[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SJW's strike again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 506
Thread images: 61

Great
>>
WHY ARE DEVS PUTTING THEIR SHITTY IDEOLOGIES AND MESSAGES INTO GAMES, WHO WANTS THIS? WHO ASKED FOR THIS?
WE NEED TO STRIKE BACK AT THESE ASSFAGGOTS
>>
>>260711391
Simple solution: don't buy it, don't pirate it, don't do anything to increase a number for them.
>>
>>260711095
>these people make their living doing this
>>
>>260711095
>Far Cry
Meh, didn't like even the first one, much less the following ones.
>>
Literally only in video game would someone come out and say something like this
>>
Do you know the Citra ending of FC3 was put there by the writer as a "fuck you to misogynists"? This is not unexpected.
>>
>>260711095
Keep this in your social justice general that you kids keep spamming.
>>
>implying I was ever going to buy their game in the fitst place

Bought FC2 when I was playing on consoles, it was pretty fun. Torrented 3 because lolpc, it wasn't nearly as good. After what Ubisoft has been pulling on PC players over the past year or two I was never planning on supporting them in the first place.
>>
>>260711095
>Generic Western Game No.3825 Version #4

And nothing of value was lost
>>
I mean, if it's good I'll play it. I don't care if the main character is gay, trans or whatever as long as it isn't pandering or done badly..... left behind
>>
>>260711594
So you're annoyed at this because you are against social justice?
>>
>buy far cry 3 cause its ment to be hot shit.
>Just a dead island mod with an open world and few gimmicks

I was unimpressed by it.
>>
I'm not even sure if this chucklehead knows what social justice means or how the perversion of it pisses people off.
>>
>>260711095
Their definition of social justice is fucked

you probably free the evil dudes slaves and for some reason that's social justice and that'd upset us
>>
>>260711673

imagine how stupid it would sound if a movie director was tweeting shit like this
>>
>>260711683
wtf are you talking about? I already knew she is bitch from start, also it send massage that black woman is bitch, so you are contradicting
>>
>>260711836
That wasn't meant to be a reply
>>
as if i needed another reason to never buy a ubisoft game again.
>>
That's okay. I've never bought a Far Cry game nor will I, now.
>>
>>260711391
It's their right to do that faggot. I hate SJW but I am in the group that believes that video games are a form of art and art should be used to deliver a message, no matter how much you might disagree with it.
>>
>>260711095
I kind of wanted to play FC4 because elephant riding but guess not
>>
>>260711095
OH NO
UPLAY GAME I HAD NO DESIRE TO PLAY IS GOING TO BE ALTERED!
>>
>>260711942
So basically how normalfags thing of SJ.
>>
>>260711673

That's because only whiny nerds like /v/ cares when writers try to convey a message through their medium.

Like, remember the original star trek? They were ALWAYS putting "social justice" messages in their games.
>>
>>260711836
I'm just stating that not much of value was lost. Also, the dev is obviously retarded if they end up putting something about "values" into a first person shooter. It's just not going to make a good game.
>>
>>260711942

might upset POL
>>
File: doushio.jpg (81KB, 653x682px) Image search: [Google]
doushio.jpg
81KB, 653x682px
>>260711095
Oh no, another generic game is going to be even more shit than expected.
>>
>>260711391
Let the free market fix this son. If enough people buy their game then their bullshit is justified.
>>
>>260712091
HUR DUR VIDEOGAMES ARE ART
NO FAGGOT THEY ARE ENTERTAINMENT
THEY MIGHT BE PRETTY OR EXCITING OR BEAUTIFUL BUT THEY ARE NOT ART
ALSO FUCK OFF NOBODY WANTS DEVELOPER OPINIONS FORCED ON AUDIENCES YOU CUNTBURGER
>>
>the writer is wrong because I said so
>>
I haven't bought a Ubisoft game in years nigga, this changes nothing for me.
>>
File: coughlin1.jpg (73KB, 550x469px) Image search: [Google]
coughlin1.jpg
73KB, 550x469px
>>260711095
/pol/ wins again
>>
>>260712091
No, go fuck yourself, people play vidya to escape the real world, not be told that they should feel bad for being a straight white male, get the fuck out of here with your shit.
>>
Depends on the meanning of Social Justice.
He doesn't exactly say they are pandering the internet SJW.
>>
File: 1409292299628.png (178KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1409292299628.png
178KB, 500x281px
>bringing "social justice" into a shooter game about crazy jungle warlords

i aint even trying to make a stink about my feelings on SJW shit, this is just straight up pandering/flame bait because its trendy
>>
>>260711095
>If you're against the Pirate Bay, you're going to hate how I get this game.
>implying I'd even pirate any game from that shit series
>>
>>260711947
>@shekelsburg
>if you don't like Jews and Zionism you are going to hate some of the things I have written for my movies
>>
Ubi is testing the waters with this. If they get a large amount of negative feedback, they'll stop.

Remember, at the end of the day, the only thing that matters to a company is profit.
>>
I'm curious now, I wonder what kind of things are in there. Because honestly, Far Cry 3 could've gone the route of Muh Rich Tribal Culture, but all the natives in that game are actually deep down despicable people who I find impossible to relate with, and after forcing myself to finish the game I felt physically sick from all the muh tatau shenanigans. If that was deliberate or a result of purely bad writing I cannot say.
>>
Implying we give a shit about real Farcry anymore. All we want is the next installment of Farcry Blood Dragon and if they fuck that up there will be riots.
>>
File: EugenieBouchardFrenchOpen.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
EugenieBouchardFrenchOpen.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
FC4 dev here. Ignore this idiot. he's not even the lead writer and he's only fishing for twitter followers.

FC4 has tits, animal killing and murder everywhere there's no "Social Justice" bullshit.
>>
File: Untitled.png (39KB, 613x295px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
39KB, 613x295px
>>260712001
Just because you think cirta is a bitch doesn't make it untrue
>>
I'll start buying games gain when devs stop shoving their flavor of the month political agendas into them.
>>
Yeah, let's have some social justice in this violent first person shooter. I'm sure that's gonna gel very well.
>>
File: I'm not a failed writer.jpg (29KB, 283x345px) Image search: [Google]
I'm not a failed writer.jpg
29KB, 283x345px
He doesn't sound like a tool at all
>>
>>260712278
THEY CAN BE ART YOU FUCKING RETARD! MOVIES ARE CONSIDERED BOTH ART AND ENTERTAINING! ALSO DON'T LIKE WHAT THAT DEV REPRESENTS? DON'T FUCKING BUY IT! IT'S AS SIMPLE AS THAT! THAT SPEAKS LOUDER THAN ANY OF YOUR BITCHING AT THEM WOULD DO. NIGGA YOU DUMB AS FUCK!
>>
Why do so many posters in these SJW threads type like they are foreigners? It gives me the creepy impression that non-Americans care about this shit a disproportionate amount, which is weird because most of these companies and writers are American.
>>
>>260712460
This.

What is the worst they could do to make it so pro SJW to be butthurt about?
>game about civil wars
Come on, you should have seen it coming.
Still going to pirate it.
>>
>>260712342
>people play vidya to escape the real world

I play video games because they're fun. Seek help.
>>
>>260711095
What the fuck does this even mean? If there's a gay character in the game I don't give a fuck, just don't make it a main selling point for the game.
>>
>>260712608

[citation needed]
>>
File: 1358306965857.png (351KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1358306965857.png
351KB, 1000x800px
>Far Cry 1
>story involving mutants and mercenaries with awesome sequences
>game flows well and is not a clusterfuck

>Far Cry 2
>uses the Africa setting pretty well but gets really fucking repetitive with samey side missions to pad out the game

>Far Cry 3
>do what Far Cry 2 and Assassins Creed and have repetitive bullshit everywhere with little to not interesting area design or encounter design

Far Cry died when CryTek stopped having anything to do with it. Far Cry 3 was an unmitigated pile of shit, the only good thing about it was Blood Dragon.
>>
>>260712091
I'm all for creative freedom too my friend but i draw the line at trying to shoe horn a personal agenda into a video game, you are cancer.
>>
File: 1394505315750.png (656KB, 569x629px) Image search: [Google]
1394505315750.png
656KB, 569x629px
You know most of us here wouldn't care or even notice this shit if you faggots wouldn't keep sending every damn SJW and retarded quote to here. They are contained in their shitty bubble. Stop bringing that same bubble here so you can have a echo chamber.
>>
>>260711673
it's only because of the current climate between consumers and journalists. most people on /v/ i imagine don't give a single shit about this.

i'm all for social justice shit if it's well written and incorporates itself into the game well
>>
Well
>>
>>260711391
you're going to extremely disappointed monday when they all go on stage at PAX and announce "Gamer+"
>>
>>260712608
>My Dad works for Nintendo

Still, I'd actually believe that given that I cannot even see how you would work in an SJW story into a game about dudebro mercenaries killing each other. After all they do need to appeal to dudebros, and dudebros HATE SJWs.
>>
It's only Far Cry. 3 was garbage, why expect anything from 4?
>>
>>260711391
What do you think all the gamergate threads have been about you shitlord? We're making journalists and people that support this kind of shit panic enough to call out for the "death" of "the identity of gamers"
>>
>>260712690
anon your autism is showing
>>
File: 1267067377333.gif (2MB, 220x176px) Image search: [Google]
1267067377333.gif
2MB, 220x176px
>>260711391
Them putting their beliefs into their games isn't the issue for me.
It becomes an issue when they get up on a high horse to announce it.
>>
>>260712803
Do you like Deus Ex?
>>
>Your face when it's a morbidly obese woman on a mobility scooter
>>
>>260712608
What are you working on?
>>
I have nothing against game developers making whatever game they want to make. What i have a problem with is game media blacking out game devs that dont agree with the content in the game.

SJW and feminists are free to make the games they want, but other developers are free to ignore them as well
>>
>>260712690
YES BECAUSE VIDEOGAMES ARE SELLING AT CHRISTIES AM I RIGHT? NO THEY ARE MASS PRODUCED SHIT. JUST BECAUSE THEY HIRE AN "ARTIST" TO VISUALIZE THEIR IDEAS DOES NOT MEAN THAT VIDEOGAMES THEMSELVES ARE ART. THEY NEVER WILL BE ART. YOU MIGHT APPRECIATE A GAME OR PUT IT IN A CASE BUT YOU KNOW WHAT IT WILL NEVER BE RECOGNIZED AS SUCH.
IT DOESNT MATTER IF YOU BUY IT OR NOT AS LONG AS PEOPLE CONTINUE TO LET THIS HAPPEN IT WON'T STOP. WE NEED TO PUT OUR FOOT DOWN ON DEVELOPERS SHOEHORNING THEIR BELIEFS ON US AND THEN CALLING US OUT AND PUTTING US DOWN WHEN WE DON'T AGREE.
GET FUCKED NIGGER!!!
>>
>>260712984
>"Gamer+

...second time I've seen this word today. Am I missing something?
>>
>>260712787
Far cry 3 was literally everything wrong with modern shooters

>quest hubs
>red/green/blue crafting systems
>talent trees
>"open world"
>>
>>260712615
He blatantly came up with a Shyamalan style PLOTTWIST and tried to justify it later.
>>
Did #GamerGate develop any while I was asleep?
>>
>>260712460
Have you considered this dev is misinterpreting the term "social justice?"

Or rather, that he's using it as a normal person not knee-deep in internet drama would? That is to say, "social justice = justice for people in a society"

Assuming FC4 will have a plot at least somewhat centered around the native Himalayan peoples being exploited...it makes sense that one of the main goals of the player will be to bring JUSTICE to that SOCIETY.

I don't expect Far Cry 4 to dig deep into gender norms and sexual identity – that tweet is probably just a dev who's been in isolation for a year coming on to Twitter, getting an incredibly vague sense of what's going on, and responding with the one thing he's most familiar with (i.e. FC4)

No harm no foul – you're probably just reading too much into it
>>
>>260711095
Well that's fine. Japan knows how to make better games.
>>
>>260712137
If they are focusing on something like that in a genre that doesn't even call for it, then they are asking to make a shit game. If they wanted to put a message and some meaning into a game, then make a adventure game or visual novel so you can fit a bunch of text without sacrificing gameplay. The FPS audience is not even looking for this kind of shit.
>>
>>260712727

I'm glad you retards start talking these days, I can filter you so much easier
>>
File: 1409103222993.jpg (69KB, 630x477px) Image search: [Google]
1409103222993.jpg
69KB, 630x477px
Doesn't have to be horrible, sure if he goes full on tumblr cupcake-kin with pronouns and shit it'll be fucked up, but most likely his idea of "social justice" is just putting some gay people in and saying it's okay to be gay
Remember, social justice isn't necessarily the same as the shit SJWs spout
>>
>>260712615

I haven't played many games where the hero kills the romantic interest mid-coitus
>>
>>260713171
there's a rumour floating around that ''Gaming journalist's'' from various 'Gaming news sites are going to announce some kind of brand they are going to try & collar the gamer identity with.

this is some fucking Illuminati style shit right here except with no fucking subtlety or class.
>>
>far cry

WOW It's fucking nothing.
>>
So glad I'm more of a retrogamer and don't give into new shitty games and hype nowadays.

You guys have my pity.
>>
>"Social justice"

For who?
>>
>>260713031
nope
>>
>>260712852
How many times has it been well written?
>>
>>260712615
I really don't understand how wanting to save and protect a female is misogynistic, especially when that's what the game tells you is happening all the way up until the TWEEST ending. Patronizing maybe, but not misogynistic.
>>
>>260713220
What?
I enjoyed the hell out of FC3, it's only now neo/v/ is getting butthurt over some faggot on twitter and now everyone is slating FC3.
>>
>>260713120

http://www.moma.org/explore/inside_out/2012/11/29/video-games-14-in-the-collection-for-starters

MOMA disagrees. I'm gonna take their word for what constitutes art over what some random /v/ nerd thinks.
>>
But didnt SJW already rip apart FC4 for having a racist cover?
>>
>>260713340
>Have you considered this dev is misinterpreting the term "social justice?"
i have considered that, theres some circling funk flying around because of the term and i'm sure theres plenty of people who don't get the idea but need to get some trend-attention

>No harm no foul – you're probably just reading too much into it

a bit of poor phrasing on my part too. i'm just trying to say this tweet is obviously a case of trying to get some attention, he'll get some from both sides of the debate now
>>
>Far Cry
>A series whose only good entry was Blood Dragon
>A game which got quite repetitive, with the writing being its strongest point.
Thank fuck you could complete all the worthwhile stuff in no time at all.
>>
>>260713625
At some point these games will be retro
>>
>>260711557
This. The more people disregard their games, the better.
>>
File: welp.png (64KB, 588x643px) Image search: [Google]
welp.png
64KB, 588x643px
well this just happened. That was my only tweet directed at this guy. Apparently he was the lead programmer on Skyrim and FO3
>>
>>260711095
Don't buy it

Don't discuss it, even negatively

And it'll fail
>>
>>260711095
The only reason to ever care about console Far Cry (as opposed to the original) was the map editor. But multiplayer in FC2 and 3 was so shit there was no point in making maps for it so no real community ever formed. And they obviously didn't understand the problem or they wouldn't have made the same mistake twice. I wouldn't be surprised if FC4 actually doesn't have the editor anymore.

So instead of making Far Cry what it should be it's now another generic Ubisoft open world game where you

>run/ride/drive to X, kill Y
>collect X amount of feathers/flags/treasures/plants to get item Y
>climb the towers to unlock the map
>get XP for kills, more for headshots
>one button does everything controls
>bad vehicle controls
>nu-"stealth"
>watch loads and loads of motion captured cutscenes that tell a boring plot

Fucking Jewbisoft.
>>
>>260713220
The shooting was pretty fun in far cry 3, and there was plenty of enemies to shoot in interesting areas. And I can count on one hand the amount of shooters with a crafting system, what the hell are you on about there.
>>
>>260713740
FC3 got a very mixed reception and lots of people were mad at how casual it was from day 1, some people loved it but the complaints about minimaps and collectathon shits, plus being 2easy, are long established
>>
>>260711095

>buying a ubishit game after watchdogs

yea im sorry but the only time i will ever play a ubishit game is if the president of ubisoft comes to my house blows me and then pays me $20 an hour to play their shit games then i may play another one

watchdogs was the biggest piece of shit i have ever played and i will never consider buying a ubishit product again
>>
File: 1409408465416.jpg (179KB, 712x528px) Image search: [Google]
1409408465416.jpg
179KB, 712x528px
>>260711095
>Video game writer who probably couldn't get a job writing even the most cliched family sitcom cashes in on a fad to boost sales

And the world keeps spinng. I just wish it would stop.
>>
File: 1339952769594.png (108KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1339952769594.png
108KB, 800x800px
>not realizing this is the best thing that could ever happen

Better a shit series like FC to test the waters out than anything else. These guys are pandering their games to the wrong crowd. Basically, these guys will alienate their own market, and when no one's left EVERYONE will realize SJW don't even play games and stop giving a shit.
>>
>>260711836

I hope the social justice inflicted is a swift beheading from peasants for that faggot on the cover
>>
If you idiots buy this game after this you only have yourselves to blame that SJW is a thing.
>>
File: i like this post.gif (1MB, 200x254px) Image search: [Google]
i like this post.gif
1MB, 200x254px
>>260711095

Oh good, Crytek, a company who's already on the verge of financial collapse, just game me a reason not to buy their fucking game.
>>
>>260711095
>ubisoft
>relevant
pick 1
>>
>>260711095
Ubisoft confirmed for EA2 then?
>>
>>260711391
To be fair, actually making a game is the most valid way to address social issues
>>
>>260713943
make a twitter handle named "final word after blocking" and shit slam him while saying you won't be back
>>
>>260712615
>wanting to help a woman
>misogynist

You know what? Fine, if they want to play it like that then I will treat women like I treat men. I will treat them rough, and if they give me shit I will beat the hell out of them.

What these stupid idiots don't realize is that there is a reason that women are treated special, it's because they are physically (and mentally on an emotional level) weaker than men. If we treated women like we treat men, then they would be in for a real bad time because they would not be able to handle it.

Stupid fucking SJWs
>>
>>260713593

Excellent. Let them do that, that way the fools who think games are a tool to look hip instead of for fun will all flock to this new Thinking Gamer brand.

Gaming never needed a media identity in the first place, you play videogames for fun and for great experiences and you share them and your opinions on them with people who are interested in discussing about it. We've been the scorn of the world for quite some time, what can a handful of jornalists with strings hanging from the Social Justice Army's fingers do?
>>
>>260713943
whooooooo caaaaaaaaaaares

you are being a giant faggot by posting this shit
>>
>>260711557

This, don't hate it either, the only person's blood pressure you're raising is your own. Its a not worth it.
>>
>>260713120
SEE THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE IS THE REASON THE TERRORISTS ARE FUCKING WINNING! ARE YOU A FUCKING AND NIGGER? YOU SEEM TO HATE FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND OTHER OF OUR AMERICAN RIGHTS THAT WE ENJOY! VIDEO GAMES ARE ART AND IF THEY ARE USED TO PUSH SOME SORT OF IDEOLOGY YOU DON'T AGREE WITH, TOO FUCKING BAD IT'S WHAT OUR BOYS DIED IN THE WAR FIGHTING FOR! MAYBE YOU SHOULD FUCK OFF, YOU COMMIE PIECE OF SHIT! DON'T TREAD ON ME!
>>
>>260713740
I played it on release

Seriously killing animals that just stand there and run away 50 times so you can "craft" another weapon slot is just artificial padding for shitlords
>>
>>260713943
Who is this guy? Any context? I don't understand what's going on here.
>>
>>260711095

I haven't bought one Far Cry game and I certainly won't start anytime soon.

It's just a generic shooter with "sexy cutscenes" of tattooed chicks and lesbians making out. They introduce nothing to the genre.
>>
>>260714087
CryTek has nothing to do with Far Cry anymore. It's Ubishit
>>
>>260712615
>"Tropes aren't bad just overused"
>Proceed to shit on Mario, the closest thing to a fairy tale in video game form

Why do they all do this. If you're attacking Mario it's pretty clear you do believe tropes are inherently bad and no game is exempt from your scrutiny.
>>
>>260711095
Couldn't be worse than having to install uplay
~Random anon
>>
>>260713740

How did you survive the cutscenes Anon?
>>
>video game writer
Ha.
>>
File: pondering hei.jpg (58KB, 392x384px) Image search: [Google]
pondering hei.jpg
58KB, 392x384px
>I bet he doesn't even know what social justice means!

So.. what does social justice mean?
>>
>>260714087

Never mind, just realized this is being made by fucking Ubisoft, because I'm stupid and of course this shit is coming out of Canada.
>>
>>260711095
As long as I can blow them away idgaf
>>
File: 1403288124662.gif (725KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1403288124662.gif
725KB, 400x225px
>>260714072

>implying I have given Ubisoft a dime in years
>implying you have been paying them up until this point
>>
>>260713984
>forced stealth segments
>"kill these 7 guys in this base to complete your quest"

It was total shit, every lazy game dev tactic combined into one game
>>
File: we did good, we swear.png (517KB, 850x1134px) Image search: [Google]
we did good, we swear.png
517KB, 850x1134px
>>260711095

It's funny how you fags are complaining about SJW, when really you have become one as well.

Pirating the game anyway, because jewsoft
>>
File: 200.png (10KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
200.png
10KB, 300x100px
sage, report blogposting and hide

>>260711936
it's not like /v/ knows either
>>
This will kill western vidya even more.
>>
>>260713943
That is the equivalent of
>Banned. Reason:Killing the Admin :)
>>
>>260711095
Ever since the main character was changed from the first pic, I have decided not to play Far Cry 4. Die SJW's die.
>>
People shouldn't boycott FC4 because it's offensive, they should boycott it because it's not Blood Dragon 2.
>>
>>260713120
>Someone who has never set foot in Christies implying that is the only place 'art' can be sold.
'kay m8.
>>
>>260714241
1488 YOU KIKE SEWER SHIT! AMERICA WAS NEVER GREAT AND ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU GIVING INTO THE ILLUMINATI SOCIAL CONTROL "SJW" THAT IS CAUSING THE DOWNFALL OF WHAT USED TO BE NICHE ENTERTAINMENT. IT IS THANKS TO YOU SPECIFICALLY THAT WE SEE THE RISE OF THE GAMER GURL AND HER ARMY OF FEMINIST CUNTS WHO MANIPULATE AND DESTROY MENS LAST HOBBY.
WHY ANON, WHY DIDNT YOU LISTEN TO HITLER?
>>
>>260714312

It means if you scream really loud that you're being oppressed in some way you can guilt white people into making concessions for you.
>>
>>260712803
Yeah, asking interesting questions in a game is OK, asserting answers is not
>>
WHY IS /POL/ ALWAYS RIGHT?
>>
So what do these SJW's say when you bring up women in the middle east who aren't allowed to drive or even outside the house unless accompanied by a male family member?
>>
>>260714515

viv could use more lewd though
>>
>>260714453
Sure, but the gameplay itself was solid. Movement felt natural and the shooting was fun.
>>
>>260711095
>tweet talking about how they're basically ignoring sjw's when writing farcry 4

>people in this thread looking to be outraged

but why? or am i being rused?
>>
>>260712787
I thought FC3 was supposed to be good. Didn't it have a real "edgy" premise and villain, or something?
>>
>>260711904
>dead island mod
You can't honestly be this much of a retard
>>
>>260713943
>lead programmer on Skyrim and FO3
I guess it's in part his fault too then. He's a shithead.
>>
>>260713812
Not him but I agree that video games are art. Hell it's a combination of many arts and teams. However that doesn't mean everything made is quality art, and this is a perfect example. This tweet shows that it's probably not going to be done well because it's going to be shoehorned in. This is not making a message, it's just pandering (not that pandering is a bad thing) to a very vocal minority so they can get praise.
>>
>>260711095
Like I was going to BUY an Ubisoft game, my fucking sides
>>
I'm against corruption and unprofessionalism in the industry and thus I've been supportive of the recent anti-Zoe shitstorm.

But to get mad at shit like this is retarded. Creators can do whatever they fucking want with their work and push whatever agenda they see fit. Don't be so entitled as to think all games have to pander to you and your interests. Different people game for different reasons. Some want an escape from reality without shit like this, some want "Art" with a message, and some (like me) want a variety.

Since there is no evidence of gameplay being hurt by this, I could not care less about this and neither should you really unless you are a /pol/fag.
>>
>>260714753

Meh, shit character.
>>
>>260714923
Far Cry 3's premise was that you and your dudebro friends get trapped on an island with pirates and crazy people after you land on the wrong island while skydiving. From there the protagonist has to learn to survive on an island filled with pirates.

It's not really edgy or original.
>>
>>260714276

Yeah, corrected my error.

>>260714319
>>
>>260714923
>Didn't it have a real "edgy" premise and villain, or something?

They killed him after the first half of the game. It really was just a generic shooter, it's combat was meh, didn't really drive me to complete many side missions, and the enemies were fairly easy. It's like the AI quality declined since FC2, a game where you could literally stand at the back of a hallway, and the enemies would rush through it to try and kill you.
>>
>>260712091

Remember when video games literally implied they were games that were digital, and not a political/artsy film? Those were the days
>>
>>260715232
Due to being a consoelfag I'll pick it up used later. One less faggot paying ubi for this.
>>
>>260712615
>>260714289
But the irony is that while it's a subversion of expectations, it's not an original idea. It's the same Femme Fatale/ Black Widow trope that they specifically talk about being a bad thing.
>>
File: 1407974245448.jpg (60KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1407974245448.jpg
60KB, 720x720px
>>260711095
>Far Cry
>Ubitrash
>France
>>
>>260714119

It's an interesting time to be on the Internet.

As someone who was raised being taught that women are worth of special respect and that it is very rude and improper to yell or lift a hand against women because abusing those weaker than you is cowardly, you get to be yelled at both by the Social Justice Army that calls me white cis scum for implying that women can't lift their own weight around, and by men who call me a beta.

At least videogames are fun. Far Cry 4 probably won't be an incredibly good one, but if it's reasonably good and not full to the brim with feminist pandering while ignoring the obvious and far more relevant themes of civil war, I might pick it up in a sale at some point after pirating it first
>>
>>260712615
Gee, I'm sure lucky she's dead because of my actions then. Thanks for the user choice, ubisoft
>>
they probably have no idea of the difference netween social justice and the sjw. They are just ignorants of the drama.

besides its their game and its their right to do so. let the market decide
>>
Gamers are dead anyway. They don't want us to buy anything.
>>
>>260714798
You are right anon

About 30% of the game felt polished and necessary
>>
>>260714847
Do you have no reading comprehension at all?
They're saying if you're against SJW bullshit, you're gonna hate what they wrote for the game
>>
Was sort of looking forward to this game. Guess I'll look forward to buying a used copy instead.
>>
>>260712091
Vidya that plays well and is enjoyable is art. Vidya that tries to send some sort of message while sacrificing gameplay is a steaming pile of shit.
>>
>>260714515
Ha ha! I REALLY like this picture. Do you mind if I use it?
>>
>>260715342

And those days aren't over. It's just there is more diversity in the market now and different kinds of fans are now here because of it.
>>
>>260715342
The funny thing about that is you faggots love MGS. Like you guys eat it up like pigs devouring slop. But MGS is one of the most blatant agenda pushing games there are.
>>
>>260713740
FC3 was good, but the pacing was atrocious. The only redeemable character is killed on the first island, and then you still have another one to explore while the game tries to make you care about brunette and stubbly bearded antagonist #267.
>>
>>260714847
this
>>
File: welp2.0.png (140KB, 694x893px) Image search: [Google]
welp2.0.png
140KB, 694x893px
>>260714116
>>260713943
>>260714156
>>260714258
>>260714576
>>260715051

Sorry it was a long tweet convo but this is basically what happened. This just highlights how unwilling the opposition is to even talk about these things
>>
>>260715848

It's all yours friend ;)
>>
>>260713943
>lead programmer on Skyrim

That explains SO much.
>>
>>260712091
A hundred years ago a guy took a Urinal out a restroom threw it in a gallery and called it "Art" and people called him a genius

"Art" is fucking garbage anon
>>
>>260715753
oooh... oh. i misread the against part.

fuck i just woke up. sorry
>>
>>260715238
It's not "art with a message". It's pandering. It's pointless political bullshit forcefully inserted into a game where it has no place, in order to make a small minority of people who agree with the ideology happy.
>>
>>260715595
I was raised in that way too, these idiotic SJW's do not realize that there is a very good reason why that is the case. It's because women are actually weaker and this has been proven scientifically a number of times. Sexual dimorphism is an actual thing, and insisting that women should be treated the same as men is more worthy of the label of misogny than anything given on average how men treat each other.

Feminists really do not understand the implications of what they are asking for.
>>
>>260715908
I'm not even a MGSfag, but I don't mind a game that seems preachy if it has actual gameplay to back it up.

It's why so many people on /v/ shit on BioShock Infinite. It's message is laughably PG13, barely skims the surface of any point it tries to make, and does so over gameplay from 2007.
>>
>>260712803

>i'm all for creative freedom
>unless I don't like what they're doing

The same thing as a SJW.
>>
>>260711095
The story in FC3 was easily the worst part of it. I'll arghm80 FC4 and ignore the story.

I'm surprised they're pandering to the SJWs to begin with after FC3. They were all butthurt about how it was a "mighty whitey trope."
>>
Well 3 had a gay villain right?
Maybe it'll have more gay characters.
>>
The only reason this bothers me is because they felt the need to tell us. If you want to make a game with women I don't care I'll probably play it assuming I like the series. If you want to take out hos. I don't care.

Don't put yourself on some fucking high horse because you're "daring" to use female /gay/whatever characters you obnoxious fucks. Just make a good game.
>>
>>260716140
But the actual gameplay isn't even that good. It's a half assed stealth game and a half assed action game.
>>
>>260713943
>even based bethesda is infected
So now the SJWs are corrupting our favorite mediocre game developer? Shit.
>>
Don't buy Far Cry 4.

It's simple as that.

Because SJWs aren't going to buy games, they don't even play games, they just complain about them.

So if everyone who hates having other people's ideologies shoved into their asshole while trying to play video games doesn't buy it, the studio will die.

Far Cry 2 and 3 were shit anyway, it's not like 4 is going to be fucking ground breaking in any way.
>>
>>260715908

Are you a wizard that can identify people just by their posts? Quick tell me who the poster above me is!
>>
>>260714312
It means whining on Tumblr when people don't treat you like a special snowflake, blaming everything on white man. Ah and trying to fuck up other people hobbies just for the attention.
>>
>>260715925
Dude, no one cares if someone blocked you on Twitter. Holy shit, "the opposition," get over yourself. It's the equivalent of hanging up on someone you don't want to talk to and it makes you look like a huge baby to complain about it.
>>
>>260716319
This, why fucking announce it? Complete pandering.
>>
>>260714617
Holy shit, what? You want every game to remain COMPLETELY NEUTRAL on every interesting question it asks? That makes the game world incredibly fucking bland! It's more interesting when the game DOES have a side on a matter. This is one of the reasons why Bioshock 1 was so praised- it didn't just stay silent on Randian Objectivism, it picked a side and then showed the consequences OF picking that sad.

Wanting every game to be like CNN just makes that game too scared to say what's on its mind. And it's a fucking terrible way of thinking.

Just look at Watch_Dogs,
>>
>>260711095

If it's shit I'm going to do the exact same things the SJWs should do with games they don't like...not buy it.
>>
HAHAHA /v/! I told him to do it or else I'd make an annoying sound around him where ever he went!
I warned you about crossing paths with the likes of me!
>>
>>260716534
Quit being a faggot
>>
File: image.jpg (11KB, 225x244px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11KB, 225x244px
>>260716425
>Far Cry 2 and 3 were shit anyway
>Far Cry 2
>shit

Mm mm nigga. FC2 was pretty good.
>>
>>260711095
It's not like anyone is going to buy Farcry4.
Do you even know what the piracy rate for farcry3 was? It was fucking huge.
>>
File: 1404765022315.jpg (182KB, 768x820px) Image search: [Google]
1404765022315.jpg
182KB, 768x820px
Why should I care? Why do any of you care? They can do what they want.
>>
#loudlyexhale
>>
>>260716830
I thought it was pretty lame.
>>
What's funny is 4chan are the people who hate SJWs and they never liked Far Cry 3 in the first place.
>>
>>260711095
Is there a list of upcoming games I can avoid that have been tainted by this SJW agenda BS?
>>
Well we just don't buy the game, the more effective strategy against this bullshit
>>
>>260716534
Please do not be a shill.
>>
>>260716098

What's wrong with pandering? If we removed any game that pandered to something we wouldn't be left with much.
>>
An author of a book is often encouraged to convey own message is his work.

A director of a film is often encouraged to convey his own message is his work.

An an artist is often encouraged to convey his own message is his work.

Why does is suddenly become unacceptable with video games? Why does every game have to be turn your brain off entertainment? It seems to me that most of you don't even believe what you are saying, you just hate this particular viewpoint and are being massively hypocritical because of it.

Just like SJWs.
>>
>>260717059
I liked all the Far Cry games that were on PC up to this point. I was excited to hear about FC4 but the fact that it's coming out 2 years earlier than it normally would have worried me.

Now I know better.
>>
North America is one of the worst thing to have ever happened to vidya.
>>
>>260716615
It depends. A game that asks interesting questions and takes a side IS better than a game that asks interesting questions, takes no side, and does not explore the issues in a compelling way. But a game that asks interesting questions in a way that compels the player to make their own decision about the issue in a way the game doesn't force on you is the ultimate.
>>
>>260717289

This guy probably plays weebshit too and yet he is complaining about pandering.
>>
>>260717289
It's not as much the pandering in itself, as pandering to people who won't play the game in the first place.
>>
>>260717149

How about instead you use your own brain and make a list of games you don't think are fun and have too much social justice shenanigans in them? Blindly following what someone on /v/ says is not much better than blindly following the Social Justice Army in everything they do
>>
Hopefully the crash occurs soon

What better to get rid of these faggots

When the big companies take up their roots to green pastures and vidya aint "cool" anymore the faggots, sjw, casual gamers will disappear. And a new golden age will begin where the remaining devs HAVE to make games for the old original crowd
>>
File: 1368257136818.png (17KB, 591x505px) Image search: [Google]
1368257136818.png
17KB, 591x505px
>>260716615
>Randian Objectivism

Philosophy/Econ fag here, it had little to do with Randian Objectivism as the game never actually addressed what Objectivism had to do with from an epistimological standpoint. It basically just addressed that HURRR AYN RAND SAID GREED IS GOOD IN ATLAS SHRUGGED! It's clear Levine and the writers did not know what the fuck they were talking about, and while Rand is a shit-tier philosopher having Levine and his cronies do a shitty job of addressing it and using blatant strawmen is even worse. It's clear that Levine is an uninformed hack as are most vidya developers.

Even still it was rather neutral as it portrayed both sides as kind of shit, especially in Bioshock Infinite.

Honestly, I'd rather have a game that does not attempt to address anything and have fun than have a game that does it poorly and shows just how uninformed/uneducated yet opinionated/fedorian these devs are. There is nothing more frustrating than a pretentious retard that wants to pretend he knows what he's talking about.
>>
>>260716830
Only compared to how crap the industry is. It's a seriously mediocre and incredibly repetitive game.
>>
>>260711095
>implying SJW will play a game about yucky killing and violence
>>
>>260711095
are this faggots literally gay
>>
File: 1375138958367.png (1MB, 649x857px) Image search: [Google]
1375138958367.png
1MB, 649x857px
>>260714119
>>
File: anata_okotteru.png (1MB, 1068x981px) Image search: [Google]
anata_okotteru.png
1MB, 1068x981px
>>260716425
>this opinion retcon in respect to ubi's recent stance
fc2 and 3 to a lesser extent were good games.
>>
>>260716164
theirs a line between creative freedom and selfishly forcing opinions on to other people dipshit
>>
>>260716098

It doesn't matter if it is pandering. All that matters is what the creators want to do with their game.

The same applies to any creator with any ideology.
>>
>>260712615
So they didnt need help with their whole island being under pirate control and their neighboring island being under private military control? They could have handled it despite having no territory left and no way of communication throughout the island?

Ok.
>>
>>260711095

Wait...wait wait wait...

Was this not the same game being attacked by the social justice type AND Nathan Greyson for the cover alone?
>>
>>260717405

Don't act like Europe isn't a big part of western gaming.
>>
>>260717149

Pillars of Eternity

From the beta, my impression is:
The gameplay is the blandest shit in the world. It's literally click and point the game.
Any mobile game you play will have better gameplay.
AI is so shit that any /AGDG/ dev could make a better one
Apparently the development team focus all their effort on muh social justice agenda and absolutely nothing on gameplay.
>>
>>260716615

But there is no interesting question here.

It's going to be the usual round table of bullshit like:

>WOMEN ARE TREATED POORLY IN 3RDWORLDCOUNTRYSTAN
>GAY PEOPLE ARE OPPRESSED
>I AM A TRANSSEXUAL CHARACTER. REAL TRANSSEXUALS WON'T TELL YOU THEY'RE TRANSSEXUAL BECAUSE THAT'S NOT THE POINT BUT I WAS WRITTEN BY SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T UNDERSTAND TRANSSEXUALS.
>LOOK HOW MUCH BETTER WE ARE THEN THE STRAIGHT WHITE MEN WHO ARE THE MAIN ANTAGONISTS OF GAME

THis is not deep philosophy, they're not taking some contrarian strance or portraying a negative future from social justice bullshit.

They're just pandering to a group of people that some slick haired faggot has told them is a "potential goldmine". And now when the game comes out the "journalists" will bathe in ad money and circle jerk about how good the diversity in the game is, a few SJWs will pick it up to show support, a few casuals will pick it up because they liked FC3 but in the end it's going to suffer from this SJW shit being shoe horned in.

Mark my fucking words, however they deal with this social justice shit they're writing in it's going to be heavy handed, 100% positive for diversity and what not and it's not going to push the envelope in any way. At least being neutral gives you a chance to show both sides, this is going to be literally just agreeing with what most people in the develop world already say.

It's basically affirmative propaganda.
>>
>>260717338
Fuck off back to tumblr faggot.
>>
>>260717289
I think perhaps there's a difference between adding something or adding something and going to the internet to get praised for doing so.

Adding women/minorities/hays to your media shouldn't be praiseworthy. It should be normal.

Trying to navigate a games reviews to it's use of types of people instead of how it is as a game seems to negate the point of making a game?

So you have Brown trannies. Does it play like ass? Then it's a shit game.
>>
>>260716830

I did the first mission of each of the submission categories before realising I'm going to be doing this shit for multiple hours, over and over a fucking gain so I uninstalled. Glad I didn't buy that shit.
>>
>>260711391
Protip: Don't let the Californian Indie Gaming Clique control the gaming news!

They only pick SJW friendly games, and bully publishers.

As a dev in the Austin dev scene that popped up around id Software: We've been pissed for years about this.

We will end These SJWs, this is how deep it goes. Our master stroke has been played.

Indie games are not shitty pixel platformers, but that's all you hear about. You hear about how "small" the clique is of indie gamers? NO. It's lies. We just stopped going to PAX because it's a SJW indoctrination camp.

Wake the fuck up, and look around. We diposed those fuckers. The "gamers are dead" articles are a pouting "fuck gamers then" attempt to maintain control of the narrative, but it failed.

Come on now. Go search out developer forums.

Go to Gamedev.net, do a rollcall of indie devs.
Go to TIGSource, and lots of other sites where we congregate.

We've been PAYING LP'ers just to get our games out because the west coast shills won't let good games in.

You think Depression Quest is shitty?

Go look up the shenanigans around Flappy Bird.
Shilled like crazy with "it will destroy your life" "satan" etc. reviews.
and it wasn't just the one game, it was MULTIPLE GAMES BY THE SAME AUTHOR GETTING INCREASES AT THE SAME TIME.

Why won't the markets themselves tell you that they've been gamed? Why does mainstream game journalism not paint Flappy Birds as anything other than a ripoff?

The same reason they don't say bad shit about Depression Quest.

http://www.bluecloudsolutions.com/blog/flappy-birds-smoke-mirrors-scamming-app-store/

And you shills reading this, the west coast indie clique too. It's over for you. STFU and GTFO, or we're coming for the big guys next. ABC, CBS, etc. These shitholes are SJW heavy as fuck too, and you know it.

It's over for these SJWs. The market is now controlled by guerrillas. If you ad companies don't realize what's up, it'll be over for ALL of you too.

Snowden was nothing compared to this.
>>
>>260717182
If you think being blocked is proof of anything other than someone thinking you are annoying and not worth talking to, you are a faggot of the highest order. Not to mention it's narcissistic as fuck to be like "GUYS LOOK WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO ME, I REALLY SCARED THEM HUH?"
>>
>>260717149
just look for threads like this one that show proof of SJW corruption regarding certain games but make sure to check out that the proof is real and not fake
>>
>>260717452
>But a game that asks interesting questions in a way that compels the player to make their own decision about the issue in a way the game doesn't force on you is the ultimate.

This is one of my biggest problems with games where you have a "choice". The choices rarely actually allow you to carve out a distinct position on an issue in the game without the game still telling you which position was "right". Fallout/Bethesda games are generally good about this, but it's not that common.

For most games it's "You can make this choice or that... but we'll be sure to force down your throats beforehand which choice is good and which one is EVUL". That shit isn't good art. It doesn't stimulate thought. It tells you what to think.
>>
>>260717338
>Why does is suddenly become unacceptable with video games?

It shouldn't be, but it probably has to do with the overall maturity of most people who play games and the way devs portray their message. Look at Ken Levine and Infinite. There's nothing subtle or mature about shoehorning "racism is bad, don't throw things at this interracial couple!" into the first five minutes of the game and then moving on to something else. It makes people who claim the story is deep and mature look retarded.

When developers start handling mature themes like other mediums, things will change, but those times are few and far between.
>>
>>260717596

I miss the time when the "biggest threat to videogames" was actually a videogame genre growing too big and bloated and bringing imbalance to the industry. It happened to the FPS genre, and if I recall correctly it happened to DOTA/LoL as well. This sort of thing has very little to do with actual videogames
>>
File: LOLKOREA.jpg (1MB, 1800x1151px) Image search: [Google]
LOLKOREA.jpg
1MB, 1800x1151px
>>260712679

>wrote Homefront

That nonsensical plot? The one where the world economy fell and no one did anything? The one where the oil companys apparently hate making money because they decided "OH lets raise the cost per gallon to $20 despite the cost of living remaining unchanged! That's Sure to work!"

Yeah, hamfist your social commentary in, I'm sure given the track record that it'll be better than kicking down doors: the game.
>>
>>260711095
>Hey guys, if you don't agree with my controversial opinions, you probably won't want to buy this game! Just a heads up!
I can't imagine their marketers and shareholders are happy with this kind of shit. By that I mean driving off potential customers. Seriously, I guarantee that tweet lost them a decent amount of sales; I actually might have bought it if it looked good, but there's no way in hell I am now.
>>
>>260718230
>not throwing the ball
>>
>make game that specifically panders to a group of people that does not even play video games
>go out of your way to actually insult people who do play video games
>tell them if they don't like it, they don't have to buy it
>wonder when it sells like shit
>blame Anti-SJW-Patriarchy

calling it.
>>
>>260717746

They were both repetitive as fuck and boring as hell. There was never anything new. You entered an area full of generic bad people and you shot them and you moved on.

They're shit.
>>
>>260717965
Gee, I wonder where all the SJWs are from. It's not like they're mostly from either USA or Canada.
>>
>>260712615
Canceling my Far Cry 3 download.
>>
>>260718098

Never been there, never will.

Back to >>>/pol/ with you, though.
>>
>>260718230
>"racism is bad, don't throw things at this interracial couple!"

The worst part is how 'vainilla' the 'racism' in Infinity is, trying to hard to play the 'racism' card but doing a telltale political correct version making the point flat.
But again, thats probably the smallest of the problems with Infinity.
>>
>>260718509
Never been there, never will.

Back to >>>/reddit/ with you, though.
>>
File: 1363755766307.gif (498KB, 500x593px) Image search: [Google]
1363755766307.gif
498KB, 500x593px
>>260715863
And they are here to ruin everything that's good.
>>
>>260718329

So what do we do from here?

Spread it, send it to their higher ups and make it be known that Ubisoft supports their staff actively belittling their customers and costing them sales.
>>
>instead of being a game meant to be entertaining and fun, games now need to have messages and themes

guess this is a good time to grow up and move on from games
>>
Far Cry 3 was pretty good. Shame FC4 is gonna be shit with dumb messages shoehorned in over the writing.

Political correctness murders fun in stories. It turns everything into a stupid checklist.
>>
>>260718352
>Implying you are even allowed
>>
The writers of Far Cry don't understand their own writing most of the time, it's marvellous. Each plot point in Far Cry was absloutely terrible; and these guys don't even know how to write a believable character. And now they want to tacle such complex things like politics. Lol, this is bound to end in a trainwreck.
>>
>>260711095
>There are people that get furious by this stuff but cannot for the life of them stop buying and supporting the developers
>>
Now I'm not even going to pirate it.
>>
File: 1405710223735.jpg (70KB, 443x322px) Image search: [Google]
1405710223735.jpg
70KB, 443x322px
>>260718509
>people still say >>>/pol/ unironically
>people think that is a valid thing to add to an argument
>people think it's all nazis and stormags

I hate the new guys. Where did they come from?
>>
>>260718230

Good point, but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be creative freedom.

It just means the quality of games are overall shit and creators currently don't anything worthwhile with their creative freedom, which we all already knew.
>>
File: 3918692-5035642936-dmc-d.jpg (56KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
3918692-5035642936-dmc-d.jpg
56KB, 600x337px
>>260718458

De ja fucking vu.
>>
Great for them, im still not gonna buy it.
>>
>>260718314
I just reinstalled that game
time to kill some commies
>>
Oh man. I can't wait to try as hard as i can to claim to be oppressed because there's a videogame that just came out and some of the characters aren't white, straight or men. Viva la revolution!
>>
>>260718830
>>260718329

I don't think you guys understand.

Ubisoft are currently wringing their hands and saying "Ohhh we can't wait for that SJW money. Fuck hardcore gamers, they just pirate games anyway. Those shit lords don't understand the importance of social commentary in video games."

Little do they know that this game is going to flop like a fat man from the diving board.
>>
File: dafuq.jpg (19KB, 253x296px) Image search: [Google]
dafuq.jpg
19KB, 253x296px
>>260718468
And this is only true of this particular game, as you know. Nothing you would play would ever be so crass as to suggest you enter an area full of generic bad people and shoot them.

>he didn't use stealth
>>
>>260718663

Agreed, I couldn't stand that.
>>
File: 1409243963406.png (320KB, 2149x4035px) Image search: [Google]
1409243963406.png
320KB, 2149x4035px
>>260719021
>>
>>260718501

You mean to tell me the great continent of socialism that is Europe doesn't have their own SJW presence or don't at the very least eat up SJW shit from elsewhere en masse?
>>
File: mado.jpg (584KB, 740x740px) Image search: [Google]
mado.jpg
584KB, 740x740px
>2014
>still even considering buying any Ubisoft game
>>
>>260711095
Why you guys keep buying thoses shitty rehashed games filled with shit then come on /v/ and complain how games are shit is beyond me.

Just boycott that shit.
>>
Things have gotten so bad, I've begun to appreciate lame sex jokes and cleavage-based attire in games just because it shows me that the devs haven't been influenced by this shit.
>>
>>260712543
It'd be hilarious to tweet that to them.
>>
>>260719021
/pol/ is one of the best boards on this site. One of the very few places where there is no liberal bias or liberal shutdown of facts on topics like race.
>>
>>260719207
It started long before Zoey Quinn
>>
>>260719172

Yeah but i'd rather it flop AND he be out of work.

But that's just me.
>>
>>260719021

It's certainly not all nazis and stormfags, but that is certainly where those type of people belong.
>>
>>260719182

>using stealth when you can just easily walk in and shoot people while slamming down healing items

And actually decent games have an interest and diverse troupe of enemies to kill who all have different attack patterns and shit.

FC2 was literally just shoot niggers and move on.
>>
>>260717338
>Why does is suddenly become unacceptable with video games?

Because most videogame writers are incredibly retarded.
>>
>>260718882
>Farcry 4 is gonna be shit because some of the characters are not white
They're just saying that to get tumblrinas exited
>>
>>260719035
>Good point, but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be creative freedom.

For sure. And it doesn't help when writers like in OP's pic, faggots like Gaider with Dragon Age Inquisition, and every "journalist" in the medium scold people who don't swallow everything they try to spoonfeed them.
>>
>cancels making M rated games for Wii U to cut costs
>cut costs with making female assassins in Assassins Creed Unity

>make statements that would only damage profit for your new game
bravo ubisoft
>>
>>260719021

You already lost the debate long before I mentioned /pol/.
>>
File: 1407526987949.gif (488KB, 390x162px) Image search: [Google]
1407526987949.gif
488KB, 390x162px
SJWs wont affect vidya, i promise you anon!
>>
>>260719439

It wouldn't surprise me if FC4 flopped then that department of Ubisoft would go down with it. FC3 didn't do that great, FC4 is lining itself up to just die.
>>
>>260711095
Well I don't play Far Cry so I don't care
>>
>>260717338

>there will never be a tic tac toe game with a cinematic experience that contains deep enriching philosophy
>>
>>260719437
It's gotten full force bad because of it though, because a bunch of stupid fucking retards thinks that an enemy of your enemy is your friend so we started actively fucking inviting Reddit and Tumblr on here.

I have seen posts encouraging people to post on Tumblr and make Tumblr accounts, and people saying "So what if I'm from Reddit?"
I didn't see that shit on here before this garbage.
>>
>>260719463
>lalalalalal anyone that disagrees with muh liberal narrative should be silenced!
>>
>>260713171
>>260712984
Gamer+
No, dear God, no.
>>
>>260718687

Nah, my friend goes there regularly and I don't like what I see.
>>
File: 1388680785285.jpg (48KB, 336x330px) Image search: [Google]
1388680785285.jpg
48KB, 336x330px
>>260711391
>>260712278
>>260712690
>>260713120
>>260714241
>>260714610

>neo-/v/
>>
>>260711683
Well the FC4 writing team is infinitely better than FC3's.
>>
>>260719172

Sadly, it won't do very badly. If Ubisoft is testing the waters, they're not being silly enough to do this without a fallback guarantee.

Far Cry 4 is a first person shooter. You know what that means.

The average gamer cares very little for whatever shenanigans go on on Twitter and the Social Justice Army, what they care about is "This game has fancy guns and nice graphics, time to shoot some mean people!". The Average Player is going to buy the game on its gameplay promises alone. That it is or isn't going to have themes of this or that is irrelevant to them.
>>
>>260719645
you didnt miss anything
>>
>>260719720

Ironic considering the person disagreeing with him was advised to leave before anyone even brought /pol/.
>>
File: laughing_crocodiles.png (448KB, 455x395px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_crocodiles.png
448KB, 455x395px
>>260719482
>easily walk in and shoot people while slamming down healing items
>he played on easy
>>
>>260719272

Not really. Canada is the same, SJWs are very, very fringe, which is why so many of them run to the US to peddle their bullshit. US is the only real market for them.
>>
File: twitter.jpg (128KB, 636x775px) Image search: [Google]
twitter.jpg
128KB, 636x775px
When will it end...
>>
>dumb shooter where you go berserk on mountain niggers
>"Let's shoehorn our political believes into it"
>>
>>260719840
>Well the FC4 writing team is infinitely better than FC3's.
Not according to the guy in OP.
>>
>>260719859

But Far Cries gameplay is shit tier.
>>
>>260713740
I liked blood dragon. Does it count?
>>
>>260718873

>instead of being a game meant to be entertaining and fun, games now need to have messages and themes

But literally no one said that or are implying that. There are plenty of options for everyone so long as you don't use just one platform.

Although if you PC game, then you still have plenty of options. Don't be a baby because you don't have the whole lot to choose from anymore.
>>
>>260720009
what the fuck, yo
>>
>>260720009
HMM WOULD BY THEIR OWN LOGIC THAT TERM BE MOTHERFUCKING APPLICABLE
I WONDER
TELL ME MORE ABOUT HOW THERE WERE SO MANY TRANSGENDERS IN MEDIEVAL TIMES
PLEASE
>>
>>260719840
The guy in the OP wrote LOL KOREA.
>>
>>260713981
heh
>>
>>260719551
This, it doesn't feel 'creative freedom' it screams 'PANDERING' to the SJW bitching brigade on twitter. Why announcing it to the four winds, specially worded in a 'FUCK YOU' way?
Sure, Is a thin line in some cases, but this guy makes clear in what side of the line he is.
>>
>>260719415
>>260719720

Do you guys really not see the irony in your comments?
>>
>>260711095
Let me guess:
>game's plot will be about a noble native killing evil whities
>somehow this is a radical statement that deserves respect
>>
>>260720057

As is Skyrim's. And look how well it sold
>>
>>260711095
Isn't he just re-asserting that the Far Cry series are for people with a complete lack of taste and an abilitiy to shut off their brains at will?
>>
Oh shit, but far cry 3 story and character we're so good, said no one ever

The worst thing is SJW complain about the boxart, and somehow they bend to them, knowing they will hate your game no matter what, great move
>>
>>260720057
>implying that's ever stopped the average vidya consumer
>>
>>260719760
It didn't work when they tried Atheism+ I doubt that would have much more success.
>>
What's a game that goes against the SJW agenda?
>>
>>260720454
Cards Against Humanity.
>>
>>260720454
Deus Ex
Fallout New Vegas
Postal 2
anything that is not Indie shit.
>>
>>260720541
Nope, they took out some cards after fems bitched. They're just as prone to caving
>>
>>260713340
lol, you probably haven't checked out that guy's Twitter. He's a total social justice tool.
>>
>>260720454
Postal? Papers Please?
>>
>>260716830
Far Cry 3 was better than Far Cry 2 by miles. RE5 was about the only realistic Africa sim.
>>
>>260719551

>And it doesn't help when writers like in OP's pic, faggots like Gaider with Dragon Age Inquisition, and every "journalist" in the medium scold people who don't swallow everything they try to spoonfeed them.

Very true. Absolutely true. I'm not trying say we need to put up with that sort of shit by somewhat siding with the SJWs on this subject. But there are certain things I believe in when talking about any sort of creative medium of entertainment/art in general.
>>
>>260711095
I figured you would be fighting to liberate Himalayan natives from an oppressive force from the beginning.
I doubt you'll be fighting against preferred pronouns, gendered slurs, and cultural appropriation.
I think the problem is most people who use that term proudly don't realize how often it is enacted for the most frivolous things.
>>
>>260719306
>implying that I was ever going to buy the game
>>
>>260720232
>>260720038
Yes. Because the guy in OP is dumb.
>>
>>260720645
>anything that is not Indie shit.

I presume you're also including Bioware games in that list then, Anon?

>generalizations
>>
>>260720541
That guy, too, apologized for offensive content and promised to remove it in subsequent editions.
>>
>>260719760
>Gamer+
>HIV+
>>
>>260717746
>3 to a lesser extent
>than FC2
Is this just the "RE6 wasn't that bad" effect? FC2 was terrible. FC3 was far better in every way except for being less brown and having less sexy fire.
>>
>>260720009
What the fuck is pan
>>
>>260719145
THIS.

Play non SJW games, please. Send them a message. When you think crap is too thick and preechy PLEASE contact the publisher. Us devs are being pressured by SJWs who threaten to make us look like assholes, because THEY ignore CLEAR DEMOGRAPHICS, not sexism!

The SJWs are starting to bully all STEM fields to.
http://slashdot.org/story/14/06/26/149217/tech-workforce-diversity-at-facebook-similar-to-google-and-yahoo
Cross culturally more guys are prone to games and engineering stuff. We celebrate the girls who love our fields! We can't expect 50/50 ratios because MEN AND WOMEN ARE DIFFERENT.

The SJWs are covering up medical science to push their agenda:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFYfZg1jsJU

Norway knows what's up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTOFXLl7eh4

They've seen how it went down in Sweden:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn3cHsHnUPM

The SJWs reign of terror is about to be over. Just COMPLAIN about it! That's ALL you have to do. We're listening, but if you don't bitch vocally about it, we can't do fuck-all about it.
>>
>>260720801
And more importantly, the lead writer is NOT dumb.
>>
>>260720648
>>260720829
Fucking goddamnit.
>>
>>260718161

Do you have an index and table of content to go with that post?
>>
Well, it's not like I was planning on getting it anyway. But now if I change my mind, it's a definite pirate.
>>
>>260720645
>anything that is not Indie shit.
Postal 2 was an indie game, though.
>>
>>260719172
I would love to see this game flop but unfortunately >>260719859 is right, it will still sell enough to get by. I don't know why they think this will help though, even if they get positive feedback from SJW, it's not like SJW actually play games. Most of them just bitch about them on the internet, like /v/. Though far cry might be casual enough for them to play now.
>>
>>260711095

Who the fuck plays Far Cry for the story?
>>
>>260720689
>FC3 was better than FC2
>>
>>260720267

It's funny because SJWs used that exact same argument against Senran Kagura.
>>
>>260720873
pansexual. It means bisexual for the specialist of special snowflakes.
>>
>>260720454
Yanno the only agenda part I see about 'diversity' is acting like you deserve praise for doing it as if you're fighting some force to add a gay in your game. Just do it asshole. Don't tell people about it.
>>
>>260720541
Also, apparently someone accused the creator of raping her.

His response was basically "I didn't intend to rape you, but if you saw things differently I'm sorry." Also, he didn't press charges because he didn't want to discourage women from reporting rape, despite the fact that he claimed he didn't rape her.

So, either he's lying and is a rapist, or he's telling the truth and is too beta do do anything about being falsely accused of rape.
>>
>>260711557
Amen, wich is already happening by the way.
Ask bioware what their sales numbers were for ME3 and DA2.
>>
Okay Mr. Ubisoft writer man, I won't buy the game.

Good job on losing your company sales.

We should get a /lit/ fag to type up some clever sounding email detailing how this massive cunt is actively trying to dissuade people who don't enjoy having other people's already popular ideologies thrust repeatedly into their face while they're just trying to enjoy video games.
>>
>>260720802
Old Bioware counts.
>>
File: GayFurryFaggots.png (28KB, 610x247px) Image search: [Google]
GayFurryFaggots.png
28KB, 610x247px
>>
>>260712615
Problem: we all could see that the bitch wasn't trustworthy and was using Jason to do her dirty work. Thus the ending was more about "would you rather save your annoying friends form the psycho bitch or be an idiot and get backstabbed by the psycho bitch" than whatever they imagined it to be.
>>
>>260717338
Some on here are for and some are against. Most I think just simply don't care about the idea. Personally I do think games are a new medium for artistic expression (through interactivity). However, that being said most games are not art, even the ones that try to have a "message". They better fall under the umbrella of Kitsch.

I think what most people don't like is that the "typical" "games are art" crowd don't have any subtlety, nuance or depth to their ideas or message. This isn't to say that art that expresses ideas in a brutal, forceful or aggressive way is wrong or bad. More that the people that are proponents of the "Games as Art" movement haven't given enough through to what they're saying / doing and the idea of interactive media. Their ideas aren't fully fleshed out and more often than not do not match up with the interaction, which creates a dissonance.

Ken Levine, for example, thinks that using racism & slavery as a backdrop in Bioshock Infinite without ever presenting and getting the player the confront it is commentary on racism. All the "choices" in the game are presented in the same way (QTEs), almost as if in their own minigame completely divorced from the main interaction method with the system.
>>
>>260715908
The difference is, nuclear weapons, wars, child soldiers and information control by nations are actual serious problems unlike SJW bullshit.
>>
>>260721038
It means we're gonna say Pan for the people that want to pretend their lady character was once a dude.
>>
File: 1221.jpg (7KB, 255x220px) Image search: [Google]
1221.jpg
7KB, 255x220px
>>260720009
>>
>>260717338
cont. from >>260721285

Far Cry 3 suffered from this as well. The story only existed inside prescripted cutscenes filled with QTEs. The rest of the game, the game the player experienced where they ran around killing people and taking over islands doesn't exist. Same with Tomb Raider 2013, Lara laments over killing a deer then spends the rest of the game slaughtering thousands of people.

The only game I've found so far that managed to convey ideas through interactivity for me was Braid. I know a lot of people on here hate Braid, think it's overrated, pretentious and shit and John Blow is an asshole. For me it's the only game that has come close to deserving the title of "art". Blow managed to convey and express purely through interactivity of a player with a system the ideas of obsession and lust, perfectionism and self-indulgence. The more you play Braid the more you become the main character, Tim, which I find a really interesting idea. I don't want to bore you with a long diatribe of analysis so i'll end it with that.
>>
>>260721057
>I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
We're sorry, MLK ;~;
>>
File: extremeworry.png (49KB, 594x351px) Image search: [Google]
extremeworry.png
49KB, 594x351px
>>
Social Justice: The idea of improving the lot of the underprivileged and attempting to solve real world social issues. A good thing that has had many net positive effects on society over the centuries.

Social Justice Warrior: Blogger who thinks that comic books, video games and movies are the most important social issue facing the world, trumping and causing such problems as starvation, corruption in politics, war, rape, financial inequality, and bullying. Cares nothing for actual social justice, just wants to argue with people to feel morally superior and like they're accomplishing something with their lives.

If any of these people gave an actual fuck about social justice, video games are pretty much the last thing they'd be putting all their energy into.
>>
>>260713031
Deus Ex raises good questions though and presents you with various answers. All the different factions present a different kind of ideology and you choose between them. It doesnt ram one single message down your throat
>>
>>260721120
>So, either he's lying and is a rapist
Since it didn't go anywhere beyond an accusation, I actually do believe his side of the story.
>>
>>260721245
By being gay, you're preventing women from being born, so being gay means you're killing women.

Why are gays so misogynistic?
>>
I'm not seeing the issue here.

Games have "messages and ideologies" into them since the start of the RPG, even if the message is just "Hey, don't be a Nazi"

Maybe he shouldn't be so foward into saying shit like "FUCK YOU, SOCIAL JUSTICE". But having Social Justice messages are something that you can see since for fucking ever in videogames
>>
>>260719595
I'm not even him, I just get annoyed when people think they are clever about things they know nothing about.
>>
File: 585938506_ad1167c019_o.jpg (179KB, 1407x787px) Image search: [Google]
585938506_ad1167c019_o.jpg
179KB, 1407x787px
>>260711095
Does this confirm no more Blood Dragon II ?
>>
>>260721473
>Male power fantasy of a woman sexually dominating her enemies
It's hilarious how these people don't even realize it.
>>
>>260721556
I believe him too, I was just pointing out that there were two possibilities and neither reflected well on him.
>>
>>260721057

>Dark Souls has a full on pre-op transsexual in it
>developers didn't feel any need to announce on every form of social media "THIS CHARACTER HAS B CUP TITTIES BUT ALSO A HUGE DICK, WE'RE SO DIVERSE #SOCIALJUSTICE4TRAYVON"
>people who played the game were generally positive about the character and thought they were interesting

How hard was that?
>>
>>260721567
b-but muh bone marrow
e-even if it causes birth defects, w-women master race!
>>
>>260721245

It's like looking at something that should not be. Like looking at a Shoggoth. The implications are there, the basic concept of what he's saying is there, but it's so visibly Wrong that I cannot comprehend how that opinion can actually exist.
>>
>>260721473
>Thor
Neo-Pagans, not even once
>>
File: 1408616300498.jpg (27KB, 292x500px) Image search: [Google]
1408616300498.jpg
27KB, 292x500px
I wonder what people will think when they look back on this period of games, where personal agendas actually get in the way of gameplay and choices the player can make, will the people playing wonder what the fuck the developers were smoking, and bring them up out of the grave to taunt the devs as to how retarded they were? Or will we have "progressed" so far to the point where we will look back at these games and think,
"wow we sure were lucky".
>>
File: Get off the damn train cj.png (44KB, 644x391px) Image search: [Google]
Get off the damn train cj.png
44KB, 644x391px
>>260712543
>>260719375
Done.
>>
Videogames are now movie tier
>Seen as an Art
>Everyone wants to put their own political message into it
>Appeals to casuals
>>
>>260721885
Super hard apparently. Especially when they see that gaming media is overrun by "news" about that shit and they want to get in on it.
>>
>>260721767
Why ?
>>
>>260720884
this, as someone work inside the industry
this is what you have to do
e-mail or better yet, call the marketing team and complain about it

In the end, money is the most important thing
>>
Okay prepare for faggotry content in this post, but I feel it needs to be said.

Fuck you /pol/fags. How's it feel to be your own worst enemy? How's it feel to be the reason the people we are trying fight even have a leg to stand on? Nothing is ever going change with the idiotic biased journalism in the industry because you guys just make it look we are against them because they are "progressive" and not because they are honestly some of the stupidest people on this planet.

Fuck you.
>>
>>260721607

Not on this level, no. Just like with Far Cry 3, it's probably gonna be ham-fisted and irrelevant social justice content.

The problem lies in the fact that the writers aren't focusing on making an engrossing story and the developers aren't focused on making an entertaining game. It's now just a vehicle for a flawed viewpoint within a flawed viewpoint; "we need social justice in an industry dedicated to entertainment."
>>
File: 1408920176943.png (777KB, 1360x762px) Image search: [Google]
1408920176943.png
777KB, 1360x762px
>>260716425
If only it were that easy. The normalscum will buy this game by the millions, and you know it.

Remember Watch_Dogs?
>>
>>260722297
It sucks being on embargo
>>
File: 1341599485493.jpg (7KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1341599485493.jpg
7KB, 184x184px
>>260722067
>>
>>260721536
I'm taking the opportunity of this post to announce something guys: please stop calling SJW marxists because there are in no way marxist and it is very offensive to the people such as me who think that Marx had some good points.

Marxism tl;dr is about empowering people who do the actual work.
SJW is pretty much people crying for free shit because they are "underprivileged" and crying for the "underprivileged".
Please don't taint Marx's name with their bullshit.
>>
>>260722271
ok
I dont know what you are talking about, but ok

Ive been on /pol/ like once in the 3-4 years ive been here
>>
>>260722179
It has manly men doing manly things and sex jokes.

SJW's hate that shit
>>
>>260721885
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfjdB7kaoxs
>>
File: 1405448359716.jpg (39KB, 410x408px) Image search: [Google]
1405448359716.jpg
39KB, 410x408px
>>260722067
boom
>>
>>260722476
Maybe you will play as a woman doing manly things and sex jokes
>>
>>260722441

If you still have the same opinions as them, the point still stands.
>>
>>260722361
Watch Dogs sold that much because PS4's owners had literally NOTHING to play.
>>
File: 1409105347655.png (13KB, 285x285px) Image search: [Google]
1409105347655.png
13KB, 285x285px
>>260721767
Remember when one of the Blood Dragon writers got pissed at a game journo for calling him a homophobe over 1 line of dialogue?

We need more people like him. He was probably let go.

RIP
>>
>>260722271
How does it feel that we run 4chan now? /pol/ is the lifeblood of 4chan without which it cannot exist, nad if you don't like it you can go back to srs where you belong, cunt.
>>
God damn, you guys are making me want to replay Far Cry 1. Nothing beats camping in a bush by a peaceful, grassy precipice, tropical breeze blowing through your hair, only the sound of the seagulls accompanying you, and sniping 50 niggas in the head from 500 yards as they frantically try and figure out what the fuck is going on.
>>
File: 1392491199732.jpg (62KB, 680x640px) Image search: [Google]
1392491199732.jpg
62KB, 680x640px
>>260722067
And now we wait
>>
>>260722632
The point doesnt retard. People can have opinions without being in hiveminds. Maybe you should get out if you dont like it. A whole board's general opinion shouldnt have to change for special snowflakes like yourself
>>
>>260722664
Who was the writer ?
>>
>>260720939
Joffrey also was the lead writer of FarCry 3, I don't see why this is a good sign.
>>
>>260712787
the only thing I enjoyed about Far Cry 3 was using that strong ass sniper you get near the end of the game to take out bases as the others kind of cowered in fear as they tried to figure out where the shots are coming from
>>
File: 2456980-ds.jpg (28KB, 438x640px) Image search: [Google]
2456980-ds.jpg
28KB, 438x640px
An open letter to Zoe Quinn.
http://pastebin.com/x6xLLffN
>>
>>260722067
How many copies you think they lost with that tweet of his?
>>
>>260722049

It really can go either way Anon. But I think the looming death of the classical gaming media, if it happens soo enough, will do a lot to clear some of the clouds
>>
>>260722271
they aren't really progressives, they are just normalfags that don't play their own games or any other game overall. Many video game developers in AAA studios and in even indie studios hire people that only have the skills to code and program but don't have the talent to design something great. They just look at whatever is trending in the world and just go for that.
>>
File: 1404857818218.gif (336KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1404857818218.gif
336KB, 200x200px
>>260717338
Because video game writing is overwhelmingly shit. Most people who are excellent writers will go make a book or go to the film industry. How many amazingly talented writers decide 'yeah I'm going into the video games industry!' None. Video game writing is scraping the barrel quality.

I have to agree with the other anon who said that if they aren't skilled enough to deal with a theme tastefully then just leave it out in favour of fun.
>>
>>260722067
You know he can report you to the fbi and shit, right?
A sjw developer is not above that shit.
>>
>Ubisoft
I couldn't give less of a shit.
>>
File: 1408858865288.jpg (7KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
1408858865288.jpg
7KB, 190x265px
>>260722849
Enough to make that dev rethink his tweets sadly
>>
>>260722849
Thousands. If not, tens of thousands.
>>
>>260712984
>you're going to extremely disappointed monday when they all go on stage at PAX and announce "Gamer+"
They did already. The SJWs are saying "we're witnessing the death of a gamer identity", and trying to call their new SJW constructed identity politics: "Player"

"Player" = Gamer+
(just ignore what playa means in pop culture)

See:
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/08/the-death-of-the-gamers-and-the-women-who-killed-them/ - by Casey Johnston - Aug 28 2014, 7:00pm CDT
http://kotaku.com/we-might-be-witnessing-the-death-of-an-identity-1628203079 - Aug 28 2014 8:00pm
http://dangolding.tumblr.com/post/95985875943/the-end-of-gamers - Aug 28 2014
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/224400/Gamers_dont_have_to_be_your_audience_Gamers_are_over.php - Aug 28 2014

All right before they had to go get ready for PAX.

Note:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_politics

Wiki is extremely SJW edited, Know what this "identity death" thing is?
"Proletariat, we're seeing nothing more than the death throes of the Bourgeois, we're winning!"
Same shit the commies used to gain control of media.

SJW = Everything has to be 100% Equal = Marxism.
Simple as that really:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marxist_feminism

Would you like to know More?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIpShuFUM0s
>>
>>260722931
saying and doing are two different things anon
>>
>>260712615
That's really fucking dumb.
>>
>>260711095
Their previous game was shit and this game will be shit.

Also
>giving money to ubisoft

Not even once.
>>
>>260722623

I'd still play it.
>>
>>260711095
I don't care at all. Neither should you.
>>
>>260711095
>Please don't buy our game

Well okay. wasn't planning to anyway.
>>
>>260722710
>If you don't like it, leave

Can't handle free speech?
>>
>>260722931

Reporting for an action that has not taken place yet

Has US law really degenerated to THAT point?
>>
>>260723187
Silence is consent, nigger.
>>
>>260722067

Grove St.

Home.
>>
>>260711095
That's ok. I wasn't planning on playing it anyway.
And neither will the literal faggots you're trying to pander to
>>
Nobody except actual SJWs cares about these issues. They care about money and since SJW opinions are the status quo, they will make more money pandering to these assholes.

Companies want to make more money, more at 11.
>>
>>260722102
The thing is though that for all the pretentious indie films and moralizing drivel in cinema, there's a ton of good, solid films, ranging from pure entertainment to deep philosophy.

Video games do not have that range in the slightest. So for this reason I support the call for more diversity in games. I just hate how the SJWs generally go about it, antagonizing markets and games they don't like instead of making games they do like.
>>
>>260722623
Sorta like Duke Nukem but with tits?

I think that I would play that game.
>>
>>260723306
I was going to possibly buy it since I lliked FC3, and thought it would be gr8 with co-op
>>
>>260713943
why do people think they're holier than thou once they become somewhat successful? I mean I'm that way too sometimes but I'm more along the Dio side when it comes to the holier than thou attitude. I just don't get it
>>
>>260723258
It's funny because you liberal niggers are the dumb niggers who shut down any opposition to sjw's, feminists and homosexual recruitment even when you're up against a defence here that's insurmountable
>>
>>260722067
did he delete your tweet? i hate cunts that can't handle a proper response and have to bail
>>
>>260723270
Yes.
I believe that would be conspiracy to commit piracy. You can be charged with that, I'm sure.
>>
>>260711095
Far Pirate Bay 4
>>
>>260722132

It's actually funny.

Souls is probably one of the only modern game series that actually requires a modicum of skill and can't be brute forced too easily. And I know people say "WELL YOU CAN JUST CIRCLE STRAFE HALF THE ENEMIES 2 EZ" but lot's of people cannot climb up that first skill wall where you have to learn how to not play like a retard or you'll die lots.

Anor Londo is about half way through the game and there are some tough parts of the game before that point. Getting to Anor Londo and beating Biggie Smalls is really the point where you can say you've cracked it.

Now do you notice how SJWs don't talk about Gwyndolin, the boy who was treated as a woman and truly believes he is a woman to the point he's managed to grow tits/he's using illusionary magic to have tits? I mean that's a great character right? Brought up to believe he's a girl because he has a natural affinity for the moon which was considered a feminine thing? But they don't so much as acknowledge he exists.

And this is because SJWs hate video games. They'd to have to put in the effort to find Gwyndolin, considering he's an optional, hidden boss.

All they want is a genre of media that only panders to them. They want big obvious characters who are horrible stereotypes of the people they THINK they are helping so they can walk through this cinematic experience and be all "OMG I love jacob, he's such a qt gay guy! XD i liek how he does dance and criticises the female cast's clothing! SO FAHNNY!".

In conclusion: Far Cry 4 is going to be a shit cinematic experience movie game full of SJW pandering with not a single interesting character in sight because SJWs aren't smart enough to read any deeper into a character than surface level.
>>
>>260723557
Nah it's still there as far as I can tell.
>>
>>260722710

>How does it feel that we run 4chan now?

How's it feel to be delusional. You guys see people using the word "nigger" and hatred of jews and assume they are stormfront like you even though that's been 4chan's culture since the days when it was noticeably more liberal (with wasn't even all that long ago). At this point 4chan is neutral territory, but it is the most repulsive to the more thin-skinned liberals of the internet. However, if the last election proves anything, liberal and conservative presence here is pretty much equal. You are still a loud minority. Most people barely even care to discuss political shit.
>>
>>260722931
>sir, we have reports that you stole a video game online.

K.
>>
>>260723080
Should we take this a sign that they are on their last legs or as sign that they will conquer everything?
>>
>>260723080

I'd like to refer you to this previous post of mine Anon

>>260714129
>>
>>260714113
> o be fair, actually making a game is the most valid way to address social issues
Negative! Have you not been watching? Make a game and DON'T toe the SJW line = get painted as a biggot by the game "journalism" which is SJW.

So, publishers have had to start buckling.
>>
>>260722415
A lot of SJWs self-identify as Marxists. That's them being fucking retarded, but that's the main reason so many people confuse the two.
>>
>>260722896

That's why I said "progressive".
>>
File: 4-8.gif (39KB, 556x526px) Image search: [Google]
4-8.gif
39KB, 556x526px
It seems like the only thing you have to do to completely invalidate the definition of a word is slap the word "social" down in front of it.
>Science
The quantitative and qualitative observation of the universe. If a model is proven wrong even once, it is invalidated.
>Social Science
I'll just form my model and then test it until I find an instance where it works, then send that to the publisher.
>>
>>260723529

Except I didn't shut down anything and agree with everyone against SJWs, you're the one losing your shit over simple criticisms, I'm not sure what's so horrible about allowing different opinions and debating.
>>
>>260714610
hahaha wow, the fucked up thing is that this is actually pretty accurate, except for the Hitler part.
>>
>>260722297
The endings of the Metal Gear games involve monologues about whatever theme they are going for while stock footage about humanity plays.
>>
>>260722931
You're a moron.
>>
>>260712091
Video games are art. However, like art, they shouldn't sacrifice the integrity of their medium for shitty political statements. All this shit about grinding a political commentary axe at the cost of gameplay, design and innovaion is like saying Stalinist realism was amazing art. Hey, it certainly conveyed a poltical message. Who cares if it was a bland repetiton of social/political themes that the party thought was important? That's art - conveying emssages, right?

tl;dr fuck off hipster
>>
File: 1314129654197.jpg (40KB, 339x353px) Image search: [Google]
1314129654197.jpg
40KB, 339x353px
>>260722768

>People can have opinions without being in hiveminds.

>A whole board's general opinion shouldnt have to change for special snowflakes like yourself
>>
>>260723732
>libshits think they're still relevant to this site
T
O
P

K
E
K
>>
>>260723438
>ranging from pure entertainment to deep philosophy
Mario bros and planescape
>>
>>260720873
It's something you fry eggs in, but that's not important right now.
>>
>>260723559

I'm not the greatest law student on earth, but doesn't conspiracy implies multiple involved parties?

Jesus. I'm sorry guys, I know how much /v/ hates HUEHUE, but brazilian law seems far more advanced and less ridiculous than US law in some fields. It's like you guys actively hate the concept of protecting your citizens and consumers.
>>
>>260711557
>>260711557

/thread was over around here. Just let it go.
>>
>>260724038
but Metal Gear series is anti-war while FC4 will probably be pro-castration and anti-patriarchy
>>
>>260723825
No, the main reason people confuse the two is that the SJW shit has it's originations in Marx. From a philosophical perspective, a lot of the SJW's use what is known as "critical theory", which hails from the Frankfurt School of thought and that has it's origins in Karl Marx and his writings.

Yes, it has it's origins in Marx and if you guys actually read up on Marx you would see that he is just as much of a whiny pissant that was wrong on just about everything (especially economics) and fantasized about some stupid egalitarian shithole.

They are Marxists through and through, so much so that they emulate their hero by being useless whiny retards that believe they are starting a revolution with whingy protests and shoehorning their retardation into everything.
>>
>>260724240
Basically. It's a country ran by corporations and jews.
>>
>>260720009
>it's real
>>
>>260722834

I don't want myself included under this. If you are writing an open letter. Use your own name.
>>
>>260711947
And that's because in movies it's expected and known that they occasionally address different social issues.

That should be obvious and expected in games too that if something is story heavy it probably has something it wants to say, relating to the real world issues not just the issues of planet Zebes.
>>
>>260723732
A third of all /v/ posters are /pol/ regulars. There was a survey not long ago.
>>
>>260723710
Reminds me of a screencap: one guy lists games where guys are sexualized or something and the SJW replied "I haven't played those so it doesn't count".
>>
>>260724304
You don't have to agree with whatever message though.

Also, it will probably just be "Down with the Evil Dictator" stuff with maybe some evil CIA guys like all the Far Cry games
>>
>>260719482
So what you're saying is that you didn't play on Hard or above?

Because that's what I think you're saying.
>>
>>260724114

No, we're not actually surprised that people on this board have never mentally developed past RAWR HATE EVERYTHING.
>>
>>260712615
>You save a girl you are misogynist
>you kill a girl you ar misogynist
what sort of retarded doublethink is that?
>>
>>260712608
>the goy knows
>n-no guys it's not like that, buy it!
>>
>>260720873
it means you rub your dick on a hot frying pan if you're a dude or you shove hot frying pans up your cooch if you're a woman
>>
File: 1352541643143.jpg (44KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1352541643143.jpg
44KB, 640x427px
>>260724194
>>
>>260722768

Whether your part of hivemind or not if you make stupid, hypocritcal posts like >>260712342 you just are as bad as any SJW and you are not helping anything. Just digging us further in a hole.
>>
>>260724748
Shut up misogynist
>>
>>260724748
SJW doublethink.
>>
>>260724038

The endings of metal gear games are usually interesting and about things like war and the state of humanity and how the world works. They're usually interesting to listen to and incredibly meaningful.

Far Cry 4 will literally be "BE NICE TO GAY PEOPLE AND DA WOMEN AND DUH WORLD WILL B GUD PALCE FOR THE CHILDRUNS!".
>>
>>260711095
Send him an e-mail
>>
>>260713340
>https://twitter.com/cjkershner/status/505098874223349760

Along those tweets OP screencapped, he linked to Sarkeesian's new video. It's a safe bet that he actually means what we expect him to mean when he talks about Social Justice.
>>
>>260711942
Slavery is definitely social issue. Not an timely one, but still. Being anti-slavery means you are an SJW.
>>
>>260724520

Let me guess, another ironclad strawpoll?

Let's see some proof. As a /pol/fag, you must have some chart filled with FACTS to share?
>>
>>260724691

>y-you didn't play m-muh shitty african shooter on hard?
>c-casual

It was boring as shit on normal. Why the fuck would I make it even more tedious and boring by having to sneak around everywhere?
>>
>>260711095
That's funny. I stopped playing since Far Cry 2.
>>
You guys are all anti-social, so there is no justice for you. :)
>>
/V/ are muslims of gaming industry,

The only answer to the shit around is terrorism.
>>
>>260725221

The hell is a /V/?
>>
>>260725293
I think it might be a board on reddit
>>
>>260725221
>/V/
>>
>>260725067
except slavery isn't bad lots of successful civilizations have had slaves like the Romans and Greeks and their slaves were well treated it's just that everybody thinks about niggers picking cotton and getting whipped with a bullwhip whenever slavery is brought up
>>
>>260725293
A twisted fucking psychopath
>>
>>260725221
/V/
>>
>>260724937
The point still stands.

You shouldn't get mad because the creator is trying to send a message. Every basic RPG at some level is trying to pass a message. like "WITH FRIENDS EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE"

Its how its delivered that its the problem
>>
>>260725105
If it was so boring, why did you play it so much? I was talking about both games, but I didn't call you a casual. I just don't understand why you'd play it on Easy, then call the game devoid of challenge.
>>
Well, I never had intention to play a Far Cry game in the first place. So, if I don't support them in the first place, and I never would, how can I...Double not buy their game? Tell others not to buy it? I don't have anyone else to tell not to buy the game...This is a sad day...
>>
>>260725293
head mod and owner of 4chan
>>
>>260722029
Dying in the final battle to end all battles alongside Odin to protect the ashes of your forefathers doesn't hold much sway with THIS generation of pagan wannabes.
>>
>>260725378
>galleys, silver mines and boy rape was "being well-treated"
>>
>>260725378

Jesus christ son, Punctuation. PUNCTUATION.
>>
STOP BUYING GAMES THAT PANDER TO SJW

DON'T EVEN PIRATE THEM

DON'T COMMENT ON THEM

DON'T DO ANYTHING THAT WOULD MAKE SOMEONE BELIEVE THERE'S INTEREST IN THOSE TAINTED GAMES

JUST STOP

This is the only way you can win this war, let the free market kill all their jobs, then they'll realize that the majority of people who chose video games as their hobby ( I refuse to use the term "gamer" ) don't want this crap in their vidya

The only reason they're getting away with it is because you apathic fucks keep buying their fucking games, just STOP. Don't do it, pretend they don't exist and play good games instead.
>>
Damn guys.

As a secret ant-SJW dev I'm fucking amazed at what you guys did.

BASED, /v/.

Some studios have always been on your side, but the publishers have been cramming SJW shit down our throats, asking us not to be too harsh in certain spots. We're like, WTF? Equality should mean you SEE that woman's brain splatter just like the guy's. "It could be taken as misogyny, not by us, but the public you understand". Grrrrr.

The "public" is mom's who spend the most money of anyone around Christmass on games. Gamers wouldn't care, but anyone with a woman's study degree starts railing about your game on a mom blog and we do lose sales.

If we hadn't been on your side /v/, these SJWs would have nothing to bitch about all these years.

Just wanted to give my appreciation.

I know it's not a "zoe" thread, but that shit is off the rails, so I also apologize for this shit spreading all over the other threads too. Sorry that the SJW bullshit runneth over.

Keep up the good fight anons!
>>
>>260724937
Children are like the last group SJWs care about, even lower than white men. The only reason SJWs even think of children at all ever is when they need to pull out of their asses a reason why a WOMAN deserves more money or is a victim or whatever. She has to see after the kids, poor woman! She needs money for her kids, give the WOMAN money. Sociopathic SJWs don't give a fuck about children, they only use them as a rhetoric tool knowing that non-sociopaths do care.
>>
>>260725067
>not a timely one

Human trafficking and sexual slavery are still issues in the modern world that most people just don't like to think about. I hate the SJW movement, but that doesn't mean there atent actual social justice issues in the world.
>>
If you are going against not being retarded, you are going to hate the 6 I included in this post.
>>
>>260725221
I heard that dem /V/ boys were building nukes and hiding WMDs in their backyards.
>>
>tell a gay guy I know on Steam that I'm gay too
>he starts sending me daily links from tumblr about the latest triumphs in social justice warrioring
>2DAY SOMEONE CALLED ME A "HE" WHEN I'M ACTUALLY A TRANSSEXUAL OMNISPECIES CHOCOLATEKIN SO I CALMLY TOLD THEM TO USE THE PRONOUN "CADBURYSHE". HE WAS SO CONFUSED, THIS IS BLATANT BLAH BLAH BLAH
>after a couple of days I just fucking delete him and block him
>now every gay person I talk to on the off chance I might actually get into a relationship is on the tumblr SJW lobotomy survivor train
>I will never get laid because of SJWs

Thanks America.
>>
>>260723876
The social sciences are generally known to be a joke amongst those who practice the hard sciences.

Unfortunately, social science is massively popular because you can't prove or disprove anything, meaning people can endlessly argue for or against whatever issue they've chosen. It's not like in math where if someone's math is bad you can blatantly point at it, say it's objectively wrong, and there's little the other side can really do to argue that "No, 2 + 2 = 5 because I'm OFFENDED if you don't let me live my life that way!"
>>
>>260725378

>except slavery isn't bad
>lots of successful civilizations have had slaves like the Romans and Greeks and their slaves were well treated

Nigga, I'd rather be a starving wolf than a wed-fed, pampered dog. Nobody likes not being in control of their own life. And if you do, go ahead and volunteer to someones slave then.

If you are American you should be ashamed.
>>
>>260725774
iktf all too well.
>>
>>260711095
I really don't fucking care what the content of your story as long as its well justified and isn't preachy. Nothing is worse than a SJW slant that's shoved down your throat.

As long as this stuff isn't contrived, it should be fine. The fact that the devs are bragging about it is a little worrisome. That rarely yields a quality product.
>>
>>260725418

I played on normal, which is assumedly the difficulty they want you to play it on because hard probably just doubles enemy HP and damage like every other shit game.

And I didn't play that much, I did the first area and then I was like "wow there's like 2 or 3 more areas like this? No fucking thank you" and got rid of the fucking blight.
>>
>>260711095

Let's hope it's about actual justice and shit and not over privileged sluts wanting to be sluts without criticism. I mean they did a good job on the last one,maybe he isn't a social justice bitch like the rest of them on twitter
>>
What happened to the Quinnspiracy threads.
>>
>>260725067
Not everyone concerned with social issues is an SJW.

SJW is used to refer to people online who are rabbily ultra-feminist and go around fighting misogony, make-believe racism and other fun things on the interwebs, while unironically being sexist against men and racist against white people in general.
>>
>>260725774

Sometimes I wonder what it's like to be both homossexual and not completely insane. You guys probably have it hard. My sympathies.
Pun unintended.
>>
>>260725774
>I'M ACTUALLY A TRANSSEXUAL OMNISPECIES CHOCOLATEKIN SO I CALMLY TOLD THEM TO USE THE PRONOUN "CADBURYSHE".

This made me laugh.
And then it made me cry, because I realized that it might not even be a hyperbole, the state of SJWdom being what it is.
>>
File: 4feels.jpg (56KB, 760x298px) Image search: [Google]
4feels.jpg
56KB, 760x298px
>>260725774
>tfw bi-sexual
I know your pain bro, I pretend to be straight most of the time to avoid it
>>
>>260726123

The thing is that the older generation of gay people aren't this nuts because they're just gay people.

It's the younger generation who are getting sucked into this fucking void of pants on head, dick in hand insanity.

So I guess I should go get in bed with a daddy or something.
>>
>>260725892
>If you are American you should be ashamed
I am ashamed about living in America
>>
>>260725378
if you dont think being a slave is so bad why dont you go sell yourself to indentured Servitude then anon?

Just because those ciilizatios took slaves doesnt make it okay, nor does it make it make them great that they did and besides, The Romans had a completely different concept of Slavery than Early modern Europeans did.

Read a book you dumb nigger
>>
>>260725892
If he is american and not part of the 1%, he is already a slave.
>>
File: 1409163121672.gif (1MB, 446x469px) Image search: [Google]
1409163121672.gif
1MB, 446x469px
>>260711095
Good thing I wasn't that interested in Far Cry to begin with...
>long-ass Jersey Shore opening
>can't skip
>somehow lose progress of game
>have to start ALL over again
>>
>>260711095
>Caring about Ubisoft's garbage
>>
>>260726242

I've seen posts of people talking about how Dragonkin was an recognized concept in the Aztec Empire represented by Quetzacoatl that was suppressed by the evil europeans. I showed it to a friend I have who's a Social Justice Warrior I sometimes poke for entertainment. Even she was confused.
>>
>Eveyones is saying we can end this if we just pirate or not play their games at all

Hey, have you guys ever thought about this? Is the reason SJW have more clout these day is because the devs are just pandering to were the money is. By taking our money out of the equation, don't we just give them every reason to pander to the people who do spend money?

Oh but we swear SJWs don't actually play the games that pander to them and the billion dollar companies have simply wanted to set themselves up for failure for the past couple years. Right.
>>
>>260726008
>hard just doubles enemy health and damage

Nope. It raises enemy awareness of you, making stealth and combat harder, spawns a couple more enemies, and makes ammo more scarce. Damage and enemy HP is increased a little, but not much.
>>
>>260726417
In Roman Law, there was a thing called manu injectio which allowed a creditor to enslave his debtor and sell him to recover the money he owed him.
Thread posts: 506
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.