[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metall/u/rgy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 359
Thread images: 9

Continued from >>1926024

>What is it?
/u/ put their goggles on tight enough that they started shipping personifications of chemical elements, metals in particular. We started from the nuclear family heh heh of a Gold/Silver couple and their (adopted?) daughter Copper, and have been slowly expanding out. Done with a mixture involving small amounts of science and large amounts of "this would be cute" when it comes to establishing an element or couple.

Questions to help expand on some elements:
Is Prometheum an AI girl created by Europium who wanted a child but is married to her work?
Will Molybdeum ever be discussed?
How exactly are Silicon and Carbon related and is it incest if they slept together?
Will Titanium ever mention her mother Adamantine?
Why is Aluminium such a prancing lalala resuwoman when it comes to interacting with Beryllium?
>>
>>1942526

Also, why things didn't work out between Chromium and Cobalt ?
>>
Carbon is pale
Steel is cute
Iron is inexplicably hot, it's something about how she's standing or her eyebrow or something but I'm definitely gay for a metal right now

also this thread is so perfectly every crazy stereotype about /u/, keep on trucking onee-sans
>>
>>1942592
Maybe they realized they work better as friends than lovers, and maybe they were going in two separate directions in their life so it ended amicably and then Chromium found out she was pregnant with little Stellite after Cobalt left.

Now the real question would be, does Stellite know her estranged mother Cobalt?
>>
>>1942634
I don't even know if they'd be estranged.

Like, they just realised that things weren't clicking for them in a relationship, so they split with relatively little fuss and just hop Stellite between them every week or something.

Which makes Carbon silently jealous, of course.
>>
>>1942661
Yeah I doubt Chromium and Cobalt would be estranged since it sounds like they're still friends. As for hopping Stellite betwixt themselves, that could definitely work. I'm sure Chromium doesn't need the help in supporting Stellite but she told Cobalt just as a heads up and to see if she wanted to be in her life.

Carbon probably even realizes she's slightly jealous but pushes it down since Chromium's been so helpful with little Steel and as an emotional rock.
>>
>>1942671
>As for hopping Stellite betwixt themselves, that could definitely work.
It's pretty common for cases with joint custody. Often court-mandated, even.

Though I wonder what Cobalt and maybe even Stellite (kids can be pretty perceptive) think about Chromium and Carbon's relationship, or Chromium and Nickel's.
>>
>>1942674
For Carbon and Chromium that'd depend on when it started and Stellite's age. Outside of probably noticing her mom is happy, she wouldn't have an opinion on CCr. Now NiCr, that one she's probably more aware of since she's ~7 so if she likes Nickel she'd probably be fine with Chromium getting together with her.

As for Cobalt, maybe a little jealous of the relationship in and of itself but not Carbon or Chromium. Not real sure about Nickel, it'd probably depend on if she bumped into Platinum and became smitten with her.
>>
>>1942674
Cobalt's probably encouraging her, I doubt there's much jealousy on either side. Maybe a little drama on which one starts seriously moving on first, but nothing serious.

As for Stellite, I doubt she picks up on exactly what her mom and Carbon are doing upstairs while Steel takes her to the movies, but I can imagine her overhearing talk about Nickel and running through the halls shouting "mama's a cradle robber!".

And eventually of course being excited about being a big sister.
>>
>>1942678
>Cr dating Nickel makes her a cradle robber
What? They're like five years apart, come on. Zinc's a cradle robber, if she gets with Copper, along with Carbon.
>>
>>1942681
I've seen people say it as a joke about smaller age gaps (22/18, though, so earlier in life).

I never said she overheard a SERIOUS talk.
>>
File: periodic-table u.png (114KB, 1761x884px) Image search: [Google]
periodic-table u.png
114KB, 1761x884px
>>1942685
Fair enough.

The Periodic Table from the previous thread. Cobalt, Chromium, and Stellite needs to be filled in with the appropriate colours or made in Stellite's case.
>>
>>1942688
What's "mentioned" versus "discussed"?

Also we should probably link the fics and profiles somewhere.
>>
>>1942704
Probably something like how the OP mentioned Prometheum and Europium as something of a convo starter compared to say Chromium who the previous discussion focused on along with Co and Stellite.

Astatine's kind of a good example, we haven't really talked about her outside of saying she's a spaghetti monster and the little cameo she had in Palladium's profile.

Though looking at this I think Zr, P, S, Mo, V, Hg, Brass, and Bronze should be mentioned over discussed.
>>
File: 13087604501251.jpg (24KB, 226x242px) Image search: [Google]
13087604501251.jpg
24KB, 226x242px
>>1942526
I just came here. Is Carbon licentious?
>>
>>1942714
I wouldn't say licentious specifically, but she's got a hell of a sex drive and commitment issues.

She's slept with (off the top of my referencing-chart-in-the-last-thread) Titanium, Molybdenum, Tungsten, Silicon, Manganese, Chromium, Nickel, and Zinc on at least one occasion each, on top of having a magic alloy baby with Iron when they were teenagers (leading to said commitment issues).

She's also maybe slept with Aluminium, who IS licentious (and is basically lesbian chemical Tony Stark).
>>
>>1942714
More unintentional than intentional since she has a Class-M harem (kinda) and got her high school sweetheart teen pregnant.
>>
>>1942526
>there needs to be more couply art
There needs to be more couply lewdfic
(Do we even have a lewd writefag?)

>>1942595
>I'm definitely gay for a metal right now
Everyone is Carbon for Iron.
>>
>>1942704
>What's "mentioned" versus "discussed"?

Mentioned is mentioned in "canon" (ie, actual written pieces), right now it refers to the characters established in other characters's profile, so that we have a better understanding of them.

Discussed is everything talked about in the thread, but not yet transposed in canon.

For instance, Mn went from "discussed" to "mentioned" when Iron's profile went up.

The table needs updating as I'll change some things about Cobalt in the light of recent discussion, like adding Stellite, and replacing Arsenic with Samarium as her childhood friends (the magnets).

Some objections with Cobalt being a teenage romance of Aluminium ?
>>
>>1942764
I got no objection to that romance, not like it stuck around. Only thing that sticks out is Zr. Why is Zr discussed? I don't think she's even been thought of yet unless I missed something blatant.

Also don't forget to color Technetium.

>>1942704
>we should probably link the fics and profiles somewhere.
Done
http://pastebin.com/b9SiY7pV
I will obviously continue lurking and try to update it as soon as possible.
>>
>>1942770

I mentioned her to be a colleague of Dr. Tantalum, as they're both metals used in medical applications.
>>
>>1942775
Christ I'm blind. I completely forgot about that. Ah well then, I think the only outstanding gripe with the chart now is Technetium not being properly coloured and Cobalt needing change her color.
>>
File: Metallurgy(1).png (117KB, 1841x884px) Image search: [Google]
Metallurgy(1).png
117KB, 1841x884px
>>1942781

Here

Keep in mind this chart is up to date with the new version of Cobalt's profile that is not yet posted.
>>
>>1942805
Nice, alright I will try and catch the updated Cobalt profile in case it has a different url for the all-in-one pastebin.
>>
>>1942732
>Do we even have a lewd writefag?
Nope, though that would probably be a touch troubling since it's mostly couples that would be the subject matter. Adult couples that is.
>>
>>1942719
>Zinc

Actually her profile established that because of the complicated situation with Fe, Zn and C didn't act on their attraction.

Which begs the question: in which bed does Zn alleviate the stress of being between the anvil and the hammer ?
>>
>>1942884
Lithium's because all of her toys/vibrators use lithium batteries
For real though, didn't Iron's profile just establish that she's closer to Iron than Carbon and when she was/is friends with Carbon's she's more focused on playing mediator and trying to help sway Carbon into giving Iron a second chance that sleeping with Carbon probably happens rarely.

I gotta imagine that it's more of the heat of the moment type thing. Like Zinc and Carbon got into an argument, one which lead to shouting, and Carbon became all bothered and hot leading to her launching at Zinc and maybe ravishing her while Zinc's all confused in pleasure.
>>
>>1942887
No, no. Remember that Carbon's relationships/flings started with so much as lifting her pinkie.

It's more like they argued, Carbon got hot&bothered, Zinc picked up on it and next thing she knows she's doing research on Carbon's body.

Carbon does have the sexual drive and pull but doesn't act on it, girls just throw themselves at her. And she does try to make things work but it just doesn't happen, because what matters most is Steel.

Also, are we going to talk about FeC ever getting back? And how would CLASS-M react? It would be awesome if once they got back together every past lover of C -the single ones - wants to try again and now Fe has to chase them away.
>>
>>1942805

New Co profile:

http://pastebin.com/DBGecbyc

Also, use this link for W's profile, no changes but I made a pastebin account to edit them if necessary:

http://pastebin.com/ZCTi4KmG

And fuck you captcha those were totally mountains.
>>
>>1942934
>http://pastebin.com/ZCTi4KmG
>http://pastebin.com/DBGecbyc

I will update the pastebin when I get some time. Looking over Cobalt you might want to look over the top three sections for errors since there were some.
>>
>>1942938

I ironed some errors but didn't find the ones in the second section.

Anyway have an other pastebin: http://pastebin.com/W7xUisfD

Now I'm tacking the Alkalis, and I've got a question: Li is the CEO and Na and K are her daughters, the eldest K was the designated heir but fancied herself as a farmer and bailed out to work with P, where does it leave Na ?

(Consider that the Alkalis are all bad in social situations, with some more than others)
>>
>>1943064
Samarium's
>The one and only "bestie"
Chromium's
>Chromium became pregnant as the flame of passion began to flicker,
>sealed the fate of their relationship.

I wouldn't quite put Zinc down as the Copperb owl winner just yet, since nothing's really been established. Also maybe it'd be better to say Copper's the future mother of Bronze and Brass
There was a bit about Antimony's relationship with SnPb being more of a business/friendship one than what three-way relationship implies.
P and S were kind of the proto-NiChr back before Class-M became set and that they found how much they liked each other through the threesome with Carbon.

As for your Alkali trouble, I'd say have Li give K one or two more chances to see if she's "come to her senses" while secretly checking or finding out how profitable K's little "business venture" is. Gotta think of branding and diversifying the family business hasn't hurt before. If Potassium's still set on this little farm girl fantasy of hers after the second one, then I'd say "officially" open up the heir position while quietly funding some of K's stuff in the background.

>>1942916
>how would CLASS-M react?
Zn - Happy that Iron finally worked up the courage.
W - Would have very stern words with Iron that might lead to a fight.
Mo - Needs to be further explored before her reaction can be speculated upon.
Mn - Would probably throw her hands up in exacerbation that it took them so long but is secretly happy
Si - Happy for her little sister and maybe a little jealous that she still hasn't found someone she can fall in love with.
Chromium - Might be too optimistic for Carbon's liking but is happy for them all the same
Nickel - Happy that her Boss got with her friend leaving Chromium open for herself
Titantium - Would maybe try and resemble Tungsten a little bit but doesn't expect such a strong front from Iron and is thrown off her game. Eventually comes to accept Iron trying to prove her love for them.
>>
>>1943086
>I wouldn't quite put Zinc down as the Copperb owl winner just yet

These ideas are just things that were mentionned in the thread, and since it's the third one already, I made this to have a more convenient way of keeping track of what was said.

>Alkalis

My characterisation of Li is that she loves her family but is quite terrible at showing it, and basically two socially uneasy people had an increasing conflict about what was good for K.

Li's business is resouces and energy as well of high tech research, she doesn't really need money from agriculture.

I don't really want to find the resolution just yet, for now it's just establishing the situation, but I'm not quite sure of how Na's place and how she deals with all this.
>>
>>1943086

Also, thanks for the correction.
>>
>>1943106
>convenient way of keeping track
Fair enough

>Li loves her family but is quite terrible at showing it
Even better, she could earnestly believe that she's helping K grow by placing a few discreet funds though that probably largely depends on how well P does as a farmer. It's now more in the vein of Li thinks that might be a good way to subtly show her support of K's endeavors even if K might not see it that way and that she'll back off if K snaps at her and tells her to piss off.

As for the type of business she's in, well there are such things as wind farms that she could look into though it's admittedly not agriculture like you mentioned but the thing with it dynasty's is that they expand. Maybe not so visible to the common man but it wouldn't be that weird if they(the dynasty) dabbled in other things.

I didn't really pose them as resolutions outside of what you thought Li might do, though looking back I might've posed it as a suggestion for what to do about the heir apparent more than Na. In which case, I'd say Na's next in line for being heir but again that could be changed since it sounds like something might be up with Na that puts her at a worse disadvantage for being heir apparent.
>>
>>
>>1943155
Regarding Vanadium, do she and Chromium know each other?

They're both named for the same reason (lots of colorful salts).
>>
>>1943181
Possibly, how old is Vanadium? While being a definitive cop out, if Vanadium's within four years of Cr's age they could've been childhood friends but that sounds too generic with everything in the setting so far.

I'd probably go with childhood rivals that became friends in high school with a forced project or something.
>>
>>1942526
God DAMN I love /u/
>>
Just wondering, since the radioactive elements are robot girls in this, what are the gaseous elements? Fairies, perhaps? Maybe they're responsible for the baby-making magic?
>>
>>1943377
I believe the robots are elements that don't occur naturally and must be artificially produced, not necessarily radioactive elements.
>>
>>1943124
>depends on how well P does as a farmer

I see P as quite the agriculte magnate.
When I plotted this it was more a principle issue rather than a money one, Lithium is a bit determinist.

Here's what I bagan to write: http://pastebin.com/z1ejRj0a

Famility ties of Rb, Cs and Fr are still undecided.
>>
>>1943497
>Principle issue
You know, now it's starting to sound like one of those eighties movies where Li comes off as the villain at first but over the course of the movie grows and comes to accept that her daughter wants to be a farm girl while they both deal with the real villain.

In any case, I think Li might wait just a bit long while also keeping a closer eye on Na to see if she's up to the task of being heir. If not then she'll have to start looking outward to possibly her inner circle business-wise. Say Rubidium depending on their relationship and how Lithium wants her business to continue on past her.

Looking at that, has me more curious about the severity of Cs' ocd and agoraphobia.

>>1943377
Not all of the radioactive elements are robits. Just the artificial ones, though I think Prometheum's still up in the air. Technetium or Astatine are good example. Technetium's a cyborg, and probably her mother's assistant since the element's so close to Uranium, while Astatine's a huge as fuck spaghetti monster but still human in the setting.
>>
>>1943703
>In any case, I think Li might wait just a bit long while also keeping a closer eye on Na to see if she's up to the task of being heir. If not then she'll have to start looking outward to possibly her inner circle business-wise. Say Rubidium depending on their relationship and how Lithium wants her business to continue on past her.

I don't really have a plan with Na yet, so it can go either way, but I'm kind of leaning of her became the company heir, as she's the most appropriate of the alkalis, as she's the most composed. Rb, Cs and Fr are not on the forefront for a reason.

>Looking at that, has me more curious about the severity of Cs' ocd and agoraphobia.

Intense OCD and precision obsessed (because it's Cs that we use in high end atomic clocks), that's way she's Rb's assistant, as she takes care of things that require extreme precision. Rb is the theorical genius and Cs is the practical genius.

>Astatine's a huge as fuck spaghetti monster

What's a spaghetti monster ?
>>
>>1943751
>What's a spaghetti monster
Presumably some unholy aberration of the eldritch kind.
>>
>>1943751
>What's a spaghetti monster ?
>Presumably some unholy aberration of the eldritch kind.
I was using it as a shorthand for her big social anxiety problems that we established as a way to show her radioactivity. Cause you know... when someone's socially awkward where they regularly say awkward things or drop spaghetti, as it's known on this site, she can be viewed as having spaghetti. The fact that she can have panic attacks kind of indicates that she may be more spaghetti than human until she gets with Palladium.
God I feel stupid for using it now.
>>
>>1943751
>Intense OCD and precision obsessed
Be careful with how intense you make it. If you were going to make her all about clocks I would suggested have she be in a vein similar to Clock King. Though I like the idea of her being the practical side to Rb's theoretical side.
>>
>>1943766
I think "has tons of spaghetti in her pockets" would have worked better. The social awkwardness was the first thing I thought of, but then I remembered flying spaghetti monster and thought, "maybe she meant Astatine has a crazy appearance.", the "but still human in the setting" also threw me off, though I now realize it was in reference to the artificial nature and robot girls.
>>
You know, /u/, Cd and Ga could be firefighter homo buddies, because they're used in fire sprinklers.
>>
>>1943870
Like how Al and Be are top gun friends? Maybe, would they be full time homo firefighters or volunteer?
>>
>>1943875
Full time, baby! They got guts!
>>
>>1943878
You have a link about their use in sprinklers? I hadn't heard that bit before, so I'm curious.

Cadmium to me is batteries and Bob Ross, and gallium's semiconductors and galinstan.
>>
>>1943881
Well, Cadmium is in Wood's metal, which is an alloy that melts at a relatively low temperature, found here, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wood%27s_metal

And Gallium...oops, I guess I got confused between thermometers and fire sprinklers, with the whole liquid metal thing going on.
>>
Have we talked about Germanium yet? She could be Silicon's girlfriend, whom she met at work, since Ge is used quite a bit to dope silicon semiconductors.
>>
>>1943878
They could have been, but their largest commercial usage might end up being a bigger indicator of their current job.

Hell they could've gotten together while being full-time or are at least roomies. It'd depend on their age though I'm getting a late 30s vibe.
Would they be taller than normal?
>>
>>1943885
Yeah, late thirties sounds good. If I may, I'd like to peg Cadmium at 39 and Gallium at 37.
>>
>>1943885
>Would they be taller than normal?

That's an interesting idea, but I want to ask what inspired it before I accept it, since we haven't really been fooling around with heights the way we like to in Kancolle fanart. So, what inspired this question?
>>
>>1943886
Yeah that could work.
>>1943883
Nope, hell Silicon hasn't really been discussed outside of a few ideas that didn't get expounded on. Still that could work for Silicon and Germanium, though was it an boss x underling type thing at first or coworkers?
>>1943888
Honestly it was to help the idea of them being firefighters . They could be average but being taller could help them though it doesn't have to be outrageously tall. ~5'10" maybe 6' at the most.
>>
>>1943882
>Wood's metal
Ah, right you are.
Don't know fusible alloys too well myself, outside of that they've got a lot of bismuth usually.
>>
>>1943895
>though was it an boss x underling type thing

We don't that that dynamic in canon yet, though with the thread pushing for incestuous big sis Silicon, that would be quite in-character.
>>
>>1943870
is their dispatcher americium? its used in smoke detectors
>>
>>1943883
Germanium is a bit less mentally stable than silicon, (Ge breaks down in diodes at a much lower temperature than silicon, which is why silicon is much more common)

I'm taking electrical engineering classes and that is like 25% of what i remember from that class
>>
Part 1 of 6 of the family of socially awkward people, Lithium:

http://pastebin.com/6g4V0Set

And as a bonus, I've compiled all the lovely drawfag's art in one imgur album:

http://imgur.com/a/XLhFm
>>
>>1943914
If she was, that would be interesting since she was probably the first robot girl made by U and Thorium.
>>
>>1943888
>Kancolle
>small c
>>
>>1943920
maybe not 'less stable,' but flightier. Like Kanana from Wife and Wife
>>
>>1943936
>http://pastebin.com/6g4V0Set
>Li
I'd say three-piece suite over costume.
>Potassium
What's a majority? Unless you mean like Uni major
Also use sunk over sinked.
>Sodium
Use "became the de facto" over "de facto the"

Very nice.
>>
>>1944056
Sounds like Germanium could be something of a business mentor turned lover for Silicon.
>>
File: Uzal's the blonde.png (469KB, 1056x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Uzal's the blonde.png
469KB, 1056x1500px
So since she's been discussed a few times, indirectly though it may be, Uranium has begun to remind me of Uzal from Ghost Urn.

Are there any other ideas regarding Uranium and possibly Thorium?
>>
>>1944076
>Potassium
>What's a majority?

Well majority as in adulthood.

Thanks for th corrections.
>>
>>1944104
>majority as in adulthood
Huh, didn't know that. I learned something today at least.
>>
Who is Uranium being paired with anyway?

also merry christmas metall/u/rgy
(What metals are used in tinsel, anyway?)
>>
>>1944136
From wikipedia:
>It was originally a metallic garland for Christmas decoration. The modern production of tinsel typically involves plastic, and is used particularly to decorate Christmas trees. It may be hung from ceilings or wrapped around statues, lampposts, and so on. Modern tinsel was invented in Nuremberg, Germany, in 1610, and was originally made of shredded silver.
>By the early 20th century, manufacturing advances allowed cheap aluminum-based tinsel, and until World War I, France was the world leader in its manufacture. Production was curtailed during the First World War as a result of wartime demand for copper.
>Lead foil was a popular material for tinsel manufacture for several decades of the 20th century. Unlike silver, lead tinsel did not tarnish, so it retained its shine. However, use of lead tinsel was phased out after the 1960s due to concern that it exposed children to a risk of lead poisoning.
>Modern tinsel is typically made from polyvinyl chloride (PVC) film coated with a metallic finish.[5] Coated mylar film also has been used.[3] These plastic forms of tinsel do not hang as well as tinsel made from heavy metals such as silver and lead.
>>
>>1944136
>Who is U being paired with anyway?
Robots! Seriously though, I think the only current possibility is Thorium though that's more from a lacking of exploring Uranium as a character.

Right now she's more of just an off-screen inventor and pioneer of science than an actual personification.

>Tinsel
Silver was originally used for tinsel but it tarnished too quickly so it got replaced over the years. Lead was also used but that got phased out in the 60s because of the risk to children.
>>
>>1944145
I know Thoriium is used somewhere in the nuclear power process, so they could be coworkers
i only know that because i read "the radioactive b** scout
>>
Do we have a boron? maybe carbon's next-door neighbor?
>>
>>1944158
They pretty much are.
Thorium and Uranium are the "parents" of most or all of the robot girls because of their usage in the nuclear process so yeah they see each other pretty frequently. Now whether they can stand each other for long times is up to debate.

>>1944136
I just remembered but I'm pretty sure one anon made the possible joke suggestion that Uranium could be paired with Neptunium as well.
Personality I'd say Plutonium over Neptunium if we were to pair U with another radioactive element that's natural.

>>1944160
Nah she hasn't really been discussed, though maybe she could be some sort of dusky asian. Duskey from being tanned and outside because of how it was introduced to the west.

Could definitely have some association with Carbon.
>>
>>1944162
>tan
clever. She works with or knows Uranium, thats a certainty. Boric Acid is used in reactor coolant water to absorb neutrons and control reactivity
>>
>>1944209
>inb4 source
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boron#Shielding_and_neutron_absorber_in_nuclear_reactors
>>
>>1943914
This. About 200 micrograms of Americium is in every smoke detector.
>>
>>1944213
Thats how that guy was able to build a breeder reactor in his backyard
source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Hahn
>>
>>1944162
I'm still voting for Caesium to be asian or part asian, because of caesium's beautiful subtle gold color.
>>
>>1944219
On the subject of subtle colours, is Osmium a bluenette?
>>
>>1944254
Maybe not a complete one, I'd say similar to the dog fur color blue. So I guess she was one in her youth, but she grayed early perhaps. They are in their mid 40s I think? Maybe slightly under Mercury in age but above AuAg if I recall right.
>>
>>1944219

I see all the alkalis as physically asian, but I kind of forgot to describe to skin in Lithium's profile.
>>
>>1944254
Lead should also have this dark blue-grey hair, since freshly cut lead has a slight bluish color.
>>
>>1944302
Oh, that means that drawfriend should redraw Francium when they get the chance.
>>
>>1944320
Or they can leave it as is, it's suppose to be subtle after all.
Honestly I don't really see the need to have Caesium be asian or partly asian just because the metal is slightly gold. As for Francium, really, Francium? I wouldn't expect asian from such a name.
>>
>>1944320

Well for me Francium is asian enough.
>>
Part 2 of 6 with the rebellious child, Potassium

http://pastebin.com/ALxHSHCC

Observations welcome
>>
>>1944441
>Potassium
Phosphorus's should be Phosphorus'
Also "twenty one young woman" sounds weird. I get the meaning but it's like halfway there on the pastebin. So I'd say go with either "a twenty one year old young woman" or use "A young woman of twenty one..."
Exarceberd should be exacerbated
>Sodium
"Even though they are both quite socially anxious..."
>Lithium
"...Has always been a rocky ride..."
>Phosphorus
"...annoyed Potassium didn't tell her"
Clean up the first half of the last sentence, it looks like you're trying to say two different thoughts in the same part.
>Rubidium
Go with "being the company heir" or "being the heir of the company" both together is redundant.
>>
>>1944648

Thanks, I made the corrections. Writing six pieces at once is not the ideal way to go.
>>
>>1944669
Maybe not, but it's in the process of being done so there's that. Now if only I could stop viewing Sodium and Potassium as Russian.

>>1944213
>>1944217
You girls know that Am would be like 5 or so, right?
>>
>>1944700
"When I grow up I wanna work with Ms. U!"
>>
>>1944702
But she does work with Milf U.
Seeing as Ms.U created her.
>>
>>1944717
>Seeing as Ms.U created her.
Americium's naturally occurring though, just very rare.

Robots are Einsteinium and above.
>>
>>1944722
95 to 118 are the robots. If Americium occurs it's probably in a decay chain, which is something of an iffy spot currently, and even if there was some on earth it's probably gone by now considering it's half-life in comparison to the earth's age.

That said the reason why it's a robot is because it's mostly synthesized over found.
>>
>>1944731
Smol cyborg child
>>
>>1944733
So Technetium during her childhood?
>>
>>1944750
I dunno, I was just conglomerating what Ammy should be:
young (>>1944700)
and partly robotic because shes normally synthetic but occurs naturally sometimes (>>1944731)
>>
>>1944722
No, 95+ are the robots.

The only natural instances of americium and its ilk are in natural fission reactors, and rarely.
>>
>>1944773
>natural fission reactors
u wot m8
>>
>>1944774
maybe they mean natural fission reactions*?
>>
>>1944775
but that wouldn't work, it would require heavier elements to be part of the process in order to make americium.
Maybe natural fusion reactions, like stars?
>>
>>1944774
>>1944775
>>1944777
I mean exactly what I say:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_nuclear_fission_reactor
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklo

http://periodic.lanl.gov/100.shtml has some brief discussion of Oklo and heavy transuranics.
>>
>>1944777
I should specifically add to this that somewhat counterintuitively, you can't make extremely heavy elements in a conventional fusion reaction.

Basically anything heavier than iron is formed by neutron capture and beta decay, normally in supernovae.
>>
>>1944787
huh. TIL.
>>1944789
ok, i knew that, i was just generalizing 'stars' to include sup[ernovae, because they are part of the star life cycle.
>>
>>1944790
>ok, i knew that, i was just generalizing 'stars' to include sup[ernovae, because they are part of the star life cycle.
Ah, I see what you mean I guess. You specified fusion, so I'd thought you meant just straight up stellar fusion rather than all the fun stuff that happens when they die.

Natural fission reactors are one of my favourite geological features, bar none.
>>
>>1944797
since you seem knowledgeable, theoretically, could an artificial fusion reactor go supernova?
>>
>>1944800
>could an artificial fusion reactor go supernova?
Not really, no.

In almost every case supernova isn't caused by a fusion reaction, at least not directly; it's caused by the star growing so massive that its own gravity causes it to collapse. If we had enough mass to cause a supernova in an artificial reactor, gravity would have long since destroyed the Earth.

There's also supernovae caused by fusion ignition of a white dwarf star, but synthesis of white dwarf star matter requires a similar amount of gravity.

in other news, big FeC fic first chapter will be first-draft tomorrow morning
>>
>>1944831
What do you even do to learn all this shit anyway?

and how can we ship stars and planets?
>>
>>1944954
>and how can we ship stars and planets?

Greeks did it. Hell, they even shipped creation itself with...I don't know who. Shouldn't be too hard.
Zeus is worst character ever.
>>
>>1944831
So, pulsar-girl is hyper-hyperactive?
>>
>>1944958
Wasn't creation shipped with herself?
For real though, would anyone be against the idea of some of the gases possibly being extraterrestrial grils depending on the element?
>>
>>1944954
>and how can we ship stars and planets?
The galactic core owns an enormous apartment complex. Single-mom Sol moves in with her large slew of daughters, and she has to keep her family in check while dealing with her growing feelings for her neighbor Proxima Centauri.
>>
>>1944961
>the gases possibly being extraterrestrial grils
What if Hydrogen and Helium were visiting aliens, and have totally different philosophies about how to best observe the terrestrials?

Hydrogen goes full Kirk and has at least one lady in her pants every night, while Helium is the standoffish "we must observe remotely with minimal interference" type?
>>
>>1944965
I'd be careful of mindless sex, and just careful in general when dealing with the non-metals. It was just an idea but jumping to that so quickly isn't really the best sign. Though Helium's attitude is a nice reference.
>>
>>1944966
Well, the reason I went for it was it's hydrogen, it bonds with everything, very fire, that sort of thing. I dunno, I'll wait for a writefag to be awake or something.
>>
>>1944967
It was a decent idea, it's just be wary because of the numerous things Hydrogen can be involved in. That's all.
>>
>>1944831
>in other news, big FeC fic first chapter will be first-draft tomorrow morning
Can I request some PdAt next? Elaboration on their first meeting, if you can.
>>
While we all wait for some FeC goodness, here's three Alkali profiles

Rb: http://pastebin.com/JQMhFNP1

Cs: http://pastebin.com/1vF6X8RT

Fr: http://pastebin.com/pUrMYcTv
>>
How about we make a pantheon out of the non-metals? That way Oxygen can be the devil that spreads corruption.
>>
>>1945184
That would be a Demon. Devils are Lawful Evil, not Chaotic Evil.
>>
>>1945197
I'd smack you if I could for trying to say corruption involves the lawful/chaotic part.
>>1945184
Let's focus on finishing up the metals before we spread that far
>>
>>1944831
>tomorrow morning
Is flonium the Valve of /u/?

I kid, I'm sure it'll get here eventually. but then, I'm still waiting for buddy-cop Symphogear
>>
>>1945021
http://pastebin.com/NLF9aNUY
>>
>>1945928

Thanks a lot

>for Caesium and Francium I feel like they could have a bit of an online presence. Perhaps Caesium sells her watchers through the internet and Francium argues on math/science boards about a variety of topics. Just a suggestion though.

I've put in in the thread ideas. Also, I wonder if I should change the structure of the bios a bit.
>>
>>1945916
It was meant to say "here's the current status" rather than "expect a post". I don't post first drafts.

>>1945991
If you can come up with a better structure for the bios than my slapdash template, go ahead. I know I'd like to have one, I just haven't got ideas for improving it because I'm bad at that sort of thing.
>>
>>1945995

I'll try to come up with a new format for the next profile It's going to be Hg but on AO3, the current one is already too much for pastebin
>>
>>1943870
Not read up on her yet, so don't know if it would fit, but it strikes me that Cd might not be the sharpest tool in the box - ISTR issues with heavy metals in seafood; Pb too, in that context
>>
>>1946046
That doesn't work so well for Lead, since I think she was a physicist (radiation shielding) and is the more collected half of SnPb in general.
>>
>>1945821
Why? Chaos is what is usually seen as corruption, not Evil or Law. A Lawful Evil being will always stay within the confines of the laws of the system to get what they want, while a Chaotic Evil being will break all of the laws just for the sake of braking all of the laws.

I;m not even saying that Chaos is bad, it's just that that is how the alignments work. I personally always prefer Chaos to Law and would love for the world to be gripped in Anarchy, but as it stands, Chaos is most often seen as the corrupter, not Evil by itself.
>>
>>1946083
>Chaos is most often seen as the corrupter
Except that in common discourse, "corrupt" often refers to very Lawful things: corporations, politicians, military juntas...

But we're kind of off topic.
>>
>>1946063
maybe pb has like a bum arm or something?
>>
>>1946129
Or something more synonymous with lead poisoning, like needing reading glasses. Though I think lead's developed enough as a character that such a thing isn't needed.
>>
>>1946139
Reading glasses could work.
my love for glasses girls may bias me
>>
Was it decided that Mercury is Pd an Pt's mother ?
>>
>>1946457
I think she's more of a guardian.
>>
>>1946458

Alright then
>>
The last of the Alkalis:

http://pastebin.com/hd1wWG9H

Next will be Hg, I've postponed P and S until more info on Si
>>
>>1946524
Lithium
>but was more rigid about her obligations

Iridosmine
>for a Sodium who got her world shaken.
>Iridosmine laments not
I can see it working though I think it would be better if there was an 'about' in front of the 'not'.

Don't forget that Mercury is close to Lead and helped her try to win over Silver during the two elements younger days.
>>
>>1946642

Thanks

>Don't forget that Mercury is close to Lead and helped her try to win over Silver during the two elements younger days.

Of course
>>
>>1946660
>>1946642
Didn't we also already have a name for Hg?
>>
>>1946727

We have, it's Hildegard.

Do we still use them ?
>>
>>1946765
So just Hilde for short? We don't really use them, pretty sure the reason why Flonium used Aurora and Agatha was from the potential run over with the pokemon fandom who have actual characters named Gold and Silver.
>>
>>1946765
Profileanon has been using them on their profiles, Flonium at least used them in tags but that might just be because of >>1946768

I'm just sort of used to having them as a background detail because I'm a Hetaliafag
>>
>>1946727
>>1946765
Hildegard Torr was the full name for Hg IIRC.

I don't know if we "use" them as much, but I enjoy watching people come up with the puns and references.
>>
>>1946105
Yes. Corrupting things that should follow laws. Chaos corrupts things that are lawful.

In truth, though, opposites corrupt their opposites. Chaos is corrupted by Law; Law is corrupted by Chaos; Good is corrupted by Evil; Evil is corrupted by Good. However, it is usually seen that Good and Law are the norm, so Chaos and Evil are the corrupter.

Yes we are FAR off topic, and that is why I've been sageing my replies.
>>
What's the domestic life of each of the couples like?
>>
>>1947599
AuAg, probably pretty domestic and simple. Silver has more of a stable schedule so she probably followed it like clock work where as Gold most likely has a laidback one. If any of the two are most likely to be at home during the day it's probably gold.

>FeC
Non-existent at the moment.

>PbSn
That's kind of tricky, though I imagine that when not on tour or something similar Tin is the one more likely to be at home.

>IrOs
No idea, though I imagine that Ir is probably carpools with daughter to and from their schools.
>>
>>1944136
Here, have a Uranium x Technetium minific. http://pastebin.com/Df2q2MVd
Just to be clear, I'm not Weatherflonium-senpai or the other pastebin-senpai.
>>
>>1947675
Not bad anon, though I'm ThU myself I'm happy for all ships at this point.
>>
>>1947678
Are there that many "competing" pairings?

I'm probably a heretic but I'd rather see Carbon with Tungsten or one of her lovers while Iron gets together with Zinc. Any other ship fights?
>>
>>1947680
POLYSHIPPPPIIIIIIINGGGG!!!!!
>>
>>1947681
Damn it Carbon, that's your answer to everything.
>>
>>1947682
You're goddamn right. Its served me well, through my years of battling the hets for my anime. Get them to polyship first, and then their foot is in it and they can't get out. Like a pleasant gay quicksand.
>>
>>1947680
>Any other ship fights?

CuPt vs CuZn

On another note, and at last, the mighty Hg profile:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5558582/chapters/12821414

Observations always welcome and especially on the format, as I'll import W, Co and the Alkalis over to AO3 in this format.

Now my last planned profile is Dr. Uzal "Uranium" Shamayim
>>
>>1947687
>Shamayim
isn't that the wizard from captain marvel
>>
>>1947687
>Shamayim
...I'm actually drawing a blank on the connection there, other than Oppenheimer being ethnic Jewish.

Also, the profile isn't opening for some reason. Permission denied. Are you sure it was posted?
>>
>>1947689

Wasn't that Shazam ?

Shamayim is Hebrew for sky, which is what Ouranos was about, and Uranium was named after Ouranos
>>
>>1947692
>Shamayim is Hebrew for sky, which is what Ouranos was about, and Uranium was named after Ouranos
Ah, that explains it. That's opaque.

though I'm pretty sure Uzal is a male name?
>>
>>1947691
>Also, the profile isn't opening for some reason. Permission denied. Are you sure it was posted?

It seems there's a delay, is it accessible now ?

>>1947694
>though I'm pretty sure Uzal is a male name?

It is, but one Anon suggested U shoud be like Uzal in Ghost urn, so I kinda went with it.
>>
>>1947695
Ah, so it's a reference. I can get in now.

>dyed bright red
I see what you did there.
>>
>>1947675
>Technetium
Aw I was hoping for cyborg technetium over "modern" robit technetium.
>>1947687
http://pastebin.com/YYAFycKN
It's probably because I just woke up but the reference with her hair being dyed bright red escapes me. So what is the reference?
>>
File: u.png (21KB, 1041x321px) Image search: [Google]
u.png
21KB, 1041x321px
Here is something I put together to characterize the radioactives, with a few thoughts.

Does the threads have some ideas to help fleshing it out ?
>>
>>1947711

Thanks

>Why's the (?) there?

It's a way for me as the narrator to doubt Mercury's claims about her research.

>outside be aware that Lead and Silver could've met earlier though I doubt Flonium will mind the specified age

Pb and Ag are the same age, and Mercury is seven years older, for me Pb and Ag would've have met at 6 when they were in school, but Hg knew Ag since before that and took care of her when she was a toddler.

Pb and Ag are besties, and Hg is the reliable big sister of both.
>>
>>1947727
While Thorium's definitely U's partner, I think it's always been used in the professional sense when it comes to the gynoids they make. I do think that they are as thick as thieves though and probably see each other as sisters despite no blood relation.

Radium is interesting since she has never been talked about, coupled with her placement on the table and how she's naturally clear, what if she was a computer system that Uranium and Thorium have had since their undergrad days or something and they've just been upgrading her throughout the years to the point where she's a step or two away from being a realized AI or at least the beginning of one.

The other thought I had for her, amounted to her being a ghost or similar to the invisible man where it was through ThU's inquisitiveness that made them reach out and help Ra and developed black bandages she could wrap herself in to help establish a physical presence.

Not sure about Actinium and Proactinum, maybe friends of Ra that believed her to be real before the three met ThU. This is going off the notion and possible acceptance that Radium is like the invisible man. If nothing else, the three could definitely be friends. Obviously Pa might look up to Th more than U or what have you all things considered.

Np and Pu, I could see them being assistants. Maybe they're U's cousins from the old country and they came to live with her because of reasons and they applied to be her assistants. And maybe Np has a bit of a crush on her cousin, something completely harmless. Not like U would ever return her feelings.

Tc struck me with inspiration so I ended up going past the word limit. Instead of splitting it up have a pastebin. http://pastebin.com/QcAwHtdh

Thallium's tricky, skimming over quickly. Only idea that's coming to mind is that she was a farm girl that got interested in poisons, might've worked with Potassium for a year or so, but realized farming wasn't for her and became a doctor.
1/2
>>
>>1947727
>>1947758
2/2
I don't have much of an idea for Polonium outside of maybe being friends with Pb/Bi. Like a girl in their neighborhood that was a year or two younger and clicked more with Bi than Pb.

Europium I feel should know Yttrium and Yttrium's sisters (Erbium, Terbium, Ytterbium) and maybe Thorium because it can be also be found in Mozanite. I still think she should be more computer heavy than robot heavy though there's not much basis when Silicon and Germanium probably have better usage. Thus making Promethium closer to software or some such than hardware that the gynoids are.

However thinking upon this, I like the idea that ThU are still the founders, pioneers, and creators of gynoids and that Promethium's creation might've stemmed more from some drunk jealous fit on Europium's part. Where Europium's development of Promethium's mind was decades ahead of ThU's work but the body's on par with some of their older model gynoids.

Promethium, well my ideas for her are kind of intermixed with Europium though maybe she's friends with Samarium and Neodymium to varying degrees. Though I'm of the idea that Promethium ended up revealing herself before Europium was finished with her through the internet possibly or some other method leading Europium to be credited with something in gynoid development that might possibly lead to Europium putting her head together with ThU in the future.

>>1947751
Alright, well again it should be up against research to help emphasize that.
As for them being the same age, well I feel dumb for forgetting that, but they could've been neighbors in their childhood. Either way that's not really a complaint. Everything is reasonable, I was just stating that they could've met each other earlier before school but again everything works.
>>
>>1947711
>So what is the reference?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinnabar presumably
>>
>>1947758
>>1947770

Nice, gave me ideas to expend of the Gynoid program: http://pastebin.com/uu3Kzhkf

Also, Polonium is Bismuth's friend, Thallium a farm girl gifted for making homebrew inseticids, but didn't really enjoyed farm work, so she went to work with Arsenic in her pest control business.

I need some more brainstorming for Radium, Actinium and Proactinium

>Alright, well again it should be up against research to help emphasize that.

But it's a declarative sentence, so it'd be weird to have an interrogatiopn mark out of nowhere.
>>
>>1947850
Going by real world chronology, Technetium was the first synthetic element created, in 1936. Then Astatine, Neptunium, and Plutonium came along in 1940. This is why I cast Technetium as being so close with Dr. U, since she was Dr. U's first robot girl.
>>
>>1942526
Molybdenum and Steel should be best friends, since about 86% of the world's Mo production is used in (steel) alloys.
>>
>>1947858
And Molybdenum should go to college as a metallurgy major, when/if she's old enough.
>>
>>1947855

Yes, but real world chronology is mostly used as reference, not strict rules, else Copper would be the oldest.

Technium can still be close to Dr U, admiring her savior.

>>1947858
>Molybdenum and Steel should be best friends

Isn't Mo already Steel's step-mom ?
>>
>>1947850
>Thallium works with Arsenic
Maybe, I could see her helping with it but that became prohibited because of health issues. I fully meant her being a doctor when I suggested it, I was originally thinking heart doctor but a Tc isotope replaced Thallium's purpose iirc. Maybe she fell into being an eye doctor.

However I kind of agree with >>1947855 in that the "prototype" that is Technetium should probably happen first. Outside of having ThU being the founders of applicable cybernetics in this setting, the actual work with meshing the two together would help them (ThU) with the finer internal systems. Especially with the fact that gynoids are humanoids.

I do like the notion that the first generation are built with specific purposes in mind. I would keep in mind that ThU probably upgrades them every few years as their technology increases.
>>
>>1947871
>However I kind of agree with >>1947855 in that the "prototype" that is Technetium should probably happen first.

But Technium would actually be the prototype for the polyvalent gynoids, Am, Cm, Bk and Cf are specialized hardware but the first polyvalent gynoid would be a combination of tech used in Tc with programing from Pm.
>>
>>1947869
>Isn't Mo already Steel's step-mom ?
Yeah, or at least was in a relationship with Carbon. Doesn't mean she couldn't be in college or something trying to pick up a technical craft while raising Tc.
>>
>>1947878

I see her as significantly older, already having a job when she got Tc.
>>
>>1947881
Fair enough, I imagined her with a more stable job when she was worrying over Tc.

>>1947876
Alright, having thought on it, I can see your reasoning. What's really getting me is how she became a cyborg. I like illness more than an accident as a kind of overt reference to radiation poisoning. Both have merits depending on how obvious you want her cybernetics to be.
>>
>>1947918
>Alright, having thought on it, I can see your reasoning

To elaborate, my reasoning is that it would be weird that ThU could make a cyborg on their very first try. That's where the specialized gynoids come into play, they serve as experiments for ThU, especially surgeon gynoid Bk who tested Uranium's high dexterity hands.

>I like illness more than an accident as a kind of overt reference to radiation poisoning

The thing is that an illiness will not make a very demonstrative cyborg, unless her illiness requires replacing her limbs.
>>
>>1947944
Better ask Viraemia about dem necrotic illnesses. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV2xRwiLAww
>>
>>1947944
>The thing is that an illness will not make a very demonstrative cyborg, unless her illness requires replacing her limbs.
Yeah though it could depending on the disease and whether or not it's super progressed and it'd be better to remove a limb or two that suffered heavily since it might not recover naturally. Depends on the disease or illness.
>>
>>1947962

Well, that's going beyond my knowledge, a more medically inclined anon would have to flesh it out.
>>
>>1947972
True, however the flaw in my argument is that radiation poisoning is largely internal. It doesn't really affect the limbs and skeletonal structure. Might affect the skin and hair but the limbs would largely be fine.

Here's an idea, it could be both. She might've survived the crash and recovered. Maybe not completely but not to the point of having to be the first cyborg. However, her illness struck back with a unexpected fierceness and that's what led to her needing the cybernetics.
>>
>>1947980
Clearly it needs to be a space shuttle crash and she's saved by a giant robotic lion
>>
Is anyone against the idea of Uranium being something of a silver fox?
Maybe not old but definitely lost hair color early. Say like highschool, her hair started to become silver which makes me think she might've been blonde as a child.

Eye color shouldn't need to be said when all things are considered.
I'm saying they should be green, lime green possibly, depends on the shade.

Thorium obviously is some nordic woman with aryan features and probably isn't bothered by storms.
>>
>>1948328
>Thorium obviously is some nordic woman with aryan features and probably isn't bothered by storms.
So Iron, Thorium, and Americium are obvious but who are other Avengers?
>>
>>1948402
Aluminium is Stark, since Iron would be Black widow.
Not real sure about hawkeye, maybe Steel or tungsten. Maybe Plutonium or Mercury as Hulk.
>>
>>1948328
>Is anyone against the idea of Uranium being something of a silver fox?
You have my sword.

>Eye color shouldn't need to be said when all things are considered. I'm saying they should be green, lime green possibly, depends on the shade.
And my axe!
>>
>>1948403
Aluminium does have the personality but
>Iron Man
>not Iron

I don't know which elements are gamma radioactive, that'd probably be Hulk.
>>
>>1948405
Okay so it'd be a weird case of Iron being the original and Aluminium being war machine or something.

As for gamma radiation. Really any of the more hallmark radioactive elements so probably Uranium if only because it's so common thought of as the radioactive element. A K isotope produces them, along with Tc uses them as well.
>>
>>1948405
>which elements are gamma radioactive
Gamma rays are just high-energy photons really, they usually accompany most nuclear reactions.

I always think polonium, but it's more of an alpha source; it does, however, glow blue.
>>
>>1948328
>Is anyone against the idea of Uranium being something of a silver fox?

One thing I have against is that we already have a lot a silver foxes, and Uranium is an occasion to liven up things a bit.
>>
>>1948411
Fair enough, I kind of forgot that. I just kind of want to avoid having something out there like green or something for it's shade. Well if not silver, what about blonde?
>>
>>1948412
Uranium could be gold-haired, going by yellowcake.
>>
>>1948412

Actually I was thinking brigth green, like Gaia in Frivolesque.

The reasoning is that it's the romantic cultural view that radioactive material glow and Uranium in particular is fluorescent green (it was the case in Civ 5).
Also, Uranium glass is bright green under UV light.

Thorium could be the beautiful scandinavian lady.
>>
>>1948420
>bright green
And this is why I was going for silver or blonde.
Aside from the fact that she already livens things up by making gynoids, she doesn't need such a blatant tip off.
Plus I suggested a way for green to be linked to her with her eye color. If we want to stress the color so much we could say that they glow to help drive that point home.

If that's not a defining trait for U then the thread could think up something. Like her wardrobe could be focused on greens but green hair is a bit much. Also it's not like blonde wouldn't really be out of place on her with what >>1948419 said.
>>
>>1948423
Aren't green eyes just as bad? Also Francium has them.
>>
>>1948435
Green eyes occur naturally though?
>>
>>1948435
No? Well it'd be more interesting if the eyes were utilized more. So far everyone has pretty normal eyes, outside of possibly the robits, Tc, and Promethium. It also would allow for that "irradiated" glow to be more of a physical trait on her. Something that's kind of like an iconic trait of Uranium.

Even better, if she had to teach in some capacity, a few of her students could spread a rumour around about how looking too long into her eyes causes nausea or produces an ill-like sensation that takes a few hours to go away.
>>
>>1948442
>Even better, if she had to teach in some capacity, a few of her students could spread a rumour around about how looking too long into her eyes causes nausea or produces an ill-like sensation that takes a few hours to go away.

I'm not big on that to be honest.
>>
>>1948442
More like she blushes green and her blush glows.
>>
>>1948453
That I'd like, it'd make for some pretty fun phrases should anything romantic involve her where she gets flustered.

>>1948447
Yeah that was a bit out there for the setting. Point is that the eyes can be utilized.
>>
>>1948453
Do all the radioactive elements have glowing blushes?

Because then Astatine's spaghetti must be something to behold.
>>
>>1948458
THIS
>>
File: 19.png (650KB, 1401x2000px) Image search: [Google]
19.png
650KB, 1401x2000px
>>1948458
>>
>>1948458
>Palladium's in the shower
>power outage
>Pt rushes to Astatine's side, makes sure she doesn't freak out, hugs her
>Astatine intensely aware of naked Palladium hugging her
>Palladium wonders if the power has come back
>>
>>1948523
>Pt
Pd*
>>
So if there was a sadistic element, which would it be? Arsenic?
>>
>>1948525
Maybe one of the REE's, though I don't think they'd get up to the level you're probably thinking of.
Alternatively: Florine, Chlorine or Oxygen
>>
>>1948525
Hydrogen is pretty mean to Steel, but I'm not sure I would call it sadism.
>>
>>1948531
>the level you're probably thinking o
I didn't mean g/u/ro or anything. Just regular sadism, or at most, something along the lines of Rooftop.

I thought of Florine and Chlorine too, but they're part of that gas section we're avoiding right now. My other thought was Mercury, but she's already done and went more the alchemy route than the toxic one.
>>
>>1948540
>Rooftop
That the one where the bully threatens to gouge out the girl's eye unless she's quiet while she gets molested?

That's still a bit much but meh. I'd say one of the radioactive ones possibly. Their uses are narrower, and they come with a bunch of interesting things that could lend to sadism.

Like Thorium being pyrophoric if it's finely divided. Plutonium has some interesting stuff, though it really comes down to how do you want to paint a physical or chemical trait into the personality trait sadism. Anything pyrophoric, is probably more angry or furious to varying degrees than straight up sadistic.
>>
>>1948550
>a bunch of interesting things that could lend to sadism.

Sadism is literally the least interesting aspect a fictional character can have.
>>
>>1948557
Yeah well some people want it. Thankfully not many of the elements being used approach it.
>>
>>1948560

In an universe like Metall/u/rgy filled with social interactions, a sadist character will inevitably be isolated from the rest...unless she constantly gets away with it which would be even worse.

It sort of work with a limited cast and a focused story, in other words, the opposite of Metall/u/rgy
>>
>>1948550
>That the one where the bully threatens to gouge out the girl's eye unless she's quiet while she gets molested

Imouto, please.
She points a sharp barrette at her eye to emphasize the point she's making about kids having to resort to violence, not to threaten her into silence. That comes later, when she tells her to be quiet and threatens to cut her if she moves, not gouge her eye out.

>one of the radioactive ones
I actually felt the opposite. Radioactive things are radioactive, it's just in their nature to be unstable and dangerous, they're better suited for things like yandere, insanity, etc. There's a lot of things that are dangerous by virtue of being radioactive, so it'd be strange to pick one of them to be sadistic, especially when it's really the radiation that is the problem, not the element itself. Sadism isn't hurting people out of nowhere from instability, it's deliberate and methodical.

Which reminds me:
>>1945021
I think Francium should be changed a bit. I get the logic behind the agoraphobia, due to Fr's lack of natural occurrence and rapid decay, but it seems strange to me that both Fr and Cs suffer from agoraphobia. Imo Francium's instability should be played up, it's by far the most unstable non-artificial element, I think that's a bigger feature than it being rare and disappearing quickly--which should probably be Astatine's thing, given the element's rarity; a hardcore hikkikomori that suffers intense panic attacks from physical contact with anyone (except perhaps a single girl from the group that can form compounds with As? Or one of the artificial, since they aren't "people" and might not trigger the condition)
Anyway, sadism seems like it should be something that's toxic, as opposed to radioactive; and Arsenic, Mercury and Lead are the most well known for that, metals wise.
>>
>>1948573
How about we just drop the sadism thing since it usually doesn't go anyway where and the other anon has a point about how it's too big of a cast.
>>
>>1948557
>Being continuously upbeat and optimistic is literally the least interesting aspect a fictional character can have.

Yes.

>>1948563
>>1948575

I disagree.
First, this assumes that the rest know the sadist is a sadist, it's something that's very easy to hide.It's not like the world isn't filled with sadists who have regular social interactions like anyone else.

Second, just because it's built on interaction doesn't mean every character needs to interact with every other one. Francium's current concept is a good example of a character that does not interact with many others characters, at all. Agoraphobia is way more of an isolating factor than sadism is. There are connections between various elements, but not all of them need, or even should be connected and interacting. Tin for example, doesn't need to have dealings with Uranium and the artificial program, and Bismuth doesn't need to know AuAg beyond their names. There's no reason a sadist element, even one who's nature is known, couldn't still have interactions with other characters and close connections with one or two. If anything the size of the cast makes it more viable, not less. Being isolated in a small cast means zero interaction, being isolated in a big cast still allows for interaction and connection to a few characters. See Touhou's Yuuka.
>>
>>1948573
>given the element's rarity; a hardcore hikkikomori that suffers intense panic attacks from physical contact with anyone

That's already sort of the case.
>>
>>1948580
>Francium's current concept is a good example of a character that does not interact with many others characters, at all.

Francium is isolated because of her condition, not her behavior.

Francium will always be in the sidelines and not involved in the big social interactions, but Francium is being supported by her cousin Rubidium, a sadist characters will just be shunned by her peers (rightly so).
>>
>>1948589
The two are not separate.

Francium is isolated because her condition (agoraphobia) causes her behavior (vehemently avoiding social interaction whenever possible, remaining indoors, etc)

A sadist is isolated because her condition (paraphilia) causes her behavior (taking pleasure from the discomfort, humiliation, pain, etc., of others.)

But really, this is kind of a strawman to begin with, since the whole point wasn't that francium's isolation is somehow her fault--the point was that "that character would be isolated and not fit in because of lack of social interaction!" is a poor argument when there are already existing characters who are even more isolated and even less socially interactive.

Also I sort of get the feeling you think that being a sadist means you are a psychopathic serial killer/rapist who enjoys cutting people into little bits. Which is sort of like thinking that being a gay female means you have short cropped hair, a square jaw, bulky muscles and wear faded jeans and plaid. Most sadists in the world aren't shunned, because the only people who know they are a sadist are their partner and maybe a couple close friends. There's no reason anyone else would know, it's not like most people walk around work broadcasting that sort of thing.
>>
>>1948600
>the point was that "that character would be isolated and not fit in because of lack of social interaction!" is a poor argument when there are already existing characters who are even more isolated and even less socially interactive.

The point is the reason of their isolation

For Francium her isolation is the initial point of her social interaction, starting from there is Rubidium interacting with her, and potentially evolving from there, same thing can be said for Astatine and Palladium.

For a sadist character, isolation is the outcome of their social interaction, because people don't have a good reason to be with a sadist and simply shun them.
>>
>>1948605
Do people have a good reason to be with a character that fundamentally avoids social interaction and has panic attacks from being near/touched by other people?
>>
>>1948607

Rubidium and Palladium have, because they want to help them, they want them so get better.
>>
>>1948600
It's the way people bandied it about in the previous threads. When someone suggested sadism they also coupled it with psychopathy because it was for the radioactives iirc or it was basically their defining trait. Sure "reasonable" sadism is probably expected and Aluminium and/or Gold are probably sadistic to a degree. Gold more through apathy and schadenfreude than Aluminium's warm fuzzies she gets from watching other fail while she's caught up in her competitive nature, but when someone wants to bring that out the past experience dictates that the argument for it would always be to an extreme. Leading to it getting shot down rather quickly or being ignored.

Honestly, I feel the more corrosive elements would be where a sadistic personality would become more overt or at least readily exhibited however the thread's largely been focusing on metals.
>>
>>1948608
Is that somehow different or more valid than X element loving Y sadistic element, and wanting to help them deal with their tendencies in a safe and controlled manner, or wanting them to "get better"?

>>1948611
>Leading to it getting shot down rather quickly or being ignored.

Makes sense.

And yeah, I agree that corrosive would definitely be the thing to look for when it comes to more overt, Fluorine would be great for it, but I suppose I'll just wait for the if/when on non-metals being addressed.
>>
>>1948614
>Is that somehow different or more valid than X element loving Y sadistic element, and wanting to help them deal with their tendencies in a safe and controlled manner, or wanting them to "get better"?

Depends on what Y actually is.
>>
>>1948618
Pretty sure Y is Yttrium
>>
>>1948623
Oh, /u/.
>>
Updated profiles

W: http://archiveofourown.org/works/5558582/chapters/12848791

Co: http://archiveofourown.org/works/5558582/chapters/12848956

Essentialy the same as before but a bit more meaty.
>>
>>1948537
>Hydrogen is mean to Steel
Not really.

Oxygen and Nitrogen are kind of detrimental when it comes to welding: welded metal is stronger than the base metal used for the parts to be joined, having better properties and so on. However, exposure to the O&N present in the air at the moment of welding weakens the joint and robs it from it's functionability.

In order to avoid such fate, when welding with SMAW, the filler-metal rod produces a protection gas that negates the contact with O&N during the filler metal deposit (in fusion state). That gas is Hydrogen.

However, given the diferentes types of Steel and it's properties, sometimes Hydrogen is detrimental as well, so there are different types of filler-metal rods for each case and one of them is the low-hydrogen class, which negates H itself during the welding.

On a sidenote:
- H is useful in plasma cutting.
- O is useful in oxyfuel welding/cutting.
- There are other protection gases, like Argon.

Also, CLASS-M is present in both the base metal and the coating of the filler-metal rods.
>>
This is amazing.
>>
>>1948647
Good job!
>>
>>1948647
I feel like I missed Tungsten the first time outside of my quip regarding skin color. Spotted some other things as well.
http://pastebin.com/fpq9yJaH
>>
>>1949128

Thank you
>>
Some more updated profiles:

Li: http://archiveofourown.org/works/5558582/chapters/12861985

Na: http://archiveofourown.org/works/5558582/chapters/12862021

K: http://archiveofourown.org/works/5558582/chapters/12862084
>>
>>1949203
Looking good, I'm liking the bit about Uranium and hints about the gynoids.
http://pastebin.com/MihPfGBq
>>
>>1949208

Thanks, I'll try to update the last Akalis before long.

>I'm liking the bit about Uranium and hints about the gynoids.

It's a sizable piece of lore, the bare bones draft of Uranium's profile has twelve names in the relationship section, and all of them are involved in the gynoid program.
>>
>>1949239
So any hints regarding who might be paired with Uranium?
>>
>>1949254

U is shippable with a lot of elements, but I'm staying neutral for now. I'd be up to the thread to decide a pairing, personally I don't really have a preference.
>>
>>1949254
I think U is the true harem queen of metall/u/rgy.
>>
>>1949259
>>1949317
more like /u/ranium then eh?
>>
>>1949327
carlos I swear to christ
>>
>>1949335
We're on /u/ onee-san. Wouldn't it be Carles?
>>
>>1949317
Not much of a harem if there's three girls so far, maybe four if things progress with Mo.
This might be going out on a limb but what if Uranium's girl was Nitrogen? Referencing Uranium nitride. It's not much to go on without getting deeper into nuclear stuff but it'd be interesting to see.

>>1949327
Took you long enough bitch.
>>
>>1949386
TcU and ThU are the big ones I've seen in the thread, maybe LiU

I could see PuU and NpU being things as well, as well as basically any of the synthetics. Most of the radioactive as well, and she might have had a one-sided thing for Lead at some point.
>>
>>1949336
Carla?
>>
>>1949399

And Si, Eu...

Though I see Th as a programming genius and ship her with AI Promethium.
>>
>>1949399
>>1949432
Yeah I've might've spoken too soon. I could see a one-side admiration U could have for Si but not so much Lead.

An even bigger concern though is, how old are ThU?
And who else is tempted to say that Th and U were sorority sisters from house Thule?
>>
>>1949429
I think it's "Car-les" as in lesbian.
still, falls a bit flat
>>
>>1949440
>Yeah I've might've spoken too soon. I could see a one-side admiration U could have for Si but not so much Lead.

My plan is that ThUPb and EuSi were two separate teams, that joined force to create the first proper gynoids. Maybe U was attracted to Pb but then crushed on Si or Eu afterwards.
>>
>>1949605
Sounds reasonable, even if it I'd rather have U not reacting to Lead at all outside of being a co-worker then friend. It also sounds like Eu, Si, Th, and U might be in their forties or late thirties.

Should be interesting to read all in all.
>>
>>1949610
>It also sounds like Eu, Si, Th, and U might be in their forties or late thirties.

The main question is how old are Tc and Mo and critically, at which age was Tc turned into a cyborg.
>>
>>1949612
Mo's old enough to have Tc "on time" so probably around Carbon's age, maybe a little older. Now for Tc, realistically, the best case scenario would be when she's an adult or done growing but if the thread wants to keep up the idea that Mo and Tc see U as family then Tc has to be turned when she's younger. Personally I would go with 8~10 however an accident can happen whenever so maybe going into the start of her teens if accident is how it happens.
>>
>>1949615
The growing bit especially applies with the fact that Tc possibly gets her spine replaced. That's better done on an adult than a child.
>>
>>1949650

Yeah, and that's a bit of an issue, if we suppose that Mo got Tc at 19 and Tc got turned at 15, that makes No 34, so even older now.

Would Mo work if she's in her late 30's/early 40's ?

In which case I want a passionate MILF romance between Mo and U

And fuck your gift boxes Captcha
>>
>>1948523
happy n/u/ year
http://archiveofourown.org/works/5601370

now to sleep for a day
>>
>Mo
Remember that Mo's CLASS-M as well (gives Steel resistance to corrosion/hardens it), so the relationship with Carbon would be a past fling (a meaningfull but short one). This allows MoU or another Mo ship as endgame.

I'm partial to UNp as a nod to the senshi. One way to work it would be a la Pygmalion if Np turns out to be one of the gynoids.
>>
>>1949918
>M as well (gives Steel resistance to corrosion/hardens it), so the relationship with Carbon would be a past fling (a meaningfull but short one). This allows MoU or another Mo ship as endgame.

There is a variety of ways of writing this so I'm not really worried, but if FeC is endgame, we should think about was will become of the CLASS-M. W, Cr and Ni are already accounted for, Mn is unknown, so Mo might as well be with U.

Also, I'll go with Np as a cousin of U, like Pu

>>1949908
>http://archiveofourown.org/works/5601370

Nice, don't forget to link the work with the series.

Also, the last three pastebin profiles are updated:

Rb: http://archiveofourown.org/works/5558582/chapters/12862126

Cs: http://archiveofourown.org/works/5558582/chapters/12862183

Fr: http://archiveofourown.org/works/5558582/chapters/12862243
>>
>>1949946
http://pastebin.com/hggAR1Fx

>>1949918
>>1949946
I am all for UMo being a torrid affair between milfs despite the fact that it shuts down UNp.

The idea of Np being U's Galatea is interesting, I'll give you that, it just doesn't click for me. I get the feeling if anyone was to go that route it'd be Eu and Pm since Silicon and she are the godmothers of AI in the setting.

While all this pairing talk is happening, I'm just gonna throw out the idea of pairing Mn with Mg.

>>1949843
If Tc underwent the operation at 15, she'd best pray to god that she's done growing vertically or she might have to get her spine replaced.
>>
>>1950021

Thanks

>If Tc underwent the operation at 15, she'd best pray to god that she's done growing vertically or she might have to get her spine replaced.

Well her spine was already fucked in the first place, but I figured U had anticipated things an came up with an artifical spine which can grow with Tc (I'm going full GKC lately).

Changing topics, but was it established that Ca and Ge are firefighters homo buddies ?
>>
>>1950054
>Changing topics

I believe it was established that they were Firefighters full time, like in their twenties, but that they got older and kind of "retired" or moved on while still keeping in touch since they're involved in more than just smoke detectors or whatever caused the idea in the first place.
They probably moved onto something safer when they felt Americium was sufficiently upgraded.
>>
>>1950021
The issue I have with MoU is that they don't really have many applications in common; Mo is overwhelmingly an alloying agent, while U is, well, uranium. I can see things from a character sense but I don't know if there's stuff to go on.
>>
>>1950153
>I can see things from a character sense

It's actually purely in a character sense.
>>
>>1950153
Honestly, I think if we're going for practical application overlap then only ThU or possibly one of the robits would be with U. She could also be alone though that seems kind of weak for U.
>>
>>1950153
Only other option would probably be one of the gases unless we go with just pair them personality-wise or upon the whims of the thread.
>>
>>1950153
Isn't Mo one of the major depletalloy additives?
>>
>>1950520
Shit, I never even thought of that.

Yeah, Uranium probably knows Mo and Ti somehow, something to do with the military.

Might even know Tungsten, since tungsten is replacing DU in a lot of applications.
>>
>>1950541
What if, Mo and U met through Tc but were in the same graduating year or something.

As for W, I could see U working for the defense department before she broke off into the private sector leading to the development of the gynoid program. Maybe U met Ti through W.
>>
>>1950548
That is sort of the obvious backstory for Uranium, since so much nuclear research was military before it was civilian.

Also, one of her hobbies should be photography, in reference to the discovery of radioactivity.
>>
>>1950549
>That is sort of the obvious backstory for Uranium
Well I feel dumb for not thinking of that but regarding that, it's now how recent is this break away from the defense department?

W met Ti through Carbon, so if U meets Ti through W it would have to be when W's deployed or whatever while still keeping in touch with W. Maybe W kind of told U that if she needed someone for some manual labor in the lab Ti could be employed or something.

Unless we/the thread can think up some scenario where Ti runs into dr.U on campus or something since I imagine that U reverted to being a campus professor after she left the military.
>>
>>1950551
>how recent is this break away from the defense department?
Nuclear researchers are normally civilians with the DOE actually. (Assuming America, anyway, it varies from country to country.)

Though the split from the DOW/DOD was only in 1977, after all the big stuff went down.
>>
>>1950552
>the split from the DOW/DOD was only in 1977
Incorrect.

Control of nuclear weapons and research was put into civilian hands in 1946, right after the end of World War II, in the form of the Atomic Energy Commission, which was split up and spliced together a few times in the 70s before it became the DOE.
>>
>>1950552
>>1950554
So mid-thirties is what I'm hearing? Kind of dabbled in some stuff while trying to find another passion project like that one she had in her youth that was a blast.

Met up with Thorium or something and they got to talking which paved the way to the gynoid program.
Kind of makes them sound like they're mid-forties.
>>
I'm not really big in U knowing W, U as enough connections as it is, and W is basically a soldier, while U is an engineer, they don't need to necessarily know each other.

Also, I see ThU in their early forties.
>>
That U profile is taking forever, have a small Am profile in the meantime.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5558582/chapters/12862363
>>
>>1950650
http://pastebin.com/T625g689
I was a little intrigued by you using Lead to label Am's relationship with U. I woulda figured Si or Eu as members of the team most likely to ponder such a thing.
>>
>>1950672
>http://pastebin.com/T625g689

Thanks

Eu and Si still aren't in the picture at the time of the proto-gynoids, they joined Uranium for Einsteinium's conception, ie after Technetium.

For Am, Cm, Bk and Cf, it was mostle U, Th and Pb.
>>
>>1950688
Makes sense, Am's profile kind of makes me wanna see U's now since it's probably as involved as Carbon's Class-M harem.
>>
>>1950733

Well her relationship section is 1789 words, while Hg's entire profile is 970 words
>>
Finally (9 hours before my plane to catch)

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5558582/chapters/12862312

That's going to be the last profile for a while, I want to do some fics, I had an idea to write a family trip with Co, Cr and Stellite, but suggestions are welcome.

But only in two weeks after my vacations.
>>
File: Sans titre.png (108KB, 1866x945px) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre.png
108KB, 1866x945px
>>1950981

Oh and the updated element chart
>>
>>1950981
I still say blonde would be better.
>>
>>1950992

Up to be changed, but I already see Thorium as blonde, and don't fancy Uranium and Thorium as having the same visual style.

Well I'm sort of biased since Gaia is my favorite Frivolesque character.
>>
>>1951011
>I already see Thorium as blonde
But Thor is a ginger.
He's like, the god of gingers.
>>
On the subject of mythologically-named elements, is Niobium Tantalum's daughter?
>>
>>1951011
Aside from my personal problem of not being able to like bright green hair since I think it looks off-putting, my biggest issue with her is that you went green/green for eye/hair color.
If you want to keep green hair, fine. I'd suggest going with dark green like Sailor Pluto's hair and yellow eyes that or do green luminescent-like eyes with blonde hair.

The green "glow" that's thematically coupled with radiation is just that, a glow. Blushes and eyes, I feel, work better for getting that across than hair. Really though I'd say go with one or the other, don't go green/green.

>>1951023
Niobium's Tantalum's imouto.
>>
>>1951013

I dunno, the thread only mentionned blonde

>>1951023

No, it's her litlle sister
>>
>>1951037
>I dunno, the thread only mentionned blonde
From Wiki: "Thor... ...is generally described as fierce-eyed, red-haired and red-bearded."

Marvel Thor is blonde, but mythological Thor is a redhead.
>>
>>1951044

Fair enough
>>
>>1950981
So how old is Tc currently? Early 20s? Also this is probably just me but I feel like 43 is a bit young for U if they're up to Fl and Lv.
>>
>>1951169

20 and a cyborg since 15

>I feel like 43 is a bit young for U if they're up to Fl and Lv.

It's actually Tc's age which dictates the rest, and especially Mo's age
>>
>>1950981
Right part one deals with first part. http://pastebin.com/ZSKb0qDi
I'll put up the relationship section in a bit.
>>1951196
>It's actually Tc's age which dictates the rest, and especially Mo's age
Shit I'm really tired since I'm having trouble processing that. So U was mid thirties when she operated on technetium? Maybe I'll just give it a rest and not think about it.
>>
>>1951244
>So U was mid thirties when she operated on technetium?

35 for Am and 38 for Tc.
>>
>>1950981
>>1951244
Second part of U's profile http://pastebin.com/jatTiA1e
>>1951352
Alright, though I still think she'd be closer to fifty for 114 and 116. However, that doesn't matter for the moment.
>>
>>1951370

It's not an obligation to have all the gynoids made at "year zero", the later ones can be made in the future, like Nichrome
>>
>>1951244
>>1951370

Thanks, also changed U's hair and removed mention of Fl and Lv.

I do plan to update Hg's profile with a U entry but not just now, now it's vacation time.

>Cf can't really be the oldest since that's Americium

Yes but Am is not living continuously with U, the oldest gynoid who does is Cf.
>>
Would it be too out of place if Technetium eventually got some tendrils hooked up to her robotic spine? Tendrils similar to tech-priests from 40k or like doc Oct's extra limbs.
>>
>>1951876
U is crazy enough to invent it, if Tc is crazy enough to use it.
>>
>>1951876
I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going.
>>
>>1951957
No where? Quit being dumb, those wouldn't be made for molesting teenager girls though they could probably rip the clothes off them.

They could actually be real useful for finer tasks depending on how articulate and how the ends are made. Probably real helpful if she became a doctor of some kind.
>>
>>1951964
Robot girls are moe and robotic tentacles tendrils are neato, but somehow I can't picture them coming from the back in a way that doesn't just seem like a Doc Oc ripoff.
>>
>>1951964
>They could actually be real useful for finer tasks depending on how articulate and how the ends are made.

For being really useful, you would need various articulated ones, in other words, a hand.
>>
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-35220823
New girls!
>>
Slow thread.
>>
>>1953389
no drawfriend
no flonium
no metalsappho
no new contributors

It happens.
>>
>>1953390
No new ideas either. Wouldn't hurt to hammer out some details for Zinc, Boron, Silicon, the white elements, or Antimony.
>>
>>1953396
Maybe something about CuZn?
Or Bismuth. Other than being Lead's sister we don't know much about her.
>>
>>1953786
It was suggested that they meet at a business function or something where AuAg and Fe could be but what hasn't been explored is what's done afterwards.

Zinc probably figures she's just a college girl looking an internship or something during the summer. Why else would such a cute girl talk to Zinc if it wasn't for business?

As fir Copper, maybe she misinterprets Zinc's age and thinks she's a young business owner and wanted to get some lessons from Zinc about handling one's our business or the like. The easier it is to explain why they'd meet up again, the easier it is to explore their future relationship that leads to Brass & Bronze being AuAg's grandchildren.
>>
>>1953798
I sort of want to write AuAg as doting grandparents now.

god damn it so many distractions
>>
>>1953938
Bronze is probably a really happy child all things considered. Not sure about Brass..

That could also kind of cement CuZn as Cu's endgame though it would be interesting. Could also establish some things for the pairing, like possibly Silver or Gold going into overprotective mother mode since their daughter's suitor is 14 years older than her.
>>
>>1953942
Brass is probably industrious and detail-oriented, since brass is often used to make small moving parts, such as gears in clocks and the like.
>>
>>1953943
So she's autistic
Jokes aside, it would be interesting and very likely if Brass is the firstborn. That brings up another interesting thing. Would Bronze or Brass be the firstborn? Outside of that Bronze also has the possibility to become very well-known if we want to reference the Bronze Age
>>
>>1953945
I think Bronze came first. The first bronzes were made with Arsenic and Copper, thousands of years ago.
>>
>>1953976
Yeah earliest date I could find mentioned was 5th millennium BCE and while Brass has been known about since prehistory, the science and composition behind didn't become widely known until later.

Well that probably means Copper will be carrying both children, instead of the idea that Zinc could carry Brass to term.
>>
>>1953977

Could Bronze and Brass be twins ?
>>
>>1954104
They could be. Most of the time Copper is the major element in brass outside of a few alloys where the zinc amount is closer to 40% if zinc is used that is.
>>
>>1954140

Brass and Bronze could solve the "who's oldest" decision, plus we don't have twins in the setting yet while we already have a lot of big sis/little sis family ties.
>>
>>1954327
Bronze could be the more artistic twin, and Brass the more studious one.
>>
How far from Year Zero are Bronze and Brass born?
Are they around the same age as Nichrome?
>>
>>1954398
Probably, Ni and Chr are just getting together meanwhile CuZn probably haven't met yet. If Nickel is the one to carry their alloy she can be conceived whenever.
>>
So since it seems like Bronze&Brass being twins is kind of set, would they be sororal or identical twins?
>>
>>1954666
Sororal probably, the metals are too different
>>
>>1954724
Makes sense, so is Bronze the older twin by a few seconds or the younger one?
>>
>>1954739
Bronze is definitely the older twin.
>>
>>1954336

That would make an interesting household.
>>
>>1954856
Just imagine if Bronze got inspired by the gynoid program and began bugging her sister asking if they could make some only prettier.
>>
>>1954877

Looks like we'll need à timeline
>>
So how do Copper and Zinc first meet if they're the Cu endgame?
Who makes the first move?
How do their peers react to this?
>>
>>1955306
see
>>1953798
>>
>>1955306
Gold and/or Silver are probably in mama bear mode once they realize Zinc and Copper are together. After all, that horrid woman is trying to take their darling daughter away from them. What type of woman goes after someone so young?

Writing that out, it sounds like Gold would be the one to overreact if any overreaction was to be done.
>>
>>1955306
I think we've lost the point here.
Peers would have greatly varying reactions, obviously Ag and Au would take issue, but I think we should entertain the idea of a Zamak fourgy.
>>
>>1955358
>Zamak fourgy
>fourgy
Outside of the word sounding weird, I don't think Aluminium and Zinc would be very friendly towards each other. Copper doesn't really know the other three.

Now if you meant, "should Zinc have a bunch of bastards?" then maybe. it would be interesting though some things would have to be explained since Aluminium's just entering her thirties and not much has been said about Magnesium.

However it doesn't really fit Zinc's established character unless she was kept in the dark about them.
>>
>>1955361

Zamak could be the name of a joint project of Al, Mg, An and Cu.
>>
>>1955584
Would be interesting. Zn, Mg, and Cu got together somehow and had an idea or two for a business. Something happened or some such and they didn't have the funds so they proposed the idea to Aluminium to see if she would be an investor. A very hands off investor they hope.
>>
>>1955587

Isn't Mg already working with Al ?

Zn and Cu could have gone for Al and My got interested to have part in it.
>>
>>1955595
You're right, I've been thinking of Manganese this entire time.

Could definitely work and it'd be interesting since it might indirectly expose Copper to the feud between Gold and Al.
>>
>>1955602

So as far as Au is concerned, not only Zn is robbing the cradle of her beloved daughter, but she's also involving her with her archrival Al...that's proper comedy.
>>
>>1956093
Well the cradle robbing could stem from either Au or Ag but yeah pretty much.

Au probably wouldn't suspect who Mg works for at first. I could just see it now, they're at a function or something and Al comes over to ask Cu somethings about her investment and it begins the count down to Au's anger since she's misinterpreting what she's hearing.
>>
>>1956233
My bet's on Au starting the cradle robbing story.
>>
>>1956093
What's the deal with the Au/Al feud anyway?
>>
>>1956439
No one knows, closest you can probably peg as a source is Old vs New money.
Really though it's probably just there as a potential hook or comedy.

So what exactly would this Zamak co. produce? Zamaks seem to be primarily used for die casting so maybe some sort of message system?
>>
>>1956439
I think it originated from the flonium profiles, so maybe there's some explanation, but hell if I know it.
>>
>>1956439
Gold and Aluminum are both pretty strong personalities, so having some animosity between them would be funny.

Otherwise I concur with the above in that I have no idea.
>>
>>1956439
>>1956445
>>1956451
>>1956472
Part of it's comedy, yes.
But it's mostly https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_plague

I got a lot less work done over my holiday than I thought I would (isn't that always the case). I'm currently working on an AuAg doting on Bronze and Brass fic for later this week, because I have the attention span of a drug-addled goldfish.
>>
>>1956497
Oh my that's interesting and gives a grounds for the fued that probably started from Al's fashion career since that's about the only time they'd cross vocationally in the setting iirc.

Also don't forget to go back and update Carbon's last three girls. Mo, Mn, and Si. Though I think Si still needs a bit more discussion.
>>
Owning to the ZA alloys, could Zn and Al have been lovers ? Like in Al's late teens, after her affair with Co.
>>
>>1956507
That'd kind of place Zn in uni if she's Iron's age. Definite possibility though lovers might be a bit of a jump since Zn went to secondary school with FeC.
It'd actually be interesting if Zn tutored Al on some things and they kind of just drifted apart but Al felt grateful for everything that Zn did since it gave her a direction and she jumped at the chance to repay her old tutor in the form of being an investor to this Zamak project.

However that kind of hinges on Zinc being in the same area as Al when she was in secondary school.
>>
>>1956497

So that'll take place a few years after year zero I presume ?
>>
What is year zero, exactly?
>>
>>1957413
The "present" of the setting. Main point for canon, stuff can happen in past or future but it's relative to that time.
>>
>>1957413

Year zero is the original present point of the timeline, it's the point where all the characters have their decided age.

Year zero is the point in the timeline that is described by the character's profiles.
>>
Anyone happen to have that half atttempted age list from the previous thread?
>>
>>1957527

The chart has the ages of certain metals.
>>
>>1957560
So it does, I need to pay more attention.
>>
Time for a new thread?
>>
>>1957912
we're on page ten and way past the bump limit. Sure.
>>
New thread with an improved compilation pastebin
>>1958056
>>1958056
>>1958056
Thread posts: 359
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.