[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say what you want about Michael Bay, but this movie is a masterpiece.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 13

File: 13hours.png (551KB, 1133x577px) Image search: [Google]
13hours.png
551KB, 1133x577px
Say what you want about Michael Bay, but this movie is a masterpiece. It would have over 90% on RT if it wasn't for liberal hillary clinton supporting journalists and reviewers trying to bury this movie ASAP with negative reviews.

If you actually watched this movie you would know that it was a million times better than other similar movies like American Sniper, which currently has 72% on RT.

It just pisses me off to no end that there are so many reviewers that can't even give an honest review of a movie just because it doesn't agree with their politics.
>>
im in the Theater right now waiting for it to start. I honestly thought something was up about that score.
>>
Does it attack Shillary in any way?
>>
File: 11190818_ori.jpg (287KB, 800x1185px) Image search: [Google]
11190818_ori.jpg
287KB, 800x1185px
Same shit happened to No Escape

Wasn't a bad movie at all but then every reviewer was just talking about how their feelings were offended by the movie's supposedly racist representation of asian people, instead of actually reviewing the quality of the movie.
>>
>>64911556

She isn't mentioned by name, which wasn't necessary anyway because everybody already knows who allowed it to happen.
>>
It's not only because of the politics tbqh familia
Any Michael Bay movie is set at 65% from the start. Critics are afraid to be called plebs.
>>
>>64911095
>this has a 58%

Meanwhile...

>Selma has 98%
>12 Years a Slave has 97%
>Guardians of the Galaxy has a 91%
>Star Wars: TFA has 93%

It's time we stopped listening to these worthless critics - 95% of whom are geeky fanboys who associates loving Marvel and Star Wars with loving film as an art - and decide for ourselves what movies are good and what a shit.
>>
This board is garbage and doesn't want to actually talk about the fucking movie, and I'm a Bay fan, Transformers aside. You guys don't give a shit about movies
>>
>>64912475
Those ratings are just the percentage of people who gave it a 5.1 score or better. So if 93% of critics decided that Star Wars was a 6/10, it gets a 93% on RT. It doesn't necessarily mean that the movie is good, just that it's not bad.
>>
>>64912475

Have you even watched it? I bet you haven't, but here you are sperging about how movies you don't like raped your mother or something.

Stop trying so fucking hard to fit in, you cunt.
>>
>>64912540
>abloobloobloo I want to discuss movies but even reddit is mean about Bay
>>
What do you expect

It doesn't have gay shit or oppressed minorities

It's about patriotic americans getting fucked over by idoitic liberals and liberals hate that shit
>>
>>64911434
Isn't it out on the 22nd?
>>
I'm pretty pumped to see it. The whole Benghazi story is just crazy.
>>
Benghazi is probably the biggest fuck up in American history
>>
>>64912682

What about the Stock Market crash?
>>
>>64912720

No, economic stuff just happens you can't really predict it.

Benghazi was a deliberate fuck up. They KNEW there was no security, they KNEW an attack was coming, they KNEW an attack was HAPPENING and still refused to send help.

We didn't even get there for a month after.
>>
>>64912720
That wasn't a fuck up, it was a social economical phenomenon
>>
>>64912635
>>64911434 BUSTED
>>
>>64912778
>>64912764

OK cool, was just throwing that out there for trivia's sake, thanks guys.
>>
>>64912793
No I was being idiotic, I had it mixed up with another movie. It is released today indeed.
>>
>>64911095
How is it a masterpiece?
>>
Should I watch Pain and Gain?
>>
>>64912587
Holy fuck "a bloo bloo" fucking kill yourself you skinny pimply faggot

Can we make this a Bay General?

Best Bay
Worst Bay
Best Bay Girl
Thoughts on 13 Hours?
>>
>>64912828
BUSTED
>>
>>64912917
>Best Bay

Tough but I'm gonna go with Bad Boys

>Worst Bay

Pearl Harbor

>Best Bay Girl

Tea Leoni

>Thoughts on 13 Hours?

Shock n' Awe has come home
>>
>>64912917
>Holy fuck "a bloo bloo" fucking kill yourself you skinny pimply faggot
Go to /r/flicks, chump
Maybe they'll want pleb discussion
>>
>>64911095
I think it's because people still can't forget who directed the movie and this is the reason for this surprisingly low score.
I admit I wasn't expecting Bay to make it work.
>>
>>64912764

>No, economic stuff just happens you can't really predict it.

Oh you poor soul

The stock market crashes because it's 99% fraud.
>>
>>64912855

Because it's really good.
>>
>>64912938
More like
>BAYSTED

>>64912917
>Best Bay
SHIT JUST GOT REAL (both of them)
>Worst Bay
Japanese Kamikaze Simulator 1941
>Best Bay Girl
Arwen Evenstar
>Thoughts on 13 Hours?
I'm in it so it's fucking awesome
>>
>>64912988

Nah any fraud elements just made it worse, but the cause was the housing market bubble created by the federal government pushing banks to give home loans out to poor people at interest rates much lower than their real risk value.

And then it popped big time.
>>
>>64913027
>I'm in it so it's fucking awesome

U wot
>>
>>64913087
I had a small acting part in it. Been waiting for it for half a year.

Bay throws nice afterparties.
>>
>>64912917
>Best Bay
Pain and Gain
>Worst Bay
From what I understand Pearl Harbor
>Best Bay Girl
Call me a pleb, but Fox in T1.
>Thoughts on 13 Hours
I'm hype. My family's hard right wing republican, and even though I'm a moderate I do wanna see a well-made action movie that may or may not fuck Hilary in the ass.
>>
>>64912973
Nice choices, I forgot about Pearl Harbor which is fucking weak

>Best Bay
Got to go with The Rock for based Connery and Harris.

>Worst Bay
I really hate the transformer sequels because it tied down Bay to a franchise I do not give a shit about (much like Cameron and Avatar)

>Best Bay Girl
The slut from Pain and Gain

>Thoughts on 13 hours
If rumors of the next transformers being his last are true and he has more stand alone movies coming out I'm hyped and 13 hours looks like a through back to The Rock.

>>64912983
Says the faggot who unironically uses "a bloo bloo" I swear you're into diaper play.
>>
>>64913130

Come on man, you gotta have at least one pic you can show us from it
>>
>>64913130
Give us some more details anon. Tell us more about the part you play, who you met at the parties, if you got your dick tugged in Bay's swimming pool.
>>
>>64913199
I can't as the few I managed to take was just me with some of the other actors so you would see nothing of real importance and I'd divulge my identity. Remember any actual photos of the set and all that is a huge legal no-no.

I can answer a few questions though if I'm able.

And Word on set was that Bad Boys 3 is coming after 13 Hours
>>
>>64913217
Well there's rumours that he's bi at least. He really likes big muscular oiled-up black dudes. The parties were just for cast and crew really so anyone who wasn't involved wasn't present.
>>
>>64913282
What other things have you acted in?
>>
>>64913330
I can't say, again. I'm sorry, but I've been on 4chan since almost the start so I know how bad it can get.
>>
>>64913379

Well tell us some cool things about this movie then. Was there a political undertone in it? Are the actors in it conservatives? Just give us some cool info.
>>
>>64913168
>Says the faggot who unironically uses "a bloo bloo" I swear you're into diaper play.
Says the redditor who complains about /tv/ not discussing things, much less fucking Michael Bay
Whatever terrible taste this board has, at least their not wasting their brain cells on discussing literal garbage
That job's for you I guess
>>
>>64912682

Mogadishu?
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 220x343px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 220x343px
>>64912917
Worst Bay. Although I don't hate the other films in the series really, this one was just particularly awful. I think it was during that writers strike so they had to piece together a script and story
>>
File: tv_daring.png (14KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tv_daring.png
14KB, 500x500px
>>64913442
>posts in a bay thread
>gets BTFO for memeing
>gets buttblasted for having shit taste and being a faggot who's into diaper play
>>
>>64913415
Well, I can say that the movie definitely had a lot of gung-ho Americanisms. Some of the supporting characters are actual seals, delta force or ex. There was a lot of "SEMPER FI, HOO-AHH" vibes if you can understand my meaning. Shirts of "BRAVE MEN AND WOMEN IN THE CORPS" and military-leaning cliques. I wouldn't say the main actors are conservatives (shit, there's a brit in there and Krasinki ain't a conservative I think) but some are, yes. I think Max MArtini was (also the guy's fucking massive in it, like Space Marine-tier)

I dunno if there was a political aim on purpose, but it's going to resonate a lot with military peoples. Kinda like American Sniper, it was technically about the guy himself but it turned out to have a strong political feel to it. It also has cheesy about brave americans risking their lives and all that.
>>
>>64913588
Cheesy dialogue*, my bad bruh. Proud to know Americans like you etc
>>
>>64913542
>person who unironically saved a neo-/tv/ forced meme is calling out other people for memeing and having bad taste
>while also wanting discussion about Michael Bay
OK, so you're obsessed with diapers. That doesn't mean other people are. Seeking help is easy and it's not too late, just start by calling your mom downstairs.
>>
>>64911737
Shit, I forgot about that movie. Nobody ever mentioned it but I remember being really interested when seeing the preview, because I rarely see popular media covering issues like political unrest in what I assume was meant to be Thailand, though the synopsis I find online seems to say they made up a country.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>64912917
>Best
The Rock or Pain & Gain, hard to pick one

>worst
Transformers 2 easily. Haven't seen Pearl Harbor

>best bay girl
Pic related

>Thoughts on 13 Hours?
No idea really, not a huge fan of war movies. Might check it out though.
>>
File: 1430110063020.jpg (18KB, 267x395px) Image search: [Google]
1430110063020.jpg
18KB, 267x395px
>>64911737
Some normie friends actually brought this movie to my house to watch and i expected to land in groan zone for 90 minutes. Specially when i saw Owen Wilson was the main Character.

My fears were somewhat accurate considering he and his "family" are pretty bland, but the setting of the film caught me by surprise. It actually did turn out to be relentlessly butt-clenching levels of suspense. I actually enjoyed it a lot. Not sure if i'd watch it againg, though.
>>
>>64913649
> he's still going after being BTFO twice now
> "mom must be downstairs" meme
You've got a lot of nerve calling someone neo-tv when you started this by unironically saying "a bloo bloo" like some tunblr faggot. But hey you're so patrician yet can't seem to leave this thread because whatever ego you had left to prevent you from committing suicide was wrecked when someone rightfully called you a faggot.
>>
File: 1bY4aG8.jpg (92KB, 951x720px) Image search: [Google]
1bY4aG8.jpg
92KB, 951x720px
>>64912475
RT is dogshit, IMDB has more accurate ratings.
>>
>>64914391
>if I say BTFO a couple more times it'll make it true
>I'll just call him tumblr
You seem to know a lot about that place.

>But hey you're so patrician yet can't seem to leave this thread
Because I'm trying to school you. I'm a kind person so take heed of my advice. It's obvious you crave for my words since you keep replying to me like the little Bay bitch boy that you are, calling this board shit for not discussing the latest meme movie. It's tourist cancer like you who want to talk about Star Wars, capeshit and whatever your local multiplex screams at you to watch that are shitting up an already dying board. Thanks for all that contribution, fuckhead.

Also learn to read, because I implied that you're the one downstairs in your basement, not your mom. Are Bay fans so stupid that they can't even understand a simple sentence properly? Not all that surprising, really.
>>
File: kurt_russell_bigtroublein_10.jpg (58KB, 533x400px) Image search: [Google]
kurt_russell_bigtroublein_10.jpg
58KB, 533x400px
>>64914712
> this entire fucking post

lol okay I take back the tumblr response since this reads like a /tv/ sperglord post. I really like this post. Long day at work I appreciate it but you're still an absolute faggot
>>
Let's face it, neo-Journalism is riddled with bias and agenda

it's pretty fucking sad, we're witnessing the death of objectivity
>>
>>64912917
Best Bay: Rock

Worst bay: transformers 3 or Pearl harbor

Best Girl: Kate beckinsale in Pearl Harbor

Thoughts: need to see it
>>
>>64914964
>no argument
>let me just call him a sperglord faggot
This is it, he's finally outed himself as a crossposter who can't even carry an argument without signing off with a meme picture and /b/ tier insults. It really is a shame though because I seem to be picking on him when 90% of the posters now on /tv/ are exactly like this dumbfuck. At least you got it right that I'm /tv/. Now run back to whatever video game board you crawled out of.
>>
Good job destroying the threat you autists
>>
>>64915374

thread*
>>
>It would have over 90% on RT if it wasn't for liberal hillary clinton supporting journalists and reviewers trying to bury this movie ASAP with negative reviews.

Bingo.
Quite sickening, really.
>>
>>64915292
What am I suppose to say? How do you argue with an honest to god autist? I really don't know.

Whats the word on Bad Boys 3?
>>
>>64915925
>How do you argue with an honest to god autist? I really don't know.
I've already laid out my points. Learn from them and then you can learn to debate properly. /tv/ will welcome new users but not if they're absolutely mongoloids who can't take or give proper criticism.
>>
>>64916156
What points did you make again? I said people should drop the pseudo intellectual politcal debate and talk about Bay and his movies in a thread about his upcomong movie. And you came in "a bloo bloo" and some shit and argued we shouldn't do that.

I understand you're on the spectrum but really the way you entered this thread was guaranteed I wouldn't take you and your special brand of buttblasted all that seriously.
>>
>>64916267
>What points did you make again?
That you're a moron who can't argue anything without talking about diapers and other /v/ level playground insults.

>I said people should drop the pseudo intellectual politcal debate and talk about Bay and his movies in a thread about his upcomong movie.
And I said if you're so mad about people not discussing pleb shit like Bay on /tv/ of all places, you can go somewhere else instead of crying about it. Hence the "abloobloobloo". Because that was you.

>I wouldn't take you and your special brand of buttblasted all that seriously.
Is that why you can't drop this argument already? Why do you want to keep losing again and again, especially when there aren't any other people here left to discuss your shit movies. Like I said before, fuck off somewhere else if you can't hold an argument on this board and get upset over any sort of criticism.
>>
>>64912475
12 years a Slave is a good movie m8
>>
>>64913451
The guys who wrote that movie only write shitty scripts so I doubt the strike had anything to do with the quality of that film
>>
>/tv/ will now start to defend Bay and all of his other movies

Great board
>>
>>64916429
You certainly seem like the upset one here m8. As for the board discussing Bay and his movies there was a nice Bay general going until you felt the need to impress no one by trying argue with someone who has no interest in your whiney arguing and false sense of superiority. By all means youre allowed to leave the thread and maybe start a Lucas is Kino thread where you and a few others can play pretend.

And its honestly embarrassing to see what I presume to be an adult defend and reiterate "abloobloobloo" unironically.

As for the rest of the thread, what do you guys think of the chances of Bay being accepted critical for his non-transformers movies, since I think we can agree that most of those and Pearl harbor are shit
>>
>>64916673
>You certainly seem like the upset one here m8.
Says the one who literally can't stop replying to me, even after he admits that I am apparently a sperglord and on the spectrum. What compels you to defend Bay so rabidly? Do you just want validation on an anonymous shitposting website? Or are you just a bored, easily impressed teenager?

>As for the board discussing Bay and his movies there was a nice Bay general going
So your idea of a good thread is where everyone agrees with each other? As I've implied before, you'd find a better fit at another website where any opposing viewpoint is hurriedly buried under digital thumbs downses.

>and maybe start a Lucas is Kino thread where you and a few others can play pretend.
You seriously think I'm pretending to hate Bay? As if that's not self-evident enough? Your leaps of logic are as fantastical as the scenario where I defend anyone like Lucas.

>And its honestly embarrassing to see what I presume to be an adult defend and reiterate "abloobloobloo" unironically.
It was said as a greentext, to describe what I saw you as - a whining child who wants everything to go according to his own adolescent and stunted taste. And I'm glad to see that I was so very right.
>>
>>64913451
Revenge of the Fallen is one of the most underrated films of the century.

Oh, it's not good, but God Damn is it entertaining.
>>
>>64916870
>Says the one who literally can't stop replying to me, even after he admits that I am apparently a sperglord and on the spectrum. What compels you to defend Bay so rabidly?
You're just as guilty replying to me as I am you, so where does that leave us? Also point out where I was defending Bay, since that wasn't at all what we were arguing about.

Also chances are more than likely I'm older than you but believe whatever you want if it helps you get over your temper tantrum.

>So your idea of a good thread is where everyone agrees with each other? As I've implied before, you'd find a better fit at another website where any opposing viewpoint is hurriedly buried under digital thumbs downses.
My idea of a good thread is a thread talking about the movies and filmmaker referenced in the OP, which is something you clearly can't abide because you so desperately need your memes in order to forge yourself at least a resemblance of a personality.

>You seriously think I'm pretending to hate Bay? As if that's not self-evident enough? Your leaps of logic are as fantastical as the scenario where I defend anyone like Lucas.
No, I think you have an inflated sense of self worth and hold your own opinion far too high given your generally shitty attitude. So by all means go play patrician pretend elsewhere this thread/board is not for you

>It was said as a greentext, to describe what I saw you as - a whining child who wants everything to go according to his own adolescent and stunted taste. And I'm glad to see that I was so very right.
I've given you an out three times, allowing to back pedal on an incredibly embarrassing post you clearly picked up on "SJW/Cuckold" threads and you refuse to. Okay, I tried
>>
File: Michael Bay Megan Fox.jpg (108KB, 815x774px) Image search: [Google]
Michael Bay Megan Fox.jpg
108KB, 815x774px
>>64916590
I think the first transformers is alright, the next ones are indeed shitty. But they are movies for kids and asians after all.

Pearl Harbour had a dumb script, but visually it was perfect.
>>
>>64912917
>Best Bay
Pain & Gain
>Worst Bay
Pearl Harbor
>Best Bay Girl
Claire Forlani of course
>Thoughts on 13 Hours?
Going to see it tomorrow
>>
>>64917572
>You're just as guilty replying to me as I am you, so where does that leave us?
But you're the one getting annoyed over it because apparently I have autism, yet still you seek to lecture me again and again. If I indeed have some kind of mental illness, why do you keep coming back? I know that I'm replying to you so that you can learn something, but why are you arguing with a supposed aspie? Once more, is that the only validation you get in your sad life?

>Also chances are more than likely I'm older than you but believe whatever you want if it helps you get over your temper tantrum.
As someone who admits to unabashedly liking Michael Bay movies, that's really quite hard to believe. But if that's the delusion you want to live in and nurture, be my guest. That would make it at least two people here with mental problems then.

>My idea of a good thread is a thread talking about the movies and filmmaker referenced in the OP,
And my idea of good creative discussion is a tension of opposing and non-agreeable viewpoints. A circlejerk does not constitute constructive discussion, it is always through argument and dispute that good ideas are meditated upon and exchanged.

>So by all means go play patrician pretend elsewhere this thread/board is not for you
You seem to be making more mistakes as you go along, but that's alright since I am here. Most people on this board would not care nor be kind enough to point this out to stupid users, but I am not most people. If opinions trigger you this hard you should seriously stop posting and learn more about films and debating and discussing things calmly rather than being offended by every other opinion people here can hold. This board and website is exactly for people like me, but sensitive buffoons like you want to warp it to suit your own echo-chamber sensibilities. Stop complaining, accept criticism and start thinking analytically.
>>
>>64917572
>you clearly picked up on "SJW/Cuckold" threads
Wow, you sure know a lot about those kind of threads. I wonder why? Do you accuse people of being "cucks" every time say, someone talks about the British Broadcasting Corporation? Is a certain onomatopoeic rendering of a baby crying, which accurately describes your state, the trademark of interracial perversity? You sure seem to have given them a lot of leverage and credit for thinking in such an idiotic way.
>>
>>64912682
9/11 was bigger
>>
>>64912778
IT HAPPEND 3 TIMES IN 20th CENTURY
Its not a fuck up, the system is shity af inside.
>>
Cant wait to go see this movie

Buthurt Hillary supporters everywhere
>>
>>64911095
So January has become "republican movie" season?
>>
>>64918058
>>64918109

Oof all this autism and delusions of grandeur. Credit where credit is due I'm surprised it took you this long to bring up "echo chambers" but I'm glad you held off. I won't be responding to your posts anymore, but I do think you should read the self congratulatory nature of your posts before you start accusing someone of having a sad life looking for vindication on an anonymous board, glass houses and all that. Feel free to stick around in the thread though, we're just going going to be talking about Michael Bay and Benghazi here.

To everyone else, are the transformer sequels worth it since they mostly look terrible. I liked Pain and Gain but didn't care for even the first transformers movie
>>
>>64913282
Any interesting stories about the other actors or Bay while on set?
>>
File: image.jpg (123KB, 640x1052px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 640x1052px
>>64912635
Uhm no? I'm pretty sure it's out today. Kinda just saw it
>>
>>64918839
Here's your reply.
>>
File: Never Forget.jpg (85KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Never Forget.jpg
85KB, 640x480px
>>64912682
>Benghazi is probably the biggest fuck up in American history
confirmed for not knowing American history.
>>
Literally the most butthurt review of all time

>13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi review – Michael Bay plays politico for the Fox News crowd

>Michael Bay’s bloody bonanza about the 2012 US compound attack is atrocious, shrewdly timed for the presidential race and so scornful of foreign intervention it could be pacifist

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/jan/14/13-hours-secret-soldiers-benghazi-review-michael-bay-libya-benghazi-attack-2012
>>
>>64919109
>shrewdly timed for the presidential race
it will be forgotten about in a couple of months, this election hasn't even swung into top gear yet
>>
>>64911737
That pissed me off. Art should not be limited to feels.
>>
>>64918839
>are the transformer sequels worth it
No, they're pretty much all the same film, don't waste your time
>>
File: Autism.gif (2MB, 491x400px) Image search: [Google]
Autism.gif
2MB, 491x400px
>vulgar auteurism
>>
Braddy Jones reviewed it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlO4RHyq9bs

I find the "they talk like videogame characters" complaint funny.
>>
>>64912542
>So if 93% of critics decided that Star Wars was a 6/10, it gets a 93% on RT.
Which is why you look at the average rating, which is quite high for The Force Awakens. Bad example on your part.
>>
> Michael Bay
> Rooha Murican Pride movie

There was literally no way this movie was going to get good reviews
>>
>>64911095
I hate Michael Bay, and I suspect that i'll dislike 13 Hours, but anyone who doesn't think that the negative reaction its gotten is at least somewhat political needs to read the 1 star Guardian review. You can really feel the vitriolic anti-military hatred
>>
How was Hilary Clinton responsible for this?
>>
>>64920295
Every other country was closing down their embassies in the area due to security concerns, while the US left it open, refused to send resources for protection despite being asked, and didn't respond as it was being attacked. It was Hilary's call because she was secretary of state at the time.
>>
>>64920293
>Don’t tell me this movie isn’t political. Michael Bay’s Benghazi bonanza is timed for release just before the Iowa caucus and the New Hampshire primary. It’ll hit DVD in time for the general election. There are approximately 400,000 instances in this not-very-subtle screenplay where Fox News viewers are cued to hiss at a phantom Hillary Rodham Clinton, the right wing’s scapegoat for the missteps that kept the Benghazi outpost fighting so long without backup. As these brave men take fire, their inquiries about air support become a clear indictment against a perceived US policy of pussification. While the boondoggle portrayed in 13 Hours may be based on fact, this is movie is fuelled by paranoia and hate. Paranoia about a culture too foreign to grasp except as a bunch of mindless monsters, and hate against a government that won’t let us destroy them.

>boondoggle portrayed in 13 Hours may be based on fact, this is movie is fuelled by paranoia and hate.

i.e. it's all true but portraying it accurately makes you paranoid

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/jan/14/13-hours-secret-soldiers-benghazi-review-michael-bay-libya-benghazi-attack-2012
>>
>>64920558
but they will risk it all to save his hide from the swarm of “bad guys” surrounding his quarters, as in Cy Endfield’s Zulu.

They literally put quotes around the term bad guys when referring to a group of people that literally murdered innocent government officials.
>>
>>64918753
Last year, American Sniper officially came out the last week in December so it could be considered for 2014 awards. I'm pretty sure they didn't bother attempting that with this movie.
>>
>>64920676
You mean the same 'government officials' who are working on behalf of the world super power to kill hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians in their part of the world?
>>
>>64911095
Michael Bay is good at chaining together lots of overblown scenes - it's something that keeps moviegoer masses happy in the same way that American dubsteps non-stop bass drops keeps music plebs content.
>>
>>64920558
Protip: The Guardian is staffed by milquetoast left wing cretins.
>>
>>64921026
Nice meme. The United States hasn't killed hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians since WWII. The 250,000 causality number in Iraq is almost entirely caused by insurgent forces. Also, there's a clear diplomatic distinction between killing a solider in combat and killing officials who aren't fighting back.
>>
>>64920470
If I remember correctly, the marines on duty also weren't allowed to have loaded weapons.
>>
>>64911095
It has a bad score because it was directed by Michael Bay.

If it had Kathryn Bigelow attached to it, everyone would love it.
>>
>>64921345
That could also be because Kathryn Bigelow generally makes much better movies
>>
>>64921453
This guy might be on to something
>>
>>64921453
She objectively does not you cinematically illiterate retard, but I bet you'd think it was great if it was her name in the director's spot instead of michael bay.
>>
It's finally happened - the Transformers fans have taken over.
>>
>>64921512
Why would you even make the comparison? Both of their last films are politically sensitive and deal with Middle Eastern conflicts, but they're tonally and aesthetically completely different directors. Zero Dark Thirty hardly has any combat in it. Cinematic ignorance is thinking that there's a comparison to be made.
>>
>>64921453
I'm not a Bay fan at all, but I'd rather see his movies than anything Bigelow might put out nowadays. At least Bay is semi-entertaining.
>>
>>64921626
If this thread is any indication is that no body, even fans of Bay, really care for any of the Transformers movies
>>
>>64921805
Says more about you than either Bay or Bigelow
>>
i dont like bayshit but i do want to relive the thrill of vilerats death in glorious 4k
>>
>>64921512
Bigelow made pro-American propaganda and got rave reviews for it
Bay made pro-American propaganda and has got shit for it
Did the critics go conservative for Bigelow and liberal for Bay?
>>
>>64921989
Thinking that Zero Dark Thirty is pro-American betrays your inability to decipher the most basic thematic content
>>
>>64922097
its pro-torture so it's a defence of US policy, ergo, pro-American
>>
>>64922197
Zero Dark Thirty is about one woman’s monomania amid CIA bureaucratic incompetence and shady moral ambiguity. If you leave that movie thinking that torture is either morally justified or useful, then you have mental problems. They only find Bin Laden after they stop using torture.
>>
>>64922097
>movie shows many times how they used unethical means to get information
>how the CIA operated with impunity in other countries
>all this is supposed to be swept under the rug because of an emotional final scene where her reasons are left ambiguous
>>
>>64922097
Of course it's pro-American. They make it subtle, acting as if it is somehow critical. The message seems to be "war is complicated and confusing, politicians are dumb, we work hard but sometimes make mistakes, but there are good people trying their best for America and they are risking their lives to try to keep you safe. So let's not change anything."

The heroes are literally the government operatives and spooks.
>>
>>64912475
Selma and 12 Years are good
>>
>>64922369
You're confused. You think portrayal is endorsement. The fact the CIA is portrayed as morally fucked is intended to leave the audience with the question as to whether or not the means were justified. There is no happy "We got Bin Laden!!" moment.
>>
>>64922408
>So let's not change anything
Except that when they do change to slightly more moral, they get more done. The film is ambiguous throughout; what you're upset about is that it didn't tell you what to think. The film refused to proselytize and tell you how useful or awful the CIA is.
>>
>>64922408
It's like you're so obsessed with ideology that you can't handle any portrayal of moral ambiguity.
>>
>>64922619
You're making the assumption that the movie tells the real story. It likely tells a highly vetted version of the truth that the US is comfortable letting out there, but is likely total bullshit, and the filmmakers are complicit in the coverup, either knowingly or unknowingly.
>>
>>64914533
TOPKEK THIS PIC IS SO GOOD

CUZ HER NOODZ LEAKED THRU ICLOUD :^)
>>
>>64912764

wow you oughta tell the DOJ that because they didnt find shit
>>
>>64922708
No, I love movies that don't preach and put the burden on the viewer to decide. I don't think ZDT was like that, I think it was heavily pro-status quo in many subtle ways. I think the only people who might think it legitimately portrayed any kind of moral ambiguity are cucked NPR listeners.
>>
>>64922796
I realize that it's a story, and i'm judging its message with the knowledge that it isn't 100% historically accurate. Whether or not it's entirely made up, the central thesis of the film (the complex interaction between methods and means, and what's justified in order to save potential lives) is still salient.
>>
>>64922923
I bet you read Zizek
>>
>>64922999
nope, do not know who he is.
>>
>>64922856

Ah yes, the DoJ, run by the impeccable Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch.
>>
>>64923093
ZIZEK IS A HILARIOUS LISPY COKED UP SLOVENIAN POP PHILOSOPHER

HAVE SUM TULIPS.FLV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5yoqjABeBM
>>
File: S.jpg (52KB, 665x711px) Image search: [Google]
S.jpg
52KB, 665x711px
>>64923157
>HSSSSSSST HSSSSSSSST HSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST
>>
>>64923896
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg7qdowoemo
Thread posts: 137
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.