[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever payed a subscription for a MMORPG? If not, why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: mmorpg.jpg (65KB, 550x482px) Image search: [Google]
mmorpg.jpg
65KB, 550x482px
Have you ever payed a subscription for a MMORPG?

If not, why? What do you think about paying 11-15$ every month to play?
>>
>>255049102
Star wars Galaxies before the NGE.

Fuck Lucas and his greed, it was the WoW killer until he made WoW:Star wars edition.
>>
>people who use cluttered overly complicated UIs
Tryhard as fuck. No one is watching you
>>
>>255049102
It's not about the money. I think of MMOs what I think of forums, you can only do good if you invest a lot of time or some money. I don't find that fun and never will. I have never played one.
>>
FFXIV every month since september. There were some months were I didn't play more than 20h, but worthed because all the friends I made there
>>
>>255049242
>Donates all the money Disney give him to charity
>Greedy
George is a hack and an idiot but he's not greedy.
>>
File: 32.jpg (37KB, 560x418px) Image search: [Google]
32.jpg
37KB, 560x418px
>>255049102
Been playing WoW since the closed US beta.

I made hundreds if not thousands of euro by selling Gold on ebay.
>>
>>255049703
>That image
Delete this.
>>
>>255049703
Too bad you are a pleb and didn't make multiple thousands(enough to put a big down payment on a car) by selling wow accounts throughout the years
>>
File: 68.jpg (64KB, 560x747px) Image search: [Google]
68.jpg
64KB, 560x747px
>>255049836
Why?
>>
>>255049603
Dont you know anon? Before Disney took the SW rights everything SW related he had made had a clause in the contract which allowed him to change anything about the product whenever he wanted, he used that clause to get SWG shut down and the rights taken away from Sony to give to EA to make the old republic.

Fuck him.
>>
File: 1401620999006.gif (435KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1401620999006.gif
435KB, 500x375px
Played WoW between the age of 14 and 17 or something. I enjoyed it till I quit during WotLK because I wasn't feeling it anymore.

It also drives you crazy when you're not playing after having paid money for a month of game time. It almost feels like an obligation after the addiction wears off and you just want to play it casually.
>>
>>255049947
Oh, I did that by selling Diablo 3 gold on ebay and items on the RMAH.
>>
>>255049954
Sasha never did anything like this. It's a made up video designed to ruin her good name.
>>
>>255049836
hello?
>>
File: king of the hills in my pants.jpg (8KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
king of the hills in my pants.jpg
8KB, 210x240px
>>255049703

>been playing wow for a decade
>made a couple hundred bucks

kekimus prime
>>
File: 1378853875812.gif (3MB, 320x240px)
1378853875812.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>255050208
>what is reading comprehension
>>
>>255049102
Everquest, Everquest 2, EQOA, FFXI, SWG, and WoW.

I tried FFXIV out but it's shit.
>>
File: wowundercity.jpg (69KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
wowundercity.jpg
69KB, 800x600px
I would gladly pay 15 bucks a month for WoW if STUFF ACTUALLY WAS UPDATED IN IT

I mean, holy dicktits, WoW hasn't had a content update since SEPTEMBER 2013

FUCKING SEPTEMBER 2013

WHAT THE NIGGERFUCK IS THIS SHIT?

yeah, I know that blizz is working on WoD but the expansion is 5 months away, what are they expecting players to do for 5 fucking months, keep running SOO for the millionth time?
>>
>>255051534
What are you complaining about? Why do you think so many people unsubscribed at the end of TBC? BT basically was the content for an entire year until they finally decided to give us Sunwell. This isnt the first time Blizzard pulled shit like that.
>>
>>255049703
Yeah, and then spent 2x that much on subs and expansions.
>>
>>255049947
I've received an offer of $5000 for my account. I'm still waiting for someone to go higher.

Guildie sold his few years back for $9000. Several world firsts on the account really helps.
>>
>>255051769
>This isnt the first time Blizzard pulled shit like that.
Yeah, they did it again during Cata. Do you really think that's acceptable though?

Blizzdrone please go
>>
>>255051897
>Several world firsts on the account
I havent played WoW since TBC and even I know that theres literally nothing on your account that indicates that you got world first, or even region first kills.

Server first, yeah. But those never were worth shit because you could get them on any server.
>>
>>255052114
I havent played the game since TBC but of course its acceptable. They run a business, and now that they found other ways to make money without having to worry about WoW that much they have no reason to constantly push content. No one forces you to stay subscribed, hell they even want you to play other games instead to generate them more money. WoW shouldnt even be alive anymore at this point, its a fucking miracle that it still is.
>>
>>255052242
World firsts are shown by date.
>>
>>255052443
Also server firsts bump the price of the character up more than world firsts, because there are achievements for those.
>>
>>255052434
>implying I'm subbed
>>
I have for:
City of heroes
World of warcraft
Auto assaultI have for:
City of heroes
World of warcraft
Auto assault

Wow is just a ghost town now full of mindless grind zombies, and the other two are dead.

Of the 3 the only one I would ever pay for again would be auto assault or late vanilla wow.
>>
>>255052585
Then why are you complaining about them trying to make the most profit possible?

Hell, Titan should have been out by now. Instead we dont even have an Alpha yet. If theres any developer who will not release another WoW clone its Blizzard, probably because they would look like the biggest retards if they did. So right now, that shitty company is the only hope for a decent MMO in the near future. As sad as it might sound. So let them cash in some more and pray.
>>
>>255053043
Titan was officially canned.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.