[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many people hate on iron sights in FPS and speak as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: ironsights.png (462KB, 819x681px) Image search: [Google]
ironsights.png
462KB, 819x681px
Why do so many people hate on iron sights in FPS and speak as if it was so much better when you could only shoot from the hip? In reality, shooting from the hip is impractical and imprecise. The iron sights are on the gun because you need them for lining up a shot correctly. I can pretty much guarantee you that anyone who hates iron sights has never fired a real gun before (I have a conceal and carry permit so I know a thing or two about guns).
>>
Sounds like your dad is the one with the permit
>>
>>255843708

Its not about realistic shooting, its people who liked arena shooters and want fps to be fun again
>>
>>255843925
this.
>>
>>255843708
Because the funnest fps are the ones that require twitch aiming and you moving fast, not taking the time to aim.
To be fair I don't mind crosshairs in games as long as they aren't intrusive and are fairly minimal (single dot on the screen). ADS is fucking horrible though.
>>
Retards complaining about shit that isn't geared towards them.
>>
if i wanted reality i wouldn't be playing video games now would i
>>
counter strike is shit
>>
>>255845204
Want realism? Join the army :^)
>>
>>255843708
People hate iron sights since its somewhat of a recent trend. Im not against it, but not every game needs it. Same thing with the two weapon limit. Its understandable for a few games to use it, but every game? Shit like two weapon limits shouldnt exist in games like bioshock.
>>
>>255843708
>In reality
Reality is not a video game.

>I can pretty much guarantee you that anyone who hates iron sights has never fired a real gun before
My granddad taught me to shoot when I was 6 with our horrible Savage. Ironsights in video games are ass.
>>
>>255843708
Because it isn't fun to play with, faggot.
>>
It depends on the game. In a "realistic" shooter I prefer iron sights and no crosshair.
>>
>most generic FPS 123
>marketed as "muh realism"
>weapon is ALWAYS shouldered
>if you fire without using the sights you have the accuracy of a fuck that has Alzheimer
>if you aim you are laser accurate
>maps wouldn't even warrant using the sights since they are so cramped
Also, if you hate them on principle you're an humongous faggot. Not every FPS needs to be Quake or UT.
>>
Because I don't play video games to pretend I'm killing people, I play video games to show superiority in a skill-test.
I don't need to control some soldier who can't aim for shit, I'd rather play a game where the only thing between me and the opponent is our individual skill.
But you enjoy your bullets flying out sideways and at crazy velocities that have nothing to do with where the gun is pointing! Because who gives a shit about how bad of a mechanic it is as long as you can pretend cawwadooty is a fucking milsim.
>>
File: 1396589205769.jpg (609KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1396589205769.jpg
609KB, 1920x1200px
>dat feel when taking a knee in BF4 and firing a burst into an enemy downrange through some ironsights/RDS/ACOG

>dat feel when you strafe and blast some poor sucker with hot lead/plasma/disks in Q3:A or SST

I find both to be satisfying and fun if you happen to prefer one over the other than quit being a faggot and go frag some Charlie.

Since when did it become cool to hate everything? Gamers are terribly whiny and entitled. In a world with online fees, flavor of the week misogyny and DLC bullshit everywhere why can't we address the actual problems?

We're arguing about hipfiring and gun sights but we can't even keep from shooting ourselves.
>>
ACR ironsights were good though

ACR ironsights > ump
>>
>>255847526
Aiming requires skill.
Twitch firing requires skill.

People like showing off skill.

Basic enough?

Who care, really? To each his own.
>>
>>255843989
>>255844750
>>255847428
Refer to >>255844929
>>
>>255847032
i loved Iron Sights in new vegas because it had the wide open spaces that allowed Iron Sights to become a viable alternate to spamming VATS
>>
File: 1401511399735.png (79KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
1401511399735.png
79KB, 250x238px
>>255843708
>in reality
>>
>>255847683
>Twitch firing requires skill
False.
It requires natural talent, something that cannot be learned. You can imitate it to some degree but will ultimately fall behind people who actually have the gift for it. Much like micro ability.
>>
SHIT NIGGA IS THAT SOME ACR?

>dat smooth low recoil handling
>>
>>255847032
>if you fire without using the sights you have the accuracy of a fuck that has Alzheimer
This always pissed me off when I played CoD with friends. Unless you're using the sights you can never hit anyone.
>>
>>255843708
Oh, and magical zooming in when it happens is realistic too, right?

Fuck ADS, I hate how every single fucking FPS these days has it. It's my single most hated game mechanic and every FPS depends on it to give them an illusion of depth.

Sure, it's okay in some games that actually work with it (Fallout NV), but not on every single one. Why do they keep doing this?
>>
>in reality

It might mean something if the video game actually forced you to line up the sights, but functionally there is no difference between the two.
>>
>>255848337
thats like saying you cant get better at the "cerebral" aspect of the game because you have your natural intelligence and more gifted thinkers will be able to outsmart you easier. aiming, just like any other skill, is something that you can improve
>>
>>255843708
The only people hating on iron sights are /v/ kiddies trying too hard to be SOOPAH HARDCOOR XD.
>>
>>255843708
>I have a conceal and carry permit so I know a thing or two about guns
Doesn't mean you know shit about guns you fucking moron. Any monkey can get a permit you fuck
>>
>>255847526
>>dat feel when taking a knee in BF4 and firing a burst into an enemy downrange through some ironsights/RDS/ACOG and letting the aim assist hit the target
>>
>>255849316
No.

Fuck you and fuck your ADS.

I just want to be able to move at the same time as shooting. That's my idea of fun.
>>
>>255849325
>I don't have gunz I know nothing
Owning a gun license requires you to know a thing or two
>>
>>255849678
The average CCW class consists of teaching people how to use holsters and telling them the 3 rules of gun safety. Having a CCW doesn't mean you know shit about guns. Better question: how many rounds of ammunition do you go through in a month?
>>
>>255849678
Oh yeah well I have a hunting license so I know a thing or two about how to use a deer
>>
>>255848764
Muh lazor
>>
>>255849678
No it doesnt you fucking moron
Bet you dont even shoot
>>
>>255849965

famas was the laser.

i think it was also better stat-wise, lowest time-to-kill of any AR.
>>
>>255849883
This just made me laugh so much harder than i want to admit
>>
>>255849678

Not true. You can apply for a FOID card and get it with no classes whatsoever.

a CCW course requires a class, but that's it.

>>255849790
>that feel when my CCW course was taught by ex-state troopers and had gun safety, aiming practice, how to operate multiple types of firearms, etc.

seriously glad I did it.
>>
>>255849663
this is basically my only complaint about irons. when you put iron sights into the game and create a segregation between mobility and accuracy, you severely limit what the player can do at any given point
>>
>>255850395
>>that feel when my CCW course was taught by ex-state troopers and had gun safety, aiming practice, how to operate multiple types of firearms, etc.

This is mandatory in the state of Florida, barring the state trooper part as a necessity.
>>
>>255850572

I'm pretty sure it's the same in Illinois, it's just that some states don't have any standards, which is why you have chucklefucks saying "YO I GOT CONCEALED CARRY" and then get into a situation where they have no idea how to use their gun or if said use is even appropriate.
>>
>>255845749
>somewhat of a recent trend

No it's not. the first Call of Duty had Iron Sights. Operation Flashpoint had them, the Firearms mod for HL1 had them. I prefer them myself to the gay hip shooting shit
>>
>>255852023
Trend as in every game does it now. Not every game needs it but yes i do like iron sights
>>
>>255843708

ArmA3

/thread

(but no Anon you can't /thread like that etc. etc.)

stfu let me finish

in ArmA3 there's different movement speeds for being sited in an not

also there is no "from the hip" in ArmA as well in most FPS you're actually firing from shouldered not from the "hip" as you wouldn't even see your fucking gun

as for speed in ArmA3 you can move while shooting in tactical pace or walking but NEVER full sprint

I grew up with arena shooters btw and yes they are fun and yes you can be just as accurate if not more but different styles for different games

ADS does NOT work for cod because engagement ranges are seldom over 35m and the maps too small It DOES work for BF and other titles with LONGER lines of sight and bullet drop and travel time mechanics

blah blah

there's nothing wrong with either Arena OR tactical FPS but you have to make the game properly around which you choose ADS does not belong in CQC GOTTA GO FAST N FRAG games like CoD while "aim from hip" would be terrible in BF and ArmA
>>
>>255843708
>in reality
stopped
>>
>>255843708
It's not about realism. Games are suppose to be about fun above all. If a game requires ads then so be it. If it would be better without it then so be it. One thing is for sure though, ads does in fact slow down movement in an fps game.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.