[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about how this is clearly the best Indiana Jones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 11

Can we talk about how this is clearly the best Indiana Jones movie? Why did it get so much hate?
>>
>>65085235
I can't believe you're doing it
>>
Part Time
>>
>>65085235
>best

thisisbait.jpg

You'd have better luck making a case for "not the worst" and shittalking Temple of Doom. But best? C'mon.
>>
>>65085301
Its my favorite. The others are good but they dont have anything cool going on like the mystery of the aliens at the end. I dont get why people didnt like it
>>
there's more bait in this thread than a bass pro shops
>>
best to worst indy movies

temple of doom
raiders of the lost ark
the last crusade
kingdom of the crystal skull

raiders and last crusade are very close and I would say tied if not for the shitty opening in the last crusade
>>
>>65085235
Well I don't respect the bait, but I do think this movie gets way more hate than it deserves.
>>
>>65085464
maybe because it had aliens in it? also Shia wasn't hip with the normies back then, the CGI was whack, and it simply didn't live up to the other films (excluding temple because im not personally a fan of that one)
>>
>>65085695
>I can't think for myself so I'll just continue to think it's bad
>It's bait if someone recognizes it's good
>>
PART TIME!
>>
>>65085988
How are aliens any different than biblical occult shit and ancient cursed artifacts? That doesn't make any sense. Aliens fit right into the Indiana Jones world. The CGI was fine for the era it came out in
>>
>>65086070
Exactly! The ark melted nazis faces off in Raiders. How are aliens any more ridiculous?
>>
>>65085235

This is reddit
This is memes
>>
>>65085235
>star wars prequels were good meme is spreading
You could have stopped it /tv/.
>>
>>65086018
>i think anything with "indiana jones" on it is automatically good
>i don't realize that this overall is not a good indiana jones movie or good movie at all
>>
>>65086171
That's because the Indiana Jones movies are good blockbusters and adventure films. You have yet to say why you think it's bad, hence you're just going with the masses.
>>
>>65086171
It's no Raiders but it's not that bad. If you think you're a fan of Indy movies and hate this one then it's just proof you can't watch popular franchise movies without bringing internet hive mind into your opinion. Bruh.
>>
>>65086070
>>65086105
i think the fact is that the other mcguffins had a sort of mystical biblical/spiritual vibe to them

>ark of the covenant- contained the original ten commandments
>those stones from temple of doom- used to worship hindu gods
>the holy grail- it's the holy grail
>crystal skull- ancient alien skull with mayan origin

the skull seems to sci-fi. i understand that's what they were going for
>homage to stuff like war of the worlds
but it doesn't fit into indiana jones.
>>
>>65086306
This guy gets it
>>
File: image.jpg (129KB, 598x599px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129KB, 598x599px
>>65085235
>be me
>love this movie when it comes out
>buy friend $50 videogame based off this movie for his birthday
>feel kind of bad because mom has to spend so much money on it
>excited to play it with my friend next time I see him after birthday party
>next time I go over to his house I ask if he wants to play it and he says he traded it in for a different game
>tfw nobody likes Indiana Jones like you do
>>
>>65086364
That's an argument you can make, but in the context of a Spielberg blockbuster adventure series isn't that being a little autistic? It's not like Indiana went into space and started firing blasters.
>>
>>65086364
How does Indy finding a mayan artifact not fit in with that theme? Mayan artifacts do have religious origins and themes as well do they not? Plus worship of alien beings is a type of religion. There is some evidence of it in ancient times.
>>
>>65086306
>i didn't like the story
>acting wasn't the best "part time"
>you could argue the "going with the masses" point but i agreed with the plinkett review when he brought up the fact that this seemed like a nerfed indiana jones movie. like one guy gets shot on camera
>it seems like they shoehorned in a lot of old references just so people would remember they're watching indiana jones (ark in the warehouse, marion ravenwood, etc)
>>65086339
it's definitely not the worst movie ever made, but it's by far the worst indy movie and it's not a fun movie to watch in general. also
>can't watch popular franchise movies without bringing internet hive mind into your opinion
i have an opinion that seems to go with what lots of other people think, sue me
>>
fuck this board
>>
>>65086504
him finding a mayan artifact is fine, but having that mayan artifact turn into an actual alien and flying away in an actual spaceship doesn't seem to fit too well in an indiana jones movie
>>65086441
i guess i am being a little nitpicky, but after decades of sitting on this franchise, i feel like they could have made a far better story
>>
>>65086590
>i didn't like the story
Fair enough
>acting wasn't the best "part time"
Disagree
>you could argue the "going with the masses" point but i agreed with the plinkett review when he brought up the fact that this seemed like a nerfed indiana jones movie. like one guy gets shot on camera
Meh. I think that's a weak point.
>it seems like they shoehorned in a lot of old references just so people would remember they're watching indiana jones (ark in the warehouse, marion ravenwood, etc)
I didn't think that was all that bad. It seemed to fit at the time.

>>65086679
As opposed to having a guys face melt off after he touched the ark? I don't think that is too big of a stretch.

>>65086648
>WAAAA THEY ARE TRYING TO STIMULATE CONVERSATION ON A FILM INSTEAD OF MEMEING
>>
>>65085235

lol
>>
>>65086070
>ten commandments have real world legends
>linga stones have real world legends
>holy grail has real world legends
>crystal skulls are fake ancient alien crap

Plus while the religious magic stuff may be as unrealistic as the alien stuff, it's a different direction away from reality than the alien stuff.
>>
>>65085235
to think blanchett is in this
>>
>>65086750
>WAAAA THEY ARE TRYING TO STIMULATE CONVERSATION ON A FILM INSTEAD OF MEMEING
>NOT MEMEING
>the OP says "kingdom of the crystal skull is CLEARLY the BEST Indiana Jones movie"
You unironically believe this? You're not memeing at all? Like I said, fuck this board.
>>
>>65085235

>He does it for free
>>
>>65086827
Are you kidding me? The alien stuff definitely has real world legends just like the rest of that stuff.
>>
>>65086679
I think that the fact that they sat on it so long was why is was so difficult to remain true to the style of the series. They were basically trying to make a big budget movie in the 2000s that emulates perfectly a series of movies made in the 1980s that emulate serial adventures from decades before that. All while trying to make it different and updated enough to generate a new fan base. I agree that they could have done better, but when I watch the movie I see a genuine attempt to please everybody AND put a new scifi spin on it to pay homage to what was popular in the 1950s, when the movie is set. There was so much to fuck up and what we got was more than passable in my opinion.
>>
>>65086882
No. I unironically think this is the best one. I'm allowed to have an opinion and I want to know why my opinion is apparently weird.
>>
File: original-ronald-mcdonald.jpg (77KB, 620x459px) Image search: [Google]
original-ronald-mcdonald.jpg
77KB, 620x459px
>tfw a thread about Indiana Jones 4 is the best thread on /tv/ atm
>>
As far as cgi goes, the climax with the alien ship was pretty cool. Better than Raider's Ark scene or Temple's sacrifice.
>>
>>65086679

But it wasn't aliens flying away in a spaceship, anon. I've never researched this beyond watching it, but when I first saw this blegh of a movie, the truth was obvious. They weren't aliens. They were "human beings" from another dimension (the space between spaces), which could possibly mean the future (the 4th dimension works that way, look it up), acting as archaeologists. This closes the loop, in a way, turning Indie's time into the history they're exploring. If they were just aliens, why didn't the guy at the end just say "aliens?"

Does anyone else fucking see this?
>>
>>65086976
First off, I love all four movies. Temple is my least favorite. Now if you want to prove you're not memeing, explain why you think Crystal Skull is the best one. Then we'll tell you why your opinion is weird.
>>
>>65087020
Or the one with the Grail (I had even forgotten about that).
>>
>>65086976
Because it's wrong and this is a bait thread. It baffles me that someone could like this movie more than the others.
>>
>>65086939
Are you kidding me? Ancient alien shit that's a couple decades old doesn't count. All the crystal skulls were fake on top of ancient aliens not having the same kind of long history the other artifacts do.
>>
>>65086750
let's look at an indiana jones movie at its roots

>adventure
>action
>romance

let's compare to the temple of doom, which was widely regarded as the weakest of the series before crystal skull

temple of doom
>adventure- takes place somewhere in india and features indiana jones riding on elephants and eating strange foods
>action- mine cart chase, guy getting crushed by a rock crushing machine, indy beating the shit out of some devil worshipers
>romance- whatsherface and indiana jones have an off and on throughout the movie. also he gets pretty intimate with that one statue

crystal skull
>adventure- travel to south america and check out some mayan ruins. pretty alright setting-wise.
>action- cgi chase scenes (minus that one with mutt's motorcycle, that was pretty kickass) and minor character deaths
>romance- literally nothing unless you include indy and marion getting married at the end

it seems like it was just a bit lacking overall
>>
>>65087087
This is most definitely a bait thread, but I think we got a good, objective discussion about IJ4 rolling here, so why shit on the thread now?
>>
>>65087114
I suppose all the holy grails out there are legit, right?
>>
>>65085235

lol
>>
>>65087052
I liked the concept.
I liked the family dynamics of the film. I thought it gave Indy more depth as a character.
I liked Shia Lebouf
I liked the traditional feel of the film blended with the sci fi. It didnt feel like a carbon copy of the originals (which i also like)
I also felt like it didnt pander a ton. Just the right amount of old references that make you feel like the characters have history.
>>
>>65087142
>literally nothing unless you include indy and marion getting married at the end
That's a big "unless"
>>
>>65087216
Valid reasons to like the movie. I agree with all of them. But none prove why you think it's better than Raiders.
>>
>>65087220
well it isn't very indiana jones level romantic.
>in raiders it's heavily implied that indy and marion fuck
>in temple of doom indiana jones is sneaking into that one girl's room in the middle of the night
>the last crusade "she talks in her sleep"
indiana jones romance is at an all time low in crystal skull
>>
File: mack.jpg (49KB, 637x355px) Image search: [Google]
mack.jpg
49KB, 637x355px
Who is the best character and why is it Mack?
>>
>>65087142
Thats a fair assessment. I think the film blended all the variables of the previous indy films well. Id agree about the romance but id counter that instead of the romance they went with the family dynamics and father son route and succeeded.
>>
>>65085847
This guy knows what's up. If you disagree with this ranking you're objectively wrong.
>>
>>65087216
>i liked the concept
interesting concept but flawed execution
>i liked the family dynamics of the film
i agree that i liked the idea of indy having a son. although depth wasn't really something i was looking for in indiana jones, it was okay
>i liked shia lebouf
he's alright
>i like the traditional feel
i felt 0% traditional feeling
>blended with the sci fi
aliens and sci fi like that never seemed to be a major part of the indiana jones world
>doesn't feel like a carbon copy of the originals
after a few decades i feel like it would have payed off a little more. i'm not talking force awakens/new hope levels of "poetry" but a standard indy plot would have payed off
>old references
i felt they were a bit shoehorned
>characters have history
i didn't really care about ox, i felt like i was told to care. same with mac
marion felt extremely out of place and it would have been nice if they picked a whole new character so we could see that he'd been busy while we weren't watching his adventures
>>
>>65087316
He's old as fuck in Crystal Skull. You think he's gonna be fucking every night?
>>
>>65087541
i mean this guy is indiana jones. he has the easiest pick up line ever
"hey babe. i'm indiana jones"
the guy has his students all over him and they didn't even know about his adventures
/s
for real i do agree but the fact that he's so old and still running around doing the same acrobatics and action bother me
>>
>>65087167
You're really missing the point, aren't you?
The alien shit doesn't have the same real world reputation as the religious artifacts. It's not worthy of an Indiana Jones adventure.
>>
>>65087650
I used to listen to ancient alien radio shows. Crystal skulls are a huge thing for those people.
>>
>>65087698
You really don't like reading what I type, do you?
Your post adds nothing.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 716x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 716x768px
>>65087318
"You stupid son of a bitch, I'm CIA"
>>
>>65087268
I just found it more enjoyable
>>
>>65087650
Yes it does. Just as much as the bilblical shit
>>
>>65087820
Opinion is opinion, so I won't argue with you. But on an objective basis I'm pretty sure Raiders has more going for it, due to how it reflected past adventure films and opened doors for new ones. Hence, this is why people find your opinion weird.
>>
>>65087914
Not that guy, but Raiders has dogshit pacing. I find the first Star Wars to be engaging as fuck but Raiders bores me to tears.
>>
File: laughing leia.jpg (27KB, 318x469px) Image search: [Google]
laughing leia.jpg
27KB, 318x469px
>>65087891
>>
>>65087914
Maybe since its the original ill agree. There all pretty similar though and i just dont understand the hate. I mean there iis a whole south park episode about it. Ot doesnt feel warranted
>>
>>65085297
>>65086020
>>65086590
>thinking there was anything wrong with how Ford said "part time".

The way he said it fits the scene perfectly, it only sounds weird when retardlettermedia takes it out of context.
>>
>>65088011
I'm sorry to hear you can't enjoy a great film due to pacing issues. I can't say I agree at all. Temple of Doom I would say has pacing issues. It moves way too fast.
>>
>>65088035
What was the second one even about?
>>
>>65085235
Kill yourself
>>
>>65087775
Dr. Jones I'm CIA
>>
>>65088150
no u
>>
>>65085847
Temple of doom is the worst of the trilogy mate
>>
>>65088056
Oh yeah, I think it's a great movie. That south park episode is just playing on the fact that everyone hated it. But I'm pretty sure that everyone that hated it was indeed someone with the mind of a fourth grader that "loves" Indiana Jones even though they remember nothing of the series except the boulder chase and the Indian dude pulling hearts out of peoples chests from pop culture references.
>>
File: 1452386415574.png (74KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1452386415574.png
74KB, 1024x1024px
>>
>OP does the most obvious bait ever
>75 posts and 23 image replies omitted
Geez

guess I'm part of the problem
>>
>>65088124
Stones that hold the creative power of Shiva.
>>
>>65088212
great contribution
>>
>>65088219
This turned into a good thread through due diligence.
>>
>>65088212
This is literally the best thread on /tv/ right now
>>
>>65086679
How is it any different? It's another artifact that ends up having actual paranormal powers.
>>
>>65088320
That threatens the faggots that never lurked and started shitposting Day 1
>>
File: Hayley McQueen.jpg (46KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
Hayley McQueen.jpg
46KB, 540x720px
Fucking /tv/. You guys will always debate about anything, no matter how retarded the topic is
>>
>>65088320
>>65088258

lol
>>
File: 1450593725878.jpg (31KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
1450593725878.jpg
31KB, 408x408px
>>65088373
Go laugh out loud somewhere else
>>
>>65088369
What is retarded about this topic?
>>
File: 667754-3x4-340x453.jpg (28KB, 340x453px) Image search: [Google]
667754-3x4-340x453.jpg
28KB, 340x453px
They've already confirmed an Indiana Jones 5 is happening

Since it's unavoidable, what do you want out of it? Who would you cast in the role? Hollywood is currently looking at Chris 'Meme' Pratt or Bradley Cooper
>>
>>65088423
See >>65088357
>>
>>65088435
Neither. Cooper is too old and I dont think Pratt has the charisma. I do like both though
>>
>>65088435
Anthony motherfucking Ingruber. And before people start talking shit about how it's just an impression, he's literally an actor and has already played a younger version of Harrison Ford in Age of Adeline and he fucking nailed it alongside having Ford's praise and approval
>>
>>65088592
Anthony pls
>>
>>65085235

stop trying to be contrarian because thats what a couple redditors told you 4chan did.

just because we correctly go against the mainstream in terms of things like the SW prequels doesnt mean we like everything that's hated. sometimes the mainstream is correct.
>>
>>65088736
Except the mainstream isnt correct in this reason. Its clear you dodnt read the thread. There is an excellent discussion on why the mainstream is wrong
>>
>>65088776

the thing is with these threads is that the OP has half a point. this does get too much hate for meaningless shit like "LE NUKE FRIDGE XD" but calling it the best indy movie is completely absurd
>>
>>65088592
>>65088435
he seems like the only good one. as much as i like chris pratt in parks and rec i can't imagine him as a dashing rogue gritty adventurer. he just doesn't fit in with indy
>>
I agree with OP. Even Harrison Ford agree with us. In a recent interview he stated that the Kingdom of the crystal skull is his favorite and best Indiana Jones' movie, followed closely by the Raiders of the lost ark.

>inb4 OP and other retards think Indiana fucking Jones is wrong
>>
>>65088863
>>65088863
Im OP. I dont think hes wrong.
>>
>>65086827
This.

>But the crystal skull alien stuff is fantasy, too!
No it isn't. It's scifi. Spielberg and Lucas even said the tone of the movie was influenced by cheesy 50s scifi, and no like 30s adventure serials like the originals were. They switched genres with Crystal Skull, and it's understandable that some people would have a problem with that.

>But alien stuff has ties to old stories, and people take it seriously, too!
The crystals skulls are fakes, and Ancient Aliens is basically a fictional show. And yes, this matters. Indiana Jones is supposed to be an archaeologist, and while the first movies are about religious artifacts that don't exist, they have long histories behind them and cultural precedent that an archaeologist could look for them. Crystal skulls don't. If you know anything about archaeology, and the connections the field sometimes has to religious traditions, thinking crystal skills are on par with the holy grail is ridiculous. Again, it's understandable that people would have a problem with this.

The MacGuffin of the movie is basically antithetical to what the franchise had previously established, and it changed the movie. If that doesn't bother you, cool, but it's valid criticism.
>>
>>65088435
Neither are really blue collar enough to play Indy. You need someone who could convincingly play a handyman.
>>
>>65088863
Ford is an autist who hates interviews and likes to fuck with people. It's just like George Lucas saying Jar Jar is his favorite character. He's trolling people.
>>
>>65089620
Crystal skulls or the idea of alien artifacts/lore have legends and real world precedent thst goes all the way back to the cave painting era.
>>
The biggest tragedy of this movie is that they could have made it in '95 but after Independence Day came out Spielberg didn't want to do another movie about aliens and Lucas wouldn't greenlight the movie without them so the project just languished in development hell until Spielberg caved in again.
>>
>>65085235
Reposted from the thread from last night.

>Raiders=Lethal Weapon=Die Hard

Tightly scripted serious action film. Your Dad loves this one.

>TOD=Lethal Weapon II=Die Hard 3

Darker and more violent sequel that is more sloppily constructed while still being fun. Your teenage self loved this one.

>Last Crusade=Lethal Weapon IV=Die Hard 2

Comfy sitcom one that has the most jokes. Your whole family loves this one.

>KOTCS=Lethal Weapon 3=Live Free or Die Hard

The one everyone describes as "the bad one" that never leaves the boxset. No one likes this one except contrarians on the internet.
>>
>>65089806
All the films in the last paragraph are good though. Are they the best know. But there good films. Easily all 3 are 7.5-8/10s
>>
>>65089679
Okay, prove it, then.
>>
>>65089620
>Spielberg and Lucas even said the tone of the movie was influenced by cheesy 50s scifi, and no like 30s adventure serials like the originals were.
Well then Spielberg and Lucas don't know what they're talking. This movie looked nothing (0) like 50's scifi. There are some changes with the other three, but they mainly have to with the aesthetic of the movie and not the genre (ie practical effects, the explicitness of violence, Ford's face)
>>
>>65089679
No faggot. People use cave paintings for ancient alien evidence, or even dinosaurs coexisting with humans, but they aren't actually depicting any of that stuff.
>>
>>65085301
>>65085988
>>65087052
>>65088197

I will literally never understand Temple of Doom hate.

I lived in an Indy free bubble for my entire life and just watched the original trilogy last year for the first time and Temple was instantly my favorite.

Crusade got a little too hokey but was still fun because Sean Connery. But man Temple was just a fucking thrill ride the entire way through. I love everything about that movie.

I mean hell that fucking opening. Doing some James Bond shit in a Shanghai Nightclub after a music number. It was campy but you couldn't look away. The bridge scene is GOAT. Short Round is honestly the best Indy companion and I felt a real relationship there in the camp scene. The mine cart chase is still one of the coolest set-pieces.

What I always found so fascinating is that they managed to keep it so campy and fun while also going to some really dark places. Dark doesn't automatically mean better but the fact that the balance was for perfectly found was commendable.

Raiders is solid and safe but I never really felt heart. There was no attachment it was just an adventure to kick Nazi ass which is fine. Crusade is hokey and should have never gone anywhere near Indy's past or origin. Temple took chances while managing to bring that heart and drama into it in a way that worked.
>>
>>65090117
I like Temple too, friend. I think most people feel it went too dark.
>>
>>65090117

i don't really hate it but the main criticisms i hear are

-too dark
-that awful annoying actress
>>
>>65089948
>what is google

Also the burden of proof is on you not me

>>65090046
The add to the lore and legend. It doesnt mean their correct but all legends have some factual basis. The fucking bible is used to justify the others and its the exact same pretense.
>>
>>65090117
Nice post. Temple is my favorite too. It had the best set pieces and really felt like an episodic adventure. Raiders has too much scope I think. I like how tight and focused Temple is.

>>65090542
That actress is a total qt tho. She is a good young crush
>>
>>65090542

See the Willie hate never made sense for me.

Or at least it makes sense but not as a knock against the movie. Her character was literally made to be an annoying cunt. So she pulled it off perfectly.
>>
>>65090635
It's a totally different level of acceptance in the world. Lot's of people are christian or hindus. Ancient alien people are this tiny group. There's archaeological evidence for at least the people or places mentioned in various religious texts. Ancient alien shit relies on bad archaeology and misunderstanding the facts of sites. As an archaeologist, that's where I draw the line.

Ancient aliens aren't worth an indiana jones adventure.
>>
>>65090117
Because it's awful

How can anyone not love the perfect father/son adventure film?
Watch it with your dad to maximize comfy, assuming yours is still around.
>>
>>65091054

Temple of Doom is the perfect father/son adventure film. Short Round and Indy's relationship was real.

Crusade was cheesy, ruined a lot of Indy's character and had tons of inconsistencies and weak writing.
>>
>>65090635
>Also the burden of proof is on you not me
No it isn't. You're the one claiming that Solutreans believed aliens visited people and depicted it in cave art. You're the one making a claim that goes against all archaeological knowledge, so you should provide some valid evidence to back that up.

In reality, the entire ancient alien line of thinking is very recent, and is influenced by pulp scifi and horror:

http://skepdic.com/vondanik.html

There's no way it belongs in the same universe as the ark of the covenant or the holy grail.
>>
>>65090382
>>65090542
While I think "too dark" is a valid criticism, I think it also misses a key difference between Temple and the other two: they had to show why the cult was bad in Temple. The Nazi's being bad is already established in everyone's mind, Indy doesn't need to sneak through Mengele's lab and fight his way out of a concentration camp to show it, everyone already knows that shit.

That said, they probably didn't have to go quite as dark as they did, you could probably drop the actual heart removal and make all the slaves adults, but I like it the way it is.
>>
>>65091372
I like the slaves being children. If they were adults this moment wouldn't be as powerful.

https://youtu.be/RR51CavZxbc?t=5
>>
My granddad said it was his favourite one. I liked it.
>>
File: ebin trash man.jpg (69KB, 498x668px) Image search: [Google]
ebin trash man.jpg
69KB, 498x668px
>>65091358
>http://skep
Trashed.

Aliens, gods, angels, weird people, who cares what they are or if they exist, but those depictions are there and have intrigued archaeologists and anthropologists since the disciplines exist, and if you think the truth about what they are matters you're missing the point for the sake of being the biggest fedora tipper around.
>>
>>65091561
I'm an actual archaeologist, dipnuts, it's my job to know what they actually mean. Because just saying "whelp, could be aliens" is not only wrong and unscientific, it doesn't answer anything about how people actually lived or thought in the past.
>>
>>65091639
This is an indiana jones movie were talking about. Were interested in the legend not reality numnuts.
>>
>>65088081
it sounded better in the trailer, the take in the movie was awful
>>
>>65091776
Archaeological legends. Crystal skulls aren't archaeological legends.
>>
>>65091810
It doesnt matter what it was. The idea was an alien artifact. They just chose a crystal skull to represent it. It could have been an alien chimichamga. It doesnt matter what the artifact was. It was based around the legend.
>>
>>65091810
They were during the time when Indiana Jones takes matter. But even that's irrelevant.
>>
>>65091929
My point is that aliens in general don't have anything to do with archaeological legends.

They just don't fit. Adding scifi to a fantasy story like that doesn't make sense. And it real-word term, it's kind of retarded. I mean, why would Indiana Jones care about going after an artifact he would either either know the real story of or (in the case of the crystal skulls) would know is a twenty year old fake. And, as someone else pointed out earlier, it alienates the audience, because very few people take it seriously.
>>
>>65089647
Nah I believe George. He seemed to have quite a bit of faith in his creation
>>
>>65091938
No they weren't. Ancient Aliens stuff only really came into the public eye in the late 1960s.
>>
>>65092172
You rearded m8?

>The earliest published reference to the skull is the July 1936 issue of the British anthropological journal Man, where it is described as being in the possession of Mr. Sydney Burney, a London art dealer who is said to have owned it since 1933.[31] No mention was made of Mitchell-Hedges. There is documentary evidence that Mitchell-Hedges bought it from Burney in 1944.
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_skull
>>
>>65092321
Yeah, and most people didn't care about it. Even the ones that did apparently didn't link it to aliens in any way. It's easy to imagine someone reading the ark of the covenant and trying to find it in the 1930s. Hell, people actually did. Interest in the crystal skulls is pretty recent.

Think about it like this: if Indiana Jones was an actual adventure serial made in 1938, could you picture him trying to find aliens?
>>
>>65092401
It wasnt made in 1938 so that argument doesnt make sense.
Thread posts: 133
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.