[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to play something unique. Got anything to recommend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 17

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
I want to play something unique.

Got anything to recommend me /v/?

Pic related was very enjoyable for me, I've never played a game like that.
>>
File: Child_of_Eden[1].jpg (34KB, 250x295px) Image search: [Google]
Child_of_Eden[1].jpg
34KB, 250x295px
Please respond.

Pic related was also great for me.
>>
I can't really think of anything. I enjoyed Catherine a lot. Do you mean unique in terms of gameplay?
>>
>>253926723
Yeah, something that isn't similar to anything else. I've been playing games since the early nineties so basically I've played pretty much anything at least once, and now I get the most enjoyment out of very unique games.

I even enjoyed Heavy Rain more than usual beacuse I had never played anything like that.

Pic is another game I liked a lot.
>>
>>253927250
I like your tastes man.
Have you played Nier? The gameplay is a bit bland but they try out a few genres throughout the course of the game The music and story are very interesting too.
>>
>>253925702
Games that are entirely unique?

I know a bunch of these! What consoles do you have and how much Japanese do you know? I'll start with this one, but these are the kinds of games I hunt down, so I know tons.
>>
>>253927575
I played it and it was god awful.
>>
File: 256px-Gunvalkyriecover[3].jpg (32KB, 256x363px) Image search: [Google]
256px-Gunvalkyriecover[3].jpg
32KB, 256x363px
>>253927780
Best game on the original Xbox coming through:
>>
>>253927780
Ps3, Wii, modern PC, PSP, flagship android phone, and of course emulators.
>>
File: Stretch_Paic_Japan[1].jpg (45KB, 346x500px) Image search: [Google]
Stretch_Paic_Japan[1].jpg
45KB, 346x500px
>>253927780
>>253927902
Or how about Stretch Panic on the PS2? Short and pretty easy, but considering how cheap it is, this game is AWESOME. Great music and visuals, creative gameplay unlike anything else, and it's just a total whacked-out trip.
>>
Jet Set Radio is pretty unique. I'd say Tearaway and LittleBigPlanet are too, the gameplay isn't quite there but they're really charming.
>>
File: deception-iv-box-art[1].jpg (62KB, 536x616px) Image search: [Google]
deception-iv-box-art[1].jpg
62KB, 536x616px
>>253927967
>>253927902
>>253927780
Perfect. Knights in the Nightmare is also on the PSP, by the way. I can guarantee you've never played anything else like it.

Let me do a couple of PS3 games then. Ever heard of the Deception series? Really cool games that I would say really nail their own genre. Imagine a super personal dungeon keeper where you manually place traps, then lure enemies into them using yourself as bait. You don't have any other means of defense. If you get good enough, you can turn them into insane rube goldberg type torture/killing machines. But it's also tough as nails.

There's nothing else quite like it.
>>
>>253928489
Resonance of Fate is a cool game. Unique JRPG with very mathematical combat and gameplay. Great writing, too.
>>
>/v/ actually discusing good games
Im impressed.
>>
File: umiharakawaseshun-cover[1].jpg (285KB, 1230x1250px) Image search: [Google]
umiharakawaseshun-cover[1].jpg
285KB, 1230x1250px
>>253928636
And have you ever played an Umihara Kawase game? There's a reason they're so respected all across the internet. I'm sure you know what they are, but chances are, you haven't actually tried them yet. But I will have you know they are some of the catchiest and most fun games I've ever played.

The original is on SNES, and Shun is on PS1. So both are easily emulated, and both are equally fantastic games.
>>
>>253928082
Sorry, forgot to mention I know nothing of Japanese.

>>253928489
Thanks, I'll look them up.

>>253928636
I had this one on my radar but I heard the story is really bad so I decided to not get it.

>>253928862
I'll look up if they have an english patch.
>>
File: Killer7boxnew[1].jpg (75KB, 256x327px) Image search: [Google]
Killer7boxnew[1].jpg
75KB, 256x327px
>>253928862
This is another more popular one, but Killer 7 is a game that really doesn't have any equal.

Yeah, it's mainly story-based, and it's most definitely very flawed. But everything about it is a 100% unique acid trip through hell, and it's funny to boot. Excellent soundtrack by Masafumi Takada, and the best visuals of a Suda game to date (though competing with Killer Is Dead). Fantastic game.

>>253929071
Stretch Panic was released in America, and Umihara Kawase has no dialogue whatsoever. You do not need a translation patch for them.
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 500x283px
>>253928390
Also I'll add that Tearaway even has a site you can hook your game up to, and if you take a picture of something in the game you'll get instructions to make it in real life.
>>
The battle network series is pretty good and uses grid based real time combat
>>
File: gain_ground_us_1053[1].jpg (253KB, 456x650px) Image search: [Google]
gain_ground_us_1053[1].jpg
253KB, 456x650px
>>253929350
>>253929071
Alright, a couple more.

Gain Ground on the Sega Genesis. Very fascinating game. It's SORT of like a run n gun, SORT Of a strategy game, but not really quite either. It's very slow-moving, and the idea is that you start with three characters, and can choose between them at will at the start of every stage. You have to rescue new characters on the battlefield and take them to the exit to recruit them, and you finish levels by defeating every enemy on a screen. But there's a ton of different character types, and movement is very slow so it's not actually action-oriented. It's all about studying patterns and finding the best opportunity for making advancements. It's hard to explain how cool it is without actually playing it.

Very difficult game.

Also notable for letting you take a cyborg with a 5-way rocket launcher to the middle ages, and fuck up sandworms and samurai and medieval knights with them.
>>
>>253930027
I'll look into that. I never had the genesis, also I wanted to start the Sonic series.
>>
File: Contact_boxart.jpg (39KB, 500x441px) Image search: [Google]
Contact_boxart.jpg
39KB, 500x441px
this was a pretty unique rpg
>>
>>253928489
is the vita version of Deception IV good

If there's framerate drops or long loads dont lie just tell me, if not ill get that instead of ps3
>>
File: oN2hJa2[1].jpg (87KB, 778x584px) Image search: [Google]
oN2hJa2[1].jpg
87KB, 778x584px
>>253930027
Forgot to mention the other key feature -- if you let a character die, they're gone forever. So your strategies have to keep adjusting throughout the entire game.

>>253931130
Yep. Having played both versions (pic related is my collection), I would say the Vita version is actually the superior of the two. The PS3 version doesn't take advantage of the hardware, and it's clear that it was a vita game upscaled to PS3 instead of the other way around. They both run at the same frame rate, and I don't remember loading times being intrusive at all.
>>
>>253930680
Not OP but I was disappointed by the ending. Still an interesting game though.
>>
>>253931460

How's the difficulty?
>>
>>253931460
thank you very much, gunna order it now actually
>>
>>253931730
Brutal. You really have to know what you're doing by the time you reach the halfway point or you're fucked. A lot of reviews gave it bad scores for this because they couldn't manage doing more than one thing at a time, and had to rely on spamming cheap and boring attacks that don't reward you with anything.

>>253931847
Hope you enjoy! It's one of my favorite series.
>>
hotline miami
>>
>>253928682
The story isn't bad, it's just... Extremely subtle. You know how you can wait at a title screen in some games and see the opening/a cutscene? Doing that in RoF is the only way to see TWO consecutive, mandatory cutscenes that reveal the plot. Withou seeing them, you'll be confused as fuck.
>>
>>253932635
Meant to reply to >>253929071
>>
>>253927902

Ma nigga, didn't ever expect anyone on /v/ with some taste.

Fucking Xbox man, it had so many unique titles. Back when developers actually experimented a little.
>>
>>253933337
Really, most of those were just remnants of the dreamcast though. So many of those titles were intended to be DC games, or were sega-developed either way.

If you have a capture card, you should totally upload some footage of GV to youtube, because absolutely nobody on the internet who's uploaded gameplay knows how to play the fucking game. there are several videos of people who cannot jump past the first ledge you have to boost to in the very first level.
>>
File: Deadly Premonition GOTY.jpg (701KB, 618x800px) Image search: [Google]
Deadly Premonition GOTY.jpg
701KB, 618x800px
>Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut (360/PS3/PC)
Pic related

>Gitaroo man (PS2)
Fucking awesome rythm game, like a EBA for PS2.

>EDF2025 (360/PS3)
Just in case you don't know the series: Starship Troopers + old school alien movies + destructive environment + hilarious everything. This games is fun as hell. Actually my personal GOTY.

>The Red Star (PS2)
Beat 'em up AND shoot 'em up.

>>253927250
You should take a look at Farenheit, trust me. Half way the story gets stupid, but the game itself it's pretty fun actually and has pretty intense sequences.
>>
>>253933630
>Deadly Premonition
great.

>gitaroo man
awesome game, but nothing like EBA.

>edf2025
10/10 series

>the red star
boring beat em up mixed with boring shoot em up. And they're my two favorite genres.
>>
File: Mamorukun-Curse-Nowa.jpg (261KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
Mamorukun-Curse-Nowa.jpg
261KB, 1000x800px
I don't know if the demo is still up at the Japanese PSN Store, but Mamorukun Curse! (Mamoru-kun has been cursed!) is a pretty fun and colorful shoot 'em up with some exploration elements, meaning that you WALK and take paths.
I fucking suck at these games but I still had a blast.
Nowa best girl.
>>
>>253925702
Try Portal. That game is truly unique.
>>
Two rather unique action games from my youth. Crisis City is a 3D one-on-one focused shooter for PS1 that has bullets travelling at a slow speed and emphasis on evading those shots.
Silent bomber is a fast paced action game for PS1 as well where the focus is on taking down enemies using bombs you plant on them. You can only plant a certain number of bombs before you're forced to detonate. I haven't played either in years but I think they'd be fun to try out.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.