[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this dude is in constant pain 24/7 because he is missing half

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 20

So this dude is in constant pain 24/7 because he is missing half of his leg

and people always want to take his pain suppressants away so he can.. what? Be in terrible pain?

Why
>>
its called drama u pleb
>>
>>65031109
more like torture, why'd you want him to walk in pain
>>
Happens in real life. My ol' mum is on cortisol replacement therapy. Without her meds, she will have severe panic attacks (there is a reason Gotham used the adrenal gland) and her body will eventually slow until she falls into a coma, from which she will die. Just went into the hospital with winter asthma issues, and I've spent two weeks fighting undertrained nurses and junior doctors to keep her on a steady dose of these meds, because they 'felt' she was 'addicted' to the pills that are keeping her alive and functioning.
>>
It was either taking the leg off and giving him a prosthesis instead or keeping the leg and suffer the life long consequencens.

Just watch the show.
>>
>>65031641
I know that, but he doesn't need to be in pain and he clearly needs Vicodin just to act and function as human being.

So far only time has abused them is when
>they were gone for along time, had to get something so he could even think
or
>off the clock having fun not harming anyone
I think Wilson even points out he isn't doing harm to his surroundings with his use.

it feels contrived how they want to create drama by practically fucking torturing House by taking away his meds.
>>
>>
Because he's an addict that mistreats all the people around him.
>>
he wasnt in that much pain.

vicoden is a shit pain killer

house was just a fucking pansy
>>
>>65031070
There's 8 seasons worth of this show to help you understand this better, OP.
>>
>>65033488
is vicodin why is an asshole to everyone?
>>
>>65033488
If he gets his job done and done well, why does it matter?
>>
File: show doesnt watch.png (8KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
show doesnt watch.png
8KB, 300x225px
>>65031070
>Why
He's a jerk.
>>
>>65033488
he was asshole but thats not drug addiction sign or symptom or cause.
>>
>>65031846
>I think Wilson even points out he isn't doing harm to his surroundings with his use.
Wilson's wife ends up dead because she went to drive House home from the bar because the genius surgeon couldn't figure out how to call a cab.

Junkies destroy everything around them.
>>
Remember that time he took methadone and it completely cured him of pain and his disposition, and everyone's like "nooooo House don't do that"
>>
>>65033691
Not actually his fault
>>
>>65031070
>Why

Because he's taking way more than he should be taking for his pain.

Yes, it's true that House is in constant pain and that he has a legitimate need for painkilllers due to his leg. Note, however, all of the scenes where he's popping pills, several at a time. This is to show his dependency on the pills, not entirely for the pain-killing effect, but for the high that they give.

This happens all the time in real-life. People start taking painkillers because they are legitimately in pain. The thing about painkillers, however, is that they often don't remove the pain entirely, they numb it. As a result, people take more pills. Over time, they start to like the way the pills make them feel, so they keep taking more and more. You're supposed to realize this about House in the season where he deals with that cop (memory is fuzzy here), where they start finding all of the hidden bottles of Vicodin that House has stashed all over his apartment. This is classic addict behavior. They horde a stash and hide it, so that others don't see how much they're really taking.

Then you need to start realizing that House isn't just in pain because of his leg. He's miserable and lonely because he doesn't have any real friends and he doesn't have Stacy (or Cuddy). How does he deal with this pain? More vicodin of course. He gets high on pills to deal with the pain, not just in his leg, but also the emotional pain he feels from his fucked up life.

tl;dr. It's not that they want House to suffer by taking away all of his painkilling medication, it's that they realize that he's taking more than he's supposed to because he 's addicted to the high.
>>
>>65033571
But 8th is abomination, 7th had good ending for entire show.
>>
>>65033820
It's partly his fault; partly hers for being a sucker. She should have told him to get himself home. Instead she enabled his addictive behavior and ended up dead.
>>
>>65033691
Hasn't happened yet if you follow my filenames. I'm in S03E12 right now rewatching this.

Everyone is acting retarded around House's pain killer use.

>>65033874
He takes several because he needs several.
>>
>>65031070
Did you even watch the show? A lot of his pain was overexaggerated by himself just so he can stay on his pain meds. That was what his whole addiction was about.
>>
File: 3.jpg (982KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
982KB, 1920x1080px
>>65033911
I fucking KNEW I recognized her voice
>>
>>65033874
This.

Most fa/tv/irgins don't really understand addiction.
>>
>>65033899
Because driving people around is so harmful, right?
>>
>>65033955
I think McTinner here was right about everything related to House but that's just because I know what will happen with his addiction but so far the show makes a really stupid case out of his drug use.

I might be biased because my father had an accident screw over 3 joints in his legs and he makes House's pill popping look like nothing.
>>
>>65031070
It's a fetishistic bit of narrative aimed at its core demographics, American college youth tinkering with adderall and pretending they're damaged.
>>
>>65034037
That much I figured years back when I watched it.
>>
>>65033874
I think this post just made me understand some stuff about my use. thanks dude
>>
>>65033677
Watch the fucking show and then you can contribute asshole
>>
>>65034099
I've seen it once already, I'm rewatching it.
>>
So why are any of the other doctors even there.
I know it takes House some dumb coincidence shit to figure out whatever the problem is but nobody else seems to be able to do anything.
Are they all in House's head? Or is House the figment of imagination?
>>
>>65034198
House is diagnostician, he does the patients nobody else has no idea what to do. Resulting in roughly one patient a week schedule. Foreman, Chase and Cameron are all in other duties while they're not with House and his case if I've understood this correctly.
>>
>>65034198
House doesn't want to do all the mundane running of tests and other grunt work and since he is so good at what he does, he is allowed to have a staff to do that shit for him.
>>
>>65034198
House only gets the most interesting cases, 99% of the time the other doctors do their jobs fine.

It's like Sherlock Holmes, Lestrade / the police wasn't always incompetent, just in the hard cases
>>
>>65034361
He sometimes does or at least observes when one of his lackeys does them (not that often though). He only arrives for the conclusion to tell them they were wrong or he was right (again)

House isn't also doing any of that because isn't he mentoring all three of them? The hospital is a teaching hospital and I've understood House selected them for reasons, and Foreman says he came to learn from House, as does Chase. I've understood their his students.
>>
File: 1452457432310.jpg (34KB, 523x521px) Image search: [Google]
1452457432310.jpg
34KB, 523x521px
>>65031070
>missing half of his leg

>able to run like a horse after he takes just the right kind of drugs

Shit show for proto-redditors.
>>
>>65033691

>amber is dead because house wanted to get drunk

lol you are an idiot
>>
>>65033899

i feel sorry for the world you live in where you think drinking and drugs are bad.
>>
>It's 'House bonds with a patient' episode
>>
I remember when the leg pain stops for a couple of episodes he starts running at almost every hour. So if his only ailment is pain, why does he use a cane and limp around like a bitch? His leg works fine otherwise how was he able to run
>>
>>65033874
>>65033955
>>65034069

lmao holy shit. are you fucking faggots 10 years old?

how can you not comprehend what fucking addiction is? did you not cover this in 7th grade health?

good lord get off this fucking website and go read a book
>>
>>65033715
Well he did pass out like twice
>>
OFFICIAL HOUSE DOCTORS THAT I CAN REMEMBER POWER RANKINGS

1. House
2. Chase
3. Taub
4. 13
5. Wilson's dead wife
6. the final season chick who was at the prison where house got sent to after he crashed the car

POWER GAP
500. That one autistic girl doctor who was stealth high test
50000. Black dude
500000000. Wilson
5000000000000. Cuddy

POWER GAP

99999999999999999999999999999. chinese girl from the final season who literally had the personality of a cardboard box
>>
Dude they discovered he was using wilison and other doctors to get extra prescriptions. House did something that would have cost any doctor his license and give them jail time
>>
>>65034820
>chinese girl from the final season who literally had the personality of a cardboard box

i dropped house after her

honestly barely payed attention to the last 2 seasons due to the fact that they completely turned away from the actual doctoring and it was literally days of our lives 100% of the time

fuck that

glad wilsons dead
>>
>>65034820
Chase is like beta-version of already beta-House.

Wilson = 13 > House > Cameron > rest are irrelevant desu
>>
>>65033691
>Wilson's wife ends up dead because she went to drive House home from the bar because the genius surgeon couldn't figure out how to call a cab.

Wasn't he trying to call Wilson to pick him up?

I know /tv/ doesn't have friends, but most people will call their friends to pick them up before resorting to a cab
>>
>>65035068
It wasn't House's fault from what I remember. Didn't they go to a bus together or some shit
>>
>>65033488
He was mistreating people around him before his infarction.
I never got it either. It's not like he didn't look into alternative pain management methods. He just stuck with Vicodin because it worked best and got him high as a bonus.
>>
>>65035104
Yeah, they got on a bus. It wasn't House's fault, but that's how they drummed up the drama on the show. Wilson got mad at House because Amber wouldn't have even left the apartment if House hadn't called. It's stupid, but it sounds like some people here agree with it.
>>
>>65033874
>he doesn't have Stacy (or Cuddy)
Those were pleb tier waifus anyway. He should have banged Cameron or that want stalker chick played by Leighton Meester.
>>
File: 1307795999717.gif (2MB, 299x238px) Image search: [Google]
1307795999717.gif
2MB, 299x238px
>>65031070
because Jennifer Morrison has a nice little ass that's why
>>
>>65035148
It's bad writing like almost everything revolving around House's addiction so far. He has had only two abuse parts so far and I'm half way through rewatching season 3.

I wish I could skip the patient stuff and watch the House-Wilson scenes only
>>
This show went downhill so hard after season 2
>>
>>65035191
She has nice everything.
>>
>>65031585
>cortisol replacement therapy
Shocks me that doctors would change de dosage of a patient they don't know.

You can't take away someone's cortisol 'cause they'll die, but House wouldn't actually die without his meds, so that's a different situation. Yours is shitty doctors, House is more like "yea I'm being high all the time and I have a justification !"
>>
File: leighton-meester-house-26.jpg (61KB, 615x462px) Image search: [Google]
leighton-meester-house-26.jpg
61KB, 615x462px
>>65035188
>stalker chick played by Leighton Meester.

How could I forget about stalker chick?
>>
>>65035205
>Rewatching a show that you clearly don't like, don't understand, and don't enjoy the writing
>Only halfway through season 3

What are you even doing?
>>
>>65035359
they're le epic trolling /tv/ don't you get it it's so funny to pretend to be retarded
>>
>>65033691
>Surgeon
Also he tried to call Wilson, not Amber
>>
>>65035359
I enjoy bits and pieces here and there. I understand it fine enough.

>Why watch it again
Reconsideration.
>>
>>65034749
That shit he was taking was regrowing the actual muscle, but then tumors started developing so he performed surgery on himself.
>>
>>65031070
why not just have the leg cut off?having lived with a serious toothache for half a year I can say the relief would be worth it
>>
>>65035553
He didn't want to give up his leg. Christ, are you fucking dumb?
>>
>>65031109
manufactured pointless drama driven by exaggeration is called melodrama
>>
House knew Chase and Foreman murdered that guy right?
>>
>It's a Patient didn't actually lie about anything, and isn't a piece of shit, so House just avoids the patient right until the end Episode.
>>
>>65033572
no he is just an ass and drugs/pain are excuse he gives others. like old people that use age as an excuse for their bullshit
>>
>>65035588
House knew everything so yes.
>>
>>65035567
well then he should stop bitching about the pain
>>
I've got this episode on the tip of my tongue but I can't remember it, it's the one where House is right at first but everyone second guesses him and tells him he can't be right, but then he is. Anyone remember it?
>>
>>65035191
is that from the ep when kids take testosterone?
>>
>>65031233
for drama
>>
>>65035703
>>65031846
this was. He had menopause/high estrogen levels low test levels and had heart attack or some shit everytime he saw certain woman
>>
>>65031070
>>65031070
Because he ate them 4 fun, and long term-abuse probably has some form of side effects.
>>
>>65035696
Episodes 1-177
>>
>>65035696
>It's a House lets 2 babies die, then figures it out on some whim Episode.
>>
>>65035748
I think his kidneys fail at the end of season 4 and he starts hallucinating Cut Throat Bitch.

Those episodes were great.

He also tried to kill Chase because the wombat got to marry Cameron.
>>
>>65035975
>Curry Doctor kills himself for no particular reason
>House can't figure out why, drives him nuts
>Curry Doctor ghost taunts him later.
>>
>>65035975
Foreman dying and Moriarty episodes have been my favourite episodes so far on my rewatch.
>>
>>65031070
> I need pain to be a genius and cure people
garbage
>>
>>65035205
Bad writing? Nigga are you dumb? Wilson lost someone important and he became irrational with his emotions. This shouldn't be hard to understand.
>>
>>65036219
You still haven't caught up to what I'm saying it's okay.
>>
>>65036062
>Foreman dying
That asshole dies? When? I stopped watching it sometime during season 6 when all that bullshit with his relationship with Cuddy happened.
>>
>>65036279
Dying as in dying but not resulting to death. He gets some disease from water that birds have shat into and is holed up in isolation with a cop.

Season2 I believe
>>
>>65036279
he almost died. He was like a bubble boy for a couple episodes, and went blind.
>>
>>65036317
>>65036336
Oh, I remember that episode. What a disappointment that was when he survived.
>>
>>65036336
That was honestly good shit from the show, didn't really know Foreman's actor could be that convincing.
>>
>>65034820
>Wilson and Foreman ranked that low
Superior rankings:

1. House
2. Wilson
3. Taub
4. Foreman
5. 13
6. Chase
7. Cameron

I don't enough about the others to rank them. Chinese girl was definitely the worst character though.
>>
>>65033677
You don't get to have an opinion if you don't even watch the show faggot.
>>
>>65036560
>Taub and Foreman that high
>13 and Cameron that low
Shit list.
>>
>>65036560
I'd rate Wilson higher than House because he had so much less screentime but was way convincing as a multifaceted character. House's writing was mostly spent on spinning his wheels.

Also Taub that high? I think both 13 and Cameron are more full characters that made the show more interesting.

Chase should be low, it's the retarded housefanboy from /b/ basically

>>65036596
? i'm literally rewatching it now
>>
>>65036624
Damn good call with 13 and Cameron, I agree completely here >>65036629. Can't wait to see 13 again in the show and I honestly wan't to see House in the psych ward episodes (s6 that was I believe?)
>>
High dosage of vicodin every day is dangerous (like pretty much high dosage of anything every day). The easy solution would have to cut the leg and be done with it but House is too proud for that and prefer to shorten is life by taking vicodin.

But it's also said most of the pain is psychosomatic, meaning he could reduce the vicodin if he went to therapy, yet he refused and that's why his friends are bitching about it.
>>
>>65036560
>3. Taub
Go watch Colony, Taub is playing the vilain. And he's awesome.
>>
>>65034729
poor lagertha, that was a sad episode
>>
>>65034820
>Cuddy and Wilson not two of the best characters
shit tastes/10
>>
>>65036755
I don't like Taub or Foreman that much, they never really went all the way with Foreman that could be actual boss that could stand up to House's craziness (they play it like he is Cuddy in the show so far, Chase is little-House, Cameron is Wilson basically)

Should've made his character have much more guts than what he had.

but I will say that Foreman+Taub schenanigans in the later seasons (esp. the one where they were both high as kite in the archives?) were good well written comedy

>>65036762
Yeah it was a bit sad.
>>
File: don.jpg (26KB, 306x362px) Image search: [Google]
don.jpg
26KB, 306x362px
>it's a Foreman and Taub get locked in the archives and get high on House's Vicodin episode
>>
>>65037320
I can't fucking wait to see that episode, too bad I still have lots of episodes to go through

>Torture as differential diagnosis tool for CIPA patient.
>>
>>65034601
Please tell me that's an edit

Those eyebrows are incredible, if this is an unedited pic taken on set, it's fucking 10/10
>>
you guys are aware that vicoden is like 90% fucking aspirin right
>>
>You will never be wake and watching surgery done to your own stomach
kill me
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.