[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
He was completely right about New N Tasty
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 391
Thread images: 42
File: photo.png (164 KB, 900x900) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
photo.png
164 KB, 900x900
He was completely right about New N Tasty
>>
>>260387640
I'd have no idea since I've never played either.

I just like his voice
>>
He's right about most things except forgiving the awful camera in Wonderful 101
That shit is painful
>>
I did too, but I still really like how it looks. He never said he hated the game outright, just disappointed
>>
Fuck off with your shitty viral threads.
>>
Nah. He's a faggot.

I think it looks better. And there's no need for a game as shallow as it is to be grimdark.
>>
Videogames version of Half In The Bag starring Matthewmatosis and Mechagamezilla getting drunk in a pub and talking about vidya fucking WHEN?
>>
>>260388227
>talking about the one good video game reviewer
How about you leave the thread? Or better yet, go watch the review.
>>
File: 1405587770592.gif (721 KB, 446x251) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405587770592.gif
721 KB, 446x251
>>260388480
>/v/ defending HD remakes
>>
>>260387829
this
>>
I was really looking forward to the game, but his video convinced me not to buy it

I might have been able to brush off the new aesthetics, but fucking with the original's control scheme was a deal-breaker for me
>>
Did they ruin Abe's Oddysee?
>>
>>260388907
Why on earth would they not allow d-pad control for a 2D platformer? It makes no sense.

It's not like the controllers don't have d-pads.
>>
>>260388907
The video turned me off from buying not for the downgrades, but for advertising another game. that shit is low
>>
>>260388939
No, the PS1 and PC versions are perfectly fine. It's just that a shitty HD remake is now one the market.
>>
>>260388598
>the one good video game reviewer
>only releases "reviews" in video form making me spend 5 times as long to get the same information

Nope.
>>
>>260387640
He's the most pretentious reviewer I've ever seen, his Antichamber review was complete wank
>>
>>260389480
Who do you like?
>>
>>260389480
I agreed with it. I thought Anti-chamber was cool, but the first few puzzles that messed with perception and space were awesome, then I got a block gun to solve block puzzles.
>>
File: 1317274673921.jpg (52 KB, 526x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1317274673921.jpg
52 KB, 526x300
>tetris
>a perfect game

Well then there's no point for ANY OTHER FUCKING VIDEOGAME TO EXIST.
>>
>>260389480
How are his reviews pretentious?
You better not be one of those wankers that uses the word to describe anything they don't like, otherwise I hope you die of ass cancer.
>>
>>260389869
>Well then there's no point for ANY OTHER FUCKING VIDEOGAME TO EXIST.
are you retarded?
>>
>>260390006
Do you not understand the concept of perfection?
>>
>>260388598
>the one good video game reviewer
Are your standards a little low, anon?
>>
>>260389447
Videos allow the reviewer (notice I didn't put quotation marks around it?) to show you what he's talking about. Visual evidence. If he had just said "I got bugs during my playthrough", people could call BS. But actually showing 3 or 4 bugs he recorded shows you how fucking poorly the game was re-done.

So yeah, go back to reading Kotaku or IGN or whatever if you don't have time to watch a 10 minute video.
>>
>>260389732
Larry Bundy Jr and this guy https://www.youtube.com/user/Gggmanlives

>>260389874
>Ass cancer
Funny because I sometimes watch Total Biscuit
>>
>>260390114
per·fec·tion
p?r?fekSH?n/
noun
noun: perfection

the condition, state, or quality of being free or as free as possible from all flaws or defects.

Yes. Leonardo Da Vinci's can be called "perfect"
Doesnt mean there's no reason for any mroe art ot be made
>>
>>260389869
This is autism
>>
>>260387640

I swear to god, you guys are fucking obnoxious about this guy. And when I mean, obnoxious, I mean toxic.
>>
>>260388598
>talking about the one good video game reviewer
yea sure
>>
>>260390532
>toxic
Fuck off back to vivian threads and then realise you're not welcome on this board, faggot.
>>
>>260390246
>to show you what he's talking about

I too wish there was a way to describe things in text form. Too bad it doesn't exist huh.

Seriously speaking though it's not like I can even go into the review blind, because he doesn't give a rating, and watching it without playing the game will spoil the game to an extent.

>10 minute video

I guess you never really look at any of his video lengths then, eh? Try 5 times that length.
>>
>>260390342
That's right anon, as free as possible from ALL flaws and defects.
>>
The devs have been so good with the critisism. They are aware of what he covered and appreciate his views. They've been talkin to us about this in the oddworld forums and the fact that they are listening to what's being said makes me happy.

The guy is right, but we can learn from everything he's shown.

I really enjoyed new n tasty as it was a new game and the possible rebirth of oddworld, and I've been a fan since it's begining. It's worth a play through as it is fun and pretty. I love the original more so but I still love this new one too. Plus ther effort and hard work is evident. I don't know any other dev team that's as nice and open as they are.
>>
>>260391089
you're just shitposting
I think you'd like it more ehre
>>>/b/
>>
>>260390916
> wanting ratings
> thinking matt isn't concise

stop gaming
>>
>>260389137
360 Dpad is not much better than an analog stick
>>
>>260390148
>>260390613
>explains things carefully and clearly
>shows/gives multiple examples of the points he is trying to make
>no waky jokes, derailing the video
>no 5 minute intro song for his videos
>doesn't fall back entirely on his "feeling" about something (not Egoraptor)

If you guys can find me a handful more reviewers like him, I'd be surprised.
>>
>last time I posted this guy's critique on dark souls some assblasted pussies decided to flag it as advertising
>the anallypummeled mod was so devistated he banned me for a week for "advertising"

Get fucked /v/ you're so full of shit if op doesn't get banned
>>
>>260391849
Mods are always full of shit.
>>
File: 1317635610889.jpg (22 KB, 373x434) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1317635610889.jpg
22 KB, 373x434
>>260391527
So I don't even know whether or not a game is worth playing until I watch his review, and then I'll get SPOILED by the review if I end up watching it.

Nice anon. You sure aren't a dumb fuck.
>>
>>260390916
...You didn't read my post before you replied, did you?

You can't SHOW recorded gameplay through a text paragraph, you dolt.
>>
>>260391674
Mrbtounge
brutalcumpower

those are both pretty good, but they talk more about design as a whole than review games themselves. Not 5 mins with a rating slapped on the end though, so some people may find them unwatchable.
>>
>>260390916
Then go to Metacritic. If you want a quick idea of how good the game is, there are hundreds of reviewers who do just that. This guy is one of the few who consistently does thorough criticism.
>>
>>260392031
>You can't SHOW recorded gameplay through a text paragraph

You can't SHOW gamePLAY at all fuckwit.
>>
>>260389480
>He's the most pretentious reviewer I've ever seen
Do a youtube search for "errant signal"
>>
>>260390310
I like Larry, but his taste for anything past like, 1996 is absolutely pleb-tier.
>>
File: 1404208497277.gif (382 KB, 392x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1404208497277.gif
382 KB, 392x500
>>260387640
I can't wait for this faggot to magically appear in this thread because he miraculously happened to be browsing /v/ at the same time. fuck your viral thread matthew, I don't even care if this is a false flag anymore
>>
>>260392051
>Mrbtounge
he doesn't review
>>
File: 1409139315041.jpg (34 KB, 489x479) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1409139315041.jpg
34 KB, 489x479
>THA HELMETS LOOK DIFFERENT THEREFORE THEY'RE BAD!!!!

jesus christ dude, i know you like the franchise but cut it some slack
>>
>>260392160
You are an absolute fucking retard.
I bet you're one of those fuckwits that makes those shitty "gameplay > everything everything else needs to fuck off it's killing gaming" threads.

How does someone as retarded as you function? How are you still alive?
>>
>>260392025
have you tried watching trailers and info about games and if it interests you trying it out for yourself? His reviews are mainly for people who want an analysis of a game they have already played.
>>
>>260392025
That's why before he fucking spoils anything, he says "I suggest you play the game before continuing, preferably the original"
>>
>>260387640
>new n tasty
Link?
Also, where´s the PC version? Hasn´t the PSN month of exclusivity passed already?
>>
>>260392348
>Implying his criticism of the helmet design doesn't make complete sense
>>
>>260391674
Super Bunnyhop is very good, but not quite as analytic as matthewmatosis.
>>
>>260392051
>Mrbtounge
he has shitty opinon
>>
>>260392348
And this post is why videogames will never be taken as seriously as any other form of medium.

Also, you didn't even summarize his argument at all, he didn't say "they're bad because they look bad," he said "they're bad because they're completely irrational in design and the original design makes more sense."
>>
>>260392025
You do realize his video was a comparison, right? He said at the very begining that you should play the game, because he isn't covering it's story. He did do a review of the original game, and again, stated that you should play it first.

So if you did not play the game, and you did not watch the videos... why are you posting in this thread?
>>
File: 1404956314422.jpg (112 KB, 500x645) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1404956314422.jpg
112 KB, 500x645
>>260390706

Look at the pot calling the kettle black. I wonder if metastatic cells are like that in the human body. "Go back to the urinal tract, you're not welcome on this body, faggot, we're taking over". You fucking people.
>>
>>260392080
And yet doesn't even label whether or not his criticism is putting the game in a positive or negative light from the very beginning.

How much of a dickhead do you have to be to even go so far as to CONCEAL your disposition towards a game so that people are forced to watch the whole thing before they get a clue about whether it's worth playing?
>>
I dont really fully agree with his view of the HD remake but its a neccessary evil since it'll put Oddworld back on the map. But I agree where he found the developer's advertisement of his other game is a pretty low thing to do on a remake.
>>
>>260392348
It's objectively true, though. That helmet doesn't make any sense for that character.
>>
>>260392474
>I suggest you play the game before continuing

BUT WHAT IF THE GAME IS NOT FUCKING WORTH PLAYING?

Do you faggots even realise why all serious movie reviewers actually rate their shit?

I guess not.
>>
>>260392558

If by shitty you mean good then yes.
>>
>>260392316
as I said they don't, but simply explaining why something like morrowinds religious pilgrimage works is more than your get out of any mainstream article that is written for the lowest common denominator and the people that sign their checks.
>>
>>260392612
>He said at the very begining that you should play the game

So all of his reviews are positive then?
>>
>>260392348
But his argument wasn't that it looked different. It's that it made no sense for a "predator" type enemy to have their eyes on the sides.
>>
>>260391849
OP here. Don't get mad at me because mods haven't deleted the thread yet. I don't have control over them.
>>
>>260392879
because different strokes for different folks you braindead fuck.

it's like you don't even understand what perspective or taste means.
>>
>>260392612
Yes reviews are comparisons to other things within the hierarchy of the thing that you are reviewing. News at 11.
>>
>>260391849

Got what you deserved, it seems.
>>
File: 1320884309053.jpg (21 KB, 367x451) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1320884309053.jpg
21 KB, 367x451
>>260393095
>because different strokes for different folks

lol

May as well just shit on the entire idea behind his "reviews". Watch it or not, different strokes for different folks. What's that? He has a problem with something? Different strokes for different folks.
>>
>>260393058
it's because you're not posting a video in a thread full of people trying to viral their cash-in on a moderately decent franchise.

People who enjoy dark souls 2 for anything more than the slightly different environments from previous titles just have the worst goddamn taste in videogames.
>>
>>260393348
>lol
kill yourself
>>
>>260392743
He's assuming that anyone watching his video is interested in his specific points. If you're looking for simple number score, it wouldn't make any since to watch his videos, and therefore it doesn't make any sense for him to cater to that audience.
>>
>>260392160
Oh! hahaha shit, ok. I didn't realize I was arguing with someone as far gone as yourself. What a waist of time. Never mind. As you were.
>>
>>260393007
so your logic is to not watch his reviews for fear of spoilers, look at an arbitrary rating without even knowing if he is a good reviewer because you haven't watched his content, and then buy the game because he thinks it's good and you have no idea why?
>>
>>260393454
There's nothing simple about a number score anon, especially one given out by an expert on what they are rating.
>>
>>260392542
I'll check it out, thanks.
>>
>>260393348
you're trying too hard to find a definite value in opinion.

Despite your close-minded view of the world, everything cannot be black and white, you must leave room for other shades.

If you sincerely think that there's someone out there who reviews anything and isn't somehow biased towards at least one thing, you lead a life without common knowledge, and I weep for you.

Good luck in your future hardships anon.
>>
>>260392743

How fucking thick are you that you can't interpret criticisms without a big number telling you what you should think?
>>
>>260392580
This guy right here.
>>
>>260393384
eh. The new environments were mostly shit too.
>>
>>260392031
Did you read my post?

I just said that you can describe it. You know anon? Words are used to describe real concepts that exist.

Fucking neanderthals that can't even describe a concept without shoving whatever they are trying to describe in your face.
>>
>>260389412
well obviously, I even still have my copy. I was asking about the remake.
>>
>>260391553
But they were releasing for other consoles, too. How can you possibly get that absorbed in one single version of your game when the others should matter just as much?
>>
>>260393975
> thinking a bias invalidates an opinion
> not understanding a bias is only bad when you are trying to keep it hidden

if the points are solid, the bias doesn't matter, he has a bias for the original because it is a better game, even is nostalgia was involved it wouldn't matter so long as his proofs weren't arbitrary.
>>
>>260392743

Number scores are completely daft and they always have been. Boiling down an entire nuanced opinion into a position on a linear scale removes it of all value and contributes nothing to the actual analysis
>>
>>260394073
very true but they were certainly pretty.

I liked some of the designs for enemies as well.

Just got sick of the whole Capra demon: the game


We can all agree we'd fuck that bird though.
>>
>>260388549
I would love this
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 296x435) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 296x435
>>260393348
He evaluates the game allowing you to come to an opinion about it.

If he said there is in game advertising present in this game you wouldn't disregard him because you don't agree that it's a bad feature; he's simply preventing evidence.
>>
>>260393623
>look at an arbitrary rating without even knowing if he is a good reviewer

That's right. Because if he recommends something, then I can simply get it, play it, and afterwards match my opinion to his and see whether his opinion holds any weight or not, whether his tastes are similar to mine or not, etc.
>>
File: 1318373871798.gif (1 MB, 172x162) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1318373871798.gif
1 MB, 172x162
>>260394517
>He evaluates the game allowing you to come to an opinion about it.
>I don't form an opinion of a game until I see his evaluation
>>
>>260387640
stop arguing about this fagget and link the fucking video you shitlers
I want to watch but I have no idea who this guy is
>>
>>260394835
If you say his name three times in a mirror backwards, he will appear.
>>
>>260394424
I am not thinking anything I am STATING that an opinion is only further proven to be just that by an individual being biased towards something.

If it has to be an opinion, it's just an opinion right?

Reviewers cannot be completely relied on for whether or not a game is good. Because they're all about opinions.

Some things are blatant facts that could make or break a game for some I suppose, but only some, not all.

You asked "Why review it at all" I answered you to the best of my abilities, you misinterpreting that has nothing to do with anything else, now fuck off.
>>
>>260394286
You heard it here folks visuals proof and stimuli are fucking worthless. Get rid of movies and plays, fuck tear your eyes out and just read using braille and listen with our ears.
>>
>>260394426
>Number scores are completely daft and they always have been

"Number scores, like it or not, are automatically embedded within reviews by the very process of their composition, and there is no way to unembed them."

- Not an idiot
>>
>>260394734
Yes, you come to opinion on a game after his review, the fact that you disagreed or agreed with him would be irrelevant in deciding if you want to purchase the game or not.

I'm not sure if we have different understandings of the phrase "different strokes for different folks"
>>
File: 1318629837361.gif (1 MB, 150x150) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1318629837361.gif
1 MB, 150x150
>>260395113
Dude it's a review.
>>
>>260393176
Ok, if you want to generalize, sure. But matthewmatosis specifically has Reviews and Compatison videos. He has a full review of Abe's Oddessy, where he talks about everything from story, to game design, to development. The New N Tasty video is a comparison between Abe's Oddessy and the changes made for New N Tasy. It's not about telling you whether or not they're good games that you should buy, giving it an arbitrary score, it's about whether or not the Remake improved the game at all. He did the same for Wind Waker and Wind Waker HD.

So yeah, if you want to know if Abe's oddessy is a good game, go read or watch a review, or simply play the game. If you want to know whether or bot you should play the original or the remake, watch or read a comparison of the two.
>>
>>260395038
>hurr people hold opinions

Wow anon, got any other words of wisdom?

And an expert on a subject would hold a more VALUABLE opinion than somebody who isn't.
>>
>>260392025
You get spoiled by watching or reading any review for anything, it's always best to go in without hearing another opinion before.

The videos are clearly an analysis, you're complaining about them being something they never tried to be.
>>
>>260395604
>t's not about telling you whether or not they're good games that you should buy, giving it an arbitrary score

Dude, first of all, reviews should tell you whether or not a game is something that is worth PLAYING. People can get a game in whatever way they want to.
>>
>>260395728
Got anything that isn't a shitpost?
>>
>>260395780
Exactly.

Did you not understand the context to what you are replying to?
>>
>>260395870
I think you misunderstand the general term of a review.

Review does not explicitly mean that, though he does provide that in most cases. He gives in depth analysis of the games at any rate, and that's what a review is.
>>
>>260395780
>videos are called reviews
>they are clearly an analysis
>>
>>260389480
Unless I'm forgetting something, didn't he say it's not too good? I remember getting bored during the second half with the guns, and that's basically what he said too.

Or do you mean it's pretentious to not like it?
>>
I have no idea who this faggot is but can someone tl;dr what he had to say?

I'm just curious.
>>
>>260395038
I didn't ask why review it at all, as I'm not the guy you were replying too.

in a review the opinions expressed should be rationalized and justified to appeal to a more general sense of good and bad, if the story is criticized because it's full of plot holes it assumes that the majority of people think plot holes are bad, if a game about anti-consumerism starts trying to sell you things with ads it assumes that most people think hypocrisy dumbs down a message.

if you have a counter-argument than say it, it doesn't mean opinions themselves makes objectivity impossible; unless you're a nutjob that simply likes the taste of shit.
>>
>>260396321
What do you think a review is?
>>
>>260396375
He just copies what /v/ says about a game then proceeds to viral his shit on /v/. You should already know what his review is about just by knowing what /v/ has already said about New N Tasty
>>
>>260388549
Fucking fund it.
>>
>>260396375
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkhDrngAQZ0

TL;DR: Stick to Exoddus and Oddysee
>>
I've never watched any of this guy's videos before, is he Irish? Sounds like it
>>
>>260396689
So where in the video does he say it's complete shit and then five minutes later praise it as the Second Coming?
>>
>>260396706
>37 minutes

What in the actual fuck.
>>
>>260396375
no that would defeat the purpose of the comparison itself, the tl;dr version would be that he feels the remake of new and tasty doesn't improve or stay true to the original.
>>
>>260396276
>Review does not explicitly mean that

Of course they do. There is no reason to analyse something unless you are making a value judgement of its worth.
>>
>>260396706
>Bitching about the art direction and the fact that the screen is tinted a different color in the first 10 seconds

lol holy shit >>260396689 was right
>>
>>260396853
He gets very in depth with his reviews and reasons everything he says.

If you just want the meat and bones listen to the last five minutes.
>>
>>260397029
Review and analyze are synonyms you twit.
>>
>>260397043
> actually strawmanning

I mean that word get's thrown around as a buzzword (ironically a buzzword in itself now) but actually doing it is hilarious.

why are you ignoring his reasons WHY the change in art direction hurts the game?
>>
>>260397449
I didn't do it though.

I didn't make any argument.
>>
>>260397237
But it does not mean they are fucking interchangeable you fuckwit. They represent different concepts.

Go re-do your english classes.
>>
>>260397596
Which is why you're throwing around buzzwords.
>>
>>260392879
His videos are for analysis of games. They're not typical reviews.
>>
>>260397746
What buzzword did I use? The one throwing buzzwords is you, you stupid fuck. You even acknowledged as much when you did it not 30 seconds ago.
>>
>>260396706
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABcXyZn9xjg

I don't understand why so many people are surprised that you can talk about something in such detail. Going in depth like this is so much more valuable than hearing some guy say "yeah the gamefeel was alight, and the graphics are cool, I think it would have had better pacing though", and a bunch of shit anyone could say.
>>
>>260397724
>synonyms aren't interchangeable

What the fuck /v/?
Are you fucking serious?

>>260397932
Actually, I'm not him. Saying "Holy shit x was right" is pretty buzzword. Whether you're ignorant of this or not does not make that any less of a buzzword term.
>>
His comparison video made me try playing the original game again and I actually am liking it quite a bit. Shame the PC port was so barebones.
>>
>>260397939
I'm not surprised he can talk for that long I just really don't care enough about his opinion to watch him drone on for 40 fucking minutes. Which is why I wanted the bulletpoints.
>>
>>260392879
>I suggest you play the game before continuing

He's fucking telling you that you should play the original game, that's the information you needed. Do you really need a 8/10 next to those words to help you?
>>
>>260397449
>why are you ingnoring his reasons WHY

The reason why is irrelevant, the point is /v/ said the exact same shit which proves that he copies what /v/ says. Go to bed Matthewmatosis and stop shilling of /v/
>>
>>260397932
> thinking that why my response
> thinking if something can be used a a buzzword it is always a buzzword
> pretending your argument wasn't that we should ignore his reviews because he criticized the artstyle which is an inherently nonsensical thing to do for some reason.

don't be so stupid, stupid.
>>
>>260398503
>two people are both complaining about the same thing in a game
>it must be that one is copying the other and not that it's a genuine issue with the game
How about you go to bed, Just Add Water.
>>
>>260397939
>Going in depth like this is so much more valuable

Oh?
So 600 pages of this shit is more valuable than a succinct review that goes no more than 3 and doesn't waste your time?
>>
>>260398337
>e's fucking telling you that you should play the original game

Yes anon, he says that shit on ALL his videos. Because there are spoilers.

Are you telling me ALL his ratings are 4/5 or 5/5? Because there is no way there is a good critic that simply recommends EVERYTHING.
>>
>>260396853
You should see his MGS4 review.
>>
>>260398503
> the reason's why are irrelevant

are you fucking serious? You think he has no integrity and is only parroting what /v/ what's to hear?
>>
>>260398868
Well, there's no clear answer to that.

Based on the intent of the review and the reason someone is seeking a review neither review would inherently be better than the other.
>>
File: 1408802919251.jpg (11 KB, 289x285) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1408802919251.jpg
11 KB, 289x285
>>260399374
Yes, that is exactly what I think
>>
>>260399374
I also think he's the OP of this thread.
>>
Hey guys, whats up?
>>
>>260387640
I'm so glad he highlighted the shitty sound balancing. Genuinley thought I had a bugged download of the game because I could hardly hear Abe talk. Turns out it was the retard behind the mixing board.
>>
>>260399872
And probably the first 10 or so posters as well.
>>
>>260399891
Hi
>>
>>260399739
> posts Chinese cartoon girl

well that explains everything, you losers are all mentally-ill, reasonable discourse is impossible.
>>
>>260399891
Have you ever thought about doing written reviews?
>>
>>260399891
You're not even gonna put on a fake tripcode?
>>
Impressive review.
>>
>>260400017
> implying everyone here isn't matthewmatosis
>>
i love how back in the day, matthew would openly post on /v/ and ask for critiques and feedback on his reviews, which almost always ended with him being told to fuck off

how times change
>>
>>260397065

He gets very in depth when it comes to caressing his own nipples.
>>
>>260400112
it's not him, he has a special tripcode he uses
>>
>>260400335
Now I just mostly listen
>>
>>260393648
>Game reviewers are now experts
>>
>>260397939
The people who don't care aren't gamers. They probably get bored two minutes in, it's these ADD faggots nowadays ruining everything.
>>
>>260398868
It's 37 fucking minutes man, how carefully do you ration your internet time? You'd spend the same time watching some shitty TV episode, but this guy's videos have some actually insightful things to say.

He's not a buyer's guide critic. He only reviews a game or two a month and often not the big releases, but he goes way in depth. I never planned to buy NnT ever because I could tell by the trailers that it would be shit - I watched the video to get a better understanding of game design in general by listening to one person's very detailed, painstaking criticism. For me, that's easily more valuable than some casual mainstream site giving a yea or nay on whether the reviewer believes that his readers will find the game to be worth some arbitrary amount of money.
>>
>>260400529
That's who should review something, yes. An expert on the subject.

You disagree?
>>
>>260399891
It's almost 2am, go to bed
>>
>>260397043
lel, /v/ is nowhere as close as this guy. Same goes for MrBtongue, no one can touch that guy.
>>
>>260387640
I havent watched videos that go more indepth in anything.
Not even videos about films
>>
>>260400179
Why try?
>>
>>260400625
>It's 37 fucking minutes man

I could go through 2 whole credits of Espgaluda and read 10 pages of something in that time.
>>
>>260400652
> being this naive
>>
wish he would do a series of videos on all the original oddworld games. I've been wanting that since before his new n tasty video came out, when I found out he was a big oddworld fan.
>>
>>260387640
At least he has a PS4 for bloodporn
>>
I would pay to see Lorne's rebuttal of this.
>>
>>260400829
Because you're a fucking faggot with a shitty life and if you're going to impersonate a minor internet celebrity for shits and giggles you can at least spend the extra two seconds putting on a fake trip.

I still love you anon
>>
>>260400886
he has a massive backlog of stuff to do, everyone is asking "review my favorite game" he still needs to finish the dark souls vid, then he has expressed interest in doing a metroid series, a dmc series, okami, a smt and persona series, a review of 999/vlr it's better to not get your hopes up about a specific review happening anytime soon.
>>
>>260389869
Tetris is perfect though. The only perfect game that will ever be made probably.
>>
>>260400986

I don't know if he runs the official twitter or not, but they responded to the video, as did Matt Glanville
https://twitter.com/OddworldInc/status/504185109885775872
>>
Do you think Matthew pronounces his username as "Ma-ewma-osis"
>>
>>260402932
what his demon souls play thingy
also, what happened to that investig dude
>>
>>260402906
>Matt Glanville

oh he's a white knight in favor of nepotism and SJW in the game industry, what a surprise.
>>
>>260402932
Ma-'tyew Matosis
>>
I wish i could murder him
>>
He's right about almost everything.
>>
>>260405518
He's always right, period.
>>
>>260388227
You should be a tripfag.
Complain about actual viral threads from the big devs and publishers like Blizzard.
>>
>>260389869
A perfect sphere is perfect.
There are other things in life than this sphere though.
Stop shitposting.
>>
>>260400403
>Implying he doesn't have people for that
>>
>>260406075
>you will never caress Matthew's nipples while he plays Demon's Souls
why even live
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnztj1UlkQs
Perfect video
>>
>>260392051
brutalcumpowder has done like, 2 review style videos?
Besides that, even HE referenced Matosis as one of the best critics out there today.
>>
>>260392348
>this HD remaster is not staying true with its purpose
>just give it up and bend over, play this HD remaster of a game that is not remastering the original
Aaaaaand this is why today we are drowned in DLC, exclusive preorders, exclusive content, pay2win, scams, bullshots, lies.

>"it's okay if they do this, let them do a little more. What are you, caring about your hobby?"
-the average gaymur
>>
I like his shit, I cannot always place words on how I feel about a game on every aspect of it.
>>
>>260406468

>actually considering getting close to an irishman
>>
>>260402016
saying Tetris is perfect is saying flappy bird is perfect too
>>
File: image.jpg (343 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
343 KB, 1920x800
>>260388784
Ducktales was awesome though

Ducktales!

woo hoo
>>
File: 1322691610117.jpg (17 KB, 319x316) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1322691610117.jpg
17 KB, 319x316
>>260407432
Only first person tetris is perfect.
>>
>>260407432
>human error of culture
>>
File: 1372956452853.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1372956452853.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
I could listen to this man reading a dictionary while crunchy bread.
>>
why does a prerendered 2d game look so pretty even compared to modern 3d games? And more importantly why dont more games use this sort of approach? painting shit and using technically incorrect lightning can have a much nicer effect
>>
>>260409953
Because prerendered stuff heavily limits interactivity. Take the old resident evil games for instance. Anything that needed to be interactable needed to be modeled because you can't interact with a 2D background. In pseudo-3D games with prerendered backgrounds the camera also needs to be fixed (though you might be able to subvert this with fancy tricks) in order to sustain the illusion. Another thing is that prerendered things don't scale well. You can't just run a game with 2D backgrounds that were designed to be run at 480p or less at 1080p or higher without ruining the background quality. 3D games typically don't have any of these issues.
>>
>>260409953
It takes effort and good judgement.
I wonder if the masses ignore good looking 2d games too, and are more interested in the games with the fancy 3d trailers.
I guess a 2d game could have a 3d trailer to draw those in though.
>>
>>260409953
>>260410698
>>260410735
/v/ - Video Games
>>
File: 1315823513762.jpg (158 KB, 400x471) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1315823513762.jpg
158 KB, 400x471
>>260405878
>tetris is perfectly shaped like itself
>>
>>260411085
We're uh, we're talking about
>why does a prerendered 2d game look so pretty even compared to modern 3d games?

2d games and 3d games are short for 2d video games and 3d video games in case you're retarded.
>>
>>260412235
I think he might have been pointing out that my and the other guy's posts are completely opposite in views. Maybe. Like those images where the OP asks a question and the first 3 responses are "Yes", "No", and "Maybe".
>>
>>260387640
He reminded me I have Abe's Odyssey on steam and never got far in it. I went back this evening to try and play it and holy fuck is it newbie unfriendly. Who the shit would ever think to look behind all those barrels? Plus you can't even backtrack to them if you miss one or two, it's ridiculous.
>>
>>260402016
Which version of tetris?

There are a bunch of different renditions.
>>
>>260412235
All videogames are 2d though.
>>
>>260392879
>BUT WHAT IF THE GAME IS NOT FUCKING WORTH PLAYING?
Yes, 6v6 is filled with people working 10 hour jobs, attending business meeting and handling a family of 5 every day that they have to be insanely selective about which games they choose to play

Because playing a game not worth playing would cause something insanely bad
Like being called a redditor on 4chan
Or the same thing that would happen if you stepped on the cracks in the floor
>>
>>260412803
what?
>>
>>260387640
>posting yourself anonymously to viral

Remind me why people like Matthew again? Is it because he's a rambling autist who doesn't understand emotion?
>>
>>260412961
>Because playing a game not worth playing would cause something insanely bad

It would cause a waste of time.

Do you not realise just how many games exist, that for people to choose them at fucking RANDOM to find a good game to play is utterly literally retarded?
>>
>Book critics and fans
>Not good enough

>Film critics and fans
>Not good enough

>Vidya critics and fans
>Ehhhh, it's good enough guys

>Matthewmatosis
>Not good enough
>>
>>260413440
>giving a shit about anyone's opinion but your own
>>
>>260413241
> the critic called bioflop bad and I'm emotionally attached to elizabeth who is my waifu so his objectivity hurt my feelings!
>>
In after matosisdrones defend their autistic sperglord. Cant you guys go back to /b/ and be edgy intellectuals there?
>>
>Free viral for some youtube cunt

YOU do it for free, /v/.
>>
>>260413615
Yes, yes

After all videogames are a product, adn this is an industry. You don't cola critics and underwear critics taken seriously, right? Why should videogames be

Different folks, different strokes!

Now let's go get smashed in a Zoe thread, whose with me AHOOO AHOOO AHOOO
>>
>>260413638
>>260413638
>>260413673
>>
>>260413638
>thinks I like bioshit
Nah. I'm good, man. Real talk though Matthew is seriously autistic and doesnt understand how emotion works. How up your own ass you got to be to sperg out for as long as his videos are?
>>
>the credits song for New n Tasty

jesus christ why
>>
>>260413440
>Book critics
>written reviews

>Film critics
>written reviews

>Vidya critics
>written reviews

>Science and Knowledge
>written articles, essays, books, literature

>"Educational" science for dumbfucks who aren't interested in science
>video with slow talking and tedious visual representation for idiots who can't understand things clearly

>mathewmatosis
>video with slow talking and tedious visual representation for idiots who can't understand things clearly
>>
>>260388549
Where's the kickstarter
>>
>>260413983
As bad as everything else he pointed out was, that was the absolute worst for me. I couldn't believe it.

That said, I'm glad OWI/JAW have shown they're willing to take and incorporate criticism.
>>
>>260413941
> he made a joke about a COMEDIAN who always loved dark humor!

the joke itself was pretty unfunny, but if it offended you consider asking robin williams what he thinks about it yourself.

>sperg out

you mean think critically and rationally
>>
he sounds very irish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAr0wWn29_I
>>
>>260413941
he wasn't joking, that's honestly why he killed himself
>>
>>260414361
>you mean think critically and rationally

I guess uli thinks critically and rationally too.
>>
>>260414539
He is italian
>>
>>260414361
>I'll make a joke about someone's death and use their death to push my video game opinion. Video games are more important than death and if anyone calls me on it I'll say it's what they dead man would have wanted.

This is literally what Matthewmatosis did. He is literally autistic. Why are you defending him so hard? Youre Matthew arent you?
>>
>>260414852
>>260413941
>You are too SJW, you suck

>You are too politically incorrect you suck

You fanooks take the "/v6 hates everything" meme too seriously
>>
>>260414130
Would you rather people just not explain things clearly with evidence or what?
>>
File: robinwilliams.jpg (77 KB, 550x712) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
robinwilliams.jpg
77 KB, 550x712
>>260413941
>>
>>260415240

Jesus christ, someone did that sambo spock move on Robin Williams.
>>
Best Youtube Video Game Channels

Matthewmatosis
MrBtongue
Super Bunnyhop

Found this channel called The Game Direct. They do retrospectives, which isn't anything new but they're really well researched.
>>
>>260414852
>push my video game opinion
I am not aware of anyone who even remotely liked Skyward sword.

Who is he pushing his opinion on?
>>
>>260415164
Are you saying that book critics and movie critics don't explain things clearly?

>>260394286
>>
>>260415696
videogamedunkey
>>
>>260414852
How can you spend any significant amount of time on 4chan and be THIS much of a snivelling baby?
>>
>>260415696
I'd like to add sexbad into that mix
>>
>>260414852
>literally
> this is what the dead man wouldn't have wanted despite all the evidence he gave while living as a fucking comedian
> williams known to like zelda, skyward sword being disappointing is a common view, and his video on it is so old that thinking he has some ulterior motive to advertise it is AUTISTIC
> matthew is the boogyman, he is everyone in all of these threads!

if he was a sperg he would have freaked out at the backlash but instead he got rid of it because he knew despite his intentions it wasn't worth upsetting people, however irrational their reason for being upset was.
>>
>>260415761
Nintendo fanboys love it, and this is their safe heaven

Same way with DaS 2 tards
>>
>>260413941
How can you be so stupid? That's just a joke (I laughed at it) which offended people because they were exagerating their death so fucking much.

I loved robin williams too but god damn it's not like it's your father, grow some skin you faggots.
>>
>>260415898
I'm saying that visuals always help especially in a fucking comparison so we can see exactly what he is referring to. Would you prefer a Plinkett review in text?
>>
>>260416086
Nintendo fanboys in general love Zelda, yes, but most Zelda fans I have talked to hated Skyward Sword.

Making jokes about Skyward Sword being bad isn't exactly controversial or groundbreaking.
>>
>>260415696
epicnamebro is chill as fuck as despite getting big never became a total fag like vaati
>>
>>260416284
Sure, but you don't need a fucking video in order to do that.
>>
>>260415696
Those 3 and Mechagamezilla
>>
His worst video is probably his dota 2 one, and the biggest problem with that is that he fails to see how RNG can add to the game in some circumstances.
>>
>>260416454
Why the fuck don't you need a video to show gameplay footage? How could you accurately convey how fucked up animations are, how shitty the sound mixing is, how overdone certain NPC lines are, how the new screen scrollng mechanics works, etc., etc., etc., without a video? Why is watching a video so fucking hard for you? You have time to sit on /v/ and bitch about something but don't have time to watch a critique?
>>
File: 1409268402444.png (916 KB, 642x781) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1409268402444.png
916 KB, 642x781
>>260416701
>how RNG can add to the game in some circumstances
>>
>>260416727
>How could you accurately convey how fucked up animations are

By being a good writer that doesn't need to rely on time wasting crutches.

Jesus christ with you retards.

A video takes around 5 times the amount of time for me to watch than it takes to read the same amount of text. 5 GODDAMN TIMES.

Maybe if you are an illiterate incomprehending fuckwad, it's the same, but I wouldn't know.
>>
>>260416850
There are many gameplay elements which would have to be completely reworked or removed if RNG was removed entirely- and whilst his video confronted the professional level, heroes like Ogre Magi would most likely be a lot more boring and generic.
>>
>>260416701
> as a competitive game

sports would be so much better if the laws of physics randomly fucked up once in a while.
>>
>>260417263
I refuse to believe that anyone is this braindead or impatient.

Nigga. Why would you try to describe an image in a comparison when you could just show two images together as you would in video?
>>
File: cain.jpg (15 KB, 225x225) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
cain.jpg
15 KB, 225x225
>>260417263
> he's still here
>>
File: maskettaman.png (15 KB, 826x121) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
maskettaman.png
15 KB, 826x121
TOP KEK
>>
anything but vaati, fuck that jew
>>
>>260418274
I remember when he posted here and was actually a good guy, now he has become a Giant fromdrone and has become irrelevant .
>>
>>260415696
>Super Bunnyhop
>good
my sides
>>
File: 1408373017307.jpg (27 KB, 245x268) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1408373017307.jpg
27 KB, 245x268
>>260415696
>Super bunny hop
>>
>>260415696
>Super Bunnyhop
Nah
>>
>>260418712
>>260418912
>>260418936
Superbunnyhop mind etc.
>>
>>260417580
>Why would you try to describe an image in a comparison

Because it's easier, takes less space, and less time than meandering about showing examples of every point you are trying to make.

For example I can easily say that the detail shown in the Wii U version of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is several magnitudes more rich than what is shown in the 3DS version.

And look at that anon, I didn't even need to make a video to say it. And if you so chose, you could even take a look at both versions and confirm that I am indeed telling the truth. Why would I lie and get the stigma of being a completely retarded inept critic?

Or I could make a bloody 10 minute video detailing everything, and waste your fucking time in the process.

OR, for perhaps what is the OPTIMUM solution to both our problems, I could do BOTH. Thereby both erasing my complaints, and your problem with your need for details. After all, writing it up should take such a small amount of time that anybody who desires to make and edit a fucking 40 minute long video just to provide the detailed accounts to retards with no imagination or foresight could also write up a concise article for those that do not need the video.
>>
>>260415696
TheGamingBritShow is also pretty good I think.
>>
>>260418712
>>260418912
>>260418936

What do you dislike about him and his videos?
>>
>>260418712
>>260418912
>>260418936
you fags still mad he blew 4chan the fuck out?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RILVX9W3vRY#t=704
>>
File: 1389155472087.png (363 KB, 584x383) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1389155472087.png
363 KB, 584x383
>>260419231
>Defends anita
>Thinks 4chan love those memes
>>
>>260419116
Too bad he's fucking dead
>>
>>260392542
super bunnyhop is good but I wish I never saw his gone home review, or GZ, ruined my view of him as a trusted reviewer.
>>
>>260419225
Not any of those anons but his MGS2 and some parts of his mgs3 analysis were fucking pathetic.
>>
>>260419750
>gone home review, or GZ
tl;dr?
>>
>>260419434
Like it or not, Anita is right. I just wish she'd focus more on shitty writing in games in general rather than the writing of women
>>
>>260419981
He hated both
>>
>>260419804
In what way?
>>
>>260415696
Lazy Game Reviews is pretty decent. Not Matthewmatosis tier, but he's entertaining in a naive and oldschool childish way.
>>
>>260391447
He gave a perfectly sound explanation as to why he thought it was a perfect game, you're the one shitposting by pointing people to /b/ and having nothing to back up what you say.
>>
>>260420052
Anita's right in the most superficial of ways as a means to extrapolate agenda driven conclusions from the media that she herself does not partake in.

I suspect I am being rused.
>>
>>260419601
Nah, he just takes forever to post anything. Doesn't he have a let's play channel he does with another britbong?
>>
>>260420250
Nothing wrong with LGR. He always explains himself and gives airtime to stuff that most kids are oblivious to, even if it doesn't translate into page hits for him. He has an iota of integrity.
>>
>>260420117
Did he actually?
>>
>>260420052
>Like it or not, Anita is right
Oh lol, she isn't
But this isn't about whether she's right or not, but that he defends a fucking scammer
>>
>>260420270
>replying to a post from three hours ago

Back to tumblr with you.
>>
>>260420158
Gives too much fucking credit too Kojima's incompetence.
>>
>>260420448
HyperBitHero, and yeah. Those two were the sole vangards against DmC, so they're bros for life.
>>
>>260420703
Are you denying there is misogyny in video games? Fucking idiot
>>
>>260420798
ADD riddled faggot ALERT
>>
File: A+SIAN.jpg (36 KB, 659x495) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
A+SIAN.jpg
36 KB, 659x495
>>260420978
You go girl!
>>
>>260420876
That sounds substantive.
>>
>>260420978
Yep. I'd deny it.

As far as I can tell, there isn't any misogyny in any videogame at all.
>>
>>260420978
Yes, people who work on videogames really hate women and put that in every game.

YOU LIKE TITTIES, CONGRATS, YOU'RE A WOMAN HATER.

Wait, I just got baited, didn't I?
>>
File: crank2_2fucb.jpg (669 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
crank2_2fucb.jpg
669 KB, 1600x900
>>260421051
You sure showed me.
>>
>>260415696
>tfw you want to be a part of this list

What does it take /v/?
>>
>>260421261
women are used as background objects to create tension.

Her series' name is the tell: Damsels in Distress. That's how women are seen, either whores or just background characters that need to be rescued.
>>
>>260421486
No gimmicks, no overly flowery purple prose, have a healthy alternating tone in your diction, talk about the games and substantiate your opinions without fallacies.

It's not hard. Any grade school graduate should manage it.
>>
>>260421524
If they create tension anon, they're hardly a background object. And even if they were background objects, that isn't misogyny. Misogyny is the hate of women anon. At least try not to be completely retarded.

I mean really, why the fuck would you care about rescuing something you hate?
>>
>>260421524
Feminist here

That isn't even misogyny.
That's a non-issue that affects only a couple of games.
>>
>>260421806
I notice you didn't actually list "being an expert on the videogames you talk about"

Funny
>>
>>260420608
He also does not swear at all, which is endearing.
>>
>>260421524
That's not misogeny though. That's a classicist trope originating from asymmetrical gender dimorphism.

Get on my level.
>>
>>260421879
>>260421915
>>260422238
blatant misogyny hidden by anonyminitymy
>>
>>260422357
Save us Anita!
>>
>>260422034
Expertise isn't mandatory, just passion and the capacity to substantiate your opinions.

Expertise is relative anyway. At best we and the critics we enjoy are "enthusiasts".
>>
>>260419092
>Or I could make a bloody 10 minute video detailing everything, and waste your fucking time in the process.


Mister troll, you've derailed a bunch of people here, so I might as well chime in my 2 cents and tell you that I don't view legitimate video game criticism as a waste of time. I like playing games, and I like analyzing them critically. If that's a waste of time for you, perhaps you should play titles more accustomed to your tastes like farmville and flappy bird.
>>
File: 1202123539043.jpg (4 KB, 145x130) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1202123539043.jpg
4 KB, 145x130
>>260422447
>Expertise isn't mandatory
>>
>>260420963
I was thinking maybe that was taking time away from his reviews but fuck that channel is even deader.
>>
I enjoyed the New 'n Tasty remake, it captures what made the first one so fun while feeling a little newer. You're supporting Lorne and his Oddworld when you buy it so he can continue to make these games. Instead of bitching about it to eachother, express your concerns with the developer so they can fix it in the next one.
You guys always do this, and then wonder why you don't get what you want?
>>
>>260422147
Just like the best reviewer ever.
>>
File: 1401951186098.jpg (36 KB, 445x414) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1401951186098.jpg
36 KB, 445x414
>>260421524

>Tanya needs rescuing from anyone, ever
>>
>>260415914
>videogamedunkey
Liking LoLbabby cancer
>>
>>260422561
How can you analyze videogames if you don't even have any reading comprehension?
>>
>>260421428
And you sure showed the guy you replied to by telling him to go to tumblr.

Great job.
>>
>>260422710
I did like that follow up he did for DMC4 a few months ago. It's nice to know that the wounds from DmC still haven't closed for some people.
>>
Matthew is probably my favourite.

I did like Super Bunnyhop until I saw his MGS1 and Gone Home reviews. Absolutely awful.
>>
>>260422717
Generally when people voice what they want to a developer, they're either called entitled or they're called nitpicky.
>>
>>260423189
Super Bunnyhop is pretty cool. Yeah some of their videos are bad

His one friend with the glasses is retarded. His videos on Persona 3 and DmC are definitely bad
>>
>>260423192
Usually if you post a divergent opinion on /v/ you don't get a warm welcome either, but people still come here.

Giving up is for faggots. You've got too keep shaking your cage or you'll never get your peanuts.
>>
>>260423192
Honestly I see it as Nitpicky I'm probably a hell of a lot older than most of you guys (43) I enjoyed the original when it came out and I enjoyed this one as well. I bought a copy at launch not caring if it was a buggy mess, or not the best controls because I wanted to directly support JAW and make sure they would continue to grow and finish the oddworld series.

If you're a vet of this game you should welcome it with open arms because it does feel like an HD remake. If you're a new player play it on the hardest difficulty and take your time exploring the world
>>
>>260423192
because most gaymers have battered wife syndrome
>>
>>260423543
Unconditional adulation is every bit as poisonous to a games designer's output as refusing to support them at all. Just look at Bioware.
>>
>>260423189
You know it is possible to disagree with a person on certain things and not completely shun them.

It's pretty fucking weird if you expect to unconditionally agree with someone about everything.
>>
No he wasn't. I agree with him on almost all his points. But, here, nope. It was basically
"It's not exactly like the older version, so it sucks"
>>
/v/ shits on e-celeb shit all day long but when MatthewMatosis shows up they suck his dick and cradle his balls. I don't get it.
>>
>>260424437
>/v/ is one person etcetcetc

fuck off faggot
>>
>>260423543
I honestly thing Matt is being picky too. One of his complaints is the new version looking better in new areas.

http://youtu.be/QkhDrngAQZ0?t=8m33s

He even admits it is much more visually colorful and interesting place.
>>
>>260424356
> here is why the old version was good
>here is why the changes from the old version are not good

i'm not sure i'm following, the only thing they did right was the Popsicle change, everything else is a step back, instead of a step forward which is what an hd remake of a 17 year old game should be.
>>
>>260424437
Yeah this thread is completely full of people sucking his balls right?
>>
>>260424437
>No drama
>Talks about video games

He's pretty much the model e-celeb. I don't even agree with half the shit he says
>>
>>260424782
> admits

the theme of the game means the setting being more colorful and inviting hurts it, do you dumb fuckers have a selective memory or the attention span of a goldfish.
>>
>>260424356
You're being reductive. The point was that the changes diminish the original intended effect of the experience.

Imagine if they did a blu-ray re-release for The Third Man, but digitally brightened up every dark alley in the film and put billboards with commercials for real products in half the scenes. It'd be considered a fucking disgrace.
>>
>>260425148
The theme of the game is sidescrolling and puzzle solving. Everything else is merely superficial.
>>
>>260425406
Not to mention the game actually having scrolling this time and the controls are better.
>>
>>260423832
>Unconditional adulation is every bit as poisonous to a games designer's output as refusing to support them at all. Just look at Bioware.

But I actually enjoyed the game, if I didn't I would have complained.
>>
>>260425315
Never seen The Third Man. So, that comment is irrelevant to me.
>>
File: jj2.jpg (335 KB, 676x485) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
jj2.jpg
335 KB, 676x485
>>260425406
>>260425574
>>
>>260425406
are you serious? You're actually one of those gameplay is all that matters types? just like story doesn't matter in movies because it should all be about the cinematography right?

do you even know what a theme is?

jesus christ this is the worst site for discussing video games on the internet.
>>
>>260425808
You have something more substantial to say or are you just going to link some image with no actual argument?
>>
>>260425791
Plenty of newfag millenials have never played Oddworld before either, so it's a perfect analogy.
>>
File: 1409019578133.gif (334 KB, 293x181) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1409019578133.gif
334 KB, 293x181
>>260421524
>"SAVING A DAMSEL = MISOGYNY"
>>
>>260425605
fuck off and die grandpa
>>
>>260425605
I'm not saying you didn't, I'm saying that it's wrong to "welcome it with open arms" if you can see credible faults with any game, and that the designers should know that so that the subsequent games they make can be better.

Insert pithy comment here, I'm tired...
>>
>>260420978

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma
>>
File: took it.jpg (76 KB, 650x413) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
took it.jpg
76 KB, 650x413
>>260425983
why would you even reply you fool
>>
>>260389480
>He's the most pretentious reviewer I've ever seen
I guess you never watched any of Sessler's reviews with Rev 3. An English Major reviews a video game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B90frJAHoB8
>>
>>260427071
You shouldn't post a parody to substantiate your point. That's just retarded.
>>
>>260427071
That's a lot of big words
>>
Here are Matthewmatosis's thoughts about things during his Dustforce stream on July 6th 2014.

3 of them.....I over heard these & recorded them live.

...I overheard this...

http://picosong.com/PD5C/

http://picosong.com/PD56/

http://picosong.com/PDLq/
>>
>>260387640
WHAT THE FUCK ARE WE TALKING ABOUT
>>
>waaah his videos are too long!
Do people really think this is a valid criticism?
>>
>>260425983
>are you serious?

Yep.

>You're actually one of those gameplay is all that matters types?

Nope.

Really, Oddworld is the same game as Prince of Persia, with a few tweaks here and there. There have also been others like it, with aesthetics ranging from a textureless fantasy landscape (Another World) to a grimdark shooter. Hell, there's even been a HD remake of Prince of Persia.

When you review one of these games, you should be comparing it to EVERY OTHER GAME that exists within the genre. So saying that oddworld HD sucks because it isn't as grimy, is like saying that GRIMINESS IS BETTER for the games aesthetics, and that Another World and HD PoP are ALSO shit because of their beautiful environments.

Mathew goes into a lot of detail, but he really doesn't play that many games, nor is as knowledgeable about them as he may seem to other plebs who also don't play that many games. I mean he didn't even mention any of these games in his review, and a review never tries to solely compare one game with another. That's lazyness coming from people who have only played those two games and therefore cannot find a place for them in the heirarchy of the genre (which is what writing reviews is all about).
>>
>>260427547
That's really weird.
>>
Stop shilling for this faggot already.
He has to be one of the most boring content creators I've ever seen. YouTube is a place for entertainment, not to nod respectfully at some Irish guy for an hour straight.
>>
File: Costanza.jpg (16 KB, 250x250) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Costanza.jpg
16 KB, 250x250
>>260419434
>implying anons wouldn't spam old memes just be be annoying assholes

Would you have felt better if the game used hip and trendy new me-mes?
>>
>>260425983
>You're actually one of those gameplay is all that matters types?
Why isn't the only thing that matters?

Everyone of these fucking games that attempts to stick a message in them always fail to deliver on actual substance. Even the best ones end up being only decent. Like Oddworld itself.
>>
>>260427547
>http://picosong.com/PD5C/

the low quality of the recording sounds like the shit you hear on serial killer documentaries.
>>
File: 1289577375268.jpg (7 KB, 208x199) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1289577375268.jpg
7 KB, 208x199
>>260427802
>actually took twenty minutes to type this out
>>
>>260428361
Maybe you should stick to your hugbox if you are so offended.
>>
>>260427802
You're wrong.
He doesn't call it a review. It's strictly a comparison between the two games. If you're trying to gauge how good a remake is, then you compare them directly and note how well the remake preserved the atmosphere and gameplay of the original, and what improvements were made.
>>
>>260427802
But the exact purpose of that video is two evaluate the remake and compare it too the original, there's no need to bring other games into it. If you watch his Ico review you see that actually does bring up Another World.
>>
>>260427802
haha oh wow.
>>
>>260428361
I'm playing videogames faggot, not waiting here for your dumb shit responses. If you have something substantial to say say it, or fuck off.

Funny how all the people sucking this guys dick refuse to follow the principles they applaud him for.
>>
>>260428562
Not quite.
>>
>>260428591
>>260427802
I'll also add that it doesn't sound like you watched the video. He didn't say that New N Tasty sucks (in fact, he said he would have been impressed had he not played Abe's Oddysee first). He just said that it was a bad remake of the original.
>>
>>260428607
>>260428591
>but he only did it as a comparison

Exactly. Which is why it doesn't matter. As if I give a shit whether or not it's the exact same fucking game. The opening scene in the remake is stunning, which is more than can be said for the original at this point in time.
>>
>>260428761
"If you have something substantial to say say it, or fuck off."

on top of all this your a hypocrite eh? You haven't said anything substantial this entire thread.

no one here is even taking you seriously, take the hint.
>>
>>260391417
I'll probs get the WiiU version then if they fix everything which they can.
Anyword on changing the credit song?
>>
>>260387829
Yeah, it's quite easy on the ears
>>
>>260428607
>his Ico review

lol, and what the fuck does Ico have to do with Another World? They are completely different genres.
>>
>>260429117
So you just don't care about the content. That's not really a criticism.

>>260429293
Except Ico is directly inspired by Another World.
>>
>>260429117
The original's still not too bad. Plus the animation isn't nearly as cartoonish in the original version. Stuff in N&T like when Abe did the little Loony Tunes "swing arms into run" stance as he ran away from the board meeting.break the mood the scene is meant to convey.

Hell though, it's nowhere near as fucking bad as that fucking Flashback remake.
>>
>>260429197
>no one here is even taking you seriously

You aren't even able to take me seriously, because you are even lower than the guy whose dick you are sucking. And HE tries hard to take things seriously, even games which he considers to be jokes he breaks down and explains to the best of his abilities why he thinks they are jokes.
>>
>>260429117
I care. Unlike you, I wanted a remake that preserved the original while improving it by using new technology. The opening sequence could have been stunning while still having the deliberate aesthetic that the made the original good, but it didn't.
>>
>>260429716
You could reply to the people who are actually engaging with you critically instead of the ones goading you dude.
>>
>>260429716
> treat me like I'm a shitty game

I feel bad for you anon, that must be a pretty tough fetish to live with.
>>
>>260417360
Well they don't redo a play if a bird flies down and gets hit by a ball.
>>
>>260424782
>Matt is being picky
Matt is always, ALWAYS picky. His commentary on games sounds like a rambling list of every little issue that comes into his mind as he plays. You could cut out the vast majority of his trivial issues, lose nothing as a result and it would cut about 30% of the video size down.
I get that he's trying to be educational, but he goes overboard as if his audience has never played some games in their life.
>A camera in a game can't simply be used to enhance the visuals on display, however. It also needs to be used for the player's navigation.
I don't know how you could not see pedantic filler like this as anything but pretentious or just plain annoyingly insulting to your own intelligence.
>>
>>260430543
> play's are competitive
>>
>>260429656
To be honest I haven't really played the new one. And I'm not interested in doing so either. I already played the original.

Since this game is pretty much the exact same thing, the differences are so few and unsubstantial that there hardly even needs to be a paragraph describing them.

Besides, if anybody says that THIS game is amazing, then by extension they must be saying that the original is even more amazing given the context of the release date and technology available.
>>
>>260430024
>the people who are actually engaging with you critically

lol

Such as...?
>>
>tfw no sequel to Oddsworld due to the problems in New n Tasty
It hurts
>>
>>260429886
I'm sure you do you narrowminded little fag. Apparently the original isn't good enough for you any more, and you are comparing this remake to something that exists only in your head.

If everybody who made videogames had your nostalgia riddled closed minded attitude, nobody would ever get anything done.
>>
>>260430753
Like in baseball, or tennis. If an outfielder catches a ball and tosses it to third and it hits a bird and falls dead they don't have a do-over. Sure a bird being retarded isn't actually true RNG since theoretically you could see it coming and study years of bird psychology and behavioral patterns and take it to lunch and get to know it so you can tell if it will dive in front of the ball, but it's basically the same shit.
>>
>>260431124
Well...

Diddy Kong Racing, Zelda, Mother...
>>
File: 1325901981702.jpg (13 KB, 400x266) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1325901981702.jpg
13 KB, 400x266
>>260431402
>no sequel
>it hurts
>>
>>260415696

>Super Bunnyhop

aw yeah nigga, now we're talking
>>
>>260431669
play the sport inside, the idea is that the games are better competitively without randomness. That doesn't mean randomness can't be fun in non-competitive settings or that it is all together unavoidable. The massive amount of unnecessary RNG in dota 2 hurts the game as a high level.
>>
>>260420608

>youtube is doing some "nerd week" shit
>every video I come across just browsing youtube is EPIC GAMERS LIKE US HUH GUYS?
>see this video about arcade game DRM
>oh shit that's neat
>look at the rest of his videos
>mostly old DOS games, which aren't my thing but the videos are certainly interesting

LGR is alright.
>>
>>260388480
>LOOK AT ALL THIS BLOOM
Stop it.
>>
File: Urs1.png (445 KB, 679x485) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Urs1.png
445 KB, 679x485
>>260430983
>i haven't played the game
>i know the extent of the content changes
>>
File: bison.jpg (8 KB, 266x200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bison.jpg
8 KB, 266x200
>huge thread for game that never came out on nintendo
>no consolefaggotry

I'm so proud of you guys.
>>
>>260433186
I don't understand what you are talking about.
>>
>>260433315
Try bringing up Sony exclusive in a thread an see how far that gets you on nintendogaf.
>>
If there's one thing I can say about this fucker it's that he can get me interested in a game, and that takes something. I wouldn't have that Oddworld game on my steam library at all if it wasn't for that one video a long ass time ago where he mentioned it.

>>260433315

He's trying to start a console war.
Thread replies: 391
Thread images: 42
Thread DB ID: 11933



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.