[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
I took the smash 4 demo roster and duplicated...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 498
Thread images: 64
File: 1402897160563real.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1402897160563real.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
I took the smash 4 demo roster and duplicated the icons while keeping them the same size. I added all veterans from Brawl except Squirtle, Ivysaur and Snake. Exactly 47 characters fit in.

I think we'll get an extra collumn of characters, expanding the roster to 51.

So, name 4 characters that will join Smash 4 or name 5 characters that will join Smash 4 and cut 1 veteran.

Protip: There's no reason to cut ROB
>>
>>253742582

Cut Ice Climbers

K.Rool
Ridley
Mewtwo
Zero
Dr. Robotnik
>>
>>253742789
>Ice Climbers

Why the fuck would you cut the Ice Climbers.

>Zero
>Robotnik

Ah Is see you have brain damage
>>
>>253742582

K. Rool
Ridley
Andy
Chorus Men

Perhaps cut Lucas for Sceptile
>>
>>253742967

Zero is the best character in the Megaman franchise.

Robotnik is awesome.

Ice Climbers are a relic that no one remembers and I don't like them.

This isn't rocket science, Anon.
>>
>>253743317

Not only are Zero and Robotnik shitty characters on their own, but they also shit up the roster by being secondary characters from third party games.

The Ice climbers are main antagonists of a first party game and they actually play fun and original, so there's no reason to cut them.

Also, you should go back to Miiverse
>>
File: It's a pie.png (446 KB, 866x575) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
It's a pie.png
446 KB, 866x575
>>253742582
>Keeping Lucas up there
Why? He's not coming back.
>>
>>253743317
Megaman is the best character in the Megaman franchise, the only people who like Zero are faggy teenagers.

You wouldn't get Robotnik, you'd get Eggman who is autistic as the rest of the Sonic cast.

OH I SEE You don't like Ice Climbers. Well hey that's as good a reason as any other!

You have shit taste.

As for the rest of this thread it's stupid, the roster icons will change size to accommodate all new characters. Judging from the demo is stupid.
>>
>>253743642

The cut him, smartass.
Did you even read OPs post?
>>
>>253743593
>Antagonist
Are you fucking autistic?
>>
Ridley
K. Rool
Mewtwo
Hades
>>
>>253743792
>Megaman is the best character in the Megaman franchise
X, Trigger, and Zero are better.

>you'd get Eggman who is autistic as the rest of the Sonic cast.
How in the world is Eggman "autistic"?

>>253743849
>The cut him, smartass.
I know he's cut. So why is he in OP's image?
>>
>>253743875

Yeah I meant protaginist, sorry
>>
>>253743065
>Sceptile
Holy shit, SCEPTILE IS NOT GOING TO GET IN. Completing the type triangle doesn't mean JACK SHIT.
>>
>>253743593

Zero is the main character of a bunch of games and gets more character development than X. And he's awesome. You can debate that if you like, but you're wrong.

Robotnik/Eggman is a central character to every sonic game. He is kinda shitty in the early games, but later on he's great and there is certainly a lot of variety they could go with for his moves.

Either one of them has more fans than Ice Climber ever did or ever will.
>>
>>253743953
>I know he's cut

I meant to say "then cut him"

Still, read OPs post
>>
>>253743065
>cut lucas
>add my delusional selections andy and sceptile
>>
>>253743317
Suck a dick, they are now part of Smash Bros.
>>
>>253743792

>The only people who like Zero are faggy teenagers

I don't disagree that classic Mega Man is best but hating on Zero? Are you kidding me?

Next thing you know I'm gonna start seeing people hating on Diddy Kong.
>>
File: 1393936055851.jpg (82 KB, 300x321) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1393936055851.jpg
82 KB, 300x321
>people still cut lucas after lucina being confirmed and gematsu dead
LUCARIO IS GETTING CUT
TOON LINK IS GETTING CUT
IKE IS GETTING CUT
>>
>>253744074
>>253744074
>Zero is the main character of a bunch of games and gets more character development than X.

Theyre also both much less iconic then the original Megaman

>>253744074
>And he's awesome
Not really. He's just Megaman with some Goku shit slapped on him.

>Robotnik/Eggman is a central character to every sonic game.

Im pretty sure thats Sonic
>>
The last two games didn't go all the way to the edge of the screen nor have a complete bottom row, why does everyone think this one will?
>>
>>253744207

The gematsu link specifically mentioned that lucas was cut
>>
>>253744101

Whats so delusional about Andy?
>>
>>253743981
As long as you're not some 'Game Theory' fag that tries to make Ice Climbers the villains because they 'invade and destroy the polar bear's home' then all is forgiven.

>>253743953
>Edgy Megaman clones are better than the original
Sure thing bud.
>How is Eggman 'autistic'?
Well read that aloud and answer your own question. Or you can read any of his dialog he's been given since he became Eggman, but if you really want something good go watch some Sonic Boom.
>>
>>253744158
I've always hated on Diddy Kong. Faggot ass monkey, don't want to have to see him in Smash nor Mario Kart.
>>
>>253742582
Miis share a spot with Random, or something like that. Assuming that's true people should be naming 5 newcomers or 6 and cut one vet.
Cut Falco
Put in
K Rool
Mach Rider
Lip
Rhythm Heaven rep
Black Shadow with Gandondorf's old moveset, while Ganondorf gets new one.
>>
>>253744158
Except Diddy Kong isn't Donkey Kong with an attitude and laser sword.
>>
>>253744358
The IP is fucking death, IS' fire emblem has four reps now.
>>
>>253744321
And it's still false now, it said shulk was getting revealed on monday and that chrom was a playable character
>>
>>253744502
>Miis share a spot with Random

Dont change the rules faggot

>>253744502
>Black Shadow with Gandondorf's old moveset, while Ganondorf gets new one.

Stop this. Samurai Goroh is ten times more deserving to get in before Black Shadow. Why the fuck would you force him in just to have someone continue Ganondorfs old moveset? They didnt do that with other cut clones. Just get rid of the old moveset.
>>
>>253744207
>LUCARIO IS GETTING CUT
Still relevant with Mega Evolutions
>TOON LINK IS GETTING CUT
Still relevant with Wind Waker HD
>IKE IS GETTING CUT
Still relevant with Fire Emblem Awakening

inb4
>B-BUT RELEVANCY DOESN'T MATTER IN SMASH
For retro reps, where that's the point, and veterans who have returned before, it doesn't, but in all other cases it does.

>>253744380
>>Edgy
None of those characters are edgy in the slightest.
>>
>>253744625
>The IP is fucking death

So is Mother, Ice Climbers, F-ZeroMetroid
>>
>>253744741
I'm not changing any rule that's what I've been hearing here so that's what I thought. Didn't they say something about the Mii's spot at E3 or something?
And while Ganondorf needs to have an original moveset you can't deny that Falcondorf was fun as fuck to play as.
>>
>>253744387

>Being this unfun
>>
>>253744741

Not that guy, but it's confirmed that when you have Miis enabled they occupy the Random slot.
>>
>>253744763
>Still relevant with Fire Emblem Awakening
That didn't make him relevent, specially when he was only selectable as a minor character with others INCLUDING ROY
And he doesn't take a main papel in awakening, and he was dlc too.
>>253744837
A mother and a F-zerocharacter was selected because mother was relevant at it's time
Ice climber because it's a classic and it's a retro character
>metroid
You are fucking stupid
Other M was one of the last titles launched for the Wiii U and miyamoto it's planning to make a 3d one and a 2d one
>>
>>253744741
>Samurai Goroh is ten times more deserving
And why is he deserving? What makes you decide he deserves a spot on the roster?
>>
>>253744961

Source
>>
Dark Pit
Chorus Boys
Shulk
Sceptile

Cut Lucas and replace with Dixie Kong, playing it safe with these picks.
>>
>>253745103

>And why is he deserving?

He appeared in the original F-Zero games, unlike Black Shadow. He's also more popular and has more moveset potential.

>What makes you decide he deserves a spot on the roster?

Im not saying he should be in, but he should be in before Black Shadow and he certainly should be in before a reason to keep a cloned moveset.
>>
>>253745245
See>>253743996
>>
Why is Ness smoking a blunt
>>
File: IMG_1727.jpg (3 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_1727.jpg
3 MB, 4608x3456
>>253744158
I hate Diddy Kong because he's one of the only actual Monkey characters (as opposed to gorillas) and yet he's the stereotypical "smart guy" while Donkey is the "dumb guy." It's fucking bullshit, in real life gorillas are fucking leagues ahead of monkeys in intelligence. Gorillas can recognise themselves in mirrors, monkeys can't, gorillas can construct tools, monkeys can only vaguely flail around with sticks, two gorillas have been taught rudimentary SIGN language for fucks sake. You can just tell they had to throw a bone to the primate SJWs to make the game series seem fair and balanced to all species because GOD FORBID you admit that gorillas are both stronger AND smarter than monkeys. But OOH NO, THAT'S NOT EQUAL. WHO CARES IF IT'S SCIENTIFICALLY, DEMONSTRABLY TRUE, WE CAN'T HURT THE MONKEYS FEEEEELINGS
>>
File: 1344970975861.png (16 KB, 670x543) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1344970975861.png
16 KB, 670x543
>>253745312

Shut up about Goroh.

He is a confirmed Assist Trophy once again. Get over it.

The most we'd see out of a new F-Zero rep is Black Shadow replacing Captain Ganondorf and you fags all fucking know it deep down in your hearts.
>>
>>253745460
>He is a confirmed Assist Trophy once again.

Yes, so Black Shadow will not be in.

Along with every other F-Zero character, except Captain Falcon. Stop sav ing your shitty cloned moveset.
>>
>>253745047
Oh I'm sorry? Did Roy have a descendant because of his popularity in Awakening?
>>
>>253744529

>HEY GUYS LOOK AT ME I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT

Zero isn't just Mega Man with a laser sword you dumbfuck
>>
>>253745437
true autism
>>
>>253745437

>Being asspained over real life comparisons to fictional characters

You're unable to have fun
>>
>>253745437
Lel that was gold
>>
>>253745402
Then Mewtwo, you faggot.
>>
>>253745891
>Zero isn't just Mega Man with a laser sword you dumbfuck

Indeed, he also has Super Saiyan hair. Just look at that character development.
>>
>>253745819
no, but Ike didn't, the only one who got more relevant thanks to awakening where the awakening characters and marth, ike didn't have an impact in the story or was mentioned
>>
>>253743593
Whoa whoa I agree they shouldn't be in the game, but Eggman is the best thing about the Sonic franchise.
>>
>>253745891
Yes he is faggot.
>>
>>253746118
My point is Ike still showed up in it and people liked him enough that the developers threw in his descendant as fanservice.

What did Lucas have to keep him relevant? Oh, that's right. Nothing.
>>
>>253742789
>Third party characters from already repped third parties
Call me when the Sonic franchise is finally saved from Sammy by Nintendo.
>>
>>253746136

Eggman isnt Robotnik
>>
>>253744763
Awakening isn't what made Ike relevant, being the protagonist of the latest home console entry of Fire Emblem did.
>>
>>253745460
>A dead series getting a new rep

Yeah I bet you're a Ridleyfag too.
>>
>>253746293
Yes he is. What are you? Some 90's kid 5lyfe?
>>
File: 1397497312375.png (190 KB, 380x640) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1397497312375.png
190 KB, 380x640
>>253745047
>Other M was one of the last titles launched for the Wiii U
>Other M
>launched for the Wii U
>>
>>253746249
His descendent isn't even part of the main story, awekenign didn't made him relevant.
>What did Lucas have to keep him relevant? Oh, that's right. Nothing.
His status as a smash veteran, he still well liked by fans, and we might get it's game finally translated as hinted by reggie with it's review on kotaku and the e3direct joke, wich made starfox and a mario game true, not to mention treehouse 2 will come this month and it ends on mother's series anniversary
lucas has his chances high more than ever, if you don't want him in that's your problem
>>
>>253745643
>>253746389

>anons can't into reading comprehension

What the fuck do you thing "The most we'd get..." implies you stupid pieces of trash?
>>
>>253746293
You do realize that Robotnik wasn't even considered his birth name by the Japs until like SA2, right?
>>
>>253745047
>and miyamoto it's planning to make a 3d one and a 2d one
No he's not, they said that they weren't sure which direction to take it and they are aware there are two different types of Metroid games.

>>253746614
>What are typos
>>
>>253746470
>implying Sonic didn't kill Robotnik in Sonic 3D and Eggman is his son
>>
>>253746698
>>What the fuck do you thing "The most we'd get..." implies you stupid pieces of trash?

Because it's still wrong, YOU should get some reading comprehension.

The most we get isnt Black Shadow. The most we get is no F-Zero reps at all. If we actually got a playable rep it would be Samurai Goroh and he's deconfirmed, so there's no reason to hope for Black Shadow.
>>
>>253742582
Cut Lucas or retool his moveset so that he isn't as much of a clone

Isaac
Mewtwo with Y Mega Evolution Charizard has the X Mega
King K. Rool
Andy (Advanced Wars)
Qurupeco
>>
>>253746630
>His status as a smash veteran
He's not a veteran. For the last time, "veteran" applies to characters that returned from a previous installment of SSB. Falco is a veteran. Lucas is not.

>he still well liked by fans
By people who liked Mother 3, which are few in Japan and some people in the rest of the world, but he's probably one of the least popular characters in SSB.
>>
>>253746750
>implying Eggman and past Eggman do not acknowledge that his birth name is Robotnik and his supervillain name is Eggman.
>>
>>253746735
He said he liked to make a metroid of both genres
3d and 2d
>>
>ridley
>k rool
>isaac
>sami
>captain rainbow
>black shadow

Cut wolf
>>
File: IMG_3152.jpg (4 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_3152.jpg
4 MB, 4608x3456
>>253745976
>>253745945
Oh and here come the fucking monkey SJWs now. "OOH YOU'RE A SHITLORD, YOU'RE A FEDORA, I'M A STRONG INDEPENDENT SIMIAN, OOH I KNEW THIS ONE RHESUS THAT COULD SIGN." NO you fucking didn't. Just ADMIT that not all species are created equal you deluded liberal morons.

Oh and I just KNOW your keyboard fingers are poised ready to quote Marc Hauser at me, aren't you?
>b-b-b-ut cotton-topped tamarins c-c-can recognise their reflections!
Okay you fucking twats, THREE points:
1: The cotton-topped tamarin is ONE species, so can hardly be representative of monkeys as a whole. Unlike great apes which guess what moron, HAVE ALL passed the mirror test.
2: Even if they COULD recognise their reflections, that's ONE task amongst MANY they still can't do.
3: IT'S NOT EVEN FUCKING TRUE IN THE FIRST PLACE. FUCKING READ THIS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Hauser
>In 1995, Hauser reported that cotton-top tamarins can recognize themselves in a mirror.[36] Gordon G. Gallup questioned Hauser's findings, and reviewed some video recordings of Hauser's experiment, saying that “when I played the videotapes [for Hauser's experiments], there was not a thread of compelling evidence — scientific or otherwise — that any of the tamarins had learned to correctly decipher mirrored information about themselves.’’[19] Upon requesting the remaining videotapes, Gallup was informed that the other tapes had been stolen.[37]

So THERE you fucking have it. The ONE piece of compelling evidence for retarded ass monkeys and it was FAKED. Yet you and your "die hominid scum" brethren KEEP reblogging his studies on thumblr despite the fact that they have been SHOWN FAKE.

Go mend your butts you dumb fucking monkey apologists
>>
>>253746890
He is a veteran, just like mewtwo is one because he appeared on melee and he's still refered as one
He still liked by fans, that doesn't disaprove my argument
Not to mention that most of the people didn't know shit about robin but well knew chrom and lucina but sakurai still included robin.
>>
File: 1405490632420.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405490632420.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>253742582
You can squeeze a few more in OP
>>
>>253746874

"The most we'd get" implies that

A: It is not likely that it would happen at all

B: But that if it was to happen, see follow up.

Jesus christ you're a fucking moron. But please, grasp at straws harder and try to tell me what I was saying with my post. I'm sure you'll look less stupid.
>>
>>253747080
>A veteran or veteran fighter is a playable character who appeared in a previous version of the Super Smash Bros. (series) and has returned in the following incarnations.
BTFO

>Not to mention that most of the people didn't know shit about robin
What? He's appeared in a game 1.22 million~ people have played, as a main character. Probably more than that, counting digital sales.

Much less than that have played Mother 3.
>>
>still thinking you can predict the roster size

You will never learn. Even after Brawl proved you retards wrong.
>>
>>253747054

10/10 fuckin saved
>>
Cut Wolf

Hades
Ridley
Shulk
K Rool
Girahim
>>
>>253747310

How much of a fucking retard can you be.

B isnt applicable here. There's no "the most we get". How many times do I have to explain this.

Jesus christ you're a fucking moron. But please, grasp at straws harder and try to tell me how your post wasnt wrong. I'm sure you'll look less stupid.
>>
>>253747108
>Snake
Stop
This is never going to happen
>>
>>253746884
> muh clone
> marth lucina
> fox falco wolf
> link toon link
> mario luigi
> pit dark pit

Stop this clone shit. They are similar yet different. Theres a 100% chance lucas makes it in. No brawl veterans are getting cut, sakurai said this himself. Deal with it.
>>
>>253747324
>BTFO
Sakurai and people refered to mewtwo as a veteran even if he hasn't appeared since melee
>What? He's appeared in a game 1.22 million~ people have played, as a main character. Probably more than that, counting digital sales.
You fags only said that robin was a move point and that chrom was the original main character. People who didn't play the game and people that did knew chrom and lucina but couldn't managhe to identify robin, I took this from varios reaction videos of Robin's reveal

Are you the same retarded faggot of the other thread that thouhgt lucas is getting cut?
If so look at this, I already broke your argument tons of times and you avoided the questions changing of subjet. http://boards.deniableplausibility.net/v/thread/253729116
Watch History repeat itself, stay delusional because there's no point with arguign with you. Lucas is getting in
>>
>>253747985
>No brawl veterans are getting cut, sakurai said this himself.

Sakurai said he doesnt like cutting characters. he never said he wouldnt.
>>
>>253747859
What makes you think Sakurai would cut one of the biggest characters from Brawl? That belongs to his best friend too?
>>
>>253748109
>Sakurai and people refered to mewtwo as a veteran
[citation needed]
>>
File: 1358826354148.jpg (17 KB, 300x181) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1358826354148.jpg
17 KB, 300x181
>>253747845
Yes, there is.

You aren't some definitive source of knowledge when it comes to predicting Smash rosters.

You don't know what Sakurai is doing. You don't know. Stop acting like you're inside his head. Goroh being deconfirmed does not mean shit for Black Shadow, but I never even said that it was a likely scenario.

Black Shadow replacing Captain Ganondorf is an unlikely scenario, but its still in the realm of possiblity, however unlikely. I'm not even an F-Zero fan that wants more than CF, but I'm just saying it makes complete sense. If Ganondorf finally gets his own moveset, it'd be easy to keep his old Captain Ganondorf set of moves by making Black Shadow a character. Sakurai seems to go for easy shit looking at Lucina.

Copying my post word for word shows you're both stupid as well as underage.
>>
File: 1396214946479.png (154 KB, 503x530) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1396214946479.png
154 KB, 503x530
>>253747054
I don't think you understand the term of how the expression is meant to be used.

Equal is a very subjective term, there are no absolutes.

You a dumb nigga

also videogames
>>
>>253747859
Keep crying bitch nigga
>>
>>253747845

You're a fucking moron

Lucina got in over Chrom

Why wouldn't Black Shadow get in over Samurai Goroh if Sakurai wanted more F-zero reps?

Seriously faggot think about this and stop being mad about being wrong
>>
>>253747717
>Cutting Wolf
>Not Falco
Why. Why do people think Wolf should be gone but not Falco?
>>
>>253748170
>best friend
Kojima and Sakurai are friends, not best friends. Everyone is friends with Kojima and Sakurai.

And he'll cut hum because there are already 3 3rd party characters, and the fact that Konami shows no signs of ever having another new MGS be on Nintendo hardware.
>>
oh boy another smash thread
>>
>>253748771
You are new aren't you?
>>
>>253748147
Look at pokemon tainer, yes the pokes were cut but we still got charizard and greninja, and possibly 1-2 more on the way. The only likely cut is snake seeing as he's 3rd party and no recent mgs games on nintendo but even still theres hope because of the 3ds ver. Earthbound VC release is fairly new and pretty big and with the mother 3 refence at e3 there's even more nods he may return. I just don't see sakurai cutting a 1st party veteran with few reps. Pokemon is different because you have so many reps to choose from. Just like keeping marth instead of chrom, I think they will keep lucas and hell maybe even add another mother rep.
>>
>>253748728
Vet status.
Give Falco Wolf's moveset but keep him in over Wolf.
>>
>>253748728
Oh gee, maybe because Falco is already confirmed
>>
>>253748730
>Konami shows no signs of ever having another new MGS be on Nintendo hardware
And this stopped Snake being in Brawl? Sakurai has full control over the roster, if he wants Snake to return, Konami isn't gonna say no to free publicity and Nintendo isn't going to tell Sakurai no.

3 3rd Party Characters means nothing. Besides, 4 would be a nice number to stop on.
>>
>>253748886

Falco is confirmed?
>>
>>253748771
Yes, let's all talk about console sales instead.
>>
>>253747859
STANDING
>>
>>253748924

I really want Snake back...he's my fucking main...

BESIDES GUYS, Phantom Pain is coming out right?! It's the perfect time for him to be in Smash! Konami would be stupid to not get on board right?
>>
>>253749048
SNAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKEEEEEEEE
>>
>>253748924
Sakurai said he doesn't want too many third party characters, because then it's a slippery slope.
The three that are in are fucking gaming icons. Snake, as much as you wish he was, is not nearly as iconic as Pac-Man, Sonic, or Mega Man.
>>
>>253748771
>oh boy another thread about a very popular video game due to release this year
>>
>>253749096

>Snake not as iconic as Pac-Man, Sonic, or Mega Man
>seriously implying Metal Gear isn't on par with Sonic the fucking hedgehog

I've been a MetalGear fan since the shitty NES ports so maybe I'm biased but I think Snake is a pretty iconic game character.
>>
>>253749096
4 out of a speculated 50 character roster is hardly 'too many'.

>Snake
>Not as iconic as Mega Man

I know it's painful Anon, because I love Mega Man, but he's obscure now. Snake/Metal Gear has more presence these days than Mega Man. Besides, Snake has always been a Vidya Icon.
>>
>>253747054
fucking gold anon
>>
>>253748824
>Give Falco Wolf's moveset
That would be awkward. Falco never should have been in Brawl, honestly. It's weird seeing how he wasn't cut but some of the other clones were.
>>
>>253749096
Maybe not Pac-Man, but Metal Gear is a pretty iconic series.
>>
>>253749258
No, it's fucking not.
Sonic was the second biggest gaming mascot of all time behind Mario.

>>253749313
But back in the NES days, Mega Man was Capcom's icon and mascot. Sakurai doesn't care about who has more presence these days.
>>
>>253749096
>Snake, as much as you wish he was, is not nearly as iconic as Pac-Man, Sonic, or Mega Man.
Pac-Man is iconic.
Sonic, and especially Mega-man, are not.
>>
>>253749391

Falco should have been in Brawl.

Wolf? No
>>
>>253744723
>People think a leak from months and months ago, is now false because they made last second changes

You stupid faggot.
>>
>>253749391
As long as the character I'd similar yet different, sakurai will add them.

See lucina and dark pit.
>>
File: 3120948.jpg (26 KB, 312x312) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
3120948.jpg
26 KB, 312x312
>>253749468

>Mega Man
>Not iconic
>>
>>253748886
Source: Your ass.
>>253748824
>Vet status
Since when does this mean that a character is guaranteed to be in? Sakurai could take out a vet if he feels like it.
Wolf fills the 'villain' role anyway, Falco is more like a sidekick character.
>>
>>253749572
>b-b-but they dismissed chrom as a playable character the lasts seconds
gematsufags everybody
>>
>>253742582
You do know that the roster icons become smaller when the roster gets bigger?

See Brawl.
>>
>>253749468
>Sonic, the second biggest gaming mascot and seen as Mario's 'rival' for two generations isn't iconic
>Mega Man, Capcom's mascot for three generations, isn't iconic

>Snake, a character no one cared about (yes, MG was liked, but no one care about Snake in the original games) until MGS is as iconic as the first characters that really shined in the industry
>Snake, a character that has little to no relevance to Nintendo, should be in
>>
>>253749476
Why do you hate Wolf so much?

>>253749573
>As long as the character I'd similar yet different, sakurai will add them
Yeah when he said this I just know that Falco will probably come back. Fuck.
>>
File: bloody revolution.jpg (483 KB, 1400x1110) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bloody revolution.jpg
483 KB, 1400x1110
>>253749572
You are already dead
>>
>>253748730
>Nintendo relationships

Sakurai doesn't give a fuck about that. See Rayman getting added as trophy, despite Nintendo having a shit relationship with Ubisoft.
>>
File: 1388687834681.jpg (485 KB, 1000x1531) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1388687834681.jpg
485 KB, 1000x1531
If it hasn't become painfully apparent by now to some of you, /v/ screaming MUH PATTERNS has jack shit to do with who actually makes it in. /v/ is terrible at predicting them. This week should have proven to everyone that just about goddamn anybody can make it in and that Sakurai does whatever he wants.
>>
>>253749572
>People still defending Gematsu.
>People still thinking Chrom was ever seriously considered.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>253749391
If Falco was low tier, and unpopular by the smash community, do you guys think Falco would have been cut from Brawl?
>>
>>253749671
>>253749779

They've even released an magazine in Japan that states this you dumb cunt.


It's not like I want them to be right. I'm still waiting on Geno and Mallow
>>
Why are Metal Gear faggots so unbearable and adamant about their shit?
Snake is cut. Just fucking accept it.
>muh codec calls
Kid Icarus characters will have the equivalent of that now, they don't need Snake.
>>
>>253749779
>tits
reported for nsfw
>>
>>253749096
>Sakurai said he doesn't want too many third party characters, because then it's a slippery slope
When did he say this?
>>253749048
I'm terrible with Snake but he was fun to play as. I want Snake back too anon. Fuck those who thinks he's going to be cut. We don't know for sure.
>>
>>253742582
Chorus Men
Ridley
Shulk
Snake
>>
File: 1381172798918.gif (1 MB, 394x297) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1381172798918.gif
1 MB, 394x297
>>253749897
Did you knew that the translation game from gamefaqs and the guy was making up shit
>>
>>253749821
>People still thinking Chrom was ever seriously considered.

>Thinking Chrome wasn't the more obvious choice

I knew Robin would be in it, but Chrome makes a ton more sense them Girl marth.
>>
>>253749897
>They've even released an magazine in Japan that states this you dumb cunt.
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>253749731

Because he's the only character in Smash bros to be overwhelmingly redundant.

3 Starfox characters is too many. Fox is a given he's fucking Starfox, so why make two characters based off his special moves unless you were just lazy as fuck?

Since when was Wolf important enough to be in a Smash game anyway? Seriously, fucking WOLF? He appeared in like 2 games that aren't Command(because lez be honest who counts that game).

I get Falco. He was in Melee and is recognized as a Smash character by fans. Wolf doesn't really have that benefit.

Basically it all comes down to the fact that Wolf is redundant. Even more so than Lucina, I'd argue.
>>
>>253749804
>Muh patterns
I hate people who say this. I'm glad Ike is back so those patternfags mostly shut up.
>>
File: 1361601365611.jpg (101 KB, 675x700) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1361601365611.jpg
101 KB, 675x700
>>253749804
>Sakurai does whatever he wants

You bet your ass he does.

>Picks Robin because he thinks hes cool
>Doesn't pick Chrom because another blue haired swordsman with unoriginal moveset
>So why did you put Lucina in?
>Because fuck you shes my S support, that's why

Based as fuck.
>>
>>253749997
>When did he say this?
After Mega Man
He said he doesn't want to go overboard with third party characters. We got the three we got because they were the four biggest gaming 'mascots' when mascots were still a thing.
>>
>>253750000
Quads says this shall be the final roster
>>
File: 1372373138486.gif (3 MB, 250x187) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1372373138486.gif
3 MB, 250x187
>>253750014
the fuck you saying?
>>
>>253750161
And by four biggest gaming mascots, I'm throwing Mario in there obviously.
>>
>>253748287

>You aren't some definitive source of knowledge when it comes to predicting Smash rosters.

Suprise, the same goes up for you.

But hey, let's delete the thread because nobody gets to say anything about this game, because non of us is Sakurai.

>>253748624

Chrom didn't got in because he wasnt original enough and thats why we got Robin. Why the fuck would he place Black Shadow in when hes less known and is suffering the same fate?
>>
>>253750370

>ignoring most of my post.

How convenient. You're still wrong faggot.
>>
>>253750125
I know that Sakurai originally wanted Wolf, in Melee or 64 I think. He's popular too.
>so why make two characters based off his special moves unless you were just lazy as fuck
After Lucina you should expect both Falco and Wolf to come back. Falco is even more of a clone than Wolf is anyway.
>>
>>253750038
An magazine article was released explaining the decision to remove a character and add girl marth.

It says someone was removed at the last minuet, meaning the leak could never have known.
>>
>>253749706

Have you read the complete post?
>>
>>253750449

>ignoring all of my post.

How convenient. You're still wrong faggot.
>>
>>253743317
Since I don't like them, nobody can!
That's pretty Autistic, Anon, and I say that to you when I literally have Autism (hint: that's a bad thing).
>>
>>253744380
>Sonic = autism meymey
I sincerely hope you're pulling some sort of stupid ruse out of this, because even when we joke about the silly shenanigans and behavior that the Sonic characters have, no one in the right mind would use "autistic" to describe a character; that's what we describe the FANS. You're literally confusing "autism" with "ham", as that's what Eggman has become recently, a large ham. And that's usually why the fans love him so much.
>>
>F-Zero hasn't had a new game in ages, Captain Falcon isn't relevant anymore. He sure is getting cut

Fuck you cutfags
>>
>>253750125
Sakurai doesn't give two shits about 'redundant'. He'll revive whoever the fuck he wants.
>>
>>253750484

Can you please tell me wehre in the article Sakurai says they removed someone
>>
>>253750138
>So why did you put Lucina in?
>Because fuck you shes my S support, that's why

Considering how he said she's lucky she's in the game and how he essentially spent no development time on her outside of making her a shittier clone of Marth I think he might have been asked to put her in. If I had to guess I'd say his S Support was Tiki.
>>
File: Fzerofucksgiven.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Fzerofucksgiven.webm
3 MB, 640x480
Geno
Girahim
Takamaru
Mach Rider

Maybe change wolf's down+b to something other than a shine I know you can do it Sakurai

Doesn't really matter who they add though the Captain is still the best
>>
>>253750125
>Since when was Wolf important enough to be in a Smash game anyway?
Not a Star Fox fan, but I've heard a lot about Wolf being hugely popular in Japan. Japan seems to love those kinds of villains.
>>
>>253742582
Daily reminder that it was confirmed during the Treehouse that Mii Fighters will occupy the random slot when customizations are turned on.
>>
>>253750125
>Even more so than Lucina, I'd argue.
No. Lucina's 90% a clone, the only real difference is the sweetspot on her sword. There are also three other Fire Emblem characters in the game.

Wolf at the least has completely different A moves and even his B-moves function very differently, while still being at their most basic level the same, as Fox's or Falco's.
>>
>>253751080
Sakurai also likes him and wanted him in before. I don't know how he feels about Falco.
>>
>>253749798
Clearly had something to do with it, 'cause I guarantee if Ubisoft hadn't stabbed Nintendo in the back and soured their relations completely we'd be looking at a playable Rayman.
>>
>>253750138
>>Because fuck you shes my S support, that's why
He put in Lucina because she was going to be an alt for Marth, but alts don't work that way and he made her slightly different and spun her off into a newcomer. He said it was luck, that's it. Lucina's inclusion is egregious, but that's the wrong reasoning. Not everyone likes your waifu.

Palutena, on the other hand, that's favoritism.
>>
>>253750930
http://gamerant.com/super-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds-chrom-not-playable/


I think this is it. I didn't really read this one though, just googled it.
>>
>>253751146
[citation needed]
>>
>>253751080
Faclo and Wolf were both worthless slots

A complete waste of time and resources.

If they want to add anyone from the SF universe and have it be relevant, then they have to add Krystal
>>
>>253751525
I think nintendo is well aware that krystal is just furbait at this point. There's no way they're going to put her in.
>>
>>253751525
>KRYSTAL

And into the trash you go.

Or better yet, burn in fucking hell, furfag.
>>
>>253751370

I had the idea you meant this this article, but he never says he cut a character. He just says he thought about Chrom.
>>
Guys what if..
Pokemon trainer red battles in!
Blastoise venasaur and snorlax


Thoughts?
>>
File: 1405126456368.jpg (171 KB, 499x497) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405126456368.jpg
171 KB, 499x497
>>253751525
>>
>there are people who don't want Sneaky Explosions man back
>>
>>253751732
Wouldn't work because Sakurai said there would be no "transformation"-like characters.
>>
File: Untitled.png (941 KB, 1394x830) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Untitled.png
941 KB, 1394x830
>>
>>253751732

Id rather have Sceptile
>>
>>253751789
He has nothing to do with Nintendo and didn't fit into Smash at all.
>>
>>253751670
Then I assume that is not the right article.

The issue it's that it's a Japanese magazine
>>
File: Roster 3.jpg (114 KB, 463x320) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Roster 3.jpg
114 KB, 463x320
Behold my dream roster.
>>
>>253751789

>There are people who just keep on hoping and believing just to be dissapointed
>>
>>253751982
>Medusa

I wish.
>>
>>253751945
Sakurai didn't seem to think so. He was fun.
>>
>>253751789
I just don't think he's coming back, anon.
We already have 3 third parties and we're probably not getting more.
>>
>>253748728

Wolf is boring
>>
>>253751982

Unless you'd like to be dissapointed, cut 5-10 characters
>>
>>253751586
>>253751603
>>253751759

The only reason I say Krystal is because she's the only one who would a have a really unique move set.

And after watching their Wii Fit trainer, and loli squids turn into the hot topic of rule 34, I doubt Nintendo much cares about people making porn of their characters anymore.

It's not like Krystal being back is going to spark more porn anyway, she's still has her own fucking forum,
>>
>>253751348
It's very likely that she's in for the same reason as Roy in Melee. It was originally only going to be Marth in Melee but IS asked Sakurai to include Roy as well. Same shit probably happened here. Sakurai only wanted to include Robin but IS asked him to also put in Lucina.
>>
>>253751945
The first part, yes. The second part, no. Snake fit in just fine.
>>
>>253742582
The boxes shrunk in Brawl and a bit in Melee so there's no reason for them to stop now. You can easily get 55 and depending on how much they change, 60.
>>
>>253751945
> nothing to do with nintendo
> 3ds mgs exlusive game

And in to the trash your autistic post goes.
>>
>>253752228
It's called a "dream roster" for a reason, doofus. I know it won't happen like that.
>>
>>253751982
Medusa looks sexy as fuck.

know of any good erotic comics with her in them?
>>
File: 1340045160016s.jpg (12 KB, 240x250) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1340045160016s.jpg
12 KB, 240x250
>>253751982
>>253752095

>Medusa
>Not the Lord of the Underworld himself, the man who resurrected Medusa as nothing more than a distraction.

top pleb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGR7UER46k8
>>
>>253752326

have you read OPs post? He's asking you to add a collumn,
>>
>>253752267
I dunno man, it was kind of jarring to see a realistic looking character in a game with cartoony and anime-ish characters.
>>
>>253752236
>The only reason I say Krystal is because she's the only one who would a have a really unique move set.
How exactly would you make her greatly different? It's still just an anthro animal.
Before you say that's "oversimplifying" it, I assume that's the reason you don't think the other starfox cast would be unique.
>>
>>253751525
They're only worthless because you view them as worthless. I'd argue that Krystal barely has much to her other than being a love interest for Fox. Her debut game has her being trapped in crystal for like 2/3rd of the entire game and then suddenly manages to join Star Fox because..... they needed a female member I guess. At least Falco was there with Fox as part of the Star Fox crew since the very beginning and has been a viable member who's mostly brawn over brain. And Wolf being a long time rival towards Fox and isn't tied to any boss makes him a threat at any moment. I can't see how they are a waste. If it's because they are clones, that'd be a reasonable complaint, but you never brought that up and just bashed the characters for what they are and not how they perform.
>>
>>253752473
>Hades
Superior stage hazard.

Better have him taunting playable Medusa and the other characters instead.
>>
File: cyjpeVd.gif (1 MB, 171x91) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
cyjpeVd.gif
1 MB, 171x91
>>253742789
>Cut Ice Climbers
>>
>>253742582
someone on reddit already did this. you're a filthy liar you didn't do shit
>>
>>253752362
It's not really an exclusive, it's a pretty bad port with an updated control scheme. I fucking wish it turned out like that "Naked Sample" tech demo, instead if somehow ended up looking and running worse than the PS2 version.

All that grass pop-in, it hardly feels like you're in a jungle due to how bare everything looks.
>>
>Ridley
>Shulk
>K.Rool
>big boss
>>
>>253752228
>Unless you'd like to be dissapointed
I never got this.
I'd rather be disappointed at release than be pessimistic and overreserved for the entire ride.
>>
>>253752236
>intendo much cares about people making porn of their characters anymore.
They do. Daily reminder they threatened to sue xxzero if he did Faithful Tepig 2 in the same way he did the first, which is why it was so underwhelming.

>>253752252
That's not how he said it happened.

>>253752362
>3ds mgs exlusive game
I can play MGS3 on a PS2, a 360, a PS3, and a Vita. It's not exclusive.
>>
>>253742582
>no reason to cut ROB
I hate ROB, that's reason enough.

I expect your roster to be more or less accurate though OP. But assuming we get another row, I forsee these changes;
>Ness and Lucas merged such that Lucas is just a costume for Ness, maybe there will be a Ninten alt as well.
>Ganondorf's moveset given to Black Shadow
>Ganondorf has a new moveset
>Mewtwo with a shitty Mega transformation FS, probably the Y form instead of the more popular and appropriate X form
>Snake probably won't return, but hopefully someone has enough sense to give his moveset to someone else
>I'd say Ridley might be a given, but unfortunately it'll be based on his Other M appearance, so I don't think anyone will give a shit even if he does finally make it in
>Sakurai is so far up his own ass he will add yet another one of his own characters that no one gives a shit about; my money is on Hades
>Failing any of the above we'll see a retro character and/or Shulk
>>
>>253742582

Cut Wolf
Cut Lucas
replace ganondorf for ghirahim
replace jiggly with mewtwo. she's outdated as fuck.


1)Issac
2) K.rool
3)Shulk
4) Advanced Wars Rep


1 extra slot from cutting Wolf (or Falco) : rythmn heaven rep


i fucking wisheD: Simon Belmont
>>
>>253752661

An extremely talkative and fourth wall breaking character, like Deadpool but less randub, would be a fun gimmick if done correctly.

Being the third most important character in Uprising, I can't see anyone else but Hades or Dark Pit getting in.

So basically, it's Hades or scoop.
>>
yfw starfox's new rep is ROB 64
and Octoman as f-zero and Starfox hybrid rep
>>
>>253752483
Oh no I know that. I'm saying that you can get 55 or even 60 if Sakurai is going for a lot of characters. So just 4 more seems iffy to me. That's all. If I had to only add 4? The most requested ones to make people happy. K. Rool, Ridley, Isaac, Shulk, and since it was confirmed that Mii Fighters take up the random slot that opens up one more for Mewtwo to come back as well.

If they stretch it to 55 that's 4 more and if they stretch it to 60 that's another 5. 60 may seem unlikely, sure, but it's not impossible.
>>
>>253752739
>browsing reddit
Why
>browsing reddit for smash brothers shit
Why
>accusing someone who does something fairly inuitive of "stealing from reddit" because you browse it too much
Why
>>
>>253752473
If he's playable, he can't do what everyone loves him for. He'd be a better stage element so he can rain taunts and insults on the characters and players.
>>
>>253752512
Eh, it looks closer in appearance to the 'human' type anime-ish characters than a good portion of the roster.

Besides it's not like crossover fighters are out of character for him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OlFC4D3cq8
>>
File: 1rfnlv2.png (169 KB, 382x346) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1rfnlv2.png
169 KB, 382x346
>>253752854
>I hate ROB, that's reason enough.
Christ, why are these plebs allowed to play Smash?
>>
>>253752827
It's best to have low expectations even on the hype train.
>>
>>253752739

Someone on 4chan did this for the Gematsu leak and I made a bunch of changes (Added newcomers, Wolf and a different Wario). I still have the raw photoshop file

Reddit did shit.
>>
File: 1360883166286.jpg (40 KB, 500x281) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1360883166286.jpg
40 KB, 500x281
>>253753027
>fairly inuitive
How many times has this thread or one of these images been made, now?
Don't pretend your thread is special, OP.
>>
>>253753127
Accordion to who?
>>
>>253753230
That's literally the opposite of pretending it's special.
Saying it's inuitive = anyone could get the idea easily.

You're a fucking retard, redditor.
>>
>>253752827

There's a difference between pessimistic and realistic.
>>
File: therostero.png (4 KB, 719x233) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
therostero.png
4 KB, 719x233
>>
File: everest.jpg (375 KB, 1105x777) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
everest.jpg
375 KB, 1105x777
>>253753127
Come off it, high expectations are the way to go.
>>
>>253751732
What if there were a pokemon trainer that had six pokemon that were used for attacks, like:
B^ is a bird pokemon using fly
B<> is a pokemon using a special attack
Bv is a pokemon using earthquake
Etc.
>>
>>253752841
Well, he probably would not say that's how it happened.

But considering how little development time he spent on her he probably had no choice but to include her. His choice was between Robin and Chrom, sounds like Lucina was always going to be in the game. I don't know if he liked her that much while he played FE:A that he decided this himself or if IS told him to include her but it sounds like there was never a choice of her not being included in some fashion.
>>
>>253753339
Me, even though I don't own an accordion.
>>
>>253753121
Am I not allowed to hate a character? I didn't even say Sakurai would cut him from the roster.
>>
>>253753347
Oh, my mistake.
>>
>>253753532
She was an alt for Marth until Sakurai decided to change her
>>
>>253752841
But not in 3D. Get fucked, its exclusive.
>>
>>253751348
>Palutena, on the other hand, that's favoritism.

Uprising was supposed to be the flag game of the 3DS. The characters are great, so is the game. It is not favoritism.

Now if he put Hades in the game, as much as I like him, it'd be favoritism
>>
>>253753642
Yes, it's indeed your mistake. Now get the fuck back to reddit, you shiteating retard.
>>
>>253752981

55 may be possible. Some Anon iITT made 55 slot roster. 60 is really stretching it and let's not be delusional here.
>>
File: hades.png (88 KB, 250x197) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
hades.png
88 KB, 250x197
>>253752473

>Smash direct before the release of the release of the 3DS version, similar to the one we got in March.

>Details Wii U features and release date, shows off a few newcomers.

>At the end of the direct, everyone is on the edge of their seat bracing for a newcomer.

>Sakurai says something along the lines of "Well, that's all of the footage and information we have for today. I hope you all enjoy the game when it launches on October 3."

>Cuts to a stream offline screen, hangs for a few seconds.

>Suddenly a voice, "No, no, no! This isn't right! We need to end this shindig with a bang!"

>Hand comes out and rips away the stream offline screen.

>"Cue the slice and burn transition!"

>Hades cuts in!
>>
>>253753351
Yes, there's a difference between mystic pissing and real estate, but what does that have to do with Smash Bros?
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 566x638) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 566x638
>>253742582
I know who it WON'T be.
>>
>>253753230

That's not OP. I'm >>253753169
>>
>>253753675
Yes, so she was always going to be included in the game. What I'm saying is that Sakurai said he made a choice between Robin and Chrom, Lucina was originally an alt costume before making her her own character by making her an inferior clone of Marth. But from this sentence we can gleam that there was no point where she was not going to be in the game. So either Sakurai said "I like Lucina, I'm going to make sure I put her in this game" or IS said "Please include Lucina in this game"
>>
>>253752854
>I hate him and therefore nobody else should have to see him either!
Anon - I literally have autism and yet that's the most retardedly autistic thing I've read all day.
Pleb.
>>
>>253753718
Okay, I found Reddit. There's a lot of white everywhere, now what?
>>
>>253753834

The simple fact that a roster with a realistic number of characters is better than a roster with a high number of characters because the latter will only dissapoint.

Also, stop writing your own jokes.
>>
>>253754056
You're such a joker, redditor-chan. Everyone appreciates your funny jokes.
>>
>>253742582
But anon, Robin already got confirmed. I have no reason to speculate any more.
>>
>>253754056
Switch to night mode.
>>
>>253753532
He liked FEA. He considers it to have a "rich cast". The man's crazy.

>>253753692
If Snake Eater 3D is exclusive, so is TLOU for PS4. Neither of them are.

>>253753716
>Uprising was supposed to be the flag game of the 3DS. The characters are great, so is the game. It is not favoritism.
I know. It is a great game. Were she regularly included I wouldn't say this, but she has a fully custom moveset for absolutely no reason. That is favoritism, especially considering there are other characters who would benefit from it more who are both already in the game and better newcomers they could have chosen for the gimmick.
>>
>>253747108

>Lucas coming back
>3 Space animals
>Takamaru

into the bin
>>
>>253754140
>>253754146
Should I let my secretary write my jokes for me, then?

>>253754225
Ah, that's better.
>>
>>253753953
Maybe Sakurai actually liked her since he said he played through Awakening

I wonder who he had marry who
>>
>>253754379
>Maybe Sakurai actually liked her since he said he played through Awakening

I don't know, maybe. If he did he sure likes to treat his waifu's like shit. She looked pretty weak in the reveal trailer and had to be saved by a man.
>>
Honest question, why is everyone disappoint we didn't get Shulk or Chrom?

I understand you might like them in their respective games, but what would even make them unique in smash bros?
>he has a sword!
>his personality and character is really different from all the other swordsmen, though!
The latter does not matter in smash bros because all he is there is a fighter. Another fighter with a sword.
>>
>>253754292
Did this hatred of Lucas start with the Gematsu leak or something? Why is everyone so desperate for him to be cut?
>>
File: 1405634768712.jpg (337 KB, 1000x707) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405634768712.jpg
337 KB, 1000x707
>>253754379
Sakurai obviously got NTR'd by Chrom, which is why he cut him. He then turned around and fucked Chrom's daughter, and actually ended up liking her, so he gave her a spot.
>>
>>253751957
The magazine that you're getting that from was translated. The thing is, the translation that YOU'RE remembering had some disinfo in it.

It was never mentioned that a character was cut and Lucina replaced him. It was just about how Lucina was originally going to be a Marth alt since they were related and similar, but since there were variations between them in the end, she lucked into becoming her own character.

What really happened was that when Sakurai was choosing the official FE rep, it was either going to be Chrom or Robin. In the end he decided on Robin because Chrom in the end was just another Swordsman and didn't bring anything special to the table while Robin had his magic.

So no one was cut for Lucina and she wasn't taking up anyone's slots or anything, she was always going to be in the game just as an alt originally. She just ended up as a lucky +1 to the roster. Chrom didn't get in the game in the first place because Sakurai chose Robin over him in the end.
>>
>>253754621
Haha, I was waiting for someone to make this.
>>
>>253748730
I don't think he'll be in, but your reason is shitty.

>MUH HISTORY WIT NiNTENDER
That doesn't fucking matter
Sakurai said when he revealed Mega Man that this installation of Smash Bros. would only have the 3rd party exception for "gaming legends" such as himself.
Snake doesn't fit that fucking criteria no matter what /v/ will delude themselves into thinking
>>
>>253742582
>51
They could also shorten the height of each image and add an entire extra row, amounting to 59 characters.
>>
>>253754621
>getting buttmad that he lost to the canon pairing
Sakurai should've seen it coming
>>
>Isaac
>Shulk
>Mewtwo
>Mach Rider

Those probably won't be the remaining characters but I want to believe dammit.
>>
>>253751982
I'd play it, but your dream roster is pretty bland.
>>
File: hcIfovS.jpg (904 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
hcIfovS.jpg
904 KB, 1920x1080
>>253754581
Because I want this in the game and I don't care if that's a stupid reason.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xweRl4LZlmo&l
>>
>>253754581
>The latter does not matter in smash bros because all he is there is a fighter. Another fighter with a sword

There are less sword-users in Smash 4 than there are humans, females, and characters who punch and kick shit. Why do you people always bitch and cry about sword-users so much?
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 261x193) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 261x193
>>
File: 1405361027598.jpg (108 KB, 688x387) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405361027598.jpg
108 KB, 688x387
>>253754967
The canon pairing is FeMU and Chrom.

Lucina is in the game with her mommy.
>>
>>253755335
Chrom/Sumia is in the game's fucking intro, the game very blatantly pushes it on you.
>>
>>253753761
That's the only way to properly make a Hades trailer
>>
>>253755263
I'm not bitching about sword-users, I'm bitching about boring uninteresting humans with no other qualities other than "he's an expert swordsman in a fantasy RPG".
>>
File: 1362541438353.jpg (104 KB, 588x876) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1362541438353.jpg
104 KB, 588x876
>>253755573
>Not playing FeMU
>Not getting your Chrom on
>>
>>253755263
Probably because you're literally retarded and can't put the reasoning together yourself.
>>
>>253755051
Who's it missing that would make it less "bland"?

>>253755591
No different than "human who punches and kicks a lot" or "token female".
>>
File: 1405653371478.jpg (293 KB, 1152x1120) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405653371478.jpg
293 KB, 1152x1120
>>253755573
The game works better with you as Lucina's mother, but I doubt it's canon because IS would expect everyone to play Male, only playing Female on a replay.

Kind of a shame, Sumia is bland.
>>
>>253755876
>"human who punches and kicks a lot" or "token female".
Who are you referring to?
>>
>>253755798
>indulging in wish fulfillment fantasies instead of telling a proper story
>>
>>253755069
Woah.
What game is that, anon?
Anyways - I want:
>>253754938
>Mewtwo
>Ridley
>Ghirahim
>I don't want Shulk, but he's likely
>Black Shadow
>Splatoon Kids
>Spangebab
>While Krystal is a boring and weird character, the fact that she uses a staff lends to interesting gameplay, so I'm open to the possibility.
>Tetra
>Groose
>Reggie Fils-Aime
>That block guy from Other M
>>
>>253756062
The story works best if you marry Chrom, though. It makes more sense to have you as an important figure in Lucina's life but also someone Lucina needs to kill to save her father then having her mother be some unimportant unit who sits on the sidelines.
>>
>>253743593
>Robotnik
>Shitty character
OH BOY THROBBIE
OH BOY
OH BOY
OH BOY THROBBIE
OH BOY
OH BOY
Your audiamce is gunna love this
Gunna love this
Gunna love this
Your audiance is gunna love this
Gunna love this
Gunna love this-this
It's my greatest invention ever
OK THROBBIE
OK THROBBIE
It's my greatest invention ever
OK THROBBIE, OPEN UP
>>
>>253746376
You mean being the best one
>>253756201
Xenoblade
it says it right there
>>
>>253745891
he's protoman with an attitude and sword. dynamo was bass with even more ineptitude and a laser boomerang.
>>
File: OH BOY THROBBY.jpg (30 KB, 624x469) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
OH BOY THROBBY.jpg
30 KB, 624x469
>>253756316
Now I'm going to have that stuck in my head all day.
>>
iCE CLIMBERS ARE THE SHITIEST SMASH CHARACTER(S)

PROVE ME WRONG
>>
>>253756201
That's Xenoblade chronicles
Y'know, the game Shulk is From?
>>
>>253756316
what the fuck?

Seriously. What is even happening here?
>>
>>253756446
Wait - how is that being rendered on a Wii?
It's beautiful.
>>
>>253756543
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIp0UknXmvQ
>>
>>253756596
>Wait - how is that being rendered on a Wii?

Pretty sure that's a Dolphin screenshot.
>>
>>253755871
Yes, I'm the "literally retarded" one because I'm not throwing a fit over 10% of the roster using a sword and all but two of them having very different styles, just like how all but a couple of the punch-and-kick people have very different styles.

The only reason you people shit yourselves over the sword-users is because of /v/'s infantile "Swords=Japan! Weeaboos! JRPG! Nippon slant-faced yellow gooks! America FUCK YEAH!" mentality.

>>253756025
You want me to list all of the female characters and bare-fisted fighters?
>>
>>253756395
Well Tails, what would you rather have?

Lava boiling at your feet, OR LAVA boiling at your feet?

TELL-TELL ME YOUR-ME YOUR CHOICE, YOU TWO-TAILED LITTLE BRAT!
TELL-TELL ME YOUR-ME YOUR CHOICE, YOU TWO-TAILED LITTLE BRAT!

>save your breath robotnik, sonic's gunna rescue us
YOU'RE WRONG YOU TWO TAILED LITTLE TROUBLE TROUBLE MA-MA-MAKER!

Sonic's not saving you, Sonic's not saving ANNNYYYOONNEE!
One everyone sees me catch Sonic, THE PLANET IS MINE!
>>
>>253753030
>Implying Hades isn't Snake's codec call replacement
>>
>>253756792
>The only reason you people shit yourselves over the sword-users is because of /v/'s infantile "Swords=Japan! Weeaboos! JRPG!

Okay, so you're actually retarded
>>
>>253756792
No, just some examples of who you are referring to. Because none of them bare-fisted fighters are alike, at all. Unless you'd say that captain falcon is in any way anything like super mario. Or samus anything like Peach. That'd be a huge fucking stretch.

Saying Lucina is like Marth and Marth is like Ike and Ike is like Chrom and all around they're all very similiar is however not a huge fucking stretch.
>>
>>253745437
You're not fooling me, you ape
>>
>>253752854
>>Mewtwo with a shitty Mega transformation FS, probably the Y form instead of the more popular and appropriate X form
How the fuck is Y not superior, more Mewtwo-oriented "appropriate" Mega?
The only reason Mewtwo X was bigger is because Pokemon X was bigger because X sounds cooler amongst the kids.
Y is the Pokemon Blue of the two.
>>
>>253756316
>>253756395
>>253756621
>>253756956
why haven't we fully utilized this to combat the /tv/ baneposters?
>>
>>253754510
After she saved a man.
>>
>>253756201
>Woah, What game is that anon?
>I don't want Shulk.

kek
>>
>>253756956
this is now a robotnik thread

I HAVE DECIDED TO ANNOUNCE
>I HAVE DECIDED TO ANNOUNCE
my rrretirement, rrretirement, rrretitrement-tirement-tirement
>>
>>253757125
The only sword-users who are similar are Link/Toon Link and Marth/Lucina. Ike and Marth are nothing alike aside from having a Counter.

And these are all of the sword-users we have/will have:

Link
Toon Link
Marth
Ike
Lucina
Robin (sort of)
Pit
Meta Knight
Mii Swordsman

A WHOLE NINE OUT OF THIRTY-SEVEN AND COUNTING, OOOOOOOOOOO.
>>
>after she saved a man
BEFORE THROWING HIM OUT OF A PLANE
>>
i want muh widley : )

he's epic, he can fly and bweat fire and is scary 2 shamus
>>
>>253757765
Why are you doing that? I've asked you a question about your previous statement.

>No different than "human who punches and kicks a lot" or "token female".
Elaborate, please. Who are you referring to?
>>
>>253756316
>>253756395
>>253756621
>>253756956
>>253757407
>>253757648
what the fuck is going on?
Is this an attempt to derail he thread or is this actually been arojnd for a while?
>>
>>253758104
Just ignore them.
It's a dumb dead meme.
After a while they will realize they can't just say whatever and hope to alter the thread
>>
>>253758104
No, nothing like that. Apparently some anon mentioned Robotnik was a bad character and some anon posted the lyrics to a song that had Robotnik.

I only replied saying "I'm going to have it stuck in my head" and posted the link for a guy who asked for it. It wasn't my intent, I apologize if it came across that way.

>>253758405
There's no problem so long as they fight differently to me.
>>
>>253758385
>They can't just say whatever
I'M DOCTOR ROBOTNIK!
I SAY WHAT I WANT!
I SAY PINGAS
I SAY PUSSY
I SAY BUTT
I SAY GRUD AND SLUDGE
I SAY NIGGER
>>
File: visual-battles-17.jpg (176 KB, 605x341) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
visual-battles-17.jpg
176 KB, 605x341
>>253754581
Idiot.

Shulk would be an incredibly unique sword fighter.

His moveset would consist of positional attack damage, Monado Arts, buffs/debuffs, visions, and the Talent Gauge, so pretty much unlike any sword fighter on the roster.

And don't forget the cool visual flourish of the Monado's energy blade changing colour from blue, to green, to purple, to orange, along with the Monado symbol changing, to reflect the Monado Art in use.

Also, I imagine Shulk would be the very first long-range sword fighter to enter Smash (the Monado has the ability to extend its blade).

Sakurai could also implement the break>topple>daze mechanic!

You should try using your brain :)
>>
>>253758405
No, I'm asking you why you think that those are similiar. Tell me why you think that Mario is anything like Kirby.
>>
>>253757892
Reiterate that, please. I cant make sense of what you're saying.
>>
>>253742582
K Rool
Shulk
Mach Rider
Ridley
>>
>>253758725
>:)
reddit is the other way
>>
>>253758814
IT WOULD BE EXTREMELY PAINFULL
>>
>>253758718
>censoring "nigger"
Leave 4chan.
You clearly don't know how it works
>>
>>253742582
>Falco
>Wolf
>Rob
>Game and Watch
>Lucas
>Ganon
>Metaknight
>Jigglypuff
Hahahaha, faggot, you are in DENIAL.
>>
>>253758725
Why do you type all weird?
>>
>>253757251
I guess it depends on what you think Mewtwo's Final Smash should do. Y would be cool for some kind of area wide hit or instant KO move, but I just feel like X would be cooler for an install; it's a fighting game, so the fighting form would make sense to me.

Unless you're just talking about in Pokémon X/Y itself. I'd argue that Mewtwo Y wasn't as popular because of it's design, but I don't think we could prove our claims.
>>
>>253758971
why the fuck does /tv/ have to come here and fuck up our threads.
Maybe if you spent more time at your thread it wouldn't be so desolate.
Even then, what's the point?
>>
>>253759265
Define "weird".
>>
>>253758757
I didn't say they're similar. I said that it's stupid whining about how many sword-users they are when we have more punch-and-kick users and females. But yes, there are also some punch-and-kick users who do play similarly too (Captain Falcon/Ganondorf, Mario/Luigi).
>>
>>253759225
>jiggly not returning
>game and watch not returning
How can anyone believe this?
>>
>>253759301
Oh so I'm missing a archaic joke, then. I'm cool with that.
>>
>>253759398
Pressing enter twice after every single sentence. it's a pain to read.
>>
>>253759301
>what's the point
crashing this thread, WITH NO SURVIVORS
>>
>>253759420
>characters that aren't relavent, whose popularity is in steep decline since Brawl
>5 or 6 pokeymans already in
>Pacman as the 'classic' character

Denial.
>>
>>253759546
Apologies. I just figured that spacing them out would help each point stand out more.
>>
>>253759628
>implying jiggly isn't one of the most popular mains
It's like you have never played with another person
>g&w not popular
He's more popular than half the confirmed cast you faggot
>>
>>253742789
If they were on melee and in brawl what makes you think they'll remove them?
>>
>No mewtwo in brawl
>No snake in 4

Why the fuck are they removing cool fucking characters for more swordsmans ?
>>
>>253754809
When did he ever say they had to be "gaming legends"? I only recall him saying it had to be a "special situation". He even used Snake and Sonic's inclusion in Brawl as examples of a special circumstance.
>>
I can see them dropping either Marth or Ike. It makes exactly zero fucking sense to have four characters from the Fire Emblem series, especially when most people have never played a Fire Emblem game other than Awakening.
>>
>>253745437
>>
>>253742582

the only i care about
>>
>>253759628
b8
>>
>>253757125
>Character from different series are different
>Characters from the same series with the same niche are similar

I wonder why.
What about wolf, fox, or falco? They don't have swords and they are all very similar
>>
>>253749572
Sal romaino pls go, you fucked up
>>
>>253760115
>>253760115

Already confirmed as assist trophy
>>
>>253760115
Sadly he's already confirmed as an assist trophy. Here's to hoping for Isa
>>
>>253759970
But marth and ike are already comfired you retard.
>>
>>253759845
Are you kidding? Jigglypuff is only played in tournies. She's far from popular.

As for gay & watch, the image of him shown in pac's trailer is the evidence for him not being in the game. As anon stated long ago in the ages of old, he is just a flat, roughly drawn sprite in the trailer, not a model like he was in brawl, which means he hasn't been rendered for this game.

And with that, take your shit with you and get out, faggot.
>>
>>253760398
>Jigglypuff is only played in tournies.

Same with Falco. And that guy still came back for Brawl.
>>
>>253759628
>Jigglypuff getting cut despite being irrelevant since melee and still getting in that game and brawl

>G&W getting cut despite him being in melee and brawl

Yeah nah. nice try but you need better bait.
>>
>>253760398
Sakurai confirmed him and Ice Climbers at the round table with Pac-Man
>>
File: POCKY GAME VICTORY.jpg (144 KB, 495x900) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
POCKY GAME VICTORY.jpg
144 KB, 495x900
>>253755928
Fucking Chrom/Lucina is canon depending on which gender you pick.
>>
>>253760398
Yeah, brawl, which had tons of clones. This game is shaping up to have a lot less of those. Falco hasn't been confirmed or even hinted at, so I wouldn't hold my breath for him, either. Especially with no new star fox coming out any time soon.
>>
>>253760234
>>253760285

damn, i will bet for Isa then
>>
>>253760527
See
>>253760646
>>
It seems weird that Nintendo keeps putting Mewtwo in every fucking game but Mewtwo got dropped from Smash. Maybe they'll put him back in?

Not that I want that. The last thing we need is all four of Pokemon's Lightnings being playable in Smash.
>>
>>253742582
King K.Rool
Ridley
Andy
Karate Joe
>>
>>253760758
I would die for Mega-Mewtwo and I don't even like pokemon.
>>
>>253760286
Fair enough, didn't know that, haven't been following shit that closely. I just figured that if they announced two characters from Awakening recently it might mean one of the old ones was going the way of poor Roy.

In that case, I think we all know that Meta Knight hasn't got an ice cream's chance in hell of returning. I would also say that, since there hasn't been a new Star Fox game in a good long while, perhaps they'll drop either Falco or Wolf. Probably Wolf, considering that Falco has been around longer.
>>
>People still expect ganondorf in the game, even though his last appearence was in 06


y'all a bunch of retards, I swear. It's either Demise, Yuga or Ghiriham
>>
>>253760758
>all four of Pokemon's Lightnings

You have no idea what that word means, do you?
>>
That's nice and all anon, but do remember that Brawl resized the character icons
>>
>>253760646
>being this retarded
How can you even breath?
>>
File: starfoxwiiu.jpg (220 KB, 1064x708) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
starfoxwiiu.jpg
220 KB, 1064x708
>>253760646
>Falco hasn't been confirmed or even hinted at, so I wouldn't hold my breath for him, either. Especially with no new star fox coming out any time soon.

I can't figure out if this post is supposed to be satire or if you're really that oblivious.
>>
>>253760758
Roy is back in Smash 4.

As Lucina.
>>
File: literal autism.jpg (18 KB, 400x240) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
literal autism.jpg
18 KB, 400x240
>>253760958
Do you?
>>
>>253760961
>shitposting
>>253760968
I hope you aren't expecting that game sometime in the next two years, anon. That would be quite naive...
>>
File: sakurai.png (200 KB, 449x335) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sakurai.png
200 KB, 449x335
>>253760885
>I think we all know that Meta Knight hasn't got an ice cream's chance in hell of returning.
>there hasn't been a new Star Fox game in a good long while

You're really not good at predicting things, are you?
>>
>>253742582
I wouldn't mind if ROB was cut. He was there because of the subspace emissary.

He's boring character with 0 personality and a boring moveset.

If they gave more life to it maybe it would be alot better, but I don't think they'll do that as it's just a robot.
>>
>>253761236
See
>>253761171
>>
>>253760646
Falco was made less of a clone in Brawl, he was "luigified" a little. I kind of doubt he'd do that but then remove him for the next game. Plus Sakurai also wanted Wolf to be in Melee, I doubt he'd remove him after one game either. I wouldn't expect any new Star Fox representative, though.
>>
File: betty spaghetti.png (87 KB, 314x276) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
betty spaghetti.png
87 KB, 314x276
>>253753761

fund it!
>>
>>253761093

Yes

How the fuck can 1 franchise have 4 lightnings, 1 of which being obviously ignored in smash?

Thats completely against the idea of a character being a companys lightning.
>>
>>253761335
Meta Knight is from Sakurai's series, thinking he's going to be removed is pretty silly.
>>
>>253761236
I thought it was fairly well-known that Sakurai fucking hated how Meta Knight turned out in Brawl. They'd have to completely overhaul the character if they wanted to put him in, which is something Sakurai doesn't like because "Muh balancing! Noo, it must be fun, not balanced!"
>>
>>253760885
Why wouldn't Meta Knight return? Because he was OP in Brawl?

>>253761171
So you can't put a veteran into a sequel unless they're getting a new game sometime in the next year? What the fuck are you going on about?
>>
>>253761530
>4 lightnings
what
>>
>>253761565
Kirby will probably get a new rep instead. Like
That prince faggot from the yarn game

>>253761437
He's less of a clone, that's true. But the same was true of Lucas and I think most of us agree that he's gone.
>>
File: dreams die.jpg (358 KB, 960x356) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dreams die.jpg
358 KB, 960x356
>This will never be the final roster.
>>
>>253761805
>most of us agree

Nah, gematsu is dead. Lucas is coming back.
>>
>>253761721
>>253761721

>The last thing we need is all four of Pokemon's Lightnings being playable in Smash.

You said that in >>253760758
>>
>>253761929
It's alright. Too bad that Bayonetta is a Sega rep.
>>
>>253761627
>Toon Link
>Pokemon
>Sonic
>Rosalina

>Wind Waker HD
>New pokemon games
>Sonic Lost World
>Mario Kart 8

All of these were put in the game for the sole purpose of advertising their own games. Which is also the point of putting in the Fire Emblems. To advertise the franchise to the west and get it hyped for what's likely to be the announce of a new game in... let's say half a year?
>>
>>253761623
>Sakurai hated how MK turned out in Brawl
>refuses to have him fixed in 4

It's amazing how much you people pull out of your asses and assume.

>>253761805
The only ones who "agree" that "Lucas is gone" are Gematsu believers, which was a load of shit to begin with ("internal debate over Lucas remaining or leaving" three months before the game launches and when Sakurai has the first, last, and only say on the roster?).
>>
>>253742582
>51 characters
>51 fucking characters
Oh my god.

>>253742789
>cut Ice Climbers
Get the fuck out.
>>
>>253761805
>That prince faggot from the yarn game

He was not created by Sakurai, though. If Meta Knight is replaced it's probably by Bandana Dee.

If Lucas is removed it's because Sakurai didn't particularly like him, I doubt he'd be removed because "Mother is a dead series." I think Sakurai wanting Wolf in since Melee and making Falco less of a clone in Brawl could mean all of them could stay, because he appears to be working towards differentiating how the 3 starfox characters work. The series itself not being very relevant anymore doesn't have everything to do with it.
>>
>>253761951
Gematsu IS dead but that doesn't mean he's coming back. Even Ness has yet to be announced. I think once he's announced, it will be more reasonable to speculate on a clone of him.
>>
>>253761929
>Naked Snake
No thanks Kojima.
>>
File: nopls}.png (56 KB, 380x380) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
nopls}.png
56 KB, 380x380
>>253761929
I'm glad that won't happen.

I will miss snake, but seeing ridley as a character instead of a boss, kirby's goomba with a bandana, she hulk sword guy and ROB again would make me puke my guts out
>>
>>253762134
Explain all of the characters already on the roster without new games to advertise.

Seriously, the idiotic shit you people come up with to justify not wanting a character on the roster goes beyond the pale.
>>
File: 1402935242135.jpg (47 KB, 491x445) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1402935242135.jpg
47 KB, 491x445
why is takamaru in every single dream roster in this thread
i see him time and time again but i still have no idea why
how many of you have actually played the game he's from?
>>
>>253762502
There are characters on the roster who don't have corresponding games, but it's still a pattern. If you can't see that, I'm afraid you're dead already.
>>
>>253761437
"Luigified". I like that word, using it to explain that while his moves are similar, they function differently.
Can I borrow that from now on? It explains Wolf pretty well. I mean shit, just about ALL of his moves are radically different, they just keep with the theme.
>>
>>253742967
>Ah Is see you have brain damage
Oh, the irony.
>>
File: [coughs blood].png (546 KB, 637x528) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
[coughs blood].png
546 KB, 637x528
>>253762502
>>253762502
Oh and I forgot yoshi and the fucking yarn.
>>
>>253762857
>Can I borrow that from now on?

Go ahead. I didn't invent it anyways.
>>
File: 5Tn8EUo.gif (1 MB, 301x250) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
5Tn8EUo.gif
1 MB, 301x250
>>253747054
>>
>>253762857
wolf only shares like 4 moves with Fox including his final smash, so Luigified wouldn't make sense since hes less of a clone than luigi.
>>
>>253762801
>He is retro
>Takamaru's Castle appeared in Nintendo Land
>>
>>253762802
There is no pattern for anything. Pichu, Dr. Mario, and Roy didn't come back because they were clones. Mewtwo was cut because of Sonic's late inclusion and Sakurai said he's considering him for 4. Snake's not coming back because he was a favor, and Squirtle and Ivysaur aren't coming back because the Trainer's mechanic is gone. No character has been removed because of having no games, otherwise Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, and MOTHER Would have been removed from Brawl under that criteria.
>>
>>253744207
Ike and Toon Link have already been confirmed.
>>
>>253761929
>3 foxes
>Snake
>Bayonetta
>Marshall
>Shulk
>Takamaru
>No fucking Mewtwo

I'm so glad this won't happen.
>>
Cut Wolf

Add
Ridley
K Rool
Isaac
Mewtwo
Shulk
>>
>>253763224
That's even better!

>>253763043
>> I didn't invent it anyways
I'm still going to use that word, it's effective.
>>
>>253763301
That was brawl and this isn't. So many things about how this game is being handled is different from brawl, sir.
>>253763386
>bayonetta
Yeah, me too.
>>
File: 1402682674035.jpg (11 KB, 300x188) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1402682674035.jpg
11 KB, 300x188
>people saying with absolute confidence that a character is cut based on reasoning Sakurai has never led anybody to believe he followed
>>
File: Roster bets.jpg (750 KB, 763x869) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Roster bets.jpg
750 KB, 763x869
>>253742582

>4 Characters I want to join Smash
K.Rool
Dixie
Isaac
Ridley (if it was possible to pull him off without looking retarded)

>4 characters I want likely to get in Smash
Dixie
Isaac (his assist hasn't appeared yet, that's hope enough)
A New Zelda character (Ghrirahim is likely but Vaati would be cool as a villian just for Toon Link)
A Rhythm Heaven character (because of Sneaky Spirits in Smash Run (although I'd rather not even if it does set off my OCD of having a Smash Run enemy for a not represented franchise))
>>
So....since we're all here, let's just do a hypothetical scenario:

Say both Ridley and K. Rool are 2 of the final characters revealed during the August/September reveal video, and they're both confirmed playable right then and there.

What happens then?
>>
>>253763663
You're assuming shit straight from your ass, and it smells a lot like "I hope these characters are gone because I don't like them".
>>
>>253744207
You don't keep up, do you? Do you even know which game we're discussing here? Do you know where you are?
>>
>>253763930
/v/ explodes.
>>
>>253742582
Miis fill the random slot

Mewtwo
Ridley
King K Rool
Takamaro or Isaac
>>
>>253764075
>implying the 3DS can handle 8 climbers at once while pokes and ATs and moving stages at 60FPS

Climbers are cut
>>
>>253763970
Nah, I wouldn't say that. I didn't like G&w or Jigglypuff, but they're not a bother. And I liked Lucas. Ganon would still be cool to have with a new move set. And there's nothing wrong with falco, either. I'm not just some hater, son.
>>
>>253749623
>Since when does this mean that a character is guaranteed to be in?

Since we have never had a single vet ever get cut. EVER.
Anyone that returned from 64 will always be in.
Anyone that returned from Melee will always be in.

Ness, Jigglypuff, Falco, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, and Ganondorf are pretty much always going to be in smash from now on.
This is because veterans means they were important enough to return, and its more likely that they have many people that main them then other characters do.
>>
>People still putting Shulk and Chorus Kids on their fantasy rosters

You guys aren't very creative are you?
>>
>>253764223
How about one Ice Climber moves at 60fps and the other moves at 30fps.

It would mean the Ice Climbers would suck ass but it's better then just cutting them for good.
>>
>>253764267
Then why are you assuming all of this stupid "these characters are cut" shit? Especially when Sakurai has said nothing about what you're assuming he thinks like?

>>253764223
Only the playable characters move at 60fps on the 3DS. Everything else is 30fps. Sakurai also confirmed the ICs in the Pac-man roundtable.
>>
File: datdat.png (70 KB, 625x514) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
datdat.png
70 KB, 625x514
>>253763386
>actually wanting snake cut
>>
>>253764075
1. I know the Ridleyheads were around for a bit, though they have a tendency to disappear when things don't go their way, but where did the K. Rool's even come from? I turn my back for a month and they're all over the place. Did someone start it as a joke, only for it to catch on like wildfire?
2. Pretty sure the place will go full blown Katrina in the event of confirmation or denial, though this would contradict my claim in "1.".
>>
>>253764378
The roster maker doesn't have a monkey in it.
Also, I've wanted Shulk long before the leak, fuck you.
>>
>>253764727
>hurr every character I don't like that others want is a joke that somehow became popular
>>
>>253764660
He was a really interesting character, and that's basically the only basis I have on thinking he might return, he was really unique and can't be replaced entirely.

Samus using his Final Smash is concerning though, unfortunately I think he's gone.
>>
>>253764871
I never said I didn't like any of them. I'm asking a question. But I forgive you, a lot of people tend to make disproportionate reactions to otherwise innocent questions on this board.
>>
>>253764613
Well, if you look at Yoshi's page, you'll see that at the bottom, there's a link to information about "Yoshi's new island" and not one of his older games. And he was announced just before E3. As well, you'll notice the same for Toon Link or the others. This says to me that there was pressure to include them based only on them having new games out, or else Toon Link might have been ALBW Link instead.
>>
>>253743642
>implying he's not
>>
>>253749572
chrom never even made it into development. sakurai picked robin early on
>>
>>253751603

> 2014
> still thinking only furries can like anthropomorphic characters

Please stop breathing you retarded piece of shit. Anthro characters are perfectly fine as long as you don't make worshipping them part of your identity.
>>
>>253747845
not even that guy but holy shit just stop
>>
>>253764378
>Implying a RH rep wont be in
>>
Attachment to:
>>253765168

Doing enough digging around, I am lead to believe that the whole "My Little Pony" craze got started by similar events. A bunch of people started posting it up as a joke, only for it to genuinely catch on with people, evolving into what we witness today. So believe me when I say that my claim to the "K. Rool in S4" situation is made with precedence. But honestly, any clue on how this got started would be appreciated. I like to stay informed.
>>
File: 1404976501705.jpg (25 KB, 439x328) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1404976501705.jpg
25 KB, 439x328
>>253749572
>Chrom being dropped and replaced with an entirely different character
>a last second change
ok
>>
>>253765223
That's a lot of assumptions and reading things that aren't there. By your logic, Captain Falcon shouldn't have come back, nor should Fox. Sakurai explicitly said they didn't show Yoshi until then because they were making him upright, not because they were waiting to advertise YNI.

It's the same brand of stupid assumptions surrounding every Smash Bros game, and it's always wrong.
>>
>>253767071
Look, there are exceptions to every pattern. Some characters are EXPECTED to be in. So in the interest of pleasing fans, of course Falcon and Fox are in. It wouldn't be smash if they weren't.
>>
>>253766861
But if you choose not to respond, or give me a logical theory to work with that lead to the seemingly blind hope I'm witnessing in every single S4 thread, I will simply believe that this is all one massive joke that many are in on, with a small few who feel genuinely hopeful.
Ball's in your court. I'm keeping tabs on this thread while looking around.
>>
>>253742582
Cut Lucas. I love Mother 3 and all but his time came and went, sadly NoA does not really give a fuck about Mother 3. If this somehow changes within a few months though Lucas should stay.

Add
Any hunter from the Metroid series
Bomberman
K Rool
Mach Rider
Issac/Shulk, either one but not both
>>
File: 1399621910448.gif (178 KB, 212x327) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1399621910448.gif
178 KB, 212x327
>>253742582
So...why wasn't the blue haired girl next to Ike given the same slot as Marth?

I'm probably asking something that's already been answered, but I'm confused as to why since that's not the case for any other character that can be played in both genders. It just seems like a waste, unless she actually does something different.
>>
File: 1357244536606.jpg (70 KB, 242x242) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1357244536606.jpg
70 KB, 242x242
>>253747054
>>
>>253762441
>>253761327
>Wanting to remove my main
why
>>
>>253762441
can you post webms to /v/ of you throwing up when ridley's confirmed?
>>
>>253767972
Originally an alt costume for Marth but Sakurai decided it wouldn't work and gave her a slightly tweaked moveset of Marth's, giving her her own slot.
>>
OP and I see eye to eye.
Rob master race
>>
All of the remaining slots are glover
>>
File: 11110.jpg (6 KB, 151x119) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
11110.jpg
6 KB, 151x119
>>253747054
>>
File: Smash threads.jpg (112 KB, 979x911) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Smash threads.jpg
112 KB, 979x911
>>253770441
>tfw this is no longer relevant
>>
>>253751525

Fuck off. Me and my friends love playing as fox, Falco and wolf in one match.
>>
>>253744380
>edgy
>autistic
careful with those buzzwords there bud
>>
>>253745437
>primate SJWs to make the game series seem fair and balanced to all species
please stop letting /v/ do your thinking for you
>>
File: 1405707144284.jpg (131 KB, 979x911) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405707144284.jpg
131 KB, 979x911
>>253771108
>>
>>253764660
I never want to say never, because Sakurai could put him in as a secret character. His moveset was bomb as fuck, though, literally. It'd be a shame to see it go, unless Sakurai implements it onto a more Nintendo relevant character. But again, he could be in, Kojima says he doesn't care and Nintendo hasn't said a single thing.
>>
>>253751525
>krystal
>relevant

what if he wants to add characters that didn't ruin starfox?
>>
>>253772014
Thank you
>>
Cut Lucas

Mewtwo
Impa
Sceptile
Weavel
Bayonetta
>>
>>253751525
krystal hasn't make an appearence in a game in 8 years
>>
Lucas becomes Ness alt.

Grass Pokémon (I guess I choose Seceptile, purely due to ORAS)
Big Bossutherland (is just Snake)
Paper Mario
Crash Bandicoot (a man can dream)
Inkling (although this is Smash, not Advert All-Stars)
>>
>>253773040
you should cut youself
>>
>>253773180
>Lucas becomes Ness alt.
just like making lucina a marth alt?
>>
>>253773317
No, his differences are stripped away entirely.
>>
>>253742582
King K. Rool
Ridley OR Mewtwo
Mach Rider
Chibi Robo

I'd like those options. I think Ridley would be great to have, but I know Mewtwo is a big fan favorite and was fun to play as. I can't choose between those two.
>>
>>253760285
>>253760745
Not possible because Saki has the generic SSB icon. If Isa were getting in or if there was even a stage, there'd be a unique one.
>>
>>253773490
>but I know Mewtwo is a big fan favorite

How does that make him different from Ridley? Ridley is also big and a fan favorite.
>>
>>253773487
sakurai say that he characters won't be alt if his propities and moves are different
they are for lucas
>>
>>253773673
I know.
The thread says to cut a character, I decided that would be the best way to do it.

Calm your titties.
>>
>>253773590
>also big
Subtle. I know, and if I had to choose I'd go with Ridley but they could butcher him and make him not fun to play as. I'm just worried how they'd execute Ridley if they ever put him in. Then again, this is the same franchise that made Mr. Game & Watch so there is probably nothing to worry about.
>>
I just started typing about how adding another column only adds 3 new spots because of the random space. I think I might be retarded.

That said, I'd love to see K.Rool in or Toon Ganon who uses swords, however unlikely.
>>
Ridley had already been confirmed as a stage hazard.

You Ridleyfags are just buruing your selves to the ground at this point.
>>
I want as many IPs repped as possible, so:
>Andy
>Mach Rider
>Ray Mk III
>Sheriff
>>
>>253760758
>It seems weird that Nintendo keeps putting Charizard in every fucking game
FTFY
>>
>>253774658
>Andy
Good man
>Mach Rider
Great man
>>
>>253773490
>I can't choose between those two.
have them both and cut chibi robo
>>
>>253775949
Yknow, I'm actually genuilly RUSTLED charizard is in and not squirtle. Why oh why must sakurai tease us by putting him in brawl then taking him out. Godammit.. my favorite mon...
>>
>>253777445
i think blastoise would've been a pretty cool new slower/tank character. like physically he'd be like bowser but with a completely different moveset. it would be a nice contrast to all the fast and light pokemon characters we have, plus there isn't a lot of slow powerful characters in the first place
>>
I wonder if people really ARE going to supposedly "drop" Smash if the only villains end up being Ganondorf, Wario, Bowser, Dedede, and Wolf.
>>
>>253778142
when have people ever actually dropped any game over not having something they like in it?
>>
File: 1122.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1122.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>253747108
Let me edit that for you
>>
>>253778709
you ruined it
>>
Natahn Drake, Banjo and Kazooie, and I guess Master Chief.
>>
>>253778709
>3 slots for mii
>>
>>253764378
It's pretty likely Shulk and Chorus Kids are in you retard.

You really think Nintendo is not going to rep a highly requested character from one of their subsidiary's critically acclaimed, most popular game, which has a spiritual sequel in development for Wii U?!
>>
File: slimer.jpg (75 KB, 201x171) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
slimer.jpg
75 KB, 201x171
I can't believe people think there will be more new Pokemon.

We are not going to see a trailer for a Pokemon newcomer, as the specifically Pokemon-themed Greninja announcement trailer showed us all there was to see out of the Pokemon franchise.
>>
>>253779573
How is it gonna play out if it's not with three slots?
>>
>>253779595
I don't think Rhythm Heaven has a highly requested character from one of their subsidiary's most popular game with a spiritual sequel in development, so I don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>253742582

I drop any roster that doesn't have a 3rd DK rep. I'm pretty confident about it. No way that FE gets 4 reps (maybe even Kirby and Star Fox as well) and DK doesn't.
>>
>>253779739
its not mii gunner, brawler and fighter
its Mii fighters they are just one slot where you choose between all the miis you will create
search on gamespot a video of e3 where they talk about this
ps: you can have more than one of each class
>>
>>253779891
I'm talking about Shulk, obviously.
>>
>>253779646
We had 6 pokemon in brawl, so it's not hard to believe that people think there will be 6 once more.
>>
>>253751982
>Takamaru

literally who
>>
>>253780217
If that's the case, they'll have been in these games before. I can't see them making another Pokemon newcomer trailer.
>>
>>253779980
can't find the video which mentions the slots thing
>>
>>253745171
Treehouse @ E3.
>>
I'd be surprised how accurate this become.
>>
The icons in Brawl changed size and ratio when more characters were unlocked. Melee as well. Smash 4 will most likely follow suit.
>>
There were some Final Fantasy chars in Mario Basketball on the DS. Can't them implement FF chars in SSBU?

muh Auron
>>
File: ghirahim.jpg (92 KB, 500x513) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ghirahim.jpg
92 KB, 500x513
>>253742582
Cut Wolf

Ghirahim
K. Rool
Ridley
Ken Masters or Ryu
Raitoningu
>>
>>253742789
>Cut Ice Climbers
>add in more sonic and mega man characters

Are you mentally retarded?
>>
>>253784067
No
>>
File: double gay.jpg (64 KB, 363x326) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
double gay.jpg
64 KB, 363x326
>>253786024
>not wanting to see Sony's Lightning vs Nintendo's Lightning at tournaments
>>
>>253787460
>Lightning
Why are you here
>>
>>253788362
I know she's a terrible character. That's why I want a giant slew of Nintendo characters to beat the shit out of her in Smash.
>>
>>253789548
You have a problem
>>
>>253780217
>>253781096
Yeah, the other Pokemon reps are Jigglypuff and Mewtwo. Not hard to figure out.
>>
>>253742789
are you feeling ok anon?
you may have some kind of mental problem.
>>
I'm pretty sure every veteran from Brawl will return with the exception of Snake and Pokemon Trainer, for obvious reasons.

>b-but muh slots

Slots don't exist.
>>
Is nintendo even trying? Smash could have 100 characters by now if they stopped being lazy. They act like this game is a yearly release or some shit with the amount of characters they add.
>>
File: LANDMASTAH.jpg (149 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
LANDMASTAH.jpg
149 KB, 1024x768
>>253745460
>F-Zero rep
>not this guy
>impying his final smash won't be LAND MASTAH
>>
We don't know how many slots on the roster Mii Fighters take up yet.

It could be one, but I've also heard 3, and I've also heard they share a slot with the random button.

Whichever it is, will determine how many more characters they can fit.

I'm going to assume they share a slot with the random button, meaning we get 5 more characters.

So I'm guessing:

>Takamaru
>Dixie Kong
>Mewtwo
>Marsall
>King K Rool
>>
File: ridly.png (8 KB, 318x348) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ridly.png
8 KB, 318x348
>>
>>253794781
Why does he have the same name as Fox's father?
>>
>>253762936
>I know you are but what am I?
sick comeback bro
>>
Cut Lucas

Brock Lesnar
Ryuko Matoi
Mako
Ridley
>>
>>253796519
Forgot, add either Paul Heyman or K. Rool
>>
>>253760615
>Chrom/Lucina
>Canon

Isn't Chrom her daddy though?
>>
Cut Lucas

>King K Rool or Dixie Kong, don't care who
>Marshal or some other Rhythm Heaven rep
>Shulk since Xenoblade Chronicles X is being pushed hard
>Mach Rider or Takamaru for the retro character
>Something really off the wall and bizarre, like Napoleon using a Hanafuda card moveset
Thread replies: 498
Thread images: 64
Thread DB ID: 4994



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [