[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if this is actually good? Will /tv/ blow their brains out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 26

File: Warcraft-Shoulders[1].jpg (192KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Warcraft-Shoulders[1].jpg
192KB, 1024x1024px
What if this is actually good? Will /tv/ blow their brains out?
>>
Probably not.
/vg/ on the other hand, probably will.

Also, isn't this being done by David Bowie's Son?
>>
>>64976741
Yes :(
>>
>>64976741
Yeah.
He did Moon and Source Code. Two really great films imo. I don't play WoW anymore but I've got high hopes for it anyway.
>>
File: Duncan.png (306KB, 678x635px) Image search: [Google]
Duncan.png
306KB, 678x635px
>>64976871
This broke my heart the other day. But I believe Duncan can pull it off with Warcraft!
>>
I hope it actually is good or at least does well. I hope it encourages studios to do more sword and sorcery type movies.
>>
>>64976688
Confirmation bias.
Even if it's good TV won't like it 'cause they're too edgy and pretentious.
>>
>>64976688
G O I N G T O B E D O G S H I T
>>
>>64976688
which one is the actual art? I hate blizzards oversized everything and everyone is buff artstyle. the one on the left looks much better to me
>>
File: shrugs.jpg (52KB, 500x682px) Image search: [Google]
shrugs.jpg
52KB, 500x682px
>>64976871
Oh cool, I didn't know that. Moon was fucking amazing.
Can't say i'm really hyped for this though.
It feels so... 'meh'.

I mean it looks great, but thats to be expected from Blizzard. They have more money than god and James Cameron combined, so of course its gonna look great.
Its just that everything else feels so safe and bland, like they're trying to go as 'generic fantasy' as they can get.
I'm concerned.
>>
File: duncan-jones-mute-warcraft[1].jpg (33KB, 620x320px) Image search: [Google]
duncan-jones-mute-warcraft[1].jpg
33KB, 620x320px
>>64976871
This was heartbreaking to me how his mother could leave him like this.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/angie-bowie-reveals-shes-fine-7176773
>>
>>64977403
I have hope that it will be amazing just like Moon. They left out a lot in the trailer I guess not to spoil things... there is no Medivh or Khadgdar, no arcane magic or fel magic. Only glimpses of Dwarves and Elves. One split second of Gul'Dan... they are trying real hard not to reveal the story line or outcome which I admire in today's cinema trailers.
>>
>>64976688
>what if a modern video game movie will be good?
>half the cast is CG
>muh swords and sorcery setting

Hahahah ohh you blizzard drones.
>>
>>64976688
this is one movie i will not go to the premiere due to the vast amount of mouth breathers, and smell of cheese doodles in the theater....it will practically be a virgin convention...i'll just wait a few weeks after to watch it with the rest of civilization
>>
I heard Bowie actually died of disgust when his son showed him an early cut.
>>
I stopped playing WoW like 8 years ago. Blizzard should be more focused on making a WoW II than a WoW movie.
>>
Why is his last name jones and not bowie?
>>
>>64976688
>what if it's good?

It won't be. I can't believe people actually think this movie has a chance.
>>
>>64978840

>wow 2

cancer
>>
>>64978854
because david bowie's real name is david robert jones
>>
>>64978854
bowie was performing as davy jones his real name and everyone was getting fucking confused because of the already famous davy jones
>>
>>64976688
does it make me a pleb if i like right over left?
>>
>>64976688
>watch out!!! theyre coming from your left!!
>fuck, i cant see! these big ass armored shoulder pads block out everyth-
>dead
>>
>>64978767
You guys are such jerks. Why do you think everything will fail? Star Wars did well and you all said it would fail... I don't trust you anymore
>>
>>64979747
>you all said it would fail
did you actually fall for that? or take that retarded ass comment seriously? please leave. you know the way out
>>
They made this about ten years too late tbqh

I'll watch it to see Ragnar Lothbrok smash orc pussy tho
>>
If /tv/ didn't kill itself after being utterly BTFO regarding Star Wars in every possible way, they never will
>>
>>64979747
Nobody with a brain would think that star wars would fail.

Is it a good film? Heck no. Is it a cool sci fi flick? Barely. Was it a safe as fuck disney star wars license and merchandise scheme? You betcha.

P.S. don't fall for memes.

>>64978767
Rude dude but I laughed.
>>
>>64979812
You are everything that is wrong with this board! An angry virgin... you need to seek the way out not me
>>
>>64980194
Stop being so dramatic you attention whore
>>
>>64980261
I just want to talk about the movie.. not about you being an angry virgin...
>>
>>64980009
In general, the mainstream capitalizes on things 5-10 years later than they get really big, in order to ensure a safe profit.

I'm actually kind of interested in this, if only because it seems that there will be some orc protagonists.

>>64980181
>Is it a good film? Heck no. Is it a cool sci fi flick? Barely. Was it a safe as fuck disney star wars license and merchandise scheme? You betcha.
This guy gets it
>>
>>64976856
>>64977006
You know there's going to be a dedication at the end of Warcraft. Which is fine but kind of lame cause it's Warcraft.
Here's hoping he ends off the credits of Mute with a "For Dad" or something.
>>
>>64976688
wow how is this possible? It looks realer than real
>>
>>64981653
>real orcs
back to /v/ you go
>>
FOUR MONTHS
FOUR MONTHS
FOUR MONTHS
FOUR MONTHS
>>
>>64977018
This. Expectations are low, but hope is high. I wish they had done it 10 years ago, but I'm all for a well done Warcraft movie in the present.

I've loved Fimmel in all I've seen him in.
>>
>>64977284
Same. Even when I played, I'd usually choose the smaller gear even if it meant slightly less stats.

That was before all this stupid fucking transmog shit. They shoulda just made all the high end stuff look good, instead of letting everyone pay to transmog tier shit into fucking lvl 42 quest gear.

It started as a status symbol for original lvl 60 tier gear, but it snowballed into a pile of shit.
>>
>>64977006
poor Duncan Jones, his wife had breast cancer two years ago and his father was dying from cancer.
>>
from what i've seen so far the movie looks pretty bad, it will not please the fans and the general public of normies dont care about this sort of stuff at all.
I was happy when they said it will be on par with LOTR in terms of CGI and costumes. But then i saw a trailer and it looks more like The Hobbit, which is not so good.
Then the story plot seems rather liberal propaganda once again, with humans being the bad guys and orcs niggers imagery pushed so far. Even there is a human orc racemix baby.... i mean

Sooooooo .. idk brotha
>>
Looks decent enough for Warcraft fans, but any high fantasy that's not lotr will be panned by "serious crickets"
>>
>>64976688
then it'll be the first... very unlikely
>>
>>64978767
Kek
>>
>>64982594
You're wrong with this plot. It's very different than portrayed in the trailer, I think the trailer was trying not to show so much.

>>64981939
I know about this, it is very sad. I feel very bad for him.

>>64980545
I have faith in Duncan...
>>
File: bowie.png (54KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
bowie.png
54KB, 1440x900px
>>
>>64980338
you might want to go back to reddit
>>
Too bad Warcraft is shit. Blizzard has never made a good game, they've produced a few sure though.
>>
They should have made starcraft into a movie. The first game actually has a realy goo story going on
>>
File: ejktqoq5z8vw58y0xfmr.jpg (41KB, 650x320px) Image search: [Google]
ejktqoq5z8vw58y0xfmr.jpg
41KB, 650x320px
Reminder.

>They initially tried to scout real locations for the forests and fields, but decided that the Warcraft world has a hyper-real element that could only be captured on a soundstage with a mix of practical and CG elements. There were only two days of location shooting for the entire production.
>>
>>64984147
hahahaha this guy plays candy crush
>>
>>64976688
If it is good /tv/ will love it for a week, then subsequently hate it forever after until a shitty reboot happens. Then they'll love this and hate the new one.

If it's terrible or gets less than stellar performance /tv/ will adore it.
>>
>>64984290
Honestly, WoW is cartoony as fuck looking. The only way to really capture its aesthetic would be to CG the hell out of everything.
>>
File: large[1].jpg (87KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
87KB, 1024x576px
>>64984290
I enjoy this. It separates itself from LOTR. Look at the orcs from Warcraft and LOTR, Warcraft orcs are monsters and huge beasts... but so much emotion portrayed in their faces.
>>
No point comparing this movie to LotR as it is not trying to be LotR, it's very different.

The similarities are superficial.
>>
>>64984695
I meant to post this one! His face in this scene is beautiful.
>>
>>64984695
>At least half the murlocs hasn't been aggroed yet
Immersion ruined
>>
>>64984622
The movie is not about Warcraft 3 or WoW, though.
>>
>>64985170
The entire franchise has always had a cartoony aesthetic. It doesn't matter what the game.

It only really got more "serious" looking in the cutscenes, particularly in Warcraft III, but they still kept many of the exaggerated design choices.
>>
>>64985234
What was cartoony about the scenery of Warcraft 1 and 2?

Ignoring things such as incongruent scales, which was due to the limitations of the genre (one wouldn't think AoE 2 was cartoony despite having horses the size of trees) and limited color palette.
>>
I plan on yelling shit like, "Heal Him!", "Res Him!" when appropriate. I'm pretty clever.
>>
>>64985234
The design of Wow was mainly cartoony (which I hate) in order to allow more computers be able to play it when it first came out. However, this hardware excuses is completely gone now and yet their new models are even more cartoony its so fucking dumb.
>>
File: war22.jpg (78KB, 666x504px) Image search: [Google]
war22.jpg
78KB, 666x504px
>>64985375
The games had distinctly exaggerated designs. Look at the buildings, the characters, the zeppelins, this wasn't realistic, it's fantasy.

It might have seemed more serious looking as a kid, but no, Warcraft never aimed for a realistic design aesthetic.
>>
>>64985536
I agree. People complaining just want to complain or want it to be LOTR 2.0... not gonna happen this way different
>>
>>64985379
you must be pretty popular
>>
Is the Scourge the common enemy of both humans and orcs in this movie?
>>
>>64985700
It's Warcraft I, so the Scourge isn't around.
>>
>>64985536
But that is not locations, which is what we were talking about (>>64984290). They could have easily used real forests and fields.

Even then, the orc units and structures were heavily inspired by barbarian/metal stuff of the time. Not sure if I'd call it cartoony or not but it has been done with practical effects in the past (Conan movies).

I agree creatures would have to be CG though.
>>
>>64976688

This will be considered good to everyone who isn't white.

>Chinese see Stormwind as evil white kingdom
>African Americans see Stormwind as evil white colonial empire
>Indians see Stormwind as evil white man
>Hispanics see Stormwind as evil white slave empire
>Arabs see Stormwind as evil Americans

Literally only half of a few countries will be rooting for Stormwind, while 98% of the populated world will root for the orcs.
>>
>>64985768
Listen, I am like, for practical effects, 90% of the time, but the thing is, part of what sold Warcraft and WoW, is the world.

Players from WoW might not know all the details of the story, but they know what Elwynn Forest looks like. They know what Westfall, and The Barrens, and all these places looked like. They were, and still are, iconic, and a lot of that shit can't really be replicated in the real world. One of the stated design goals was to make the movie look like the games, so that creates a bit of a rub.

See, there's no proper real world versions of a lot of the stuff in the games. Like, the trees in Elwynn don't exist, and while you could use any old place in British Columbia or whatever if you needed, that'd be kind of defeating the point.

It could end up all looking like crap, I'm not gonna deny it, but I understand from a logical point of view for the use of CG.

I mean, CG as a whole is one of the things Blizzard is heralded for, so trying to talk about practical stuff is kind of barking down the wrong ally in the first place with this franchise.
>>
>>64985823
I'm fairly sure that Stormwind and the Orcs are going to be working together at some point. It'd be the only way they could be portrayed as sympathetic in a way that people can relate to.

Also, in a conflict between a human and non-human, people usually root for the human characters on an instinctual level, since we are also humans. Race just makes them *more* relatable, and really, only the SJWs complain about shit like this in a fucking fantasy movie. So cut that /pol/ tier shit out with "the evil white man."
I mean, for crying out loud the MCU has a fucking guy named CAPTAIN AMERICA and I'm pretty sure that didn't hurt box office sales for Marvel movies.
>>
>>64978854
As others have said, bowie's original surname was Jones. Also I'm pretty sure Duncan was born Zowie Bowie
>>
>>64986071

How do you not know that the entire Warcraft franchise is a tragic saga about the orc race? The movies will quite literally demonize the white man, and it will literally work in every country that isn't run by white people.
>>
>>64985823
Aren't there brown people in this movie? I'm not talking about the orcs either.
>>
>>64985903
If there's no proper Crossroads or Goldshire I'm going to walk out of the theater.
>>
>>64986233

There are people of color in the other nations when they showed the representatives of the other human nations in the trailer. But they also showed those same representatives in the speech scene, so they're essential complying with the evil militant white man kingdom.
>>
>>64986152
Well, for starters, I haven't ever played Warcraft and don't know jack about the storyline.
And I have no idea if you're being sarcastic or not, so I'm taking your 'summary' with a grain of salt.
>There are people of color in the other nations when they showed the representatives of the other human nations in the trailer.
Which will at least get a nice little bit of screen time to make foreign audiences relate to them. (More so than orcs, anyways.)

Which renders your arguments about "evil white men" mostly moot.
(Seriously, go back to /pol/.)
>>
>>64986266
there is a goldshire sex scene
>>
>>64986348

>Well, for starters, I haven't ever played Warcraft and don't know jack about the storyline.
>I'm going to seriously discuss the movie's storyline anyway and dismiss any arguments with memes.

the average /tv/ poster
>>
>>
>>64986535
I would
>>
>>
>>64986397 and I guess >>64981685 >>64985441 >>64985379 >>64986266 >>64984301

Newsflash: this movie is being made for normies who don't know jack about/have never played Warcraft.

It's not being made for the niche demographic of nerds on the Internet, it's being made for people with a passing interest in fantasy to hook them into playing Warcraft, or World of Warcraft, or whatever.

This movie is not getting made for you. It's getting made for the average poster on Facebook, nevermind /tv/.
>>
>>
>>64986619
almost every movie is made for normies you f***king idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
its going to be a 2 hour video game cutscene
If I wanted that I would play the new metal gear solid
>>
>>
>>64986619
>this movie is being made for normies who don't know jack about/have never played Warcraft.

you're a moron if you believe that
its being made for the video game crowd who know WoW but cut down to shit so that it can be marketed for the normies
>>
>>64986535
no orc milf to bang :(
>>
File: shaman08-full.jpg (146KB, 836x1088px) Image search: [Google]
shaman08-full.jpg
146KB, 836x1088px
>>
>>64978468
Underated post
>>
>>64976688
I feel like this movie would be good if the studio let Jonson do what he wants and not butcher the production to pander to normalfags like it happened with Ant-Man and Fantastic Four.
>>
>>64987030
>Jonson
Who's this?

Pic related
Is this a dwarf on the left hand side?
>>
>>64976688
Doesn't matter if its good or bad
/tv/ will love it if most people hate it; hate it if most people like it
screenshot this
>>
>>64987306
If you open up the image and zoom in you'll see that it's Orgrim doomhammer
>>
>>64987306
the grey-beard guy? Thats just an older orc
>>
>>64987362
Oh shit, wrong character famm, but it's one orc I can't remember the name of but he's carrying doomhammer
>>
If it's good it'll bring a fad of shitty video game movies
If it's bad, it's bad
>>
>>64987306
>Jonson
Sorry, Jones, I forgot his name.
>>
>>64985823
Protip: The chinese, niggers, indians, hispanics and arabs all see themselves as the glorious white kingdom.
>>
>>64976688
>What if this is actually good?
I fully expect it to be good
t o b e h o n e s t
only because it has alot of CGI and is Warcraft doesn't mean it will be bad, especially since Metzen is not writing it
>>
>>64985536
>"WE'RE BEING ATTACKED!"
>>
>>64979747

No one thought Star Wars would fail. They thought it wouldn't be very good. It wasn't. Still better than the prequels (in some ways) but not good.

Remember that the prequels did well. They didn't fail. They were only looked down upon after the high had faded and people realized what they had actually watched.

I fully expect the new star wars sequels to get the same treatment, because *insert all the problems i had with that film grimbly-pimbly-bim*.
>>
>>64987449
It was more like
>Well, phantom menace wasn't really good, the next movie surely will be much better
>Well, attack of the clones wasn't really good, even worse, the next movie will surely be much better, might as well see how it ends since I invested this time anyway
>RotS was pretty alright I guess
>>
>>64986722

shhhh he doesn't know about China leave him alone
>>
>>64976688
This looks so mediocre, I just can't imagine how it could turn out good. Sucks cause I liked both of his movies before and he wasted like fucking 6 years on this.
>>
Hope the next trailer salvages my hopes for this
>>
>>64986619
b-but anon, Ner'zhul is in the trailer!
>>
>>64976688
probably be decent enough it doesn't look like b rated shits like the past video game adaptions
>>
>>64980545
>credits roll
>the laughing gnome starts playing
>>
I want it to be good, but coming from someone that's an addict and still plays WoW, I'm not convinced of the writing.

If it's being written by someone outside of Blizzard, then maybe.
>>
File: 2867856-orgrim.jpg (94KB, 819x1024px) Image search: [Google]
2867856-orgrim.jpg
94KB, 819x1024px
I was pretty impressed with the work on the Orcs.
They actually look breddy good.

I hope it's at the very least, not a flop.
>>
>>64984695
Very Moses, which is nice considering Thrall's role as future saviour of the peaceful shamanic orc peoples
>>
>floating dalaran
>>
>>64976688
how? visually it will be a generic CGI high fantasy shit fest, whats gonna save it? writing? acting? viewers would be lucky of acting and writing dont further rag it down, but it surely wont elevate it
>>
>>64978840
Warcraft IV you mean. They should declare WoW non-canon while they're at it so they actually have a universe to work with where half the characters haven't been randomly murdered in raids.
>>
>>64979747
Because it looks about as well done as Battlefield Eearth and the source material is about as good
>>
>>64989994
I do hope this is bait.
>>
>>64990654

You are aware his official title is World Shaman, right?
>>
>>64990654
I'd be more inclined to thinking you not knowing that's bait is bait
>>
>>64985700
>Is the Scourge the common enemy of both humans and orcs in this movie?

Scourge won't exist until at least 2 or three movies from this one.
>>
File: doomhammerventriloquist.jpg (111KB, 1015x346px) Image search: [Google]
doomhammerventriloquist.jpg
111KB, 1015x346px
>>64987306
Is that Black Hand?
>>
>>64985234
>The entire franchise has always had a cartoony aesthetic. It doesn't matter what the game.
>It only really got more "serious" looking in the cutscenes, particularly in Warcraft III, but they still kept many of the exaggerated design choices.

That still doesn't mean you have to maintain if for a movie. What works in vidya doesn't necessarily work on film.
>>
>>64986960

>>64978468 (You)
>>
>>64987385
drek'thar?
>>
The movie should have come out 5 years ago when WoW was still relevant.
>>
File: Warcraft Trailer - meeting.webm (2MB, 1600x660px) Image search: [Google]
Warcraft Trailer - meeting.webm
2MB, 1600x660px
>>64987306
>>64991164
definitely looks like Drek'thar.

He's is this webm just barely to the right
>>
>>64990789
that's just some grunt, probably from the Blackrock clan though.

Blackhand is at 4 seconds
>>
>>64976688
>What if this is actually good?

What if the massive shit that i'm about to drop smells like roses and sparkles like gold? Can i sell it at good price?
>>
So who are the orcs and humans teaming up against? (in the trailer it says enemies become friends)
>>
>>64992223
there are brown orcs and there are green ones.
The green ones are the corrupted ones, they drank demon blood, went all bloodthirsty and genocided the races of their own planet and then looked for new ones to invade.

The brown ones are mainly of the frostwolf clan, they got exiled because their leader refused to drink from the demon blood.

It will be brown orcs + humans vs green orcs + demonic support
>>
>>64992407
Yeah, but the orcs were already bloodthirsty barbarians, which was why they were easily tricked by the orc warlock in cahoots with the demons to drink the demon blood for power in the first place
>>
>>64992501
They were led to believe that the Draenei were plotting to kill them all so they struck first
>>
>Make a fantasy film which you want normies as well as your hardcore fanbase to like
>make it about the fucking Orcs

WarCraft III would have made much more sense. WoW was most popular during Wrath, so Arthas would have made a good antihero - and for those with no connection to Warcraft whatsoever, WCIII has two flavours of Elves. People like Elves.
>>
>>64992501
>Yeah, but the orcs were already bloodthirsty barbarians, which was why they were easily tricked by the orc warlock in cahoots with the demons to drink the demon blood for power in the first place

Im actually pretty sure they were "peaceful shamans coexisting with the exiled draenei" before ner'zhul started listening to demon voices that he believed to be the spirits of his ancestors.
Once he realized his mistake it was already too late since Gul'dan has started to willingly take orders from demons in exchange for promisses of power.
>>
>>64987449
Le prequels are bad meme hahahaha XD
>>
>>64992634
>peaceful shamans coexisting with the exiled draenei
Orcish propaganda
>>
>>64992679
Stop
>>
>>64992558
I would have like a WCIII movie. I hope by starting at WCI they plan to make them all. Was WCII just detailing the second war with the humans trying to take back stormwind etc?
>>
>>64976871
Moon was unoriginality: the movie. Haven't seen Source Code but I can't imagine it being much better, especially with the done-to-death time loop premise. Nothing against the guy, I think he's a nice chap, but he's no Bergman or anything.

>>64977465
She didn't leave him, Bowie got sole custody of him as a child. Not sure what the whole story is, but according to that article he's the one who didn't want to see her.
>>
>>64991855
how the fuck do femalde orcs handle the bgc?
when will we get warhammer movie instead of muricuck "fantasy" faggotry.
>>
>>64984919
> pierced tooth
Do you want infections? Because that's how you get infections
>>
>>64986678
puppy!
>>
>>64992901
That's a tusk
>>
>>64992771
>when will we get warhammer movie
go back to painting dollies
>>
>>64976688
What's with the bigger pauldrons? They following 40k logic, where bigger pauldrons means a more important and badass dude?
>>
Why do you fags complain about CG when the only thing Blizz can do well is CG?
>>
>>64992501
>Yeah, but the orcs were already bloodthirsty barbarians

This just confirms that you know jackshit about Warcraft lore, just stop posting.
>>
>>64992946
> that's autism

go outside and play
>>
>>64993084
You know tusks are not composed of the same materials at all so this isn't autistic semantics but you being retarded?
>>
>>64992501
Nah matre, those type of orcs are from stuff like warhammer fantasy.
Warcraft's orcs are noble savages, not murderous brutes.
>>
>>64993141
>Implying the orcs didn't genocide the Draenei before going demon-blood
>>
>>64993273
That's because their most respected shaman, Ner'zhul, was tricked by Kil'jaeden into it.
>>
>>64985441
Not really? WoW's specs are close to what is recommended for Skyrim. MMOs don't run like other games. The constant communication and ping between your server and the computers slows everything down much more than an online shooter or fighting game would. And yeah, a lot of people have a computer beefy enough to play Skyrim at this point, but going more realistic would only A. cut out a portion of their player-base that doesn't have a good computer and B. show everyone how shitty their graphics engine is.

The graphics engine needs to die. It has more patches and problems than my 05 torus with a salvaged title.
>>
>>64993111
"Tusks are elongated, continuously growing front teeth"

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=what+are+tusks+made+of&oq=what+are+tusks+made+of&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60j69i59l2j69i60l2.2418j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=are+tusks+and+teeth+the+same+

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tusk
>>
>>64993273
Yes, and?
Compared to something like warhammer orcs and orks, they're still noble savages. When the competition is races that only exist to WAAGH, welcoming and approving any mucking about makes you a noble savage, in orc terms at least.
>>
>>64993408
Wow how autistic is this guy
>>
>>64993323
>Implying any orc with an ounce of nobility would second guess Ner'zhul.

You have Durotan and... that's it. Out of a whole planet of orcs only one says "maybe we shouldn't kill an entire race that has been nothing but peaceful and helpfull to us just because Mein Shaman said so."

And the Durotan thing is a WoW addition to make Green Jesus's dad, Green Joseph, seem nicer.
>>
>>64993448
Turns out it was bullshit autistic semantics, surprise surprise.
>>
File: 1401044295116.jpg (7KB, 321x306px) Image search: [Google]
1401044295116.jpg
7KB, 321x306px
>>64993481
>Out of a whole planet of orcs only one says

You forgot the entire frostwolf clan and Ogrim Doomhammer.

>And the Durotan thing is a WoW addition to make Green Jesus's dad, Green Joseph, seem nicer.

Now you're just embarassing yourself, Durotan is Thrall's father you dumb shit.
>>
File: ladcraft.jpg (284KB, 512x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ladcraft.jpg
284KB, 512x1024px
it begins
>>
>>64993481
Also Ner'zhul never followed Kil'jaeden willingly, once he realized that he fucked up, he tried to fix things up but Gul'dan stopped him before he could.
>>
File: image.jpg (111KB, 1072x686px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 1072x686px
>>64993608
>>
>>64993587
It was just Durotan, Ogrim was all for murdering Draenei en mass and does it, a lot.

>Durotan is Thrall's father you dumb shit
That's what I said? Damn nigga you need to what you're replying to before you shitpost.
>>
>>64993508
This autist actually spent time trying to prove a retard wrong
>>
>>64993682
>It was just Durotan, Ogrim was all for murdering Draenei en mass and does it, a lot.

I'm just gonna say the first thing I said to you in this thread, you don't know jack shit about the Warcraft lore.
>>
More importantly, will they take advantage of the publicity to make Warcraft IV
>>
>>64993640
Never said he did. But he did listen to KJ disguised as the spirit of his dead wife when he told him to kill the Draenei and he is like "yeah, alright." And the book even goes into how he enjoyed the attention, prestige, and power that came with getting orders directly from the 'spirits'. He does try to back out when he finds out it's KJ, but he only tries to back himself out and fuck off to all the orcs. Ner'zhul is a villain, a tragic one yes, but a selfish, ruthless villain. As are most of the orcs before Thrall rescued them from the camps and took them to Durotar.
>>
>>64993749
>time
>forty five seconds on google at 3:30am when I'm on /tv to shitpost
> ???
>>
>>64993768
>He was horrified when the ancestors greeted him as a monster and when the real Rulkan revealed that Kil'jaeden had been manipulating him all along.

>Ner'zhul resolved to defy his demon master but Gul'dan, his apprentice, had followed him and eavesdropped on Ner'Zhul's conversation with the ancestors.

>Kil'jaeden forced Ner'zhul to watch helplessly as the orcs slid into bloodlust and warlock magic. He was powerless to stop the rise of the Shadow Council, privy to all their secrets but able to reveal none.

You're so wrong it hurts
>>
>>64980035
Star wars is an established franchise. Everyone could see it was going to succeed.

Warcraft is the only blockbuster movie coming out this year that isn't from an established movie franchise.
>>
>>64993843
You're missing the point man, if

>>64992946
is autistic for "correcting" you, then you going out of your way even slightly to prove THEM wrong is autistic doubly so.
>>
Do you think it would be better or worse if Raimi had done it? Raimi would have gotten it out like 6 or so years ago back when he was gonna do it plus I think he'd get the tone dead right.
>>
>>64993931
He wasn't correcting me, that was someone else, I just chimed in. He said that it wasn't autistic semantics, I'm disagreeing and saying it definitely is all just autistic semantics
>>
>>64993759
>implying the rts genre isn't dead
>>
If its shit, /tv/ will just say I told ya so and go on with their lives.

If its good we will have a few threads saying its good for the 1st few days, then we will consistently have 3 or more threads talking about how absolutely shit it was+ a new forced meme thread.
>>
>>64993903
Holy fuck way to cherry pick. I don't even have to grab specific qoutes to back me up because Ner'zhul being selfish and craving power is the entire fucking plot of WC2.
>>
It's going to have amazing CGI, which will probably be its main draw for most people. The story looks like BvS on a bigger scale, Orcs and Humans fight but then join together to fight a bigger enemy, Gul'Dan or however it's spelt. Considering how many WoW autists there are, and how many Hearthstone streamers will shill for it, the film will make decent profits but I don't think it will really succeed amongst normies.
>>
>>64994146
Now you're moving the goal post, I was trying to prove you wrong on this statement of yours

>Ner'zhul is a villain, a tragic one yes, but a selfish, ruthless villain.

Here's a friendly advice, next time you see a discussion about a topic you know nothing about, just walk away.
>>
>>64976688
deep symbolism, amazing!
big shoulderpads=heavy weight on his shoulders
poetry, my friends.
>>
I'll enjoy it and there's nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>64984919
human eyes.. looks so bad
>>
>>64992763
No one is saying he's a Bergman, he's an alright director and an alright bloke that didn't cash in his father's fame.

I think Moon is quite a decent flick, personally, but to each his own.
>>
Who is the main human protagonist? Is it menethil?
>>
>>64993608
>>64993645

How do they explain the massive shoulder pads?
>>
>>64976688
It will be good and /tv/ doesn't give a shit about this movie either way
>>
I don't care that much for Warcraft or this movie, but it's probably just gonna be decent.

Nothing spectacular, nothing really horrible, just ok. People aren't gonna swarm to it because it's Warcraft and Warcraft fans will cry "muh lore" when it releases, so it will probably kinda flop.

Story will probably be some safe, run of the mill plot with too much whitewash.

Anyway, those are my predictions, it feels like it's gonna be at least tough for /tv/ to hate it/love it.
>>
File: 1443501122521.gif (208KB, 323x221px) Image search: [Google]
1443501122521.gif
208KB, 323x221px
>>64994197
Jesus anon, why not use that liberal arts degree for things other than arguing on the internet? Ignoring your logical fallacies and master suppression techniques, at no point, save for before the story even begane, could Ner'zhul be called anything but a villain. He started going downhill in pre-WC1, fucked off while Gul'dan ran the horde during WC1, and then went full evil in WC2 before ultimately becoming the Lich King, an embodiment of evil.

>The other orcs are lost. They have served their purpose. From this point on, all that we gain will be ours alone. I am the Horde, and I will survive. Choose me, or choose death!

Just fuck off, mate.
>>
>>64976688

The retarded retcon robs the orcs of any true pity. Making Thrall's redemption less interesting.
>>
>>64989780
Wait, WoW is still alive? Holy shit. Do they just hand artifacts out to level 10's at this point?

Also movie better include night elf dance scene with Alizee or I'm walking out.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (26KB, 532x448px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
26KB, 532x448px
UNCLE LOTHAR WANTS YOU!
>>
>>64994536

I pointed out Ner'zhul's beginning as a genuinely good orc shaman because of what you said, the orcs genocided the draeneis not because they were bloodthirsty barbarians, it's because they're dumb, Ner'zhul was vain, yes but calling him a ruthless villain in Rise of the Horde? That's just plain fucking retarded.

>Ignoring your logical fallacies

Point them out.
>>
>>64994477
The bigger the pauldrons the more important of a person you are.
>>
I hope it's good for the sake of all the WoWfags but it looks like dogshit from the trailers.
>>
>>64976688
Lore was already raped for the movie, it's gonna be shit.
>>
>>64994747
That model and textures are so ass it hurts.
>>
>>64994873
Well the game did come out in 2004, and MMOs generally look like ass to accommodate large amounts of players.
>>
File: 1448397200633.jpg (57KB, 548x531px) Image search: [Google]
1448397200633.jpg
57KB, 548x531px
>no faggot elves
couldn't care less about the movie
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m59oTieJFF4

Better
Thread posts: 198
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.