[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if, against all odds, this turns out to be good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 25

What if, against all odds, this turns out to be good?
>>
/tv/ will still hate it because muh SJWs and feminazis
>>
>>64979258
Which "odds" are you referring to?
>>
>>64979287
>is a reboot
>genderswaps everyone for no reason
> Leslie Jones isn't funny
> Melissa McCarthy is funny at times, but is so abrasive that I cant stand watching her for too long
>>
Im only watching it for the red head.
>>
Against what odds? Lonely virgin neckbeards?

The movie is bound to be great. Paul Feig is a talented director. Not to mention Spy has like a 95% on RT.
>>
>>64979368
Fuck I mean blond girl
>>
>>64979258

>le unfunny female Chris Farley
>le hideous, fat black woman
>le unknown
>kristen wig

Yeah it won't be. It'll get an 82 on metacritic, 90% on RT, and numerous nominations and awards because it's a female driven comedy in the current year, but it will be shit.
>>
File: amberHeardJaimieAlexander.jpg (358KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
amberHeardJaimieAlexander.jpg
358KB, 1024x576px
This film comes out in summer and there has been no promotional teaser or trailer.

What is the studio not showing us?

Could it be that this pandering garbage isn't funny?
>>
>>64979417
>le unknown
Non-plebs known who Kate McKinnon is
>>
>>64979258
Jesus Chris, They don't even look like they want to be in the movie
>>
>>64979389
Spy was kinda funny but it relied too heavily on insult humor imo. It almost felt mean spirited.

>>64979417
Kate McKinnon and Kristen Wiig are great imo. The other two are more a matter of opinion but Wiig and Kate are awesome.
>>
>>64979258

What if your poop actually tastes like chocolate?
>>
>>64979360
>is a reboot
Oh yeah, long odds there, reboots never do well.
Why does gender matter?
>Leslie Jones isn't funny
>Melissa McCarthy is funny at times
Ernie Hudson and Harold Ramis weren't funny either. Eat a dick, patriarchialist.
>>
>>64979258

If you go in wanting to hate a movie even the best films can be written off as terrible.

On the off chance that the new ghostbusters somehow manages to work around the bulky gender-flip dynamic and deliver a fun, scary, ghost-adventure movie with some decent humor and good effects the politics of the film will keep it from getting any kind of mass appeal. One camp is going to praise this movie no matter what for being forward-thinking, and progressive, and dismiss any criticisms as anti-woman. The other camp is going to hate this movie no matter what redeeming qualities it might have and view it as an attack on the natural order of things, their personal morals, or as just a means for reptilian controlled media-owning jews to further weaken the power of the white race so that the motherships can finally descend and construct the new hive world.

People in the middle will be off-put by all of this yelling and screaming and it will taint the movie which will probably be a B+ effort at best.
>>
It'll be shit the moment I see the first fucking computer generated ghost.
>>
>>64979258
How? No, seriously, how could a gimick reboot movie of a franchise that was already killed by the sequel possibly be good?

It's the same as shooting the film using an all siberian tiger cast, or making a thumb or lego version. This is bottom of the DVD bin shit, right here, along with old Croatian Christmas animated 48 minute 'movies'.
>>
>>64979642

There are some awful looking practical effects in the other two ghostbusters movies.
>>
>>64979556
reboots usually arent good though? the whole point of this post is asking what will happen if it beats the odds

> Why does gender matter?
Because the original Ghostbusters are all men and radically changing something like that for no reason is stupid?

> Eat a dick, patriarchialist.
lmao
>>
>>64979258
lets think about the odds anon

count the stars that you can see at night away form light pollution

of those stars, using a very optimistic guess, we'll say 2.5 million of them have planets

of those 2.5 million systems, 250,000 have planets that are small enough to have a gravity comprable to earth

of those 250,000, 2500 of them are in the goldilocks zone

of those 2500, 5 of them are cool enough to have liquid water on them

of those 5, none of them have have enough dumbasses to get this movie to be good
>>
File: 345279_1280.jpg (286KB, 877x685px) Image search: [Google]
345279_1280.jpg
286KB, 877x685px
>>64979389
>Paul Feig is a talented director.
>>
>>64979649

That same argument is why I don't really have an issue with an all-female ghostbusters reboot. The franchise is completely dead, no one wants another one and if the reboot will fail no matter what so why not do something stupid and risky with it.

I'd rather have a bad all-female ghostbusters to watch the internet tear apart than another sad safe calculated reboot with the old cast dragged out of retirement to mope around set doing bad impressions of their 30 year younger selves.
>>
>>64979258
I dunno DESU ..... The original is too good to start with. If Paul Feig does normal stuff with funny ladies, I guess the outcome would be fine.
>>
>>64979659
Like? Reminder the first film came out in 1984.
>>
>>64979593
Not true. Many people have been forced to see a film they didn't want to and ended up loving it. Zoolander was a common one, lots of horror films and comedies people avoid but when they see they actually like it.

No one wants to waste two hours of their life, effort justification actually makes many terrible films blockbusters: independence day, Michael Bay films, the fifth element, Die Hard, Jurrasic Park: they're all confusing messes that ask the audience to figure them out, and when they do they've sold themselves as something valuable because the audience worked to 'get it'.

Not saying those films are bad, but they're also almost never criticized seriously by non-contrarians. *except maybe Michael Bay*
>>
File: fortykeks.png (260KB, 358x310px) Image search: [Google]
fortykeks.png
260KB, 358x310px
>>64979701

Seriously though, if this turned out to be good I will kill myself, I won't be able to handle all the feminists articles praising it.
>>
Melissa McCarthy is shit and what the hell is that black thing in the background?

This looks like a disaster.
>>
>>64979258
If it does remotely well, I'll beat off to that silverback. I'm that confident
>>
>>64979556
>Harold Ramis
>not funny

Hello Reddit
>>
File: Heavy.jpg (39KB, 508x496px) Image search: [Google]
Heavy.jpg
39KB, 508x496px
>>64979701
you. you is funny guy.
>>
>>64979804

The terror dogs do not look good in motion, you can see matte lines everywhere, some of the secondary ghosts don't hold up well, and outside of the slime there wasn't anything impressive about the effects in ghostbusters 2.

That said I am not knocking practical effects, I'd love to see them do the oldschool slimer, but we are going to have CGI ghosts, and for some scenes that should be just fine.
>>
>>64979659

Ghostbusters still looks pretty good. Better than a lot of 90s cgi films at any rate.

The only bad stuff I can think of is the odd dodgy greenscreen and the keymaster looking a little off
>>
i am a redditor, AMA
>>
>>64979935
The dogs were pretty weak.
>>
File: 1440455767795.png (109KB, 300x371px) Image search: [Google]
1440455767795.png
109KB, 300x371px
>>64980011
how many hours a week do you spend in the cuck shed?
>>
>>64979556
>Why does gender matter?
Because it defines us in fundamental ways, are you fucking retarded?

There's people who kill themselves because they think they're the wrong gender.
>>
File: ferrisbueller.png (524KB, 797x393px) Image search: [Google]
ferrisbueller.png
524KB, 797x393px
Not only are there any trailers or teasers so close to the film's release, the official Ghostbusters website does not even MENTION this film.

This thing is going to be out in July and it has absolutely no momentum.

It will end up like the Vacation reboot.
>>
>>64980055
what's a cuck shed?
>>
>>64979556
>Ernie Hudson and Harold Ramis weren't funny either

Ernie being the straight man made everything that much funnier because it was a nod to the audience just how broken Venkman, Spengler and Stantz were. And he STILL got the funniest line in the movie so fuck your "not funny" shit.

> the man who wrote the script and played Spengler wasn't funny

crossboard elsewhere
>>
>>64979824
>Many people have been forced to see a film they didn't want to and ended up loving it
Megamind and Catch Me If You Can come to mind
>>
>>64979258
that black woman literally looks like some species of monkey or ape
>>
>>64980119
>reboot
Sequel. Try to talk about movies you've seen, this board has a t before the v in its title.
>>
>>64979761
i honestly think they went this route because they're not trying. If they were trying, they would have got a random bunch of four comedians to not 'replace' each actor but spin it in a different direction, with a different plot. Instead they went all gimick, actually undermining the actors who are replacing the original cast.

one woman, two, or even three would have made it seem like less of a gimick and more of a: these are the commedians who are going to take the concept in another direction, let's say Patton Oswalt, Tina Fey (or the girl who played Kimi Shmidt) Kristen Schaal, and Sierra Katow.

Or maybe Wanda Sykes, Hannibal Burgess, Jim Gaffigan, and Sara Silverman.

See is, the archetypes Akroyd, Ramis, and Murray were playing were all exaggerations of who they were as an occult obsessed weirdo, an oddball mad scientist, and a conman. Winston was introduced literally as an every-man, that was the joke. You can't do that shit again.

If it's gunna work, and I don't see how (also the fucking reebooting shit is getting tiring) you'd simply grab four comedians -age,gender,race don't fucking matter (and don't treat 'diversity' like a gimick you slap on a bottle of soda) as long as they are funny and have a hand in crafting their exaggerated personas like the original actors did.

This, though, this new ghostbusters? It's shit.
>>
>>64980241
why would anyone not be excited to see catch me if you can? the cast, director, and premise is great
>>
>>64980269
> look mom I said it on the internet

That's nice, there's church in the morning
>>
File: perfection.jpg (66KB, 634x642px) Image search: [Google]
perfection.jpg
66KB, 634x642px
>>64979556
>Ernie Hudson and Harold Ramis weren't funny either. Eat a dick, patriarchialist.

It's really sad that you have to pretend the original was shit to defend a reboot that will clearly rip off most of the gags of the original.

Ernie Hudson: "I've seen shit that will turn you white."

Harold Ramis: "I collect spores, molds and fungus."

Both classic lines. Quote me something from the new Ghostbusters as memorable? Oh, you can't because there's no promotional footage out so close to the film's release.

I wonder why....
>>
>>64980269
she is a species of ape.

so are you. Fucking retard.
>>
>>64980365
fuck off back to >>>/pol/
>>
>>64980280
>Winston was introduced literally as an every-man, that was the joke

In the script treatment where Zeddemore appeared, he was going to be tough-as-nails wisecracking ex-military introduced on page 10 of the script and played by Eddie Murphy. When scheduling put the kibosh on Murphy being in the movie, they cast Ernie –and only a few days before shooting radically cut back his character and made him the straight man coming in around page 60.

Ironically I think it made his character and the movie better, but not surprisingly Hudson doesn't see it this way.
>>
>>64980309

> taytay will NEVER step on your balls
just die in my sleep already
( ._.) ( ;_;)
>>
Why do fat women even exist? Isn't their whole purpose to look good to attract potential mates? I can understand a woman being ugly past menopause since she's not able to breed anymore but what about all the fat, unkempt women in their 20's?
>>
>>64979258
So, is the male secretary going to be the smart one that keeps everything together like the girl was in the original?
>>
>>64980275

Ugh, you had to add that second part and be an annoying faggot.

It was clearly an attempt to reboot the franchise even though the events in the film carry on years after from the last entry.
>>
File: brimley.jpg (28KB, 401x271px) Image search: [Google]
brimley.jpg
28KB, 401x271px
>>64980377
check your temperature, anon.

It's not surprising that a human would look like an ape when WE ARE APES. What's more surprising is when a diabetes spokesman can look like a cat.
>>
>>64980428
*tips fedora*
>>
>>64980291
>the cast, director, and premise is great
I don't care for Spielberg and was avoiding Leo. The premise is what made me back down and see it.

>>64980404
If you don't cut this shit out I will find you and step on your balls, your face and your taint.
>>
>>64980416
hahahaha holy shit that would send feminists into a frenzy if all the women were incompetent and the male had to clean it all up
>>
>>64980119
why you posting a man who got away with vehicular manslaughter?
>>
File: 1412481090021.jpg (39KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1412481090021.jpg
39KB, 413x395px
>>64980419
> I can redefine reboot to mean whatever I want it to mean
>>
>>64979286
/thread
>>
>>64980445
>i'll just post a random meme, that'll get em.
you are less than the dried chunk of gum on my shoe with cigarette ashes all smashed in.
>>
File: hebbeh.png (17KB, 612x567px) Image search: [Google]
hebbeh.png
17KB, 612x567px
>>64980455
>If you don't cut this shit out I will find you and step on your balls, your face and your taint.
>>
File: 1453012830116.png (3KB, 102x71px) Image search: [Google]
1453012830116.png
3KB, 102x71px
>>64980526
you trying to trigger me boy
>>
>>64980280
>Or maybe Wanda Sykes, Hannibal Burgess, Jim Gaffigan, and Sara Silverman.
This would be the most fucked film. My heart is breaking right now.
>>
>>64980309
Would /tv/ take a bullet for taytay?
>>
>>64979258
they should make a genderswap of Lolita. That'll solve all the world's problems.

Also Schindler list with all black actors both Nazis and Jews, for progressiveness.
>>
>>64979286
It will be funny when this movie BFTO /Tv/ again like TFA and the only good place to talk about the movie is /Co/
>>
>>64980593
right in the junk, honest
>>
>>64980413
because a lot of men will still fuck the nastiest of slags. seriously, when I'm downtown I see these marginalized looking hambeasts pushing their baby carts and I just wonder who is depraved enough to have stuck their dick in that?
>>
>>64980572
hehe
>>
>>64980460
they won't see the film, anon. They'll just praise it as progressive on tumblr and twitter till their blue in the face. Even if the start of the film is Bill Murray telling the audience it was all a prank and they're going to watch his home videos playing with his German shepherd for two hours instead.
>>
>>64980593
If by bullet you mean her cunnie, and if take a bullet you actually mean have her sit on my mouth, then yes. If you mean it any other way, no.
>>
>>64980593
I might shoot her myself, with a .22 hangun through an orange that I taped to the muzzle so it only makes a sound like someone dropped a glass of icewater onto a tile floor.

But I'd have to admit she's low on my celebrity kill spree list.
>>
>giant butch dyke and fat chicks: the movie

It will make its money back on name alone but no one will care for it. It'll be just like RoboCop, Total Recall remakes.
>>
>>64979258
Then I still won't care.
>>
>>64980808
> orange silencer
WHAT ABOUT A POINTED STICK
>>
If they're going to a do a reboot, then doing a genderswitched version at least makes it's interesting.
>>
>>64980690
>Even if the start of the film is Bill Murray telling the audience it was all a prank and they're going to watch his home videos playing with his German shepherd for two hours instead.

The ironic part is I would stay to watch that
>>
What do these Hollywood meetings look like?

>Shalom Ezekiel
>Shalom David
>How can we make profits this year?
>Let's do a Ghostbusters remake, but with all women to generate controversy!
>Oy, good idea, just make sure they're all fat or ugly for even more controversy

I'll go back to /pol/ now, don't worry
>>
>>64981427
/pol/ owns this board. don't let the whiny /co/ children get in the way of a good /pol/post.
>>
>>64979258
It's very unlikely that it will be a solid movie really
those girls seem extremely meh, i have no proof to believe the movie will have any of the charm the original had plus it's a movie made to catch atention because muh womyn remake
honestly i don't see it having the resources and inteligence behind it to be anything more than a risky pandering move made in hopes of some cash/
>>
>>64981471
Yeah, fuck /co/mblr
>>
File: jennifer-lawrence-gif.gif (787KB, 245x206px) Image search: [Google]
jennifer-lawrence-gif.gif
787KB, 245x206px
>>64979258
If? IF?

This IS going to be the movie of 2016, shitlord.
>>
File: nevermind.jpg (492KB, 940x940px) Image search: [Google]
nevermind.jpg
492KB, 940x940px
>>64979258
what if they catch Kurt Cobain's ghost?
>>
>>64979258
Seth McFarlane is apparently voicing a Grammar Nazi Ghost, it's going to be shit
>>
File: 1448852804888.gif (2MB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
1448852804888.gif
2MB, 300x162px
>>64979717
Not posting the superior .gif
>>
>>64981565
Forgetting about rogue one
>>
>>64979824
>lumping the fifth element and die hard in with Michael Bay

REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>64979258

it's not even MEANT to be good, it's meant to get you fired from your job when you say something bad about it on facebook
>>
File: Hysterical-Laughing-Gif-11.gif (417KB, 267x199px) Image search: [Google]
Hysterical-Laughing-Gif-11.gif
417KB, 267x199px
>>64981471
>/pol/
>owning anything
>even /pol/
>mf right now
Holy fuck good meme my man.
>>
>>64981814
That's the worst part, people trumpet this PC bullshit on my social networks all the time and I just ignore it, it doesn't mean I can't associate with them over trivial shit like that but anytime I speak up In opposition of it, they have a hissy fit an instantly block me even if I stop the moment they get upset.
>>
>>64981910
are you trying to challenge krager for position of biggest memenigger or something?
>>
>>64979258

This will bomb so hard. Male demo isn't interested in this and by extension so isn't the female demo because the males aren't. The only time a movie featuring this many vaginas goes over well is if it's about finding a boyfriend, which this isn't. Women aren't interested in sci fi if the men aren't, and they never will be.
>>
>>64979258
>What if, against all odds, this turns out to be good?

For who?

Chicks and little girls? Sure.

Fags? Probably.

Normal people sick of re-boots, the "stronk womyn" meme, and re-casting roles with non-whites and bitches for the sake of "diversity"? Not so much.

It will get the "you go grilz!" audience, though.
>>
>>64982320
will it? laqueesha isn't going to see this movie just because her african sister is in it. cristal won't see it because she doesn't care about the ghostbusters franchise and can better spend her time shitposting on tumblr. it might get the "nothing better to do" audience simply because they remember the name.
>>
File: 1453012179012.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1453012179012.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
movie will be shit
>>
>>64979258
Then Jesus will return and the rapture will occur.
Though I have my doubts.
>>
>>64982404

I don't know, I figure the chick daytime T.V. crowd will support it.

I sure as fuck won't.
>>
I find it really distasteful this thing was greenlit after Harold Ramis died
>>
>>64982452
fuck you
>>
>>64982502
spooked
>>
>>64982492
I 2nd that notion.
>>
>>64982452
MODS
>>
File: image.jpg (8KB, 125x120px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8KB, 125x120px
>>64979701
>>
File: Elliot.jpg (36KB, 479x351px) Image search: [Google]
Elliot.jpg
36KB, 479x351px
>>64979258
>fat girl
>tumblr
>druggy hair
>well trained gorilla they put in a suit.
>>
>>64979258

I'll still dislike it because these women are aggressively unattractive.
>>
I keep forgetting this movie even happened.. I honestly thought it came out like 6 months ago and died.

I highly doubt anyone is going to see this.
>>
>>64982492
This.
>>
File: 1339573756647.gif (171KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1339573756647.gif
171KB, 375x375px
>>64979701
kek
goldilocks zone = liquid water
>>
File: 1448478661701.png (130KB, 235x309px) Image search: [Google]
1448478661701.png
130KB, 235x309px
>>64979258
then id be happy and like it
>>
>>64979828
>I won't be able to handle all the feminists articles praising it.
They are going to praise it regardless of how it turns out.
>>
>>64979258
Well since I'm not going to watch it either way, it doesn't matter to me.
>>
It could only turn out to be good if they all have hairy legs and pits and everything and they lez out.
>>
>watching light-hearted "fun" action flicks
>not being a pleb
pick one
>>
>they are going to remake the breakfast club

How does this make you feel?
>>
>>64979258
>2016
>still no trailer

What do they mean by this?
>>
>>64984650
Surely there's a decent porn parody you could watch instead.
>>
not a chance
>>
>>64984690
and turn at least 2 of the kids black
>>
File: 1440139506009.jpg (95KB, 634x504px) Image search: [Google]
1440139506009.jpg
95KB, 634x504px
>>64982452
Fuck, got me.
>>
>>64979286
But you will say that even if it's shit. So now we come to the crux of the problem with this site.
>>
>>64984715
It means Sony already knows it's going to be shit which is why it's receiving relatively little marketing and being released in late August after all the real summer blockbusters have already been released from April-July in a desperate attempt to at least get a few ticket sales from people who just want out of the sun.
>>
it would have been honestly better if this was a continuation of ghostbusters, something like theyre the modern ghostbusters and still exists within the same universe

everything about this movie screams "WE DA GHOSTBUSTERS NOW WE WOMEN NOW LOOK HOW COOL WE ARE"
>>
File: the_moar_u_now.jpg (27KB, 325x214px) Image search: [Google]
the_moar_u_now.jpg
27KB, 325x214px
>>64979360
>is a reboot
The all-women Ghostbusters appeared in one episode of the original Ghostbusters cartoon, and they were from a parallel dimension. So they are sort of canon and the movie is more of an spin-off than a reboot.
>>
>>64984765
>flies freak me out way more than spiders tbqh
>>
>>64984723
>Surely there's a decent porn parody you could watch instead.
I'd buy it if it existed.
>>
>>64979258
I never got how that disgusting nigger became an actor in the first place. She literally looks like a 0/10 tranny. Same with that fat shit Melissa but at least she kinda resembles a woman
>>
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Why-Ernie-Hudson-Thinks-Women-Ghostbusters-Terrible-Idea-67629.html
>>
>>64979258
still hoping there will be a screener on the net before premier, so it won't rob any money

>>64980606
>BFTO /Tv/ again like TFA
when did that happaned again?
token nigger is just jarjaring around
token stong girl jedi is marysue
the evil is a white guy portaied as an edgy teen
story is a copy/paste of the first trilogy

if you mean by BTFO that it had pc and safeplay all the way, and so dissappointed /tv/, then true.
but otherwise "/pol/ was right again", so /tv/ wasn't btfo'd
>>
>>64985003
>I never got how that disgusting nigger became an actor in the first place.
Because she's funny right /tv/?
>>
>>64985043
>I kind of want to chastise Ernie Hudson for this close-minded reaction to Paul Feig’s Ghostbusters, but a lot of comments under the story on our site reflected these sentiments.

>I want to bitch about his opinion but he's black so I'll give him a pass

The
Ride
Never
Ends
>>
>>64979556

>Ernie Hudson and Harold Ramis weren't funny

you racist anti-semite
>>
>>64985115
Funny? Where? I've only seen her on SNL and she is plays the typical ratchet in every sketch
>>
>>64979286
>SJWs and feminazis will still love it because "muh /tv/ only hates because SJW"
>>
>>64980606
>BFTO /Tv/ again like TFA
Don't make shit up, faggot. Literally no one thought TFA would bomb.
>>
>>64980428
>It's not surprising that a human would look like an ape when WE ARE APES.

Well, the nigger in the OP certainly more closely resembles our ape cousins than the whites do
>>
>>64985177
>Funny? Where?
Why else would she be cast in this roll?

She must surely have talent right?
>>
>>64979417
Amerifats do.
To be honest, aside from Piggy McCarthy, everybody are litteraly whos in Europe.
>>
>>64979258
maybe a character will be actually be well written, with like a drinking problem or something, or something personal going on in their lives that they try and block out by going on these stupid ghost hunt adventures.
>>
>>64985780
lost father at young age, daddy issues, finds his ghost, learns to accept his passing. character arcs!
>>
>>64985780
t'll just be boy problems if anything though
>>
ALSO
>GHOST GRENADES CONFIRMED.

It will be shit.
>>
>>64985847

Did Extreme Ghostbusters still use ghost traps that used a cord?
>>
Ghostbuster works because it is a MALE comedy about the art of living in the '80s, the movie is TOO tied to THAT decade, it's the story of three unemployed graduate who became famous by inventing an odd job.
Today it wouldn't work as a sequel, let alone as a reboot, even less as a FEMALE reboot, because today the art of living pass through internet and shit, TODAY, Venkman, Stantz and Spengler would have a YouTube channel and a blog about paranormal, they would never go home to home shooting ghosts with proton guns.

I think the only movie that we could consider as a sipiritual successor of Ghostbusters is The Frighteners (1996), it's the only that have the same vibe as a comedy and visual effect, plus a little shade of drama and a great cast and OST.
>>
>>64986030

Frighteners also stars Jeffrey "Re-animator" combs.

What a freak he was in that.
>>
>>64985925
It was a circular trap with a cord which was activated by a handle, not by foot. Also, the user could separate de handle from the cord to "lock" the trap.
>>
>>64986078
Underrated actor, not the greatest ever, but in this movie shows how versatile is.
>>
>>64986104

Neat. I never gave that show a fair shake and I regret it.
>>
I was never into ghost busters so I don't really care. By that picture it looks like they have really boring type cast(fat one, black loud one, awkward brunette and hip blonde). I don't care if they were men that picture just makes me think of lazy writing. Maybe I'm wrong
>>
>>64986150

You should give it a try, it has some kind of double reading which is kind of interesting as an adult (sexual innuendos, death pictured and so on). Some episodes are legitimately scary, like the one inspired by "In the Mouth of Madness".
>>
>>64979258
>What if, against all odds, this turns out to be good?

you won't be reading it on 4chan
>>
>>64986150
Ghostbusters Extreme was pretty mediocre. Sure there were some good episodes but the new generation of Ghostbusters was pretty much the Burger King Kids Club. The guy in the wheelchair is what killed the show for me, people in wheelchairs can't be Ghostbusters no matter how strong their spirit it.
>>
>>64986343
don't forget the streetwise vato, the edgy goth chick and the nerdy black guy ..ug it was the Poochy the Dog of Ghostbusters
>>
>>64984887
You know what, I don't think that happened.
>>
>>64986415
They were alright and most people like Extreme Ghostbusters just for the goth girl
>>
I swear to god, when I first hear and saw these cunts in these outfit visiting kids in the hospitals I thought it was a bunch of retarded ass cosplayers just doing it for fun.
I thought this was all a joke.
Its not a joke.
Its real.
Its horrible.
Its going to flop so fucking hard.
>>
>>64986511
I was saying we should hate them all
>>
>>64986663
What were they thinking when they decided to do these hospital visits? I get that sick children might want to get a visit by some pop culture idol they know, but the female ghostbusters are the stars in a movie that's not even out yet! How should a child want to see them?

Honestly, must have been an extremely embarassing situation for the actresses.
>>
>>64986663
>I'm sorry I was diagnosed with terminal cancer at the age of 5, what's "Ghostbusters"?
>Shut up and smile for the camera kid

I made myself sad just now
>>
>>64986727
It was something the original Ghostbusters cast used to do. What they were thinking is "We can do that too because now we're the Ghostbusters" not taking into account these kids will be dead before their movie even comes out where they could be recognized.
>>
Why an all female cast and have the originals make cameos?

Thru could have easily went the same direction the Extreme Ghostbusters cartoon did, with Ramis teaching the women

But nope, they just did a full blown gender swap reboot.

It's no secret why this movie doesn't have a trailer. It's going to be nothing but overboard slap stick and watered down rehashing off the jokes from the previous movies
>>
File: egon_spengler.jpg (8KB, 255x200px) Image search: [Google]
egon_spengler.jpg
8KB, 255x200px
>>64987200
That's a terrible idea least of which among the reasons being Ramis is dead you fucking retard!
Thread posts: 162
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.