[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here's how Twitch.tv should answer every single angry question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 249
Thread images: 20

File: twitch.png (12KB, 500x500px)
twitch.png
12KB, 500x500px
Here's how Twitch.tv should answer every single angry question whether it be on the Reddit AMA, user emails, hateful tweets, hateful facebook posts, etc.

>We do not have a license to stream copyrighted Music. If we allow copyrighted music to be streamed, we will get sued and told to cease and desist and our website will no longer be allowed to exist. We will allow any music/video/content that we are legally allowed to show and if any of that content is accidentally blocked it is a bug and it will be fixed. We cannot write the laws, but we are forced to abide by them. That is all.

There. Just saved you 6 hours of writing AMA responses to angry redditors and months of deleting bullshit Facebook and twitter comments.
>>
>>256850023

"But why take down old VODs just because they have music in them?"

>We do not have a license to stream copyrighted Music. If we allow copyrighted music to be streamed, we will get sued and told to cease and desist and our website will no longer be allowed to exist. We will allow any music/video/content that we are legally allowed to show and if any of that content is accidentally blocked it is a bug and it will be fixed. We cannot write the laws, but we are forced to abide by them. That is all.

"But I love listening to music on peoples streams. Sometimes I even buy CD's because I heard it on the stream. Don't you understand this?"

"But why are you taking down DotA 2's videos because of ingame music?"

>>
>>256850023
The issue is this was not an issue 2 days ago so why is it now?
>>
>>256850023
>>256850520

"But record companies are stupid - is there any evidence they are actually losing money based on their music showing up on stream?"

"But but.. but.. but.."

>>
>>256850675

The first rumblings of Twitch having issues with copyrighted music started months ago. Once you get big enough and popular enough the industry is going to hunt you down and make you pay. Hitbox.tv and Azubu.tv aren't popular enough yet so they can do whatever they want. The second they get popular enough to actually make a difference people will be after them too.

Isn't that obvious?
>>
>>256850961
>The first rumblings of Twitch having issues with copyrighted music started months ago
Proof?
>>
>>256850023
Doesn't matter the reason. They shouldn't have bought twitch if google owning it would bring this issue to it, because twitch is not youtube and this situation will not end like youtube. People will leave twitch because alternatives exist ( there really were none for youtube). It also hits streamers because many people are not going to want to sub to them since half the sub fee now goes to google who is killing what they love.

Not to mention several streams I follow have song request as a sub perk, so there goes that.
>>
>>256851268
You realize that you can still have music playing live on your stream, only VODs are effected.
>>
So what's going on anyway? I don't keep up with any sort of news whatsoever.

I'm just as confused over this ebola thing and something about facebook getting sued (again?).
>>
>>256851520
All I follow so far have stated they will now remove music to avoid future troubles and to help euro-friends who watch the VOD.

So no.
>>
What does this have to do with a 30-40 second stream delay or limiting highlights (the only permanent storage on the site now) to 2 hours?
>>
>>256851268
You are right that google buying Twitch is probably what brought the attention and if they had been left alone they may not have gotten in trouble.

But I disagree that people will leave Twitch for an alternative. These people are making absolutely assloads (read $10,000+ a month for some people) of money. The minute they go to Azubu.tv or Hitbox.tv and make far less than that (or nothing) they will go back to Twitch. 95% will never leave.

I could be wrong though. But its a question of what people WILL do not what people SHOULD do or SAY they will do during anger.
>>
File: shiggydiggy.jpg (89KB, 680x552px) Image search: [Google]
shiggydiggy.jpg
89KB, 680x552px
>>256851608
>help
also, I seriously have no fucking idea how that is necessary. are people downloading music off a fucking video game stream?
>>
>>256851809
And they will now lose assloads because no one wants to support google which subbing does, and many sub perks now vanish.
>>
>>256851608
That will NEVER happen.

To avoid trouble? They are gonna sacrifice music for 20,000 or 30,000 viewers for the sake of not having part of the VODs maybe muted. What? People are saying this maybe but it will NEVER happen.

Dyrus got this music shit brought down on him like a few months ago and started playing Youtube playlists of non copyrighted songs. Then like two days later he was back to normal music.
>>
>>256851941
not to mention if thousands of people view your VODs and you like to play music that isn't MIDI during the stream
>>
>>256852008
What are you trying to say? What will never happen?
>>
>>256850023
"Why do you hate the FGC?"

>>
>>256852137
People not playing music on their livestreams so they don't affect their VODs later. When has a VOD been more important then the live stream. Like ever?

>>256851941
You are way overestimating the thought process that people put into subbing. How many people do you think subbed because of the $2.50 that went to twitch. They cared about giving the streamer money, getting sub emotes, getting a sub icon, and playing in sub games and stuff. None of that will change.
>>
File: BudPslhIYAAf2aT.png large.png (292KB, 1024x509px) Image search: [Google]
BudPslhIYAAf2aT.png large.png
292KB, 1024x509px
>how they respond instead

Jesus Christ, does nobody understand PR anymore?
>>
>>256852515
how about you live in a GMT timezone and the streamer is 7 fucking hours away
i'm not up for staying 'til 4 AM every other day when I have a job tommorow you cunt
>>
>>256852515
>People not playing music on their livestreams so they don't affect their VODs later.
But that fucking is happening, dipshit. Go to numotthenummys stream, see if he's playing music. He's not, and he always has. Go to PR Rogs stream, see if he's playing music. He's not but he always had before.
>>
>>256852565

That's a perfect answer to a stupid question
>>
it doesn't really matter at this point

but as I understand it, they didn't fucking tell anyone until it had happened.

Now you've got a bunch of VODs that have basically been trashed.

that, along with their furry emote shitstorm it's clear they just lucked into lasting this long before fucking up
>>
>>256852565
hi jontron
>>
>>256850023

>People play games that have music in them
>They play their own music over the top of it

What's the fucking point?
>>
>>256852515
And getting access to that song request feature many streams used.
>>
>>256852739

You don't have to convince me you have to convince the streamer. I'm not arguing that taking music away from VODs is GOOD. I'm saying its NECCESSARY. Like legally neccessary.

I'm also arguing that streamers won't care and would rather listen to music/entertain their live fans where theres actually interactions then change their entire stream around to benefit their VODs.
>>
File: BudTV--IYAA0fpL.png large.png (29KB, 727x138px) Image search: [Google]
BudTV--IYAA0fpL.png large.png
29KB, 727x138px
>>
File: shots fired.png (72KB, 1000x993px) Image search: [Google]
shots fired.png
72KB, 1000x993px
>>
Except you don't actually need this content ID bullshit to abide by the laws.

Did you read that? You don't actually need this content ID bullshit to abide by the laws.

The law states that a copyright holder can open a dispute - WHICH IS WHAT TWITCH ALREADY ALLOWED THEM TO DO BEFORE GOOGLE BOUGHT THEM.

This automated system is a very lazy and heavy-handed way to deal with the issue.

AGAIN: THE DMCA DOES NOT ACTUALLY REQUIRE AUTOMATED CONTENT DETECTION
>>
How is it any more legal for google to allow this system in which they can cause Copyright claims for videos, in which the copyright owner never filed a claim? Isn't that a violation of copyright?
>>
Anyone have some supreme casual friends who don't understand why this is bad?

I have a friend who says he doesn't use the VODs and doesn't see why anyone would. (I told him I use vods multiple times a week so I can catch shows/podcasts/whatever on my own time schedule) and he just thinks I'm the minority.
>>
>>256852985
>>256852894
>>256852846
>>256852739
>>256852103

So what should Twitch do? Get sued and shut down? Read the OP again. If your complaint can be answered by the response in the OP then its not worth getting upset about. Or call your congressman. Twitch aren't lawmakers the dude who owns it is like in his 20s or something.
>>
>>256853130

It's habbening!
>>
>>256853370
you are the minority but having vods doesn't hurt
>>
>>256853370
you are the minority
>>
>>256852846
It's the day of. People are gonna get really butthurt and change everything or quit streaming or protest or whatever for like a day or two then everythings going to go back to normal.
>>
>buggy automated takedown process full of false positives

I'm sure it'll turn out great!
>>
>>256853409
Perhaps google shouldn't have bought them. Twitch is dead now, might as well get shut down.
>>
>>256853256
>>256853256
>>256853256
>>256853256
This. For the love of Thor, this. You guys are completely ignorant of the law.

Twitch has been complying with the DMCA even before this.
>>
>>256850961
It wasn't months ago imbecile, this was entirely recent.
>>
>>256851268
People aren't going to leave Twitch.

If they were going to fucking leave, they would have done it when Twitch introduced a mandatory 30 second delay to every stream for no reason. All these faggots care about is where the most viewers are, they didn't give a shit about the experience for the viewers. If they have to mute their own music or whatever, that's a small price to pay for all the ad and sub money.
>>
>>256853281
It is which is why they take it down if a claim is made
The way copyrights work in the US is if you don't contest them then your copyright doesn't matter
Twitch could get away with letting music be streamed and make people personally responsible for it but they're just fags
>>
>>256853570
Dem goal posts.
>>
>twitch plays a game
>soundtrack is heard
>gets muted
>>
>>256853130
>Gonna crash the minute more than 85 people visit the site.
>Gonna get hit with the same copyright lawyers if it ever gets big
>Is going to pay their streamers nothing or maybe like 1/20th of twitch does.

Okay? Where's the appeal here?
>>
>>256853598
How the fuck else do you expect them to deal with it? Do it one by one? Needs to be a bot. OH NO YOU WONT BE ABLE TO LISTEN TO NERDS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES ON VODS #THESTRUGGLE
>>
File: 1374902083902.jpg (288KB, 1000x900px) Image search: [Google]
1374902083902.jpg
288KB, 1000x900px
>>256853675
>For the love of Thor
>>
>>256853616
Google bought it to shut it down, it competes with youtube. Twitch won't exist in 24 months. You'll think you're getting top-tier A+ workers with Google and the that's far from the truth.
>>
File: nt.png (292KB, 1247x794px) Image search: [Google]
nt.png
292KB, 1247x794px
>>256853009
>necessary
>to delete audio because of music that is being played by the game itself
you are the cancer
i hope you die
>>
>>256853821
Wait, twitch pays people?

Well fuck them then, they can make the streamers do whatever kind of dance they want.
>>
>>256853776
That doesn't make any sense or have anything to do with what I asked.

Man streams game
Man streams song over game
Man is sole owner of copyright of said song
Video gets flagged for copyright infringement
He never filed said complaint

How does this work?
>>
Me and my 350___ viewers are already moving to hitbox.
>>
>>256853954
It was already a retarded service when they added the delay, don't know why people stuck with them through that.
>>
>>256853837
>twitter hashtag shitposting

Why are you such fucking worthless cancer?
And maybe they shouldn't take down music that the twitch person actually owns.
>>
>>256853954
It's a mutual relationship. Twitch cannot exist without its big name streamers. And several big name ones have already taken issue with this shit.
>>
>>256853849
>it competes with youtube
ayy lmao
>>
>>256853598

>First day launch of a brand new highly advanced system on a website that is one of the most popular sites on the entire internet and it has a few bugs

It's ruined forever!
>>
In all honesty, Google is looking to buy everything out. They seem like a scary, totalitarian corporation to me.

What once I respected, I now have only hatred.
>>
>>256854079
Yeah it's a shit system but people act like the concept is literally the end of the world, it's annoying seeing it spammed about.
>>
>>256850961
I too saw that Total Biscuit Vod *tips fedora*
>>
>can't play copyrighted music

Then why can they show copyrighted games?

And videogame soundtracks count too right? So all game footage needs to be muted?
>>
>>256854101
Youtube tried doing a streaming service but it failed, so google just bought twitch.

>>256854184
Because they are. You need to really question any country that ignores demands from China when operating in their country, and makes scary ass statements about how everything you do and say online should be recorded to be used against you in the future.
>>
>>256854120
It's not ruined, it's being shutdown and you do that by scaring away the smart folks leaving the retards to keep dishing out subscription fees until the employees just stop showing up for work like Justin.tv did exactly that on their last day.
>>
>>256854184
google is pretty scary
>>
File: Kovic.gif (1MB, 395x326px) Image search: [Google]
Kovic.gif
1MB, 395x326px
>Muting entire 30 minutes sections of video for like 30 seconds of muffled low-quality copyrighted audio
>Automated system actually mutes parts of Twitch's own streams

It's going great. Everything is great. It's totally fine.
>>
>>256854120

But the system has existed for years. Youtube used it before they did it on their own (and theirs sucks too). Why is it still such complete garbage?
>>
File: 1399368029014.gif (409KB, 1067x720px) Image search: [Google]
1399368029014.gif
409KB, 1067x720px
>we'll get sued if you make money from playing music while streaming
>but it's okay to stream video games and make money from it without permission
Explain.
>>
>>256853926
Wait its not illegal?

Explain.
>>
Tech companies are conglomerates on the level of Johnson&Johnson & GE fellas. If you don't mind continuing to fund venture capitlist faggots who go off and fund brand new Tumblr-like sites only to accelerate the retards that form in those places, please proceed as usual.
>>
>>256854308
>Youtube tried doing a streaming service but it failed, so google just bought twitch.

Sounds like every other fucking thing Google has done. Try something themselves, fail, buy up someone else instead, take credit for it.
>>
>>256854401
Let's not forget

>muted valves Dota2 international VOD
>For having dota music on during it
>music owned by valve
>>
This is ridiculous when you consider that twitch has existed for so long and that streamers have always played their music on stream, yet copyright owners never seemed to give a fuck but somehow now that google bought twitch they all care?
>>
>>256854345
>that entire week where they bought up a robotics company a day
>>
>>256854308
>youtube's livestreaming failed
>literally streamed the state of the union to tens of thousands of viewers on multiple occasions
there's no crossover in audience, nobody goes to YouTube to watch immediate livestreams because there's no way to advertise that your channel is hosting a stream, nor any way to discover current streams
They aren't competing in anything at all
>>
>not composing your own chiptunes and playing that as well as royalty-free music in the background

Plebs. Nobody wants to hear your Lady Gogo album.
>>
They don't have a license to stream copyrighted video games either so I guess they're out of business
>>
>>256854457
music industry is retarded
VG industry is little bit less so
>>
>>256854594
Which is why shit like google goes directly in the face of the founding idea of capitalism, which was to promote competition and new things. But that isn't how it works. Instead, if you fail you just buy out the competition so there's no choice but you, and then continue to do things in the shitty way you do them because you have murdered any possibility of creativity in the market.
>>
>>256854457

I can't
>>
At some point Google will manufacture every piece of small appliance and wifi-enabled device in your home, and that's probably before 2030.
>>
>>256854727

This. It is the uberdiculous irony which makes this failboat float.
>>
Why does this need to be automated again?

I mean if some company that owns rights to X song finds out that X song is being played on Y stream and they are upset about it they can just file a complaint and get it taken down that way.

It's not like they can just instantly sue twitch for it right there on the spot.
>>
>>256854280
They have a license to stream games. They don't have a license to stream music. Read da OP.
>>
>>256854645
Yeah, I'm sure that was the issue and not that there was a 30 MINUTE delay
>>
>>256854764
Why the fuck do fellow capitalists think this way? If you've sucked the oxygen out of the room, you fucking start selling it with 1000% margin.
>>
>>256854727
>>256854857
this sentiment was addressed in the AMA
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2cwfu2/i_am_twitch_ceo_emmett_shear_ask_me_almost/cjjo6hn
>>
>>256854457
They have a license to stream video games.
They don't have a licenese to stream music.
Read the OP. Or any article ever written about this ever.
>>
>>256854457
There is permission. In general video game companies allow it. Except nintedo who went full retard and started copyright claiming all their shit on youtube a while back.

The music industry is just maximum jew.
>>
>>256854457
They have licensing agreements with the VG companies I guess. Either that or VG companies aren't as retarded as the music industry.
>>
>>256854280
>And videogame soundtracks count too right? So all game footage needs to be muted?

Yes and yes. Pretty much all of twitch's VODs are useless now.

>>256854120

Oh fucking please. it will never improve, just like how Youtube's automatic takedowns never improved after years and years of constant errors. They don't give a flying shit.
>>
>>256854184
Respect for Google should only have lasted for those couple of years where it physically was a much better search engine than the alternatives like Lycos and Altavista.

Everything they've done since has been awful. From censoring their search engine which actively kills websites that can no longer find users because they don't show up on Google, or introducing an email system designed to steal even more data than even Facebook, or buying out a popular video streaming site and never improving on utterly basic features like 60fps support or half-decent encoding, or creating an internet browser that's an obvious fucking botnet designed to collect all the data of anyone stupid enough to use it.

They are quite easily the closest existing company to Skynet.
>>
>>256854858
Because despite how omnipotent and wacky-cool Google seems, they're actually just lazy Silicon Valley retards
>>
>>256854608
Success brings attention
>>
>>256854918
Everything YouTube does is in anticipation of large traffic
from frozen viewer counts on new videos to videos not being pushed to sub feeds before they've been processed to a certain quality, buffering a live stream of an important event is no exception to this trend
>>
As always the problem is with copyright law. It doesn't matter how beneficial or harmless having certain music is in a certain video, it's risking a massive fine for someone.
>>
>>256855040
>>256855027
>they got permission from every video game company in existance
I really doubt this. In fact, I am going to flat out say this is incorrect.
>>
>>256854965
but thats illegal
>>
>>256854457
some vidya companies aren't run by jerkwads
>>
>>256854457
The music industry is much older and more established than the game industry. There are massive, monolothic companies that hold and distribute the rights to millions of songs and have way more power and influence to throw around and get their way. Companies like BMI dwarf Activision and EA in terms of lobbying dollars, video game publishers have yet to establish this kind of presence in Washington yet.
>>
>>256855083
They're going to ruin Gmail and search is getting to a Lycos level despite it's massively great accuracy.
>>
>>256855027
>>256854748

Then why is in-game music being muted too? Do music companies really own all music playing in games?
>>
>>256855027
You have sstarted presedence now. Vidya companies WILL follow suit. The future is so bright, I don't need my eyes to see it.

>>256855245
Many companies in the vidya industry are worth way more than those in the music industry. Vidya is not a niche market anymore.
>>
>>256854685

Those get taken down all the time too. Automated system, or random unknown companies making claims for them. Youtube/google/ etc always complies no matter what.
>>
>>256854764
No, the issue here is retarded kids stumbling on a good idea as a total fluke. Nobody can explain why Twitch got popular, just like nobody can explain why Angry Birds, or Facebook, or any of a million things that appeal to pleb masses got popular.

Because of this huge luck based impact, you end up with morons running companies with huge success. Do you take 500 million now and quit, or do you keep building your own empire and make your kids billionaires?
>>
>>256855338
no
It has a list of names and music associated with these names, so for the example of dota 2 music, it flags it because valve is in the list and dota2 is under their name, but valve was streaming the shit on their channel.
Because it's so fucking automated and retarded it can't tell the difference
>>
>>256855215
I know which makes pure capitalism impossible because it will always require regulation, and Google is throttling its own users on Twitch in anticipation that it will get bigger. It probably will especially with all the endorsement/partnerships Google will heap on Twitch.

Nintendo pretty much married Twitch this past E3.
>>
>>256855368
>Many companies in the vidya industry are worth way more than those in the music industry. Vidya is not a niche market anymore.

Does not invalidate what was said at all.
>>
>>256855338
>murricandiscoversthetruth.png
>>
>>256853130
Cymatic Bruce is the only person I know that uses hitbox. Pretty cool site though.
>>
File: DarkKnightJokerAndHereWeGo.gif (1MB, 214x153px) Image search: [Google]
DarkKnightJokerAndHereWeGo.gif
1MB, 214x153px
>>256854607
> when the chips are down, these streaming sites... they'll eat each other.
>>
File: dunkindonuts.jpg (61KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
dunkindonuts.jpg
61KB, 400x500px
>But why are they allowed to stream games?
Because the gaming industry allows them to. The music industry doesn't
>Then why are they muting in-game music from video games?
It's a bug. They are fixing it.

How is this difficult to understand?
>>
There are Twitch apologists IN THIS VERY THREAD.
>>
>>256854858

That requires hiring someone to process the complaint.

They do take complaints from parties too though, but since they don't hire anyone to look into them, they never bother to see if the claim is justified or not, because that takes time. You could go take a bunch of things down yourself if you really want, and the accounts will likely be shut down without recourse.
>>
>twitch's own VOD got hit
>crowd cheering during ti4 was enough to mute Valve's own stream
This is some real horseshit.
>>
>>256855745
What's wrong with Twitch?
>>
Why do you people want the jews to win?

This does nothing but support the jews stranglehold on all media.
>>
>>256851909
>are people downloading music off a fucking video game stream?

The extremely elderly and out-of-touch geezers who run these companies apparently think so.

In reality, music in the background of a YouTube or Twitch video has literally never affected the sales of an album.
>>
File: 1406768188378.jpg (41KB, 770x434px) Image search: [Google]
1406768188378.jpg
41KB, 770x434px
wait can me and my 6_____ wivers not get to enjoy pandora music on my stream any more?
>>
>>256854457
The music industry are full of fucking dinosaurs that are very reluctant to get with the times and make changes to their business models.
>>
>>256855368
Those video game monoliths are stavved with people who KNOW a steady supply of money is coming in at all times because game enthusiasts are fucking insane and poor with their money.

The music industry is the American mafia at this point, constantly trying to figure out how to make a few dollars here and there, shaking down everybody in the process.

iTunes revenue is down, and the hail-mary to save the music industry Apple threw to them is disappearing and Apple is already expanding into other markets and products leaving music to wither.

Pirate everything, and buy it if you like it. Simple.
>>
>>256855938
hahahahah
no
>>
>>256855918
>music in the background of a YouTube or Twitch video has literally never affected the sales of an album.

I disagree, it's free advertising.
>>
>>256855918
No, but if the use of their copyrighted music benefits the stream and makes it more appealing, even slightly, then the streamer can't profit from it without a license.
>>
They could answer like that, but they'd be lying.
Safe harbor applies here. They don't have to do any of the shit they do to suck up to copyright holders. This includes scanning shit on YouTube.
It is up to the copyright holder to seek out individuals who violate their copyright and take them to court. Google has no responsibility to do this.
>>
>>256855736

>Because the gaming industry allows them to. The music industry doesn't

And when the gaming industry no longer allows them to? That is the ticking time bomb. SONY already knows that livestreaming is a big feature that people want, and its only a matter of time before the big boys with their own networks like Actiblizzard and Ubisoft set up their own viewerships and shut down the one site that is leeching off their IPs.

>It's a bug. They are fixing it.

Its official policy and its the nuclear option which allows Twitch to force streamers into cooperating with them.

Twitch has traps wired all over it. It practically has no longevity.
>>
>>256856035
The music industry is largely insignificant these days and has been falling since the boom of MP3s, which the industry never was able to control.
>>
>>256856153
He should have said
>music in the background of a YouTube or Twitch video has literally never negatively affected the sales of an album.
>>
>>256855912
Because
>muh law is infallible and represents absolute truth and justice
>>
>>256854061
whats your stream name and what do you normally stream?
>>
It's not a bug, fucking Youtube does it all the time, and Twitch is using those exact perimeters because again Google is fucking lazy, and Twitch people just got paid, fuck what happens to the product. Cashed out nigga
>>
>>256856212

Its either bullshit or corporate warfare tactics. The latter implies that Google does not want Twitch to get it entangled in legal battles. Youtube is already mired in VG corporate warfare as companies fight the fans to take down video footage of their video games.
>>
>>256852565
That's the textbook example of a loaded question.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loaded_question

But that isn't how you act when you're a CEO who is doing an AMA to try to convince people you're not bending them over and fucking them in the ass. Especially on a site like Reddit where the users are 14 and don't know what that means.
>>
>>256856250

>uplay
>origin

Yeah, that's a real smart move. Not saying they won't, they are more than happy shooting themselves in the other foot too
>>
You know what the best thing about all this shit is?

Streaming music doesn't negatively impact music sales. Streaming a game sure as hell affects the game sales.

There are a growing number of "gamers" who no longer play games. They just watch someone else play it for them, because games these days are solely about the story. The total lack of focus on any engaging gameplay mechanics has turned gaming into glorified movies, and shit like Twitch getting popular is going to fucking destroy sales of any single player game.
>>
>>256856459

This. Its always the low view count videos that get slammed with it on Youtube because obviously they don't give a fuck.
>>
>>256856312
Their current insignificance is telling when Rolling Stone magazine is thinner than even small circulation prints.

However when they were flush with cash before MP3's they bought out the government.

Video game companies may have started doing so a few years ago, but as far as I am aware legislators don't like the video game industry despite it being one of the top consumer markets in the country after tech.
>>
>>256853409
Safe harbor. They only have to respect DMCA requests. They are under no legal obligation to seek out and stop copyright infringement.
>>
>>256855912
Because there are people out there that dislike their own lives so much that they would rather let the jews win if it means harm to retards that make money off of playing video games.
>>
>>256853130
How is hitbox anyway? I've been looking for a new site to stream stuff on since i've been hearing twitch is awful.

I just want to stream my games to people that are willing to watch without asking for "LOL DONATE xDDD GIB MUNEY"
>>
>>256855587

Youtube's been this way for years now, why are automated systems still so shit? Can't they just make some obvious code to say "Do not delete <copyright owner>'s thigns on <copyright holder's> channel". They should have that data in the database right?
>>
>>256857047

I hear it's alright
>>
>>256857047
Seemed okay when I checked it out a few hours ago. Though it was a stream of j-pop music disguised as osu!, it seemed to work well.
>>
>>256857047
Their graphics were a bit amateurish and then I'm not sure when, it basically looks exactly like Twitch now.

They still ban for streaming music though, but people do it. Saw an anime music stream last night.
>>
>>256856190

Yeah, fair enough. If the music is prominently featured then they should pay royalties.

But I've heard horror stories of people's personal videos being muted on YouTube because they were filmed at a party where some copyrighted music was barely audible in the background. That's some fucking bullshit.
>>
>>256857047

For the purposes of streaming, Hitbox is practically identical to Twitch. The only thing it does not do are straight to youtube uploading.

If you do have a youtube account, I suggest you save your videos to HD instead of depending on hitbox uploads. For some reason, the hitbox footage stops recording at random. Its really inconvenient if you want to depend on uploads for your walkthrough footage.
>>
File: welp.png (1MB, 1556x811px) Image search: [Google]
welp.png
1MB, 1556x811px
>>256857156
>>256857285
>check it for myself
>all the popular stream are women with boobs in the cam

>>256857572
Well is it just music in general? If not I could always stream random music while playing LoL
>>
>>256857838
twitch is migrating alright
>>
>>256857838
That's not the current livestreams, m8.
>>
>creator of the necrodancer game got his own vod's and stream muted
holy shit great system, my fucking sides.
>>
>>256858508
>most popular streams still happen to be all chicks
>least popular is males
great
>>
>>256856790

Actually, failure to take reasonable steps to combat copyright infringement on their service could be interpreted as willful blindness on the part of Twitch. YouTube got dragged into a huge court battle by Viacom over this a few years ago:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viacom_International_Inc._v._YouTube,_Inc.

Reading the back and forth in this case is interesting, but this in particular stood out to me:

> Viacom did not seek damages for any actions after Google put its Content ID filtering system in place in early 2008.

If I'm running a streaming site and I can buy an off-the-shelf infringement identification system to prevent myself from getting dragged into a protracted court battle with Big Content, you better fucking believe I'll buy it, especially if I don't (yet) have Google's deep pockets.
>>
>>256856790
>They are under no legal obligation to seek out and stop copyright infringement.

Then why do they?
>>
>>256854748
>>
>>256859214

Why can't they improve the system though
>>
File: asjnoeard.png (2MB, 1718x794px) Image search: [Google]
asjnoeard.png
2MB, 1718x794px
>>256859187
Is that why all of the top current streamers are guys?
>>
>>256856667

Guily. I watched MGS4 on YouTube a few days before it released and I never felt the urge to actually play the game for myself because of it, even though I actually ended up owning it a year or so later.
>>
>>256859597
No chicks are on currently.

I'm pretty sure chick was streaming it would be top stream
>>
>>256859771
>I have no proof, but I refuse to back down
Classic /v/.
>>
>>256859471

The system only came out a few days ago. I fully expect the developers have been in crunch mode since this thing came out trying to figure out what was causing it to go haywire on so many legitimate videos.

This is probably as much of a pain in the ass for Twitch as it is for the streamers - you can't honestly think that Twitch looked at the Not Content ID product as anything more than some stupid shit they have to use in order to keep Big Content from suing them.
>>
>>256860298
>check list
>no chicks are streaming with a cam

Why do you refuse to accept facts? Females always get the larger audience on twitch or any streaming service.
>>
>>256850023
they dont have the license to stream every video game either and yet twitch doesn't get taken down?
>>
I wish I had money for a tech startup. I'd create a rival to twitch that does a few things differently:

1. 60/40 cut.
2. Actively enforce standards regarding lewd shit
3. When browsing games/streams the streams are completely random. They don't go in pure order by viewers. There would be options to narrow this down, or sort how you'd like, but by default (aka the lazy people) would see random streams, helping small and large streams. How would this help large streams? People would be seeking out good content and reward it with valuable contribution instead of typical twitch chat.
4. Have dedicated paid positions to help foster areas of the community (twitch has done this but it remains unclear to what effect).
5. Do not control our own reddit.
6. Encourage all streamers to use indie/copywright free music. Include spotlights for said music. Have links to support said artists.

I think that would really filter out a lot of bullshit.
>>
It's just for VODs, it's not as big of a deal.
>>
>>256860453

Think about this for a moment

>beta test the new shitty UI for months with user feedback before deploying it live
>take protectionism system online with no prior testing

Twitch staff don't give a fuck no more.
>>
>>256850520
Ya blew it. Everyone has the right to stream dota 2 music.

Valve has explicitly said so.
>>
>>256860686

For clarity's sake:

If you click on "GTA V" you would not just see the streams listed in order of current viewers. You would see a who random bunch. You could sort if you're logged in, if you'd like.
>>
>>256860686
You'd fail in a week.

People don't want alternatives. They want what everyone else is using, which is Twitch. They'll bitch and moan, but as long as Google spaces out the crippling changes to the site, nobody will ever leave. They'll grumble and keep watching.
>>
>>256860453
>The system only came out a few days ago.

I was talking about Youtube's. Their system is still fucking garbage and FULL of false positives that they never correct, and they've been using it for years.

And Twitch is not doing it themselves, they're hiring Audible Magic for it, and they're not new at all. Youtube used them years ago. And looks like they're still just as shit as before. "Growing pains" is not a valid excuse.
>>
>>256853616
The whole point of Google buying them is because they respect them enough as a company that they will become a genuine competitor with Youtube. They buy them out early to take them out of competition and then leave them to die.
>>
>>256860954
> but as long as Google spaces out the crippling changes to the site,

Just like Youtube.

How long until new redesigns every 6 months that never make any design sense?
>>
>>256861146
I know I'm looking forward to linking my Google plus account to my Twitch so I can chat with my real name!
>>
>>256860686

Yeah, and I want a pony.
>>
Oh look, another incident to let the saltlards ooze out of the woodwork and go B-BASED COMPANIES FUCKING EVERYONE IN THE ASS, I MIGHT BE LOSING CONSUMER RIGHTS BUT AT LEAST SOMEONE I FIND PERSONALLY GRATING W-WON'T MAKE MONEY

Then in a month twitch will silently reduce the efficiency of their robot just like youtube did and everyone will continue making money and the saltlards will go back to wishing they made stream/youtube bux
>>
File: 1405209781834.jpg (10KB, 159x250px)
1405209781834.jpg
10KB, 159x250px
>>256860459
>I refuse to be wrong on /v/!
You stated that top live streams on hitbox were women with boobs in cam. You were wrong. Stop trying to twist things to make yourself think you are right, it's really sad.
>>
File: Thor_hate.png (251KB, 582x348px)
Thor_hate.png
251KB, 582x348px
>>256853675
>For the love of Thor
>not By Odin's Beard

|f you're gonna be contrarily at least do it right
>>
They could just create an agreement with MPAA and give them money. Or give the streamer an option to give a cut of his profit to MPAA

But no, doing this nonsensical shit is the better option. An option that blocks public domain music.
>>
>>256850023
the problem with that answer is that videos are being muted due to in-game music. If they aren't licensed to stream the music from games, then they shouldn't allow streaming of games at all.
>>
>people think they actually did any "testing"

Here's what happened

1) Google says they have to be in line with their own policies
2) They sign up to the first audio-matching service in the phone book
3) They deal with the fan reaction

They will never improve. The false positives will never stop. Just like youtube.
>>
>>256861768

The RIAA is not satisfied with a cut.
>>
Why the fuck is everyone freaking out? People used VODs?
>>
>>256861768
> 2014
> expecting the MPAA, RIAA, or any other copyright holding industry to act reasonably and be capable of coming to an agreement
>>
>>256861878

Yes, believe it or not.

1. I watch a few podcasts/shows on Twitch, but am not always available to watch them when they're live. Reason being because I have a fucking life and I work nights.
2. Marathon events/speedruns - I watch a few vods a week from stuff like this.
3. The extreme minority (I'm not a part of this) do use vods to watch their favorite streamers whenever they miss them. A lot of people who enjoy twitch have cut the cords with their cable companies, and Twitch makes up a large part of their entertainment. These kind of people are often subscribed to many channels and are active in the "twitch community"
>>
Apparently they're limited VODs to 2 hours only. Won't that fuck over speedrunners?
>>
>>256862175
Oh, I didn't know people did that. I always just used Twitch whenever I was bored and watched whoever was streaming at the time that looked interesting.

I mean I figured some people were enamored with their favorite streamers but I figured those people just tuned in at the same time every day.
>>
>>256861096
>Twitch a competitor
Haha, are you retarded bro? The only people in Twitch are autistic kids and fat neckbeards, seriously who the fuck with an IQ of over 80 would watch some dumbass play vidya for 3-5 hours straight or even more? It's only the viewership I've mentioned above, and this user ship is exactly the one giving PewdiePie their clicks because they are heavy users...The rest of the Interwebs doesn't give a flying fuck for Twitch pricks
>>
>>256862495

Nah, Twitch, along with services like Netflix, are quickly replacing people's cable subscriptions. That's why anything that's gonna fuck with our enjoyment of Twitch is really fucking major.
>>
They will soon apply it to live broadcasts.
>>
>>256861875
>>256861927
They already have an agreement with Youtube.
>>
>>256862261
Speedrunners who need longer than 2 hours should kill themselves anyway
>>
So SDA's twitch channel is pretty much bombed now
>>
>>256862767
Who cares?
Twitch sucks ass
And the fact that their CEO handed his ass over to reddit only shows how much it sucks ass, doing an AMA because of fat neckbeards is the lowest level of beta
>>
File: Popular on Hitbox.png (1MB, 1702x550px) Image search: [Google]
Popular on Hitbox.png
1MB, 1702x550px
Okay, so I thought I'd go take a look at Hitbox, see who's playing what.

I really should have expected this.
>>
>>256863407

That queen bee character has to be the only female streamer, like holy fuck. She's actually disgusting to look at.

Then again, she's south American, so I guess those hue hues don't have lots of options.
>>
>>256857047
I find it very nice
streamed with no problems

saved videos needs bit of work but over good

the dashboard is really nice.
>>
>>256860686
>6. Encourage all streamers to use indie/copywright free music. Include spotlights for said music. Have links to support said artists.

If you got remotely popular you'd have big media flag you down with thousands of DMCA requests that you won't have the manpower to evaluate so you'll just remove the content in question.

If you get even more popular you won't have the manpower to remove the content individually either so you'll have to pay for a ContentID filter (sold to you by big media) and you'll end up in the same situation as twich.

I can't believe you faggots are mad at twitch and not at yourselves. No one can stand up to big mega corporations and conglomorates because Americans are fucking lazy and don't use their ballots and wallets effectively.

Everyone will bitch and moan till the end of time and *always* blame someone else, but the fault lies squarely on you for allowing your politicians and these companies to get in bed together and screw you over.

It was youtube yesterday, twitch today and itll be some other service you use tomorrow.
>>
>>256863407
>Miserable looking Russian chick with the chest tattoos

So you don't even have to be engaged or interesting in all with what you're playing? Being a girl is really just all it takes and people will still tune in and give you money?
>>
>>256861747
see>>256857838
Which is true

Currently there are females LIVE on stream right now if you want talk about TOP live streams right now
>>
>>256850023
>it was never a problem before the buyout
>it's clearly a stipulation of the buyout
>twitch gargling google cock for that sweet sweet dosh

People aren't mad that twitch is doing this, they're mad about WHY they're doing it.
>>
>>256863760
Hey hey hey, watch your mouth
Burgerlanders are fat and lazy, but they can use their wallets all right, at least for ruining competition in any business, like throwing their money at Comcast and AT&T or WalMart and BestBuy. Because that's how you get treated like a fuckin piece of shit, well served you Americans well I guess. At least they still have competition in the weapons industry, fair enough for them.
>>
>>256863760

Been writing my congress critters and senators about the RIAA for years. Infact, some of them have tried to make moves against the RIAA.

I'm just one person.

Don't accuse me of being lazy or out of touch.
>>
>>256850023
>>256850520
Thanks OP.

Fuck all freeloaders piggybacking on the content of real producers.
>>
>>256863760

I'm not american you faggot.
>>
>>256864165
Those aren't fucking live streams, those are recorded streams. Stop being retarded.
>>
But isn't listening to music on a stream a good way to promote it? More people will be interested in what they're hearing and eventually buy it.
>>
>>256864882
They are only deleting recorded Videos!
Have you still not grasped this little piece of detail you dumb ass?
>>
>>256863407
>QueenBee
is that the QueenBee Retsupurae made fun of?
>>
>>256864569
Oh WOW
You wrote a complaint to some dipshit that gets liquid cash enemas from the industries you're trying to reel in? Good job.

Words don't mean anything. They can ignore you with zero repercussions.

If your ballot doesn't work, use your wallet AND STOP FUCKING BUYING SHIT FROM THESE CORPORATIONS THAT FUCK YOU OVER
>>
>>256864593
>streamed my game for aggy diggy
>my own music
>my recorded videos are now muted
10/10 would ID again
>>
File: 1407366500385.gif (476KB, 438x325px) Image search: [Google]
1407366500385.gif
476KB, 438x325px
>>
>>256864637
It doesn't matter unless you operated out of some thirdworld shit hole fuck mop. You'd still get fucked by copyright holders.
>>
>>256865215
Why are current streamers not playing any music then?
>>
>>256865532
That's what ya get, criminal. You're getting off easy.
>>
>>256865520

I don't buy music.
>>
File: seriouslyryan.png (274KB, 652x490px) Image search: [Google]
seriouslyryan.png
274KB, 652x490px
>>256865726
Because their videos will get taken down after they are finished with streaming
>>
>>256864694
>recorded streams with the most views
>top streams that are view are women
>B-but it isn't!
>top stream views on twitch right now are women streaming
>Top stream that are popular are women

Whatever you say :')
>>
>>256865991
You're the cancer of the internet, guys like you are the very reason every young artists has to sign their soul to some label because they can't music and get a living off of it
>>
>Apparently one of the reasons Twitch has partnered with Audible Magic is due to putting VOD on other systems. There are plans to add these videos to the Xbox Twitch app, and Shear says that the changes are explicitly required for that.
>>
>>256866549
what the fuck anon
are you okay?
>>
>>256866898

Sorry, I don't buy music because of record labels. I buy independent music all the time. I also buy band merch and attend their shows. I just don't support label corporations because of the effects it's had on making music.
>>
>>256865991
>I don't buy music.
But most Americans use Twitch and Google services like Youtube and Gmail no doubt. And so many of you are corporate slaves. Look at the console wars in /v/ or android v. apple threads on /g/.
>>
>>256866898
I don't buy music either, I just Spotify. Am I cancer?
>>
>>256867461
Yeah, spotify is even worse than pirating IMO
The artist gets close to nothing while shittyfy and the labels take in all the sweet cash
>>
>>256867167
Well, that's fine I guess, so do I. People who pirate mainstream chart bullshit are the ones I was talking about
>>
>doing this suddenly with no warning or leaving any preparation for streamers to save videos

Shit move. Thousands and thousands of videos are now permanently ruined.

>Audio Recognition will only be run against audio in VODs. We are not scanning live broadcasts and there is no automated takedown of live content.

Blatant fucking lie
>>
File: ytube.png (205KB, 641x904px) Image search: [Google]
ytube.png
205KB, 641x904px
>>256867448
>>256867461
Kind of off topic but Google is also planning a paid Youtube music subscription service, so prepare for even more anal annihilation.
>>
>>256868030
>>256868025
this is absolutely terrible
>>
>>256867794
Guess I'll just be cancerous forever then. Spotify is too convenient of a service to pass on.
>>
Searching through the VODs on twitch were always fucking awful. Terribly designed.

All these changes are because of google though.
>>
>>256868238
pleb
do you even field recordings?
>>
>>256868030
Who gives a shit? I mean I won't pay YouTube a single cent for some shitty spotify copy(which is already crap)
>>
Don't care. The IRAA, and the companies that enable them, deserve all the shit they get for being backwards retards who think that killing fun will somehow increase their profits
>>
>>256868474
They will start to more aggresively take down music videos and songs. A huge, huge percentage of teens and the younger demographic uses it as their main source of music, they're gonna start zapping uploads that would harm their paid service.
>>
>>256866519
Then whats the point of saying >only vods are aren't going to have music

When every stream is just going to mute their music anyway?
>>
>>256868025
>Blatant fucking lie
I don't think they care, the videos will get deleted afterwards anyway, so why give a damn? I mean the Record Labels won't be too happy anyway, but they can't do anything because a streaming service is in the users hands and bla bla...
Point is Google has a lot of good lawyers, and the law is on their side then
>>
>>256868463
I'm a total pleb. All I want out of my music is a happy earworm melody that I can nod my head to while I'm doing something else.

Spotify works perfectly for me.
>>
>>256868804
Well, they don't have to mute their music, but since they are money greedy jew neckbeards they will do so because they won't get money after the stream the other way.

Bones redttee
>>
How come google, one of the biggest company in the world, have trouble with fucking copyright bullshit? Can't they just fucking buy the record companies?
>>
>>256869783

Because nobody wants to buy a corpse
>>
>>256869783
I cannot think of a more simplistic or wildly off-base interpretation of the recent events.
>>
>>256869783
kek
>>
>>256854089

>>256853821

Maybe they can get real jobs instead of playing videogames.
>>
Maybe LPers shouldn't have used copyrighted music?
>>
>>256870942
Twitch would go bankrupt if that happened
>>
If you want to make a living being an artist-

-You're not an artist
>>
>>256871459

If it's within the game it's fair use as long as it's related to the game.
>>
>say all VODs will be getting deleted
>say you're going to mute the VODs first

What the fuck?
>>
>>256871459

The games soundtrack counts as copyrighted music too.
Thread posts: 249
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.