[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular Opinion Thread I didn't like the Hateful Eight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 14

File: unpopular.jpg (38KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unpopular.jpg
38KB, 300x300px
Unpopular Opinion Thread

I didn't like the Hateful Eight and the Revenant, they weren't bad just overrated
>>
>>65027696
The Force Awakens was good movie and far, far superior to the prequels.
>>
>>65027730
op said unpopular opinions
not mainstream fatgirl geek is chic opinions
>>
"Overrated" is a meme criticism for lackwits. Learn to articulate your thoughts cogently before spewing your uneducated opinions.

Not all opinions are created equal you know. Some people simply have more knowledgeable opinions than others.
>>
>>65027764
Go be triggered elsewhere.
>>
I like the push for diversity, not for any politcal reasons, just that it means a larger pool of talented actors to pool from instead od the same twenty or so a-listers
>>
File: Le_91ca88_203144.png (160KB, 580x439px) Image search: [Google]
Le_91ca88_203144.png
160KB, 580x439px
>>65027730
go away normie
>>
File: reminder.jpg (230KB, 1163x871px) Image search: [Google]
reminder.jpg
230KB, 1163x871px
redditors will deny
but you know it's true
>>
>>65027854
All this proves is Reddit is superior
>>
>>65027775
You sure proved it with this post you deluded faggot.
>>
>>65027854
The middle ones being on top of both first and last ones fucking triggers me.
>>
>>65027775
You're retarded. Kill yourself.
>>
>>65027696
Thor 2 was genuinely better than Thor 1 and I like it very much
>>
>>65027696
I think all redditors should stay on reddit. This means:

>>65027696
>>65027730
>>65027775
>>65027786
>>65027822
>>65027854
>>65027885
>>65027891
>>
A lot of critically acclaimed movies are just boring pretentious messes. A lot of it is people falling over themselves to be even more creative in praising a movie.
>>
>>65027925
people use reddit so much its lost all meaning. Diversity is good if you don't think about as just niggers and as not a politcal agenda
>>
the martian was shit
>>
File: 1444539846809.jpg (31KB, 555x644px) Image search: [Google]
1444539846809.jpg
31KB, 555x644px
>>65027696
Very unpopular for some reason but very correct opinion incoming:

TFA is worse than any of the prequels and an all around bad movie.
>>
>>65027696
Manitowoc county sheriff dept are corrupt as fuck and Steve Avery and Branden Dassey deserve retrials. They may even be innocent.
>>
>>65028138
>if you don't think about as just niggers and as not a politcal agenda
So not diversity?
>>
>>65027764
Could've fooled me son. Every other thread on /tv/ has been Lucas shills trying to revise established history and claim the prequels were good.
>>
>>65027854
TFA is the most reddit movie ever made right next to GotG.
>>
>>65028138
>Diversity is good
there's nothing inherently good about it regardless, that being said it's not inherently bad either
>>
Iron Man 3 sucked musky donkey balls, and no it has nothing to do with the Mandarin
>>
I hate "bostoncore" movies like:

The Departed
Boondock Saints
Suicide Kings
Good Will Hunting (the best one but still cheesy, this one not actually about shit tier thugs)
Black Mass
>>
"North and South" is the white-history "Roots"

it is also the superior miniseries in nearly every way
>>
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy was a shit film. I read the book, loved it, watched the film in the cinemas with high expectations, and it was shit.
>>
>>65027696

"I like" and "I didn't like" are not opinions you uneducated fucking retards. They are factual statements. Unless you're lying. Good fucking god this board as dumb as shit.
>>
>>65028594
>"I like" and "I didn't like" are not opinions
Hahaha oh wow
>>
I've never liked a film released before 1970. They're not straight up garbage, but they just don't grab me.
>>
>>65028661
this isn't an opinion, this is pure stupidity
>>
>>65027925
>>65028138
>reddit
Is not only a meaningless non insult at this point, as soon as someone spouts it I dismiss them as a kid that just came over from reddit and is trying to fit himself inside our "secret" clubhouse because they're used to conformity and upboats.
>>
>>65028676
Delete your life, kid.
>>
>>65028725
>be a complete idiot
>resort to insults
lol
>>
>>65028379
> only blacks equal diversity
wew lad

>>65028428
This is stupid, there is an inherently good thing about expanding the casting pool for more races since it would mean a larger pool of talented actors to pull from.
>>
>>65028756
To be fair he's only saying that he's never seen a movie released before 1970 that he thinks is good. Might have been genuinely unlucky and just seen schlock or something that's too far from entry level to feel comfortable for him. Dumb, but can be mended.
>>
>>65028756
You're the one who started with the insults, redditor.

I'm lmaoing at your life, kid. Me and my wifes son are sitting here laughing at your immaturity.
>>
>>65028594
>They are factual statements. Unless you're lying
WOAH
>>
robert altman is hugely overrated but his best movie is one of his more overlooked ones: the long goodbye

the way he shot the football scene in M*A*S*H shows he has little understanding of how to shoot anything out of his comfort zone. it is clear he knows little about football or how to make it appear fun or compelling on screen.
>>
ITT: Edgelords
>>
>>65028685
>Is not only a meaningless non insult at this point
Only redditors think this.

>our
>clubhouse
Nice try doe
>>
>>65028013
Let me guess, your favorite films are Terminator and Fast and Furious
>>
>>65028850
>only blacks equal diversity
Well yeah. Don't you watch movies? Also if you don't like a niggers acting performance it's because you're a racist
>>
>>65027696

Almost every /fedoracore/ movie is decent and mostly hated because of their popularity with certain groups of people.
>>
>>65028873
for fucks sake. thanks for the laugh
>>
I think Arabic or Arabic-looking actors should get more representation as good guys and leading roles and quit with this mentality of "every arab is a muslim terrorist". Not every arab is even a fucking muslim for christ's sake.

In today's world, Arab is "The Enemy" therefore they're always playing negative roles or very minor neutral non-aggressive ones at best.
>>
>Only God Forgives is AWFUL, stop trying to meme because "MUH DRIVE MUH REFN"
>TV series are on the same bottom level along with video games and anime
>Kurosawa's samurai films are overrated, his best films are High and Low and Ikiru
>>
File: 1438624294275.png (5KB, 263x283px) Image search: [Google]
1438624294275.png
5KB, 263x283px
>>65027696
Star Wars is fucking shit.
"Pretentious" is the second worst buzzword used by retards on /tv/ after "meme cinematography".
Anyone using the cinema-film-movie-flick lingo unironically is a drooling retard.
>>
I find Arthouse to be boring and/or overly pretentious half of the time, even knowing and appreciating historical context and the film methods they pioneered.
I have a genuine dislike for such "epochs" of cinema as 8½, L'Eclisse, Au Hasard Balthazar, Ladri di biciclette, Apur Sansar, Tokyo Story, In the Mood for Love, À bout de souffle, The Mirror and Vertigo, and don't think films in general should be put on pedestals, or any work of art for that matter.
>>
>>65029049
shitskin detected
>>
>>65028915
>his best movie is one of his more overlooked ones: the long goodbye
From what I've seen so far of his filmography, I agree. It's actually one of my all-time favorites, and none of the films of his I've watched so far come close.
>>
>>65029060
>Star Wars is fucking shit.

I am starting to come around to this.

Sci Fi can be good or bad. Aside from one or two of the original movies being alright they are all laughably predictable.

I think people have fond memories of the toys and the costumes as boys and girls and they just never let go of that feeling.

Ad in 200 million worth of advertising and you get 'the movie event of the season'
>>
>>65027696
I like women.
>>
>>65029071
I wonder what your favorite films are then because chances are those films are heavily inspired by those you listed
>>
>>65029084
And your point is?

I'm still fucking right.
>>
dragonball gt was good
>>
>>65029104
No doubt, but that doesn't mean I have to "like" the ones that came before, and chances are I like or dislike a lot of the movies that pioneered the films I listed. I'm just saying appreciation and genuine taste can be two separate things, and just because your favorite critic or film professor are up their or other asses over something, it doesn't mean you have to climb aboard.
>>
/tv/ was never good
>>
>>65029049
>>65029117

you are right but don't let /tv/ hear that because its shit
>>
>>65029117
He has no point. He's too emotionally jaded to see the world in any terms but literal black or white and probably thinks we're the liberal boogeymen his grandpa warned him about.
>>
I thought the hateful eight was great and the revenant was garbage
>>
>>65027696
TFA was a mediocre movie with plenty of flaws and deserves none of the praise it got
>>
I never found Mitch Hedberg funny. Clever, yes. Funny, nah.
>>
The Force Awakens surpassed my expectations and was a good Star Wars movie on par with Return of the Jedi.

The Prequels are shit, but just about everyone but Lucas himself managed to mine gold from its concepts and worldbuidling and had the films themselves been in the hands of someone like Dave Filoni, they would have been good.
>>
>>65028484
>forgetting Gone Baby Gone and The Town

Do you even Baawston
>>
Man of Steel was dogshit and everyone saying otherwise is trolling
Every movie Michael Mann made after Collateral was dogshit and everyone saying otherwise is trolling
>>
>>65029464
So, what you're saying is, you think anyone disagreeing with your taste is trolling? Clever way to dismiss any argument.
>>
>>65029511
Normally, I'd agree with you, but he's just right on both accounts.
>>
>>65029464
The Kingdom was okay

Public Enemies was shit, though
>>
>>65027696
Return of the Jedi is the best star wars film
>>
>>65029570
I agree with his opinion on MoS and Michael Mann as well. My point still stands.
>>
Avatar is a brilliant sci-fi movie
The Godfather 1/2 are overrated garbage
Morgan Freeman is a terrible actor
The Force Awakens was worse than all the prequels
If you have 2001 A Space Odyssey in your top 10, you are a pretentious fuck
Leonardo Dicaprio deserved an oscar for Django ahead of Waltz
>>
you are all a bunch of faggot degenerates and all the misogyny on this site makes me literally sick to my stomac
>>
>>65028936
No.
>>
>>65029980
Don't feminists love faggots?
>>
>>65029951
>Avatar is a brilliant sci-fi movie
Please tell me this is bait
>>
File: 1400813402726.png (41KB, 911x172px) Image search: [Google]
1400813402726.png
41KB, 911x172px
I thought Kaiji was hilarious and i miss him and all the other trips from back when /tv/ was actually a fun place to be
>>
Heisei are the only good Godzilla movies
>>
>>65030019
>one of the most 'realistic' spaceships ever in the ISV Venture Star
>gorgeous visuals (the planets and space shots, not the blue people)
>interesting new concept in the avatar program
>entirely new language introduced
>vast array of new alien species and ecology
Bretty good lad
>>
>>65029980
The racism and misogyny on 4chan in general has me worried.
It's always been a part of the site, but back in the day it was way more ironic, more there because the freedom of anonymity gave you free license to act stupid and get something out of your system you couldn't in your day to day life. Then /pol/ attracted stormfags and they've been an element here ever since, recruiting kids to their insanity trough dank memes. Couple that with the goings on in the world to day and I'm honestly not seeing a very bright future for us here in the west.
>>
>>65030093
>no mention of plot or characters

wew lad
>>
>>65030093
>one of the most 'realistic' spaceships ever in the ISV Venture Star
Nope
>gorgeous visuals (the planets and space shots, not the blue people)
At the time, sure, but does it make "brilliant" sci-fi?
>interesting new concept in the avatar program
"new" concept that wasn't expanded on and ended up used as space magic
>entirely new language introduced
Literally who gives a fuck even if they did
>vast array of new alien species and ecology
Again, does it make "brilliant" sci-fi?

You can just say you liked it, it's fine. Avatar's nowhere near "brilliant sci-fi"
>>
>>65030164
>t. cuckold
>>
>>65030255
People who love Avatar are the same types that pretend to love the prequels: More interested in the concepts and world building than genuine cinematic merit.
>>
>>65030164
same
>>
>>65030293
Well memed bro. Many upboats to you.
>>
>>65028389
This is a thing only a redditor would say
>>
>>65030290
What exactly is good sci-fi then?
>>
>>65028389
You should try watching The Martian. That shit is unbearable.
>>
>>65030376
Moon (2009)
>>
Star Wars in general is shit.

The only decent marvel hero (in MCU) is iron man.
Marvel movies are shit.

Man of Steel is better than any of these marvel movies.

All Xmen movies are shit, except First Class.
>>
Tarantino has only made one great movie. All the others are only passable.

David Lynch has style, but is severely overrated. The Elephant Man is the only one I really liked.

Tom Cruise seems like a bro and I'll never get tired of seeing him in films, especially scifi.
>>
File: mmcheesey.gif (721KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
mmcheesey.gif
721KB, 160x160px
>>65030093

millennials shouldnt be allowed to post on 4chan
>>
>>65030447
>Tom Cruise seems like a bro and I'll never get tired of seeing him in films, especially scifi.
I respect him for doing good action and sci-fi, but I don't know what he's like in person apart from the weird cultist stories.
>>
Is 'TFA is worse than the prequels' still a controversial opinion if you shitpost it in 30 threads a day to the point it seems like the /tv/ consensus?
>>
The Force Awakens was really good, even if it wasn't very original in terms of its story.
>>
>>65030607

People usually say he's the nicest guy on set, shows up early, helps the crew out.
>>
>>65030625
I don't want to try and judge whether one is better than another, but I have respect for the prequels for trying to push the envelope and do new things. TFA was probably the safest movie I've ever seen.
>>
I HATE Kramer from Seinfeld. He is obnoxious and unfunny.

>HURR LOOK AT ME I AM SO WACKY AND RUNDUMB XD
>OH NO I FELL DOWN CAUSE I AM CLUMSY XDDD

The show would be perfect if he didn't exist.
>>
Diversity is important and worth consideration when making films or television shows. Most people who deny this are white middle-class heterosexual men, who are used to seeing themselves represented in all sorts of roles throughout media.

When she was very little I heard my cousin ask my aunt if girls could really be professors. Her ignorance on this matter isn't to be entirely explained by the fact that she's internalized the mainstream media image of a professor being a white middle-aged guy, but to say it has NOTHING to do with it is absolute fucking horseshit. Of course it does.

What we see constantly shapes our prejudices and our expectations, not only about others but about ourselves.
>>
>>65030727
i feel the same way.
>>
>>65030776

>Internalized
>Le everything is white male's fault

Your cousin is a retarded kid and isn't a symptom of a society oppressing anyone.
>>
>>65030700
Have you seen Nightbreed?
Pushed the absolute limit with animatronics, has some great practical effects, costumes and makeup. A hot mess.
Seen Spider-Man 3? Sandman was probably the most impressive use of CGI that year, yet it was a trainwreck, albeit a somewhat entertaining one.
I feel the same about the prequels, great concepts world building, attempt to push the film making envelope were made, but it didn't come together well enough for them to be good movies, mostly because two key elements were lacking: Competent scripts and a capable actors director.
Sometimes staying safe has better results.
>>
>>65030813

>We're not affected by the images we are confronted with every day throughout our lives.
>Those images don't have any affect on our prejudices and expectations.
>They don't influence how we see ourselves and others.

My cousin might be retarded, but she's likely smarter than you.
>>
>>65030847
>has better results
Monetary or artistic?
>>
There hasn't been a good TV drama since Twin Peaks. I tried out Breaking Bad, The Americans, The Wire, Fargo, True Detective and The Leftovers and they were all terrible without fail.
>>
>>65030886

>IT'S THE MEDIA MAAAAAN CAN'T GET AWAY FROM THE SUBLIMINAL MESSAGING MAAAAAAN
>IT'S DA MAN MAAAAAAAAAN
>>
>Sicario was mediocre
>The notion that art is subjective is abused by lazy people
>"Pretentious", "boring" and "overrated" are not arguments in itself
>>
>>65030916
S O P R A N O S
>>
>>65030944

Who mentioned subliminal messaging? That's an entirely different phenomenon, dude. Jesus fuck, I think you might actually be retarded. Literally. I feel bad for what I said now. I'm sorry.
>>
>>65030776

dont you have some facebook articles to comment on, SJW?
>>
>>65030992

Sure, I'll do that later. Thanks for reminding me though. Very kind of you.
>>
>>65030987

Your tripe is literally conspiracy theory bullshit, or at least on the same level. If you honestly think people don't know what they can do and rely on mindless entertainment to tell them otherwise is fucking retarded. I know your judgement is clouded by your social justice cause, but diversity in a stupid show or movie won't make or break poor little Sally.
>>
>>65030813
>Le everything is white male's fault

Not really. A part of how the world is today, or had become until very recently is an escalation of how everyone in it perceives it.
The reason white men took control and made the world their playground I think has less to do with us being the evil boogyman, but because it was expected of us by our mothers and wives. It was a deal struck in antiquity: They stayed home in relative comfort and took care of the kids in exchange for you conquering the world so succeeding generations might have a brighter future growing up into conquers themselves. It was in part a happenstance that the lighter pigmented version of homo sapiens sapiens prevailed over other wife driven conquerors.
So when us "evil" white men had nothing else to conquer, our mothers and wives started wanting a slice of the kingdom we built as well. At the same time, the mothers and wives of those who we conquered started pushing harder for their sons to go out and get a slice too.
And by golly, most of us will give them what we have at the drop of a hat, even those of us who complain the loudest about it. Because we all love our mothers, and most of us desire a wife to please.
>>
>>65031113

So women are shit?
>>
>>65027786
youre the one whos so buttblasted by getting his favorite movie shit on 24/7
>it's good guise!
>contrarians!
>>
>>65030891
Both.
But about everything prequel related not handled directly by Lucas > TFA.
>>
File: fargo-finale-car.jpg (332KB, 1368x787px) Image search: [Google]
fargo-finale-car.jpg
332KB, 1368x787px
>>65031147
No, they're like super pretty and smell nice and taunt and tease and the majority of us will do almost everything for them because it's biologically hardwired into us. There's no one to blame, not really. It's just how our species evolved.
>>
>>65031068
>but diversity in a stupid show or movie won't make or break poor little Sally.

I never said that, but all the images she sees throughout her life has an affect on her that isn't negligible. This isn't conspiracy theory, It's just psychology and sociology. If we only see certain people in certain roles, then that affects our expectations about people in those roles. If you say this to any educated person, it'll seem like it borders on the trivial, yet to you it's 'retarded'. Whenever I mention this on /tv/ especially, people start acting like the people in Idiocracy.
>>
>>65031008

>passive aggressive sarcasm

lol kill yourself millennial
>>
>>65031068
>he doesn't believe that media can impact a person and their beliefs

by that logic there shouldn't be a problem for more diversity since it doesn't matter either way
>>
>>65031359

Born in 86, but okay.
>>
File: 1385677968110.gif (2MB, 325x255px) Image search: [Google]
1385677968110.gif
2MB, 325x255px
>>65031395

>86

what the fuck are you doing on 4chan grandpa
>>
>>65031395
>86

That's the definition of a millennial you idiot.
>>
>>65031395
You're still a millennial.
>>
Sequels and prequels are shit. Seeing a movie and saying, "Wow, I wonder what happened after that/before that!" doesn't mean you should make a sequel or prequel. All it means is that you made a good movie. Now go make another movie about something else.
>>
>>65031412
He was probably the same age you are back when 4chan was launched kiddo.
I was two years older
>>
>>65031519
Laughing at the notion of these children thinking they have any say about who comes here.

Got to stay up late to watch the first moon landing.
>>
>>65031383

Diversit is not what bothers me, but it seems to be the centrepiece of the victimhood people seemto cling onto, even celebrities are crying about it and web journalism is making money by churning out SJW pandering shit on a regular basis.
>>
the revenant is one of leos worst performances and inarritu is possibly the most insufferable director currently working. if this movie was temporally shifted and switched with the beach, but without switching directors, it would be beaten brutally as the overrated derivative pandering piece of shit that it is in 2000, while in 2015-2016 the beach would be considered a masterpiece

reviewers are some of the worst people on the planet, with glaring inconsistencies and hypocrisy on almost every level.
>>
I was born in 85 faggit
>>
>>65031268

Nice post, I give it 5 Fedoras and a shining Katana
>>
>>65029951
>If you have 2001...
Or maybe we just like the movie. You can say you didn't like it but it's retarded to tell others that they can't like it
>>
>>65031633
I can agree with that
>>
Oh boy, do I ever have an unpopular opinion for this board

I think racism is wrong and /tv/ focuses way too much on black actors.
>>
File: Impressive, nice.png (183KB, 540x412px) Image search: [Google]
Impressive, nice.png
183KB, 540x412px
>>65031777
>>
File: 1452660142166.png (2MB, 1000x934px) Image search: [Google]
1452660142166.png
2MB, 1000x934px
>>65031835
>>
>>65031619

dont you have some checkers to play or somethng
>>
File: wakeup.jpg (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
wakeup.jpg
18KB, 500x500px
Reminder
>>
>>65028484

>Boston

Confirmed for most obnoxious accent on the planet.

Source: I'm from the Northeast U.S.
>>
>>65032706

WE WAZ GADS N ANGLES
>>
>>65029951
>This is the type of person that you argue with over the prequels
>>
The racism and anti-SJW sentiments on 4chan made it harder to have fun here. 4chan's always been shitty, but in that way that made you and others work together to find a way to enjoy yourselves. It was fucking around with other people being stupid assholes for the sake of being stupid assholes with barely any genuine malice intended. Now most of what i see is bad arguments, edginess, pinning the changing quality on reddit, and porn. 4chan is 12, it shouldn't be hitting puberty this hard.

Also Blue Mountain State was a genuinely good show that deserved more viewership despite being one of the most blue collar things ever put on television
Thread posts: 143
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.