[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/v/ was right about this game its pretty good. >insanely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 452
Thread images: 66

File: Fscreen.jpg (339KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Fscreen.jpg
339KB, 1600x900px
/v/ was right about this game its pretty good.

>insanely good graphics for an mmo
>cool designs
>decent combat
>nice ui
>dat ost

game is comy as fuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys1M-zftP4I&index=2&list=LL3zbdk8gh4e4q6GF5FPoMBg
>>
bump for vidya
>>
>decent combat

Standing around chucking out skills got old ten years ago.
>>
>>252796038
Then how millions still play wow?
>>
>2.5s GCD
>no EU servers
I mean the first point could somehow be tolerable. But fuck the second one, I ain't playing with a >100 ping. I couldn't even get more than one off-GCD skill in between two spells, which made the game feel clunky as fuck.
>>
The game looks nice but holy shit MMO combat is so boring. I re-subbed 2 days ago and I'm regretting it. I'm only like lvl 11 so I haven't gotten into the meat of the game but holy fuck why how do people do this?
>>
>>252797646
Oh don't worry, the EU servers will happen after DQX gets localised.
>>
ded game
ded thread
ded bait
>>
All of the monsters we're literally just ported from FFXI and not changed at all, and they came up with the blandest armour designs.

Shit game.
>>
>>252796839
People don't play wow for good combat, they play it because of social reasons.
>>
>>252798517

Until you are max level you dont have a valid opinion on combat. ESPECIALLY when youre not even cross classing skills even.

Play a max level monk in any boss fight and if you feel like combat is boring, then I know youre bullshitting or a shitty monk, but the 2.5cd makes sense at max level, not at low level, and the only reason anyone complains is because theyre used to spamming buttons in wow.
>>
>>252800118

Does the combat ever evolve out of pushing number keys and monitoring cooldowns?
>>
Dropped xiv a while ago. Playing xi on a private server now and having a great time
>>
>>252800239

Thats a gross over simplification of the game, but if thats what it is to you then you shouldnt be playing an MMO.
>>
I don't even like MMO's and the OST alone is making me wana play it.
Is it worth it only for that?

I mean shit listen to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU1sbMthmbI
beautiful
>>
>>252800618

Thats like the best track, not to say that the music is shit but it is really good.

If the soundtrack is enough to make you want to play it then give it a try, its not bad, but the battle music could have been better.
>>
What else am I missing?
>>
>>252800618
It's just generic jap neoclasical.
Haven't you played any jap games?
It's the same in all of them(not counting their weird electro rock/metal).
>>
>>252797646
>>no EU servers
Say what. Even a turd like TOR has EU servers
>>
When are the next free days? I had to stop playing a week after release because I was fucking broke and I haven't played it since. I've got dosh again now but I want to try it before I resub.
>>
File: 1404902062189.png (167KB, 330x424px) Image search: [Google]
1404902062189.png
167KB, 330x424px
>>252801839
I think the servers are in fucking canada or something.
>>
>>252796038

Want to know how I know you haven't raided?
>>
>pick a server
>turns out its 40 % germans and 40% French
>cannot communicate

What EU server should i go to if i want to speak english?
>>
Anyone here on Balmung? Looking for people to play with.
>>
>>252800618
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDG1rIz1S7k

How about this?
>>
>>252802208
Raiding isn't that much different.
Coil's raid encounters is literally simmon says and follow the leader in fantasy form.
>>
File: shantotto2.jpg (390KB, 1605x902px) Image search: [Google]
shantotto2.jpg
390KB, 1605x902px
>>
>>252802472

But I know you're not good enough to actually encounter and defeat the boss

You can describe everything so simply, but to pull it off is another story, it's not complex by any means, but it has it's challenge
>>
>>252802376
That beard looks so bad holy shit.
Aside from that, music sounds like generic animu opening.
>>
>>252802352
I've unsubscribed until the 18th because I have a major assignment due but after that i'll be free to play.
Hit me up. Name is Glasya Labolas.
>>
>>252802352
> going on Balmung
You poor soul
>>
>>252802789
You're right it's not complex, but you're wrong as it's not challenging.
The difficulty in FF XIV is barely non existent, leveling from 1-50 is actually one giant tutorial just to explain to you MMO mechanics that has been a common staple for many years now.

You can defend the end game PVE all you want, but you can't defend the fact that the game has been heavily influenced and casualized thanks to Japanese players and consoles, it's a joke when end-game content can be completed with a fucking PS3 controller thanks to the 2 second global cooldown and large AoE prints littered all over the floor so retarded people can see where the fire is going to be so they don't stand in it.
>>
>>252802376
>Not Titan with its Phase-changing music

Used to sweat fucking bullets when making it past heart HM around the time HM was patched in.
>>
>>252801970
that's not how it works son.
you get 30 free days upon purchase, if you wanna play it after those, you sub.
>>
>>252803615
Wasn't there supposed to be free time this weekend or something?
>>
>>252801970
Next weekend.
>>
>>252803714
Got delayed to next weekend.
>>
File: bad end.jpg (240KB, 1893x1054px) Image search: [Google]
bad end.jpg
240KB, 1893x1054px
>>252803495

you speak much of which you have no real knowledge of

the controller is better for movement than the kbm. its the toaster hardware that makes the console players bad
>>
>>252802208
I stopped playing the beta after 30 minutes of playing FFXI.

I'm tired of shitty combat.
I'm tired of doing over 9000 quests.
I'm tired of rushing to max level.
I'm tired of theme parks.

I thought when I signed up for beta that maybe this mmo would be a bit different since everyone praised FF11, however this game is more of the same.

It pisses me off because I know you fags are playing this for the graphics and ip.
>>
>>252804424

so you pick an mmo with worse combat, more quests, absolutely nothing to do at low levels and nothing to do but raid instead nothing to do but stuff at max level?
>>
>>252804903
Like I said, I tried the beta to see what all the commotion was about.

Before ARR came out, there were hype threads every wee about it.
Since I didn't have a mmo to play at the time, I figured I would sign up and give it a try.

I was pretty disappointed, to say the least.
>>
File: rune.jpg (10KB, 255x265px) Image search: [Google]
rune.jpg
10KB, 255x265px
>>252803891
>you speak much of which you have no real knowledge of

funny, considering that I already reached end game, grinded to hell and back for my ATMA, reached level cap for a couple of jobs, and I already cleared Coil T4 with just a PuG (which is considered a milestone since most PuGs dont even get past T2)

the game is shit if you're looking for good end-game, it's only worth playing for the ERP and the surprisingly friendly community.
>>
>>252792668

Yeah, I played it from launch until a little while ago. It's a fun game, but once you hit end-game it becomes a bit of a chore, always running dailies and raids.

Made me quit because it was the first MMO I ever really got invested into and then realized how putrid the raiding community is.
>>
>>252805773

nothing you mentioned is end game
>>
I dropped this game so hard when I realized that FATE grinding to the level cap was the only viable solution to reach the level cap without spending countless hours doing fetch quests and levequests just to level up.

End game isn't that great either because you still have to grind and farm just to get acceptable gear to enter the end-game content.
>>
>>252805956
>level capped content isn't endgame

care to explain what is endgame then? it surely can't be worse than what it already is.
>>
>>252800473
Top and Clumsy, come back, we miss you
>>
>>252806042

It actually isn't anymore, but I also hate FATES.
>>
>>252803495

Leveling 1-max level in any MMO was never a challenge, it's just now less of a grind

And it's actually damn good design that they make it where it's more of a tutorial, you clearly haven't played earlier MMOs to think for a second they were ready once they hit max level, people were fuck stupid back then... That was the challenge no one didn't know a damn thing. MMO content now is actually more difficult by design in every way, it's just through better game design is that people are actually prepared for it

And there is no issues at all that content can be completed with a controller, it's set up very well so you can move and use your abilities while still doing the fights mechanics... Mouse and Keyboard is still superior but that doesn't stop a controller from being a viable way to play the game

And what's wrong with AoE prints on the floor during battle? Are people suppose to take a wild guess where the boss is going to attack? They're very fast and require you to have decent reaction time and a know about of your surroundings to avoid
>>
>>252800848
2.5 second global cooldown.
>>
>>252803891
I didn't play much FFXIV since playing from Europe is horrible, but I can't imagine how this would be true unless backwards movement is as fast as frontal movement.
>>
>>252802509

>Gruntilda in an mmo
>>
>>252806398
>They're very fast and require you to have decent reaction time

are you a snail that's posting on 4chan by any chance?
>>
>>252806421

Why do people say that? ALl your cooldowns are based on or spell and skill speed. They may start at 2.5 seconds, but in later levels it cuts that down exponentially.
>>
>>252806183

Sure, did you even beat t5? All extremes?
>>
File: 1402353005043.jpg (7KB, 238x255px) Image search: [Google]
1402353005043.jpg
7KB, 238x255px
I've had it since launch (ARR). I took a break after October and restarted last month. Quickly got to level 50, and did the final mission last night
>want to enjoy the cutscenes
>realize everybody is skipping ahead
>really cool moments like hijacking a magitek armor
>don't know whats going on because people are just rushing the final dungeon
>get left out of 2 boss fights
>Have to skip cutscenes to rush ahead
>feels like a lot of cool stuff is happening but am missing out
>"...well I guess that was fun?"
Was god damn fucking annoying. I can understand on the regular dungeons wanting to skip the intro or boss cutscene but god that shit is ridiculous.
>>
>>252803891
>the controller is better for movement than the kbm
try to kite in endgame PVP with a controller and see what happens
>>
>>252806632

Not him, but I've done that, and I have to say that T6-9 made me quit. Mostly because of the people.
>>
>>252806613
Yeah to 2,42
Exponentially
>>
>>252806674

Don't run a duty-finder, then.
>>
>>252806674
>not knowing about this before starting to play
Your fault for expecting fun.
>>
>>252806765

Definitely had it less tha that when I was popping spells as my WHM.
>>
>>252806674
You can watch the cut scenes again at an inn, who cares.
>>
>>252806632
oh boy, higher stats and less time to react on mechanics.

it's not difficult by any means, but you always have that one retarded person who doesn't react fast enough either because they have severe ADD or are playing from Europe since NA/EU servers are all located in Canada.

It's not the difficulty I'm mainly complaining about, I'm complaining about the excessive use of grinding and tier lockouts just to actual get to the meat and potatoes of the games content.
>>
>>252806765
>2,42
Too generous. It's more like 2.48
>>
>>252807141

>I'm complaining about the excessive use of grinding and tier lockouts just to actual get to the meat and potatoes of the games content.

That's the general content of MMOs, you just sound like you hate the genre it self
>>
>>252806398

>Leveling 1-max level in any MMO was never a challenge

It used to be. You know, when MMOs were actually worth a shit and had content the whole way though instead of loading everything into some huge ass gear treadmill at the level cap.
>>
Is it just me, or have people forgotten how much nicer 1.0 looked? I wish I could find the opening cinematic that played when you first started your character with the ship and the parade. It's fucking unreal how much they scaled back for ARR.
>>
>>252807141

I kind of see where your coming from because a lot ,of the difficulty doesn't rely on the mechanics, but being patient enough to make sure everyone in your team has them down.

The difficulty is that one small fuck up from one person can ruin the entire battle. That's just so annoying to me, however. I enjoy team based strategic combat, where we can help out our teammates if they are falling behind or getting fucked, but in this game, you all have a specific role where if anything goes wrong slightly, you're all fucked.

Kinda bullshit to me.
>>
File: CxYcds0h.jpg (60KB, 1024x585px) Image search: [Google]
CxYcds0h.jpg
60KB, 1024x585px
>>252799263
>final fantasy monsters are from final fantasy games
>somehow bad

>bad armor
>implying
Pic related dumbass
>>
>>252807310
WoW and PSO episode 1&2 was more enjoyable than ARR and both games had grinding out the ass too.
>>
>>252807315

Hey maybe the new Everquest will be open world and not hold your hand like a baby.

pffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
>>
>>252807087
That's what I realized at the end, but
>who cares
The problem was getting left behind, not just from cutscenes but in general. There was no communication, just rushing. It was not fun. I know why people were doing it as
>>252806893
pointed out, just because I used duty finder I could finish every dungeon before that and watch cutscenes, except the final dungeon, which penalized for doing so.
>>
>>252807547

Then go play those games, don't see where you're getting at
>>
>>252807530

My only issue with the armor in this game is that a lot of the shit you wear up to end-game looks better than your end game shit. Fuck anything Darklight. Luckily they updated with new gear, but some of it still looks so awful.

And classes all wearing the exact same gear always pisses me off. I wish they'd design a mechanic where you're gear drops or you finish a quest and collect your reward, but it's visually different from if someone else obtained it.

I guess that's what the prism system is for.
>>
>>252807696

Most likely because that dungeon is fairly longer than the others and there's three boss-battles in a row.
>>
>>252807141

>TFW im in England and ive never ever had any trouble dodging Titans line of death.

Sounds like people need to git gud

Im still shocked that people can fail normal mode titan even when explained the tactics
>>
>>252807559

I really don't have any hopes for any MMOs these days. They have all lost sight of what made them good and unique to begin with and are not really worth it any more. Everyone is trying to make shit more convenient for people playing solo and it just wrecks what the community could be.

I really miss when you COULDN'T do everything on a single character. When you would hunt together with people and actually shoot the shit with them in the mean time. When you actually had some incentive to help other people and to work together.

But that's not the broader audiences want. So fuck 'em.
>>
>>252807961

Seriously.

Also make sure you grab Leatrix's latency fix.
>>
>>252807769
>anon #1 explains why ARR is shit
>anon #2 says he is wrong and that he must hate MMOs
>anon #1 counter argues anon #2's claim
>anon #2 says: "then go play those games instead why are you hating on ARR?"

the point I'm getting at is that ARR is shit, end of story. I would play PSO but the servers shut down years ago and WoW is a shell of it's former self right now.
>>
>>252807989

Sounds like you want FFXI or Ragnarok.
>>
>>252808041
>needing a latency fix for something that should be already fixed on day one

nice game, retards.
>>
Worst MMO on the market right now. Combat is so fucking boring, nobody should have to deal with that.
>>
>>252808041

Yes seriously, Ive never ever had trouble dodging anything in terms of "lag", also why would I need a latency fix when ive had no lag problems what so ever.

The only internet problems ive ever had was from release when you couldnt ever get in the fucking servers because they were full as fuck
>>
>>252808258
Grorious square can do no wrong.
Go away and play something different.
I will play hardcore mmos for True Gamers such as myself.
Bet you can't grind for 3 months like I do.
>>
File: donttouchme.png (64KB, 136x200px) Image search: [Google]
donttouchme.png
64KB, 136x200px
Laughing really fucking hard at the MMO scrubs who think raiding is hard.

You are the very bottom tier of gaming skill, right there with soccer moms playing candy crush.
>>
why does it seem like theres so many paladins and warriors about, yet i have to wait ages for a tank in duty finder?
>>
>>252808174

I do kind of want to get back into FFXI, but I hear they fucked it over when FFXIV released. I'm a little scared to go back and see it warped so far beyond what it once was. The lower population won't really help either. These games need people, that's the whole point.

I've played the ever loving FUCK out of RO. I can't even really think about it too long without feeling burnt out now.

Asheron's Call was a good one too. I hear it's finally giving up the subscription fee. I may have to try it out too for some good ol' nostalgia.
>>
>>252807790
Agreed. Why the hell doesn't this have vanity slots? I'd be shopping like mad to swag out my character if I could have my cake and eat it too.
>>
>>252808540
Tree of Savior is up your alley.
>>
>>252792668
did they fix the 2.5 second gcd?
>>
>>252808478
Hows that H garrosh kill for you?
>>
>>252808575

I does you idiot, Thats what Glamour thing is for

Of course it would have made alot more sense to have fucking vanity slots
>>
File: Final Fantasy.jpg (2MB, 1918x3246px) Image search: [Google]
Final Fantasy.jpg
2MB, 1918x3246px
Is Final Fantasy good again?
>>
File: image.jpg (147KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147KB, 720x480px
All this discussion about it, Okay /v/ this may be my first MMO since runescape which i didnt enjoy so much because i couldnt get into it, and because i didnt knew english that well. So how much is it? Can a casual like me get into it? (casual in the mmo setting) Also can i play as a buff-debuff class so i can be just support?
>>
>>252808118
Actually, it went more like this

>Your claims
>My claims
>You said it's shit, others did it better
>I said you play those games instead
>You straw man me

Also, there was no need for you to come and shit up the thread for a game you don't enjoy, we heard it all before, you don't like the game... You also apparently don't like the games you said were better so what it seems like your a bitter douche nugget
>>
>>252808764
Yes of course fellow Gamer.
Now post more promo shots so we can wallow in our delusions together.
>>
>>252808782
>All them tear gas canisters
That nigga was ready.
>>
I really hate the UI.

The best thing about ffxi was the UI was basically non existent, you didn't even have the chat log filling up space when nothing was happening, all of your macros and abilities stayed hidden until you needed them.

Now with xiv it is just like wow, stupid ass chat box that won't go away, stupid ass abilities bar that won't auto hide itself, stupid ass duty list that you CANT FUCKING CHOSE WHAT SHOWS UP IN IT.

The atmosphere and music are fucking great, but all it takes is some dumb ass UI to full all the edges of the screen to prevent you from enjoying it to its fullest.
>>
I don't get how people can have fun in a game like this other than for ERPing purposes.
The combat system is brain dead simple and slow paced thanks to the long GCD, leveling up other classes/jobs forces you to grind, there are times where you can't progress any further in the game's story because the duty finder queues are too long or you get a group where one person leaves mid-dungeon and then it takes a half hour to find a replacement tank or healer.

How do people find any fun in this?
>>
File: cant handle my swag.gif (978KB, 220x190px) Image search: [Google]
cant handle my swag.gif
978KB, 220x190px
>>252800118
if it takes 50 levels for the game to get good,its not a good game
>>
>>252808782
>>252808982

why would someone need that many gas canisters?
>>
Final Fantasy XIV ARR is a terrible game.

coming from someone who's subbed and has a current endgame geared character.

Bad Timegates

Bad Gear Checks

Extreme lack of originality and individuality of gear. vanity doesn't count, it's a bullshit cop out.

LAZILY DONE Fanservice content constantly dished out alongside MORE timegate nonsense.

2.5 GCD bullshit to force battle rhythm instead of creating a flexible system that rewards creative and innovative resource management and sound, solid strategy.

Very small set of skills

Uninspired and boring enemies brought on by various failed attempts to innovate older enemy designs.

PS3 Limitations.

PS3 LIMITATIONS.

shall I go on?
>>
>>252800618

The OST is God-tier. I'd say just grab it on sale and you can plow through the story during the free month at your leisure and get more than your moneys worth.
>>
>>252808906
If you really want a hugbox where everyone praises the game with absolutely no criticism involved, I recommend migrating to Reddit and staying there since it fits your kind much more.
>>
>>252801839

EU servers are hosted in Canada. You get a better ping playing NA East.
>>
File: JRPGS are back!.jpg (2MB, 2000x3368px) Image search: [Google]
JRPGS are back!.jpg
2MB, 2000x3368px
>>252808947
okie
>>
What most FFXIV:ARR fags what tell you is how incredibly slow the combat is. You will notice this as soon as you start your first level 1 character.

>cast attack/spell
>mob hits you
>3 seconds later
>(yes actually three fucking seconds)
>cast attack/spell again

Literally at max level this goes from 2.5-3.0 full seconds between attacks to maybe 1.5 seconds. It is still incredibly slow and boring.

The combat in this game SUCKS. Everything else is kinda nice.
>>
>>252809029

what the fuck kind of low budget film is that? Im guessing some shit with nobody knows b-list actors
>>
File: Queen Cat.jpg (299KB, 853x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Queen Cat.jpg
299KB, 853x1050px
>>252809094
That protest isn't going to break up itself.
>>
>>252802376
The Ramuh theme is the worst primal theme in the game.
Its trash.

For good XIV music though... lets go back with the wayback machine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFE6eR9jHIs
>>
File: ffxiv_04202014_014006.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_04202014_014006.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
How was Titan EX for you guys?
>>
File: 1398738635682.jpg (36KB, 288x446px) Image search: [Google]
1398738635682.jpg
36KB, 288x446px
>>252809113

>Hates the game
>Plays it until end game
>>
>>252800118
I reached max level on my DRG/LNC and the game really didn't get any better.

The areas and armor got prettier sure, but the endless grind and pressing the same rotational buttons while watching the floor for AoE markers until the enemy is dead is still there and it's even more boring than Runescape's combat.
>>
>>252809305
>to maybe 1.5 seconds
confirmed for not ever playing
>>
>>252809485
>more boring than Runescape's combat.
Impossiburu
>>
>>252797646
Chaos Data Center is European.
>>
>>252809286
What's that game on the top left of bloodborne?
>>
>>252809485
The retarded combat is what did it in for me. I just couldn't stand how much time between attacks there was.

>Press 1, 2 then 3
>Wait 2.5 Seconds
>Press 1, 2, then 3
>Wait 2.5 Seconds

WHY?!

If they brought the GCD to a reasonable level I would have loved it but I was falling asleep playing this fucking game
>>
>>252809113

You know what? Fuck it, I am going on.

Forced storyline/ YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE / generic garbage.

FATEs, which are boring and literally RIFT/GW2 Dynamic Event copycats.

Forced FATE Grind for endgame items that can take weeks due to RNG bullshit

Extreme economic failure in an attempt to force crafting

ICE SKATING because 'animation lock' (yeah I'd like to see you hurl a giant steel axe around, whisking it with no effort while running circles around dragons and shit)

Neon light show bullshit.

Mediocre "modern" UI that only lends further to what is obviously a gigantic amalgamation of contradictory design moves.

UI resizing lacks antialiasing or sharpening and is literally a MS paint tier stretch or compress that looks really ugly and blurs things into blue and yellow abyss.
>>
>>252809445
Aren't you like a year late with this?
>>
>>252809636
Wait, what? Is it really European, or does it just say EU? Because last time I checked, every server tagged as EU was still physically located in Canada.
>>
I played this game's beta.

I mean the one before ARR.

Never. Fucking. Again.
>>
its really good but its too much of a themepark wow clone

i want the original classes of FFXI back, and none of this generic bullshit

like summoner is a fucking warlock with dots its summon is a joke
>>
>>252809445

stop being such a shitty tank then

also >That hotbar setup
>no 1,2,3,4,5 marks
>Featherfoot
>Not mantra

Disgusting
>>
File: 1404876005584.png (18KB, 479x433px) Image search: [Google]
1404876005584.png
18KB, 479x433px
>>252792668
Is it okay if I play this on PS3? Will I be "that guy"?
>>
>>252799263
You kidding, the Armour is great, for the first time in ages in an MMO, my character doesn't look like some rainbow faglord covered in crystals and magma spewing trousers with glowy eyes etc.
>>
File: GCDexample.png (168KB, 733x167px) Image search: [Google]
GCDexample.png
168KB, 733x167px
>>252809591
>http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Global_Cool_Down
>Equipment with Speed bonuses will decrease the GCD.
>>
>>252809836

Do not play this on PS3.

It runs like shit.

It looks like shit.

You will not be able to do anything effectively.
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 520x387px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 520x387px
>>252808982
>>252809094
>>252809373
Answers please
>>
>>252809206

>You: These are FF14 Flaws
>Me: Well, I don't find them flaws
>You: Game is shit, these are better
>Me: Go play those instead

I accept criticism and have no problem discussing the games flaws, but once it derails off the simply calling the game shit, that's where it ends, you opinion from that point is not worth mentioning

I swear there needs to be a stick on criticism 101 on this board
>>
>>252801702
What do you think about this then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WVOMzGx6E8
>>
There were times where I was literally alt-tabbing and posting on /v/ while I was doing most of my Duty Finder dungeons.

The games combat is a joke, I don't understand the people in this thread who defend it. In my eyes, this game is very pretty to look at and is great ERP fuel but nothing past that is worth your time.
>>
>>252809912
>2.40
>1.50
>>
>>252809732

Ooo Ooo i can play this game too!

The retarded combat is what did it in for me in tf2. I just couldn't stand how much time between reloading there was.

>Press left click
>Wait 2.5 Seconds
>Press left click
>Wait 2.5 Seconds

WHY?!

If they brought the reload speed to a reasonable level I would have loved it but I was falling asleep playing this fucking game
>>
It's so funny seeing kids try to complain about fucking consoles with this game, you are truly le master race tools.
>>
>>252809732
this
>>
>>252809912
>2.39 is now 1.50
>>
>>252809912
>2.5s GCD is now 2.39s
like that's supposed to be any better?
the standard GCD is any non boring MMO is always one second, no greater than 1.5 seconds.
>>
File: ffxiv_05312014_144304.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_05312014_144304.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>252808575
They added a vanity system a few updates ago. "Glamour" it's called, though utilizing isn't free since you have to use catalysts to project the images etc etc

Not too bad though, can make some neat outfits.
>>
>>252810038
Cast 1, 2 then 3

By the time 3 is finished casting there will be ~1.5 seconds until you can cast 1 again

Even if 1's cooldown is ~2.40, by the time you finish the third in the rotation there will be ~1.5 seconds until 1 is off cooldown

Are you a fucking retard?
>>
>>252810095
I can see your damaged anus from space.
>>
>>252809965

then anon i give you

>>252809736
>>252809113
>>
>>252810217
>Glamour
Can I turn into Bigby Wolf?
>>
>>252810095
The difference is you're actually engaged, moving around, looking and thinking

In ARR you just stand there and press a button when you can. Skill off cooldown? Press it. Done.
>>
>>252809973
Apart from the utter garbage quality of the audio in the vid(is this sum 80kbps?) It's decent, like some others but nothing special.
The titan/garuda theme was great if only for breaking the boring theme/design of the game.
>>
>>252809678
Tales of Zestiria.
The only one out of the bunch that'll actually be good.
>>
>>252810216
>>252810210
See

>>252810232
fhegs
>>
>>252810232
I'm afraid you're beyond help.
Being a drone really does impair ones brain functionality.
>>
>>252810095
>being this anally ravaged
holy shit, are you going in defensive mode now?
calm your autism before it gets you killed, son.
>>
>>252810485
>The only one out of the bunch that'll actually be good.
You forgot Monster Hunter 4.
>>
>>252810217
is this some new armour
>still made out of plastic
>>
>>252792668
I bought it but dayum, the combat was boring, it's cute graphically though
>>
>>252792668
>>decent combat
Oh god no, the combat in this game blows ass.
I wish more games would just go with the fast-paced action beat em up combat of instanced MMOs, they're so much better.
>>
I like Costa del Sol but the music pisses me off in this region for some reason.
>>
>>252810574
>can't refute accusation
>throws out insult
>thinks he won the argument

I'm afraid you're beyond help.
Continue shelling out a monthly subscription on a game that sucks donkey dicks

Go watch movies if you want a cinematic experience, I don't see why $15.00/month is necessary to see some anime girls shooting fireballs while you press
>1,2,3
Repeatedly

Fagtard
>>
>>252810630
What I actually forgot was TYPE-0.
I'm really not a fan of Monster Hunter. I vastly preferred Toukiden because of the Mitama system and having much more fun weapon types and gameplay speed.

Only thing is that Toukiden is a bit too easy.
>>
File: big boss.jpg (444KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
big boss.jpg
444KB, 1920x1080px
>>252810217
to be honest, those armor sets look like dog shit.

I played the game and reached the level cap on my BRD in about 3 and a half weeks, I dropped the game fairly quickly after that because I wasn't going to do the ATMA grind and leveling other classes/jobs are an even bigger chore.
>>
>>252809736

Fates and dynamic events and shit are one of those things that sound good on paper, but are really fucking shitty in practice. Event starts, everyone nearby swarms the objectives, event ends and everyone disperses into the wilderness for the next one. It's even stupider when the events trigger so fast you'll see the same fucking one multiple times per sitting. Winning or losing doesn't mean shit, because it'll just get a do-over an hour later anyway. Not to mention that once again one one fucking says anything to each other because there is no reason to. You just show up and throw your shit around, take your reward and go.
>>
File: best power ranger.jpg (97KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
best power ranger.jpg
97KB, 720x960px
>>252810095

MMO gamers are fucking sad man. They play a game that has hard coded mechanics to make it slow as fuck and then STILL have trouble with it.
>>
File: 1350744716594.png (17KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1350744716594.png
17KB, 640x480px
>>252810847
>>
>>252810217
So not only do you pay to play the game but you also have to pay for vanity shit that should be free?

>FF14 fags will defend this
>>
>>252810485
I must have missed it, I thought it was a Tales game because of his cape/coat design but I was unsure because I thought it was odd I hadn't seen it before, thanks for the info.
>>
>>252809736

Let's continue, shall we?

>No sliders or modifiers for char. design in character customization, options are largely limited. Everyone basically looks the same, save for skin tones. Say what you want about this, but please look at Black Desert, Bless, etc and their character creators before looking at this, and their production value lies MILLIONS OF DOLLARS LESS THAN ARR.

>Garbage Duty Finder/ Instance Matcher system that quite honestly sucked the life out of the games interactions. Argue with this all you want, but the fact of the matter remains that if we are to evolve MMOs as actual Massively--Multiplayer--Online games we have to begin the actual multiplayer part, and on that note, ARR actually fucks up the Massive part too when you consider it's tiny zoned bullshit.

>PVP for no reason other than to quell the cries of the MLG LoL ProGamer crowd. Complete waste of Carteneau.
>>
File: Final Fantasy Tactics.jpg (692KB, 1098x1849px) Image search: [Google]
Final Fantasy Tactics.jpg
692KB, 1098x1849px
I love how similar ARR's story is to the ivalice world.
>>
>>252811063
You don't pay real money for it.
>>
>>252811042
no
>>
>>252811132
>That artist

My dick.
>>
>>252810958
2slow
I cleared the game during the 30 day trial at release. Dropped it and never came back.
the people saying
>but Dx11 will fix it
always made me laugh.
>>
>>252809758
Wrong. All NA and EU servers are ROUTED through Canada. All the actual servers are located in Japan.
>>
>all these wowfags trying to attack FFXIV solely because GCD

you fucks go play your shit tier mmo with better GCD im sure its so fucking good
blizzard rapes your game repeatedly and you have to wait over a year for a patch while they are raking in over like 100 million per month and use all that money to develop some shitty MOBA instead
>>
File: Buster_sword_2_FF7.png (26KB, 410x209px) Image search: [Google]
Buster_sword_2_FF7.png
26KB, 410x209px
When will this game get a greatsword class? I hate that classes are locked to one fucking weapon.
>>
>>252811279
>FFXIV
>Not as bad as WoW
>>
>>252811279

Stop shitposting.

>>252811118
>>252811063
>>252810970
>>252810720
>>252810372
>>252810217
>>252809921
>>252809736

ARRfags getting blown the fuck out, again.
>>
File: stop this.webm (26KB, 452x244px)
stop this.webm
26KB, 452x244px
>>252811279
>>
>>252811180
>>252811132

Artist name?
>>
File: 1401847382086.webm (1MB, 640x360px)
1401847382086.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>252792668
>game is comy as fuck
I love that and how silly it can be. It's charming in a nice way.
>>
>>252804424
>over 9000
Holy fuck what year is it?
Did you JUST migrate here from Know-your-maymay?
>>
>>252811279
I don't play WoW and I attack the retarded GCD because it makes the game

are you ready

>drum roll

BORING.

The game isn't fun when 90% of the duration of combat is spent WAITING FOR COOLDOWNS.

How can anyone even fucking defend this shit?
>>
>>252811431
You no rike grind for other weapons?
To bad! hrahrahra
filthy piggu can't work hard in videogames
>>
>>252811118
Actually, its a damn shame that more characters didn't look like mine aside from skintone because she was a beauty.
>>
>>252810095
this has to be a troll
>>
I absolutely love the artstyle, UI, the music (within 10 seconds of the intro video I was in love) and just about everything about the game, except for the god damn quests. I am so tired of talking to a guy and having to click through all these text boxes. I would much prefer just being able to instantly accept quests and then reading a description while I'm running to the target, but in this game you have to sit through hundreds of these mini cutscenes. Maybe it feels more natural when playing with a controller on your couch or some shit but as it is I just burn out on the game like instantly because this shit drags the pace down so muchh.
>>
>>252811625
Grind or not, I hate being stuck with a short sword as a gladiator. Or an axe as that other class.
>>
>>252811478
>if you disagree with me youre a shit poster!
>proceeds to quote everyone shitposting game over GCD

1- monk doesnt work on that gcd
2- you can cast faster than 2.5 if you know how mmos work
3- youre a fucking wowfag trying to defend a decade old pile of shit that blizzard hasnt given content to in over a year now

good luck buying your fucking $40 content patch
>>
>>252811763
Maybe if you read the quests you'd enjoy the story.
>>
File: 1377358538403.png (172KB, 216x427px) Image search: [Google]
1377358538403.png
172KB, 216x427px
>>252811664
Pretty cute.
>>
>>252792668
FUCKING shills every day

Sage
>>
>>252811591
Have you seen FF11s combat? or any FF game for that matter? How the fuck do you think FF gameplay was going to transition into MMO gameplay? Retard.
>>
>>252796839
most people dont, they stand around in the cities.

also some people have been playing for such a long time that they cannot leave because that would mean they wasted 8 years of their life.
>>
>all these people complaining about the gcd

its obvious you never played ffxi, so you are out of your element. continue to circle around a mob standing still spamming the same ability over and over again in your mmo and then try to complain about xiv.
>>
>>252804424
There might be hope, Archeage open beta starts on the 17th.
>>
>>252811431

Greatswords will likely be saved for a Samurai, yes, a faggy Samurai class.

How Rogue becomes Ninja astounds me, as a Ninja is far more likely to punch you in the throat or slit your neck with wire or better yet use their own KATANA before relying on tiny daggers.

Ninjas were masters of the shadows and hand to hand, not the evolution of rogues with daggers and thievery skills.

Rogue -> Pirate

Ninja should've been its own class on its own.
>>
Just because you think ARR is boring doesn't mean you like WoW. Where did this ridiculous pseudo-rationale come from?

The game is boring, period. Combat ruins it.

Graphics are okay, spell particle effects are nice, but anyone that continuously plays this game despite of the ridiculous combat system is blinded, retarded, or so butt-hurt from raiding in WoW that they'll play anything.
>>
>>252811834
But I do read them, I just think the same story could be conveyed just as efficiently in the quest log.

I mean I'm cool with big main story quests having cutscenes, but shit like "can you bring some food to my friend because I feel sad for him ((" doesn't need a bunch of text boxes and explanation really.
>>
>>252811826

>quoted everyone shitposting over GCD

>anons who is going into quite deep detail of how fucking stupid the game is from questing to character design to its economy to how boring the WoW inspired combat is period
>>
>>252811915
They could cut the GCD down from 2.5 to 0.5 and the game would actually be ten times better due to being more engaging.

Even cutting the GCD in half would make it a shit-ton better.
>>
One thing that really grinds my gears is that to talk to NPCs or accept quests, you have to actually get off of your mount and then remount after you obtained the quests or talked to the NPC.

After doing this nearly 1000 times just to obtain fetch quest #784 and go kill X and bring back Y quest #963, this really gets annoying. Not to mention that the combat is incredibly boring, even has an ARC/BRD, I had to kite the enemy around not because I had to but because I had to convince myself that the game would get better in the endgame since the leveling up from 1-50 was an absolute snoozefest of a tutorial and guess what?

The game really doesn't get any better, enjoy grinding even more and hoping that the PuG you just joined for your end game content dungeons/PVP doesnt have any PS3 players or laptop players using fucking PS3 controllers
>>
Gridania has the best town music.
>>
File: ffxiv_10092013_222813.png (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_10092013_222813.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
>>252811874
I always thought so.
Sometimes I think about coming back to the game but I'm really not so sure.

I stopped playing because of the coil/CT cycle. I saw that if they were going to continue doing this (and they did) I probably would only have new meaningful content every 6 months and I'm not happy with that.
>>
>>252811826

He quoted me and I didn't say shit about the GCD. I actually felt that you had to spam skills too often, as your auto attack doesn't do jack shit and EVERY class has their go-to "use this all the fucking time for your damage" skill. It's just one more factor that shuts down any chance for conversation and building relationships with the people you are playing with.

Most all MMOs have pretty shit combat. But when they try and make it more "active" like this all they do is draw your attention to how garbage it is. Then when you are stuck hitting your hotkeys every couple seconds and having to dodge out of AoEs all the time, you can't fucking do anything else BUT the shitty combat. It really wears down the experience a lot faster than simpler, slower combat systems do because they don't require your attention as much.
>>
It's fun the first time.
>>
>>252812236
Good luck getting out of monster aoe and being able to interupt attacks
>>
>>252811248
My mistake then, honestly didn't know that.

That sucks then.
>>
>>252812236
One of the reasons the GCD is so long is because of all the positioning requirements for melee dps. I personally wouldn't mind it dropped down to 1.5 not including skill speed but any lower would be retarded.
>>
>>252812368

This anon gets it too. I like you, anon.

Do you have steam?
>>
>>252812295
with the latest patch you can talk to NPC's on your mount now
>>
>>252812236
Just because you are spamming the buttons more and seeing more numbers fly up doesn't make it more engaging. That is exactly the thinking of why wow is fucking garbage now.

ffxi combat was perfect
>>
>>252792668
I want to play this but:
1) I don't like monthly subscriptions, one time payment is much better
2) I have shitty internet
>>
>>252812295
Jokes on you. Bard is the most boring class with Black Mage coming as a close second.
>>
Does this game follow the SP FF games? I've only ever played FFX on my PS2 eons ago. I never beat it. However I really enjoyed the combat, the atmosphere etc. The only problem is I just don't get the FF story. It seems really too weeb for my taste. Japs are god tier and atmosphere and music but when you start translating some of the dialogue it gets weird.
>>
>>252812442
>WAAAH WAAAH I CANT SPAM SKILLS LIKE I CAN IN WOW WAAAAAH
>>
>>252811541
what is this abomination?
>>
>>252811826

"In special cases you can do more than one action every 2.5 seconds"

2 seconds is pathetic. 1 second is pathetic. Half a second is STILL pathetic.

What's a good starcraft players APM? 300?

What's expected of fighting game players? 1/60th of a second timing? 4-6 button presses in a tiny fraction of a second for certain combos?

MMOs are a joke. They exist for teenagers and kids with too much time and no videogame skill.
>>
>>252810853
Haven't tried Toukiden, might check it out though.
I got into MH through Tri and played online almost exclusively. Probably the best times I've ever had with online gaming. Too bad the servers went down.

Anyway, hopefully I can have just as much fun with 4 online.

Also, FFXIV was pretty bad imo. It made me want to play XI again though.
>>
>>252792668
>2.5sec gcd
>pretty good
mmo fags are literally the worsts of the worsts
>>
>>252812568
Funny since I tried Monk and got it up to level 30 before I dropped the game entirely.

Now I'm playing Dota 2 and haven't looked back since then.
>>
>>252811556
Shhh, don't make it harder to detect the underage faggots redditor casuals.
>>
>>252812331
reminds me of the shire.
>>
>>252807530
>that ching chong ding dong armor
lol
>>
>>252812674
Telling your units to move to the same spot 50 times a second isn't skill, there is much more going on behind the scenes of a game like that.

It's funny seeing you trying so hard though.
>>
>>252809113

>Bad Timegates
Explain

>Bad Gear Checks
From expert roulette? I manage to complete it just fine with people that could be considered "under geared" same with raids if everyone is doing there shit correctly... If not, that's the players faults, not the game

>Extreme lack of originality and individuality of gear. vanity doesn't count, it's a bullshit cop out.

Good thing transmog was added to the game, but I would agree that was a major flaw before hand

There's no need to adds so much extra gear for variety purpose when people can now do it themselves

>LAZILY DONE Fanservice content constantly dished out alongside MORE timegate nonsense.
I'm missing what "timegate" means, explain

>2.5 GCD bullshit to force battle rhythm instead of creating a flexible system that rewards creative and innovative resource management and sound, solid strategy.
No MMO has ever went to that point, it was always follow a certain rhythm of abilities and spells, you want it more complex for no reason when it will ALWAYS be brought down to the cookie cutter built/play

>Very small set of skills
There plenty, once again falls under the category of having cookie cutter, if they added more, it'll just be filler

>Uninspired and boring enemies brought on by various failed attempts to innovate older enemy designs.
Subjective, I found them to be nicely design compared to the competition, plus, it's FF, they want to stick to what they know will attract their audiance

>PS3 LIMITATIONS.
From what? The game plays, looks, and runs just fine on the PC

Are you talking about combat? Because the mechanics in the game require a know about of your surroundings AND reaction skill, like 100% of every MMO ever
>>
>>252809350
Look up "Food Fight". It's filled with celebrities. JonTron has a review on it.
>>
>>252812780
Same here. I think that's why I like it so much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSKNntvdRJk

Especially at 3:26
>>
File: Autism.jpg (625KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Autism.jpg
625KB, 1920x1080px
>>252792668
I unsubbed around April or so. New patch looks bretty good but I wanted to check it out before I start paying again. Too bad they canceled that welcome back thing that was supposed to be this weekend.

On the topic of GCD, I actually feel the pace is good. I don't see how smashing buttons faster makes the game more "engaging" as opposed to enjoying the battle animations, watching players and monsters reacting and moving around all while you move to the flank or behind to maximize damage. I play melee classes though so I might be a bit biased. I can sort of see how playing a caster would be boring.
>>
>>252812568
Bigger joke on you, it makes your game look worse now that 2 out of the 9 combat job choices are boring as shit.
>>
File: ffxiv_11022013_221526.png (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_11022013_221526.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
>>252812568
I personally think that THM/BLM is the most boring by far.
I don't even know how they designed such a boring class.
>>
>>252812540

"Perfect" is a strong word for it, but I liked it a lot. A 30 second cooldown was short as hell, and a lot of your damage came from auto attacking. But looking back over my friends list during one of the return to the game events, I was reminded about how many people I just kind of hung out with and how many friends I made while partying. I really miss that shit.
>>
>>252812830

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbiFJ-Cgp58#t=93

Oh yeah, totally just clicking "go hear" 50 times.

I'm guessing you've never even played an RTS, let alone understand how to be good at them.
>>
and here comes the ARR drones to come defend their game.

it's so fucking obvious, why do I even bother coming to /v/ these days?
>>
What class isn't boring?
>>
>>252812838

This is so fucking retarded that it doesn't deserve anything more than a facepalm.
>>
>>252809736

>Forced storyline/ YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE / generic garbage.
It's an MMO, who gives a flying shit about the story

>FATEs, which are boring and literally RIFT/GW2 Dynamic Event copycats.
Just because other games did it first doesn't mean it wasn't a good idea, FATES can be tedious however, I will agree to that

>Forced FATE Grind for endgame items that can take weeks due to RNG bullshit
True, one the flaws that need to be address

>Extreme economic failure in an attempt to force crafting
Explain, I haven't been involved much in the economy to understand the negative side

>ICE SKATING because 'animation lock' (yeah I'd like to see you hurl a giant steel axe around, whisking it with no effort while running circles around dragons and shit)

Boo fucking hoo, literally one of the dumber things to complain about

>Neon light show bullshit.
Then turn it down, there's an option for that

>Mediocre "modern" UI that only lends further to what is obviously a gigantic amalgamation of contradictory design moves.
>UI resizing lacks antialiasing or sharpening and is literally a MS paint tier stretch or compress that looks really ugly and blurs things into blue and yellow abyss.

They can easily improve the AI no doubt, no a minor flaw mainly from visuals, it works fine for game play
>>
File: 1401847319359.webm (3MB, 800x450px)
1401847319359.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>252812657
Don't worry about it it's only The Best Sidequest
>>
>>252813209
They're asians.
It runs in their blood
>>
>>252813365
>it's so fucking obvious, why do I even bother coming to /v/ these days?
Because you're here forever.
>>
>>252800473
What private server? There a decent community ?
>>
>>252807530
>>final fantasy monsters are from final fantasy games
>>somehow bad

It is bad when they literally took the models from the old game and dropped them into the new game, unbelievable amounts of laziness.
>>
>>252810217
>>252808746

There's one problem with Vanity though. You can't recolor endgame gear. Solid slots would have been better since you can then make what you want.
>>
>>252813374
All of them are boring.
I'm not kidding, don't intend to play this game for the sole purpose of PVE or PVP.

ERP, maybe. But that alone doesn't justify the sub fee.
>>
>>252812947
Biggest joke is on you, I still have fun playing video games regardless of the genre. Or what shitters on /v/ think. _(:???)_
>>
>>252813513
and FF fans, especially FF11 fans, fuckign loved it. You're trying to see problems where there aren't any.
>>
File: 1377473308395.gif (3MB, 576x331px)
1377473308395.gif
3MB, 576x331px
>>252813490
>>
I got bored and quit FFXIV a few weeks ago. The raiding content was just too easy and too short. One night, maybe a few hours, walk out done.

Even WoW's garbage content was harder. A friend of mine from my old guild is trying to convince me to play Wildstar, says the end-game is hard. We'll see.
>>
>>252813374
Tanks and Scholar.
>>
>>252813746
>Wildstarve
>Better
>>
>Playing FF14 or WoW
>Not playing The Elder Scrolls Online

Hahahah you fucking idiots, why arnt you playing the best current and fun mmo out?
>>
>>252813694
>I'm having fun!

You win this round anon.
>>
File: 1324135034592.jpg (27KB, 252x240px)
1324135034592.jpg
27KB, 252x240px
>>252813709
>prease understand
>I so sorry
>Prease forgive
>>
>>252813707

FF11 fans did NOT fucking love FFXIV. You're full of shit. Just stop.
>>
>>252813694
glad to see that you're having fun, it's a shame that your game is still boring as shit aside from the ERP potential.
>>
>>252813794
Tank is by hard the most difficult class, and the least rewarding
>>
>>252813980
They loved seeing shit like pugils and kindred again.

anyway, you're full of shit.
>>
>>252814095

>Tanks hardest role
>Not healers

HAAAW WAAAAH
>>
>>252813707
There aren't any problems in your eyes cause you are so delusional. Game has horrible endgame, thank christ i sold my account before Gear treadmill started flowing again. Hard game my ass, more like hard teammates as they can't dps worth of shit and move out of garbage
>>
>>252813980
There's an entire Grand Company called Heroes of Bastok or something on my server that is full of FF11 players who love FF14.
>>
>>252814297
Then go take it in the ass somewhere else.
>>
File: ffxiv new cut.png (2MB, 1680x1050px)
ffxiv new cut.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
>>252814095
Well, he only asked what's not boring.

>>252814272
As evidenced by my screenshots so far, I played both healing classes and I think tanking was a lot rougher in most cases.
>>
>>252814414
Well some of them who can't let go have to love something after their game died.
>>
>>252813424
The economy is horrible because the fact that gold can only be supplied into the economy by questing from 1-50. After questing there is no supply of gold unless you do dungeon finder which is horrible income. That means gold is limited to making profit off auctionhouse. This usually results in a large amount of undercutting as people want the gold now to spend since it is their only source of income. A lot of servers fell into this undercutting shenanigan and i have seen priced of materia drop horribly.
>>
>>252814095
>>252814272
This feud will never end will it?
>>
>>252814519

>Standing still and make sure the boss is facing away from the party
>Hard

You arnt fooling anyone anon
>>
>>252814414

"I took a completely unbiased sample of FFXI players who have been playing FFXIV for months, and, SURPRISE, they like FFXIV"

You can't possibly be this fucking retarded.
>>
>>252814414
>>252814167

Look, I'm sure there are people from FFXI who are enjoying FFXIV, but there is no way they are in the majority. The games play so radically differently, and have equally different communities as a result. From what I know most FFXI players are pissed that SE decided to shit all over their game to try and get them to migrate to the newer one that wasn't anything like what they were hoping for.
>>
>>252814860
You can't possibly be this fucking retarded.
>>
>>252814852
Its easy to oversimply either role.
As healers, all we did was keep HP bars full.
>>
>>252814789
You can shit gil just by doing the challenge log stuff now. Plus there are daily quests. That and there is honestly very little use for gil other than repairs and consumables once you reach end game.
>>
>>252814860
>FF11 PLAYERS HATE THIS GAME
>Example of FF11 players who love the game
>YOU ARE FUCKING RETARDEDUUUURRRRRR
Sure bud.
>>
>>252815039

Your highschool debate team needs you.
>>
File: juice.jpg (11KB, 225x225px)
juice.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>252814789
>complaining about undercutting
>>
>>252814860
I played ffxi from the day of the NA release for about 4-5 years.

I enjoy ffxiv even though xi was better.
>>
>>252815456
Atleast you admit thats the level you're at.
>>
>>252815435

Use a sample size less than 0.1% of the playerbase of FFXI, pulled exclusively from the group most likely to like FFXIV.

Not that I expect proper reasoning or arguments from the pond scum that are MMO players.
>>
>>252815456
>highschool
Please nigga. I debate for the US senate, which is a tier lower.
>>
>>252815435

>Every FF11 player plays FF14 as well

kek.
>>
>>252815430
Challenge log, Retainer ventures, Duty Roulette, Seals, rare gathering materials, 2 star crafts, etc, etc. There are tons of ways to make gil now.
>>
>>252815467

LEL EPIC JEW MEME SO FUNAY ALL JEWS ARE GREEDY XD

fuck off back to /pol/
>>
File: 1373341998472.gif (2MB, 200x202px)
1373341998472.gif
2MB, 200x202px
>>252815759
Nigga you are retarded.
>>
>>252811987
Archeage has classic MMO tab target combat. It also is 10+ year old style MMO combat. aka trash
>>
>>252815651

Wow, a comeback on the same level of "your mom".

Your remedial english buddies must find you hilarious.
>>
>>252815878

no, you don't understand.

he wants free money and at the same time he wants other people to not get free money
>>
>>252815759
>claims ALL FF11 players hate FF14
>gets btfo
>this damage control
>>
>>252815902
>typing like a retard

Someone needs to get back to reddit.
>>
File: 1399521141755.gif (3MB, 128x301px)
1399521141755.gif
3MB, 128x301px
>>252816157
>>
>>252814852
Tanks DD, pull, control space and hate, There's other shit to worry about too.

In FFXI, tanks only controlled hate and maybe had to reposition the enemy now and then. That's about it.

DD and healing classes are boring as fuck in FFXIV because tanks can heal themselves and they pull now.
>>
>everyone ITT trying to convince me that I should hate it
>have a blast with it anyways
so glad im not a gigantic faggot. enjoy your nofun.
inb4 enjoy eating shit and other 1st grade analogies
>>
>have class ADD in XIV
>get nothing done all day

I wish I could find a class I really enjoyed, but I flip flop on roles and classes too much. I do this in most MMOs where it doesn't have the type of class I really enjoy playing, which is usually a supporter with buffs/debuffs, something like Bard in Rift.
>>
>>252816283

Your reading comprehension rivals a third grader. You can't even properly understand the claims that were made.
>>
>>252815602
I used to enjoy FFXIV.
Back in these shitty times.

I'm also an XI player.
I was sort of enjoying ARR until 2.3 added almost no relevant content for me since my group already had good coil progress.
The Coil to CT backwards progression killed my interest in the game quickly.
>>
>>252816389
>because tanks can heal themselves
Have you not made it past the tutorial dungeons or something?
>>
>>252792668
haha

nigga
>>
>>252815134
>play whitemage
>claim healing is easy

I bet you didn't even stance dance faggit.

Come back when you're a stance dancing scholar.
>>
>>252816502
>>252816502
#wrekt so hard you got short term amnesia. God damn, son. If you can't handle the bum rumpling stay out of the argument.
>>
>>252816531
You're too scrubby to clear turn 9 and challenge savage coil, but good enough to already be doing coil
>Hunts to get sands and oils
>Everything shitting myth to help with Zodiac progression
>UTAs and Oils from CT2
>iL100 from Ramuh and CT2 to gear up your off classes
>>
>>252816641
You might want to look at my other screenshots in the thread, you idiot.
How about the one that had me going into Turn 5 as SCH back in october of last year.

see >>252813209
>>
>>252816502
Welcome to /v/.
>>
>>252816641
>sch
>60% of the healing comes from the pet
>implying stance dancing as a sch is hard when you dont need to heal more than half the time
>implying aoe whm isn't harder
>>
>>252812084
Confirmed for never playing final fantasy.
>>
>>252796839
>I'm 12 :DDD
Then how millions still play Farmville and Candy Crush?
Then how millions still eat McDonalds?
>>
>>252816558
Nice cherry-pick.

Not saying that they completely support themselves without a healer for long, but a tank has much more to worry about than the other classes.
>>
>>252816832
I haven't even played the game since two weeks after they added CT. I have no idea what you're talking about. If you want your insults to affect me you'll have to try a different approach.
>>
>>252816758

All I see is you misrepresenting the claim that was made, turning it from
"FFXI players didn't like FFXIV"
into
"UNQUESTIONABLY EVERY FFXI PLAYER EVER HATES FFXIV"
>>
>>252816892
>implying the pets heals aren't 30%
>implying you aint a bitch nigga

White mage aint shit. Go read a book, nigga.
>>
>>252817168
Maybe you should make a proper argument rather then trying to represent an entire playerbase. Better luck next time.
>>
>>252799752
If people wanted to play for social reasons they would've stayed with Ragnarok.

WoW is a terrible game for player interaction.
>>
>>252816641
>Impyling stance dancing is harder as SCH

Yes, it's so hard to switch stances when almost your entire healing/damage output is preserved in either stance without you having to do anything.
>>
>>252817145
>2.3 added nothing for me
>Hasn't played 2.3
>>
>>252806741
I guess depends on the class.
I play as a monk with gamepad, only in dungeons, I dind't reach lvl50 yet, but as a monk, its necessary be in constant movement between the back and the flank of the enemy and moving with WASD and attacking with the numbers makes my left hand want to die. I know I can reassign my keybindings but hey, I have 5 buttons extra in my mouse and its not enough.
>>
>>252817382

Agree, switching stances for dat quick Holy damage before switching back before everyone dies is too clutch for Scholars.
>>
2.5 global cooldown
Console limitations
Crafting is worthless
Money is worthless
PVP is terrible
"Kirito Sephiroth" community that is absolutely enabled by the shit that is the Duty Finder system
The entire game can be a level select done from your house or Mor Dhona
Overworld is largely pointless and small
Console limitations
PvP is downright terrible and nobody even does it
Wanna play a DPS? Enjoy wait queues of an hour or more for all content. Not even exaggerating.
Two servers, one on Canada, one in Japan. Good luck.
Endgame relies on party-wipe mechanics and jump rope rather than actual player skill.
Completely vertical progression.
Let me reiterate that. Vertical treadmill progression. Everything you worked for is invalidated and obsolete with each patch.
Console limitations
FATE grinding is passed off as content.
Lockouts.
Casuals can get to your ilvl without setting a foot in endgame.
The CC is incredibly lacking for an MMO with a budget like this one.
Most servers are already dead as fuck, with no word of server merging.
Console limitations
I want to like this game but I can't.
>>
>that feeling when no good MMOs on the market
>>
>>252817402
I actually meant to type 2.1 or whichever patch added CT and Extreme Primals
It was a silly typo but that is what I meant.

I realized after the fact and just hoped no one would notice.
>>
>>252817350

I never made the original argument. I'm just pointing out how retarded the claim that FFXIV guild of FFXI players is representative is.
>>
>>252815878
>>252815430
I played back when T5 was endgame content, but how much do you make from Challenge logs? Also what i was saying is that making gil without another player's input was extremely hard and doesn't payout much which meant the economy was fueling off of very little money left in the game. Also gil was really only spent for big housing back then which required a metric shitton.
>>
>>252817663
I like how nothing in this copy pasta is accurate. You can really get a feel of how asshurt others get from people having fun.
>>
>>252816408
Wow, what a great and insightful post.
It's no one's fault you enjoy shit but your own, it's like you expect us to be mad at you for it?
>>
>>252817663
None of that is true other than the DPS part.

90% of the community plays as a DPS, gee why is the queues so long for them?
>>
>>252817826
Then you're doubly foolish because now not only is there a coil that blows turn 1-5 out of the water in difficulty, there is a coil that burns IT out of the water.
There's a welcome back campaign coming some time in the near future. It got postponed because the servers are too full from people already coming back because of the 2.3 patch. You should really take that opportunity to try the new content
>>
>>252817915
Not even the same dude but i have seen a lot of kiritos on an EU server. Kirito Asuna, Kirito Asura, and even Sasuke Kakashi. Also you can really distinguish players by race alone. Most loli tanks were faggots and catgirl dragoons were scrubs etc.
>>
>>252817826
Good Lord, all that visual noise. Tell me that's not a real screenshot.
>>
>>252817942
>le shit argument

whatever game you play is shit

checkmate kid
>>
>>252817874
It's retarded to counter the argument with evidence that not all FF11 players hate FF14 when that was what was originally claimed? I think you've lost control of your mental faculties.
>>
>MMOs
You play EVE, or you wait for Tree of Savior, Black Desert Online or Peria Chronicles.

The only good thing about current MMOs is the enhanced ability to make waifus
>>
File: 1402412709136.jpg (45KB, 715x700px)
1402412709136.jpg
45KB, 715x700px
>>252817915
What? Yes it is, faggot. I like how you claim it's pasta, but refuse to refute any points and instead continue sucking Yoshi's dick.
>>
>>252818075
PvP is pretty terrible dude. It is just a sleep-a-thon featuring the black mage. Also the gear treadmill is actually spot-on but that is almost every themepark MMO.
>>
>>252818206
shit that still is better than any wow screenshot
>>
>>252818135
I'm really not too interested in coming back as long as they want to continue putting coil in and then dialing the ilvl back for CT and other content.
It makes half the game useless for me unless I quit every few months.
>>
>>252818275

Again, that was NOT what was originally claimed. That's what you turned the claim into because you have no fucking clue how an argument works.
>>
>>252818275

That's not what I claimed at all and you're an idiot.
>>
Here, have some music dump.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAp8U5z9cjQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx3QPiTcXa4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54VMhVBUuM8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg6W1JFQqPY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRwk610U9Cw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YVSQEV77sU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDZ_q70RHac
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqTmMUdKlO4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2oxO129TJI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhZiZf0M-hQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhZiZf0M-hQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0MVoTu48nk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMBZEHSPyxM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEeNGF5xoHA
>>
File: dat corner.jpg (592KB, 1878x1057px)
dat corner.jpg
592KB, 1878x1057px
i have logged in every day for the last few months and i've yet to sit there and be bored. i'm still having fun. why can't you have fun /v/?
>>
>>252817907
On average I make about 20k+ a week from the challenge log which isn't that much overall. I also forgot to mention the hunts which grant 2-5k gil each. I get 4k+whatever random materials my retainers bring back everyday. Recently this totalled 7 mil because I got a bunch of pets and housing materials from it.

So tl;dr, on average you get 20k+ a week from challenge log and 4k every day guaranteed from retainers.
>>
>>252818229
> kid
I'm sorry you're playing a PS3 friendly game and paying for it, anon, it seems to chap your ass.
>>252818075
Yes, it is. Care to point out what's wrong?
>>
>>252819145

I have plenty of fun. Just not with FFXIV. Strange concept, I know.
>>
>>252817907
The devs admitted that publishing the housing prices before the actual patch caused economies to tank as players were saving up all their gil to buy houses and not spending any. You can make quite a bit of additional gil from doing challenge log and daily roulette - more than enough to restock and repair and pretty much requires no additional effort. Multiply that by every player on your server and that's a lot of gil flowing in.
>>
>>252819145
Because this game isn't fun.
>>
File: big sheep.jpg (609KB, 1604x1025px)
big sheep.jpg
609KB, 1604x1025px
>>252819426

well then obviously we have differing opinions on what is fun. i wish you nothing but happiness and contentment
>>
>>252819189
That is a lot better than before. Before you would make like 1k a day from dailies and most of the money you make is from jewing supplies for crafting with your leftovers from leveling 1-50. Making money is easy but making money without using auction house is fucking hard which was the issue.
>>
>boring gameplay
>shitty music
>no one talks to anyone
When does this git gud?
>>
>>252818309
Want me to refute the list? The biggest complaint on there is console limitations. You know how you avoid that? Playing on PC. Bam, blew your mind right? The only legit complaint is 2.5 second global cooldown. If this guy actually played the game he would know that crafting is useful, money is no longer worthless, pvp is pretty fun with the new BGs, he has no idea how the servers work, the mechanics implemented for raids require skill in order to overcome...I could go on, but you get the point now. ;)
>>
When does the game actually get fun?
I'm level 44 on my Monk and I'm actually alt-tabbing to post on /v/ and /g/ while I fate grind or do duty finder dungeons.
>>
>>252818294

I tried to get into EVE, but the space setting was just hard to get into. I guess the only thing I can do is wait for something better.
>>
>>252819838
>Playing on PC
the console limitations are already in place, the 2.5 GCD, the linear areas, and the downscaled graphics are all thanks to consoles.
>>
>>252819749
>wow fanboy makes bland insults
when does wow get good because it sure isnt endgame
>>
>>252803495
you do know that lower than .5% of the playbase has beaten the hardest content, right? and its not artificial difficulty hard
>>
>>252819145

I can't decide on a job I want to main, so I don't try to do content, so I end up sitting in the middle of nowhere and do nothing. This has nothing to do with the game, but my own insecurities.
>>
>>252796839
Skinner's box.
>>
>>252820158
>its not artificial difficulty hard
>insta-wipe mechanics if one player doesn't do what simmon says or fails to step out of the AoE attack in time
>>
>>252803495
oh, its this same guy who was bitching about the controller being viable.

how dare they make other peripherals viable beyond mouse. its not because its easy. its because the controller layout is insanely good. I actually give them mad props for the setup.

I actually look down on KB+m users and i play on PC

controller is way better for this game
>>
>>252819838
just ignore them this thread has been a whining circlejerk from the beginning bitching and moaning about gcd
>>
>>252820129
>implying I play WoW
>implying I've ever played WoW
Former FFXI player. You know the superior FF MMO.
>>
>>252819838

You clearly don't know what is meant by console limitations. I take it you didn't play FFXI. The entire development of the game will ALWAYS be held back drastically by the console hardware, because the game needs to be playable on them just the same as it is on PCs. In FFXI this meant a lot of shit like them having to program in like 5 different inventories because the PS2 couldn't handle one large inventory. The PS3 may have better hardware than the PS2 but give it some time and those limitations will really start to show.
>>
>>252819749
>shitty music

Now I don't even like the game anymore but I'm going to call you full of shit or say you just have terrible taste.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOBWORNte8g
>>
>>252819838
> play on PC
What the actual fuck? Are you retarded? I am playing on PC, how does that change the fact that console limitations exist and are part of this game?
Where/how is crafting useful?
What do you spend money on? No, really?
If you think PvP is fun, you may actually have brain damage
I absolutely know how the servers work
No, they don't. Endgame raids require teamspeak. There is nothing challenging about the mechanics. The challenge is getting your catgirl community to not wipe the party.
Should I go on? ; D
>>
How many times are you going to make this thread?
>>
File: Average_DF_party.jpg (488KB, 1920x1080px)
Average_DF_party.jpg
488KB, 1920x1080px
>>252819957
That's pretty much all there is to it m8. Get some friends or at least a FC/LS to talk to.
>>
>>252820429
I think you're in the wrong place. If you can't handle critisism of your precious casual console friendly MMO and want to suck yellow dick go back to Reddit.
>>
>>252820479
The music is shit. Compare it to anything from FFXI or any other Final Fantasy for that matter.
>>
>>252820125
Like I said, 2.5 second GCD is the only problem. Compare FF14 to WoW, Guild Wars 2, Rift, or other similar games and it comes out way ahead visually.
>linear areas
I don't even know how to rebut this because it is so retarded.
>>
>>252819749
>I want to RP

faggot
>>
i heard this game is really popular in japan
>>
>>252820752
Who said anything about RPing?
>>
>>252813447

>your father will never suplex you for revealing a family secret
>>
File: 1391324247627.jpg (541KB, 1000x950px)
1391324247627.jpg
541KB, 1000x950px
>come to /v/ and see what is up, possibly to ask questions
>people always shitposting about how awful the game is, often comparing it to XI
>go to /vg/
>literally kill myself 20 posts in
>>
>>252820732
The only FF game with a better soundtrack is TYPE-0
And yes, I played FFXI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqJRnD5HuZw
>>
>>252820735
>see that lake?
>you can't swim in it
>see that gap?
>you can't cross it due to an invisible wall
>see that grand vista on the horizon?
>can't actually explore more than 25% because the PS3 has limited memory to handle it
>>
>>252813709

>Wearing a rival company shirt at your business

Can you do that

That's like working at mcdonalds and going to subway for your lunchbreak
>>
>>252792668

you forgot

>2 weeks of themepark content

Go away.
>>
>>252820980
You have objectively shit taste.
>>
>>252820672
>not wanting to suck yellow dick
Do you even know where you are?
>>
I wish I stuck with XI when it first came out, everything about it just seems really great. The only reason I dropped it was because the controls felt like shit on PC, and now it's not worth going back to XI.
>>
>>252820946
The game is bad, Jim.
/v/ understands this. /vg/ ignores it and desperately clings to their game by ERPing in the thread with one another.
>>
File: are you serious.webm (151KB, 320x240px)
are you serious.webm
151KB, 320x240px
>>252820398
>this post
holy fuck, you're serious aren't you?
>>
>>252804424
>I thought when I signed up for beta that maybe this mmo would be a bit different since everyone praised FF11

FF14 has never been like FFXI, you tool. You're part of the cancer that buys games without knowing anything about them

FFXI will likely never happen again. And for that matter, SWG and UO will never happen again.
>>
>>252821224
Well, since its objective... prove it.
>>
>>252821232
I do. Gb2 your hugbox, let that Yellow cum slide nice and easy down your throat so the big meanies on /v/ stop talking shit about your precious pile of console MMO garbage.
>>
>Extreme mode primal runs
>Level 90+ geared people still can't beat this shit

ayy lmao
>>
>>252821242
>not worth going back to XI
Don't remind me. Although I have heard that you can pretty much solo everything now. I was actually thinking about resubbing for a month or two just to finish all those story missions I never got to do back then. Any current FFXI players able to shed some light on the viability of this?
>>
>>252821129

Your work isn't going to give a shit about where you go for lunch and long as you punch back in on time.
>>
W-who wants to play with me? :3
>>
>>252820398
You can't be fucking serious. No one could shill this hard.
What's your character name so I can know to immediately drop queue if ever matched with you. Literally worse than clickers.
>>
>>252821294

There is pretty much no other MMO on the market, so other than just quitting MMOs entirely until something good comes out, this is about it.
>>
File: nAr7qty.png (85KB, 509x417px)
nAr7qty.png
85KB, 509x417px
>another generic pay2win mmo
>b-but it has a recognizable franchise attached to it!
>>
>>252821583
I haven't touched FFXI in over a year but yes you can solo pretty much everything Pre-Seekers. You can also level from 1 to 99 in a weekend.
>>
>>252802208
if you put in 100 hours in an mmorpg, raiding is going to be like 10-20 hours of that time

i don't think i'll touch an mmorpg until the gameplay is fun from minute 1 to hour 500
>>
>>252821741
Why not do just that? Instead of playing a mediocre game and defending it to your last breath like some of these retards, why not wait for and play an actual good MMO?
>>
>>252821741
>There is pretty much no other MMO on the market, so other than just quitting MMOs entirely until something good comes out, this is about it.

Keep believing that, it'll keep the retards like you out of MMOs that are actually good and have a thriving community that doesn't act like faggots not on their ADD medication.
>>
>>252811917
I quit every game I play eventually. Does that mean every single year of my life was wasted?
>>
>>252822026

That good MMO will never arrive. I don't defend XIV, it's an all right MMO, better than some of the more recent MMOs, there just isn't anything else to play.
>>
>>252821834

>that image

it really took her that long to say

>damn nigga you stank start hopping in that shower

most people won't take offense if you let them know they're a bit musty
>>
>>252820757
japs eat up this weeb shit
>>
>>252809305
>le literally
back to leddit amirite guize?
>>
>>252821872
Well that's cool. Might have to seriously consider getting back. Even though I played FFXI for like 3 years I feel that I saw very little of it.
>>
>>252822460

good luck with playonline
>>
>>252821529
You are on a site based off of a japanese image board which was created to discuss japanese culture. If you really hate the japs why don't you go to an american board like reddit.
>>
I'm so sick of people saying FFXI was the best MMO ever.
I put 7 years into it from 2004-2011 and I still think it had a huge amount of flaws.
I don't even play XIV(although I'm an idiot and forgot to cancel my 6mo sub so I could play til Nov) anymore but I mean come on. I'm not for soloing and I like group content but the days when no one was on to build a PT with and you just sat there in Jeuno with nothing to do because everything requred a damn group was stupid.
>>
>>252822553

>install XI fresh
>"awesome, within 3 days, hopefully XI will be fully updated"

I fucking hate PO, it's such a slow service.
>>
>>252822694
It had its fair share of flaws, yes... like every game ever, but it was still my personal favorite MMO so far.
>>
>>252822694
No one said it didn't have flaws, but at least there you felt like you where actually in a fantasy world rather than a glorified hub.
>>
File: 1402557746343.jpg (99KB, 500x371px)
1402557746343.jpg
99KB, 500x371px
>>252822690
M8, your butthurt is clear if that's the only part of the posts you're seeing. Try not to be so obvious.
>>
File: Dragonhugs.jpg (360KB, 1271x1010px)
Dragonhugs.jpg
360KB, 1271x1010px
>>252822993
Plus it was one of the first, if not the first to have cutscenes in it.
>>
>>252823448
Son, deflecting away from your losses is something only girls do. Please refrain from doing this in the future.
>>
>you will never have a job like DNC in any MMO

I hate most themepark MMOs because all their classes feel very bland and samey, nothing unique at all ever.
>>
>>252822993
were you on Caitsith?
>>
File: Fuckingspiders.jpg (231KB, 1274x1003px)
Fuckingspiders.jpg
231KB, 1274x1003px
>>252824109
>There will never be another MMO with debuffs as powerful as FFXI, Or City of Heroes.
>>
>>252792668
Yes but
>paid
No. I do not mind paying for entertainment. I do mind pumping my money and time into something that will probably be dead in few years. I will loose all my investments into it - just no. That's also reason why I find pure digital games stupid.
>>
>>252824407

As someone who has a hard-on for buffers and debuffers, this saddens me.
>>
File: charisan.png (2MB, 1281x801px)
charisan.png
2MB, 1281x801px
>>252824273
Nope!
>>
File: 1405183227828.gif (997KB, 500x700px)
1405183227828.gif
997KB, 500x700px
>>252823856
There is no loss except your money, son. Try harder next time. I'm sorry you're game is shit and you're this upset.
>>
>>252824582
Support jobs are too complicated for the modern gamer.
>>
>>252817375
Most people have never heard of Ragnarok.

>WoW is a terrible game for player interaction.
And yet it's the most popular game for that very purpose.
>>
>>252826417

Let those modern games go some boring DPS, give me my support.
>>
>>252824407
Does XIV have decision making during combat like XI?
>>
Does FFXIV still requires to purchase the game and pay subscription?

I lost track of it, hoping in the future they would drop the subscription bullshit.
>>
>>252826979
It's more like WoW if I recall right. Disclaimer: I haven't played FFXIV recently.
>>
2/10 shilling
>>
>>252792668
Might get around to buying and playing it at some point. Maybe.

You have won me over marketer.
>>
>>252809113
They are gonna cut the ps3 , at some point at least they will cut it.They are gonna give pc better textures and DX10. Also the game has best content generation of any mmo at this time.
>>
Has anyone else had a problem where you just can't stick to one job? If so, how did you solve this problem?
>>
>>252799752
>social reason

considering the consistent low caliber of the people I met on WoW the years I played, that's pretty fucking sad, and at this point the only people who could possibly be left playing that shit game are the absolute trash of the trash
>>
>>252822230
Well you play video games and post on /v/. You tell me.
>>
>>252812554
>monthly sub
its not 2004 anymore
why not sell hours? that actually count down as your logged in?
because monthly subs fucking blow because i travel alot
>>
>>252792668
I like the game but I am having a hard time reaching the level cap. I hate the MMO grind walls requiring me to grind several levels before the next quest.
>>
>>252827779
Fucking
This
>>
>>252812784
>nordic is ching chong
>>
>>252829076
>thinking that's in any way shape or form Nordic armor
3/10 I was mad enough to reply
This is your fanbase
>>
>>252827779
poorfags gonna poor
>>
>>252800618
but unfortunately, the song you will be listening to the most is this piece of shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFoS-625ljY
>>
>>252829581
It's not about being poor, you colossal retard. No one is seriously bitching about the price, only the fact that you have to pay it even while inactive, which there is no reason for in an MMO except dev Jewing. Do you enjoy throwing money at a wall?
>>
QUESTION.

Is the PVP still shit?
>>
>>252831123
ANSWER.
Yes.
>>
>>252831517
QUESTION

[citation needed]

It was unbalanced broke shit when i last played

Also is equipment still retarded? Being level 30 and having my set from 15 because the game is unclear as piss as to where to get gear is obnoxious
>>
>>252827779
Go back to China hourlyfag
>>
>>252833115
That makes no sense.
>>
2.5s GC is simply unacceptable.
>>
I had a great time playing FFXIV for like 20 something odd levels until I couldn't progress through the story anymore. The game wanted me to use a dungeon finder to get through the story. Dropped it after that. Glad it was only 12 dollars.
>>
>>252834590
so hard to socialize in a mmo huh
>>
>NPCs swearing constantly
>join a free company
>receive a warning for swearing

For what purpose?
>>
>>252834721
Yes. No one talked when it made me go through the duty thing as well.
>>
>>252834956
they sound lame , I saw a hardcore christain fc last night lol
>>
>>252831123
Arena is just as retarded as it ever was.

They added a new mode called Frontlines which pits 24v24v24 against each other in a sort of Capture and hold the Flag objective. This is capped at i80 and PvP gear has no affect, although PvP skills and their upgrades work. You also get a fucking ton of PvP exp/marks so the grind was cut down to like 1/10th of what it was. It can be pretty fun sometimes.

Still wouldn't recommend this game if you only care about PvP or something.
>>
Personally i think FFXIV is a genre defining MMO for our generation. It even stole 1/3 of WoW's subs with the other 2/3 of WoW subs mainly being chinese farmers.

Once ARR opens its china server's i bet WoW will be long dead seeing as how ARR is a better WoW.
>>
File: 1352787032950.png (738KB, 1117x630px)
1352787032950.png
738KB, 1117x630px
>>252837267
>FFXIV will be the WoWkiller

That'd be pretty funny, wouldn't it.
>>
>>252837485
>wouldn't it
It is, watching WoWfags struggle to justify why they still haven't moved on it just funny.

Most of the remaining english community is just teenage morons who can't handle ARR's combat system and need something easier.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSKNntvdRJk

Comfy OST,

Too bad I quit after a month because it didn't really do anything.

I like how the characters look my first FF game and how nice the areas are.

OST is nice too!
>>
>tfw always find ARR threads right as they're about to fall off
>tfw I will never get to tell people why they're wrong about this game
>>
>>252838006
It isn't yet. And until it is, I'd appreciate if you didn't make people who play ARR look like more of an ass by pretending it already is.
>>
>>252836810
Huh...Its it empty though? The PVP. Sounds fun.
>>
>>252838430
cry more WoWfag
>>
>>252838006
it's hilarious that you think the combat system in ARR is harder than WoW or that people who play WoW should also want to play your weeb game
>>
>>252838486
No, Frontlines is pretty full and active, they added it just a few days ago. I don't know when you stopped playing but they also made some QoL improvements to the PvP such as getting all PvP skills available right from the start (you dont have to spend points on them anymore) as well as you can freely spend and reset your points whenever you want at no penalty.

That said, there isn't any ladder or much sense of hardcore competition that could give rise to a true PvP community or anything. The only rewards are PvP gear which only works in Arena (which most people ignore) although you can Glamour it for looks and like a mount or something. It's all kind of "on the side" if you will.
>>
>>252838576
But I've never even played WoW. Only XI and this. I think you're the one who sounds like more of a WoWfag.
Thread posts: 452
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.