[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when /u/ won?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1416164223119.gif (278KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
1416164223119.gif
278KB, 450x300px
I remember. I remember nobody thought they would, yet they did.
>>
>>1964522
I hardly call the writers saying something in an interview after the show has finished as "winning".

But whatever makes you happy
>>
>>1964525
I agree. I usually have my goggles on and I couldn't see it till the second time I watched.
>>
>>1964525
>>1964533
Don't be dumbos. It was magnificent.
>>
>>1964525
>>1964533
/u/ in general saw it the instant we watched the ep end, and this was in a thread that was very much on board for a friendship end up till the ep coming up.
>>
>>1964547
Oh, /u/ only sees what it wants to see.

I'm happy with the outcome considering the network it was on. It's a great start, I just don't see as this grandiose victory.
>>
>>1964522
is that really all it takes for /u/ to call things like that a "win"? I mean, I know we can't have nice things 99% of the time, but you don't really have to lower your standards that much because of it.
>>
>>1964557
Pretty much. If you consider this a 'win' your standards are damn low.
>>
>>1964557
No, one person doesn't represent the entirety of /u/.
>>
>>1964522
>months afterward
>no one cares
>a year after the ending
>no one cares
Some victory. The awful writing, terrible characters, contrived plots, and general disservice to the original series only won this show apathy or scorn. And of course>>1964525
since the writers couldn't be bothered to show an actual friendship that manages to develop into something onscreen rather than the far background.
>>
>>1964565
I'll bet M&K were taking notes.
>Months after RWBY ends
>"Uh... yeah, White Rose was canon!
>/u/ acts like it's a big deal
I can see it.
>>
They drew paralells with wedding scenes just before they got together, they had korra blushing and crushing on Asami the entire season (and some of season 3).

Sadly, this is as much of a win we can get in an american cartoon, which is rather sad. Hopefully, we can actually see an actual relationship when we get the comics, since they can avoid the troubles that came in with regulations as far as showing homosexual behavior on television.

In otherwords, blame executive meddling at Nick for keeping it low key.
>>
>>1964784
>this is as much of a win we can get in an american cartoon
Steven Universe has proven you wrong.
>>
>>1964784
It only happened because Korra x Mako was so hated. It only got more hate after they doubled down on forcing it in the second season. Only then was it even considered as a possibility.

>>1964786
Ironically it's only because of how much praise this got. The execs got the message that a gay couple wouldn't get shit on, but instead get them praised.
That likely wouldn't have been possible if this didn't get showered with so much love and praise.
>>
>>1964522
Jesus christ you already have a general. Keep it in your containment thread.
>>
>>1964789
Steven Universe had its episodes already written and being animated before the end of Korra. And Steven Universe also has character building and actual writing to back it up.
>>
Jesus Christ, /u/ should be renamed to gr/u/mpy
>>
Aw, look, /co/ still managed to find a place on /u/ after being laughed out of the LoK/u/ thread. It's almost as salty in here as the Makorrafag tag. Delicious.
>>
>>1964874
I'd rather be named that than /co/mblr.
>>
I'm going by wiki for the day so and this is a first draft:

Remember, remember the Nineteenth of December,
Yuri at the end of the season and plot,
I know of no reason
Why the Yuri season
Should ever be forgot.
>>
>>1964874
for a second there i thought i was at /a/
normally /u/ is all over this stuff, just as >>1964547 mentioned when the episode aired and pretty much the entire time since then

OF COURSE this is not like Muh chinese cartoons where they can make out in the middle of the show, but it's still a huge improvement, thus it deserves to be called "winning"
baby steps everyone
>>
>>1966981
This.
Bear in mind that this show was on Nickelodeon, and there are clear overtones.
>>
>>1964868
Too bad Steven Universe is a steaming pile of shit that can't possibly appeal to anyone with the social intelligence or intellectual capacity above that of an 8 year old.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.