[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
How the FUCK did this die already?
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 513
Thread images: 92
File: wildstur.jpg (470 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
wildstur.jpg
470 KB, 1280x720
How the FUCK did this die already?
>>
>>255249145
>bad game
>have to buy it
>subscription
>no optimization
>>
>>255249145

It's a fucking awful WoW clone with floaty shitty combat. It's a complete clusterfuck. Anyone who played the open beta should have been able to see that from the first 20 minutes of gameplay.
>>
>>255249145
>being surprised a generic as fuck mmo died
>>
>>255249145
>copies WoW in design
>combat is retarded
>models look like fucking shit
>lags on lowest setting in b4 toaster
>generic as fuck quests
>actually wants a sub for all of this
Theres more but im lazy.
>>
>>255249145
I don't know.
It was marketed to hell on here.
>>
WoW clone.

We've done this, what. Eleven times now?

WAR
Conan
W*
Rift
LOTRO
TESO
Arguably DDO
Neverwinter

Fuck, I know I'm missing a few. Anyway, why are you surprised?
>>
>>255249145
Because it's not just worse than WoW, it's just bad on its own too.
>>
not enough lewd and moe
>>
I actually bought this shit on Friday. I told myself not to, but I did.

I rolled on the recommended server and saw one other person in three hours of playing. I'm not even shitting you. One person.

I have no motivation to ever log in again. It was literally the worst $60 I have ever spent.
>>
people only bought it for the preorder bonuses

they know it's gonna go F2P, so they aren't bothering to subscribe
>>
File: DARK HEAL.png (694 KB, 858x827) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
DARK HEAL.png
694 KB, 858x827
>>255249710
How could you forget TORtanic
>>
make a thread about it everyday
Maybe read a fucking article instead of making the same thread over and over
>>
>>255249874
>darkwing duck
>LET'S GET DANGEROUS
fucking 10/10
>>
File: 1354791999558.jpg (150 KB, 998x872) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1354791999558.jpg
150 KB, 998x872
>>255249874
>>
>>255249710
>Age of Conan
>WoW Clone
The only reason it died was because non-existent content once you reached Level 80. The game was actually really fun, even the grind was amazing on PvP Servers.

I never had as much fun grinding in an MMORPG as I had on PvP Servers of AoC
>>
>>255249874
FUCK ME.

I knew I was forgetting an important one.
>>
>>255249145
I lost all interest in the game when they gave in to SJW about breast sizes, without so much as a fight.

The devs proved themselves as cancer tier at that point and the only notice the game got was threads about tits being downsized because apparently the very symbol of femininity is offensive to women. Who knew?
>>
>>255249710

I really don't think AoC and DDO have any business being called WoW clones.

Many of those others are valid, sure, but those two? I'm not saying they're GOOD, mind you, I just don't think "WoW clone" is a particularly apt description.
>>
>try out the beta
>kill enemy
seems fine
>kill another
>double kill
you serious?
>kill another
>Triple Kill
>it never ends
>you cant turn it off
dropped
>>
>>255250003
I heard it was a lot more PvP active, but the way to go with PvP centric games is sandbox, or go the Age of Wushu way and make tournaments and the like.

It still did play a lot like WoW.
>>
>>255250061

they added in bigger boobs after that though

didn't save the game however
>>
>>255250241
Kritika Online?
>>
shit endgame

inaccessible content

shit cosmetics

if you're going to have an mmo in 2014, then you sure as fuck better have something for the casuals to do

once all the normalfag shittards got to max level, they found out that the game wasn't made for them
>>
>>255250285
Wildstar
>>
>>255249145

It was never alive.

if you went outside and asked a hundred thousand random people what they thought of Wildstar, 999,999 would say "What he fuck is Wildstar" and 1 would say "It looks shit."
>>
Open betas are suicide for MMO's. They all do it now, and all the hype that was meant to come with the launch is gone, people don't care and move on.
>>
this is what happens when devs listen to Nostalgia WoW retards.

>WE WANT 40 MAN RAIDS !!
>WE WANT HARD RAID ATTUNEMENTS BACK !!
>WE DON'T WANT SHIT HANDED
>WE EVERYTHING FROM VANILLA WOW
>HEROIC DUNGEONS SHOULD BE REALLY HARD

WS Devs : Okay here

>BAH !!! 40 MAN RAIDS TAKE TOO LONG TO SET UP !!
>LOL !! THIS FUCKING ATTUNEMENT IS RETARDED. IT'S GOING TO TAKE US DAYS IF NOT A WEEK OR 2
>HOLY FUCK? WE'RE TIMED IN HEROICS? SO WE NEED TO KILL ALL BOSSES FAST TO GET THAT ONE LOOT? FUCK THAT

that's what's going on the Wildstar Leddit subforums.

the raids didn't play like WoW raids. where you have a mod that tells you what to do. since in WS the attacks are telegraphed and random.

took guilds from WoW like Method and Blood Legion quit.

people started bitching that the attunement for the raids was crazy. you had to get plat on all heroic dungeons.

it was just a disaster. this is what they get for listening to WoWfags. the devs should had done their own thing. instead of pandering to nostalgia fags and tryhard retards.

i heard recently they remove the timed heroic thing. because people would just leave the dungeon because they knew they wouldn't make.
>>
>>255250582
The TERA beta was fucking great, even though I didn't buy the game my opinion was a lot more favorable after I played.
>>
>>255250801
Terra beta was the best time I ever had in an MMO, the /v/ and /a/ guilds were amazing during the betas.

Once live turned on it became shit.
>>
>>255250801
>The TERA beta was fucking great
It was only great because of /a/ and /v/, it's the only reason why anyone kept playing.
>>
>>255250801
>Those proper hitboxes on attacks
>Being able to walk/roll/jump/dodge out of even normal attacks to take no damage
>soloing every boss while parties just watch helplessly
I loved the combat but damn if the rest didnt bore me. and my friends were too casual and found the combat hard
>>
>>255250003
>I have never played ragnarok
>>
>>255249145
It tried to ignore/cut everything that people like about WoW for the sake of wanting to be different and wanting to kill WoW just like Guild Wars 2.
>>
>>255251094
How does it matter at all? I didn't say AoC was the only MMORPG that had fun grinding.
>>
File: 1338511211931.png (78 KB, 185x313) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1338511211931.png
78 KB, 185x313
>>255250801
Aww shit terra beta man

>Joined NO FUN ALLOWED in beta
>Told to get on vent
>First day
>everyone either yelling or being 2shy
>Tons of fun
>Come on second day
>50 fucking people in vent
>only one person talking
>It's some horrible sounding chick
>ohboyherewego
>Leave the vent
>Change characters over to my TFT guy to play with imoutos
>Get a whisper to get back on vent
>Massive GURL GAMER DRAMA in the space of a few hours of her joining then quitting
>Stay in TFT and play pretend

Why are men way better at being little girls in video games and women being with them so much drama?
>>
>>255251051
should see it now, they added these Avatar weapons at set levels from level 20+ that give you insane stats and dropped like half of the quests and doubled the xp from the others.

levelling has never been easier
>>
>>255251394
>being with them
bring with them...
>>
File: 1397079139958.jpg (56 KB, 200x195) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1397079139958.jpg
56 KB, 200x195
>>255250946
>that feel when

Man, I loved shitting on Aphotic and zerging the whole server. The /a/ vs /v/ wars were great.

How do I relive this feel /v/?
>>
>>255251394
RIP Big Nasty
>>
How the fuck is FFXIV the only WOW-clone that is doing fine right now when it had the worst start of any MMO in history while all the ones that actually had a bit of hype died immediately?
>>
>>255249145
Pandering to feminazis
Ostracizing what should have been their core fanbase
Subscription model
Shitty WoW clone
>>
Wait how is it dead?
>>
>>255251524
Never again, it was a once in a lifetime feel. Be glad you experienced it.
>>
>>255251524
>tfw we fucking beat Aphotic
Anyone have that massive collage of our victory?
>>
>>255251440
Did they add some no kill steal code yet? having parties try and steal my boss was hilarious but annoying.
>Roll out of the way of a slam attack
>watch whole party get OHKO
>kill boss
>do dance as Elin
>receive mad
Oh what I would give for my friends to stop being so casual.
>>
>>255251394
In rift, I had a female Guild Leader and she was pretty good. Pushing people to work and all that.
Some drama with stuff like the guildmaster saying about an another girl "She's such a slut, she slept with all the guys in the guild". but it was cool. Left Rift after a while because... man I dont need to play MMO's.
>>
>>255251524
EU was hilarious as fuck too


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bXtRZVTQm0
>>
>>255249634
all new games hype audience potencial customers are killed instantly by 80% when they announce its subscription based
>>
File: 1332413801257.png (80 KB, 208x164) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1332413801257.png
80 KB, 208x164
>>255251565
Basically all this.

They had a hardcore playerbase already to go and they fucked it up.
>>
>>255251394

>Why are men way better at being little girls

Because they understand what attributes are actually attractive in a woman, and can emulate them better than an actual woman when the objective is simple emotional/sexual fulfillment.

Meanwhile, it is only incidental if a real woman displays some of those attractive and interesting qualities.

tl;dr guys can act like their dream girl, easier than a woman can be a dream girl
>>
>>255251563

A dedicated Final Fantasy fanbase, another fanbase tired of Final Fantasy XI but not tired enough to actually go to WoW, people tired of WoW looking for the next biggest MMO, all the press they got from their game redesign, etc.

Plus the game is tolerable, so that helps.
>>
File: 1397597378782.jpg (32 KB, 422x317) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1397597378782.jpg
32 KB, 422x317
>>255250946
>>255251029
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOSCv78NJZc&index=5&list=PL9CF33435F3F4A562
>>
>>255251524

archearge release might be crazy
>>
>>255251563
Final Fantasy title
>>
File: 1330577722052.jpg (406 KB, 948x594) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1330577722052.jpg
406 KB, 948x594
>>255251668
I'll dig through my old TFT/NFA photos to try and find it...
>>
>>255249145
Did it really die? I've heard nothing of the sort.
>>
>>255251917

That didn't help it during its first three years.
>>
File: 2K2GF0q.jpg (120 KB, 425x640) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2K2GF0q.jpg
120 KB, 425x640
>>255251394
Are you sure that's not TFT you're thinking of? NFA had Ulboarax and Facetime and all the abrasive alpha males. TFT had all the beta scrubs pretending to be girls and muting their mic in mumble...
>>
the game didn't have hype. i don't know what the marketing team was hoping for. i think they didn't want to build their game out of hype. they wanted word of mouth to get out.

the thing is that the game feel unoptimized.also when i was playing it on launch there was TONS of bugs. the gameplay is a mix of standard MMO + Guild Wars 2. it works really well.

not everyone likes the Telegraph system. i saw a lot of people having problems with it. having to actually pay attention to their surroundings is pretty hard for people coming from WoW. the first dungeon was raping people left and right. everyone needed to time their interrupts at the right moment and keep communication.a lot of people would just quit the dungeon.

i stopped playing because people were just too stupid.

if this MMO ever goes F2P,it would be the best MMO f2p. if the restriction were fair.
>>
>>255251910
game looks like ass.

not that it'll stop some anons from making it fun to dick around in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBwLZSi7I-Q
>>
I have a friend who's been playing this nonstop since it came out.
Is there some redeeming factor to it?
>>
>>255251661
Oh I'm fucking glad indeed, I even paid for the game when it launched to extend whatever hijinks we had left, I ended up missing every opportunity though. ;_;

It's kind of weird now that I look forward to playing MMO betas rather than full games at launch, but it makes sense since the community isn't splintered in these instance grinding kind of games.

>>255251764
Wish I hopped on EU early enough to join in that. I came in CBT2? and the guild was nearly dead.

>>255251910
I really hope so man, I really do.
>>
>>255249145
>tell people I'll bet them cash money the game will fail
>shut up faggot it's gonna be great

You can not do a shooter based mmo and not have traditional shooter controls. Old school mmo controls are old for a reason. A simple google search shows you people want look/fire both on the mouse not fucking wasd for looking and click/hold for movement. Then you have that silly as fuck moba style skill range cone shit. It doesn't work. The game is shit and soon it'll be free to play but nobody will care because firefall will be f2p in just over 24 hours.
>>
>>255252053
they admitted they fucked up and dropped the monthly fee whilst they fixed it.
>>
>>255250801
tera starting map took 2 HOURS TO COMPLETE
(1 HOUR IF YOU RUSHED IT)
after the first beta i lost all interest in loosing my time like that ever again
they then made the starting map smaller, and tried it out again
i got bored when i reached a farm place and was asked to kill 7 of a variant #12 of the starting enemy elks
fuck this shit fetch quests
>>
>$60 game
>monthly fee

Yeah off. I can multiple games on steam for that.
>>
>>255251971
For WoW guys, dying mean not having 10 million people at the same time.
They still have a lot of servers.
http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/wildstar
>>
>subscription-based MMO

that's what ya get
>>
>>255252101

>game looks like ass.


Yeah, high seas raid v. raid on pirate ships looks super shitty.

There is literally no pleasing you cynical fucks, which is the real reason why mmos flop these days. The expectations are so high that they can't be realistically met. The only successful games rely on nostalgia and comfort to maintain players.
>>
File: 1335337939668.jpg (230 KB, 913x918) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1335337939668.jpg
230 KB, 913x918
>>255251668
I found this one where one of the NFA guys stole their name and made them do the edgy S P A C E S
>>
>>255252168
>CBT2
it was boring as fuck and some people wanted to try NA out. Shit hit the fan again in CBT3 and crashing the Esports Tournaments until they all quit.
>>
File: 1330416692168.jpg (706 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1330416692168.jpg
706 KB, 1680x1050
Never forget the 'magic don't kill me lines'
>>
>>255250014
you and everyone else
>>
>>255252452
Aha I remember watching that. Commentator guy got so mad he went reverse mad.
>>
File: 1331487581134.jpg (496 KB, 1626x836) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1331487581134.jpg
496 KB, 1626x836
Pretty sure you guys are forgetting the best guild to murder.
>>
>>255252101
http://youtu.be/_VAagXsxX6I?t=48s
>>
File: 1376857681292.jpg (48 KB, 474x594) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1376857681292.jpg
48 KB, 474x594
>>255252649
>godess
>horassment

Every time.
>>
>>255252171

I love how you think you were the voice of reason in a sea of fanboys and it wasn't the other way around.

4chan wanted this game to fail so bad, pretty much everyone on here was saying it would.

On the note of the game itself, it has the basis for a solid MMO, it just needs more content and optimization.

I look forward to picking it up again in a few months to see what has improved.
>>
>>255252087
>>255251394
My favorite was whoever that NFA leader was at the time trying to get /jp/ to join some stupid dick-waving PVP contest, but /jp/ didn't give half a shit and the NFA leader got incredibly asspained and started whining like a little bitch and making threats.
>>
>>255250408
i don't think you can into numbers
>>
>>255249874

Why didn't they just call it force heal or some shit?
>>
>>255250408

Never alive he says
>>
>>255252053
Nothing could have helped it in the first three years.
>>
File: db2-02.jpg (49 KB, 640x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
db2-02.jpg
49 KB, 640x480
>tfw when you realized you would never be a better PvPer than Stylish
>>
So guys. Secret World.
Verdict?
Love the puzzles. Looking in a specific bible in Latin just to find the password for a door is so fucking fun.
>>
>>255251565

>Pandering to feminazis

This is the most bullshit excuse.

We literally lost nothing and gained a feature in this and yet you still consider it a bad thing.
>>
>>255252126
Scat ERP
I really wish I was joking.
>>
>>255253052
EU Aion F2P has more players in random PvP Clashes than in that image.
>>
Wildstar still have full generals on /vg/
Not dailies but still.
>>>/vg/74781384
>>
>>255252908
Oh, Stallena? He literally still plays. He's the most beta fuck in the universe.

This is him trying to mediate a dispute in the mumble: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4oKesuX1QU

He literally had to go to the hospital because his heart hurt after stressing over the GvG with Aphotic
>>
File: 1317693323959.png (552 KB, 1250x1075) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1317693323959.png
552 KB, 1250x1075
>>255251051

This, so much this man. Taking on BAMs was fun as hell. If you had the skill you were unstoppable. What finally killed Tera for me was running the same couple dungeons several times every night and the retarded gear enchanting system. Burning gear and failing to upgrade 40+ times in a row was not fun.

In Wildstar half the damn time I dodge and am well out of the red and still get hit. Also no way to dodge white damage = bullshit.
>>
>hurr action combat is a good idea in an MMO
>hurr i just want to play wow with action combat
I fucking TOLD YOU IT WAS GOING TO BE SHIT
>>
>>255253234

Yeah, free to play vs pay to play, free is always going to have more people.

But you can't fight giant vending machines in aion.
>>
File: 1333079567572.png (1 MB, 825x607) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1333079567572.png
1 MB, 825x607
>>255251668
Holy shit I found it
>>
>>255253234
Said image was also taken just after launch. The honeymoon period's over, I have strong doubts there are that many people still there.

In other news, isn't it hilarious how little anyone's saying about ESO? Like, damn, that shit died before it launched.
>>
>>255253207
>b-but internet feminazis in muh videogames!!
>>
>>255253328
>No way to dodge white
Yea that pissed me off; played the beta and saw I could move and fight at the same time and expected TERA hitboxes again but NOPE.
WS's combat is just "they swing, you get hit" and its boring as shit.
>>
>>255253381
>Yeah, free to play vs pay to play, free is always going to have more people.
Not in this case, Aion EU is pretty much fucking dead.
>>
>>255253364

But that's what wildstar is.

It's world of warcraft with a more adult setting, better graphics, and a better combat system.

The raiding and dungeons in this game are the best, by a large margin.

Honestly the most fun i've had in an MMO since like, Asheron's call or planetside.

Problem is there aren't enough of them
>>
>>255249145
good

my cousin wanted to get this after I build him a new computer
I didn't have the heart to tell him it would be shit

he's been trying to fill the hole in his heart EQ left behind and it just hasn't worked out
>>
>>255253398
because they butchered everything elder scrolls was
>>
>Badly optimized
>Nothing overly new besides Paths which are minor
>Housing is neat but ultimately fell short in its use
>Everything is too damn silly/comical to the point of disgust for most people
>Extensive attunements that are grinds instead of skill tests

You need to ask why you would play a game before you ask why not. There was no real why for this that could sustain it.
>>
>>255249145
Majority of playerbase in instances =/= dead

Same thing with ESO, people are still playing these games and the companies are still making bundles. It seems most everyone on here expects an online game to be making money only if it has as many subscribers as WoW.

I've been WS for a bit, lots of people on my server (Widow) and have been enjoying those dungeons.
>>
>>255249145

Because they globally reduced the breast sizes in the game a while back.
>>
>>255249710
I don't think TESO counts much as a WoW clone, but I hear you on WildStar. Shit gets boring I can barely play it more than an hour at a time.
>>
>>255253545
And now its dead, outstanding.
>>
File: 1335208434479.jpg (976 KB, 754x3564) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1335208434479.jpg
976 KB, 754x3564
>>255253163
ez
>>
>>255253545
>Wildstar
>more adult setting

I'm sorry, what about the "OH SHIT YOU LEVELED UP CUPCAKE OOOOH YEAH TRIPLE KILL UNSTOPPABLE" cartoony-as-fuck setting is "adult?" Like, if you like it, that's great, but it's not mature at all.
>>
>>255253545
I agree completely, but I'm gonna put it down for a while just so I can see how it feels in about half a year
>>
>>255249145
b-b-b-but muh attunement and hard dungeons!

Games only hard cause they did little to no testing on what little end game content there is.
>>
>Completely ecstatic during the alpha/beta of GW2
>After launch everyone realizes you can finish the story in like a day, PvP is imbalanced and lacking modes, WvW is a zerg rush, theres no endgame except a handful of dungeons for cosmetics and dyes

Leveling was a blast though, but it crashes hard at max level.
>>
File: trippinballs.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
trippinballs.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>255253629

The sad fact is it's because people don't want difficulty anymore.

the first dungeon you get at level 20 in this game is harder than level 90 raids in world of warcraft.

But people dont want to work, they just want to grind.

>>255253674

Something can be cartoony and adult ya dingus, the constant reference to rape, sex, and violence is what makes the game more adult.

Hell there's badly drawn draken porn pretty much everywhere in game.
>>
File: stylish2.jpg (2 MB, 999x2200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
stylish2.jpg
2 MB, 999x2200
>>255253163
Fuckin' Stylish man
>>
>>255253907
>The sad fact is it's because people don't want difficulty anymore.
No they dont want generic cash cow WoW rip offs

>difficulty
Go play eve and come back here
>>
>>255253907
Whatever you say, mang. Enjoy it, I guess.
>>
>>255253860
GW2 had fun leveling, complete lack of end-game killed it for me.

That and the fucking 'I am the main character even though you do all the work, and kill everything' Green Prick storyline.
>>
shit optimization is the biggest issue.

Not casual laptop compatibility (not necessarily intel HD but that's pretty useful to have as an ace) even, but on my 660 it was running like total ass. ~40 FPS in areas with more than 10 people in it.

The game's also totally bland in combat, you do your rotations and nothing more, there's no reason to ever change up. There's nothing where you say "Oh I should use this skill instead of that". It's always just a rotation.

and lastly bots. there's already tons of fucking bots, gold sellers, credd resellers, and powerlevelers out there.

I'd love to see it go f2p though, the game's set up perfectly to be f2p, they could make housing a largely cash shop oriented thing, similar to RIFT.
>>
>>255253907
>difficulty
Pfthahah

You cant be fucking serious, its harder than WoW sure but its still a casual as shit game.
>>
>>255253907
My space nigga
Pretty much everything he said. I had more fun on my first lvl 20 dungeon in this game that most endgames have given me in years. Such a shame they didn't advertise to the right crowd >.>
>>
>subscription fee
>>
File: 1405449826671.jpg (51 KB, 826x667) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405449826671.jpg
51 KB, 826x667
>>255254089
>>.>
>>
>>255254074
>Relying on people you don't know
>Ever considering this easy
>>
File: emowankenobi.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
emowankenobi.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>255253984

It's a game that marketted itself towards vanilla wow lovers and the dev team consists of former wow devs.

It is supposed to be similar to vanilla wow, and that's a good thing

>Eve

No anon you're confusing boring and tedious with difficult.

>>255254018

Nah as I said in my previous posts, there aren't enough dungeons, as fantastic as they are you can only play them so many times.

I hope it goes free to play so I can check on it in a year and pick it up again.

>>255254074

This nigga dont know stormtalon

he dont know
>>
>>255254191
You're delusional. Wildstar is not a difficult game.

Go play some real video games for fucks sake.
>>
File: 1404460360270.png (255 KB, 500x410) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1404460360270.png
255 KB, 500x410
>>255254107
>needing to actually pay the subscription fee

CREDD is fucking easy to get right now, if you don't at least have 6 CREDD from gold at this point you probably shouldn't be investing time into MMO's at the moment.
>>
>>255254274
Stormtalon is only difficult for completely new pugs. Theres nothing tough about sticking to a person, standing out of bad shit, etc. Its the same old mechanics from plenty of games.
>>
1. Terrible optimization
2. Boring themepark that adds nothing new to the genre
3. Unbearably brainwashed community

All led to a quick death. Thank god, one less WoW clone for people to shrill on /v/.
>>
File: ey bitch.png (105 KB, 632x477) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ey bitch.png
105 KB, 632x477
>>255254274
>>255253907

>come launch
>finally get level 20
>oh boy dungeons
>spend 2 hours wiping on the first mob
>having felt pain this good for 5 years
>shed a solitary tear because I know the casuals will complain and the dungeon will be nerfed
>finally get to stormtalon
>mfw
>>
>they turned "this kills the wildstar thread"-chan into a tittymonster
>the game's already dead so no r34 will ever come of it

LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THEM
>>
>>255252906
Not him but,

>missed all the hype threads
>ignored all the threads talking about how good it would be because it was 'different'

There was no reason from the fan boys. There was only droning. Anyone with a brain knew this game was gonna be shit and look there. It's shit.

People use the excuse of
>the expectations were too high

No. We told you fucking morons it was gonna be shit but no. No no.
>It's gonna be good.
>You weren't even in the beta.
>You have to give it t~ime.

Fuck you. This game released. Sold like shit and now nobody is talking about it.
>>
>>255249145
>Why did a WoW clone, years after people stopped caring about WoW, in an industry where "WoW-killers" were all complete disasters?
>>
>>255249145
because it was made by chinese
>>
>>255253907
Rape, sex and violence are not mature, they are immature attempts to seem mature.
>>
>>255253398
>ESO
Most people I know that play MMOs, myself included, didn't even realize it had even released.
>>
>>255254619
Just because a game isnt popular doesnt mean its not epic. You people just cant appreciate it so its sinking. Fekking casuals.
>>
>>255254607
Good lord

I'm still not playing the game
>>
>>255253984
I think you are confusing hard with time consuming
>>
>>255254725
>You people just cant appreciate it
>cant appreciate something they appreciated a decade ago
Ha
>>
>>255254607
Thank god. I got sick of anons posting screencaps of that fucking video with the godawful animation like she was the greatest character to grace the vidya with her presence. Just a fucking redhead with a Southern accent, and that's apparently enough to get you off? Lord.
>>
File: nxAAHRr.jpg (137 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
nxAAHRr.jpg
137 KB, 1360x768
>>255253327
This vid is the sole reason I didn't play Tera after release. Stall was fucking retarded. I remember he was taking away everyone's gbank access and shit too. I miss the days when Ulboarax led us.
>>
is there any mmo with combat like monster hunter? I will buy it right now
>>
>try out beta
>combat is shit
>try out again just before release
>combat is shit, delayed and floaty
>want to cancel preorder, they dont even answer
>forced to chargeback
>my friends who I preordered with go apeshit
>OMG ANON U DIDNT EVEN LEAVE STARTING ZONE OMFG HOW DO YOU KNOW ITS BAD?
>try it out on their accounts at high level
>its still shit
>BUT IT GETS BETTER! YOU WILL GET USED TO IT!! HIGH LEVEL IS REALLY GOOD

If the combat is shit why should I bother?
>>
>>255254763
I don't want you to fucking play that pile of shit, I just want to see a dick between those

FUCK
>>
>>255254619

Except it's not shit, its completely average with the exception of housing which is good and raiding which is the best of any MMO.

You guys will either hop on, play to level 10 and be like "Well this game is bad" then form your whole opinion of it there, or even worse you don't like raiding at all and will call it a bad game because it's not made for you.

>>255254687

You're being pedantic and you know it

>>255254607

oh cool they fixed her model
>>
>>255254809
Sure thing casual, whatever you say

>>255254840
Monster Hunter Online
>>
>>255253667
Top lel
>>
>>255254832
I can get off to anything
>>
>>255254290
Don't you give me that. I play lots of games that rely on individual skill (DS2, SC2, Arena shootems to name a few) but I still really enjoyed what the bosses had to offer; maybe if only I got to watch my party members die while we finished it two man.

But yes, I'm not going to tell you to go eat a dick, because it's obvious you have some reckoning of taste, but you needn't be so fast to discount something that people legitimately find fun.

>inb4onv
>>
>>255254897
>Except it's not shit, its completely average
Jesus Christ you are the worst fanboy of all time

>i-its not good but its not bad either guys, please play with me so it stops dying ;_;
>>
>>255254981
>I play lots of games that rely on individual skill
>lists multiplayer shit
Fucking seriously?
>>
>>255251782
How could an MMO not be?
>>
>>255254981
>Don't you give me the truth
Oh okay well I guess you have fun being casual
>>
>>255249145
Tera 2.0.
Grind and no content.
And don't think it'll change, it never will.
>>
>>255254897
You do this in every thread.
Sorry but the game is shit.
>>
It didn't die

The end game is fun and it'll have it's niche player base for years to come. Just 'cause it doesn't boast 10 million subs means it's dead.
>>
>>255254897
Y'know, I'm really sick of the "b-but you just didn't play enough!" excuse for MMOs. If the game isn't fun within the first hour of play, why the hell should I bother sticking around for another ten or twenty or fifty? Some nebulous "but it gets better!" promise? Fuck that shit.

MMOs should be fun from the moment you start playing, not just after you've already invested dozens of hours into them.
>>
>>255255217
No the dwindling numbers and dead zones means its dead
>>
>>255255017

I'm just not blind, you guys are so desperate for another TOR

Just because a game isn't amazing doesn't mean it's bad.

I played the game wanting good dungeons, and I got good dungeons.

Why you are so mad that people actually enjoyed the game is anyone's guess.
>>
>>255254680
I do not believe, your question in a composition, made sense too much?
>>
>>255249145
Because PSO2 was still better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2OcMYL1zsI
>>
>>255249145
Why the FUCK would anyone expect a WoW-clone to be successful?
>>
>>255255268
You can thank WoW for this shitty idea that MMOs have to slowly lead your through its content rather than dropping you in there with all the features available and going "Do what you want and have fun"

>you guys are so desperate for another TOR
No we are just not blind
>>
>>255254897
>it's completely average

So it's shit. Thanks, I just said that.

This 2014, if you are accepting average you're a piece of shit. There is no reason this game should be average. There is no reason it couldn't have been great but it's not. Why? Because they tried to stay old school and they tried to copy what other people already did when they could have done something new but you know.. ideas are hard. They didn't have a trillion dollar budget so they couldn't try something new.

>Lets strive for average!
>Being mediocre is the same as being good!

Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>255254607
What a shame, I loved posting it.

Those tits make her look like shit though, it's barbie all over the place.
>>
>MMO
>open ended character classes with Monster Hunter combat, but a bit smoother
>highest goal is to hit legendary status which gives you a customizable gear piece that you can make yours and tracks what you have done
>legendary status includes things like killing a lot of other players, leading a party to kill a beefy raidboss for the first time, leading a mercenary group, serving a king, becoming an amazing blacksmith
>players can be kings and open up their own areas for recruitment and armies
>legendary gear can be taken if killed, but everyone sees who has the gear and can kill/steal it for their own or return it for a reward

The game would expand based on player activity which would open more kingdoms, factions, and build its own law system. It'd force people to role play.
>>
>>255255396
ARR was. Incoming huge debate.
>>
>>255255083
>>255255117
I suppose you both could do me better and tell me a game that is not multiplayer, relies on large amounts of individual skill, and is enjoyable? I mean, I play bullet hell games too, but I really don't know what you're looking for; dwarf fortress?
>>
>>255255353
>Why you are so mad that people actually enjoyed the game is anyone's guess.
Epic meme bro, upvoted

No one cares, so stop making shitty threads on /v/ thinking people will support you playing a shitty game
>>
>wowcloneinspacehashtag
>>
>>255255440
>Blaming the developer and not the customer

They just cater to demand. It was clear that MMO players wanted more progression than freedom, and they got it. Just accept that you're a minority and the glory days are over. It would take a brand new dev to even attempt to make a risky new MMO.
>>
>>255255289
source?

>>255255268
they should, but they're not designed that way, you can either dip in and enjoy what it has to offer or don't
>>
Weeb garbage
>>
File: 1398976584435.jpg (97 KB, 811x680) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1398976584435.jpg
97 KB, 811x680
>>255255353
>I'm just not blind
Yes you are.
>you guys are so desperate for another TOR
This fucking excuse again, it only shows up in Wildstar threads.
You faggots seriously act like biodrones.
You can't deal with people not liking the game, so you think it's a conspiracy against you.
>>
>>255254948
I can get off to you talking about getting off to anything.
>>
>>255255372
When will it be stateside ;A;
>>
>>255255593
>They just cater to demand
A demand that is filled by WoW.

>glory days are over
Your right, themeparks other than WoW are all dead. Wildstar is no exception.
>>
>>255255441

It's average, yes, like I said with redeeming qualities, namely music, dungeons, and housing.

It needs work, hopefully it will be better in a few months

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eqODTgM_hI

>>255255536

>This nigga is really this mad right now
>he thinks I made the thread
>>
>>255255723
Ask again in 2017
>>
>>255255754
Can you blame a company for making a game they know will sell for retarded shit tons? You'd do the same in their situation for money.
>>
>>255249710
Neverwinter is actually decent though.
>>
ARR is doing well because it has something to float on. An existing fanbase. It's also easy to level, you can blow through it in a week or two.

Wildstar is average, but it has nothing going for it. No decent lore, no existing fanbase. Being average alone, no matter how charming it might seem, is not enough to keep the game afloat. That's what every was saying all along when we shit on Wildstar. Good God was it excruciating to level in beta.
>>
File: Wildstar Online.jpg (206 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Wildstar Online.jpg
206 KB, 1440x900
>>
>>255255830
But this game didnt, it died on release

And no I wouldnt, because making themepark MMOs is totally pointless.
>>
File: 1393137486101.png (244 KB, 461x468) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1393137486101.png
244 KB, 461x468
>>255255723
It already has an English patch, just play the JP version.
>>255255771
You show up in every wildstar thread, poorly defending the game.
Then you get upset when people don't fall for your shit.
>>
Uninstalled after 15 minutes. Cant understand how people lasted longer than that
>>
>>255255886

Looks more like WAR
>>
File: 1404804150879.jpg (39 KB, 400x440) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1404804150879.jpg
39 KB, 400x440
Why devs aren't making a 2D MMORPG like Maple Story?
>>
>>255249145
>gameplay screams controller, devs refuse to implement
>dated graphics on launch
>shit world with shit characters
>cover the world in shit tier WoW quests with voice acting
>aspired to be vanilla WoW knock-off with gimmicks like paths
Devs need to look at what's working now, not what nostalgia fags remember about WoW in 2006. And put more emphasis on their worlds. Yes we want some raids and endgame content at launch, but if looking at the world while leveling to get there is painful I'm not going to do it.
>>
>>255255289
well you must still be playing this so it can't be dead yet
>>
>>255255941
>It already has an English patch, just play the JP version.
>He Doesn't know about the Gaijin ban from 2 weeks ago after the DDOS that went on for 2 weeks
You pretty much need a VPN now, and some JP vpns don't work.
>>
File: pitou.gif (1 MB, 613x507) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
pitou.gif
1 MB, 613x507
>>255255941

I've not defended anything for about a month guy, hell I've not even been on /v/ for more than a month.

I've just been using my remaining sub time to open these worthless ass boomboxes and getting jack diddly.
>>
File: 1402562279172.jpg (41 KB, 250x250) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1402562279172.jpg
41 KB, 250x250
>>255254607
Source Engine porn when?
>>
>>255251563

>Multiple classes/proffessions on one character
>Great music
>Lot's of fan service
>Square is actually reasonable about it's sub numbers

Game is actually decent, and it's set up in a way encourages you to keep working on one character.
Square is also not trying to "kill WoW" They just want some constant money flow. XI is their most profitable game to date, and that never even came close to WoW's numbers. it peaked at 450k. 14 is already at 600k, so if it keeps up, it will keep making money for them.
>>
>>255255946
I have a friend who's playing but not a whole lot. I think he said he just bought it to weather the drought until the next WoW expansion. Doesn't see much hope for endgame, thinks the attunements they've got are fucking retarded.
>>
>>255256053
>the Gaijin ban
I thought that just applied to SEA?
>>255256089
>I've not defended anything for about a month guy
Did I say a month?
Also I like how you stopped posting screenshots after I called you out.
>>
>>255252461
Holy shit. That UI looks just like WoWs. Minus the action bars, of course.
>>
File: Allods_Forums_Lock.jpg (183 KB, 693x697) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Allods_Forums_Lock.jpg
183 KB, 693x697
>>255255886
Never4get the shitstorm, the greatest mmo shitstorm.
>>
>>255255482
and this exact thread would be made about it a couple months after release. it you wanna chat with people who actually can validate their information or allow people to have opinions, get off /v/
>>
>>255256264
What happened here?
>>
>>255253939
I can't tell if roleplaying, autistic, or its Wootle.
>>
>>255256228

Well actually you "called me out" here >>255255173

And I continued posting, and if your claim is "You defended wildstar once like a month ago" then i'm guilty as charged you got me.

Would you like more screenshots
>>
>>255256228
>I thought that just applied to SEA?
The original ban was SEA only because they now have their own version.

There however is now a large ban on non-jp IPs(depends on your ISP but 90% of isps are banned) because somebody ddos'd sega for 2 week to the point where you couldn't login or access their website.
>>
>>255255497
don't feed them
>>
WoW clones keep failing because they're targeting an audience that simply doesn't exist.

Blizzard says they have 6m active accounts. But look at that number for a moment, that is active accounts, not PAYING accounts. Blizzard includes both Chinese players, who pay substantially less, make up a huge portion of the playerbase, and don't even have ACCESS to most of these clones to begin with.
But they also include trial accounts. WoW is F2P up to level 20 and have been for a significant amount of time.

Once you account for that, how many people are left in the target audience? Fuck all. How many are left that would abandon WoW for your clone? Next to none.

Take a look at the most currently successful non-WoW MMO's.
EVE is completely different, with a completely different fanbase.
FFXIV manages to stay afloat on its brand name, and more competent devs. It's similar to WoW, but different enough to gouge out its own niche.
And then there's Runescape, which, after it revamped itself to be more like WoW, nearly died. Now they're going out of their way to return the game to the way it was before it turned into WoW clone. A significant amount of its subscibers only play the 2007 legacy servers too, which are nothing like WoW.

TLDR, they want to WoW audience, but the WoW audience doesn't even exist anymore.
>>
>>255256407

>this running NO OPINIONS gag

It's just as cancerous as any other meme. People circle jerk and come up with ideas all the time on here.
>>
>>255256421
Game had a really good F2P model, company called Mail.ru bought out the devs and turned it into a insanely bad cash cow.
People didn't like it one bit and went to the forums to simply discuss it, GMs went on a crazy damage control parade and started locking every thread, even ones they had created.
It pretty much killed the game.
I use to have a pm message on the forums when they existed from one of the producers named Chomp who had a huge rant about mail.ru and pretty much called the result of the patch "post-Mortem".
>>
>>255256001
The grafix were half the reason I didn't even bother. Like, cartoony has its place, but this is just...it's so awful, it hurts to look at. And they expect people to bother sticking around in that world? Hell no.

>inb4 "b-but you're just mad it's not brown 'n bloom!"
Cartoony or exaggerated styles can be done well, but this isn't. You seriously expect me to want to hang around with guys like >>255255771 in a world like that? Nothing about that image or any other screenshot or video I've seen of the game is appealing. Nothing at all.
>>
>>255255842
oh yeah, and the cosmetic options are fantastic... especially how your armor progresses. fuck no
>>
>>255255997

because maple story is garbage, and mmos don't really lend themselves to being platformers in general
>>
>>255256438

might as well continue
>>
>>255253667
What am I reading? A guy took their guild name and they got pissy about it?
>>
>>255256790

aw bb dont be like that

hurtin my feelins n junk
>>
File: 1374561008065.jpg (53 KB, 308x231) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1374561008065.jpg
53 KB, 308x231
Hated the artstyle; hated the LOLSORANDUM humor

It literally did nothing but make me resub to WoW.
>>
>>255256618
They don't include trial accounts in their shareholder meetings. Chinese non-subbing players, sure, but not trials. If they did, the numbers would be considerably higher, since technically a trial never goes dark.

Unless you have proof that trials are included in those numbers, I'm calling bullshit.

You're right that the MMO audience is shrinking, though. Themeparks aren't the way to go, and nobody's going to be able to replicate WoW's success without something truly revolutionary that will draw in more people to the pool. What that is, who can say?
>>
>>255256001
i was turned off by this awkward disney-esque first introduction teaser with that girl that pisses herself over seeing the player character.

for the rest, well, what do you expect. the decisions arent made by the devs, but the publishers. if the publishers want a wow-clone, they get a wow-clone, and it will bomb, just like any game that is just a clone of something else.
>>
>>
>>255257184
>>
>>255257275
>>
File: 1406434531870.png (142 KB, 273x237) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1406434531870.png
142 KB, 273x237
The MMO market is already at it's peak, and MMO players are unlikely to switch games as they've ploughed so much time into a single game and don't want to start over.
>>
>>255257275
Why does it look so terrible?
>>
>>255256885
please do, if he seriously wanted you to stop posting, he wouldn't have bitched about you not posting for a moment. Also I enjoy them.
>>
>>255256472
well that's fucked. good thing i didn't bother getting into it. fuck you, sega. fuck you to hell. i was hyped for that game like 3 years ago.
>>
The real question is when is the new dark age of camelot thing happening
>>
>>255257431

Fraps

Unfortunately I didn't realize that while taking the pictures

>>255257436
>>
>>255257616
>>
>>255256438
What race is that?
>>
Anybody else here waiting for Tree of Savior and hoping that it turns out well?

I can't remember the last time I played a MMORPG like RO where you had actual freedom in builds. Or where you could really mob enemies. Or where classes were distinct enough from each other that you would look for specific classes for parties instead of generic "DPS, TANK, HEALER".

Really, I can't help but think that MMORPGs nowadays are overly designed. X class gets Y kinds of skills so that they can fulfill Z role. City A is the designated low level area, with Maps___ through ____ and dungeons ___ through ____ containing monster types ____, _____, and ______ that spawn in the exact same place every so often and stay there. Meanwhile, you gain Tier N equipment that you will toss away for Tier N+1 equipment shortly.

It feels like RO was one of the last games in the genre that let the players figure out how they wanted to play, instead of laying out a linear progression that has to be followed for maximum efficiency. I miss actually having to think about my build.
>>
>>255249145
Please stop posting this meme/bait. Thanks.
>>
File: Exploration! 3.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Exploration! 3.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>255257713

shitty webm i made
>>
>>255257751

Amazoness NPCs that you encounter throughout the game, I don't remember their name
>>
>>255257817
where do you get to do that? looks like fun
>>
>>255257951

If you play explorer, throughout maps are paths of red and blue flags, each red flag gives a speed boost that stacks to 5, blue gives a jump boost.

Helps with exploring and getting places quick
>>
File: Capture.png (351 KB, 371x584) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Capture.png
351 KB, 371x584
>Buy it
>Roll this Warrior
>See my sword a mile away from my back
>Cancel sub same day

Shame I was looking forward to it too.
>>
>>255257771
Me.
I want to feel RO feelings again, but I doubt that'll happen.
Not to mention that even WHEN it gets ported to EU, it'll be probably by Nexon or some shit that'll make it pay 2 win garbage.


All I want is RO in full 3D with good graphics and same mechanics. Just like in my MMO animus (Log Horizon and SAO).
>>
>>255251659
It's not lol, these people will fully admit they've never played wildstar past level 20 but claim that they know anything about the end game. /v/ for you.
>>
>>255258123
>>
File: terer.jpg (565 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
terer.jpg
565 KB, 1920x1080
>>255249145
lack of elins
>>
>>255258243
thats what it takes for you to quit a game? sorry you cant feel fun
>>
>>255257817

and you've posted it at least a dozen times or more
>>
>>255249145
>thinks because it uses slutty neko girls it will be good
you are a sad pathetic fat lonely retard
>>
>>255249145
Poor dungeon setup. Half-finished bugged quest lines. Incomprehensible story that throws you into it assuming you're going to give a shit about it at all. Generic as fuck blatant rip-off races of other MMO's. Steep learning combat curve. Poor class scaling and balancing.

Overall its just uninspired. Should have dumped half their advertising budget into the game and it might have been half way decent. But their business model is one of suicide. No previous fan base of other games to pull from or established lore. Thinking they could make an MMO you have to buy and subscribe to with no nostalgia power was a very stupid move on their part.
>>
>>255249145
its not dead lol
>>
>>255258370

I'll probably post it a dozen or so more times the rest of the year, so avert your eyes now.

I want to have sex with this model
>>
I like Wildstar. I wanted WoW BC, I basically got WoW BC with additions.

The only thing I'd change is the "get silver on all dungeons" part of the attunement. In WoW you could always fill raid spots with mediocre people and still get shit done, but the average skill required to get silver in all dungeons in wildstar is the equivalent to a good/very good raider in WoW.
>>
>>255258495
>>255258370

Wildstardrones on overtime.
>>
I personally just can't stand the fucking cartoony style. I fucking hate that shit. I don't mind it being stylized but holy fuck this cartoon shit like WoW needs to die in a fire.
>>
>>255258642

Oh and I'm not going to deny that the game is dead, if you want a half-decent community you have to go Dominion on Pergo or bust.
>>
>>255253984
>Go play eve and come back here
the only thing eve has that is difficult is the patients required to play a boring ass game
>>
>>255258697
jaded randoms leading miserable existences

lol
>>
>>255258697
>>
>>255249710
>WAR
If only EA/Mythic didnt fuck up so badly we probably wouldnt be in this mess
>>
>>255256983
You don't get how serious some of these "gaming communities" can get about their guild names.
>>
>>255258251
>game is somewhat active at the endgame but completely barren in the early game

That means there's no new players. That's a horrible sign.
>>
>>255259012

I have seen hell
>>
>>255253907
>Hell there's badly drawn draken porn pretty much everywhere in game.
>>255253907
QUE
>>
>>255259304
>>
>>255259210
it's a pretty dead game.
and with players hemorrhaging off left and right, there aren't enough players to do the 40 man content.

i played it got the dungeon silvers and quit because there was nothing else to do other than wait for the world bosses.
i was fed up with the garbage
>>
>>255249710
WaR was not a wow clone. It was rushed, unfinished, glitchy... But not a wow clone.
LotRO is not a wow clone. Furthest from it.
How the hell can you get wow clone from AoC
>>
>>255259012
I fucking hate this artstyle. I need to look at this picture for 15 seconds to know what the fuck is going on there.
>>
>>255259159
I... I guess not. obscure anime references are best guild names.
>>
File: 1337861057024.png (294 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1337861057024.png
294 KB, 1200x1200
>>255249145
that face is uncanny valley, that's why
>>
>>255259879
i'm more interested in where those earings are hanging from.
seriously, did they actually thing that through?
>>
>>255259735

While the art style is cartoony, that picture isn't a good example

Its a mission where you have a sanity meter, and if it reaches zero you go insane, contrast is turned way up, all sorts of crazy shit appears

>>255259318

Porn is an exaggeration, pin up would be a better term
>>
>>255259665
almost all MMOs are just like wow
>>
>Tell people 40 mans and attunement are a bad idea
>They're
>None listened to me
>>
>>255259985
and wow was like the mmos before it
>>
>>255260549
Confirmed for never having played an MMO before WoW
>>
>>255260604
confirmed for never having played lineage 2
>>
>>255253207
>We literally lost nothing
didn't the game get censored?

>and gained a feature
what feature?
>>
>>255254607
Did they make them bigger? when after the censored them?
>>
>>255261028

No

The large breasts and butts remained, the only difference is no you can choose between body types

And frankly some of the races have asses and tits so large it just looks ridiculous
>>
>>255261286
>And frankly some of the races have asses and tits so large it just looks ridiculous
This is a bad thing?
>>
>>255253545
>mature

Good joke.
>>
>>255261286
>wildstar64
kek
>>
>>255261028
They backed out on the censorship due to the backlash.

Instead they made it so you can pick a few body types.
However the anatomy is terrible on everything so it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>255261436
why do you guys want accurate anatomy, its a video game...
>>
>>255261286
Did they revert the change because there was a big deal about the censorship-

>>255261436
>They backed out on the censorship due to the backlash.

Oh, wow they actually listened, that's good news. i kept hearing about them reverting the change.
>>
>>255261390

Choices are always a good thing, but the bodies in wildstar already look really silly, add to that huge proportions and it looks sillier

Dont think they should be removed though.

>>255261408

Mature is not mentioned once in that post anon

If you would like help reading

>More adult world of warcraft

Which is not to imply that its an adult game, or that it's mature, merely that it is more adult than world of warcraft.
>>
>>255252906
This.
The game has the basis for a solid MMO. Carbine just needs to fix their shit (which they're doing) and add more content.
Time will tell what will happend to it and it's completely in Carbine's hands now.
>>
so is the game alive on most populated servers?
>>
>>255261950
yes

soruce: someone who actually plays the game, not some jaded /v/ droner
>>
>>255261786
There's nothing more adult about Wildshit than WoW.
>>
> top guilds rush through content. finish atunements using exploits.
> later. carbine nerfs drops. carbine buffs dungeons.
> casuals no incentive to run adventures
> same for dungeons
> lel forever 5/13

i joined a guild trying to get this done 3 weeks in a row guild leader puting our group with this retarded fucking tank that dies to stl first boss in 2 hits "h-ha ha we are making progress guys no worries". overgeared healer cant keep him alive. "i d-d-dunno what im doing wrong guys". fuck. if i cant get it done this week my sub runs out. im out.
>>
Because the MMO model literally doesn't work for anyone but blizzard and even then it's failing for them
>>
>>255261696
>Did they revert the change because there was a big deal about the censorship-
not that i am aware of. i think the only change they did was add more body types.

they were going to put in sliders, but that required work, and they are pretty incompetent
>>
>>255262205
carbine's fixes are fucking retarded
>>
>>255262285
>i think the only change they did was add more body types.
do the body types make up for the previous ones or are they a downgrade?
>>
>>255262193

Lol are you joking?
>>
>>255262596
>Lol

No, but you sure are a moron.
>>
>>255262521
i don't really know i wasn't in the closed beta during boobgate

people just select the largest rack available anyway when they make their female characters.
>>
>>255262205
That's the real issue with all MMOs.
Your "fun" is being dictated by other people.
If you meet good people then it's the best thing ever.
If you meet casual, retarded scum then it's hell on earth.
>>
>>255262741

Whatever sperg.
>>
>>255262868
Fuck off back to plebbit.
>>
File: 1364604602435.jpg (49 KB, 498x750) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1364604602435.jpg
49 KB, 498x750
>Firefall use to be a pretty neat game that could use some mad polishing
>developers are nice and reasonable people who listen to the community
>drop $80 to support them, maybe a good MMO will come out of it
>instead they took out everything that made it neat or made it completely useless then changed the game into Global Agenda

I'm so fucking done with MMOs
>>
>>255262803
Either way, that's was a really sloppy censorship but that's good that they added that feature.
>>
>>255263040
what i did notice was they added underwear to the rock people and lizard people.

i was upset until i noticed that the rock tits jiggled now like the regular tits.
>>
>>255257771
isn't CBT this week?
>>
There are only 155 viewers at the moment watching Wildstar streams on Twitch
What the fuck
And it looked so fun in the trailers, but I guess that's the point.
>>
>>255262969

Oh I'm sorry did I trigger you tumblr crunchlord?
>>
>>255263216
>but I guess that's the point

Exactly. MMOs don't really do well if you treat them like AAA single player games.
Words of mouth travels way faster, so making a shit game with good marketing won't work at all.
>>
>>255263216
i was having fun.
until i reached the wait gate that is the end game content.
can't even do warplots unless you have 40 people ready to do it.
only 2 battlegrounds so that gets boring quick.
and world pvp that is retarded with 40 man raid boss like guards around the towns.

i spent more time waiting on a daily boss fight that spawns every 2 hours than doing anything else, it was fucking pathetic
>>
>>255263227
Nobody gives a shit about your dead kids' game. Fuck off.
>>
>>255263316
I was so hype for this game last summer it's ridiculous. I thought it was Vanilla WoW, which I thought was very good, in 2014. The combat looked fun and challenging and 40-man raids sounded so amazing. I even loved the cartony art style.
Then I got into the Winter beta and holy damn what a disappointment. Forgettable music, characters,quests and abysmal UI and optimization.
>>
>>255253328
>Also no way to dodge white damage = bullshit.

szomsone understood my pain! I compained abuot that one fourms and was told I was wrong because the game would be too easy if you could dodge everything.

Combat meant to be beased on skill, but every mob has a built in timer you can do nothing about so skill means nothing. Gear and FotM class means everything.

so glad i bailed. I don't normally have buyers remorse for an mmorpg. I can get 1-2 months entertainment out of them but less than 2 weeks and I gave up on wildstar. Fuck I made ti to cap and did all the raids in swtor within 1 month with a friend but wildstar? can't even heal a dungeon cause so stupid over tuned.
>>
File: 1379729257526.gif (2 MB, 469x282) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1379729257526.gif
2 MB, 469x282
>>255263013
>Supported Firefall with $200 when it was cool looking
>They stripped it of most its features and added some bullshit level system and linear progression
>I'll probably do it again the next time some MMO comes out that looks good
>>
>mfw Bless saves the MMO genre
>>
>>255258340
>devs refuse to use new tech to make proper weapon holder
>sword just floats there a foot off your back

well if you like shit then go ahead but the rest of us actuallty raise our standards and expect better as time progresses.
>>
>>255263813
>posted about this in some Wildshit thread
>get showered with LOL UR A RETARD HAHA OF COURSE YOU CAN DODGE IT HAHA LEARN TO PLAY ROFL

Fucking morons, everyone. Wish there was a game like TERA or Vindictus except with content. Fingers crossed for Black Desert.
>>
>>255249145

Because all characters models have fucking DICK NECKS.
>>
File: 790108elin110.jpg (124 KB, 648x344) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
790108elin110.jpg
124 KB, 648x344
>>255258330
>The fuckers censored the Elins for NA
>>
>>255260985
>lineage 2
>grind central
>forced grouping like ffxi to get anywhere at a decent rate
>player shiops all over the towns creating massive lag
>shit gear upgrades that did almsot nothing
>grding levels, grind mats to have a dwarf craft anything, grind skill poitns to upgrade skills, grind money to pay for the damage boost capsules
>terrible pvp

Yeah no, lineage was shit. It was very pretty at the time and that's why it sold. Once wow actually made mmo's less grindy and more solo friendly L2 and all the other korean crap fell off on playerbase.
>>
>>255264330
i want to play as a zergling, not a human with green skin or blue skin.
a fucking zergling
>>
>>255264687
WoW was Babby's first Evercrack clone : now with Warcraft lore.
>>
>>255264330
>Black Desert.
Brace yourself for disappointment.
>>
>Good news for all Western Black Desert Fans. Daum, the Korean Publisher of Black Desert will expand to the Western Market and open a new Office in the West.

It never end well when a Korean Compagny is trying to open a NA office.
>>
>>255264330
I'd like vindictus if it wasn't locked into small corroder instances all the damn time. Has a decent combat system but you can't just go expore the world.

TERA is at least enjoyable to level in due to it's combat, but that endgame will never be good since every new content patch makes the previous dungons pointless. Also locking a brand new class to 1 race is the biggest fucking mistake I've ever seen in an mmorpg.

why would they do something so retarted? Elins might be popurlar sure but not everyone wants to play as one and it goes aganist everything the game launch did with allowing all races to be any class... why go backwards?
>>
>>255253025

Because instead of having universal classes they absolutely HAD to have "iconic" faction locked ones with copy pasted skills, and force heal is on the republic side.

It's the same reason why republic has a force caster that instead of lightning tosses around toilet bowls.
>>
>>255265356
It's not a mistake though, everyone plays Elin in TERA anyway.
>>
Those looks like nice tits
>>
>>255253209

Awesome story/setting.
Boring combat.
Would have been better as a single player game.
>>
How's Final Fantasy 14? I've seen a trailer on the latest patch and it seems comfy and good as fuck
>>
>>255266547
Vanilla WoW with catgirls.
>>
>>255249710

only MMORPG i can think of that does things differently is TSW. It is story and arg focused with interesting but a but clunky combat. really good game.
It is also dead.
>>
>>255249145
terrible combat
>>
>>255249710

The sad thing is, despite how shit all of those listed games have been, they've all basically been financially successful games.

The WoW formula is just too good at generating money. Most of those games were probably made to fail but also make a shit load of money in the first few months.
>>
At least Tree of Savior will save MMOs, right guys?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXBuPMfG5y4
>>
>>255249145

They took WoW and and got rid of the closest thing WoW had to a redeemable quality: it's world and lore and shit. Wildstar's story and world are such a complete and utter side thought because "lmao everything's a joke!"

Not to mention the artstyle is some regurgitated version of Ratchet & Clank. You only have a half a dozen abilities and they don't escape the idea of "damaging aoe, healing aoe, or blink/disengage" There's only six classes which can only use one weapon type each. The questing system is even worse than WoW since there is next to no flavor text at all, and the game shoves a million tasks down your throat non-stop.

God, fuck. How is this game suppose to "appeal to vanilla WoW players." I get the dungeons and raids are "super hardcore" but it has literally nothing else except maybe housing but who gives a shit.
>>
>>255267952
If it's as deep as pretty? Sure.
But it's not.
>>
The death reports aren't exaggerated.

Good concepts, but full of horrible systems.

Bad combat system. I don't know if it's the netcode, spell desyncs or the slowed timed abilities but I keep missing my telegraphs on moving targets, specially in pvp.

Bad pvp system. Gear>>>skill. Too high gap between 1800 arena geared (top) and entry level. System encourages tanking stats, so new player will have to fight against 1800 player. Therefore, wintrading system to advance. Best pve weapon is in 1800 rating...

The storyline is so generic it hurts ("It's Aliens"). The lore is memespouting. There are many "Task" missions, boring ones just for filler. Instead of killing 1/100 you progress 1%.
Boooooring daily mission zones.

The attunement is a fiasco unless you have a constant party of friends to learn the dungeons or get carried to last boss. Not apt for casual guilds. Later on, people get burned on that. Having to attune newcomers and alts.

Basically, you're either with a progress raiding guild, or you repeat bad boring dailies. That's the two choices you have right now.

The raids don't even look that good.
>>
>>255252171
But firefall is absolutely dogshit. Yes, i played thee recent patch, it's still shit.
>>
>>255253667
Who exactly is talking to who there?
>>
File: 2193994.png (221 KB, 500x272) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2193994.png
221 KB, 500x272
Game deserves to be dead. I desperately wanted it to be good because I loved my playing my robot waifu, but Carbine are fucking incompetent. They failed to deliver on half of their promises for the game like being able to build shit and what is there is hindered by stupid shit like the medal system.

Hopefully they'll completely rethink everything and fix it by the time it goes F2P.
>>
It doesnt fucking run, I can run bf4, wow, LoL, bioshock, you name it! anything except crisis
and I couldnt run this piece of shit
the character models looks retarded, the world isnt open, the zones are only linked by portals, and the questing is boring as helll
>>
>>255254383
So how are they going to make the game profitable?
>>
>>255271637

CREDD is more profitable to them than subscription fees. They cost more than a subscription fee and rich/stupid players buy them and sell them for in-game money to people. It's basically just sanctioned gold-buying from Carbine.
>>
Rich players (irl) sell CREDD to get carried to 1800 or get carried through silver dungeons.
>>
>>255259665
>LotRO is not a wow clone.
Even the characters animations are the same as WoW.
>>
Wildstar is everything they said it would be ,a good theme park MMO that doesn't set out to reinvent the wheel

The only place where they dropped the ball is optimisation
>>
>>255249145
It's not just a WoW clone, it literally looks exactly like WoW. I've seen screenshots of it that most people, including me have actually confused for WoW. It was nothing like those cool traliers..
>>
All 8 of the people that still play Wildstar pop up in every thread to defend it as hard as they can. If the game is so good, why don't the 8 of you go play it?
>>
>>255272434
>It was nothing like those cool traliers

Nothing is like the cool trailers. Movies, vidya you name it. Trailers are 99% of the time better than the final thing.
>>
>>255265356
>Also locking a brand new class to 1 race is the biggest fucking mistake I've ever seen in an mmorpg.
>why would they do something so retarted? Elins might be popurlar sure but not everyone wants to play as one and it goes aganist everything the game launch did with allowing all races to be any class... why go backwards?

Why bother putting in the work if barely anybody plays any race except Elin.
>>
>>255272337
>theme park MMO
>good
>>
>>255272992
This.
>>
>>255249145
way to much hype
i actually like the game but all my buds just kinda quit for their jobs.
i plan on coming back i've just got way much better stuff to do
>>
>>255250003
Horrible performance, horrible animations, completely unbalanced (more stamina means you regen slower), shitty zones where people just switched instance if there was PvP.

It's was truely one of the worst MMO releases ever.
>>
File: apophis-279.jpg (51 KB, 679x574) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
apophis-279.jpg
51 KB, 679x574
>>255267221
>It is also dead

It's not, there are plenty of people in every zone, even the starting ones, really.
>>
File: 0025.jpg (173 KB, 534x642) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
0025.jpg
173 KB, 534x642
>>255249874
>>
its funny how /v/ thinks that a game needs "FULL" servers on every server to be an "alive" game. do you guys think that League of legends is the only "alive" game with that logic
>>
>>255272992
>>255273107

You don't even like the type of game so why comment on it your opinion is irrelevant
>>
>>255273698
Why even write a post if you're just going to strawman it?
>>
>>255250003
Didn't they only fully implement the (single) starting zone?
>>
>>255264670
Good thing there's been a patch since the beginning that undoes it.
>>
>>255249145
I'd fuck
>>
So how long has this been out?
>>
>>255269723
I dont get this bitching about epic arena gear being OP. The difference between blue PvP and epic PvP gear is about 20% stat increase. That doesn't mean jack shit if you know how to play.
Only bad players who cannot into PvP are crying about it.
>>
>>255274198
since june 3rd
>>
>>255274324

So its right on schedule to be f2p within 6 months of release.
>>
>>255273698

I can just as easily say your opinion is irrelevant because you have shit taste.
>>
>>255274315
The PVP is some of the most skilless shit I've ever seen in a game, it's amazing how even WoW can produce something that requires more skill.
>>
>>255252098
>the game didn't have hype.
Where we you? There was tons of hype, most of it built around that the red-head panty wetter and the busty cat and robot women in the cgi trailers they pushed everywhere.
>>
>>255267041
You sold me already.
>>
>>255249145
>we're making a new mmorpg!!
>we saw all these other failed games that tried to be wow but with their own theme, so we decided to take ratchet and clank's style and make it the PERFECT self-aware thempark mmo!
>that's right, we're making a WoW clone...but we know it from day 1!

as it would turn out, they didn't see the most important message in all these dying wow-clone mmos.

no one wants a wow-clone
>>
File: 2013-01-13_004057.jpg (854 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2013-01-13_004057.jpg
854 KB, 1920x1080
Rifts a good game though.

I don't play anymore though. Its the players you play with that make the game, and it has a pretty decent community.
>>
>>255249710
>ddo
>wow clone
it's not even an mmo. The only thing it has in common with WoW is that it's run by jews.
>>
Shitty artstyle, catering to "OMG SO KAWAII NEE CHAN" faggots instead of classic RPG fans
>>
>>255275938
I'm a part of that group and I can tell you they failed at that. The artstyle is shit.
>>
>>255249145
This guy makes this thread every couple of hours. Is there a link that even shows the game being dead?
>>
Call me when there's an MMO with
A huge open world
GW class design
Vindictus combat
LOTRO aesthetics
p2p with no other bullshit


I'd buy it in a heartbeat
>>
>>255276243
>huge open world
>vindictus combat

Open world games can't support a decent netcode/hitbox based gameplay
>>
>>255275938
I'm usually okay with kawaii desu ne, titty monsters and hentai uneven proportions, but for some reason Wildstar's artstyle ticks me off.
>>
>>255276328
Not yet, but Google fiber is slowly taking over
>>
File: 687[1].jpg (199 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
687[1].jpg
199 KB, 1024x768
>>255255886
That reminds me of this
>>
>>255276243
>LOTRO aesthetics
LotRO had shit aesthetics though. Everything is boring and empty as fuck.
>>
>>255276723
I meant the artstyle
It's the way a proper WRPG should look
>>
>>255266547
>Maiden of the Grail
>Agrias Oaks

Nice
>>
>>255249710
WAR only became a WoW clone after 2011.
>>
>>255276723
LOTRO was pretty pleasant to look at. The shire was really nice.
>>
>Get to level 50 in Wildstar
>Find out everything good is behind Elder Gems
>Can only get 150 Elder Gems per week
>Those items have random rune slots so you might even get shit after grinding the Elder Gems for one item
I quit right there, thank god for the fact that I never subscribed to it.
>>
>>255276243
And DAoC pvp.
>>
>>255261286
I want that.
>>
>>255278251
yea, the end game is kinda "meh" if you're not interested in doing raids. Sure there's housing, "completeing zones", crafting and PvP, but none of those are offering up anything special or new over existing mmos.

I really enjoy the action oriented combat, this game requires a bunch more movement, and rewards knowing what and when the telegraphs happen.

Shame I'm not NEET, otherwise I bet I'd have fun raiding in this game...
>>
so I played wildstar got to 50, still have a sub running for this month

played archeagebeta and have silver founder pack

should I try to get back into wildstar or resub ff14 or what?

I'm bored, decide for me
>>
>>255279690
How was archage? Should I try to get into that if I've gotten a little bored with Wildstar?
>>
>>255279993
complete opposite of archeage really

slow tab target combat, mature graphics, fetch quests, but nice open world

try and get a CBT2 key, sites usually give em away a couple days before, so be on the watchout
>>
>>255255842

It's a stain on what it's based on. NWN1 is a superior game all around.

>>255249710

LOTRO isn't even remotely close to being a WoW clone. If anything, WoW took elements from LOTRO in later expansions.
>>
>>255263013
>tfw everything good was stripped because they hired MMO designers instead of shooter designers
I blame tencent.
>>
>>255264330
>Being excited for korean MMO #873
Uwot?
>>
>>255273926
Basically. The starting zone was like how you wish MMO's could be. You leave and it is immediately a desolate wasteland with no content and not even many enemies.

Guess how far people got to play to before the game was released.
>>
>>255279690
How far did you get in FF14?
>>
>>255254607
So when is this going F2P again? Redhair qt 3.14 sold me.
>>
>Design characters for a Jak & Daxter MMO.
>Give it improved WOW (or something whatever) gameplay.
>Expect big things.

Seriously, no. Should have been a hack and slash parkour Jak IP MMO exclusive to PS4 released February 2015.

Sigh.

Is the developer in a modern country where they can make bad business decisions and not go a night with out eating?
>>
>>255255886
Allods?

Is that Rage of Mages anon? Holy shit..
>>
File: 1405883747078.jpg (85 KB, 500x736) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405883747078.jpg
85 KB, 500x736
>>255249145

>Wildstar

>Prejudiced against large breasts

Feminist whiners ruined another one kiddos. Nowhere is safe. I would have played it if I could have mega melons

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/01/17/wildstar-to-reduce-character-breast-size/

http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/1vmapw/latest_patch_bust_size_changes_before_and_after/

http://wildstar-central.com/threads/id-like-to-take-a-second-to-talk-about-boobs.3817/

http://www.wildstar.tv/news/wildstar-undergoes-female-breast-reduction/

No western game is safe
>>
>>255249145
Game lifespans are shorter than ever because we're more ADD than ever. Back in the 90's particular games used to be talked about for years.

Doesn't matter how big the title is now or what it did, after a couple months no one remembers it.
>>
So what's the best class to play in Wildstar right now that can get me through all the content and into raiding?
>>
>>255249145
help me OP, what game do I play now that wildstar isn't keeping my interest?!?!!
>>
Its kinda funny. They bitch about females having "big" tits, whille nobody bitches that males have a wayyyyy to broad chest and tinu waist/hips.
>>
>>255284294
>I would have played it if I could have mega melons
Don't lie, you wouldn't.

Anyway didn't they later introduce sliders so you could just choose for yourself? But I guess you stopped following the news by then.
>>
File: uMpFdXJ.jpg (93 KB, 302x752) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
uMpFdXJ.jpg
93 KB, 302x752
>>255249145
>>
>>255276723
I don't think that falls under aesthetics.
>>
>>255285005
yea, I'm at 141 Elder Stones at the moment... not sure I even wanna buy they key and work on attunement...

But idk what else to fill my time / mmo-fix with!
>>
It turned out that most people didn't like the hardcore gameplay. Once you get to lvl50 you are pretty much fucked if you are a casual. The PVP is also garbage.

Will probably go F2P later this year or early 2015
>>
>>255281613
lvl 30 white mage i think
>>
Why is it I only see people bitching about Wildstar on eurotime /v/?

Whenever I log on at night the servers are either medium pop or full.
>>
>>255255842
Neverwinter is a shitty GW2 clone and the game Cryptic shat out before it, Champions Online, is much better, and that's not actually saying much.
>>
>>255252649
What game is this? I want to guard the bridge too.
>>
>>255250408
>Ask 100,000 people
>Get 10 answers from each
>One of them answers "What the fuck is Wildstar" nine times, and "It looks like shit" once
>>
wwwwwwwww

Remember all those furfags who kept shitposting about how it was unironically going to be the next WoW-killer? Where are they now?
>>
>>255286708
prob jerking it to the game...
>>
>>255286708
playing the game i assume
>>
>>255285837
Try it until coil turn 5 and ex primals to see if it's the game for you.

FFXIV has kind of boring leveling, but it's fast.
>>
File: 1404771589615.png (385 KB, 360x550) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1404771589615.png
385 KB, 360x550
holy shit all of you are pessimistic to no fucking end.
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 745x420) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 745x420
>>255284294
The boobs are huge though
>>
>>255249145
Well, it is due to a number of reasons OP, let me try and explain in a clear and concise manner.

First and foremost, the game wasn't very exciting, certainly not as exciting as the devs hyped it up to be. Though this game is an MMO and MMO's aren't exactly very exciting to begin with, the point is that it isn't much mogare exciting or engaging as WoW which is a me people already play and pay for. Why would you switch to a brand new MMO that you have less experience with when you could be playing the one you have already invested the same amount of money in? This is why the game's population started dwindling after the first month and population decline is a slippery slope to more population decline. People aren't going to play a game that is dead and thus no new players come in.

Second, you have the burden of subscription fees. Okay, this is probably the biggest mistake in the game; regardless of the game's quality, people aren't going to want to pay for an MMO with less content that they have no experience with and realistically isn't any better than the one you are playing. A game like Guild Wars 2 is still alive and kicking (don't listen to /v/) even with all its flaws, and don't get me wrong it has alot of glaring flaws, but it doesn't punish players for wanting to play it. The buy to play system keeps people playing because they don't have to worry about their month running out. It is simple and easy to keep playing the game and no drawbacks to ignoring the cash shop.

Finally, the game was an unoptimized mess and mechanically didn't work very well with the content provided. Also it doesn't have cute loli's to keep people interested.
>>
>>255287967
considering how many people continue to throw around the 'required subscription fee' thing it seems that carbine hasnt advertised CREDD. their own version of plexx. been palying since launch. havent spent a single penny in sub fees. credd is also dirt cheap.
>>
>>255287638

>hey /v/ why did something what was dead on arrival die?
>why are you so pessimistic about a pile of shit being shit?
>why is something bad what is rotten in its core?
>why are you a retarded faggot?
>>
>>255288280
It doesn't matter though, most people aren't going to want to deal with that when they could just play WoW. That system is nice for some people but stressful for others who want to enjoy the game more casually. Those players wouldn't mind paying for WoW anyways.
>>
>>255288643
i played wildstar at a casual pace. took me a little over 2 weeks to hit max level. from that point i got credd within the next 4 days. its not hard at all. literally at all. just do the dailies for a few days and you get an extra month. fuck when you hit your weekly cap in elder gems you get extra money for doing anything. credd is by far the easiest thing to obtain. requires little work. just a little under an hour for a couple of days. so that point does matter.

to clarify. yeah. the game has a lot of legitimate problems that people rightfully are complaining about. but stop complaining about the sub fee. there is no fucking sub fee if you actually PLAY the game.
>>
>>255249145
>How the FUCK did this die already?
someone post the picture of what the redheaded mechanic chick looks like in the game.
>>
File: kit brinny in game.png (939 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
kit brinny in game.png
939 KB, 1024x576
>>255290463
>>
>>255291761
goofy as fuck
>>
>>255291761
i can't imagine what the tits must have been like before they shrunk them. look at those melons.
>>
>>255253398

Wait, wait, it's out?

Cause if it is, holy fuck that was one dead stillborn.
>>
>>255291761
Wait, that's not what /v/ told me before
>>
File: 1393365189510.jpg (65 KB, 493x387) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1393365189510.jpg
65 KB, 493x387
>>255293372
Saw it on steam for like 50% off or something the other day

Fuckin' nearly died laughing
>>
>>255293983
It was patched.
People like >>255284294 are still shitposting about a decision that was rolled back on before the game was even released.
>>
>>255294983
Well, the alternative would be to admit that they're wrong. Surely you can't expect that of them.
>>
>>255251565
>>255251792
What did they do to show the middle finger to the playerbase?
>>
>>255256790
I second this. I don't understand why most of the MMO's try to pander to cartoon-loving neckbeards, furries and pedos.
>>
File: 78070708870.gif (494 KB, 275x206) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
78070708870.gif
494 KB, 275x206
I wonder how much money has been wasted trying to steal WoWs audience
>>
>>255291761
Baloons
>>
>>255249874
I'm thinking about playing SW:TOR for a little bit until WoD comes out, should I do it /v/ ?
>>
>>255297072

its interesting, no lie.
>>
>>255267952
Could be the Maple Story of this generation, but I doubt it will have any bigger impact on the MMO market.
>>
File: duelart.jpg (115 KB, 1010x758) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
duelart.jpg
115 KB, 1010x758
>>255255440
>rather than dropping you in there with all the features available and going "Do what you want and have fun"

People are just too stupid to know what to do without them park railing guiding them along.

It's why UO got shit up with trammel and item based play. The sad fact is that there just isn't a big enough base of players that actually want GENUINE excitement in a game world, and most of the people who say they do don't actually know what it is.
>>
File: 5345262.png (58 KB, 646x654) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
5345262.png
58 KB, 646x654
>>255255372
>Played only in the beta,
>Xenophobes wont let me make an account or play anymore
>The game has Mechs now
>Will never come state side
I don't know if I'm sad or angry.
>>
I started the game with 2 friends. Somehow I had another starting area (after that shitty tutorial on the ship) and I couldn't find a way to join them.
>>
>>255255723
Anon do you know of Playspark?
>>
>>255250003

>The only reason it died was because non-existent content once you reached Level 20.

There, fixed it for you.
>>
>>255276213
You could, you know, check their own forums where people are crying for server merges already
>>
>>255249874
Tortanic is actually quite enjoyable
>>
Oh god, Wildrones are the new Arenadrones.
>>
>>255297072
Bro... I don't know how to tell you this, but WoD isn't coming out... That shit got canned. It was a sad day.
>>
File: 5025.gif (715 KB, 250x196) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
5025.gif
715 KB, 250x196
>>255300463
>>
>>255300463
from what I've ready, played as a single player game, from level 1 to max level, it's pretty decent.

As an mmo, just horrible however.
>>
It catered to to vanilla wowfags. To bad vanilla was actually shit and a total clusterfuck.
>>
Why do people say that the combat is retarded? If anything the combat and movement in that game are pretty well done. The most fun I had in year playing an MMO. Unfortunately everything else is shit.
>>
>>255300868
not only shit canned, but with how poorly CCP's FPS performed, it's likely EVE Online itself is going to die a shitty death.

That poor company way over stretched with getting into the FPS arena...

They should have stuck with EVEOnline, create a couple of fun / smaller tablet / phone games, and used that money for the WoD stuff.

Instead we got a shit console game, and very poor future outlook for the core game (EVE) and that company (CCP>)
>>
File: 1387907663851.jpg (19 KB, 156x350) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1387907663851.jpg
19 KB, 156x350
>>255300868
That's a nice source you posted.
>>
>>255300917
I play it mainly for the conversations and the star wars wibe
Combat is shit
Sidequests are very samey
>>
>>255289196
Yeah and let's see how long that lasts when they find out they're not making any money.
>>
>>255301136
Oh Anon, denial is a sad thing.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/04/14/final-death-world-of-darkness-mmo-cancelled/

This is seriously old news at this point, I'm surprised you haven't heard.
>>
>>255301136
He's right.
http://www.ccpgames.com/en/public-relations/press-releases/article/77171/ccp-games-halts-development-of-world-of-darkness-mmo/
>>
>>255301135
It really is just a depressing outcome. Here's hoping they can some how recover.
>>
>>255301250
>>255301398
You mother fuckers you know I was talking about Warlords of Draenor right?
>>
>>255301398
shit, that article is from april 14th too... company has takes a giant shit since then...

>>255301456
hahaha, nope I didnt...
>>
>>255301456
Literally what?

Still, quite the amusing mistake.
>>
>>255301456
>2014
>playing WoW
>>
>>255301698
It's fun to raid with friends m8
>>
>>255301698
before Wildstar came out, I re-subbed for a month, and tried to get back into it.

I couldn't... even with my OCD pet collection urges from old WoW, and desire to level a goblin, it was "same old, same old" and boring as sin.

Not to mention the only people left on the server were the shit birds and baddies...
>>
>>255301783
Watching paint dry is also fun with friends.
>>
>>255302060
If that's true than wildstar is really shit because we hated it after a couple hours.
>>
>>255273926
Man, the first island was really good i would say it's easily the best starting zone in any mmo. Too bad the rest of game just became the same stale and dead world like every other mmo
>>
Mmo's are dead man...
>>
File: deff.jpg (51 KB, 500x490) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
deff.jpg
51 KB, 500x490
>>255249145
Because that's the way every wow clone goes
Why do people keep falling for this shit ?
>>
>>255249710
>why are you surprised?
I'm surprised at how retarded you are.
>>
>>255249145
>MMO
>Pay per month

Why would anyone ever bother?
>>
>Raving Rabbids: Hamsterfurry edition
And then I knew that the game would be dead less than 3 months later.
>>
>>255303282
Because you can farm enough CRED for a sub in less than 24 hours.
>>
File: 1405488646986.jpg (35 KB, 500x503) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405488646986.jpg
35 KB, 500x503
>>255257771
>Tree of Savior
My two roommates and I are on overdrive hype for this game.

It will dissapoint us, but we don't even care anymore.

Ro2 was so fucking bad. I want to feel it again /v/
>>
>>255303445
Still doesn't explain why you'd want to play an MMO
>>
>>255302292
I liked it until you went into that underground cave system with a loading screen every five yards and the maps don't make any sense. It was fun going to that sandy beach place for PVP too.

There was so much hype about it, WoW was in full power and everyone was looking for a killer. Then Conan came along with its active combat system (that basically meant simon says), tits, gore, PVP etc. The graphics were awesome for the time, it made WoW look like EQ, mist effects, water, vegetation, proper shadows, god rays, voice acting up the wazoo.

And then everyone realised there was nothing there and it died.
>>
>>255303562
Hell, I fired it up because the combat looks cool. And it is. The movement is pretty precise as well. Its a shame that the rest is complete ass.
>>
>>255303651
>tfw playing AoC at launch
;_;
>>
>>255303821
But you could get good combat in an actual game instead.
>>
>>255250336
>once all the normalfag shittards got to max level, they found out that the game wasn't made for them

The developers made it clear from the get go this game wasn't going to be for shitters.
>>