[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /v/'s opinion on this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 21

What's /v/'s opinion on this?
>>
Kinda funny, but I hate it when people only hate a game cuz he told them to hate it.
>>
AIDS
>>
>>255352337
I don't see a reason to hate him.
>>
>>255352337
I think he speaks a lot of truths about vidya.

But I also take anything he or any other reviewer says with a grain of salt.
>>
It's ruining the english language. It, and the people behind removing the Oxford Comma, are fucking evil bastards.
>>
>>255352337
I prefer his 'Lets Drown Out' series to his actual reviews.
>>
He states his opinion. He isn't that funny, though
>>
The videos are pretty hilarious.
>>
Fedoras parrot his opinion to the letter.
>>
>>255352337
Entertaining. Wouldn't base a purchase on it but I enjoy watching them.
>>
I don't fucking know man
he's got such backwards ass opinions but sometimes they aren't backwards, I can't follow
>>
>>255353512
I find that to be more of a problem with /v/irgins than his fans.
>>
>>255354379
In the latest one he flat out stated he hate's SJW's, was that some ebin bantz I missed or is Jim going to get anal pained?
>>
>>255354520
I think that one time when he made fun of fedoralords and calls himself a hypocrite for using a trilby was hilarious.
>>
I like his humor and the way he talks. I always get a chuckle or two out of an episode.
>>
>>255352337
I wouldn't base a purchase on his opinion, but he's very funny and informative and is the only reviewer I completely trust these days.
>>
>>255354772
>In the latest one he flat out stated he hate's SJW's
Basically every other LDO features anti-SJW rants
>>
It was legendary when starting out. I still watch it each week but I admit he's lost his punch. Many of his jokes are repetitive (falling back on some sex/male prostitution joke) and few of his reviews are really memorable any more.

I wish he'd do more reviews like Turok or ALBW where he just flips my expectations of what to see upside down.
>>
File: 1405305376357.jpg (53KB, 630x462px) Image search: [Google]
1405305376357.jpg
53KB, 630x462px
>>255354520
Everyone on /v/ parrots opinions to the letter; the only difference between fanbases is whose opinion they parrot.
>>
>>255355237
I wish he'd do more shit like the Wolfenstein review.
>>
>>255352337

A lot like /v/. Don't take his opinions seriously and just see what he says and it can be fun.
>>
It's his job to be funny, not to be knowledgeable about games. To be fair, he IS funny, but his actual video game knowledge is to be taken with a grain of salt.

His "Let's Drown Out" is interesting if only for someone else to bounce opinions off of.
>>
>>255355237
that may be a sign that he is honest and doesn't pull a controvrsial opinion just for the views?
>>
>>255353918

He wears a fedora

his cartoon characters wears a fedora

he's also casual as fuck
>>
>>255352337
Decent entertainer.

Shit reviewer.
>>
>>255355614

If anything, I like teh drown out video becuase he several times CLEARLY gets pissed off towards gabe. Gabe can just crawl under hsi skin an for him to deal with some of his Bs opinions. I'ts gloriosu and funny.
>>
>>255353918
he has a bad case of the shitaste
>>
Sometimes makes good points, too in love with specific genres to be trusted. Vaguely entertaining?

I liked the point and click adventure horror games he made way back in the day so I tend to trust his taste in horror at least.
>>
File: 179324623423.png (101KB, 349x510px) Image search: [Google]
179324623423.png
101KB, 349x510px
I enjoy his content and he admits to being biased.

He's not really a reviewer, just an entertainer. Those who parrot his videos are fucking faggots though.

He even references the fact that his fans even mimic his type of commentating in comments.
>>
hes absolute dogshit at playing video games, while I listen to his reviews I ignore everything he says about gameplay
>>
>>255355778

Again, in his lastest Let's drown out videos, he said he wearing teh fedora for a good timenow, but since it's now tied to his public persona and zero punctuation character, he has to keep it for those.
>>
>>255355923
He's actually a relatively good reviewer. His opinions towards games aside, I have almost never had a time where I walked out of his reviews without knowing exactly what kind of game he was reviewing.
>>
he's funny sometimes but his opinions are questionable and he's kind of a hypocrite.
>>
I would never take Yahtzee as a source for recommendations, his job is to be an overly cynical fuckwit, which he does well and he can be funny at time, but I'm not gonna stop myself from playing a game just because he gave it low marks.
>>
>>255355778
>fedora
No it's a Trilby you fucking casual.
>>
Bioshock Infinite was his GOTY.

What's confusing is that he didn't like it for the story like most other people and called it pretentious shit. He mainly liked it for the gameplay yet he despises other generic shooters. What's the deal with that?
>>
He was okay before he was with the Escapist.

Now he's just as big of a shill as most game reviewers, though his shtick is just whining about everything as far as I can recall, and then coming up with 3 points at the end as to why you should buy it anyway.
>>
File: akzKK.png (147KB, 469x750px) Image search: [Google]
akzKK.png
147KB, 469x750px
>Implying hes a reviewer

Hasn't he stated that he does it completely for entertainment?
He's like the Nostalgia Critic or AVGN, they're not actual reviewers, just entertainers.
>>
>>255355778
In lets drown out wonder boy I think he says he hates the fact he thought the fedora was cool and its only still on the mascot is because it needs something to be different from the other figures
>>
>>255352337
I think some of his stuff is funny, but I don't take his reviews seriously. His has too much of a bias against JRPGs to take those reviews with anything but a grain of salt. Because of how he has to review a game in a week, it's kinda obvious that he misses out on a lot of the games he plays, his dragon's dogma review is proof of this.
>>
>>255355297
That includes the shit jokes.
>>
>>255356014
>He's not really a reviewer
He's stated that he considers himself a critic, not a reviewer and I tend to agree.
>>
>>255352337
a fun show that should be taken about as seriously as kotaku
>>
>>255356563
He may not be a reviewer, but he reviews games either way.
>>
>>255353918
>plays Demon's Souls
>barely gets past the first boss then gives up
>reviews it anyway despite having seen less than 10% of its content
>says the game is a waste of time
>Dark Souls comes out and takes the series mainstream
>reviews Dark Souls
>suddenly loves the series

He's a cunt.
>>
>>255356471
That's extremely confusing. Shit like that is why I don't take his opinions too seriously. He's an alright entertainer but everyones opinions and tastes are too different to listen to any fucking review
>>
>>255356803
But that's the same opinion /v/ generally has.
>>
>>255356693
Also,
>he dislikes the intro song
>>
>>255355974
>too in love with specific genres to be trusted.
Don't know why people complain about reviewer bias. If you come to a certain person for a review, you're coming to that certain person for their opinion, bias and all.
>>
>>255356803
Have you never given a game you disliked a second chance after a friend recommended it to you and ended up loving it?
>>
>>255352337
Hilarious and speaks the truth on everything. The guy is one of the most consistant video makes for years.
>>
File: smaugs hot desolation.jpg (274KB, 1280x1758px) Image search: [Google]
smaugs hot desolation.jpg
274KB, 1280x1758px
>>255352337
Zero Punctuation?
I watch it, don't take it too seriously.
Yahtzee can make good points once a while even if he does go full pleb here and there.
The guy calls Halo insulting to his intellect while holding Bioshock Infinite as a masterpiece of videogaming.
>>
File: mustardrice.png (276KB, 675x734px) Image search: [Google]
mustardrice.png
276KB, 675x734px
he's alright
>>
>>255356985
I did that with EVER GRACE after V told me to think with a Soul's games mind set
>>
Hypocritic moron and casual extreme. If you actually listen to this idiot, you are a fucking casual.
>>
>>255352337
He's a superficial cunt with 50/50 opinions.

He spends too much time focusing on one aspect that he can squeeze the most jokes out of. Which can be pretty funny, but grows old fast and is beginner tier comedy.
>>
>>255356471
This. I don't understand why he liked it, he should have downright despised it for being everything he hates in video games.
>>
>>255357078
>liking twigs

for a fucking dragon this nigga is a hungry skeleton

where's the beef
>>
People need to realize what he says is not really a review, just fucking with the game for fun. Maybe he'll point out actual flaws of the game, but most of the time he might like the game he is giving shit to.
>>
>>255356985
His job was to review the fucking game. Maybe if he bothered to go past the first boss before slandering it it might have grown on him. Any reasonable person will know not to put out a video talking about how shit a game is if you've only played what amounts to the tutorial.
>>
>>255355669
I don't mean to do stunts like that, but just to be a bit more creative with his jokes. Right now ZP's biggest problem is that it's repetitive - none of the image sequences feel well strung together, and I feel I can predict when he's going to make a male slut joke. On the other hand, when he cracked a joke about Berlusconi, I cracked up laughing.

He's in a comfort zone, and I wish he'd try and flex around a bit so his writing's not in a pattern.
>>
>>255357295
>His job is to review

no it isn't.
>>
File: soulses.jpg (673KB, 1115x1429px) Image search: [Google]
soulses.jpg
673KB, 1115x1429px
>>255356803
>>
>>255357445
Not sure what you're saying here but Prometheus was HORRIBLE.
>>
>>255356471
Yahtzee doesn't dislike spunkgargleweewee (Modern Military Shooters) for their gameplay, he dislikes them because their all COD 4 clones, which he did like.
>>
>>255357295
His job is to make goofy videos on the internet. If you expect professionalism from Yahtzee, you may be a bit daft.
>>
>>255357445
so you're saying demon's souls is complete garbage, dark souls is amazing and dark souls 2 is a complete tonal shift that misses a lot of points from the original?
>>
Fucking love him.

I'd post a picture of both his book but no one cares.
>>
>>255356939
no, we do the opposite
>>
>>255357623
That's pretty much what he's saying.
It's also completely right.
>>
>>255352337

My only gripe with Yahtzee is that he now panders to his fanbase to avoid direct backlash. While previously he didn't give a fuck and released videos that held an unpopular opinion but it was his own opinion and nothing else.

>anon where's your proof

Demon Souls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQSCKAPqxoo
Dark Souls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STrYyhEwkbY
Dark Souls 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9naXmOYAdE

Yahtzee reviewed Demon Souls and didn't like it. He called it unnecessarily hard and thought it was garbage like many casual game reviewers. This was back when the only Souls game was on the PS3 and it didn't garner such a huge fanbase.

Forward to Dark Souls. By now, Yahtzee has seen exactly how big the community for the Souls games are, and figures out that he can earn a lot of good views by convincing people he liked Dark Souls and other "challenging" games like Dark Souls (i.e: castlevania). The only problem is that his Demon Souls review obviously made it look like he didn't like it and thought it was too hard. So what does he do?

He pretends Demon Souls never existed. In his Dark Souls reviews he never even mentions Demon Souls and pretends Dark Souls is a completely different game set aside from Demon Souls. In this review he claims to have fallen in love with it and enjoys it immensely. Now in many of his newer videos, they all have mentions of Dark Souls simply to earn him e-cred for liking them.
>>
>>255357429
>gets paid to put out a video once a week
Sounds like a job to me.

Also, it's been pretty long time since Demon's was relevant. If you had followed his other output you'd know that he has developed a bit as a gamer.
>>
I honestly forgot he existed for several years. Is he still making crap videos of games he hasn't played?
>>
>>255357776
>That
>Proof
Couldn't it be that he simply got into the fucking series? Jesus christ.
>>
he speaks the truth but its like any critic. some people are cynics and others can overlook flaws if they enjoy certain parts. he appeals to the kind of people who go on /v/ i.e. autists.
>>
>>255357632
Do it with you dick hard in-between them.
>>
>>255357445
ebin
>>
Pretty sure he stole a joke from my imdb Pitch Black -board for his Butcher Bay (or was it Dark Athena?) -review.
>>
I like him. Plus he admits he wears a fedora
>>
I can barely understand what he's saying sometimes
>>
>>255358232
This, do it Yahtzee fag.

>>255357632
>>
>this week's pdocast dropped weekly topics due to the recurrent hatetrain on SJWs and EA

>shit and piss stories
>drug use stories
>cooking recipes

it wasn't very vidya
>>
>>255358095

If he did, wouldn't he mention Demon Souls more or if at all in his newer videos, the same way he mentions Dark Souls as much?

Yahtzee has never uttered a peep about Demon Souls and he doesn't do re-reviews. Deleting his old review of Demon Souls is bound to set more red flags than just letting it simmer to the bottom where it will be forgotten and that's exactly what he did.

It is obvious he boarded the Dark Souls bandwagon to garner e-cred since it took him so long to do a review of it, and now he won't fucking shut up about it in all his newer games. "Thief isn't as hard as dark souls" "Shovel knight is like Dark Souls" "Dark souls 2 is like Dark Souls".
>>
>>255352337
The guy in the logo looks like he's taking out his penis
>>
I prefer his "let's drown out series".
Really wish he could get some different people on it every once in a while.
Listening to some bogan nobody cares about going on about his alcoholism and depression every 2 nanoseconds is starting to get old.
>>
>>255358625
Just like /v/!
>>
He has really shitty opinions on what makes a good game

>Bioshock 2 was on his bottom 5 list it's respective year and still brings it up occasionally
>Liked Infinite and praised the gameplay
>>
>>255358448
>Plus he admits he wears a fedora
what. as opposed to denying it? like he just walks around all day with a fedora on and lies about it?
>>
>>255358632
>Deleting his old review of Demon Souls
When did he do that? And where? It's up pretty much everywhere.
>>
>>255358835
I will never understand why Yahtzee would make friends with Gabe.
>>
>>255352337
he rated bioshock:infinite as his goty
that pretty much says it all. unsubbed forever.
>>
>>255357776
I hate Yahtzee but this post absolutely reeks of fanboy autism.

I personally disliked and failed to get into Demon's Souls. Later I played Dark Souls and loved it. It's not exactly wildly unbelievable.

If he really just pretended to like things that were popular he surely wouldn't have shat on Metal Gear Solid, Monster Hunter, and Smash Brothers.
>>
File: lies.jpg (35KB, 453x576px) Image search: [Google]
lies.jpg
35KB, 453x576px
>>255359010
>>
>>255358835
Gabe's pretty okay as long as he doesn't go full self-pity. It doesn't happen as often as you make it sound.
Also, Gabe is pretty good personality to keep Yahtzee's head out of his own ass.
>>
>>255358606
>>255358232
You still wouldn't care.
>>
>>255359310
What was the alternative out of games he reviewed for that year?
>>
Yet another Escapist guy poisoned by SJW agenda the site pushes.
>>
>>255357272
It doesn't always have to be buff mcthunderscale, son.
>>
>>255358909
Bioshock 2 was a fucking waste of a game.
>>
>>255358632
He did mention that after finally getting used to Dark Souls he's considered giving Demon's Souls another try. The difference between his impressions were that he actually had more time to play DaS during a dry spell of new releases.
>>
>>255359713
Yahtzee would, he would probably talk about it on 'let's drown out' if someone reposted it to Reddit.

Do you not want Yahtzee to acknowledge your existence?
>>
>>255359850
Bioshock 2 did everything Bioshock 1 did + better.
Bioshock 1 is nothing but wasted potential, and only because Ken Levine is a fucking thick jew who decided that it's okay to butcher gameplay so that you can tell a shitty, pretentious story.
>>
>>255358632
I never said he did.

>>255359330
read
>>255358632

He stated before in his Demon Souls review that he hated it. He didn't get it, thought it was too hard, and never finished it. Demon Souls wasn't that popular of a game.

How do you go from hating Demon Souls to absolutely loving Dark Souls, who's gameplay and themes are nearly identical to Dark Souls?

As for using "autism" as an argument, it took me 2 seconds to realize what Yahtzee was doing. All it required was for me to watch his Demon Souls review and his Dark Souls review. It's extremely easy to see how forced it is.
>>
File: 1364161711222.gif (929KB, 245x175px) Image search: [Google]
1364161711222.gif
929KB, 245x175px
>>255360235
>shitty, pretentious story.
fuck yourself
>>
>>255360323
I hated Demon's Souls. I loved Dark Souls. I hated Dark Souls 2.

What now?
>>
>>255360323
I would buy your argument a little bit more if my friend didn't go through the same exact fucking thing. He thought Demon's Souls was boring and still does, but really enjoyed Dark Souls after I bugged him enough to give it a shot. It's the simplest fucking explanation that doesn't revolve around ridiculous ammounts of speculation and assumptions to work.
>>
File: sides.png (26KB, 192x191px)
sides.png
26KB, 192x191px
>>255357632
>>255358232
>>255358606
>>255359713
>>255360063
omg,do it anon you have a chance to make internet history
>>
>>255360786
I don't think I want my crowing achievement in life to be sucking someone's dick and posting a picture of it.
>>
>>255360323
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STrYyhEwkbY

Explained in the first minute of the review
>>
File: interested-frog.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
interested-frog.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>255360959
Look at this way anon, no one will know it was you and you can look back on it and think "Wow, I actually made a part of internet history".
>>
>>255360696
>>255360702

Mind explaining why you/your friend don't like Demon Souls but like Dark Souls?

Yahtzee made it clear in his Demon Souls review why he didn't like it. All his gripes on Demon Souls can be applied 100% to Dark Souls, yet he praises it.

While you could argue his tastes have changed, you should know after watching more than 3 of his reviews that Yahtzee doesn't leave out much. If a game is similar to something that Yahtzee has played before, he will almost immediately note that. He derives opinions by comparing them to previous games he reviews IE: "spunk-gargle-wee-wee", a category he created for modern military shooters that he places on any game similar enough to fall in that category.

Yet he leaves no mention of Demon Souls, a 1:1 of Dark Souls with slightly different healing and spell mechanics?

While I was probably too quick to pass judgement that he's only doing this to please the fanbase of Souls games, he hated Demon Souls, an unpopular game for the same reasons he loved Dark Souls, a now vastly popular game.

Highly suspicious. That is all.
>>
>>255361724
>Look at this way anon, no one will know it was you and you can look back on it and think "Wow, I actually made a part of internet history".
> no one will know it was you
I will...
>>
As long as we're talking about Y-list internet video game guys, how about Errant Signal?
>>
He is ok, he said it himself that you shouldn't take his opinion seriously and that he is a CRITIC in a very loose way. His shtick is trying to be as cynical as possible, he emulates Charlie Brooker.
He don't wear the fedora at all these days, you only see it on his ZP avatar cause its had become a trademark.
Gabe can go overboard sometimes but they bounce of each other fine, I found his Facebook and he's seems like a real bro.
>>
>>255361763
Takes some folks a while to get into certain games. Took me months to get into Mass Effect 1 and now that's one of my favorite games.
>>
>>255361841
No-one important at least.
>>
I'm surprised the majority of /v/ dislikes him.
For the most part, his opinions are pretty aligned with what /v/s opinions of games usually are.
His reviews are pretty reliably funny, for me at least. And I like how he doesn't affix scores to the reviews but instead gives his thoughts to a game and shit, and let the viewer make a judgement for themself.
>>
>>255361893
Pretty okay when he's not going SJW.
>>
>>255357167
Ok man. Spit it out, what favorite game did he shit on to make you so mad?

Demon's Souls?
Monster Hunter?
>>
>>255362135
O-okay...

I guess I'll go kill myself then
>>
>>255361893
started out good, then went to shit.
His Civ 5 vid was the final nail in the coffin for me. Unsubbed after that fucking social justice rant about the barbarians. fucking hell
>>
File: burned.png (2KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
burned.png
2KB, 320x288px
>>255362135
>>
>>255354334
Those commas are inappropriate.

It should either be
>It and the people behind removing the Oxford Comma are fucking evil bastards.
or
>It, and the people behind removing the Oxford Comma, is a fucking evil bastard.
>>
>>255352337
I like him, although he isn't right about everything like his nier and bioshock infinite review.
>>
>>255359778
>Dead Rising 3
>Ryse: Son of Rome
>Exclusives Showdown
>Call of Duty: Ghosts
>Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
>Batman: Arkham Origins
>The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker HD
>Beyond: Two Souls
>Saints Row 4
>The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
>Pikmin 3
>Papers, Please and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
>Rise of the Triad
>Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
>Dark
>Ride to Hell: Retribution
>Animal Crossing: New Leaf
>Deadpool
>The Last of Us
>E3 2013
>Remember Me
>Fuse
>Metro: Last Light
>System Shock 2
>Lego City Undercover
>BioShock: Infinite
>The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
>SimCity
>Tomb Raider
>Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
>Crysis 3
>Aliens: Colonial Marines
>Dead Space 3
>Ni No Kuni: Wrath Of The White Witch
>The Cave
>DMC: Devil May Cry
>Anarchy Reigns
>Black Knight Sword & Hotline Miami
>Paper Mario: Sticker Star
well you got me. that's a pretty shit list to work with. i'd rate mg:revengeance above b:infinite but it's still not goty material.
>>
>>255362293
>Not the Quake video
He spent half of it crying about Duke 3D.
>>
>>255356726
No he's a "Critic"
And as a critic, it's his JOB to be CRITICAL!!!!111!1
>>
>>255361893
Been watching it couple times.
It's amusing in a same way one would find ramblings of a child or a crazy person amusing.
His Far Cry 2 analysis must be one of my favs.
Basically he starts bashing the game for putting too much emphasis on the gameplay over story he thinks it's trying to tell.
>>
Has anyone watched the new vids from Escapist where Yahtzee and Jim Sterling play against each other? I think Yahtzee might sincerely hate Jim. I don't blame him, that guy's a massive faggot.
>>
>>255362654
Yeah, that was when he was declining, but i stuck in there.
Also when he shit on Tony Hawk's Underground 2. That shit is NOT okay
>>
>>255352337
Literally the only reason why I'm subbed to The Escapist, and obviously the only videos I watch on that channel.

At first I sensed a weird MRA-libertarian vibe from him, as I would from anyone who dresses up like a Wet Sock Joe who runs a Speakeasy in the 1930s, but he also managed to poke fun at that in his reviews.
>>
He's funny but his actual reviews are shit.
>>
>>255354379
God I hate that other dude though. He sounds like every college sophomore who has taken Film Studies and Philosophy 101, thinks he's much much more intelligent than he really is and won't shut the fuck up about it.
>>
File: 1386996336989.png (91KB, 353x240px) Image search: [Google]
1386996336989.png
91KB, 353x240px
>>255361763
>Highly suspicious. That is all.

Christ, you can't just accept the fact that he just simply couldn't get into DeS and DaS just had something that was up his alley? What if this week he re-reviews DeS claiming that he was wrong and sings praise for DeS? Would he be doing it simply because DeS suddenly became mega popular overnight?
>>
>>255361763
He later notes in another video how he has to give Demon's Soul another try after liking Dark Souls. Which indicates that he didn't gave the game the chance he gave Dark Souls.

The likely reason is that he simply had to grab a random game for that week and played it for a few hours.
Meanwhile with Dark Souls he had people poking him about how the game is great and how he had to give it some time. So most likely he played it a bit longer before he made the review, which was what changed his opinion.

It's the same as what people noticed with his Monster Hunter Tri review. In that he only played the early part of the game, most likely because of time restraints.
>>
File: wwe2weeerrg.jpg (75KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
wwe2weeerrg.jpg
75KB, 720x960px
>>255363142
I did, it has potential. I don't think he hates him he is just putting up a show for the masses. He knows Jim can take the fat jokes...Better then the poetry skits they concluded recently
>>
>>255361893
I started to dislike him when he released his Bioshock Infinite review, it was quite rambling and somehow much less concise than MatthewMattosis' review in-spite of being nearly half the length.
Then he went full SJW and if you watch his Valiant Hearts review it just seems like he craves mainstream approval.
>>
>>255352337
its funny because he hates everything
he only likes My little souls because its famous, maybe if he takes MH4 he might change idea about it
again he wears a fedora so i dont think it will happen
>>
>>255363689
Take Yahtzee's cock out of your mouth for a second and think.

Demon Souls:
>this game is too hard
>why does this game punish me for being shit
>fuck you demon souls

Dark Souls:
>this game is too hard but I like it
>I like how this game punishes me for being shit
>I love Dark Souls

Shovel Knight:
>I like this game it reminds me of Dark Souls

I understand you have semen coming out of your eyes, making it hard to see, but it takes more than bad eyesight to see what Yahtzee is doing. You'd have to be a retarded fanboy.
>>
>>255364174
Shovel Knight ripped an mechanic directly from Dark Souls.
>>
>>255364174
>retarded fanboy.
>comes up with crazy conspiracy because someone just gave a game series a second chance
>>
>>255364174
He introduces his Dark Souls video talking about how hard it was for him to get into but after watching a good Let's Play he retried it and loved it. It's not like you're pointing out something he doesn't explicitly say anyway.
>>
>>255364490
Yeah, honestly a shitload of people went through that experience. I know I started two different saves before I finally got sucked in. Right around the point he did too, the belltower gargolyes.
>>
>>255364270

Which? How death is handled? Where you lose what you've earnt so far, but can collect it again you manage to make it back?
>>
People don't get that he has a week max to play a game and he certainly doesn't play then the whole seven days. He needs also time in the week to produce and episode.He plays it to enough to get his writing material and thats it.
As for his Dark Souls opinion shift, /v/, I will now blow our mind with this next statement. PEOPLE CHANGE and with it there OPINIONS. I know scary shit, you should try it sometimes, o wait you do that all the time flip floping opinion on various games in the past.
>>
>>255364939
Yeah
>>
>>255364469
If he gave the game series a second chance, he'd have done Demon Souls: A Re-review.

Nothing he has done so far has made me think he didn't just pretend to like Dark Souls to pander to the Souls franchise.
>>
I still watch ZP and his Drown Outs, last time I laughed out loud was his Catherine review
>>
>>255352337
I was disappointed in some of his reviews, but they're his taste in vidya. The one he did on FTL was pretty good though.
He bashes the absolute fuck out of games that are plainly going to be shit though in a pretty entertaining way at least.
Also some of the reactions to his videos, like the MLP fan and his trans "girlfriend".
>>
>>255362860
There really is something wrong with him but I can't put my finger on it.
Occasionally him and Superbunnyhop or someone will make a video on the same game and if you compare them you can see he's not all there, he'll focus on the wrong thing or completely miss things the other reviewer finds obvious.
>>
>>255352337
I think he's gotten a lot shittier in the past year or so. I want to hear your opinion on the fucking game, not a half-baked rant against U.S. foreign policy, you fuck.
>>
>>255365318
Sounds more like you had some heavy bias from the get-go than any kind of rational conclusion. Shitting on Dark Souls would probably get him more views, too.
>>
>>255352337
He stopped giving a fuck years ago, pick any of his early videos and compare it with one of his newer ones.
It's sad because I used to like him.
>>
>>255365318
For someone whose shtick is shitting on popular games, that doesn't seem reasonable to expect.

And when has he ever re-reviewed a game?
>>
Spineless faggot with absolutely no integrity that bends over backwards to please the crowds while keeping a mask of contrarianship to appear edgy and part of some counter culture.
Seriously hopes he loses his job.
>>
>>255365318
He says right in the review why he personally liked it

http://youtu.be/STrYyhEwkbY?t=4m4s

Do you really think he played through both DaS 1 and 2 with probably a hundred hours each and didn't enjoy it just to pander to a fanbase that has hated him for years and convince maybe a handful of people that weren't on the DaS hype train already?
>>
>>255362293
That Civ video was an embarrassing display of retardation. It was some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard and is probably singlehandedly responsible for his decreasing relevance.
>>
>>255365654
Did you notice that on the Valiant Hearts review? I spoted it too, its the difference in sensibilities toward that type of game of Yatzee and George that made them have different opinions on it.
>>
That Civ 5 stuff showed his true colors. He has decided to ally with SJWs.
>>
>>255356985
Except in this case he's only liking it because it got popular as a ''hard'', naturally if he were to claim he dislike it he'd lose cred.

He's a hypocritical, casual piece of shit.
>>
>>255365741
I don't claim to have a conclusion of any sorts. I'm merely pointing out what Yahtzee is doing with the Souls series and suggesting why he's doing it.

Instead you have people saying
>Yahtzee actually likes Demon Souls! Had he done that same review again now he'd have a completely different opinion!
>Yahtzee's tastes can completely change! How dare you find suspicion that all of the things that made Demon Souls good that Yahtzee hated he suddenly loved in Dark Souls when it became popular?
>Doing a complete 180 in tastes is completely the same as me liking a sequel but hating a prequel!

Here's another observation. Since how long has Yahtzee made a video that held unpopular opinion? Take a while to look through his channel.
>>
>>255366996
He is always shitting on Nintendo to the ire of many. If he was just about sucking up and being popular he'd be way more forgiving of them.
>>
>>255366582
It's been there for a while, the thing that really made me see it was when; even though he's a massive SJW he completely missed how toothless and generally shit Bioshock Infinite's depiction or racism was whereas that oirish /v/irgin who isn't an SJW picked up on it right away.
>>
File: 2581934-9938378859-consp.jpg (58KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2581934-9938378859-consp.jpg
58KB, 640x480px
>>255366996
>>
>>255352337
Quit Demon's Souls with barely even playing it because he claimed it was too hard and thus not good.

Says The Witcher games are too complex for him.

Likes Skyrim.

Couldn't get past the tutorial in MHTri.

Got stuck in Ocarina of Time's Jabu Jabu's Belly to which he claimed was artificial difficulty (or as he likes to call it, ''obtuse'' difficulty'').

Couldn't beat Luigi's Purple Coins.

Dislikes Bayonetta because he claims it's too hard for him.

Some of his reviews barely mention the game and just talk about meta shit like a scat analogy regarding the developers.

Rarely finishes games he reviews.
>>
>>255367162
What do you mean "shitting on"?
Completely blasting a game for faults of opinion like he did with Demon Souls or Monster Hunter?
Making jokes on current events like Nintendo's failure-to-launch first year of the WiiU?

There's a difference between making jokes at one's expense and completely shitting on a game for nothing but your own unpopular opinion. I'm still waiting on you to find the last time he did the latter.

>>255367318
>how dare you accuse a popular youtuber for selling out and pandering to a fanbase for more views!
Yahtzee's fanbase, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
File: yahtzee ph.png (16KB, 643x406px) Image search: [Google]
yahtzee ph.png
16KB, 643x406px
>>255355614
>It's his job to be funny
He said that only people who are fans of games he criticizes say that in order to make themselves feel better, he says he's a legit critic and his reviews are serious.
>>
>>255356563
>Hasn't he stated that he does it completely for entertainment?
Other way around, he said his reviews are serious and only fanboys claim otherwise to discard his words.
>>
>>255352337
He already said a lot of stupid shit but he recently complained about spikes being instant kill (he said pitfalls were enough).
>>
>>255367162
>to the ire of many
Dude even modern journalists like fucking IGN shit on Nintendo, that's nothing uncommon. Have you missed these past 2 years of EVERYONE making articles about how garbage/shit/doomed the Wii U and Nintendo in general is?
>>
>>255367847
He can say whatever he wants but in his quietest moments he knows the only reason he has a job/views is him being "funny"
>>
>>255367578
>Got stuck in Ocarina of Time's Jabu Jabu's Belly to which he claimed was artificial difficulty (or as he likes to call it, ''obtuse'' difficulty'').
Is this for real?
>>
>>255367578
All of this plus he is not funny and he never was.
>>
File: 1405823587000.png (159KB, 299x322px) Image search: [Google]
1405823587000.png
159KB, 299x322px
>"reviews" MH3
>NINTENDO SUCKS NINTENDO SUCKS NINTENDO SUCKS
>doesnt even get to the first actual monster
>DID I MENTION NINTENDO AND THE WII SUCKS
Why do people like this guy again?
>>
>>255355237
>ALBW where he just flips my expectations of what to see upside down.
>Expecting an actual review of a Nintendo game instead of another anti-Nintendo rant.
>>
>>255368480
http://youtu.be/QO-ATrciXfA?t=3m5s
>>
>>255367810
>selling out and pandering to a fanbase simply because he thought a game was good once he got into it

Soul's fanbase, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>255368635
Fanboys like it you bash other fanboys.
>>
>>255357091
Because it's so hard to install a PC game and play it, right?
>>
>>255357091
Is he the only British/Australian that doesn't look like a complete potato?
>>
>>255362275
film it
>>
>>255359817
Dude he fucking hates them.
>>
>>255371730
Depends. Hates the fate acceptance movement, thinks tranny jokes are funny, but thinks Tomodachi life and Nintendo are homophobic. Granted he just hates Nintendo.
>>
>>255371928
>But do I think that those at Nintendo are homophobes because of it? No. Thoughtless, old-fashioned, lazy, perhaps, but to accuse them of irrational hatred would be a serious step, one I am unwilling to take without first looking for a more logical reason.

Bashing on E3 is fashionable these days, which I fully support, but throughout the most recent show I felt like the gaming press and social media were playing a game of politically-correcter-than-thou, competing to see who could get a controversy going first. FarCry 4 being racist didn't catch on. Neither did complaints about Lara Croft being in therapy. But then someone noticed that there weren't any female characters in the co-op mode of Assassin's Creed Unity, and someone at Ubisoft made some unguarded quotes for people to jump all over, and the storm broke.

For the record, I think this outrage was founded on misunderstanding. Unity seems to be doing the same thing Watch_Dogs does, that is, integrate the multiplayer seamlessly into the single-player story. So when you join the multiplayer, you're still playing as the story's protagonist, as are all the other human players. They take on slightly different appearances when appearing in someone else's game just so that you don't see four copies of the same dude running around. It's no more sexist than there being no option to play a female Aiden Pearce, or a male Lara Croft.
>>
>>255371928
Nah he really played that homophobic thing up. It was mostly just jokes because what the fuck else do you say about goddamned Tomodachi life? If he really gve a fuck it would have leaked into Lets Drown Out and when they talked about it there they both knew the issue was more complex than it seemed.
>>
9/10, breddy gud. Obviously you can't take his reviews completely seriously since he goes out of his way to find flaws in games to make fun of them, but some of his criticisms are legitimate. People only hate him because they either don't like his style of humor and find him unfunny, or they liked him until he shat on a game they liked and got 2butthurt over it.
>>
File: 1396145211996.png (1021KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1396145211996.png
1021KB, 2000x1000px
>>255365494
pic
>>
File: 1405884724696.jpg (32KB, 409x393px) Image search: [Google]
1405884724696.jpg
32KB, 409x393px
>>255373519
Jesus reading this make me feel better about myself.

I don't mind all that shit about the trans gf, what it is fucking ridiculous is he consider her his real girlfriend when only talk to her through the internet
Thread posts: 189
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.