[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Find out about E.X. Troopers >No localization plans >Came

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 25

File: muh weeb games.jpg (23KB, 185x186px) Image search: [Google]
muh weeb games.jpg
23KB, 185x186px
>Find out about E.X. Troopers
>No localization plans
>Came out two years ago

Fuck /v/. I really want to play this game. Is there a translation or something out there? Do I need one?
>>
No, apparently that would have to swap out the art of the game for localisation which Capcom couldn't be bothered to do. Just import.
>>
PS3 is region free. Get the JP version and enjoy it anyway. There's probably some kind of translation guide you can use to understand the menus.
>>
>>254522137
I'm pretty interested it as well, thank you so much for reminding me. Has anyone played it? Is it fun. Isn't it a Lost plane spinoff or something like that?
>>
File: 02-ex-troopers-4.jpg (150KB, 1280x720px)
02-ex-troopers-4.jpg
150KB, 1280x720px
>>254522790
>>254522437
A little disappointed in the fact that I can't speak runes right now, is it available on the JP PSN? Or do I have to import a physical copy?
>>
>>254523431
Yeah, it is. It's a shame that it didn't do so well over in Japan. Lost Planet 3 was just disapointing, and this looks like it could be my goty easily.
>>
File: 239240-TROOP.jpg (246KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
239240-TROOP.jpg
246KB, 620x350px
>>254524128
I want to make this my favorite game.
>>
>>254524128
It did bad? Do japs not eat this shit up as quick as we do?
>>
>>254524437
Me too ;~;

>>254524663
Japs got lots of games. Can't play them all.
>>
>>254522437
Everything was hardcoded in or some shit. They could localize the game, but that would mean hiring a few artists to redo everything since dialogue/cutscenes are basically comic book style.
>>
>>254524663
It flopped.

Some say that people were ass mad it used assets from Legends 3 and that's why it flopped.
>>
>>254526372
Yeah I heard about that! And they cancelled Legends 3 for it.
>>
>>254526524
I think this game was already in the works before Legends 3 was announced
>>
File: Bell2.jpg (21KB, 165x175px) Image search: [Google]
Bell2.jpg
21KB, 165x175px
>>254522137
The game's menus are generally really easy to deal with, alot of stuff is very well concieved via the visual style, hell even the story cutscenes are done up in such a way that not knowing a shred of japanese you can get the gist of what is happening.

About the only times you would need any japanese knowledge is for the optional objectives for medals, and the Quiz to recruit a dude in post game, and there's guides out there for both.

I adore the game, I play multiplayer on a regular basis, but since it's all japanese dudes it's all at fucked hours where it's too damn later or immediately after I get off my early morning work shift.

Also bell is adorable, and I'm an asshole.
>>
File: 1st1366_768.jpg (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1st1366_768.jpg
1MB, 1366x768px
>>254526372
Yeah, one of the dudes in the game, Gohta, was a character designed for MML3, but then that got canned, and he showed up in this game, and apparantly that riled a bunch of people up into boycotting it.
>>
>>254526925
thanks for this
>>
>>254526925
Wait so the online is still active? Do you play it on PS3 or on 3ds?
>>
>>254527762
PS3, there is no 3DS online since it's local only

PS3 still has a small community of dudes who play pretty reguarly, though something must have happened in the past month since normally you could get in a few hours of deathmatches every day, it's dropped off to a few days of the week, mainly on the weekend, but then again it seems alot of the dudes also play when i would normally be asleep or at work.
>>
>>254526372
>>254526524
The main asset that they supposedly used was the TPS-styled targeting system.

All in all, it was a fun game with several guns to play with, but simply uppercuting, jet kicking, and round house kicking enemies were a blast. And of course, the mech.
>>
>>254528156
And it's cheap as hell to import. I know what I'm going to get from amazon now
>>
File: Bell3.jpg (21KB, 161x172px) Image search: [Google]
Bell3.jpg
21KB, 161x172px
>>254528156
I was actually pretty disappointed by the mech fights, as fun as it looks when you can open a dude up for the FISTS OF FURY combo, it was definately one of the weaker points of the game.

Also learning all the ins and outs of trying to get people juggled into the air in multiplayer was rough, mainly because dudes had to show me very personally the whole "Juggle, shoot, dash into secondary" combo everyone always does with the fire grenades.
I was pretty proud of myself finding out that if you can manage to smash a dude into a wall, they don't have any invulnerability frames before hitting the ground so you can juggle them from that.
>>
This probably would have done better than Lost Planet 3. That flopped everywhere
>>
>>254523639
It should be on the Japanese PSN but it's probably cheaper to get a physical copy at this point
>>
>>254529375
Well the japanese branch of capcom apparantly is just being managed incredibly poorly, so much in fact that every so often over the past 3 or 4 years the american and european branches would make not-so-quiet rumblings about it, hell I think one of the EX-presidents of Capcom USA was trying to push for EX Troopers localization but couldn't convince the japanese branch, and then he essentially started telling news sites "You want this, then give me petitions filled with names to hand off to them", and then he left his position around that point.
>>
>>254529808
Yeah I just got the physical copy for 15. Still haven't opened it yet. I will some day.
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 961x535px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 961x535px
>>254528839
Who's the cute fat girl?
>>
>>254529887
People can't seem to convince the japanese branch higher ups of anything nowadays
>>
File: EXbell1.jpg (169KB, 477x800px) Image search: [Google]
EXbell1.jpg
169KB, 477x800px
>>254530095
Bell, she's probably the last character you can recruit before going into the post game, and not knowing any japanese she was the hardest one to get outside of the QUIZ required dude, mainly because you have to go throughout the bases of the game and find an object in each base to return back to her.

Also if you don't want to be spoiled on costumes/characters, don't watch this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gam6f01jrXI
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 191x234px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 191x234px
>>254530571
She cutie.

Now that just makes me mad the game well never came out over here. It did look very interesting.
>>
>>254530904
Import it, it's really easy to understand and play even without being able to read most of what's being said in it, also it's incredibly cheap, you can probably get it for under 30 dollars.
>>
>>254531168
I just might do that.
>>
File: EXWizGamma.jpg (62KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
EXWizGamma.jpg
62KB, 768x1024px
Does anyone here actually own this, I wouldn't mind having more people to play multiplayer with, none of the japanese dudes seem to like doing Capture the Post matches.
>>
>>254527217

Seeing this image makes me sad we'll never see this game in the states. I can understand it might have used MML3 assets but the game still looks bright as fun as shit. Fucking Capcom
>>
File: EXTroop1st.jpg (308KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
EXTroop1st.jpg
308KB, 512x512px
>>254532994
Seriously, just import it, I can't stress how easy every bit of the game is to understand, there was some really excellent detail put into the visuals that allow you to just figure it all out pretty naturally. I know I was mad about realizing it would never come out, but then I finally caved and just imported it, and I'll say straight up, perhaps one of the best games Capcom had put out this past generation, and it's the only game I've bothered to get platinum on.
I probably platinum'd the game in 45 hours, and I'm still playing multiplayer and I believe the latest clock on my save file is over 180 hours. I have not once been bored with my time on it, it's just so much fun.
>>
This basically just looks the same as Lost Planet 3, in regards to how it treated the franchise.

It's just Japanese flavor instead of Western flavor.

It might actually be good, but I have no respect for its disregard towards an under-appreciated franchise.
>>
>>254533795
It really is Lost Planet The Highschool Anime, but they go in such a weird direction with it that it's goofy in pretty much the same way Lost Planet 2 was. There's still a bunch of emote stuff but it's all character specific. Also they use T-Eng as butter on food. Think about that.
>>
>>254533795

Lost Planet has always been japanese flavor in terms of gameplay. EX Troopers follows suit. Lost Planet 3 doesn't. I can respect it more because it IS a spin-off and not a sequel.
>>
>>254534471

Not what I meant.

LP1 and 2 existed in a weird place, it wasn't western enough for western audiences and wasn't Japanese enough for Japanese audiences.

LP3 tried going in one direction to fix that, EX Troopers tried going in the other, and both games threw everything about their predecessors out the window to do it.
>>
>>254535013
LP3 was just bad all around, not just from a style standpoint, because, there should have been VSs in the game when it was only about 50 years or so before the first LP story, but also gameplay was really scaled back and generic as fuck.

EX Troopers tries to retain some of the trappings to the series, but is still it's own thing and luckily isn't garbage like LP3 was. Really the only thing more I could have wanted from EX Troopers was more and better VS combat, more emotes, and swimsuit costumes for the Nevec troopers.
>>
>>254532835
I own the game, but I don't think I've ever played multiplayer. I just assumed it was dead already, but I'll dive right back in if more people on /v/ get interested and import the game.
>>
>>254535013
>LP3 tried going in one direction to fix that, EX Troopers tried going in the other, and both games threw everything about their predecessors out the window to do it.

Only EX Troopers didn't do this at all. It's the same Lost Planet with just MORE Japanese flavor than the previous two games via it's visual aesthetic. It's gameplay is a LOT more faithful to the style of gameplay offered in Lost Planet 1 and 2 with enough changes and tweaks to make it slightly more action oriented.
>>
File: NEVEC.jpg (434KB, 711x827px) Image search: [Google]
NEVEC.jpg
434KB, 711x827px
>>254536213
Man, just give me a time and I'll fuckin' BE THERE.

JOIN NEVEC TODAY
>>
>>254533646
I really like this, game. Pure fun. I just wish I knew japanese to understand some parts in the story, something I didn't mind until the fucking ending that hyped me up.
>>
File: img_ar_marker06.jpg (147KB, 744x1185px) Image search: [Google]
img_ar_marker06.jpg
147KB, 744x1185px
>>254536403
I do need to get around unlocking that guy you apparently find in post game. I had no idea he existed, haven't explored too much in post game, I just did VR missions.
>>
>>254536814
Which guy, as far as I can recall it's just the teachers and WIZ AIs you can recruit post game, and I'm pretty sure it's Regis that you need to do the QUIZ for.
>>
>>254535437
>>254536298

The game being good or not was besides the point, I even acknowledged that it could be a good game on its own merits.

>It's gameplay is a LOT more faithful to the style of gameplay offered in Lost Planet 1 and 2 with enough changes and tweaks to make it slightly more action oriented.

No, fuck you, Lost Planet is already plenty action oriented. You can't even fucking pick where you want to grapple onto in EX Troopers. That can fuck right off, they could have made this game be anything else but apparently coming up with a new IP instead of bastardizing an existing one is too fucking hard.
>>
>>254536996
Al of those, apparently. I literally just dived into the VR missions after finishing the game and haven't explored the hubs anymore. I guess I'm going back to this game.
>>
>>254537087
Yeah, you can't pick where you can grapple to, that's definately a bummer, but the game's levels aren't really built with verticality in mind anyways, so it's a moot point really, if they were actually calling it LOST PLANET: GAIDEN or some shit then maybe I would be a bit more put off myself.
>>
>>254537342
If you missed it, make sure you check around the lobby area of Tech Base, the one with the black and red gun motiff going on, there's a small exit that's easy to miss in the floor off to the side in it that leads to a dude who unlocks the limiter on your weapon upgrades and gives you the satellite laser, Doombringer.
>>
>>254537087

>Bastardizing an IP
>a complete spin-off
>Isn't even called "Lost Planet" in it's main title

Nah, you're irrationally buttmad bullshit can fuck right off. You sound like you're TRYING to be mad over nothing at this point.
>>
>>254537897
He's just mad because the spinoff is a WAY fucking better game than the series it was based on.
>>
>>254533646
I wanna get this game, but is multiplayer dead?

??????????????????????????
>>
File: Bell1.jpg (21KB, 165x172px) Image search: [Google]
Bell1.jpg
21KB, 165x172px
>>254538007
There's still a small community for it, but it's all japanese and I don't speak the language, but they seem to still host games every other day or so, and I like to try to get in any time I can with it so i check to see if anyone's playing at certain times daily.

It's mainly just finding out when people like to play it and trying to check if anyone is hosting after you get a feel for the times. I sometimes will end up hosting early afternoon my time but I barely get any takers since it's usually after midnight in japan.
>>
>>254538007
>>254528018
>>
>>254529887
Do you think if we made a petition for the game and got a large amount of people to sign it that they'd change their minds?

Capcom only thinks in dollars, not whether or not the mechanics will please the fans. That's why they're considering ruining the SF by making SF5 pay to win.

So I think it might not be out of the question.
>>
I pre-ordered this for 3DS. Imagine my shock when it was half price a week after its release. I wasn't that mad though; it's an amazing game. I wish they'd release the full OST so I don't have to go to the in-game music player every time I want to listen to the game's ridiculously good soundtrack.
>>
>>254539330
>That's why they're considering ruining the SF by making SF5 pay to win.

that was de-confirmed a long time ago
>>
>>254539330
At this point, no. With all their financial troubles lately I imagine they are gonna be extra unreceptive to any advice from their other branches, and they sound like they just want to make the move to mobile for the most part anyways, sooooo... do whatever you want. Even if it doesn't get localized, you can drum up support for the game at the very least, having some more people import it to see what's up would be victory enough at this point.
>>
>>254539592
Shit. My bad. I don't keep too up to date on the community, I just remember having a good laugh at Crapcom when it was rumored.
>>
>>254539689
If it's gauranteed money would they turn it down though? I mean if enough people sign it and are legitimately interested in buying the game, would they turn it down?
>>
art style looks cool
but i saw gameplay vid and its like 12 fps when action starts and its a generic third person shooter
>>
>>254540196
But who's gonna sign it? 14 people on 4chan?
>>
>>254540272
People genuinely interested in it. You can get anything to sell if you hype it up enough. Fuck, you could practically advertise this game better than Capcom if you played it right.
>>
>>254540196
Petitions don't translate to dollars though, shit like that is what drove a few film companies down when they asked people what they wanted, and they petitioned for something, they give them what they want, and no one buys it.

Petitions might guage interest, but at the same time capcom has no idea how to market it, and probably wouldn't, so it would be left to word of mouth which isn't worth risking.

Also the idea of "This anime game bombed in japan, should we ship it to america where they actively hate anime?" is all that needs to be asked.
>>
>>254540269
What? Were you watching footage of the 3DS version, there's only like two or three levels I can think of that the FPS dies at the start on PS3.
>>
>>254540269
Lies. The game runs at silky smooth 60 fps (at least on 3DS, and I don't see why PS3 would be any different). No one's saying the game is anything revolutionary, it is pretty much a generic tps, but it has so much style it can get away with it.
>>
A game I might've actually wanted from Capcom, and it's not going to be localized and the 3DS is fucking region-locked so I can't play it without a Japanese 3DS. Great plan, guys!
>>
>>254540603
But they only hated it because of the whole Megaman Legends 3 shit. No one knows about that shit here. The question is whether or not people like the Lost Planet series enough or not, not if they like anime enough. PS2 made people shit themselves in pure joy, and that had tons of anime styled games.
>>
File: 1270247096701.jpg (61KB, 320x304px)
1270247096701.jpg
61KB, 320x304px
>>254541143
>>
Fucking great game, imported it for my JP 3DS and enjoyed every bit.

Really need to get the PS3 version for online play sometime.
>>
>>254541143
What? What the fuck are you talking about, I'm saying if there's FPS drops it was PROBABLY on the 3DS version, there's rarely big FPS drops on PS3 and they are at set points on certain levels, or if you are in the center of a Burst Bomb.
>>
>>254541143
Not either of them, but seriously what are you on about? Please don't bring this here.

>>254540782 even says that it runs silky smooth on the 3DS.

Always with the shitstir
>>
>>254540603
No, but they should ship it to Europe where people actively love anime.
>>
>>254541502
>Europe
>Getting any Japanese games
>Ever

Fuck man I always feel bad for you guys because even when a game gets translated it doesn't always get to you.
>>
>>254541249
Lost planet 2 was panned by critics because it wasn't like Gears of War 2, and because of the priority of having to follow through with any action you do instead of constantly being able to break out of animations to do something else. People seem to hate having to wait for them to get out of a roll or being tossed through the air from an explosion. But yeah, people in the english community for the most part only recall LP1 with any reverence, and shit on LP2 unfairly, hell I think LP3 was lauded more than LP2 in america, so take that for what you will.
>>
>>254541759
Are you high or do you just not know what you're talking about?
>>
File: extroopers (2).jpg (184KB, 640x384px) Image search: [Google]
extroopers (2).jpg
184KB, 640x384px
>an honest-to-god E.X. Troopers thread on /v/

Shit, I've tried to do this back when it was coming out. I've been fascinated with it since its announcement cuz of how fucking good it looks, and I'm STILL amazed Capcom couldn't bother to do the work to bring this over.

It would've sold better than LP3, Remember Me, and DmC combined that's for sure.

And dat soundtrack:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaKnGkEQSXY

Where did you guys import from? I think I'll place my order soon.
>>
>>254542723
I got it from play-asia, but you can probably get it cheaper from Amazon at this point.
>>
>>254542723
Japan
>>
>>254540991
Do you have a PS3?
>>
>>254542723
It's cheap as hell on Amazon
>>
>>254542723
Got it from Play-Asia last year, I think I paid around $50 with shipping. Probably cheaper in other places at this point.
>>
File: 535515464.gif (20KB, 199x149px) Image search: [Google]
535515464.gif
20KB, 199x149px
>>254542842
>>
>>254542723
It's $28 on Play-Asia, $24 on Amazon, and $19 on Nippon-Yasan. Take your pick.
>>
>>254543314
$16 on Amazon UK
>>
>>254543534
>Amazon UK
>$
>>
File: EX-Troopers-logo.jpg (105KB, 600x345px) Image search: [Google]
EX-Troopers-logo.jpg
105KB, 600x345px
>>254542723
I really wish they'd fucking localize this shit I know you guys have said that it isn't hard to understand without a translation but I just want 100% of the experience.

I loved the fucking shit out of LP:EC and LP2 and this just looks like so much fucking fun, it sounds great, and it looks great and I'm super mad
>>
>>254543623
£9.50
You happy now?
>>
File: EXTroopChristmas.jpg (77KB, 480x854px) Image search: [Google]
EXTroopChristmas.jpg
77KB, 480x854px
>>254543653
Best learn some moon then, I'm fairly certain capcom isn't gonna do anything more with EX Troopers outside of stuff based around it's music, and Lost Planet as a series is being buried after LP3.
>>
>>254545008
s-so kawaii
>>
File: extroopers.jpg (380KB, 1013x850px) Image search: [Google]
extroopers.jpg
380KB, 1013x850px
>>254543314
>>254543050
>>254542997
>>254542802

Thanks bros. I'll be E.X. Troopin' soon.
>>
>>254546852
What timezone is everyone on, I want to know when I can look for people on this.
>>
>>254547391
Actually, for anyone who wants to play, I'll be hosting tonight, maybe sometime within the next hour I'll set up a versus match. If you have it hop on then.
>>
>>254547391
EST here.
>>
File: 1383090432707.gif (953KB, 463x352px) Image search: [Google]
1383090432707.gif
953KB, 463x352px
>$15 with Amazon Prime shipping
Dude what
Bought so hard. Thank you, random thread.
>>
File: 1232`4`2342.jpg (79KB, 717x495px) Image search: [Google]
1232`4`2342.jpg
79KB, 717x495px
I have it, never played multiplayer.
I'm at point right now where I can't really figure out what to do though.
>>
>>254552313
Well generally, the game railroads by just having you talk to people until you can access the next mission. But if you don't mind, just hop on in like 20 - 30 minutes, see if we can't get a game going
>>
>>254552498
I'm not in the main building anymore, I'm in like a smaller area with what looks like a big lecture room at one end of it.
>>
>>254552798
Wait, you mean at the beginning of the game? Cause there's 3 diffrent bases and and they all have the same set up, a main hall, an armory, a lecture hall connected to bathrooms, and the place where the teacher of the base would be at. Usually talking to the teacher and looking around on the map for anyone with exclamation marks above their head would set off the next event, though there was ONE part I remember in particular that didn't hightlight the dude to talk to, and that's at the second/frontier base, it was some random NPC dude in the lecture hall you needed to talk to.
>>
>>254553691
That last part is probably where I am. I haven't played much of it, and haven't played it in a while.
I need to get on that shit.
>>
>>254554157
Well anyways, to access multiplayer, go to the main hall and access the WIZ AI pillar, the first ICON with the Star on the next menu is the VR option, and the next Three options are Offline, Online, and Versus.

Accessing any of the online stuff will bring up two new options, one to host a match (House icon) and one to search for a match, bringing up either will bring up a bunch of weird options you can set up for privatising a room or whatever, don't touch em and just search/host.

Just all for future reference. You select missions for co-op at the AI inside the VR room, and for Versus you hit a certain button to bring up the menu to set up versus matches.
>>
>>254542118

I will say while I do love LP2 to death and had a LOT of awesome co-op experiences with friends in that game. Playing it solo in offline mode was a nightmare (particuarly on higher difficulties) and it was primarily because of the extremely brutal checkpoint system of the game and it's chapters.
>>
File: CyberTerrorYotsuba.png (269KB, 448x480px) Image search: [Google]
CyberTerrorYotsuba.png
269KB, 448x480px
For anyone interested, I've started hosting a versus match, see if we can't have some fun going here, if people join I might host it for the next couple of hours.
>>
File: KoalaFear.jpg (38KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
KoalaFear.jpg
38KB, 500x667px
>>254556063
Anyone? Did I get all built up to play this for nothing?
>>
>>254557494
I'm not playing with a retard who gives faggy names to every image he saves.
>>
>>254557494
I just don't play games online.
Sorry anon.
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.