[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /tv/'s opinion on this show?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: FUCK STAR WARS.png (119KB, 420x238px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK STAR WARS.png
119KB, 420x238px
What is /tv/'s opinion on this show?
>>
>>64721793
tumblr-tier cancer
>>
>>64721793
like the last airbender whole lot of shipping that goes no where in a show that shouldve been fun
>>
>>64721837
thats not Steven Universe.

Adventure Time is more reddity if anything
>>
Adventure Time is a gateway cartoons of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a cluster**** of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive lulsorandumb xD and fan service. The normal anon can see this as the **** it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the **** of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& ******s who engage in every kind of ******ry both online and in the real world. The cutesy art all trying their hardest to look cool, the jutsus, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole lolrandom about the Adventure Time world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on revenge, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of **** that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this **** right the **** up.

Adventure Time is basically THE series to attract the worst cartoon fanbase known to /tv/, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every anon to troll the **** out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Adventure Time threads ever encourage the newfriendos to show their faces here

>>>/co/
>>
File: dubs_guy_checks.jpg (12KB, 248x248px) Image search: [Google]
dubs_guy_checks.jpg
12KB, 248x248px
>>64721888
is there really a difference?
>>
>>64722127
you can cuss here anon, its okay
>>
I liked it but haven't watched it in ages.
>>
I watch it with my wife. It is fun and well written.
>>
People here hate it because they like to be contrarian.

As someone who grew up in the late 80s and 90s, I actually think Adventure Time is a return to 90s form, a show that actually has quite smart humour and lots of jokes aimed at parents as well as children.

Adventure time having a fucking toxic fanbase of hipster pop culture geeks doesn't make the show itself bad.
>>
File: S3e18_Banana_Man_splits.png (125KB, 415x330px) Image search: [Google]
S3e18_Banana_Man_splits.png
125KB, 415x330px
>>64721793
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>64721793
It used to be alright, then it devolved into stale on-model animation, shipping and abandoned plot lines
>>
I watched it a couple times due to the fact that I used to hang out with a bunch of stoners who just thought it was the coolest shit ever and would put it on sometimes. I didn't really HATE it, but I thought it was kinda fuckin' lame to be honest. I mean I guess it's watchable, but I don't understand why it's so popular.
>>
>>64721793
At first I liked the art style and premise but after watching a few episodes I was annoyed by how fan-servicey it was. Also the writers come off as super tryhard with all the references that children clearly won't get. Also there's way too much romance for a kids show, but that's just my opinion. TLDR: the shit's way too tumblr 4 me
>>
Like all fun tv shows it starts to degrade once they get in love shit.

I used to love it when Finn and Jake just went on adventures and explored the weird world they're in (and I'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic pre-end lore shit in general).
>>
>>64722127
Eh, I think it's genuinely great in the first couple of seasons, then it becomes a weird fanfiction incarnation of itself. Same thing that happens to a lot of popular tv.
>>
>>64721793
i liked it when it didnt try to have a cohesive plot or romance.
before the pandering.
a more civilized age.
>>
Really creative when it wants to be. I usually just pay attention to who's storyboarding it if I want a decent ep.
>>
it makes me uncomfortable when my college-age friends (or even older) talk about how much they love this show

i think there's something unhealthy about that
>>
My two year old nephew loves it and I find it bearable unlike shitshows like Uncle Grandpa and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
>>
File: 1242341563748t6fv145.jpg (18KB, 233x175px) Image search: [Google]
1242341563748t6fv145.jpg
18KB, 233x175px
>>64722127
>>
>>64721793
Great show. Get butthurt if you like, but this show has unique animation, unique characters, and fucking insane jokes.
>>
Show stopped being good when JMoyns took over after Rebecca Sugar left, now that it's transitioning away from JMoyns' control it's recovering.
>>
>>64725625
it used to
now it's just tumblr
there's LITERALLY an episode about starchy getting cuckolded now
>>
>>64727117
Starchy didn't get cucked though, he blew it when he tried to re-murder Root Beer Guy.
>>
New cartoons are far superior than old cartoons, if you disagree it's your nostalgia talking, not you

Adventure Time, Clarence and Steven Universe are great
>>
>>64723827
This. It was good from mid first to around third season. Then it became all Love and romance and much less adventure which is what the show should be about
>>
File: 1452478394100.png (540KB, 476x731px) Image search: [Google]
1452478394100.png
540KB, 476x731px
dont really like the later seasons for their constant episodes witth guest artists (water park prank) i still mostly enjoy just finn and jake storylines.but its good that marcelline has her own series (stakes). Most hated is the one with finn kissing all the pricessess and fucking the pink glob. Card wars is my fav
>>
Goes on /co/ with all the other cartoons.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.