[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I played all the way through FE:A and really wanted to include

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 6

File: masahiro_sakurai-640x360.jpg (43KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
masahiro_sakurai-640x360.jpg
43KB, 640x360px
>I played all the way through FE:A and really wanted to include a character from that rich cast in Smash Bros. Naturally, I considered adding Chrom to the roster, but the decision wasn’t easy by any means.

Who did he marry?
>>
Lucina
>>
>>253689607
Considering how he treated Chrom, it probably was not his first choice.
>>
Lucina, who else would be?
>>
>add Marth
>add Ike

how is not adding Chrom a difficult decision
>>
>>253689607
Isn't it obvious?
>>
>>253689607
Who the fuck do you think he added?

I'll give you a hint, she's the bitch that pretended to be Marth and still pretends to be him in Smash.
>>
File: Lucina-1.jpg (156KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
Lucina-1.jpg
156KB, 640x800px
Do you even have to ask?
>>
Shoulda been sully.
>>
>>253689825
Because he liked Robin too and Robin would work differently than Ike and Marth, being a caster and all.
>>
File: 1403401517311.png (45KB, 306x273px) Image search: [Google]
1403401517311.png
45KB, 306x273px
>People saying Lucina
>Made to look like complete shit in the reveal trailer. Cpt. Falcon parries her sword with his fucking fist.
>Gives her almost no development time, takes the one good thing Marth has and removes it and essentially makes Lucina "Marth with Training Wheels".
>Basically says "This bitch is lucky she's even in the game"

If he married her he probably would have treated her better than that. I legitimately think he was just told to add her because Nintendo wanted more female characters
>>
I found it weird that he mentioned Robin can't use dark magic, when he can be whatever he wants. I suppose he CAN'T while being a tactician, though.
>>
>Sakurai was planning to include Chrom in Smash Bros
>He gets NTR'd
>fast forward to last Monday
>Chrom is on the ground with the shit beaten out of him
So, who do you think Chrom stole from him?
>>
>>253690716
If I had to guess, Sumia, It took way too much thought in my current playthough to have them avoid each other and them both leveling equally.
>>
>>253689810
>>253689869
>>253689873
Sakurai made it a point of saying that she's lucky she's in the game. I doubt he likes her and it almost sounds like he was forced to include her.

If he liked her he wouldn't have made her Marth, but shittier because she has less killing potential.
>>
>>253690457
I think it's mentioned somewhere in Awakening (can't remember where exactly) that it's not so much "can't" as "won't". Something about how Robin is unnerved at how easily dark magic comes to him or something.
>>
>>253691149
Oh, my, I didn't know about this.
>>
Lon'qu would have been cool as fuck but the LITERALLY WHO would have been too much
>>
>Lucina voted most popular female in FE:A in some Jap poll
>being surprised she's in it
>>
>>253691149
I don't remember that. And it wouldn't make sense because you can reclass him to any class that can use dark magic without any fuss.
>>
>>253691282
I wish Lyn would be playable, I dont know if im in a minority for liking her, but she is the first character in FE i really liked.
>>
>>253691426
I'm not surprised she's in it at all. I predicted she at the very least would be an alt costume for Marth ages ago.
>>
>>253691550
To be fair that's probably a gameplay/story segregation. Besides, as much as I like Awakening, "consistency" isn't exactly its middle name.
>>
>>253691557

Nah that is a common pleb opinion. Lyn is literally babby's first waifu
>>
>>253691557
>I dont know if im in a minority for liking her, but she is the first character in FE i really liked.
She was the first character that anyone in the Western fanbase liked, considering how she's the first character in the first localized game who holds the player's hand for 10 whole chapters.
I want her too
>>
>>253691849
I know Hector is the favorite lord for most people in the game, but I ended up hating him, for the soul fact when he leveld up in my file he leveled up like shit, so Lyn is still my favorite.
>>
>>253692568
If your Hector turned out shit I can only imagine how your Eliwood turned out.
>>
>>253689607
isn't it obvious? it was emm
>>
>>253689607
Which is the FE:A waifu most like Palutena? Probably that one.
>>
>>253692972
Cherche.
>>
>>253692704
Funny enough, Eliwood turned out fantastic, but Lyn turned out the best, if she did not one shot someone she left them with 2 hitpoints or around that.
>>
>>253691112
My guess is that its a similar situation to Roy where Lucina is going to be the main lord in a sequel. Just like for melee, Sakurai was originally going to have Marth as the new moveset with leaf as the clone but was "asked" by intelligent systems to put Roy in instead.
>>
>>253689825
Because Chrom was borderline irrelevant in his own game but a main lord by nonetheless.
>>
>>253693481
Well we don't know if Lucina's getting her own game, but yeah, we're definitely getting another game set in Ylisse, that's just the way it is.

1/3, 11/12 = Archanea duology
4/5 = Jugdral duology
6/7 = Elibe duology
9/10 = Tellius duology

I mean even without Awakening's crazy success, that's just how the pattern goes.
>>
>>253693481
We'll have to see if he drops her for the next game too, but that won't be for years if ever, we don't know what nintendo's situation will be.

I'm still going to try her out, but Sakurai made Lucina's Falchion do more even damage, unlike Marth where he does the most damage at the tip, like a fencer. We'll have to see how much this gimps Lucina, if at all. Typically characters good for beginners are not good over all, although Meta knight was supposedly supposed to be good for beginners and he certainly was not a bad fighter in Brawl.
>>
>>253693738
lord more like shitlord lol
>>
>>253691112
He said it's lucky that she's a character rather than an alt costume for Marth because there property differences are so slight.
>>
tbh lucina's inclusion just annoys me in general. i was hoping her inclusion meant that other franchises would get similar characters (black shadow for F Zero, that sort of thing) but she's a special case because sakurai somehow decided costumes of different characters are fine but she should be her own character anyways.
>>
>>253691607
guessed*
>>
>>253694076
>We'll have to see if he drops her for the next game too
Probably not. Ike got to stay because he is a retardedly popular Lord, and Lucina dwarfs him in popularity. She may very well be here to stay.

Robin on the other hand, will stay in his own way. The concept of "Fire Emblem MU" will stay, but Robin himself will likely be updated to whatever the current MU of the time is.

>but that won't be for years if ever, we don't know what nintendo's situation will be.
Don't listen to the shitposting. Nintendo's not doing too hot right now, but honestly, they could be doing much, much worse.
>>
>>253691426
I'd say a lot of people are surprised considering that for the longest time you couldn't suggest the idea of Lucina being in Smash without being called deluded.
>>
>>253694681
Oh definitely. IMO that's one of the best parts of this reveal; /v/'s going to be eating humble pie for weeks before this ends.

Then when the next Smash gets announced they'll pretend it never happened and that they like, totally called Lucina from the getgo, man.
>>
I think he wanted to marry Sumia but got NTR'd by Chrom (that's when he decided not to include him).
>>
>>253694681
TBH her inclusion was kind of a curve ball

>Marth gets in, people who for some reason thought he'd be replaced with Chrom/Lucina start crying
>L-L-LUCINA'S GONNA BE A ALT COSTUME
>that's fucking retarded, she's a different character
>cut to robin's reveal
>she is a character
>but she was going to be a costume

I'm more surprised that Sakurai considered male/female villagers/wft to be comparable to Marth/Lucina.
>>
>>253694452
I legitimately even said she was going to be a costume. Sakurai threw a curveball at me by changing the way her sword works and giving her her own character slot but I figured she was going to be in the game in some capacity. Just with how easy including her would be and all.
>>
>>253694403
Just think of her as a "bonus" character (because she is, really) and there's nothing to be upset about.
>>
>>253694006
Magvel. Your argument is invalid!
>>
>>253690296
I think he likes Lucina, but he probably didn't marry her in his game.

Sakurai probably went for Tiki.
>>
>>253695226
>Gaiden: no sequel
>Sacred Stones: no sequel
>Awakening: game with similar mechanics to Gaiden and Sacred Stones
>>
>>253695226
I feel like there would have been a second Magvel game if they weren't in a rush to make a GC Fire Emblem before that console died out. Even when Sacred Stones came it was on old hardware.
>>
>>253694006
>>253695517
>patternfags
>>
File: tharja_by_minevi-d6aqphd.jpg (439KB, 675x1035px) Image search: [Google]
tharja_by_minevi-d6aqphd.jpg
439KB, 675x1035px
>>
>>253695517
Gaiden did take place in same world as 1/3/11/12, for what that's worth. Some characters from FE1 still appeared. Makes sense since it was called "gaiden".
>>
>>253695517
I think popularity plays the biggest factor and IIRC neither of those were among the best-selling in the series by any means. Awakening, however, creams every other.
>>
Does Sakurai even want to make these games anymore? Is he like Kojima? Was Brawl his MGS4?

I'm pretty sure I heard Nintendo announced Brawl before even asking Sakurai if he'd be the director of the game.
>>
>>253695715
Magvel didn't really have any unresolved problems that I can think of, though. If they were going to make a sequel, what would the plot be about?
>>
>>253696268
Don't know about Brawl, but Iwata absolutely announced Smash 4 without even telling him.
>>
>>253696481
They could do a prequel with all the nations uniting to seal the demon king
>>
>>253696772
I guess.
But the same could be said of Elibe. Frankly, the Scouring sounds like a way more interesting war.
>>
>>253696580
I think he might have known about this game, it was Brawl where Iwata announced it without informing Sakurai.

>At the pre-E3 2005 press conference, the president of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata, announced the next installment of Super Smash Bros. was not only already in development for their next gaming console, but would be a launch title with Wi-Fi compatibility for online play. The announcement was unexpected to the creator of the Super Smash Bros. series, Masahiro Sakurai. Back in 2003, he had left HAL Laboratory, the company that was in charge with the franchises' and the Kirby series' development and was never informed of this announcement despite the fact shortly after resigning from the company, Iwata said if a new game was to be made, he would be in charge. It was not until after the conference Sakurai was called to Satoru Iwata's room on the top floor of a Los Angeles hotel where he was told by Iwata, "We'd like you to be involved in the production of the new Smash Bros., if possible near the level of director".
>>
>>253695226
I think Magvel is more the exception to the rule than anything.

I just don't count Gaiden because it's really the weird installment of the series. I'm surprised IS even acknowledged it in Awakening, honestly.
>>
>>253692972
They're anime-style characters. Aside from hair color/style, they all look the same.
>>
>>253696268
Sakurai makes them because he thinks anybody else would've done a shit job.

He's a prima donna, but he does good work.
>>
>>253695316
>You will never ara ara with MILF Tiki after she gave birth to Morgan
>>
>>253699980
He hates making sequels, which is why he quit, but I guess that's why he wants to make each Smash game unique beyond 'bigger roster' etc, to avoid the problems of what most sequels do.
>>
>>253692972
Naga is the most like Palutena.

But she can't be married. Her daughter Tiki can.
>>
>>253700782
That must be such a shitty job to accept considering all Smashfags want ever is Melee with HD graphics.
>>
>>253690457
Shadowgift
>>
>>253696481
Supposedly after the game ends Grado is destroyed by an earthquake, which Lyon was trying to evitate
you could write a story based on that
>>
>Implying Sakurai didn't play as a girl
>>
>>253703297
I'd love anything if it meant getting Ephraim again.
Just make the game about everyone going evil and Ephraim kicking their shit in
>>
>>253703525
>Ephraim killing his friends, SMT style
pls IS
>>
File: 2 slow.png (99KB, 250x243px) Image search: [Google]
2 slow.png
99KB, 250x243px
>>253694095
More like gaylord HAHAHAH GET IT

GAY

LORD!

GAYLORD!!!

HAHAHAHAHHHAHHHAHHAHHHHAHAHAHHAHA
>>
>>253689607
Lucina. That trailer makes Robin/Lucina a thing.

Did no one else play as oldfag Robin? Oldfag Robin was the shit and I'm pissed he got passed up for this generic teenage bullshit.
>>
>>253689607
>Sakurai says Robin can't use dark magic
muh autism flared up
I get what he meant, but it would've been better if he said without classing switching or something similar.
>>
>>253703735

I'm sure he'll be an alt.
>>
File: 1404606329005.jpg (125KB, 949x948px) Image search: [Google]
1404606329005.jpg
125KB, 949x948px
>>253691550

>through supports with her mom, noire says can't use dark magic

>can still reclass as dark mage
>>
Sakurai also has SMRPG in his VC

do you know what this means?

Jonathan Jones confirmed for SSB4
>>
>>253690859
Awesome. This happened to me--Sakurai and I are blood brothers.

I also married Lucina to take my revenge.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.