[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

10 CLOVERFIELD LANE ARG THREAD #1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 50

File: image.png (97KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
97KB, 750x1334px
Alright you fuckers, let's figure out this damn password.

http://thecellarmovie.com
>>
crappyoriginalmeritsnosequel
>>
>>64898280
glibfacsimile
>>
The original was shit why is this getting so much hype
>>
Someone enlist /g/ to help us out.
>>
>>64898280
I feel like this is gonna be The Mist but with Clover at the end.
>>
it could be a hashtag, putting a hashtag in front of the password doesn't redirect you to an error page
>>
Mark my words

>Bunker is under a ruined NYC filled with Clover and a bunch of parasites
>John Goodman's character's family died in the initial attack
>He uses the bunker to rebuild with a new family in NYC
>End is her leaving the bunker, exploring for a little bit before Clover eats her and parasites swarm the celler
>>
>>64898399
because the viral campaign was goat
>>
fuckoffshillskikesandhacks
>>
>>64898280
How sure are we that this is related to Cloverfield? The website goes all the way back to 2011 so I'm not completely sold on it.
>>
>>64898423
And that would make sense, seeing as people are probably gonna spam the shit out of that tag on Twitter
>>
>>64898423

Listen to this anon.
He is on to something.

Think the "Reality is just an illusion" words mean anything for the hashtag???
>>
>>64898378
If that's his plan, than yes.
The real question is what's the next step in his master plan?
>>
"Cloverfield" is going to become Bad Robot's brand name for original movies with big twists and surprises. It won't have any literal connection to the film.

Also, this person (https://twitter.com/CharlesLandy/status/687873761203208192) confirms the movie has nothing to do with Cloverfield, from a test screening.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 956x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 956x640px
>>64898461
The 10 Cloverfield Lane trailer seemed to be a good indicator.
>>
>>64898511
No i mean this website.
>>
>>64898461
well, when was the work on the sequel started? i bet in 2011...
>>
>>64898488
What a terrible idea.
>>
>>64898477
Damn first Georgie Porgie, now Jew Jew. Who is next, tarantino?
>>
>>64898488
If that's true, then who's John Gallagher Jr. playing?

He wasn't in the original script.
>>
>>64898488
>https://twitter.com/CharlesLandy/status/687873761203208192
>Trailer just leaked
>Tries to capitalize on hype by saying he saw it
>Just now decides to talk about it
Yeah, I'm sure he saw it. He probably just read the original draft of the screenplay
>>
>>64898488

They likely made it a Cloverfield sequel and reshot and changed the shit outside the bunker to fit in with Cloverfield because the original movie didn't test well
>>
>>64898487
I tried anything with Einstein, because he said "Reality is just an illusion, albeit a persistent one."
>>
i have the password, trips gets it
>>
Tried "Help us" and "it's still alive" with no luck (both were in the after credits of the first one)
>>
>>64898280
tbqh, at this moment, I'm more interested in the actual development of this film more than the ARG.

The script was out there before it was picked up by Paramount; there was no Cloverfield shit in it then, obviously. Bad Robot then moved forward with development in cooperation with Paramount's Insurge division, meaning it had a budget of $5 million or less. Making a Cloverfield flick for that little doesn't seem right. Filming was finished ~the beginning of 2015. Months into 2015, Insurge got folded into Paramount proper with Valencia being the only project on the table.

Bad Robot's 2015 had Mission Impossible and Star Wars. I guess it was then in March of 2015 that they decided to retool the film into a Cloverfield flick, giving themselves a year for reshoots, effects editing, and all that.
>>
>>64898624
>>>/b/
>>
>>64898488
>some literal who on twitter said something
Wow thanks for this great insight
>>
File: The Cloverfield Monster.webm (244KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
The Cloverfield Monster.webm
244KB, 640x360px
First for John Goodman's delicious ass
>>
>>64898461
because its from bad robot and Abrams who made the original?
>>
Based Damien Chazelle screenwriter HYPE
>>
>>64898666
>>64898624
Nigger the devil trips got it
>>
What did this ever end up being?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88_Ay88v_fk
>>
>>64898488
but abrams calls it a blood relative of cloverfield

He said they'd bring up the other side of the bridge in another movie one day. Maybe this is it?
>>
>>64898666
Again I'm talking about the website. I cant find anything that remotely links that website to Cloverfield/Bad Robot or anything close. Where did we find this site?
>>
>>64898742
it was for a book or some shit
>>
>>64898742

A book JJ wrote
>>
>>64898533
Oh.

Well, I have no clue. How'd you learn it's from 2011?
>>
>>64898764
It was just posted in another thread, and it fit the idea of an ARG that needed a password.
>>
>>64898764
I found it. The movie was, at one point, titled The Cellar. First thing I did when I heard about this was spam my URL bar with shit like cloverfield2.com 10cloverfieldlane.com thecellarmovie.com, etc.
>>
>>64898778
I'm not sure how great the waybackmachine website works. This is my first time using it but it has been the same since like Feb. 2011
>>
they would not put cloverfield in the title if it was gonna be the start of some anthology series for bad robot

that would backfire on them so badly. people wanna know what happens after the first movie, they better deliver with this.
>>
>>64898823
Oh ok that makes a bit more sense now. Well good on ya Anon.
>>
I think I'd like to live in a small underground bunker
>>
>>64898423
Probably whatever Tag you put spams it to Twitter. So this is going to be spamed everywhere.
>>
Where is 10 Cloverfield Lane?
Can someone do a map search for it?
>>
File: im the fucking best.jpg (66KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
im the fucking best.jpg
66KB, 1024x768px
>>64898851
No problem. Also,
>>
For anyone wondering, the music played in the trailer was "I think we're alone now" by Tommy James and the Shondells
>>
>>64898922
There's one here in Indiana, but it's nowhere special.
>>
>>64898832
They are calling it a "blood relative". Not saying I think it will be an anthology, just putting the info out there.
http://collider.com/cloverfield-2-secret-movie-10-cloverfield-lane/

>We subsequently reached out to Paramount Pictures for comment, who provided Collider with this exclusive statement from J.J. Abrams himself:

“The idea came up a long time ago during production. We wanted to make it a blood relative of Cloverfield. The idea was developed over time. We wanted to hold back the title for as long as possible.”
>>
>>64898923
>im the fucking best
Because you can hit f12? I just looked through all the html and there isn't shit.
>>
how do you do a blood relative of cloverfield without monsters or any of those parasite things? plus the movie is in imax, you know they aren't spending all that time in the bunker.
>>
>>64898427
nigga they aint gonna have this be an imax movie for that
>>
>>64898922

Was the first movie called Cloverfield because that's the name of the street in Santa Monica,CA where they worked on the movie?
>>
>>64898434
you are the goat
or rather a sheep
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPYpJA1NnL8
It's bad quality but here it is.
>>
>>64899037

What I like is how articles keep mentioning the "blood relative" thing like it means anything. "Blood relative" is not a fucking genre of movie.
>>
>>64899044

True... But then again this comes out March 11th, the same month of Batman v. Superman so it'll be in Imax for 2 weeks
>>
i'm dictionary attacking it
>>
>>64899047
its the name of a street near JJ Abram's office

but you can't put cloverfield in the title and think people won't immediately connect it to giant monsters
>>
File: cloverfieldlane.png (222KB, 1397x765px) Image search: [Google]
cloverfieldlane.png
222KB, 1397x765px
>>64898922
there's a bunch of 10 cloverfield lanes
>>
>>64899062
Is it just gonna be the events of the original film but from a separate point of view or what?
>>
>>64898563
Do you have link to the script?
>>
>>64899047
Isn't Cloverfield a nickname for Central Park?
>>
>>64899119
How the fuck is anybody supposed to know?
>>
>>64899119
My guess: It takes place after Cloverfield, after New York was bombed.
>>
>>64899087
It's a way of explaining that it's not a direct sequel, calm the fuck down
>>
>>64899047
>>64899107
I just looked it up and it's a Boulevard, not a Lane.
>>
>>64899130
Nah, that's just hearsay. All I know is that a third dude character hasn't been revealed to us at all, even when the movie was called Valencia.
>>
>>64899131
I don't know about irl, but lorewise, it was the military's codename for "the area formerly known as Central Park", where the camera was found.
>>
>>64899119

I would guess it's years later, and they're just surviving in some underground bunker
>>
It comes out in March. Who gives a fuck, I can wait. Nothing will ever match the Cloverfield ARG. That was fucking fantastic, even though the movie wasn't very good.
>>
>>64899119
"After a car accident, a young woman awakens in an underground cellar, where most of the action takes place. She fears she has been abducted by a survivalist, who tells her he saved her life and that a chemical attack has left the outside world uninhabitable. Uncertain what to believe, she decides she must escape, whatever dangers she may face outside. “As it goes on, it gets progressively darker and darker, and less and less funny, and weirder."

It is not a straight sequel but is set within the same universe.

I have no idea what the fuck the chemical attack has to do with the monster. Perhaps it is a lie told by the survivalist.
>>
>>64899160
thats everybodys guess
>>
>>64899087

same universe, but has nothing to do with any of the original characters. Might not even be in NYC. Probably years later
>>
>>64899109
Maybe one closest to NYC?

>>64899181
Is there any lanes in or near Central Park that could fit the address?
>>
I keep re watching the trailer trying to see if there's a website URL anywhere but it's too hard to see when it's in such shit phone quality. I really don't think that the cellarmovie.com one is anything honestly. Especially since it's been there since 2011 apparently.
>>
http://www.usgx8810b467233px.com/access.htm

how long has this been down
>>
>>64899235
there aren't any 10 cloverfield lanes in new york

there's 10 cloverfield drive

maybe it doesn't take place in new york?
>>
>>64899260
Paramount bought the rights to script for The Cellar back in 2011. It's not surprising that they'd buy the rights to the site back then.
>>
So im guessing the 10 cloverfield lane is the one only 30 mins from coney island in new york (where something dropped into the water at the end of the movie in the overwritten cam footage). I'm guessing it takes place after they tried to bomb the monster and goodman is a scavenger who found this girl and brought her in to protect her from whatever is outside. When the monster didn't die at the end of the first movie it set up shop in new york probably waiting for its mom or the mom showed up and they together made some kind of nest. Regardless i highly expect monster action, even if it's just john goodman shaking his ass.
>>
>>64899268
years i'm assuming
>>
>>64899308
Where is it stated the monster is a baby. I keep seeing that, but I don't remember that ever being mentioned.

I probably missed it, but can you remind me?
>>
>>64899295
Where'd you get that info?
>>
in any case LETS FOCUS! did anyone get something other than the "not found" page yet?
>>
Odd. I just highlighted the "reality is an illusion" text and did a Google Search with it, I got "yes" as the search result. Tried it, no luck.
>>
>>64899382
putting a hashtag symbol in front of a password doesn't send you to an error page
>>
>>64899359
Whoops, I was wrong. It was sold in 2012.
http://logins.specscout.com/homepage.php?mod=screenplay&smod=coverage&cmd=cvgd&sp_id=287
>>
>>64899385
yes is that images alt text
>>
http://www.slusho.jp/

ITS STILL UP
>>
>>64899044
That's basically what the hateful eight was, minus the part that justifies it being 70mm
>>
>>64899382
Yes, putting a "#" before any password gives you the homescreen but with a different url based on your password. I'm having a hard time reading the javascript but whatever the password is, it takes you to that url. So don't use spaces or characters that wouldn't go in a URL bar
>>
According to http://collider.com/dan-trachtenberg-valencia/, the budget was originally only $5mil.
Reckon they got more money or is it on the cheap?

Bear in mind that the budget for Cloverfield was only $25mil
>>
>>64899424
Ah. Well. I also tried "Albert Einstein", since he was the most famous person to say reality is just an illusion.

Didn't work. Maybe it has something to do with him thou?
>>
>That scene where the chick inflates and explodes behind the cloth

Still creeps me out to this day
>>
>>64899356
I can't remember exactly where so i won't declare it as fact, but i swear i remember someone tied to the movie mentioning the monster was meant to be a baby but not necessarily meant to have a mom or parent looking for it just that it wasn't as big as it could be if it were an adult.
>>
>>64899385
Search google for the image and you get

>https://www.emaze.com/@AOOCCTOO/Mission-rosetta

SPOOKY xD
>>
>>64899442
This is correct - capitals and lower-case seem to be irrelevant as well.

"Reality is just an illusion, albeit a very persistent one" was a quote attributed to Albert Einstein, so I've been using many combinations of that quote and its components. Doesn't seem to be the right approach.
>>
>>64899492
Try numbers? Possible years, addresses from the movie?
>>
>>64899480
whoa, is that the dish that fell from the sky in the end scene?
>>
>>64899284
>there aren't any 10 cloverfield lanes in new york
I figured since it's the codename the military gives Central Park in the movie.
Thinking about it, maybe Cloverfield could be an area where the monster could be located, like not in NY like you said. Perhaps a contaminated area?
>>
For those saying there wasn't a second guy in the original script, from here:
>>64899421
> Michelle hatches multiple plots to escape, none of which are successful. During one attempt, she finds NATE (20’s) banging on the door to the shelter in a hazmat suit. She lets him in, only to discover that he and Howard know each other. Howard is reluctant to allow Nate to stay in the shelter, but relents. It’s clear they have an unpleasant history. Nate is very flirtatious toward Michelle, and...

I think I need to log in to see more, lel.
>>
>>64899356
Matt Reves said it in an interview. And I'm pretty sure JJ also said at one point or another.

Here's the interview.
http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/13202/press-conference-report-matt-reeves-director-of-cloverfield
>>
>>64899442
Hashtags are used to link to specific sections of a page.
Example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashtag#Function
>>
>>64899538
Examination of the page's source code yields this:

http://www.pagetutor.com/keeper/index.html

If I'm understanding this correctly the password has to the be the name of the target HTML document. Is there any way to work that out from the password page?
>>
>>64899421
I feel like we may be barking up the wrong tree. It works I suppose, but we don't seem to be getting much closer.
>>
>>64899523
Plz do man. Then upload some screenshots if you can.
>>
File: oldandbusted.jpg (55KB, 800x346px) Image search: [Google]
oldandbusted.jpg
55KB, 800x346px
I hate to break it to you, boys, but there will be no monster. No parasites. At least nothing that we'll see physically.

The title is a misnomer to attract both autists with a hard-on for viral marketing (read: you), and the average brainless moviegoer who might possibly remember that shitty found footage monster movie that came out a decade ago. It won't have anything to do with Cloverfield or the monster itself and no one will mention it in the film.

In fact, I imagine it will be 90 minutes of John Goodman going from Dan Connor to Charlie Meadows before MEW escapes and finds something offscreen. Then she either gets out and dies or gets shown the life of the mind.

You guys remember how all that Cloverfield hype went down. Ya'll remember the websites and character MySpaces and Slusho everywhere and you remember what it all led to - a dull, forgettable, guileless movie that was burned out before it even began.

You will be disappointed again. There is no reason to get excited.
>>
>>64899626
Oh, I don't have a login. I'm not part of the biz. Sorry.
>>
>>64899635
>IMAX
>no monster
pick one
>>
>>64899635
(you)
>>
>>64899635
ya whatever, lets get the login and see whats up
>>
>>64899534
>>64899472
Ta.

>>64899523
So, essentially, the difference this time is that Nate is there from the start and instead of a mysterious apoc being the cause, it's the monster?
>>
>>64899635
Why is it in imax? Also doing a who.is search shows that the site has been owned since 09. Expires in april though.
>>
>>64899671
>>no monster
what does[ (you)] mean?
>>
>>64899635
>MEW

I'm sorry, but, being new to /tv/, is this meant to mean something?
>>
>>64899208
Maybe the events of Cloverfield were the chemical attack. A terrorist chemical attack caused mass hallucination in New York.
>>
>>64899611
You are understanding correctly, and not that I know of.
>>
>>64899721
Mary Elizabeth Winstead.
>>
>>64899718
(new)
>>
I keep looking through the Java and trying other passwords while I'm at it. So far the only other success has been typing "Index" which takes you back to the homescreen, no error.
>>
>>64899666
>>64899704

Transcendence was released in IMAX. Don't remember any giant monsters or explosive action scenes in that gem, do you?
>>
>>64899735
Right. Thanks.
>>
>>64899635
no

i refuse to be this negative
>>
>>64899721
>does this mean something?

Yes anon, yes it does.
>>
>>64898423
Not the case, all the password function does is send you to http://thecellarmovie.com/<password>.html, where <password> is the password you entered. # are used as markers in webpages (for example sections in a wiki article). So when you enter # as a password it sends you to http://thecellarmovie.com/#.html, which is basically the landing page pointed at an unspecified section, so you just get the same page.
>>
So nobody actually looked at the wikipedia article for the movie?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10_Cloverfield_Lane
>>
>>64899700
Yep. It was rewritten by Dan Casey to include references to Cloverfield so they could market this movie as a sequel to it. There is no fucking way that they made a large scale monster flick for 5 million dollars.
>>
>movie comes out in less than 2 months

>trailer only just released
>no time to hype/viral an actual ARG

>people actually believe this has anything to do with cloverfield
>>
WE DID IT REDDIT! xDD
>>
>>64899764
lads

why is she so perfect
>>
>>64899756
lol IMAX=Explosive Monsters
Glad we confirmed that theory
>>
I've tried

>AI
>Simulation
>Artificial Intelligence
>Einstein
>Albert Einstein

Please don't tell me capitals and shit matter?
>>
>>64899756
You were probably the only who saw Transendence. Why the fuck would I watch Johnny Depp being pretensious for 2 hours?
>>
>>64899769
Hey, the budget jumped up to $30 million
>>
>>64899770
Not really a problem, I like films like this ANYWAY. I like spooky tension and "who dunnit" type shit. But, being the idiot I am, I've already read the result on /tv/.
>>
>>64899756
well what was the random rumbling shit going on during the trailer? were those just explosions?
>>
>>64899775
Go start a Deadpool thread.
>>
File: Commence the jigglin.jpg (15KB, 200x156px) Image search: [Google]
Commence the jigglin.jpg
15KB, 200x156px
>>64899726
Holy shit, that adds into the reality is only an illusion title on the viral site.
>>
>>64899794
>30 million
>budget for original cloverfield was 25 million
>>
guys, the budget!!!!

>>
HOW THE FUCK DID I MISS THIS

HOW THE FUCK COULD ABRAMS MAKE THIS WITHOUT ANYONE KNOWING

WHY THE FUCK ISNT MARCH COMING FASTER
>>
>>64899849
A little late on the ball buddy>>64899794
>>
>>64899794
Now its 1.6 billion. Amazin payday!!
>>
>>64899849
kek

Some nigger on /tv/ is just fucking with it.
>>
>>64899635

Why are you the way that you are? Honestly, every time I try to do something fun or exciting, you make it not that way. I hate so much about the things that you choose to be.
>>
>>64899849
holy shit, it's 1.6 billion now
>>
File: FZzbblW.jpg (587KB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
FZzbblW.jpg
587KB, 2000x3000px
>>64899781
Because she is literally a goddess walking this Earth
>>
>>64899815
I know shitposting over Deadpool has been insane, but if I could go out without doping up on diamorphine, I'd go watch it. I'm going into it to see sex jokes, violence and fart jokes.

I'm just hoping for Bane posting in it.

>This is Colossus, Deadpool.
>You're a big guy!
>[phone rings]
>For you!
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-15-00-49-33.png (324KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-15-00-49-33.png
324KB, 1440x2560px
FUCKING 1.6 BILLION! ITS HAPPENING!!!!
>>
>>64899769
>budget: 1,6 billion
Holy shit
>>
>>64899870
No the budget is in fact 5 million if you check the source. And besides the fact, I think filming an entire movie in a basement doesn't require that much of a budget to begin with. So it's completely understandable.
>>
LMAO!!
"$3 fitty"
>>
>>64898280
Right click, inspect element.

<!--

/*********************************************************

GateKeeper v2.3 - by Joe Barta

http://www.pagetutor.com/keeper/

Permission is granted to freely use this script.

**********************************************************/
function GateKeeper() {

var password = prompt("Password required:", "");

if (password) { this.location.href = password + ".html"; }}
//-->
>>
>>64899875
now 3 fitty kek
>>
>>64899852
Because it's been known as "The Cellar" for all this time and obviously before completion they got the rights and changed shit. Ta-da, since it's never announced as being a name change and those who know the name change aren't going to leak shit due to Jew Gold making them not. That's why it's been stchum.
>>
File: 21.jpg (30KB, 460x355px) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
30KB, 460x355px
>>64899920
>>
>>64899924
There is no fucking password, people have been through it already. Pressing F12 isn't hard, cunt.
>>
>>64899873

You need someone to put your ass back in check. I'm a necessary evil.
>>
>>64899920
JOHN GOODMAN CONFIRMED FOR CLOVERFIELD MONSTER
>>
>>64899852
>Abrams make this
Abrams didn't make this.

The film was made last year. There were reports on it being filmed in Louisiana. It's just that it was called Valencia back then and everyone knew the script so nobody paid any heed to it.
>>
>>64899973

In the original script what was outside the bunker?
>>
>film is called 10 Cloverfield Lane
>thecellar.com

This is connected, how?
>>
>Budget: $6 Gorillion

kek
>>
>>64900021
it was originally called the cellar before eventually being changed to 10 cloverfield lane
>>
>>64900007
Read the thread nigger jesus fuck. Original script was that Goodman's character claimed the outside world was hit with a chemical attack.
>>
>>64900007
Not sure myself. If someone can get in here
http://logins.specscout.com/homepage.php?mod=screenplay&smod=coverage&cmd=cvgd&sp_id=287

we can find out. Anon in a prior thread said that Goodman was right and that it was a nuclear holocaust outside.
>>
>>64900040
Between those two titles it was also known as Valencia.
>>
Guys, this site thecellarmovie.com has nothing to do with 10 Cloverfield Lane. Just did a whois (well, like 20 min ago, posting from Clover is pain), and saw the domain is registered to a company named Motionart Films Ltd. When you go to motionartfilms.com, you can see it's an independent fx company, and they were indeed working on a SHORT FILM named The Cellar: http://motionartfilms.com/news.php?nid=84.
Sorry to burst our collective bubbles but something I learned from the ARGs was to first validate the authenticity of the sites before playing.
>>
>2008 sleeper hit Cloverfield

lol
>>
2016 is going to be a good year lads. We have The VVitch coming out late January and we have this movie coming out in March.
>>
>>64900076
Ah, FUCK ME.

Well, sorry about this shit lads.
>>
>>64900076
Damn, what a shame. Sorry you guys.
>>
>>64900076
Man what a bummer.
>>
>>64900076
I fucking knew this site was a dud. I'm still holding out hope that there's a real site somewhere.
>>
>>64900076
well, let's just blame jar jar for not making another arg then
>>
>>64900150
Yea, now we can go back to hating Jew Jay
>>
Oh well.

I'm still hyped about this movie
>>
File: Slusho.png (174KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
Slusho.png
174KB, 500x566px
Oh cool another viral campaign whose story will probably directly contradict the movie.
>>
>>64900076
I don't know about that.

Matt Stuecken has a Twitter page made in August of 2012. It's not active, but it did follow the Twitter page for 10 Cloverfield Lane and for The Cellar movie.

https://twitter.com/10CloverfieldLn

Could all be bullshit, I'm not good at these ARG things and fall for BS all the time.
>>
File: 3-8-09 013.jpg (35KB, 261x261px) Image search: [Google]
3-8-09 013.jpg
35KB, 261x261px
>>64900076
>http://motionartfilms.com/news.php?nid=84.
"no password"
>>
>this whole thread is free marketing
Good goyims.
>>
>>64900076
Also unrelated to the whole password guessing thing but I've been reading both threads from the start, please do not give credence to whatever these critics and journalists say on Twitter about this, most people were kept out of the loop about this and now they want to make it seem as if it's less worth hyping than anything. If the producer of this film tells you it's a "spiritual sequel in the same universe" and that they chose to hold onto the title for as long as possible (not to mention it's JJ Abrams, a known trickster), you better believe him. I'm sure he has a smile on his face right now for throwing everyone a curve ball when they least expected it.
>>
>>64899852

Christ, Abrams isn't directing this, nor did he direct Cloverfield. Do you retards actually not understand the difference between producers, writers, and directors? Do you just see his name mentioned and immediately assume he's headlining the entire fucking thing?

Mongoloids like you are the reason movies with FROM THE PRODUCERS OF THE THE CONJURING sell tickets.
>>
>>64900191
And here's me posting the website on imdb to see if those retards could help in some way.
>>
http://www.10cloverfieldlane.com/

ALRIGHT BOYS WE GOT OURSELVES A NEW WEBSITE TO START SHILLING
>>
>>64900276
>invalid URL
WHAT COULD IT MEAN?
>>
kek
>>
>>64900304
I don't know but the official twitter links it

Fun Fact: Arm sling guy holds a copy of the movie Cannibal Airlines on VHS. I can't find that movie actually existing anywhere

https://twitter.com/10CloverfieldLn
>>
Maybe look at the name of the song john goodman plays on the cd in the trailer.
>>
>>64900311

sigh
don't post that
that's my REEEE normie roommate
>>
>>64899047
I heard a theory that it's because Clovers are the first kind of plantlife after a nuclear explosion.
>>
https://twitter.com/TheCellarMovie
This is a Twitter account being followed by the two writers of the initial spec script. The account was created just four months ago.
>>
>>64900311
>djy1991

WHO TOUCHED MY ASS?
>>
>>64899752
Really? Index takes you back to the home page?.....
>>
did no one try the number he punches in on the jukebox??!?!?!
>>
File: lels.png (91KB, 1366x726px) Image search: [Google]
lels.png
91KB, 1366x726px
>>
wheres the trailer?
>>
>>64899752
Maybe try something as simple then, like 'Home' 'Page' 'Entry' etc.
>>
>>64900400
>>64900424
We're off that now.

>>64900431
Check the twitter link
>>
>>64900431
http://youtu.be/yQy-ANhnUpE

Here's a fresh clean official trailer.
>>
>>64900431
right here pham

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPYpJA1NnL8
>>
File: ss (2016-01-15 at 02.14.53).png (57KB, 1357x751px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-01-15 at 02.14.53).png
57KB, 1357x751px
>>64899769
kek
>>
>>64900187
What was the contradiction?
>>
>>64900487
>all those John Freemans
Minor kek
>>
whats the name of the song in the trailer? could be password related?
>>
File: image.png (206KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
206KB, 1024x768px
>>64900311

checked
>>
File: 1381836041591.gif (2MB, 350x196px) Image search: [Google]
1381836041591.gif
2MB, 350x196px
>>64900468
Oh shit
>>
File: 1448534696316.jpg (8KB, 200x193px) Image search: [Google]
1448534696316.jpg
8KB, 200x193px
I'm so happy this is happening again.
>>
>>64900468
>mew's fat arse
nice
>>
>>64900555
The website we found turned out to be a dud.
>>
>>64900249
retards on /tv/ still think bay directs the turtles movies
>>
>>64900513
In the viral campaign the monster was awakened by drilling on the ocean floor. In the movie the monster falls from the sky at the very end.
>>
>MEWs bare feet in Imax
Yes please
>>
lmao "camp nowhere"
>>
File: Screenshot_20160115-031405.png (183KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160115-031405.png
183KB, 1080x1920px
>>64899910
Now it's this. They're really fucking with us desu senpai.
>>
File: image.png (194KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
194KB, 1024x768px
>What is his name?
>>
>>64900598
i thought it was a satellite
>>
>>64900598
>monster falls
>sleeps until drilling wakes it
>movie events
>>
>>64900431
It's on the twitter account posted a few moments ago. I think it's a better idea to work with the trailer until the website is up, because I'm sure they're still setting up the ARG and they're working out the bugs.
Just did another whois, this time for the official site, and it seems like it has some domain privacy registrar, since nothing can really be gathered from it. Usually when there's an ARG, the ones in charge of it register several sites under the same registrar, and you can test the authenticity by checking if the data is the same. For instance, the Prometheus ARG has all of its domains registered under Fox Films, that kind of data cannot be faked.
>>
>>64900598
The thing that fell was a satellite which woke up the creature.
>>
>>64900612
>Budget: John Goodman

That's a BIG budget https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/10_Cloverfield_Lane
>>
John Goodman Man did nothing wrong
>>
File: Capture.png (76KB, 1716x760px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
76KB, 1716x760px
Which one of you bastard did this?
>>
File: 1432925040945.jpg (474KB, 1619x1725px) Image search: [Google]
1432925040945.jpg
474KB, 1619x1725px
>Language: Namekian
>>
>directed by half life 3
So it's never coming out
>>
File: 1326267647313.jpg (47KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1326267647313.jpg
47KB, 500x333px
>>64900612
>John Goodman Productions
>>
>>64900647
>Bane?

I'm fucking dying.
>>
For those who are just tuning in, read >>64900076 first
TL;DR the site is not related to this project.
>>
Oh yay yet another sequel.
>>
>>64900647
>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/10_Cloverfield_Lane
Add Brendan Fraser as: Cloverfield
>>
File: 1448574961892.png (131KB, 371x256px) Image search: [Google]
1448574961892.png
131KB, 371x256px
>>64900678
>>64900678
>>64900678
>>64900678
>>
KEKS
>>
>>64900725
we don't know for sure if its a sequel
>>
>>64900647
Change the title to 10 Cloverfield Bane
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkMFLUXTEwM
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-15-03-24-34.jpg (564KB, 1532x2451px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-15-03-24-34.jpg
564KB, 1532x2451px
Shit
>>
>MEW as CIA
EXPLODING SIDES
>>
File: x.jpg (70KB, 925x554px) Image search: [Google]
x.jpg
70KB, 925x554px
i'm in tears
>>
>>64900763
too good
>>

this was linked on the official twitter page for the movie... wut
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-15-12-24-39.png (160KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-15-12-24-39.png
160KB, 720x1280px
Which one of you faggots did this?
>>
File: image.png (121KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
121KB, 750x1334px
>>64900765
WHO FUCKING DID THIS
>>
>directed by Joe
>Produced by Momma
>>
Someone link the official twitter.
>>
It's not even funny anymore
Discuss the trailer, not the ebin wiki edits
>>
>>64900694
SEQUEL TO MOM AND DAD SAVE THE WORLD
>>
>mew's fucked up leg in a brace
>trying to get up the stairs with a crutch

JUST
>>
File: shaw.png (108KB, 208x293px) Image search: [Google]
shaw.png
108KB, 208x293px
>>64900815
>>
>>64900598
I thought the drilling for the slusho materials woke Clover, and something with the drilling dickery or other shenanigans caused the satellite to fall. Weren't they supposed to be, more or less, unrelated. Fuck. I can't even remember.
>>
this isn't gonna have anything to do with cloverfield isn't it. What a bummer.

first I thought super 8 would be cloverfield 2, nope. Now something made by bad robot with cloverfield in the title, still not cloverfield sequel.
>>
>>64900861
I think the entire first half of the movie will be in the bunker. Then when she gets out, it's just going to be a fucking hell hole. It's being released in IMAX which tells me there will be some serious fucking shit outside the bunker. Maybe more than one big daddy monster. Also nuclear fallout. Fuck, this might be insane.
>>
>>64900953
Oh man, that would be fucking awesome.
>>
I feel like I've ruined a wikipedia editor's night by posting that link.
>>
>never heard of the director
>find out he did this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4drucg1A6Xk

eh i'll give it a chance
>>
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10_Cloverfield_Lane
>Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Waifu
At least this edit was correct
>>
>>64900952
That would be a massive bait and switch. Especially considering that in the trailer when the title appears it goes CLOVERFIELD and then the 10 and LANE fade in.
>>
>>64900985
You probably did, but some of these edits are worth it.
>>
File: 0.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>mfw it goes full lovecraftian
>>
File: 1449983775582.png (2MB, 1082x1450px) Image search: [Google]
1449983775582.png
2MB, 1082x1450px
>>64899793
>Why the fuck would I watch Johnny Depp being pretensious for 2 hours?
>pretensious
>>
>Cast : Samuel L Jackson as Giant robotic donkey kong jesus riding a puff of smoke
can you guys please stop. i cant laugh right now.
>>
>>64900985
Those Wikipedia editors must be quite compensated for their work.
>>
>>64900842
Here you go fammalam

/10CloverfieldLn
>>
>>64899793
>pretensious
>>
>Chie Satonaka as Best Girl
>>
>>64900953
I think the bunker will be two thirds of the movie and the last third is outside, she gets out, wanders for a while and dies of radiation/gets eaten. Maybe an open ending like The Thing 2011 where she just sits there alone with nowhere to go.
>>
>>64901057
It's mostly cleaned up now, but...
>RoonRoon as Cloverfield
>>
File: 1241478033620.png (589KB, 595x586px) Image search: [Google]
1241478033620.png
589KB, 595x586px
>you now remember that the monster in the original Cloverfield was the baby and we only had one vantage point throughout that movie
>tfw the mother and all the new offspring will be walking around a nuked to shit NY
>parasites
>deformed and deranged people scavenging and murdering
>>
>>64900736
Someone said in the original script she opens the door find the third guy in a hasmat suit.

The reflection is humanoid.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160115-034009.png (170KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160115-034009.png
170KB, 1080x1920px
>Plot Summary: HAN SOLO DIES BY HIS EMO SON BEN.

You guys, my sides are exploding. Halp!
>>
The movie was originally meant to be an original horror movie that was not tied to Cloverfield at all. You can find the script on the internet, go ahead and read it. I have a theory about what happened and why it eventually became a Cloverfield movie.

John Goodman's character kidnaps people and puts them in his bunker and tells them the outside world is toxic, when it's really not. It ends how you think it ends, the protagonists free themselves and happily ever after. No Cloverfield nonsense. BUT. I think the studio changed the ending near the end of production to tie it into Cloverfield. They probably did this for marketing reasons, as having Cloverfield in the title will sell more tickets and they see it as an opportunity to use an otherwise schlocky horror movie to promote an upcoming blockbuster. I think they changed it to where the audience is led to believe Goodman's character is lying, but the real twist is that he isn't and that the outside world is actually infested with thousands of Cloverfield monsters and babies and whatnot. I think this movie will serve as a set-up for the real Cloverfield sequel.
>>
>>64899910
>>64900311
>>64900425
>>64900536
>>64900612
>>64901122

thanks for the IPs :^)

>>
File: Screenshot_120.png (16KB, 413x218px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_120.png
16KB, 413x218px
>>
File: sempaidesu.png (88KB, 1704x698px) Image search: [Google]
sempaidesu.png
88KB, 1704x698px
nice
>>
>>64901133
>but the real twist is that he isn't and that the outside world is actually infested
and then they spoil that twist with the first fucking trailer
>>
The facebook page links to the official website but the link isn't working yet.

>>
>>64901133
Sounds pretty good tbqh. But the fact that it's being released in IMAX makes me think there will be a decent amount of the outside world on display.
>>
>>64901151
Not even close, fagit
>>
File: what did he mean by this.png (45KB, 525x425px) Image search: [Google]
what did he mean by this.png
45KB, 525x425px
>>
>>64901151
Proxy :)
>>
File: lol.jpg (147KB, 1451x815px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
147KB, 1451x815px
>>
>>64901151
are you retarded?
>>
>>64901133
They escape to find that john goodman WAS lying and everything is fine outside, he's just super lonely. Then the cloverfield monster eats them all.
>>
>>64901133
what's the name of that script?
>>
File: top sheev.png (2MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
top sheev.png
2MB, 1600x1200px
>>
Where's the full script? All I found was this
http://www.mocksides.com/The_Cellar_-_2_women.pdf
>>
>>64901226
Valencia
>>
Is there a jpg for hide all "image" filename threads, don't respond to posts etc?
>>
>>64901151

>oh no

Please be gentle with our bodies senpai
>>
mmememesmmes
>>
>>64899774
It's coming out in November you tard
>>
>>64900952
My guess is that what we're seeing here is in the middle of the movie. They all seem comfortable at first in that bunker, but there's danger piling up outside and I bet they hear the military troops trying to find people, which is what prompts MEW to escape. Notice the other guy is gone, precisely after the scene where Goodman is putting on some gloves to handle something inside a can with liquid nitrogen. Is the guy always injured in the trailer?

It's possible this is related to Cloverfield as some sort of aftermath, that bunker they're in looks very well maintained, no signs of dust anywhere and there's power too. Compare it to LOST's hatch, it's not that old by the looks of it despite having old technology in it, like the jukebox.
It should be interesting to look closely in the trailer to see and find clues to tie this movie to Cloverfield, specifically brands in the background and anything resembling a timeline that can be established.
>>
File: 3423623634_534534634.png (9KB, 319x100px) Image search: [Google]
3423623634_534534634.png
9KB, 319x100px
>>
Anybody have a link to the Valencia script?
>>
>>64900787
>>64900763
>normie memes
Fucking die
>>
>>64901016
"blood relative"
>>
File: eye.png (267KB, 708x676px) Image search: [Google]
eye.png
267KB, 708x676px
>>
>>64898280
Liked the feet in the trailer
>>
Why would John Goodman, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, and Damien Chazelle be involved with a Colverfield sequel?
>>
File: clover.png (128KB, 2374x917px) Image search: [Google]
clover.png
128KB, 2374x917px
>FRIENDLY REMINDER FOR THOSE FUCKING WITH THE WIKI

It's now locked down and being "officially" edited. None of your edits are actually being displayed to anyone else anymore. It looks like pic related.
>>
>>64901367
Its a dick
>>
>>64901367
BIG
>>
File: nice memes from all around.jpg (20KB, 302x198px) Image search: [Google]
nice memes from all around.jpg
20KB, 302x198px
>John Gallagher Jr. as Rooney Mara
>Rooney Mara as Cloverfield
>Kate Mara as Herself
>>
>>64901288
No it's not you fucking mong, it was an American trailer.

Shoo shoo slimey limey.
>>
>>64901288
>Being this retarded
>>
official cloverfield facebook page shared the trailer. probably doesn't mean anything but its still something.
>>
>>64901220
>chie satonaka as best girl

and here i thought i should give up on /tv/
>>
poorly received thriller gets shoehorned cloverfield ending to make it more marketable. no super secret marketing campaigns this time
>>
File: dinofield.jpg (126KB, 1416x676px) Image search: [Google]
dinofield.jpg
126KB, 1416x676px
>>64901367
MAJOR SPOILERS
>>
>>64901495
That actually makes a ton of sense to me. There's no way they keep it wrapped up for this long and there's no way Goodman and Winstead sign on to be a shitty Cloverfield sequel.
>>
HEADS UP FELLAS NEW UPDATE YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS

The "Error Code" doesn't seem to be real and the reference number changes every single time you refresh the page.
>>
>>64901495
>"We wanted to make [10 Cloverfield Lane] a blood relative of Cloverfield. The idea was developed over time..."
JJ Abrams

Sounds like it was mad to tie into Cloverfield at the last minute.
>>
>>64901551
Fascinating. Take that to one of the newer threads.
>>
10 Cloverfield Lane sounds like an address, right?
Put it on Google Maps, there's two addresses named as such in FL and one in TN. One of these might be relevant, although TN is landlocked, so I'd focus on the FL addresses in any case. I'm going with the idea that whatever happened, might have still come from the sea.
>>
>>64901588
It's where Bad Robot was originally located.
>>
File: 43242353453231412.png (158KB, 708x676px) Image search: [Google]
43242353453231412.png
158KB, 708x676px
GUYS?!
>>
>>64900602
This what I'm most looking forward to
>>
>>64901630

New thread guys
>>
>>64901495
>>64901526
This is what I've been saying from the beginning
>>
>>64901052
A Lovecraft-esque Kaiju movie would be great
>>
>>64901697
I don't even understand why this isn't a thing in horror. Is it too creepy? Are directors afraid of not living up to Lovecraft's genius? Is it simply not profitable?
>>
>>64901603
Can't find anything about this. Please confirm?

Also the filming was wrapped up in 2014, pretty sure they had plenty of time since then to work out if they wanted to make of it a Cloverfield sequel or spinoff. Please stop buying into the defeatist bullshit that is so characteristic of /tv/. Just accept that they kept this secret because everyone was more interested in leaking stuff from TFA, so no "leaked script" nor rumor will amount to the reality of the project now.
>>
>>64901588
co-ordinates perhaps?
>>
File: Alex_Konstad.jpg (43KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Alex_Konstad.jpg
43KB, 1536x2048px
>>64901745
as much as i would like to see it, you cant make lovecraft things visual. I mean you literally can, but it takes away the lovecraft factor in the monsters and creatures.
the best interpretation was in DIE's Fantasy music video. Thats a lovecraft monster done right.

I do hope At the Mountain of Madness gets done anytime.

also, imagine that lovecraft didn't die and instead of king kong, we would have gotten a the call of cthulhu
>>
File: 1380698180581.png (150KB, 364x297px) Image search: [Google]
1380698180581.png
150KB, 364x297px
>>64898280
The movie was so bad, why would people care about this shit anymore.

Maybe if it was another movie that wasn't related to J.J's shit, but Cloverfield 2? Seriously?
>>
>>64901913
I know what you mean. People only consider horror movies the ones with a lot jumpy parts, psychological things are just labeled boring. It would take a hell of a director to make a good lovecraft movie.
>>
The Password is co2 boys
>>
>>64898399
Because it was legitimately great.

I'm absolutely annoyed by people with shittaste at this point.
>>
File: 1375783100230.jpg (68KB, 550x475px) Image search: [Google]
1375783100230.jpg
68KB, 550x475px
>>64902597
Oh
>>
>>64899442
>>64899492

The password prompt works in such a way that the actual password is the name of the .html page it's supposed to direct you to if it's correct. It's the same as just entering thecellarmovie.com/yourguess.html in the address bar. It is case sensitive, though, and hashtags don't take you to a 404/3 because you're not actually telling the browser to navigate to a different webpage. You can find out more at http://www.pagetutor.com/keeper/index.html.

Additionally, using a url fuzzer I found a few html files on the domain that are currently unreachable, so they're probably default documents created by the webserver.
>>
So where the fuck is the Valencia script you assholes all claim to have read?

Fucking liars...
>>
>>64902975
>elipses
Helllllllllloooooo reddit!
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.