[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else agree that the prequels are objectively better by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 241
Thread images: 18

File: SB.png (966KB, 791x547px) Image search: [Google]
SB.png
966KB, 791x547px
Anyone else agree that the prequels are objectively better by default, by virtue of being actual orignal stories and not tired, obvious, shot-for-shot rehashes?

Like, complain all you want about a few harmless bits of awkward dialogue and the flashy (but altogether superior) lightsaber duels, but you can't deny that the PT was more creative and original, and did more to flesh out the SW universe in every conceivable way.
>>
>>64942272
The prequels have some great individual set pieces, but no, I don't enjoy watching them all the way through. I found TFA to be much more engaging.
>>
>>64942272
Stop it.
>>
>>64942272
The Force Awakens is better than the prequels. The prequels do not even feel like genuine Star Wars films.
>>
>>64942323
>there are still people who unironically defend TFA
It was in all sincerity just really bad
Say what you want about the prequels but I didn't leave seeing any of them with a frown on my face
>>
>>64942272

Sure, lets just ignore flat characters, tacky cgi, and badly written dialogue.
>>
>>64942385
The dated early 2000s CGI is really what kills the prequels for me. And yeah, the dialogue is awful.
>>
>tfw we will never get Kasdan's PT

>So did you play any part in Star Wars after Return of the Jedi? Did George Lucas ever reach out to you?

Kasdan: He did but you know, he wanted something completely different than before. I know he's been attacked for doing things for reasons such as selling his toys but he really was invested in the politics of the story. He called it the "boring bit". I was never interested in that and that would play a big part.

Were you curious at all?

Kasdan: Not really. I had my own thoughts but they were very different but it's his baby, I can't tell him what to do. His characters will do what they want and that's the story. I said a few things in passing, things I'll tell you, he never even considered to keep in any fashion. Vader would've been Luke's age, living with his brother and using his powers like anyone would. Winning fights, money, being the popular kid. Even if you hate him, you still love him. He's Luke, right, but KNOWS he's special. So I'd have Obiwan crash on this planet, meet this guy and see he's wasting this massive potential on winning money and fame in this desert wasteland. Very humorous you know? In a weird way, that's kind of a scary thought too, unchecked power.
>>
The Prequels did more for the Star Wars universe as a setting, but that's it. Worldbuilding was the only thing George Lucas was good at and even then a lot of his ideas were stupid like the entirety of Naboo.
>>
>>64942385
>bad cgi
Someone hasnt seen ROTS
>>
>>64942385
I'll take all that for an original story.

Also as a 90's kid I absolutely adored the CGI in Star Wars prequels, especially the starting space battle of episode 3.

I will never watch these new Star Wars movies unless someone else puts them on DVD and I don't have a choice, fuck that plagiarism shit.
>>
>>64942442
The characters can't see it but we as the audience know he's using the force. Using it to do the greedy, human things we'd do with it. The story came to my head because I imagined a scene right after they meet and Anakin is leaving the planet, they're attacked or something, he saves Obiwan's life using his power. They fly off but Obiwan is a bad pilot so in a cocky way, Anakin takes over. Obiwan doesn't thank him, he gets annoyed. That right there is what I would base the movies on, two friends who instantly become close but are going to go down completely different paths. Of course Obiwan acts more like a dad. This is all the first act, the start. The Jedi are also starting to disappear, they're being killed and this organization is bewildered how it's possible...

So you've got this teen, somebody who wants to control everything, he was always in control at home, he was always the kid on top because he had these powers no one knew about and he took advantage of that, why not use those powers to control the Galaxy one day? Jokes like that from him. Hints of that. This would all be done in the first act in part 1. George said it was too much.
>>
>it was more creative!
>it was more original!
>that automatically makes it better!
Maybe if you are a 14 year old trying to fit in with hipsters.
>>64942368
>there are still people who unironically defend the prequels
Yeah you probably walked out with a big smile and a Jango Fett toy in your goddamn pocket. TFA is not a good movie but it is still far less repulsive to watch than the prequels.

It is baffling to see how butt frustrated people get over these goddamn star wars movies.
>>
I ironically like the prequels. Just like how I'm ironically sipping my gluten free soy milk latte.
>>
>>64942352
nigga watch them again. Its clearly the height of the republic before the war crashed everything.

They did a damn good job of incorporating themes from the first trilogy
>>
File: sheevwalls.webm (3MB, 1694x720px) Image search: [Google]
sheevwalls.webm
3MB, 1694x720px
>>64942449
There are some awkward parts in ROTS where CGI is overused and badly stands out, but when you compare the ROTS Couruscant shots to those in TPM, it's clearly leagues better.
>>
>>64942464
So just to be clear, you've made a thread saying the prequel trilogy is better despite not actually watching The Force Awakens? Sounds pretty standard for /tv/.
>>
>>64942479
>It is baffling to see how butt frustrated people get over these goddamn star wars movies
It is, yourself included
>>
File: Communications Disruption.jpg (24KB, 551x551px) Image search: [Google]
Communications Disruption.jpg
24KB, 551x551px
>>64942272
All these prequel haters can mean only one thing: a Reddit invasion.
>>
Revenge of the Sith > The Force Awakens > the other two prequels
>>
>>64942512
I didn't make the thread anon. All i'm saying is I'm not watching a blatant rip off of A New Hope with added diversity.

Literally no point because all it will do is ruin the entire 6 previous movies stories just to make some shekels.

The series was fine with 6 episodes, and I'll never consider Diversity Wars: 7 as canon.
>>
>>64942503
This looks like a scene from the SyFy Original Star Wars TV series from 2005
>>
File: 1339182503894.jpg (29KB, 665x576px) Image search: [Google]
1339182503894.jpg
29KB, 665x576px
Is there anything more pathetic than prequel apologists? The lengths they're willing to go just to convince logical thinking moviegoers that they're missing out on something extraordinary, buried beneath a bunch of objectively terrible shit, is so embarrassing that it makes me ashamed to admit to being a Star Wars fan at all.
>>
File: 1448134906234.gif (3MB, 315x242px) Image search: [Google]
1448134906234.gif
3MB, 315x242px
>>64942272
>the flashy (but altogether superior) lightsaber duels
>>
>>64942581
Sure, people who think that Star Wars: The Force Awakens is anything more then a massive product that brings absolutely nothing of value to the table.
>>
File: 1375391643724.jpg (11KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1375391643724.jpg
11KB, 251x242px
I don't care if you're memeing or if this is actually your opinion, it's getting fucking annoying.
>>
>>64942272
More creative and try to be original: yes
Better and more enjoyable: no
>>
>>64942479
>TFA is not a good movie but it is still far less repulsive to watch than the prequels.

People like you i would like to dismember them for science purposes in my laboratory. So you're saying you can't watch a movie that is older than 2005. And TFA is ok because it is recent.
What are you doing here ?
>>
>>64942581
people calling the prequels masterpieces are just memeing and if you don't realize that you must have autism but they're definitely better than TFA
>>
Prequels in 2 words: wasted potential
>>
>>64942621
It brings everything to the table that the prequels didn't. An actual good movie.
>>
>>64942652
>So you're saying you can't watch a movie that is older than 2005

How did you get that from his post? Pretty sure he's just saying the prequels suck.
>>
>>64942540
Cuck Awakens is non-canon non-original story. Look at how i can't even name it like a true Star Wars.
>>
Will never be able to fathom how people can think ROTS is any better than the other 2. It's fucking shit.

>Anakin having sweaty scary dreams about his beloved dying!
>Clearly evil bad guy makes some vague promises
>Mild irritation at dull Jedi bureaucracy
>Whole plot centers around the cringey, chemistry-starved Padme romance
>Whiny bitch Anakin turns to the dark side at the drop of a hat and starts killing a bunch of kids
>Overly long fight scene and a few Star Wars-y scenes everyone was waiting for in the epilogue

Has all the same problems as AOTC but a vaguely "darker" tone and more fan service makes it amazing!
>>
>>64942581
This is genuinely the case, but I don't necessarily subscribe to the idea that the broad storytelling and concise visual direction makes up for the prequels' numerous shortcomings. The movies essentially hinge on Anakin's character arc, which is utterly unbelievable due to the atrocious acting and dialogue, and it's nearly impossible to immerse yourself in it for that reason. The new Star Wars basically took the opposite approach, opting for immersion and strong acting to distract from really weak and tried storytelling.
>>
>>64942621

I'm guessing you're >>64942464 and you're just parroting the dumb opinions of other dipshits like yourself who criticize something without actually experiencing it.

But if you aren't, and you really did see TFA, and you honestly believe a movie that not only revived a dead franchise and made it accessible to everyone again (not just fanboys/babies) but also expanded the universe further and provided even more possibilities "brings absolutely nothing of value to the table", then I'm afraid your dumbass is delusional and you need to stop voicing your opinion publicly.
>>
>>64942581
>ashamed to admit to being a Star Wars fan
You should be ashamed, you autistic manchild
>>
>>64942705
>slaughters defenseless children
>"From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!"
>>
>>64942272
>but you can't deny that the PT was more creative and original, and did more to flesh out the SW universe in every conceivable way.

Yes I can.
>>
>>64942680
it's obvious the only reason you babies like TFA it's because it has up to date graphics.

you consume it like your shitty video games.

be dead
>>
>>64942272
I enjoyed TFA more.

Out of the prequels, RotS was the only one that didn't leave me feeling underwhelmed when it was over.

I actually want to see what happens to Poe, Finn, Rey, etc. in the next movie.

Those are my thoughts anyway.
>>
>>64942705
I'm not sure if Lucas was just sick of her shit or what, but it's pretty odd that Natalie Portman appears to have worked on RotS for all of a few days.
>>
>>64942705

The only reason people defend RotS is because it's the only movie in the prequel trilogy where something of consequence happens, and the ending leads directly into the opening of ANH (as retarded as that is). It's the only movie that brought them slightly close to actually feeling something or being invested in the characters.

That's why you see underage pieces of shit ranking it above RotJ.
>>
>>64942444

>GRAPHICS IS ALL I CARE ABOUT
>2016 IS BETTER THAN 2003 BECAUSE ITS MORE PUWERFOUL THE DIGITS ARE BIGGER

nice
>>
File: SWe-1_Rx500.jpg (88KB, 953x953px) Image search: [Google]
SWe-1_Rx500.jpg
88KB, 953x953px
>>64942767
>>
File: ea dice.jpg (89KB, 640x341px) Image search: [Google]
ea dice.jpg
89KB, 640x341px
>>64942833

enjoy your battlefield : star wars awakened by force
>>
>>64942790
RotS was an improvement largely because Ewan McGregor is a total pro and carried the whole thing. Hell, he's the only one that looked like he was actually enjoying himself.
>>
>>64942272
>and the flashy (but altogether superior) lightsaber duels

Oh god, really?

I mean, if you really tried you could make an argument for almost everything else, but the lightsaber duels? Fucking really? The one thing even the people who hate TFA like?
>>
File: 1378400066919.png (394KB, 387x520px) Image search: [Google]
1378400066919.png
394KB, 387x520px
>>64942911
>IT'S OVER ANAKIN, I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND
>DON'T TRY IT

fucking sir laurence olivier couldn't make that dialogue work
>>
>>64942911
Ewan is fantastic in all 3 of them, tbqh. It's almost embarrassing how much better he is than every actor around him.
>>
>>64942956
>the jedis, it's true they exists, i've seen it, i know it's incredible but it's true... all of it.

i killed myself in the theater after this
>>
>>64942540
The Phantom Menace is better than Revenge of the Sith. It's better than A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi too. And Attack of the Clones. And Citizen Kane and The Searchers and The Rules of the Game.

The Phantom Menace is maybe the finest film ever made actually.
>>
>>64942981
Ian McDiarmid is much better than him
>>
>>64942272

The more you know about the prequels, how they were made, what decisions Lucas made and the innumerable contradictions it has with the OT and his original vision for the franchse the less you like these movies.

People like the OP obviously know very little.
>>
>>64942581
>Star Wars fan
>gets a boner when JJ Jewbrams shits on the previous story by ignoring Anakin's sacrifice to bring balance to the force
>LE EMPIRE STILL EXISTS LOL AND IT'S RUN BY, LIKE, GOLUM FROM LORD OF THE RINGS N SHIT! SO COOL!
>>
>>64942999
>You're Hans Olo and this is the Millennial Falcon
Started shooting up the place at this point
>>
>>64942744
>be a slave till you're 9
>be separated from your mother and indoctrinated by emotionless, celibate monks
>jedi treat you like shit because you're different (joined too long) and masters don't trust you (as seen in episode 1 where they judge him like a piece of meat)
>be told to suppress all your emotions
>be groomed by the greatest manipulator in the galaxy, and he's your only non-jedi friend and the only one that's not stupidly hard on you all the time for your humanly mistakes
>be given a god complex because you're told you're literally the chosen one and soon to be most powerful person of all time
>have nightmares about your mother suffering and dying, but be told by jedi to ignore it
>finally get the chance to see your mom
>she was tortured to death (and possibly raped) and dies in your arms
>have to fight on the front lines of a galactic war for 3 years
>have premonitions about your wife dying the same way the ones about your mom came true
>freak out
>jedi still don't trust you, ask you to spy on your best non-jedi friend
>put you on council but don't promote you to master, even though you're top 5 strongest jedi in the galaxy, making you seem like a joke
>still turn in sith lord who promised to save your wife because of your loyalty to the jedi
>jedi don't trust you again and don't take you to arrest the most powerful villain in the galaxy
>go to help anyway and see jedi, who was a dick to you your whole life, about to break his own rules and murder a prisoner, fucking hypocrites
>see last chance to save your beloved wife, freak out in a split second decision and cut douchebag jedi's hand off
>now feel like you've fucked up so hard you have no choice but join the dark side, hey at least you can save your wife

>implying that from his point of view the jedi weren't really evil
>>
What I liked in cuck awakens
>the red lightsaber
the blaster stopping in the air
>Poe
>when they fly the millenium falcon on jakku
>when ren's ship arrives on jakku
>???
>when we see Luke
>when it ends and the torture is over
>>
>>64943083
All of this would be compelling it if it weren't so poorly conveyed in the actual movies.
>>
>>64943042

McDiarmid is the only one fully aware of the schlock surrounding him and willing to embrace it. McGregor is slightly aware but he's obviously too nervous/conceited to chew scenery and settles for riding the line between boring and hamball.

That said, McDiarmid was forced to wear tons of goofy makeup to look like a monster for over half the production so obviously he knew what he was in for. And unlike Ewan, he had nothing to lose.
>>
>>64943042
Ian McDiarmid is full ham, Ewan is incredibly naturalistic and completely evokes a younger Alec Guiness in his performance, it's kind of incredible. They're both good performances, but they're very different kinds of performances.

I don't think they share any significant scenes together anyways though.
>>
>>64943083
>turns out the best friend was playing both sides of a trans-galactic civil war
>turns out he was behind basically everything that has gone wrong in the last 10 years
>whatevs lol, from his point of view sand is coarse and irritating
>>
>>64942581
>it makes me ashamed to admit to being a Star Wars fan at all
further proof that only neckbeards who take SW way too seriously hate the prequels
>>
>>64943077
Turning Anakin into Space Jesus was the dumbest idea Lucas ever came up with. The whole "bringing balance to the force" thing never made much sense to begin with.
>>
>>64943177
To begin with who the fuck came up with the prophecy and why did anyone put any weight on it even for a second?
>>
>>64943077
>Anakin's sacrifice to bring balance to the force
>balance to the force

Prequel bullshit. Vader sacrificed himself to save Luke's life and complete his character arc of redemption, not to fulfill some retarded ass prophecy that doesn't make sense and was told by no one in particular. Even if you take that stupid prophecy shit into account, do you think Anakin gave a shit about that? What he did was obviously in the heat of the moment. Are you trying to tell me some asshole predicted that moment thousands of years ago and three guys confronting each other in a room was meant to be the ultimate conclusion to "bring balance to the force"?

Why am I arguing with you? It's obvious you're intent on greentexting strawman bullshit and generalizations, and you probably haven't even seen TFA because you're a poor NEET.
>>
>>64942464

The story isn't original. It's a generic space opera (genre films aren't necessarily bad, but hardly original). Romance, a tragic lead, melodrama between families. There were no real surprises. While Also, Lucas tried to make some half assed commentary on US politics through a genre film series, it ultimately fell flat due to how obvious he made it.
The OT was pretty generic as well, however it had a lot more going for it than just the story.
>>
>>64943177
Lucas never 'turned him into Space Jesus'. That was always his character, even in the meme movies you love from the 70s and 80s. Lucas had this all planned out from the beginning.
>>
>>64942272
Yes, some people do agree. They're called meme-spouting contrarians.
>>
>>64943249
>Lucas had this all planned out from the beginning.

He absolutely didn't.
>>
>>64942581
it's pathetic pretending to be a sw fan while you're just a kid who wants to defend its new stupid flick the cuck awakers is what you are
faker
>>
>>64942272
Fuck off
>>
>>64943249
>Lucas had this all planned out from the beginning.
Worst meme of all time, Lucas had jackshit planned out
>>
>>64943233
Nobody acts to consciously fulfill prophecies. By killing the Emperor to save his son's life, Vader brings balance to the force by destroying evil through fatherly love. Don't get butthurt about the spiritual dimenion of LUCAS's real Star Wars movies just because you are a neckbeard atheist.
>>
>>64943281
hello reddit
>>
>>64942272
TFA made me appreciate that the prequels are kino. TFA is a motion picture at best.
>>
>>64943264
Contrarian is just a word plebs with the mentality of a 12 years old like to use to dismiss people's opinions that differ from their own. If you want a hivemind go to you know where
>>
>>64943083
the heartbreaking part is that if this was done well it could have been a great story.
>>
>>64943161

Surely you don't mind mentioning Star Wars to someone and knowing immediate images of Jar Jar Binks and pointless, nonsensical clusterfucks of "fights" cloud their brain because it's all they know about the franchise.

Further proof that only idiots without any sense of self awareness, concept of social interaction, or enjoyment of film as a hobby defend the prequels.
>>
TFA was something that an X men movie could have done.
>>
>>64942911
>the only one
You're forgetting one guy
>>
>>64943329
>enjoyment of film as a hobby
lmao
>>
>>64943356
Quality post, anon.
>>
>>64943319
The heartbreaking part is that there was so much nuance and interesting shit the prequels could have had like actually showing the controversy oh Jedi (whether they were actually good or right etc), the separatists (whether they were actually bad or wrong etc) and just a ton of other stuff, but Lucas made it a shitty wooden soap opera
>>
>>64943268
No, he did. He just changed so much that the prequels only represent his original vision in broad strokes, if at all.
>>
>>64943329
Most people love Jar Jar Binks. I remember seeing The Phantom Menace in the cinema in 1999 and people were pissing themselves. He's funnier than C3PO in the originals. Every time I've seen The Phantom Menace with other people, Jar Jar has elicited laughter.

Go and masturbate to Plinkett or some shit, you fucking dweeb. Wesa no like da neckbeards. Da neckbeards think they so smarty. Dey think their brains so big.
>>
>>64943382
>Jedi (whether they were actually good or right etc)
He kind of did do this, he just didn't illustrate it as well as he maybe should've. The Jedi are portrayed as short-sighted, arrogant hypocrites throughout the prequels, especially Mace Windu.
>>
I concur, OP. These homos just enjoy JJ's putrid manlet foreskineless jewish dick as opposed to Lucas' glorious gentile monster cock, so to speak.
>>
File: 1452345588141.gif (476KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1452345588141.gif
476KB, 320x240px
>>64943400
>Most people love Jar Jar Binks.
There's baiting, and then there's just plain spewing shit.
>>
File: doubt.jpg (19KB, 282x415px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
19KB, 282x415px
>>64943400
>I remember seeing The Phantom Menace in the cinema in 1999 and people were pissing themselves. He's funnier than C3PO in the originals. Every time I've seen The Phantom Menace with other people, Jar Jar has elicited laughter.
>>
>>64943379
oh, so TFA enjoyers also loved Xmen. ok ok
>>
>>64943329
>enjoyment of film
>hobby

Reminder that this is the type of people who think that TFA is better than the preaquels.
>>
>>64943382
>the prequels could have had like actually showing the controversy oh Jedi (whether they were actually good or right etc)

This is what I really wanted from the prequels. They take a kid, brainwash him into being a sexless monk, and he consequently goes nuts and shows them the arrogance of their ways. No organization is perfect and showing the Jedi Council as a stuffy, bureaucratic, rigid is a great way to contrast the standard good vs evil theme everyone expected.

The problem is that every scene and character in the movie is stuffy, bureaucratic, and rigid. Except the ones that are fully CGI because then the camera can do things beyond shot-reverse-shot.
>>
>>64943418
The point is that it was glossed over and buried under a terrible love story and Anakin angst so it barely got through
>>
>>64943453
I'm confused as to why you're using X-Men seeing as Disney doesn't have the film rights to that property.
>>
>>64943400
>Most people love Jar Jar Binks
You when you were a kid != most people
>>
>>64943418
Most people who hate the prequels are just too uneducated to understand the implicit critique of the Jedi that Lucas is making via his allegory of the fall of Weimar democracy.
>>
File: 1452277124947.jpg (42KB, 541x498px) Image search: [Google]
1452277124947.jpg
42KB, 541x498px
>>64943455
>>64943377
>lurking a board calling "television & film"
>claiming film is not a hobby

we /v/ now
>>
>>64943497
>a kids movie is bad because a character in it appeals to children

You are a great critic, my friend. Your learning in art surely rivals that of Aristotle or Bernard Shaw.
>>
>>64943528
It's been this way for a while. /tv/ is arguably worse than /v/ in many ways.
>>
Seems people in the thread are still attacking the prequels for things other than what OP pointed out. The expansion of the universe was what I really appreciated about them.

>Got to see what the Old Republic was like and glimpse at its politics
>Got to see the Jedi Order at its peak and get introduced to a wide variety of jedi characters.
>More exposition about the force.
>New worlds and new aliens and races.
>New vehicles, technologies, ships, etc.
>The Clone Wars brought a vastly more interesting galactic conflict.
>>
>Prequel is for Nerds
>TFA is for normies

>if i like TFA better then i'll be a normie and avoid being a nerd

I stood up and started clapping in my bedroom
>>
>>64943503
>if only these plebeians were as sophisticated and educated as me, then they would see the true excellent nature of the Prequel trilogy
'no'
>>
>>64943528
film is an art medium

I bet you think that Nolan is good too lmao
>>
>>64943528
It's not a hobby, it's an aesthetic vocation. You prequel bashers are extreme memesters who have probably only seen Star Wars, Fight Club, and the collected works of Quentin Tarantino.
>>
>>64943382
Thankfully TCW did stuff like this.

Unfortunately (but understandably), no one cares because the movies it's based off of are terrible.

Outside of a handful of duds (it's by no means a perfect series), TCW is sort of the PT that should have been, in cartoon form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc-jLWyxZjI
>>
>>64943551
>most people loved Jar Jar
>no, kids might have enjoyed him but that's about it
>omg why you sayin the movie is bad
Step it up
>>
>>64943560
J J Abrams is way more original tho! Who needs to see the New Republic when we get to see the First Order which is totally original! Jakka is the most original planet I've ever seen, it reminded me of nothing!
>>
>>64943560
And as others have pointed out, most of that potential went to waste in service of a very poorly written love story between two characters played by actors that had zero chemistry together.
>>
this "the prequels are good" meme needs to end

they're literally all dated cgi fights and sitting and talking
>>
>>64942272

No.

Enough with the "PT was secretly good all this time" meme we keep trying to push.
>>
>>64943622 >>64943633
>>
>>64943598
>kids liked a character in a kids movie

Wow Lucas really failed there! What a hack! Better give his creation to a white slaver Jew to fuck up then!
>>
It's not surprising that the same people who attack the prequels are always unversed in real film or anything artistic, and that the people who praise the prequels (Zizek, Paglia, Brody, etc) are always literate, educated, and versed in real film.

http://www.vice.com/read/camille-paglia-believes-that-revenge-of-the-sith-is-our-generations-greatest-work-of-art
http://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/what-the-seven-star-wars-films-reveal-about-george-lucas

The fact that everyone points to Plinkett as the authority on why the prequels are bad speaks volumes. Mike Stoklasa is one of the least artistic people on the planet - he can't process movies outside of the conventions of Hollywood films, his approach to narrative is tempered with the same surface-level requisites listed on tvtropes.

Any complaint that people have about the prequels illustrates a weak grasp on film, like >>64943528 and >>64943622. How many art films would they claim has 'too much sitting and talking'? They would watch the end of Breaking the Waves and whine about dated CGI. Their sensibilities for 'good dialogue' in what is intentionally pulp comes from bad pulp, ie, the original Star Wars, the only pulp they've ever seen. They would similarly view any homage-driven art film and miss the entire point.

Lucas' only mistake in the prequels was doing something daring, original, artistic and literate, not realizing that the manchildren conditioned by the original SW trilogy to loathe anything cerebral would lash out against his cinematic risks.
>>
>>64943596

pretty interesting. definitely the most convincing evidence i've seen to give anything about this series a chance
>>
>>64943622
>>64943633

Dude I think we same fagged on accident.
>>
>>64943664
You do know what 'most people' means, right?
>>
>>64943666
Go away, Satan
>>
>>64943679
>>
>>64943385
You're wrong and stupid and prequel threads nicely represent the state of this absolutely dreadful board
>>
>>64943664
Jar Jar was an awful idea and Lucas realized it. Hate on TFA all you want but BB-8 is far more appealing to everyone.
>>
>>64943666

nobody said star wars was art, satan. neither of the people you quoted included.

nice trips though. that wall of text makes you sound real smart.
>>
File: 1452873369641.webm (1MB, 1274x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1452873369641.webm
1MB, 1274x1080px
>>64942272
>>
>>64943666
>someone actually took the time to write this pasta
>>
>>64943723
It's really a perfect representation. It's either flat-out baiting, which would be bad, or people here are really so far up their special snowflake asses that they convince themselves that the prequels aren't god-awful wastes of rendering time, so that they can like something the majority dislikes, which would be terrible.
>>
>>64943666

Go to bed, George. You've been drinking.
>>
>>64942550
>diversity wars

Way to show your real thoughts about it, /pol/.
>this thing is bad because white female lead and black male lead
>>
>>64942272
>actual orignal stories
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRA7-jA5GJk
>>
>>64943666
>http://www.vice.com/read/camille-paglia-believes-that-revenge-of-the-sith-is-our-generations-greatest-work-of-art
>Yes, the long finale of Revenge of the Sith has more inherent artistic value, emotional power, and global impact than anything by the artists you name. It's because the art world has flat-lined and become an echo chamber of received opinion and toxic over-praise. It's like the emperor's new clothes—people are too intimidated to admit what they secretly think or what they might think with their blinders off.

based
>>
>>64943782
The worst part is I rewatched the prequels to see if maybe I did miss something and they've only gotten worse with age and it pissed me off I even wasted my time with that shit.
>>
>>64943793
that and the pathetic child-plot, horrible pacing, faggot characters and non-original story.
But keep focusing on the cucked casting, nigger
>>
>>64942272
I think that collectively we should agree that bad but creative stuff is better than good but predictable/formulaic/uncreative stuff.
>>
>>64943853
I don't think so
>>
>>64943752
This is poetry
>>
>>64943853
>I think we should agree that my shit sandwich with sprinkles in the bread is better than your delicious hamburger.

ftfy there familia
>>
>>64943782
>the majority dislikes the Star Wars prequels so much that each one made near enough a billion dollars at the box office + way more in home video, merchandising, video games etc.
>>
>>64943782
>he has no taste
>>
>>64943723
Reread my post you reactionary twat, I'm not even defending the prequels. George absolutely, 100% always had the prequels planned, Empire Strikes Back was labeled Episode V in its opening crawl when it was released. It's just that in the decades in between his original ideas and the ultimate execution, so much of his original plans were changed.
>>
>>64943853

No
>>
>>64942272
Nope. And shit like this is just trolling. You'll never convince me otherwise. If you're serious you have objectively awful taste and are very likely retarded.
>>
>>64943938
>>64943904
>>64943867
I bet you all like superhero movies
>>
>>64943853
yes.
>>
>>64943954
>liking TFA

you literally have the same movie taste than women, children, and autists.
>>
>>64943991
>liking the prequels

you literally have the same movie taste as neckbeards, children, and autists.
>>
>>64943954
see >>64943819
>>
>>64943933
He only added the episode numbers to ANH hope AFTER its massive success you actual mong. When originally pitched he had the trilogy envisioned as a singular movie. And this was most certainly from a business standpoint than a creative one, had Vadar not been as popular I guarantee the prequels would have still happened but about something else. Hell fucking barely any of the characters resemble anything from his original story boards and ideas.
>>
>>64944009
Neckbeards and autists hate the prequels because Supreme Leader Plinkett told them to in a nerd Redtube video. Children love the prequels, like most mature grown ups, because they are in touch with the virtues of wonder and awe.
>>
>>64944009
only neckbeards who take "muh Star Wars" way too seriously hate the prequels
>>
>>64944024
Why would he have numbered it V instead of II if he didn't have prequels in particular planned? If he just wanted to make cash, why wouldn't he have just done sequels like every other franchise instead of boxing himself in to make backstory which - according to your Plinkett-tier conspiracy theories - he didn't even have in mind?

Grow up you dummy. Lucas is a genius.
>>
>>64944009
you must be over 18 to post on 4Chan.
>>
>>64943964
No, but if you're asking me to compare between two superhero movies, one is shit but creative and the other is safe but well made, as movies go, the actual well made movie is surperior.

>>64944023
>needing someone to justify shit taste/posting

Are you familar with what this person likes? Do people think Jack and Jill is good because Armond White likes it? Why is /tv/ filled with such insecure people?
>>
>>64942705
I empathised completely though, because like Anakin I too hate sand. It really does get everywhere anon.

When I heard that dialogue I knew it was the movie for me.
>>
Let's ask the children who like TFA what they think of the Original Trilogy

>they probably never seen it, they are children
>>
Entire setting of the prequels is fucking wrong.

It genuinely doesn't feel like a universe that could have come before one that had such believable, genuine characters with plots that made sense.

Lucas shoved in a bunch of terrible slapstick because he had absolutely no understanding of why people liked star wars, and probably fucking hates that he was shut out of making his own vision in first movie, because back then he could be controlled and kept on a leash.

Then the prequels came, and we got to see what a disaster the original star wars could have been. Flat characters, flat camera angles, which could be attributed to him not being challenged and at this point just pushing out product to turn into toys, but looking at the fucking idiotic changes he made in the special editions I honestly don't think that's the only case.

The problem with the prequels is just how we looked at Lucas to really understand why people liked star wars, but all he saw was merchandising opportunities and an excuse to literally fucking SHOVE things that he liked but nobody else did down the audiences' throat. Jar Jar got to be in THREE GOD DAMN MOVIES, despite people hating him the first minute he's on screen.

But ironic shitposting aside, the prequels might have had a different setting, a shinier look on the universe, and it could have been fine if we had a good look at the decay of the setting into the gritty look of the rebellion and the plight of the citizens of the galaxy in comparison to the military power of the empire, but we never see that, so it's just incredibly jarring when you go from one series to the next.

We also get to see how hamfisted Vader's transformation was, and how unlikable Anakin really was. It actively makes the sequel trilogy WORSE if you really think about it, the motivations of characters that we now see being fucking stupid and not add up to anything sensible, not in the universe of the OT at least.

So much shit I can't fit into one post.
>>
>>64943418
No they aren't...At all.

They are the good guys, no question about it. They just have to be written as morons for the rest of the plot to work. It's a mark of poor writing that you have to make characters stupid for it to work, you philistine.

I don't even mind the prequels that much but FA is more enjoyable. It's probably equally enjoyable as RotS even.

Prequel contrarians fuck off
>>
>>64943938
>>64943904
>>64943867
The point is that people who love this formulaic stuff are the reason why hollywood will continue to release stale stuff. When people buy the average "turn of your brain and enjoy it" content, it gives them license to make more and more of the same, to the point where everything is creatively bankrupt and forgettable.

I wish that all of that money was going towards films which were willing to take risks and expand the medium, even if it meant a lot of movies were great in one way and really awful in a bunch of other ways. That sort of creativity is happening, but cucks like you slow down the process by giving execs a license to print money.
>>
>>64944080
Because the movie itself establishes a time that took place before ANH, the fall of the Jedi. That was something that interested people and thematically there wasn't an immediately clear direction to go after Jedi, since it ended the story Lucas had originally envisioned. Fox had the foresight to add those episode numbers because they knew then they would be going backwards and milk it for three more movies.

This isn't conspiracy, this is a generally understanding of how a major production studio would operate and utilize an incredible asset.
>>
>shot-for-shot
Do you even know what that means?

Do you realize easily you can be proven wrong if you were to simply watch ANH and TFA at the same time?
>>
>>64942272
Episode I is literally a rehash of Episode IV. I agree that JJ went too safe but your argument is shit from the beginning.
>>
>>64944192
You'd have a point if you weren't using the Prequel trilogy as an example of the creative stuff, since about 95% of them are cookie-cutter story telling executed in a really terrible way.
>>
>>64944259
>Episode I is literally a rehash of Episode IV

the fuck lmao
>>
>>64944192
I'm all for creativity, and between two equally well made movies I will go for the more creative/interesting ones 10 times out of 10. But make no mistake, liking something just because its creative is very harmful to cinema, because it undermines the very important functionary aspect of film in favor for what essentially amounts to self indulgent wankery.

The most important aspect of film making is the film making process. Hollywood will always churn out safe, reliable proucts. This is not new.
>>
>>64944230
>Do you realize easily you can be proven wrong if you were to simply watch ANH and TFA at the same time?

I did and it's really the same shit
Tfa is a fucking joke. Do you realize the plot is about Luke being a faggot hiding on a rock and having two complementary maps leading to him ?

I bet you enjoyed that, you literal gay boy
>>
>>64944278
JJ wasn't nearly as subtle as George because he doesn't understand poetry.

Kid in the desert: Check
Unknown ability: Check
Taken under by an older wiser mentor: Check
Fight against sith: Check
Mentor Dies: Check
Talented youth destroys ship ending battle: check
>>
creativity wise, yes. But Lucas seems too busy jerking off with CGI and creating set pieces rather than focusing on providing great character performance and script.
>>
>>64944272
>since about 95% of them are cookie-cutter story telling executed in a really terrible way.

You have me there. I'm making this argument in the wrong thread
>>
>>64944328
>Literally admitting that you don't know what a shot is
Holy shit... it's true. It's not even a joke or a meme. There are actual mentally retarded people on /tv/. It's funny to joke about sometimes but I've never seriously thought the people on here were mentally disabled. Now I know it's true. You've really opened my eyes.
>>
>>64944330
nice owngoal cuck. You just proved how TFA is the worst rehash.

except for
>unknown ability
nope, it's explained in 1 and 4, not in TFA
>>
>rehash

No, that's called poetry. If Lucas did it you'd hail it as a masterpiece of cinema.
>>
>>64944379
I've had to argue with someone over what a shot to shot remake was in these star wars threads before. Its really embarrassing to have to see that happen again to someone else on a board dedicated to film.
>>
File: 1452089329692.jpg (12KB, 168x210px) Image search: [Google]
1452089329692.jpg
12KB, 168x210px
>>64942272
What could've been if Lucas didn't sell this shit but let Abrams direct while staying as the idea man.
>>
>>64944408
I'm sure they'll explain why Rey is so powerful with the force. We still have two movies to find out, my Aryan and certainly had sex with hundreds of girls, friend.
>>
>>64944431
Lucas became idea man and let Speilberg direct Indy 4, and look how it turned out
>>
>>64944379
it is the same movie they changed the name. it has the same actors in it.

autist
he wanted me to literally prove this
>>
File: 1452893415250.jpg (19KB, 384x484px) Image search: [Google]
1452893415250.jpg
19KB, 384x484px
>>64944458
oh
>>
>>64944483
You didn't literally prove it though.

You haven't proven anything. The only thing you've proven is that you're mentally retarded and you keep proving that over and over.
>>
>>64944519
Just stop m8, you're either being baited or arguing with a retard. Either way its a waste of time
>>
>>64944298
>liking something just because its creative is very harmful to cinema, because it undermines the very important functionary aspect of film in favor for what essentially amounts to self indulgent wankery.

It's a good argument, but I feel like the inverse of that is just as true. In more average examples, liking something which is largely hollow and formulaic but generally well-made has to be at least as bad if not worse as something with creative and original aspects which is generally not well-made. Something with creative and original aspects, even if it's just a couple of insightful scenes or interesting world details, has more chance to positively influence the artistry side of the industry than something so formulaic, which at best keeps the status quo.
>>
>>64942272
Yousa thinking yousa people ganna die?”
“I don’t care what universe you’re from, that’s got to hurt!”
“Love won’t save you, Padme. Only my new powers can do that.”
“…Don’t try it, Anakin. I have the high ground!”
“There’s always a bigger fish.”
“I’m haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me.”
“Are you an angel?”
“I don’t like sand. It’s coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.”
“Ye gods, whatta meesa sayin’?”
“I sense Count Dooku.”
“Ani? My goodness, you’ve grown!”
“How wude!”
“I can’t take Dooku alone! I need you!”
“I’ve been wondering… what are midi-chlorians?”
“Chesco, Sebulba. Chipoka oomen geesa. Me teesa radical fbombati chop chawa.”
“I have the POWER! UNLIMITED… POWER!”
“Droidekas!”
“Uh! So uncivilized.”
“Now this is pod racing!”
“…It is only natural. He cut off your arm, and you wanted revenge.”
“Mom, you said that the biggest problem in the universe is no one helps each other.”
“He owes me what you’d call a ‘life-debt.’ Your gods demand that his life belongs to me.”
“From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!”
“I thought we had decided not to fall in love. That we’d be forced to live a lie and that it would destroy our lives.”
“Now that I’m with you again, I’m in agony. My heart is beating, hoping that that kiss will not become a scar.”
“No loose wire jokes.”
“Your mother had gone out early, like she always did, to pick mushrooms that grow on the vaporators.”
“For reasons we can’t explain, we are losing her.”
“He said… you killed younglings!”
“What if the democracy we thought we were serving no longer exists, and the Republic has become the very evil we have been fighting to destroy?”
“I have waited a long time for this moment, my little green friend.”
“…I’ll try spinning. That’s a good trick. Whoa-ah!”
>>
File: pottery.jpg (407KB, 695x1936px) Image search: [Google]
pottery.jpg
407KB, 695x1936px
>>64944259
>>64944278
>>64944330

Actually it's a rehash of Episode VI
>>
>>64944445
Why so powerful?
>Two words
>"Mary Sue"

Femiwhores praise it
Manginas kneel to it

Welcome to the post post SJW brainwashed cuckold generation...
>>
>>64944696
It's really both though. Lucas and his poetry knows no bounds. They really should have kept him on as an adviser. Too bad he wanted all or nothing. Lucas was too bitter to just be a guide to his poetry.
>>
>>64944138
>It's a mark of poor writing that you have to make characters stupid for it to work, you philistine.
Problems of knowledge are actually essential to drama and have been from Aeschylus all the way to Tennessee Williams via William Shakespeare. One of the most important aspects of tragedy, as Aristotle noted, was recognition and reversal, which implies prior ignorance. Lucas understood this unlike you, who wants Jedi to be omniscient super creatures because anything else ruins the nerd fantasies you had of being one as a small boy.
>>
>>64944714
Oh, I see. You are incapable of having a discussion. I agree she is overpowered but I think that the movie implies we should ask why.
>>
>>64944696
beautiful
>>
>>64944800
Why mangina? Why?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWvoFE7W288
>>
>>64944800
You get a glimpse at the cake by betraying your gender and placing the pussy on the pedestal?

Tell me more about your gaylord manginism cult!
>>
I want prequel shitposting to leave.
>>
>>64944799
> Jedi can sense and see the future

N-not right now it's b-blocked for some reason = poor writing. George Lucas had to break his own Canon for his contrite plot to work.

> Jedi can sense the presence of dark side users

Not anymore this one is too good :^)

> Prophecy they adhere too which comes from nowhere in particular

More excellent writing which serves no purpose and is never properly explained in a nonham fisted way.

> random clone army commissioned by an unknown impersonating a Jedi who died a decade ago

Nothing suspicious here, let's just use them!

There's a few off the top of my head and that's an ass pull and not the same thing. The Jedi don't suffer a bout of Greek tragedy but from Darwinism. They are too incompetent to survive. Most decisions they make aren't poor because of a lack of knowledge but because they need to be retards for the plot.

I'll say again: fuck of Maymay prequel apologists.
>>
>>64945186
Jedi can see the immediate future as a kind of heightened sensitivity in combat, they can't see years into the future except for rare religious prophecies.

Jedi can still sense Sith. Obi Wan does so right at the very beginning of Phantom Menace when he tells Qui Gon he feels a disturbance beyond the trade negotiations.

Most major religions have or have had prophecies. This doesn't need explaining to a cultivated person whose education in theology goes beyond late nights watching ebin Richard Dawkins on YouTube in a fedora.

The clone army isn't random. It's referenced in Episode IV.
>>
>>64945382
Except they can see the future. Anakin does it, they have prophecies too and I wouldn't be surprised if some other characters did it. Yoda and Mace also specifically reference how their ability to see is being clouded by the "dark side" which is an ass pull. But you should know that being a huge fan of the prequels.

Yeah they can, when it's relevant to the plot. They don't at any point sense sheevs evil despite most of the Jedi council being sat opposite him. Anakin figures it out in like three conversations.

> T-they have a prophecy, it doesn't need explaining because I like to pretend I'm smart

Cool man. I don't like Dawkins. I understand what a prophecy is you mongoloid. But just to say there is a prophecy and then not give it any reason why they follow it so devoutly seems stupid, especially when people claim one of the stronger points of the trilogy is world building. Not only that but there is no reason for the Jedi to believe the prophecy OR that it's Anakin. We only here them say he fits the "prophecy". Which is dumb.

Face it, you're talking out your ass and trying to act intelligent on fucking /tv/, you contrarian.
>>
>>64942272

>ITT: Lucasfags on suicide watch

How buttprobed does it make you knowing that even with a similar story it's still better than the originals
>>
>>64944192
>choosing to like a movie you have actually said is 'bad but creative' more than a move you have said is 'good but unoriginal' because it's a

So you don't really care about the movie itself, your opinion of it is entirely based on the state of the industry? I do get what you are saying but don't you this is somehow distant from what it means to be an actual movie? Do you view movies as representations of some battle between two forces within the industry, or do you watch them for what's actually on screen?
>>
anything is better than force awakens. I still don't understand why people think its a legitimate film.
>>
>>64946127
but da joos are ebil man!
>>
>>64942272
>better by default, by virtue of being actual orignal stories and not tired, obvious, shot-for-shot rehashes?
no, if that were the case, I could make a movie about a depresed corn on the cob that teaches lamas how to knit and if I only use practical effects it would be better than the preuels by default because its original and doesnt use horrendous CGI
>>
>>64946617
because copying is done all the time, shutter island is basically the same movie as memento in a different setting. scorsese is still well respected. anything that seems original is probably japanese in reality.
>>
>>64947013
Shutter Island is significantly better than Meme-ento.
>>
>>64947179
not in any regard. I' not trying to argue that nolan is better than scorsese cause he's not but meento is by far his best work and shutter island is among scorsese's worst. sure the backwards telling was a little gimmicky, but it worked, guy pierce is far better than leo comparing those two and the plot overall is far less conclusive. it makes much morse sense that guy pierce is actively deceiving himself using the tattos he has to bank on due to his condition rather than leo who just forgets and is in denial
>>
>>64942368
That's because you have autism.
>>
>>64947630
>leo, you need to remember that you murdered your family
>no
>god damnit leo we're going to set up the most complicated role playing bullshit ever concieved to get you to remember that you killed your family
>okay
>leo if you don't remember that you murdered your family you'll be lobotomized
>okay

shit was dumb yo
>>
>>64947718
the worst is that this isnt just a scene but wher the whole movie was leading you to
>>
>>64942272
Something being original doesn't make it objectively better. What a silly thing to say.

I agree with you, though, that the prequels are more original, and did more to flesh out the Star Wars universe.
>>
>>64942352
There is nothing in TFA that is better than the prequels as a whole or individually, except perhaps nostalgia (chewie / han).
>>
>>64944696
TFA brings nothing new to the table, NOTHING. What was the plot even about ? They blow up a deathstar, ok, the fight the sith, ok, we get a glimpse at the big sith, ok. Then we just FIND Luke, a character we already know about.

SO WHAT IS NEW ???
WHAT IS NEW TO THIS STAR WARS EXCEPT THE NIGGER AND THE GIRL ??
NOTHING
>>
>>64943853
That should just let us agree that both are shit and SW unworthy, wouldn't it?
>>
Do you think teenage girls are masturbating to Finn right now?

like boys did with Leia n shit
>>
>>64942272
Absolutely agreed.
I liked the PT first time I saw it (since I was a kid and the movies were obviously aimed at kids) and even the "boring part" was interesting because I was completely immersed in the universe.
When I watched it later, and together with the OT, I realized there was a lot of things that were wrong and that could have been better. But still, it WAS SW.
TFA is just a nostalgic toy commercial polished for a new generation of kids.

>>64942524
Kek
This
>>
>>64948672
The main characters are new, you autist moron.

>What was the plot even about ?
Hot meme. It had a clear plot.
>>
>>64948672
>What was the plot even about ?
Strong womyn and people of colour can be heroes too
>>
Anyone who supports TFA is supporting the death of cinema as an artform
>>
>>64944683
Most of those aren't "bad" dialogue if taken on their own. It's the context and exchange with other characters that ruin them.
>>
Marvel Star Cucks : The Money Awakens
>>
File: pepe le smug.jpg (12KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
pepe le smug.jpg
12KB, 249x249px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaW72ZchK6M

>implying Revenge of the Sith isn't the greatest masterpiece of our age
>>
>>64948870
Ok, but here's a challenge though:
Give me a memorable quote or a piece of dialogue from the movie that, objectively, is superior to anything from the previous films
>hardmode: no youtube
>>
TFA was magnitudes better than the prequels, and that's saying something because I legitimately fucking hate TFA.
>>
>>64949242
Move, ball.
>>
>>64948870
no it didn't. find luke because stuff. not because he could create another jedi order. he had an order of jedi that the knights of ren wiped out. so why was finding look so important again? leia embraces rey and sees her as some one she could trust. one human out of a trillion shows up with han. suddenly leia's all chummy with her? han dies leia hugs, rey?
don't even get me started about how overly unnecessary potently able and powerful rey is.
don't even get me started about the scene in which kylo beats her to the precipice and says force, rey closes her eyes and goes, "oh yeah, the force." i so hate this movie. 32 years and this is what we got? the prequels were PREQUELS, comparing them to a SEQUEL is rather dumb, and asinine. The Crystal skull as retarded and cartoony as that was, was a better watch than the force awakens. and the black guy, though poorly written, was way more interesting due to his rush hour chris tucker impersonation.
and kylo was needlessly depowered so that rey could mary sue herself out of everything. in six films his force freeze is hands down the grandest ability. but they kept negating it whenever rey's around. it's really sickening what they did.
>>
>>64948653
>nostalgia
Is there any other legitimate reason to care about Star Wars?
>>
>>64949214
The more I think about it the more convinced I become that George must have seen early work on The Room. The dialogue is eerily similar
>>
>>64949242
>traitor!
>>
>>64949242
UAAAAORRRHHHHHHHHH! - Chewbacca, The Force Awakens, 2015
>>
>>64942272
>shot-for-shot rehashes
But that's exactly what the prequels were.

That's where the "It rhymes, it's like poetry" meme came from.
>>
>>64949268
>>64949367
>>64949411
Should have said
>hardmode: no memes

Serves me right to think there's actually be any real answer.
Then again, that is the answer.
>>
>>64942272
>>64949452
Neither TFA nor the prequels were shot-for-shot rehashes.

The prequels had obvious call-backs to the OT, and there was much "poetry" in that way. The plots were entirely different, though.

TFA's plot was a complete rehash of ANH, with many of the same thematic beats and plot elements.

You guys are misusing the term "shot-for-shot".
>>
If you actually believe three of the Star Wars movies, (part of a franchise for children) are significantly better than their sequels, you are a retard blinded by nostalgia:

TFA is shit tho dess
>>
>>64942272
>harmless bits of awkward dialogue

It stops being harmless when your entire movie is nothing but awkward dialog.

Anyway, your opinion is tarded. I didn't like how much TFA resembled New Hope but it was still a very enjoyable movie, which is more you can say for any of the prequels.
>>
>>64949631
Are there any memorable quotes from The Phantom Menace? Outside of memes that is
>>
>>64951793
Finally we will have our revenge, surprised it isn't a meme
>>
>>64951926
Who said that? When? I'm not trying tk argue but outside of the atrocious dialogue memes I can't remember
>>
>>64951992
Darth Maul, I think it's his only line
>>
The one thing about the prequels that took me years to realize is that Lucas didn't make them for the existing fanbase. He made them with the intention of a having somebody who has never saw a Star Wars film of any age watch them in episode order.

I noticed that many non-SW fans do not hate the prequels. Same with those new to the series who saw them first. Yes there is the cringey love story, jar-jar, and corny dialogue, but we all know there are good elements in each of the prequels. They are much, much better films if you have never seen the original trilogy and watch them in episode order. It's not super obvious Sheev is Sidious (there was seriously debate about this until AotC came out). You watch Anakin go from a kid to a Jedi to the dark side as Vader which is more of a mindfuck than the "I am your father" plot twist all the fans want to "save" for their kids when they show them the films
>>
>>64951793
I honestly liked Obi-Wan's second line.
"It's something... elsewhere. Elusive."

That's about it, though.
>>
>>64952150
>They are much, much better films if you have never seen the original trilogy and watch them in episode order
And there's the problem, it would be like if Tolkien wrote ROTK before he wrote Fellowship, you know what's going to happen if you read them in release order and beyond some interesting tidbits it's not going to surprise you when Boromir dies
>>
>>64951202
>You guys are misusing the term "shot-for-shot"

https://vimeo.com/137711830
>>
>>64942272

a
g
r
e
e
d
>>
>>64942272
The prequels had better ship design. So they are better.
>>
>>64942352
Nigher the force awakens blows donkey dick. Watch phantom menace again with an open mind
>>
"There's always a bigger fish."
>>
>>64942352
>hates on the prequels for "not feeling like genuine Star Wars films"
>while at the same time saying TFA is better
top kekoroni & cheese
Thread posts: 241
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.