[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so /v/ what do you think of the binding of isac

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 17

File: ieqwhgM.png (766KB, 1920x1080px)
ieqwhgM.png
766KB, 1920x1080px
so /v/ what do you think of the binding of isac
>>
>>256709978
It's alright.
>>
better then rogue legacy
>>
rebirth is a cool game and i'm excited to play it.
>>
>>256710324
Anything is better than "grind to win with shit mechanics"
>>
>>256709978
Where the fuck is the remake jesus fuckng christ its been forever just fucking release it already fuck.
>>
>>256710324
Of course it's better.
Rogue Legacy isn't even that great. But it's lots of fun
>>
>>256710324
Hardly an achievement

I hate these fake roguelikes everywhere
>>
>>256709978
vita version will be superb
>>
>>256709978
>mfw Rebirth will never EVER be released
>mfw no sad_yellow_face.jpg
>>
I got it from a humble bundle and it's sitting on one of my steam accounts, should I give it a go?
>>
>>256710743
why?
>>
It's not even a real Roguelike. Just play DCSS. More content and it is free.
>>
>>256710765

I'd say it's worth it.

The first hour or two are pretty hard to get into, since there's a shitload of stuff to unlock and you'll get shit on by crappy drops, but after that it starts to get addicting.
>>
>>256710653
Vita version is already confirmed to be the worst, it couldn't handle the PC&PS4 version's shaders and effect.

But yeah it's probably better than PS4 because you can take it around.
>>
>>256710743
Thank god. That shitty "LEL SO NOSTALGIA" artstyle was a fucking disgrace.
>>
>>256711364
>Vita version is already confirmed to be the worst, it couldn't handle the PC&PS4 version's shaders and effect
what shaders? source
>>
>>256711769
http://edmundm.com/post/93797852175/you-mentioned-that-some-details-will-be-toned-down-in
>>
>>256711094
I don't want to play a roguelike, holy shit, why do people like you hate it just because retards misuse the word to refer to it?
>>
>>256709978
Is Cain supposed to be Guts?
>>
File: 1407015486245.png (1MB, 905x725px) Image search: [Google]
1407015486245.png
1MB, 905x725px
I like BoI.

It's pretty fun. Rebirth is going to play a whole lot better and have more shit, but it's going to seriously lose some of it's charm.

The pixel art is growing on me mostly because it's clearly getting more polished with each update he post, but I'd still prefer clean good sprites to fake retro stuff or going back to the lazy flash shit like some crazies want.

The big problem is the HUGE downgrade in the music. It's boring as shit.
>>
>>256712273
it's ridiculous considering the game looks like a snes tittle
oh well at lest vita will still have 60fps
>>
>>256712493

Nah, it's just that him with Mom's Knife ends up being ridiculously powerful, but not so much as compared to Isaac.`
>>
>>256710546

>Death is a focus
>Random items
>Random dungeons
>Certain aspects carried over from precious playthroughs

Roguelike.
>>
>>256712718
That isn't like Rogue at all. Have you even played Rogue?
>>
>>256712572
Nicalis is coding it, blame them. I personally think Edmund is a fucking idiot, if the game STILL runs bad on PC I'm going to applaud his entrepeneurial spirit and then murder him.
>>
Cain is the best character in the game, prove me wrong niggers
>>
>>256712878
>if the game STILL runs bad on PC
It can't be, last time it was flash fault right?
>>
>>256713080

D6 issac is technically the best, but he's also boring as shit and easymode.
>>
>>256712820
>Bunny Must Die isn't anything like the original Castlevania, have you even played Castlevania?
>>
>>256713375
Bunny Must Die is also not called a Castlevanialike you fucking retard
>>
File: letgo.jpg (13KB, 395x395px) Image search: [Google]
letgo.jpg
13KB, 395x395px
>>256712820
>see all these Metroidvania games
>identify the Metroid
>Find none of the Castlevania
>realise the Castlevania they are referring to is SotN and onwards
>none of the linear arcade gameplay of the good Castlevanias
>it's still called Metroidvania
>>
>>256713214
If a game with a native resolution below 500p (I'm not fucking joking) and pixel graphics runs bad on the vita, everything's possible.
>>
>>256713452
It's called a Metroidvania, which means Metroid+Castlevania

Language evolves, and it's often literally used wrong for intensive purposes.
>>
>>256712718
Roguelikes are also grid-based and turn-based.

Rogue Legacy and BoI are not roguelikes.
>>
>>256712537
>lazy flash shit

The original art was crisp and attractive. The new art is dreary and less cute.
>>
>>256712643
the point of the image is that the effectiveness of mom's knife relies a lot of range, and if you have max range + polyphemus it becomes absurdly powerful
>>
>>256713649
Its still not called a Castlevanialike. But I understand what you think. Your strawman argument has failed and you're butthurt.
>>
>>256713865

yes it was crisp and attractive, and also doodled in 2 minutes by ed

I want the old crisp and attractive style with improved sprites.

The pixel art is fucking boring
>>
>>256714132
Binding of Isaac is like rogue in some aspects, you retard. It doesn't have to be a copy of the game.
>>
>>256714324
It's still not a roguelike, you donut.

It's closer to SmashTV and the original Legend of Zelda.
>>
>>256713479
>none of the linear arcade gameplay of the good Castlevanias
"good"
There's a reason why that model was abandoned, good riddance.
>>
>>256714324
>It doesn't have to be like Rogue at all to be called a roguelike!!!
I guess we should call all FPSes Wolfensteinlike, all RPGs D&Dlike, all JRPGs Final Fantasylike and all RTS Command and Conquerlike.

Because you know, it doesn't matter if they resemble the original game or the ones that popularized the genre at all to be called an "[X]like" according to you.
>>
>>256714324
there was a gathering of faggots to try to solidify the definition of roguelike. it's a word people take way too seriously and probably will forever. it's the reason rogue-lite is even a term. might as well say roguelike-like just to be super redundant
>>
>>256714513
Who made you king of definitions? Language is decided by democracy, which is why literally is a synonym of figuratively in the dictionary.

If everyone uses roguelike "wrong", then you're the only one that's using it wrong.

>>256714618
>at all
>in some aspects
Stop being butthurt
>>
>>256714324

>attempting to argue with an RLfag

don't even try, they'll cling to the Berlin definition like the it was something told on high from the angels above, despite the fact that genres have changed over the last 30 years.
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 362x269px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 362x269px
>>256714528
Please kill yourself
>>
>>256714731
>Who made you king of definitions? Language is decided by democracy, which is why literally is a synonym of figuratively in the dictionary.

and even in that case you're still wrong
http://www.roguebasin.com/index.php?title=Berlin_Interpretation
>>
File: 1375329412920.gif (33KB, 250x174px) Image search: [Google]
1375329412920.gif
33KB, 250x174px
>any game gets referred to as a rougelike
>swarm of semanticstalins sperg all over the term

like fuckin clockwork
>>
>>256714731
>look at me im so butthurt I have to greentext without arguments
FPSes have guns or combat at all, if they have any kind of maps or if they have 3D or 2D sprites they are "in some aspects" like Wolfenstein.

So all FPS are Wolfensteinlike according to you.

I'm just using your own argument against you. This is what you have been saying about Roguelikes. If it doesn't apply to all genres then it doesn't apply to Roguelike.
>>
>>256714990
I'm sorry, but that tiny group of people is smaller than the entire internet.

Also BoI has all of those except turn-based and grid-based.
>>
>>256715015
>casuals play casual games and call them roguelikes
>"that's not a roguelike bro"
>casuals proceed to bitch and whine
>>
>>256715207
And it seems that "the entire internet" as you call it, agrees with them and not you.
>>
>>256715207
BOI is a top down shooter.
>>
>>256715063
As long as they're "first person shooters", they are.

As long as a game is "like Rogue", it's a roguelike.

Before you pull MUH ASCII, are you saying that Doom is a true FPS but HL2 isn't because of the graphical limitations?
>>
>>256715259
no one is bitching, you started it nolife sperg
>>
>>256710765
YES
>>
>>256715409
Doom isn't an FPS. Its a Wolfensteinlike. Just like HL2 is a Wolfensteinlike because it also features similar game design like enemies that die when they are killed.
>>
>>256715461
you're bitching pretty hard right now

it's okay though

you're still hardcore to your mom
>>
>>256714990
>this is six years old
>>
>>256715335
>And it seems that "the entire internet" as you call it, agrees with them and not you.

>>256715389
Yes, just like most roguelikes are strategy games. And?

>>256715580
Why didn't you address any of my points and instead pretend I said something stupid?

Binding of Isaac is a roguelike, since it actually counts as one by the definition in that website. It's only missing two elements, and one of them is based on hardware limitations.

I'm sorry, but you've already lost.
Also genres change you fucking moron.
>>
>>256714324

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup is a roguelike. BoI is not. BoI is still amazing though.
>>
>>256715791
>Binding of Isaac is a roguelike

Not turn-based. Not a roguelike.
>>
>>256713649
>intensive purposes
Are you trolling?
>>
File: ajaz.jpg (27KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
ajaz.jpg
27KB, 375x500px
So should we use that shit name?
Should I even MENTION it?
>procedurally generated death labyrinth
There, I said it.
>>
I wonder why people like calling games like BoI and such roguelikes. They're not really all that close in gameplay asides from the inability to save at any time and randomly generated levels. Why not call them dungeon crawlers? I like BoI and all, but I think comparing it to Rogue and friends is a bit out of the question.
>>
File: ss (2014-08-07 at 02.29.16).jpg (28KB, 318x254px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2014-08-07 at 02.29.16).jpg
28KB, 318x254px
>>256715791
fuck, forgot image
anyway this obviously means most of the userbase disagrees with you

>>256715879
I still haven't been given any reasons why not. There are many roguelikes that don't fit two categories in the berlin list.
>>
>>256715879
>BoI is not. BoI is still amazing though.

I don't really get why people get upset when someone tells them such and such game isn't a roguelike. It's like they're afraid they're losing cool points or something.

Spelunky isn't a rougelike but it's still fun.
>>
>>256715947
The definition says it's an important factor, not necessary.

>>256716147
I don't get why you get upset when we borrow a word to define a similar unnamed genre.
>>
>>256716069
>I still haven't been given any reasons why not.
Not grid-based or turn-based.

>There are many roguelikes that don't fit two categories in the berlin list.
Then they aren't roguelikes.
>>
>genregrubs thinking this shit matters
>PEOPLE ARE CALLING IT SOMETHING I THINK ITS NOT

Literally retarded
>>
>>256716147
Because the roguelike genre is a very very specific thing, it's a niche genre that has been played for decades

Then it suddenly got this 'hardcore' reputation and you get all these shitty indie faggots trying to make their game look hardcore by calling it a roguelike, and idiots who have never played roguelikes eat it up

It's no wonder people get annoyed
>>
I prefer the term roguelite.
>>
>>256716328
>Then they aren't roguelikes.

Why do you need a genre for like 4 games? IVAN, DCSS, Nethack, Rogue itself, what else do you have? Just let us use the word for games with a similar feel you fucking genrelitist
>>
now everyone is arguing why did I expect better /v/?
>>
>>256716540
You do realise you're just giving away you don't know anything about the genre beyond what you picked up in passing on 4chan right?
>>
File: dandyeseme.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
dandyeseme.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>256714528
The same reason Final Fantasy saved Squaresoft and why shmups and challenging games don't exist anymore: you're a fucking casual.
>>
>>256716540
>Why do you need a genre for like 4 games?
>genrelitist

lolwut

there are hundreds of actual roguelikes out there
>>
>>256715791
>any of my points
You have none.

>It's only missing two elements
Being objectively wrong about a list of factors now is your game now? Alright obvious trolling at this point. I'll give you this last reply as you thirst for attention so hard you must be near-death.

>High value factors
>Random environment generation
>Permadeath
BoI has it
>Turn-based
BoI isn't turn based. There are no turns only cooldowns.
>Grid-based
There is no grid, you can freely move between each space and your character can take up less than an entire tile.
>Non-modal
BoI has this
>Complexity
BoI has no complexity as there is only one option to anything (shoot it until it dies).
>Resource management
BoI has no real resource management outside of bombs and keys. There are no healing potions you can keep around. Etc. This element is not in BoI.
>Hack'n'slash
>Exploration and discovery
BoI has this

So that's already 4 of the VERY IMPORTANT factors that BoI doesn't have.

>>256716069
>>I still haven't been given any reasons why not.
Yes you have: It isn't like Rogue. So its not a Roguelike.
>>
New thread topic:
>new thread topic:
New thread topic?

Come up with a new word or acronym to describe all games with random levels, itemization, and permadeath so fagkings can stop using a dungeon crawler term for games that aren't dungeon crawlers.
>>
>>256715015
it only got worse after that fatfuck at Retsurpae started talking about it, the wave of shitposting that descended upon the internet about hurr durr hurr that's a dumb term hurr... was gutwrenching.
>>
>>256716540
m8 nethack itself has so many derivatives that you'd have well more than 4 just from that alone, leaving aside shit like ADOM, Brogue, Angband and those are just the really popular ones. There are dozens if not hundreds more.

Decades before your little hip 8 bit indie platformers got popular people were making roguelikes, it was the genre of the indie scene

You are hugely ignorant, which is no fucking surprise
>>
>>256716909
>BoI has no complexity as there is only one option to anything (shoot it until it dies).

Holy shit did you even play the fucking game

>There are no healing potions you can keep aroun
DID YOU EVEN PLAY THE FUCKING GAME
>>
>>256716935
roguelite is a pretty cool term

>dungeon crawler
but dungeon crawlers are games like wizardry and legend of grimrock
>>
>>256717036
You probably shouldn't agree with the retarded casuals who are new to videogames if you want to pretend you're "so oldschool these kids are ruining everything."
>>
>>256716540
This is every person who calls Rogue Legacy / BoI / FTL etc a roguelike.
>>
>>256716935
If you ask /v/ we're just going to come up with some unfunny and incredibly-forced bullshit like "ASSFAGGOTS" again.
>>
>>256716935
Just call them dungeon crawlers.
>>
>>256717307
Forgive the casuals. They only know about video games they can see on Steam.
>>
>>256717307
FTL is grid based, turn based, and fits every definition of roguelike, though
>>
>>256717362
Fun fact: ASSFAGGOTS was a joke made up to make fun of people who didn't want to use the term DotAlike.

Using ASSFAGGOTS is like saying "hey im a big fat retard"
>>
>>256717213
is it okay if i just dislike slowbeef really really hard though
>>
>>256716909
pills cards and trinkets, to address the resource management
>complexity
literally are you fucking joking. just leave.
>>
>>256717613
>>complexity
>literally are you fucking joking. just leave.
What is the solution to enemies and bosses (which by the way are anti-roguelike) besides killing them until they die?
>>
>>256717551
Fun fact: roguelike was a seriousbusiness word made up to feel superior to people who used roguelike to refer to games similar to rogue

Using roguelike is like saying "hey im a big fat autist"
>>
>>256717206
That's why the most successful roguelike is called (Dungeon) Crawl.

"Roguelite" would probably be alright if it didn't degenerate into thread shitting in every forum ever, since the games are inevitably less like Rogue and more like 100 other games for every example of "roguelites".
>>
File: ann_gay_ming.jpg (5KB, 165x115px) Image search: [Google]
ann_gay_ming.jpg
5KB, 165x115px
>>256717759
>enemies and bosses
>anti rougelike
>anything but killing them until they die or running in other rougelikes
>>
>>256717759
>What is the solution to enemies and bosses (which by the way are anti-roguelike) besides killing them until they die?

What is the solution to enemies in roguelikes besides killing them until they die? Running away is also an option in BoI, just use bombs.
You can also use items, tarot cards, pills, etc. etc.

There are other attack types besides tears, and tears themselves have many variations.

And bosses are not anti-roguelike according to the roguelike definition.
>>
>>256717759

Since when have actual roguelikes been about choices? I've played DCSS, and last I checked you can't talk a boss or enemy out of fighting you, nor can you reason with an enemy to make them see the error of their ways and leave you alone.

"Killing until they die" is pretty standard across the board with a few genre exceptions.
>>
>>256715791
>Yes, just like most roguelikes are strategy games. And?
They are dungeon crawlers. You havent played a single one, have you? Plus the berlin interpretation is bullshit. I have no idea why either side brings it up.
>>
Looks pretentious and hipster as fuck, and for some reason I always associate it with Phil Fish.
>>
>>256709978
I didn't like it. There are a lot of flaws and a lot of luck involved in a successful playthrough, a lot of which is unable to be controlled by the player. But I'm just not into games like that.
>>
>>256717481
That's debatable.

One big point is that you control more than one dude.

That makes it closer to X-COM than Rogue.
>>
>>256718097
>They are dungeon crawlers.
If Zelda 1 is a dungeon crawler, then BoI is one too.
If there's no official interpretation, then I can use the term whatever way I want, so arguments are pointless. I was challenging that faggot, not the definition itself.
>>
>>256718110
There's a character in the game that wears a fez called Judas, because Phil Fish betrayed the developer at a games convention by voting his own game and voting against BoI's dev's

they are mortal enemies
>>
>>256717983
>randomly quote enemies AS WELL as bosses
Why don't you start by mentioning all the bosses (plural) in Rogue. Then we can move on to how you're obviously baiting by also le epic memetexting the word enemies.

>>256718006
>>What is the solution to enemies in roguelikes besides killing them until they die?
Transform them, charm them, sneak around them, make them run into traps?

>>256718040
>Since when have actual roguelikes been about choices?
Since they had inventories.
>>
File: tomo sky.jpg (68KB, 957x707px) Image search: [Google]
tomo sky.jpg
68KB, 957x707px
ITT: Butthurt casual gamers from the COD4 generation of videogames (or later) get mad that they don't understand things they never tried to understand.
>>
>>256717940
>>256717307
>BoI
>zeldalike smashlike zeldalite smashlite
hell lets liken it to streets of rage and other crawlers too. you move between rooms and you attack things and you have HP.

>rogue legacy
>metroidlite castlevanialite rpglite
we should call it fps-like too because even though its not a first person shooter, you can still shoot projectiles and move your character around and open doors like in Doom

>FTL
>wingcommanderlike descentlike VGAharrierlite
we may as well call this a sandbox MMO too because your characters gain skills as they work and you can post pictures of your ship online for massive multiplayer
>>
>>256718595

>Transform them, charm them, sneak around them, make them run into traps?

Other than "transform", you can more or less do all those in BoI with the right tools. Place a bomb near a door and you can slip right past enemies without killing them, certain active items can make enemies not attack you as well as some passives, and plenty of enemies will run into traps if you guide them.
>>
Jesus christ this is so fucking simple

Roguelike is a genre consisting of games that were based on rogue

Are you not sure if it's a roguelike? Ask yourself, does it play like rogue?

Rogue is a pretty specific fucking thing, so it should be easy. If it does, it is. If it's a 2d retro platformer that shares some mechanics with rogue (permadeath, randomly generated levels), then it's not. It just shares some mechanics. It's not even the same fucking genre.
>>
>>256718595
>make them run into traps?
There are several trap items and you can place bombs on top of that

> sneak around them
there are items that make enemies run away from you, ignore you, protect you from them, and you can use bombs to escape the room

>charm them
Skatole makes fly enemies become allies

>Transform them
This isn't in, but some enemies transform under determinate circumstances

Basically you know nothing about BoI and that's why you don't know it's a roguelike. Bravo.
>>
Hopefully the old music is unlockable in rebirth because the new music is pure shit.

WTF was he thinking!?
>>
>>256719049
We're just reusing a word that's fallen into disuse because some games borrows heavily from roguelikes and we have no word for them.

Roguelite just isn't mainstream. Accept it, your old roguelike word is dead.
>>
File: id fuck him.jpg (59KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
id fuck him.jpg
59KB, 500x500px
>>256719049
Redditors are angry that they're not all knowing gurus of gaming. They're also super mad their casual game (BoI) isn't actually a roguelike.

Either that or they're trolls.

Either way its not worth replying to such retards. They've been proven wrong so hard by now that its embarassing.
>>
>>256719253
DannyB got mad at Edmund because he didn't like his attempt at a Mewgenics soundtrack.

They're now mad at each other. Don't worry, if mods don't come out in 10 minutes I'll mod the old music myself.
>>
I payed money for a Flash game. I don't care if it is a good game, it's written in Flash and I'm having none of that.
>>
>>256719264
It hasn't fallen into disuse, it's a genre that is as active as it was decades ago

The only difference is a bunch of faggot indie devs started trying to use its reputation for their games, and wrongly attached the title to their games to make it look cool

It is literally the same thing as gamer chic women coming in and calling themselves gamers even though they aren't and just want it for the street cred
>>
>>256719264
>some games borrows heavily from roguelikes
Games like BoI and Rogue Legacy of course not being those games.
>>
>>256718787
Look, the controls were to floaty and it was like you were on ice.

The game was trying to be a new cool zelda 1 with the controls of super meat boy.

I think the idea was great but the controls ruin the game.

Also the game can be very cheap, aka directly cheating.
>>
>>256719368
>casual game (BoI)
...how? If BoI is a casual game then Rogue itself is. Hell, I think Rogue is easier since you don't have to make real time decisions.
>>
>>256719264
And it's being used for the sole reason that everyone is too stupid to come up with a new name for it.

Myself included. But I never would have called them a roguelike/lite in the first place because I'm not a fucking mongoloid who has never played Rogue or a roguelike.
>>
>>256719567
I'm starting to think you're trolling now
>>
>>256719491
We talked above about how BoI is a roguelike without a grid and turns. It has everything else.

>>256719549
>floaty controls
I think you played on a shitty computer, but don't worry, Rebirth is going to fix the performance problems.

And when did it cheat?
>>
>>256719567
It doesn't even fucking have an inventory screen. Holy shit how much denial and butthurt are you in right now?
>>
>>256713479
>echoing game grumps
>>
>2014
>people STILL saying BoI, Spelunky, and Rogue Legacy are Rogue-likes

They're Rogue-like-likes.

Rogue-likes are turn-based.

Get it together people.
>>
File: Abraham_binding_Isaac_2.jpg (62KB, 745x589px) Image search: [Google]
Abraham_binding_Isaac_2.jpg
62KB, 745x589px
>>256719427

You'd be doing God's work. Good on ya.

What is it with McMillen and getting in feuds with former business partners?
>>
>>256719689
It's a different genre entirely, it just shares some mechanics
>>
>>256719656
There are several people talking about the subject, but what exactly in my post makes you think I'm trolling?
>>
>>256719689
>>We talked above about how BoI is a roguelike without a grid and turns. It has everything else.
Proven wrong in this very thread. Try harder troll.
>>
>>256719817
I refuse to believe someone who has played both games would honestly say BoI is harder than Rogue

If you removed the zelda combat BoI would have the depth of a paddling pool
>>
>>256719759
>It doesn't even fucking have an inventory screen
It has 6 types of inventory slots, it just doesn't NEED an inventory screen because it's on the HUD.

>trinkets
>bombs
>keys
>usable items
>cards/pills
>passive items
>>
>>256709978
I like it. I've unlocked everything, so I'm not playing very often anymore
>>
Why do you care if it's a roguelike or not or if someone is using a term correctly?

When is BoI2 out?
>>
>>256719814
..which is why I said "borrows heavily". It's not just some, it's EVERYTHING but grid and turns.

You could call it an action roguelike or something.

>>256719883
based on false facts that were refuted
>>
>>256719785
borderline personality disorder
probably, i have no idea
>>
>>256720035
>literally doesn't know what an inventory is
Holy shit when did you start playing videogames? I'm pretty sure even Skyrim had an inventory.
>>
>>256720013
>if you remove [main gameplay feature] BoI would have the depth of a paddling pool

Oh boy, if you removed enemies from Rogue it sure would be easy! This proves the game is casual shit!
>>
>>256720171
>>based on false facts that were refuted
0/10 Bait more intelligently next time.
>>
>>256720149
Late August for Vita and PS4, October 4th for PC, trailer coming next week. Tell Edmund to go fuck himself for rejecting my offer.
>>
>>256720171

its a roguelike-like

because its like a roguelike.
>>
>>256720316
>Remove a game element that Rogue doesn't have and this 'roguelike' loses its entire point!
wow gee whiz isn't that odd
>>
>>256720268
Anon, let me explain this to you.

You pick up items constantly. They go to your inventory. Some of them are passive so they remain in your inventory permanently. Some can be used and spent freely, like pills, keys, bombs,etc.

What else do you think an inventory is for?
>>
>>256720548
Rogue doesn't have challenging combat?
>>
>>256720574
Go learn what an inventory is.

Or at least get your bait to make sense.
>>
>>256720574
equipped items =/= inventory

fucking moron
>>
File: Capture.jpg (15KB, 308x106px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
15KB, 308x106px
>>256710765
Yep. Do it.
>>
>>256720709
>http://www.giantbomb.com/inventory/3015-513/
>In many games a player is only allowed to carry a set number of items, this means that a player must prioritize certain items over others in order to manage the amount of space available.

One slot for pills, 99 slots for bombs, 99 slots for keys.

Not all inventories are like the ones in your RPG, anon. I'm sorry you're too new to games to realize it.
>>
>>256712537
Yeah without Danny is not the same. The new music is not on the same level, it's halo 4 all over.
>>
File: bait-poster02.jpg (498KB, 1350x2000px) Image search: [Google]
bait-poster02.jpg
498KB, 1350x2000px
>>256721038
>>
>>256721210
You still haven't explained why it isn't an inventory, just yelled bait to cover your ass because you never actually played BoI.
>>
Are roguelike fans the most autistic fanbase in existence? It seems like every time there is a thread about a game that borrows some ideas and gameplay mechanics from Rogue. The fags come into these threads like locusts and complain in every other post about how this game isn't a roguelike.
>>
File: nightmare vision.png (32KB, 591x275px) Image search: [Google]
nightmare vision.png
32KB, 591x275px
why the FUCK is it so hard to kill poop and fire with spectral tears?
>>
>>256721324
>troll is begging for a reply
Ok but just one more.
>>
>>256721063
I wonder why Ed didn't contract Danny for the music again.
>>
>>256721452
Please explain I'm not even baiting, the fact that it's extremely limited doesn't make it less of an inventory

>>256721383
Yes.
>>
>>256721509
>>256719427
>>
>>256721383
>resorting to ad hominem because you can't actually argue a point
>>
File: GODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNIT.gif (433KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
GODDAMNITGODDAMNITGODDAMNIT.gif
433KB, 320x240px
>>256720879
>153 hours here
>only thing left to unlock is Mom's Contact
>>
>>256722154
D6 isaac, just reroll until you get mom's eye, then open all the golden chests you see and keep rerollan
>>
>>256719049
I was never into roguelikes, but when I played Rogue it felt like Mystery Dungeon, but a little more aged and significatnly harder.
>>
>>256720171
It's a Zelda-like.
It's 90% like Zelda (10% loss because Zelda has everything in BoI but also adds more).

It's a Doom-like.
It's 80% like Doom because you shoot projectiles at enemies while navigating through the environment, you can pick up new weapons, you use keys to open new doors, and you fight the demons. It might not be a FPS, but its still a shooter so it's basically a FPS-like. There's no difference.

It's not a Rogue-like.
It's less than 20% like Rogue because it has no character creation, no skill lists, no spells, no leveling up, no planning, no analyzing situations to succeed, no turns, no dungeon crawling, no [the entire list of pages from the wiki], and very simply looks absolutely nothing like Rogue.

BoI is officially a Zeldoomia game.
>>
>>256723461
http://www.roguelikeradio.com/
>>
>>256723620
autismus maximus
>>
>>256723620
>It's less than 20% like Rogue because it has no character creation
but it does
>no skill lists
but it does
>no spells
but it does
>no leveling up
but it does, it's just stat-by-stat
>no planning
but it does
>no analyzing situations to succeed
but it does
> no turns
true
>no dungeon crawling
but it does
> and very simply looks absolutely nothing like Rogue.
dungeons of dredmor confirmed for not roguelike
>>
>>256721590
an inventory is a place where items of different types are stored and retrieved from. see: re4, zelda, fucking runescape

contrast things like wallets, bomb bags, etc, which are used to hold a single type of item
>>
File: Capture.jpg (182KB, 971x711px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
182KB, 971x711px
>>256722154
FFFF
>>
>>256724348
Except "different types" is bullshit.
>>
Thought I'd found a Binding of Isaac thread, but turns out it's just a bunch of autistic nerds arguing about what's a roguelike and what's not a roguelike. You people are fucking losers. I always thought people on /v/ were joking when saying shit like "normalfags" and acting like neckbeards. I feel sorry for you guys.
>>
>>256724653
Good, fuck off
>>
>>256724653
I pretended to give a shit in order to make autists bump the thread, but nobody talked about BoI in the end ;_;
>>
>>256724643
the new item in rebirth that allows you to hold two cards/pills fits the most basic of definitions for an inventory, at the least
>>
>>256725492
BoI: Rebirth confirmed for roguelike.
>>
>>256724296
>It's less than 20% like Rogue because it has no character creation
>but it does
no it doesn't
>no skill lists
>but it does
no it doesn't
>no spells
>but it does
no it doesn't
>no leveling up
but it does, it's just stat-by-stat
no it doesn't
>no planning
>but it does
no it doesn't
>no analyzing situations to succeed
>but it does
no it doesn't
> no turns
>true
no shit retard
>no dungeon crawling
>but it does
no it doesn't
>and very simply looks absolutely nothing like Rogue.
>dungeons of dredmor confirmed for not roguelike
it looks reasonably similar

Stop being mad that its not a roguelike and that it's a zeldoomia.

Language evolves.

Calling it a roguelike is just as bad as describing the game by saying its as hard as Dark Souls.
>>
>>256726198
Anon, you're so mad you went full retard, fuck trying talking with you.
>>
>>256726198
it's just a fucking name that's been used to describe the scene and the people developing said games, fucking hell
>>
rage of isac, i find the game hard.
>>
>>256726432
yeah that's what happens when you can't win an argument

I'll be over here playing my zelda clone and you can play your dark souls prepare to isaac edition

>i died once so its like dark souls
- you
>>
>>256727085
generic butthurt reply that gives you attention
>>
If we took all the people who get autistic over the term roguelike and put them in death camps, the world would be an objectively better place.
>>
guys in this game you shoot things it is obviously a shooter
Thread posts: 181
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.