[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 24
http://nintendoeverything.com/mario-kart-8-has-unused-cup-icons/

DLC INCOMING
>>
>>257473425
> A pair of hackers from the UK have allegedly detected a few unused cup icons in Mario Kart 8. At this time, we cannot confirm their validity.
>At this time, we cannot confirm their validity.
Not even fucking worth thinking about.
>>
>>257473590
>implying this doesn't prove their credibility

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVbZXqxIV7I
>>
>A bunch of guys said something but we have no evidence that proves that what they said is true.

Why even bother?
>>
>That low quality shine sprite
>>
>Blue shell cup

Oh shit
>>
>>257473891
>Guy literally names his youtube channel after how many VR points he has in MKWii
>>
>Blue Shell cup

>Every track is nothing but filled with item boxes containing nothing but Blue shells

>yfw
>>
Isn't that literally the hud icon for sprites in sunshine with a blur and bloom effect?
>>
I'm actually excited for DLC in MK8
I dunno, I just want to see if they do it right and add amazing tracks and racers.
>>
>At this time, we cannot confirm their validity.
Thanks for getting me hype for nothing you worthless piece of shit scumbag.
>>
>>257473891
YouTube being slow as shit for anybody else now?
>>
File: 1398236232616.jpg (46 KB, 208x208) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1398236232616.jpg
46 KB, 208x208
>>257474283
>My face when getting the Blue Shell Crazy Eight
>>
>>257474283
>Courses are NSLU levels of short to compensate for no one being able to go anywhere fast
>>
>>257474065
The only way to not lose is to not play
>>
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 184x184) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 184x184
>>257474283
>>
> EA makes DLC and season passes
> Mindless hate
> Nintendo does DLC, season passes and pay2win DLC
> Nintendo fans rave
>>
Regardless if it's true, I think DLC tracks are pretty much a given in the future.
>>
>>257474597
>Wait for others to notice on gamepad
>Race comes to a halt
>>
>>257474283
>you can get 3 blue shells
>all circuits are border-less ice bridges with a lakitu throwing blue spinies all over the race
>>
File: 1381982159946.png (164 KB, 410x322) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1381982159946.png
164 KB, 410x322
>>257473425
>Blue Shell Cup
>>
>>257474874
EA chill pls
>>
>>257474874
>season passes
Nintendo's "season pass" was completely different from the others. The season passes hated around here is the "prepay for unknown dlc", whereas the only Nintendo one I'm aware of was the Mario Golf one, which was just a DLC pack.

And nobody who isn't retarded hates DLC on general principle. We've had DLC in arena shooters and RTS games since the mid 90s and nobody hated it then.

> pay2win DLC
where?
>>
>>257474881
> Nintendo
> Supporting the online aspect of their games
You should be thankful they patched the lobby crashing exploits that have surfaced so far. Generally they only patch game breaking issues.
>>
>That shine sprite from sunshines hud
>That boo render from 3D World
>That painfully obvious sprite clone blueshell from the item reel

It's so fake looking it hurts.
>>
>mother fucking boo cup
>You have to activate stiches to open doors
>there's only one way to reach the end, at all.
>>
>>257475163
>> pay2win DLC
>where?
Pokemon Mistery Dungeon for 3DS
> B-B-BUT THAT'S NOT NINTENDO!
>>
>>257475252
The character icons in MK8 were just re-used renders
>>
>>257474373
Yes they fucked up with the sun.
Got too greedy.
>>
>>257473425
>Yoshi Egg Cup
haha
>>
>>257475163
>Nintendo's "season pass" was completely different from the others.
How? You pay for DLC before it actually comes out. It's the very definition of a "season pass."

>>257473425
Game ROM's always have unused shit. Haven't you ever been to TCRF?
>>
>>257475335
Except pay2win is only a concern on online games.
>>
>>257474586
You may be under traffic shaping.
>>
>>257475335
>Pokemon Mistery Dungeon for 3DS
What happened there?
>>
>>257473425
>Boo cup
If it doesn't have
Banshees Boardwalk
Luigis mansion
Boo boardwalk

I will be pissed
>>
File: 1405304766647.jpg (20 KB, 500x476) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405304766647.jpg
20 KB, 500x476
>Blue Shell Cup
>>
>>257473425
>blue shell cup
>every item is blue shell
>>
>>257475335
>> B-B-BUT THAT'S NOT NINTENDO!
It's true though, you can't refuse realisty just because it goes against your own argumentation.
>>
>>257475503
no the DLC was already out. You were buying a game at a discounted price then buying DLC.
>>
What else is new?

Nintendo have turned into DLC pigs.
>>
File: doit.jpg (45 KB, 473x355) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
doit.jpg
45 KB, 473x355
>>257473425
>fake character DLC leaks
>fake battle mode DLC leaks
>fake cup DLC leaks
I want to get off Mario Kart 8s fake ride
>>
I honestly love the detail in the MK8 tracks, I highly doubt we will be getting new retro tracks in MK8, but I firmly believe if we get retro tracks they will be retro tracks from previous games redone. So they would be retro retro tracks
>>
>>257475761
>You were buying a game at a discounted price then buying DLC.
If you didn't, why do you even care?
>>
>>257475163
The Mario Golf DLC was actually a remake of the N64 game.
>>
>>257475163
So the same excuse nintendodler do as always.

>It's not bad if Nintendo does it!

Seriously I'm fucking tired of you retards and your fucking double standards, at least admit is bad.
>>
>>257475335
>> B-B-BUT THAT'S NOT NINTENDO
But that's entirely valid; you're complaining about something that "Nintendo does" when it's not even them doing it.
>>
>>257475756
Its one of their most iconic franchises. Nintendo has gotten lazy with their IP licensing to other devs. Mistery Dungeon for 3DS was so bad and full of terrible design choices it was borderline shovelware and the Mario Tennis/Golf games were so uninspired they were forgotten a week after launch. Now it feels like a gamble when you buy a game that isn't made by Nintendo
>>
>>257474586
Everyone's watching Robin Williams clips
>>
File: doc louis.jpg (56 KB, 104x162) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
doc louis.jpg
56 KB, 104x162
What if it's free?
>>
>>257475938
>Turning "this is fundamentally different" into "it's okay because of the company"
>Completely ignoring the entirety of what I said

I see you're just going to be a cunt instead of having a reasonable discussion.
>>
File: 1376379437728.png (75 KB, 242x246) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1376379437728.png
75 KB, 242x246
>Fire Emblem character DLC
>Hyrule Warriors store-exclusive preorder DLC
>Mario Kart 8 product placement DLC
>Smash Bros physical DLC
>>
>>257475889
what
>>
>>257475163
Actually, Mario Golf has pay2win DLC: buying all of it gives you Gold Mario, which is Mario with an exclusive Gold Flower item that gives you coins based on how far your shot goes. Coins are used to unlock equipment for your Mii, which give you better stats.

Buying the DLC gives you an exclusive means of grinding coins faster, which gives you better stats faster, which lets you do better faster particularly when it comes to upgrading your character's drive distance.

The $15 Mario Golf 64 course DLC I can overlook because that's pretty cool, but it was a season pass before they were even out that included an exclusive money making character, which goes a little beyond what should be acceptable.
>>
>>257475913
I didn't know that. I haven't bought the game yet, because I never dug golf. It just didn't seem like a bad deal to me.
That's pretty cool. I'd totally be cool with more Mario Kart 8 retro courses as DLC, if it was that reasonably priced.
>>
>>257476065
It's still not the nintendo of your first argument. You are moving goalpost like a faggot and believe that only you believing that shit is enough to win.
>>
>>257476124
>/v/ only hates unknown DLC.

And who is the cunt ignoring the truth? Every paid DLC is fucking hated, don't try to lie saying only some DLC is hated so it works for your "reasonable discussion".
>>
>>257476207
It's almost like Nintendo would have happily done DLC if only the Wii was capable.

Oh wait, that's true and is blatantly obvious by the fact they've happily used DLC, subscription fees and season passes since their first platform that supported them came out.
>>
>>257476343
>Every paid DLC is fucking hated,
Untrue.
>>
>>257476359
No, Nintendo are the saviors of the industry and they didn't do DLC in the Wii era because they cared about the consumer!

this is what drones actually believed
>>
>>257476359
Are you implying Nintendo is evil too but so incompetent to implement that evilness in their consoles because the last consoles were piece of craps for online?

HOW DARE YOU!
>>
File: speedtest.png (30 KB, 300x135) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
speedtest.png
30 KB, 300x135
>>257475564
If so that's some aggressive fucking traffic shaping.
I'm getting a 640Kb/s connection to YouTube. It's unacceptable.
>>
>>257476343
>Every paid DLC is fucking hated
neo-/v/
Remember expansion packs?
>>
>>257476085

>man this is so sad, better watch clips about him so I can milk his death for likes
>holy fuck, this guys is so unfunny it hurts to watch
>good thing I didn't take a pic of me crying like a planned to.
>>
>>257475761
Only one of the three DLC packs were out day one. It's the same kind of season pass that every other company uses.
>>
>>257476343
>Every paid DLC is fucking hated
This has literally never been the case. It wasn't the case when DLC existed as "expansions" in the 90s and early 00s, and it's not true now.
/v/ didn't even start feeling this way until a few years ago. It's unreasonable.
>>
>>257476410
Oh wait, of course nintendo DLCs aren't hated right? Because they are good DLCs, right?.

What's next? Now are you going to tell me that the Wii U is more powerful than any console and PC ever created and we should pay 1000$ for it?
>>
>>257476065
Mystery Dungeon seems to be some attempt by Nintendo to reign in the series like they did with Sticker Star since the Mystery Dungeon games were...odd to say the least.

I wish they';d just let companies do their own thing.
>>
>>257476343
Were you not around when Blood Dragon came out?
>>
>>257476343
>Every paid DLC is fucking hated

Nope. Content that is made after the game comes to appease fans is loved. Content that is partitioned and planned from the start is hated.
>>
>>257476207
>Physical downloadable content

uh
>>
>>257476716
>>257476689
>DLC are the same as Expansions.
>DLC
>DOWNLOADABLE content.
>Expansions
>90s
>DLCs
>Expansions.

If you guys would be more retarded your mother would think she aborted instead of giving birth.
>>
>>257476902

At least it's physical.
>>
>>257476902
you gotta buy the toys to access the content
>>
>>257476968
You can download expansion packs too.
What's the difference between a well-implemented expansion to a game released as "DLC" and an expansion pack that is downloaded and installed?
Are you really going to claim that you only hate DLC because you dislike downloading things?
>>
>>257477009
Oh, you mean that optional CPU punchbag?

Wow, Sakurai sure is a faggot for removing CPUs from the game.

Oh wait, no, I can still battle CPUs
>>
>>257476235
I think that's a reasonable complaint. It would be one thing if buying them all gave you some other incentive, like a plushie or something, but exclusive in-game assets based on mode of purchase is a real cancer. I'd think it would be entirely reasonable if you could get gold Mario in some other way as an in-game unlockable.
>>
>>257477153
Again.
>90s
>You can download expansion packs too.
>90s

And for your info, usually expansion packs included content that changed the base game or added almost as much content as the half of the original game.

And you had to pay...what, 30-40$?

Are you telling me that a 15-20$ DLC that adds an extra character or costumes or a map is the same fucking thing?
>>
File: 58.png (112 KB, 273x273) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
58.png
112 KB, 273x273
>All this arguing over DLC, when this isn't even proven to be DLC or beta content
>in reality, it's just another shitty photoshop made by fans to rile up the fanbase
>>
>>257477494
Again, you're strawmanning hard.
No I'm not, but I'm arguing that a $30 expansion that adds about 30% of content to the game (as with Diablo II) is as passable as $10 DLC that adds 10% of content to the game.
I'm not going to continue this discussion with me if you're only talking in hyperbole.
>>
>>257476207
>Physical DLC
It's not fucking DLC, it's a computer character of a character already in the game.

>MK8 Product Placement
It's FREE and the update has way more to it than the cars.
>>
>>257477774
Wait, that update is out?

Do I have to get the fucking DLC to get the update?
>>
>>257476609
>I'm getting a 640Kb/s connection to YouTube. It's unacceptable.
>mfw I live on a rural area in a thirdworld country and my speed is never higher than 100kbps
>>
>>257477494
He's just calling you a retard because apparently you were born in 2004 and can't grasp the difference between downloadable content today and expansion packs you couldn't possibly download with dial up in 1998.
>>
>>257477973
The update is the DLC, the Mercedes stuff comes with the other fixes, which means it's also required.
>>
>>257477774
>It's FREE and the update has way more to it than the cars.
Really? Like what? Please share, anon, you seem to have some insider info that the rest of us do not.
>>
>>257478164
This was meant for this cunt
>>257477757
Fuck the half hour wait before deleting posts
>>
>>257477774
I'm perfectly fine with the update.

The product placement... I don't like it, but I guess it could be worse. I hope this the beginning of something bad
>>
>>257475335
> Complaining about pay2win on a Mystery Dungeon game.
>>
>>257478180
Are you retarded? look it up. it has onscreen minimap and some other shit that makes the game even better
>>
>Boo cup
>No playable Boo
>Shine sprite cup
>No playable Pianta
>>
>>257478164
>>257478276
And I'm calling him (and now you) a retard because he somehow thinks that just being downloaded is what makes it bad.
How the fuck are you even implying that the same thing for the same price is fundamentally bad just because you download it instead of buying a disc at a store?
>>
>>257478024
Shit connection speed happens, being throttled is fucking shady.
>>
>>257478714
I'm not arguing against or in his favor. I'm just pointing out you're a retard for even believing modern DLC can be compared to expansion packs.
>>
>>257478607
Maybe they'll add them as new characters
>>
>>257476207
>>Fire Emblem character DLC
I have nothing to say about this. I've never played FE but I heard the DLC is pretty bad.

>>Hyrule Warriors store-exclusive preorder DLC
Not developed by Nintendo, nor published by them in Japan.

>>Mario Kart 8 product placement DLC
We're you also upset with product placement in Pikmin?

>>Smash Bros physical DLC
There is literally no other way for that feature to work without some sort of physical object.
>>
>>257478869
They're functionally the same. They both add content to the base game.

The difference is the method in which they are implemented and the disparity in content of expansions today and the expansions of yesteryear.
Not him.
>>
>>257478607
Plot twist: They come with the tracks
>>
>>257478714
>just being downloaded is what makes it bad.
Not him, but what makes it bad is the nature of its DRM, the fact that the content is licensed rather than sold, is non-transferable, the user isn't protected by first-sale, etc.

That's what makes it automatically bad.
>>
>>257478869
And I'm saying that you're a retard for thinking that it can't.
It's supplemental content, it's the same binary data. You might as well be arguing that buying a book online to be shipped to you can't be directly compared to buying it at the store, and somehow changes what book it is.
You're focusing on the route of administration, and not on the content at all.
>>
>>257478869
How is that retarded? If all companies did dlc like 90s expansion packs there wouldn't be a problem. Dlc and expansions are essentially the same thing
>>
>>257478869
There's some good DLC out there. The ones that add an entire location and several quests are about as good as expansion packs.
>>
Is this another one of those things where people confuse free DLC for overpriced day one and constant DLC where you pay $20 for a single level and retards don't understand that the reason DLC is bad in most cases is because of how frequent and overpriced it is for what it adds and don't understand that DLC is fine as long as it's not day one and adds a reasonable amount of content in the same way an expansion pack did back some years ago?
>>
>>257478607
> mushroom cup
> no playable toad
>>
>>257479076
>the fact that the content is licensed rather than sold, is non-transferable, the user isn't protected by first-sale, etc.
This is just 3 different ways of saying "I can't sell it". I'm assuming "etc" is more ways which you haven't figured out how to verbalize yet

Should you really have the right to sell someone else's software?
>>
>>257479213
You're mad and there's no reason for you to be mad.

I mean, I try not to say this, but I'm not spoonfeeding you. Look it up yourself, it's a free update. Just google Mario Kart 8 free update.
Not him.
>>
>>257479076
>the nature of its DRM
That's an issue with the base game, not DLC. DRM has been around forever. Back in the day that's what CD Keys were. In the 80s it was a code in the manual.

>the fact that the content is licensed rather than sold
That's literally always been the case. In the 90s you didn't ever actually buy a game, you bought a copy of the game. You bought a license to play the game. Software is always licensed, and never sold. Software proprietorship has been this way since the 70s.

>is non-transferable
That loops back to the DRM argument. It's shitty for sure, but it's again a product of the time, not route of administration. There's nothing about downloading vs optical media that fundamentally changes this.

>the user isn't protected by first-sale
Depends on your country. Germany protects this.
>>
>>257479206
Of course the idea here is they might have cut the content beforehand, intending to sell the initial portion of the game for sixty bucks, then ask for another twenty later on to bilk extra revenue from their customers
>>
>>257479502
>Back in the day that's what CD Keys were. In the 80s it was a code in the manual.
Those are not DRM.

>you didn't ever actually buy [the copyright to a game and its content], you bought a copy of the game
Correct!

> You bought a license to play the game.
Incorrect.
>Software is always licensed, and never sold.
Incorrect.

Based first sale lets me ignore retarded publishers and their brown-nosing lackeys like yourself.

>There's nothing about downloading vs optical media that fundamentally changes this.
Other than the fact that I've purchased it in a contract of sale, I actually retain my rights as a consumer, and can freely transfer my copy as I see fit? Yeah, nothing at all.

>Germany protects this.
No it doesn't. The law, at a glance, appears to forbid it, but in reality does nothing.
>>
File: jesus.webm (735 KB, 640x360) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
jesus.webm
735 KB, 640x360
>>257479213
I'm actually taken aback.
What an over-the-top reaction.
>>
Are you guys for real? You actually fucking think these are legit?
Every cup is a goddamn item in the game. Before you start with "BUT BOO IN DS AND SPRITES AS A MINIGGERGAME" - no. Get the fuck out. You don't go from mushroom, flower, star, to goddamn ghost. These guys got greedy, better chance of Ridley in smash than this being real
>>
I'd honestly be down for some DLC granted the maps are as polished as the ones in the game. 32 maps is nice but I'm already burnt out on pretty much all of them.
>>
File: 1300835725717.png (124 KB, 383x298) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1300835725717.png
124 KB, 383x298
>>257479213
>trashed
>>
>>257479887
>CD Keys
>not DRM

They're as DRM as physical DRM gets.
>>
>>257478998
>There is literally no other way for that feature to work without some sort of physical object.
It could have been built into the 3DS version as extra data, and you could use it on friends' Wii U consoles by connecting your data with them.
>>
File: Special_Cup.png (10 KB, 128x128) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Special_Cup.png
10 KB, 128x128
>>257480024
I love the crown item!
>>
>>257473425
>Blue shell cup

I suspect that this will just be courses that aim to murder you(Chain chomps, Thwomps, Piranha Plants, Exploding Snowmen) with every item block being a frantic block with blue shells being 90% chance in first
>>
>>257480226
>They're as DRM as physical DRM gets.
So what you're trying to say is that the acronym "DRM" is useless because idiots like you retroactively apply it to every single instance of copy protection regardless of how it functions, making the name vague and meaningless?

Well, I guess I agree.
>>
>>257479887
CD keys are DRM, and have always been labeled as such. They are a way to try to control and manage digital content. I hate DRM as much as every sane consumer, but don't try to claim CD keys aren't DRM.

No, it's correct. Software is a product that is sold based on license. I wish it was sold, I really do. If software wasn't licensed, reverse-engineering wouldn't be illegal, cracking protected software wouldn't be illegal, and piracy in general wouldn't be illegal. These sorts of things are completely legal when you buy a physical product. When you are bound by terms of use beyond state and federal law for use of your product, you don't actually own it.

> Other than the fact that I've purchased it in a contract of sale, I actually retain my rights as a consumer, and can freely transfer my copy as I see fit? Yeah, nothing at all.
Again, you're conflating. It's the same binary data. The DRM is as easily administered via physical media as it is via downloadable means. Downloading is not DRM. Optical media does not guarantee a freedom from DRM. They are literally nothing more than two different methods of shipping sequences of bits from one place to another.

> No it doesn't. The law, at a glance, appears to forbid it, but in reality does nothing.
Check with Steam. They actually offer refunds as a legal requirement in Germany.
>>
>>257479887
>your post
Incorrect.
>>
>>257480024
>What is the Special Cup?
>>
>>257480403
>Find apple
>Name it apple
>No other apple can be apple because those apples came before apple

All DRM is copyright protection. Not all copyright protection is DRM.
>>
>>257480403
The acronym DRM has existed for more than 20 years.
It was applied to CD Keys at the time.
There is no retroactive application here.
>>
>>257480024
Leaf was a cup before it was an item(It was cup only in MKWii) So your logic is flawed. Check your ego at the door
>>
>>257480024

>he never played any mariokart with the boo item
Underage b&
>>
>criticize DLC
>immediately attacked from all sides with misinformation, attempts to rewrite history, and excuses for and attempts to improve the image of DRM

/v/ - Video Game Publisher Apologists
>>
File: 1383540942600.png (122 KB, 650x650) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1383540942600.png
122 KB, 650x650
>>257480024
>Super Mario Kart, 64, Super Circuit, Double Dash, DS, Wii
>Leaf item
>Flower item
>>
>>257480954
>Get proven wrong
>Get butthurt
Nobody here likes DRM, you idiot.
If you claim manslaughter is murder, and I correct you, it doesn't mean I like manslaughter nor murder.
You are the king of conflation.
>>
>>257481085
>Nobody here likes DRM
>We just want to make it look better by lumping it in with more consumer-friendly things!
Uh-huh.
>>
>>257481215
Cd keys weren't user friendly
>Get new computer
>Still have physical copy but don't have code
> Too bad for you
>>
>>257480954
>Criticize DLC
>Discuss DRM

How did we even get here?
>>
File: original.jpg (258 KB, 847x623) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
original.jpg
258 KB, 847x623
>>257480024
>You don't go from mushroom, flower, star, to goddamn ghost.
Wanna try that again fagget
>>
>>257480723
>What's SMB3?
>>
>>257478607
>>257479394
>spiky blue shell cup
>no playable Ludwig
>>
>>257482139
>yfw Fake Cup is randomly generated tracks like the X cup in F-Zero X
>>
>>257478998
>Not developed by Nintendo, nor published by them in Japan.

Nintendo own the damn franchise they need to aprove this kind of shit,koei sure is developing the gamee but with the consent of nintendo,atleast try to think before putting stuff like that
>>
If there is some tracks DLC I hope they bring back some tracks that they already used for Retro Tracks, like Waluigi Pinball track which was in 7
>>
>>257486570
Fix your sentence structure.
>>
>>257483443
He means in mario kart, try to keep up.
>>
>>257487015
Who cares idiot try to explain why nintendo is adding dlc on the new zelda game
>>
>>257486832
>Waluigi pinball remake was in MK7, the one MK I didn't get
Fuck, might have to grab it now...
>>
>>257487250
They aren't. Koei is adding DLC to a Dynasty Warriors X Zelda crossover and Nintendo is giving them the freedom to do that.
>>
>>257487445
So nintendo is to take blame too then,i tought they were agaisnt dlc
>>
>>257487586
They're not in control of it.
>>
File: goweegie.png (65 KB, 128x225) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
goweegie.png
65 KB, 128x225
Based Mr Bean and Chadderz strike again

support em by playing their custom track pack
http://chadsoft.co.uk

MKWii is alive and well!

http://wiimmfi.de/mkw
>>
>>257487887
Why is the L on his hat backwards?
>>
File: 1371077226500.gif (282 KB, 434x288) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1371077226500.gif
282 KB, 434x288
>>257473891

>MK8 will have 300cc in your lifetime
>>
>>257487367
But whole reason you skipped out on 7 was be cause Waluigi wasn't in it in the first place
>>
>>257487816

They could prevent it.
>>
>>257487586
It's not like DLC is a bad thing. DLC was never the issue, the issue is poor implementation of DLC. NSLU for example, is great use of DLC. And games like Animal Crossing and Mario Kart 8 are getting free DLC.
>>
>>257487816
Why not? the sales go to them and they own the the entire franchise
>>
>>257488002
They're not in control of it.
>>
>>257487974
Fuck I did forget about that. Why the fuck would they remake Waluigi Pinball in the one game they remove Waluigi?
>>
File: 1343116233395.jpg (76 KB, 396x691) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1343116233395.jpg
76 KB, 396x691
>>257476704

>i care about one guy who did movies
>i dont care about israel commiting war crimes and using white phosphorus to melt peoples skin off
>>
>>257487959
cuz Mr. L.
you never played paper mario wii?
>>
>>257488086
Oh so now dlc isnt a bad thing? i tought the shitposting for sony and xbox adding dlc comming from nintendo fans was because nintendo never added dlc
>>
>>257488126
They don't own Dynasty Warriors.
>>
>>257488250
But those are not dynasty warrior characters those are zelda characters
>>
>>257473425
Better be free
>>
File: 1407200462798.jpg (66 KB, 512x512) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1407200462798.jpg
66 KB, 512x512
Motherfuckers need to make a Rainbow Cup, and all of the fucking tracks are Rainbow Roads from the previous games. Thoughts /v/?
>>
>>257487887
>Wii will get (Mostly shitty) Custom Tracks for years thanks to modding while 8 gets nothing but sellout mercedes dlc
>>
GIVE ARENA ARENAS
>>
>>257473425
Ah is only fine when ninty does dlc now?
>>
>>257488236
>all nintendo fans are the same person
Please stop being so ignorant. Spouting shit like "B-but this one guy said this!" isn't helping your argument.
>>
>>257488423
All I want is N64 Rainbow with all three laps
>>
>>257488547
One guy? maybe you mean all /v/
>>
>>257488536

yes
>>
might as well ask

I don't know much about the wii u but I wanna get it + martio k8 for my brother

how does it work controllers-wise? which ones can I use and which one can't I?
how many extras would I have to buy if I wanna play as 4?
>>
>>257488770
So the pic about iwata and the dlc was a lie?
>>
>>257488731
Well you aren't talking to all of /v/ right now, you're talking to me. Now stop trying shove me into a group in order to prove your dominance.
>>
>>257488561
This. I love N64 Rainbow road, but making it that short was stupid.
>>
>>257488354
It's not a Zelda game.
>>
>>257488923
you can use mostly anything Nintendo has created as a controller on MK8. Best controller is Wii U Gamepad Pro
>>
>>257488946
I'm not sure, but he said Nintendo doesn't rip apart a game to sell in pieces. Which this is not an example of.
>>
>>257480972
go away shane
>>
>>257489269
Does that include gamecube controllers?
>>
>>257489161
>It's not a Zelda game.
So we will see this on pc too?

>>257489309
Cutting costumes or another stuff is selling the game on pieces alrdy
>>
>>257488923
Pretty much anything that can be connected to the wii u can be used as a controller
Wiimotes
Wiimotes + any attachments
Pro controller
All of those work fine for it.
>>
>>257489568
Again, it's not Nintendo doing it. They're not in control of it.
>>
>>257488501

But Mario Kart Wii sux cause Bikes are OP as fug.
>>
>>257489740
A game who belongs to nintendo dont belong to them? so since smash is being made by another team it doesnt belong to nintendo now?
>>
>>257480268
>Have to get 3DS version with the actual handheld to do it as a better alternative to Amiibos
I hope you die slowly
>>
>>257489562
Probably after Smash Bros comes out, they are going to launch an adapter with Smash Bros
>>
>>257490068
Well, you said there is LITERALLY no other way. I was offering some kind of an alternative.
>>
>>257489562
Wii U doesn't have gamecube support
>>
>>257474283
>But you grabbed a blue shell in first!
>Even the winner gets in trouble.
>>
>>257491303

Yet.
>>
So what potential character DLCs would you like to see for MK8? I'd personally love to see pic related.
>>
>>257492114
>Black Mage
>White Mage
>Ninja

why not Fighter
>>
>>257478998
Pikmin is set in a post-apocalyptic Earth. Mario Kart is set in a completely different universe. Product placement isn't that bad as long as it makes sense and fits well with the setting. The Mercedes DLC does neither of them.
>>
>>257492836
Ninja is like Black Mage in that he's more covered up and generic looking, befitting for a nameless member of a generic job class.

The opposite is true for the White Mage because she's female. They even took extra care to exposed as much of her legs and head and possible. Like goddamn, those legs. Definitely a wise decision.
>>
>>257492114
I'd rather they give us/bring back actual Ninty characters, like my nigga dry bones.
>>
>>257490019
Dynasty Warriors never belonged to Nintendo.
>>
>>257492114
They were only in Hoops because of the devs. No reason to expect them back.
>>
File: mercedes mario.png (295 KB, 414x445) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
mercedes mario.png
295 KB, 414x445
>>257478998
>>257493420

You know it wouldn't be so bad if it was Fiat instead of Mercedes
>>
>>257494658
>>257493420
>Not wanting the goddamn Silver Arrow
GAYYYYYY
>>
File: mercedes-mia.png (304 KB, 493x453) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
mercedes-mia.png
304 KB, 493x453
>>257495141

>implying I don't

Fiat just works since it's Italian
>>
>>257476710
But you did still know what you were getting beforehand. All the DLC courses were remakes of N64 courses, and they told you what level was in what pack, and what bonus characters you'd be getting when they became available.

It's slightly different than "Hey we're making DLC and if you want all of it now give us $30 extra for this shit you don't even know if you'll want"
>>
>>257495325
You don't understand why Mercedes-Benz was the best choice. I'll help you a little, you got:

Japanese game maker
Italian plumber
German car

It's obvious what Nintendo is doing, could Mozart still be alive?
>>
>>257477490
It'd still be P2W because you're unlocking shit faster than if you hadn't paid for it.
>>
>>257475575
You could only recruit the other starter pokemon if you bought DLC dungeons that had the other starter pokemon in them. Also DLC dungeons with strong as shit enemies that are all sleeping, so you can take them out easily with ranged attacks and get levels stupid fast.
>>
>>257495782
But the beauty of it is, Its the epitome of optional.
If someone is a casual and wants to get all the characters for no effort then they get penalized by having to spend money. If you actually go through the game as intended youre rewarded with getting things yourself. Everyone wins, the only reason to argue this is if you cant stand the idea of someone enjoying something differently
>>
>>257476065
I'm still playing Mario Golf, but mainly for the weekly/bi-weekly Nintendo tournaments.
Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 24
Thread DB ID: 9042



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.