[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Trek

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 41

File: vlcsnap-00043.jpg (202KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-00043.jpg
202KB, 1920x816px
Just finished watching The Motion Picture and god damn it was fantastic. Whoever said it was boring is a fuckin pleb.
>>
File: discobones.jpg (227KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
discobones.jpg
227KB, 1920x816px
I'll dump some pics and share what I thought about it.
>>
File: snap.png (873KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
snap.png
873KB, 1920x816px
First of all, it goes without saying that the models were gold star quality. I was blown away detailed and unique looking all the models were in the film.
>>
File: vlcsnap-00020.jpg (206KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-00020.jpg
206KB, 1920x816px
The 2001 influence is obvious and I think it really helped this film. This is the most visually interesting Star Trek related media I've ever seen.
>>
It's a good, epic science fiction movie.

Star Trek had to become a homoerotic comedy and not science fiction before people started saying it was good.
>>
File: horror.jpg (240KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
horror.jpg
240KB, 1920x816px
This also had one of the most horrifying scenes I've ever seen in Star Trek. This was almost like something out of a Lynch film.
>>
Great movie
im actually watching Star Trek: TOS atm
>>
File: vlcsnap-00008.jpg (299KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-00008.jpg
299KB, 1920x816px
I really liked the tension between Kirk and Decker the whole film too. You really begin to see Kirk's ego as a flaw. This warp sequence was also pretty neat.
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 320x240px
"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."
>>
>>64993380

"Enterprise... what we got... didn't live long enough... fortunately..."

BONE CHILLING
>>
File: v(oya)ger.jpg (266KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
v(oya)ger.jpg
266KB, 1920x816px
I thought the twist was interesting too. It was great that the threat wasn't just some random alien. I didn't even see it coming because no one ever talks about it.

>>64993377
Yeah, I'm surprised Trek fans don't appreciate it more. nice triple dubs

>>64993406
How far are you? I just recently finished, it's my favorite Trek
>>
File: vlcsnap-00059.jpg (188KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-00059.jpg
188KB, 1920x816px
>>64993509
I'd join with her Vger, if you know what I mean
>>
File: vlcsnap-00057.jpg (47KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-00057.jpg
47KB, 1920x816px
The ending was heartwarming as well. But I guess I'm just a pleb that admires rottenberries vision.
>>
Yes OP, this movie was pretty cool. Wrath of Khan is a bit better in an actiony sort of way, but as far as pure TOS sci finess, this is the top tier star trek movie.
>>
>>64993122
The same people who are saying that Bridge of Spies is boring.

"Boring" is a copout word used as a criticism by idiots who cannot better express their opinions.

The Motion Picture isn't bad at all. I think it's a solid 7/10 movie. Maybe 6/10 if I were being harsh.
>>
>>64993734
Episode 14
>>
File: split_diopter_fullsize.jpg (3MB, 3840x3808px) Image search: [Google]
split_diopter_fullsize.jpg
3MB, 3840x3808px
I watched this recently too

all dem split diopter shots...
>>
File: background_guy.jpg (604KB, 1280x1088px) Image search: [Google]
background_guy.jpg
604KB, 1280x1088px
>>64994645
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 743x777px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 743x777px
Kirk was an asshole faggot in that movie.
Decker was a good guy and did nothing wrong
>>
>>64994801
Thats one of the main points of the movie, that Kirk's impetuous fuck it Im doing it my way style was finally getting him into trouble. but he gets over it and learns to be a good guy
>>
File: vlcsnap-00060.jpg (262KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-00060.jpg
262KB, 1920x816px
>>64994645
I forgot to mention this. This is probably one of my biggest problems with the film. I've never liked split-focus shots and this film overused it.

>>64994684
This is a good example of pointless use. That fucker in the background offers nothing to the shot, except to be a meaningless distraction.
>>
File: vger_splode.webm (3MB, 1024x435px) Image search: [Google]
vger_splode.webm
3MB, 1024x435px
The Enterprise was majestic
>>
File: trumbull_beauty_shot.webm (3MB, 1152x490px) Image search: [Google]
trumbull_beauty_shot.webm
3MB, 1152x490px
>>64995210
>>
>>64993122

I'm glad that you enjoyed the picture, anon, but this opinion (which I've heard buzzing once or twice on /tv/ recently..?) is a minority one. Most fanboys acknowledge that this movie sucks.

It has a number of things going against it. The pacing is shit, IIRC (I've seen it twice). Although "The gang's all back" for the first time since TOS, there's no fun or camp to any of what they're doing. The movie is, unfortunately for Star Trek /too serious/. In particular, Kirk, Spock and McCoy's early interactions come off as cold and unfriendly AND BORINGLY-SLOW, and not how we remember the characters. Fortunately, this plodding Star-Trek-Is-Taking-Itself-Way-Too-Seriously problem was quickly remedied with Wrath of Khan.

Second, everyone hates the pajama outfits, which were mercifully one-offs. By Khan they had real outfits again, which they retained for the next few flicks.

Also, upon my re-watch, I realized how boring the bald bitch was. Not even the tweest does much to redeem the flick. Search for Spock was my least favorite film before the re-watch, but once I'd been through it again, I came to the serious conclusion that The Motion Picture is the worst Star Trek flick (I've seen most of them). Even Search for Spock has important character-arcing, Klingon interiors, Chris Lloyd, and just plain straight-up camp.

Still, I did like Spock's spacewalk.

There is a tradition among Trek Nerds, for this very reason, that "the even numbered movies are good, the odd-numbered movies are bad." This is generally correct of the first eight movies (remember how awesome First Contact was?!)
>>
>>64995550
>First Contact
>awesome
into the trash it goes
>>
>>64994976
the split focus is nausea inducing
>>
Having said that anon, Robert Wise is an important director, and not consigned only to sci-fi popcorn flicks. You might consider watching other Robert Wise films you haven't seen. I recommend the supernatural horror picture "The Haunting" (1963), not to be confused with its terrible remake, or the Vincent Price movie of a similar name. I think you would also like the 60's version of The Andromeda Strain, it's an early adaptation of a Chrichton book, has a real sci-fi plot, and the scientists wear similar stupid pajama-suits :^)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Wise#Filmography
>>
File: correct_reaction.gif (829KB, 320x136px) Image search: [Google]
correct_reaction.gif
829KB, 320x136px
>>64995612

Wherein a correct reaction is made to the above poster's comment.
>>
1. Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
2. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
3. Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
4. Star Trek
5. Star Trek: The Motion Picture
6. Star Trek: First Contact
7. Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
8. Star Trek: Into Darkness
9. Star Trek Nemesis
10. Star Trek: Generations
11. Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
12. Star Trek: Insurrection

I regret nothing.
>>
>>64995907
And this scene is exactly where the movie goes wrong. Its not TNG characters we're seeing here, but random characters created for this movie put into the TNG character's bodies.
>>
>>64996010
Wow. Way to pick literally the only scene in the entire fucking movie that makes sense in terms of Picard's arc and say that it's out of character.

Did you fall asleep during Season 4?
>>
File: tommygun_.webm (3MB, 864x367px) Image search: [Google]
tommygun_.webm
3MB, 864x367px
>>64995907
>now let's fondle their guts
>>
>>64996055

I'm not this guy but he gets it dead on. Charade you are, >>64996010 !

Candy-glass-breaking Picard IS Picard, just tuned up a titch for the Hollywood movie.
>>
>>64996055
Makes sense in terms of picards arc if you completely ignore everything that happened in TNG since he was assimilated.
>>
>>64996010
Movie went wrong way before this scene, mate. Borg Queen, for one thing.
>>
not space odyssey 2001 is slow.
>>
>>64995983
why would you add nuTrek to this list? wtf is wrong with you? you were doing so good
>>
>>64996137
Nah, after he goes home and chills with his brother, then has more issues with Hugh in Season 6, had his borg prejudices reaffirmed in that season finale, then has the Borg attack Earth at the beginning of the movie.

That scene fits just fine. His action-hero climbing up the piping in the last scene while wearing a tanktop is what's wrong.
His spine-snapping execution of the helpess Queen is what's wrong.

Him refusing to trust the Borg and smashing his cabinet in a futile, impotent moment of rage? That's Picard.
>>
>>64996168
Like it or not, NuTrek is still Trek. And I honestly enjoyed 2009, I really did. Had a lot of fun.
>>
>>64996152
Yes I agree, but even here the queen is them taking a "character" in the TNG universe (the borg as a whole) and stuffing a completely different character into them

Angry PTSD picard is not a thing, hes profoundly distrubed and maybe even inwardly terrified by his experience of being assimilated, but his reaction to it in the movie doesnt match his previous reactions while dealing with the borg post assimilation during the series.

Likewise the borg queen is an innapropriate personification of the borg, and completely misses the point of the borg. The borg (an unstoppable hive mind bent on effectively destroying your individuality) in this universe act as a polar opposite/foil of the federation, who value individuality and freedom over everything. Personifying the collective into a single person is completely missing the point.
>>
I sometimes thought it would have been an interesting "tweest" if it turned out the Decker-Ilia-VGer merge was what lead to the creation of the Borg.
>>
>>64996308
Oh, I'm not defending the Queen, at all. I am literally only defending that one scene and you saying it's out of character, when it's really not at all.

See this post here where I rationalise it >>64996263

The Queen can get fucked. They've literally admitted that the only reason she's a thing is because the writers of the movie were having too much trouble coming up with dialogue for the Collective. That's actually the reason they give, it's hilarious.
>>
>>64996263
>Him refusing to trust the Borg and smashing his cabinet in a futile, impotent moment of rage? That's Picard.

No, it isnt. Theres no way he'd lose it in front of some random earther who has no idea whats going on and is depending on him for guidance to make it out alive just because shes suggesting he goes and talks to them. Hell it took his own brother a good week to make him break down and thats with his brother knowing exactly where to poke him to get him to lose it and admit what was bothering him, and then after that catharsis you think after that hes going to lose control in a random room with some random woman? Nah.

I agree with the rest of your post, its more pseudo picard being presented as the real picard, but you're wrong about smashy scene.
>>
>>64993122
>whoever said it was boring is a fucking pleb
You're starting to see that the 'redditors and tourists' thing isn't just rhetoric
>>
>>64996373
It makes more sense if the intelligent machine based life that V-ger encountered and gave it sentience were the precursors to the Borg
>>
File: vlcsnap-00049.jpg (226KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-00049.jpg
226KB, 1920x816px
>>64995550
You're making the presumption that Star Trek needs to be a fun/campy action. Star Trek has dealt with serious topics before and handled them seriously. I don't understand how Star Trek being serious is inherently bad.

I personally liked the cold, strained relationship they had with each other. The characters are older, haven't seen each other in a long time, and are going to act accordingly. Bones was borderline forced on the enterprise, Spock was in isolation struggling to commit himself to logic, and Kirk's arrogance is catching up to him. I think these things bring out interesting aspects of their characters.

Slower pacing doesn't make the film boring. I was engaged during the whole film and never felt like a scene was dragging on too long. It had been a decade since the series had originally aired, and a more mature tone is called for.

I'll agree that the uniforms were retarded, but I think they wanted to distance themselves from the bright primary colors.
>>
>>64996423
I would argue that having the actual Borg literally on the ship you captain, slaughtering your crew, would be more than equivalent to your brother pushing your buttons for a week.
>>
File: locutus.webm (3MB, 864x367px) Image search: [Google]
locutus.webm
3MB, 864x367px
Can we really know how Picard should truly react around the Borg? He's quite a restrained character, whereas something like the Borg, who basically raped him, would surely prompt a more visceral response.
>>
>>64996423
Don't forget after that catharsis he still has deep issues with the Borg when he meets Hugh over two seasons later.
>>
>>64996487
Just like he got super angry at the ferenghi that captured his ship a million times? Or the Binars? or any of the other times? I still think its out of character for Picard.

It takes weeks of torture to get this guy to lose it and yell about how many lights there are, I dont think the dialog or situation was enough to make Picard go apeshit.
>>
>>64996373
At the end of the film Kirk says that Decker gave this new being the will to choose its own destiny, filled with the weaknesses of mankind. But >>64996455 could make sense.
>>
>>64996600
>it takes a week of torture
This is a good point, considering this happened long after his assimilation IIRC. Of course show-Picard was never entirely consistent himself, especially with respect to the prime directive
>>
>>64996600
Yeah, well, you're obviously not an idiot so I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
I just feel the Borg violated him and his subsequent experiences with them in the series after this violation are more than convincing enough for him to have a breakdown under the right circumstances. And you know, he'd hit the self-destruct, he'd lost Data... the man's not allowed to throw a gun through a cabinet?
I think the whole Ahab thing was a great concept that would've been even better if handled by competent writers.
>>
>>64996686
Its all irrelevant really, since I think we agree one of the central problems of the movie overall is the inappropriate recharacterization of alot of the main characters/factions in the universe, regardless of if we agree scene by scene.
>>
>>64996429

>I have to force myself to sit through long, turgid, uninteresting movies in order to prove that I have an attention span and also to distance myself from broader-capeshit and its enablers. After all, no middle ground exists. I am a connoisseur, a mature person---

-4chan
>>
>>64996772
/discussion
>>
File: queen_entrance.webm (3MB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
queen_entrance.webm
3MB, 1280x544px
>>64996152
>>64996308
Could the Borg not have concoted a queen (or rather, a drone that resembles and acts like a queen) for the sole purpose of fucking with Picard and his crew?
>>
File: why hello there.jpg (10KB, 448x352px) Image search: [Google]
why hello there.jpg
10KB, 448x352px
Commander, I know everything about your sexual organs.
>>
>>64996772
>one of the central problems of the movie overall
you mean all four TNG movies
>>
>>64996795
And a good one it was. This is one of the best Trek threads I've seen in months in terms of having a serious discussion without shitposting/memeing/waifuposting
>>64996834
Recall that there was also a Queen who played a signifiant role in Voyager... it would be quite a bit of effort just to make a queen to fuck with them.
>>
>>64996865
Picard in Insurrection is perfect, one of the very few things that movie got right.
Well, until the obligatory tank-top boss battle at the very end.
>>
>>64994589
I'd even say that "Boring" is a GOOD thing in relation to this movie, or 2001. Things don't need to be constantly happening, this is space, known primarily for being full of sweet-fanny-fuck-all.

Boring is OK. Interstellar would have been a better movie id Nolan wasn't afraid to be boring.
>>
>>64996907
>it would be quite a bit of effort
Are you sure? It's a hive mind, with endless technological resources, I would think it was capable of such effort.
>>
File: o.jpg (20KB, 367x475px) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
20KB, 367x475px
>>64996834
Why would they give the body boobs?
>>
>>64997033
Well I mean why would they bother to have their queen fuck with Voyager, a single Starfleet ship with a small chance of ever reaching home again? The queen is nevertheless in charge of trying to turn Seven of Nine 'back' and thwarting the rebel borg from destroying the collective.
I guess the real answer would be in the dialogue-- does the queen ever say anything about existing for a long time?
>>
>>64997165
The new Star Trek TV show will have a new enemy whose population is 100% female, everyone is sterile and the main form of reproduction is conquest of other worlds and stealing of their men.
>>
>>64997165
to psychologically affect the humans she interacts with
>>
>>64996969

This is a fair point where 2001 is concerned, and likewise for Interstellar, but its relevance falls off for a Star Trek movie.

In terms of their respective pains to depict the reality of space travel in as honest a manner as possible (while also attending to fictional narratives), our hierarchy goes

2001 >> Interstellar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Star Trek

Now that you mention it, I am reminded that both the Discovery and the Interstellar ship had comparable "first legs" of their trips - Discovery to Jupiter (in the movie, but Saturn in the book!), the Interstellar ship out to Saturn, where each meets its Sci-Fi Plot Device, and the factual reality of space travel can be dispensed with, to an appropriate storytelling degree.
>>
>>64996926
>Picard in Insurrection is perfect, one of the very few things that movie got right.
Except for the fact that he had practically this same issue happen in TNG at least twice before, and vehemently argued the reverse argument.

Picard was a master diplomat, and always achieved success through moral high ground, and making the rule of law work in his favor.

You're telling me the same man who outfoxed the romulans in the neutral zone with treaty interpretations and moxie is the same guy committing high treason because he feels obligated to help some non-ingeniousness people retain their unnatural immortality at the cost of billions, or even trillions of lives that would be saved by harvesting the radiation?

I agree, insurrection is the least offensive of the TNG movies, but it still suffers from having a dumb action plot instead of a clever trek plot. The only thing that made it feel like a TNG episode was Frakes directing.
>>
>>64997201
>I guess the real answer would be in the dialogue-- does the queen ever say anything about existing for a long time?
That wouldn't matter, as she would be lying to give the humans the impression the Borg had a Queen, and it would explain why there was two of them

The real problem with this interpretation is that if the Borg were faking the Queen, Mary Sue 7 of 9 would have surely know about it
>>
File: vlcsnap-00002.jpg (209KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-00002.jpg
209KB, 1920x816px
>>64997330
Star Trek is a vision of an idealized future, but it isn't pure fantasy. This film brings a sobering look at the characters we've known from the series. Bones is sick of Starfleet, Spock is struggling to remove his human half and Kirk is realizing how arrogant he can be. This film presents a more realistic vision on the universe we know and love. This is further evidenced by the eerie transporter malfunction and the wormhole they enter by warping inside the solar system. These are real dangers that had never been addressed in the series.
>>
>>64997837
I actually thought the wormhole was contrived and silly (though it was used to point out kirk's relative incompetence and his unfitness for command, which is fine) the wormhole itself was silly
>>
>>64997330
I don't think it is necessarily because its depicting it in a "realistic" way, but space is MASSIVE amd EMPTY and letting your movie be kind of slow shows some respect for that.

Including some wide shots of negative space with a ship tiny in the distance, silently moving across frame for 15, 20, or 30 seconds is a fast easy way to demonstrate that vastness in the movie.

The problem with interstellar is that the first leg is the scene of them taking off, and then the scene of them going into the wormhole, and they're back to back. It spends no time on the joruney.

Then they go through the wormhole, and wind up in a system that's never properly established. They don't spend enough time "going" anywhere. TMP, which was trying to be 2001-esque, spends a lot of time showing you the trip through v-ger. The approach, once they are inside, spock's EVA to the core, and then them finally meeting v-ger, and the plot-twist, its an ancient space probe that has journeyed so far out that it's become a godlike superentity. It was a movie about traveling, and travelers. One might even say it was a Trek... Through the stars.
>>
>>64995550
>remember how awesome First Contact was?!
I wish you put this at the very beginning of your post, so I knew I wouldnt have to bother reading the rest.
I'll never getting those seconds back
>>
>>64997293
Voyager had the Species that reproduced by reanimating dead people and metamorphosing them.
>>
>>64997293

Star Trek: SNUU-SNUU
>>
>>64997972
The TOS movies were my introduction to Trek so they will always have a special place for me. I remember enjoying TMP at like 10 years old so I am skeptical of these claims that it's boring/pretentious-- the long shots work fine. Sad it has less than 50% on rt today
>>
File: janeway reaction.jpg (20KB, 470x362px) Image search: [Google]
janeway reaction.jpg
20KB, 470x362px
>>64997201
Because the bog analyzed all of the information they had on Voyager and the Queen rightfully recognized that she had finally met a bigger-badder alpha bitch. They wanted to add her uniqueness to the collective before she ruined their collective asses.
>>
>>64998312
Well her dream was eventually realized:
>DS9 novels
>What if we started replacing all the crew who left, some with new faces, some with old?
>What if we started exploring the Gamma Quadrant again?
>What if we picked up old plot threads, like Bajor joining the Federation or those body-controlling parasites from TNG?

>TNG novels
>WHAT IF SELA BLEW UP DEEP SPACE NINE?

>Voyager novels
>What if we used quantum slipstream drive to send a fleet of ships back to the Delta Quadrant?
>What if we started reestablishing contact with old characters, and meeting new characters that we missed on the first Delta Quadrant journey?
>What if the characters started getting promoted, forming families and moving on with their lives?

>TNG novels
>WHAT IF JANEWAY BECAME THE NEW BORG QUEEN, THEN BLEW UP, AND THEN WAS MADE INTO A Q?
>AND THEN SEVEN OF NINE MERGES WITH A PLANET EATER AND BEGINS CALLING HERSELF SEVEN OF ONE?
>>
>>64998133
How come there is no ST porn?
>>
>>64998484
Clever. Make an obviously false claim so people will correct you by linking it to you.
>>
>>64998484
Boring-ass sexuality.
>>
File: waporize.webm (3MB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
waporize.webm
3MB, 1280x544px
Undiscovered Country a best
>fun antics but less goofy outright comedy than Voyage Home
>interesting sci-fi politics, analogous to the collapse of the Soviet Union
>connects what we know of the TOS era to how things are in the TNG era
>clearly intended to be the send-off of the TOS era cast
>Shakespeare loving Klingons
>zero gravity slaughter
>fun with cloaking devices
>alien court
>alien prison
>treacherous Vulcan Kim Cattrall (would have been better if it was Saavik but nevermind)
>Sulu captain of the Excelsior
>Worf's grandpa
>Christian Slater cameo
>ensign Dax's weirdass feet
>>
File: transform.webm (3MB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
transform.webm
3MB, 1280x544px
>>64998827
>shapeshifting loli
>>
>>64998827
>alien court
>alien prison
This plotline has been used in Trek so many times, but most of then are pretty good
At least, if you aren't O'Brien
>>
>>64998467
This is why you should NEVER read novels based on movies / TV.
>>
>>64998904
>Public Defender Worf
>Dat stone gavel
>Those spot lights
>Bones being so fucking likable he makes the people accusing him of murdering their chancellor laugh
>the vertical seating
>The entire galaxy listening to the broadcast
>tfw rura penthe
It's the best alien court scene in the franchise
>>
>>64999128
also
>During the Cuban Missile Crisis in October 1962, Stevenson gave a presentation at an emergency session of the Security Council. In his presentation, which attracted national television coverage, he forcefully asked Soviet UN representative Valerian Zorin if his country was installing nuclear missiles in Cuba, and when Zorin appeared reluctant to reply, Stevenson punctuated with the demand "Don't wait for the translation, answer 'yes' or 'no'!" When Zorin replied that "I am not in an American court of law, and therefore do not answer a question put to me in the manner of a prosecuting counsel...you will have your answer in due course", Stevenson retorted, "I am prepared to wait for my answer until Hell freezes over."

>Stevenson's "Don't wait for the translation" speech to Russian ambassador Valerian Zorin during the Cuban Missile Crisis inspired dialogue in a courtroom scene in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.
>>
File: evilVoy.jpg (66KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
evilVoy.jpg
66KB, 500x376px
Alright the 20 of us have had some pretty good discussion but now things are dying down.
Name one thing that pic related did wrong.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 250x245px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 250x245px
>>64996851
>mfw I learned that Famke Janssen was born with male genitalia.
>>
>>64999333
I see your goal is to get millions of replies.

I refuse to play your little game.
>>
>>64999817
I am talking specifically about the 'evil' Janeway from LW, not Janeway in general (who nevertheless did nothing wrong)
>>
File: poorobrien.jpg (129KB, 680x1007px) Image search: [Google]
poorobrien.jpg
129KB, 680x1007px
Even in real life, O'Brien can't catch a break
>>
>>64999588
WUT

SOURCE?
>>
>>65000364

O'BRIEN

MUST

SUFFER
>>
>>65000364
>rob schneider
>ken jeong
>gabriel iglesias
Everyone knew what this was.
>>
>>65000773
Bill Nighy, though
>>
>>64998087

That's multiple people in this thread being objectively wrong, and quite strident about it. Disturbing.

First Contact is third place, behind Voyage Home and Khan.
>>
>>65000800
The guy from the vampire movie with the lady in leather awkwardly running in slow motion? That prime kinomatician?

Yeah him especially.
>>
>>64994589
>seriously comparing bridge of spies to TMP
>>
>>64999333
Easy.
She killed the dude, instead of using the transporter system to remove his limbs and turn him into the living doormat of her Captain's cabin.

I mean if you're going to go Turbo Hitler, you might as well go Turbo Hitler.
>>
File: tea.webm (2MB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
tea.webm
2MB, 1280x544px
>in trek thread
>sipping French Vanilla tea
Doesn't get more comfy than this.
Keeping things relevant, what is the most comfy of all the Trek films?
>>
http://canonfodder.ex-astris-scientia.org/?History_%26_Cartography:Hypothetical_History_of_the_Borg

OH

SHIT
>>
>>65001725
Definitely 5.
>>
File: vlcsnap-00007.jpg (262KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-00007.jpg
262KB, 1920x816px
>>64997950
I think it's another good example of Kirk's arrogance. It also grounds TMP a bit more in reality than the series. It's also simply cool looking.
>>
>>65001844
>>65001725
this

row row row your boat
>>
>>64993122
I agree OP
best trek movies are TMP, FF, and NEM
>>
File: pastense1_389.jpg (70KB, 692x530px) Image search: [Google]
pastense1_389.jpg
70KB, 692x530px
This is now a Dapper Dax thread.
>>
>>65002440
>>
File: JazdiaDax.jpg (44KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
JazdiaDax.jpg
44KB, 500x382px
>>65002440
>IP count goes up
>more DS9edditors
I don't know what I expected
>>
>>65000929
You tell me
>>
I don't get the hate for this movie. I liked a lot of the stuff in the film (okay the new uniforms were bad but sets on the ship looked great)

It's really stretched out seeing as it's a 45 minute television pilot put out over a 90 minute movie
>>
>>64996969
2001 isn't boring. It's a lot more interesting movie visually than Star Trek and has a more intense plot too.
>>
In TNG season 5 episode 24, when Riker and party beam aboard the Romulan ship, the Romulan said that their captain was dead. Shouldn't it have been commander?
>>
>>65003027
Maybe the Romulan was trying to put it into terms he thought humans would understand?
>>
>>65003027
I bet this question was asked at some Con panel
>>
>>65003027
Commander is a rank. Captain is a position, regardless of rank.
>>
>>65003401
Not for the Romulans it ain't.
>>
File: 1452892650170.gif (3MB, 200x170px) Image search: [Google]
1452892650170.gif
3MB, 200x170px
>It's a Worf is a boring asshole with no humor and an ugly face but he gets the hottest woman anyway episode
>>
File: DS9 s06e02 nope.webm (901KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
DS9 s06e02 nope.webm
901KB, 700x466px
>>65003599

HEY!

WHAT'D I TELL YOU ABOUT USING THAT GIF?!
>>
File: game.jpg (31KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
game.jpg
31KB, 640x360px
>>65003599
>it's a Wesley constantly spills his spaghetti in the worst ways possible but gets a 10/10 ensign episode
>>
File: rolaren5.jpg (105KB, 1435x1079px) Image search: [Google]
rolaren5.jpg
105KB, 1435x1079px
>>65003599
>hottest woman
lol
>>
>>65000364

>O'Brien shows up on Stargate
>gets BTFO in his third appearance
>>
File: 661.gif (897KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
661.gif
897KB, 300x225px
>>65003599

>it's a "Worf hooks up with Troi" episode
>>
File: Nanavisi.jpg (107KB, 590x547px) Image search: [Google]
Nanavisi.jpg
107KB, 590x547px
>>65004657
Not so fast
>>
The thing about Star Trek: The Motion Picture is that it was the first Star Trek movie, and it was made ten years after the original TV show. Everyone knows this, but no-one really thinks about the implications. Ten years is a hell of a long time, the odds were stacked against this film being any good, but instead of being a cheesy cash grab, filled with bitter failed actors phoning in their performances, it was a surprisingly mature and thoughtful, dare I say, patrician, science fiction film. You can say it's boring if you like but it had real quality, it made people sit up and take Star Trek seriously.
>>
>>65005927
O'Brien has done surprisingly well on Hell on Wheels
Thread posts: 127
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.