[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Prometheus rip off that android's head? Why does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 15

Why did Prometheus rip off that android's head? Why does he hate us so much?
>>
>>64943325
tune in next week on L O S T in space to find out xD
>>
>why did Prometheus
nice bait.
>>
Because hair TRIGGERS Prometheus
>>
and then we can see what happened 2 years before the head pulling and have to tune in the week after to actually find out...maybe more depending on how many hatches we find.
>>
>>64943435
What
>>
>>64943325
Man this would have been cool if it were in any other fucking movie. They missed the point of Alien by a thousand miles
>>
I never got all the hate for this movie.
>>
>>64943325

Someone shoop a basketball in his hands, Engineer versus Roaches 2k16
>>
>>64943501
COME ON AND SLAM
>>
File: eggyneer faec.jpg (36KB, 253x297px) Image search: [Google]
eggyneer faec.jpg
36KB, 253x297px
Why did they have to explain where the xenomorphs came from?
Why did they have to make the space jockey into a blad albino that's a bit tall?
Why did it have to be about the origins of humanity or whatever?
Why did the guy want to touch the vagina snake?
Why did ginger weedman become a zombie?
Why?
>>
>>64943645
Because anon, reasons.
>>
>>64943325
The android accidentally called him the equivalent of "nigger" in their language or something. I dunno maybe its due to the fact that this guy was in an installation that was one giant bioweapon? He probably enjoyed his job immensely. He's like one of those extremely racist patriotic border patrol guards in Texas, except he's from space.
>>
Prometheus is a very good looking film. Shame the writing was so shit.
>>
The cyborg is the main protagonist in the movie. The engineer identifies it as the most advanced lifeform in the room which could actually pose a threat so he decides to kill it
>>
The only time I saw this movie was on TV. It was playing while I was visiting my grandfather and he started watching it.

I honestly got lost once or twice while watching it because it felt like scenes were missing and situations were occurring for absolutely no reason at all or only because characters were making the worst possible decisions.

Maybe it was just edited weird because it was on TV.
>>
the thing is, he got woken up from cryosleep and just before he got into cryo his mission to destroy our planet. Everything was still fresh in his mind

he actually handled it better than most give him credit for, since he allowed the humans a moment to explain themselves

but since all he saw was incompetence and arrogance ('hey superior species, can we be immortal?') he thought 'naw' and went about continueing his mission
>>
>>64943325
According to the book its because the Jews killed Jesus who was a very important engineer that was sent here to guide us
>>
did prometheus even know he was a robot?
>>
>>64945629
Writting was excellent. A drama happening every two seconds it was the most enjoyable film i've seen. It's like "dont go to space or else we gonna fuck you shit up, pasty human nigger"
>>
He was mad that humans had created life.

I think there's a deleted scene with them talking to each other.
>>
He knew the android was a superior lifeform because it could play basketball one handed while riding a bike
>>
Earth and humans were about to get destroyed by them before they had a problem on that base with the black goo and then all died or went into space coma. Humans waked him up from his coma and he automatically followed his last orders i.e to destroy human specy

it's literally INSIDE the film, like when you watch it, you get to see those parts on screen.
Sorry for your visual disability, must be hard to type in sign language
>>
>>64943450
lindelof
>>
David fucked up his translation and actrully said "Hey cunt! We are here to fuck your shit up and rape you mothers corps!"
>>
>>64946822
>corps
>>
File: Enagine.png (47KB, 1157x236px) Image search: [Google]
Enagine.png
47KB, 1157x236px
All your answers are in this cap
>>
>>64946011
That was nice scene, it should have been in the movie.
>>
>>64943325
thats a story for another time (0_0)
>>
>>64943474
it's not supposed to be about alien you retard
>>
he prefers iphones
>>
>>64943474
Yeah, that bit was legitimately good. Most of the movie was pretty garbage though.

>>64943325
The fact that they don't really explain that is probably the best thing about the movie. But then they absolutely wrecked that by setting up a sequel.
>>
>>64943325
He got sick of /r9k/
>>
>>64943383

I'm still dying from this
>>
Ridley said basically it was the equivalent of you swatting a mosquito.
>>
File: chinese hamster.jpg (147KB, 1024x1305px) Image search: [Google]
chinese hamster.jpg
147KB, 1024x1305px
>>64943414
>>
Because of our freedom op
>>
>>64943325

>Engineers create glorious new biological life form
>biological life form thinks it's top shit because it made shit-tier mechanical beings
>first contact is literally the Engineers' creation showing up to use their robots to beg the Engineers for eternal life

I could see them raging over the entitlement alone. But it's possible that the Engineers believe organic life is superior to mechanical life and that part of the natural order is eventual death.
>>
>>64943325
*freeze frame*

Whoa whoa whoooaaa Im sure you're wondering how I got in this unfortunate predicament! We're going to have to wind back...and I mean wayyyyy back!
>>
>>64948373

These get less and less funny, and if you don't agree that it is you're a reddit SJW cuck tumblrfag
>>
>>64946887
Its directly related to alien you fucking retard. They just fucked the movie up.
>>
>>64943325
Humans are a failed experiment. We killed one of them about 2000 years ago. Around that time they wanted to destroy us with biological weapons. Something happend on this facility and it didnt launch their weapons at us. This 'prometheus' woke up and seeing the creatures he wanted to destroy. But all he knows is that these creatures are still stuck in the dark ages. No space fare. He is puzzled, maybe miss judged? David said something to confirm we are still mentally stuck in the dark ages. Selfish, egotistical, useless.

He understands we still need to be destroyed before we ruin/infect more planets. Our only hope is that we atone for our ways. Redemption.

Super christian stuff.
Damn I like this movie.
>>
>>64943325
The title of the movement is the name of the ship

Nice attempt tho
>>
>no Prometheus 2: Marine Engineers
>dropped straight into an ayylmao infested planet
>>
>>64948502

>We killed one of them about 2000 years ago

How did Jesus-Engineer pass as human
>>
big guy
>>
>>64948551
Has Jesus's looks been described in the bible? Also they may have implanted engineer/human dna mix in mary and contacted him/taught him in the years that jesus goes missing in the bible. All these talks and prayers with God...

I hope prometheus 2 touches upon this. So much lore. I can't wait for it.
>>
>Scientists asking stuff like "what happens when we die??!?!?"
>"Because It's what I choose to believe!"
>That Darwin reference
>AIs of course have no "souls"

Movie was made for uneducated Americans.
>>
>>64943325
He thought germans like fassbender were subhumans.
>>
>>64948637
>Has Jesus's looks been described in the bible?

Hair of wool, skin of bronze
>>
>What was the point of showing the alien sacrificing himself at the beginning of the movie and showing the creation of new life on a planet, whether it was Earth or not, when the main mystery of the movie was discovering if such an event ever happened with humanity? By the end of the film we're left with a conclusion that we've already drawn.

>Why did Weyland invest a trillion dollars into an expedition to an alien world that, for all anyone knew, was uninhabited? On top of that, why did he accompany the Prometheus to said planet when it is established that he is extremely close to death? The shock of coming out of hypersleep was revealed at the beginning of the movie and something like that could very easily kill a man of his age

>Why did the weird tattoo guy who got acid sprayed all over his face come back to life as a horrifying monster but not the guy who had an alien snake-penis shoved down his throat?

>Why did David infect Noomi Rapace's boyfriend with the space goo? How did he know what was going to happen and why did he have a change of heart by the end of the film?

>Why does a super intelligent race create the life goo to have negative side effects?

>Why would a creature that's been asleep for 2000 years suddenly attack things that are now intelligent enough to come and find it?
>>
>>64948706

>Why did Charlie ask to die? Did he know what effect his infection would have on him? He sort of looked like an engineer before he died. Why did the symptoms of his transformation seem to look like the dissolving effects of the substance drunk by the engineer in the beginning?

>Was that first substance the same goo? What made the engineers head explode? Why were the other bodies bursted as though they were infected?

>Why does the goo make certain creatures reproduce on a 1:1 basis (the maggots in the beginning get changed to the snake things right? They impregnate and another one pops out) whereas others have an intermediate face hugger stage?

>Why does the effect of the goo seem so random and crafted for the se purpose of advancing the shitty plot?
>>
>>64943325
Because as is the case with these things he was making a display of his violent toxic masculinity to sell the patriarchal idea that being better and more advanced is being dominating and aggressive.
The movie's entire premise is belittling feminine ideas with rape analogies and displays of disgusting violent cis-normative actions.
>>
>>64948744

>burn shaw's hsubando

>let zombie geologist onto the ship

>david opens the egg room door

>everyone inhales the gas instead of putting their masks back on

>david says "oops" while no one bothers to send him back to the ship for being a threat to the team

>Being freaked out by tons of dead aliens but not being scared of a live (and arguably hostile-looking) one

>Not telling your crew mates that you are very ill, and using the magical healing pod that is calibrated for a male patient
>>
>>64948673
I don't think so. This movie was made to discuss ethics religion and science. Part of the US is atheist, putting their faith into scientific development. Part of the US is religious, fanatically so perhaps. Putting their faith in the belief there is abigger plan for us. Then there are people who are a mixture of both. Science explaining what it can but religion fills in the holes and calms their insecurities.

What if all these worlds collide? This is the heart of Prometheus.
>>
>>64948706
He realised everyone liked the mystery of the Engineer in Alien, so he threw a load of unanswered crap in to make it better than Alien.
>>
>>64948401
>if you don't agree that it is you're a reddit SJW cuck tumblrfag
>all them buzzwords
but agree the humor is very tiring to hear
>>
>>64948696
Wigs and skin colouring, holographic projections. A species so advanced can easily manage it. Also, this may have been written to make christians more easily identify with jesus. Its more abouth the main message: "Do unto others as you would do unto yourself etc. ". Then it is about, jesus was tall and kind of grey, but a pretty cool guy.
>>
>>64943325
Synth scum are a threat to the security of the entire universe. They need to be removed along with their creators.

AD VICTORIAM!
>>
>>64948806
The mysteries in Alien did not hold up the film's logic. The mysteries made it strange and ethereal. "Who are the Space Jockeys", "Why was there a ship full of eggs", "Where did the aliens come from" are cool questions for another time

They did not keep Alien from being a good horror and sci-fi film

Prometheus' questions are all faults of logic. "Why the hell would this happen this time, but this happen another time" does not make your setting look cool and mysterious

It frustrates the audience by presenting them with a film where 'rules' don't need to be followed
>>
Alien 5 is on hold till after Alien:Covenant because Ridley has done something so crazy with the story.
http://screenrant.com/alien-5-neill-blomkamp-on-hold-prometheus-2/
>>
>>64943645
Because that's the
>redpill
>>
>>64948673
white americans are more intelligent than yuropoor fucking peasant subhumans that need 28 countries to compete. keep trying, yuroinferior
>>
>>64948888
Maybe it's more about the greater message in the film, then it is about small plot points or logic faults? Perhaps it's micking something? All religious texts.. or early scientific theories, before they are dissproved? The earth is flat..sun revolves around earth etc.
Maybe its to stimulate the viewer to think deeper, harder about religion and science? What if we believe isn't or should not be written in stone? Maybe it teaches us to not focus on the small logic or plot faults, but to look for a deeper message.
>>
>>64949047
Not that much difference in IQ between white americans and white europeans. We need to work together for scientific and religious progress, not fight each other.
>>
>>64943645
This. And then you see Ridley saying shit like "Why nobody wonders where the xenomorphs came from/why/how they were created?". Fuck, because nobody wants to know, that's why.
>>
>>64949138
there's no working together with people (yuropoors) who believe government is the answer to everything and should control us. yuropoors will drag us all back to the times of kings and queens
>>
>>64948996
Is it really being called Alien:paradise lost? I wish they let the alien tag go. This dissapointd many prometheus viewers expecting alien(s) survival horror. Give it to flowercamp if he promises no die antwoord shitty actors in it.
>>
>>64949340
http://www.scified.com/prometheusmovies/has-ridley-scott-changed-the-title-for-his-prometheus-sequel-to-alien-covenant
>>
>>64943325
I think he was offended that we sent a puppet to talk to him. They probably don't like mechanical technology, preferring biological manipulation.
>>
>>64949324
I am a yuropoor, and I'm jealous of a country that doesn't need its government to control them. So no, I don't thonk I'm alone. And I think your assumption is false.
>>
>aliens created the human race
>ham fisted attempts at stapling Christianity symbolism and messages to the shit show

the shitty fucking movie just needed time travel and it would have contained all of my least favourite scifi tropes
>>
>>64949378
Thanks a bunch. Covenant or paradise lost are both fine. Just the alien tag bothers me.
>>
>>64943325
I think it's because he put himself in that capsule thing a long time ago to be protected from the alien things or something, who probably killed the other Engineers. So he was upset that they woke him up and now he has no protection and etc
>>
File: Ancient_Alien_Theory.webm (3MB, 720x300px) Image search: [Google]
Ancient_Alien_Theory.webm
3MB, 720x300px
Prometheus died for our sins
>>
File: 1089.gif (850KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1089.gif
850KB, 320x320px
>>64947794

Good analysis.
>>
>>64949324
>>64949047
Shut your fat nigger mouth dumbcunt! USA will burn into flames while EU will still be there in 10 000 more years.
USA is a power only since end of wwII it's 70 years.

SEVENTY . FUCKING . YEARS

EAT MY CUM NIGGER

enjoy being a white diversity in two years, fat face
>>
>>64949629
Great bait m8.
Thanks to you the foundation of star fleet has been moved back 2 years.
>>
>>64949564
Yes. Several times.
>>
>>64949682
fuck you
>>
>>64949710
What great wit.
The EU is still a fumbling slightly more then a trade union. When we (yuropoor here) are faced with a real problem like the refugee crisis or financial crisis we almost fall apart. If you are talking specific european countries still existing for a long time, Ill agree. But the EU in all its glorious stumbling red tape producing administrative hell hole? Not so sure. Also why are you mad at the US for? Atleast they founded a functioning real union of states, nothing like the EU.i
>>
File: 1367711971056.jpg (50KB, 407x574px) Image search: [Google]
1367711971056.jpg
50KB, 407x574px
>>64943325

One one level, Prometheus is a re-telling of Milton's "Paradise Lost":

>Engineers are YHWH
>David 8 is Lucifer...proud, vain and disgusted at his servility as an "angel" to inferior, lesser beings (men)
>Elizabeth and Charlie are Adam and Eve
>the fruit of the Tree Of Life is the black goo, "offered" by David 8 (Lucifer) to Charlie (Adam), which he shares with Liz (Eve)

Just like the Old Testament, YHWH (the Engineer) spergs out at their treachery, and casts down (rips the head off of) Lucifer (David 8)...

He then launches his ship, intent on cleansing Earth with a flood, Noah's Ark style...
>>
>>64949851
the USA has like 230 years of existence as a country. Give more time to the EU.
And stop being such a Murican ass licker holy shit I bet you're like an eastern cunt and you dream of being rich or something, you think USA = easy money, free 10/10 bitches, parties like Projet X twice a day.
Get that fucking hollywood imagery off your brain
>>
>>64949867
In Paradise Lost the serpent (Lucifer) tempts Eve who eats of the fruit first and then bring it to Adam. You got it backwards on that detail.
>>
>>64949095
Nah, quadsman was right. Best test of a movie is whether or not it follows it's own internal ligic, and this film did not.
>>
File: 1406852606275.jpg (25KB, 310x411px) Image search: [Google]
1406852606275.jpg
25KB, 310x411px
>>64949629
>USA will burn into flames while EU will still be there in 10 000 more years.

>all the US had to do to get on top was watch the stupid Euros go to war and utterly destroy their continent (twice)
>Germany started it both times
>they're doing it again...Merkel has already taken over Europe with banks instead of bombs, then bringing in the refugee manpower to exploit as the necessary cheap labor to stay on top
>they're re-arming, too
>>
File: ayy lmao.gif (1MB, 364x188px) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.gif
1MB, 364x188px
>>64950120

>props for staying awake in Lit class

She initiated intercourse with by butthurting over her barren vagoo, maybe, leading to the fall of Man?

And she has a virgin birth...is pic related therefore Jesus?

Muh theory is a work in progress...
>>
>>64946856
Woah, that makes sense.
>>
>>64943325
>100% similarity with human dna
>they clearly arent human
Lindelof has no clue what dna actually is, does he?
>>
>>64950036
I had wonderd if I should mention I'm from western europe because I had anticipated such a response. The anon I was responding to had such a unbased hate to the US while gloryfying the EU I wanted to point out his fallacy.
Also I feel the EU had too much time already. It cannot handle crisises. It exists of many states with wildly different cultures, economies and most of all languages.

Anyway, back to prometheus.
>>
>>64949867
I like the way you think..
>>
>be space jockey
>see shipmates killed by ayyliens
>see best friend killed by sliding door
>decide to lie down
>forgot to set alarm
>wake up 2000 years later or something by some oldfag and gay-ass robot
>goofytime.jpg
>>
>>
Prometheus is great

Anyone that dislieks it is a fucking idiot
>>
>>64949564
So tehse guys were some offshoot cult wanting to make a n ew species out of their perfectly altered dna? why ist hat? and the other ones they found are against humans and want them dead?
>>
>>64949564
what exactly implies that this seeded life on a plant and wasn't just suicide?
>>
>>64954783
how about all that shit where they zoom in on the DNA molecules? And after the webm it shows them again, re-forming in the water
>>
>>64954132
lol
there should have been a canon scene where she alluded to using David as a sex toy
>>
>>64943325
It's really simple

The engineers made humans, and we made the android. So in his eyes it's sorta like blasphemy.
>>
>>64948863
Ad Victoriam, Brother.
>>
>>64948706
Uh Weyland doesn't exactly give a fuck about a couple trillion dude he is doing pretty fucking well
>>
>>64943325
he was in the middle of a really nice dream where some hot sexy woman was going to suck his dick. Then a bunch of short ugly people wake him up. I'd raise hell to.
>>
>>64954783

It was just a suicide. The whole point is that the human race was an unforseen consequence to this guys suicide. Also the reason why the prometheus was all what the fuck are you guys and why are you in my ship later in the movie
>>
>Micheal Biehn added in a interview about Alien 5, that both movies are set in similar theme, but that they take place on Different Worlds and Aliens is set THOUSANDS of years after Alien: Covenant

wtf
>>
>>64949867

nice
>>
>>64954132

sauce?
>>
>>64943325
>Why did Prometheus...?
is this a new meme?
i love it
>>
>>64949867

so the black goo is the fruit of that forbidden tree? (tech for imortality)
>>
>>64959718
>new
the only thing new here is you
>>
>>64943325
because engineers created life, then life created android and the engineers fucked up bad on the world they were on, was going to go to earth to stop whatever they started but something stopped them, nigger went into cryo and woke up pissed seeing them here.

UNO FARTO
>>
>>
File: Happy Birthday David.png (580KB, 1069x549px) Image search: [Google]
Happy Birthday David.png
580KB, 1069x549px
>>64954132
>>64960346
David is a boss

The best thing to come out of the whole movie was his promo video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWmbqH_z7jM
>>
>>64960498
fuck at least he's back for the sequel, or is he a cgi prosthetic head with Fassbenders likeness?

they've already got rid of Noomi, the above wouldn't surprise me with Hack Ridley
>>
>>64960346
>he wears a totalitarian, a sort of almost facist type of suit

what? that's not what I thought when I saw him or him in the suit. Did you guys?
I didn't think "oh yeeaaah, I totally get the Mussolini vibe! hunt those space commies, David!"

whatever
>>
>>64943383
EBIN DUDE HAVE AN UPVOTE XDD
>>
>>64960346

where are these clips from? bluray? some behind the scenes documentary?
>>
>>64943325
You wake up from a long sleep to find some hideous looking super manlet tell you that they're descended from you, how would you feel?
>>
File: uncle_jo.jpg (28KB, 400x496px) Image search: [Google]
uncle_jo.jpg
28KB, 400x496px
>>64961043

u must be an americunt ;)
>>
>>64945544
This actually makes a lot of sense
>>
>>64961657
irony: the post
>>
File: 151432305.jpg (375KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
151432305.jpg
375KB, 682x1024px
Why did they ditch Noomi in the sequel?
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.