[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 37

File: minecraft[1].jpg (550KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
minecraft[1].jpg
550KB, 1920x1080px
What went wrong?
>>
Jeb got so fucking ambitious and tried to create a fuckton of endgame goals which a bunch of people from the early alpha/beta hated. It used to be simple. You get iron, find diamonds make armour and tools, then make a nice shack by the ocean. Then you could build some buildings as they came to you. Now it's all about going to the nether and all those other dimensions and fighting a boss which is really out of place for this game. They tried too hard to turn it into something else.
>>
Adventure mode.
>>
An endgame, and the developers complying with the community's shitty demands. "WAAA WE WANT MORE BLOCKS MORE MOBS BOSSES I WANT TO FINISH THE GAEM!!11!1" Look at Notch, even he's done with their shit.
>>
Kind of related, but why would anyone buy the console version of this game?
Most kids can play the game on their mum's netbook, so why play the vastly inferior version?
>>
Halfway in the Beta.

So many shitty features where added.
>>
Notch firing the artist and sticking with his shitty textures
Never adding in attack animations
Never adding quest giving townspeople with an economy like he promised

Generally just ditching the game after his millions
>>
>>252667238
Hunger bar, potions, and enchantments.

It got way too complicated. Everyone I knew who played started getting buffs from doing crazy shit with beacons and enchanting weapons and stuff and I just wanted to plow on making redstone things without worrying about it.
>>
Notch fucked off to Reddit because he couldn't take criticism, and Autists discovered the game and realized they could recreate the Enterprise at full scale in it.
Now if someone was able to mod Minecraft into a "Dorf Fort 3D" like most of /v/ wanted it to be after the Classic Era, that's be fucking neat.
But of course, the modding community is more concerned with tech shit, special code that lets them be admins on ANY server with the mod, and various other bits of drama and bullshit.
I'll admit they're trying a bit with the new Underwater Monuments, which finally give Oceans a bit of content.
>>
Kept adding shitty RPG mechanics that nboody wanted. Nothing you build has any use.
>>
>>252667238
>What went wrong?

Nothing. It's still the best use of twenty odd bucks you can get.

Let's please stop pretending otherwise.
>>
>>252667238
there is nothing to do.
>>
It was supposed to be like Dwarf Fortress not Legos: The Game.

I imagined big ass sieges and living economy. I build my castle and it just sits there uselessly.
>>
>>252672238
this

also none of the modded servers were satisfactory for this type of gameplay, which was hearthbreaking.
>>
>>252672000

Notch Defense Force please leave. I can't believe you're still using the tired old "I got hundreds of hours for my money!" argument.
Just because you like autistically placing blocks for days on end doesn't make it a good game.
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 625x626px
>>252672000
>best use of 20something bucks
>>
What went wrong?

A fun and unique experience got popular. That's it.

/v/ loves to shit all over popular things.

It's the popular attitude to have here.
>>
>>252672529

WRONG, faggot. I don't even own it.

Nice try though.
>>
>>252672529
actually it does. on a personal level.
whether its a good game to the rest of the world doesn't matter.

It sounds like you play video games for the wrong reasons anon. you need to find yourself.
>>
>>252672238
This is what I've always hated about this game.
Nothing in it has a point. Well done, you created a full scale replica of the Deathstar, complete with accurate interior.

Now what? Make a video of it to post on YouTube, maybe get a few thousand views and a bunch of compliments? You can't do anything with it, it'll just sit there. A big fat reminder of your wasted time.
>>
Why even bother with vanilla? Just git a gud modpack, run a server and invite some friends to build nuclear reactors, automatic apple farms and giant golems or whatever is in the mods.
>>
>>252671016
easy multiplayer
>>
>>252667238
Nothing, it is one of the best games of all time.
>>
>>252672715
>>252672000
I don't hate it, for the record. I just dislike the direction it took.

I'd still play it with friends if they took out the enchanting, potions, and hunger bar... though I could probably cope with the hunger bar.

I just want to make huge empires with working train stations with my friends.
>>
>>252672929
so now you're just trolling.
if you're not going to be apart of any actual discussion please find another thread.
>>
>>252673197

I mean ya, why the fuck should anyone make art or music..

It's not like people enjoy the feeling of completion or anything.
>>
>Mindcracker: How about we add <random thing>?
>Jeb: Added!
>>
File: Minecraft.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Minecraft.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Nothing.

I enjoy watching the conveyor belts.
>>
>>252673341
pot, kettle
>>
>>252671518
>Never adding in attack animations
>Never adding quest giving townspeople with an economy like he promised
Both of these have been said to be happening
>>
>>252673341
I don't have to own or play a game to see that it has appeal. In the same way that I don't have to have really driven a Bugatti to know it goes fast.
>>
>>252673506
>comparing lego to art
>>
File: FLAOT1.png (1MB, 985x911px) Image search: [Google]
FLAOT1.png
1MB, 985x911px
>>252667238
>>
I particularly love how this game is fully mod supported and constantly updated for absolutely free, yet mindless /v/ Faggotrons shit all over it like its EA's The Sims with hundreds of dollars of dlc.
>>
>>252674286
>it's free
>it MUST be good!
>>
>>252674286
5 years from now there are people that will have nostalgia for Minecraft.

i am okay with this
>>
>>252674068

Anything can be art..

except video games right?
>>
>>252674286
This.
I know it has its flaws, but it also has some of the best aspects of PC gaming.
>>
>>252674514
CONSTANTLY UPDATED for free.
Moron.
>>
>>252674107
Why is this picture always passed around? What does it mean?
>>
>>252674613
Vidya can be art, but not this vidya
>>
File: FLOAT1.png (59KB, 1870x159px) Image search: [Google]
FLOAT1.png
59KB, 1870x159px
>>252674648
>>
>>252674648
At some point, the generator created stacked islands or something in the air, then they "fixed" it, and lot of people wanted it back.
Something like that.

I don't really get it either, since there were mods for generating skylands for a long time.
>>
I personally think it all went to shit when 1.8 came out, when they added the hunger and exp bar and all. There was a lot of shit added after infdev but I think 1.8 really took the cake. It's just trying way too hard to be a game that it isn't meant to be.
>>
>>252673338
The hunger bar is the WORST part. At least enchanting and potions are stuff you can ignore if you want, the hunger bar forces you to do shitty busywork.
>>
>all complaints
>solved by playing Creative mode

It's like you're not even trying.
>>
>all complaints
>solved by installing free mods

It's like you're not even trying.
>>
I still play minecraft with my bros, we build cool shit in survival and ignore features we don't care about like alchemy. Still some of the most fun gameplay around imo
>>
File: 1401722973980.jpg (8KB, 245x279px) Image search: [Google]
1401722973980.jpg
8KB, 245x279px
What's the best custom games in Minecraft
>>
File: 2014-07-11_22.20.26.png (2MB, 1920x1056px) Image search: [Google]
2014-07-11_22.20.26.png
2MB, 1920x1056px
it's still a good game
>>
>>252675926
Show me a mod that removes hunger and implements detailed machinery and integrated circuits.

captcha: arms bruzof
>>
Promises which were made but not followed.
Too much focus on marketing and getting airheaded with fame
Lack of content

Were it not for a server I'm developing I would've switched to Terraria full-time.
>>
I'm not condoning his laziness, but if you started modding your game its nearly limitless what you can do in it.
>>
>>252676451
WRITE one, you master race hardcore gamer you.
>>
File: 1336296288428.png (7KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1336296288428.png
7KB, 250x242px
>>252676690
>if you do it yourself you can do anything
WOAH SHIT
>>
>>252676910
I'm just saying, theres merit in a game being a solid platform for modding. Similar to how Skyrim is shit but has potential with mods.
>>
File: notch.jpg (5KB, 286x176px) Image search: [Google]
notch.jpg
5KB, 286x176px
>>252667238
>>
Never really played Minecraft that much because I never got anything out of it. You go around collecting blocks of random shit and build stuff. That sort of thing entertains people without Asperger's for maybe an hour.

Unlike most people I don't really blame Markus for quitting on the community. When it's made up of 95% autistic retards that will likely live their entire lives in their parents' houses it's probably infuriating to hear these types constantly whine about something he spent countless hours creating. Go to Youtube and watch one of the Q&A sessions where these retarded kids ask the stupidest fucking questions you'll ever hear in your life, and imagine having to put up with that shit every fucking day. I'd quit too.
>>
>>252677134
You would let him shit in your mouth for even 1% of his fortune.

Yes you would.
>>
>>252676907
>you can do anything if you download the right mods!
>what are the right mods?
>MAKE IT YOURSELF

>>252675575
If you can get watermelon seeds, all your hunger worries are gone, so I mind that less.

But having enchanting and potions changes the economy entirely, even in a communist society between friends. The server I used to play on with my buddies used to have chests filled with all sorts of useful stuff... then enchanting/potions came and they all started focussing on making buffs that I didn't care about.
>>
Is there a way to get rid of hunger using mods? It's fucking annoying. Surely in the past three years its been around at least one person has made a mod which removes hunger completely.
>>
>>252673506

Yeah but if you wanna be creative in that fashion why not make a painting. The advantage of video games is it adds a mechanical and interactive aspect you can't get with legos or a painting, and Minecraft doesn't take advantage of it. Dwarf Fortress allows for creativity and functionality.
>>
File: fucking_nothing.jpg (70KB, 248x252px) Image search: [Google]
fucking_nothing.jpg
70KB, 248x252px
>>252677803

I've tried looking for a "no hunger" mod.

You have to see it to believe it, but there is NO MOD that SIMPLY removes hunger.

It's bullshit.
>>
File: GET_THE_FRICK_OUT_OF_HERE.jpg (90KB, 400x464px) Image search: [Google]
GET_THE_FRICK_OUT_OF_HERE.jpg
90KB, 400x464px
>>252678089
For some reason, it's a fucking sin in the Minecraft Community to make a No Hunger Mod that reverts the food system back to the old way.
OH, BUT THERE ARE PLENTY OF PEOPLE WHO WANT HUNGER TO BE EVEN MORE TEDIOUS, AND THEY ALSO WANT A FUCKING THIRST METER.
I SHIT YOU NOT, NOBODY WILL MAKE A HUNGER REMOVAL MOD, BUT PLENTY ARE WILLING TO MAKE A FUCKING THIRST MOD THAT ALSO MAKES FOOD GATHERING MORE TEDIOUS.
>>
>>252677576
I'm not going to feed either, but I can 100% guarantee you there are dozens of mods that remove, simplify, or alter hunger heavily as well as add in advanced engineering, wiring, and production kind of machinery.
>>
>>252677803
Am I glad bukkit exists.
>>
autistic fanbase and jews
>>
>>252678607
>>252678089
>Download Foodplus (it comes with most major packs anyway)
>Get tons of easy, cheap food that trivializes hunger anyway
>>
why isn't night actually dangerous? why is it just somewhat dangerous?

i should fear the darkness, not just get fucking bored with it. how could it go so fucking wrong and why
>>
>>252678621
Might I refer you to my new friends >>252678089
and >>252678607
>>
http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/hunger-strike
>>
>>252679160
Why do I care what two randoms say when I have personally used mods that remove hunger?
>>
>>252676306
Looks nice, tell me your secrets.
>>
>>252679779

I've heard that Hunger Strike is only for multiplayer, and has custom commands.

Try again.
>>
He got paid before the game was finished.

The same thing that goes wrong with every alpha access game.
>>
>>252674621
Except its buggy and doesnt even run that well, even on nasa computers
>>
> biomes
>>
>>252671016
Console players exist because of ignorance. What a stupid question is that. Your question is valid for any console game ever.
>>
how do you fucking pirate this shit? i cant do it since the shit loader apeared and cant play it anymore
>>
>>252680293

>Playing a Source Engine game
>Good FPS

>Playing a Unity Engine Game
>Good FPS

>Playing Minecraft
>Incredibly bad FPS + lag

This always pisses me off.
>>
>>252679957
link or it didn't happen

must be singleplayer and not change anything else
>>
when they made beds so you could skip night
>>
Did they at least rewrite the game in C++ those years I abandoned the game? Doesn't look like a hard thing to do when you are swimming in millions.
>>
None of your opinions matter. It made MILLIONS. At the end of the day that's all that matters to the devs. Not only that, Minecraft didn't just become of the best selling games ever, it became a cultural phenomenon.
>>
>>252678067

I've never tried Dorf Fortress, it's in those ancient computer text symbols, right?
>>
>>252681007

Nope. Still the laggy as fuck Java.
>>
>>252681078
>typical argument of a MC drone who cannot point out why it's good, but resorts to the money argument
Are you happy a fat fuck is rich? Maybe he will let you suck his dick if you crawl to him like a dog.
>>
>>252681195
It is called ASCII.
>>
>>252681078
That has absolutely nothing to do with the game being a pile of shit, even with mods.
>>
>>252681254
I'm indifferent about it anon. I'm stating facts. But you sound upset that a game you dislike is one of the most prolific games ever made. Calm thyself autism
>>
>>252681195
It is, but you can download a tileset with actual graphics if you're a filthy casual. Adventure and Fortress mode are both pretty grand.
>>
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1285478-1-5-1-health-mod-disables-hunger-food-heals
>>
>>252681254
For me it was food because I enjoyed free play and building.
>>
>>252681481
>>252681398

Is it like Gnomaria?
>>
>>252681432
And it doesn't matter. It made millions. They can afford to take as long as they want while drinking Don Perignon and eating caviar. They're set for life.
>>
>>252681478
>indifferent
>defends the guy while insulting everyone else
Sure you are, MC drone.
>>
File: feels Bulbad, man.jpg (69KB, 547x396px) Image search: [Google]
feels Bulbad, man.jpg
69KB, 547x396px
>>252681481

>1.5.1

Still gotta keep looking.
>>
>>252681570
Yes but there' much, much more content.
>>
>>252681483
>1.5.1
>Most mods are currently focused on 1.6.4 right now and will be moving to 1.8, probably skipping 1.7.10 altogether since 1.8 is another fuckhuge code rewrite
Well, you tried.
>>
File: Voelhaven-Raadhuis.png (720KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Voelhaven-Raadhuis.png
720KB, 854x480px
Everything you do in Minecraft is pointless.
>spend weeks building entire cities or massively detailed buildings
>get complimented by visitors of the server a few times
>ghost town just rots there

>build defensive structures for PVP wars
>people can just use an enchanted pickaxe to break through anything, even obsidian
>or throw an Ender Pearl to scale high walls

>amass riches
>after a few days of dedicated mining you have more diamonds than you know what to do with

Minecraft has at the same time too much and too little. The RPG elements like experience, enchanting, bosses etc. are bullshit and add nothing to the experience. At the same time, RPG elements which ought to be expanded, like NPCs, are neglected.

Piece of shit game, I'm glad I play Dwarf Fortress now.
>>
>>252681726

Wrong reply

>>252681483
>>
>>252673583
what game is this?
>>
>>252681909
Minecraft
>>
>>252681619
You seem to assert that we care that developers get rich, instead of playing actually good games for ourselves.

I wonder why you came to the conclusion that individuals should care for people they never met over their own fun.

Probably because you think you sound like a smart capitalist if you bring surface-level business up in this, a mistake most teenagers do.
>>
>>252667238
That fat fuck notch went wrong.
>>
>>252681570
Not him, but Dorf Fort is a game that keeps on giving, but only if you have the energy to keep going with it.

It will kill you more than Dark Souls, and after every death you have to start over from scratch a bit wiser and knowing where you dropped your shit so your next character can pick it up.

I haven't played any Fortress mode as that's not my style, but Adventure mode literally allows you to hack a person to death, pick up his arm, and then carry it around as a weapon forever. You can scale walls, break into the Queen's bedroom, cut out her heart and beat her to death with it.

It's the only game where almost literally anything you want to do is within the realms of possibility.
>>
>>252681481
the modders made it work trough stonesense in realtime within game. now has isometric graphics playable
>>
>>252681807

Why do updates fuck up tilesets? Isn't basically just replacing the ASCII the game points to with some tiles?
>>
You fuckers complaining about hunger are nuts. It takes 2 animals and maybe 3 ingame days to get yourself a stack or two of cooked steak/pork. That'll last you for the better part of 10 hours.

Yeah, it'd be a nice feature to be able to turn off, but you would have to be retarded to not be able to deal with it in a world that's more than a couple hours old. As for XP, enchanting and alchemy, that's all the most optional shit in the world, but if you enjoy playing survival it actually adds to the game.

If you want to complain about something, bitch about the lack of a proper modding API and the fact that a third party mod is more or less required to get the game running properly and looking decent.
>>
>>252682217
I'm not talking about Dorf Fort, i'm talking about Minecraft.
It's been going through a shit ton of Code Rewrites lately, and it's absolute hell for modders.
>>
Echantments happened
>>
>>252681570
Imagine Gnomoria, right? Now imagine if the entire Gnomoria game was a tutorial showcasing 1% of the things you could do in the game, not just in terms of sheer quantity, but in terms of mechanics and systems, like temperature affecting each individual object, or history as something that has to do with world generation, or each individual dwarf relationship with each other affecting their happiness.

That would be Dwarf Fortress, if you decide to only scratch the surface.
>>
how to pirate now? teamextreme seems to not work past the launcher
>>
It came out
>>
File: Melancholy Hare.png (67KB, 232x197px) Image search: [Google]
Melancholy Hare.png
67KB, 232x197px
>>252682232

>The Mod API was promised almost 4 years ago
>>
File: Voelhaven-molen.png (486KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Voelhaven-molen.png
486KB, 854x480px
>>252681887
Also bullshit like hunger. Running a few dozen metres already drains your hunger bar, so you have to waste inventory space taking a lot of food with you whenever you go out to explore, because you need to eat every two minutes.
At the same time, producing infinite food is easy and requires no effort, but instead a bunch of time because you can't entirely automate it and still need to plant by hand and shit.
>>
have any of you tried hexxit?
>>
>>252667238
I had hundreds of hours into vanilla & technic. Squandered potential sure, but I got my $5 worth, or whatever it cost at the time.
>>
File: url.jpg (62KB, 620x300px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
62KB, 620x300px
>>252682160
hory shit
>>
File: i mean, seriously.gif (2MB, 236x224px) Image search: [Google]
i mean, seriously.gif
2MB, 236x224px
>>252681570
>Is it like Gnomaria?

Is the Starship Enterprise like a go-kart?
>>
>>252682232
I don't think you get the point.
It could be as fast as gathering 1 pork filling you for 50 in-game days, the hunger system being in place at all is stupid, since it's not done even remotely well, it's only detrimental.
>>
>>252682232
Did they ever fix that bug where the further you traveled in a single session, the laggier it got?
>>
>>252682952
>both are vehicles
yes
>>
>>252674286
>constantly updated for absolutely free
>but not from the developers
ahaha
>>
>>252683018
that will be moving from java, so no
>>
>>252683162
So you are a casual shitter with zero standards? Yeah, just like the people playing facebookmoria. I see the similarities.
>>
>>252667238
You played it.
>>
>>252682734
It is possible to automate a Wheat/Carrot/Potato Farm, but you'd need a metric ton of Redstone Repeaters to make it delay without fucking up crops that haven't fully grown.
In my case, i'd probably just go with the "Push Button to Harvest" and have it all head into a Chest. via hoppers.
Though, most of that will become pointless since Farmer Villagers will harvest crops and even craft Wheat into Bread in 1.8.
>>
>>252682232
>the better part of ten hours
>not be able to deal with it

It's not about being able to deal with it. It's easy enough to deal with it. But if you simply want to sign in and start building, you get hampered by having to farm to provide for yourself. All it needs is an on/off switch, which I'm sure wouldn't be hard to provide.

>XP, enchanting and alchemy
>optional

As I said in an earlier post, it's less optional than you think. If your friends start getting into it, it changes the economy of a server. Even if you're not trading with your friends, your friends will be accomplishing things you can't because you don't want to do them. And I don't /want/ to do them because I don't find them interesting, but I don't like being at a disadvantage.
>>
>>252683268
>replying to obvious bait
8/8 m8
>>
The mentality that retards have for games like these nowadays is amusing.

>I BOUGHT YOUR GAME SO I EXPECT YOU TO UPDATE AND ADD FEATURES FOR ETERNITY FOR FREE
>>
>>252668607
/thread
>>
>>252682967
Most of all it's pointless. It's easy as fuck to get a lot of food, so there's no challenge involved. It's just an annoying nuisance having to stop every 100 metres to refill your food bar, and then spending 10 minutes harvesting and replanting your fields when you get home.
>>
From a simple comfy game with calm music to turn into MUH ADVENTURE AND MAGIC

Fuck.
>>
>>252681887
That's pretty much it.
There's so much stuff, but most of it is really shallow.
You can build so much, but all of it is cosmetic. There's almost zero depth.
>>
>>252683296
>In my case, i'd probably just go with the "Push Button to Harvest" and have it all head into a Chest. via hoppers.
Harvesting was never the issue, replanting is.

I know that Dispensers can plant seeds now, but while it's STILL not possible to slap redstone onto a wall and have it go straight up, I'm not going to bother.
>>
>>252683735
As I said, Replanting isn't an issue anymore in 1.8 if you can round up Farmer Villagers, who will Harvest, Replant and share the drops with other villagers in their inventories. Then, when they can't hold anymore, they'll just let the drops remain on the ground, allowing for Hoppers to get them.
>>
>>252674286
Floating continents map. Was in the Indev before being taken out and Notch promised it would be back.

It never came back.

It's a constant reminder of all of Notch's broken promises in the early days of MC.
>>
>>252674514
Meant for >>252674107
>>
File: wtf-yaranaika-face.jpg (7KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
wtf-yaranaika-face.jpg
7KB, 300x200px
While i still enjoy minecraft, Only with friends and making animations Trying to change what minecraft is in a animation standpoint with good shit.
Theres a few things that annoy the living fuck outta me.
1. The community.
Oh man. the fucking fanbase. If your a part of the minecraft fanbase, your either this. 1. a guy who only cares about money 2. a kid 3. a 13 year old kid learning about love 4. a fucking douchebag and 5. a SKERRRDOESSSSMINECHSAF Fan. Only 10% of the community actually use logic while playing minecraft Few of them being my bud from sweden and a few friends i chill with.. I got plenty of stories about 3 and 4 i can make them into greentext stories.
2. The hunger bar.
I mean. Its just a tiny complaint. but i think standing like a plank at night and worrying more about your hunger than your health is a problem. while it adds more challenge. it doesn't add fun to the users wanting to build shit on survival Like me I been playing minecraft since early alpha.

I'll end this with this. Muh sky dimension.
>>
File: Brother-Nathaniel-Church.png (383KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Brother-Nathaniel-Church.png
383KB, 854x480px
>>252683512
A common complaint is rather that long-standing issues are not being fixed, while every new update features new incomplete mechanics which nobody asked for. The core game is still broken, and instead of turning it into a presentable product, jeb rather opens another can of worms with every new update, when you could just download a mod which implements the same features.

Speaking of mods, there's still no mod API despite it having been promised years ago.
>>
>>252684426
>Endermen could have been called Farlanders but Endermen won because MUH SLENDERMAN CREEPYPASTA MAYMAY xDDD
>Sky Dimension could have been converted into The Farlands instead of The End and be a world rich with ores and rare materials to reward players who found it but was filled with Farlanders who don't exactly welcome your presence, especially mining their resources while the original Farlands in the overworld were simply removed/fixed/whatever
Fuck, man.
>>
>>252671819

Basically this. It got retarded.
>>
The promise was Dwarf Fortress in 3D.

Look what we got. No further answers needed.
>>
>>252684798
I know man. Fuck.
>>
>>252684782
Exactly. Nothing feels done.
>>
>>252684782
This is the same problem that SS13 development has, interestingly. When a project gets tossed between devs and nobody has any hard responsibility, people tend to fuck around and do what they want while ignoring what they don't want to do (bugfixing).
>>
File: hand dropping a sword.jpg (4KB, 42x42px) Image search: [Google]
hand dropping a sword.jpg
4KB, 42x42px
>>252684426

Honestly, the only tolerable community in Minecraft is the Redstone Community. The only group of people who actually have a brain to make something in Minecraft that isnt a 5x3x9 square house, or pixel art of Mario.

Walking into a new server and seeing an automatic Tree cutter, or something as simple as a Mob Spawner to farm feathers or bones, is just a good feeling of wondering how they made it.
>>
>>252684798
I remember when the Enderman update was announced, and I was building on a tiny server with friends.
They sounded really scary and dangerous, so I dug a moat around my town walls and thought of ways to keep them away from muh buildings. Then the update came, and afterwards another which nerfed them and greatly limited what blocks they could pick up.
An thus, they were reduced to harmless critters which you can safely ignore, and which are only notable for making good exp farming material in the End.
>>
>>252684782
Ironically, the Community begs for said mod content to be implemented in Vanilla, but as soon as Jeb listens and decides "HEY LET'S DO THIS THING PEOPLE WERE WANTING!", they're met with hate for no reason whatsoever.
>>
>>252685516
Something I want to re-set up that I had in the server I used to play in is a grand trainline.

I mean, I know it's pretty basic, but there's something really satisfying about collecting all those resources with your friends, and then setting up a huge circle connecting everything all of you have built, with a few carts going around it on endless cycle and stopping at stations along the way.
>>
File: 1373298542896.jpg (10KB, 304x255px) Image search: [Google]
1373298542896.jpg
10KB, 304x255px
>>252685516
I agree with you. Redstoners are awesome. But still. it really bugs me to no end why the minecraft fanbase turned to shit so long ago. I mean. i'm currently animating something really stupid while playing on my guitar and listening to george duke and soon gorillaz.
So. really.
>pic related
>>
>>252685516
They fell short on the crafting crazy shit together side, and too much on other bullshit aspects
Left before those delayers and hoppers appeared, are these useful? They sounded cool
>>
File: autism satisfied 2.png (2MB, 1280x721px) Image search: [Google]
autism satisfied 2.png
2MB, 1280x721px
>>252673583
Faggot you don't know shit. Do you even tier 3 research?
>>
Hello everyone, and welcome back to the yogscast.
>>
Guys, why do we hate Notch again?
>>
>>252671016
>Most kids can play the game on their mum's netbook
Isn't Minecraft really unoptimized?
>>
>>252671016
because you don't have a PC?
>>
File: 1373240412895.jpg (26KB, 211x208px) Image search: [Google]
1373240412895.jpg
26KB, 211x208px
>>252686190
>mfw when they used to be good

Anyway. /v/. i have a question. how do we fix minecraft animations. i want to know.
>>
>>252686251
because he makes video games our mortal enemy.
>>
>>252686251
He ran off for Reddit after receiving criticism from /v/ and a shit ton of promises he made never came to actually happen.
Most notably, Lanterns.
>>
>>252686251
I hate him because he left minecraft, leaving jeb to implement too much shit.
>>
>>252686251
>got rich off Minecraft
>never fulfilled his promises
>stopped giving a shit and just dumped the game on jeb

Compare that to Toady, who refuses to demand money for Dwarf Fortress, and has spent over 12 years already slowly but surely expanding it and working towards his goal.
>>
>>252686445
help by prepaying for my game
>pays someone else to do it with the golds.
new office and vacation time
>>
>>252686441
And by Lanterns, I mean having Torches eventually burn out, requiring you to relight them, and Lanterns being a mid-game resource that would stay lit forever.
>>
>>252686873
What about the game, nigga?
The game matters, not their wellbeing.
>>
Nothing, people will always find a way to complain about fucking everything. Especically if something major gets changed, f.e. hunger, even when you can either fucking automate it or just play peaceful if you are a boring shit
>>
>>252676306
>They can't even make water flow through blocks like fence or iron bars
Couldn't they just have iron_bar_water and iron_bar_water_flowing textures, and just code it so water passes through these blocks like it should?

The whole water system is pretty crappy.
It had potential to be a good game, and still does, but the code is utter crap and they don't seem to want to improve that. Rather they decide to bloat the game with content to justify a $20 label. He rushed out "The End" update ASAP once he found out people were buying his game en masse for $10, and labeled the game "complete" so he could start charging $20.

The soul is gone, gutted by a jew.
>>
Jeb has added carpets, hooray for that.

But most of the stuff that has been added is euther nebulous or pointless.
>>
>>252687134
the entire idea of survival was ruined the day people started posting creeper at back door images on /v/ as if it was scary/hard to avoid.
>>
File: 1363028630024.png (18KB, 583x564px) Image search: [Google]
1363028630024.png
18KB, 583x564px
>>252686251
>>
>>252686251

VACATIONS!
>>
There is still no zombie siege mode.
What's the point of getting awesome gear, building devious traps and making a fortress, when a fucking door keeps everything out? Or a fence for that matter. And even if you open your doors wide, maybe a mob or two wander inside, but there is no pathing into your fortress, just random wandering mobs.

The first thing he should have implemented after redstone machines and traps is a siege mode where waves of enemies attack your base every night and you have to fend them off.
Kind of like Dwarf Fortress sieges.
>>
youtubers with thousands if autistic tweens at their side happened
>>
>>252686167
>>252673583
Seriously guys, what game is this? It looks pretty cool.

>>252681997
Do you not realize how much shit someone would have to wade through on google by searching that?
>>
>>252686934
Make glowstone more common or have a torch surrounded by 4 glass blocks = lamp
>>
>>252687916
>Seriously guys, what game is this? It looks pretty cool.
battletoads 3: factorio
>>
>>252687694
>there are actually zombie sieges
>they attack villagers
>you probably don't even notice them because you're wandering around a few chunks away from the village, and when you actually see it all the NPCs have been genocided already
t-thanks jeb
>>
>>252687694
slenderman took blocks
he was stopped by water
his post /v/ fanbase still shit themselves.
>>
>>252682734
You can 100% automate Pumpkin Pie, the best food item (4 food bars and high saturation so your hungry bar doesn't drain as fast again), which is just using a piston under the dirt tile that grows the pumpkin, pushing it will uproot the pumpkin. This works with Melons as well.

As for Sugarcane, you just place the piston at the second growth time.

And wheat you just need water for.

For harvest, you push a button.
It takes me about 30 minutes to wire one of these, and I usually hide it in a building that doesn't look like it was made for harvesting.

Apply yourself even thou the code is written in a really shitty way, they need to fucking fix their shit and move to c++
>>
>>252688072
Naw man, that ain't it

Please I just want to know ;_;
>>
>>252688195
Slenderman doesn't help shit. He still only spawns if you're standing in your door, and they don't attempt to get inside your fortress, just do some shit randomly.
The game doesn't need tunneling enemies. The game needs a fucking pathing system and AI that tries to get inside.
>>
>>252688250
silly anon, it is called: factorio: attack of the automated battletoads

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yDZM0diiYc
>>
File: autism satisfied 3.png (2MB, 1280x721px) Image search: [Google]
autism satisfied 3.png
2MB, 1280x721px
>>252688250
It's Factorio
>>
>>252685775
Monketron?
>>
>>252688141
> Find village
> Arrive at village, find only a handful NPCs.
> Try to build wall round village, light up place
> Villagers all dead before you can build any protection
>>
File: PANIC.png (86KB, 1438x840px) Image search: [Google]
PANIC.png
86KB, 1438x840px
>>252687415
>>
>>252688753
>He didn't corale all the villagers into one house and block the door with random materials!
>>
>>252688574
>>252688447
danke
>>
File: 2011-11-25_192028.png (934KB, 1024x714px) Image search: [Google]
2011-11-25_192028.png
934KB, 1024x714px
>>252667238
the community is divided on what it wants out of the game which hurts development

some want it to be an endless adventure game/RPG, some want a creative engine where they can build all kinds of things, and others want an action game with definite levels of advancement/things to craft

in the end only one can be right
and they are the masterrace Builders
>>
>>252686330

Unoptimized in the way that it runs on anything but it runs like shit. There is some limit to how much of a toaster you can play it on but a state of the art rig barely has a difference to a low tier one
>>
>>252688934
Building Bothies and small hpuses is more fun than building castles which often end up unfinished due to boredom.
>>
>>252689182
If only we had different game modes like survival and creative.
>>
maybe nether should have been more like smallish zelda 1 dungeon areas with premade areas by the fanbase added.
>>
File: vacation.png (2MB, 1398x1599px) Image search: [Google]
vacation.png
2MB, 1398x1599px
Then he left
>>
File: 1405046221767.jpg (49KB, 407x385px) Image search: [Google]
1405046221767.jpg
49KB, 407x385px
>>252682893
Its, as I stated in another thread, what Minecraft will never be, or Tekkit v. magicks
When I grow tired I will finally move to the Superior DF, though
>>
If there were sieges your bases and forts would feel truly comfy.
>>
File: 2014-02-03-23.47.229.jpg (242KB, 1000x569px) Image search: [Google]
2014-02-03-23.47.229.jpg
242KB, 1000x569px
>>252689489
there are but the distinction is still there since survival basically just makes building things more difficult as well as more meaningful

anyways Minecraft is great online
there are always the fags though who build like one wood shitshack then whine the rest of the game until they quit/grief everyone
>>
> No practical metal besides iron
Give me copper to make low grade armor. Give tin to make buckets and shit. Slap those into a furnace to make bronze.

> No upgrades to furnaces etc.
You'd think there'd be an application for some of the nether shit to make more fuel efficient furnaces if nothing else.

> Dumb and arbitrary regen
A hard limit at 9 food bars is just dumb as shit. Regeneration speed shoud scale with the amount of food bars, maybe stopping closer to zero than at fucking 90%.

> Most content stacked towards late game
You can use your experience levels after you've found diamonds. You get goddamn health potions after you've literally been to hell and back without them.
>>
>>252682734
>not having a Mooshroom farm
>>
>>252689735
online this is fun but the fact that all blocks other than obsidian take a second to cut a 2block tall hole into and raid make forts little more than aesthetic pieces

I don't know of any mods which make sieges an actual thing and stone material actually be relevant as with walls

the best currently is walls full of lava like deadly oreos
>>
the full release managed to be uglier, less fun and buggier than the alpha
>>
>>252690351
You can even cut through obsidian like a hot knife through butter with an enchanted Diamond Pickaxe, or just use an Enderpearl. I played on a political server, battles had to be watched over by mods enforcing custom rules on what degree of destruction is permissible because the game just lets anyone destroy anything with zero effort.
>>
Am I the only one who enjoyed building my base inside a mountain? You know, start at the base, make a small work room, then slowly carve out the mountain in grand halls, a farm, an animal farm, armory, etc.. Then, building up, until you reach the peak, and build your towers, like they erupted from the living stone.

I suck at building houses, so I opt for grand halls, make my own Menegroth.
>>
File: 2011-09-07_22.47.37.png (2MB, 1920x982px) Image search: [Google]
2011-09-07_22.47.37.png
2MB, 1920x982px
>>252690154
id also like to see Gold made useful by increasing the enchant buff gold items get by a lot

also more varied enchants, magic is not necessary but some cool alternate uses would be nice

Anvils are one of the best recent additions though

what would be really cool is if instead of genetic XP there were skills to be leveled, basic ones like mining, woodchopping, smithing/blacksmithing, farming, enchanting and potion making
>>
>>252690819
this is fine for singleplayer/non-pvp because having to spend a long as time destroying anything I place would be a pain

but there really should be some mods which address this, like having destruction be nerfed within faction territory
>>
being able to build a 80 block high thing under you in 60 seconds is so dumb.

how do people even pvp with that sort of sillyness?
>>
>>252691943
build a camp at its base until they come down
>>
the more I think about it the more I realize I actually just want Minecraft to be a more autistic Mount&Blade
>>
>>252691943
>how do people even pvp with that sort of sillyness?
With tons of rules and no-fun-allowed mod enforcement.
Then somebody summons a wither, everyone has a lot of fun as everything devolves into utter chaos, and everyone gets banned.
>>
I'm amazed people still play vanilla Minecraft.

Only thing making me play this game is mods.
>>
>>252692450
I only play online, single player is only good for building shit in creative to export into games if i want to
>>
>>252671016
Atmosphere
>>
>>252678089
>>252678607
Um, download the old version? Is it really that hard?
Use ATLauncher. It has every MC patch including alpha
>>
>>252690909
Nope, I enjoyed that too, though I was always more of a treehouse man.

There's something satisfying about being at the top of a rainforest biome in a glass-roofed house and walking along your open-walled inter-room tunnels, where you can see and hear the rain and lightning tearing down the world outside.

Glorious
>>
File: 1404914781826.jpg (158KB, 1024x1064px) Image search: [Google]
1404914781826.jpg
158KB, 1024x1064px
>>252686167
That was a cap after like 20 minutes of playing.

Not my entry to the autism competition altho I am mirin.
>>
File: dissapointed.jpg (56KB, 695x401px) Image search: [Google]
dissapointed.jpg
56KB, 695x401px
>>252690909
I've tried to do a regular house, in the forest, near the beach, in a tower but it was awful.

>>252690819
This, the "muh diamonds" killed every server I step into. There was a point the economy where everybody had diamond stuff, and it was pointless to keep acquiring resources/food/whathever else, so people just started to pvp (using "difficult to get" golden apples, potions, maxed gear, you just could sneak into and backstab people to get their stuff, or wait until they were dead to collect it), maxing some kind of block, and them re-break the economy selling it at the lowest price possible (even 10 players can sell you 10 kind of rare blocks at a very low price), or the hackers, the fucking hackers, I don't even need to explain why they fuck'd the servers. They even restarted from scratch, resseting EVERYTHING by the hackers, and those fuckers still went into.
Hell, there was a server FULL of kids, I think the only one who wasn't were me, a couple of friends (from another games), the admins and some bro who was like me. That was not really bad by itself (except for the fucking hackers), I cannot complain than it was really fun, but with the points cited above, and the "muh daddy can pay stuff for me", they indirectly drove us all into the doom.
>>
>>252692450
Im right there with you but I have never been able to find the right modpack for my friends and myself.
We decided to start creating our own pack, which seems to be going well. Still working on it though.
>>
>>252675575
I like RPing a simple farmer though

hunger is fine it just degrades too quickly and kills you too fast when it goes down

regen only happening at 90% hunger is fine but starvation should not be an issue for MUCH longer than currently
>>
the flood of 12 year olds
>>
>>252667238
>What went wrong?
It was shit from the beggining
>>
File: 2013-03-19-23.47.229.jpg (344KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2013-03-19-23.47.229.jpg
344KB, 1920x1080px
>>252693661
this is every game though
they suck at building and everything else
>>
>>252693424
I like being a farmer too and just am nice to everyone giving out free food and such, but every single time there are always those shitters who just steal everything and ruin the plantation/stuff ive built fucking everyone over

or people who just kill all your livestock just to get a couple beef/leather instead of just asking and getting as much as they would ever need
>>
Halfway through beta Notch stopped giving a fuck. Any ideas that were beneficial to the game were taken place by the thoughts of all the shekels he was getting by doing nothing while little kids blindly bought the game because they thought it was "in".

Speaking of little kids, it was at that time when the community shifted to mostly mature teenagers and adults with a affinity with games to shively autistic kids with no idea in what a good game is. The youtubers started hitting those big numbers and the popularity soared through the roof. Basically it turned from Kerbal Space Program to Call of Duty in terms of overall quality.

Now anyone who really appreciates a good game has to install metric fucktones of mods to make it even slightly playable to someone of decent tastes. Most of these mods being things that just should've been in the fucking game.

/thread
>>
There was supposed to be more game. I like building things as much as the next guy but I'm not autistic enough to sit and just build block buildings that will never be populated and that will never be attacked. I honestly feel the temptation to go back just to explore because damn the soundtrack and vistas are wonderful, and a little construction never hurt anyone.

Although now with the XP and the unnecessary hunger bar, I don't think I could take it.
>>
I stopped caring when they said they're scrapping the mod api thing and instead added 3 blocks that do literally nothing
>>
I'll tell you what went wrong. The whole community hit the fan a few years ago when it went mainstream. Hackers and Pre-Pubesent tightwads flooded into the game. Then these stupid minecraft parodies and random ass gaming videos starting raping Youtube square in the ass. Seriously, these fucking Minecraft parodies are fucking mundane as hell. Think of any popular, mainstream song you can imagine. There's probably a Minecraft parody of that. The game is okay. The community is shit. Most of my pals that played the game before the abominable disaster occurred totally abandoned ship when it did. All in all, the game sucks
Thread posts: 227
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.