[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
What's stopping /v/ from making our...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 520
Thread images: 52
File: Untitled.png (18 KB, 588x242) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Untitled.png
18 KB, 588x242
What's stopping /v/ from making our own review site?
>>
Writing talent.
>>
>>259295370

Size.
Anonymity.
Speed of the board.
>>
>>259295370
>DSP

Does anyone else suddenly feel like Zoe is not such a bad person afterall?
>>
Money
Lethargy
Horrendous taste
>>
>>259295370
We do.

If you mean an anonymous shitpost site, whats the point? I guess it would be entertaining.
>>
>>259295526
>>259295723
All of these.
>>
Nothing is. We've done it a few times. The question is, what's stopping /v/ from not giving a shit about the website and still focusing on the shitty review sites, like what happened every single time?
>>
It's been tried, and you haven't heard of them. An indication of how successful it's been.
>>
/v/ can't complete any sort of organized project. There's too many people with differing mindsets that would want to get involved and it'd be a disaster as usual. Plus everyone is super lazy.

Best that you could do is take a few people from /v/ and make a site and say it's a /v/ site, but chances are a majority of /v/ would hate it and would find reasons to bitch.
>>
>>259295671
I just want to see Kotaku, IGN, etc BTFO. I couldn't give less of a shit about Zoe.
>>
>>259295370
i have very in-depth knowledge of a very narrow genre of video games
>>
Being a good reviewer requires being as objective as possible, and formulating a coherent argument to support your opinions.

/v/ is incapable of doing any of those things.
>>
>>259295370

>fuck Zoe

no thanks
>>
Jesus Christ, remember that shithole Dead Pixels? There's a reason we don't try anymore.
>>
>>259295671
Get the fuck out, you're not fooling anyone.

Also, fake tweet.
>>
I think we have already done that, it didn't work.
>>
based dsp
>>
>>259295370
Y'all nigguz jus jelly cuz yall don't got no pussy
LMAO
>>
/v/ made their own sites before

Honestly, your regular /v/irgin is the last person you want to ask for reviews. A large majority of people here are easily swayed by the consensus opinion and will approach every game with a set bias from the start.
>>
>>259296239
>OP asks a question about us making a review site for videogames
>this chucklefuck thinks this is a e-celeb thread
Enjoy the ban.
>>
I have a template that I put together for a failed tech blog that I'd love to donate to someone who was serious about this.
>>
Convert the /v/'s recommended wiki to a proper site.

FUCKING DONE.
>>
>>259295671
Even a broken clock is right twice a day. I'm more confused as to how DSP figured out how to use Twitter.
>What do you mean I can only have 140 characters? I have to click a button to post? WOOOOW!
>>
DSP says something intelligent for once? Holy shit.
>>
>>259295370
Gather your Party: http://www.gatheryourparty.com/

All the members are from /v/ (but none of them mention or connect themselves with 4chan in any way, as it should be)

You can tell by the way they write and things they talk about on podcasts occasionally but that's it
>>
Isn't that how gather your party started out?
>>
>>259296405
Actually it did work, it got taken over by reddit.
>>
>>259295370

We tried ti with the /v/ recommended games wiki and reddit took over it after it was abandoned
>>
Everyone's opinions are subjective as hell, and even if we made different people specialize in each genre, there would be fighting because they like/don't like something somebody on the board doesn't like/likes in the genre.
>>
>>259296675
>>259296746
Are they good?
>>
File: 1268004250554.jpg (86 KB, 656x1200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1268004250554.jpg
86 KB, 656x1200
Tripfag syndrome
Terrible writing
We even have our own agenda

Shit would get stale real quick and last about 2 weeks at most
>>
>>259296760
A wiki isn't a review site, it's a wiki.
>>
>>259296564
You are not fooling anyone
>>
File: 1402437680213.jpg (312 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1402437680213.jpg
312 KB, 1920x1080
>>259295370

I think we are starting to forget that 2\3 of /v/ are braindead weaboo console peasants
>>
>>259296926
No one is trying to fool anyone. Announcing your report is against the rules.
>>
>>259296239
No I'm not clicking your HET link
>>
>>259295370
It costs money, time, dedication, etc. and shit like that only works if people are seeing it.
>>
Punching your testicles while masturbating feels amazing
>>
>implying I can put my thoughts into words

I'm like half a retard, I know I like a game but I can't articulate why
>>
File: 1407798963015.png (14 KB, 530x444) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1407798963015.png
14 KB, 530x444
>>259296856
this guy knows whats up

all the tripfags would try to become e-famous and start taking shills from companies

then after the tripfags reddit will come to try to fit in.
>>
>>259295370
well, /v/ is. Given the nature of the board - anonymity - and its sheer size it'd be hard to pull off.

And even if we did? All it would take is one dedicated shitposter to ruin the whole thing for everyone involved and in the case of this board, ahahahhahahahahhahaha.

Seriously I can imagine a bunch of bad reviews for games for any given console in row with the same message. And if we moderate those, well, it kind of ruins the point of a /v/ review site doesn't it?
>>
>>259295671
Fuck off, KWOfags. gb2 watch over 100,000+ videos and make shitty snippets colab videos of his terrible playthrough fuckups.
>>
>>259295671
Read this and then come back, faggot: http://gabrielaknight.wordpress.com/
>>
>>259295370
well people could maybe submit reviews anonymously (if they want, readers often appreciate if they can recognise writer they like) and they'd be voted on forums or whatnot (peer reviewed) or picked by some rotating staff and those would go to front page with community endorsement.
>>
>>259296760
No not the recommended games wiki, an actual game review site.
>>
plenty of people did, but it never works because /v/ just collectively goes "I disagree with one of your opinions thus you're reddit/tumblr/luelinks/lizardmen/whatever the fuck"
>>
>>259296675
>You wouldn’t know it from static screenshots alone, but everything in the game hinges around the rhythm of the soundtrack. Movement and combat is dictated by the four directional keys alone, which have to be pressed in time to the beat in order to move. All actions are performed with these four inputs, be it attacking enemies by stepping towards them, switching weapons or picking up items by walking over them, or using items by pressing two directions simultaneously. This control scheme lends itself perfectly to the game’s compatibility with the dance pads you may remember from DDR, but I never got to try it out in NecroDancer.
zone2
>The rush I felt while playing NecroDancer at its most hectic, fueled by the adrenaline-pumping soundtrack, was quite similar to that of BitRip Runner. NecroDancer demands much of the same precise timing and undivided attention as you try to navigate its devious obstacles in time to the music.
A casual shit site for casual shits.
>>
>>259297049
When did I say I reported anything?
>>
>>259296850
No
>>
>>259295526
>implying current journalists have talent
>>
>>259296064
Katawa shoujo :^)
>>
>>259297425
Are you saying you didn't?
>>
there's been quite a few attempts but making real in-depth reviews does take a good amount of time and effort. it's hard to find people who will do something like that for free to a small and especially critical/nit-picky audience.

since this is the video game board it would only make more sense for people to play the games themselves and just hold our "discussions" as usual.
>>
>>259296856
What if we make the reviews anonymous then and just have the team be known internally?
>>
>>259295370
>all reviews in greentext
>incoherent/10 reviews
>any of the people writing actually playing vidya
>>
>>259297629
You are stupid, you have stupid ideas.
>>
I actually have one
>>
>>259297569
Its only implied. But its easy to assume things if you are already aware this shouldnt be there
>>
>>259297469
Bait but incase anyone misses it, /v/ played a minor minor role in that.

Anyone thinking about this needs to remember that the majority of /v/ hates the majority of /v/.
>>
>>259295370
We do, it's called /v/
Fascinatingly every game is shit.
>>
File: 1304981529458.gif (787 KB, 240x174) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1304981529458.gif
787 KB, 240x174
The only way I could ever see a review site working is if 3-5 different people of varying taste all submit a review for the same game. The most they would show to identify themselves is their preferred genre and maybe a list of their favorite games. Those 3-5 people would also need to actually PURCHASE the game (and this is important) just so that there's some actual value attach to it when they review it.

Sort of an anonymous take of the EGM format.
>>
>>259297948
>that deflect
Haha. Save it for the ban appeal. Next time don't report a videogame thread on /v/ nor should you announce the report.
>>
It could work if not in a traditional review format.

Something more like: Good and Bad stuff about a game columns. Done all in /v/ itself and published elsewhere. No names.

Insert every (relatively brief) opinion posted in a single image removing repetitions, people read over them to get a general sense of the game and if it is wroth of their time or to confirm/deny what they expect of the game.

If must grade it numerically, split into subcatherogies and give no 'total score'. (graphics, gameplay, fidelity to franchise, sex simulation, so forth, each game can have its own scores but scores are done o average).
>>
>>259298216
>actually PURCHASE the game (and this is important) just so that there's some actual value attach to it when they review it.
NEVER EVER
>>
I can't write for shit. I try to articulate why I love certain games all the time but it mostly amounts to "shit's cool man." When you're a writer, a reviewer? You need more than that. The readers deserve more than that.
>>
>>259295370
i'm already working on it
>>
>>259296675
I used to write there but then I got busy and then my buddy started his own gaming website focusing on early access games . Fuck I need to write three articles for that still
>>
>>259298216
I don't see a problem with pirating first, pay later if it's good.
>>
>>259296064
Except there is a website that was started by people from here too.

Guess what, theyre not anonymous, thats why you might not recognise it from the lack of shitposting.
>>
A /v/ review site would be awful.

>it's not on my favorite platform so it's shit 0/10
>it's eastern/western it's shit 0/10
>I don't like this developer 0/10
>I don't like this genre 0/10
>I don't like the politics of the guy that delivered pizza to the devs last wednesday 0/10
>>
>>259298216

No

Cultofkefka when it was around did it best

it hosted a download of the rom as well as an IMPRESSION, not a review, an IMPRESSION of the gameplay, in a short, concise format.
>>
>>259298293
Where's the videogame thread. I dont see any videogame here
>>
>>259298972
Probably because you only read your own posts.
>>
>>259296760
Fucking reddit ruin everything with their faggot SJW and SRS shit
>>
>>259296080
>I just want to see Kotaku, IGN, etc BTFO.

Those arent even gaming sites. not anymore than USA today is a weather map
>>
>>259295370

Just imagine this scenario:

>Fairly average, run of the mill game comes out
>it has a lot of cinematic elements, but there's a game in there to be had
>additionally, it's not a complete cookie cutter game that plays exactly like whatever FPS defines the current standard, but it's still fun
>/v/ run "review" site gets a hold of it:
>"HURPADERP! top fucking kek! ENJOY YOUR MOVIE FAGGOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??!!?!?!?!!!?!?!!!!! Let me just TIP MUH FEDORA TO YEH! literally 40,000,000,000 keks!!!! It ONLY runs at 59 frame per second!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?! WHAT THE LITERAL FUCKING FUCK YOU FUCKING FUCKS!?!?!? MY $10,000 super computer makes the graphics look SLIGHTLY better, so console fags can blow me!!!! I R THA GREETEEST REVEW'R EV'R!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Do you really want that?

The only way it would ever work is if there were some kind of nomination system, involving users with set names (witch I think would cause enough of an uproar) that would be up to popular vote.

So let's say a user called "I_like_gaems_45" submits a bunch of reviews that a bunch of us basically up voted, then he'd be "in" and allowed to review whatever he wanted and post it after that.

Then we'd just have to deal with the epic fucking asspains over named users in general being attention whoring faggoots and the inevitable PC bias that would occur. Because I think we all know that the absolute best console reviewers here would get lambasted and treated worse than jews in WWII Germany, while the most cancerous, trolling asswipe euphoric PCtards would get voted in just for owning a PC...

Any way you look at it, it ain't gonna work.
>>
>>259298547

It's easy to write.

Just get to the point.
>>
>>259295370
/v/ Can't agree on shit. There are PCtards, Nintentards, Sonytards, Microtards and lots of other tards who will all have differing opinions about things.

What /v/ can do however is point and laugh at retarded shit the games industry does.
>>
File: =).gif (985 KB, 245x189) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
=).gif
985 KB, 245x189
>>259298801
>Top ten reasons why your favorite game is shit and you are too.

I can see it
>>
>>259295671

yeah people who stand to profit from her continued relevance and useful idiots.
>>
It would be easy as fuck to make a review site from /v/

Just get one guy to shit on a game

Another guy to praise it.
>>
Money
Lazyness
Lack of interest
>>
First steps towards critiquing any artistic work (yes, video games are technically an "art" just as literature) is that a clear list of elements are defined. There are elements of literature, film, fine arts, et cetera. However, we don't have any universally recognized "elements of video games." Can we make a list? What are the essential elements of a video game.
>>
A requirement for any review should be to have played it from start to finish.

Review should also focus on:

>Core gameplay
>Graphics
>Audio if any, don't review just the music, what about the sound effects
>Comparison to similar games or games that are completely in the other direction
>Overall presentation of the game, this is where you talk about problems

One paragraph each. If anyone wants to start, just pick a game you recently finished and write it out in this thread now.
>>
>>259299137

So you don't run it like some sort of hyper-democratic community shit site. Have 1, and not more than 1, righteous incorruptible person approve reviews for publication. Anyone with the time and inclination could do this.
>>
>>259295370

>still posting fake tweets
>>
>>259299874

See my post below yours.
>>
I'm not up to speed, just know some drama is going on.

Anyone got a link to whatever these allegations are?
>>
>>259299862
Graphics.
>>
>>259300105

shit meant for >>259299862

Get on it anons, pick a game, any game you finished, and start reviewing right the fuck now.
>>
>>259300136
What if it's a text-based game?
>>
>>259295526
But that isn't stopping anyone else
>>
Every other week, literally dozens of games are "greenlit" on Steam and have a post on all of these websites saying that they've been greenlit.

I guess every developer had sex with the authors too, huh?

Fucking PC gamers, your culture is embarrassing.
>>
Keep everything Zoe related in one thread please
>>259299320
>>
>>259300306
There are no text based games anymore. They were fun but they are dead now.
>>
>>259300264
Gameplay seems nice, but what are the elements of gameplay? Can you define gameplay? What is a game and why? I'm not just being douchy, we have to understand what a game is, what makes something a game (and not some interactive website or graphic novel) and how we should analyze game mechanics.
>>
File: Fucking Phil.png (141 KB, 1041x578) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Fucking Phil.png
141 KB, 1041x578
Hahaha fucking based Phil
>>
File: youngalex.jpg (113 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
youngalex.jpg
113 KB, 1024x682
OUR GUY already runs the best videogame site on the planet
>>
>>259300306

Replace graphics with writing quality and legibility. Is it easy to read? Easy to immerse into? Can you picture what's happening?
>>
>>259295370
honestly if you want this person out of indie dev stop bringing her up
her product is shit so if people stop bringing her up she will eventually fade away
>>
if there was one i would.
>>
>>259300440
No one is talking about zoe, read the thread loser.
>>
Even DSP made more research than the other cunts
>>
>>259300462
So if I made a text based game, it wouldn't be a game?
>>
>>259300658
If you made a text game it would be shit.

Prove me wrong, let me play it.
>>
>>259295370
the fact that /v/ can't agree on most things and the review site wont have a solid opinion.
>>
>>259299889
You assume that such a person has ever existed, either now or at any point in the history of the world.
>>
>>259298801
>I don't like the politics of the guy that delivered pizza to the devs last wednesday 0/10

Agreed with you until this. I bet you support Zoe.
>>
WTBfun.com
>>
>>259300605
That's the problem though. It's not an element then. Literary elements are in ALL narrative fictions.
>>
>>259300508
I don't get it.
>>
>>259295370
Isn't that the entire point of Gather Your Party?
>>
>>259300502

Game: a medium of interactive entertainment, with emphasis on interactive.

Gameplay: how the game works, how to play the game. What is your impression of the learning curve, is it easy to get into? Are reflexes/twitch skills a must? Can you get into it, or do you find the gameplay is not for you?

This is an example of what you analyze.
>>
>>259300893
I am, because I should've died a long time ago and no longer care.
>>
>>259300832
I'm sure it's shit, but would it be a game? Bad game =/= not a game.
>>
>>259301156
Nah, that's a complete shit site made for nerds.
>>
>>259301052
I don't see what that had to do with Zoe. I'm just saying that /v/ can get up in arms over really minor shit, like the people who hate Platinum Games over Kamiya's twitter account.
>>
EGM style reviews are the only reviews that work
>>
>>259301223
>a medium of interactive entertainment, with emphasis on interactive.
Are facebook quizzes games then?
>>
>>259301267
A shit game might as well not be a game though.

Would you play a shit game? Would you recognize a shit game's existence or would you rather forget about it? Easier to say it is not a game, so you remove that faggotry from the industry.
>>
File: 1391034295940.png (42 KB, 300x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1391034295940.png
42 KB, 300x300
http://youtu.be/qaELAvXhFGM

I've been giving reviewing a go. What do you all think? I need some constructive feedback.

>>259301078
I loved that GTAV review.
>>
>>259295671

no, you faggot cunt
>>
>>259301495
It's shit.
>>
>>259300306

The graphic section would be down to your choice of fonts, spacing, alignment, any specific font properties you used like bold or italic, and DPI of your font.
>>
File: 1396716569125.gif (3 MB, 267x212) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1396716569125.gif
3 MB, 267x212
>>259299137

That's some shitposting you have there.

/v/ is usually very objective unless the game has some autistic fanclub following like Dork Souls or Witcher 3, negative opinions are 90% true tho.
>>
>>259301449

Yes, because quizzes can be games. Haven't you played board games at all?

What makes videogames what they are is part of its name: video.
>>
>>259299087
Reddit in general hates SRS. The only people there who don't hate SRS is SRS.
>>
File: plebs.jpg (139 KB, 606x503) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
plebs.jpg
139 KB, 606x503
>>259299137
worst pleb

There wouldn't be console reviews, console folk are too fucking lazy to even put together a PC (ez as lego) there'd be a 98/2 split of PC to Console content anyway.
>>
>>259301467
But then you have a bias in reviewing. If you only define elements to things that you like or prefer or feel like others would like or prefer, then you're not being objective.

It's like me saying that celebrity cameos are an element of reality shows and that all reality shows without celebrity cameos are shit, so they might as well not even be reality shows.
>>
>>259301428

You mean Famitsu style reviews.

And by that you of course mean the worst reviewing style possible, i.e. multiple reviewers and hugely inflated points scale.
>>
>>259301816
Get out Reddit.

We are not looking for the truth here, we are looking for someone to blame.

So fuck off and stay the fuck there.
>>
Go on /v/shill site
click on review
>2/10 made me play
>Too weeb -5/10
>Not weeb enough -3/10
>No waifu -9000
>>
>>259295370
WHY IS DSP SUDDENLY BECOMING BASED?
>>
>>259302047
Because I photoshoped the tweet so that retards like you wold believe he is based.
>>
piece of shit, shit gameplay, shit graphics, casual, press x to win

10/10 if its not popular

- /v/
>>
>>259302167
Nothing wrong with that, make it a reality.
>>
>>259300869
Wouldn't that be good? The site can have reviews from a variety of users. This means that there can be good, bad, mediocre, etc. reviews for you to peruse.

I don't see that being too bad.
>>
>>259301942

It's easy to circumvent bias. State or warn that you are biased on a particular genre in the first place so readers can move on and avoid the review.
>>
>>259296634
Just to be abused by leddit again

Yeah, no
>>
As a twat as Phil is, I actually prefer him to Zoe and crew.

But don't say 'fuck Zoe'. I mean really. She will follow through on it.
>>
>>259301785
Okay. I should really check out the definition of a game in that Persuasive Games book.
>>
>>259301495

I like your rating system.

Your review is overall pretty good, but you don't really go over any technical aspects of the game. I was expecting at least a brief overview since you labeled it as a review of the PC version.

I think that would have been helpful.
>>
>>259302310
We already know it's your opinion, you don't need to preface it. But what people expect is an opinion rooted in reality.
>>
>>259302583

The preface is for autists.
>>
>>259299442
This. Everygame should have a
>the good
>the bad
>the ugly
buttons that directs you to a different reviewer, one that liked the game, one that thought it was shit, one that thought it was mediocre at best.
>>
Would it work if there was a forced format by which to review games? say you rate each aspect out of 10 (gameplay, story, music, etc) and write a few sentences about why your feel that score is justified for that aspect and then the website gives an overall score (you cant directly give an overall rating).

Once a review is posted it is passed through a peer-review stage and once it is accepted it is placed onto the website front page.
>>
I wish I had a friend to review vidya with.
>>
File: Ataturk.jpg (1 MB, 1550x1850) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Ataturk.jpg
1 MB, 1550x1850
>all these casuals butthurt that a large portion /v/ doesn't like their games
>>
It would be full of memes
No reviews about games just dragon dildos
All the games reviewed would be called shit
Nintendo games get perfect scores regardless of quality
>>
>>259303046
b-but when n-nintendo does it it's different!

for some reason!
>>
>>259301428
>They have a fucking ninja reviewing gmaes
The best
>>
>>259302874
That's what fucking formalism is in other arts. You typically review based on those elements. Other theories are criticism are sometimes needed to explore certain areas of a particular work and sometimes they serve as fun exercises. But, typically, when people review Tolkien or whatever, they don't just start on with calling him a queer hater.
>>
>>259297234
>great points about the awfulness of in-groups, cliques and nepotism in the games industry
>lovely point about the importance of gameplay in games
>suddenly turns into shit opinions on gender

She was doing so well
>>
conquest's second law
the instant people have identities they start drifting towards the same sj bullshit you get on polygon, shitaku, etc.
http://unvis.it/www.gatheryourparty.com/2014/06/16/assassins-creed-unity-and-historical-accuracy/
>>
>>259302437

You should. Just because it's not in video format doesn't mean something can not be a game. Lost? The games are all around you, anon, you're just not looking.
>>
>>259303046
>It would be full of memes
You don't know /v/ if you think it enjoys cancer.
>No reviews about games just dragon dildos
Dragon dildos would be a feature
>All the games reviewd would be called shit
Most probably would, but the actual good games would be acknowledged. Protip, most games are shit nowadays.
>Nintendo games get perfect scores regardless of quality
Nintendofags are a large force on /v/ but they aren't the majority
>>
Because someone would look way too deep into something that was written and call it the trending buzzword.
Also, not everyone has the disposable income to be an idort.
>>
>>259301104
The dude was flaming people who spoke out against the Xbone's shittiness, and a bot for their support team sent out a congratulatory tweet
>>
>>259303181
>free optional dlc
boy nintendo sucks am i right
>>
I was thinking of this the other day. Do like valve does. All the reviews are community driven. You can vote for your favorite review and the best liked ones will be at the top. There will be ads since no bribery is accepted. Video reviews are welcomed through the utubes. If the voting system gets manipulated, it will be done with. You can favorite reviewers so you can see what they are writing and so forth.
>>
>>259295526
Although I do have some writing talent, I'm not really fit for reviewing games. I never play games for long periods of time, I barely ever play games soon after release, and most games I barely even get halfway through before hopping to the next one.

On the other side you have people who could very well review games due to the amount of time they put in them and their knowledge and insights in the whole thing, but then those people couldn't even write a note for a teacher so somekid wouldn't have to do PE if they broke their leg.

Although either one of us could easily do a much better job than any of those idiots running the show now.
So I'll just go ahead and say it's general laziness and a fear of online interaction beyond anonymous boards, plus a dash of fear for responsibility.
>>
>>259303046
We could get 2 or 3 people to make sure none of that happens.
>>
>>259295370
dsp doesn't even know who that bitch is. he didn't tweet this
>>
>>259303397
You haven't been on /v/ if you think they dont post memes all the fucking time. Ironically doing it is still fucking doing it idiot.
>>
File: benis.jpg (29 KB, 419x249) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
benis.jpg
29 KB, 419x249
>>259303514
>free advertisement

wow, thanks.
>>
>Zoe will never put her pussy on your dick
>>
>>259303753
>optional product placement
>also implying some people don't like the idea of driving a mercedes as fucking mareo
>>
>>259295370
So make one. And watch it fucking fail
>>
>>259303590
Honestly fuck that. Make it like an image board. Make it like 4chan. A list of reviews and those with most recent comments are at the top, that way you don't have to deal with the bullshit reddit style of popular opinion=fact. Voting systems aren't worth it imo.
>>
>>259303740
>thinking /v/ post memes all the time
>2014
Just get the fuck out man
>>
>>259303307
Yeah, just flipped through my book (I forgot he signed it) and I couldn't find a definition. However:
http://bogost.com/writing/videogames_are_a_mess/

This seems like a good start.
>>
>mfw no richanon to support me and 3 other anons and help us get our reviews off the ground

It's really a huge part about who you know. Whether its someone who's a huge fan and is financially able to pay for steady reliable work. Then establishing relationships with the companies themselves to get access to alphas/betas/ect,ect,ect.
>>
>>259303181
Do you really have to shit up unrelated threads with "there's a nintendo bias here despite every single nintendo thread being full of people complaining about a nintendo bias" shit?
>>
>>259303958
I know it's your first day. No need to try to police the board ignorant child.
>>
File: 1368591459707.jpg (20 KB, 512x384) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1368591459707.jpg
20 KB, 512x384
>>259303928
> implying some people don't like the idea of driving a mercedes as fucking mareo

some people like paying for horse armor too.

does it make it right?
>>
>>259304098
Oh the irony.
>>
>>259303785
Thank fuck for that.
>>
>>259303740
>You haven't been on /v/ if you think they dont post memes all the fucking time
Alright then, link me 3 threads full of memes. We post them all the fucking time according to you so this should be pretty easy.
>>
I wanted to do it myself a couple of times. I mean, I have the domain, webspace and time available. So what's stopping me, right? for the most part it's motivation.

My website is full of unfinished things. I messed around with mediawiki, phpbb, coppermine, content manager, wordpress and other stuff. I was always highly curious and motivated at first but then I lost interest.
>>
>>259304086
He is right you know.
>>
>>259304148
you're not paying for the mercedes though
>>
I think it'd be nice if we had one that had like, a few admins (as the main writers) and then also offered a selection of reviews from the public (/v/) and a general consensus via voting.

That'd be a pretty perfect review; a main one from someone affiliated with this "review" site, a few public opinions and a consensus voted on by the community. so you get 3 alternate views on the game.
>>
>>259304159
Grow up
>>
>>259303397
>Dragon Dildos will be a feature
Fuck off with your /v/ culture, we don't need that cancer.
>>
>>259304361
>gets told
>can't resort to say anything but a cliche come back from high school
Lovely.
>>
File: 1373486350291.jpg (144 KB, 1000x1415) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1373486350291.jpg
144 KB, 1000x1415
We're not a content aggregation site, we're a content creation site.
>>
>>259295370
/v/ is divided, unmotivated and above all self-loathing. Just look how people reacted to the /v/GAs. We don't need a "/v/" review site, we need reviewers site with a politically moderate (or apolitical), hardcore perspective. Like what EGM used to be.
>>
>>259304052

Pretty much a system of rules driven by a narrative.
>>
It's a waste of time and money, if you want opinions on a game just ask here.
>>
We have it already. It's called /v/, where everything is shit, rightfully.
>>
Do we really need a quality check? Can't we just put up all reviews and have people vote up the good ones?

>muh vote manipulation
>>
>>259304241
Not who you're replying to, but I just scrolled only the first page and came across:

>>259298119
(Why is she so perfect /v/?)

And:
>>259281754
(What went right?)

It happens all the fucking time.
>>
>>259304413
No john, you are the cancer.
>>
>>259295671
Fuck off, Adam.
>>
Now that journalists are even more underpaid than they were when we had print magazines unfortunately most reviews are handled by 2 maybe 3 people on a website.

Having the same game reviewed by multiple people is the right way to go but sites cant afford to waste time and manpower like that
>>
File: 1401409802613.gif (153 KB, 268x199) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1401409802613.gif
153 KB, 268x199
>>259304303
I would totally help you if I knew anything about those things you just mentioned.
>>
File: now really.jpg (84 KB, 550x725) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
now really.jpg
84 KB, 550x725
>>259304326
I wouldn't want to pay for an advertisment either, are you honestly silly enough to deliberately that the comparison in my reply was about people wanting things doesn't legitimize their existence, not directly comparing the horse armor to a terribly hamfisted advertisement dropped in a game for 5 year olds.
>>
Here is what's gonna happen if we would ever create a review site.

It would be run by reddit within a year. The same shit happened to "/v/'s recommended list of games". It happens everytime. It's filled with redditcore garbage.
>>
>>259304241
> spoofed me because I lack the ability to scroll page 1

Yeah no. You're a fucking moron and don't even know what a meme is. How about the fedora shit?
>>
>>259303958
Yeah, not like there wasn't a time where all you would see is Pizza guy and jimmies.
>>
>>259304530
>ask for an opinion about a game on /v/
>nondescript 3-5 sentence long review ending or starting with "it's shit"
>>
>>259298801
>>259299246
that would be hilariously fantastic tho
>>
>>259304458
> gets told
> lol leave faggot

Oh yah, blew me right the fuck out.
>>
File: 1406173103352.jpg (25 KB, 579x329) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1406173103352.jpg
25 KB, 579x329
>>259295370
because if you post it here everyone will turn on you instantly thinking youre just a shill. On top of that when you say anything someone here disagrees with he will lash out at you because your opinion now represents "/v/s" opinion

after that its no longer "/v/s review site" but just another review site
>>
>>259304303

All a review website needs is a good sorting/indexing system to navigate through reviews, a place to store screenshots or concept art, and a place to actually put the text of the review and a peanut gallery/comment's section.
>>
No one would take a review site made by 4chan seriously.
>>
>>259297224
> In Which DSP Explodes

The Kojima World Order strikes again!
>>
>>259304596
He's going to argue that's "board culture"
>>
>>259295526

Nigga. I can write just fine. Lets get this shit moving.
>>
The Best Gamers are from /v/, and they are as good as it's going to get.
>>
>>259301495
You're just too generic brah, you're just talking over game footage with no humour or any kind of enhanced editing.
>>
File: 1392494503441.jpg (12 KB, 271x186) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1392494503441.jpg
12 KB, 271x186
>>259298574
>early access games
He should kill himself
>>
>>259295370
wow i never thought he'd actually say something that is true.
>>
>>259304967
the purpose is to make something of use for /v/irgins to put up their own reviews to be read by other /v/irgins
>>
>>259305031
Board culture is cancer and defending it is even worse.
>>
>>259305106
so, terrible.
>>
Could someone please explain to me in a completely unbiased way who the fuck Zoe is?
>>
>>259304795

Of course you're gonna get stupid shit like that, but there will always be people who give out their honest opinion on the game, you just gotta discriminate between posts and pick what you think is the best stuff. I honestly can't see how having our own review site would be much better.
>>
File: nigger.png (251 KB, 1622x924) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
nigger.png
251 KB, 1622x924
>>259304596
Not the one you are replying to. But I don't think you understand what a thread full of memes is like.
>>
File: 1408148894422.gif (126 KB, 720x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1408148894422.gif
126 KB, 720x480
>>259303397
You are everything I hate about /v/.
Every time something that is down very often on this board, someone like you will go "n-no it isnt" we just do it ironically.
Dragon dildos arent a fucking feature, its not fucking funny, its not fucking video games.
Nintendo does get way too many passes, along with every gaming related company.
I would hate for /v/ to try to make its own site, it would be full of the same bullshit thats being posted here every goddamned day.
>>
>>259304596
The way people start threads aren't memes you fucking spastic
>>
>>259305305

catalog on /pol/, go and look up the thread
>>
>>259305245
i'm guessing posting anime girls isn't "board culture" but in fact "the reason for the websites existence" and is fine to post though?
>>
>>259304859
> lol leave faggot
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>259305245
Not seeing how it's cancerous. Back to reddit
>>
>>259301495

Not bad. A shame that people don't give a crap about reviews if they are not praising the game.
>>
>>259305310
to weed out the stupid shit, obviously
>>
>>259304668
Most of these things aren't as mysterious/terrible as they might sound. Most of them come with easy installers and walk you through everything step by step.

>>259304960
Wordpress can get most of that stuff done way I see it, Kotaku is just a blog, so wordpress should do the trick. The problem is finding a style that works. Some content manager software might work for that too.

If you have webspace available, storing concept art isn't a problem. I think the real problem is getting a general idea on how your site should look and then look into the options that are available to you without cutting too many corners.
>>
>>259304596
You have the reading comprehension of a monkey. None of that is a meme you imbecile fuck.
>>
/v/ is full of fags basing opinion as fact
i wish fuckers on here could just except that some people enjoy games that others don't

It is so god damn annoying
>>
File: shit.jpg (218 KB, 764x1024) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
shit.jpg
218 KB, 764x1024
Are you implying /v/ would have better reviews than any of these other shitholes? Maybe a few years ago but not anymore. /v/ gets more new posters more frequently than any other board, any sense of community this place once had is long gone. Instead it's now a giant mixing bowl of different colors of shit from tumblr, gamefaqs, neogaf, reddit, youtube, twitch, etc and it's the largest reason why this board is so god fucking awful and why every thread turns into a giant argument because they're all a special variety of stupid and they can't agree on anything.
>>
>>259305537
>Implying Pizza guy, Dragon Dildos, Jimmies, Deep Sea isn't cancer

Try and defend this off topic garbage.
>>
>>259305693

How the site should look? It should look like the HUD of some game.
>>
>>259300893
Maximilian Robespierre
>>
>Reposting:
Idea for a gaming website:
>Weekdays
One article regarding a certain aspect of a new video game. Mondays are related to the game's Development History, Tuesdays are about the game's Art Direction, Wednesday is the Gameplay, Thursday is the game's Story and Characters, and Fridays could be a guest article about something else related to the game, whether it be Social Issues brought up in game or a deeper explanation of a game's Inside Jokes or References to Films, for example. It can essentially be about anything, as long as it doesn't mimic the previous four articles.
Each article, if necessary, may also be appended with a Second Opinion from one of the other writers if they wish to make their own short comment. The fifth article is exempt from this, unless that Second Opinion is as well-crafted as the original article.

>Weekends
On Saturday, there is a Final Review of the game that takes from the first four articles (and the fifth, if applicable), essentially summarizing the week's content. Each of the four article writers then gives their own score of the game, maybe with a short explanation, and the final score is added from those scores. Sorta like Famitsu, but out of 25 so that Metacritic can get an X/100 score.
On Sunday, one of the writers puts up their own review article about any other video game, whether it's a game from a few months ago that the site missed reviewing or a game that only hipsters from TIGSource would know about.
>>
>>259304306
He isn't. Nintendo gets shit on all the time, just like every other company. Every single WiiU release is impossible to discuss in the months near release. W101 got shitposted to death and only got decent threads afterwards, DK threads got shit on, even Pikmin threads got shit up.
>>
Honestly while DSP bitching about games not holding his hand is silly, I still kinda like the guy.
>>
>>259295671

Zoe pls go
>>
>>259306028
>Nintendo gets shit on all the time
Link me to a thread about people complaining about Nintendo right now.
>>
File: 114347280.jpg (29 KB, 300x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
114347280.jpg
29 KB, 300x300
Make anything.
Even a themeless wordpress template will do.
>>
>>259305935

Robespierre was not righteous nor was he incorruptible. Fanaticism is not righteousness.
>>
>>259295370
But /v/ works well enough as a review site as is. Even /v/ has good pastebins and recommendations.
>>
>>259295370
no one /v/ wants to sleep with girls
>>
>>259306139
>>259298864

Literally 5 seconds.
>>
>>259305449
So a female game developer associated herself with men, made a game, and got bad press?

What the fuck is the big deal?
>>
>>259306242
Now let's analyze in depth how the thread goes.

I could be the owner of that thread.
>>
>>259305898
Honestly, I've always been more of a fan of simplicty. No shitty unnecessary images and logos loading.

Header is the site logo/name whatever
Left to center the review
Right some navigational stuff
Bottom the comments.
>>
We are working on it.

Problem is no one knows what they want to do because no one has been here long enough to witness /v/ try this again and again.

Can't just have a /v/ review site, because reviews aren't the cancer. Video game news is the cancer.

Plus metacritic is doing just a fine job as a review site already.
>>
B A S E D D S P
A
S
E
D S P

D S P
S
P
>>
>>259306242
I was banned two times on /v/ and it was two times I said something bad about nintendo. I never got banned for anything else even though I've been far more hostile
>>
>>259306139
There isn't one up right now, but there have been constant threads shitting on Xenoblade X for weeks now.
>>
>>259295370
I remember there was some site that /v/ tried to get going. It was called novidya or something like that. The entire idea was based around not having a scoring system and just having a written review that people would have to read instead of just seeing X/10. Once the site got up half the reviews had a scoring system in place (some X/10 some X/5). I contacted the site owner about it and he replied with "Who gives a fuck?"

So I stopped visiting the site.
>>
>>259306585

its fake
>>
>>259305537
> lol I don't see how board culture and retarded memes and off topic shit is an issue
> go back to reddit

Wow kid.
>>
>>259306670
He is right you know.
>>
>>259306361
>Now let's analyze in depth how the thread goes.
You asked for a thread about people bashing Nintendo, there's one right fucking there.

>>259298864
>>259301202
>>259301405
>>259301630
>>259302731
>>259303138

There, people bashing Nintendo, what's there to analyze?
>>
>>259306604
then the mod should be banning for all consolewar faggotry, not just those related to nintendo.
>>
>>259305975
That's... not an awful format suggestion, but making readers wait 1-1.5 weeks for the final score seems like it would vastly inhibit interest and miss the traffic wave right after new releases. Especially if reviews are all the site does. I do like the concept, though, it just seems less feasible unless you're looking to make this a pure hobby site hosted on some awful free web host.
>>
>>259306028
Yeah not like Nintendogaf wasn't sending Nintendo cards left and right this year.
>>
wasnt gather your party a group of people from here?
>>
>>259306139
>right now
I can't find any SILKY SMOOTH threads right now, doesn't mean people aren't shitting up sony threads all the time with it.
>>
The hardest part of making a review site is finding competent editors. Fuck, the hardest part of any journalism is finding competent editors.

If you have good editors, they can fix bad writers, but having good writers doesn't help fix bad editors.
>>
>>259307050
>neofags still buttblasted they got BTFO by sony
Did you cry when Kojima got our card too?
>>
Give me a good website name.

I'll buy the domain now and setup a website with wordpress. Then we'll need some editors.
>>
>>259295370
every game would receive the shiny note of
>It's Shit/10
>>
>>259307316
The0thguy
>>
>>259307316
notvidya.com
>>
File: 1408645145641.jpg (567 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1408645145641.jpg
567 KB, 1920x1200
A server and a domain name
>>
File: 4chan has changed.png (224 KB, 800x407) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
4chan has changed.png
224 KB, 800x407
>>259305850
While I agree with you on those, off-topic doesn't always mean bad. I would rather have an off-topic post that was original and actually funny or something new to discuss than the same fucking boring threads that get reposted a million times a day.
>>
The idea of a sort of /v/ consensus I think is inherently flawed in the implication that kind of system would give you useful information. First of all it would eventually get taken over by reddit, so it almost goes without saying the whole venture would be pointless. But beyond that the idea that /v/ can provide recommendations as a community is no good, because /v/ on average is tasteless, poor, and a console pleb.

Your best bet would be to find some youtuber that has similar to your own personal taste and take their word for it if you must follow reviews. Generally speaking I think there is such an incredible level of user feedback on games these days you can filter through the astroturfing and the trolling.

Who among us is not totally inured to buzzwords these days anyway? When someone says a game is fun and immersive, do you think wow I should buy it? Or do you think that the person has basically just spewed some shit with nothing to back it up.

I'm hoping it's the latter. Do your research, be an informed consumer. Failing that find someone with similar taste to your own, and begin developing your skills as a critic.

Remember that video games are still a hobby, you can wait a few days for a game to come out, you're not going to miss anything and your life won't be worse for it.
>>
>>259296675
Yeah I don't know why I never see GYP mentioned around here anymore. Fuck this board.
>>
>>259301428
>Ninja named Sushi X

Now I'm imagining Famitsu with a cowboy reviewer named "Hamburger Z"
>>
>>259305850
>Doesn't know what cancer is
You have to be cancer in order to not understand cancer. Board culture isn't cancer you stupid fuck. You think board culture and memes are synonymous, showing your new.
>>
>>259306817
I can literally give you twice as many of those posts. Let me find 12.

>>259299598
>>259301512
>>259302537
>>259303028
>>259303108
>>259303198
>>259303553
>>259303750
>>259305340
>>259304663


I failed, I got 10, not 12. But that's still almost twice as much as you gave me.

In a literal 74 replies' thread
>>
>>259306789
No he's not you stupid moron.
>>
oh OH oh i have half a document somewhere describing a review system that i think would be really transparent to gaming (as in, cheating the system)

god damn let me go find it or rewrite it from memory
>>
File: 1408548318854.jpg (50 KB, 1920x1085) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1408548318854.jpg
50 KB, 1920x1085
>>259307316
You need to have anonymous reviews. No authors, just a thread like once a week where you ask people to submit a review and a picture.
>>
>>259295370

Typical review:

"I'm not nostalgic about it, so it's shit. 0/10."
>>
>>259307636
But he is, and you are not.
>>
>>259305765
The 12 year old doesn't know what words he uses means. Shocking.
>>
>>259307773
What's wrong with that?
It gives all the information it needs to.
>>
>>259307631
Been here for a long time. Doesn't mean I can't eventually get sick off /v/'s off topic threads. Quit trying to fit in and go post a deep sea thread or something.
>>
>>259295370
Because /v/ is not a single person.
There are fuckloads of different people here with completely different taste and opinions. There's no "us" or "our", because most of us has nothing in common.
Also, we rely on anonimity. Writing and publishing a review is based on some sort of authority. You listen to some guy's opinion, that's what a review basically is. Anonimity rejects any authority.
We not only can't, but also shouldn't try to organize something like that. It's missing the whole point.
>>
>>259307634
Quantity doesn't matter, you asked for a thread with people complaining about Nintendo:

>>259306139
>Link me to a thread about people complaining about Nintendo right now.
>people complaining about Nintendo right now.

You never said "There has to be more people bashing Nintendo that defending it, otherwise it won't count"
>>
>>259307316
implyinggames.review

Jump on the new ICANN domains nigga
>>
>>259307773
I'm okay with that.

>>259307894
>Been here for a long time.
2 months is not a long time, a year is not a long time. 3 years is not a long time. 5 years is not a long time.
>>
>>259307634
What is that supposed to prove? The whole point of shitposting is to get a bunch of replies with as few posts as possible.
>>
>>259305829
Go to reddit where they will hug and kiss you for liking the stupid AAA bullshit you think is good. If you can't handle people having negative things to say about games you might like, get the fuck out.
No one is saying you can't enjoy it or like it just because someone else doesn't like it.
>>
>>259307634
The important thing is that they are both shitposts and are proof that any review site made by /v/ would be torn apart due to our own rampant factionalim and inability to stay united when it's most necessary to do so.
>>
>mfw shitaku scored a 0 on the reuters 10 journalistic principles needed to become an affiliate.

MSBC scored a 5
>>
File: 1401602536347.gif (301 KB, 350x464) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1401602536347.gif
301 KB, 350x464
>>259300893
I could do it.

I wouldn't even attention whore.
>>
>>259308034
>quantity doesn't matter
>when talking about if /v/ hates or does not hate something
Just admit you lost and move on, retard.
>>
>>259307778
If you don't see how it's negative you're simply a retard. Not much to it.
>>
We already did, we made GYP.

Fact of the matter it wasn't very popular, since the opinions you could get there you could just get from, well, reading /v/.
>>
I really need to take a shit so I can't read the whole thread.

Is /v/ thinking about making their own review site now? Normally it would seem fool hearty but after this week, anything can happen.

If we're making one count me in. I've been prepping to make my own site anyway.
>>
>>259307740

We also need a section for popcorn reviews, like this anon here:

>>259307773
>>
>>259308272
>if you don't agree with me you are retarded
quality logic
>>
>>259308219
>ask for something
>guy gives you exactly what you asked for
>n-not you're still wrong, r-retard
alright then
>>
>>259307976

This is where tripfags and namefags can actually be useful while being shat at.

I nominate Onsokumaru for JRPG reviewer. We can legitimately tell him to shut the fuck up.
>>
>>259307316
hitlerdidnothingwrong.com
>>
>>259308363
> off topic shit posting and regurgitate red memes are fine

Superb logic. And yes, you're obviously an idiot.
>>
>>259308453
>ask for something for a reason related to the discussion we are having
>guy gives you exactly what you asked for
>then guy proceeds to pretend he is mentally retarded and completely forgot what the discussion was about
Nice try strawmanning.
>>
>>259297469
broquest
>>
FUCK YOU FUCKING HACKING CUNTS

FUCKING RUINING DIVERSE VIDEOS FOE EVERYTHING

I HATE YOU FUCKING CUNTS

THIS WEBSITE LOOKS LIKE IT'S FROM 1996 YOU FUCKING NERDY CUNTS


GO GET LAID
>>
>>259308363
> if you're a retard you're a retard

Yeah wow that was difficult huh?
>>
>>259308618
>my opinion is law
>keep disagreeing with me and I will continue to call you retarded
What a badass.

I'm sure you get all the ladies with those argumentative skills
>>
>All of these newfags don't know /v/ DID create their own review site
Look up gather your party.
>>
>>259295370
All games would be rated shit.
>>
>>259308779
>>259308618
>that literal samefag
lol
>>
>>259295370
i have genuinely considered trying
Mostly because im tired of reading bullshit reviews and you never know i might actually make some money
Probably not though
>>
We would need a semi anonymous contest so /v/ goers can pick people with what they feel are decent tastes and writing ability.

I say semi anonymous because once those people are chosen, their mandate would be to review games and nothing else. They would never give their name, other than their reviewer number (so as to let people know which reviewer is reviewing which game).

The point of anonymity is that it would prevent the industry from trying to buy them, like they did every other reviewer.

So no interviews, no previews, no opinion pieces. Game reviews that state facts couch opinions purely in the comparative so that everyone can understand and get a good feel for what the game would be like.
>>
>DSP agrees with a lot of /v/'s stances on subjects
>We still shit on him endlessly
He's the hero /v/ deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
>>
>Why don't we make our own site
http://www.gatheryourparty.com/
HURR DURR Because summer kids don't know we already have one.
>>
File: A For Faggot.gif (3 MB, 350x336) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
A For Faggot.gif
3 MB, 350x336
>>259295370
But we do anon. This board is the home of many autists and neckbeards, and our reviews sift through garbage tier vidya gaems to diamonds in the rough. True, 90% of the time in this board it is shitposting and le epic amy may tr0ling, but we do find some great games.
>>
>>259295370
>DSP being actually based
>DSP actually figuring out how to use Twitter
>DSP actually making a real sentence that is correctly capitalized, not mis-spelling or shortening words to fit the shitty character limit, etc.

Is the world going to end?
>>
>>259308907
Not /v/ at all.
>>
>>259300309
>>259297461
So /v/ would do a review site only to get laid?
>>
Actually, we had a similar thread earlier today, and some of us threw some ideas around. We're getting organized now, and looking seriously into whether or not we could actually make something.

The truth of /v/ projects are, however, that they almost always end up being shit or irrelevant.
>>
>>259309056
And he's just as bad as videogames as /v/.
>>
>>259309078
>go to the frontpage
>facebook
I'm sure /v/ made that and not the cancer that is killing /v/

Might as well link to Reddit, it wouldn't change anything.
>>
>>259296856
hey I wouldn't..
>>
>>259296850
Yeah. They have a nice podcast.
>>
>>259308836
The fact it's cancerous isn't an opinion, redditor
>>
>>259309056
>We still shit on him endlessly
We shit on ourselves 24/7. I don't see the problem here.
>>
>>259309372
And that's why you don't qualify to represent /v/
>>
buy a .me domain

.me is montenegro

MONTENEGRO
>>
>>259309162
>not /v/
>Everyone there goes to /v/
>>
>>259301495
You should email me
>>
File: 1357249041110.jpg (150 KB, 749x747) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1357249041110.jpg
150 KB, 749x747
>>259309602
>cancer goes to /v/
Tell me something I don't know
>>
>>259299246
>Super Smash Bros. Could Ignite Wii U Sales, man in hobo clothings says
>Last of Us gettings a movie release on the PS4
>Top 5 keks of the day
>5 weird grandma tricks to see if your friend is a sonygger
>>
1. build staff to categorize games (not tags, some actualy goddamn taxonomy)
2. build userbase to vote simply like/hate on games
3. build aggregate liked/hated data sets per category and present to public ('80% of all users like this game; 95% of all users that like FPS like this game')
4. cross-reference data sets for profiled users (you like 75% of all your FPS games, and NEW GAME is liked by 90% of all users that like >75% of their FPS games, so you might like it)

that doesn't seem so hard

does steam make tags for games available via their api yet? last i checked they did not since it's beta
>>
>>259309470
>the fact
>it's an opinion
I chuckled
>>
File: what 4.png (73 KB, 268x437) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
what 4.png
73 KB, 268x437
>>259309737
What kind of last name is storms?
>>
>>259309737
I'd fuck him.
>>
>>259309798
Easy to do with the strawpolls at different timezones.
>>
>>259299246
>>259298801

I guess a /v/ review site could have actual critical reviews of games and then fun shit like that as well
>>
>>259309798
Also, make a separate database for Anon submitted hate/likes and user submitted.
>>
>>259309929
The name of a future rocker.
>>
>>259302791
No, one that says he like the game, one that says it's shit, and the other who makes threads about non-vidya.
>>
File: 1383420097411.jpg (1 MB, 2508x1613) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1383420097411.jpg
1 MB, 2508x1613
>>259309937
Would you fuck this one?
>>
Vote for the website domain

http://strawpoll.me/2403063
>>
>>259306273
She doxxed people. Advocated censoring entire sites.
>>
>>259310098
nah man
if you don't log in you don't get to say shit
that's the whole point, it's how you build engagement

i can't tell you what i think you like until you tell me what you like
>>
>>259309798
my xbox tells me i might like skyrim and two worlds because i played Das

number crunching isnt a great way to go about it
>>
I thought about doing a blog and just having threads where people write out the most abusive shit about a game and posting that as a review post.

Think other fuckers that don't even come here would steal the content so didn't bother.
>>
>>259310278
>my personal life
Found Zoe.
>>
>>259310337
No, it would be funny, and taken non seriously.

"Look, 99% of anon voted shitty game, haha. The actual chart says 67% people liked it and the rest did not."

Its not that hard. Just not to be taken seriously.
>>
>>259296675
uh wow I totally forgot about them. Sorry GYP I been looking for a good vidya podcast lately too
>>
>>259310465
that's why categorizing is such a hard job and should be kept out of the hands of publishers and platforms alike
>>
>>259305374
>implying it isn't ironically
You must be one of the people who think le nodding man is something people look up to.
>Angry at dragon dildos sarcasm
You just proved you're new and a fucking idiot.
>Nintendo does get way too many passes
/v/ isn't one person you fucking cancerlord. It's different people and groups defending what they love.
>along with every gaming related company
How fucking stupid are you? Nintendo gets more 'passes' then anyone else because Nintendo fans always come to their defense, just as it has always been since the beginning of the internet. You are seriously new as fuck and reek of cancer.
>I would hate for /v/ to make its own site
Then get the fuck out of here and don't return. You already proved you don't belong here.
>>
>>259299874
>Core gameplay
This should be the focus of the review. Every other aspect should be talked about in terms of it, for the most part
>Graphics
Beyond technical aspects (lag, resolution, framerate) simply showing off footage of the game is usually enough, unless there's some really niche part of the game that isn't represented in said footage
>Audio
If there are specific audio things that enhance the gameplay, sure. If the soundtrack is above or below something that serves its purpose and nothing more, sure. Otherwise, in-game footage is more than enough.
>Comparisons to other game
Should be used throughout the review, but only at time where it is needed in order to highlight why an aspect of the game could be better or worse
>Overall presentation
>This is where you talk about problems
What? THIS is where you talk about problems? I don't understand. Anyways, anything here should still be talked about in the "gameplay" portion. You can usually cover everything important through either relating it back to the gameplay, showing in game footage (except for narrative driven games)
>>
>>259309798
the data sets seem like a nice idea, but with a bunch of registered users it will result in an enormous amount of processing power only used to calculate these.
I've been on sites that had something similar that had to disable it after test runs. Not because it didn't work, but because the performance hits were too large
>>
oh i got it
so when a new game comes out you build a page for it
for the next two weeks you collect voluntary reviews, completely unfiltered, from anyone that wants to post on that page

then when the two weeks is up you feed all that data into a markov model and you make a robot write exactly 500 words about it in the collected style of all the submissions

that is all, no scores, no feedback after that, only a soulless machine telling you how it thinks everyone feels about it together
>>
>>259310278
Zoe?
>>
Why are people trying to argue it would work? Make one then, watch it be a pile of shit. Otherwise shut the fuck up
>>
The fact that 90% of /v/ is underage and has absolutely no maturity, perspective on life and no idea what consist good writing.

So I say leave /v/ out of journalism, they're just gonna try to be super edgy different and pull a reverse SJW and ruin our reputation that is already damaged enough as it is.
>>
>>259310613
>>259296675
their podcast is fucking terrible
expect 10 second awkward pauses, lame jokes, fake laughs and just a general bad time
>>
>post deleted
The plot thickens
>>
>>259296675
What a terrible site.
>>
>>259310254
>implying all Hispanics don't share their name with at least 10 other people.
>>
>>259310562
>>259311036
Huh, so Zoe was here.
>>
>>259310752
> /v/ isn't one person you fucking cancerlord. It's different people and groups defending what they love.
> goes on to say Nintendo gets the most "passes" because he's a stupid retard that browses /v/ for 15 minutes at a time
>>
>>259311036
>>259310562
Hah, and the post is deleted. Oddly referring to Zoe as "Quinn", and then "my".

What a cunt.
>>
>>259310807
well it might be fun to try
it's the building of the categories and then applying it to the list of games that seems most daunting

as long as i can keep the data set queries simple enough there might be something worth learning about in there
>>
>>259311296
Spanish here, ezequiel isn't a common name, it isn't even spanish, sounds like some angelic shit.
>>
>>259311370
>implying Nintendo isn't defend constantly
No faggot, you are the new.
>>
>>259311394
I didn't delete it, it must have been the head moderator of /v/. Wow, you all really hate her.
>>
>not knowledgeable about video games
>not mature
>can't sustain discussion
>nobody here can write
>nobody here likes video games
>>
>>259311440
Its the Spanish version of the biblical hebrew name Ezekiel you dumb spic.
>>
>>259306149
>>259295370
After 5 minutes in notepad, I've created a brief prototype.
>>
>>259311723
>he reads the bible
lol
>>
File: WHERE YA GOING.png (60 KB, 566x418) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
WHERE YA GOING.png
60 KB, 566x418
>>259310278
Hi Zoe.
>>
>>259295370
gather your party is made up of /v/ alumni. I was an editor on there back when they started, hung in there for about 6 months until we got significantly more talent, then let it go, as I could not keep up all of my obligations and work for the site at the time. It's a pretty good site, and I see that they've been steadily putting out a lot of good content.
>>
>>259310771

I'm going by an old format for a now defunct review site in the late 1990s.

>Comparisons to other game
This should not be used or merged throughout the review at all.

This should be separate.

This way you can talk purely of the gameplay mechanics in the game that's being reviewed in the first three sections.

>Overall presentation
It's really meant as a summary paragraph to tie up loose ends or thoughts you had that you hadn't included in the other four sections. Disregard my talk about problems mention, I remembered that wrong.
>>
Is DSP our guy now?
>>
>>259311924
Whats wrong with the bible? Its a fantastic work of fiction.
>>
>>259312018
My grandma reads it.

I don't read granny books. I got PS2 games to pirate.
>>
>>259311643
God damn it Zoe.
>>
>>259312001
He always has been.
>>
>>259312102
I bet your granny also had sex, but I guess you don't do that either.
>>
>>259311463
Every dumbass fanboy defends their shit. Nintendrones, platdrones, xseedshits, treasurefags, megamanchildren, intishitters, ace assholes, chibirobodrones, fag combat, autists may cry, you name it.
>>
>>259295671
It's alright anon, I got the joke...
>>
>>259295370
I'm not sure if someone has said this already: How about a site or a series of youtube videos that just focus on giving information on a game in a very concise format. No ratings, no "i like this", non of that, just quickly explaining how the game plays, mechanics, how much focus it has on story, just whatever information is relevant. If a video have bits showing gameplay/dialogue/anything relevant while talking. If there was a youtube channel that, in under 5 minutes, showed a ton of games (especially not well known ones) that I could quickly watch and get a good feel for how the game is I would subscribe instantly.
>>
I'm worse at playing games than DSP. It took me until mid game of MGR to find out how to parry. I lost to Sundowner at least 4 times once I figured out how to fight him, but before that at least 8 times.
>>
>>259312280
>implying Nintendrones don't go full damage control on /v/
You really are new. Seriously, did you just arrive here a year ago or something? This shit has been going on for over 8 years on /v/, possibly longer.
>>
>>259312258
Fuck you.
>>
>>259295370
/v/, in general, are a bunch of bias and corrupt, no talent hacks, who remain unmotivated procrastinators.

No one person could represent /v/ as a whole. No one person could represent /v/'s ideals. It would simply be another site that claims to be unbiased, except it has /v/'s name pinned to it. But it won't be /v/.
>>
>>259300508
He really enjoys the Xbox, huh?
>>
>>259312280
What's treasurefags, ace assholes, and fag combat? Never heard of them.
>>
Maybe DSP should sell himself to get good publicity.

DSP would probably bang 5 guys while eating Five Guys.
>>
>>259312460
> It's worse with Nintendo cuz I say so!

You're just a biased toolbag with blinders on.
>>
File: 1404008244537.png (138 KB, 400x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1404008244537.png
138 KB, 400x500
>>259301495
I like it.
>>
Yo so check it this game, this fuckin game is tight fuckin 90s straight outta the loud and extreme era tight my nigga its like a Bee Movie meets that N64 offroad beatle racing game sick as fuck dude this shit is hot.

-The game is TOO LOUD I could not turn down my tv the remote is broken
-Shiiiit all thm beatles look nice as fuck my nigga nice as FUCK
+You can wave dash
+The lead developer for this has a great twitter account
>>
>>259311463
You're honestly an idiot if you think it's defended any more than Sony Microsoft and a plethora of dev companies. You're sitting at you're computer knowingly typing something so retarded
>>
>>259312691
>it's worse cuz I say so!
No, it's worse when you've been here long enough and notice it. You are fucking new and you won't admit it. Everyone who has been here a while knows this but you are just upset because you got called out for being a newfaggot cancer shit. :^)
>>
>>259312998
It's not worse, there's defenders of other shit just as much as Nintendo. Stupid fuck.
>>
>>259312998
>>259312885
>>259312691
Nintendo is loved by /v/

Stop pretending.
>>
>>259307316
checkmydubs
>>
>>259312885
>it's defend more than Sony or Microsoft
But it isn't. Look I know you neofags have infiltrated this place a long time but if you're so new that you don't think Nintendofags are on the defense the most, then you're not only new to /v/ but new to videogames in general.
>>
>>259313108
So is sony. So is Microsoft. Get over it.
>>
>>259311867
Visual Update time.
>>
>>259313172
> 100 point scale
> 99 is the best score

i like it
>>
>>259313090
>not noticing how much Nintendofags defend their shit
>still arguing like you know what your'e talking about
Just stop posting. Anyone who has been here long enough know that Nintendo gets way more bias than other companies. I'm not saying that's a good thing, but that's a fact and if you don't know that then you're new to /v/.
>>
>>259295526
I have a degree in journalism and three years of experience under my belt now, if that means anything.
>>
>>259313179
> new new new new new fag new look at my emoticon lol

Underage alert. You obviously just go into LOL comic threads. It's cool, kiddo.
>>
>>259295671
No
>>
>>259313251
Newfag detected.
It's not as much as Nintendo and you just spamming "It is!" doesn't make it so. Again you don't know what youre talking about.
>>
>>259313305
Exactly friend
>>
>>259313446
>look at my emoticon
There isn't one
>kiddo
Neo detected. Go back to leddit or whatever hellspawn you crept out of.
>>
>>259295370
NOBODY EVER FUCKS ME TO GIVE MY CHANNEL MORE PUBLICITY
BROKEN GAME INDUSTRY MECHANICS WOW
>>
>>259313374
> It's a fact!

Except it's not. Anyone with a pair of eyes can see shit gets defended just as vehemently as Nintendo. You just see what you want to see.
Keep being an uninformed retard.
>>
>>259295671
I'm on DSP's side. I can't completely hate him because despite him being a huge idiot and shit at almost every game he's actually pretty good at Super Turbo. As an ex competitive ST player myself I respect anyone who can play it, it's a hard game to be good at.
>>
>>259313529
You spamming "Nintendo gets more passes" doesn't make it true.
Keep calling everyone whose not as retarded as you a new fag though, I'm sure you feel really special and tough
>>
>>259313292
>>259311867
You've already topped every review site with a sizable audience.
>>
>>259313989
>You just see what you want to see
I've been here too fucking long to have a neoshit tell me what /v/ has been like. Yes, sony gets defended. Yes, microsoft gets defended. Do they get defened as much as Nintendo? No. And anyone who has been on /v/ long enough can back me up with that shit. I'm not even a Nintendo fanboy. I have no reason to defend that opinion other than that's the truth and I've been here way too fucking long for someone to say "N-no! Not true!" when it's basically like someone spouting that Bioshock Infinite is /v/'s favorite game and when you disagree they say "B-b-but you just haven't seen the right threads!"
>>
>>259313676
You're the same guy as here >>259312998
Because you're the only retard in the thread saying you're stupid shit about Nintendrones
>>
>>259314398
> I've been here forever new fag stop it!

Then you're a bigger moron than I thought being so blind to what's obvious. I'm ready for your next post about how much of a new fag everyone but you is
>>
>>259314398
No, you're right. The only ones getting as much defense as Nintendo are Valve, and in that case I believe there are a lot less, but more vocal haters.
>>
>>259312568
Treasure (developer)
Ace Attorney
Ace Combat
>>
>>259314398
> I've been here too fucking long to have a neoshit tell me what /v/ has been like. Yes, sony gets defended. Yes, microsoft gets defended. Do they get defened as much as Nintendo? No.
> Because I say soooo!
>>
>>259307316
You'd better pull through mate. I'm pretty curious to see how long this could last.
>>
File: ashedit.png (496 KB, 491x750) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ashedit.png
496 KB, 491x750
>>259296128
Most reviewers did back in the day. You'd have a few broad spectrum writers, then a maybe one for flight sims, strategy, or other niche genres.

Personally I like the way Game Informer does it with one main review and a second opinion (even if their reviews are too generous, it's a decent model in theory).

Really I think what game reviews need is less objectivity. It's too easy to say "well everything works well enough, so some people are going to get enjoyment - 8/10" as opposed to actually having an opinion...

Maybe set it up like this: Anyone can submit review for any game, and people upvote the ones that are most accurate. The second opinion would be can underdog review chosen by the editors, but might more accurately represent the game in the editors opinion, or might be more insightful.

Anyway. Just a thought... Have a picture of Doomguy I edited from a painting of Ash (Evil Dead)
>>
>>259314779
>Admits he's new
I'm not even bragging, I'm just saying that it's the truth and lots of neoshits lately have bee coming on here acting like they know what board culture is. Fuck it, you probably bought a doge shirt or some shit. The cancer on this board took on its own life. You probably aren't even aware of the gaia raids onto here or anything around then.

Just realize that you being a pretentious faggot doesn't mean you know what /v/ has generally liked. I don't even like or hate Nintendo, but I will call out when I know what is fact from years. It's not even just me, lots of people on /v/ have quoted how Nintendofags are defending their company constantly. Hell, this shit has been around since 2003.
>>
>>259295370
we already are, sort off, kind off.
we have generals for games that are very popular in /vg/, and normal threads on /v/ for games that aren't.
go to any thread on /v/ or /vg/ and you'll get a way way deeper analysis of the game then from any review site.
>>
File: grungy.jpg (60 KB, 503x456) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
grungy.jpg
60 KB, 503x456
>>259295370
is this real? jesus christ the apocalypse cometh, DSP said something remotely decent. better pinch myself
>>
>>259314578
>>259314779
>>259315086
He is right though.
>>
We already did. Gather your party.
>>
>>259315253
> I can't read

Keep huffing and puffing and spouting g shit that using the board for an entire 30 minutes will show you differently.
>>
>>259315230
>less objectivity
>than current game reviews

Nigga what? Also;
>upvote system for reviews

Get the fuck out
>>
>>259295370
/v/ is really biased

There'd be nothing but 0's and 10's, and 20 reviews combating those reviews
>>
>>259315253
You're pretty mad about shit that you can't prove and doesn't matter in the slightest.
>>
>>259315603
Doesn't make him any less right though.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM6u0abv5Bw&list=PL0avI-nnBW7AgY5sJKSAReTQRkKK4GiNA&index=1

Didn't know they did this stuff now, it's neat.

This should be helpful for me to keep up, as I never visit gaming sites and all my news come from /v/.
>>
>>259315230
>he wants Reddit to be the norm
Out.
>>
>>259315253
> I'm so old I'm better than you neo kiddies let me tell you whopper snapper about the time I...nvm you probably weren't even alive fucking kid!

Way to fly off the handle because your incapable of realizing your retarded bias, kid.
>>
Cool set up would be each game would have 3 or so shortish reviews by different people who have largely different taste in games so over time people would find some one they often agree with and then pay more attention to what is probably more relevant to them

I personally would say most games are pieces of shit designed for tards and that Japanese games are a scam to get weeb money in exchange for anime girls and bad gameplay

this whole idea and thread is fucking gay though
>>
>>259295370
Semen.
>>
>>259315603
I can't prove it obviously but anyone else who is reading this and has been here a long time can back me up. I've just become tired of what this board has grown into, but I still held on even though I knew it was nothing like it used to be.

Now I see faggots saying "Oh /v/ has always been this way." when it never has been until the past 2-3 years when this board had way too much cancer spread onto it. It's just saddening when you see a board turn into something else and then see idiots who are so obviously new to here, telling how a board is when it's obviously not true.
>>
>>259295370
/v/ tried review games a while bad, they were shit at it, round the time the last of us was out i think
>>
>>259315253
> doesn't mean you know what /v/ has generally liked
>/v/ is one person

Redditor detected
>>
>>259316256
>can't seperate generalizations from singularities
>doesn't even know what a generalization is
Autist detected.
>>
>>259316256
You are autistic and retarded.
>>
>>259316435
There are no generslizations on /v/, newfriend. Stop trying so hard babby.
>>
File: 1408303277215.png (111 KB, 287x288) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1408303277215.png
111 KB, 287x288
>>259295370
WOOOOOOOW
>>
>>259316561
>There are no generalizations on /v/
>2014
>thinking this
shiggy
>>
>>259316146
Really passionate about your shithole, bro
>>
If someone makes the website, i'll do it. Go off donations or something. The only reason I quit going for gaming journalism was because of all this bullshit.
Last of us 6/10
Depression quest -10/10
Injustice god among us 8/10
>>
>>259316893
It used to not be a shithole. It used to be funny as fuck and way more positive. Yeah /v/ has always hated video games, but it had a lot of fun and love for the stuff it did like.

Everyone knew it was turning into a shithole years ago, but kept holding on. Then with each year it seemed to get so worse. I don't think anyone would expect the board to turn into what it is now, but if you think it's a shithole, why are you still here?
>>
>>259295370
I definitely could do something like that. Write for such a site, I mean. I'm studying journalism right now and I'm an alright writer.
>>
>>259298765
thebestgamers?
>>
>>259316810
>/v/ isn't one person
> but I'm one of those autistic retards that will say "/v/ loves X" or "/v/ has always hated Y"

Saying a board has certain generalizations that can be made about them is ascribing to the idea that there is a hivemind logic, and that the entirety of the board is in agreement on something.

Go back to school. Or take a break from your Internet home.
>>
>>259313251
>Nintendo is liked the same way than Sony and Microsoft are
Nope
>>259314675
>>
>>259317321
>implying hivemind doesn't exist to an extent in groups
>implying a group isn't typically a collaboration of people who are in common agreement with things
You really are an autist.
>>
Read this, /v/

gabrielaknight.wordpress.com/

We should stop talking about Zoe, and start a boycott campaign against RPS, Polygon, The Escapist, Kotaku, and any other of these sites that we know now to be unprofessional and corrupt. Also, the IGF, and any other involved.

They are smearing us and the gaming community as a scapegoat for this whole situation, when they are to blame. I propose we do the same.

Do they get ads from gaming companies? Let's tell these companies what we think, threaten to boycott their games too, hit these sites where it hurts.

Let's think about alternative ways to get the journalism job done.

Their bias, censorship and cronyism is unacceptable.

We buy and play the games. It's our community, not theirs!

More in this other thread: >>259315916
>>
I would like to try my hand at this if it got off the ground. Would be cool to write about something I enjoy.

I was a decent enough writer to get hired by a newspaper, but I got fired almost immediately because I realized wow I don't give a shit about real news and didn't write anything because I couldn't make myself care enough.
>>
>>259317321
He is right and you are still wrong.
>>
>>259317625
Not the one crying about how things used to be, and getting sentimental about s fucking video game board, slick.
>>
>>259317625
>/v/ is one person

Newfag detected
>>
>>259317924
>implying caring about a group changing is autistic
That's actually the opposite of autistic. You can't even detect what real autism is, most likely because you yourself are one. Most autists can't comprehend human feelings or emotions.
>>
File: 1336306572870.jpg (185 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1336306572870.jpg
185 KB, 1024x768
>>259316146
>Expecting quality control on any popular board
>Not being aware that you can raise post quality by avoiding posters from certain timezones and thread hopping
>Still acknowledging shitposters
Feel free to lurk for another year or so.
>>
>>259295370
Anonymity is very important.
No claims, no ego, only pure reviews.

If you are able to sift through the shills, and brand loyalists you can find some pretty insightful people here.
>>
>>259318120
It's completely autistic. Because you're applying your ridiculous bias and yelling and screaming how you're right, when you're simply not. Autistic children do that.
>>
Guys, GUYS
HEY, LISTEN
LISTEN
HEY

A wiki. A gaming wiki. ED of /v/. Multiple boards with a base not that much better than v's have pulled it off, a very tangible project for any group of channers.
Take your humor there and make it count.

Make it fun enough and it will count.
>>
>>259318293

Agreed.
>>
File: kek.png (1 MB, 1500x1416) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
kek.png
1 MB, 1500x1416
>>259318140
>Thinking /v/ has always been a popular board
>Thinking the fire will die down if you just avoid it
>Not being fed up with shit posting yet
How has your first few years here been?
>>
>>259318281
>implying autistic children yell
>>
>>259318293
You mean this?
http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki//v/%27s_Recommended_Games_Wiki
>>
>>259318584
> I've been here since 2003

We get it.
>>
>>259318281
>your ridiculous bias
That being what? Over 8 years of being here and watching the board degrade to shit, noticing how it has changed over time and realizing what a common theme is amongst people who actually stick around?

>You're screaming how you're right when you're simply not
I even have someone else hopping in here saying how I"m accurate. I'm not pulling this out of my ass. I have no reason to. I'm just telling you because I've witnessed it for too long and it's not my opinion anymore, it's fact and I'm tired of people acting like they know what the general consensus is here from a few retarded threads and a few months lurking.
>>
>>259317724
just using adblock is quite enough, but it would be good to give no user base too
>>
>>259299137
Are you shitting me?

/v/ would be all over that shit until it gets its own reddit full of memes
>>
Most people only come here because they're bored and lazy.
>>
>>259301992
That actually sounds hilarious

2/10 being "good" means a ton of bitching from people who don't know what the fuck they are doing
>>
>>259311867
LOL id visit.
>>
>>259318584
>Suggesting that I make bitter responses to shitposters every time I see them, rather than simply leaving the thread
Why don't you just apply for a janitor role if you care this much?
>>
>>259295370
That is the smartest thing DSFatty has ever said.
>>
>>259311790
>This so much.
said no /v/irgin ever.
pls go back to tumblr
>>
>>259318935
That you actually think Nintendo is defended to anymore of an extent than anything else here.

I know you got all emotional about this place, but did you already forget the whole reason you keep responding to me?

> He's right you know
Yeah, that guy really has your back. You sound desperate. You've called me a Newfag enough, can't you just stop responding?

I'm not going to agree with you, because I'm not going to say something so blatantly retarded just because I don't like Nintendo and Nintendrones.
>>
The moment you make a /v/ anything it stops being /v/. We are anonymous, not some normalfag forum with user accounts. There is no such thing as consensus here. Fuck off.
>>
>>259319515
>said no x ever
Cancerous drone detected.
I think it's ironic you told him to go back to tumblr.
>>
>>259295370
We're already on it.
>>
>>259316096
>>259315230
You're right. It should be based on whoever repeatedly copypastas their review for exposure. Voting wasn't invented by reddit, you asshats.

>>259315514
Less objectivity wasn't really what I meant to say. The result of rewriting my post too many times.

It should be based more on whether or not YOU like the game, and voters would decide how accurately it represents their opinion/feelings toward the game.
>>
>>259319582
This.

>>259319671
You are cancer.
>>259319515
You too
>>259319375
Specially you.
>>259319410
And you


>>259319242
You are cool though.
>>
Why don't we have our own sticky with a wiki guise? people would probably edit and review games anytime and it's up to the rest of us to decide whether they're bait reviews or not
>>
>>259319582
>We are anonymous. We are legion.
>>
>>259319836
Whoops quoted myself as an asshat. Well that's what I get.
>>
>>259295370
Hahahaha fucking DSP hahahahah holy shit I'm dying
>i kinda like him now, he's stupid enough to support us
>>
>>259319549
>That you actually thinking Nintendo is defended to anymore of an extent..
It is though. Even look at any E3 thread ever year. It has always been defended regardless of what happens or what Nintendo does. That has been common knowledge on /v/ for a long time. Look I'm just calling you out on bullshit, I don't hate Nintendo or nintendrones even.
>Did you already forget the whole reason you keep responding to me
The reason I am is because people keep acting like they know what /v/ general consensus has been when they don't, because the cancer here is so fucking bad.

>Can't you just stop responding
You seem butthurt that I keep calling you out for being new and yet you don't deny it. Why don't you go back to where you belong
>>
>>259319893
Get the fuck out.
>>
File: 1408751590098.gif (368 KB, 120x200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1408751590098.gif
368 KB, 120x200
>>259311117
>they're just gonna try to be super edgy different and pull a reverse SJW

That's a completely stupid understanding of the suggestion OP did.

In my view we are sick exactly of that. People trying to pull "im different and edgy" bullshit. We just want sincer reviews, or news, like, of the game really seems to the person that played, without extreme views of artistic philosophy and market or social comment, just.

>This is fun because. also watch video related
>No fun, would not play again, watch video related
>some gun here, no fun here, what do, video related

simple good, everyone wins.
>>
File: 1292963272865.jpg (46 KB, 451x392) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1292963272865.jpg
46 KB, 451x392
>>259319997
>>259319836
>>
>>259320180
>I said it again!
Cool.
>>
>>259319582
This anon gets it.

It needs to be anonymous, but at the same time forbid the usage of it to the outside world.

That's quite literally impossible.
>>
>>259319960

Fuck off /b/tard. The very statement is contradictory because you can't be anonymous while simultaneously organizing and labeling yourselves.
>>
>>259319849
Telling someone who has the time to complain about shitposters to become a janitor isn't cancer.
>>
>>259298216
This.
Much like the way famitsu does it's reviews.
Having 3-4 people play the game and review it separately would make those who are biased against a certain game or genre would be cancelled out by other honest reviewers of the game.
>>
>>259320637
That's not videogames, go to >>>/q/ for that shit
>>
>>259320175
Okay bro. You're right. Whatever you say.
>>
>>259320807
Impossible.
>>
>>259320719
>>259320248
>>259298216
What if I told you there are people working on something just like this already?
>>
File: nice.png (58 KB, 221x384) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
nice.png
58 KB, 221x384
>>259299874

This is pretty much the older 90s formula, brought back, and a good one at that.

The only challenge you have to do, is get enough popularity to get into the meta-critics rating system. Mainly because that's how the "industry" operates, and if you want to change it, gotta do what it needs to be done to curb public opinion.

Plus, if it's /v/-sponsored or /v/-run, the chances of letting an sjw takeover happen would be relatively low; we can see that coming from a light year out. It's rules of nature.
>>
>>259320175
But it's not. If you actually use the board you can easily see that. Again, I'm not going to agree and admit to something so goddamn ignorant. You hate Nintendrones. Fantastic. That doesn't mean they defend their shit any more than any other droning idiots on here.

There you go with general consensus shit again.

I'm not butthurt about it at all. I don't need to prove how long I've been on the board. And you wouldn't believe me anyway, since you're on you're retarded ignorant tirade.

I suppose we can keep this going. What's next. Tell me about some good times on 2006 or so.
>>
>>259321308
Exactly, therefore it's shitposting.
>>
>>259299874
Replace graphics with aesthetics and you're about right.

We've never needed Old Man Murray more than now...
>>
>>259320175
> I like Nintendrones

Not him but what the fuck did you just say dude.
>>
>>259321687
>I like nintendrones
HAHAHAHA
>>
>>259321420
>You hate Nintendrones
But I don't. I'm just saying they defend their shit way more than xbots or sonyfags. It's true and has always been true. You not knowing this shows how ignorant you are.

>B-b-but I"m right! You are wrong! I have been here long too but you wouldn't believe me!
I don't give a shit. Your new already showed from your retarded opinion.

>Tell me some good times on 2006
Donkey Kong music threads.
>>
>>259321565
Telling a sperg to become a janitor has nothing to do with /q/
>>
File: 1365134355680.png (103 KB, 283x244) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1365134355680.png
103 KB, 283x244
Since we're semi-seriously discussing now, all boards report in!
>>
File: 1379032640687.jpg (33 KB, 600x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1379032640687.jpg
33 KB, 600x600
>>259322048
And nothing to do with vidya.
>>
File: 1372451969011.jpg (47 KB, 241x289) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1372451969011.jpg
47 KB, 241x289
>>259322303
Discuss vidya then.
>>
>>259320584
I can't seem to understand why so many people treat anonymity like some kind of sacred treasure.
Besides, as far as this thread's concerned, the reviews would be more of a /v/ concensus posted by a single admin than anything else.
>>
>>259321832
> I don't hate Nintendo or nintendrones even.

Don't ever post that again m8
>>
>>259321325
good
>>
>>259322473
Anonymity is a treasure you idiot.
>>
Is it too late to propose a satirical angle?
I think subversive is the way to go for a mess like /v/. We have quite a few humorous fellas here, we could do a little of vidya-TheOnion with a little Yahtzee-in-text (his articles are too detached and srs bsns anyway) and a side of ED.
>>
>>259318760
>we
>>
>>259322472
I already did when I agreed with >>259319582

Then you decided to add me in the wheel of shitposting you had going on.
>>
>>259321843

> they defend their shit way more than xbots or sonyfags.

and youd be wrong. Just like the first time you said it.It's not an opinion, it's called using the board. It's not hard.

> youuure a newfagggg

Gee you got me good, now I totally agree with your retarded biased statement you think are factual. What happened to your little helper?

> H - he's right you k - know
Thread replies: 520
Thread images: 52
Thread DB ID: 11041



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz /