[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i just finished earthbound for the first time today, /v/. i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 42-capture_12022008_061245.png (19KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
42-capture_12022008_061245.png
19KB, 512x448px
i just finished earthbound for the first time today, /v/. i tried a couple years before but quit just a bit into twoson because the fucking mushrooms

anyway, neat/10. i knew most of what to expect from the end bits but it was super trippy and very creepy anyway. i'm curious: did anybody here go into the giygas fight completely cold? it seems like the kind of thing that relies on you having no idea it's coming

also this music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cwyz-3gxOk
>>
>it was super trippy and very creepy

babby's first azazoth
>>
File: zlCfzSQQPj0hHigaF1.jpg (49KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
zlCfzSQQPj0hHigaF1.jpg
49KB, 800x450px
I finished it half an hour ago.

I already miss it.
>>
Give Mother 3 a try. It's not as good IMHO, but it's worth playing.
>>
I beat this game years ago over a summer holiday, on an emulator. I remember this song making me feel sad, because the game was drawing to a close, just like the summer holiday was when I beat the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvkMUinORSg
>>
File: Magicant.jpg (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Magicant.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
Sadly, I knew about Giygas before battling him my first time. Still a very enjoyable game.
Magicant is my favorite part of the game.
>>
I think everyone knows about Giygas since hes on top of every "scary final boss fight" list
>>
File: 5147e139KRFV9eYJ.png (303KB, 600x540px) Image search: [Google]
5147e139KRFV9eYJ.png
303KB, 600x540px
Anybody has tried to do a 1/128 run? Basically, you try to get every 1/128 item before progressing. Like pizzas near the arcade at the beginning or bombs from those weak ass slugs in Giant Step. It seems like something only a truly dedicated fan would attempt.
>>
>>256268001

>1/128 item

I don't get it.
>>
>>256269579
Item drops. Some enemies have items that have a 1/128 chance of dropping, like Poo's only weapon in the game, the Sword of Kings.
>>
>>256267382
10/10 image
If you removed Porky
>>
>>256269928
good god that sword took fucking forever to grind
>>
oh, i'd already given up on the thread, nice to see it not dead

i read a thing somewhere that suggested the difficulty spikes (twoson, department store->moonside, etc) weren't pacing mistakes, but were deliberately set up to make you feel frustrated and overwhelmed so that you'd better appreciate when new party members joined and you could turn the tables

if that really is the case (which, who knows) i'm not sure if that's really smart or really aggravating
>>
>>256265289
>pencil eraser
>erases pencil

Ok that's pretty funny

>later, come across iron eraser
>"uh,"
>use the eraser eraser

It's so stupid it's funny all over again
This game is great
>>
>>256269928
>Effectively played through EB twice
>Still have never gotten the damn sword
No, it's whatever, FUCK YOU!
>>
>>256265289
>pencil-shaped iron statue
>penis-shaped iron statue

this game really is about sex
>>
>>256265289
Holy shit man, you just described my experience with Earthbound to the T. I finished it for the first time about two to three days ago after having given up on it about a year ago because of the mushrooms and because the slingshot never lands a hit.
>>
>>256272580
>you later get blocked by a rubber
>condom symbolism
>>
>>256272764
what in the fuck, that's not the post i quoted. i clicked on >>256271159.
>>
>>256270936
I got the game on the VC and thought to myself "this is the run, this is the fucking run where I get the sword". I then spent two hours looking for it to no avail. Next day, I found it on the fourth starman. I didn't even look up the stats or anything, but it only boosts Poo's offense by a mere 30. It's not worth it, but a nice surprise if you do find one.
>>
>>256272580
You're not supposed to use slingshots, they miss all the fucking time.
>>
>>256265289
I knew what Giygas looked like, but I had no idea you had to pray. I tried beating the everloving shit outta him like 6 times.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.