[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw this is the last Mario game that was fucking burstin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 361
Thread images: 78

>tfw this is the last Mario game that was fucking bursting with effort and creativity
>tfw one of the only few 10/10 games of last gen
Galaxy thread motherfuckers.
http://youtu.be/5sN2DpfOhTo
>>
>>258083964
>Implying there isn't a unique gameplay mechanic in each level in NSMBU
>Implying 3D world isn't creative
Galaxy is still the best Mario though, no question about it.
>>
Favorite track of both games.
>>
>>258084282
>Implying there isn't a unique gameplay mechanic in each level in NSMBU
I thought it was the best NSMB since the original, but could you go into detail? I don't recall very much being too different.
>>
>>258084720
Forgot link

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NW26pwMDUHA
>>
Man this is one of my favourite games ever but I only ever see /v/ shit on it

>>258084720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJXAx_5Qky4
>>
If I could play Galaxy with a Wii U Pro Controller my life would be complete.
>>
I am not saying that the Galaxy games are overrated, but their fanbase sure love to shit on other Mario installments.
>>
>>258085548
because they are better.

Mario Galaxy 2 is simply a better game than Mario 64 at what mario 64 does. And I think its a better game than sunshine, which is different. I have yet to play 3d world/land.

NSMB wii is the best mario game. Objectively..

Apart from Zelda(where the oppose holds true), every nintendo iteration is better than the last. Fight me.
>>
>>258085548
OP here.
64 is good for it's time but fuck me that game is what OoT is to the Zelda fanbase, you can't have any discussion of Mario without them jumping in and pushing their oh so ebin 90's kids memes onto us.
Sunshine is pretty damn great and even does some aspects better than 64, but fuck 100%'ing it. The fanbase is alright too but can be kinda loud, not nearly as loud as 64's fans though.
3D Land and World are both great but they're really unimaginative compared to earlier installments. I'm not one of those fags who constantly have to scream "REHASH, REHASH, MUH 90'S" whenever Mario is even brought up but yeah. From what I've seen their fanbase is next to non-existent.
>>
>>258084720
http://youtu.be/QrvvkW2blw0

>>258085548
I think all 3D Mario games are great, primarily because they all do very different things (except for Galaxy 2) and a lot of them were pretty damn mind blowing at the time.

I don't even think it's fair to compare Mario 64 and Galaxy.
>>
>>258085548
Just like Zelda fans, fans of every installment of the series like to shit on other people for liking other installments.
Actually, scratch that, it's like every other franchise fanbase on earth.
>>
If your favorite track isn't Good Egg Galaxy you're doing it wrong
>>
They really went all out on the soundtrack for the Galaxy games, didn't they?
>>
SM64 is better.
>>
>>258084720
Gusty Garden / Purple Coins.

I know it gets a lot of praise and is the main theme and all but there's a reason I think. Great fucking tracks.
>>
But galaxy has a major flaw. A huge fucking one.

Its replay value is horrible, since it relies on themepark and the novelty of each new planet rather than the engaging controlling.

It's not a flaw you will recognize on release, but it's a flaw you will recognize a year or three later when you want to replay it.

That's a huge step down from most previous mario games.
>>
>>258087373
I love replaying Galaxies.
>>
>>258086364
I wouldn't really agree that 3D World had unimaginative levels, I felt that they had a decent variety and did a pretty goo job altogether. I agree with 3D Land though.

I played through Galaxy this summer, and I do agree that's it's a better game than 3D World, and 64 for that matter. Have yet to play Galaxy 2.
>>
I'm guessing you haven't played 3D World with friends or family
>>
>>258084929
>dat fucking fiddle
Excellent taste
>>
File: 1403066108439.png (609KB, 1052x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1403066108439.png
609KB, 1052x1200px
>>258087373
True, I noticed that in both games on beating it. They both expect you to play through old levels again to get the 'real' ending, but by that point I'm pretty much done and have no interest in backtracking at all, much less play through the exact same levels again with Weegee.

I liked both Galaxy games, but 3D World is much better for replayability. It's damn good
>>
>motion controls
Sunshine has already aged better than MG1.
>>
>>258087459
I can't, man. I don't know how you did that.

I started out excited as fuck "why don't I replay those amazing games?"

But then, I knew all the galaxies, all the gimmicks, how to traverse every planet. There is little player input compared to previous mario titles, it just felt not fun to me.

Here's hoping the next mario games give you more freedom of traversing the levels, and the gimmicks are not so "in your face". I really value replayability in games like mario. I can replay some of them dozens and dozens of times, except for the Galaxy games.
>>
>>258087768
I have never once had a problem with the spin. It's just a flick of the nunchuck, it doesn't require any sort of fidelity.
>>
>>258083964

Just started playing it after sofmodding my wii

Shit is mad fun, I didn't realised the wii had a truckload of good game can you recommend some for me? I like everything.

I'm a Sonyfan but I'm maybe going to buy a Wii since it have actual games on it. well not really but more than the PS4/BONE
>>
>>258087768
More like half the moves got removed and the game stopped being trick-based so that it doesn't have as much lasting appeal.

But yeah, MG1 has aged worse than Sunshine, I agree.
>>
>>258087768
Wii motion controls were never good. Even on the day of release, standard buttons were simply more accurate (and they still are).

It's not about aging really, it's just about having been sub-par since day one.
>>
>>258085084
One of the best
>>
>>258085251
That would be fucking amazing, it was good with the wiimote+nunchuk but nothing compares to the Wii U Pro Controller
>>
>>258083964
Fuck man, that soundtrack is one of the most memorable ones to come out in a while
>>
>>258088298
Check the "/v/ reccomends wiki" if you haven't already, but otherwise;

Metroid Prime Trilogy
Rythm Heaven Fever
Xenosaga
No More Heroes 1&2
Harvest Moon
Muramasa
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Fishing Resort

That's all I've got from the top of my head.
>>
>>258084759
There are lots of mechanics anon. For instance, the floating water balls, the choo choo skellington train, the blocks that fall into lava forming the stage, etc. There are a lot of mechanics unique to some levels.
>>
File: smg2.jpg (2MB, 3448x4725px) Image search: [Google]
smg2.jpg
2MB, 3448x4725px
>>258088298
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the pinnacle of Wii games
Xenoblade Chronicle is pretty good
Rhythm Heaven Fever is good outside the fucking terrible rap game
>>
>>258088298
>I didn't realised the wii had a truckload of good game
That's because it doesn't have a truckload of good games, just a bunch of them.

The power of the modded Wii is the fact that you can play all GC games backups (and there are a lot of super-rare GC games that cost $200 and shit), plus VC.

Adding to the list of that other guy,
Zack & Wiki
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Little king's story
Sin and punishment 2
Pandora's Tower
The last story (it's horrible IMO, but people loved it somehow)
Pikmin platinum editions if you haven't played them on the gamecube

And uh, there isn't much really
>>
I think this is one of the best pieces of video game music ever written.
>>
File: 1403986891421.png (750KB, 500x726px) Image search: [Google]
1403986891421.png
750KB, 500x726px
>tfw Tokyo EAD is working on the next Mario game RIGHT NOW
>we won't know if it's more in the line of Galaxy or 3DW until they tell us, possibly next year
>we won't know if it's for 3DS or Wii U until that time, either

>when it gets announced, /v/ will shit all over it just because it's Mario

Personally, I will be hyped for it. Love me some 3D platformers. I don't at all understand the needless hate Mario has been getting lately.
>>
>>258088298

Boom Blox, especially Boom Blox 2, a game directed by Spielberg of all people, it's like Angry Birds, except 3D, and good.
>>
>>258089726
And also SSB Brawl.

For Project M
>>
>>258089726
>That's because it doesn't have a truckload of good games, just a bunch of them.
Just like any console then? I have over 40 games for my Wii, and they are all at least decent, maybe excluding The Conduit which was a huge mistake to buy full price.
>>
>>258089834

Captain Toad's new game is supposed to be the new 3D World-esque game

the new 3D Mario will probably be more like 64/Sunshine with elements of Galaxy
>>
>>258089979
The PS3 has considerably more good games, it also didn't see a total cut in support several years before it should have, so that helped.

No need to be butthurt dude, the Wii does infact have a tiny library of GOOD games, despite being a 100 millions unit sold system.

It's pretty much comparable to the GC one, and the GC sold a fifth of the Wii. That's enough said. The Wii saw a lot of effort go into mii shit and social shit, development, manpower and time took away from developing core games. And it showed.
>>
File: really waluigi.jpg (43KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
really waluigi.jpg
43KB, 306x306px
>>258085548
this is true, every time i make a sunshine thread it get bombarded by Galaxy shitters.

hell, i had a little talk with /v/ few midnights ago and most of the sunshine fans are afraid to discuss SMS here.

kinda blame the Sm4sh fans for infiltraiting the Rosalina fanbase and people nostalgia on the Sunshine hate train.
>>
>>258089834
Hope it's not another fucking galaxy or 3DW/3DL, those games got old fast.

Bring back some of that sweet big ass levels with exploration and going fast, please.
>>
>>258089979
>40 wii games
>FOURTY wii games
I would ask you to post your collection so I can shit on it, but it would end in tears. You HAVE some shovelware in there, the Wii doesn't even have 40 mediocre games overall.
>>
>>258089834
My ultimate dream for Mario is for it to be like Jak and Daxter. One massive world but keeping different themes for different levels
>>
>today is my 1 year anniversary of 100%ing Galaxy 1
>mfw replaying Space Junk, Buoy Base, Battlerock and Freezeflame

I don't know how this game is so perfect. It just is.
>>
Ya know, thinking back, i can remember 64 and sunshine much better than galaxy.
Mainly because those two games had actual locations. With galaxy you mostly just jumping from small orb to other slightly larger orb.
Not that galaxy is bad, but i do hope the next 3d Mario will have larger ground levels with multiple ways to gets stars.
>>
>>258090503
Honestly, it's the same reason as to why I'm afraid to discuss Wind Waker on here as well.

TP and Galaxy fans have similar opinions on their predecessors.
>>
>>258090018
>>258090526
>>258090690
Stop, I will eventually believe this and become butthurt when it turns out to be just another new super mario game instead
>>
File: harmony.gif (684KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
harmony.gif
684KB, 800x800px
>>258090802
Sorry, forgot to post my face.
>>
Galaxy 1 was a satisfying game, but I still miss the exploration of the previous Mario titles. I think Sunshine is the best in that regard.
>>
>those shit controls
>10/10
no. I will agree on the first point though.
>>
>>258090802
>knows it's been exactly one year since he 100%'d one game
You must be a huge faggot

Like really, really huge
>>
>>258083964
I remember playing SMG2 and forcing myself to only play 5 levels a day or I would beat the whole game in one playthrough
>>
Post yfw clearing The Perfect Run
>>
>>258091058
Come on, man.

It's saved on the Wii calendar.

Besides, I really, really like the game.
>>
>>258090843
Well, they did confirm that it is a 3D Mario game. But.. That's all they confirmed.

I really hope that, if it's not something new, that it's Sunshine 2. I'm going to be disappointed if it's Galaxy 3 or 3D World 2.
>>
>>258091013
What was your problem with the controls? Please don't say shake to attack. It never was a problem honestly even if a button would be just as good.

Play on Dolphin for 10/10 game if that's the case.
>>
>>258091302
Mario has no weight, there is no momentum, which was the only strength of the previous titles, the amazing way mario controlled and being able to build speed, doing all sorts of tricks.
>>
File: a sad plumber.gif (27KB, 480x416px) Image search: [Google]
a sad plumber.gif
27KB, 480x416px
>>258091127

>get to Rosalina
>'wait, there's gotta be something else here'
>check behind her house
>a 1-UP
>'maybe if I just inch across veeery carefully...'
>fall
>>
>>258091256
They also said if people wanted a game like SM64 they should make their voices be heard and nintendo might consider it. But it will NEVER EVER happen, I know they just said it to not say "fuck off".
>>
>>258090843
Don't believe the retards telling you that all your dreams will come true. You only have yourself to blame if you are dumb enough to do that.

But it won't be another NSMB game. I think the most likely scenario is that it will be a sequel to Super Mario 3D World, so they can basically pull a Galaxy 2 with it. That's just speculation, though.
>>
Wii U version when?

I want to play with a non-retarded controller.
>>
Super Mario Galaxy is one of the most innovative games ever made, and Galaxy 2 completely perfected it. I think the only reason not enough people realize this is because they didn't grow up with them the same way they have with 64 (which is still brilliant) and Sunshine (which isn't), and have let nostalgia blind them.

It's one of the few games where despite being tied to a specific base mechanic (running and jumping on stuff), the possibilities for levels and mechanics nearly feels endless. That's exactly why I'd still be thrilled if they made a Galaxy 3, because I know there can still be some much more that can be done

>>258084720

Pure magic
>>
File: don't fuck with the sunshine.jpg (18KB, 184x193px) Image search: [Google]
don't fuck with the sunshine.jpg
18KB, 184x193px
>>258090018
>elements of Galaxy
gravity and planetary areas? i'm okay

linearity of level design, gloss, low amount of worthwhile-ness and NSMB enviroments in space? no thank you.

i kinda want nintendo to expand on Sunshine as a sequel on WiiU than degrading it before we get another full open world 3D Mario and the pressure trigger gimmick could be replace with something else

and Nintendo needs to make the end-game contents more rewarding, like Green Hill in Sonic Adventure 2. Not playable luigi or a useless but cool looking technique
>>
>>258089206

>/v/ wiki

that shit is packed with redditors and no actual /v/ users idiot
>>
>>258091816
Pretty sure you can hack virtual Wii on WiiU and play with a WiiU controller.
>>
>>258091302
this guy summed it up before I could.
>>258091435
Mario is slow and has no weight to him at all.

Also, the camera can mess with your controls by changing your direction/refusing to change your direction.
>>
>>258091925
Do you have a single fact to back that up?
>>
>>258091435
SM64 had the most control over Mario and really nice physics (all that diving and jump kicking, sliding and other little stuff you could do to control Mario) but SMG doesn't really need them because it doesn't have big levels with complex geometry (random angle slopes and hills)

3D Land has that roll which I like a lot even if it's a somewhat boring and lifeless game overall. I also like that swim controls are like in 2D Mario and none of that "Mario is a submarine" stuff.
>>
File: for my dead friends.png (287KB, 778x633px) Image search: [Google]
for my dead friends.png
287KB, 778x633px
>>258091915
this, /v/ should stick with cool looking and agreeable lists.

the indie game list /v/ made was pretty spectacular
>>
>>258092015
>Also, the camera can mess with your controls by changing your direction/refusing to change your direction
This was extremely rare in Galaxy 1 and never happened in Galaxy 2
>>
File: 1267272476942.gif (54KB, 361x365px) Image search: [Google]
1267272476942.gif
54KB, 361x365px
>>258091816
Dolphin.

>That feel when HD SMG
It looks better at higher resolution than intended than any game I've ever emulated before or after it.

>mfw gonna build a new PC sometime in the future and get a 4k TV and then 4k SMG
>>
>>258092021
Ask gbatemp, I'm not gonna be your google machine kid.
>>
File: Marine_Pop_SML.png (8KB, 184x124px) Image search: [Google]
Marine_Pop_SML.png
8KB, 184x124px
>>258092115
>I also like that swim controls are like in 2D Mario and none of that "Mario is a submarine" stuff.
sometime i wish Shiggy and EAD spent more time on the swim controls in SMS.
>>
>>258092115
>but SMG doesn't really need them because it doesn't have big levels with complex geometry
And that's why the game isn't very good beyond the first playthrough.

Duh.

Level design and mario controlling have always been linked together.
>>
>>258083964
>this is the last Mario game that was fucking bursting with effort and creativity

You should play 3D World some time. You might just like it.
>>
File: herewego.gif (780KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
herewego.gif
780KB, 500x279px
>>258092916

Marine Pop should come back
>>
File: Linear Mario.jpg (201KB, 1170x713px) Image search: [Google]
Linear Mario.jpg
201KB, 1170x713px
LOL
>>
>>258092607
>It looks better at higher resolution than intended than any game I've ever emulated before or after it.
You've never played Dragon Quest 8, Rogue Galaxy or Wind Waker, huh?
>>
File: opinions.png (337KB, 479x344px) Image search: [Google]
opinions.png
337KB, 479x344px
>>258091832
I grew up with 64, played Galaxy when it was out and never properly played Sunshine until last year. And IMO Sunshine > 64 > Galaxy

The possiblity for levels might feel endless but it sure as hell wasn't implemented endlessly. Galaxy has god tier presentation. The music, aesthetic and level themes are top notch. But everything outside of that just feels way too restricted and linear, and this is only amplified by the fact that the theme is endless space.

It doesn't have the variation or openness that other 3D Marios had and it doesn't have the challenge of 2D Marios to back it up.
>>
>>258093208
>new super mario bros
a textbook soulless video game. 5/10, maybe the original gets 6/10 for being the first 2D mario in a while.
>>
>>258093090
>3DW
>effort
>levels are essentially floating lines that occasionally turn direction or change verticality
No. 3DW level design is by far the worst of any 3D mario so far. The co-op feature ruined any finesse 3DW may have had.

Game is just fun to walk through once, and then you forget about it.
>>
File: 1360395044019.jpg (74KB, 506x556px) Image search: [Google]
1360395044019.jpg
74KB, 506x556px
>>258085084
>>258089776
>>258091832
I love how all three links I've clicked in this thread have been the same video
best taste
>>
>>258093208

if NSMB2 and NSMBU were combined it'd be the best 2D Mario ever
>>
>>258093212
and Sunshine, that game was graphically big. Just look at fucking water an atmosphere
>>
File: totally not metaknight120.png (849KB, 1398x1398px) Image search: [Google]
totally not metaknight120.png
849KB, 1398x1398px
>>258093507
>NSMB2
>>
File: shadowbowser_by_oap.png (122KB, 1000x809px) Image search: [Google]
shadowbowser_by_oap.png
122KB, 1000x809px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oPRiEZAN2g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRijqmvJAQ4
>>
>>258093212
DQVIII looks pretty nice but has a ton of low quality textures that stick out. Not very high poly either. It's alright. Better than most games.

Rogue Galaxy: Roughly the same as Dragon Quest I'd say. It's been a while since I emulated it.

Wind Waker does look really good, (better than the HD remake overall). It does get a bit smudgy here and there but if you use the HD texture pack it's great. We weren't really discussing mods though.

SMG is still the best because it has the most polygons and has that candy like feel where it's as far from realism as possible so it upscales really well. since there aren't that many flat textures that look bad.
>>
>>258093370
The first one was god-awful. What's worse, it sold 20 million copies whereas SMG1 sold 5m (at the time new super mario bros came out).

First one on the DS is a legit 3/10 game, it's literally impossible to die even if you try, it's awful. I have never once died on my first playthrough. Never happened with a mario game, not even close.

It's a walking simulator from left to right, with no obstacles. Not to mention, it lasted fucking what, 6 hours? What the fuck. I got mad for PIRATING it, what a fucking waste of time.
>>
File: panic hard.gif (712KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
panic hard.gif
712KB, 320x240px
>>258093749

>yfw Wario's the main antagonist of Captain Toad's Treasure Trackers
>>
>>258089206
>Epic Yarn
>not Return to Dreamland
>>
>>258093749
A lot of people on /v/ love to rip NSMB2 to shreds, but it's a fun game.

All of the NSMB games are solid, they just needed to differentiate themselves better.
>>
File: 1405724874339.jpg (27KB, 542x474px) Image search: [Google]
1405724874339.jpg
27KB, 542x474px
>>258086512
god damn I fucking love that song.
>>
>>258092916
What the fuck happened to mario characters/enemies using stupid ass vehicles? These days it's mostly naked bosses walking around and you on a costume.
>>
File: 1405725095505.jpg (34KB, 312x321px) Image search: [Google]
1405725095505.jpg
34KB, 312x321px
>>258089501
>Galaxy 2
>Not Galaxy 1
Get your shit together man.
>>
>>258093370
DS>U>Wii>3DS
>>
>>258094358

Galaxy 1 for Story
Galaxy 2 for Gameplay
>>
>>258094440
>mario games
>story
Deepest Lore.
>>
>>258094034
The best thing to come out of NSMB is this music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7OiALdc1fY

Then the changed it to BAH BAH music in later games.

Seriously, the music is my biggest gripe with the series and graphics maybe second. That cheap 3D in 2D environment feel... I wish they made one with high quality sprites but it's too much work probably.
>>
>>258094515

Galaxy 1, TTYD and SPM are the games with the biggest emphasis on story

did you forget Galaxy's ending?
>>
Video games.

The era of garbage shovelware ended with Super Mario Bros, and the era of gameplay ended with Super Mario Galaxy 2.

How utterly fitting.
>>
>>258094727
Don't forget Sunshine.
Does anyone else actually want Nintendo to try putting plots in Mario games again? They've shown that they can do it pretty well, and I always thought they were kind of cool.
>>
>>258083964
>>tfw one of the only few 10/10 games of last gen
It would be a 10/10 game with a good controller. It's funny that a game that was supposed to sell the Wii kinda proved how shitty the wiimote is compared to the more classic controller.
>>
>>258094358
Galaxy 2 is essentially the same game with new levels so an expansion is more like it. In a way it's not as impressive as it's "More of the same" but the levels in it are more finely crafted in my opinion making it the superior game. Like if you just look at SMG and SMG2 without considering which came first then SMG2 for sure is better.

I feel like this stuff is excusable once. SMG3 would be pushing it if they would have made it and sold it at full price again.
>>
>>258094727
You're forgetting the Mario & Luigi RPGs here.
>>
>>258094228
it's from a Gunpei Yokoi game, shiggy never use them in his Mario games.

>you will never explore the deep seas and dicover the atlantis kingdom in SMS2 with the Sub Pop or Diver FLUDD
>>
>>258094979
A decent plot on the side is a nice addition but I want them to really focus on gameplay. That is what I play Mario games for.
>>
>>258094630
Sprites are not only tougher to work with than models, but to the average consumer they would look cheaper.

>Mario with sprites? What is this, 1989?

But don't get me wrong, I absolutely 1000000% agree that they should change up the aesthetic when they inevitably make another 2D Mario game.
>>
>>258094979

If it has a good story throughout the game and an ending that sticks with the player that's all you need for a 3D Mario story

>>258095069

I said biggest emphasis on story

you could argue Partners in Time and Bowser's Inside Story are pretty big on plot but not as much as SPM or TTYD
>>
>>258094727
Galaxy had an ending? All I remember is Bowser falling to the lav- Sorry, black hole, Rosalina being squeezed it to justify her existence despite being useless throughout the entire game and then the credits rolled.
>>
>>258094034
I agree with this guy, but I still think NSMB2 is the worst NSMB game. They're fun games without much creativity or effort

NSMBU > NSMBWii > NSMB > NSMB 2

>>258093287
Grew up with 64 myself. I like the linearity in the newer games more, but there's no question that 64 and Sunshine was more fast-paced (which makes sense beause of the bigger worlds) and I love the sliding in Sunshine

Still, Sunshine had a ton of flaws including bullshit blue coins, little level variation and too much FLUDD.

SMG2 > 3DW > SMG > 64 > 3DL > SMS
>>
File: those_fucking_islands.png (214KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
those_fucking_islands.png
214KB, 640x480px
>>258094727
don't forget Sunshine ignoring the Bowser Jr. shit
>>
File: 1396706652624.jpg (45KB, 573x587px) Image search: [Google]
1396706652624.jpg
45KB, 573x587px
>Play Galaxy games.
>Spend 20% of the game flying between planetoids on pretty put largely non-interacive sling star sequences.
>Two unique characters.
>Play 3D World.
>New levels and platforming everywhere.
>Relatively few remixed challenges compared to Galaxy's "Now do this same thing but have a shadow follow you!" filler.
>Five unique characters.

How was it better?
>>
>>258095371

>Bowser sacrifices himself to the dying sun in his galaxy
>causes a fucking supermassive black hole
>Lumas sacrifice themselves to save everyone
>Rosalina gives Mario a speech about rebirth and the universe
>everyone wakes up safe and sound

it may not be a big plot-heavy ending but it's way different from normal Mario endings
>>
>>258094727
>did you forget Galaxy's ending?
I remember collecting the 120 stars, then unlocking luigi, then doing that flipping platforms coin galaxy with luigi (since it was the only difficult part in the game - and it was difficult because I mistakenly assumed that you needed to loot them all, so I was studying a specific route to never run out of platforms - when I realized this wasn't the case, I finished the level on that same try), and then quitting.

There was an ending? Didn't notice. Don't give a fuck about mario story besides the novelty of the moment, then I forget those even existed 10 minutes later.
>>
>>258095721

>Bowser gets his shit kicked in like always.
>Sacrifice.
>>
>>258095539
"Son, i got something difficult to tell you about your mother..."
>>
>>258095027
>re-release Galaxy
>fix one translation mistake
>"it's superior to the original, so it's a better game"
You should not compare games releasing at different times in absolutes, direct comparisons. Games should be compared related to what impact they had upon release and how good/bad they performed compared to the current competition at the time, nothing else.
>>
>>258095838
Well, he was standing on the star that imploded on itself...
>>
>>258094979
I think the way they did it in Galaxy was perfect
dat cute storybook artwork
>>
>>258095805
>>258095838

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLsVDE-YNw4

>>258095838

He purposely falls into it
>>
>>258095838
Show some respect. He died for your sins, anon.
>>
>>258095076
Fuck Miyamoto, then? Miyamoto was not the only one making good mario games.
>>
>>258095119
Oh yeah, definitely. I wasn't saying they should try to make a Mario rendition of The Last of Us or anything, I was just talking about something like Sunshine. It would still mainly be known for game play, but the plot would be there to spice it up a little. Make things a little more interesting. The recent Mario games are far from bad, but they just feel a little "same-y" you know?
>>
>>258096365
Yes he was. Mario without Miyamoto = Lost Worlds. Mario with Miyamoto = Doki Doki Panic.
>>
>>258083964
3D World looks good, but I haven't played it. 3D Land was damn fun, although pretty easy
>>
>>258094979
>Story in Mario games

I have the same mindset for this as I have for story in Diablo games.

I couldn't care less.
>>
>>258095137
>sprites
You do realize NSMB uses 3d models rendered in 2d (for the actual 2d games), they didn't work the sprites from the grounds up, right?

And that is precisely why NSMB looks like shit. It uses 3d models rendered in 2d.

It's nowhere near as time consuming or difficult as making actual sprites.
>>
>>258096196
If someone who had played neither came up then of course he would take the one with the error fixed because it was the superior version.

SMG2 is objectively better. SMG is subjectively better.
>>
>>258095721
>generic "everyone sacrifices himself at the end"
>good
No. It's as shallow as the "you found the pricess in this castle" ending.
>>
>>258093827
Road to Bowser is such an underrated bowser theme.
It's so fucking majestic
>>
>>258094630
I actually think it would be really cool if they actually made a 2D Mario completely with 2D Sprite/backgrounds/everything. If you're going to take the nostalgic route, you might as well go all the way.
>>
File: 1391269656964.png (246KB, 461x465px) Image search: [Google]
1391269656964.png
246KB, 461x465px
>>258096868
Imagine a 2D mario game with this art style
>>
>>258096571
I don't think you read that post correctly.
>>
>>258096727

>little star things sacrificing themselves to a fucking blackhole that resets the universe
>generic
>>
>>258096485
Super Mario Land on the gameboy was great, so was 6 golden coins.

What is lost worlds? super mario bros 2? You mean lost levels? Or is it another game?
>>
>>258096727
>Generic
How?
>>
File: 1407107494133.jpg (5KB, 159x250px) Image search: [Google]
1407107494133.jpg
5KB, 159x250px
>>258097029
>>
>>258097135
What do you mean how?
"good guys sacrifice themselves at the end" IS generic, it happened a trillion times.

And so did "bad guy TWEEST he will sacrifice himself to set things right".

Maybe you should write a literature piece about the ending in SMG1, and get laughed at.
>>
>>258097130
>Super Mario Land on the gameboy was great

That's some shit taste you have there, anon.

>so was 6 golden coins

This I can agree with. Especially since it paved the way for the Wario Land series.
>>
>>258083964
3D World was great, eat a dick, OP.
>>
>>258097534
>hating on the legendary first mario game on the gameboy
It was that kind of bad that it was good. It was silly, difficult, and controlled like shit.

And that made it great. It felt like a throwback to the shitty 2d computer platformers of 1980.

Also had some of the best levels/monsters of the entire franchise. And the vehicles.
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWmPvBSd3Tg

:^)
>>
>>258097928
don't forget the soundtrack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I97Ml6NFUFg
>>
File: Super Mario Galaxy Land.png (59KB, 418x678px) Image search: [Google]
Super Mario Galaxy Land.png
59KB, 418x678px
Super Mario Galaxy for Gameboy
>>
>>258098058
Sometimes I forget this song actually came from a video game.
>>
>>258094034
>NSMB2

It's the only NSMB in my eyes that was good besides the original. I'm playing U now and has boring and shitty level design. 2 was actually fucking good. Wii sucks as well. NSMB belongs on a handheld apparently.
>>
>>258098127

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRdJcz7QtWE
>>
>>258098058
-8 pls
>>
File: sml_daisy.jpg (192KB, 345x503px) Image search: [Google]
sml_daisy.jpg
192KB, 345x503px
>>258098127

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb33Qnbw520
>>
>>258097928
>It was that kind of bad that it was good.
>controlled like shit
>And that made it great. It felt like a throwback to the shitty 2d computer platformers of 1980.
Hipster alert. Bad is never good. Bad is just bad.

>Also had some of the best levels/monsters of the entire franchise. And the vehicles
Now this I can agree with
>>
File: 1380992702992.jpg (29KB, 413x275px) Image search: [Google]
1380992702992.jpg
29KB, 413x275px
>>258098442
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYtBAbqJO9k
>>
>>258083964
galaxy 2 is casualized garbage
discuss
>>
>>258098759

Elaborate...
>>
File: Yoshi Star Galaxy.png (4MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Yoshi Star Galaxy.png
4MB, 2560x1440px
>>258098759

b8
>>
Just because of this thread I'm starting a new save in Mario Galaxy
>>
>>258097029
I wonder what a Mario comic series would be like. You know, like the ones in the '90s? Somebody should email Nintendo or something. I'm a lazy fuck.
>>
>>258098759
But it's harder than Galaxy 1, that's pretty much a fact
>>
>>258098912
>>258098862
>>258098997
well maybe i worded that wrong. Mario is already casual in the first place but galaxy 2 is a lot easier except for the special world or whatever it was called
>>
Best song of the entire fucking franchise coming through.
http://youtu.be/0izkufICrK8
Much like Galaxy 2 as a whole it took the source material that was already there and fucking perfected it. I get so fucking giddy every single time I hear this without fail.
>>
>>258099097

Mario's average

Kirby is the casual platformer
>>
>>258089481
I would go as far as to say every level has something unique about it, but I'm not quite sure, maybe some of the early levels are plain.

But just about all of the levels have something to set them apart or develop a mechanic from a previous level.

If the shitty handheld versions didn't exist and U was the first title in the series I think people would hail it as the coming of Christ in 2D Mario form.
>>
>>258098648
>>258098442
why is gilvasunner so based
>>
File: Stephen_King_Reference.jpg (29KB, 600x311px) Image search: [Google]
Stephen_King_Reference.jpg
29KB, 600x311px
>>258099097
> Mario is already casual in the first place
double b8, and this is from Sunshine including the hotel levels. A much harder 3D Mario game
>>
File: 056.jpg (607KB, 1280x1723px) Image search: [Google]
056.jpg
607KB, 1280x1723px
The Galaxy games are great.

>>258098179
Back when Mario could not breath in space.
>>
File: 1405040407892.jpg (3KB, 178x149px) Image search: [Google]
1405040407892.jpg
3KB, 178x149px
>tfw Nintendo makes an HD remake of Galaxy 1 and 2 for the Wii U and you can use the god tier pro controller
>>
File: Daisy playing piano.jpg (57KB, 420x569px) Image search: [Google]
Daisy playing piano.jpg
57KB, 420x569px
>>258098127
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPa4i-ASpqs
>>
>>258099097
Galaxy is harder than Galaxy 1 from the very beginning. It's still an easy game tho
>>
>>258099345

Mario breathing in space flips between he can and he can't, though
>>
>>258099221
>Kirby is the casual platformer
>cherrypicking
IGN pls go, you haven't got to True Arena at all,
>>
>>258099337
oh right, i forgot sunshine when i said that
sunshine and 64 are hardcore
>>
>>258092325
show me
>>
>>258098648
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkreaWxL224
>>
File: handtrap.gif (51KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
handtrap.gif
51KB, 500x500px
>>258099585

Perfect Run and Champion's Road are on par with True Arena, but Kirby levels prior to the final area are usually super easy

Mario levels up the difficulty as it goes on, at least by a bit
>>
>>258099585
>this game is not hard
>the 0.1% of the game is an optional mode that is hard for 10 minutes
>that makes the entire game/franchise hard
Holy nintendrones.
>>
>>258099345
Mario is the perfect size in that comic.

I feel like he's a little too tall and thin lately.
>>
>>258099931
His size got normalized to be accepted by normalfags, the new audience of modern nintendo.

In a few years, mario will become a Mii with a custom hat anyway.
>>
File: FDSC.png (149KB, 403x399px) Image search: [Google]
FDSC.png
149KB, 403x399px
>Splatoon using assets from Super Mario Sunshine
could this hint a possibility of a Sunshine sequel for WiiU?!
>>
>>258087768
works well enough with the 360 controller.

Its not really motion controls, just a pointer for star bits and waggle to spin.
>>
>>258100130
S O U R C E
>>
>>258100130
No, it just points to nintendo bleeding money and being desperate to turn a profit on their home system.
>>
File: RaccoonMario.gif (108KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
RaccoonMario.gif
108KB, 350x350px
>>258099865

Why is Mario so fucking based?
>>
I didnt play any Mario game after Super Mario 64
Did I miss anything?
>>
>>258100325
They all got progressively worse since the peak that was SM64, don't worry.
>>
File: Hanksed.jpg (21KB, 400x443px) Image search: [Google]
Hanksed.jpg
21KB, 400x443px
>>258100223
>>258099897
come on, this isn't a console war/how to save the wiiu thread.
>>
File: 12524624.jpg (437KB, 840x1000px) Image search: [Google]
12524624.jpg
437KB, 840x1000px
>>258100325
Galaxy games ,Paper Mario games and the Mario and Luigi games for starters.
>>
>>258100325
They got better aside from Sunshine, you're missing out
>>
>>258100505
>pointing out a fact is "console war"
Only in nintendogaf.
>>
File: Mario cast.png (875KB, 1181x668px) Image search: [Google]
Mario cast.png
875KB, 1181x668px
>>258100325

A bunch of new characters, several RPG games, some really good OSTs and some fun sports titles

I'm playing Partners in Time right now
>>
File: zlCfzR7Qjb8G4gp9Fu.jpg (327KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
zlCfzR7Qjb8G4gp9Fu.jpg
327KB, 800x450px
>>258100130
>>Splatoon using assets from Super Mario Sunshine

Prove it bitch.
>>
>>258100861
>baby's first rpg
As the years went by, appreciation of PiT raised dramatically. It's all those toddlers back then who grew up.
>>
>>258098759
Arguably it was the start of the infection of NSMB into the rest of the franchise, e.g. flags, casual guides and help, more streamlined levels, less focus on story etc.
>>
File: 1403734571228.png (257KB, 550x659px) Image search: [Google]
1403734571228.png
257KB, 550x659px
LOL
>>
>>258101007
What's this, a court? He dared assume your glorious nintendo game uses rehashed assets, get over it manchild.
>>
>>258089501
I liked galaxy 1 better. screw yoshi and the crappy powerups they added.
>>
>>258101093
Holy fuck did they destroy Paper Mario.
I actually paid full price for that garbage.
Man, I really want a TTYD sequel.
>>
File: 1341194255348[1].png (442KB, 1100x650px) Image search: [Google]
1341194255348[1].png
442KB, 1100x650px
>>258101093
>less focus on story etc.
>>
File: 38077662.png (367KB, 794x643px) Image search: [Google]
38077662.png
367KB, 794x643px
>>258101223
It's not nice to mindlessly spout misinformation as fact.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1YhYv6-_Os

can't get over this track. one of the most memorable things about sm64. so damn good
>>
>>258101223

So what you're saying is, there's no proof that Splatoon uses assets from SMS, or that they're even connected in any way, aside from a Blooper pixel art easter egg?
>>
>>258101662

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6YwX03nFQM
>>
>>258085956
>NSMB wii is the best mario game.

I just... I just can't possibly comprehend how someone could possibly have taste this shit.

It's like saying that stickerstar is the best paper mario. It's so wrong on so many levels. NSMB wii has less content than either world or 3. The difficulty is dropped significantly. It was just utter shit to play and filled with boring secrets that did nothing to add to the game.

I wouldn't say that it's bad. I would just say the World is clearly better. And I say that when I hate World on my own subjective basis.
>>
>>258101824
>i-i-it's easter egg!
Shiny new term for rehashing.
>>
>>258101662
This music followed by

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6YwX03nFQM

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2wm5RxpHKA

What a fucking ending
>>
>>258101662
Hell yea! I loved that they brought it back in Galaxy.
>>
>>258101093
I don't see how flags, less focus on story, or even streamlined levels are inherently bad things in Mario games.

Casual guides and help are dumb, but as far as I'm aware they're optional.
>>
>>258085956
>NSMB wii is the best mario game
Typos, right?
>>
>>258101928

Actually, the easter egg was created just for this game

Intellectual CHEKKU-MEITOOOO
>>
>>258101501
What I meant to say is, they stopped giving a fuck.

At least with 64 they had the whole "Princess Peach's castle" shit, Sunshine had Isle Delfino and Galaxy had the Comet Observatory, Bowser's intro cutscene with the Doomships, final cutscenes etc.

Galaxy 2 was literally just like "ah who gives a fuck" which some people might like but I personally didn't, it was like they just stopped trying even a little bit.
>>
File: sunshine.gif (258KB, 500x509px) Image search: [Google]
sunshine.gif
258KB, 500x509px
Any Sunshine Bros out there?

...No? Okay then.
>>
>>258101928

there isn't a blooper pixel easter egg in Sunshine
>>
File: 71077_240550535361_5676708_n.jpg (14KB, 200x216px) Image search: [Google]
71077_240550535361_5676708_n.jpg
14KB, 200x216px
>yfw you will never read Rosalinas back-story for the first time again
>>
>>258102109
Right here, man. I'm still hoping for a sequel.
>>
>>258099345
>Game has an air meter when you swim underwater.
>No air meter when you are floating through the void of space.

Fuck that would have been a fantastic mechanic too.
>>
>>258099097
m8 to me G2 is way harder than the first. Maybe it seems easier because you are already familiar with the new mechanics
>>
File: sad guts.png (506KB, 1036x1120px) Image search: [Google]
sad guts.png
506KB, 1036x1120px
>>258102214
Good. I don't want to relive it ;_;

>>258102109
Sunshine is my favourite 3D Mario for sure. Galaxy is a close second though.
>>
My two cents on Galaxy
The game has the production values (visuals, music, presentation in general) and some very tight controls but seems to forget several other things that really dragged down enjoyability for me. The level system seems to be a mix of 64/Sunshine's mission system and the linear levels of 2D Marios, but this just leads to you treading the same ground, doing the same shit multiple times in the same galaxy until there's some path split and the rest is slightly different until you get the star (boss fight, minigame, platforming challenge). Oh wait, I said challenge, right? Well, there's none here. People always refer to a few endgame stars as difficult Luigi's Purple Coins first and foremost) but even those are cleared with a couple tries by anyone who had touched the other 3D Marios in their lives.

Linear, easy stages with lots of recycled content. That's how I'd sum up Galaxy. I enjoyed Galaxy 2 way, way more for actually stepping up the challenge a fair bit and changing the level structure to a better one; galaxies now hold only a couple of stars, with the first usually being a completely original course and the others challenge variants of the base course.
>>
File: Splatoon.webm (3MB, 1024x576px)
Splatoon.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
>>258100206
>>258101007
>Bloopers
>liquid sliding mechanics
>territorial domination
>that summer feel and atmosphere
>de blob?
that pretty much proves it

>>258100731
>>258101223
>>258101928
>my opinion = fact
the only fact you prove that one part of the game does not equal the rest of the gameplay/content being wholefully hard. the other one is just plain Nintendoomed rumor shit a typical GAFfer will make up and send to the media. the third one is blantant falseflag that SexGenie will spit out. Plus Nintendo hasn't gave SMS' gameplay any fucking attention for a long time. also what is wrong with easter eggs?

if you want to cry about Nintendo failing hard, go make a fucking "WiiU is dying" thread so you can feel better about it, not here.
>>
>>258102076
>tfw 64's peach castle had a very well thought-out layout, both internal and external
>all that tidbits of informations about bowser grabbing the stars and peach missing
>all those secrets that perfectly fit a giant castle/manor
Agree, they just stopped giving a fuck about context.
>>
>>258102109

Although I like Sunshine I can acknowledge its flaws while still appreciating what it had to offer

I wouldn't mind a sequel or something similar to 64DS where it's the same game but expanded on with Luigi and Wario

The only problems I have with it are Blue Coins and Mario doesn't say the usual "Thank you so much for playing my game!" at the end
>>
>>258102214
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY_qs-ra_88
>>
>>258102495
FLUDD is the one that thanks Mario, AKA the player.
>>
File: 1174606-sms_a015.png (398KB, 864x648px) Image search: [Google]
1174606-sms_a015.png
398KB, 864x648px
>>258102109
don't worry, i'm here

wish Nintendo can do something with the pressure triggers so they have no problem with doing a sequel.
>>
>>258102394
>only the posts criticizing nintendo are assuming "my opinion = fact"
You must be desperate.
>>
>>258102457

the only time the layout in Peach's Castle has made sense was in Paper Mario 64
>>
>>258102989

it's the only 3D Mario without it, not counting 3D World, it's a nice little extra that compliments the game
>>
>>258103135
>not counting 3D world
Why don't you count it? This is the opposite of nostalgia, this is blatantly criticizing older games for no reason.
>>
>>258103298

3D Land and 3D World aren't in the same vein of 3D Platforming as 64/SMS/Galaxy 1 and 2
>>
>>258103135
How does a line of text once you already finished it compliment a game? The autism continues.
>>
>>258103072
Dude, same here. When I saw that orange ink stuff, I thought for sure it was Sunshine 2.

>"Holy shhhhhhhh-"
>Oh, it's just some squid game."
>>
File: Chuboomba.gif (16KB, 57x53px) Image search: [Google]
Chuboomba.gif
16KB, 57x53px
>>258103387

>line of text

do you even know what you're talking about
>>
>>258103072
>>258103429
I was 100% sure it was de Blob 2
>>
I haven't completed Mario Galaxy nor Pikmin 2 because I don't want the adventure to end
>>
File: fruitypebblesgirl.jpg (175KB, 535x798px) Image search: [Google]
fruitypebblesgirl.jpg
175KB, 535x798px
>>258099147
>1:16
Every fucking time
>>
>there will never be a new Paper Mario that isn't shit
>there will never be a Sunshine 2
Why live?
>>
>>258103072
Takashi Tezuka (one of the producers) kinda wants to see Sunshine 2 (MM3D) to happen one day. Charles Martinet (voice of Mario) is a fan of Super Mario Sunshine and too wants to see Sunshine 2 out one day.

now all we need is another discussion of Splatoon from them, asking Miyamoto or Iwata about Sunshine 2, and confirmation to seal that deal.
>>
>>258103837
So you can buy New super mario 71 and sticker stars and support the developers.
>>
>>258100130
No, because that's the way Nintendo rolls

Ocarina of Time is built off Starfox 64
And Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission are both built off Wario Land 4
>>
>>258103809
The post-credits part of Pikmin 2 is the best part of the game, the Wistful Wild caves for instance.
>>
File: 43024914.jpg (56KB, 500x640px) Image search: [Google]
43024914.jpg
56KB, 500x640px
>>258102767
Well, if they made a sequel for Wii U (not that it will ever happen), they could use R for spraying while running and ZR for spraying in place.
>>
>>258103837

>implying IS isn't making a new console Paper Mario RIGHT NOW
>implying Sunshine won't get some sort of sequel with a huge underwater Noki city, Luigi playability, fucking Marine Pop gameplay, and even more deep sea tier shit
>>
File: 1396651871285.jpg (15KB, 240x224px) Image search: [Google]
1396651871285.jpg
15KB, 240x224px
>>258103949
>Charles Martinet (voice of Mario) is a fan of Super Mario Sunshine and too wants to see Sunshine 2 out one day
Oh boy, SMS confirmed
>>
>>258104124
Those deep sea missions scared the fuck out of me as a kid. I think that's what made me develop such an irrational fear of deep water.
>>
>>258103949
Too bad charles martinet's opinion is as relevant as KurokawaThundersword's.
>>
File: 1405288189155.jpg (141KB, 634x480px) Image search: [Google]
1405288189155.jpg
141KB, 634x480px
>>258104124
>huge underwater Noki city and even more deep sea tier shit in 1080p
>>
>>258104124
>implying the next paper mario game isn't going to be SS-tier garbage, since it sold amazing
>implying you couldn't have a TTYD-quality paper mario on a modern handheld system, so don't even try to use that excuse
>>
File: 39581389.jpg (361KB, 551x726px) Image search: [Google]
39581389.jpg
361KB, 551x726px
>>258103837
>>258104124
Lets hope the next one is like the first two Paper Mario games.
>>
>>258085251
Just get the adapter and emulate it on Dolphin. That's what I've been doing the last few days.
>>
>>258104124
As much as I would love to see a Wii U Paper Mario game, I think it's still a bit too early for it. Sticker Star, as unwanted as it was, was still fairly recent.
>>
>>258104465
Considering the atrocious fan reaction, they need to at least be aware that SS sucked harder than post-movie SpongeBob.
>>
>>258102252
>>258102376
>>258102495
>>258102767
All of you are bros.

I genuinely have it has my favorite 3D Mario game, despite playing 64 first, and have played all of them up to 3D World.

The physics, and the interconnected world just feel right to me.
>>
>>258104485
Sticker Star was originally going to be like TTYD to the point where Miyamoto told them to start over because it was TOO similar. I'm still mad about it.
>>
>>258104784
Yeah, just like the fan reaction of not having an F-zero for years, right?

Game sold well, that's all that matters. Even more so if they are making a WiiU version, they WILL go for the sales.
>>
>>258104820
It's okay, there are so many people alive right now, some of them are bound to have wrong opinions, statistically.
>>
>>258104784
They only care about sales. How much did SS sell compared to other PM games?
>>
U R MR GAY
>>
>>258105081
Best selling PM to date.
>>
>>258105140
Y I M R U?
>>
File: NeoBowserCity.png (655KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
NeoBowserCity.png
655KB, 800x480px
>yfw Mario Kart 7 and 8 were hinting towards the new 3D Mario, where Mario goes into the future and has to explore Neo Bowser City controlled by Dry Bowser and under siege by the forces of Pink Gold Peach, Metal Mario, and Dry Luigi
>>
>>258104868
Based miyamoto, savior of videogames.
They should just toss him into an old people's hospital, fucking old piece of shit.
>>
>>258105201
I'm pretty sure that would be SPM.
>>
>>258105201
That's because it was on the 3DS, the Nintendo 64, Gamecube and 2007 Wii sold very poorly. It is an unfair contest.
>>
>>258105201
Are you sure?

I'm pretty certain that's wrong.
>>
File: spooked.png (111KB, 167x278px) Image search: [Google]
spooked.png
111KB, 167x278px
>>258105292
>Dry Luigi
>>
>>258105292
And neo/v/ would have threads about it.
Makes perfect sense.
>>
>>258105476
Nope, it's true, Sticker Star sold more than Super Paper Mario, which sold more than TTYD, which sold more than PM64. It's unfortunate, I know.
>>
>>258105206
Y
>>
Fucking love Galaxy and Galaxy 2.

I just love that gravity bending shit. Loved 2001. Loved that bit in Inception. It's just so satisfying for some reason.

I think Galaxy 2 was better than Galaxy though. Yoshi was a surprisingly good addition and the additional stuff was better then Super Luigi Galaxy.
>>
>>258105446
And you really think they are taking a 20 million dollar risk and make a different one just to test this cute theory? Instead of making another sticker star and get guaranteed dosh before 10 years of investments on the serie?
>>
File: sad yoshi.png (132KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
sad yoshi.png
132KB, 396x385px
>>258105719

>Yoshis weren't in 3D World
>>
File: PM sales.png (11KB, 532x255px)
PM sales.png
11KB, 532x255px
>>258105573
Looks like you've been misinformed.

I know VGchartz isn't exactly reliable, but if you have a better source then by all means lay it on me.
>>
>>258105440
That's wrong, but even if it were right,
1) it's not a real paper mario game (no, not because "it's shit xD!", because it has nothing to do with the serie, it's a platformer)
2) it was on a system that sold waaay more units than the 3DS, and it STILL sold less than sticker star. Let that sink in.
>>
File: 1406902645456.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1406902645456.gif
1MB, 320x240px
If Super Mario Sunshine had a sequel that fixed every flaw Sunshine had, could you really call it a Super Mario Sunshine sequel since it would have nothing in common with it anymore?
>>
>>258105862
is SM3DW good? I keep meaning to pick up a Wii U, but haven't quite bothered yet.

I'm guessing I'll get around to it when Smash Bros finally drops.
>>
>>258105874
>12 january 2013
Try a fair sales chart that is updated
>>
>>258106051
>retarded bait
>>
File: 3D World Comic.jpg (377KB, 500x1667px) Image search: [Google]
3D World Comic.jpg
377KB, 500x1667px
>>258106070

it's like Super Mario World in 3D mixed with elements of 64, SMB2, SMB3, and other games in the series

also, LOTS of saxophone and brass
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWlhnN3sSy0
>>
>>258106110
>implying Sticker Star sold three million units in a year

If you want to prove me wrong, post facts, with sources.

It really seems like you want to get people riled up and start some kind of hate bandwagon here.
>>
>>258105945
>because it has nothing to do with the serie, it's a platformer)
As much as I wish it would've been turn based rpg like the other ones I still don't think that is fair. Don't get me wrong I don't think it is anywhere as good but it still has some charm. That nerd chapter and Luigi were great.
>>
>>258106070
Has shit level design due to shoehorned co-op ruining singleplayer.

It's good multiplayer, single is almost as awful as 3DL.
>>
File: 44452265.jpg (109KB, 1024x778px) Image search: [Google]
44452265.jpg
109KB, 1024x778px
>tfw the open world in each level and hub world would be Far Cry big.
>tfw using the blooper squid to travel far though the ocean to other islands.
>tfw a Ferry level were you have to go in the engine room a clean up the goop and clear out the calamari squid.
>an fludd upgrade were you can explore the deep ocean parts with top-tier swimming mechanics from Majora's Mask (Zora Link)
>secret levels based on Galaxy (Gravitation) and 3D World (platforming)
>an glacier level were you can melt ice and create ice blocks to reach to high place
>FLUDD nozzle combination: Super Rocket FLUUD (Rocket+Turbo) Hydro FLUDD (Spray+Turbo).
>secrets everywhere
>removeable FLUDD
>Blue coin scanner
Sunshine 2 is a dream, also this will make Wind Waker its bitch
>>
>>258106517
>implying Sticker Star sold three million units in a year
You are comparing the sales of a game that release on december 2012 with others that released years before it

And the sales data is updated UP TO january 2013.

Holy shit dude. That's not even TWO MONTHS of fucking sales.
>>
>>258085956
you are an obscene underage babby if you think NSMBWii or even Wii U comes close to 3/World.
>>
>>258106779
>Using the bloober squid

So if you hit any object at all you die instantly?
>>
>>258106070
it's nothing special tbh, i mean it's not bad but still

it's incredibly fun when playing with another person (if you're not some sissy faggots who play cooperatively)
fuck your friend, get the crown
>>
>>258106530
I can also call tomodachi life "paper mario", does't make it a paper mario game in the paper mario franchise.
>>
>>258087373
I don't agree. Maybe I do with Galaxy 1, since it is easier, but Galaxy 2 just had so much shit going on, and was a bit more linear.
>>
>>258107020
>fuck your friend, get the crown

heh, I once played through the entirety of Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures in a game when we did nothing but throw each other into pits to steal force gems.
>>
>>258089501
>start playing Galaxy 2 due to people saying it's better
>10 minutes in
>realize Rosalina isn't in this until the very end
FUCKING DROPPED
>>
>>258106981
>implying Nintendo won't change that to small damage
it's a sequel remember that
>>
>>258107381
>hating a superior game just because it doesn't have your favorite color Peach clone
>>
>>258106895
It launched in November in NA.

And again, do you have any proof that it outsold Super Paper Mario? Any at all?

Luigi's Mansion 2 was a top-seller throughout nearly the entirety of 2013 and it didn't outsell SPM.
>>
File: cant boolieve it.gif (17KB, 130x130px) Image search: [Google]
cant boolieve it.gif
17KB, 130x130px
>>258107381

>waifu shitters
>>
>>258106779
>>tfw using the blooper squid to travel far though the ocean to other islands.
>>tfw a Ferry level were you have to go in the engine room a clean up the goop and clear out the calamari squid.
>>an fludd upgrade were you can explore the deep ocean parts with top-tier swimming mechanics from Majora's Mask (Zora Link)
>>
Fuck the open world Mario fanbases. I am a huge fan of Sunshine (overrated though) and 64, but linear Mario is the way its supposed to play.
>>
File: mnx3e-crown.jpg (205KB, 590x700px) Image search: [Google]
mnx3e-crown.jpg
205KB, 590x700px
>>258107530

I hope Polterpup shows up in the new games
>>
I didn't really like Galaxy all that much to be perfectly honest. I don't know why they feel the need to make Mario slower than he was in 64, but I don't like it at all. Needs more momentum.
>>
>>258107724
Fuck off retard
>>
Does anyone have a good keymap for Galaxy on Dolphin?
>>
File: baby born.gif (459KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
baby born.gif
459KB, 384x288px
>>258102109
>still no webm of sunshine's water
>>
>>258107724
>linear Mario is the way its supposed to play.
and you had 8 fucking games based on linear mario. why should we stick with more, and when was the last time we has another open world 3D Mario? Galaxy 3, 3D Galaxy, and NSMB3 is really pushing it.

you are basically asking for more weehashes than something else.
>>
>>258108383
Shit nigger, I don't want Galaxy 3 and I certainly don't want NSMB3 oh god

Give me some new tools to play with like Galaxy but drop me into some completely awesome new game design ideas, while still keeping the Mario formula true.
>>
>>258108383
>and you had 8 fucking games based on linear mario.
Shame the last 6 or so have been fucking shit.
>>
what new shit could nintendo do with mario now?
How do you top space and hawaii?
>>
>>258108618
underwater, sky, jungle, underground?
>>
>>258108618

>going into the future
>traveling to different universes
>doing a gritty FPS while still having the cartoony characters or something
>mecha fights
>huge underwater game
>>
>>258108618
Caves.
>>
File: 1405450439085.jpg (111KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1405450439085.jpg
111KB, 500x333px
>>258107724
>Sunshine
>64
>open world

Next you're going to tell me that Dark Souls is open world.
>>
File: 1398649352533.png (473KB, 1039x780px) Image search: [Google]
1398649352533.png
473KB, 1039x780px
>>258108618
I don't really see an issue with "general" kinds of Mario games, that don't stick to a specific theme. As long as the level design is varied enough, that is.
>>
>>258101396
>I never finished the game, let alone played it
>>
>>258108997
OK, maybe not open world, but sandbox playstyle? Sprawling levels? I don't know.
>>
They could just make a new IP with the same amount of money thrown in.
If anybody could do that it would be Nintendo.
>>
>>258087531
>playing with other people

they'll either hold me back or just try to skip everything and run to the end as fast as possible

my only companion is the darkness in my soul :^)
>>
>>258108618
>Super Mario kid friendly FPS
>Super Mario reboot with grittier and more realistic artwork
>Super Mario Dating Sim
>>
>>258109206
>move all this shit as new IPs and keep mario as rehashio
no
>>
Just re-started Galaxy must have been 2-4 years since i last played. For some reason i have a really hard time killing the first boss. The Dino Pirana plant. He just fucking keeps walking in to me and Mario is not fast enough to outrun him.
What am i doing wrong?
>>
>>258109115
>sandbox

That's even more unfitting than open world.
>>
>>258109206
>Nintendo
>replacing MARIO with a new IP

Delusional.
>>
>>258109447
Just run in a circle around him until you get to his tail.
>>
>>258109372
>>Super Mario kid friendly FPS
DooM fans and Unreal modders took care of that
>>Super Mario reboot with grittier and more realistic artwork
mario on PS360
>>Super Mario Dating Sim
another meet and fuck game?
>>
>>258109447
Just git gud, run in tight circles around him instead of a straight line away from him.
>>
>>258108618
2d mario get a serius stylization of some sort. The current graphic design is as boring as it can get and doesn't help the reash feeling

3d mario just need a good idea to fit with the mario formula. Maybe 4dimensional shit?
>>
>>258109256
>Dark Souls
>even nearly as painful to play Coop in

Sure is fun getting in each others way constantly. The only serious coop griefing I ever did in DaS was at the iron keep in DaS2 at the part with the lever that drops the platform into the lava.
>>
I just want a good Mario again. 2D or 3D, it doesn't matter to me. Please no more half-assed mediocrity, this is disrespectful to Mario.
>>
why is it that most nintendo series can have dramatic changes to the style but NSMB remains the same Vaseline plastic look?
>>
>>258109681
>implying mods count
>implying you wouldn't play a realistic art design Mario reboot
>implying you don't want to go for long walks on the beach with Bowser
>>
File: kiwi_kamikaze-badmushroom.png (140KB, 500x449px) Image search: [Google]
kiwi_kamikaze-badmushroom.png
140KB, 500x449px
>>258110185

>wanting Mario to go through the same artstyle hell as Zelda
>>
>>258108618
Hawaii in space.
>>
>>258110181
Play 3D World.
>>
>>258087373
I 100% SMG2 twice
>>
>>258106070
One of my favorites. Super hard later in the game.

Just play it for yourself, Never ask /v/ for their opinions or their advice.
>>
I honestly think that Galazy is the worst one so far. I will blame it entirely on the controller, since wii+ nunchuck is complete shit for any game that isn't a shooter.

FLUDD-less Mario special stages in Sunshine were peak Mario fun
>>
>>258083964
donkey kong country returns was better
>>
Super Mario Adventure when?
>>
>>258111836
i agree, nintendo should have not removed Mario's acrobatic skills and breakdance. this fucked up the platforming. and no option to unequip the fludd
>>
>>258099345
To be fair, it would be weird if Mario was wearing a space helmet for most of Galaxy.
>>
>>258112369
It wouldn't be any wierder than Mario wearing a water gun on his back.
>>
File: 2014-07-10-576-Mii.png (796KB, 900x1332px) Image search: [Google]
2014-07-10-576-Mii.png
796KB, 900x1332px
>>258100079
>>
I hope the next game has a hub world.

I thought 3D World was going to be a nice compromise but the way you move around the worlds is still limited and in fact pretty much superficial.

Hopefully they'll build on it.
>>
>>258090661
uhh it does. I have a modded wii with over 160 wii games on it. And they're all good.
>>
>>258113317
>Rehashio kills Neo-Mario
>>
>>258112624
>>258112369
why is it weird? he's a plumber, a doctor, a carpenter, and a sports champion?
>>
File: Sticker Star.png (46KB, 254x222px) Image search: [Google]
Sticker Star.png
46KB, 254x222px
>>258105874

Nintendo themselves have revealed Sticker Star has sold 2.21 million.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/sales/software/3ds.html

Don't be a cockend using VGChartz.
>>
>>258101169
Is there more of this? Google and iqdb aren't giving me anything.
>>
>>258099717
sunshine is not hardcore. The game holds your hand the most annoying way it can, it provides a heavy buffer zone for platforming, the main challenge of the game, or as it was supposed to be.
>>
File: sunshinehd.jpg (357KB, 1439x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sunshinehd.jpg
357KB, 1439x1080px
>>258114736
>Sunshine is not hardcore
Tell me that with a straight face after you try your hand at Lily Pad, Pachinko, and Underground Chucksta levels.

The Blue Coins on the Final Level also would like to contest as well.
>>
>>258114736
>the main challenge of the game, or as it was supposed to be.
i still find the secret level challenging even with the FLUDD. if you want your basic mario gameplay, don't even press the fucking R button.
>>
>>258115090
I 100%'d the game, and it's piss easy.
>>
>>258115893
>if you want to fix the game, don't use this core mechanic required to beat the game!

idiot
>>
File: m92b1e.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
m92b1e.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>258116154
i was only talking about the secret level, you faggot.

>>258115998
120 shines an 240 blue coin collected? did you enjoyed the postcard?
>>
>>258116565
no, I hated the game in the end. I think it's terrible and easily the worst 3D mario game yet.
>>
File: 1407765297204.jpg (140KB, 724x564px) Image search: [Google]
1407765297204.jpg
140KB, 724x564px
>>258104280
>KurokawaThundersword
hello master
>>
>>258115998
>it's piss easy.
speedrunner pls go
>>
>>258083964
I don't get the appeal of Galaxy. I mean, the levels are pretty entertaining but there's this hideous feeling of linearity and lack of story. It just doesn't feel like the game gives any motivation to continue; it's just "collect more stars so you get more locations where you can get more stars". Both 64 and Sunshine had some feeling of story progression. Also cozy (more or less heh) hubs which felt open and homely, Galaxy is just barebones "portals to locations". Am I retarded? Please tell me what I'm missing.
>>
>>258118224
well playing a mario game for the story is where you went wrong
>>
>>258118224
Play Galaxy 2. It will make Galaxy 1 look a lot better for you.
>>
File: 120921092109.gif (492KB, 499x344px) Image search: [Google]
120921092109.gif
492KB, 499x344px
Speaking of blue coins in this thread, how long did it take everyone on their first run to get them all? It took me way longer than it should have for sure since I gave up on it when I was younger due to it being boring.
>>
>>258119061

I eventually went back and used a guide

fuck the ones in Noki Bay
Thread posts: 361
Thread images: 78

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.