[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone think /v/ needs to be divided into /console/ and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 34

File: 1404233921295.png (196KB, 342x359px) Image search: [Google]
1404233921295.png
196KB, 342x359px
Does anyone think /v/ needs to be divided into /console/ and /pc/? We can't discuss video games for the life of us without shitposters from either side and now it's just getting ridiculous.
>>
>>254977362
Sure.

only problem is, the marketeers want PC users (with abundant money reserves) to purchase consoles. Splitting up the board into two boards would just cause endless shitposting in the /pc/ board until it gets reversed

It's called social engineering.
>>
>>254977545
You think marketers actually come here?
>>
>>254977362
What about multiplats?
>>
>>254977362
I think 4chan just needs a /celebrity/ board for all the game grumps, RLM, Doug, waifu, etc threads.
>>
>>254977786
Yes, yes we do.
>>
>>254977545
But /pc/ would be the same as /v/ without shitposting since literally all console games worth playing can be played on PC through emulation
>>
How about console shitters just fuck off to reddit?
>>
>>254977786

Of course they do. They think 4chan is some trend setter or something.
>>
>>254977786
Actively guised as shitposters,yes.

It's not an uncommon sight.

It's part of what social engineering is, you spout slogans (shitpost) until others repeat with you the same slogans, and then leave.

Marketeers get paid to shitpost, gets paid to convert people to shill and drone for them, and the people who get "converted" do it for FREE.

They don't necissarily get converted here, but other places like NEOGAF, and shitpost here in hopes of getting more support.
>>
>>254977786
Everyone who owns a console is a marketer.
>>
>>254977362
Why is that dinosaur smoking a cigarette?
Is lung cancer what killed the dinosaurs?
>>
>>254977362
So /pc/ will discussing about MOBAs, GOat Simulator and Gony Homo? Seems cool.
>>
Maybe they should just split the board into one for normal video games and one for console war bullshit, kind of like how Something Awful did with Games by creating Your Console Sucks. So basically /s4s/ but for video games.
>>
>>254977545
>>254978027

Fuck off to >>>/pol/ or >>>/x/ or whatever the fuck board/website you came from
>>
Console board will still have shitposting though
>>
>>254978136
see, this is exactly why this place sucks
>>
File: 1397708981591.jpg (147KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1397708981591.jpg
147KB, 1200x900px
is fucking 4 videogames not enough for you faggots? everytime these boards were made save for /vr/ which was a gift from moot everyone thought well with these guys gone /v/ will be so much better :))))

well guess what fuck head

nothing got better

nothing will ever get better

we are the cancer
>>
>>254978136
multiplats too, just no mentions of consoles, or the whole stupid console war

>>254978198
No need to get angry mr. marketeer.

It's a shame /v/ is so full of mindless drones.
>>
>>254978305
>we are the cancer
No, it's just you people. Nothing will improve until people see what makes the board awful. It's console players.
>>
File: 1404255257961.gif (4MB, 283x176px) Image search: [Google]
1404255257961.gif
4MB, 283x176px
>>254977885
Then you can post it on both boards.

>>254977971
Dear god no.

>>254977973
Exactly.

>>254977984
>Why my suggestion should be done, example A.

>>254978027
That's just sad really.

>>254978040
Shitposter.

>>254978134
They were gonna die anyway, might as well have a smoke.
>>
>>254977362
/v/ is the home of underaged and autistic shitposters who are lolepic trolls and just like to shit up boards. they are the agents of chaos, sent to get their jollies off just like lel joker

i'd say it's better just to leave
>>
Shitposters don't care for consoles or PC. It's just an easy way to get people mad.
>>
>>254977786

/v/ gets the most traffic of any board on 4chan, and is one of the biggest places online for vidya discussion. Of course stealth marketing happens here, it's common operating procedure for entertainment mediums to drum up word of mouth artificially. Give it a month or two and I'm sure someone from DA:I will come on here and talk about how bad they feel for making so many hype threads in anticipation for the game. It's happened with GTA5, Watch Dogs, TOR, Mass Effect 3... This isn't to say /v/ is a unique place in dealing with stealth marketing, that shit happens all over the net (far more successfully I might add), but to act as if we're immune to it is silly.
>>
>/vp/
>/vg/
>/vr/
>Now wants /pc/ and /console

Fuck no. You don't see other boards spawning off cancerous tumors as consistently as /v/. Why? Because /v/ is the shittiest board here. You fuckers sperg out at the littlest thing, feel the need to defend your favorite corporations and have no opinions of your own while calling everyone else drones. It's time you fuckers grew up a little. If anything, all the video game boards need to be merged back into /v/.

There is abosluyely no reason at all that 4, let alone 6 fucking vidya boards need to exist. You big fucking babies.
>>
>>254977786
I know for a fact that the people who made The Forest marketed here.
>>
File: feelhoodie.jpg (138KB, 579x570px) Image search: [Google]
feelhoodie.jpg
138KB, 579x570px
>>254978760
There really is no way to stop the cancer is there ?
>>
>>254978667
Some shitposters are paid marketeers, and the others who bandwagon are mindless drones that just spout slogans not realizing they are doing bad things against something that might affect their future interests.
>>
File: 1361159060859.jpg (281KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1361159060859.jpg
281KB, 1920x1080px
>>254977362
>>
>>254978945
>There is abosluyely no reason at all
Kek
>>
I would definitely enjoy a PC and Console separation. But, I'm o k with the way things are. It would definitely cut down on the shitposting.
>>
File: 1404241086150.jpg (37KB, 400x675px) Image search: [Google]
1404241086150.jpg
37KB, 400x675px
>>254979178
That's all I want.
>>
>>254978945
>implying
/v/ is the second biggest board, and you have thousands of people trying to discuss different things at any given time, unless you want the thing to end up as /LoLKSDota2/ then /vg/ was needed.

/vp/ is needed because of how huge pokemon is, it was dogging up /a/ and /v/

/vr/ makes no sense whatsoever
>>
>>254979178
There would still be marketing/shitposting from the LGBT faggots and EA, jewbisoft and the rest of the bunch in a /pc/ board
>>
File: OGRE.jpg (13KB, 206x200px) Image search: [Google]
OGRE.jpg
13KB, 206x200px
>>254978975

Hide and report brother, hide and report...
>>
File: 1406243282906.jpg (175KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1406243282906.jpg
175KB, 1024x576px
Naw.

By separating the board you would only solidify the /console/ board into a sonygger-nintenyearold endless civil war.
It would be even worse than it is noe, because at least now there is often the common gtouping of console players as just that: consoleplayers.
>>
>>254978760
Why do you assume those people are being truthful that they are hyping up GTA5, Watchdogs, TOR? The only proof I've seen so far was the Andromeda guy, but it mostly seems like a falseflag.
>>
>>254977362
No PCfags in console games threads? Yes, please.
>>
Why the fuck would you separate them? This board is literally a containment board.
>>
>>254978975
There is one: shutting down /v/
>>
>>254979573
Sony is losing badly, and marketeers specifically to get the nintendo audience. Which isn't really working that well.

Nintendo allready won.
>>
>>254979887
The shit storm that would follow would be glorious.
>>
>>254978760
factually incorrect.

/v/ isn't the largest board by a wide margin.

/b/ gets something like 12x the posts /v/ does every hour
>>
hurr durr

if you cant handle a bit of shitposting get off 4chan. There's no way you're going to eliminate shitposting especially if your best attempt is splitting consoles from pcs.

Afterall, sony, intendo, and xbox fags willl just shitpost in each others threads and about exclusives.
>>
What we need is some rules to ban and delete everything that is no exclusively vydia and floods

>people who make videos on youtube
not vydia, delete

>SJW bullshit and purely internet drama
delete

>multiple threads about about the same game
flood, delete, go to vg faggots

>multiple threads about E3 or any event
delete

>multiple daily threads about some store sale
delete

Etc.
>>
>>254977362
yes, but the boards should be named /v/ and /silkysmoth30fps/
>>
Why not just /v/ and /jv/?

Japanese /v/ would be 99.9% console discussion anyways, so Mustards can completely crush any forms of console discussion on regular /v/. The best Western games are on PC's anyways. This gives a haven for all those HURR DUUR WEAABOOOO retards, a haven for those "weeaboos", and the best discussion of both unsullied by shitposters from either side.

If you come to /jv/ to discuss Minecraft, you'll be expected to take it back to /v/. If you come to /v/ to discuss Neptunia, you'll be expected to take it back to /jv/. And if you continue on either, you'll be banned on the spot. There would be initial shiptosting on both sides for a while before proper video game discussion can fill the void back in.
>>
You know what will make /v/ better? Splitting up the board even more. We need /vcd/ so that all this /v/ culture can be discussed outside of /v/. We also need /nin/, /micr/, /sony/ so that all those console threads can be posted outside of /v/.
>>
>>254979931
>sony is losing badly
If we are going to be honest about how /v/ is a battleground then lets not try to jew with the history of this war.

Yes, Nintenyearolds have the largest presence here but Sonyggers arn't giving up any ground.

There are far more nintendo threads here than sony threads but 9/10 of those nintendo threads are hype threads about games that are only on nintendo consoles.

Most sony threads are much more offensive in nature, be them anti-xbone threads or anti-wii u threads.
>>
Nothing like this will work. Either you get used to /v/ or you leave.
>>
>>254980345
This.

/v/ should be for discussing VIDEO GAMES, not console wars, PC specs, or Frames per second.
>>
>>254980018
>people who make videos on youtube
>not vydia, delete
Vidya culture so it's okay (even if they're shit). Read the rules.
>SJW bullshit and purely internet drama
>delete
Agreed.
>multiple threads about about the same game
>flood, delete, go to vg faggots
>Wah, talking about video games. Use the search faggots
This isn't an archived forum.
>multiple threads about E3 or any event
>delete
If you're going to delete those, you need to actually have good stickies that get replaced in a timely manner. A 3000 post sticky shows how shit the mods are.
>multiple daily threads about some store sale
>delete
Wah, people want to buy video games.
>>
>>254979586

Because it explains the systemic posting of the same three thread openers with the same picture, over the months leading up to release for each of the titles I've mentioned. You can see it with Dragon Age: Inquisition right now. Hell, the thread's probably up already. "Guys, I know it's Bioware and all but I'm hype as fuck", "Who's ready? Get hype.". Do you honestly think that there's just one Dragon Age fan after the shitshow that 2 was, who's SO dedicated to the franchise they'll make daily threads that all start in the same, simple way? No, it's an attention grabber to get /v/ to talk about the game, and make it seem to all the casual lurkers who don't bother opening the thread that /v/ can't stop talking about it, so there's got to be something to it. I'm sure there have been people who come out of the woodwork and act as if they were marketers to rile the place up, but I would be willing to bet there's far more actual cases of marketing than there have been false flagging attempts.
>>
>>254980285
or /neverEver/ and /silkysmooth/
>>
Yes, we badly need a /pc/ board to be rid off the constant console war shitposts in every fucking thread. This hasn't happened yet because moot is useless and hasn't even implemented a fucking history board yet despite there being shit like /mlp/ and /po/ up.
>>
I agree with >>254980345 to an extent.

Making boards for each platform is dumb but console war discussion doesn't work well.
Actually, to be honest, no such argument/heated discussion works well with 4chans layout.

Either give /v/ the ability to see who the same posters are ala /b/ or ban consolewar threads entirely.
>>
>>254977362

It won't do anything. Shitposting is easy, it's the path of least resistance. Why bother constructing a thoughtful post when I can simply spout things like

>tripfag
>summer is here
>buttery smooth 20 fps
>sour grapes

You can split it all you want. A smaller community may help reduce the volume of shitposting but I don't think increase the quality of posting.
>>
>>254980445

>but 9/10 of those nintendo threads are hype threads about games that are only on nintendo consoles

>Most sony threads are much more offensive in nature, be them anti-xbone threads or anti-wii u threads

I think that says it all about the two fanbases. One can't stop talking about the games they intend to play, the other can't stop talking about how everyone else is enjoying the wrong games or missing out on two titles you could pick up for 20 bucks together out of the bargain bin

Sony ponies are truly the biggest shit flingers among us
>>
>>254980963
See >>254980335

>Japanese /v/ has all console discussion
>Regular /v/ pretty much smashes it out because the only non-Japanese console games are complete shit
>Ninten/Sony war lasts briefly without Microshills stirring up shit non-stop
>MIcroclap eradicated from regular /v/ by Mustards
>/v/ is now a paradise
>>
Fuck this /v/ dissection shit, where is /his/? I want to be able to talk about history without a bunch of /pol/ white nationalists shitting up the discussion with the third reich.
>>
>>254981141
This really is true. I feel sorry for anyone who actually wants to discuss Bloodbourne, every thread will start with shitflinging and the rest of the thread will follow suit.
>>
>>254981317
Your own fault for starting 'PCFAGS WILL NEVER EVER GET GOTY PS4 DEMON SOULS GAME'
>>
>>254981250
/pol/ retards would shit up a history board worse than actual /pol/.

>White nationality thread, white nationality thread
>DID YOU KNOW THAT KEBAB WERE ACTUALLY LIZARDS?
>As you can see by this document from 1933, Hitler indeed did nothing wrong
>Were the Nazis actually as destructive as the media portrayed them?
>Help! I have History homework in three days and I don't know who won the Vietnam War!
>THE JEWS ARE BEHIND EVERYTHING, WE ARE ACCUMULATING DOCUMENTED EVIDENCE THAT BEHIND EVERY CRISIS IN THE WORLD, THERE IS A JEW

/his/ would be /pol/2.0 in a matter of fucking minute.
>>
>>254977362
>and now it's just getting ridiculous

because it definitely hasn't been so for the last several years, right?

Nice thing about /pc/ is there could still be console game talk in emulation threads.
>>
>>254980593
>>254980963
Are you faggots autistic? I was being sarcastic. The /v/ culture discussion should have tipped you off.
>>
>>254981480
There are some people that actually want to discuss it though, but the shitposters heavily outweigh them. I don't care about the game since I'll never get a PS4, but going in to two of the threads, it's fucking toxic.
>>
>>254981317

I'm sure it'll be a fine game for what it's trying to be, but fuck if the discussion isn't forever tainted on here by silkysmooth and neverever. The worst has got to be the sour grapes notion that only seems to apply to PS4 games, as if people think they seem shitty out of jealousy. It's so forced, and makes me resent the game they're pushing even more.
>>
>>254981556
Just ban half of them with 'keep /pol/ in /pol/' rule.
>>
HEY GUYS
I HAVE A SOLUTION
QUIT REPLYING TO FUCKING BAIT
HOLY SHIT IF SOMEONE MAKES YOU MAD TAKE A FUCKING SECOND TO THINK HOW FUCKING UNIMPORTANT YOUR OPINION IS AND IGNORE IT
>>
>>254979961

You've got me on that, /b/ beats out every other board on the site by leagues. That being said, /v/ is AT LEAST top 5, if not in the number two slot.
>>
>>254981748
Because that works so well. Every other post I see is
>le gud goy meme
Disgusting. /pol/ needs to be purged.
>>
One of those things where some of you need to get over it. PC will always win, swinging around 'exclusives' and then getting butthurt that they end up on the better machine just shits up the board. Discuss handhelds all you want but when it comes to a home platform there's no argument. PS4 and One are shit and the Wii U isn't worth mentioning in any discussion. It's a Game of Frames.
>>
File: 1405077467312.jpg (2MB, 3388x1788px) Image search: [Google]
1405077467312.jpg
2MB, 3388x1788px
>>254978760
It happens
>>
>>254981842
STOP YELLING AT ME FAGGOT
>>
>consolefags are at war with PCfags
Ok just split up the boards
>On the newly formed /console/ forum, microfags are at war with sony fags
>On the newly formed /micr/ forum, Halo 2 fags are at war with ODSTfags
>tfw Halo 2, the game that killed competetive FPS, now has its own board

Putting that last part asode, my point is that on any anonymous image board, kneckbeard virgins will always shitpost and argue over vidya. This has always been a terrible place to discuss vidya, either deal with that or go somewhere else.
>>
And then... what?

Do we really have to split a board into different safe zones everytime there's division?

No, fuck that, we gotta be capable of learning love and diplomacy one way or the other.
>>
File: 1404541990821.png (33KB, 525x326px) Image search: [Google]
1404541990821.png
33KB, 525x326px
>>254981991
>>
The only thing the board (or site, really) needs is a way to make bans effective. People get banned here daily but none of that matters when they can simply reset their router and keep shitting up the board.
>>
The pointless platform war shitflinging should just be deleted and bannable on sight with a three day minimum, no exceptions. It would improve the board far more than another board ever would, which would just split the userbase further and attract even more shitposters to go and make a turd on the playground of the other "camp". Emphasis on pointless, actual civilized discussion over the merits of different platforms is fine, but does it actually ever happen here instead of the usual le epic shitposting?
>>
>>254981945
>mustard race shitposting
You're part of the problem. Don't fucking respond to never ever and golden face shit and talk about actual games on PC.
>>
>>254980630
>If you're going to delete those, you need to actually have good stickies that get replaced in a timely manner. A 3000 post sticky shows how shit the mods are.
it might be interesting if we got a new kind of self-destructive sticky

the OP post stays, but only the lastest 300 replies remain. everything between the OP and those latest posts are auto-deleted
>>
>thinking splitting up boards will fix the problem with this place
It's not the constant off-topic, it's not the shitposting, it's not the flamewars. This board could be 90% of those and the other 10% could be good threads that you can go in to while avoiding the bad ones. The reason this board is shit is:
>spend a decent portion of time to think about, articulate, and write out a good post about a video game
>at most get one reply that doesn't continue the discussion, typically either someone saying "this" or spouting some insult
In contrast to
>make a shitpost, a provocative post with no sustenance, or something along that line
>get 5 replies minimum, if it's entertaining enough it might even get screen capped and reposted in "best of /v/" threads
Why would someone make a good post when it's almost always ignored, when said post will die in a few hours at most because of how fast this board is, when a retard may come around and baselessly insult them, when a shitpost below their post will garner tons of replies. It's the fault of the whole community for breading an environment where bad posts are given attention and good ones are ignored. If you fucks would just ignore bad posts (and I mean actually ignore them, not just replying with "ur stuped" or some inane thing just so you can have the last word) they'd be much, much less frequent.
>>
/v/ will always be a hostile shithole where you can not properly discuss video games without a torrent of shitposters, and splitting up the board won't help that. Nintendo and Sony fanboys will always shitpost on eachother. PC and console fanboys will always shitpost on eachother. And I wouldn't have it any other way.
>>
>>254982434
This
>>
File: 1399217354659.jpg (37KB, 569x428px) Image search: [Google]
1399217354659.jpg
37KB, 569x428px
>>254982078
Most, if all, shitposting in /v/ is about pc vs consoles. It's full of "never EVER" memes and "60fps isn't a necessity" and "there' no difference between 1080p and 900p" etc etc

By splitting /v/ into /pc/ and /console/ everyone would be happy: /console/ would discuss their precious miyazaki citizen kain of video games and how Destiny runs at 1080p on the Xbone and /pc/ would discuss CRPGs, Star Citizen, UT and whatever else. Shitposting would become minimal
>>
>>254982434
this, everyon's part of the problem. I'm a victim of this myself, I start a thread where I want to discuss said video game while making a thought-out post, I get no replies.

I then refresh the page and see "NEVER EVER" get 300 replies.
>>
There's no point in making a pc board because it will be dead 24/7. There are no games on pc to discuss besides Minecraft and WoW.
>>
I would rather you all just report correctly so the trolls don't have a field day. Also don't reply to them.
>>
The real problem is PC shitposters constantly going on about their 'fps'. The human eye can't notice a difference in anything beyond 24fps, but they keep going on and on about 'silky smooth' and 'mustard race'. The only way to make /v/ better is to get rid of PC shitposters.
>>
>>254982785
1 minute after I posted >>254982714

Bravo
>>
>>254982909
I swear if anyone replies seriously to this..
>>
>>254980536
This is what they said about /vg/ aswell. It's an excellent contaimnent board. Though now the console wars aren't attached to one single game so /vg/ isn't of help here. We need to divide shit up.
>>
>>254982785
>>254982909
Oh boy, here we go again.
>>
>>254982909

Waiter, this pasta is stale!
>>
>>254982714
But what would /v/ become if there was no shitposting?
>>
>>254980630
I am talking about flood, there is no problem with a few threads about the same subject, but there is no need of 8 threads exactly equal on the first page pushing other vydia discussions away.

Some guy see that there is already 4 threads on first page about what he wanna talk, and what he does? He goes and create another one exactly equal, why is this acceptable?
>>
>>254982714
Oh come on, that shit should just be banned on sight in the first place instead of legitimizing it. Also you'd attract fucking legions of shitters looking to get le epic reactions from the other board
>>
File: maxresdefault_jpg.jpg (83KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault_jpg.jpg
83KB, 1920x1080px
I propose we use Robotnik to break up and flood pc/console war threads?

We just need more people to get behind it.
>>
>>254983357
À place to talk about video games?
>>
>>254983357
I would be perfectly fine if /v/ was only Deep Sea threads and shit like that. They have zero shitposting.
>>
>>254977973
90% of shitposting is PCtards bashing consoles on here anymore, if we split the boards they'd probably just raid /v/ on a regular basis and nothing would change.
>>
>>254983435
that's too oppresive of a policy.

Floods aren't really a huge problem anyway. There is nothing stopping you from creating your own thread.
>>
It doesn't need to be divided, but it would be nice to have those extra boards that reduce the amount of shitposting.
>>
>>254983517
It's just so hilarious to me when /v/ has proven time and time again that it's the best place on the internet to discuss the deep sea and porn and other stuff that's essentially not video games.
>>
>>254983538
90 %? Come the fuck on, it's like you've never heard of the le golden face meme.

BOTH, PC fags and consolefags are part of the problem, don't act like you are so innocent.
>>
>tfw used to browse /v/ when mods allowed slight off-topic discussion
>those were always the best threads
>now everything not console wars bait is locked and banned
>Even 4 AM threads getting deleted
These mods ruined /v/ just as much as the console wars shills did by killing the positive aspects of /v/ and reinforcing the whole "ONLY GAMES ON MY STRICTLY GAME BOARD BECAUSE IF I SEE ONE THREAD THAT DOESN'T HAS GAMES IN IT, MY AUTISM WILL EXPLODE" model.
>>
>>254983487
But you already have countless other forums that are completely civil. Why enforce it on /v/?
>>
>>254983445
OH BOY THROBBIE
OH BOY
OH BOY
OH BOY THROBBIE
OH BOY
OH BOY
YOUR AUDIENCE IS GUNNA LOVE THIS
GUNNA LOVE THIS
GUNNA LOVE THIS
YOUR AUDIENCE IS GUNNA LOVE THIS
GUNNA LOVE THIS
GUNNA LOVE THIS
IT'S MY GREATEST INVENTION EVER
OK THROBBIE
OK THROBBIE
IT'S MY GREATEST INVENTION EVER
OK TBROBBIE, OPEN UP
>>
>>254983674
Too true. One of the reasons why I don't mind all the shitpostin. When you stumble on gold thread on /v/ it sure is a fucking 24 karat one
>>
/v/ needs to be divided into /weab/ faggots and normal, socially adjusted human beings

>no more waifu threads
>no more persona threads
>no more smash threads

it would be paradise
>>
>>254984118
>>
File: sad lain.jpg (22KB, 251x231px) Image search: [Google]
sad lain.jpg
22KB, 251x231px
>>254983850
>4AM threads being deleted
>deep sea threads being deleted
>space threads being deleted
What happened? Those are the most fun I've ever had on here.
>>
>>254984187
>let's not talk about the video games *I* don't like!

yeah, fuck off nerd
>>
>>254983538

You are objectively wrong. I don't think anyone on /v/ goes without shitposting a little, save for maybe 15 percent of the posters on here. That being said, you'd have to be blind not to see where half the shit flinging through the air comes flying from.

_______Sony
>>
File: Attachments_.jpg (56KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
Attachments_.jpg
56KB, 768x576px
>>254983445
i can get behind this
>>
>>254977362
It would only increase the amount of flaming, trolling and baiting.

Only idort are intellectual enough to ignore such trivial attemps.
>>
>>254984363
Mods being shit and bringing the forum mentality to 4chan. Fuck, /v/ six years ago was some good shit. The atmosphere was way less tense than it is now.
>>
>>254984363
Deep sea threads were the best ;~;7
>>
File: 1358007913786.png (1MB, 3524x2437px) Image search: [Google]
1358007913786.png
1MB, 3524x2437px
>>254977786
>/v/
>Second largest and fastest image board on 4chan (a site with 22 million unique visits a month)
>Mostly populated by young, impressionable consumers interested in the latest news and products in the market
>Source of much of the original content and (dis)information that trickle down to other influential sites via memes or discussion
>Complete anonymity, no account creation, no IP identification, minute buffer between posts
>A culture where shitposting and samefagging are not only tolerated, but also encouraged
>Blind hype and aggressive, almost fanatical attitude towards any form of criticism are the norm

This is a stealth marketer's ideal scenario. If I was one this is where I'd go; you can start half a dozen thread in an hour, populate them by complete pasta (not only for op but for any other post in the thread, too), create a fake discussion with either a unanimous positive opinion on a game or fake immature and irrational opinion against it (to be countered by others), and wait for it to take off on its own. If anyone questions you or starts criticizing something in a valid form, you can easily derail the thread and get it shut down. Repeat 24/7 with a team of 10 guys paid peanuts for a couple months pre- and post-release, and you get to more of your target audience than any amount of blatant advertising ever could.

The solution? a 24-hour, cross-threads ID per-IP. Except moot won't do that, seeing how I suggested it on /q/ several times over the years, with as much evidence as I could, and got nothing. So it ain't happening.
>>
File: 1404938928783.gif (720KB, 360x420px) Image search: [Google]
1404938928783.gif
720KB, 360x420px
It should have been split long ago, PC doesn't interest me at all and it's difficult to find discussion that isn't related to it.
>>
>>254984404
waifu threads have no place on this board but are allowed because hurrdurr this topless slut was in a video game once

the 2,000 smash threads posted every minute need a containment general

persona can stay
>>
>>254984187
B-But anon. Those are videogames
>>
>>254983962
Because shitposting isn't funny nor clever.

It's the same rehashed threads and posts repeated ad infinitum, with the same autistic and buttmad posters replying to them, then the threads get pruned, then you move on to new threads, then eventually you've wasted an entire fucking day just shitposting on /v/ without having moved the discussion towards anything constructive in even the slightest.

I seriously gotta wonder whether people who spend all their time baiting or rusing have any -actual-, real interests, we have plenty of good, self-contained threads on here that amount to worthwhile discussion and banter, but there's always that one faggot who drips into threads like those and try to stir shit up, why? Don't you have somewhere else to be?

tl;dr: If you spend your time baiting and shitposting, you're pure cancer.
>>
>PC fags think console gamers are the problem
>>
>>254984965
Sorry, I didn't elaborate enough. I agree with you completely, I was referring to persona with my post.
>>
File: 1391879436579.png (139KB, 572x314px)
1391879436579.png
139KB, 572x314px
>>254984920
>CDPR drones linking pre-order sites for Witcher 3 while posting trailer webm's
>call them out on their obvious shilling
>"go back to playing Cisquistion, Biodrone"
This place really has gone down the shitter since it became known to the public.
>>
>hey guys, let's split /v/ EVEN MORE!

Fuck off, faggot.
>>
>>254985156
>console fags think pc gamers are the problem

face it nigger, everyone's part of the problem
>>
>>254982714
you forgot "everything below 60 fps is unplayable", "all PC gamers play at 60 fps"," 4k will be soon standard", "it's on Sony console so it's bad", "you don't have to upgrade PC per 8 years" etc.
>>
File: mods are shills.jpg (17KB, 609x148px) Image search: [Google]
mods are shills.jpg
17KB, 609x148px
>>254984965
>the 2,000 smash threads posted every minute need a containment general
The mods are shills aswell. I know there are several Nintendo shills that are mods and there is one or two Sony shills posting as mods aswell. I remember how they used to auto-sage the Watch_Dogs being downgraded on PC for damage control.

It's over. They have complete control over us. The publishers won.
>>
File: 1369311950703.png (3MB, 1886x2102px) Image search: [Google]
1369311950703.png
3MB, 1886x2102px
>>254985278
>CDPR drones
You haven't seen shit.
>>
>>254985080

I remember when every Sega thread on /v/ got deleted, I presume it was because they weren't valid to the future of gaming or some stupid thing like that. So picky, so meaningless.
>>
Yeah sure.
Why don't we go ahead and split up more and make /microsoft/, /sony/, and /nintendo/ too.
Meanwhile there would be endless epik raids cross vidya boards particularly between /sony/ and /microsoft/.
You are an idiot OP. Splitting things up would make it far worse.
>>
>>254985608
What am I supposed to look at here? Obvious bait threads that are solely meant to trigger CDPR drones into defense mode so they can have another 300+ replies of circlejerking Witcher 2 jpegs?
>>
>>254985842
Does /v/ even do any raids anymore?
>>
>>254977362
No
The last thing we need to do is turn 4chan into fucking reddit.
>>
>>254985842
Yes, shill. You would hate that. But for us tired of this console war shit and just want to talk about fucking games on platforms we play, a new board is needed.

>raids
This isn't 2008.
>>
File: 1404722876599.jpg (11KB, 328x277px) Image search: [Google]
1404722876599.jpg
11KB, 328x277px
>>254985842
>Shitposting in a thread about minimizing shitposting.

Great job anon.
>>
>be moot
>make a /vr/ and /vg/
>still no PC board

for fucks sake
>>
>>254985996
What?
I don't want console wars or pc vs console or whatever the fuck. I have all the systems and a PC better than 99% of the population and I am tired of the shit as well, but splitting the board more would not fix anything.
>>
>>254985946
No, any raid threads are deleted instantly. Based mods doing their job to limit fun.
>>
>>254985881
Thunderstorm man was much more than that, anon.
>>
>>254986095
moot hates making the logical thing. We're still waiting for that History board which will never happen since moot is a fucking bitch and too afraid of /pol/ to do it.
>>
>>254986159
>but splitting the board more would not fix anything.
Based on what? If you play on consoles and PC, surely you wouldn't mind browsing two boards now instead of one. /vg/ was said to be needless aswell but now it's a dumping ground for shills. PC board can definitely work.
>>
I was gonna save that image because your hard drive always needs more pictures of dinosaurs, but then I read your comment and decided to go without dinosaurs just to be a little less like you, you flaming faggot. Holy shit.
>>
>>254981480
Actually you started with SILKY SMOOTH
>>
>>254986515
no, the golden face is older
>>
>Splitting /v/ into /v/ and /vp/ somehow left /v/ with more furries
>Splitting /v/ into /v/ and /vr/ led to more nostalgia circle-jerking
>Splitting /v/ into /v/ and /vg/ removed vidya discussion and left it with shit posting and more waifu bullshit

And yet despite all this you morons think more boards will magically fix things? Tribalism is a deep rooted part of humanity which will never go away, and thus some new and equally stupid factions would replace the old ones in a manner of days.
>>
>>254986095
It's funny because /vr/ is so glad they don't have to come here anymore.
>>
>>254986867
You are wrong on all three counts. You have no fucking idea what you're talking about. Just before /vg/ was made, the front page was always cluttered with the same half dozen threads.
>>
>>254980662
>Because it explains the systemic posting of the same three thread openers with the same picture, over the months leading up to release for each of the titles I've mentioned.

you severely underestimate just how many freaks and weirdos frequent this site. there are fanboys who will post these threads and have conversations with themselves for free for a game they like. and there are also trolls who will copy paste the exact same threads over and over because they know it will cause a 500 reply shitstorm each time.

what about the threads that get posted over and over the exact same way that arent related to a current release? are they marketers too? the guy posting the MGS1 revolver ocelot pic and the FFXV gif guy both posted their threads several times a day with the same replies, but had no business or financial incentive to do so
>>
>>254986867
I don't see any fucking furrie threads, anywhere.
There is nostalgia circle-jerking, but not even nearly as much as back then
So you would like to have thousands of LoL and Dota threads?
>>
>>254980662
Dragon Age only gets shat upon though. And some by CDPR drones.
>>
>>254986813
I'm talking about Bloodbonre threads. Even without golden faces it's full of "silky smooth" shitposters.
>>
>>254987070

>what about the threads that get posted over and over the exact same way that arent related to a current release? are they marketers too?

The difference is that the marketing threads disappear once the game is out. You won't see anyone open a TOR thread with "I know I shouldn't be but I'm hyped" ever again. Where as you WILL see the MGS1 guy or the FFXV guy constantly reposting their shit, for months and months, independent of how /v/ reacts. It'd be one thing if the threads changed a little but kept getting posted, but the fact that those threads drop off like a sack of bricks once the big push for a game is over speaks volumes.

Also, please see
>>254981991
>>
File: 1404500846562.png (121KB, 250x418px) Image search: [Google]
1404500846562.png
121KB, 250x418px
>>254977362
>Not just seperating it into a board for the current console generation and a board for everything else

The only retards who need containing are the people who want to talk about these "next gen" shit consoles.
>>
>>254977973
There were a few good Xbox and PS3 games we can't emulate yet
>>
>>254986867
If the community left in the board after taking away the older generation went bad, and the departure of people interested in actual discussion of one particular video game made things worse, and you fear of what that taking away the PC users might do, it should tell you all you need to know of the rest of the population here (which is mostly console players). It's full of furries, shitposters, horny fetishists and school boys too young to browse 4chan. And frankly, if a community can't self-regulate its members, it deserves the festering environment it created for itself.
>>
>>254987297

It doesn't matter for marketing whether or not the discussion is positive. All that needs to happen is discussion of any sort, and you'll get hundreds of thousands of people who's only impression of DA:I is that /v/ can't stop talking about it. Surprise surprise, some of these people are foolish enough to consider that a mark of quality.
>>
File: 1405485650227.jpg (57KB, 425x292px) Image search: [Google]
1405485650227.jpg
57KB, 425x292px
>>254980018
Get this, /ovg/ Only Video Games. The only thing you can post on /ovg/ is directly talking about video games, no culture shit, nothing about other people who talk about video games, no talk about the industry or what company is releasing what hardware, only video games.
>>
>>254983850
The worst part is, the mods aren't even consistant in their enforcement. A thread somehow mildly relates to a guy who once played a video game, the mods allow it. A fun time honored tradition that usually has a single thread about it every month or so, the mods delete it in ten seconds flat, faster than it takes them to do something about an entire thread of pornography.
>>
>>254988006
>it should tell you all you need to know of the rest of the population here (which is mostly console players)

bullshit. /v/ is heavily PC oriented and most of them are just as obnoxious and bad as the consolers. PC isnt immune from underaged uneducated morons just because its a PC
>>
Doesn't any of the other chans have a PC-only gaming board? Might aswell migrate there instead since /v/ has become too toxic for my taste.
>>
>>254988887
there#s a pc masterrace chan, btu I think it died because it was shit
>>
>>254988769
>heavily PC oriented
Please open the catalog several times during the day and see the console-to-PC ratio. /v/ is dominated by discussion about consoles and console games, and almost all waifu / hype threads are console-games centric too. The board is primarily populated by console players now, and that should tell you all you need to know about the current state of the board.
>>
In all the years I've been browsing /v/, I don't think I have come across anything as bad as the Nintendo crowd. They are so fucking hostile its like a plague once you start riling them up. And then they automatically think you are a sony fanboy, and that just hurts the sony people.

God this board has a long way to go before it becomes stable.
>>
>>254988769

No, most of them aren't. I really don't think people who claim most of the shitposting comes from anywhere but Sony ACTUALLY spend much time on the board. le golden faic, sour grapes, NEVER EVER, three of the most anti-discussion memes too hit /v/ all come from the same place.

Someone says your game looks like an unoptimized, uninspired cash grab? "Someone's grapes are sour kek!"

"Instead of trying to convince people as to why they should purchase my console of choice to play this game, I'll ridicule them for HAVING to pay for the console I already paid for to play the game! Yeah, that'll show those PC shitposters!"

You have to be an idiot, or blind, not to follow the shitposting trail. Sony doesn't win worst fanbase on /v/ in every poll for no reason.
>>
>>254989543
>pc masterrace chan
It died because the admin decided to change the site so that anyone could register a board to their name dedicated to whatever subject they want, and nothing was not allowed because "4chan has too much moderation killing off OC". Users tried to warn him, he did it anyway, 2 months later the entire site died (it ran for over a year prior).
>>
>>254989680
That's because there are more shills related to console games than PC games. Actual browsers are probably by majority PC gamers.
>>
>>254989704

If you can point me to an instance of Nintendo shitposting going on right now, I'd be surprised.

>>254990336
Dude, there's maybe 20 threads out of 100 right now actually dedicated to discussing PC games. The rest is console shitposting and game discussion, or /v/culture. There's no sort of PC majority here at all. There's a Nintendo majority, yes, but that's not a bad thing at all. Nintendofags keep to their own threads for the most part, unlike other fanbases here.
>>
>>254989704
Sony>>>Nintendo>>>>>>>>Xbox because there's so few of then
In terms of most to least shit
Objectively the only opinion possible, otherwise you're a sonypony.
>>
>>254990684
The majority of people usually vote PC when we have strawpoll threads.

>If you can point me to an instance of Nintendo shitposting going on right now
Make a Vita thread. I dare you.
>>
>>254977362
Yes, I want /console/ cancer to leave.

>>254977545
Those threads should be reported and deleted at first sight.
>>
>>254991317

The Vita Internet Defense Force is stronger in Vita threads than any shitposting. Maybe if the Vita wasn't touted as a 3DS killer, it wouldn't be such an obvious target for ridicule now that it's dead as far as Sony's concerned. That being said, shitposting is shitposting, and I'll give you that Nintendrones can be real douchebags in Vita threads. But there isn't a single nintendo thread that scrapes by without at least 5 obvious bait/shitpost attempts. EVERY thread, without fail.

It's like one kid's got a bucket of shit he's tossing around, then he get's upset when everyone else in the sandbox starts throwing his shit back at him.
>>
File: 1285455295.jpg (24KB, 268x433px)
1285455295.jpg
24KB, 268x433px
>>254990684
>If you can point me to an instance of Nintendo shitposting going on right now, I'd be surprised.
It wasn't hard, I suspected someone would go flinging their asinine nicknames through the air as soon as I voiced my view on the matter.
>>254991024
>>
>>254992563
Fair enough. But we can agree that a /pc/ board would've definitely helped improve shit anyways?
>>
>>254992563
>it's dead as far as Sony's concerned.
Have you even researched it yourself? It's friggin popular in Japan.
>>
>>254977362
Even if we were split up into 2 boards, it wouldn't change a thing. You would still get shitposting "raid" threads from either sides to try and desperately prove their thing is better.
>>
>>254992869
You need to actually get rid of the shit in the first place by banning it if you actually want this place to improve, making a split will just shuffle the shit around and probably entice even more shitflinging across the board gap
>>
>>254977362

We need pc gamers to quell the sonyggers
>>
File: 1403559233944.png (2MB, 1280x720px)
1403559233944.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>254993271
Those would be bannable offenses however.
>>
>>254992869
We don't need to divide the /v/idya userbase any more than it already is. We need bans to be enforceable in a real way, and a concerted effort on every active posters part to only engage in genuine discussion. Essentially, it's impossible to improve this place on masse. Just gotta try to do your level headed best mang.

>>254992975

Popular != Supported

Sony's planning "fewer", if any first party games coming to the Vita. They're releasing the Playstation TV starting at 100 dollars, that has full access to the Vita library without need for the proprietary memory sticks. They developed a seperate piece of hardware to salvage the Vita library instead of just cutting the price of the Vita to 100 dollars. That says all you need to know about Sony's support of the Vita. I'm sure there'll be plenty of awesome third party and indie games for it, but that doesn't change how Sony's approaching the console.

For a comparison on how to handle a dieing console, look at how Nintendo's been handling the Wii U. 3DS is running dry for the year, but the Wii U has never been doing better in terms of market share and video games coming out.
>>
File: savingthevita.jpg (61KB, 660x253px) Image search: [Google]
savingthevita.jpg
61KB, 660x253px
>>254992975
As far as Sony's concerned, he said. And he's right. Sony hates the Vita. You can even go to /vitagen/ and ask them. They hate Sony more than Nintendrones do.

>>254993447
across-boards shitposting isn't that common anymore. And like stated earlier, the creation of /vg/ definitely did more good than bad for all involved parts. Why shouldn't a /pc/ board acheive the same? Shitposting would be very easy to detect and delete once you have divided it up like that.
>>
>>254988173
I'd be down.
>>
I'm really tired of Nintendo garbage shitting up /v/ so I'm all for either a board for consoles or a board for nintendo.
>>
>>254993772
>We don't need to divide the /v/idya userbase any more than it already is
We do. /v/ is way too active and way too popular for its own good. It attracts the lowest of low to this board for easy exposure. If we divide it up, we reduce the traffic to one board, thus reduce the appeal of the board to those solely looking for exposure and thus improve quality of boards.
>>
File: 1405028906736.png (184KB, 440x439px) Image search: [Google]
1405028906736.png
184KB, 440x439px
>>254993762
This always makes me laugh.

PC players are by far the most calm and adult people on /v/. Then consolefags starts to project their insecurity on them by shitposting, and they keep losing the arguments until the shitposting thread dies out.
>>
This thread is proof of the need for a split.
>>
>>254994178
As a person who grew up with Nintendo, the Nintendofaggots on this board fucking disgust me.

Not all of them, but most of them are so fucking delusional and annoying it's unbelievable.
>>
/vr/ exists because people wanted to talk about collecting/buying old games without the first post always being "Lel just emulate it"

/v/ has little to no good discussion on things pre 2000s, and if they do its off to page 15 because of all the meme spewed shit shitposters put up on page 1
>>
>>254994965
Same applies to PC gaming. Look at the front page. Always console war bullshit that drowns geniune PC gaming discussion. I have to constantly work my way through a mountain of shit to find a decent thread. Honestly, at this rate, I'd suspect the only thing holding moot back from making a /pc/ board is shill influence who would prefer a concentrated community to viral for.
>>
>>254994926

The only people who are truly delusional on /v/ are sony ponies who insist that anyone criticizing Bloodbourne is viciously jealous that it isn't coming to their platform. It's like a 'get out of defending your game' card in Bloodbourne threads. THAT'S fucking delusional thinking.
>>
>>254994225
When one neighbor starts having parties at 2:00 AM every night, you don't all pack your things and build a brand new building and move in; you gang up on him in the dark parking lot one night and break his wrists.

The solution to "fixing" /v/ requires 3 things, that should have been implemented years ago:

1. per-thread (or cross-thread) identifiable user tags, for 24 hours. This makes samefagging and shitposting immediately apparent, hinders stealth advertisers and people with an agenda, and slows kickstarting a thread considerably.

2. Ban waifu threads, "feminism" threads, "Hype" threads, blatantly bait threads and copy pasta from last night, and do so blindly indiscriminately. Users also cannot start a new thread with less than 50 words OP, making "Prove me wrong" and "what does /v/ think of X" threads impossible. Any users who start those or post in those are banned for 48 hours.

3. Anyone interested in making the board in any way better, should scold anyone who disobeys the rules, acts like a faggot or answers bait, and teach others to report and hide.

Do this for three months and /v/ would ten times better. You would have interesting original content revolving around actual discussion with sane individuals, who are free to shit talk and be asshole all they want so long as they don't samefag, shill, shitpost or bait, which I think isn't too much to ask.
>>
>>254995540
homo
>>
>>254995540

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>254995212
Are you seriously implying that simply shuffling the shit around is a good idea? If anything, it's good news for the shills and shitflingers since they can get two baits for the price of one. Just cook up some good multiplat bait, cast it in both boards and watch the replies pile up in two threads simultaneously. Not to mention that two separate boards are harder to manage, so you need a lot more moderation manpower to keep the shitfest in check. And that's without considering that a lot of people have both consoles and PCs, so if anything the split would result in a net increase in traffic.

Imagine /v/ but with even less moderation, and there's your post-split boards in a nutshell
>>
Just going to ask this here. and be honest.

Do people really believe in any of these monikers? Do people here ACTUALLY believe in Nintentoddlers/sonyggers/xbots/mustard ?

We're on the internet people, Any of these names is not an identity, its something people have now adhered to to try to fit in with "4chan culture"

Nintoddlers =
A.Grew up with other consoles, don't want to accept others views on things.
B. Actual nintendo fans who take things too far because of the accusations set against them.

Sonygger =
A. Not Fans who stir up shit for the sake of starting console wars, don't care about sony, or care more about the fallout of trolling the board for amusement.
B. Other groups who want to make sony as a company look bad in comparison, usually from the other 3

Xbot -
A. Wannabe dudebro impersonators who try to viral graphics as the only good thing about games.
B. Defends major fps and hard hitting titles to make microsoft fans look bad in comparison.

Mustard:
A. Parading pirates who brag about being able to emulate everything and tease "Console users" for enjoyment.

None of these are acurate representations of true fans.

True nintendo fan: Usually children, mostly family involved, or those who grew up on nintendo systems and still enjoy them. Respect others decisions and likes, and don't brag or defend themselves.

True sony fan: Grew up with playstation games, platformers, and rpgs. Can usally hold intellectual conversations about games most people remember when transitioning from nintendo to sony as they grew older.

True microsoft fans: Mostly adults, but those who enjoy the "mature label" of games as well as sports. Least vocal minority and usually keep to themselves, since in america, Xbox is popular and regarded as the main "Game system" for mature gamers.

Real PC fan:
Enjoys physical/digital classics on their hard drive, if they pirate, they don't try to justify it. they just do it. Don't bash the fuck out of consoles.
>>
>>254995540
>When one neighbor starts having parties at 2:00 AM every night
Although in this case, it's more like your roommate being autistic and can't shut the fuck up when you go to sleep and you know since it's a mental condition, your influence is limited and moving away might be the best choice for both.

>The solution to "fixing" /v/ requires 3 things
Your "solution" means basically upping the mod activity, which is like treating a disease by the symptoms rather than the cause. Banning people is still useless. Mods are still useless as they delete decent threads and let blatant console war shit stay because they too have affiliations of their own.

Just divide the fucking boards, implement Thread ID and most of the shit is gone.
>>
>>254977786
At one point there were over 50 pages of Archived threads with links to a gamespot article, small parts from the article and identical image names.
>>
>>254996279
>Not to mention that two separate boards are harder to manage,
Wrong. One very active board is harder to manage than two semi-active boards.

And let's face it, it's not like the mods do any good anyways.
>>
File: 1404675011399.png (88KB, 760x687px) Image search: [Google]
1404675011399.png
88KB, 760x687px
>>254981842
pic related
>>
>>254983850
>>254984363
Have you guys tried 8-10 AM EST? Usually good threads with no shitposting
>>
File: 1405187612671.jpg (119KB, 356x438px) Image search: [Google]
1405187612671.jpg
119KB, 356x438px
>>254995540
Your ideas would actually save this place.

Too bad it will never happen.

Automatic ban for creating waifu threads and the like would also likely get faggots to migrate to other places and in time clean /v/.
>>
>>254987017
For an idea of this just go to /a/ when something good is airing. Like when KlK was still airing, every time a new episode came out if was more /klk/ than /a/
>>
>>254995540
1. That only does anything about the laziest bottom percentile of shitposters, and it causes great problems for a lot of legitimate users. People can still easily samefag with proxies, or just by using their mobile phones to post. This causes problems for people like me who like to hold multiple conversations in a single thread without having one taint the other. As for slowing down starting a thread, moot has already made it impossible for OPs to bump their own threads much to my dismay.

2. Sounds like a good idea but the fact remains that there are many people who don't have anything to say in the OP more than a small question or bringing some link to the attention of the board. Your solution would affect them unfairly.

3. Fully agreed but good luck getting /v/ to actually do something productive for once. Hell most of the people here enjoy encouraging spoonfeeding when there is a built in image search feature that works 95% of the time now.
>>
File: HEY MAAAAAAAAAAAAN.png (51KB, 252x403px) Image search: [Google]
HEY MAAAAAAAAAAAAN.png
51KB, 252x403px
>>254999049
Work during weekdays is shit.
>>
>>255000059
Yeah I work from 9-330 as a part time, so I'm usually up around 7 anyways and just hop on. I always enjoy morning /v/ way more than rest of the time /v/
>>
>>255000710
6 to 2 full time, I hate my life. Can't even browse /v/ during my job.
>>
File: honestly.jpg (264KB, 600x698px) Image search: [Google]
honestly.jpg
264KB, 600x698px
>>254977362

but won't there always be shitposters?

Someone should test this.
>>
>>255001952
But anon, you are already in the largest social experiment on shitposters to ever exist.
>>
>>254999950
>moot has already made it impossible for OPs to bump their own threads
Didn't know about that - explain?
>>
>>255002942
Okay, so I'm not exactly sure how it works, and I'm not exactly sure how other people know how it works but here's what I know and what I have been told.

What I have witnessed is that when you create a thread, you can post in it, but your posts will not bump the thread, assuming they are from the same IP address. That is what I can confirm with certainty, however I have been told that others can still bump your thread, and if someone else bumps your thread, your next post can bump the thread again. I'm not sure if that's true or not, I haven't tested that for myself because I hardly ever make threads.

I'm not sure if it applies to all boards, but it applies to /v/ at least. I think that's all there is too it really. But my mind is easily addled so I may be forgetting something, sorry about that.
Thread posts: 213
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.