[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be the most devoted game developer in the industry >Spend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 260
Thread images: 30

File: image.jpg (17KB, 243x207px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 243x207px
>Be the most devoted game developer in the industry
>Spend all day, every day on the games you work on, to the point where it affects your health
>Fans don't agree with all of your decisions, but no one questions your dedication
>Pour your heart and soul into Smash 4, putting in every idea you have while making it tourney-compatible with FD mode, and yeah, maybe favoring KI a little too much
>It's all worth it for the days you update the miiverse with genuine information and watch people freak out, because you love misdirection
>Some asshole you trusted leaks the last few characters you were saving to BTFO people, including Ridley, the one you were saving for last
>>
>>259867973
Yeah I'd be pretty fucking pissed too.
>>
File: 1300195894631.jpg (23KB, 300x215px) Image search: [Google]
1300195894631.jpg
23KB, 300x215px
Post your face when the leaks were all done by himself, as plan of his master schemes to create hype
>>
>>259869009
PotD
>Did you like the new character reveals? We tried something new called the 4chan Direct! Sure we had to sacrifice a few grunts, but it seems the payoff was great! *laughs*
Extra Pic
>And for the grieving families... you brought this on yourselves. *laughs* *laughs* *laughs**laughs**laughs**laughs**laughs**laughs*
>>
>>259867973
>tourney-compatible with FD mode
:^)
>>
File: 1402128034138.gif (411KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1402128034138.gif
411KB, 500x300px
>every time
>every game
>roster leaks a little before launch
>mentioned how angry he was when Smash 64 leaked he wanted to sue

Imagine how angry he is now, imagine the fury that the NoA leaker is going to face in reggie's office...
>>
>>259870690

He's already dead and now they're just kicking his corpse.
>>
Wait, what?

I know Shulk was leaked but Ridley too?
>>
>>259870525
It wasn't the only decision he made that appeal to most people. Yes, FD is way more famous than battlefield for most, excluding the Melee adept fanbase.
You guys are max 700k, making what, 1/8 of the userbase tops?

At least he tried to appeal to everyone you faggot, even included the fucking GC controllers.
>>
>>259871074
FD-only mode has fucking nothing to do with any of the changes he's made to cater to the hardcore fanbase. It's absolutely retarded to lump it in there. Nobody fucking likes FD-only mode.
>>
>>259870997
following characters are not 100% confirmed but leaker said they are there:
Dixie
Mewtwo
Ridley
Impa
Mach Rider
>>
Every time i see one of these sakurai dick sucking threads i throw up in my mouth. What does this man have to do for you to stop sucking his dick? He casualised the franchise to shit, he ignores you, he cuts characters, he fills the roster up with clones, he does things just to spite you(brawl, tripping, deciding to never make sse again), i bet he could spit in your face and you would say "yes thank you may i have another?"
>>
>>259871317
>I don't like, therefore nobody likes it!
How about you go fuck yourself, tourneyfaggot?
>>
OH NO

MY YEN HAS BEEN STOLEN BY THE DESPICABRU AMERICANS REVEALING RIDREY BEFORE I COULD HYPE ALL THE MANCHIRDEN TO BRINDRY THROW MONEY AT ME

HUOOOOOUUUU
>>
>caring about a roster leak

Only literal Man-Children will care about this.
>>
>>259871557
Why are you insistent on making this into some kind of an argument? The last thing the competitive community could've wanted was an FD-only mode. Saying that FD-mode somehow helps the game's tournament compatibility (whatever the fuck that even means) is ignorant.
>>
Boo-fuckedy-hoo.
I imagine the leaker did what he did to show how poorly implemented the roster was. Dark Pit? Bowser Jr.? Dr. Mario? Duck Hunt Dog? Lucina???

If there's no more to this roster it was for the best it got leaked. Safe, no-risk and absolutely boring.
>>
>>259871441
if those are real this would honestly be the best smash roster.

>Mach Rider takes over Snakes movelist
>Dixie like Diddy but with fabulous hair and without the gadgets
>Mewtwo back in all his glory
>Impa hopefully from OoT with her dagger and different ninja abilities than Shiek
>Ridley requires his amiibo to take up two character slots
>>
smash retards are the worst people on /v/
>>
>>259871441
That's fake. Vanroose deconfirmed it. "MOTHERFUCKING LEAKER" has no inside knowledge so the Mach Rider version is just more of his trolling.

The version that's Ridley/Dixie/Chorus Men/Mewtwo is much more likely and came from a safe source.
>>
>>259867973
Because of this Sakurai will probably retire from the Smash series once SSB4 Wii U is released.
>>
>>259872213
that's a very good thing
>>
>>259872160
But leaker showed an image we hadnt seen before. I dont know who to believe but Ridley and Impa are in so trophy theory is 100% correct either way.

deniers btfo
>>
>>259871904
It's a way to make a flat stage without any hazard but with some variety so that retards who only play in NO FUN stages with all items can experience other scenarios and music.
I don't care if the currently used stage is Battlefield for Melee tournaments, this is a way to make people who like "flat Smash" to actually experience Smash.

That and tweaking speed, making it less floaty, giving GCN control support.
>>
It's funny how much I can hate new characters without a hype ass trailer to introduce them.
>>
>>259872160

>Mewtwo

Anon I swear to fucking god don't toy with me on this one

This is monumental news for me so if this shit is fake or you're lying I'm going to be unbelievably saddened
>>
>>259872418
So then you fucking agree with me, so why are you arguing with me?
>>
I can't even get mad about dark pit or dr mario. I was originally pissed about Lucina and pac man until I actually saw them in gameplay and I grew to love them. I just don't know what to hate anymore.
>>
>>259872660
it baffles me that people want roy instead of lucina when they are pretty much the same thing.

Dr. Mario should have enough changes from Melee and theres a lot of weapons dark pit could use from uprising that pit doesnt use in his move set.
>>
>>259871993
Impa would undoubtedly be inspired by her Skyward Sword/Hyrule Warriors design

Dixie would likely be a clone of Diddy Kong (though probably more of a Luigi-type clone than a Lucina clone)

Still, both are welcomed additions in my book. Now Mach Rider I just don't fucking get
>>
>>259867973
>>Be the most devoted game developer in the industry
Besides smash he hasn't done jackshit in years besides KI:U, he hasn't developed shit in awhile
Most devoted is Kojima, Kamiya or Itagaki
>>Spend all day, every day on the games you work on, to the point where it affects your health
It wouldn't be so hard if he didn't rush development, he could of started the project earlier
>>Fans don't agree with all of your decisions, but no one questions your dedication
He's devoted but he rarely releases games
>>Pour your heart and soul into Smash 4, putting in every idea you have while making it tourney-compatible with FD mode, and yeah, maybe favoring KI a little too much
Thats just wrong. He has a lot of ideas that he wouldn't implement.
>>It's all worth it for the days you update the miiverse with genuine information and watch people freak out, because you love misdirection
He posts a pic and a small caption...so?
>>Some asshole you trusted leaks the last few characters you were saving to BTFO people, including Ridley, the one you were saving for last
Sakurai hasn't even met this guy, he's some asshole working for NOA you dumb shit.

Easily the most retarded copypasta I've seen
>>
>>259872946
Mach Rider because he's a badass and probably the only other character besides a Advance Wars rep that could get Snake's moves.

But like >>259872160 said, it could be either chorus men or mach rider. Duck Hunt Dog is already a retro rep so its possible that chorus men is the more likely newcomer
>>
>>259872392
Read Vanroose's public announcement about it. Motherfucking leaker actually got that picture from Vanroose's inside circle of people who have the game, or at least insider knowledge, because they've been truing to track down the source of the leaks. Mfking leaker told them to prove to him that they were actually in the know and they sent him that small picture. He then turned on his ass and posted the cipher on here claiming that it was his own, because in reality he has no source of his own.

You could say that Vanroose is lying but he's actually a public figure and a mod on smashboards who was one of the first ones to back the original DHD text leak (which is why it's called the Vanroose leak). Out of anyone in this drama he can be trusted the most because he's not anonymous and actually has a reputation.
>>
>>259873506
I dont remember the vanroose leak, is it the one on neogaf on the last week of july?
>>
>>259873773
It was the one that originally called out Dr Mario/Dark Pit/DHD/ Bowser Jr etc. It started on smashboards I believe. The screenshot the person listing off the characters/talking about the koopaling alts from the end of July is a actually second hand knowledge.
>>
>>259870525
why are there no platforms?
platforms make the game more balanced for characters with inferior air-combat/speed
>>
>>259867973
I'm not even a tourneyfag or whatever it was called but after he put tripping in brawl he became complete trash

Not only was it to piss off a small minority it was the stupidest I've ever seen.I spent 50 fucking dollars on brawl at launch. I'm not doing it for smash 4.

Fuck Sakuria I'm happy this happened
>>
mfw actually respecting this man puts you in a vocal minority

Each to their own, like, but I still have nothing but well wishes for the guy. He's consistently brought my brother and I nothing but joy and hype; I'm not going to let nerdrage fallout from a few leaks impact the good times I've had courtesy of Mr Sakurai
>>
>>259874538
Who knows?

Everyone basically agrees FD is the least balanced "neutral stage" in Brawl, tied with Dreamland for least balanced in Melee, and it's not even balanced enough to be considered "neutral" in PM. It's not a bad stage, but it sure isn't great, nor is it a popular enough pick to really be relevant.
>>
>>259867973
stop right there, that's why nobody likes you smashfags
>>
>implying this isn't all just an elaborate stunt to drum up anticipation for the game by Nintendo
>>
File: 1392966683903.gif (1MB, 539x304px) Image search: [Google]
1392966683903.gif
1MB, 539x304px
>>259874650
Yeah this. Everyone is always bitching about Snake even though Kojima sucked dick to get him in and most likely didn't bother this time, or their favorite special snowflake character not getting in or their favorite clone getting cut in favor of a new clone.
>>
File: laughs.png (92KB, 227x307px) Image search: [Google]
laughs.png
92KB, 227x307px
>>259867973

>People actually think Ridley will be in.
>>
>>259874830
so basically sakurai only knows competitive from what he sees people joke about on forums?
>>
>>259874631
>I'm not even a tourneyfag or whatever it was called

You know "whatever it was called" you vapid tool. Only a tourneyfag would care so much about something as superficial as tripping that it would influence their future purchases, especially if said feature is confirmed to no longer be an issue.
>>
>>259874650
>actually respecting this man puts you in a vocal minority
>implying
If you disagree with him you get shitposted to oblivion with "have you ever made a game?" or "it's a party game :^) your complaints don't matter". You can't question glorious mashed botatoe samurai here.
>>
>>259875209
FD-only has nothing to do with tourneyfags. FD was picked the most in the random free-for-all online mode by an absurd margin. That's where he got the information from.

Which is why anyone saying he did it to pander to competitive players has no idea what they are talking about.
>>
File: I can't fight for this.jpg (236KB, 550x598px) Image search: [Google]
I can't fight for this.jpg
236KB, 550x598px
>>259874650
>>259874650
I like the quality of his games themselves, and Brawl I poured so much time into it's not funny, but there's straight up no defending this roster, and it has brought me nothing but sadness and crushing disappointment.

>Main was cut
>No one I wanted made it in
>>
File: 47204290404.png (284KB, 447x526px) Image search: [Google]
47204290404.png
284KB, 447x526px
>loves Metroid: Other M
>"devoted game developer"
>>
>get paid to sit on your ass every day and play videogames others are making for you while taking all the credit for it
>tailor your game to be as competitively unfriendly as possible because you think games should be a hugbox and whenever you see people playing your games in a way you don't like you have an asthma attack
>get to hang with other, cooler videogame developers
>go to sleep every night knowing that children will obsessively suck your dick no matter what shitty decisions you make

Sakurai's living the dream.
>>
>>259875342
>tripping
>not an issue

Are you so deluded that you can't even see the issue? It was put there to punish people who played melee because it hurt Sakurias feelings.

I bought it at launch with the fifty dollars I was barely able to scrap up and the first thing that happened to me was I tripped. I thought it was a glitch or some bullshit but no it was real. Who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to put that in.

If it happened in some other game people would be losing their shits. Like if in Dark Souls or Mass effect you would suddenly trip in the middle of attacking. But no, no one gets mad because it's nintendo. The game was critically praised when it should have been panned.
>>
>>259875929

>ACfag

who?
>>
>>259875707
>theres no defending the roster

Except that its the best one as of yet. Dont tell me you mained a one-off clone like Wolf, Lucas, or Snake.
>>
>>259875949
Does Sakurai have the easiest job in video games? He could literally do whatever he wants to this game and it would still sell up the ass and people would still defend it, no matter how much he pisses off fans of the series.
>>
>>259875001
Look, I'm just going to come fucking clean.

I love Nintendo. I've always loved Nintendo. I grew up with the games. My fondest childhood memories are of sitting on my father's lap playing SM64 and Doom on the old Bricktendo Sixty-Four.

Growing up, I was a self-imposed exile from society and I didn't have many friends. Even so, whenever I got home from school and wanted to escape to my own fantasy world, Mario and Kirby were there for me. Sad as fuck, but those 64-bit polygons were my best buddies back then.

My brother and I actually are, by his own acknowledgement, only close friends because of Nintendo. Smash has traditionally been a haven for the two of us to put aside reality and our personal afflictions and just throw a few punches and fireballs at each-other for shits and giggles. My career as a writer and as a storyteller stems from my love of vidya that Sakurai, unwittingly and unknowingly, helped foster within me.

I can't bring myself to hate this man. I'm sorry if you think I'm a fucking weaboo autistic knobjockey who sucks Sakurai's dick to make life fun and interesting, but I just can't do it. Whatever he may represent in THE INDUSTRY or whatever inherent vitriol you have for his roster selection, I respect that. I'm not going to argue with you or fling abuse at you for not sharing my opinion. All I'm saying is, I owe a lot of childhood nostalgia and personal understanding to this man, and if not for him, I don't think I'd be the man I am today.

tl;dr - Armchair philosophy Sakurai wanking wherein I refuse to hate the man because I actually owe him a great deal
>>
>>259876007

I mained Samus, actually. And they've severely nerfed her to the point where she's the weakest character in the entire game.

Just like in metroid: Other M. Hmm, and you said Sakurai DOESN'T like that game? That's suspect.
>>
>>259870690
How does he know the leak is from someone of America?
>>
>>259876170
but
>has to deal with the horrid smash fanbase

It evens out.
>>
File: chenerror.png (88KB, 453x1262px) Image search: [Google]
chenerror.png
88KB, 453x1262px
>Most Devoted

I'd honestly put him up there with the least devoted ... he's like a whining child who barely puts in any effort. Look at all these clones, look at using Twilight Princess instead of Skyward Sword for all the Legend of Zelda characters. This is a troll attempt right? I only take it seriously because for some reason smashfags are even more autistic than sonic kids.
>>
File: it's time to die.jpg (333KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
it's time to die.jpg
333KB, 1920x1080px
>tfw Nintendo are torturing the leaker to death as we speak
>>
>>259876238

Well, I can respect that, but Sakurai has never once made a game i enjoyed, except maybe Melee or Brawl, and even that's a stretch. Everything else he worked on, I've despised it utterly. SO I don't feel the same allegiance.
>>
>>259876336
What do you mean deal with them? He can literally have nothing to do with them.
>>
>>259867973
Sakurai is not a developer.
>>
>>259876443
>not enjoying Uprising
>>
>>259876542

>memespewing 12 year olds

No, I didn't enjoy it.
>>
>>259876443
>not enjoying Air Ride
Air Ride, SSB64, and Melee are the only things he's ever made that are worth a shit.

Brawl too I guess if you count the fact that you can mod it out the ass.
>>
>>259871317
>Nobody fucking likes FD-only mode.
Except the Japanese tourney scene, the one Sakurai actually follows.
>>
>>259876504
He probably drowned himself in sake after the smash invitational
>>
If Ridley is confirmed, this asshole robbed /v/ of one of the greatest shitstorms we could've ever dreamed of. Fuck him, I'm glad he's getting the boot. I hope those sweet YT views were worth it.
>>
File: 5555555555555.gif (135KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
5555555555555.gif
135KB, 555x555px
>>259876375
Have you ever made a game?
>>
>>259876336
Even if he does have to come in contact with them they'll eat anything that pours out of his asshole so it balances out.

He could outright insult everyone who plays smash bros and he'd be hailed as a hero by those same retards.
>>
>>259876443
Then more power to you, bro. I'd honestly rather people tear my opinion to shreds than owe mindless allegiance to him just because it's what other people do. I'm just stating why I, personally, like the dude; nothing more, nothing less. ;3
>>
>>259876701

I didn't like Air ride either. I hate kirby, infact. It's just his main games and its spinoffs never appealed to me, and I wasn't a fan of him being obnoxiously over the top in cuteness. It was sickening.

It was trying way too hard to paint him as adorable. IT was like a kid trying too hard to be random or edgy, except in the other direction.
>>
>>259876828

I just wish you wouldn't call me a sonygger whenever I say I don't like Nintendo or their devs. But I guess that's too much to ask from you guys, huh?
>>
>>259876389
>You bring dishonor to whore nintendo famiry!
>You get hory punishment of rightining. Bring in car batteru and jumperu cabers!
*15 minutes of continuous shocking*
>Oh rooks rike you hadnt had enough!
>Bring in nintendo's favorite gorirra. Donkey Kongu.
*Black man enters room wearing nothing but neck tie.
>Bet you cant get an ESRB rating on this nigguh

what a horrible fate.
>>
>>259876704
>implying Sakurai follows the Jap tourney scene
>implying the Japs have any more reason to like it than the West does
Gonna need some citations on that.
>>
>>259875594
>The (Brawl) metagame of Japan is radically different from that of America and Europe (especially the stage list, which is only composed of Final Destination, Smashville, and Battlefield)

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Japanese_tier_list

Please educate yourself.
>>
>>259876375
This guy frequently sleeps at his workplace and even moved closer to it so he could put in more work. He has a family, he could put that above all, but he doesn't. Have you ever been more devoted than this towards anything in your entire life? Can you quote any other developer doing more than this? Is it even possible to do more than this without utterly destroying your life?
>>
I still just want Daisy
>>
File: 4661.jpg (26KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
4661.jpg
26KB, 180x180px
GUYS

SAKURAI CUT CHROM AND REPLACED HIM WITH ROBIN AND LUCINA AS A MIDDLE FINGER TO THE GAMATSU LEAK

WHAT THE FUCK WILL HE DO TO THIS LEAK?
>>
>>259877471
Whole game is cancelled
>>
>>259877184
>they play on FD, SV, and BF
>better make an FD-only mode

Why is this stupid argument so popular? There is literally nothing that suggests Sakurai pays attention to the Japanese tourney scene at all unless I've missed a recent interview. The only interaction between anyone and the competitive scene is from NoA.
>>
>>259877147
>implying Sakurai follows the Jap tourney scene

>Kotaku: I'm awfully sorry to hear that... To switch gears a little bit, how much do you follow the competitive scene, competitive Smash Bros.? There's a big US community, I don't know if there's a community in Japan also, but do you follow that competitive Smash Bros. scene?

>Sakurai: In Japan, there's actually a tournament scene, and it's an annual thing... that's something that just wrapped up, actually. It sort of reached its peak, and then now with anticipation for the next title, it's sort of on hiatus. I imagine that will pick up again on release of the new games, but that's something that personally I'm not involved in. It's something that Nintendo manages. Personally, I can't really say too much about that.

>implying the Japs have any more reason to like it than the West does

>>259877184
>>259877184
>>
>>259875391
LE DAISYFAG GOT BTFO

LE RIDLEY BTFO TEARS

LE TACTICOOL DUDEBRO ACTION FAGGOT JUST GOT

B T FUCKING O
T
FUCKING
O
>>
>>259875707
> it's bad because characters I want aren't in it
>>
>>259877471
>Cut Chrom
Was he ever playable in the first place?
>>
>>259871969
>duck hunt dog is a bad choice
Almost had me there anon.
>>
>>259877595
>but that's something that personally I'm not involved in.
So how exactly is that relevant? Does he know big name Japanese players? Does he watch matches? You've done nothing to tell me that he follows it other than he knows about it. I know that the US Open is going on right now but I don't follow tennis.
>>
>>259878005
Sorry but how would he know how people are playing his game if he doesn't follow the Jap scene? People are literally accusing him of "spiting competitive smashers". Please use some common sense here.
>>
>>259876704
It's not even for them retard, he's already said why he included it. It's because of the people who refused to play on anything but FD on Brawl's online mode. He gives 0 fucks about tourneyfags, Japanese or otherwise.
>>
>>259876238
I don't hate him either. I guess I'm one of the few people who have no problems with the roster so far. The only way I'd be upset right now is if Dark Pit is actually a full on clone instead of having a moveset based off of the other uprising weapons and even then I'd just get over it. I do think Sakurai has too much favoritism for Uprising, but I'm not going to let it bother me. I can see why some other people would be upset, but to say that the whole game is ruined is just throwing a fit.
>>
>>259877471
IT'S TOO CLOSE TO THE JAP RELEASE TO CHANGE ANYTHING SIGNIFICANTLY

IT'S FUCKING OVER
>>
>>259878703
Nobody has said anything about spiting competitive smashers in this thread. This is about FD-only mode's purpose.
>>
>>259879056
ARE YOU FORGETTING BRAWL ALREADY

SAKURAI WILL DELAY THIS BITCH TO HELL AND BACK TO DO WHAT HE DAMN WELL PLEASES
>>
>>259878835
>he's already said why he included it. It's because of the people who refused to play on anything but FD on Brawl's online mode.
Source?

Why make the Gamecube controller adapter if he gives 0 fucks about tourneyfags?
>>
>>259879001

So you're saying nobody is allowed to have issues with the thousand other problems? How Sakurai only cares about his series and doesn't give any respect for any other?
>>
File: 2012-02-24.jpg (194KB, 900x655px) Image search: [Google]
2012-02-24.jpg
194KB, 900x655px
>>259877143
Nah, they'd make him play Mario Party. Expect in real life.
>>
>>259867973
PFFFFFFFFTHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>sakurai is the leaker
>every single person is btfo when a trailer reveals Bayonetta, Snake, and Sora
>>
>>259879221
>tourneyfags are the only people who play with GCs
I don't know a single person who didn't play Brawl with a GC. I've probably played Brawl with dozens of people, none of them tourneyfags.

And I'm pretty sure that was NoA and not Sakurai.
>>
>>259879407
Except Sakurai is the one that has to make it work. NoA has no influence over the development of the game as I've said.
>>
>>259879221
Gamecube controller adapters are for everyone. Who the fuck didn't use a Gamecube controller?
>>
Anyone honestly think Ice Climbers will be in the Wii U version?
I just can't see the game without them. And there's NO excuse for them not to be in the U version. I mean, They could always be 3DS DLC or just super hidden characters. Is that the full roster?
>>
>>259879095
It's relevant to the discussion.
>people constantly accuse Sakurai of making Brawl to spite tourneyfags
>now apparently he didn't follow the competitive scene
Right.
>>
>>259879654
Still not exactly sure what it has to do with tourneyfags, regardless of if Sakurai made it.
>>
>>259876375
God please kill yourself you spoiled child.
>>
>>259879674
Casuals who don't give a fuck what controller they use or why the Gamecube one is better?
>>
>>259880006
>Still not exactly sure what it has to do with tourneyfags
Who requested it?
Please tell me casuals requested the Gamecube controller.
>>
>>259879873
The argument is that if Sakurai follows the competitive scene he obviously didn't make the FD-only mode for them because it would make no sense.

I don't know how into the scene Sakurai is but I doubt that if he wanted to cater to them he wouldn't half ass it like an FD-only mode. He did it because of how often FD was picked in wifi.
>>
>>259880046
What do you mean? I've never seen a person play with a controller that wasn't a Gamecube controller. It's the fucking standard regardless of skill level.

I don't know what tourneyfags have to do with it, all my casual friends myself included are all happy for the gamecube adapter.
>>
>>259879734
Character changes that are an attempt to cope with shitty 3ds hardware (less pikmin, no character transformations) are being carried over to wii u. If ice climbers is in one game it should be in the other.
>>
>>259880585
The Wii supported the Gamecube controller without an adapter, and there were no good controller alternatives. The Wii U pro controller is perfectly fine as a controller for casuals.
>>
>>259867973
Yes OP, I feel for hi-
>including Ridley

Fucking dropped. You guys don't give up. The leak is real, Ridley is not in. Get over it.
>>
>>259881038
>playing Smash with anything that isn't a Gamecube controller
absolutely disgusting

and I'm a casual
>>
>>259872993
>Kojima
>devoted
Yeah, trying to leave the industry every couple years is quite the devotion!
>>
File: eliot.jpg (11KB, 162x227px) Image search: [Google]
eliot.jpg
11KB, 162x227px
>>259877471
This is how the world ends.

Not with a bang, but with a roster.
>>
>>259881319
Not going to play the 3DS version then?
>>
>>259881517
3DS gets a pass because it's portable.
Just like N64 gets a pass because it's old.
>>
>this somehow ruins the whole game
idk these leaks have just got me more hyped.
>>
File: 1404856978996.jpg (77KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1404856978996.jpg
77KB, 600x800px
>>259872431
This is the exact same reason leaks are shit:

They're low quality and don't provide enough context to harvest interest in the characters. It's the same crap that happened with Pkmn X/Y, most people hated those terrible quality static pictures, but many of those hated pokemon became extremely loved once they held the game in their hands, like Hawlucha and Greninja.

Leaking a character in boring screens will not do it justice and only works to get everyone angry. Those very same people have a VERY high chance of being more accepting of the characters if they're properly introduced.
>>
>>259870690
Sakurai has every right to go nuts. It's his baby, man, you don't take pictures of someone's baby and post them on the internet.
>>
>>259880410
>FD is one of 3 stages that are played in Jap tourney scene
>you can't even turn on items in For Glory mode
And he did this because how often FD was picked in WiFi?
>>
>>259867973
Who cares, game looked like shit anyways.
>>
>>259876285
It was some guy from NoA who had the game to send things to the ESRB
>>
>>259867973
He's so~ cute.
>>
>>259876389
>villager pockets the stopwatch
>villager pulls za warudo on convenience
God, my dick can only get s ohard at once
>>
>>259882084
Yes. What part about it didn't you understand? Were those supposed to be reasons why you disagree in your greentext, because they don't really mean anything.
>>
>>259872431
That was pretty much the WFT for a lot of people. When news of her first came out people were pissed, but when the trailer for her came up people started to warm up to her.
>>
>>259882386
And your "theory" does?
>>
>>259867973

Maybe iof Sakurai didn't have Meleephobia, then people would appericate his feelings more.

I don't get it. Why is he so fucking afraid of Melee?
>>
>>259867973

The only thing I asked for, was for Ganondorf to not be a clone anymore.

Was that too much?
>>
>>259873398

>he

o boy here we go again!
>>
>>259882785
Why does Sakurai hate us?
>>
>>259882785
>clones have never gotten unique movesets in the previous games, surely he'll change Ganondorf this time!
>>
>>259883000

He wanted to get rid of clones, didn't he? Why would he lie?
>>
>>259877324

If only he was good at his devotion.

i just want HAL to make Smash Bros again, because if Sakurai thinks that Dark Pit is a good addition to the roster and not characters people have been wanting since Melee, he's one deluded mother fucker
>>
>>259883068
He got rid of Snake and Mewtwo didn't he?
He has never said he was getting rid of clones or anything clones related. Sakurai is literally the most misquoted guy on the internet.
>>
>>259870690

The fucking yankuza are on his ass now, he is probably dead now
>>
Why does everybody say that there is a lot of KI wanking in this game? There's only 3 characters, which is less than Zelda, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, and Mario.
>>
>>259883068
Good thing Ganondorf isn't a clone then.
>>
>>259883329

Kid Icarus only got three games. It doesn't deserve that many slots. Other franchises like Metroid or F-Zero barely got one slot.
>>
>>259883000

Falco has a lot of different moves than fox. He was basically luigified.

Ganondorf isn't even from the same series as Falcon. It's stupid and it's a travesty that it's lasted this long.
>>
>>259883329
Because a game developer isn't allowed to favor his own creations. If /v/ chose the roster there wouldn't be any favoritism at all.
>>
>>259882754
Because he has a perfectly justified dislike for the fighting game community.
>>
>>259883329
Because KI doesn't "deserve" as many characters as it's getting and people think like it's only getting that many because Sakurai whoring out Uprising.

I disagree with many rosterfag complaints but I think that one was valid. I don't know anyone other than the most diehard Kid Icarus fans who wanted or expected more characters.

I feel the same about Fire Emblem.
>>
>>259867973

lel
>>
>>259883000

I'm actually fine with clones when they make sense, but Ganondorf has never made sense.

He is also a big rep for Zelda
>>
>>259883525
Falcon doesn't even have a moveset in his series.
>>
>>259867973
That's what he gets for making this shit "tourney-compatible", if that's even a thing. You fucking autists ruin everything, even for yourselves.
>>
im late to the party, what happeend? characters were leaked? full list? who? why?
>>
>>259884737

People have some issues with the roster. I don't mind people ignoring the issues and enjoying it regardless, that's their right. But calling people sonyggers and autists because they don't like the character roster?

That's pretty shallow.
>>
>>259883707
There will never be enough Kid Icarus reps because Kid Icarus is never getting another sequel. You guys will be playing on your new Metroids, DKs and Zeldas soon enough while the only new game Kid Icarus fans will be playing is Smash Bros. Fuck you all.
>>
>>259884920
what?
>>
File: now it's official smash.jpg (150KB, 529x690px) Image search: [Google]
now it's official smash.jpg
150KB, 529x690px
So it's finished.
>>
>>259884931

>You guys will be playing on your new Metroids,

No, we won't. Metroid has been canceled, and the sequels were scrapped. Apparently there "wasn't enough interest".

So yeah. Based Nintendo, right?
>>
>>259885003
ayy lmao
>>
>>259884979

You should see the pure hostility being thrown around. If you don't 100% like every single thing about the new Smash Brothers, you're labeled an evil heretic, and people descend upon you like ravenous birds.

Is a man not allowed to show disinterest anymore? Has this become a zone where thought policing is now enforced?
>>
>>259885298
are you quoting the wrong person?
>>
>>259885092
http://www.ecumenicalnews.com/article/metroid-wii-u-release-resurfaces-developers-go-on-hiring-spree-26134
>>
>>259883707
As far as I'm concerned Lucina is just a glorified alternate costume. People who have a problem with her being in Smash wouldn't give as much of a shit if she didn't take up a "slot". Is that really so different than being a alternate costume with some shit changed around? Other than that I don't think Fire Emblem is going to get that much representation at all. I can't say for certain since the game isn't out yet, but I don't think it going to get any items, I don't think we're going to get to fight any bosses from the series, and there aren't any generic enemies from the series in smash run. Can we really say it's being over represented?
>>
>>259885445
Yes because who the fuck cares about bosses or smash run enemies?
>>
File: 3981392893.jpg (6KB, 146x251px) Image search: [Google]
3981392893.jpg
6KB, 146x251px
>>259885436

>Team Ninja will be returning

Well, there goes my hope.
>>
>>259885389

The guy asked what was happening. I told him. The full roster was leaked and people didn't like it.
>>
>>259871498
>with clones
>only one clone this game
nice try
>>
>>259872993
>could of

Aaand credibility destroyed.
>>
>>259876742
thank god summer is almost over
>>
>>259885936

What about Dark Pit? He's a literal dark clone. Or Dr. mario who's the exact same as regular Mario. Or Ganondorf who's basically a clone of Falcon. Or Zero Suit Samus, who's the exact same as Power suit Samus?
>>
>>259885436
>they made it into a Metroid article

fuck them. Retro is done with metroid, fucking deal with it god fucking damn get over it. Retro has gone on record saying they DON'T want to be known as the Metroid studio. They did their trilogy, and they are done. They are hiring for other projects like Diddy Kong Racing, and most likely a 3D Donkey Kong. They have a wacky sort of style that fits best with other Nintendo IP, like Donkey Kong, which is something THEY chose to do and enjoyed doing. Probably why THEY pitched DKR. Kensuke has gone on record saying he wants to work on 3D Donkey Kong. So in reality they are probably working on 2 DK games. Diddy, and Donkey.

Maybe after one they'll go to a new IP or even better Duck Hunt reimagined as a 3D platformer by Retro. Their level design and style would perfectly fit his new design. I'd fucking love that.
>>
>>259885578
It's still representation isn't it? I don't think we're going to see any other FE shit aside from he three characters and glorified costume. I'm not really calling for more representation though. Just that there would be less people saying that FE is being over represented if Lucina didn't take up a slot, but was still in the game.
>>
>>259886206
Nah I agree with you, but bosses and smash run enemies are really, really irrelevant.
>>
>Proceed to bitch out your entire fanbase for your employees actions
>Call your entire fanbase "ungrateful little fuckers"

Nintendo fans, defending this, lol.
Console kids are fucking pathetic.
>>
How has no one noticed that Bowser Jr. looks like a reskinned R.O.B? Hell all the gifs look like a Brawl mod.
>>
>>259877471
Dude it was sent to the ESRB, he can't legally change anything
>>
>>259886194
They JUST MADE a DK game and it sold like shit. It's back to Metroid, no arguments about it.
>>
>>259879392
>1007*2
>Square Enix
>Making shit for Nintendo
>>
>>259886147
good point, however ganondorf and c. falcon are very much different besides the fact that they share almost everymove. but ZSS and PSS? literally what?
>>
all he does is make fucking clones. fuck dark pit and fuck dr mario.
i'm glad for the duck hunt dog though, even though we don't know his moveset yet.
>>
>>259886719

Same exact character, except one is for sex fanservice. How is that okay? I think it's lazy and I can't deal with it.
>>
File: duck-hunt.gif (12KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
duck-hunt.gif
12KB, 500x500px
>>259886736
>B - Duck laser - squeezes the duck and it fires a laser from its mouth
>Foward B - Doggie Dash - Shoots forward horizontally in an instant
>Down B - Tall Grass Shield - A barrier that reflects all projectiles
>Up B - Dog-Gone - Leaps up into the air in a fiery burst

>Final Smash - Landmaster
>>
>>259886572
It isn't BACK to anything. They can make what they want. Metroid isn't it. All the people that wanted to make that shit moved on to Halo anyways. They are first party, they don't have to worry about sales. They'll always be funded. Kensuke Tanabe already said he wants to make a 3D Donkey Kong and Retro would clearly be the first for it. Diddy Kong Racing is in development right now too and that's by them. After that I'm really hoping for the Duck Hunt Retro Platformer rumor to be true because it fits so damn well.

They aren't making Prime X, that series is done. The next Metroid is being made by EAD whenever they fucking feel like it. Also, DK didn't sell like shit, it sold more than most Metroids do already, and it's far from done selling. So yeah, every argument about it.
>>
>>259882785
The only thing I asked for was for Ganondorf to keep his moveset because it's the best. I'd rather Sakurai change Falcon's moveset. The last thing I want to see is Ganon be another Marth clone sword user. It's pretty clear that Sakurai has run out of ideas for sword attacks.
>>
>>259887220

>I refuse to buy any Metroid because it isn't a popular series

That's a little childish, don't you think?
>>
>>259886832
uuuuh theey are the same character but COMPLETELY different movesets and the fact that ZSS is nimble and PSS is slower and slightly heavier, cmon man you cant say these 2 are clones
>>
>>259886983
>Landmaster

shhhhhhhh, too obvious

>Final Smash: Doggy dog World
>ducks form a tank that dog drives around the stage
>>
>>259887418
Where in the hell did I say that? What the fuck?
>>
>>259867973
Question /v/: And I may just be to big a pushover when I ask this...

But should we send Sakurai a card telling him that we are thankful for all the hard wprk he does and don't let one asshat who leaks shit ruin your work by spoiling it, because even than we are still thankful for what he worked on, and no amount of leaks will ever take our love for it away?

tldr; Should we send a card to cheer him up?
>>
>>259887484

>uuuuh theey are the same character but COMPLETELY different movesets

But that's a bad thing, remember? Playstation all stars had Cole put in twice, but he played completely differently in both roles. You guys hated that.
>>
>>
>>259887737
No we shouldn't.

Fuck you.
>>
>>259887660

Hating Metroid because you think it's like Halo now seems childish, especially since Metroid came before Halo.
>>
File: dk.jpg (61KB, 667x363px) Image search: [Google]
dk.jpg
61KB, 667x363px
>>259887220
>They can make what they want
They can make whatever makes Nintendo a profit, and that's clearly Metroid.
>Also, DK didn't sell like shit, it sold more than most Metroids do already
Pic related, inb4 >vgchartz.
>>
>>259888148

That's not accounting for Digital Sales.
>>
>>259876389
With Nintendo's secret Yakuza connections there really is no telling what is happening to this guy
>>
>>259888148
Again, it's not done selling, doesn't count digital sells, and that's not a little.

and they can make whatever they want, which is clearly NOT metroid. It's never been Metroid what the fuck are you on? You guys are seriously the worst Nintendo fanbase
>>
>>259888363
Digital sales isn't going to push it over 1 million. And you know Metroid is way more popular than that. The fact is Retro is working on multiple games at the same time, and I would be surprised if one of them isn't Metroid.
>>
>>259888959

>disliking Metroid: Other M makes you the worst fanbase

Care to elaborate why?
>>
>>259889043

Miyamoto is supervising it, and he's gonna give it the same treatment as Paper Mario.

>throw away all these enemies, they're too original
>make it turn based because we can't have it be like any other metroid
>have it be about Samus fighting Mother Brain again, no originality allowed!

Can't wait for Metroid: Sticker Star.
>>
The next Metroid will be a third person game in the style of the Nintendoland mini game made by EAD.
>>
>>259875843
>>259876279
>>259889051
>>259889278

Look at this ACfag wannabe

Actually, those last two seem very genuine
>>
File: 1395099789410.jpg (17KB, 144x216px) Image search: [Google]
1395099789410.jpg
17KB, 144x216px
>Nintendo will also be live streaming a shocking announcement tomorrow at 6am Pacific Standard Time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do1jqY6k4M4
>>
>>259889752
It's Pokemon
>>
>>259889428

If that was ACfag, they'd be blatantly wrong. But there's too much evidence in their favor.
>>
>>259890078
Any idea what about?
>>
>>259890358

Probably that Pokemon Detective game they hinted at earlier this year
>>
>>259890407
better cost as much as trozei 3ds
>>
File: 1408501933710.jpg (65KB, 264x379px) Image search: [Google]
1408501933710.jpg
65KB, 264x379px
>>259890407
>Pokken will never be real
>>
>>259889278
>if he supervises one bad game then all the games that come after will be bad!
Does that mean if he supervises a good game again, all the games that come after will be good?
>>
>>259891059

The man is senile, and I've never seen a good game out of him this gen. He's completely forgotten how to make a good game.

Tell me, what hope should I have for Metroid? Look at Smash Brothers for instance. They want us to view Metroid as nothing more than sexy lingerie. They don't want you to see a badass who kicks ass. Why else do you think ZSS gets WAY more exposure than power suit samus?

Considering how much they loved Metroid: Other M doesn't help either.
>>
>>259890785
Harada mentioned they still had one "unannounced" game around the time Tekken 7 was revealed
>>
>>259867973
*tips mario hat*
>>
>>259891375
When I look at ZSS I see a badass who kicks ass. I never played Other M though.
>>
>>259891375
>Why else do you think ZSS gets WAY more exposure than power suit samus?
Because people like her more?
>>
File: 473335.jpg (10KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
473335.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
>Still thinking this leaks real

Even if it was, Ridley would just be a shitty Charizard clone and I'd laugh at you anyways.
>>
>>259891549
>>259891596

>I never played Other M though.

Then you have no idea. It's canon that Nintendo doesn't want Samus fighting. it's considered wrong for a woman to fight, which is why a man always fights in her place.

A little example from Other M: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGK1F8Dq7cg

The only reason she's fighting in Smash is because it's non-canon. If a new Metroid ever came out, they wouldn't allow her to do anything
>>
>>259892014
I think you're overreacting a bit. It was one shit game. Calm yourself, series have shit games sometimes.
>>
>>259892407

>I think you're overreacting a bit. It was one shit game.

It's about to become "multiple shit games" since Sakamoto is confirmed for coming back. And guess what? Nobody at Nintendo hated Other M. It's one of the most celebrated titles on the Wii.
>>
File: 1369338202674.jpg (47KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
1369338202674.jpg
47KB, 640x426px
>>259867973

Assuming the leak is true (which I don't believe it is) I wouldn't call this roster something anyone, let alone Sakurai poured their heart into.
>>
>>259892561

>Sakamoto is confirmed for coming back.

Prove it
>>
>>259867973
But no one is sure Ridley is in. That or I've got so many mental blocks in place to protect myself from disappointment. Would be nice if he made it.
>>
>>259893370

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/metroid-co-creator-sakamoto-doesn-t-want-to-return-to-traditional-games/1100-6419020/

Despite the name, he says he "wants to reimagine Metroid with a more emotional experience."
>>
>>259892014
The only reason she's fighting in Smash is because Sakurai wanted one more Metroid rep and it's not going to be fucking Ridley.
>>
>>259892014

>Metroid Prime 3: You have to kill all your bounty hunter buddies and feel sad and still carry on like the baddass you are.

>Metroid Other M: I can't kill this thing i've killed thousand times because sadness.

Holy fuck team ninja pls go.
>>
>>259893905

I'm surprised he allows her to fight at all, since he loves Other M so much.
>>
>>259893905
You sure about that?
>>
>>259894059
Put the fucking trip already.
>>
>>259894083
90% of the time, I'm right every time.
>>
>>259894173
>waaaaaaah dont hate on muh perfect other m!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neo nintendo fans AKA good goyims
>>
>>259894282
You probably thought Ness was cut in Brawl because he was implied to be.
>>
>>259877580
Hopefully.
>>
>>259893796

>ctrl + f
>wants to reimagine Metroid with a more emotional experience
>Phrase not found
>>
>>259894360
No because he's part of the original 12.
>>
File: Screenshot (45).png (470KB, 985x883px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (45).png
470KB, 985x883px
>>259895001

Hope you're ready for Metroid: Other M 2.
>>
>>259895156
But he was implied cut. I thought we had to take Sakurai at facevalue?
>>
>>259877471
Make Koopa Kids playables isntead of bowser jr alts. Each one will replace some of the new characters not yet confirmed officially in the page, except clones
>>
>>259895430
Yeah, he said that in regards to games that aren't Metroid.
>>
>>259895737

How do you know that? He said that RIGHT AFTER he said "I'll come back to Metroid. That possibility hasn't been ruled out at all."

Are you saying Sakamoto would never ruin Metroid with emotional drama? Because Other M would like a word with you.
>>
How mad was Sakurai after the leak? What did he do?
>>
>>259895606
No because he's part of the original 12.
>>
>>259896197
The same thing he did after the Gematsu leak. Nothing.
>>
>>259895869

So, you're basing your argument on "what if"?
>>
>>259896786

I'm basing it on something that's already happened, and will happen again because of all the warning signs present.

Can you show me anything that indicates that the next Metroid won't be Other M 2? Because all evidence points to the contrary.
>>
>>259896907

The fact that he isn't even working on the next one
>>
File: 1408770096362.png (232KB, 602x536px) Image search: [Google]
1408770096362.png
232KB, 602x536px
>>259885936
>only one clone this game
>>
>>259897171

[citation needed]
>>
>>259895869
>In an interview with CVG, Sakamoto, director of Super Metroid and Metroid: Other M, was asked whether he plans to return working on more traditional game series, since he's currently serving as a producer on Tomodachi Life."I do not intend to do so," Sakamoto replied.
>>
File: sakurai-2012.jpg (34KB, 637x345px) Image search: [Google]
sakurai-2012.jpg
34KB, 637x345px
>be adorable 7/10 qt loli
>nobody talks about your kute hair
>nobody compliments your lovely skin
>nobody comments on your pretty brown eyes
>all people care about is the video games you help make
>people only post pictures of you on video game boards
>all that work to be pretty gone to waste
>>
>>259876389
I'm still looking forward to playing as villager. He was announced right at the beginning, and I feel like he'll be pretty fun.
>>
>>259897484

You completely left out the part after that.

>"There might [currently] be various tasks I might be involved in with past series.

Which means he's working on something, and a new Metroid IS in the works. So put it together.
>>
>>259898092
>I do not intend to do so
>I "might" help with past series
= definitely making the new Metroid to you?
>>
>>259898494

His obsession with adding tons of emotional drama into everything wouldn't allow him to skip out on perfecting his waifu vision.
>>
File: 1406012691998.jpg (53KB, 744x615px) Image search: [Google]
1406012691998.jpg
53KB, 744x615px
>>259898592
>>
>>259898802

If you have an argument, then please, lets hear it. Nobody wants to see a reaction image with nothing to say.
>>
File: 1406012691998.jpg (201KB, 1488x1230px) Image search: [Google]
1406012691998.jpg
201KB, 1488x1230px
>>259899067
>>
>>259899285

I guess, if you have no argument, I've won. Now, if the new Metroid is genuinely good, then I guess I'll have nothing else to say. but there's no likelyhood of that, if Other M and Smash brothers are an indication.

*tips my hat* good day to you.
>>
File: 1350676782277.png (349KB, 3287x1850px) Image search: [Google]
1350676782277.png
349KB, 3287x1850px
If he really cared, if NINTENDO cared they wouldn't have put such a limit on the game by making the 3DS hardware the deciding factor.

A cheap grab for money because they don't have any confidence in their console, even though this game would have sold consoles, countless people aren't going to bother when they can get the same version for the 3DS

Fuck you Nintendo, this could have been IT
>>
>>259900263
You're pretty cancerous. There is no such thing as ironic memeposting.
>>
>>259901035
>countless people aren't going to bother when they can get the same version for the 3DS
And even more countless people will get both.
>>
File: 1407288913460.png (31KB, 744x824px) Image search: [Google]
1407288913460.png
31KB, 744x824px
>>259900263
>>
>>259902074
>People will buy a Wii U when they have a 3DS to get both

No.
>>
File: have u ever made a game ayy.jpg (19KB, 223x206px) Image search: [Google]
have u ever made a game ayy.jpg
19KB, 223x206px
Have you guys ever made a game? Do you understand how difficult it is to boss people around and have them do literally everything for you when you have it easy as the ideas guy?

Have you?
Thread posts: 260
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.