[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>All these disgusting non-vidya threads FUCK YOU GUYS, WE'RE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 41

File: image.jpg (271KB, 900x746px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
271KB, 900x746px
>All these disgusting non-vidya threads

FUCK YOU GUYS, WE'RE HAVING A MONSTER HUNTER THREAD

TELL EVERYONE WHAT YOU'RE:
>FIGHTAN
>USAN
>WHAT MASKS YOU WEARAN
>CRAFTAN
>LOOKAN FORWARD TO MOST IN 4U....

Question to think about: How would the ability to trade anything(even those rare drops) with other players change monster hunter? Would you still play it?
>>
File: queerpecker.png (40KB, 328x408px) Image search: [Google]
queerpecker.png
40KB, 328x408px
>Bow
>kitty masks
>whatever looks cool
>coming to the wii u

who wants to hunt?
>>
>>254533538
It would be nice to give items to other people when you receive them at the end of hunt/carve, but any longer than that and I wouldn't like it
>>
Monster Hunter is a boring grindfest with a shitty camera, but people defend it because it's fun to play with friends, even though just about every game is fun to play with friends.

That aside, being able to trade rare drops is bad, bad, bad. From my experience in MMOs, if you can sell loot from endgame dungeons, then people will be assholes and not take you to endgame dungeons unless you already have the loot from those dungeons, turning the entire game into a horrible grindfest where money beats all. I know that Monster Hunter is very different from an MMO, but I still can't imagine it being a good thing.
>>
>FIGHTAN
helping out low hr
>USAN
switching between my two SA sets depending on my mood and my Hammer set
>WHAT MASKS YOU WEARAN
I like the lamp
>CRAFTAN
Nothing at the moment, i was doing the lucent narga HBG but got bored of farming a long time ago
>LOOKAN FORWARD TO MOST IN 4U
A WiiU port, the only way i would be able to play it
>>
I really want to get used to Dual Swords, but goddamn they feel really weak and stupid.

I might as well just go back to Great Sword, at least I rek shit with it.
>>
>>254533538
EVERYTHING
GREATSWORDS
ANCIENT + NULLBERRY
EVERY GREATSWORD
NO UNDERWATER
>>
>>254533538
>Capture Lagi.
>Gunlance.
>M...mask? For the small guy? Acorn.
>Working towards Dios, have Lagi, need fucking plate to upgrade.
>Wii U availability.

Any suggestion for Earlyish gunlance aromr sets.
>>
>>254534341
Do you use the demon mode shit?
>>
File: 1393890271849.jpg (208KB, 620x877px) Image search: [Google]
1393890271849.jpg
208KB, 620x877px
>>254533538
>FIGTHAN
Nothing, just waiting for 4U
>USAN
Last weapon I used was Tartar GS
>WHAT MASKS YOU WEARAN
Fluffy and whetstone
>CRAFTAN
If I do get back on I'll probably work on some more end game armors
The new mons and weapon moves.
>>
>>254533538
MH3U was my first MH and I have it on the 3ds so I'm looking forward to actually being able to play with people lone hunta sucks
>>
fucking charms
FUCKING CHARMS
>>
>>254533538
Just for shits and giggles I made the Arzuros Ace to spam pellet shots.

Solo, of course, but I need to get some evasion distance armour to go along with it. Might get some Qurupeco X armour for loading and pellet up and then stick evasion distance on it via charms/slots.
>>
>>254533538
LONG SWORDS NIGGA
CRAFTING THE BEST GEAR
LOOKING FORWARD TO GRAPPLING ON TK MONSTERS
PLAYING WITH OTHER HUNTERS
JIZZZZING CUZ BEEN A MONSTER HUNTER FAN SINCE PS2
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>254535404
>playing with other people will be fun
>rajang is coming back

After all the noobs triple carting, you'll wish it never had online. Also....

>Not soloing G-rank, specifically black diablos

Back to 3U you go. You're not allowed to say that until you solo "Face of Fear"
>>
>>254534187
You can't trade rare drops. At all. Only Rarity 1/2 things like potions or temperature control drinks or honey.

I play solo most of the time. I defend it because it's actually fun to play. In most other games, enemies are either swarms of ordinarily worthless, but extremely opportunistic mooks that die in droves but might get one lucky hit in just when you really don't need to be hit, or relatively annoying mini-mini-boss enemies that just serve to fuck up the pacing.

In Monster Hunter, every single weapon type feels and operates completely different from the next. Even similar ones like Dual Blades/SnS, Heavy Bowgun/Light Bowgun, Horn/Hunting Horn all have their own pros and cons and unique ways of handling. Most monsters are balanced to be fair, yet challenging fights, and it's one of the few games that makes me feel like I'm a crazy dance battle with my opponent.

The endgame goal can be grinding, but it doesn't have to be. You could go the entire game with very minimal grind, or even none at all. But it is a goal that is rewarded if you so choose to pursue it.
>>
I've never played a MonHun before, but I'm highly interested

Should I wait for 4, or go straight for 3 on my 3DS? And can I play with my friends in the WiiU version?
>>
>FIGHTAN
Gigginox between the 3 Lagiacrus quest, been doing that for the last 3 days and still no Mantle

>USAN
Hammer, sucks that I still don't have the fully upgraded Rathalos hammer so I'm using the Gronnigga with the Lagi X set

>WHAT MASKS YOU WEARAN
The kitty ones or the Fluffy mask for finding where the monsters are, Ultimate mask for Kayamba sometimes

>CRAFTAN
Giggi's Hunting Horn, I'm going on a gathering on saturday and wannna have some HHs just in case no one else has one. Also just Lagi's' hammer until I git gud enough to consistently kill Abyssal Lagi and get that hammer

The climban and jumpan and different environments. Since I'm a 3rd gen babby I wanna see how the old monstes play. I've seen videos and I'm ready to get my ass reamed by Rajang just for his hammer, I wanna bash around monsters with super saiyan on a stick.
>>
Got so damn close to beating the dual tigrex urgent in MHFU last night. Lost my shit when the 2nd one caught me in a corner.
>>
>>254534341
They ARE weak. Per hit. But their attack speed more than makes up for it - they have almost the highest consistent DPS of any weapon. That is unless you don't have speed sharpener/razor sharp or aren't properly matching element with monster weaknesses.

Remember to focus on the feet. Tripping a monster constantly is one of the primary strengths of the Dual Blades.
>>
from way back when we had daily monster hunter threads i learned what "kirin" was.

I have never played a monster hunter game, but i've fapped to the fanart of it alot
>>
>>254535125
>>254534235
There's not likely to be a WiiU port. Pretty sure they're sticking to portable only now.
>>
>>254533538
>No vita version.
>>
>>254536574
Play 3U since it'll be a while before 4U comes
Yes you can play with your friends on the WiiU, the 3DS version doesn't have native online, only local multiplayer
4U will have native online
>>
Low ranker.

>FIGHTAN
Just killed a Qurepeco in Moga Woods, but I guess the next big thing for me to kill quest-wise is the Lagombi.

>USAN
GL but saving for the first Peco HBG you get.

>MASKS
Grill, only have Cha Cha right now.

>CRAFTAN
Shit ton of paintballs and mega potions.

>LOOKAN FORWARD TO MOST IN 4U...
Online play, that'll be fun! Also, NO MORE FUCKING WATER. YAY.
>>
>>254535665
It gets worse in 4U.

Guild quests.
Excavated/guild weapons/armours. Basically totally random stats and designs that can have really strong gems permanently fused into them, potentially charms that you can't actually craft.

Level 100 Guild Quests can yield absurdly strong weapons, infinitely stronger than anything you could EVER POSSIBLY CRAFT ON YOUR OWN. That said, Level 100 Guild Quests are balls hard. In 4, they're basically G2-Rank, in a game that otherwise only goes up to high rank.
>>
>>254535956
I've soloed all the village quests and most of the port before I stopped playing black diablos are easy, but fuck deviljhos
>>
>>254537321
Charm Tables are not static anymore. Everything else is irrelevant.
Who am I kidding
>>
>>254536574
Wii-U version has online. Both versions have local multiplayer, so friends with a 3DS can play together, and even play with a local Wii-U.

I have both to be honest. I really like portable monster hunter. It fits the series perfectly. I'm super glad they're finally giving it online capability with 4.
>>
Oh wow. A 404 General. I haven't seen one of these on /v/ in quite a while. I wonder if I still have the old general picture.
>>
>>254537448
Pretty sure they confirmed that was an unintended bug and that it was supposed to switch like it did in Portable 3rd.
>>
>>254537446
>Not soloing Deviljho with the Great Inceadeus
>In Tri
>>
>>254537321
Charms are the worst addition to MonHun, I seriously wish they were never added. I want to hunt monsters to make my equipment, not Bomb myself on a fucking Velocidrome.
>>
File: 1389680952408.png (104KB, 491x387px) Image search: [Google]
1389680952408.png
104KB, 491x387px
>FIGHTAN
NOTHING FOR LIKE 3 MONTHS BECAUSE FUCK LAGI HORNS

>USAN
SWITCH AXE REPRESENT

>WHAT MASKS YOU WEARAN
FLUFFY - PITFALL 4 LYFE

>CRAFTAN
SPENT SO LONG GRINDING I CAN'T EVEN REMEMBER

CHARGE AXE
From what I've seen the charge axe essentially reversed sword/axe mode, with the axe being stronger that time around (And elements actually being worth a damn?)
I love how the SA's sword mode is pretty much GS without charge but combos actually matter, hoping CA will be pretty much that until you change to axe mode to get in some power hits or something
I hope the phials are less stupid though
>>
>>254537321
I might kill myself.
>>
>>254538041
HERE'S MY MH4U WEAPONS CHANGELOG
IT KIND OF OUTLINES HOW WEAPONS HAVE CHANGED AND THE NEW WEAPONS WORK

pastebin.com/cSwNDM3a

>>254537815
Charms I can get along with. I never grind for them. I've become content with them as bonuses from hunts or mining excursions, and for the most part I've got a decent selection of 'em. It's not like they make you 200% stronker or something.
>>
>>254538263
I... THINK they might come at the very end of the game, though. I have yet to have someone tell me about that.
>>
>>254537030
I guess I'm going to need to buy a circlepad thing now then.
>>
File: 32c27e61d6d66780f2009d79d6f0880c.jpg (864KB, 1200x970px) Image search: [Google]
32c27e61d6d66780f2009d79d6f0880c.jpg
864KB, 1200x970px
>>254538340
>pastebin.com/cSwNDM3a

I thought GS also gained a vertical slash after roll?
>>
>>254538567
's up to you. You can get by without it with some practice.

OH, AND IN CASE NOBODY KNEW, THE CAMERA NO LONGER DOES TIER SHIT. IT'S A FULLY FUNCTIONAL CAMERA NOW.
>>
>>254538769
News to me. Maybe it can.
>>
>>254538340
Interesting
I like the sounds of the Gunlance stuff too, it's my #2 weapon
Is the shield poke even worth using now?
>>
>>254539227
Shield poke was never really worth using in the first place. Considering raw attack values have been nerfed across the board I expect that it'll be even more worthless.

Or maybe it'll be brought more in line with other moves as a result.
>>
>>254539090
It's only after a sideroll apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ0rHKnarhk#t=71
>>
>>254539456
Shown at around 1:20.
>>
>>254538340
>Forward+A performs an attack that can play multiple notes depending on what you input as it's swinging
That sounds ridiculous.
How many notes? Anyone got a video of it?
>>
>>254539428
This chart is silly.
>>
I moved on to great sword after having played hammer bros on my last MonHun playthroughs
why are greatswords so based, goddamn
landing a charge is so satisfying
>>
>>254539428
Oh yeah I guess I didn't word it well, I meant more like "Is it just as absolutely useless as it was in 3U?"
I really don't like when weapons have a move in their moveset that can be summed up as "This isn't worth using ever"

That being said I'd probably do more GL stuff with 4U considering I mostly started with it when I got a hunting buddy in 3U, so I was trying out LR stuff instead of just wiping everything with HR stuff
Good times
>>
>>254539796
Its from the current crop of /mhg/ players, its easy to tell who's under age in the general now
>>
When are they gonna announce the NA weapon contest winner fuck
>>
File: opinions.jpg (32KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
opinions.jpg
32KB, 500x400px
I need an adult
>>
File: 1405275813166s.jpg (4KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
1405275813166s.jpg
4KB, 120x120px
Is the LS still fun in 4U?
>>
>>254539796
Yet true. Shelling constantly will make you a horrible teammate since you'll send people flying all the time, especially with a wide explosion like with Spread, and yet constant spread shelling is the best DPS you'll get out of the gunlance. On non-spread type gunlance shelling is worth less, so it becomes more important for you to use the lance part more.

As much as I hate to admit it, Spread shell is the new Power Phial... while due to the damage value nerfs across the board and Power Phial only being worth 1.2 while element phial is 1.25, in 4 and 4U, power phial is no longer the power phial, and there are axes that will be useful despite being element phials.

>>254540013
I made it after doing research, m80. I also put together the changelog since everyone else was too lazy to.

>>254539898
I dislike that sort of thing too.
>>
The excavation shit sounds pretty fucking lame

I hope the normal gear is still viable enough for most quests
>>
who kelbi bow/autoguard talisman master race here
>>
>>254540565
I'm fairly sure it will be. Given that the best of the best of excavated/guild weapons come from monsters that are basically G-rank or stronger in a game that only goes up to High Rank...
>>
File: 1381868645900.gif (181KB, 319x319px) Image search: [Google]
1381868645900.gif
181KB, 319x319px
>NargX armor
>Gem'd for fast sheathing
>Myxo Demolisher
It's like I'm some sort of vengeful acrobatic God
>>
>>254537030
pls no.it will come to the wiiu eventually... i havefaith
>>
RIP Hunterchan
>>
>>254540952
It won't. The console iterations just don't sell enough inside of Japan for it to be worth it, and outside of Japan Monster Hunter still isn't popular enough to give every game both portable and console iterations.
>>
File: dragon phial.gif (2MB, 107x314px) Image search: [Google]
dragon phial.gif
2MB, 107x314px
>>254540457
That reminds me, but it's also something that really bothered me about the SA in 3U, but there were 2 types of phials
Power phials and shitty phials
>>
>>254540565
I just hope it doesn't go the same way WoW did when the GearScore addon first came out.
>>
>>254540735
>tfw me and my friend used autoguard talisman in Tri for like the first 40 hours until we hunted with someone who was like "lol guys why the autoblock"
IT AUTOMATICALLY BLOCKS! IT'S FOOLPROOF!
>>
>>254541135
Just read this hurts. the 3ds monsterhunter sucks so much balls compared to the wiiu one.
>>
>>254540784
Of course, I'm talking about 4 alone. These things might change in 4U.

>>254541145
Eh, element phials weren't too much worse. Unless you're talking specifically about the Ceadeed Axe which was practically in a tier of its own and outclassed EVERYTHING ELSE EVER in the Switch Axe category. Sure, it made sword mode a lot less appealing for comboing but it also made the Phial Burst much stronger due to the chainsaw hits, so element phials were acceptable for people who used Axe Mode more than Sword Mode due to preferring how it handled more.
>>
>>254541135
I'm not counting on it but I don't discount it yet either. They won't announce an HD ver until after the portable version comes out to maximize Japanese shekels anyways. I'll say it's for sure not happening when the western release date approaches with no HD ver. in sight.
>>
Hey, so I only have about 10 hours played on my 3DS and im at lvl 3 quests, just killed the venomus raptor "boss", so im still learning the game.

>How do I know which armors are good and which armors are bad?
>How do I know which weapons/weapon upgrades to go for? Im using switch axe and only have bone so far.
>Sadly im not sure how to progress with weapons/armor at all except kill bigger things and craft bigger armors.
>whelp
>>
>>254539680
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVticyRFP9o&feature=player_detailpage&list=UUT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA#t=140
>>
>>254542036
I assume you know how armour skills work?
>>
>>254542036
I wouldn't really worry about getting "good" armor until you're in G rank. Just get one decent Low rank armor and one decent High rank armor. As far as weapons go you can always consult online weapon trees
>>
>>254541467
I didn't think element phials were too awful until I was playing around with the damage calc and saw that almost every power phial SA at T7-8 would out-damage every single non-power phial at T10, even assuming the monster had 0 resistance to that element, what I don't think any monsters even had 0 resistance to any element
It was mostly due to the elemental damage being awful in the first place though, I know that just comparing T10 axes, even if they had the same "total damage" (Displayed raw + elemental was equal, that is) a raw axe would put out in the mid-20's on every hit while raw + element axes would usually sit around 10 points of raw damage + 1-3 points of elemental, depending on resistances

Which also reminds me of how annoying it was in G-rank because everything immediately became "sword mode or purple sharpness if you don't want to bounce", and being stuck on the shitty charm tables sucked dick
>>
>>254542273
I...don't think so. If you mention what it is then yes perhaps, but assume no.

>>254542462
I have the jaggia armor right now with minor attack gems/ornaments/decorations
>>
>>254542036
The Great Jaggi armor is easy to make and should get you through the early parts.
>>
>>254542036
This will be your best friend for keeping track of all the shit going on
http://kiranico.com

Armor skills > Armor defense, starting out you'd probably want to be making full sets of armor instead of clown suits so you get skills while getting the hang of how they work
The weapon trees on that site will show upgrade paths, you'll probably end up making a lot of weapons for various purposes
>>
File: 1281869170837.jpg (162KB, 423x600px) Image search: [Google]
1281869170837.jpg
162KB, 423x600px
>>254533538
FUCK YOU, BUT I AGREE, MONHUN THREAD

NARGACUGAS FOR ECLIPSE GAMBIT
SPECTRAL DEMOLISHERS BECAUSE FUCK YOU
FALSE FELYNE AND CANNON SHIT FUCK
I JUST SAID ECLIPSE GAMBIT YOU AUTIST
THE MOST? HOW ABOUT EVERYTHING? GODDAMN 4U CAN'T GET HERE FAST ENOUGH BUT THAT CHARGE BLADE THOUGH

Trading rare drops? I don't care, might be nice.
>>
>>254542462
I wouldn't suggest this at all. A new player will miss out on a whole fucking lot of content if they just play like a veteran hunter would, grabbing the necessities and rushing off to the highest rank.

>>254542605
When you are crafting new armour, press R twice. It'll give various skill names and points to them.

No matter what skill, +10 is the minimum you need to activate some sort of effect. Some skills have further, more potent activations at +15 and rarely at +20.

If you press Y, you'll be moved into a chart that will show how equipping this particular piece of armour will affect your current stats. Most of it is worthless until you get to the endgame and really want to start mixing and matching to make unique skillsets that no one armour set has.

Scroll down over any skill name and press Y to get details, such as what its general effect is and how many activations it has. Other websites can give you more detailed information.
>>
Argh, i hate that i only have it for the 3DS, wanna rock some online.

>favorite weapons: gunlance & SA masterrace
>best armor: baroth armor, for that sweet ++Attack
>best monster: Black Diablos
>>
File: 1321288356891.jpg (25KB, 615x438px) Image search: [Google]
1321288356891.jpg
25KB, 615x438px
>tfw there probably won't be a new batch of brand new monsters in 4U like there was in P3rd
>4 already introduced less brand new monsters than 3 did
They better go balls to the wall with brand new monsters in MH5 to compensate

At least 4U will still have the highest total monster count, not saying it's all bad. Just disppointed in that aspect.
>>
>>254542036
usually in weapon terms i stick with an weapon with no element until 5 star quests then start making others as you get easy access to various elements
>>
>>254542620
Thanks. And I take it ill unlock it after just progressing?

>>254542918
Thanks, havent found a reliable source of information yet so thanks. Yeah I have the full Jaggai armor set with attack decorations. Had no idea about the weapon tree though. What would the various purposes be, for example?

>>254543163
So what do you suggest instead of getting one low and one high ranking? Getting different ones?

How many skills are there and where can I see them, study what they do and know whats good for me/the situation? Thanks for the walkthrough
>>
>>254543367
Is there no online on 3DS? Havent tried any multiplayer yet so dont know if there is.
>>
>>254543553

Why do you want no element until 5 star and then start making element weapons?
>>
>>254543579
Honestly just play through the ranks slowly and use them as practice. Craft as many armors as you'd like until you feel comfortable enough to move up the next rank.
I played like 200+ hours on LR and HR alone. I concentrated on just learning monsters'moves and learning as many weapons as I'd liked.
I stuck with hammer in the end

www.kiranico.com = your friend
>>
>>254542564
You're neglecting to account for that weapons that have element phials typically have more element in the first place than weapons with power phials. You're also neglecting to account that the different phials prioritize different play styles. If you have an elemental phial you'll mostly be wanting to stab and burn on weak spots, not hack and slash.

Then again, most weapons typically get wonky balance towards the end of the game. Also element phial axes also typically have more slots than power phial axes of the same element.

Really, Nether Excellion and Remiel Whitebolt should have had similar raw and sharpnesses so both their axe modes were equal. Sadly Remiel is overall just not as great as Excellion, which is a shame. Its element isn't even double, although it is greater and it does have an extra slot, but it runs out of sharpness more quickly (especially poignant since to make the most of element phials you have to use an attack that does a LOT of hits and runs through sharpness very quickly) and its axe mode alone is worth less for the raw difference.

Hopefully by 4U they'll have made this kind of balance a little better.
>>
>>254543579
Well, it's very easy to get blockaded by upgrades so it's good to have several around (Since they go on different lines)
Like, all the weapons on the tree are on a certain "Tier", which isn't as easy to tell with the site's redesign but basically all weapons of the same tier will have similar attack strength
With that in mind, say you have a T3 SA that does raw + fire damage and a T3 SA that does pure raw
You kill whatever monster the fire SA needs to upgrade and get it to T4, so it's not stronger than the T3
However, say the T4 is upgraded using parts from the HR version of the monster, which doesn't happen to be unlocked until late in the HR quests
Then it might be better to get the T3 one upgraded to T4, then again to T5 because the monster that drops the parts for it can be fought earlier
Just good to keep your options open, really

Also, I'd recommend keeping a Lance or Gunlance (Preferably fire) for water battles, as underwater SA fighting is very slow and tedious and makes farming a bitch
>>
>>254533538
>Blue Kut-Ku in FU, Brachydios in 3U
>Hammer, SnS for KK, GS for Brachy
>on the Shakalakas? Currently Menlynx on ChaCha and Pitfall on Kayamba. Free carve and additional Pitfall trap is great for farming Gems
>Kut-Ku D armor in FU and Dios Sword+ in 3U
>dunno, I've been trying to avoid spoilers as much as possible. I'm guessing just new gameplay mechanics and new monsters in general, this series really needs a breath of fresh air
>>
So i started playing around wiyh different weapons after using the DB and GL almlst exclusively. Why does the bow seem so shitty? Or am i just shitty? How do i do better with the bow?
>>
What is, in your esteemed opinion, the best Hunting Horn at endgame?

I mostly use the Steel Uragaan one because of its high raw + negate stamina use + defense up(L) + negate stun, but I'm open to suggestions. I miss having attack up(L) to give my teammates.
>>
>>254544228

Why would I wanna craft as many armors as possible/like/comfortable with? whats the full name of LR and HR? Don't know all the abbreviations yet.

>>254544595
Thanks, I think i understand it even though its still a bit messy so far. Why is Lance/Gunlance good for water battles? And fire? Shouldnt lightning>water>fire?
>>
>>254544728
All Bows suck except for one, which you get really really late in the game and is just plain OP

If you want a good ranged weapon for solo play stick to bowgun, way more fun to use imho
>>
>FIGHTAN
Crystal Jhen
>USAN
SnS, HH, learning hammer, SA
>WHAT MASKS YOU WEARAN
Fluffy on Chinchin and Pitfall on Kayamba
>CRAFTAN
EVERYTHING
>Looking forward to in 4u
Honestly, I'm looking forward more to the fact that me and my buddies can hunt together than even the new monsters.
Although Charge Blade looks fun as fuck but the new trip craze.
>>
File: Im An idiot.jpg (82KB, 282x370px) Image search: [Google]
Im An idiot.jpg
82KB, 282x370px
>Play Ultimate on my Pii U
>Decide I should pick up the 3DS version so I can play at work during my downtime
>FUCKING GAMESTOP sells it for $39, $37 used
>Amazon sells it for $29
>I bought Ultimate for $14
>Don't feel like paying more for the 3DS version

Am I in the wrong /v/?
>>
>>254544528
Good point, I didn't really take the phial burst into much consideration since I didn't use it nor like it much as lonehunta4lyfe
Granted, when comparing the axes I did also usually use the last of each line and was mostly considering the pure raw + POW vs. elemental + element phial
>>
>>254545102

>he bought a WiiU

Yes, you are an idiot.
>>
>FIGHTAN
5 star village Uragaan next
>USAN
Lance, GS, trying to use hammer
>WHAT MASKS YOU WEARAN
Grill and pincer
>CRAFTAN
Just finished Agnaktor set for lancing
>>
>>254544728
The bow is a very niche weapon and relies heavily on element and skills to make it good. Most bows are utter shit, but this is true for most weapons since a lot of upgrade lines are just pure garbage. Also, having Power Coatings / Close Range Coatings are a huge must, as well as having combination materials to make more during a quest. Sadly, most bows don't allow the usage of power coatings, and I forget just how late into the game it becomes feasible to gem the Power Coating Use into your armour.

The two bows I'd most heavily recommend early in the game are the Qurupeco bow (for fire-weak monsters) and the bug bow - lightning branch, obviously for lightning weak monsters. You're not likely to get Focus any time soon, but things like Marathon Runner and Stamina Recovery will make it easier to use those weapons.
>>
>>254545542
People like you still exist?
>>
File: 1404173065953.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1404173065953.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>254544528

>yfw the difference between Grongiggas and Uragantuan Hammer
>the difference between Rising Tempest and Cera Creos
>>
File: 1405714795361.jpg (36KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1405714795361.jpg
36KB, 245x245px
>>254533538
>FIGHTAN
Gigginox, Zinogre and soon Lucent Nargacuga. All G rank of course
>USAN
Dual swords, I want to try other weapons but i'm basically married to dual swords now. Been together too long.
>WHAT MASKS YOU WEARAN
Grill mask, gotta get them so tastys
>CRAFTAN
Trying to rank up enough to get Hallowed jhen, so that I can wear his armor. Right now i'm wearing Jaggi X because its nice looking.
Waiting for a WiiU port... Gonna be waiting a long time.
>Recently got addicted to the series
>Hear 4 is probably only going to be on 3ds
I guess ill go back and play the old ones...
>>
>>254545985
I would like to fight a low rank Lucent Nargacuga. It would be a cathartic experience. Fucking Lucent Nargacuga.
>>
>>254533538
>FIGHTAN
shit to make more elemental weapons
>USAN
usually rep dat GS, using LS right now, might make some DS as well
>WHAT MASKS YOU WEARAN
fluffy and pincer
>CRAFTAN
EVERYTHING
new mobs, all the new movement shit and NO FUCKING UNDERWATER FIGHTS
>>
File: 1389193615325.jpg (16KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1389193615325.jpg
16KB, 500x375px
>>254545002
Not the first guy, but LR is low-rank, HR is high-rank, and GR is g-rank, which are essentially where monsters get beefed up, made more aggressive/faster, get new attacks, and subspecies come into play

Anyways, Lance/GL are great to use underwater because they've got the shield available to dodge knockdowns/stuns from shockwaves as the monsters dart around the area. Really it mostly cuts down on swimming towards a monster as fast as you can, drawstriking once and maybe getting some followups, the monster deciding it's gonna go WAYYYY over there, you getting knocked down when it moves, then sheathing and chasing it again
The elemental resistances really don't make a lot of sense(I suggest looking at them on Kiranico if you're trying to guess what they are because some are really out there), but the water monsters are all generally weakest to fire, with the only exception I believe being plessy (Who is still 2nd weakest to fire)
Also, Lance/GL feels fairly easy to transition to from SA, but it may just be me
>>
>FIGHTAN
azure rath and pink rathian
>USAN
auberon and zinogre gear
>WHAT MASKS YOU WEARAN
default for kayamba and artillery for cha cha
>CRAFTAN
soul rath gear (need them gems) and plan to make narga gear afterwards
>>
>>254546146
Haven't fought one yet, preparing to do so. Is it that bad?
>>
What weapons are recommended and actually have good controlls? For singleplayer mostly. Im doing switch axe right now and is enjoying it.
>>
>>254545385
That said, element axes typically aren't worth it. I say this as someone who really wants them to be worth it.

I think it's hilarious and sad that they've been doing so well with making the different weapon types balance well in comparison to each other, but are doing so poorly with regards to the actual selection of weapons, although they have quite obviously been trying to make element stronger ever since p3rd, straight up to damage output value nerfs in 4. To quote GaijinHunter, "The horizontal axe attack and upward poke are about 13% weaker, the sword’s attacks are about 7-10% weaker"
>>
Been playing portable 3rd doing the village quests and cant seem to fucking kill zinogre

wat do
>>
>>254546578
>What weapons are recommended and actually have good controlls?
All of them
>>
File: 1405214442693.jpg (705KB, 1094x1544px)
1405214442693.jpg
705KB, 1094x1544px
>>254533538
>FIGHTAN
Nothing. Just completed LR and for now I don't think I have enough motivation to play further.
>USAN
GS, LBG.
>WHAT MASKS YOU WEARAN
Default+ancient for melee and girl+anything for ranged.
>CRAFTAN
Exhaust SA. Last craft was ravager blade and lagia armour.
>LOOKAN FORWARD TO MOST IN 4U...
No, I'm looking forward to MHO.
>>
>>254546578
all weapons are good its just finding what moveset you like most i really like SnS and GS
>>
>>254546539
It's mostly just a regular Nargacuga fight but with invisibility and poison barbs. The invisibility isn't a problem, it's the constant poisoning. It's more annoying than difficult really.

>drink antidote
>get hit by another barb
This happens often
>>
>>254546675
>>254546770

You're both right. It's just me not liking weapons like GS. Other than SA I have tried a tiny bit of the horn thing and some gun lance, but didnt get a whole lot of hang of them.
>>
>>254547193
>just me not liking weapons like GS
You will once you get your first gotcha bitch
>>
>>254547193
I assume you took a look at how to handle the hunting horn and were remembering to play the movement speed and no-bouncing songs.
>>
File: P7100260.png (608KB, 800x489px) Image search: [Google]
P7100260.png
608KB, 800x489px
>>254547175

>mfw I just tanked the whole fucking fight the first time through and killed it without carting
>>
>>254547291
They've all got those now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsQeIKX6XB8
>>
>>254545002
Low Rank and High Rank
I suggest spending a lot of time because on High and G rank monsters have new moves, there are subspecies with new moves, etc. So the more familiar you are with these the better you'll be in the long run.
If you rush through the game you'll find yourself underpowered, under stocked with essential items and you'll feel like a rookie again when you find yourself getting your ass handed to you by Deviljho, Black Diablos, even G rank Jaggi/Baggi/Wroggi which I won't spoil for you but it'll be a big surprise
>>
>>254547461
Holy SHIT this is what I've wanted. Why the fuck couldn't I charge the lance hit before? It would've made perfect sense. Can't fucking wait for 4G.
>>
>>254547696
Counter attacks can be charged. That's about it.
>>
File: 1389231354598.png (39KB, 800x575px) Image search: [Google]
1389231354598.png
39KB, 800x575px
>>254547175
>Farming him for something or another
>About my 10th time fighting him
>Stars align, channel my fury at the RNGods, chakras open
>Get through the entire fight at breakneck speed while i-framing through every attack, every barb launch, every lunge from invisibility, and every single goddamn roar
>Mop the fucking floor with him without taking a single hit
>Still no mantle
Fucking great though
>>
while we are posting mads

http://youtu.be/OmLo3RhwEKU
>>
File: 1401492125792.jpg (66KB, 567x640px) Image search: [Google]
1401492125792.jpg
66KB, 567x640px
>>254547628

>G-Rank Baggi
>>
My 3U for wiiu came in today. No time to play it until this evening though
>>
>>254547291
My first what?

>>254547303
Look at it where? Kiranico? No. I just messed around with it to try and learn it. Whats no-bouncing songs?

>>254547628
Im trying to stock up at as much of everything that I can. What are some things that I really need to stock up on ?
>>
>>254547696
It's a charged counter attack, I mean. All you gotta do is wait and not get hit and you'll do a 50% stab. The only thing that comes close is the chargING attack. After you flash red while performing a lance charging attack, if you stab you'll do a 40% hit.

Every charge hit prior to the stab is worth 16%.
The first two stabs of a triple high stab combo are 22%. The third is 27%.

Just in case you wanted some way to measure this stuff.
>>
>>254548670
>my first what?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa2wMvBvpBc
>>
>>254548307
Baggi #1 since 2013
>>
>>254547461
Wow. How the fuck do I get those drawns? Just progress?
>>
Here is what I would like to happen in MH:

Let the number of times you kill a particular monster be redeemable for a particular part.

For example, if you didn't get a Rath ruby in 15 times of killing a rathian, then you could trade the number of kills for ONE rath ruby.

What do you think about that idea?
>>
>>254548670
Okay. The hunting horn plays notes with every attack. I assumed you noticed that. Every hunting horn has different colour notes associated with it so they all perform a different selection of songs, but every one has two songs that are available on all horns.

If you select your hunting horn in any menu (creation, weapon selection) and look at its stats, you'll notice you can press buttons to turn the page. Turn them to look for the song selection lists. If you load up these notes in those orders, then press R, you'll play the song. Rapidly tap R while playing a song to perform an encore. Song playing counts as an attack, and you can encore to the right and to the left.

All hunting horns have white, or in the higher ranks you can find purple, which is just a better white for the selections of songs you can play with it. White-white (or purple purple) will make you move faster than any other weapon for 3 minutes. If you play it a second time, or encore it, your hammer will never bounce on a monster, although it'll do reduced damage and take a greater decline in sharpness points on any area that it would have bounced on if it didn't have the benefits of the song.
>>
>>254549143
It would definitely make speed kill groups more popular.
>>
>>254548887
Drawns? I don't understand what you're trying to say.
>>
>>254548763
And when do you get those counter attacks/stabs/charging attacks for weapons? Or does only some of them have it? % stab damage or % chance of hit stab?
>>
>>254549278
"--or encore it, your hammer--"
Shit. Your HORN. Your hunting horn.
>>
>>254533538
>tfw could never get into MonHun
>had one of them on PS2, but never got past the first few big enemies
>tried the demo on 3DS but wasn't interested at all
I'm sorry guys
>>
>>254549701
i wouldnt worry about it the game isnt for everyone
>>
>>254549143
Why not make it more challenging by having those 15 kills only redeemable if you solo it in less than 10-15 minutes.
>>
File: mh.gif (391KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
mh.gif
391KB, 300x300px
>>254533538
>FIGHTAN
Gold Ceadeus / Jhen Mohran
>USAN
Hammer
>WHAT MASKS YOU WEARAN
Mock Melynx
>CRAFTAN
Helios X set (just need chest/waist)
Flying
>>
>>254549278
Thanks, I had already picked up on most of it but had no idea about the encore! Thanks!

You might be able to answer this as well, with switch axe, and you switch to the sword and do your..blast..thingy...when does it do damage? Does it do damage if the blade is touching the monster as its building up, or only when it "explodes"?

>>254549416
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsQeIKX6XB8

They looked like drawns/draws(When you draw your weapon and attack, unsheathe attack, idk what its called). But they are counter attacks? gotcha bitch attacks?

Apologies if im confusing
>>
>FIGHTAN
GOLDEN RAJANG
I NEED HORNS

>USAN
DARA AMADYURA BUG STAFF

>WHAT MASKS YOU WEARAN
FELYNES DON'T WEAR MASKS
support felynes, they're nice and I don't need offensive support.

>CRAFTAN
THE RAJANG GS BECAUSE HOLY SHIT THAT DAMAGE

MORE MONSTERS AND G RANK
>>
>>254549278

I've played through mhfu and now playing 3rd and somehow i have never even given the hunting horn a try. Mostly because i'm a lone hunter forever i guess.

Are these buffs actually good enough to be taken over a hammer?
>>
File: 1405320071517.png (986KB, 600x853px) Image search: [Google]
1405320071517.png
986KB, 600x853px
>>
>>254550007

idk, I just think that at that point, you just want the fucking item.
>>
>>254549504
Uh.
Every weapon has a static moveset that never changes, except between games. You will have the same moves available at the beginning of a game as you will at the end.

The lance has a counter attack. If you hold R and press A, you'll perform it. If the enemy hits you with a weak attack, you'll block it and immediately stab. How much damage you do is dependent on how long it charges, although if you wait long enough it'll stab on its own.

No other weapon I can think of has a counter attack like the Lance does.

You're clearly not familiar with how weapon damage works in the game, so I'll spell it out. Those values you see on your weapons? They're bloated numbers, given a multiplier to show off at a glance that "this weapon does more damage per hit than this other weapon does."

But it's more than that. Supposing you do the math to get the actual damage value, you're not actually going to do that much with every hit. Every attack does a percentage of that value. The charged counter stab does 50%. Repeating upwards stabs does 22% for two hits and then 27% for the third.

As long as your weapon makes contact with the monster, it will always deal damage, but that damage is modified by stuff like that, as well as the armour value for the monster, its hitzone resistance values, your sharpness level... these all factor into reducing or increasing your damage.
>>
>>254550326

HH has plenty of solo buffs, but the most useful is the "Run Faster" buff you give to only yourself.

It's like a Hammer, except if Hammer was able to run at full speed at all times while drawn.
>>
>FUCK YOU GUYS, WE'RE HAVING A MONSTER HUNTER THREAD

Oh Anon, you silly retard! There's /vg/ for that!

>>>/vg/

Back to your kennel, bitch.
>>
>>254550656
Plenty of threads up about games that have a general, fuck off
>>
File: Nappa goes into wrestling.png (143KB, 360x259px) Image search: [Google]
Nappa goes into wrestling.png
143KB, 360x259px
>>254550656
>over a hundred posts later

Late ass nigga this is video games, shut up.
>>
File: 1403986860109.gif (4MB, 512x404px) Image search: [Google]
1403986860109.gif
4MB, 512x404px
>>254550482

Every day i wake up and thank all of the gods for the existence of the female kirin armor.
>>
File: narga.png (91KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
narga.png
91KB, 960x720px
why does the narga set look so fabulous
>>
>>254550519
Oh, it just looked like in the youtube video every weapon did an unsheathe attack that knocked the monster down instantly, so I just assumed they all somehow got that kind of attack if you progress.

Didnt know that about the lance, and i wasnt really familiar with the weapon damage, but thanks for explaining it. It all really makes sense , except the bloated numbers(unless you count on it)
>>
>>254550149
see>>254550519
As long as your weapon makes contact and you "feel" a hit and blood is drawn, you are doing damage. There's no magical "% to hit / not get hit" shit in Monster Hunter. What you see is what you get.

"Gotcha bitch" is when you perform a strong attack at the right time (typically a combo finisher or an attack with a long charge time) and interrupt or even kill a monster right before you would get hit. It takes a lot of skill and understanding to perform those, although you may simply get lucky at times if you perform a stupid risk.

Lance is the only weapon with an actual dedicated counter attack.

Some of those may be drawn attacks, but watching the video, most of them aren't.
>>
>>254539227
the poke is low damage but safe, if you dont have an opening to drop a combo then put a couple pokes in for the hell of it.
>>
>>254550326
It plays considerably differently from a hammer, so yeah it's worth it. Longer reach, faster movement, although its attacks typically as strong but it's got a good combo play. Although it seems like it would be a party weapon, it's a totally solid solo weapon all on its own, being in a party only makes it better is all.
>>
File: 1394068112461.jpg (138KB, 1000x707px) Image search: [Google]
1394068112461.jpg
138KB, 1000x707px
Sup guise, I'm thinking of getting 3U but I just want to know how important the Shakalakabuddies ultimately are. Does having them provice significant amount of extra items or god forbid, unique items? Is it even possible to leave them out of hunts? I dislike pygmys and would prefer to hunt full-solo.
Thanks.
>>
>>254551451

They're only required for like two key quests in the village "story" mode.
>>
File: 1406045583974.jpg (152KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1406045583974.jpg
152KB, 500x500px
>FIGHTAN

Duramboros, last quest i need to finish off the 5 stars

>USAN

Switch Axe, have many different kinds

>WHAT MASKS YOU WEARAN

difficult kayamba, grill mask for cha-cha

>CRAFTAN

finishing up Bnahabara armor now, just need to get my hands on a Lagiacrus plate to finish off that armor set

everything

just got into MH3U, only other MH i played was Tri on Wii which i loved. my CPP came in yesterday and i'm loving every minute of it
>>
>>254551213
Does the switch axe have one?
>>
>>254551147
The bloated numbers are just to give you an at-a-glance feeling of "this weapon must do more damage per hit than this weapon." That's all. If they were all somewhere around 204 then there'd be people that think that Dual Blades do do the same as a greatsword but attack faster.

Instead they get the impression that dual blades do 204 with every hit but hit really fast, but greatsword does 1326 with every hit but does really slow, unless they figure out on their own or someone tells them how the damage formula actually works.
>>
>>254551451
They're good
The masks make them have all different type of usefulness from putting down trap to helping to find monsters on the map, etc
Their songs can be useful but it's pretty much left up to the game to decide if it'll heal you now or after you chugged you mega potion
They can carve stuff too so you might just get an extra tail or even a rare gem that you couldn't carve
They're very docile and can die easily so don't rely too much on them
>>
>>254551894
yes

In sword mode you just stick the thing infront of you and it starts charging up, damages whatever it touches slightly and then explodes in the end.
>>
>>254551894
Overhead chop and upswing, the phial burst's explosion.

>>254550149
When you do the sword stab and it starts charging up into an explosion, yes. It does a whole bunch of smaller, weaker hits and then one big explosive strong hit. If you pull in the direction opposite you're stabbing you can end it prematurely and skip straight to the explosion, but it won't be as strong.

It's also important to note that the small hits are great for elemental damage, so they typically add up to the same amount of damage or even more than the explosion, but the explosion is by far the flashiest and the most likely to stagger/flinch and interrupt monsters.
>>
File: Monster Hunter.gif (742KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Monster Hunter.gif
742KB, 500x375px
>>254551451
They're useful to have around, but you can live without them. With the right masks and skills they can carve the monster after the hunt is over or even steal body parts during the hunt (mock melynx). Most important is that they serve as a DISTRACTION since the monster will occasionally focus on them instead of you. Also a source of comedy.

"Me no see monster. Only walking steaks."
>>
Its the guy who has been asking a lot, a lot, of questions in this thread. Just wanna thank everyone for their responses and being patient and explaning things. Gonna go to bed now but im also gonna try out all the things i learned today and try out some new weapons.

Thanks.
>>
>>254533538

>FIGHTAN
L. Narga x infinity apparently

>USAN
Switch-Axe master race.

>WHAT MASKS YOU WEARAN
There are masks other than Pitfall?

>CRAFTAN
Narga why you do this to me...

Wii U port.

Trading stuff would be pretty great but I think it would have a negative impact on overall player skill.
>>
File: 1384884180503.jpg (298KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1384884180503.jpg
298KB, 1600x1200px
>>254552889
I'm going to shock you by saying that I've ever only played Freedom 2 so I'm used to being the only target of the monster's love. Having them focus on someone else actually makes it feel MORE unpredictable to me.
But thanks again for all the replies, I'll figure it out as I go.
>>
>>254554156
It's not shocking at all. That's been a fairly common sentiment for a while. Some players appreciate it when the monster decides to fuck off and attack the companions because then they can go and recover, others not so much.

I suppose it's just your playstyle that matters most. You actually can tell both of your shakalakas to remain in town, but they are handy. For instance, the Fluffy Mask is basically a free psychoserum on a cooldown and when wearing the fluffy mask they will feel so self-conscious that they will never attack the monster, only gather things. Same with the Nulberry mask, although that's more like it makes their personalities too sagely to bother attacking, but it's a free status ailment recovery on cooldown. The Rathalos Mask is a free sonic bomb with some decent offensive power, although they rarely ever gather. Stuff like that. They're pretty customizable and handy if you DO choose to use them.
>>
Rathian is the best!
>>
File: dance.webm (780KB, 1920x1080px)
dance.webm
780KB, 1920x1080px
>>254534187
>i don't know anything about this game
>better talk shit about it
>>
>>254555078
Holy shit that bitrate
>>
>>254554949
Back off, she's MINE
>>
File: Rathalos.jpg (51KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Rathalos.jpg
51KB, 600x450px
>>
File: cuhrayzee ate.webm (1MB, 898x516px)
cuhrayzee ate.webm
1MB, 898x516px
>>254555203
idk why that one came out so shit when my recordings of stuff like pic related look so gud
>>
File: 1397533618856.jpg (46KB, 639x563px) Image search: [Google]
1397533618856.jpg
46KB, 639x563px
>>254555361
>>
So I just bought inferior Wii-U port just to play online.

I still don't have the adaptor to use cable, but I hope I can have fun with random hunters online. I'm pretty good.
>>
>>254556006
I'd call it a sidegrade, rather than a downgrade.
Despite some wonky FPS rates you do end up with much better controls, image and it's comftier.
>>
>>254533538
>HR Los
>Dual Sticks
>Meow and Shit
>Los Mask and Los Dual Sticks
>Online

The exchange rate would have to be carefully made or Capcom would be tempted to lower drop rates even more.

Heck I'm fighting a HR Los because I can't get a fucking plate despite having a shitload of rubies and mantles...
>>
>>254555078
Man a lot of times I regret choosing a male character, I just love the female armors. After 500 hours, should I just make a new character just for the female armors? I might use gunner armor on her
>>
>>254556817

Yes. Remember to make her delicious brown too.
>>
File: duke.webm (79KB, 498x360px)
duke.webm
79KB, 498x360px
>>254533538
>FIGHTAN
Rank 8 stuff, idk
>USAN
Duke Blazin
>WHAT MASKS YOU WEARAN
i switch it up a lot
>CRAFTAN
Giggi X
No sub-marining
>>
>>254533538
>FIGHTAN
ERR'YTHANG
>USAN
SWORD&BOARD is the best
>WHAT MASKS YOU WEARAN
ANCIENT AND ULTIMATE (I'm boring as fuck)
>CRAFTAN
CEADEUS SWORD AND SHIELD PATH
NEW MONSTERS. I'VE ONLY PLAYED TRI AND TRI ULTIMATE SO FAR. GIMME NEW STUFF.

As for trading, I don't think it's a good idea. Everyone would spend a lot of time arranging meet-ups and trades and whatnot, and there will be a lot less actual fighting. I wouldn't mind beefing up some of the drop rates, though. Having rarer items at around 5% would still make them hard to get, but not extremely painful.
>>
>>254556817
There are lots of good female armours, but too many of them feel like "It's male armour, but it exposes more of her skin! Also you can see her face!"

MH4 has done well in making many of the female armours feel like unique designs that actually look nice.
>>
File: thumbs_up.webm (61KB, 316x170px)
thumbs_up.webm
61KB, 316x170px
>>254533945
>kitty masks

i hope you like getting barelled out of any of your charge attacks
>>
File: 1382139774344.jpg (51KB, 699x397px) Image search: [Google]
1382139774344.jpg
51KB, 699x397px
>>254533538
>FIGHTAN
Pink Rathian on G rank for the first time.
>USAN
Anvil Hammer and Rath Soul (High Rank)
>WHAT MASKS YOU WEARAN
Nullberry & Grill
>CRAFTAN
Anything that will raise Sharpness to make stuff easier to kill
Online multiplayer on 3DS, holy shit i can't fucking wait

>How would the ability to trade anything(even those rare drops) with other players change monster hunter?
They would of course have to reduce the droprates by a lot and make the crafts need more materials as well to keep the same rate of making weaps/armor for the players.
That's a slippery slope, next it would ask for a monthly fee for online play etc.
>Would you still play it?
If that's the only change, sure why not?
>>
>>254556817
The male Sand Barioth G rank armor looks freaking amazing.
>>
>>254556581
fuck, that happened to me last time
>want to craft Rathalos' GS
>don't wanna buy the more advanced GS because it'll use more mats than just upgrading from a lower tier
>need a plate
>10 LR Los later and still no plate
I'm glad it takes me like 4 minutes every time, but seriously fuck the drop rates
>>
>>254544756
No HH users in the house?
>>
>>254557137
Not him, but I enjoy getting barreled out of attacks I failed to avoid.
>>
File: 1406077084112.png (207KB, 606x563px) Image search: [Google]
1406077084112.png
207KB, 606x563px
>>254557516
i'm learning, but i got discouraged after not getting the gem i need to make the dios bell+
>>
>>254556946
yes YES I forgot that was a choice
fuck it I'll do it
>>
>>254557254
Makes me wish MH had dual revolvers for weapons.
Seriously, that coat and Wroggi Armor are just asking for it.

Also, Sand Barioth G plus Wroggi hat.

10/10
>>
>>254558081

It's my greatest regret in MH3U that I didn't make her brown.

A mistake I shall not make again in MH4U.
>>
>>254557516
HH fag here, I mainly use Stygian Tristitia, nether sinphony, Sandsoother, Timbral Demolisher and I'm a lonehuntah but if multiplayer the Apocalypso has some good tunes. I heard the Barioth one is decent but haven't gotten around to making it.
>>
Is MH on the Wii U pretty good? I've only played MH, MHF and MHF2. I'd like to play a more recent installment.
>>
>>254558501

I'm not a HHfag but I made the Peco HH because dat big band music.
>>
File: honkhonk.jpg (455KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
honkhonk.jpg
455KB, 1500x1500px
>>254557516
>yfw Emperor's Speech
>>
>FIGHTAN
Some Silver Rath now and then.
>USAN
Mostly Lance and GS
>WHAT MASKS YOU WEARAN
Ultimate and Melynx (or whatever)
>CRAFTAN
Some armor and weapons. Need a Handi Gem
Online. No water combat
>>
>>254560087
>tfw it's a reskin of the Silver Spoon
>tfw it's gonna be worthless
>>
>>254559196
Yeah man it's good. Might be better to go 3DS though because 4U so far is only confirmed for 3DS and 3U is on both.
>>
File: 1320195647930.jpg (2KB, 120x117px) Image search: [Google]
1320195647930.jpg
2KB, 120x117px
>>254560087
Aw yiss

>>254560416
>implying I won't make it and use it anyway
>>
File: 1405418239825.png (235KB, 400x709px) Image search: [Google]
1405418239825.png
235KB, 400x709px
Alatreon too stronk. Shakalaka too useless.
>>
>>254560637
Oh for real. I'll look into the 3DS library some more then and go from there. Thanks anon
>>
>>254561136
No problemo. One thing worth noting is that 3U on 3DS is local only, so if online is important to you for 3U then the WiiU is the better choice. 4U will have online on 3DS though. There's still a small chance 4U will get a WiiU port but I wouldn't expect it when you make you decision.
Thread posts: 204
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.