[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Sakurai removes Meta Knight's gliding ability >and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 514
Thread images: 104

>Sakurai removes Meta Knight's gliding ability
>and gives it to...
>>
>>257766613
Pit
>>
Just stop.

Ridley is a stage hazard on Pyrosphere. I would say it's pretty open before, but after this was posted it's pretty much done.
>>
>>257766837
Confirmed to not be able to glide since the Smash Direct.
>>
>>257766613
>haha look mom, memes!
>>
>>257767172
I'm not a Ridleyfag, but why does that image prove he's not in?
>>
>>257767751
the hole in the back. it's where he bursts out of in other M
>>
>>257767751
It's the Final Destination version of Pyrosphere.

People claimed the stage hazard was rising lava like the other Metroid stages, but as you can see there's still lava there even on the FD version, proving that lava can't be the stage hazard, and it's gotta be the big guy in SSB for Wii U.
>>
>>257767751
>ut why does that image prove he's not in?
It doesn't.
>>
Also not a Ridleyfag. There are two Ridleys, I'd buy it if they're both in in someway.
>>
>>257767172
>Ridley is a stage hazard on Pyrosphere.
Got any proof?
>>
I'm just assuming Ridleyfags are all joking or baiting. There's no way people actually think he's in at this point.
>>
>>257768307
You been asleep?
http://youtu.be/7xUWnQu2Grs?t=7m16s
>>
>>257766613
I thought gliding as a mechanic was out in general?
>>
>>257768096
How doesn't it?
No, it's not explicitly spelled out but there's simply nothing else it could be.

>>257768405
Like I said, before that FD lava pic I could see how people could still think that he may very well not be the stage hazard and be playable. But at this point I just don't get it.
>>
File: image.jpg (113KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113KB, 1280x800px
I recently found out one of the worst people I know happens to be a Ridleyfag.

Coincidence?

I don't think this nigga even plays Metroid
>>
>>257768469
So no proof then?
>>
>>257769079
I guess not, loser.
>>
>>257769295
>loser
What? I just wanted to see confirmation instead of speculation.
>>
>>257768609
but isn't the point of FD levels NOT having stage hazards? so why would nor having the rising lava mean Ridley would be a stage hazard?
again, not even hoping Ridley is in, I just don't see how that proves anything
>>
>>257766613
Gliding is cut altogether broski

Stop reaching
>>
>>257769516
> Sakurai says there are bosses on other stages while showing Ridley's silhouette on Pyrosphere.
>Not proof.
I get Sakurai's a troll, but the best you can hope for is that both Ridleys are in the game.
>>
>>257769594
If the lava was the stage hazard it wouldn't still be flowing.
>>
>>257769761
If it were as simple as Ridley being the boss on Pyrosphere then we would know already like with the other bosses. He's being coy for a reason. What that reason is I can't say, but saying theres any confirmation on Ridley's role in Smash 4 is incorrect.
>>
>>257767172
Toon Link disappears from the train level if you play as him.

Not a ridleyfag, but your argument is invalid because of fucking Toon Link.
>>
>>257769761
The fact that he doesn't actually show Ridley is extremely significant.
>>
Man, this thread is getting desparate.
>>
>>257770167
>Toon Link disappears from the train level if you play as him.
He's not a boss hazard.
>>
>>257767957
Wow that is actually the biggest de-confirmation of Ridley i've heard and it makes the most sense
>>
>>257766613
Too big
>>
>>257767172
How is it done? All because a lava animation is still there on Pyrosphere doesn't mean shit. How about the fact the holes that Ridley supposedly makes to enter the arena still being there in the FD version? Or the possibility that you can have an FD version of a stage with hazards, just not in For Glory mode? Lava being a hazard could still be an issue too, there being an animation of it doesn't change anything.

His chances are good as they were before: uncertain. With how coy they're being with him and not just giving Ridley the same treatment every other deconfirmed character he still has a shot.

Friendly Remind: Palutenas model was fully shown as a statue, and the text following it implied that "The goddess of light" would watch over the combatants. More or less implying she was not playable. Guess who they announced at E3? So all because something is implied as something else doesn't mean anything. Oh, him not stating Palutena by name also falls in line with how Ridleys being treated. Now I know some of you will say "Well he ain'ts been said Bill Cosbys name a hyuck!" Bill Cosby hasn't been teased, either. Both Palutena and Ridley have been, however.
>>
>>257769809
maybe it just doesn't rise high enough from the bottom of the stage to be a stage hazard
they can still have aesthetic features in FD stages you know
>>
>>257766613
Gliding was removed from the game entirely you stupid fuck.
>>
>>257771182
>Palutenas model was fully shown as a statue, and the text following it implied that "The goddess of light" would watch over the combatants. More or less implying she was not playable.
Except no, because he didn't actually show Palutena herself, she was one of the most likely additions given Uprising, and just because something modeled after a character is a part of the stage doesn't mean said character won't be in; see the Battleship Halberd.
>>
File: 41acHubJqNL[1].jpg (18KB, 250x354px) Image search: [Google]
41acHubJqNL[1].jpg
18KB, 250x354px
>people honestly think he wont be a stage boss
>>
>>257767172
I remember someone pointing out that those containers could be a stage hazard
>>
>>257766613
NEVER EVER.
>>
>>257766613
No one since Pit doesn't have it either
>>
>>257769516

The stage has a hole in the back, which is where Ridley enters in Other M. Which apparently no one here has played.

It's not concrete, but seeing as we've only seen Ridley (as a shadow) in Pyrosphere, it makes sense.
>>
>>257771182
Spirit Tracks Link and Wind Waker Link are separate characters
Palutena is not a statue, and she's a goddess so her being omnipresent in her own temple makes sense
There's only one Ridley, Other M was just a different look for the same character
>>
>>257771479
Point still stands. Here entire model was shown before her reveal. Ridley gets a shadow and an implication and it's all over? OH but Palutena gets her entired body model shown, implied to just watch over people fighting, and doesn't even get a name drop... but she's totally in because it's not Ridley so we can't take it at face value. Right.

>>257771315
True but I'd wager Ridley would have a float much like Peach. Only his float animation would be his wings flapping. Not really flight, but similar enough.

>>257771498
>People actually think an entire year of no Ridley information, 4 months with no pic of the day discussing his "boss" status, and no clarification from Sakurai about a lot of peoples confusion on his status isn't weird at all.
>Even though Prince Sables confusion was cleared up in less than an hour.

Come on man. Maybe he won't be in but it's easy to see why people think he has a shot.
>>
>>257771795
Interesting speculation. Also it's where Ridley exits in Other M. Not enters for the record.
>>
Meta Knight has Ridley's wings. Wingless ridley means he's going to be that baby lizard version from other M assuming he gets in at all
>>
>>257771802
Other M Ridely is a clone that was made of the shit on samus' suit like the metroids
>>
>>257768609
>How doesn't it?

Lava showing up on the FD stage doesn't prove shit. Have you ever just considered that the stage *gasp* doesn't have hazards? Or the lava flows in the background but it doesn't rise in the FD version? There are possibilities left.
>>
>>257771802
There are two Ridleys. It's just that both aren't alive at the same time.
>>
>>257772006

Name one reason why Sakurai would ever need to discuss Ridley specifically.
>>
>>257766613

Pit and Charizard had their glides taken too moron
>>
>>257771802
>There's only one Ridley.

Well no, theres the first Ridley who appears in Metroid, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 3 and Super Metroid in that order. There's his robot effigy who shows up in Zero Mission. There's the clone of him that is present in Other M. And final theres the X virus mutated duplicate of Ridley created from absorbing the corpse of the clone of Ridley.

Why do people who argue against Ridley always know fucking nothing about Metroid?
>>
File: objection.jpg (8KB, 279x181px) Image search: [Google]
objection.jpg
8KB, 279x181px
>>257767172
>>257767751
>>257767957
>>257767968

OBJECTION

If this is the Final Destination version of the stage, then there is no stage hazard at all.

Is that whole in the normal version of the stage, too?
>>
>>257772482
>and given to...
>>
>>257771795
Well I guess you didn't play Other M either. Ridley didn't enter through that hole. He exited through it. The hole wasn't there either until he left, because he had already been inside there from unknown means before you enter.

So if the hole is there before he makes it to exit in the FD version, I'm sure you can put the pieces together. Don't believe me, go ahead and look it up on youtube. The hole isn't there until Ridley leaves. Don't argue shit if you're only reason for doing so is to try and ruin somebodies hope that their character is playable unless your facts are straight. Thanks.
>>
>>257772549
>whole

hole*
>>
>>257772549
This is the biggest one I could find. The only difference seems to be the platforms.
>>
>>257772070
>>257772352
>>257772491
Wow, really? The evidence just seems to keep piling up, as much as I'm convinced Ridley is a boss. There doesn't seem to be any real concrete evidence, and plenty of stuff that happened to other characters to imply the same is happening to him.

And excuse me for not playing Other M.
>>
>>257772807

The hole is clearly in the back, you asshole
>>
>>257770282
>this deserpate
>>
>>257772918
>>257773009
Wait, I just got what you meant. I wasn't arguing that the hole wasn't there, I was just looking for a reference for the thread. I specifically looked for one with the hole in the back showing.
>>
File: ddd.png (2MB, 1277x711px) Image search: [Google]
ddd.png
2MB, 1277x711px
HE. IS. A. STAGE. BOSS.
you fucking ridley ags are the most cancerous shit stains on the smash bros fanbase, you delude yourselves into thinking an ugly space lizard deserves to be a playable character. and why? because metroid, a series with only one notable character somehow deserves another rep? just look at this image, its as clear as day your precious ridley is going to be a stage boss. nothing more. its all he's good or and all he ever will be. now shut your bitchy mouths about him being in smash and get over it. and while your at it, hang yourselves or believing in such ridiculous bullshit, sakurai will never add him and its going to stay that way untill the end.
>>
>>257772390
Name one reason he'd have to discuss anything from the direct specifically.

Name one reason why Ridley was the only thing he hasn't spoken of directly from the direct.

Name one reason why every other thing that some fans have felt confusing has Sakurai commented on or Nintendo, except for Ridley?

If Ridley isn't special by any means then why is he getting this weird special treatment? You don't have a reason because the only one that makes sense is one you don't want to admit is at least possible.

>>257772549
Yes, the hole that Ridley exits through during Other M is in both the FD and the normal version.
>>
filename
>>
>>257773379
Do you have to put that much space in between all your asshurt? It's an eyesore.
>>
>>257773358
You assume he's a stage hazard due to a shadow (which is tiny, by the way) and an implication from Sakurai. You could very well be right, too. I'll still hope he's on the roster though. Hope that doesn't twist your tatas too badly, Anon. Keep getting angry over people wanting something in a party game. I'm sure it'll help you later in life.
>>
File: ridley fags.webm (3MB, 480x270px)
ridley fags.webm
3MB, 480x270px
OH BOY MEMELEY? I LOVE MEMELEY
>>
File: 1376322887693.gif (2MB, 390x277px) Image search: [Google]
1376322887693.gif
2MB, 390x277px
>>257773358
>HE. IS. A. STAGE. BOSS.
>now shut your bitchy mouths

Of all the Anons in this thread, I want to see your tears the most.
>>
>>257767968
>People claimed the stage hazard was rising lava like the other Metroid stages, but as you can see there's still lava there even on the FD version, proving that lava can't be the stage hazard, and it's gotta be the big guy in SSB for Wii U.
That proves nothing, it could just be cosmetic in the FD version.

I'm not even a ridley fag.
>>
There's pretty much no reason for Sakurai to take this long to show him off. If he was a stage boss he would have appeared in a POTD or one of the trailers/Directs by now. Either Ridley is playable, or Sakurai is delusional enough to think that a stage boss warrants this much suspense.
>>
>>257773569
You can see his wing in that picture as well.
>>
>>257766613
It's annoying how Ridleyfags constantly make these threads and then play victim all the time. These people are so fucking annoying
>>
>>257773379
Because Sakurai is cheeky, he likes to tease, and t is not hard to put two and two together.
>Talks about boss characteres, subtitles say that other boss characters show up, shows an obvious Ridley silhouette.
>>
>>257773826
That's actually his tail tip passing in front of the camera, which don't forget, is zoomed extremely far in.
>>
>>257773910
>Sakurai likes pulling tricks and teasing
>that's why you should take him exactly at face value
>>
>>257773970
Unfortunately, that Tail tip proves that Hazard Ridley is Other:M Ridley.
I kind of want the Original Ridley to be playable just so he's represented over the clone.
>>
>>257772006
There was other supporting evidence for Palutena's inclusion, such as Pit's final smash no longer involving Palutena, and lest we forget Kid Icarus is Sakurai's baby. Ridley doesn't have this same kind of support.
>>
File: 78a7c1ab02tf2_spy_jpg[1].jpg (15KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
78a7c1ab02tf2_spy_jpg[1].jpg
15KB, 400x400px
You guys aren't thinking of this from a business perspective. Sakurai only pushes characters to promote games Nintendo wants promoted, or to expose a large playerbase to potential characters they may be interested in. They may as well name it Super Advertising Bros.

>probable Punch-Out sequel
>very probable Animal Crossing rehash
>Fire Emblem prominent in Japan, but not the U.S. yet
>Pokemon is Pokemon
>Megaman license held by Nintendo
>Namco working with Nintendo to sell games (potential new Pacman titles, etc.)
>Sakurai pushing Kid Icarus like smack
>Nintendo pushing Rosalina like smack

They already reminded us Metroid exists with Naked Samus. There is no reason whatsoever to make Ridley playable, just like there is no reason to make K. Rool, Mewtwo, Simon Belmont or any other irrelevant shit playable. There's nothing to sell with those characters.
>>
File: Daily Remember.gif (652KB, 450x120px) Image search: [Google]
Daily Remember.gif
652KB, 450x120px
>>257766613
Anthony Higgs
>>
>>257773910
He's never teased something that didn't have a positive outcome to those that care. In this instance he's teasing Ridley, and to him those that care are the people who want playable characters. As much as you want to paint him as a malicious /v/-tier tearsfag, he isn't.
>>
Gliding as a mechanic has been cut. God damn did no one watch the direct?
>>
Why do we still have Ridley threads for fucks sake
Is this shit all a giant meme or did people really not fucking understand the direct by such a huge margin
>>
>>257774221
>This is his final smash
420/10
>>
>>257774210

Then where's the Ice Climbers or F-Zero sequels?
>>
File: no time to pray.png (97KB, 187x189px) Image search: [Google]
no time to pray.png
97KB, 187x189px
>>257773379
>omission of information is "special treatment"

You must think you're the most "special" guy in the world when you aren't mentioned by name at presidential speeches.
>>
I'm glad Meta Knight's back and all, but I need me some newcomer and stage reveals

Come on Sakurai I need this I'm too spoiled now
>>
>>257774210
>Sakurai only pushes characters to promote games Nintendo wants promoted, or to expose a large playerbase to potential characters they may be interested in.

>who is ROB
>>
>>257774308
Yes it's a meme and people keep replying because they're fucking stupid.
>>
>>257774301
Yeah, this. If you're going by the Direct footage he doesn't even glide, he has a float like Peach's.
>>
File: Ridley.png (46KB, 428x395px) Image search: [Google]
Ridley.png
46KB, 428x395px
>>257773816
Yellow Devil had a full year's worth of "suspense". You seem to be unclear on something. I'm sure you're about to say "b-but everyone knew he was a stage hazard just based on his appearance". Guess what mate, Sakurai literally explicitly said Ridley would be a stage boss when he teased him. There is no suspense. There shouldn't be any suspense. As far as Sakurai is concerned, the fanbase is just waiting to see what the full boss will look like.
>>
>>257774110
>>257774110
>>257774224
>Says ZSS isn't returning
>Says just kidding literally three seconds later

>Shows Yellow Devil's lower half in Mega Man's trailer
>Clarifies shortly afterwards

>Shows a Mii with a Meta Knight mask
>Shows off the real Meta Knight two days later

The thing is with Sakurai's "ruses" is that they quickly resolve themselves. It's not a ruse; Ridley is just not in.
>>
>>257774210
ROB
Ice Climbers
Captain Falcon
Fox, Falco, Wolf
Snake
Game n Watch
Ness, Lucas
Lil Mac

None of these have any games coming out soon, haven't in forever, had one like 4 years ago, or won't be having any any time soon. Not saying this is a good thing, but promoting games is not the only reason for addition to Smash.

Why people think they can cite the criteria for getting into Smash like they know or are Sakurai is beyond me.
>>
>>257774382

Both of those titles have made really frequent appearances in the online store.

>>257774432

Fun Fact: Nintendo still constructs ROB and sells it as a piece of novelty merchandise, like Game & Watch machines.
>>
http://youtu.be/tjjIm2EBY50
>>
>>257774619
There was a pretty long delay for Palutena being shown as just a statue. And for 'UNTIL NOW' back during Brawl.
>>
>>257774382

IC were a Retro Character and are now in by veteran status combined with the fact they are retro. Its possible Ice Climbers will get the uprising treatment but that probably won't be for awhile if its the case. I don't understand the F-Zero comment, Falcon has been in since 64, there's no chance of him leaving. Obviously there won't be any more F-Zero games, but he'll remain in Smash because of he's iconic and a smash veteran.
>>
>>257774574
>Sakurai literally explicitly said Ridley would be a stage boss when he teased him.

>literally explicitly

Why lie?
>>
>>257774619
No, he clearly states when something is not playable if people are confused. He has yet to do this with Ridley. By your logic he must be in then, right?

>Prince Sable
>Oops sorry guys you're all confused he is assist trophy ok.

>Ridley
>Oh so many confused I better not say shit for four months.
>>
>>257774224
>He's never teased something that didn't have a positive outcome to those that care.
I'm pretty sure Sakurai can't even conceive of how psychotic Ridley's fanbase has become. As far as he's concerned, this is a *good thing*. A positive outcome. Ridley is getting a rather large appearance in the game, larger than any assist trophy or smash run boss. He doesn't know that you want to bomb his office over this shit.
>>
>>257774574
>Yellow Devil had a full year's worth of "suspense".
>immediately shown in motion when he was revealed
>meanwhile Ridley has a shadow and "OTHER BOSS APPEARANCES" when he could have done the exact same thing as Yellow Devil

You're retarded m8.
>>
>>257774382
Captain Falcon and the Ice Climbers are the protagonists of their games and only representatives in Smash as playable characters.

Metroid has not just Samus, but Zero Suit Samus as playable characters. Ridley is not the protagonist in Metroid games, he's a boss, and a really important one at that, which is why he now appears as a boss in Smash as well.

>>257774432
A representative of Nintendo's hardware history just like Mr. Game & Watch is.
>>
>>257774395
It is when everything else has been stated by name and discussed directly. Guess who else wasn't stated by name? Palutena. Guess where she ended up?
>>
File: anime & manga plays dota 2.jpg (34KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
anime & manga plays dota 2.jpg
34KB, 640x360px
>>257774857
>Ridley's very obvious shadow on screen while he discusses stage bosses

>"durrrh wut culd he b???/"
>>
>>257774801
>Other boss character appearances
>>
>>257774801

he fucking flies by as it says "BOSS CHARACTER APPEARANCES"

you either

A) are baiting
B) lack common sense and comprehension
C) are just completely dead set on deluding yourself that Sakurai is playing some kind of huge trick and he's actually playable
>>
>>257774574
>Yellow Devil had a full year's worth of "suspense
June 2013 through December 2013 is a "full year"?

>Sakurai literally explicitly said Ridley would be a stage boss when he teased him
No?
>>
>Sakurai thought it was a good idea to have characters glide in a Smash game, where the entire point is to knock people outside far so they can't recover easily
>It took him up until now to realize how stupid that was

I still wonder why most of you praise him. The man is a trainwreck when it comes to implementing game mechanics and he's stubborn enough to never admit he fucked up badly.

I'll also bet you any money that Meta Knight will still be a broken mess that rapes the entire cast.
>>
>>257774224
Saying he likes to tease was not the best example, but anyways he does expect people to be smart about a situation. A lot of people though the Prince of Sable was playable because Sakurai never said he was an assist trophy yet it is fairly obvious that he is not playable. Could Ridley be playbale, it's possible but it is fairly obvious that he is not.
>>
>>257773379

>You don't have a reason because the only one that makes sense is one you don't want to admit is at least possible.

This is an accurate statement to describe most Ridley-deniers.
>>
>>257774965
Ever notice how whenever people say
>NEVER EVER
it winds up not being true and the thing does wind up happening?

I'm no Ridleyfriend but you're not exactly helping your case by using that phrase.
>>
>>257774574
>Sakurai literally explicitly said Ridley would be a stage boss when he teased him
Except that is literally nor explicitly what he said.
>>
File: 1402454886384.jpg (215KB, 1503x854px) Image search: [Google]
1402454886384.jpg
215KB, 1503x854px
>>257774965
NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
>>
>>257775090
>>
>>257775085
>>257775082
>>257775070

You seem to be thick enough to think that we don't understand the obvious association going on here.

You're also thick enough to not understand the ambiguity that remains.
>>
>>257775070
>Toon Link isn't shown for months
>this means it's just a stage prop
>>
File: rip in peace golden face.jpg (33KB, 250x409px) Image search: [Google]
rip in peace golden face.jpg
33KB, 250x409px
>>257774965
Yea because that worked out so well last time.
>>
File: leave it to me.jpg (92KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
leave it to me.jpg
92KB, 1024x768px
>>257770167
>>257770609

He's got it covered
>>
>>257775165
I really like this meme.
>>
>>257775237
Desperate Ridleyfags should not be calling others thick.
>>
>>257775224
>Shows Ridley
>>
>>257775152

>>257775237
>the ambiguity that remains.
There is none
>>
>>257775165
Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me, who believes in Ridley deconfirmation
>>
>>257774857
Nobody is confused, just delusional as fuck
>>
>>257775152

Fuck, I don't even think he's even said the word "Ridley" since Smash 4 was revealed at all.
>>
>>257775131
It's not obvious anything. It was obvious that Sable was an assist, yes. Yet he went and curbed the confusion because he doesn't like people getting the wrong idea about a situation. Yet he hasn't said a word about Ridley when it's obvious there is confusion.
>>
>>257775224
Link me the miiverse post, then. You can with YD and Dark Emperor, right?
>>
File: C-COULD IT BE.jpg (27KB, 326x311px) Image search: [Google]
C-COULD IT BE.jpg
27KB, 326x311px
C-COULD IT BE???
>>
File: kerfuffle.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kerfuffle.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>257773675

>Ridley descends from above the stage
>hovers for several seconds
>flies back up

>people think a character with five solid seconds of flight hangtime can make it into smash

Logic really doesn't appeal to Ridleyfags.
>>
>>257775456
He hasn't.
>>
>>257775434
Delusional, confused, there's still speculation. Doesn't matter if you hate the fanbase, if you want to drink tears, in Sakurais position when something is unclear to people he comes out and clears the air. He has yet to do so for Ridley, and only for Ridley.
>>
>257775237

Yes anon. Sakurai, between the direct and pics of the day, is playing a huge elaborate ruse to to maybe sort of imply a character barely anyone cares about from a franchise that's effectively dead might be playable. Not the other possibility, that you know, he's just a fucking boss like last time.
>>
File: ?THAT FEEL WHEN?.png (130KB, 674x500px) Image search: [Google]
?THAT FEEL WHEN?.png
130KB, 674x500px
>>257775509
>That Rosalina and Luma
>>
>>257773569
Anon, the image is talking about boss characters on a Metroid stage showing of the shadow of said boss character of that stage.

If it isn't Ridley, please redirect me to some other boss that flies and casts a huge shadow similar to Ridley.
>>
>>257775509
Like Pit?
>>
>>257773675
>Acceptance
10/10
>>
>>257775070
Do you know what a red herring is? Did you believe Ness was cut in Brawl because of Until now? That Toon Link and Palutena were not playable because they were stage props? I'm sure you'll just pass these all off as nothing but they're most certainly valid points.
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 336x334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 336x334px
>>257774574
>mfw I post that
>>
>>257773816
It's simple. He isn't ready to be shown off yet. It's also the reason as to why we haven't seen Dark Pit on the Palutena stage.
>>
>>257775781
meta ridley

you can see the tip of the wing in the video, it's grey, not purple

ridley is in
>>
File: Ridley.webm (2MB, 1280x720px)
Ridley.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>257775464
>Link me the miiverse post, then.
I can do you one better. Sakurai made an entire 30 minute video, remember?
>>
>can apparently fly for over seven seconds
balance
>>
>>257775876
"Until now" was a translation error. You get the other two.
>>
>>257775924
Is he cosplaying as chie?
>>
>Implying Sakurai cares about Ridley
His boss in SSBB was a literal reskin of Dynablade. Go back and check, it's true.
>>
>>257775972
>THAT STIFF AS FUCK MOVEMENT
Stage Hazard confirmed.
>>
>>257775965
It's the tip of the tail. It's Other:M Ridley's tail.
>>
>>257775954
Why show the "waves" of the item catching Fox, then?

>>257775972
Can you post the miiverse post with him naming and showing Ridley, though?
>>
>>257775784

>Like Pit?

Pit doesn't fly that long.
>>
>>257775972
>people think this shadow is of a playable character
>shadow itself is three times the size of Pikachu
>no other playable character constantly hovers
>"boss character" in big bold text beneath him
>>
>>257775876
>Did you believe Ness was cut in Brawl because of Until now?
Did you seriously believe that that was intentional and not a problem of wording/translation
>>
>>257775876
>Palutena statue in a temple dedicated to her meant she was deconfirmed
That is pretty stupid man.
>>
>>257776113
I don't know that meme.
>>
>>257775781
He didn't say that stage has a boss character appearance at all. He just mentioned it coyly while showing the stage.

He didn't even say that the flyer was a boss character.

He didn't say that the flyer was Ridley (although that part is debated by nobody).

All these things are being assumed.
>>
This is truly the meme that never ends.
Can we send the ridleyfags to [s4s] and contain them there with the rest of the cancer?
>>
>>257775085
You know what red herring and white lie is, right? These aren't some new age ideas either, they've been around for some time.
>>
>>257775784
Did he really fly that long in Brawl? Either way, he doesn't fly so good now and it's safe to say Sakurai's done with it.
>>
>>257776168
>Can you post the miiverse post
Why though? Who doesn't the Direct count? Was the rest of it a big lie too?
>>
File: dEul4Tz.png (355KB, 1024x529px) Image search: [Google]
dEul4Tz.png
355KB, 1024x529px
>>257775965
It's Other M's Ridley model.
>>
>>257775972
LOOK AT THE MOVEMENT
LOOK AT HOW THE SHADOW MOVES
THAT SHIT IS NOT PLAYABLE AND YOU KNOW IT
>>
File: 1405602260406.jpg (57KB, 636x338px) Image search: [Google]
1405602260406.jpg
57KB, 636x338px
>>257766613
Palutena, his new favorite child
>>
Where the hell are you faggots getting the idea that gliding has been removed altogether? Sakurai said the glide at the end of metaknights up special had been removed, not the entire mechanic
Fucking retards
>>
>>257776423
>he doesn't fly so good now
Why would someone shoot an angel before throwing him out of a plane?
>>
>>257776539
That's really obviously not scripted movement.
>>
File: ss+(2014-08-13+at+05.10.05).png (14KB, 353x112px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2014-08-13+at+05.10.05).png
14KB, 353x112px
I came here to talk about how unlikely Ridley is but I think I've received a sign.

It's happening
>>
>>257776602
I get it. Nice impression of what Ridleyfags sound like.
>>
>>257776554
that's not brawl gliding
that's falling with style
>>
>>257776602
WATCH
THE
DIRECT
>>
File: 1400900378326.png (763KB, 864x486px) Image search: [Google]
1400900378326.png
763KB, 864x486px
>>257774940
>large appearance
About that.
>>
>>257776423
>he doesn't fly so good
Was saying this phrase part of your plan?
>>
>>257776016
It was not, actually. Japanese version said the same thing.
>>
>>257776638

He's got a lotta loyalty for a newcomer.
>>
Robin
>>
>>257776113
>not remember the Drake and Josh episode where Drake played one of Josh's videogames and became obsess with a character named Chie, calling her his 'waifu' and rejecting all of the real girls who wanted to date him
>>
File: MM.jpg (95KB, 523x515px) Image search: [Google]
MM.jpg
95KB, 523x515px
>>257776446
Dunno, but you keep not posting Sakurai naming and showing him.
Like this.
>>
>>257775784
Yeah, considering he doesn't do that anymore. They've gone out of their way to demonstrate that they've removed the ability to fly or glide from characters that previously had it in Brawl.

And people are saying that a giant boss character who was shown flying for an extended period of time during a segment about boss characters is not only playable but features a gimmick that was explicitly removed.
>>
>>257776554
Fuck, I hate SHAFT's design of Palutena. Sakura should have Madhouse animate that smash trailer, or something.
>>
>>257776602
>not the entire mechanic
But he HAS removed gliding. In Brawl, Charizard, Pit and Metaknight could all do it. It's gone now.

Do note, people are talking about the special mechanic that let those character glide like without using any jumps. Metaknight's shuttle loop glide is also gone, and though it functioned identically when it came to controls, it wasn't strictly part of the gliding mechanic.
>>
>>257776016
Nope, said the exact same thing in moon. Look it up if you don't believe it, or translate it yourself, it was most certainly intended.
>>
>He didn't explicitly say he wasn't a fighter, so he might be a fighter!
It's not like he might be yanking on the collective chains of the ridleyfags or anything.
No, he would never do anything like that.
>>
>>257776830
>Characters announced on the website are fighters
There's no Ridley here.
>>
>>257776738
Are you really thick or just pretending to be
>>
>>257766613
>and gives it to...
Fucking nobody, Sakurai removed gliding altogether because it made it way too easy to recover
>>
>>257777081
There's no G&W and IC either.
>>
>>257776738

This reminds me of those /fit/ threads where posters use bullshit trigonometry to prove that posters are 4 feet tall.
>>
>>257777078
He definitely is.

The point is that he's yanking everyone's chains.
>>
>>257777078
I agree, he would never do that.

I can believe Sakurai could inadvertently lead people on, but he never fucks with people maliciously. /v/ gets asshurt over shit like the Takamaru update, but that's seriously light-hearted and was up-front about disconfirming him.
>>
File: 1407863059278.jpg (87KB, 820x764px) Image search: [Google]
1407863059278.jpg
87KB, 820x764px
>>257776738
Where does it say a boss character has to be huge?
>>
>thinking movesets/abilities are taken away and given to others
in b4 some faggot thinks Sheik's grenades are the same as Snake's
>>
Sakurai, please reveal the Ridley stage hazard. End this madness. No one wants Other M Ridley to be playable anyway.
>>
>>257776695
Yeah, because flying to one spot, hovering there for a few seconds, and then flying away is definitely not something a flying boss would do and is in no way scripted.

It's not like both forms of Ridley did that in Brawl, or anything.
>>
>>257777395
He definitely is not.
This entire meme, and it is a meme, has been based on the fact he was a bit coy about it when Ridley showed up when they were talking about stage hazards.
The joke has gone on for way, way too long.
>>
>>257775509
He didn't fly down or up, he came in from the right side and went left. You know another character that can stay in the air for a long ass time? Princess Peach

Before you retort with:
>but the shadow would have changed size if it was descending like Peach!
Shadows in Smash stay 1:1 the size of the character regardless of distance from the light source. Ridleys floating animation would make sense to be him flapping his wings, and he's also seen jumping at the last second of the clip in the video. Looked similar to Charizards jump, actually.
>>
When Ridley gets confirmed you guys are going to be so mad and I'm going to love it
>>
>>257777615
Shieks grenades are closer to Zamus' side B. And Megaman's down Smash is like Squirtle Up Smash.
>>
>>257777663
That's right.
>>
File: ridleyfans.jpg (196KB, 608x455px) Image search: [Google]
ridleyfans.jpg
196KB, 608x455px
Every thread the denial gets stronger.
And the worse part? When the game releases and Ridley isn't in it, people will shitpost for years about how much the roster sucks because he's not a character.
>>
>>257767957
Except Ridley doesn't burst out of a hole in Other M, he's already in the area and makes his entrance by rising up from below the platform. That hole is the one he makes when escaping Samus after the fight.

There is no 100% conclusive proof either way of Ridley's role. It's been more than a year and Sakurai has still not shown him in full or even mentioned his name. If he was nothing but a stage hazard he'd have been shown as one by now, especially when every single other stage has had their hazards shown and described.
>>
>>257775689
Yeah dude Sakurai is totally taking an entire year to wait and show off a boss that nobody would be surprised to see as a boss because he's totally an epic dick and stuff and he's just waiting for le ebicopalypse boss reveal!
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (14KB, 353x112px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
14KB, 353x112px
>>257776698

shut the fuck up you idiot
>>
>>257777772
>The joke has gone on for way, way too long.

You were one of those guys who thought people were only pretending to enjoy horse show as a joke, right?

>ha ha, okay guys, that was fun
>wait, why are you still talking about it? i-it was just a joke g-guys
>>
>>257778014
I would do that if I was him. We deserve it.
>>
>>257778014
>Yeah dude Sakurai is totally taking an entire year to wait and show off a boss
Just like the last one, yeah
>>
>>257777615
It happened for Soulcalibur. They added Kratos in the PSP game Broken Destiny, then for SCV gave a lot of his moves to Lizardman. That's why Lizardman spontaneously grows wings in SCV, they're the Wings of Icarus from God of War.

>but what does that have to do with Smash???
Namco-Bandai.
>>
>>257777863
I'd say the denial on the detractors side is just as strong. He could be playable or just a boss. The detractors just don't see the hypocrisy that's staring them in the face.
>>
I'd like to see a 3v1 mode where everyone tries to beat a player-controlled boss like Master Hand, Giga Bowser, Ridley, etc. It would be an interesting change of pace and allow for lots of otherwise novelty characters to be playable.
>>
Gliding's been removed for every character

Sakurai said during the Direct
>>
File: 1401229767686.png (151KB, 208x326px) Image search: [Google]
1401229767686.png
151KB, 208x326px
>>257777616
It will never end. If he's deconfirmed, Ridleyfags will burst out sperging, anti-Ridleyfags will use the ebin btfo maymay, then it will be wishing for Ridley to be playable in the next game.
>>
>>257778014

Sakurai thinks people will be legit excited about Ridley being a stage hazard. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>257778130
Oh, a boss was teased for a year before it was revealed? Please enlighten me with actual dates.
>>
>>257778253
D L C
>>
>>257776738
Ridley is skinny as fuck, of course a top-down shadow would be narrow
look at the size of his fucking wings though
and the fact that the tip of his tail was the size of fucking pikachu
>>
>>257778360
Nintendo is too retarded to do that.
>>
>>257778171
What about a 4v1 mode where the boss player uses the Gamepad?
>>
File: That Asswoe.jpg (3KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
That Asswoe.jpg
3KB, 300x57px
>>257776698
Nope
>>
>>257775972
>Other boss apearances
>Shows pikachu

RED'S PIKACHU COMFIRMED FOR BOSS
PIKACHUFAGS BLOW THE FUCK OUT
>>
>>257777773
>A heavy character taller and thicker than Bowser with Peach mobility
That is too broken. Why would want that, why would you think that it is balanced in anyway. Everyone would hate him and ban him. What would be the point of a having character like that to begin with
>>
>>257778360
>D L C
I'm sure a lot of fanbases will beg for that, but Ridley obviously can't be DLC if he's a boss.
>>
>>257778431
The tip of his tail wasn't the size of Pikachu, it was right in front of the camera. Do you run around screaming that giant alien thumbs are attacking when you accidentally take a photo with your thumb in the way? Wings are irrelevant, they're in the z-axis and not important to hit or hurtboxes unless using them to attack. Next.
>>
>>257778130
10 months, actually, and the difference is that Yellow Devil would never have been playable anyway. For one, third parties get one playable character each. For two, we saw Yellow Devil in the flesh at the end of Mega Man's trailer, not a shadow. For three, Yellow Devil had several PotDs between the trailer and the Direct with characters interacting with him. And the same goes for the other boss hazards and stage hazards in general.

Ridley? Not even a name drop. Four seconds of a herky-jerky manlet shadow that does nothing and two offhand remarks in more than a year.
>>
Even if Ridley is playable, it'll be his awful Other M design. No matter what, Ridleyfags lose.
>>
>>257778593
He's not heavy, he's quite light actually. He's strong but easy to KO. A glass canon. You need to balance being in the air for max damage but have to land eventually, and since he's not as strong or fast on land as in the air he's easier to ko. It's a very give and take character.
>>
>>257778667
We already talked about this. Other M Ridley can be a boss if the Original Ridley is something else. There are two Ridleys.
>>
>>257778303
>talks about how surprised he was at Ridley's popularity and demand to be PLAYABLE after Brawl was made
>"Hurr all these people like Ridley, i wonder why, maybe they like him being a hazard, I'll do that again, hyuk hyuk!"

I don't know what's worse, your stupidity level or your assumption that Sakurai is as stupid as you are.
>>
>>257778667
No actually they don't. The tail is Other Ms but the body is lanky and not bulky at all. No duckbill either so it looks more like traditional Ridley. He's a composite Ridley.
>>
File: dixie-kong-spin.gif (4KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
dixie-kong-spin.gif
4KB, 100x100px
>>257766613

Dixie Kong
>>
>>257778952
but people use OM ridley to show that he could be playable
SM ridley is too skinny, even PM couldn't do anything with him
>>
File: retard.png (101KB, 187x277px) Image search: [Google]
retard.png
101KB, 187x277px
>>257778162
>I'd say the denial on the detractors side is just as strong.

This is the face of denial.
>Evidence for Ridley being playable: Absolutely none
>Evidence for Ridley being a stage boss: Specifically shown in the portion of the Direct dedicated to stage bosses, Pyrosphere having a stage boss has been hinted at since the initial Miiverse announcement, Pyrosphere being the same location where you fight the Ridley boss in Other M, was a boss in the previous Smash Bros game
>>
>>257778627
>they're in the z-axis and not important
Sorry to break it to you but giant fucking wings that would take up a fuck ton of space and be very fucking distracting
>>
>>257779152
Yes I'm sure that a bunch of totally awesome epic hackers who aren't professionals and have a large team of programmers are the be all end all regarding Ridley and if he can work.
>>
>>257778873
The air game is very important in Smash Bros. Its is more important than the ground game. That is why little mac is balanced, He is always at a disadvantage. The Ridley you described, not so much. Since every characters air game has been weakened in this game due to landing lag. Ridley will always be at advantage over everyone else. Unless his jumping animation is super slow. Landing will never be an issue for him
>>
File: 1393551554212.png (695KB, 1280x578px) Image search: [Google]
1393551554212.png
695KB, 1280x578px
>>257779152
This is true. Classic Ridley is rather too long-limbed and lanky to work well as a playable character. Other M Ridley has far better proportions.

Plus Sakurai tends to use the same look for all of the reps from a franchise, barring Toon Link. If Ridley is playable he'll be Other M Ridley or a composite that looks a lot like MOM Ridley to match Samus and Pyrosphere.
>>
File: Pyrosphere FD.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Pyrosphere FD.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>257767172
lemme clear this up.

Pyrosphere is teased all the time, but we can't play on it and Sakurai says fucking nothing about it.

So an anon kept his eyes peeled and was looking for a hint of Ridley in ANY of the pics of the day.

Found shit.

Also found the FD version wasn't shown.

then came april and he snapped Pic Related.

Lack of a lava flow seemed interesting as this was the "No hazard no item for glory" mode.

the theory was that Rising lava was the hazard, if there was a hazard.

but then >>257767172 was posted as a for glory shot as well on the website, the HD version leaked in a press release package.

the problem is that even in the "old" and new versions of the no fun variation, the holes are still there.

Why not have him bust out of them? Surely a simple poof cloud could cover the debris and be the transition between two textures.

I mean, many of the stages flat out change from one version to another, why slack on what Sakurai seems to feel is one of his favorite stages?
>>
File: 1359409747091.jpg (14KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1359409747091.jpg
14KB, 250x250px
>>257779152
>SM ridley is too skinny, even PM couldn't do anything with him
Is that what this is about? PMfags upset at the idea their hacked mod isn't as versatile as an entire team of actual developers with their own, non-stolen game?
>>
>>257779323
>Specifically shown
Wrong already. His shadow was teased, nothing was specifically shown. Please argue correctly if you intend to argue at all.

You're also ignoring how different Ridley is being handled compared to every other single thing in Smash. Next.
>>
File: Yellow devil confirmed.png (2MB, 2151x968px) Image search: [Google]
Yellow devil confirmed.png
2MB, 2151x968px
>>257778320
What do I win

>>257778631
>the difference is that Yellow Devil would never have been playable anyway.
I can literally reach out and touch the irony hanging in the air
>>
File: Metroid_ridley.jpg (11KB, 228x195px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid_ridley.jpg
11KB, 228x195px
>>257779437
Shrink them down to the 2-D Ridleys' proportions.

Problem solved.
>>
>>257779323
All your evidence for him being a stage boss is just evidence that Sakurai is fucking with us.
>>
>>257779628
I'm saying, these guys managed to bring back Mewtwo and recreate all of his animations, but for them, Ridley is too big.
>>
>>257778952

They're the same character. They are not going to make two Ridleys, that is retarded.
>>
>>257779789
>they can copy what the game already did, but they can't actually create something new
No shit?
>>
>>257779653
>You're also ignoring how different Ridley is being handled compared to every other single thing in Smash. Next.

Absence of evidence isn't evidence you retard.
>>
>>257779768
yeah but guess what
the wings on the shadow don't look shrunken down at all
they are still fucking gigantic when you look at how far they expand (even from the top-down point of view we see them in) and how fucking massive they would be on a model
>>
>>257779614
Because if Ridley is a stage hazard boss, he's going to be going in and out of that hole multiple times over a long match. Having the hole he goes through always be there makes it always the same deal: he comes out the hole, he goes back in the hole.
>>
>>257779767
Of course you'd ignore everything else I said in order to make a dipshit quip.
>>
File: Mystery_Creature.png (926KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mystery_Creature.png
926KB, 1280x720px
Ridley is in but there is a hook
>>
>Meta Ridley: "SKREEEE!" ("Leave it to me!")
>>
>>257779767
i like how he's visible in the teaser
>>
>>257778984

He's a game developer. He's proud of his work and excited to show off what his game has to offer. He is not bound by fan demands for a character who is too large to work.
>>
>>257779941
Either way, my original point is that Super Metroid Ridley is too skinny, so if anyone's going to be the stage boss, it's him. OM Ridley is his only way of getting in as a playable character.
>>
>>257778952
Yet they bothered to replace Toon Link with Alphonse when Toon Link is playing despite there being many Toon Links
>>
>>257775509
>Lucario
Perfect
>>
>>257778069
Liking ponies is one thing, but going on and on about something because of Sakurai being coy is another entirely.
>>
>>257780052
>>
>>257779789
A lot of coding for Mewtwo was left in Brawl from development.
>>
>>257779901
I agree. Hell, the original point is identifying Other M Ridley in the Direct video and saying "looking at this footage, I think he's playable", it doesn't make any sense to wind your argument back to "well that's BOSS Ridley, not PLAYABLE Ridley"
>>
>>257780052
Yes, and completely immobile as well as dropping down from the sky and 3x as large as Bowser.

It was always obvious that he was shown as a stage boss/hazard/whatever.

And it's not like Sakurai would think Ridley as a stage boss is a huge deal. He was in boss run already.
>>
>>257779767
Dear faggot.

We got a full view of the Yellow Devil on July 1st, 2013.
>>
>>257779776
>All your evidence for him being a stage boss is just evidence that Sakurai is fucking with us.

Ridleyfags, ladies and gentlemen:
Sad pathetic fucks in denial latching onto crazy conspiracy theories.
>>
>>257779980
Considering the shadow's at an angle, they weren't that big. And they can be closed and folded to his body when he's on the ground.
>>
Honestly, why do you fucks care so much about ridley? He's just a big gay dragon.
>>
>>257780294

I'm not even a Ridleyfag, but dat ad hominem
>>
I'm pretty indifferent to Ridley being in or not, but the ongoing discussion amuses me

It'll be a great day when this game finally hits the shelves and it's revealed whether he's playable or not, and it's going to be the greatest shitstorm of all time no matter who wins

it's going to be perfect
>>
So speaking of "other boss characters"

Who else do you think will show up? I have a feeling that maybe the Mario Galaxy stage will have one.
>>
>>257780442

We care about him so much because we care about him so much.
>>
>>257780267
We got a full view of Yellow Devil on June 11th, 2013, actually. The later screenshots came with a similar amount of explanation as to what he did: none.

This time, we were given a rough idea of Ridley's function (other boss character appearances) but the specifics, like his appearance, were again withheld.
>>
>>257779525
That really sucks. I would not be happy at all with Other M Ridley being playable. I'd rather have Furby Ridley.
>>
File: Pic of the Day July 1st 2013.png (428KB, 805x452px) Image search: [Google]
Pic of the Day July 1st 2013.png
428KB, 805x452px
>>257779767
>>257780267

CORRECT

We got an actual pic of the Yellow Devil less than a month after the tease.
>>
>>257779901
>>
>>257780629
It seems like it's just because "Sakurai said no :("
>>
>>257780442
>Honestly, why do you fucks care so much about bowser? He's just a big gay turtle.

>Honestly, why do you fucks care so much about ganon? He's just a big gay nigger.

>Honestly, why do you fucks care so much about dedede? He's just a big gay penguin.

>Honestly, why do you fucks care so much about wolf? He's just a big gay wolf.
>>
Honestly, anything could happen.

Literally any character might possibly be shown as playable. We haven't seen any "jokes" yet, such as ROB or Jigglypuff or whatever. Ridley, Master Hand, Master Chief... I don't think you can say either way for anything.
>>
>>257780243
Not much. All of his animations had to be recreated, since Lucario, the character PM based him off of, barely had anything in common.
>>
File: Kracko.jpg (99KB, 720x551px) Image search: [Google]
Kracko.jpg
99KB, 720x551px
>>257780578
I want a Kracko to be a boss or at least an assist trophy
>>
>>257780578
Viridi, Dark Pit, or Hades for Skyloft/Reset Bomb Factory
Tribal Andross from DKCReturns for whatever DK stage we get, or K Rool if Gangplank Galleon happens

I'm glad not every stage has a boss, that shit would get old real fast
>>
>>257780578
Bowser Jr in his ship thing?
>>
File: Kraid.gif (233KB, 210x303px) Image search: [Google]
Kraid.gif
233KB, 210x303px
>ridleyfags think their giant lizard is going to be in
>not pic related
>>
>>257780696
that was after DK was a playable character in two games.
>>
>>257780696
That's the playable DK's grandpa.
>>
>>257780110
He also never EVER mentioned Ridley's size when he spoke about him. That meme was created by /v/. If Ridley's too big, so is Ganondorf, yet Sakurai decided to shrink him down for Smash.

Your assumption is still faulty and stupid because you're saying Sakurai is so out of touch with he real world or is just so stupid he's unaware of Ridley's demand despite the fact he explicitly talked about it and his surprise at it, as well as assuming that Sakurai only wants to make a big deal out of this one little thing in a game full of huge changes and additions that he's showing left and right.
>>
>Antifags not realizing we've gotten nothing but anime characters , no villains
>not knowing what a deconfirmtation is
>not knowing Sakurai lives to ruse

You guys are dumber than a sack of rocks. Really.
>>
>>257780740
>We haven't seen any "jokes" yet, such as ROB or Jigglypuff or whatever.

Wii Fit Trainer
>>
>>257780956
That's the point. Not the same DKs, not the same Ridleys.
>>
Metroid had no characters besides Samus except for several bosses

and they're all fucking huge, so "other boss characters might appear" is the most reps Metroid could get in Smash

Metroid as a franchise has so few possible reps, they actually in all seriousness have Samus twice, taking up two slots
>>
>>257781017
define anime character
>>
File: tumblr_mu1fk9fXxx1sw8d3mo5_400.jpg (55KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mu1fk9fXxx1sw8d3mo5_400.jpg
55KB, 400x240px
>>257780956
Still "Donkey Kong".

>>257780934
>>
File: 1298908598726.jpg (9KB, 229x261px) Image search: [Google]
1298908598726.jpg
9KB, 229x261px
>>257781071

Good point, but I hesitate to call her a joke when Wii Fit is a gigantic, modern-day series for them. You could go either way on that one.
>>
File: 13729402225_8d62b23cc2_o.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
13729402225_8d62b23cc2_o.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>257772807
>>257772918

here, have a full view.
>>
>>257780979
Ganondorf doesn't effortlessly pick Link up with one hand and fly him around.
>>
>>257781017
>Sakurai is a rusemaster
>This is what Ridleyfags actually believe
>>
>>257780716
You're not wrong, you're just a giant fag.
>>
>>257781187
that was after toon link was playable.
besides, alfonzo
>>
>>257781187
>Forgetting "Leave it to me"
>>
>>257781112
There is a possible character that isn't Ridley, but she's an AT.
>>
File: 1299340469017.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1299340469017.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
>>257780032
>>
File: Mini_Kraid.png (348KB, 700x340px) Image search: [Google]
Mini_Kraid.png
348KB, 700x340px
>>257780908
>>
File: flame_choke_2.jpg (13KB, 250x197px) Image search: [Google]
flame_choke_2.jpg
13KB, 250x197px
>>257781203
>>
>>257780716
Honestly, this is a pretty big hint as to why Ridley fans are so insistent. People just want more villains to be playable.

And you know who wants to play as villains and bad guys? Edgelords and douchebags. Every fucking time.
>>
>>257781107

They are the same Ridleys. They have the exact same DNA and everything.
>>
File: 1393166747350.png (218KB, 800x395px) Image search: [Google]
1393166747350.png
218KB, 800x395px
>>257780656
Bowser and Ganondorf are fucking huge, too, yet they're playable. And no, don't try the proportions argument, you people always jump to that when HURR TOO BIG is proven wrong and it's just as bullshit because of Charizard.

Just admit that you don't want him in because of your personal opinions, because that's all it is.
>>
>>257781296
The first trailer showed playable Toon Link? Really?
>>
>>257781503
Holy fuck, is Ganondorf really that enormous?
>>
>>257781476

Nigga is falling.
>>
>>257781658
yes
>>
>>257781503
Charizard is CANONICALLY 5'11, you retard.
>>
>>257781340
oh right, Dark Samus COULD have worked, but then we would have THREE slots named Samus
>>
File: ridley is too big.png (86KB, 209x209px) Image search: [Google]
ridley is too big.png
86KB, 209x209px
>>257766613
Charizard.
>>
File: HeMustEatAlot.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
HeMustEatAlot.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>257781503
but you see there is a difference with how big ridley is and how big all the other characters are
>>
File: 1394850255912.jpg (15KB, 425x238px) Image search: [Google]
1394850255912.jpg
15KB, 425x238px
>>257781658
Yes. In OoT and TP he's at least twice Link's height.
>>
>>257781623
why would there be a newcomer and a boss at the same time in the same game.
>>
>>257781501
>Mewtwo is Mew because they have the same DNA
>Blood Falcon is Falcon because they have the same DNA
>>
>>257781503
This might be the strongest evidence against Ridley's size argument I've seen.
>>
File: 1342492719579.jpg (24KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1342492719579.jpg
24KB, 300x225px
>>257767172

>Other M stage in this game

FUCKING

DROPPED
>>
File: image.jpg (123KB, 640x423px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 640x423px
>>257781219
>Unfortunately ZSS won't be making it in this time... Nah, I'm only kidding
>the whole Meta-Knight stunt earlier this week
>the Toon Link ruse
>trolling the shit out of Chromfags
>still no word on Mr. G&W

Whether or not you think Ridley is in, it's a fucking fact Sakurai loves playing little jokes.
>>
>>257781503

Link isn't as tall as Samus, and Ganondorf's defining feature is not being a fucking huge beast who flies around the area. This is why you're not going to see Ganon as a character instead of a final smash.
>>
File: boss_ridley2.gif (39KB, 512x446px) Image search: [Google]
boss_ridley2.gif
39KB, 512x446px
>>257781503
>and it's just as bullshit because of Charizard.
Charizard isn't "2big" and he never was, he's five feet seven inches.

Meanwhile Ridley is at least twice as tall as Samus, who is 6'3".
>>
>>257781017
>not knowing Sakurai lives to ruse

Point me towards something he's done that could constitute an actual ruse. Not just a joke or something that had idiots convinced a character was deconfirmed, I mean an actual trick that was done to purposefully lead people to believe in something that was false.
>>
File: OTP.jpg (36KB, 400x309px) Image search: [Google]
OTP.jpg
36KB, 400x309px
>>257781897
also
>>
File: 4srs.png (767KB, 683x1195px) Image search: [Google]
4srs.png
767KB, 683x1195px
>>257781219
Yeah guys Sakurai has no sense of humor.
>>
>>257781915
Making the Greninja reveal look like Mewtwo.
>>
>>257781753
Ridley isn't even that big relative to Samus in their own games.

Also Olimar is like a fucking dime.
>>
File: size-295x300.png (119KB, 295x300px) Image search: [Google]
size-295x300.png
119KB, 295x300px
>>257781753
>>
File: 1393116117566.png (298KB, 639x303px) Image search: [Google]
1393116117566.png
298KB, 639x303px
>>257781705
"Proportions" means "Hurr his tail and limbs and neck are too long, he's so lanky and his dragon shape won't work!", which is always the next argument people use when size is debunked.

And Ridley an be the same size as Bowser for Smash and work perfectly fine.
>>
File: Mega Slowbro.png (80KB, 327x327px) Image search: [Google]
Mega Slowbro.png
80KB, 327x327px
>>257781869
Welcome to a year ago
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 355x236px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 355x236px
>tfw you just want Ridley to immediately be deconfirmed or confirmed
Why must Sakurai stretch out the fate of one of the most requested characters?
It's almost been a goddam year since the Pyrosphere was first shown.
>>
File: 1361897033377.png (13KB, 523x497px) Image search: [Google]
1361897033377.png
13KB, 523x497px
>>257781897
Other M retconed her into a womanlet.
>>
>>257782036
Except it didn't. Delusional meleefags saw what they wanted to see
>>
>>257781503
>And no, don't try the proportions argument
>This argument is invalid because it doesn't support my shitty argument!!!

Ganondorf is a tall man, much like Kirby and Olimar, he can easily be slightly resized.
Ridley is a giant dragon, you can resize him, but he will look like a midget dragon.

> just as bullshit because of Charizard
Charizard is 5'07", the same size as fucking LITTLE MAC
>>
>>257781897
>twice as tall
and that's sitting
>>
File: Ridley ref.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ridley ref.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>257774159

From what we gathered with the shadow, he seems to be more like his concept art proportions and seems to have a hooked beak.

Plus, seeing this form with the zero mission black and red colors is downright sex.
>>
>>257782079
great. now make him move.
>>
>>257781897
>>
File: 1407756834554.jpg (98KB, 300x330px) Image search: [Google]
1407756834554.jpg
98KB, 300x330px
>>257781883
>it's a fucking fact Sakurai loves playing little jokes.
Notice how in literally every one of those instances, he cleared it up almost immediately. And he said G&W was playable at the roundtable.

Meanwhile it's been four fucking months since we saw the shadow, and a year with Pyrosphere in general.
>>
>>257782036
That was just people being stupid. If you knew who Greninja was, then you should have known it was him by the time he made the gay little hand gesture.
>>
>>257782079

Isn't Samus already as tall as Bowser though? That would just look weird.
>>
I'm not really anti-ridley nor am I pro-ridley, but I really don't understand why so many people want him in the game.
>>
>>257782036
I never understood how anyone could even think something like that
>he starts clearly making a water ninja star
>barely looks like the shape of mewtwo
>ITS TOTALLY MEWTWO
>>
>>257782036
But Greninja silhouette looked nothing like Mewtwo. it had normal fingers, not bulbous ones, lacked a tail, was upside down, used ninja hand jestures, water element, nothing similar to Mewtwo at all really
>>
>>257781869
Holy shit talk about a Slowpoke.
>>
>>257781897
Muh instruction manuals
>>
>>257781503
But Charizard doesn't do shit to prove the proportion argument wrong, if anything it's what gives it its strength.

Charizard has tiny limbs and wings, and a thick body. He fits in perfectly fine. Ridley is thin as hell and his limbs are fucking huge. To scale Ridley down to be a proper size to be playable would make the actual bodysize of Ridley smaller than Charizard, and he would still have a longer reach.
>>
>>257781503
Why do you all assume we DON'T want Ridley in?

It's not a matter of preference, it's a fact that he's not playable, too bad, maybe next time when he shows up along with Doshin the Giant.

Unless bosses are playable, would you all be satisfied with that?
>>
>>257782031
See >>257782289

>>257782158
Even if we do take Other M as canon, she's still 5'5", and Ridley's still a big guy in comparison for her.
>>
>>257782278

That's Bowser after casting a spell to make himself larger. Plus, Mario is already short, so Bowser can be downsized and still seem true to scale. Not so with Ridley.
>>
File: mario_kart_8_bowser_artwork.png (723KB, 1200x666px) Image search: [Google]
mario_kart_8_bowser_artwork.png
723KB, 1200x666px
>>257782278
I can cherrypick, too.
>>
The problem with all of the arguments against Ridley is they're all shitty and don't make sense because they're made by people who hate Metroid to begin with.

We would all be better off if you would just admit "I don't want Ridley in Smash because I think Ridley is a faggot character for faggots" instead of spending all of this time on this retarded fucking arguments. It's all personal preference.
>>
File: rookie.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
rookie.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>257782278
>>
>>257782289
>G&W was playable at the roundtable

Pac-Man was, not G&W

The internet would have been all over that shit if G&W were 100% confirmed
>>
>>257781753
Olimar is the size of a quarter.
Kirby is 8" tall.
Pikachu is a foot tall, Charizard is 5'11", and Lucario is 3'3".
Bowser has been the size of Godzilla in several games.
Ganondorf has always been at least twice Link's height in the Zelda series.

Oh, would you look at that, all of them are not at those sizes in Smash Bros. It's almost like size and scale don't mean shit in smash Bros. Yet for whatever reason when it comes to Ridley you people demand that size and scale be faithfully followed.

I shouldn't even have to mention the wildly different scales and proportions in the stages, with the bus-sized great Fox and the Hobbit-scale Fourside and Saffron City.
>>
>>257782204
With his neck tucked in as much as possible, too.

>>257782278
Bowser's been shown to canonically be closer to Mario's height before. Ridley hasn't, he's always substantially bigger than Samus. Even were that not the case, there's the issue of proportions; Bowser's fairly "humanoid" whereas Ridley is a lanky, enormous, purple pterodactyl.

>>257782593
>And he said G&W was playable at the roundtable.
Reading isn't your forte, huh anon?
>>
>>257782579
Hopefully we get some music from Super Star Saga this time
>>
File: Daily Dose.jpg (91KB, 392x450px) Image search: [Google]
Daily Dose.jpg
91KB, 392x450px
>>257774940
>smash run boss

>Kraid was confirmed for Smash Run boss
>A character so fucking huge that ridley can perch on his shoulder like a parrot

oh, wait, you mean "big appearance" like in fanfare. Well wouldn't we be "happy" if he just showed him, not teased him and then said nothing?
>>
>>257782278
Bowser canonly uses powerstars, or osme other source of power, to change his size
stop being a retard
>>
>>257782614
>Kirby is 8" tall.
No he's not, Sakurai said this but it directly contradicts the games and should be taken with as much of a grain of salt as Sakamoto saying Samus is 5'5".
>>
>>257782614
It's because they hate Ridley to being with and will twist anything they can to fit their preexisting bias. It's not about thinking Ridley would work or not. It's purely 100% about liking/disliking the Metroid series. People are just creating things to fit the conclusion they already came to.
>>
File: bowser.png (152KB, 311x262px) Image search: [Google]
bowser.png
152KB, 311x262px
>>257782278
From the same game
>>
>>257782507
>and Ridley's still a big guy in comparison for her.
If I pulled of Samus' helmet would she die
>>
>>257781883
>Sakurai loves playing little jokes
Ridley isn't exactly what I'd call a little joke, anon.
>>
>>257773675
why is the edge of the wing white?
>>
The ONLY way I can see Ridley working is like this:

>starts stock off around Samus height
>dealing damage makes him grow and become more powerful

This solves the size issue, by making his true size available as a bonus for doing well during battle. This prevents his size from being "broken" or out of place, as one would have to work for it.
>>
>>257782289
People have also been waning Ridley in since Melee, 13 years ago. It's called building hype, retard.

Also, if G&W was mentioned so bluntly, where's his swatch on the site? And why didn't Sakurai outright show us any Ridley footage other than a fucking shadow?
>>
File: 1392999751725.gif (2MB, 820x433px) Image search: [Google]
1392999751725.gif
2MB, 820x433px
>>257782298
Wish granted.

>>257782242
Rosalina's as tall as Bowser, too. Ganondorf's gonna be as tall or taller than Bowser too, if Melee and Brawl are anything to go by.
>>
File: Damn right I'm gonna hit that.jpg (14KB, 498x320px) Image search: [Google]
Damn right I'm gonna hit that.jpg
14KB, 498x320px
>>257783035
>>
>>257783091
That's his tail
>>
>>257782545
>>257782880
Anyone who wants Ridley in the game knows nothing about Metroid, and has likely never even played a Metroid game. Why the fuck would they want a raped version of Ridley in, when the entire point of Ridley is to be huge and intimidating?
Ridley works best as a stage boss or Smash Run boss, because then he can appear like he does in his games: huge and ready to wreck your shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (93KB, 688x387px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 688x387px
>mfw the background
>>
>>257782739
He inadvertently confirmed Captain Falcon in the roundtable.

GW is obviously in, but he did not personally comment on him.
>>
File: sm3dw_bowsers-boss.jpg (96KB, 536x302px) Image search: [Google]
sm3dw_bowsers-boss.jpg
96KB, 536x302px
>>257782579
That's not Bowser, it even says in the filename. And a Mario bro is still as big as his goddamn head.

>>257782519
>Not so with Ridley
Why not?

>>257782739
>Even were that not the case, there's the issue of proportions; Bowser's fairly "humanoid" whereas Ridley is a lanky, enormous, purple pterodactyl.
What "issue"?

>>257782853
Let's have a normal Bowser, then.
>>
>>257783119
>Also, if G&W was mentioned so bluntly, where's his swatch on the site?
Maybe he doesn't want to give him a page at this point. Doesn't matter, Sakurai already confirmed him playable.
>>
>>257782965
yes

they did that in Other M and she died pretty much during the intro
>>
>>257782880
>It's because they hate Ridley to being with and will twist anything they can to fit their preexisting bias. It's not about thinking Ridley would work or not. It's purely 100% about liking/disliking the Metroid series. People are just creating things to fit the conclusion they already came to.
Im the guy who origianlly made that image here
Metroid prime trillogy is my favorite game
I originally wanted ridley playable in brawl
I wanted him in at the start of smash 4, but I eventually changed my mind
after the smash direct I thinks its obvious that he isnt in
not everyone is out to get you anon
I also made that image as a joke and way to many retards took it seriously
>>
>>257782869
Muh US instruction manuals

Muh independent amazon
>>
>>257783261
>Why the fuck would they want a raped version of Ridley in, when the entire point of Ridley is to be huge and intimidating?
If that's the case i feel bad for Zelda fans.
>>
>>257783304
>What "issue"?
Ridley's proportions wouldn't work. Even if you scaled him down, he would look awkward.
>>
>>257766613
OP is a faggot.
/thread
>>
>>257783136
Sitting duck for Luigi's Fire Uppercut and Jiggly's Rest
>>
>>257783314
You still havent given a source

Sakurai only said he added G&W in the trailer because he shared the same birthyear as Pac-Man. He didn't officially announce anything yet
>>
>>257783314
Good god, you're retarded.
>>
>>257782545
Agreed.

I doubt Ridley is playable, and there are plenty of decent arguments against his inclusion, but I swear anti-Ridleyfags always spout the dumbest shit in these threads. It's always made up criteria that's easily proven wrong by anyone with even a basic knowledge of Smash and Metroid.
>>
>>257783462

There's a reason why Pig Ganon isn't playable. (hint: he's too fucking huge compared to Ganondorf)
>>
>>257783474
Why?

And even if he did: so?
>>
>>257783304
You have never played superstar saga have you.
That is an amnesiac Bowser, who thinks he is a thief called Rookie.
>>
>>257783261
Ganondorf's already been raped, who cares if Ridley is raped, too. Know what else? All the villains in Smash can be beaten up and killed by a singing balloon. That's pretty sad and rapey as well.

It's a crossover party game, it has absolutely no effect on the canon of the original franchises, who gives a flying shit about Ridley not being huge and invincible and scary when none of the other villains are.
>>
File: Ridley taiilblade.jpg (2MB, 1600x1657px) Image search: [Google]
Ridley taiilblade.jpg
2MB, 1600x1657px
>>257775965

We all know it's Other M ridley in this shot.

or at least primarily based off of him much like Samus' armor.

the words say "Other Boss character appearances"

Sakurai says "Boss characters appear on other stages too, not just this one."

He doesn't Say Ridley and doesn't say pyrosphere.

The words at the bottom of the screen don't say Ridley or pyrosphere.

With the gliding mechanic when he was talking about pit, it upfront said "Gliding Removed".

No hint there.
>>
>>257783646
I'm joking anon. SSS is best GBA game.
>>
>>257783261
Contrary to popular belief Smash isn't a super serious story with important and consistent lore that ties into the series it draws from. It's a goofball crossover party punch up where everything is tweaked to fit. If you don't want to play as a tweaked Ridley then fine, but Ridley isn't defined by size alone and most fans would love to seem him represented in Smash as a playable character and are happy for the usual modifications to be made for that to happen.

If you don't like Ridley that much then fine, don't play as him. But stop being a selfish fun hating faggot at the very least, he shouldn't be denied a spot because YOU don't like him.
>>
>>257783091
If you pause it you see that its actually like insect wings.

So either meta ridley or they didnt attach the frame of the wings.
>>
>>257783106
That's idiotic. His size is broken because it would be a DRAWBACK because it makes him a bigger target in free-for-alls. It also means his head and wings could clip through low platforms.
>>
File: gratuitusly massive.jpg (112KB, 685x600px) Image search: [Google]
gratuitusly massive.jpg
112KB, 685x600px
>>257776119
man I remember that... he was fuck easy...

At least meta Ridley was more original... when it wasn't glitching out with shoddy platform detection.
>>
>>257783483
Same as Bowser, DK, Dedede, and Ganondorf, then. Big characters always have that problem.

If the tail's the concern, it can always be held close to his body and left out of hitboxes and hurtboxes until he uses it, and something with higher priority can damage him through it. There are ways around every problem, if one takes the time to figure them out.
>>
File: Ganon.jpg (53KB, 599x336px) Image search: [Google]
Ganon.jpg
53KB, 599x336px
>>257783630
He's only huge in OoT and TP, everywhere else he's about Bowser sized. Keep in mind that's kid Link.

The only reason Ganondorf was chosen was because he had a similar body type to Falcon. That was seriously the reason Sakurai gave, and said if it weren't for that he wouldn't be in the game at all.
>>
File: 1401236681055.png (3KB, 184x172px) Image search: [Google]
1401236681055.png
3KB, 184x172px
>>257766613
Ridley is never gonna get in.

Cmon guys, just, let it go.
>>
>>257783851
I agree anon, if you can choose a song to be represented what would it be?
I would choose Popple's theme or Teehee Valley
>>
We need an aerial fighter, Like one that is based on air attacks and movility, like a reverse little mac
>>
>>257783908

Not a big deal, he could also get bigger reach. Clipping is a bigger issue probably, and even that is present with a bunch of other characters, as seen in the picture of the days.
>>
File: I'll still fit in.png (242KB, 1187x825px) Image search: [Google]
I'll still fit in.png
242KB, 1187x825px
>>257775165
ALWAYS
FOREVER
>>
>>257783450
>after the smash direct I thinks its obvious that he isnt in

After Spirit Train and Palutena's Temple were first shown it was obvious Toon Link and Palutena weren't going to be playable.
>>
>>257784174
It was also because a lot of people want Ganondorf
>>
>>257784493
>Palutena's Temple
This has ALWAYS been absolutely retarded. You're a retard for even repeating it.
>>
>>257784493
>Palutena's Temple

Everybody and they mother expected Palutena the moment she wasn't Pit smash anymore.

You have a point about Toon Link
>>
Peoples refusal to accept that Ridley would be possible demonstrates an extreme lack of faith in Sakurai and his team, an extreme lack of imagination and an extreme lack of understanding with regards to the possible limitations of Smash.

For example when did Sakurai ever say there can never be a character bigger than Bowser? Little Mac has a totally unique UI element in the form of a power meter, Ice Climbers is two independent people. Exceptions are made to make characters work or to make them more fun. The rules of what is and isn't okay are not defined by you people, they are defined by the dev team.
>>
>>257784493
I still don't understand the Palutena example. It is a temple dedicated to her why wouldn't it have statues of her. Also it has statues of her in Uprising.
>>
>>257784667
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADRUqFsnb25cQ
>>
>>257783282
Drasna's E4 room has dragon statues.
>>
>>257784882
Yeah, the statue is watching over everyone. How did you misunderstand that.
>>
>>257784882
A fucking statue means fucking nothing. That's more retarded than the people who thought Meta Knight was deconfirmed on Monday.
>>
>>257785024
He's talking about Axew and Garchomp, not the statues.
>>
>>257784357
Those two are pretty good. Though i'm a sucker for final boss themes, so try to guess jt...

Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no6i1vryT9E
>>
Let's say Sakurai wants to put a new Metroid character in Smash4.

Who do you think he'll put in the game?
>>
WHY THE FUCK DO PEOPLE EVEN WANT TO PLAY AS A PURPLE DRAGON? WHERE DID ALL THE HYPE COME FROM? WHY NOT ANOTHER MILLION NINTENDO CHARACTERS? WHAT IS THE POINT?
>>
File: Ridley laying around.jpg (405KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Ridley laying around.jpg
405KB, 1600x900px
>>257777881
To be fair, Ridley was in the arena before Samus got there, the long, wide hole is the one he made getting in.

The lava spout is where samus blew a hole in the wall to drain the lava into the lower chamber and to light the dark ass place up after the bridge to the doorway was blown up by Ridley's fire breath.

After the fight and Ridley playing dead and one last ditch attack by both samus and Ridley, he blows his fire at another part of the wall and slams through it to escape, which is the circular hole higher up.

The stage is literally set up like the battle has already happened.
>>
File: whymeohwhy.jpg (126KB, 650x555px) Image search: [Google]
whymeohwhy.jpg
126KB, 650x555px
>>257776802
>>
>>257785137
That's a Hydreigon you silly willy.
>>
>>257766613
10/10
>>
>>257785167
Anthony Higgs
>>
>>257784493
I didn't even state "ridleys clearly not in or anything"
all I said was that I didn't think he was in
I wasn't even trying to start an argument
but someone decided to argue against a small statement I made anyways
I hate smash threads
>>
>>257785167
The one that's not a one-game wonder, is the third-most recognizable character from the series, and has been hugely wanted since Melee. i.e. Ridley.

Rundas and Sylux have good-sized fanbases, but they're minor characters in the grand scheme of things. People only care about Anthony because of "Remembuh me?!", and Adam Malkovich has nothing to warrant being playable. Dark Samus is an AT.
>>
>>257785138
Either one of Cackletta's themes are great choices. Good taste
>>
File: HalfTurret.jpg (37KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
HalfTurret.jpg
37KB, 600x500px
>>257785167
Mother fucking Weavel.

Rundas and Sylux are acceptable alternatives.
>>
>>257775972
......idk guys, thats a huge hang time for a character.
I really really really really want him to be in but I dont want to set my self up for disappointment
>>
>>257785575
I dunno since Lucina, anything is possible
>>
>>257785167
The Baby Metroid
literally rip him from mugen
>>
>>257785176
Because people want another rep from the Metroid series, and Ridley is easily the best option (and arguably the only real other choice).
Plus it'd help dilute the humanoid sword-fighters who seem to be piling up in the games.
>>
File: ssbb_ridley.jpg (57KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ssbb_ridley.jpg
57KB, 640x360px
>mfw every argument for ridley applies to kraid
>mfw neither will be playable
>>
>>257766613
How pissed would you be if sakurai put in kraid instead of ridley?
>>
>>257783282
>Axew
>Garchomp
>Dragonite

Oh shit, are we gonna see Pokemon that correspond to each room in every room? What Types did the Elite Four use in XY?
>>
>>257786008
Fire, Water, Dragon, Steel

Probably won't be that interesting, but some extra X/Y pokemon in the background never hurts
>>
>>257786008
Dragon
Water
Steel
Fire
>>
>>257785734
I really hope that Rundas' theme is in Smash 4. One of the best boss themes in Metroid history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nMFLquJeCc
>>
>>257785802
But Lucina is a hugely popular character from a hugely popular game.
>>
>>257786275
Definitely.

Never forget.
>>
>>257785987
not at all

Kraid's Lair has the best theme song
>>
>>257786321
Yeah but she was only in 1 game and isn't even the main character, really anyone can be in smash
>>
>>257786204
>>257786151
>Water
Blastoise
Feraligator
Walrein

>Steel
Aegislash
Steelix
Excadrill

>Fire
Mega-Houndoom
Torkoal
Magmortar
>>
>>257785987
Well considering I posted this >>257780908
i'd be pretty not mad
>>
>>257786487
The fact that for a large portion of the game she is literally Marth helps since basically no unique dev time had to be spent including her aside from a model and an afternoons hitbox goofing. And Lucina is really, really popular in nippon.
>>
>>257773358
Did you fail English class every year of your life?
>>
>>257781753
I always wondered why they made Dedede fuckhuge when they could have made him just "big enough" like Olimar.
>>
I just really want him in because he's cool and I think he'd be great to play as.
Also, to shut everybody up.

But that shadow... I don't know. I don't like how it's floating for all that time.
>>
File: Galacta Knight.jpg (118KB, 660x600px) Image search: [Google]
Galacta Knight.jpg
118KB, 660x600px
>>257781497
>not playing as a bad guy

What are you, some white knight?
>>
>>257786784
She would have had the same amount of dev time if chrom was a clone or if they brought back that one guy from melee.
>>
>>257775781
It is Ridley. I'm saying it's a red herring and that Ridley is possibly playable.
>>
>>257787278
But Chrom isn't a clone and nobody likes Roy.
>>
>>257781753
this is such a radically inaccurate scale it's absurd
>>
Fucking Ridley fags
HURRDURR PALUTENA STATUE MEANS DECONFIRM
You already have a somewhat valid point with Toon Link, why even bring up something that is so obviously, retardedly wrong?
>>
File: 1407473723582.png (19KB, 409x347px) Image search: [Google]
1407473723582.png
19KB, 409x347px
Can Sakurai please just tell us what Ridley is?

I'm tired of these threads, and I just want someone to get 'BTFO' so we can get this over with.
>>
>>257787468
Chrom could easily have been a marth clone or leif, or lyn, or Siguard or Eliwood.

It didn't have to be Lucina but it was, it's anyone's game now
>>
>>257781753
I always look at this image trying to see if someone's hidden Olimar somewhere.
>>
>>257788105
But making those characters a Marth clone would be disingenuous to them. Lucina was literally Marth in her game for almost half of it.
>>
>>257787967
He already told us what Ridley is.

He just hasn't told us it's Ridley.
>>
>>257788105
She was initially going to be an alt costume but she had some differences in her attacks so they just made her a separate character entirely.
>>
File: Ridley perched.jpg (9KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
Ridley perched.jpg
9KB, 275x183px
>>257782036
I actually just thought it was gonna be some ninja-ish trainer making Charizard Mega evolve with the amulet, but then FROG.

I was happily surprised.

>>257782204
>>257782739
Ridley tends to be in this position a lot. he perches like a bird or gargoyle and walks usually on all fours, only remaining on his rear limbs if he's doing an attack.
>>
>>257776140
Actuallly stage hazards, bosses, etc have scripted smooth movements. The stiff movments are in favor of playable Ridley.
>>
>>257781746
Charizard is about the size of a 15 or 16 year old human.
>>
>>257781143
Anyone he doesn't like
>>
>>257776250
Bowser is three times the size of Pikachu and Peach can hover for a long time.
>>
>>257788743
If you're a manlet, yeah.
>>
File: Ridley grab.png (533KB, 884x636px) Image search: [Google]
Ridley grab.png
533KB, 884x636px
>>257782298
here is a ripped and modified image of that resized Ridley grabbing samus in one of his hands.

>it will look silly if he grabs bowser like that!

Was it silly when ganondorf grabbed bowser in one hand with his side special?

How about pikachu disabling him by humping his leg?

Grab animations are a pretty loose thing in smash bros.
>>
>>257788705
>Stuff movements are in favorite of playable Ridley
>Not unfinished Ridley
Ridley doesn't show up in the 3DS version, which is coming out months before the Wii U version. Perhaps Ridley isn't done, and they were just teasing Ridley because they knew people wanted him.

Yellow Devil was fully scripted and everything because it's been revealed he's also in the 3DS version, so he would need to have that done anyway.
>>
File: Ridley hype train.jpg (224KB, 940x688px) Image search: [Google]
Ridley hype train.jpg
224KB, 940x688px
>There are people who don't think Ridley will be playable
>>
>>257784174
you can't base things on sprites.
Otherwise it's canon that Link's head is as large as his entire body.
>>
Do you wanna know why Sakurai teased Ridley in the direct?
Do you wanna know why he's keeping quiet about Ridley?

Because the man genuinely thinks that people are going to be excited to see him as a stage hazard. That's why. Plain and simple.

Sakurai thinks that people are going to be hyped as fuck to see him as a stage hazard, so he's building suspense and delaying his "reveal" for as long as possible.
>>
>>257789563
This nigga gets it
>>
>>257789563
That's a possibility but you can't say that for a fact just yet. None of us know Ridley's status yet.
>>
>>257789563
It's been a year since he teased Ridley, there's no way he's delusional enough to think a boss announcement deserves this much anticipation.
>>
>>257789563
he's already been a boss in brawl so it wouldn't even be surprising
>>
>>257790061
He honestly might.
>>
It's not about Ridley being in the game or not.
Ultimately, nobody knows until the game comes out. Period.
So all your elaborate image macros and hundreds of thousands of words posted on a message board are useless. Shouting nonsense into a void.
But you keep at it.

At this point, it's not about a video game character being in a game. It's about you being right. At this point, you don't actually care whether Ridley is in the game or not, even if you think you do. As you make these arguments, the only thing you care about, at the end of the day, is making people admit that you were right, and they were wrong.
What's more, you're doing it on an anonymous image board. So even if you DO get people to admit to your superiority, no one's going to remember in five minutes anyway. So what's the point?
>>
>>257790192
Enough to wait longer than the reveal of 8 other newcomers, possibly more, to announce him merely as a boss?

That's retarded. It's not like the PR department consists solely of sakurai.
>>
File: 1374641322673.png (55KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1374641322673.png
55KB, 625x626px
>>257773569
>>
File: brawlsizecomparisons.png (1MB, 889x1078px) Image search: [Google]
brawlsizecomparisons.png
1MB, 889x1078px
>BUT BUT BUT they changed the size of olimar and kirby!
>>
>>257791284
They did. Whats your point?
>>
>>257791284
It doesn't matter dude, these are fictional characters

They can do whatever the fuck they want with them
>>
>>257791561
His point is that Smash does tend keeps characters who come from the same series (Kirby+Dedede, Olimar+Bulborb) as close to consistently scaled as they can manage, even if it doesn't match any real world standards.
>>
File: Ridley variations.jpg (81KB, 700x447px) Image search: [Google]
Ridley variations.jpg
81KB, 700x447px
>>257783474
Ridley ALWAYS looks awkward. it's part of what makes him unsettling and menacing in that he doesn't look "normal".
>>
>>257792079
It makes sense why they would do that where possible, but it's not some unbreakable lore that would destroy the SSB fiction. People want small Ridley then give them small Ridley. It's a bunch of cross over fanservice goofing. Not serious business.
>>
>>257792167
Man having NES Ridley in would be killer.
>>
File: marioless.png (155KB, 410x452px) Image search: [Google]
marioless.png
155KB, 410x452px
>>257792376
So if people wanted Mario's mustache shaved off and have him wearing a sombrero instead of his regular hat, should Sakurai do that in spite of Mario's current design in the Mario series?

Character validity is important in a series that brings together many Nintendo franchises. Making up a few moves is fine, but the overall character needs to still keep his or her essence taken from the games, and that includes their proper design. Sakurai can drop the ball on that every now and then (Gdorf should NOT be a clone of Falcon) but he's usually pretty good at it, especially how in Smash 4 we have some nice touches like DK having his roll and Ike having blue flames during his Eruption move.
>>
>>257793274
>and Ike having blue flames during his Eruption move.
Wait what?
>>
>>257793274
>So if people wanted Mario's mustache shaved off and have him wearing a sombrero instead of his regular hat
Well this discussion is obviously going to go places with well thought out comments like this.
>>
>>257793274
I don't get what it is with you people who think being big is like, the most important part of Ridley as a character. If anything, him being slow and having limited flight would be a bigger disservice to his character than being not as big as usual but still pretty big.
>>
>>257793274
Way to go to extremes.

A smaller Ridley wouldn't be that big of a deal.
>>
File: ikeblueflames.png (457KB, 850x466px) Image search: [Google]
ikeblueflames.png
457KB, 850x466px
>>257793652
seen briefly during robin's trailer
>>
>>257775509
>white rob
>>
>>257792079
Explain the Pokemon, then.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TKEeFOkq8g

Here you go
>>
>>257793274
>a slightly smaller Ridley is the same as turning Mario into a Mexcan lucador

And you say we're the ones with mental problems.
>>
File: 1342081041873.gif (133KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1342081041873.gif
133KB, 200x200px
>>257794863
Video was always stupid but
>dat Teedus laugh
>>
>>257790272
I don't care about being right. I care about 13 years of people asking for a character playable being happy.

I care that this drawn out coyness leads to something more than a boss which Sakurai could have stated time and time again by now.

I care that they give enough of a damn about Metroid to add Samus' nemesis on the roster for the fans, and for them to not piss away another Metroid anniversary.

I care so goddamn much about all that, that if he makes it I'll main the fuck out of him.
>>
>>257792079
Pokemon has and always will debunk this made up criteria.
>>
File: ridleyface].jpg (38KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
ridleyface].jpg
38KB, 327x316px
>MFW Ridley gets confirmed, when /v/ turns into /v/ - Ridley, and when I finally get to play as him
>>
>>257797153
And the fact that the Bulborb in Brawl is the size of Emperor Bulblax, who's fuck-huge compared to a normal Bulborb.

And Great Fox being the size of a bus, and the city stages are sized for midgets, and how the characters constantly shrink and grow for various stages.

It's amazing how much the anti-Ridleyfags cling to size and scale as their Holy Grail of "Ridley's not in!" when they're the two most-easily debunked and retarded "criteria" ever.
>>
>>257789563
>>Because the man genuinely thinks that people are going to be excited to see him as a stage hazard.

That's a load of bullshit. He knows damn well what he's doing by refusing to confirm him as playable or a stage hazard, he's been a highly requested character since Melee. For your little theory to be true we have to also assume Sakurai is extremely clueless.
>>
>>257797335
I want it to happen but not cause of shitstorms. /v/ and the internet will always have their too big. I just want to main my favorite boss, and Samus nemesis, from Metroid.

I wish I felt it'd happen but Sakurai seems content in never clearing the air. So I don't know if I feel he has a chance or not. I just wanna know the truth with no shadow bullshit.
>>
>>257797335
>/v/'s textsize is increased
>>
File: A Better Dragon than Ridley.png (33KB, 189x225px) Image search: [Google]
A Better Dragon than Ridley.png
33KB, 189x225px
>>257766613
Pic related
>>
>>257788743
Charizard is 5'07"
He's a lot shorter than Samus who can fit into Ridley's mouth.
>>
File: 1403659383140.png (20KB, 175x175px) Image search: [Google]
1403659383140.png
20KB, 175x175px
>>257797934
holy shit that would be great.
>>
>>257798575
It's a good thing Smash doesn't abide by canon scale and sizes, then.
>>
>>257798575
And Olimar can fit into Samus' eye socket while Pikachu can't reach her knee on his tiptoes. Yet in Smash Bros they're both nearly as tall as Mario.

I guess one can say that size and scale don't mean anything in Smash Bros and Sakurai does whatever he wants to make the characters playable.
>>
File: 1404541372753.jpg (13KB, 416x297px) Image search: [Google]
1404541372753.jpg
13KB, 416x297px
>>257797934
>All text is in size 48 font or bigger.
>/v/ becomes "/ridley/"
>Ridley's theme is playing in the background
>>
>>257799289
Does anyone else think Ridley making it would have most of /v/ overjoyed? I want RED and Sonic reveal levels of hype and fun like Japan Time 1.0 had. Ridley could possibly do it.

Just wish Sakurai was easier to gauge. This uncertainty is killing me.
>>
>>257799929
I'm worried Anti-Ridleyfag arguments have convinced a lot of people Ridley being playable is LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE and that if it happened it'd be proof SMASH IS RUINED. That'd probably go away after western release since we'd all play him and realize he's just a regular character, but there'd probably be a window of time where it's just insufferable.
>>
I really don't get this. Explain to me Ridley fags, why do you want him in so bad? Why does it fucking matter?

Non-Ridley fags, I won't ask you why you don't want him in because I'll assume you just want Ridley-fags tears.

Can't wait for these smash threads to die once it is all over. It's fucking annoying seeing 4-5 threads on /v/ constantly.
>>
>>257800371
Possibly. The arguments have gotten to me like that before. Ridley making it and Metroid and the fans being acknowledged is too important to me to throw in the towel. I'm along for the long haul, for better or worse.
>>
File: wiiuhalberdstage.jpg (53KB, 847x465px) Image search: [Google]
wiiuhalberdstage.jpg
53KB, 847x465px
>>257767172
Meta Knight is the commander of the Halberd, therefore he can't be playable!
>>
>>257800542
He's Samus Bowser and a rep that's not Samus while also portraying the alien creatures she fights in the games would be nice. Potential cool play style, making a lot of fans happy.
>>
>>257800371
Ridley always tops /v/'s "most wanted" strawpolls though. Him and/or K. Rool would be Red/Sonic level.
>>
File: Anniversary 2.jpg (199KB, 1024x512px)
Anniversary 2.jpg
199KB, 1024x512px
>>257800542
The same reason a Mario fan would want Bowser or a Zelda fan Ganondorf. It's sad to see Samus without her opponent in the versus fighting game and the series is underrepresented having only the protagonist and Sakurai's lame fanfiction waifu alt of the same character.

And frankly after Nintendo didn't even so much as mention the franchise during its 25th anniversary we just want a sign that someone at Nintendo still gives a shit.
>>
>>257801026
It's because behind all the shitposting, many want Ridley. 13 years builds up defense barriers that wront let you hope for things out of fear of being disappointed again.
>>
>>257801107
I really wish someone in Nintendo gave a shit. Same for the F-Zero bros, Isaac bros,K. Rool bros, every fan who knows how it feels for their favorite Nintendo franchise tobe shunned.
>>
>>257800729
I'm sorry, but do you see him actually steering the Halberd? Oh that's right. You don't.
>>
>>257781503
>it's just as bullshit because of Charizard
I have no interest in Ridley whatsoever and know nothing about him, but Charizard is only 5 feet tall. He's only taller than the average adult male by a matter of inches.
If Ridley is only 5-6 feet tall then he's sure as hell not too tall, but if he's like 9-12 feet then he's twice the size of Charizard.
>>
>>257802251
It's a good thing Smash doesn't abide by canon scale and sizes, huh?
>>
>>257789563

Because he is working in both ideas, clone Ridley from Other M sure will appear as a boss and is his safe bet in case he does not feel good about a playable Ridley because he and the team are having a hard time making him work and can't spend much time only on him since there are other characters, he has no priority. If they don't feel right with it they can scrap the whole thing and keep him as a boss.
>>
>>257802421
I guess so.
>>
>>257788631
When you burn his wings in Prime he attacks on all fours too. I'd love a Ridley that plays like a feral beast like that.
Thread posts: 514
Thread images: 104

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.