[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is Snoke?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 16

File: IMG_2311.jpg (562KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2311.jpg
562KB, 1200x600px
>>
>>77356737
Mace Windu
>>
>>77356737
Plagus
>>
Darth Plagueis. Those who say otherwise are in denial.
>>
>>77356737
ezra. he was possesed by the night sisters ghostys
>>
>>77356737
Darth Vader you would know that if you saw rogue one
>>
>>77356737

The worst looking CGI creation since the shit from The Hobbit
>>
>>77356737

Mara Jade masquerading as a sith master.
>>
Luke's dark side.
>>
>>77356737
Its Luuke!
>>
>>77356737
sneeve
>>
>>77356737
Kylo Ren from the future.
>>
>>77356737
It's Plagueis it was revealed at that comic con. When a nerd asked, is Darth Plagueis going to appear in the next movie and that alien girl said, Plagueis does he mean Snoke?"
>>
Brendan, after his ascendance
>>
File: 1469032277639.png (40KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1469032277639.png
40KB, 184x184px
>actual name is snoke
>>
>>77356737
Steve.
>>
>>77356936
>>77356910
This.
It's the extracted dark half of Anakins heart fused into The Emperor's nobody.
His ultimate plan is to recreate the x-Saber by gathering 7 Jedi inti a battle with 13 Users of the Dark Side and obtain kingdom hearts. For this to happen he will first have to secure versions of himself from across the timelines and steal Mickey Mouse's heart since he's the King.
>>
>>77356737
ur mum m8
>>
Its Luke. Plageuis doesn't matter that much in film canon.
>>
File: ImperialAdvisors.png (230KB, 420x274px) Image search: [Google]
ImperialAdvisors.png
230KB, 420x274px
Possibly one of the Imperial advisors.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_Imperial_Advisor_%28black_robe%29

The Emperor's Advisors were first referenced, as "the Emperor's courtiers," in the 1983 novelization of the film Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi before appearing in the film itself later the same year. The Imperial Advisors' outfits were designed by Nilo Rodis-Jamero, who was inspired by the outfits of Catholic bishops.[6] Other sources have since established the Advisors as being part of the Imperial Ruling Circle.

In 2003, a Return of the Jedi production photo of the red-and-black-robed Advisor and four others was included in a StarWars.com article, with text that read, "Among the members of Palpatine's Inner Circle are: Sate Pestage, Janus Greejatus, Sim Aloo, Ars Dangor, and Kren Blista-Vanee."[7] This led to certain fan confusion, in which the red-and-black-robed Advisor was interpreted to be Sate Pestage,[8] given that Pestage had previously been identified in the Expanded Universe wearing a similar headpiece.[9] However, the 2013 Star Wars: Galactic Files Series 2 card set reveals that all six Advisors aboard the Death Star were killed during the Battle of Endor, while Pestage is established to have lived past the Battle of Endor,[10] thus eliminating any connection between the two characters.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Advisor

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Emperor%27s_adviser

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Ruling_Council/Legends

While the well-known publicity photo which appears in the The Dark Side Sourcebook only shows five Imperial advisors, close viewing of Return of the Jedi reveals that six advisors disembarked from the shuttle with the Emperor upon arrival at the second Death Star.
>>
File: oh shit.png (318KB, 366x366px) Image search: [Google]
oh shit.png
318KB, 366x366px
>>77357029
I'd watch this movie.
>>
File: 1220550872-AAFRED01.jpg (22KB, 290x290px) Image search: [Google]
1220550872-AAFRED01.jpg
22KB, 290x290px
Fred Dibnah
>>
Is there a torrent?
>>
my theory is he is someone who fought Sheev to be the Sith Lord of that era and lost, that's where he got the scars. He was preparing for Sheev to fall out of power the whole time, that's how the first order had resources to become a threat.
>>
>>77356737
last minute shit Disney villain tacked on by JJ
>>
>>77357256
lel it 's the dude at the bottom with the tricorn hat
>>
>>77356737
No, it's my father.
>>
Snoke Plisken dumbass
>>
All of you are wrong, he's a rakatan overlord possessing a body that is being decayed from the strong dark side energy. It will be revealed that Starkiller base was actually of Rakatan design(hints are already there, like it sucking star energy, just like the star forge).

But they wont make kotor canon though, they'll just steal everything from it. Thats why they made the hammerhead cruisers canon.
>>
File: Aloo and Greejatus.jpg (64KB, 731x309px) Image search: [Google]
Aloo and Greejatus.jpg
64KB, 731x309px
>>77357256
>>
It's Jar Jar. It would explain his absence from the OT and show that Disney still respects George's vision.
>>
>>77356737
An original character, and people will be pissed off when they discover this as they get their hopes up, thinking it's this character or that character.
>>
File: Plagueis is a Muun.jpg (76KB, 730x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Plagueis is a Muun.jpg
76KB, 730x1050px
>>77356767
>>77356776
>>77356964
Snoke doesn't look like a Muun
>>
>>77357256

If he turns out to be one of the lackeys of Sheev I'll drop this shit ass franchise for good. That would be so unclimactic.
>>
>>77357716
Didn't some anon read the spinoff novels and confirm that Snoke is basically Sheev's old advisor/butler? He started off as a slave and rose through the Imperial ranks using cunning and deceit.
>>
It's most likely Rokur Gepta the last sorcerer of Tund
>>
>>77357791
Why do all the aliens in star wars look fucking horrible?
>>
>>77357791
Darth Plaguis was only identified as a Muun in the EU. Disney wiped the EU away, so he can just as well be a human now, his species has never been established in the canon.
>>
>>77356737
jynn erso
>>
>>77357716
No, he 100% reused idea from EU like Rey, or Ben Harrison Ford Solo Leievich, etc.
>>
I really like the mace windu theroy desu but we all know They are pretending the prequels don't exist
>>
>>77356936
its clearly Big Luke
>>
>>77356964
No, they literally don't know who plaeguis is. Daisy ask if he's talking about snoke, because she doesn't have a clue of star wars lore.
>>
>>77356737
We know he's not likely human. Recent news came out that he'll be shown in person as a 7-8 foot tall puppet.

He could be a freakishly tall human, but it seems much more likely that he's an alien.
>>
>>77359222
Whoops. Forgot to share a source:

http://www.gamesradar.com/star-wars-8-rumor-says-snoke-appears-on-set-as-a-massive-intricate-puppet/
>>
>>77357029
Pure kino.
>>
File: 1295470742097.jpg (43KB, 376x477px) Image search: [Google]
1295470742097.jpg
43KB, 376x477px
>>77357256
>Ars Dangor
Arse Danger?
>>
>>77356767
>>77356776
This. They're desperate to cash in on nostalgia. Everything in these movies is connected to the original trilogy because they're too scared to do anything new. That's TFA was a glorified rehash, Rogue One is literally ANH filler, Boba Feet and Hand Solo are getting spin-offs, and VIII and IX are all about Skywalkers.
>>
>>77356964
Really? sauce?
>>
Plagueis. And Rey is Sheev's daughter or granddaughter.
>>
>You will never join the Empire and kill rebel scum

Why live brothas?
>>
If Snoke ends up being Mace Windu, Jar Jar, or Darth Plagueis then I'll forgive TFA for being so shitty.
>>
>>77359597
She's Luke's daughter, you daft knob. Daisy said she thought it was obvious who her dad is after watching TFA so the ONLY sensible candidate is Luke. She immediately got flashes of him when she took his lightsaber, she was left on a planet exactly like Tatooine when Luke went into exile, they say right in the movie that she has a connection to Luke, Leia is immediately her best friend/mother figure. It's Luke.
>>
>>77356746

Objectively correct.
>>
Snoke is a rogue midichlorian. The hologram is just a projection of him but he's really very tiny.
>>
>>77359778
Luke isn't Rey's dad, Rey's parents are nobodies

the timeline doesn't match up anyway - Rey's been on Jakku for 15 years and Luke's Jedi Order was only destroyed 5 years before TFA
>>
I like to think the youngling theory is true. Remember they are abandoning Lucas's old ideas so Plagueis is out of the question.
>>
>>77360150
But he had to form a new order, which is why Rey was dumped off like a latchkey kid.
>>
>>77360250
>I like to think the youngling theory is true.
What is it?
>Remember they are abandoning Lucas's old ideas so Plagueis is out of the question.
But Plagueis is part of the movie canon, not expanded universe shit. Everything in the movies, even the prequels, is still canon. And a connection to the original trilogy through Palpatine is exactly what Disney would do to bring in the nostalgiafags.
>>
File: Roshpenin.jpg (21KB, 250x394px) Image search: [Google]
Roshpenin.jpg
21KB, 250x394px
Everybody in this thread is wrong. Here's the correct answer.
>>
>>77357497
this makes the most sense, so it likely turn out to not be the case
>>
>Snoke is gonna be the Dark Side manifested.
>Rey is Luke's Granddaughter
>Poe is Force-Sensitive
>>
>>77356936
>implying it's not gonna be Luuuuke
He'd be a pretty big guy for a villain.
>>
>>77360384
why would he have to dump her off?

really, there is nothing to suggest rey is related to Luke by blood except your own confirmation bias
>>
>>77361014
Why did Jimmy Smitts have to dump Luke off? Star Wars is fucking stupid.
>>
>>77356737
He's nobody. He's an entirely new character but he's essentially the Emperor 2.0.
>>
a non-canon cg villian cooked up by disney executives

/thread
>>
>>77361505
this

I suspect TFA is the final film that will have continued the old story . rogue one doesn't count as it was just filling a plothole.

from here on out it's a new adventure akin to avengers
>>
>>77361616
Hahaha! Oh wow!
>>
File: Bravo george.webm (1MB, 1274x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bravo george.webm
1MB, 1274x1080px
>>77356746
if this was the case i have no fucking idea i bet george is pulling the strings behind the scenes
>>
>>77361616
I think that was the point though.
>>
>>77362214
Lol. That's the plot twist for this trilogy. It was George all along.
>>
The Expanded Universe has been effectively destroyed by Disney, so my theory is now that the Sith are nothing special, Snoke is just the leader of some other Dark-Side organization that was allied with the Emperor and in the Emperor's absence allowed Snoke to rise to power.
>>
>>77356737
Jar Jar Binks
>>
>>77356737
Snoke is a failed clone experiment. Sheev told the Kamionans to start injecting a small group of them with Midoclorians to build an elite force sensitive unit loyal to the emperor. Before the clones can fully develop, a Jedi finds out about the plot and slaughters all but one, who escapes. Some autistic things happen between II and VII and here we are.
>>
>>77360456
The theory is that one of the younglings didn't die and was trained in the dark side. Would make him about 7 years older than Luke and would have major wounds.

This makes sense to me because the younglings are already force users, and the age seems to match.
>>
>>77357354
DID YUH LAHK THA?
BLOODY 'ELL, TH'FORCE IS STRONG IN THIS 'UN!
>>
>>77362342

Isn't Snoke Vader's butler from Rogue One?
>>
File: Quermian_AA.jpg (74KB, 610x820px) Image search: [Google]
Quermian_AA.jpg
74KB, 610x820px
Snoke actually bears a striking resemblance to another powerful force user from the prequels. The pale skin, the beady eyes and no lips. Once you see it you can't deny that Snoke=Poof.
He is a jedi master, but is suspiciously absent from the jedi council after Obi-Wan and Qui Gon report the return of the sith in episode 1.
>>
>>77359030
What kind of shitty fucking actor doesn't research the universe they're about to become a major part of, especially one that they know full well will involve convention appearances with questions about it for the rest of their lives?
>>
>>77363125
George doesn't say no whenever the art team shows him doodles of aliens. Every stupid thing gets in.
>>
>>77363218
Would you give a fuck in his position? He's making ridiculous money whatever happens.
>>
>>77362609
it would make sense if it was something to do with sheev's own secret deep core planet Byss

but i think we will find out a lot more about snoke in episode 8 so whatever we hypothesise now is just empty guessing
>>
>>77363258
Yeah, i'd give a fuck no matter how much money I had.
>>
>>77363125
I wonder what that guys weakness is?
>>
>>77363258
>>77363218
you forgot that star wars was george's actual real life, he basically lived in it while existing in ours
>>
>>77356960
This.
>>
Is Snoke a real villain?
>>
>>77363408
just read the wiki article. he has no spine and another brain in the chest
>>
>>77363690
bravo george
>>
>>77356737
This is what Palpatine looks like after getting thrown into a hole and blowing up in the last death star. he floated through space holding his breath and this is what all of that did to his body. his body finally reached the planet of Jakkuh and he got even more burned upon entering the atmosphere. it was there where the new story begins. upon the sand.
>>
>>77363151
a lot of actors intentionally not read up on the books. some actors in Game of Thrones did the same so they wouldn't know when their character died
>>
It's Vader
>>
>>77363943
There's a difference between not reading ahead in the books and not knowing the first fucking thing about the history of a franchise that's existed since well before you were born.
>>
>>77356737
Brendan Fraser in 2 years
>>
>>77359501
>They're desperate to cash in on nostalgia.
What nostalgia? There isn't any for Plagueis, except for people heavily into the EU. Most people probably don't know (or care) who he is, and if they do, it's because of the vague mention of him in one scene in the prequels.

Plagueis is an obscure EU character, and it makes no sense for Disney to use him, because most people don't care about him.
>>
>>77362895
>the age seems to match
Fucking how? Snoke looks dusty as fuck.
>>
>>77364460
>What nostalgia? There isn't any for Plagueis
He gets to talk about Palpatine all the time. He has an instant connection to the original trilogy.
Disney isn't doing new and different. They're doing old and tired.
>>
Darth Maul
>>
>>77359778
How can Luke have a daughter if he's a virgin hermit?
>>
C3PO
>>
>>77356737
some guy sheev picked up on jakku and order to guard his secret stash
>>
>>77356989
I call him snok or snooker
>>
File: 1481804957447.jpg (354KB, 567x790px) Image search: [Google]
1481804957447.jpg
354KB, 567x790px
>>77357029
BAN- KAI
>>
>>77358884
He's a big guy.
>>
>>77362895
>younglings
at best they would be imperial guardsman
>>
>>77365158
They could easily do that with a made up character, though, or one of the advisors mentioned in an earlier post. Hell, they could even use Vader's assistant in Rogue One, since he sort of had a similar look. It's fiction, a character could be mentioned for any reason. There's absolutely no reason to bring up an EU character that the vast majority of the audience won't recognize.

It would be like Jurus C'boath showing up and telling stories about the Clone Wars while being presented as someone the audience should know; all it would do is confuse people. Disney knows that.
>>
>>77362214
POETRY
>>
>>77356767
>>77356776
This meme needs to die already
>>
It's Dexter Jettster
>>
File: cat think.jpg (75KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
cat think.jpg
75KB, 800x600px
>give very few shits about star wars seeing as it's dumb space fantasy
>have somewhat fond memories of episode I as it was released when I was a kid
>watch TFA on flight one time
>there's a plucky kid on a desert planet
>there's an evil empire
>there's an evil masked badguy (this one I can kind of forgive because he idolizes Vader so it makes sense)
>there's a mysterious bigger badguy who's deformed and shrouded in darkness
>there's another even bigger death star (didn't they actually cover this ground in the original ones? Blow up one death star, next movie, there's another death star!)
I feel like it's an Emperor's clothes kind of situation. Do we all realise how retarded these films are and just not mention it?
>>
>>77365563
>There's absolutely no reason to bring up an EU character
Plagueis isn't EU, dummy.
>>
Its Kyle Katarn.
>>
It's Plageus. No contest.
>>
>>77365833
Yes, we know they're awful. Most audiences don't get that the original trilogy were mishmashes of movies and directors that Lucas liked. He's the Tarantino of the 70s, if quentin actually went to film school.

It's baby's first scifi
>>
hope they leave it unanswered
>>
>>77357029
genuine kek, KH is some wacky shit.
>>
>>77357256
>Sate Pestage, Janus Greejatus, Sim Aloo, Ars Dangor, and Kren Blista-Vanee.

>prestige
>outrageous
>simaloo
>Dangerous
>ren blast them all

What did George mean by this?
>>
>>77356737
He's only 3 feet tall IRL.
He's all Snoke and mirrors.
>>
>>77365861
Everything people know about him comes from the EU. In the movies, he's mentioned vaguely in a legend Palpatine is telling Anakin. That's it. Almost everything you hear about him during discussion like this comes from the EU. So yes, he's not an EU character in the strictest sense (since he was mentioned in a movie), but pretty much all of his characterization comes from he EU.

And that still doesn't refute my point in any way. Most people don't know who Plagueis is, and bringing him up is pointless and would confuse them. It would be like revealing Snoke to be Dengar; yes, he's in a movie and has ties to the empire, but it's a confusing choice that would mean nothing to the audience.
>>
Snoke's a new character. He will be revealed to be Rey's dad, a powerful dark side user (possible Knight of ren) who luke attacked and thought he killed. Luke discovers infant Rey after the fight and, on sensing massive force sensitivity, decides she might be dangerous and considers killing her but instead opts to give her the same chance he had and drops her on a desert planet in the care of strangers.
>>
He's the embodiment of the ancient dark force energy that Palpatine was interested in on Jakku. It possibly took over and warped the body of Gallius Rax, who was born on Jakku as a scavenger and was ordered by Palpatine to stand watch over this power on Jakku.

Clearly Rey will also have some connection to this darkness, since she just happens to have grown up on the same planet and have the same origins.
>>
>>77358884
Do you mean Bigger Luke? That could make sense. After all, Luke only THOUGHT he'd defeated him on Dagobah.
>>
>>77364460
>Plagueis is an obscure EU character
he's not EU, he's canon. also a major plot device for turning Anakin to the dark side.
>>
>>77366412
sounds legit
>>
>>77366457
Oh god. I forgot this exists. The autism has no bounds
>>
>>77366412

I'm thinking something similar but I think Rey's flashback is her remembering the Knights led by Luke, coming to kill daddy snoke. Kyle is wearing Luke's hand me down gear in ep7.
>>
>>77365493
For jakku
>>
>>77366440
I definitely think Rey has to have some connection to either Palpatine or Rax. No way it's a coincidence that she and Rax both grew up orphans on Jakku.

But I find it weird that such a huge connection was only revealed in some canon novels that almost nobody will read. Maybe it was just meant to connect Rey to the Force energy on Jakku or to Palpatine and they'll explain it in the movies.
>>
>>77366654
I don't understand how people can doubt the theory even after seeing Episode 6. Luke clearly fought a larger version of himself in the cave on Dagobah. Unless you're contesting his continued survival, which I can understand.
>>
>>77363151
wtf is the point of researching shit that has fuck all to do with your character and isn't canon anymore anyways
>>
An ancient dark spirit possessing a corpse
>>
>>77366718
Well, Kylo's cloak in TFA is canonically from during his training days and even singed from the Jedi massacre fire.

However, there's absolute zero chance Luke would ever drop a baby on Jakku in the hands of someone like Unkar Plutt. That would make him the world's most gigantic asshole. What character do you even think we're talking about?
>>
>>77366981

We don't know that Luke didnt become the world's most gigantic asshole prior to vanishing. He may have formed his new temple in the hope of balancing the force by having new Jedi who can harness both sides and the Knights were the result. If things started going sideways and he dropped Rey off that might be the exact ass hole move that led to him having to exile himself to Ireland for years.
>>
It's dester jetster with a 50's themed deathstar.
Luke will ask someone about koomani darts in a diner after infiltrating the place
Not realizing he is send off by snookums on a wild bantha chase
>>
>>77367251
This is Disney. They're not going to fuck Luke's character to that extent solely so they don't piss off their audience and lose precious bucks.
>>
>>77363408
cant say no to a good time
>>
>>77356737
Tarkin
>>
>>77366924
He was mentioned in rots more than once.
>>
>>77366318
>an existing character would confuse people
>a new character requires zero explanation
wat
>>
File: 7567567.jpg (68KB, 752x1063px) Image search: [Google]
7567567.jpg
68KB, 752x1063px
>>77363125
Darth Poof
>>
File: 7567567.jpg (2MB, 1500x878px) Image search: [Google]
7567567.jpg
2MB, 1500x878px
>>77363125
But he is dead
>>
>>77358773
Kylo isn't a reused idea from the EU at all, though, aside from being Leia's and Han's dick son. The details are completely different.
>>
>>77367251
>by having new Jedi who can harness both sides
That would be overwhelmingly dumb.
>>
>>77356737
Cordell I want a cookie
>>
>>77366412
That would be kinda sick actually.
>>
He is Anakin's body reanimated and warped by the force.
>>
>>77368303

>ep8
>Rey spends movie slowly realizing that Luke may be her father
>final scene: L&R vs Snoke
>Rey trapped in force field, Luke getting ass kicked
>Rey: STOP PLEASE, H..HE'S MY FATHER
>Snoke: No...I AM YOUR FATHER
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Screencap
>>
File: 1477247705278.gif (818KB, 268x274px) Image search: [Google]
1477247705278.gif
818KB, 268x274px
>>77365462
..how in the noseless red fuck have I never seen this posted on /pol/
>>
>>77356737
Real answer?

Snoke is something new.

As revealed in the new canon books, Sheev spent the final years of the Empire searching the Unknown Regions of the galaxy for the, "source of the dark side," as he felt something HUUUUUGE out there.

So after the Empire loses so much at the battle of Jakku, most of the Empire surrender, but some don't, and they fuck off into the Unknown Regions.

And now like, 20 years later, the Imperial remnants emerge led by Snoke.

Snoke is NOT Sith, but he's something else, something very powerful in the Dark Side.

So he's NOT an existing character.
>>
>>77356737
the due who bowed down to vader in rogue one.
>>
>>77356737
kylo ren from an alternate future. this t rilogy will be a time travel plot
>>
>>77369475
Time travel would be an Indiana Jones 4 level cop out. Not happening.
Thread posts: 153
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.