>>
>>262491404

Not when it's spelled with two k's
>>
>Destiny sucks it does nothing new
>Guys this game will be amazing because it does nothing new!
>>
I wish the devs would stop peddling this shit here

You lost all credibility when the first trailer said skill based gameplay and then showed a gun that killed 10 people without needing to aim
>>
>>262491404

Toxic is
Toxikk isn't.

Nice bait though I replied
>>
>>262490839

if it was just called Toxic you might have a point, but even then it's not a great name for an arena shooter unless it revolved around chemical warfare

>Dh00m
>Qwayke
>heCKsin
>UnRaEL
>hello
>M4reuhth4wn

this is what Toxikk looks like
>>
>>262489862
>Buy.This.Game.
Marketers aren't even trying to be subtle anymore.
>>
>>262491463
Does the dev who wants to make a game in the end approve what gets made, when and how? Does he decide what gets funding and what doesn't?

Or does the EA exec in the black suit?
>>
>>262491560
I'd play hello.
>>
>>262489862
that's the edgiest name I've ever seen
>>
>>262491671

Yeah you would
>>
>>262491343

CS:GO

>zenith
>of anything

FUCKING

KEK
>>
>>262489862
>no leveling, no regenerating health, no perks, no cover systems, no classes, no configurable weapons, and no iron-sight aiming
Spectacular. I love purchasing games with absolutely no content because it PLAYS LIKE QUAKE. Nah, nigga. If I want to play Quake I'll fuckin' play Quake.
>>
>>262490752
>>first fucking thread I see
You weren't here when it was announced.
>>
>>262491458

>They don't sell on console just because it makes more money

No they don't sell on console because they don't stand a damn chance against Halo and CoD. On top of that they have to pay money to Microsoft/Sony for every unit shifted. On top of THAT, they have to buy an SDK.
>>
i might preorder once i see more gamepaly videos. theres just 1 debut trailer right now and its not enough to decide. also i kinda want to feel hitboxes/netcode first before deciding

>>262490968
thats still better than taking away FUN, which is what every other shooter nowadays is doing.
look how slow destiny is. fuckign goldeneye 64 had more action fast past combat than it

i'm not even mad even if this were viral marketing because this is only the 2nd thread i've seen in like a month. being told about the existence of a non AAA hyped game once a month doesnt seem very annoying compared to daily dragon age threads so idk what you guys keep goign on about
>>
>>262491560
But you'll let Hexen slide? It's literally not a word.
>>
>>262491695
It sounds fun and welcoming.
>>
>>262491560

it looks like someone's handle that they invented in the dial up era when that kinda shit was cool

unless it actually is a shitty subtle reference to johan quick. in which case thats even shittier
>>
>>262491541
>>262491582
I guess gaming is completely and irreversibly corrupted, see you next year for a new Mass Effect, CoD and Fifa game!
>>
>>262491625

Where the fuck have you came from? Are you literally from 10 years ago?
>>
Me and 3 friends will share the 4 thingy pack. I hope it will be good.
>>
>>262489862
Awwww yisss OP
I'm ready.
>>
>>262491698

>he gets rekt by awp and says its OP

git gud pls
>>
>>262491754
It's an actual word in German.
>>
>>262491754
hexen means witches in german
>>
So what happened to that arena FPS that was focused on esports or some shit? I keep forgetting its name
>>
>>262491726
They could easily sell out to a publisher and make dosh off consoles. The nostalgia bait alone has proven to sell well enough.

That's just my two cents though, you're perfectly right in saying there could be another point there.
>>
>>262491754

It stands for Beyond Heretic though.
It's the only one they picked out that isn't a noun yet is more apt than fucking Marathon

It's also mostly a singleplayer game, more so than Doom, and not a multiplayer game, it can have any proper noun it feels like because of that.
>>
I love /v/. You faggots will whine and complain about modern FPS's, then some guys come along and give you the exact fucking thing you ask for, and you take one look at it and immediately start pissing and shitting your pants. This board is in need of some ritualistic suicide.
>>
I don't mind not having to pay/grind for weapons, but I prefer customizable loadouts to Quake/Unreal style "All weapons show up everywhere on the map and you can hold all weapons at all times" things.

It forces people to specialize a bit more instead of being able to do everything, making things more strategic.
>>
At least be subtle with your ebola marketing, Jesus.
>>
>>262491935
Shootmania?
Nobody gave a shit about it and it tanked.
>>
>>262491903
hexen and whores amirite
>>
File: Sonic, New.jpg (22KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic, New.jpg
22KB, 500x358px
>>262489862
>tfw all the arena fighter revivals are soulless, characterless affairs with the most by-the-books generic design
I like arena fighters but this paint-by-numbers sci-fi bullshit is why nobody outside of the same 28 community members ever gives a shit about them

bring something fucking unique to the table
>>
>>262489862
>New arena FPS that isn't pay2win or subscription shit
Fucking FINALLY holy shit.
>>
>>262491996
What if weapons are on the map, but you still need to specialize due to only being able to carry a limited amount of weapons? ala Halo
>>
>>262489862
>Buy.This.Game

Holy fucking shit, kill yourself.
>>
>>262492049
do you have a list or something? i can't come up with any recent arena shooters
>>
>The skill of a player should be the only deciding factor about victory or defeat

don't you know hardcore gamers are a thing of the past? expecting the younger kids who are just filthy fucking casuals to understand much less use their parents money to buy this is ridiculous

I just wish I was brave enough to do what's right, like how Toxikk is
>>
I wish people would fuck off with trying to revitalize the arena shooter.

It was killed off YEARS ago by Counter Strike. And it has NEVER recovered and NEVER will.

Put the shit to rest. Please god stop trying to keep it alive somehow.
>>
>>262489862
>Buy.This.Game.
>I cannot stress this enough.
Nope. How many times have you heard a company doing something "good", following all the old rules and it just turns out shit?

Besides, I'm not into it. I'll just keep playing good ol' DOOM and stuff.
>>
>>262492097

That's alright but I like the idea of still being able to have at least one of the weapons of your choice when you spawn.
>>
It sounds neat. Like someone's trying to take the fun and frantic nature of arena shooter FFAs and introduce it to the new generation.
>>
>>262491996
If I get this game right, it's quite fast paced and you'll rarely be able to pick up more than 1-2 weapons per respawn.

Idk though, gotta see a trailer or demo first.
>>
>>262492006
Naw it was something else, I remember hearing about it years ago but never heard any more about it

It wasn't that CryEngine Nexuiz game either
>>
>>262489862
We have Xonotic (once it hits 1.0) and Unreal Tournament 2014 to look forward to and now we have this?
>>
>>262492006
This is why I'm glad video games are being completely ruined by Triple A shit, and the whole industry is going to collapse. The same shitters that complain about games being ripoffs and indieshits then go on to gobble up every single Call of Duty clone available, then continue complaining about everything is all soulless and a cash-in. They reap the shit they sowed.
>>
>Buy.This.Game.

You could always just buy advertising and it would be less cringeworthy
>>
>>262492142

he used a picture of sonic to get a point across, I wouldn't hold my breath for any non-casual shit to fall out of his mouth

capcha: ssierdi honest
>>
>>262492143
>>The skill of a player should be the only deciding factor about victory or defeat

every FPS that doesnt have customisable load outs fit this description tho
>>
I'm just going to wait for the new Tribes.
>>
>>262491994

it's not like quake 3 stopped existing

if i want to play a good arena shooter, i'll play that

the question remains however if this will end up being a step forward or a step backward for the arena shooter genre, and it's definitely not something i'm going to buy on impulse, so i'll just wait for a demo
>>
Good job OP. You managed to post a promising game in a dead genre that a lot of /v/ wanted in such a way that makes everyone that wants it look like shills.

You stupid fucking cunt.
>>
File: 1410106207191.gif (754KB, 149x175px) Image search: [Google]
1410106207191.gif
754KB, 149x175px
When's the PS4 version?

Oh, guess you hate money.
>>
>>262492340
You're on /v/, no one plays video games here.
>>
>>262491560
You know what, anon

I'd play an arena shooter, or any game really, based around chemical warfare. Not a lot of games have explored that, if not none.
>>
>>262492248
You can't just expect to make a super-hardcore shooter these days and expect people, there has to be a compromise.
I didn't expect casuals to pick up a game where you're just playing as a flying cursor.
>>
>>262490676
He does it for free.
>>
>>262492406
Stop trying so hard to fit in.
>>
File: typical cows.jpg (211KB, 514x640px) Image search: [Google]
typical cows.jpg
211KB, 514x640px
>>262492142
well theere's this, there was hard reset, there's that super ultra generic instagib one by the trackmania guys (shootmania I think) then there's ones like nexuiz and warsow (warsow comes closest to having a style of its own), and I know I'm missing at least one more it's on the tip of my fucking tongue.
>>
>>262492481
I'll never fit in, I love video games.
>>
>>262492340
Eh who cares, it's not like there was any hope....

Do you honestly think these people won't complain about the soulless, corporate nature of gaming and then just gobble up the CoD clones, keep pissing and shitting on games like this and go back to complaining there's no soul, no principle in video gaming any more?
>>
>>262492340
Making new arena shooters is pointless when there is absolutely nothing done to make it look any different from the Quake and UT that we already have.
>>
It looks cool. I hope it doesnt bomb
>>
>>262492297

Customizable loadouts are fine as long as everything is balanced. When you have two guns that are identical but one is gold and does more damage then it's a problem.

But if all the weapons are available to everyone to customize then it's fine. Whether you killed that guy with the rocket launcher you picked up or the rocket launcher you spawned with you used the same amount of skill.
>>
>>262489862
>having to pay to host servers and make clans in a game supposedly "without dlc and hidden costs"
>>
>>262492510
Quake Live, which just recently got casualized.
>>
>>262492510
Since when does anyone play warsow except for racing?
>>
>>262489862
The only thing I can think of while watching the trailer is "Halo"
And I don't know if that is a good thing or not
>>
>>262492142
Nexiuz
Nuclear Dawn
Section 8: Prejudice
>>
>>262492510
Loadout, which is TF2trash
>>
>>262492543

You're so passive aggressive
>>
>>262491994
>balance, gunplay and level design can be perfectly accessed from a couple of trailers
All I see is a bunch of promises and blandest designs imaginable.
>>
>>262492665
Loadout isn't even close to an arena shooter.
>>
>>262489862
Viral as fuck.

The entire marketing campaign laid out in one post and explicit instructions to buy the game.
>>
>>262492545
>the Quake and UT that we already have.
Quake just got shrekt
>>
Yeah man. Totally gonna get it, just like I got RoTT '13, with promise of old-school arena shooting and it totally not going wrong!
>>
>>262492562
Dedicated servers are not free, you P2P mongoloid.

And the clans part I guess it's to pay for the attempt at developing a competitive community they're doing.
>>
>TOXIKK SO SIKK BRO CANT WAIT TO STICK THAT IN MY MLG MONTAGE

looks good but holy shit what a dumb name
>>
>>262489862
nice try op
why dont you also mention that your game requires people to pay to host servers and clans/groups including admin rights on servers.

>>262492801
you have to pay to HOST YOUR OWN SERVER
and if you dont PAY for admin priviliges you cant configure it beyond a small amount of options.
>>
Why sould I play this over Quake Live?
>>
Game looks good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exDdnT-CMio
>>
>>262489862
>buying a PC game
For what purpose?
>>
>>262492581
that's the one, although to be fair stylistically it is like the grandaddy of all this shit

>>262492665
loadout is such a fucking pretender to the throne. Stylistically I can respect it for trying to draw in a new audience but mechanically it's such a fucking grind to be able to play around with the shit you actually want. Really tried to like it, but it didn't give me enough shit to play with quick enough to keep me coming back.

>>262492268
whoa there champ, am I wrong?
because from what I can tell I think I got most of the ones right here >>262492510

the only thing I'm not holding my breath for is the new Unreal. UT3 showed they had no fucking clue what made UT2k4 so beloved. I'll reserve judgement until I play the fucking thing obviously because I gotta think of all people Epic should have some idea what they're doing but my expectations are being heavily monitored.
>>
Can't wait for all the 360 noscope montages
already lining up my Linkin Park playlist
>>
>>262489862
This is going to flop
>>
>>262492412
>Not a lot of games have explored that, if not none.
Because they don't really mix with games. They're slow, painful, require locking the opponent in some place where they can't escape.

They might have a role in grand strategy games, but that's about it.
>>
>>262492890
the most recent update on their site says everyone gets to host, admin privileges etc with every purchased copy
>>
>>262492894
This. Anyone?
>>
>>262492248
>all soulless
Just like every part of shootmania? It haven't got any character to it.
>>
File: at least it's honest.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
at least it's honest.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>262492510
Wrack?

The main guy behind it is Carnevil, who worked on the Skulltag source port for Doom, and Bobby Prince is doing the music. I don't even know if there's intents to add multiplayer, but from what I played it's the next closest thing to a modern Doom. Still needs polish though, and there is an absence of hitscan enemies which takes away from the challenge
>>
They are trying way too hard for the "Hardcore arena fps." audience and just comes off as obnoxious tryhards
>>
>>262492894
>>262493146
because quake just got hit by the shit-stick

>>262493009
yes it will
>>
>>262493146

You would give the OP money if you played this game
Can't you see how badly he needs it?
>>
>>262492510
Triad? They remade it a while back, but never saw anyone talking about it the day after its release.
>>
>>262493118
dont believe it until its released and everyone doesnt call it pay2server bullshit
the pay for server shit is still the nr1 discussed issue on their forums.
>>
>>262493018

It could work in something like Ace of Spades, where you'd need to build around contaminated areas. But it already did the area control thing pretty well so I don't know if adding mustard gas would really add much
>>
>>262493146
cause quake is old and ugly
why would anyone want to play ff15 over ff6?
>>
File: 1374118933738.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1374118933738.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>262489862
>This game is literally giving the power back to the gamers, it is a developer creating something we have said we WANT, it has no marketing team, it does NOT sell out for money, the developer has an idea and principles and sticks to them.

>I don't care if you don't want this game, they're making something you WANT
>>
>>262492784
Quake Live have.
>>

and this is advertised as a feature? lel, what a fucking joke, dropped.
>>
File: 1404298814355.jpg (59KB, 395x401px) Image search: [Google]
1404298814355.jpg
59KB, 395x401px
>>262489862
>Buy.This.Game.
>BUY IT for gods sake, BUY IT so we can stop crappy marketing ideas, games created by execs who have never used their macbook pro for anything else than facebook chat, please /v/, buy it so we can save gaming by showing devs THIS is the way, even if this isn't the perfect game.
>it has no marketing team
>Buy.This.Game.
>I don't care one bit if it sucks, I don't care if you don't like it
>no marketing team
>>
File: It's Her Nipple.jpg (287KB, 838x1300px) Image search: [Google]
It's Her Nipple.jpg
287KB, 838x1300px
>>262493191
no I was trying to name games that all had that same boring generic sci-fi aesthetic and that looks like it has put at least marginal effort into differentiating itself from its peers
>>
>>262493204
did you read that recent article on the escapist comparing the video games industry and car manufacturers?

not specializing soon won't work anymore. if the game doesnt cost much to produce it doesnt matter that they wont sell millions of copies
>>
>>262493018
There could be a good old 1600s RPG based on plague doctors

concocting poisons that travel by air or water, throwing bottles of random shit at people, using environments and stuff like that.
>>
>arena shooters
What is this 1998?

They were abandoned for a reason you know. They suck
>>
>>262493261

Yeah because half the people don't just play with texture resolution set to 1 and the characters as neon green. Or if you want it to look nice you can mod it
>>
File: Achtung.jpg (440KB, 990x662px) Image search: [Google]
Achtung.jpg
440KB, 990x662px
>>262493229
holy shit I forgot all about triad
wonder how those guys are doing
>>
>>262493478
>that trigger discipline
Fucking terrible.
>>
File: 1409356449228.jpg (66KB, 437x437px) Image search: [Google]
1409356449228.jpg
66KB, 437x437px
>>262489862

The whole "CLASSIC SHOOTERS" angle kinda rubs me the wrong way when it just looks like halo.

Still, I've bought worse things for $15 and it's refreshingly honest about what the fuck it actually is.
>>
>>262493242
>so I don't know if adding mustard gas would really add much
If we're using a gas it would be pretty simple to counter. Gas floats to the bottom, so create some holes for it to pour into. It was so effective in WW1 because it was deal with the gas in the trench, or run into MG nests.

A fortress can handle that shit a lot better.
>>
>>262489862
>Arena Shooter
>Skill Based
>Vehicles
Fucking.
>>
>>262489862

confirmed to be dead on arrival

no game has a chance of 'reviving the arena fps' unless it's like Quake or UT or some shit
>>
>>262493478
Launch day had some awful, but hilarious bugs and lag. I haven't touched it since.
>>
>>262493229

I got it on release, can't say I was too impressed.
>>
File: 1410210211666.jpg (7KB, 200x251px) Image search: [Google]
1410210211666.jpg
7KB, 200x251px
>that entire post
>no marketing team
Best laugh I've had all week, thanks OP!
>>
File: 1373047982524.png (110KB, 489x320px) Image search: [Google]
1373047982524.png
110KB, 489x320px
>>262493607

that picture is awful
>>
>>262493229
I got it on release

Your character accelerates to max speed so fucking fast that it makes platforming sections a pain in the ass
>>
>>262493759

To be fair it sounds more like the ramblings of an obnoxious fanboy than a marketer.
>>
File: 1381051520411.jpg (16KB, 350x335px) Image search: [Google]
1381051520411.jpg
16KB, 350x335px
>>262489862
>shilling this hard
>>
>>262493665

It has smaller arena like maps with no vehicles and larger tribes-style ones with them.
>>
File: 1293803967278.jpg (106KB, 500x409px) Image search: [Google]
1293803967278.jpg
106KB, 500x409px
I'm not going to buy it before its released as I'm not cancer, but I'm hoping it doesn't turn out shit
it's cool how they took clan admin tools and match hosting out of the higher pay brackets and made them standard
hopefully it gets a decent australian player base
>>
>>262489862
>Buy. This. Game.
Why'd you gotta say that mang.
You know where you're at don't you?
>>
>>262489862
>Buy.This.Game.
>BUY IT for gods sake, BUY IT so we can stop crappy marketing idea
ayy
>>
>>262491671
DELETE THIS
>>
>>262493847

what's the difference?
>>
I will buy advanced warfare instead.
>>
Hold the phone everyone

Who thought of this name? It's fucking terrible. I don't know anything about the game, but the name gives me bad vibes, like a bootleg.
>>
>>262493983
>Decent Australian playerbase
Here's to hoping anon.
>>
>>262489862
It looks more focused than other "old school" scams so far, but there's no reason not to wait for release even if it does stack up well against the new unreal tournament.
>>
>>262494083
Underrated post.
/v/ in a nutshell ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>262491994
Underrated post
>>
>>262491994
le /v/ is le one person
>>
>>262491994
What makes you think unreal tournament 2004 is the exact thing I asked for
>>
>>262494224
>>262494351
Reddit is elsewhere.
>>
>>262494110

underrated post.
>>
So how can arena FPS get popular again? How would a well-known name like Quake or Unreal appeal to the mainstream audience without changing gameplay for the worse?
>>
you have 15 dollars

you don't own either of toxikk or CS:GO

which one are you going to buy?
>>
>>262494494
I'd rather someone make a new game with some innovation instead of just trying to re release previous titles

>>262494564
>implying CS:GO won't end up free to play with all this hat shit they are putting into it
>>
>>262494564
The one with players in it.
>>
>>262494494
It can't anon, the landscape has changed to such a degree that it'll take something revolutionary and so hard to find a publisher for, to adjust the trend we are seeing and complaining about on /v/.
>>
>>262491992
What's wrong with Marathon? Its named after the ship you play in.
>>
>>262494564
I pirate both.
>>
>>262491996
>It forces people to specialize a bit more instead of being able to do everything, making things more strategic.
Except that's the exact opposite of what happens as that just forces the dev to balance the weapons against each other which in turn results in everyone running around with some sort of rifle with minor variations, while also achieving making map control useless. Good job, you just dumbed down your game. See: Any loadout shooter ever.

Halo principle is almost as bad, 2weapons still makes map control useless, as you just get the weapons you want and then just keep hunting down the enemy.

Here's how a strategic game would look like:
Each player customizes his set of weapons, 10 of them. Array of weapons is huge, each weapon works wildly different, like Quake, no similar weapons like UT.
Certain weapons can only go in certain slots, so you got 1 "Machine Gun" slot, 2 "Light Weapon" (Plasma, Shotgun,..), 2 Medium slots (Lightning, Grenade), 2 Heavy Slots, and one BFG slot.

During the game, the player spawns with melee and first weapon, and then has to pickup the other weapons. Pickups are the same for both players, the weapon you get is determined by your loadout.
>>
>>262494494
UT is on it, with free base game and royalties if you want to sell your mods.
>>
>>262494636

the cosmetic items in GO are nothing like TF2

any new items released in GO are available to all. its literally just cosmetic skins you can buy and trade in GO
>>
>>262493224
>because quake just got hit by the shit-stick
How that?
>>
>>262495012

have you seen the recent patch notes?
>>
>>262495103
Just read them, Jesus fuck, what were they thinking?

>Automatical bunnyhopping
>Visible Item timers
>Weapons on start
>>
>>262494564
>CSGO
>tryhard neckbeards community of Russians and Swedes
>same shit and same situations every round
>same maps, same fucking everything
>boring as fuck, people rage after you miss a shot
>you need to spend 1000 hours in the game to train your twitch reflexes and recoil control
>cheaters and smurfs everywhere
>OMG WE LOST OUR ECO ROUND GG I AFK NOOBS
>if you stop playing csgo for a year you suck again because the game is all about muscle memory
Why can't you just have fun and play some good games instead?
>>
>CS:GO

How can anyone play this garbage, skin-festival, shitlords infested piece of shit is beyond me.
>>
>>262494864
>Free

Didn't really help Quake Live that much, only so many play it. Still, as long as UT4 won't hold back features with a freemium/premium model, I'm in.

>Modders making money

This is where it's weird. Supporting modders for theirs is cool and all, but I'd imagine there would be a lot of shit bloating up whatever market it would be on if it included smaller stuff. If putting a price on a mod is intended to be limited to larger things like entire content packs and total conversions for a small amount, then fair enough I guess.
>>
File: 1336909889507.jpg (100KB, 400x352px) Image search: [Google]
1336909889507.jpg
100KB, 400x352px
Did they revoke the "pay extra to host dedicated servers" shit?
>>
>>262495754
yea
i didnt even know that was a thing. what a terrible fucking idea that was, holy shit
>>
>>262495750
Quake Live is more or less the same old game, but in browser. UT is gonna be new and shiny. The bloat will be no more of a problem than browsing steam workshop for maps or reskins only.
>>
>Taking the arena fps back to its roots

Um what?
The only game currently doing that is Reflex which aims to use Q3CPMA as a template.
That is the real game we should be supporting. Not this viral trash.
Quake and Doom are the true roots of the Arena FPS, aswell as fps in general.

This is just a cheap Unreal Tournament imitation. With vehicles and shitty dodging mechanics.
I hate how we are now at a point where people who never played quake or unreal think they are the same thing.
>>
>>262495469
People are dicks too. Its literally like im on /v/
>>
>No leveling, no regenerating health, no perks, no cover systems, no classes, no configurable weapons, and no iron-sight aiming
No fun
>>
File: 1270459779850.jpg (12KB, 298x296px) Image search: [Google]
1270459779850.jpg
12KB, 298x296px
>>262496406
you're going to have to try harder than that anon
>>
>>262496464
Classes and leveling are fun.

Tryhard twitch shooters are not. Sorry.
>>
>>262496567
I have no words.
>>
File: 1373546201893.jpg (18KB, 438x428px) Image search: [Google]
1373546201893.jpg
18KB, 438x428px
>>262496567
come on anon, put some effort into it. I believe in you
>>
Oh boy, i can't wait for it to be dead in two weeks, like every other fucking shooter that comes out.
>>
>>262497050
this is why I'm really hesitant to give any money at this stage
>>
>>262494909
that's how DotA2 works and it's Free
>>
>>262497303

its also a turd from a shit genre
>>
>>262489862
> It's a developer making something we want...
> I don't care if you don't want...
> I don't care if you don't like it....
But... That's not how we fix games. Just buying other shit rather than the shit we have. Not only must they have principles they also must have a good product.
>>
>>262497597
its quality is irrelevant, it's a game with the same competitive draw (as far as sponsors are concerned, not mechanically, don't get your panties in a twist), made by the same company and using the same item/customization scheme

it's gonna go F2P eventually anon
it's basically inevitable
>>
File: bait.webm (184KB, 960x540px)
bait.webm
184KB, 960x540px
>>262496567
I don't really think that was bait
>>
The viral is strong with this one.
>>
>>262490784
>I don't really see how vehicles fit into classic arena shooters either
they don't
>>
>>262497250
My advice? Don't. Ever. I mean, how many times have we gone back to the roots of FPS games (whatever the fuck that means)? All these games are dead on arrival, because nobody wants to play a watered down version of a game they already played.
>>
>>262498485
the vehicles are in a completely different game type aren't they?
>>
>>262489862
I vote with my wallet. I don't want an arena shooter, I'm not going to buy an arena shooter. No hate.

Also,
>All this shilling
>>
>>262498063
That's not bait.
That's a hook without any bait.
>>
>>262498760
Yes, they are. Seen few replies of people concerned about the vehicles but it's much like with UT2k4, only the "Massive" maps will have vehicles while the smaller arena maps don't.
>>
I'll just wait for 2GD's game
>>
File: double crap man.jpg (120KB, 960x539px) Image search: [Google]
double crap man.jpg
120KB, 960x539px
>>262499554
>2GD
Thread posts: 215
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.